4.84/5
Based on 438 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 24, 2018

576 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

ClearPath Lending had some good rates and they told me exactly what I'd be getting. We streamlined the refinance to a fix 30-year rate. The application process was great. The loan officer was really personable. We didn't have to call him all the time. They are always talking to me, making sure what the process was and what we can expect to close. It was a good experience overall. I was very satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I got a letter in the mail to refinance. I had done it before and I was doing it again just to try and lower my rate and ClearPath was the first one that came up. And out of everything else I heard, it was the best offer I had. The loan officer was easy to work with. The time difference was the only thing that threw me off when I was kind of looking early in the morning. I was trying to match the schedule but everything else was great though. The loan officer was easy to get a hold of.

Original review: April 22, 2018

ClearPath was my initial lender and the only one I stuck with when I was trying to buy a house. The application process was decent. The things that they told me worked and it went rather smooth. I went with their first-time homebuyers loan program and the application process took two months. They were responsive anytime I called and needed answers. They were good people overall and honest. Whatever my lender at that particular was telling me, all I had to do was sit back and wait for it to come through.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I refinanced a VA loan last August with a different lender out of Sacramento, California and ClearPath Lending let me know about the options on my Streamline VA opportunities prior to anybody else, including the other lender. ClearPath helped me drop my interest rate by half a point. The application took me five days and it was the easiest thing I've ever done. They were very professional and everything they said was true. The follow up of my loan officer, James, was unbelievable. He never missed a step. In addition, ClearPath has a loyalty program, so I'm not gonna be shopping with anybody else ever again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I wanted to reduce the interest on my FHA loan and I got a whole bunch of refinancing offers. I started working with a few of them to see who was going to give me the best deal and I wound up with ClearPath because they had the best offer by far. I then started working with them and they were a highly professional organization compared to the other ones that I worked with and I appreciated that. I've owned multiple properties and I've never dealt with a company that was that professional. It was also tempered with real friendliness and concern talking about all the issues and options. They were also very quick. The application and underwriting took less than three weeks. I was also sent a very professional folder that explains their loyalty program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: April 19, 2018

ClearPath Lending sent me something in the mail and I decided to go with them. The application process was okay. We did most of the things online and then their rep faxed a whole lot of stuff and I got some things in the mail. Their reps were nice, but they told me one thing and then it was something else and misled me. They lied to me twice. They told me I could skip two months payment and then I can start making my payments back. I skipped one month and then the new people said that they needed the payment, so I went on to send it. And as soon as I signed up, they didn’t tell me that they were going to switch me to another company, HomeBridge, which they did. I thought I was going to be with ClearPath and they just kept me in the dark. It was a bad experience.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had an absolutely wonderful experience doing a VA loan with ClearPath Lending. I got a notice then I called Michael who was real great and kind. He and his associate were more than helpful. My husband had just passed away and they went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me, and I really appreciate it. The application process went well and signing all the forms was a piece of cake. I definitely would recommend them to my friend.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I got something in the mail about the new FHA loan and changing it to Streamline. I searched online to make sure that ClearPath had a good reputation or people had had a positive experience then I went ahead and called in. Their loan officer was really amazing so the application process was quite easy. They said I would be getting a copy of all the papers I signed, but I have yet to get that so I need to call them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

ClearPath Lending is a good company and I did a VA loan program with them. The application process was easy and I had no hassles at all. The loan officer was an efficient fellow and he followed up on everything he said. He did everything he said he was gonna do, and everything has been fine. I'll probably use them again and I would recommend them to other people.

Original review: April 15, 2018

ClearPath Lending sent me something in the mail and I had heard their name before in an advertisement or on the radio. So, they were a bit more reputable than the other lending companies that I hadn't heard of. I did a conventional loan program and the application process was easy. They explained it to me and the loan officer that I talked to did everything for me. When I was out of the office and needed stuff to be emailed, he emailed it for me to different people. He was very helpful. At one time, he had an emergency with his girlfriend, but he was still able to contact me and keep me posted as to why he didn't return my phone call, and that he was still working while he was in the hospital with her. Everything went smoothly like how I expected with ClearPath Lending.

Original review: April 14, 2018

ClearPath Lending should have said that they would do the paperwork to get me approved and then they would sell the loan or find somebody to finance it. They don't actually lend anybody anything. When I refinanced the house, Ocwen called me as a collection agency. They came, collected the money, and they set up the direct deposit. They have no stake in the game other than to collect that payment every month.

ClearPath set people up with people who will finance or refinance the house. The people in the finance department called to tell me that I had to pay $200,000 worth of insurance on the loan which was ridiculous. They mailed something to me nine times telling me to pay the insurance. So, I got in a long conversation with them and, of course, people on the computers are just idiots. They have a screen, they respond, and their responses are totally useless. That was a real shocker because these people that I talked to who are financing the loan have nothing to do with ClearPath.

So, I finally got ahold of a finance manager and she just went on and on about how my $498 payment wasn't enough. It had to be like $506 or $510 or something like that because I had to pay insurance on the loan. And I told her that I went through ClearPath Lending. I got a 30-year fixed-rate loan. I got the interest, principal and taxes on the paperwork. She told me that I would need to call ClearPath Lending then because they needed me to pay the insurance on the loan to change my payment. And I said to her that that was interesting. I asked if they could do this every year and increase my payment. I refinanced to get out of and ARM and the first thing I get is somebody calling me saying that they were gonna make me pay a little more.

As for the processing side, ClearPath was awesome. They made everything quick, smooth and understandable. The lady they sent went over everything very carefully. It was excellent. They rock. I really don't care about the whole financing mess because once I make the payment which I already have and I've set up a direct deposit, I ain't gotta worry about it for 30 years. So, dealing with these people for a few minutes, I could care less.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My wife and I were considering refinancing and getting the interest rate down. After speaking with ClearPath Lending and looking at the options that were out there, ClearPath's rates beat a lot of competitive rates. The application was smooth and timely and the loan officer was responsive. For the most part, my experience with ClearPath was pretty decent except that what they said we would get in our escrow check was not the same amount. They said it was going to be $1,200 but we got $492.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I decided to get a loan through ClearPath because the interest rate was low. I got an FHA with finance. The application process was not difficult and the loan officer that I worked with was perfect. Their reps were there all the time. I had a great experience with ClearPath. I will tell a friend to go ahead and use it.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I’ve seen a couple other deals and ClearPath Lending has the best offer to me. Their application process was easy. The loan officer that I've worked with was good. He was able to answer any questions I had and was easy to get a hold of.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’ve dealt with ClearPath Lending before. Recently, I got a loan through them to get a better interest rate. Their application process was great and their loan officer was good. I would recommend ClearPath to my friends.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I'm glad I chose ClearPath to get a VA loan. I did some research and the rate rising got me interested. I gave ClearPath a call and Gabriel pointed out a good point to me about that. He was very convincing, so I went with them. The application process was awesome. They walked me through it step-by-step and they explained things that I wasn’t aware of. ClearPath did a great job and it was a good experience.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I received a letter at home through my mail and the promotion on it was trying to get my interest down on my house. I checked on Google reviews and I read good comments about ClearPath Lending. Everything went good with the application process. Some companies take an eternity to get you a loan but with ClearPath, everything was fast and easy. I had two different loan officers. The first one was George. He was very polite and friendly. And the other one was Oscar. I felt comfortable working with both of them.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I received a few letters and I called ClearPath Lending. Ron, the loan officer I spoke with, is a great guy and he seemed really knowledgeable about the whole thing. I did a home refinance with ClearPath. The application process was straightforward and it was just basic. The approval process was straightforward as well and it was smooth. ClearPath stayed in touch with me the whole time, if I had any questions. After all the paperwork was done and everything was filled out, and after the decision was made, everything was finalized and the closing came two weeks afterwards. I'd tell friends, "Go with ClearPath. They're seamless."

Original review: April 5, 2018

My daughter had a car that I got stuck with, so I wanted to pay that off and not have a bill. I was shopping around and it seemed like ClearPath offered the best deals and the best rates. I have a VA loan with ClearPath and the application process was great. If I had any problems, their rep Joe helped me out. He was very easy to communicate with and easy to get ahold of if I had any questions or if I needed anything. He was readily available for anything. ClearPath should give him a raise. And if friends would ask about ClearPath, I would tell them to see what the company has to offer them which is usually better than most of the other providers.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The percentage at the other mortgage company that I had kept going up and I had to do something about that so I looked into refinancing my home. I was still working at the time so I decided to find someone that can help me out. I got some other mailers but they didn’t sound too good to me. And there were a few that I called, but they were asking so much information from me, so I backed out on them. But when I got ahold of ClearPath, I could understand what they were offering, so I gave it a try. I liked their application process. It was good and their loan officer was great, I got along with him. And anytime I ever needed anything, I gave them a call. I’d recommend ClearPath Lending.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Everything went smoothly with ClearPath Lending. Their customer service level was good. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I'm going through a divorce and I needed to reset my finances so I can make sure I can stay in my house. I liked ClearPath's persistence and they were very straightforward and easy to work with. They stayed in constant contact with me and they walked me through the refinance process. They discussed what the process was going to be, and everything they said happened just as they said it would. I've done two loans with them, and the loan officers that I worked with were very personal but professional. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. I would probably never need them again, but if I do, I feel very comfortable and confident that they would be my first and last call. I will recommend ClearPath.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was refinancing and the reason why I went with ClearPath was that the other gentleman I was dealing with was way out of touch and ClearPath went on and took care of their businesses right away. I was already with them so I went back with Clear Path on a different refi. In fact, it was my second time dealing with Luke, the loan officer, and the application process was done well. Whatever ClearPath is doing, they should keep up the good work.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had already bought the house and I could just do an FHA streamline refinance. I picked out the first best reviewed company that I saw on the internet and the application process was awesome. Everybody in CleanPath Lending was very kind, professional and understandable. They usually did whatever they said that they would be doing and they worked very fast. Everything was perfect. However, the last experience that I had was not the best one. I was supposed to get a check back but when I got it, it was not the amount that it should have been. I called them and they said that they were going to call me back but it has already been a month and I never got a call. I wouldn’t go back to them just because after they closed for me they never cared about solving an issue with me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

There were a bunch of lenders and they were coming in. They were talking about the IRRRL program and I just decided on ClearPath. They looked the most legitimate organization that I received mail from, so I gave them a call. I wasn’t happy with who I had before, so that was an issue as well. I was hoping to get in touch with an organization that would be supportive of my home refinancing. ClearPath’s overall process was easy. The application process was really good. I felt like there was a good connection. The loan officers were checking on me to see if I needed anything. And I had a clear understanding of what needed to happen going forward, with documents they needed from me. But, there were a few misunderstandings at the beginning, but that ended up getting hammered out throughout the process.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The application process of ClearPath was easy and the experience with them was smooth and pain-free. I was very happy with how it went. They were extremely helpful and did a great job. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: April 1, 2018

ClearPath Lending had a better rate which was better-guaranteed than that of the VA loan I had through another lender. ClearPath's application process was pretty smooth. We did some stuff over the internet and they sent a guy out to do the paperwork. We dealt with the loan officer, Mark, and he was awesome. He called us back and he was on time. We had a three-hour time difference with him, but he always found a way to make things work. So, we were happy with him.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was looking into refinancing an FHA loan and the interest rate with ClearPath Lending was cheaper. John, the loan officer I dealt with, was very nice, friendly and knowledgeable. He helped me through everything that we needed to do and stayed on top of things.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I liked the way ClearPath put everything upfront and kept me informed on things as they were going along. When they told me something, they followed up on it. I started talking to one of the agents and he made the application process really simple. He sent me the forms, faxed them to my email address here and then he got on the phone and walked me through them. If I had any questions, he answered them right away. He made a step-by-step to everything that was going to happen. He also stayed in touch with us all the time. When he said he was going to call, he called. He was a very nice guy, guiding me every step of the way. Everything he told me was true and things went exactly like he said. So, I was happy with him. If my friends are thinking about getting a home loan, I would tell them to give ClearPath a call.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was trying to lower my monthly payments and I’m a veteran so I went in to the VA loans. The application process was pretty quick. The loan officer was good and very friendly. I would recommend ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information