Call toll free
4.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

644 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I received a letter and it said there were two new things that the VA was looking at. One was a straightforward loan and the second one was one that would encompass other debts if we could combine it. I had refinanced twice. The mortgage I had was a variable rate of 2.65%, but it could go anywhere in 2021 and I wanted to nail it down so I went with ClearPath Lending even though they were a little higher. The application process went smoothly and the loan officer and I got along well. I would recommend ClearPath Lending.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My first mortgage company sent something in, and then I called the number and ClearPath called me. They sent me for the FHA refinancing and that’s why I was interested and looked into it. They got everything handled in a really good and fast way. The rep Craig was a really good guy. He was easy to talk to and very down-to-earth.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

ClearPath Lending got me an interest rate lower than the one I have. Applying for a refinance was easy, and my loan officer stayed in contact with me and kept me up to date. I had a great experience with ClearPath. They were friendly and had all the stuff well-organized.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I had a negotiation with ClearPath Lending before and because I liked the way they followed up and made sure that I was updated on a weekly basis on what was happening and whatever venture we had going on, I went with them again. Their application process is just a standard one. They got in touch with me and wanted to know what my needs were, then we started to work from there. The representative who I worked with was also exceptionally courteous, which is the main reason I like ClearPath.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I got a letter about refinancing from ClearPath Lending and I called them. The application process was good and the people I worked with gave me good advice. They were nice and pleasant to talk with. When I didn’t call them, they would call me every couple of days and I also got the emails from them. I had a nice experience. They recommended the right things for me and I was happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had already turned in the paperwork with the company I was with before and they were still charging me taxes so I said, "I'm a 100% disabled veteran, I shouldn't be paying taxes. What do you not understand about all my paperwork that you've seen?" They said they would take care of it but nothing was done. But ClearPath took care of it right away. The lender that I had told me that they were gonna go up on my percentage, and he said that with ClearPath, it was gonna be on a fixed rate.

The rep who helped me was great. Until this day he would just call me. He kept me up to date pretty much with everything. I hardly had to do anything and they said that if I needed any more information, for me to call them. With the other company I would call and nobody would ever answer. After I signed the paperwork, I never heard from them again. It's nice to know that ClearPath brought the payment down because they're not charging me the taxes and it's like 2k over. If I'm ever in a bind, I just see the regular mortgage so it's great. I'm more at ease. I'm happy now. Finally somebody paid attention to me.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I've been with ClearPath for a long time. I hadn’t done anything about the equity of the house and I was just wasting it, so I thought I might as well pay off some stuff while I can with the house. The reps were real nice people, easy to get along with, easy to talk to and really upfront with everything. I got into the loyalty program and every step of the way, someone was always there to show me how to do everything. The loan officer was really good and I enjoyed talking to him. It was a really good experience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

ClearPath Lending has better rates than other lenders. I applied for a refinance and the process went smoothly. The person helping us, our contact, was always communicating with us and letting us know the statuses. We had a great experience and we ended up getting a really great rate. I would suggest using ClearPath.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Since I was pleased with ClearPath when I dealt with them at a prior time, I went with them again to apply for a loan. Their reps were professional. The process took some time though, but that was expected. It was also simple. With ClearPath's help, I got everything that I needed and wanted.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

If I could give it less than one star, I would. They make too many promises that they can't/don't keep. Do not buy their BS about making six timely payments and they will lower your interest rate. They won't. They will have all kinds of excuses. Lesson learned. We gave them 3 chances and they lied all three times. We have never been late even one time but they still wouldn't lower the rate.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I feel I got ripped off. I refinanced my VA Loan for the 3rd time with this co. Bill ** was the agent and it took over 6 months even though this was my 3rd refi with Bill. He was supposed lock me in at 3.25%, but I ended up getting 4.00%. I originally wanted a 2.25% ARM, but he said we could get that after 6 months of closing the 30 fixed. He obviously was trying to get more money (business)! ** was laid off by Clearpath. The last two closings, ** happened to be out of the country (on vacation) each time we were closing! So I couldn't complain about the loan! I should have known he was not legitimate when I did my 1st refi when I asked him his age and he hesitated and finally said "around 24".

Original review: June 25, 2018

We were over our head with our debts and we wanted to see if we could get some help. I’ve never heard about ClearPath but I just tried it out and it worked. The application process was very simple and it was very quick. We did a regular mortgage program and our loan officer, Luis, was a very big help. He tried every way to help us and he really succeeded. He really kept in touch with us every step. He called and told us what was going on and what we were supposed to do. Even if nothing was going on, he let us know. We had a great experience and we’re very happy with the outcome. Somebody asked about ClearPath and I talked to her about it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I looked at the reviews of people about lenders and I decided to go with ClearPath Lending. I refinanced with them. The application process went by fast and wasn't long, and the time it took didn't bother me. Everything was professional with the loan officer and everything went well and easily.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The company that I got the loan from, Veterans Advantage, sold my loan to ClearPath. The application process with ClearPath was easy. They got everything set up for us and were very professional. We didn't think that they could do a better job than Veterans Advantage but ClearPath put a better rate. Initially, I was in doubt. We didn't hear from anybody while we're waiting on the two months. Then we got a phone call from a young lady and she explained the whole process. Also, we got a package in the mail and ClearPath walked us through the process once again. They gave my wife the request to sign up and pay the loans and I haven't had an issue. The loan officer at ClearPath was courteous, kept me informed, patient and held for their word. I would refer ClearPath to others.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was looking to refinance my house, so I searched for lenders and came across ClearPath Lending. Their rate was a lot better than what was being proposed to me by another lender and they helped me out to the fullest. I got a refi from them. The young man that I was working with during the application process explained everything and the process was really easy with the help that I got from him. He also kept in contact and every time he said that he was gonna follow up, the follow-up came through. He had good customer service and he was knowledgeable. So, I enjoyed doing business with them.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I've been with ClearPath for a couple of years and I feel good about them. My loan officer is Wesley and he's outstanding. He’s very concerned with what he’s doing and it makes you think he’s been doing it for a long time. I recently changed from an adjustable rate to a fixed rate and everything went well. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was looking for refinancing on my home and my experience with ClearPath's lending was smooth sailing. It was great. The loan officer helped me get started, walked me through the process and told me what I needed to do which I did. The process was really quick and I was glad I had no problems whatsoever. The application process was easy. It was not complicated for doing up a case so everything was good to go. ClearPath was comfortable to deal with. The reps were professional, on schedule, and whatever they say they were gonna do, they did.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We had a variable rate contract and we knew the interest rates are going up so we decided that we should refinance. ClearPath Lending called us and we went with the VA loan program with them. We had worked with them before and they were excellent. The experience during the application process was perfect and the loan officer was very good.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I’ve been dealing with ClearPath for a while now. When I first got my house, I went through them and they’ve always done excellent work for me. I'm in their Loyalty network and whenever I do business, I try to deal with them. I was out of town when I recently refinanced and they texted me and told me what I needed, and I got it for them and everything went fairly smooth. The rep did a great job and he notified me right away of any changes. The process wasn’t long at all. I’m pleased with it because I got into a fixed interest rate this time, which is what I want because you don’t know the day and time that the market's gonna go up.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I got a letter on the mail from ClearPath. There was a "try one of the lowest interest rates out there". So I just decided to go with them. I did a refinance and everybody I dealt with was great and helpful. My loan officer was able to explain anything so at the end, I didn’t really have any questions or any doubts. The application process was easy and it was just on the VA part that it was a bit of a hassle, but that had nothing to do with them.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I wanted to get a lower payment and when I looked up for lenders, ClearPath has good service. Their application process was great and easy. I had a lot of communication with my loan officer. There were some issues at first but they communicated through the whole process. They kept me informed on things that I may not know about on the current that they had. It was a good experience and I’m very fortunate. ClearPath has great customer service and I never had that level of support on many loans that I had.

Original review: June 18, 2018

With the last company we were with, the interest rate could have gone up to what they had said and they could sell us out or something. ClearPath just seemed to do a better deal. I then applied for a VA loan from them. The application process was good and the guy we talked to was super nice.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We wanted to buy a house and got a VA loan from ClearPath. The loan officer was very good and the application process was easy.

Original review: June 17, 2018

ClearPath's customer service made me feel relaxed when I went to them for a refinance. They weren't pushy like most of the places and I've refinanced several times before. I like them and I'd recommend ClearPath Lending to anybody who wanna do a refinance.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I liked the guy from ClearPath Lending that I was working with. He was straightforward and helpful. He didn’t hide anything and everything sounded legit. The application process with them was quick, smooth and easy. We had all the paperwork and there were no hiccup. I would recommend them to anybody who's looking into refinancing to buy a house.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I got a VA loan through ClearPath and the experience has been good. It was actually a refi and they helped me get the lowest rate possible. Also, the application process was easy, and they kept me updated on everything that was going on. I’d recommend ClearPath to friends.

Original review: June 14, 2018

ClearPath Lending reached out and contacted me when I did the first refinances of my house loan. I talked to my realtor, who is now a friend, and she gave them a thumbs up, so I talked to Kasha, the ClearPath agent, who helped me through the refi process. Working with Kasha was amazing. He is probably one of the most genuinely polite people I’ve ever met. He was very positive about keeping me informed as the process was going on and made sure that I knew all of my options. He presented to me what he thought was the best plan, while giving me some time to think it over. The application process was very easy and the whole process took about 25 days to complete.

I have told every friend of mine who is a veteran that ClearPath is definitely the company that they wanna deal with. I had a great experience with them and there was less pressure than buying a car. In fact, I refinanced with them twice and it has been phenomenal both times. I’ve even added Kasha’s number to my phone directory so that if I had another interest rate or if it fluctuated down, I can call and he'll let me know if it’s a good time or not to do a refi.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I needed a refinance and Tyler Finance chose ClearPath Lending for me. I did the application over the phone and it was okay. The rep I worked with was good as well. He explained everything and was able to answer all of my questions.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I liked the way ClearPath Lending has their plans set up. I can be a loyal customer and all I can do is pre-update. I’m a retired soldier and I got a VA loan from them. Their application process was wonderful. It was nice, fair and quick. Their loan officer was excellent and he was able to answer all of my questions. Also, they have a lower interest rate. I’ll recommend them.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My experience with ClearPath Lending has been good. It was the second time I've refinanced with them so I really didn't have to do anything. The loan officer was knowledgeable and was there for any questions I needed to be answered. He had the email information that he needed to close up the loan and then he just kept me updated on all of the loan process. ClearPath Lending was good and I had no issues with them.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information