2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

BOTTOM LINE

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

PROS

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

CONS

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a pleasure working with Lilly and her group of good folks!

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were very easy to get ahold of…

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

ClearPath sent me a thing in the mail and I called their number. I did a refinance with them and the process was fairly easy. There was more difficulty after everything was signed but that was just a communication problem on their part. I was still getting calls from my other company saying I owed them money and that the payoff never went through. Then, when ClearPath sent the first payoff two weeks later, I got a call from my previous mortgage company saying that it wasn't enough. But I told them I didn't know why they called me because I didn't send them the money. Then, I gave them the number of the person in ClearPath that I was dealing with, Greg. I also contacted him and let him know.

It turned out that the wire didn't get back to the title company and an entire month went by before the title company called and said that they needed me to get on the phone with them and PHH to give them permission. They were just getting the wire back that they had sent back in November 13th. So right at the end of December, on the 31st, was when we had to do that. I also don't know what Greg communicated to them or if he even communicated with them. But he was cool. Plus, the title company didn't say that they didn't get the money from Greg or from PHH. PHH didn't even call them, so I think it was more on PHH because they called me and my name wasn't on the check. PHH called me several times and they would call every couple of weeks.

Aside from that, I reached out to Greg when I got something from Freedom Mortgage because I didn't know who they were and he didn't reach back to me. I found out later that Freedom Mortgage is still part of ClearPath, but they serviced the loan for ClearPath. But when I couldn't get in touch with him after he had been so prompt before, I thought I had been scammed. But when Freedom Mortgage called me again after two weeks, I sent him a more serious text saying that I hope I wasn't scammed because I gave them all my information. He called me back immediately after that text and explained everything. He said that my account was paid on the 13th and everything should be fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family. Please contact information@clearpathlending.com if you have any questions! Thank you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I wanted to refinance to work my payments down a little bit. I'm a retired veteran, so I don't like things tight, and refinancing took care of things. This was my second refi. To get the interest down is a big thing. Joe was very informative. He took his time and explained things to me better than most people. He gave me his number to call for any problems or questions. I told him I won’t abuse it. He said, “If you call me with a question, it’s not abuse.” It was the right answer. I've always told people the stupid questions are the one not asked.

ClearPath went out of their way on one of the items. We had a solar put on the roof here. I was never told by the people that installed it that the company put a lien on the house until the work was done. The company forgot to take it off but I never knew it was put on to begin with. When I called them to find out about it, they said they were gonna take it off and that they would call me. Then I got a call from the company and they said it was my responsibility. One of the reps from ClearPath went out of her way and talked to one of the attorneys in their group and they gave her an idea what to do. Then she got it done in a day.

They made it easy for me to set up my automatic payments. The only thing I'm waiting for now is my complete signed copy of the contract. It’s been a while since I signed up, but when I last talked to Joe, he said they put a wrong number on one of the VA papers. I redid that and sent it back to him. He told me he will send me a copy. Overall, it was simple. It took a little while, but I understood that part, especially since it was a refi. Everything went pretty good.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 29, 2020

This is a review for ClearPath Lending after a refinance loan for my 30-year VA loan. I’m skeptical of solicitations I get in my mail daily. I literally received 4-5 daily and they go right to the round filing bin (aka trash can) because they are all the same, overpromising and underdelivering. In the past, I have called the numbers only to be passed around like hot potato from one person to the next only to realize I was on the phone for almost an hour with nothing being accomplished. Another 30 minutes and all I have completed was them gathering all my personal information before we even talk about loan options or their "promised" interest rate advertised in the mailing. This leaves one frustrated and frankly this is why very few cringe at making the call on solicitations. If you think the mailings are annoying, the phone calls go to a whole new level.

However, this is how one day I had saved a mailing and glad I did. It was sitting on my counter for weeks and I was on the fence of calling. I dreaded the phone call but when I finally made the decision to make the call, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely satisfied with eh experience from ClearPath Lending. My representative I spoke to was Lily and she was quick(time is valuable); the information was relevant to my needs and she didn't waste a lot of time selling me anything.

I made all the decisions and she pointed me in the right path of what was best for my needs. Never once, offered anything above and beyond what ClearPath Lending could deliver and that was refreshing. Effective and efficient transaction is what anyone desires when conducting a refinance. I’m here to say ClearPath Lending was so impressive from start to finish, they left a First-Class impression on me, and certainly would refer them to anyone of my family members or friends in the future.

Warm regards,

Phil

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 14, 2020

ClearPath found me. I put something on the internet wherein people will say, “We’ll go through it and give you a quote right away.” The first thing it did was people started calling me. ClearPath's rep was the second one who did. He gave me a lot of information really quick. The process was really easy as far as the paperwork, but I waited for three months for closing ‘cause it was VA loan.

I worked with some pretty good people. They called me all the time, informed me what was going on or emailed me. If I had a question, I email back and then I got results right away. I got a good loan, too. I had to pay $6,000 and I know I have to pay my taxes, insurance, and escrow. But it was other miscellaneous stuff and the rep assured me there wouldn’t be any out-of-pocket expenses.

They also wanted to appraise the place but they sent some idiot in here from 60 miles away. He appraised the place much lower, $278,000. I said, “I knew that isn't right.” So I hired my own appraiser to come out and it was $380,000. I don’t know why ClearPath won’t let me use the appraiser that knows what the lands around here is worth. My place has 10.5 hectares and the pond, woods and the stream. They put my place as two-hectare double wide. I don’t understand why. My place is worth $100,000 more than what he said. And I know it was worth over $300,000 some because a place down the road sold for $290,000 and it was an hectare lot and a three-bedroom double-wide unit. But that wasn't ClearPath's fault. We got the job done.

My old mortgage company got a hold of me when ClearPath and I were in the process of closing. It’s basically already been set and closed, and ClearPath was supposed to give money. I got in at 2.75 and my old company came up with 2.50, out-of-pocket closing. I told them, “You waited way too long. I’ve already got a done deal.” That was kinda funny.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I asked questions and ClearPath didn't answer. Once they got the loan approved, I got very little response. When I asked how much the loan was going to cost, they kept telling me that it was not gonna cost me anything out of pocket. But I've been in the market for about 15 year so I know there's cost because they get paid. I was just trying to get an idea of what it was going to cost. Then, I asked the gentleman about this statement I got in the mail from a title company. He asked what it was and said that I should fax it to him, and he would call me back in five minutes. That was the longest five minutes I've ever had since I closed my loan. He hasn't called me back yet. I would think that since I was a willing customer and not asking questions to do anything but information, they would gleefully tell me what the answers were.

The process was mechanical and I didn’t have any issue with it or the timing. What befuddled me is that I gave information up until they got this cleared and then all of a sudden, they told me they got me in the pocket and I didn’t have to respond. It was excellent up until that point. I have a statement now. I want to ask some questions such as what it is, what it is for and what it costs. You have to figure it out yourself, which is on you. I was dealing with my rep up until that point so I had a general idea. There was something that I didn’t know and it didn’t quite match. I wasn’t trying to cancel the loan. So, I know now that customer service was just to get my money, and then, that's it.

I expect professional courtesy. There was nothing wrong with the process nor the loan, but they were very cooperative up until the point where it was processing the paperwork at the end. I understand the overall process and I know you pay $3,000 for a loan, which is very good. My credit is 8.7 so I was getting good rates from everybody. And because I got good service before for the house, I went with these folks. But I'm turned off. That's not the way you win customers. I'm a vet and one of my friends asked me. I told him not to use ClearPath.

I used ClearPath before and the person was totally professional, answered all of my questions, called me and made sure. Every time I got something, he was Johnny-on-the-spot and even through the end. I had a choice of 15 other mortgage companies. The rates are so low now. It's competitive. So, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't use at least that agent and I'd have to think about it. But the lending process was average. Whatever the agent said would happen, it happened. So it wasn't a thing with the process. It's a training issue and the agent needs a little more training to understand the entire process. The customers should have no questions.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The application process with ClearPath was easy. Somebody came out here to talk to us about it. Their rep answered my questions and it was a nice experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

We refinanced our home with Clearpath not once but twice. The people were completely professional and fast. Our first refinance was easy. Clearpath told us they would notify us if the interest rates dropped enough to save us money. Then they did the best thing, they followed through and called us with an even better offer than the first. The second refinance was even easier and actually had fun learning our savings. What a great company to work with. They took the stress out of the process and kept us informed the whole time.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

ClearPath was sending solicitation mails. I looked them up on the internet and saw they had good reviews. That was when I contacted them. It was cool. Also, the letters that they sent weren't your normal letters. They were like handwritten letters with your name on it, so they were more personalized. Overall, the customer service reps were very informative. They kind of told me and my wife about the process doing the refinance, and then they let us know how easy it was and the paperwork that we had to do wasn't a massive amount of paperwork. Then, if we had any questions, they would answer. Occasionally, if it was taking a long time in between anything going on, they would call just to check to see if we had any questions.

In my opinion, everything was done on time. If I ever got worried or cautious, then someone would call me and would say, "Hey, we're just letting you know we're still working on it," or they let us know what step in the process it was going through. It was all great. I like the loyalty program, too. If you refinance with them, they send you this little packet with the information, and then after six months, they'll contact you again. If the rates change and you're eligible, they'll contact you. So, they're looking out for your best interests rather than just their own. It was a good process. Everybody was cool.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

ClearPath was fair and honest. The mortgage process was very easy and the rep was nice.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

ClearPath was great. Dominic was very persuasive and he broke everything down to me piece by piece. He got my attention and my business. The process for the VA program was easy.

ClearPath Lending Company Information