2. Mortgages

ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

BOTTOM LINE

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

PROS
  • Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes
CONS
  • Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a pleasure working with Lilly and her group of good folks!

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were very easy to get ahold of…

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The packaging of the letter from ClearPath that came in looked really elaborate and the paper was a nice. The print was thick as well and I like nice things. I must have gotten 100 letters and theirs stood out. I did a Veteran loan with them and their process was quick, simple, and easy. The guy I dealt with was Mark and he was a pretty matter-of-fact guy. It was my first time refinancing and I'm a first time homeowner. So I've only been in the house for not even a year and I felt comfortable working with ClearPath and all the information that Mark gave me. He gave me the basics and I could have asked for more information, but at the same time, I would have been irritated if he had given me more information because I needed to get some sleep. But toward the end of the process, I finished with Mark up until a certain point. Then, there was another person I was going to be dealing with to do the end part and the guy was rude.

A little over a year ago, I was going through a divorce but because of the pandemic, it never got finalized and is still in the courts. The judge said that he allowed me to buy the house but the ex-wife had to sign off on it and she signed off on it, so the house was purchased in my name solely and only my name is on the deed. The gentleman, in his experience, had never heard that happening before, because usually, husband and wife are at odds and the wife is not going to agree to that situation, but mine did. And I was trying to tell him that there was no way I would have been in this house for six months and not known that. So we went back and forth. He was drawing the conversation out and I was trying to get off the phone. Then, I called Mark and asked him not to have that guy not go to my house anymore. Mark had someone else call and we got everything done. The rude guy also called back later and told me that I was right.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

ClearPath sent me a thing in the mail and I called their number. I did a refinance with them and the process was fairly easy. There was more difficulty after everything was signed but that was just a communication problem on their part. I was still getting calls from my other company saying I owed them money and that the payoff never went through. Then, when ClearPath sent the first payoff two weeks later, I got a call from my previous mortgage company saying that it wasn't enough. But I told them I didn't know why they called me because I didn't send them the money. Then, I gave them the number of the person in ClearPath that I was dealing with, Greg. I also contacted him and let him know.

It turned out that the wire didn't get back to the title company and an entire month went by before the title company called and said that they needed me to get on the phone with them and PHH to give them permission. They were just getting the wire back that they had sent back in November 13th. So right at the end of December, on the 31st, was when we had to do that. I also don't know what Greg communicated to them or if he even communicated with them. But he was cool. Plus, the title company didn't say that they didn't get the money from Greg or from PHH. PHH didn't even call them, so I think it was more on PHH because they called me and my name wasn't on the check. PHH called me several times and they would call every couple of weeks.

Aside from that, I reached out to Greg when I got something from Freedom Mortgage because I didn't know who they were and he didn't reach back to me. I found out later that Freedom Mortgage is still part of ClearPath, but they serviced the loan for ClearPath. But when I couldn't get in touch with him after he had been so prompt before, I thought I had been scammed. But when Freedom Mortgage called me again after two weeks, I sent him a more serious text saying that I hope I wasn't scammed because I gave them all my information. He called me back immediately after that text and explained everything. He said that my account was paid on the 13th and everything should be fine.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family. Please contact information@clearpathlending.com if you have any questions! Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I wanted to refinance to work my payments down a little bit. I'm a retired veteran, so I don't like things tight, and refinancing took care of things. This was my second refi. To get the interest down is a big thing. Joe was very informative. He took his time and explained things to me better than most people. He gave me his number to call for any problems or questions. I told him I won’t abuse it. He said, “If you call me with a question, it’s not abuse.” It was the right answer. I've always told people the stupid questions are the one not asked.

ClearPath went out of their way on one of the items. We had a solar put on the roof here. I was never told by the people that installed it that the company put a lien on the house until the work was done. The company forgot to take it off but I never knew it was put on to begin with. When I called them to find out about it, they said they were gonna take it off and that they would call me. Then I got a call from the company and they said it was my responsibility. One of the reps from ClearPath went out of her way and talked to one of the attorneys in their group and they gave her an idea what to do. Then she got it done in a day.

They made it easy for me to set up my automatic payments. The only thing I'm waiting for now is my complete signed copy of the contract. It’s been a while since I signed up, but when I last talked to Joe, he said they put a wrong number on one of the VA papers. I redid that and sent it back to him. He told me he will send me a copy. Overall, it was simple. It took a little while, but I understood that part, especially since it was a refi. Everything went pretty good.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 29, 2020

This is a review for ClearPath Lending after a refinance loan for my 30-year VA loan. I’m skeptical of solicitations I get in my mail daily. I literally received 4-5 daily and they go right to the round filing bin (aka trash can) because they are all the same, overpromising and underdelivering. In the past, I have called the numbers only to be passed around like hot potato from one person to the next only to realize I was on the phone for almost an hour with nothing being accomplished. Another 30 minutes and all I have completed was them gathering all my personal information before we even talk about loan options or their "promised" interest rate advertised in the mailing. This leaves one frustrated and frankly this is why very few cringe at making the call on solicitations. If you think the mailings are annoying, the phone calls go to a whole new level.

However, this is how one day I had saved a mailing and glad I did. It was sitting on my counter for weeks and I was on the fence of calling. I dreaded the phone call but when I finally made the decision to make the call, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely satisfied with eh experience from ClearPath Lending. My representative I spoke to was Lily and she was quick(time is valuable); the information was relevant to my needs and she didn't waste a lot of time selling me anything.

I made all the decisions and she pointed me in the right path of what was best for my needs. Never once, offered anything above and beyond what ClearPath Lending could deliver and that was refreshing. Effective and efficient transaction is what anyone desires when conducting a refinance. I’m here to say ClearPath Lending was so impressive from start to finish, they left a First-Class impression on me, and certainly would refer them to anyone of my family members or friends in the future.

Warm regards,

Phil

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: June 14, 2020

ClearPath found me. I put something on the internet wherein people will say, “We’ll go through it and give you a quote right away.” The first thing it did was people started calling me. ClearPath's rep was the second one who did. He gave me a lot of information really quick. The process was really easy as far as the paperwork, but I waited for three months for closing ‘cause it was VA loan.

I worked with some pretty good people. They called me all the time, informed me what was going on or emailed me. If I had a question, I email back and then I got results right away. I got a good loan, too. I had to pay $6,000 and I know I have to pay my taxes, insurance, and escrow. But it was other miscellaneous stuff and the rep assured me there wouldn’t be any out-of-pocket expenses.

They also wanted to appraise the place but they sent some idiot in here from 60 miles away. He appraised the place much lower, $278,000. I said, “I knew that isn't right.” So I hired my own appraiser to come out and it was $380,000. I don’t know why ClearPath won’t let me use the appraiser that knows what the lands around here is worth. My place has 10.5 hectares and the pond, woods and the stream. They put my place as two-hectare double wide. I don’t understand why. My place is worth $100,000 more than what he said. And I know it was worth over $300,000 some because a place down the road sold for $290,000 and it was an hectare lot and a three-bedroom double-wide unit. But that wasn't ClearPath's fault. We got the job done.

My old mortgage company got a hold of me when ClearPath and I were in the process of closing. It’s basically already been set and closed, and ClearPath was supposed to give money. I got in at 2.75 and my old company came up with 2.50, out-of-pocket closing. I told them, “You waited way too long. I’ve already got a done deal.” That was kinda funny.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: April 7, 2021

Greg ** was great! He made the process of re-financing a breeze. After trying to obtain a loan with another company which took over 2 months and with 2 interest rate increases, we finally left them and came to ClearPath. Greg was very professional and understanding of our previous situation and the whole process with him was very easy! Thanks Greg for making our experience painless!!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Original review: March 29, 2021

As a veteran this was my 2nd refinancing experience with them and both were very smooth processes. Their staff is professional and responsive. Their loyalty program is a great feature. I highly recommend them.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: March 26, 2021

The Clearpath refinance team was extremely knowledgeable about a VA refinance rules and regulation. They informed me of ALL the steps required up front.. They keep me informed at all times. It was a pleasant experience without the hassle...

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: March 25, 2021

Our rep Chris has done great at helping us. Everything about their process is good to us. We're satisfied with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: March 17, 2021

This is a really great company, I will never do business with a different company. Lily is the best person, very knowledgeable and most of all Honest. They have fantastic customer service and communication

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information