Call toll free
4.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ClearPath Lending Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a letter in the mail about a refinancing offer, on VA stuff, and I was curious when I got the letter. I had just financed and I was about six or seven months into my loan. So, I called ClearPath to find out what the letter was about. I didn’t really understand what it was saying because it was talking about some benefits and things that I would lose and I wanted to make sure some new thing hadn't happened. It was my first VA loan, so I wasn’t up on all the different things. About the time I signed my loan, the rate started to climb up. I was talking to them and I told them I was not interested in signing and I was not gonna get a lower rate than I have. The rep told me he would look at it and he said he would go as far as a half a percent lower if he could find it. I told him if he could get me a half a percent, then we would talk. There wasn’t a real serious thing about it in the beginning but when he got the half-percent knocked off, we got down to business.

It all went terrific with the application process. I had a man named Jim and he was just outstanding. He was upfront and right on top of everything. Before it happened, he let me know what was going on. It was a really good experience. That’s the seventh or eighth house I’ve purchased and I refinanced a few times several of them but this definitely was way, way better than anything I’ve even come close to before. ClearPath has a good team.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We had been getting letters in the mail from ClearPath Lending for quite a while. But I kept throwing them away because I thought we had just bought the home and there was no way we could do anything. But one day, my husband said we should give these people a call and see what they've got to say. And I'm so glad he urged me to do that. I can't say how happy we are. Number one, they offered us a lower interest rate. Number two, they've lowered our monthly mortgage payment. They were the nicest people we've ever dealt with too. Lily was our rep and she deserves a gold star. She was phenomenal.

Everything was simple. We did everything by computer but I'm old and I'm a computer illiterate. I would get stuck on doing something and I'd call Lily and say I can't do this. But she told me to calm down, identified what I was doing wrong and got it right through. She was with me every step of the way and she didn't make me feel like I was an idiot. It also seemed like she never left me with any unanswered questions. She was in contact with me constantly, letting me know what they were doing and what we've got to do. Everything was done so quickly too. It took 14 days at the most. We've been through the gamut and this was the quicker process than whatever we had gone through, even when we bought the home. I'm not saying they were bad because they weren't. But Lily just seemed to go boom, boom, boom and next thing I knew, we were done. It was just amazing!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got a letter in the mail about ClearPath Lending and I called in about it. I wanted a a lower monthly payment and they had an adjustable rate, so I signed up with them. Then I called in again for the second time to get on to a fixed rate because they told me that I would become a loyalty customer and whatever fee I paid the first time, I wouldn't have to pay again. Their application process was easy and most of it was through my phone. The digital signatures was pretty good and convenient, too. The title person that came out signed all the paperwork and was flexible with my hours. He came at 7 o'clock at night and things worked out.

While everything was going on, the rep I worked with was in Hawaii and they had tropical storms going on. But even with that, he was still in contact with me a lot and getting back to me. I don’t like having to chase people for information and the entire time, he was calling me and getting me the information that I would have asked him for. He stayed a step ahead of me the whole time and he was awesome. I have friends who are looking to do a mortgage, too, and I would pass ClearPath ahead to them. The best part about using them was that it was all effortless and I barely had to do anything.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

ClearPath had lower interest rates compared to other lenders, so I went with ClearPath and got a VA loan. The application process was a good experience. Joe, the loan officer was very considerate and mannerable. He stayed in touch with me and let me know how things were going. For my birthday, on the paperwork that he sent here, he sent a big, nice sheet in the front that said, "Happy birthday" and had a nice bible verse on there. I thought that was really good..

I found out, however, that ClearPath's interest rate wasn't the lower one. It was the ARM and the rate was good for only a year, after which it would go back up. When another guy called me and was telling me about it, I didn't even know that I had an ARM that's adjustable. I didn't realize that because I didn't know anything about the ARM, and I wasn't told that that was gonna happen. That kinda made me mad and I really wanted to call Joe but I didn't have the number then. Still, he was a very perfect gentleman.

I just feel that when you're in a customer service business, the customer is first, and you should tell them everything. Joe should've told me all that was going to happen and that after my time was up, the interest rate could go up. Then I wouldn't have been able to even stay in my house. I just got the rate changed and I'll start my first payment on December. That gave me a lower interest rate where I was happy with what I had. But now, I'm back up like a $100 and some, so I have to make changes again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

ClearPath sent me a letter talking about refi. I also read the reviews online and I was amazed by the reviews that they got. Another thing is, I engaged five different companies and for some reason, I was drawn to Greg, the guy that took care of all of my needs at ClearPath. He was honest, always there if I had any questions, and followed up in a timely manner. He always made himself available whereas with the other companies, I never got that. So I decide to go with ClearPath and their enrollment process was smooth. Greg took down my information and gave me five different options of which way we could go. He explained all five options thoroughly and never pressured me. He said that it was totally up to me and that whatever questions I had, he would find an answer for me if he didn't know it himself. But he knew the answers.

The team that he worked with were professional and courteous as well. A gentleman by the name of Mario followed up with me about every other day and Greg checked in with me every day. Then once we got the process rolling, it became a weekly check in both by phone call and email, so they made me really comfortable.

In this day and age, there are scams out there all the time but I never got that feel with ClearPath. Greg talked about what they do and who they work with. He also talked about their loyalty program and things of that nature, and said that they would always be there for my needs. He even followed up with me after the loan closed and told me that if I had any questions, he'll always be there. He also said he'll follow up with me once a quarter if the rates change and he'll definitely call me to let me know what my options are, if we should move forward or we'll just stand back. That company is full of integrity and if you want a company based on integrity, based on keeping their word, and is customer-focused, ClearPath is the choice. I would highly recommend them and you can't go wrong with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

It was an easy process doing my home loan refinancing with ClearPath Lending. They were always quick to get back with me on any questions I had and kept me updated on the process. I'm glad I chose to go thru clearpath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I've worked with ClearPath Lending in the past and I worked with Wesley. He seemed straightforward, so he's been really helpful, and I kinda liked him. The application process wouldn't have taken that long, however, the VA changed some rules and so I had to go on hold for a short time. But it wasn't terrible. It was only just a matter of couple of months.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I got a call from ClearPath. It was from the guy that put the loan together. And there’s a couple other people that had called from other companies, but I wasn’t too impressed with them. I liked ClearPath's fellow, and he’s done real well for me. The whole application process was not very long. We did it all online, and it all went pretty well. I was impressed with the whole thing. I hadn’t gotten anything from my old loan people though. They owe me about $2,000. It's been since they closed on the 16th of last month. They said it would be after 30 days. So, I got another day or two left. I really appreciated the people from ClearPath. They’re friendly, helpful, and kept me posted of how everything was going. That meant a lot.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I refinanced to save money. I was trying to look for both lower interest and a lower payment. The application process with ClearPath Lending was extremely smooth. They made everything easy, too. I didn’t to have to search around to dig up papers. The process took about a couple of weeks before everything was finalized.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I got a letter in the mail about ClearPath Lending, I looked into it and I called. And Jason, the mortgage broker that we worked with, was very helpful. Every time we called, he answered the phone or got right back to us within a couple of hours. Whatever our concerns are, he just went above and beyond. We needed a VA loan and that's what we got through him. We decided to go with adjustable mortgage so we can lower our rate and they gave us 70,000 over the 30 years. The application process was easy. We really didn't have to do anything because we already had a mortgage with VA, so we're just trying to lower the rates.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information