Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ClearPath Lending Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We're loyal customers of ClearPath and we've gone through the process with them a couple of times. They’ve been a great staff and every year, we got a Christmas or Thanksgiving card, where there would be all handwritten signatures from the staff saying have a happy holiday and thank for you being loyal customers. They’ve also always contacted us when the rates were going down or it was a good time for us to see if we wanted to refinance what our house was worth type of thing. And the times that they’ve called, my husband would say that we were gonna do what they suggested. They're kinda keeping an eye on out for us and we've always worked with them within the last six years. If they don’t reach us by phone, they contact us by email. And we've always been able to contact them at any time. They’ve been a really good firm to work with on our part and we haven’t changed for that reason.

They’ve kind of walked us through the process and have given us days if we needed to get some things done. They also worked with us as to what's the quickest and best way for us to do it type of thing. The process has always been really well and being that we've been customers with them for a few years now, the process has been a lot easier because they already have our information and it doesn’t really change that much for us as far as income and so forth. So the process has been very smooth for us.

In fact, when we refinanced last time, we got a few dollars out. Also, our house's value has been going up every year, which has been a blessing for us, and since our son is getting married next year, ClearPath told us that in the next six months, if we wanted to refinance close into the wedding, we'd be able to get some money out so we could enjoy the wedding. They're having a destination wedding and we're gonna need a few dollars to take with us. So, our intention is to do that next year. ClearPath also told us that they'd work with us on the house appraisal and so far, everybody that we've worked with have been really attentive to us. So, we're very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to be your lender! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

ClearPath's process was okay. A guy handled the processing, and another lady called me a couple of times to say what I needed to do. I called a couple of times for them to tell me how the processing went through, and the guy said, “No. Hermino, it’s gonna be okay. You’re gonna get this.” He explained, “You’re gonna have good benefit. You’re gonna have two months no pay. You don’t have to pay the mortgage for two months until the processes go through.”

I have to pay more because I bought the house for 229, but right now their mortgage went up to 238. They said they’re gonna pay for my escrow closing and I will not pay for two months. I sent the letter and then I got the letter in the house. They said they’re gonna start to pay the house mortgage with the company on the first of November. And then my mortgage went down strongly because when I bought the house, the interest on the house was high at 5.28 because of my credit. I refinanced my house, and right now, after the refinance, they said my credit was better so they’re going to do the mortgage. I saved some $200 payment and the interest is gonna be low. I told the guy that I'd try and then he processed it. I'm satisfied with my experience with ClearPath. It was good.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

ClearPath said what they were gonna do and they followed up every time they said they were gonna follow up. They got my rate lowered and got some payments knocked off. They had lowered my mortgage terms by nine months. They have a customer loyalty program and it's gonna be around for a long time. As long as I'm doing my part, if they have a different rate come up, they'll come back and redo it again. So, it is a really good and very well presented program. Their rep was super friendly, caring, and very professional and courteous. He was very explanatory in their program, too. My loan officer was superb. She was upbeat and very knowledgeable. She wasn't difficult to get a hold of at all. If I sent a text or call, she was right on it. As a matter of fact, the longer we talk, the more I became a friend instead of just a client. She handled everything just like she's handling her own business.

ClearPath's application process went as smooth as it could possibly go, and it didn't take any longer than doing a regular application like I did my first one. There were no surprises. Everything was done in such professional manner. I'd recommend ClearPath highly. I've never been treated as well as that by anybody as far as any kind of finance process. ClearPath is a super company with super people.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a letter in the mail about a refinancing offer, on VA stuff, and I was curious when I got the letter. I had just financed and I was about six or seven months into my loan. So, I called ClearPath to find out what the letter was about. I didn’t really understand what it was saying because it was talking about some benefits and things that I would lose and I wanted to make sure some new thing hadn't happened. It was my first VA loan, so I wasn’t up on all the different things. About the time I signed my loan, the rate started to climb up. I was talking to them and I told them I was not interested in signing and I was not gonna get a lower rate than I have. The rep told me he would look at it and he said he would go as far as a half a percent lower if he could find it. I told him if he could get me a half a percent, then we would talk. There wasn’t a real serious thing about it in the beginning but when he got the half-percent knocked off, we got down to business.

It all went terrific with the application process. I had a man named Jim and he was just outstanding. He was upfront and right on top of everything. Before it happened, he let me know what was going on. It was a really good experience. That’s the seventh or eighth house I’ve purchased and I refinanced a few times several of them but this definitely was way, way better than anything I’ve even come close to before. ClearPath has a good team.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We had been getting letters in the mail from ClearPath Lending for quite a while. But I kept throwing them away because I thought we had just bought the home and there was no way we could do anything. But one day, my husband said we should give these people a call and see what they've got to say. And I'm so glad he urged me to do that. I can't say how happy we are. Number one, they offered us a lower interest rate. Number two, they've lowered our monthly mortgage payment. They were the nicest people we've ever dealt with too. Lily was our rep and she deserves a gold star. She was phenomenal.

Everything was simple. We did everything by computer but I'm old and I'm a computer illiterate. I would get stuck on doing something and I'd call Lily and say I can't do this. But she told me to calm down, identified what I was doing wrong and got it right through. She was with me every step of the way and she didn't make me feel like I was an idiot. It also seemed like she never left me with any unanswered questions. She was in contact with me constantly, letting me know what they were doing and what we've got to do. Everything was done so quickly too. It took 14 days at the most. We've been through the gamut and this was the quicker process than whatever we had gone through, even when we bought the home. I'm not saying they were bad because they weren't. But Lily just seemed to go boom, boom, boom and next thing I knew, we were done. It was just amazing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I received the Clearpath Lending refinance letter in the mail and at first I was skeptical about trying to refinance but I'm glad I did. I called Clearpath lending and I was able to speak with Kyle **. I had a very very pleasant experience with Kyle as my loan officer. Kyle is very knowledgeable and he was able to answer all of my questions and address all of my concerns. His customer service skills is awesome and he is a great loan officer and I couldn't had a better person refinance my home. He informed me of everything that was going on wirh my application. He made this process go very smoothly. Thank you Kyle ** from California. It was a great pleasure to work with you during this application process. I highly recommend Clearpath lending and Kyle ** to refinance your mortgage application.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate the positive feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I contacted ClearPath Lending based upon some mailers I received and then, Larry contacted me. I was able to work with him to refinance my mortgage. He was on the ball, had a quick response time and a good personality to work with. He explained everything very well and he had great customer skills. Doing the DocuSign was easy as well as the overall process from start to finish.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

ClearPath gave me a lower interest rate, which was the biggest concern that I had and the application process was a piece of cake. It was a VA loan, so all I had to do was send them a copy of my driver’s license and my homeowners insurance policy. The reps kept me informed and they were top-notch. It seemed like it took a little longer to get it all processed than normal but overall, it was great. There was no hold-up and it was smooth.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

ClearPath Lending offered a lower rate which was interesting, so I pursued it. The application process was easy and it took just a few weeks to get approved. They were good, professional, and polite.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

ClearPath Lending's process was easy as pie and didn't take long at all ‘cause they already had all our information from the last time. But during my first time, it was very easy for us as well 'cause I'm an organized person. The loan officer I've worked with was wonderful and very nice. I would email him questions, and he’d answer me back within 24 hours always. And I'm happy with the interest rate that I got with them. They finally won with the 2.99. But I told the manager that I would have preferred to have the lowest rate offered to me in the beginning rather than having to shop around to three different banks and then having to keep coming back with lower interest ‘cause we're long-term financing with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We very much appreciate your feedback and are so happy you are a part of the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information