4.9/5 (210 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Verified

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a p...

Verified

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were ve...

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I used ClearPath a couple of years ago. Victoria was one of the reps that worked with me this time but Jim and I met each other seven years ago when he did my first loan. I was a little skittish on what he was trying to do because I was in a fixed loan. He told me, "You need to try to look at this ARM loan." We talked about some options and he sent me some paperwork. I had a friend of mine that's an attorney take a look at it and he said, "You'd be a fool not to do this because they're gonna lower your interest rate down to 2.37% from 3.75%." The most important thing was ClearPath told me that they could only raise it a point at the most from what my actual existing interest rate was set at which was 2.37.

I was concerned with the way the housing market crashed a couple of years back in 2012 when they started doing all these ARM loans, and everybody's interest rate went up to 8%, 9%. Jim said, "We can't do that to you, not under this type of loan." Lucky for me, this area was covid hit on the year that my loan was due to mature out of that ARM factor. Instead of my interest rate going up, it went down for the following year. I went from 2.37 down to 2.1 for that sixth year. That's good as far as saving money, but it's bad when it comes time for the refinance because no mortgage company is gonna touch you. They'd say, "We can't touch you because you're too low already." I told them I was not concerned with interest rate. I know the interest rates are itching to crawl back up as soon as the pandemic's over and I don't want to be caught in a 5%, 6% interest rate.

I had talked to this other company and lost Jim's number. One day, Jim called me and we started talking. But the problem was I had a problem. I had gotten involved in a little carpentry accident and cut the tip of my thumb. I wound up going to the hospital about a year before this. What ended up happening was they sent me a medical bill within two weeks and told me I owed them $1,500. This went on for about six months and every time they had sent me a bill, it'd be lesser and lesser. The final bill I got a year and a half later was $118 I had to pay. I called TRICARE and they said they settled the rest of it.

I thought they had taken care of it but Jim said he couldn't do anything until it got clear. I had to wait for a couple of months for my credit score to get back up. I waited until after Christmas. During this time, Jim called me and I told him what was going on. He helped me get that cleared up and my credit score immediately went up 6, 7. We talked about what we wanted to do. The only thing I didn't like was when they did my payoffs. They sent me the checks in the mail through overnight express and I had to send them out. But ClearPath was great. They've done everything they said they were gonna do and it happened in the time they said it was gonna happen. They kept me well-informed. There were no surprises. It was perfect and I've never done business that perfect. It was smoother this time than it was the time before.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Victoria and Jim. We are so pleased to hear that as a Loyalty member you have had another great experience and getting a great rate! We welcome you to the ClearPath family and look forward to working with you again!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I talked to ClearPath Lending over a six-month period, and Nathan, the gentleman I worked with, was first class. He broke everything down and provided specific details. He was incredible and whoever is at the C suite level of ClearPath needs to know who he is because he's that good. I was very impressed. Also, the financial application was smooth, but the lien slowed things down.

The house was new and we had a couple of liens to build a fence and a pool installation. I also had solar panels, which were taken care of. All these things have county liens that I didn't know about and it would have been good if ClearPath would have initially asked a pre-qualifying question to say, "Hey, do you have any outstanding construction-related events, things that you're doing that could inhibit the ability to get your loan?" Or they could have said, "Hey, do you have any liens against your home?" I would inject that in the initial conversation to see if ClearPath can help get over that because other homeowners might run into the same issue.

Because we were putting a fence in, the county that I live in had a lien against my home and I couldn't go forward with the application process until that lien was lifted, i.e. the fence was paid. With my pool loan, I was at the end of my pool construction and I only had a bit left to pay. I expedited my need to pay off the pool a month early. If that didn't occur or if I was halfway through the process, I couldn't have refinanced, and I didn't know that. I would have been really upset that I would have gone through all this process and they're like, "Oh, you've got a lien because of your pool. Sorry, we can't do it unless you pay your pool off." Apart from that, I'd strongly encourage people to go through ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Since it was an IRRR Loan, the process didn't take a lot of paperwork that I had to run around and get. The individual I dealt with said it would take three weeks, and that's approximately what it took. I was satisfied with that. The only issue I have is that ClearPath offers these incredible rates, 1.75, which is what motivated me to refinance, then when you get into the minutiae of this, “The 1.75 is not available to you, sir, because you don't have an 800 credit score.” It’s a shame that they do that upfront. They should explain that to the customer right in the beginning, “If you have an 800 credit score, then we can give you this. We can offer you this type of loan.” They don't do that, and that's a little disingenuous. It’s not just ClearPath though. I would imagine this happens with other companies as well.

Once people make a call, they don't stop getting phone calls, emails, or junk mail. Rather than put people through all that, ClearPath should be upfront in their advertisement so that people know what they're getting into before they make a call. I was already looking to refi. My interest rate wasn't terrible (it was 5%), but because of the way the rates are now, it was worth the refi even though I didn't get the 1.75. Getting that 1.75 would have really helped out, and I don't know why they couldn't offer that rate with someone who has a credit score like mine. My credit score was 760 at the time and it’s way above the national average.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: July 5, 2021

I've worked with ClearPath before. Then, ClearPath has a loyalty program so they notified me and I qualified for a reduction in my interest rate and asked if I wanted to refi again. We went over some details and numbers and I got the process going. It was a very good and smooth experience with ClearPath. They had a missing document, but they made an effort and they found it with the Recorder of Deeds. This was something that was left out during my last refi because I told them there was no way I can find something like that, especially during this time of the year. We're all still recovering from that worldwide pandemic.

The second time was even faster. There was one problem though and that was with the closer. The notary texted me the night before saying that I needed two government IDs. I told her I'm retired, so I don't have two government IDs, but one state ID. She said I could use a Social Security card, but I would have to make a photocopy of it. Who carries their Social Security card around? I don't. I know I have one, but trying to find it at the last moment was not going to be possible. So, I texted her back after a few hours and told her, "It's not going to be possible, so don't waste your time. We'll just have to cancel. Until I can find that, we'll have to reschedule." She texted me back saying, "No worries." I took it for granted that she meant, "Okay, we'll go ahead and cancel." She showed up anyway but I wasn't home. She called ClearPath and told them that I wasn't there for the appointment.

Nathan, the rep of ClearPath, texted me, "We have seen you refuse to sign the documents with the notary. What is the concern?" I was just blown away with it. He said, "We sent you your closing documents prior to you signing with the notary. My team and I were working on getting you a rapid and smooth closing. What'd you do? The loan is now suspended. We had your rate locked in. I wouldn't see why you want to cancel all of this so suddenly. Please give me a call ASAP so we can get this resolved."

She didn't tell them. I called Nathan right away and told him, "There's another side to this story here." If she meant, "No worries," about the second ID, then she should have clearly stated that. We rescheduled for a day later with Nathan and I just dropped everything and I found that Social Security card and I made a photocopy and brought it. Two days later, we resolved it. That was the only issue, but the problem wasn't with ClearPath or Nathan, it was with this notary.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: June 3, 2021

I got the new Welcome aboard package from ClearPath Lending and I was told verbally over the phone that my new servicer is the same as the old one, which was Freedom. I received a letter from Freedom saying my mortgage is paid off and I got a check too. I got a check from whoever for the money back on the refinance. But I haven't received any paperwork stating I've been refinanced and my first payment is due. And this is how much it is for. I talked to a guy called Greg around the first of June and he said that everything was okay and to give it time. The 1st is when I normally make my payment. That way, they receive it no later than the 16th.

One time, they didn't even receive it until the 16th. I was scrambling to make the payment so it wasn't late and I managed to do that, to find out they got it on the 16th. That created hate and heartburn. They told me I could avoid this by putting them on automatic payments every month. I can't do that because I don't know when exactly the money's going to be there for them to suck it out of my account. I normally could but I was holding off on doing the automatic payments every month until the dust settled. And as of right now, this is probably going to be the last time I'm going to refinance because interest rates are going up.

In the meantime, I was getting bills from mortgage for pay-off requests at $30 a pop and they were catching on to my monthly payments. I paid one and I got a letter from them stating I owed for two more. Greg, at ClearPath, said not to worry and they would take care of that. I said okay and asked about the 30 bucks that I had to pay so far. I talked to his supervisor and he told me to tell Greg and that they would send me a card. I never got anything and that was two months ago.

At the time I talked to Greg, my concern was the paperwork I received didn't say anything about money in escrow for flood insurance. The last time I refinanced, the flood insurance got dropped off and I had to jump through hoops with Freedom to get the flood Insurance put back on for escrow. When we were initially discussing the refinancing, I expressed this concern and then I got a letter stating I no longer lived in a floodplain because my address changed.

The house didn't move but the address changed and I was informed that I was no longer in a floodplain. I ended up having to call the county and they said that according to their FEMA maps, I'm still in a floodplain. So, I got back with Greg and said that I have to have flood insurance and he has got to make sure it's part of the escrow. Because I'd rather have a smaller payment attached to my mortgage every month than having one giant bill roll in saying I owe them 500 bucks.

The only recourse I have is to make another phone call to Greg and make sure that everything's okay. And the second one is to call Freedom and ask if I have a loan with them and when it is due to make sure I get the payment to them on time. How much it is is important because the point of refinancing was to lower the payments down. I started out two and a half years ago at right around $1,300 a month. Then, it dropped. And then, it dropped again. The last one was $1,045 and this one's supposed to be less than $1,000. I hope it doesn't go more than $1,045, which is what I was paying before. If it goes above that, something's drastically wrong seeing as how I'm paying less interest. But that's neither here nor there.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Mr. ** and his staff treated me with respect. I was kept informed of each step. The information was clear and concise and I understood the language of the loan process. I received courteous, professional, and consistent information from beginning to end. Thank all of you who worked on this loan on my behalf.

ClearPath Lending response

We thank you for your valuable feedback about your refinance process. We value your business and look forward to working with you again.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The process was smooth. The rate I thought would've been a little lower, but I was told that was the lowest they could go.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your smooth refinance process with us. We value your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Tabrizi, the rep I initially spoke with was very helpful. There were a few things with the application process that were a bit exasperating because the underwriters they were using couldn't read English. I explain something to them and they wanted more proof of everything. One thing they wanted was my Civil Service Retirement. But they don't give out letters like that. It's written on a statement that I get once a year when they show me what my pay is going to be. Big kudos to Nancy the gal who was helping me get my paperwork together. She was exasperated as I was. But we got through that and everything else was fine. Nancy was courteous and helpful. She's excellent at what she does. We've had a very good experience with the program.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Mr. Tabrizi and Nancy. We are pleased to hear that you they were both very helpful to you during this process. We value your feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

Original review: May 11, 2022

This is our third experience refinancing with ClearPath Lending! All individuals involved throughout the lending and closing process have been honest and accurate with their information. The process was smooth and expeditious. We are pleased! Thank you ClearPath!

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for being a loyalty member and sharing your feedback. We look forward to a continued relationship with you!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The process was super quick and easy. I spoke to somebody over the phone and they explained everything. They did a credit report to see what debt I had and let me know what the monthly cost would be. It took a month but that was on my end because I had to get an inspection. They had great communication and got back to me on the same day as my emails or phone calls, usually, within the hour. They were awesome.

The terms were also good. I was really confused at the beginning but they were able to lock in my rate before everything went up. So, that was nice. I was able to save in the long run quite a bit of money going the route they chose instead of the one I thought I needed to go. I've never had such a good experience with a lender before. They covered the whole process and I never had questions left unanswered.

ClearPath Lending response

Glad to hear you had a super quick and easy refinance working with our team. We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and welcome you to the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information