Call toll free
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

747 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

I researched ClearPath Lending, but I was in my mortgage and I was happy. However, their flyer was offering me a better deal, so I decided to check out ClearPath one day and gave them a call. I was a little hesitant and I wanted more research and more documentation, but the application process was thorough and cool and it took around 65 days to complete it. The loan officer was helpful and responsive. There is a big time difference between Texas and California but still, if I had to email him or text him, he responded within 14 hours. Everything was good with ClearPath.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I dealt with Anthony **, Sales Manager with ClearPath Lending. Anthony was very professional, quick to respond to questions, coordinated all of the activities associated with the lending process. He made sure that I was kept in the loop on all aspects of the mortgage lending process. He made me feel very comfortable, it was a pleasure working with him. I would highly recommend Anthony and ClearPath to others considering a home mortgage.

Original review: April 13, 2019

ClearPath Lending was the first one that called and I got a VA loan from them. From the first contact to the point that the loan was approved took a couple of months. The application process was not bad and every time I needed Lily, the one who was handling it, I called her. She stayed in good contact with me and made sure I understood what was going on. She was friendly and I didn’t have to sit around for long periods of time wondering what the status was. She called me regularly to keep me up to date on things.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Lily took good care of us from start to finish! We knew exactly what we were getting, and we received calls on a regular basis telling us the status of the loan progress. Overall very satisfied and would use them again.

Original review: April 12, 2019

ClearPath Lending works on your schedule. They return calls, do what they say they will do, and get the job done in a timely manner. I have worked with them on two house purchases and I went back to them because they are very professional. I would refer them to anyone purchasing or refinancing a home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I got a paper from ClearPath in the mail and it sounded really nice. The process was easier than buying the house. The rep was Steven and I liked him a lot. He was always right there and I could always get a hold of him.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I took a VA loan from ClearPath Lending. At the time, they were the only one that was sending me correspondence and I was curious to see if I could get a cheaper interest rate. The application process was very smooth and the loan officer and I had a good connection. He really explained everything to me and kept me informed during each step that was being processed with the loan, so I didn’t have any questions. I had a great experience with ClearPath Lending. They were very professional.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I refinanced with ClearPath Lending and the application process was straightforward and very easy. Chris, the rep, did a great job. He was quick to respond if I sent him an email or called. He was able to answer my questions or called back if I left voicemails and he was also friendly. The whole process did not take too long and it was exactly what we planned.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I liked ClearPath's customer service looking more towards veterans to still maintain having a home. We went with their program wherein the mortgage is held for the premium and we got our home within 5%. For us, that was their best program because we're with them to keep the home within our family. Since we had companies not working with us, we struggled to live in a house that we couldn't afford. ClearPath helped us out with that. Their application was step-by-step and they were willing to work with us. While everybody else was using different terms in different fields especially dealing with mortgage, finance or where the state is, ClearPath was making things simple. So, we were able to understand.

Our loan officers were good as well and they knew the ins and outs of communication. The one we worked with was very professional. However, when we call someone, our call goes right into voicemail which can sometimes be scary. Still, they were able to respond and they made us feel that we were their number one customer. We were extremely comfortable going through the process despite the fact that we had been having the nerves. ClearPath has so many other people in their company and they see the world with us which is good. We have a good team.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Ms. Lily ** was our service/loan officer and she was very informative. She was very customer friendly and demonstrated excellent customer care. Ms. Lily ** was truly an Angel sent from Heaven and I recommend anyone using ClearPath Lending to request Ms. Lily **. Thank you Ms. **, from Rory and Angie **. May God bless you and your Family.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We had heard a lot of good points about ClearPath Lending. They mostly had five stars on the post that we had seen and people hadn't said anything bad towards them. So we thought it was a good company to try out. They helped me get a new lower rate and I would recommend them to anyone who would want to do a foreclosure, anything for reconstruction or rehabilitating their home. I will also recommend it for veterans. The application process was very understandable and the loan officer was very good. He explained a lot of things to us – what the dos and don’ts were, what we would and wouldn't receive, and how long it was gonna take. It took roughly two months and they worked very well with me.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The refinance went smoothly without any problems at all. Both Lily and Layla were very helpful and kept us updated twice a week as to the status of the loan. We are part of the Loyalty program and they keep look out for rate drops on the the interest for us as the time goes on and if it drops they will notify us so that we get a better rate.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The process of refinancing can be stressful. However, working with Lily **, it was stress free and she showed how committed she was by negotiating and providing me with the best options available. Lily was very professional and worked hard to keep me informed throughout the whole process. I'm very grateful for her and all of her hard work she put in to make things end so smoothly.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I contacted Anthony ** regarding my VA loan. He explained the entire process of streamlining and lowering my interest rate. Everything promised was completed and in a timely manner which was really unexpected. I have had several homes over the years and never was a loan process as it had been promised; until now. I highly recommend ClearPath Lending and pray you reach out to Anthony. He is very knowledgeable and honest.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received a VA notice in the mail and I called ClearPath and spoke with Lily **. I wanted to bring down my interest rate and with ClearPath, she worked out everything for me. Her staff were very detailed and they were able to answer all of my questions. They were Professional, Honest as well and the entire staff from the beginning of the process until the end were knowledgeable, friendly and very Professional. Great Experience.

Original review: March 18, 2019

ClearPath seemed more helpful than others. The application process was very easy. Together with the underwriting process, it took three weeks to complete it. We got the information we needed, and if we had any questions, everybody was good at answering them. If we had any concerns, we could either send an email or we could talk to them over the phone. They were very responsive getting back to us. Everybody was very helpful and they walked us through the lending process very easily.

Original review: March 17, 2019

ClearPath had a lower interest rate, so I went with them. I went with VA loan, and the application was great. The process took about three weeks to complete. The lending officer was wonderful and very informative. They kept me posted and abreast on what to expect and how things were moving along. They emailed me, kept me posted. They sent me text messages and notified me via phone, and they walked me through the process. Everything was perfect. ClearPath was very easy to work with, and they made the process very smooth.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I got a regular home loan from ClearPath and the application process was very easy. The loan officer also helped me out with everything I needed. He was really friendly and very easy to talk to. If I had questions or concerns, they were able to help me. They sent me a text or email until they got a hold of me. Working with ClearPath helped me out better financially. Everything was great and I would definitely do it with them again if I needed something in the future. So if you are considering them, you would be in good hands.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We contacted ClearPath Lending and started talking to a loan officer then we redid our loan. We got a regular home loan and the process was simple and made easy. The application and underwriting took a couple of weeks. The loan consultants were really good and nice. They were also easy to talk to and answered every question. When we needed them, we could contact them. Then I liked that they took $20,000 off of our interest. They also lowered our house payment and refunded us some of our escrow back from the other loan. Everything worked out well with them and I was really happy with the way things have gone. It was great working with ClearPath and having saved $20,000 on interest makes one think the other companies were just trying to rip us. So if a friend would ask about ClearPath, I’d tell them to get them quick.

Original review: March 7, 2019

ClearPath had a cheaper rate than everybody else, and my realtor applied with them. I obtained a mortgage loan and the application was pretty good and easygoing. The loan officer informed me of everything I needed to do and she was patient with me on getting everything that I needed.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The present mortgage charged me a lot more than what I was paying in the past, so I decided to move to another mortgage company. I've dealt with ClearPath in that past and I've been very happy with them, so I stuck with them. I got a VA loan and I was very satisfied, and I would recommend it with anybody.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was buying a home and with ClearPath, there wasn't a lot of run-around. I went with a VA loan and the processor was available to answer any question, which was part of what made it easier to choose them. Me being a first time home buyer, there was nothing hard about it 'cause they explained it pretty simply. I felt very comfortable working with them.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We had dealt with ClearPath before and and they've always treated us well. We were looking to refinance and obtained a VA loan, and it went very smooth. The application was absolutely simple, easily done online and through emails. Every time we spoke, the rep was nice and helpful. Any questions I had, he answered them right away. There were a few concerns that we called them on, and they took care of them right away or within a few hours. If it was after business hours, we could reach them by email and we usually had an answer the next business day. Working with them made the loan application very easy. I’d heard horror stories and this was not that. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and how easy it was to take advantage of.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I applied for a VA loan from ClearPath Lending and they made it really easy for me. The whole thing, from start to end, was completed in five or six weeks. The loan officer was very nice. He gave me his home phone number if I needed to call him on the weekends. I can call him even though they're through servicing the whole thing. The whole experience was quick and painless. Having them made it easier so we could pay our bills without going into our savings every month.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We took a VA loan from ClearPath Lending and they had given us a lower rate. The application process was easy and together with the underwriting process, took about two weeks to finish. My loan officer was good. He explained to me everything that I had a lot of concern about. He told me all kinds of stuff about the refi and about the three months that we didn't have to pay. And that if we were not confident about the company, we could do research. He also told us that there was nothing to worry about and to just relax. The entire experience was good. It was not hard as we did the first time we had the house. And, a lady came for the closing. We didn’t have to go to a place where we have to drive to sign the closing. We'll start with our payment next month but so far, everything’s good.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I received a VA notice in the mail and I called ClearPath. I wanted to bring down my interest rate and with ClearPath, everything worked out good for me. They were pretty detailed and they were able to answer all of my questions. They were trustworthy as well.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

ClearPath said what they were gonna do and they followed up every time they said they were gonna follow up. They got my rate lowered and got some payments knocked off. They had lowered my mortgage terms by nine months. They have a customer loyalty program and it's gonna be around for a long time. As long as I'm doing my part, if they have a different rate come up, they'll come back and redo it again. So, it is a really good and very well presented program. Their rep was super friendly, caring, and very professional and courteous. He was very explanatory in their program, too. My loan officer was superb. She was upbeat and very knowledgeable. She wasn't difficult to get a hold of at all. If I sent a text or call, she was right on it. As a matter of fact, the longer we talk, the more I became a friend instead of just a client. She handled everything just like she's handling her own business.

ClearPath's application process went as smooth as it could possibly go, and it didn't take any longer than doing a regular application like I did my first one. There were no surprises. Everything was done in such professional manner. I'd recommend ClearPath highly. I've never been treated as well as that by anybody as far as any kind of finance process. ClearPath is a super company with super people.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I recently bought my house and went through ClearPath Lending. The application process was really good and they kept me up-to-date all the time. It was very easy and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was very satisfied with my experience with ClearPath Lending. They were the mortgage company my real estate agent recommended. I got an FHA loan from them, and the application process was easy. It took two weeks from start to finish. Also, the loan officer I worked with was very friendly.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I got something in the mail from ClearPath and I used them for my mortgage. We wanted to lower it. We got the FHA and the application process was easy. The rep kept me posted and everything was good.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information