2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

BOTTOM LINE

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

PROS

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

CONS

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a pleasure working with Lilly and her group of good folks!

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were very easy to get ahold of…

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: June 29, 2020

This is a review for ClearPath Lending after a refinance loan for my 30-year VA loan. I’m skeptical of solicitations I get in my mail daily. I literally received 4-5 daily and they go right to the round filing bin (aka trash can) because they are all the same, overpromising and underdelivering. In the past, I have called the numbers only to be passed around like hot potato from one person to the next only to realize I was on the phone for almost an hour with nothing being accomplished. Another 30 minutes and all I have completed was them gathering all my personal information before we even talk about loan options or their "promised" interest rate advertised in the mailing. This leaves one frustrated and frankly this is why very few cringe at making the call on solicitations. If you think the mailings are annoying, the phone calls go to a whole new level.

However, this is how one day I had saved a mailing and glad I did. It was sitting on my counter for weeks and I was on the fence of calling. I dreaded the phone call but when I finally made the decision to make the call, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely satisfied with eh experience from ClearPath Lending. My representative I spoke to was Lily and she was quick(time is valuable); the information was relevant to my needs and she didn't waste a lot of time selling me anything.

I made all the decisions and she pointed me in the right path of what was best for my needs. Never once, offered anything above and beyond what ClearPath Lending could deliver and that was refreshing. Effective and efficient transaction is what anyone desires when conducting a refinance. I’m here to say ClearPath Lending was so impressive from start to finish, they left a First-Class impression on me, and certainly would refer them to anyone of my family members or friends in the future.

Warm regards,

Phil

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

ClearPath found me. I put something on the internet wherein people will say, “We’ll go through it and give you a quote right away.” The first thing it did was people started calling me. ClearPath's rep was the second one who did. He gave me a lot of information really quick. The process was really easy as far as the paperwork, but I waited for three months for closing ‘cause it was VA loan.

I worked with some pretty good people. They called me all the time, informed me what was going on or emailed me. If I had a question, I email back and then I got results right away. I got a good loan, too. I had to pay $6,000 and I know I have to pay my taxes, insurance, and escrow. But it was other miscellaneous stuff and the rep assured me there wouldn’t be any out-of-pocket expenses.

They also wanted to appraise the place but they sent some idiot in here from 60 miles away. He appraised the place much lower, $278,000. I said, “I knew that isn't right.” So I hired my own appraiser to come out and it was $380,000. I don’t know why ClearPath won’t let me use the appraiser that knows what the lands around here is worth. My place has 10.5 hectares and the pond, woods and the stream. They put my place as two-hectare double wide. I don’t understand why. My place is worth $100,000 more than what he said. And I know it was worth over $300,000 some because a place down the road sold for $290,000 and it was an hectare lot and a three-bedroom double-wide unit. But that wasn't ClearPath's fault. We got the job done.

My old mortgage company got a hold of me when ClearPath and I were in the process of closing. It’s basically already been set and closed, and ClearPath was supposed to give money. I got in at 2.75 and my old company came up with 2.50, out-of-pocket closing. I told them, “You waited way too long. I’ve already got a done deal.” That was kinda funny.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I received a letter from ClearPath Lending, I forwarded it to my previous mortgage lender. The letter told me about how they could reduce my APR and about me being able to save a couple of mortgage payments. The woman who did the initial purchase of the home said that the letter was not accurate and that it was too good to be true. Then when I received a letter a second time, I called ClearPath Lending.

When I initially called the number, my information was taken and forwarded to a loan officer. Jose was out in California and there was a four-hour timezone difference, but he called me back promptly. Initially, he asked what I think my credit score was gonna be. I told him and he asked for two additional documents, one of which was my DD 214. He was straightforward and told me what they can offer and how fast it takes. Initially, I thought that the VA had to come out and reassess my home. But he said that the process was streamlined, which was what sold me on it. Then he sent me a couple more electronic documents to sign. After that, I got a call from Andrea from underwriting. From start to finish, the process took about 15 days.

Once it was all said and done, the loan officer from my previous loan called me and said that she saw that my loan was paid off. She said that she wished that I called her first. When I asked why, she said that she could've saved me at least 1,000 because she wouldn't have had to roll in the escrow into my loan to open up a new escrow account. She said that clearPath would've had to roll in more escrow money into my loan. I didn't know anything about that, but other than that, everything was equivalent.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We got an offer to rate reduction from our current mortgage company, and it’s a kinda funny story. Our current mortgage lender sent us a letter saying, “Hey, we’ll offer you a rate reduction down to three point something. It’ll lower your mortgage a 100 bucks.” We didn’t wanna draw out any equity. So, I figured, "That's a no-brainer there. We’ll do that.” I filled out all the paperwork. But we got to month four and I found out it was like, “Okay, it’s been long enough.” They kept telling me it got snaggled in title. I even called the courthouse, and there was nothing in title.

So I told myself, “Let me just start checking around for other mortgage companies.” My current one is dragging their feet for some reason. I got a hold of ClearPath through an online thing, and I didn’t know we can do it. They were like, “Well, you could actually skip two mortgage notes and then you can get your escrow check back, and then you could start your first month’s loan next year, 2020, January." I thought that sounds pretty good during the person’s holidays. And that’s what I did. The paperwork came in online. We e-signed everything. Everything has been smooth, and I already got the escrow check back.

One thing the guy from ClearPath didn’t tell me is that they weren’t gonna be the servicing mortgage company. They kick me back to my original mortgage company, which I thought was funny because my current mortgage company was calling me saying, “Hey, we don’t wanna lose your business.” And so I called the guy back. He just said that normally if they refinance you from one company, they usually don’t send you back to that one. He said that it was rare that he’s heard them sending you back to the same mortgage company.

With ClearPath, everything was online and everything was smooth. I heard back from them, and the title went smoothly. The closing went fine, too. The only thing that was confusing for me is I’m now with the same mortgage company, but I have two different loan numbers. I have a lot of old paperwork, and I still have paperwork coming in saying, “We missed the December note,” or “My house was paid off on November.” And also when I call them, they have old data and then I have to explain to them, “Okay, I had that mortgage. I refinanced with another company. Y’all are serving me.” So, I have to go through that spiel. It would have been easier if somebody would have caught that and just sent me to a different mortgage company. It would be less confusing for me, but it’s okay. I still got a lower note.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We're loyal customers of ClearPath and we've gone through the process with them a couple of times. They’ve been a great staff and every year, we got a Christmas or Thanksgiving card, where there would be all handwritten signatures from the staff saying have a happy holiday and thank for you being loyal customers. They’ve also always contacted us when the rates were going down or it was a good time for us to see if we wanted to refinance what our house was worth type of thing. And the times that they’ve called, my husband would say that we were gonna do what they suggested. They're kinda keeping an eye on out for us and we've always worked with them within the last six years. If they don’t reach us by phone, they contact us by email. And we've always been able to contact them at any time. They’ve been a really good firm to work with on our part and we haven’t changed for that reason.

They’ve kind of walked us through the process and have given us days if we needed to get some things done. They also worked with us as to what's the quickest and best way for us to do it type of thing. The process has always been really well and being that we've been customers with them for a few years now, the process has been a lot easier because they already have our information and it doesn’t really change that much for us as far as income and so forth. So the process has been very smooth for us.

In fact, when we refinanced last time, we got a few dollars out. Also, our house's value has been going up every year, which has been a blessing for us, and since our son is getting married next year, ClearPath told us that in the next six months, if we wanted to refinance close into the wedding, we'd be able to get some money out so we could enjoy the wedding. They're having a destination wedding and we're gonna need a few dollars to take with us. So, our intention is to do that next year. ClearPath also told us that they'd work with us on the house appraisal and so far, everybody that we've worked with have been really attentive to us. So, we're very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to be your lender! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Very straightforward and quick and easy, Lily ** kept me informed of everything and the entire process was seamless. I received calls every Monday and Friday with updates on the progress on my loan and they were very quick to respond to any questions I have. This was the easiest refinance I've ever done.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

They sent me something in the mail about the VA IRRRL rate reduction. I've worked with them in the past but the process was pretty good this time. I was dealing with someone different than I had in the past. They let me go a little bit long on the tail-end, not letting me know they kinda changed dates a few times on when it was gonna be done. But it caused me getting late fees, which they did say they were gonna reimburse, but they hadn’t. The rep I dealt with was very responsive. It didn’t seem to matter if it was after hours or not.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I was impressed with the lower interest rate. And then, I hardly did anything with the application. ClearPath pretty much did it all. It was fantastic. However, by the time the lady came out and we signed all the papers, ClearPath already sold the loan so I didn't have much of anything with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My experience with them was very good. It was easy. They were very professional and easy to deal with. They worked with me well. It really, really surprised me how quick the process was.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

ClearPath talked me through the process and they said that I was eligible for a veteran's discount ‘cause I had paid six months without missing a payment. I was able to get the rate down from 3.25 to 2.25 so I went with the program. The loan officer did everything. He asked me for information and I gave him the information he wanted. We went through the process and they sent the paperwork to the computer, and we printed it out. I answered the questions with the computer and they sent somebody over here with papers for me to sign. It went pretty smoothly and then I got my escrow rebate from the previous company. All I’m gonna do is send them my payment on the 1st of November with my new reduction on the payments, so I'm happy. It was a pretty easy process and I would do it again. I was satisfied.

ClearPath Lending Company Information