Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

751 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a letter in the mail about a refinancing offer, on VA stuff, and I was curious when I got the letter. I had just financed and I was about six or seven months into my loan. So, I called ClearPath to find out what the letter was about. I didn’t really understand what it was saying because it was talking about some benefits and things that I would lose and I wanted to make sure some new thing hadn't happened. It was my first VA loan, so I wasn’t up on all the different things. About the time I signed my loan, the rate started to climb up. I was talking to them and I told them I was not interested in signing and I was not gonna get a lower rate than I have. The rep told me he would look at it and he said he would go as far as a half a percent lower if he could find it. I told him if he could get me a half a percent, then we would talk. There wasn’t a real serious thing about it in the beginning but when he got the half-percent knocked off, we got down to business.

It all went terrific with the application process. I had a man named Jim and he was just outstanding. He was upfront and right on top of everything. Before it happened, he let me know what was going on. It was a really good experience. That’s the seventh or eighth house I’ve purchased and I refinanced a few times several of them but this definitely was way, way better than anything I’ve even come close to before. ClearPath has a good team.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We had been getting letters in the mail from ClearPath Lending for quite a while. But I kept throwing them away because I thought we had just bought the home and there was no way we could do anything. But one day, my husband said we should give these people a call and see what they've got to say. And I'm so glad he urged me to do that. I can't say how happy we are. Number one, they offered us a lower interest rate. Number two, they've lowered our monthly mortgage payment. They were the nicest people we've ever dealt with too. Lily was our rep and she deserves a gold star. She was phenomenal.

Everything was simple. We did everything by computer but I'm old and I'm a computer illiterate. I would get stuck on doing something and I'd call Lily and say I can't do this. But she told me to calm down, identified what I was doing wrong and got it right through. She was with me every step of the way and she didn't make me feel like I was an idiot. It also seemed like she never left me with any unanswered questions. She was in contact with me constantly, letting me know what they were doing and what we've got to do. Everything was done so quickly too. It took 14 days at the most. We've been through the gamut and this was the quicker process than whatever we had gone through, even when we bought the home. I'm not saying they were bad because they weren't. But Lily just seemed to go boom, boom, boom and next thing I knew, we were done. It was just amazing!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got a letter in the mail about ClearPath Lending and I called in about it. I wanted a a lower monthly payment and they had an adjustable rate, so I signed up with them. Then I called in again for the second time to get on to a fixed rate because they told me that I would become a loyalty customer and whatever fee I paid the first time, I wouldn't have to pay again. Their application process was easy and most of it was through my phone. The digital signatures was pretty good and convenient, too. The title person that came out signed all the paperwork and was flexible with my hours. He came at 7 o'clock at night and things worked out.

While everything was going on, the rep I worked with was in Hawaii and they had tropical storms going on. But even with that, he was still in contact with me a lot and getting back to me. I don’t like having to chase people for information and the entire time, he was calling me and getting me the information that I would have asked him for. He stayed a step ahead of me the whole time and he was awesome. I have friends who are looking to do a mortgage, too, and I would pass ClearPath ahead to them. The best part about using them was that it was all effortless and I barely had to do anything.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

ClearPath had lower interest rates compared to other lenders, so I went with ClearPath and got a VA loan. The application process was a good experience. Joe, the loan officer was very considerate and mannerable. He stayed in touch with me and let me know how things were going. For my birthday, on the paperwork that he sent here, he sent a big, nice sheet in the front that said, "Happy birthday" and had a nice bible verse on there. I thought that was really good..

I found out, however, that ClearPath's interest rate wasn't the lower one. It was the ARM and the rate was good for only a year, after which it would go back up. When another guy called me and was telling me about it, I didn't even know that I had an ARM that's adjustable. I didn't realize that because I didn't know anything about the ARM, and I wasn't told that that was gonna happen. That kinda made me mad and I really wanted to call Joe but I didn't have the number then. Still, he was a very perfect gentleman.

I just feel that when you're in a customer service business, the customer is first, and you should tell them everything. Joe should've told me all that was going to happen and that after my time was up, the interest rate could go up. Then I wouldn't have been able to even stay in my house. I just got the rate changed and I'll start my first payment on December. That gave me a lower interest rate where I was happy with what I had. But now, I'm back up like a $100 and some, so I have to make changes again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

ClearPath sent me a letter talking about refi. I also read the reviews online and I was amazed by the reviews that they got. Another thing is, I engaged five different companies and for some reason, I was drawn to Greg, the guy that took care of all of my needs at ClearPath. He was honest, always there if I had any questions, and followed up in a timely manner. He always made himself available whereas with the other companies, I never got that. So I decide to go with ClearPath and their enrollment process was smooth. Greg took down my information and gave me five different options of which way we could go. He explained all five options thoroughly and never pressured me. He said that it was totally up to me and that whatever questions I had, he would find an answer for me if he didn't know it himself. But he knew the answers.

The team that he worked with were professional and courteous as well. A gentleman by the name of Mario followed up with me about every other day and Greg checked in with me every day. Then once we got the process rolling, it became a weekly check in both by phone call and email, so they made me really comfortable.

In this day and age, there are scams out there all the time but I never got that feel with ClearPath. Greg talked about what they do and who they work with. He also talked about their loyalty program and things of that nature, and said that they would always be there for my needs. He even followed up with me after the loan closed and told me that if I had any questions, he'll always be there. He also said he'll follow up with me once a quarter if the rates change and he'll definitely call me to let me know what my options are, if we should move forward or we'll just stand back. That company is full of integrity and if you want a company based on integrity, based on keeping their word, and is customer-focused, ClearPath is the choice. I would highly recommend them and you can't go wrong with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: May 15, 2019

I'm giving 5 stars because as a whole the company is phenomenal with VA loans. I had a chance to meet Long ** about refinancing my home since I had been there 6 months. The paperwork was fast, the notary came out and everything was completed in a timely fashion. Before I even made one payment (get those free months) my loan was transferred... again and again and again.

This month I only found out it had been transferred because I went to make a payment. I had to do a Google search to find the info because the new lenders hadn't sent my "welcome packet" out. It came a week later. Also the new lender I am with has a 1 star rating and hundreds of bad reviews. How can a companies slide over veteran loans to what seems like incompetent people. I wish my loan was serviced by ClearPath because I liked the idea of the loyalty program, now I don't know if I still get this through this company. As soon as my 6 months are up again and another chance rolls around, I'm going to see if ClearPath gets and keeps my loan. Like I said I won't take away from the company but these practices are ridiculously frustrating.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got 30 different mailings because I qualified for benefits with the VA after X number of months from settling in my house. I knew I was eligible for refinancing if the rates were lower so I thought of getting information and finding out whether it would be efficient for me to do that. I picked ClearPath and everything about their application process was online and very easy to do. I met with the loan officer who came out here and we signed all the papers. He was very knowledgeable, patient and he explained things well. He was very organized and knew what he was doing. I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 20, 2019

The application process was pretty easy and my loan officer was very nice and personable. He would call me every Friday and explain what I should and shouldn’t do with the money, and that maybe I should hold off on it. He explained everything to me in a way that a person who doesn’t know anything about mortgage and lenders can understand. I was very comfortable in the process. He also got a lady to come at a certain time to have the paperwork signed for the notary and she was the sweetest lady. It was too late when we got to Starbucks and she asked if I wanted to do it another day. I offered that my house wasn't too far if she was fine coming with me because I didn't want to impose but I wanted to keep her safe as much as I wanted to keep myself safe.

We got to my house and we chatted for a little bit then the papers were signed. It was awesome. In working with ClearPath, I was also getting a better deal if a better deal became available, which was really nice. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my experience. It has also helped me pay off a couple other bills and not have to worry about paying my home loan. That was a really big benefit because I've got a part-time job.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was looking to do a little consolidating. I took a VA loan from ClearPath Lending because they got back with me in a timely manner and made the process simple, seamless and easy. Plus, their staff was professional and friendly. My loan officer always wanted to keep me informed. He followed up and I never had to call him. I would highly recommend ClearPath Lending.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I researched ClearPath Lending, but I was in my mortgage and I was happy. However, their flyer was offering me a better deal, so I decided to check out ClearPath one day and gave them a call. I was a little hesitant and I wanted more research and more documentation, but the application process was thorough and cool and it took around 65 days to complete it. The loan officer was helpful and responsive. There is a big time difference between Texas and California but still, if I had to email him or text him, he responded within 14 hours. Everything was good with ClearPath.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I dealt with Anthony **, Sales Manager with ClearPath Lending. Anthony was very professional, quick to respond to questions, coordinated all of the activities associated with the lending process. He made sure that I was kept in the loop on all aspects of the mortgage lending process. He made me feel very comfortable, it was a pleasure working with him. I would highly recommend Anthony and ClearPath to others considering a home mortgage.

Original review: April 13, 2019

ClearPath Lending was the first one that called and I got a VA loan from them. From the first contact to the point that the loan was approved took a couple of months. The application process was not bad and every time I needed Lily, the one who was handling it, I called her. She stayed in good contact with me and made sure I understood what was going on. She was friendly and I didn’t have to sit around for long periods of time wondering what the status was. She called me regularly to keep me up to date on things.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Lily took good care of us from start to finish! We knew exactly what we were getting, and we received calls on a regular basis telling us the status of the loan progress. Overall very satisfied and would use them again.

Original review: April 12, 2019

ClearPath Lending works on your schedule. They return calls, do what they say they will do, and get the job done in a timely manner. I have worked with them on two house purchases and I went back to them because they are very professional. I would refer them to anyone purchasing or refinancing a home.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I got a paper from ClearPath in the mail and it sounded really nice. The process was easier than buying the house. The rep was Steven and I liked him a lot. He was always right there and I could always get a hold of him.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I took a VA loan from ClearPath Lending. At the time, they were the only one that was sending me correspondence and I was curious to see if I could get a cheaper interest rate. The application process was very smooth and the loan officer and I had a good connection. He really explained everything to me and kept me informed during each step that was being processed with the loan, so I didn’t have any questions. I had a great experience with ClearPath Lending. They were very professional.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I refinanced with ClearPath Lending and the application process was straightforward and very easy. Chris, the rep, did a great job. He was quick to respond if I sent him an email or called. He was able to answer my questions or called back if I left voicemails and he was also friendly. The whole process did not take too long and it was exactly what we planned.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I liked ClearPath's customer service looking more towards veterans to still maintain having a home. We went with their program wherein the mortgage is held for the premium and we got our home within 5%. For us, that was their best program because we're with them to keep the home within our family. Since we had companies not working with us, we struggled to live in a house that we couldn't afford. ClearPath helped us out with that. Their application was step-by-step and they were willing to work with us. While everybody else was using different terms in different fields especially dealing with mortgage, finance or where the state is, ClearPath was making things simple. So, we were able to understand.

Our loan officers were good as well and they knew the ins and outs of communication. The one we worked with was very professional. However, when we call someone, our call goes right into voicemail which can sometimes be scary. Still, they were able to respond and they made us feel that we were their number one customer. We were extremely comfortable going through the process despite the fact that we had been having the nerves. ClearPath has so many other people in their company and they see the world with us which is good. We have a good team.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Ms. Lily ** was our service/loan officer and she was very informative. She was very customer friendly and demonstrated excellent customer care. Ms. Lily ** was truly an Angel sent from Heaven and I recommend anyone using ClearPath Lending to request Ms. Lily **. Thank you Ms. **, from Rory and Angie **. May God bless you and your Family.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We had heard a lot of good points about ClearPath Lending. They mostly had five stars on the post that we had seen and people hadn't said anything bad towards them. So we thought it was a good company to try out. They helped me get a new lower rate and I would recommend them to anyone who would want to do a foreclosure, anything for reconstruction or rehabilitating their home. I will also recommend it for veterans. The application process was very understandable and the loan officer was very good. He explained a lot of things to us – what the dos and don’ts were, what we would and wouldn't receive, and how long it was gonna take. It took roughly two months and they worked very well with me.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The refinance went smoothly without any problems at all. Both Lily and Layla were very helpful and kept us updated twice a week as to the status of the loan. We are part of the Loyalty program and they keep look out for rate drops on the the interest for us as the time goes on and if it drops they will notify us so that we get a better rate.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The process of refinancing can be stressful. However, working with Lily **, it was stress free and she showed how committed she was by negotiating and providing me with the best options available. Lily was very professional and worked hard to keep me informed throughout the whole process. I'm very grateful for her and all of her hard work she put in to make things end so smoothly.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I contacted Anthony ** regarding my VA loan. He explained the entire process of streamlining and lowering my interest rate. Everything promised was completed and in a timely manner which was really unexpected. I have had several homes over the years and never was a loan process as it had been promised; until now. I highly recommend ClearPath Lending and pray you reach out to Anthony. He is very knowledgeable and honest.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I received a VA notice in the mail and I called ClearPath and spoke with Lily **. I wanted to bring down my interest rate and with ClearPath, she worked out everything for me. Her staff were very detailed and they were able to answer all of my questions. They were Professional, Honest as well and the entire staff from the beginning of the process until the end were knowledgeable, friendly and very Professional. Great Experience.

Original review: March 18, 2019

ClearPath seemed more helpful than others. The application process was very easy. Together with the underwriting process, it took three weeks to complete it. We got the information we needed, and if we had any questions, everybody was good at answering them. If we had any concerns, we could either send an email or we could talk to them over the phone. They were very responsive getting back to us. Everybody was very helpful and they walked us through the lending process very easily.

Original review: March 17, 2019

ClearPath had a lower interest rate, so I went with them. I went with VA loan, and the application was great. The process took about three weeks to complete. The lending officer was wonderful and very informative. They kept me posted and abreast on what to expect and how things were moving along. They emailed me, kept me posted. They sent me text messages and notified me via phone, and they walked me through the process. Everything was perfect. ClearPath was very easy to work with, and they made the process very smooth.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I got a regular home loan from ClearPath and the application process was very easy. The loan officer also helped me out with everything I needed. He was really friendly and very easy to talk to. If I had questions or concerns, they were able to help me. They sent me a text or email until they got a hold of me. Working with ClearPath helped me out better financially. Everything was great and I would definitely do it with them again if I needed something in the future. So if you are considering them, you would be in good hands.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We contacted ClearPath Lending and started talking to a loan officer then we redid our loan. We got a regular home loan and the process was simple and made easy. The application and underwriting took a couple of weeks. The loan consultants were really good and nice. They were also easy to talk to and answered every question. When we needed them, we could contact them. Then I liked that they took $20,000 off of our interest. They also lowered our house payment and refunded us some of our escrow back from the other loan. Everything worked out well with them and I was really happy with the way things have gone. It was great working with ClearPath and having saved $20,000 on interest makes one think the other companies were just trying to rip us. So if a friend would ask about ClearPath, I’d tell them to get them quick.

Original review: March 7, 2019

ClearPath had a cheaper rate than everybody else, and my realtor applied with them. I obtained a mortgage loan and the application was pretty good and easygoing. The loan officer informed me of everything I needed to do and she was patient with me on getting everything that I needed.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The present mortgage charged me a lot more than what I was paying in the past, so I decided to move to another mortgage company. I've dealt with ClearPath in that past and I've been very happy with them, so I stuck with them. I got a VA loan and I was very satisfied, and I would recommend it with anybody.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information