4.8/5 (253 ratings)

About ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Pros

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

Cons

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Verified

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a p...

Verified

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were ve...

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Since it was an IRRR Loan, the process didn't take a lot of paperwork that I had to run around and get. The individual I dealt with said it would take three weeks, and that's approximately what it took. I was satisfied with that. The only issue I have is that ClearPath offers these incredible rates, 1.75, which is what motivated me to refinance, then when you get into the minutiae of this, “The 1.75 is not available to you, sir, because you don't have an 800 credit score.” It’s a shame that they do that upfront. They should explain that to the customer right in the beginning, “If you have an 800 credit score, then we can give you this. We can offer you this type of loan.” They don't do that, and that's a little disingenuous. It’s not just ClearPath though. I would imagine this happens with other companies as well.

Once people make a call, they don't stop getting phone calls, emails, or junk mail. Rather than put people through all that, ClearPath should be upfront in their advertisement so that people know what they're getting into before they make a call. I was already looking to refi. My interest rate wasn't terrible (it was 5%), but because of the way the rates are now, it was worth the refi even though I didn't get the 1.75. Getting that 1.75 would have really helped out, and I don't know why they couldn't offer that rate with someone who has a credit score like mine. My credit score was 760 at the time and it’s way above the national average.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I've worked with ClearPath before. Then, ClearPath has a loyalty program so they notified me and I qualified for a reduction in my interest rate and asked if I wanted to refi again. We went over some details and numbers and I got the process going. It was a very good and smooth experience with ClearPath. They had a missing document, but they made an effort and they found it with the Recorder of Deeds. This was something that was left out during my last refi because I told them there was no way I can find something like that, especially during this time of the year. We're all still recovering from that worldwide pandemic.

The second time was even faster. There was one problem though and that was with the closer. The notary texted me the night before saying that I needed two government IDs. I told her I'm retired, so I don't have two government IDs, but one state ID. She said I could use a Social Security card, but I would have to make a photocopy of it. Who carries their Social Security card around? I don't. I know I have one, but trying to find it at the last moment was not going to be possible. So, I texted her back after a few hours and told her, "It's not going to be possible, so don't waste your time. We'll just have to cancel. Until I can find that, we'll have to reschedule." She texted me back saying, "No worries." I took it for granted that she meant, "Okay, we'll go ahead and cancel." She showed up anyway but I wasn't home. She called ClearPath and told them that I wasn't there for the appointment.

Nathan, the rep of ClearPath, texted me, "We have seen you refuse to sign the documents with the notary. What is the concern?" I was just blown away with it. He said, "We sent you your closing documents prior to you signing with the notary. My team and I were working on getting you a rapid and smooth closing. What'd you do? The loan is now suspended. We had your rate locked in. I wouldn't see why you want to cancel all of this so suddenly. Please give me a call ASAP so we can get this resolved."

She didn't tell them. I called Nathan right away and told him, "There's another side to this story here." If she meant, "No worries," about the second ID, then she should have clearly stated that. We rescheduled for a day later with Nathan and I just dropped everything and I found that Social Security card and I made a photocopy and brought it. Two days later, we resolved it. That was the only issue, but the problem wasn't with ClearPath or Nathan, it was with this notary.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: June 3, 2021

I got the new Welcome aboard package from ClearPath Lending and I was told verbally over the phone that my new servicer is the same as the old one, which was Freedom. I received a letter from Freedom saying my mortgage is paid off and I got a check too. I got a check from whoever for the money back on the refinance. But I haven't received any paperwork stating I've been refinanced and my first payment is due. And this is how much it is for. I talked to a guy called Greg around the first of June and he said that everything was okay and to give it time. The 1st is when I normally make my payment. That way, they receive it no later than the 16th.

One time, they didn't even receive it until the 16th. I was scrambling to make the payment so it wasn't late and I managed to do that, to find out they got it on the 16th. That created hate and heartburn. They told me I could avoid this by putting them on automatic payments every month. I can't do that because I don't know when exactly the money's going to be there for them to suck it out of my account. I normally could but I was holding off on doing the automatic payments every month until the dust settled. And as of right now, this is probably going to be the last time I'm going to refinance because interest rates are going up.

In the meantime, I was getting bills from mortgage for pay-off requests at $30 a pop and they were catching on to my monthly payments. I paid one and I got a letter from them stating I owed for two more. Greg, at ClearPath, said not to worry and they would take care of that. I said okay and asked about the 30 bucks that I had to pay so far. I talked to his supervisor and he told me to tell Greg and that they would send me a card. I never got anything and that was two months ago.

At the time I talked to Greg, my concern was the paperwork I received didn't say anything about money in escrow for flood insurance. The last time I refinanced, the flood insurance got dropped off and I had to jump through hoops with Freedom to get the flood Insurance put back on for escrow. When we were initially discussing the refinancing, I expressed this concern and then I got a letter stating I no longer lived in a floodplain because my address changed.

The house didn't move but the address changed and I was informed that I was no longer in a floodplain. I ended up having to call the county and they said that according to their FEMA maps, I'm still in a floodplain. So, I got back with Greg and said that I have to have flood insurance and he has got to make sure it's part of the escrow. Because I'd rather have a smaller payment attached to my mortgage every month than having one giant bill roll in saying I owe them 500 bucks.

The only recourse I have is to make another phone call to Greg and make sure that everything's okay. And the second one is to call Freedom and ask if I have a loan with them and when it is due to make sure I get the payment to them on time. How much it is is important because the point of refinancing was to lower the payments down. I started out two and a half years ago at right around $1,300 a month. Then, it dropped. And then, it dropped again. The last one was $1,045 and this one's supposed to be less than $1,000. I hope it doesn't go more than $1,045, which is what I was paying before. If it goes above that, something's drastically wrong seeing as how I'm paying less interest. But that's neither here nor there.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I liked the congeniality and an overall professional look that Brent had with my situation with my finances concerning my home. When I first met the guy, I said, “Man, what am I getting into?” But we talked 15 minutes and I was like, “This is a really down-to-earth guy.” And he had this cool cowboy laugh, and it pulled me in. He's an amazing person dealing with all the little nooks and crannies that me and him had to walk through in a couple of my finances. I know nothing about refinance whatsoever, and he walked me through the whole thing with no computer on my side. He got the paperwork to me and he did it in a happy, “Hey, we're your buddies,” kind of way, which was beneficial to me.Because of acceptance of who I am, as well as my property, I’ve stayed with that man a number of years. He has put up with all my garbage.

Even after the refinance would be completed, they would check with people on a monthly basis to make sure that their client would be comfortable, and them knowing also with no mistake that their client received everything that they were supposed to receive. Also, during and before two weeks, they could call the client involved and give them a heads-up and also let them know, whoever their home insurance is with, that they would be changing a company if that were to happen. They would also help them in mailing the money and reassuring them that with their guidance, the money would go into the proper hands.

I was a little uncomfortable with mailing that much money in my first refinance. Like, “Not only we're a great team, Clyde, but we're also really in your corner too.” If there was any other refinance company that I would deal with in the future, it would certainly be ClearPath because of my experience with the people that I have been working with in the past, as well as Nancy, because she was a beautiful young lady.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending! Welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I got a thing through the mail. I got it three times and I was leery of it because I've never heard of ClearPath Lending before. But I kept getting them and they were showing a good rate, so I figured, "Well, I might as well jump on it because the rate could be going back up again. We'll go ahead and do it, even if it cost us a little bit of money." It cost us more than we thought it would because the way they were saying, it wouldn't have been anything out of the pocket. But we had to add it onto our loan to pay for everything that ClearPath did. But I'll go along with that because I can make it up in a couple of years anyway in the monthly payments because they save me almost 200 a month. Otherwise, it was good. It was a little hassle, but whenever you refinance or even when you finance, it's a hassle because of all the paperwork and everything that the government makes us do to protect ourselves and the companies.

It got a little frustrating once in a while because we're not computer people and they wanted to do everything over the computer. I said, "We don't know that much about the computers and how to do it." They could come up with a package, send it to you, and have you fill it all out, and then send it back to them again. Cameron and Queenie were the ones that started out with it and they were great. My wife used to say, "You've got the patience of a giant or a saint," because he was trying to help her on the computer. And we got some things done on computer, like our driver's license and everything sent to them, and they don't photograph very good on the computer. But he helped her out. And Queenie was very polite. We had a good time with them, had a lot of laughs because of the things that were going on. And they were both very patient. If you get ahold of Queenie and Cameron, you have a good team there then.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Having refinanced a mortgage seven or eight times I have to say that this was, by far, the easiest, hassle free refinance ever! There was much less paperwork than I have previously experienced. I got the rate advertised and we even closed a few days earlier than scheduled. Unfortunately, having obtained such a great interest rate, I’m sorry to say that I will probably not have the pleasure of working with ClearPath again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The loan process was quick and easy. It took a week, and the rate was low.

Resolution response: Jan. 7, 2022

Updated from a 1 to a 3 because the company addressed the issue, but I was already closing on a new loan with a different vendor so that could not be "fixed". ClearPath quickly and decisively resolve my concern. As I noted in my original post, they are very well reviewed in several places, so I did not expect the issue I had. Based on ClearPath's response, I would try them again and RECOMMEND you try them also.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I got a mailer in December (actually every month last year) from ClearPath Lending with a promised 1.75% refinance rate (VA loan). I called, and talked to Ciara ** who sounded very professional and helpful. Between her approach and the number of good ratings online about ClearPath, I thought I'd be going with them for sure. But she never called back with the quote, nor responded to my email or voicemail trying to find out what was happening. My loan is super-easy--50% property equity, great credit score and income, VA IRRL program with no appraisal or inspections needed. I'll be closing on my refi with another company, Allegiance Home Lending, next week in under two weeks, that's how easy this was. I get more mailings from them than any other lender, but when it came time to deliver, they were no help at all. Make sure you are working with other lenders to have a backup plan.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I used ClearPath before and I enjoyed the experience I had. This time, they had certain fees that were waived for returning customers, and like last time, things went smoothly. They answered all my questions along the way, and it has worked out just the way I wanted to and about the timeframe I was looking at. The rate was higher than I wanted, but because it's a cash-out refinance, I understood that. It's also temporary ‘cause I'm going to do a VA streamline refinance towards the end of the year and lower the rate. For all the debt I had, it's good. It worked out very well.

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The process was good, and the reps explained everything. They also sent me the packet in the mail with all the information, and I got it.

ClearPath Lending Company Information