Call toll free
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

717 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I got something in the mail from ClearPath and I used them for my mortgage. We wanted to lower it. We got the FHA and the application process was easy. The rep kept me posted and everything was good.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I called them to from a letter they sent me. I was unaware of the benefits of refinancing my VA loan after only having it 6 months. Their representative, Lily **, handled the mortgage from start to finish pretty much calling me daily with updates or to simply check in to see if I had any questions. We closed the loan, from start to finish, in two weeks. Thank you ClearPath Leading.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I am 73 years of age and have financed and refinanced numerous properties in my adult life. Never have I been more impressed with the professional staff at ClearPath Lending. Lily ** and her team were totally professional and she bent over backward to make the process go smoothly. She was professional and supportive throughout the procedure. I had no questions and was totally informed about costs, savings, procedures and the final outcome. There were no surprises. I would recommend ClearPath Lending to anyone searching for VA financing. Lily ** is a definite asset to her organization and is worth her weight in pure gold. Thank you Lily and ClearPath Lending for your excellent support and assistance in helping me obtain my load with virtually no obstacles.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I got a letter in the mail about a refinancing offer, on VA stuff, and I was curious when I got the letter. I had just financed and I was about six or seven months into my loan. So, I called ClearPath to find out what the letter was about. I didn’t really understand what it was saying because it was talking about some benefits and things that I would lose and I wanted to make sure some new thing hadn't happened. It was my first VA loan, so I wasn’t up on all the different things. About the time I signed my loan, the rate started to climb up. I was talking to them and I told them I was not interested in signing and I was not gonna get a lower rate than I have. The rep told me he would look at it and he said he would go as far as a half a percent lower if he could find it. I told him if he could get me a half a percent, then we would talk. There wasn’t a real serious thing about it in the beginning but when he got the half-percent knocked off, we got down to business.

It all went terrific with the application process. I had a man named Jim and he was just outstanding. He was upfront and right on top of everything. Before it happened, he let me know what was going on. It was a really good experience. That’s the seventh or eighth house I’ve purchased and I refinanced a few times several of them but this definitely was way, way better than anything I’ve even come close to before. ClearPath has a good team.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Chris & Nicola. ClearPath Lending should be proud of the service that it provides to customer such as Randolph & Michele **. First I must say that the initial calls were ignored because of the number of scam calls that we both receive on a daily basis thinking that this was a scam. Secondly, the many letters that we received also made me wonder if this was for real. After calling Chris and listening to what ClearPath Lending could offer this was a not a hard decision. Chris professionalism and courteous manner was outstanding and he made the process seamless and easy. Nicola also made this process effortless as she requested payment history. As both of these individual’s worked with Michele and I to process this loan I can truly say this was a stellar team effort. Outstanding job!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I went with ClearPath Lending’s loyalty program and the application process was pretty easy. We just did it all through email and electronic signatures, aside from the signing of the final paperwork. That came into my house and I just signed it at home. If I had a question or concern, someone would get back to me with an answer the same day. Their rep, Jacob, was very thorough. He called me every week and updated me on the status of everything and he made sure that I was fully informed at all times.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My the interest rate was too high with my previous company. So, I was trying my best to search and look for the affordable interest rate. Finally, I found ClearPath and they're awesome. The guy who called me was pretty good with me but I misunderstood something and later on, I figured out that it was not his fault but it was my fault. Other than that, the application went very smoothly and I couldn't believe the way it went so fast. It took three weeks to complete and I am satisfied with the rates and terms that I got. The guy told me that after a few months, I have to pay on the 13th month, so when they checked, it was the lower interest rate that they are still going to offer me. All in all, ClearPath saved me money.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After a few months of owning my first home, I received a letter with the name of my mortgage company in the window. The letter stated that I had missed a deadline for something and needed to call immediately. I called my mortgage company account manager directly (because my company is actually a good one) instead of the number in the letter. He laughed and said it was a scam to get me to refinance or sell equity. I have gotten the same letter once or twice a week for months! I've sent the letters back stating that I want to be removed from list, called, and emailed. And the letters keep coming.

ClearPath Lending response

Mr. Robbins, thank you for reaching out to us with this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have removed your information from our mailing list and please note that it may take about 4-6 weeks for this to take effect since these letters are typically sent out in advance. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I like how ClearPath Lending treats the veterans. If I met them first, I would have done my loan with them from the beginning. The experience that I had with ClearPath Lending was 99.9% a whole lot better than what I dealt with and their people were friendly. They treated me like I was part of the family which made it easy to trust them. It didn’t feel like they were out to get you or you were being forced into anything. It was a good experience and I tell all the veterans that I know in reference to what I had to deal with and who I'm dealing with now, and they say, “Wow, it's that good?” And I tell them yes. Everybody at their customer service hit home.

The application process was easy. It was like night and day compared to what I had dealt with before. Once I started dealing with ClearPath, they told me that the lender that I had before would probably start calling me and like clockwork, they did. They wanna try to get me to come back to them but I said no. I'm done with the bad experience. ClearPath is great.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I got a third loan from ClearPath Lending. They had all the information from the past and that made the application process relatively okay. Plus, their rep, Lily, was great. I had some problem in my past loan and she got it worked out for me. She was professional and she took me from A to Z. I'm very unhappy though that mortgage companies sell my mortgage to someone else and they purchase that mortgage company. My mortgage was sold once. ClearPath Lending bought it, then they sold it to another company. I didn’t like that part. I need to find a mortgage company that’s not willing to sell me out every year. If it wasn’t for Lily, I would not refinance with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I would recommend ClearPath because of their loyalty program. After six months, if they can lower the interest rate, they would attempt it. They also responded more quickly than every other lender that I tried. I was trying to lower my interest rate on my mortgage. But it's still an FHA loan and it was like a three-week process. I turned in my information and they worked on it quickly. The process was easy and the loan officer was fast at responding. He also made it easy for the loan to go through.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I've been dealing with ClearPath Lending for a couple of years now. This is my fourth loan through ClearPath. I'm in a loyalty program. Their loan application process was easy. They usually call me back if there's any problem. They were also able to answer all of my questions. But when you transition over to the next loan company, you have to make sure that everything is paid beforehand. What happened was I skipped two payments, and then they sent me letters that I had missed the payment and that they put me through the credit bureau. That was kinda shaky for me. My credit is excellent so I don't wanna mess it up. But then, the check caught up to the time, so they didn't ding me for it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We had been getting letters in the mail from ClearPath Lending for quite a while. But I kept throwing them away because I thought we had just bought the home and there was no way we could do anything. But one day, my husband said we should give these people a call and see what they've got to say. And I'm so glad he urged me to do that. I can't say how happy we are. Number one, they offered us a lower interest rate. Number two, they've lowered our monthly mortgage payment. They were the nicest people we've ever dealt with too. Lily was our rep and she deserves a gold star. She was phenomenal.

Everything was simple. We did everything by computer but I'm old and I'm a computer illiterate. I would get stuck on doing something and I'd call Lily and say I can't do this. But she told me to calm down, identified what I was doing wrong and got it right through. She was with me every step of the way and she didn't make me feel like I was an idiot. It also seemed like she never left me with any unanswered questions. She was in contact with me constantly, letting me know what they were doing and what we've got to do. Everything was done so quickly too. It took 14 days at the most. We've been through the gamut and this was the quicker process than whatever we had gone through, even when we bought the home. I'm not saying they were bad because they weren't. But Lily just seemed to go boom, boom, boom and next thing I knew, we were done. It was just amazing!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

ClearPath Lending gave me very good rates and my experience with them went really smoothly. They told me exactly what they wanted, I gave it to them and things went well. Their application process was easy and took a few weeks. Plus, the loan officer was very competent and helpful. I'd tell friends to check out ClearPath Lending.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I went online and read the reviews, and I decided to try ClearPath Lending. During the refinance process, everything was step-by-step instructions and it was on point. Everything went smoothly. The rep knew what he was talking about. It made it more comfortable knowing in the beginning everything that we need to do or sign or how long we have to wait. The guy took over my other contact and it was not so much as selling the company but it was educational. He let me know what I needed to do and put me on the right path to what I need to look for so, I was pleased. It was a good experience and I would highly recommend anyone going to this. They'll make sure they can answer every question you ask even if it’s nothing and even if it’s against not signing with them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Absolutely sick of the unsolicited mail from this company, with their lies and false promises. How does someone that has never been in the military qualify for a VA loan? Your predators and should be run out of business.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reaching out to us on this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has cause you, and we have added your information to our Do Not Mail list. As these letters are typically sent out in advance, after about 4-6 weeks, you should no longer be receiving any mail from us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I spoke to Omar from ClearPath and he made me feel at ease. He took care of me, and made me feel comfortable. I was very skeptical about shady stuff and he made me trust the company. The application process was also easy and quick. His assistant also reached out and let me know, if I had any questions and I couldn’t reach Omar, I could talk to her. The process was better than what I expected. I'm very happy with them. Being that I had identity theft, I'm really funny about doing stuff like that. So I would refer a friend but I would refer her or him to Omar.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was refinancing my house and ClearPath Lending has a small interest rate. I applied and the process was very smooth. The rep was good too. He called me every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to make sure everything’s good and I was up to date with everything. Every question I had was answered. If not right then and there, they’d call me back later on and let me know. Everything throughout was perfect. It’s a good deal.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I got my mortgage through ClearPath as everybody else was denying me. They walked me through step by step and it was easy. They were very courteous, sweet and nice. I was satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was looking to refi at the time and I was getting the runaround by a different company. The girl I dealt with from ClearPath, Lily, was on top of everything and she was phenomenal. Every part of the process was perfect and they had most of everything ready to go.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

ClearPath Lending's application process was simple and their loan officer was good. But every time he called, it was hard to hear him. I could make out what he was saying but he was more on the low end where I couldn’t hear anything.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When I was looking for a mortgage company, I got a flier from ClearPath who was pretty persistent. The loan officer was excellent and very informative. The application was painless and it took about 30 days for me to get my check in my hands. There was no hassle or frustration. It was pretty cut and dried, just the way I liked it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My interest rate is high on my house and I was looking into lowering it. ClearPath didn’t lower it too much like I thought they would, but the market didn’t go up, so it’s lower than when I had it. They lowered $11 on my payment, but $11 in the long run is a lot. The guy that I worked with was right on top of things. I asked him some questions here and there, and if he didn’t have the answer, his manager did. The application process was also really good. They told me I didn’t have to do too much. They had everything in file and it was just sign here, sign there, and I was on the way. Then one thing that I liked was they said they would call me when the interest score is even lower, and I’m looking forward to that.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The application process at ClearPath was easy and their loan officer was nice. I would recommend the person I talked to all the time.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I got my house refinanced with ClearPath Lending and I’m pleased with what they did for me. The application process took 40 days. The rep was good, professional and he got it done. The rates and terms were fair and I’m satisfied with my experience with ClearPath.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

This is the second loan I’ve done through ClearPath in the last two years. The original one was convoluted. There was a lot of documents and a lot of explanations for this and that. On the other hand, the more recent one went so quickly. This time, I think they had the process down. It was awesome and smooth. They walked me through the process and explained to me what they needed. If a form needed to be filled out, they had it electronically.

There was a couple of glitches here and there, mainly because my hours are so weird. But once we got the communications down, everything was great. If I had a question, they answered it either via email, text message or by phone. If I called and left a message, they would call me right back. They were great to work with and I really enjoyed it. Plus, when I was talking to the original Bill, I felt comfortable. People should check ClearPath Lending out because they have good personnel and they seem to care.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

ClearPath Lending lowered my interest rate and eventually, it'd make a long term impact. During the application process, a few things changed along the way, but it was fine. Their loan officer returned my phone calls when I asked him to. He was clear and prompt. ClearPath is a good company. They’ll work with you and will try to help you out if they can.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Now that I’m with ClearPath Lending I like their program better. The application process was easy. I did most of it over the phone. Everything was fine with their loan officer. They were professional and answered all my questions. They were very helpful for any questions that I have. ClearPath would be a great lending company to look into.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

ClearPath Lending has a formal application process. They sent me stuff and I filled out everything online. The rep I worked with was great. I'll be happy to work with him again. He was very interested in helping. I would refer friends to that person.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

ClearPath sent me something in the mail that was appealing to what I wanted to do. Also, when I called them and talked to George, the loan officer, he was very good, very sharp, and knowledgeable for me. That's why I decided to go with ClearPath. Their application process was easy and they walked me through it. I talked to them over the phone and it was a really smooth transition. The process took more or less 20 minutes and since everything went smoothly, I'm 100% satisfied. They are doing a great job and they should keep doing it because that's what it's all about in the business.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information