2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

ClearPath Lending

ClearPath Lending
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.84/5

ClearPath Lending offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate home loans. Fixed-rate loans have an interest rate that never changes and are a popular option for people who plan to stay in their homes for a long time and want to lock in the interest rate. With an adjustable-rate loan, the interest rate is fixed for a short time and then fluctuates with the national rate indexes.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

BOTTOM LINE

ClearPath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender that specializes in conventional and FHA loans. Borrowers are connected with individual mortgage lenders to make borrowing and refinancing easier.

PROS

• Online tools to estimate loan costs
  • Work with a loan officer
  • Prequalify in 15 minutes

CONS

• Rate information not available online
  • Not available in all states

Top ClearPath Lending Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. Their communication was great throughout the mortgage loan process. They kept me informed every step of the way. It was a pleasure working with Lilly and her group of good folks!

Everything went great with ClearPath… They kept us in contact of everything… Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were very easy to get ahold of…

What is ClearPath Lending?

ClearPath Lending is a California-based mortgage lender that uses innovative technology and a team of lenders and mortgage experts to connect people with home loans and refinancing options. Lending experts walk you through which type of loan is right for your situation, and the company guarantees the best pricing for your loan.

ClearPath Lending Loyalty Program

ClearPath’s Loyalty Program lets you receive a notification when a lower rate is available for your loan. A loan officer begins the change process and updates your terms so you can start saving money right away.

ClearPath Lending loan types

ClearPath Lending offers multiple types of loans, including conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans and jumbo loans, which are available for more expensive houses. The company also has several refinancing options, including FHA Streamline loans designed for those who have an existing FHA loan and wish to refinance it.

Refinancing

ClearPath helps homeowners save money on their existing mortgage by offering refinancing solutions. Whether you want to switch from a fixed rate to an adjustable rate or lower your annual percentage rate (APR), ClearPath offers refinancing options.

If you need to refinance to cash out equity on your home, ClearPath also helps with that. The company's easy-to-use refinance calculator lets you input your loan term, interest rate and loan amount to determine your estimated monthly payment.

ClearPath can also help shorten the term of your existing loan to reduce the total you pay in interest over the life of your mortgage.

ClearPath Lending rates

ClearPath Lending does not list its loan rates or fees on its website. Before you commit to a loan with ClearPath, make sure you speak with a loan officer and get specific details on the company’s rates and fees.

Interest rates and APRs change over time and are typically influenced by multiple factors, including your credit score, the mortgage type and the loan's term length.

ClearPath Lending FAQ

Does ClearPath offer refinancing?
Yes. ClearPath specializes in home loans and refinancing. The company’s online refinancing calculators let you input all of your financial information to see how much you can save.
Is ClearPath Lending legit?
Yes. ClearPath is a reputable and reliable lending service that works to provide affordable home loans, comprehensive refinancing options and tools to help lower your monthly mortgage payments.
Where is ClearPath Lending located?
ClearPath Lending is headquartered in California.
Where is ClearPath Lending available?
ClearPath operates mostly in the southern and central parts of the country. The company does not operate in New England and a few other specific northern states, including Washington and North Dakota. Visit ClearPath’s website to see if its services are available in your area.

Is ClearPath Lending worth it?

ClearPath Lending is a solid option for loans or refinancing. ClearPath Lending’s refinancing could help lower your monthly payments, and refinancing is also available to cash out home equity or shorten your loan term. The company offers a wide variety of loan types and has representatives who can help you choose the right one for your situation.

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I wanted to refinance to work my payments down a little bit. I'm a retired veteran, so I don't like things tight, and refinancing took care of things. This was my second refi. To get the interest down is a big thing. Joe was very informative. He took his time and explained things to me better than most people. He gave me his number to call for any problems or questions. I told him I won’t abuse it. He said, “If you call me with a question, it’s not abuse.” It was the right answer. I've always told people the stupid questions are the one not asked.

ClearPath went out of their way on one of the items. We had a solar put on the roof here. I was never told by the people that installed it that the company put a lien on the house until the work was done. The company forgot to take it off but I never knew it was put on to begin with. When I called them to find out about it, they said they were gonna take it off and that they would call me. Then I got a call from the company and they said it was my responsibility. One of the reps from ClearPath went out of her way and talked to one of the attorneys in their group and they gave her an idea what to do. Then she got it done in a day.

They made it easy for me to set up my automatic payments. The only thing I'm waiting for now is my complete signed copy of the contract. It’s been a while since I signed up, but when I last talked to Joe, he said they put a wrong number on one of the VA papers. I redid that and sent it back to him. He told me he will send me a copy. Overall, it was simple. It took a little while, but I understood that part, especially since it was a refi. Everything went pretty good.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2020

This is a review for ClearPath Lending after a refinance loan for my 30-year VA loan. I’m skeptical of solicitations I get in my mail daily. I literally received 4-5 daily and they go right to the round filing bin (aka trash can) because they are all the same, overpromising and underdelivering. In the past, I have called the numbers only to be passed around like hot potato from one person to the next only to realize I was on the phone for almost an hour with nothing being accomplished. Another 30 minutes and all I have completed was them gathering all my personal information before we even talk about loan options or their "promised" interest rate advertised in the mailing. This leaves one frustrated and frankly this is why very few cringe at making the call on solicitations. If you think the mailings are annoying, the phone calls go to a whole new level.

However, this is how one day I had saved a mailing and glad I did. It was sitting on my counter for weeks and I was on the fence of calling. I dreaded the phone call but when I finally made the decision to make the call, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely satisfied with eh experience from ClearPath Lending. My representative I spoke to was Lily and she was quick(time is valuable); the information was relevant to my needs and she didn't waste a lot of time selling me anything.

I made all the decisions and she pointed me in the right path of what was best for my needs. Never once, offered anything above and beyond what ClearPath Lending could deliver and that was refreshing. Effective and efficient transaction is what anyone desires when conducting a refinance. I’m here to say ClearPath Lending was so impressive from start to finish, they left a First-Class impression on me, and certainly would refer them to anyone of my family members or friends in the future.

Warm regards,

Phil

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: June 14, 2020

ClearPath found me. I put something on the internet wherein people will say, “We’ll go through it and give you a quote right away.” The first thing it did was people started calling me. ClearPath's rep was the second one who did. He gave me a lot of information really quick. The process was really easy as far as the paperwork, but I waited for three months for closing ‘cause it was VA loan.

I worked with some pretty good people. They called me all the time, informed me what was going on or emailed me. If I had a question, I email back and then I got results right away. I got a good loan, too. I had to pay $6,000 and I know I have to pay my taxes, insurance, and escrow. But it was other miscellaneous stuff and the rep assured me there wouldn’t be any out-of-pocket expenses.

They also wanted to appraise the place but they sent some idiot in here from 60 miles away. He appraised the place much lower, $278,000. I said, “I knew that isn't right.” So I hired my own appraiser to come out and it was $380,000. I don’t know why ClearPath won’t let me use the appraiser that knows what the lands around here is worth. My place has 10.5 hectares and the pond, woods and the stream. They put my place as two-hectare double wide. I don’t understand why. My place is worth $100,000 more than what he said. And I know it was worth over $300,000 some because a place down the road sold for $290,000 and it was an hectare lot and a three-bedroom double-wide unit. But that wasn't ClearPath's fault. We got the job done.

My old mortgage company got a hold of me when ClearPath and I were in the process of closing. It’s basically already been set and closed, and ClearPath was supposed to give money. I got in at 2.75 and my old company came up with 2.50, out-of-pocket closing. I told them, “You waited way too long. I’ve already got a done deal.” That was kinda funny.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I received a letter from ClearPath Lending, I forwarded it to my previous mortgage lender. The letter told me about how they could reduce my APR and about me being able to save a couple of mortgage payments. The woman who did the initial purchase of the home said that the letter was not accurate and that it was too good to be true. Then when I received a letter a second time, I called ClearPath Lending.

When I initially called the number, my information was taken and forwarded to a loan officer. Jose was out in California and there was a four-hour timezone difference, but he called me back promptly. Initially, he asked what I think my credit score was gonna be. I told him and he asked for two additional documents, one of which was my DD 214. He was straightforward and told me what they can offer and how fast it takes. Initially, I thought that the VA had to come out and reassess my home. But he said that the process was streamlined, which was what sold me on it. Then he sent me a couple more electronic documents to sign. After that, I got a call from Andrea from underwriting. From start to finish, the process took about 15 days.

Once it was all said and done, the loan officer from my previous loan called me and said that she saw that my loan was paid off. She said that she wished that I called her first. When I asked why, she said that she could've saved me at least 1,000 because she wouldn't have had to roll in the escrow into my loan to open up a new escrow account. She said that clearPath would've had to roll in more escrow money into my loan. I didn't know anything about that, but other than that, everything was equivalent.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We got an offer to rate reduction from our current mortgage company, and it’s a kinda funny story. Our current mortgage lender sent us a letter saying, “Hey, we’ll offer you a rate reduction down to three point something. It’ll lower your mortgage a 100 bucks.” We didn’t wanna draw out any equity. So, I figured, "That's a no-brainer there. We’ll do that.” I filled out all the paperwork. But we got to month four and I found out it was like, “Okay, it’s been long enough.” They kept telling me it got snaggled in title. I even called the courthouse, and there was nothing in title.

So I told myself, “Let me just start checking around for other mortgage companies.” My current one is dragging their feet for some reason. I got a hold of ClearPath through an online thing, and I didn’t know we can do it. They were like, “Well, you could actually skip two mortgage notes and then you can get your escrow check back, and then you could start your first month’s loan next year, 2020, January." I thought that sounds pretty good during the person’s holidays. And that’s what I did. The paperwork came in online. We e-signed everything. Everything has been smooth, and I already got the escrow check back.

One thing the guy from ClearPath didn’t tell me is that they weren’t gonna be the servicing mortgage company. They kick me back to my original mortgage company, which I thought was funny because my current mortgage company was calling me saying, “Hey, we don’t wanna lose your business.” And so I called the guy back. He just said that normally if they refinance you from one company, they usually don’t send you back to that one. He said that it was rare that he’s heard them sending you back to the same mortgage company.

With ClearPath, everything was online and everything was smooth. I heard back from them, and the title went smoothly. The closing went fine, too. The only thing that was confusing for me is I’m now with the same mortgage company, but I have two different loan numbers. I have a lot of old paperwork, and I still have paperwork coming in saying, “We missed the December note,” or “My house was paid off on November.” And also when I call them, they have old data and then I have to explain to them, “Okay, I had that mortgage. I refinanced with another company. Y’all are serving me.” So, I have to go through that spiel. It would have been easier if somebody would have caught that and just sent me to a different mortgage company. It would be less confusing for me, but it’s okay. I still got a lower note.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Mr. Jose ** was our representative from ClearPath Lending. He was very informative and communicated in detail every aspect of the refinance process. He made the entire process flawless and it was a pleasure having him as our account representative.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

It was easy to work ClearPath Lending. I had them before. Their reps were good and the whole lending process was not long at all. It lowered my payments but I would've liked a lot lower payment.

ClearPath Lending response

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

We were looking at three or four companies and ClearPath seemed like it gave the best interest rate. We called them up and their guy was really informative. He went over everything really well. We got started with them and the process took a little bit longer than it should have by a few weeks because of COVID-19. But I understood what was going on so that was fine. There were a few minor glitches everywhere but from beginning to end, everything went well. Everybody was great. The guy that came out to do the signing was really good and was very respectful of the house. He had his mask on. He went over each page. I made a few mistakes but we fixed them and all that good stuff.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I received a promotional letter in the mail from ClearPath Lending and I ended up with a VA refi. The application process went fairly smooth and quick although it’s still the old style. It’s still on paper, whereas with my previous lender, everything was online and it went a lot smoother. The loan officer from ClearPath was good and we got it turned over to somebody else quickly once I said yes. But I didn’t get personal help throughout and we were getting passed around to different people. In my previous one, we went to the first person that got my application and then one person to walk us through the whole process. With ClearPath, I went through four people before everything was done. So, I didn't care for that part because I didn't know who to call at the time.

Once the loan was finalized, it became somebody else's loan. ClearPath had nothing to do with it anymore. It went to Freedom Mortgage so I ended up dealing with them. Yesterday, I was dealing with a property tax issue on who was gonna pay for it and how it was paid. I received a notice from the title company saying that they didn't take enough money for my property tax and then Freedom Mortgage said that they already paid it off on the 11th. There was a lot of confusion. If ClearPath would have gone through the whole thing with me and did not sell my loan to somebody else right after closing, it would have been a lot smoother. With my experience with them, I would tell a friend to go somewhere else.

ClearPath Lending response

We appreciate your review of ClearPath Lending and want to thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

The people from ClearPath seemed like they knew what they were doing. They stayed pretty much in communication with me. They called to see how I was doing every now and then when I was financing through them and waiting to get my loan approved. Through ClearPath, I got what I wanted on my interest and it didn’t cost me that much to refinance.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and want to welcome you to the ClearPath family!

ClearPath Lending Company Information