2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

ClearPath Lending Call Now Toll Free (855) 866-5363 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

ClearPath Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: June 29, 2020

This is a review for ClearPath Lending after a refinance loan for my 30-year VA loan. I’m skeptical of solicitations I get in my mail daily. I literally received 4-5 daily and they go right to the round filing bin (aka trash can) because they are all the same, overpromising and underdelivering. In the past, I have called the numbers only to be passed around like hot potato from one person to the next only to realize I was on the phone for almost an hour with nothing being accomplished. Another 30 minutes and all I have completed was them gathering all my personal information before we even talk about loan options or their "promised" interest rate advertised in the mailing. This leaves one frustrated and frankly this is why very few cringe at making the call on solicitations. If you think the mailings are annoying, the phone calls go to a whole new level.

However, this is how one day I had saved a mailing and glad I did. It was sitting on my counter for weeks and I was on the fence of calling. I dreaded the phone call but when I finally made the decision to make the call, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely satisfied with eh experience from ClearPath Lending. My representative I spoke to was Lily and she was quick(time is valuable); the information was relevant to my needs and she didn't waste a lot of time selling me anything.

I made all the decisions and she pointed me in the right path of what was best for my needs. Never once, offered anything above and beyond what ClearPath Lending could deliver and that was refreshing. Effective and efficient transaction is what anyone desires when conducting a refinance. I’m here to say ClearPath Lending was so impressive from start to finish, they left a First-Class impression on me, and certainly would refer them to anyone of my family members or friends in the future.

Warm regards,

Phil

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

ClearPath found me. I put something on the internet wherein people will say, “We’ll go through it and give you a quote right away.” The first thing it did was people started calling me. ClearPath's rep was the second one who did. He gave me a lot of information really quick. The process was really easy as far as the paperwork, but I waited for three months for closing ‘cause it was VA loan.

I worked with some pretty good people. They called me all the time, informed me what was going on or emailed me. If I had a question, I email back and then I got results right away. I got a good loan, too. I had to pay $6,000 and I know I have to pay my taxes, insurance, and escrow. But it was other miscellaneous stuff and the rep assured me there wouldn’t be any out-of-pocket expenses.

They also wanted to appraise the place but they sent some idiot in here from 60 miles away. He appraised the place much lower, $278,000. I said, “I knew that isn't right.” So I hired my own appraiser to come out and it was $380,000. I don’t know why ClearPath won’t let me use the appraiser that knows what the lands around here is worth. My place has 10.5 hectares and the pond, woods and the stream. They put my place as two-hectare double wide. I don’t understand why. My place is worth $100,000 more than what he said. And I know it was worth over $300,000 some because a place down the road sold for $290,000 and it was an hectare lot and a three-bedroom double-wide unit. But that wasn't ClearPath's fault. We got the job done.

My old mortgage company got a hold of me when ClearPath and I were in the process of closing. It’s basically already been set and closed, and ClearPath was supposed to give money. I got in at 2.75 and my old company came up with 2.50, out-of-pocket closing. I told them, “You waited way too long. I’ve already got a done deal.” That was kinda funny.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I received a letter from ClearPath Lending, I forwarded it to my previous mortgage lender. The letter told me about how they could reduce my APR and about me being able to save a couple of mortgage payments. The woman who did the initial purchase of the home said that the letter was not accurate and that it was too good to be true. Then when I received a letter a second time, I called ClearPath Lending.

When I initially called the number, my information was taken and forwarded to a loan officer. Jose was out in California and there was a four-hour timezone difference, but he called me back promptly. Initially, he asked what I think my credit score was gonna be. I told him and he asked for two additional documents, one of which was my DD 214. He was straightforward and told me what they can offer and how fast it takes. Initially, I thought that the VA had to come out and reassess my home. But he said that the process was streamlined, which was what sold me on it. Then he sent me a couple more electronic documents to sign. After that, I got a call from Andrea from underwriting. From start to finish, the process took about 15 days.

Once it was all said and done, the loan officer from my previous loan called me and said that she saw that my loan was paid off. She said that she wished that I called her first. When I asked why, she said that she could've saved me at least 1,000 because she wouldn't have had to roll in the escrow into my loan to open up a new escrow account. She said that clearPath would've had to roll in more escrow money into my loan. I didn't know anything about that, but other than that, everything was equivalent.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We got an offer to rate reduction from our current mortgage company, and it’s a kinda funny story. Our current mortgage lender sent us a letter saying, “Hey, we’ll offer you a rate reduction down to three point something. It’ll lower your mortgage a 100 bucks.” We didn’t wanna draw out any equity. So, I figured, "That's a no-brainer there. We’ll do that.” I filled out all the paperwork. But we got to month four and I found out it was like, “Okay, it’s been long enough.” They kept telling me it got snaggled in title. I even called the courthouse, and there was nothing in title.

So I told myself, “Let me just start checking around for other mortgage companies.” My current one is dragging their feet for some reason. I got a hold of ClearPath through an online thing, and I didn’t know we can do it. They were like, “Well, you could actually skip two mortgage notes and then you can get your escrow check back, and then you could start your first month’s loan next year, 2020, January." I thought that sounds pretty good during the person’s holidays. And that’s what I did. The paperwork came in online. We e-signed everything. Everything has been smooth, and I already got the escrow check back.

One thing the guy from ClearPath didn’t tell me is that they weren’t gonna be the servicing mortgage company. They kick me back to my original mortgage company, which I thought was funny because my current mortgage company was calling me saying, “Hey, we don’t wanna lose your business.” And so I called the guy back. He just said that normally if they refinance you from one company, they usually don’t send you back to that one. He said that it was rare that he’s heard them sending you back to the same mortgage company.

With ClearPath, everything was online and everything was smooth. I heard back from them, and the title went smoothly. The closing went fine, too. The only thing that was confusing for me is I’m now with the same mortgage company, but I have two different loan numbers. I have a lot of old paperwork, and I still have paperwork coming in saying, “We missed the December note,” or “My house was paid off on November.” And also when I call them, they have old data and then I have to explain to them, “Okay, I had that mortgage. I refinanced with another company. Y’all are serving me.” So, I have to go through that spiel. It would have been easier if somebody would have caught that and just sent me to a different mortgage company. It would be less confusing for me, but it’s okay. I still got a lower note.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We're loyal customers of ClearPath and we've gone through the process with them a couple of times. They’ve been a great staff and every year, we got a Christmas or Thanksgiving card, where there would be all handwritten signatures from the staff saying have a happy holiday and thank for you being loyal customers. They’ve also always contacted us when the rates were going down or it was a good time for us to see if we wanted to refinance what our house was worth type of thing. And the times that they’ve called, my husband would say that we were gonna do what they suggested. They're kinda keeping an eye on out for us and we've always worked with them within the last six years. If they don’t reach us by phone, they contact us by email. And we've always been able to contact them at any time. They’ve been a really good firm to work with on our part and we haven’t changed for that reason.

They’ve kind of walked us through the process and have given us days if we needed to get some things done. They also worked with us as to what's the quickest and best way for us to do it type of thing. The process has always been really well and being that we've been customers with them for a few years now, the process has been a lot easier because they already have our information and it doesn’t really change that much for us as far as income and so forth. So the process has been very smooth for us.

In fact, when we refinanced last time, we got a few dollars out. Also, our house's value has been going up every year, which has been a blessing for us, and since our son is getting married next year, ClearPath told us that in the next six months, if we wanted to refinance close into the wedding, we'd be able to get some money out so we could enjoy the wedding. They're having a destination wedding and we're gonna need a few dollars to take with us. So, our intention is to do that next year. ClearPath also told us that they'd work with us on the house appraisal and so far, everybody that we've worked with have been really attentive to us. So, we're very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to be your lender! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I needed to borrow money to have my teeth done. The lending process at ClearPath was quite amazing. Their customer service reps were fast and efficient.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I was in the marine corps and we went through the military, and they got us on to them. We had a guy named Viet in the beginning of all this, and he was quite instrumental. We, however, didn’t just get eye-to-eye on taking the money out of my account. My wife and I mailed in the form to take it out of my account. We thought it was automatically gonna be done, but it turned out to be my fault for not paying attention to it. But as far as the flip after, they have been great to us. If I was gonna recommend people, I would recommend them to a good company, and that apparently is ClearPath.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Everything went great with ClearPath. The application and underwriting was awesome. It was done in no time at all. All together, everything was done in three weeks. They kept us in contact of everything of that time when we were signing, and the lady came for us to sign the papers. Chris, the rep we dealt with, was great too, and I am satisfied with the terms and rates. They were very easy to get ahold of. He also kept us in the loop when the rates changed before the signing, which we got a lower rate than what we initially started with. We save almost $3,000 a year.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I got a mailer from ClearPath offering the percentage of 3.25. It was basically a good rate, so I just called them and from there, it was pretty simple. I've done 10 refinances in my lifetime and this was the easiest one I've ever done. Usually, when you're doing a refinance, you call and you get a different person every time. But the one thing that was impressive to me was the fact that from the first moment I contacted them to do it until the last moment, I dealt with one person, Charles. It was such a shock to have such a pleasant one-on-one type experience.

The only thing that I would have liked to have seen might have been a little bit better was the fact of at the closing time. It was stretched out past my having to make a payment. The finance company I was with was gonna charge me a late payment or put it on my record if it didn't close. I got my money back but I went ahead and made that payment rather than see a late charge show up in my credit anywhere. But overall, ClearPath was probably the most pleasant experience I've had in refinancing.

Original review: June 13, 2020

ClearPath Lending offered to take care of the VA loan and told me everything about it. I was happy with what they said, which was why I went with them. The process was pretty simple and the rep kept in contact with me. He kept me updated on everything pretty well.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 author review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information