2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.89/5

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

View More View More
ClearPath Lending(855) 866-5363

ClearPath Lending Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I received a lot of letters in the mail and one of them was from ClearPath Lending. When I called and I spoke to Jim, he was a little more convincing and sounded a little more knowledgeable. He made me a little more comfortable with dealing with him. He returned my calls when I did have questions and he was able to answer them. He listened versus dominating the conversation so it was more of a dialogue versus him being the only one talking. There was a lot of paperwork and although this was my second time going through this whole process, that was a little overwhelming. But that's something that you just have to do when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars in a loan.

I also had a problem where my previous company had paid my property tax and ClearPath Lending was going to pay it. But they sent the money over after it was paid so it was already calculated into my mortgage. I had to do the process of getting that money back versus ClearPath Lending doing it. I didn't think that there was a process to retrieve that $4,000 from the lawyer's office, so I had to make sure it was returned to me, the person. I had to seek it out on my own. In the event that that ever happens again, ClearPath should have a better tracking system on how to get the money back. There should be a way to ensure that you follow up with that process. It wasn't like they didn't know about it or that it could not occur. They knew that it was a possibility that they would pay second to the mortgage company I was already with. That system right there was broke.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I received a letter from ClearPath Lending, I forwarded it to my previous mortgage lender. The letter told me about how they could reduce my APR and about me being able to save a couple of mortgage payments. The woman who did the initial purchase of the home said that the letter was not accurate and that it was too good to be true. Then when I received a letter a second time, I called ClearPath Lending.

When I initially called the number, my information was taken and forwarded to a loan officer. Jose was out in California and there was a four-hour timezone difference, but he called me back promptly. Initially, he asked what I think my credit score was gonna be. I told him and he asked for two additional documents, one of which was my DD 214. He was straightforward and told me what they can offer and how fast it takes. Initially, I thought that the VA had to come out and reassess my home. But he said that the process was streamlined, which was what sold me on it. Then he sent me a couple more electronic documents to sign. After that, I got a call from Andrea from underwriting. From start to finish, the process took about 15 days.

Once it was all said and done, the loan officer from my previous loan called me and said that she saw that my loan was paid off. She said that she wished that I called her first. When I asked why, she said that she could've saved me at least 1,000 because she wouldn't have had to roll in the escrow into my loan to open up a new escrow account. She said that clearPath would've had to roll in more escrow money into my loan. I didn't know anything about that, but other than that, everything was equivalent.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We got an offer to rate reduction from our current mortgage company, and it’s a kinda funny story. Our current mortgage lender sent us a letter saying, “Hey, we’ll offer you a rate reduction down to three point something. It’ll lower your mortgage a 100 bucks.” We didn’t wanna draw out any equity. So, I figured, "That's a no-brainer there. We’ll do that.” I filled out all the paperwork. But we got to month four and I found out it was like, “Okay, it’s been long enough.” They kept telling me it got snaggled in title. I even called the courthouse, and there was nothing in title.

So I told myself, “Let me just start checking around for other mortgage companies.” My current one is dragging their feet for some reason. I got a hold of ClearPath through an online thing, and I didn’t know we can do it. They were like, “Well, you could actually skip two mortgage notes and then you can get your escrow check back, and then you could start your first month’s loan next year, 2020, January." I thought that sounds pretty good during the person’s holidays. And that’s what I did. The paperwork came in online. We e-signed everything. Everything has been smooth, and I already got the escrow check back.

One thing the guy from ClearPath didn’t tell me is that they weren’t gonna be the servicing mortgage company. They kick me back to my original mortgage company, which I thought was funny because my current mortgage company was calling me saying, “Hey, we don’t wanna lose your business.” And so I called the guy back. He just said that normally if they refinance you from one company, they usually don’t send you back to that one. He said that it was rare that he’s heard them sending you back to the same mortgage company.

With ClearPath, everything was online and everything was smooth. I heard back from them, and the title went smoothly. The closing went fine, too. The only thing that was confusing for me is I’m now with the same mortgage company, but I have two different loan numbers. I have a lot of old paperwork, and I still have paperwork coming in saying, “We missed the December note,” or “My house was paid off on November.” And also when I call them, they have old data and then I have to explain to them, “Okay, I had that mortgage. I refinanced with another company. Y’all are serving me.” So, I have to go through that spiel. It would have been easier if somebody would have caught that and just sent me to a different mortgage company. It would be less confusing for me, but it’s okay. I still got a lower note.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We're loyal customers of ClearPath and we've gone through the process with them a couple of times. They’ve been a great staff and every year, we got a Christmas or Thanksgiving card, where there would be all handwritten signatures from the staff saying have a happy holiday and thank for you being loyal customers. They’ve also always contacted us when the rates were going down or it was a good time for us to see if we wanted to refinance what our house was worth type of thing. And the times that they’ve called, my husband would say that we were gonna do what they suggested. They're kinda keeping an eye on out for us and we've always worked with them within the last six years. If they don’t reach us by phone, they contact us by email. And we've always been able to contact them at any time. They’ve been a really good firm to work with on our part and we haven’t changed for that reason.

They’ve kind of walked us through the process and have given us days if we needed to get some things done. They also worked with us as to what's the quickest and best way for us to do it type of thing. The process has always been really well and being that we've been customers with them for a few years now, the process has been a lot easier because they already have our information and it doesn’t really change that much for us as far as income and so forth. So the process has been very smooth for us.

In fact, when we refinanced last time, we got a few dollars out. Also, our house's value has been going up every year, which has been a blessing for us, and since our son is getting married next year, ClearPath told us that in the next six months, if we wanted to refinance close into the wedding, we'd be able to get some money out so we could enjoy the wedding. They're having a destination wedding and we're gonna need a few dollars to take with us. So, our intention is to do that next year. ClearPath also told us that they'd work with us on the house appraisal and so far, everybody that we've worked with have been really attentive to us. So, we're very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to be your lender! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

ClearPath said what they were gonna do and they followed up every time they said they were gonna follow up. They got my rate lowered and got some payments knocked off. They had lowered my mortgage terms by nine months. They have a customer loyalty program and it's gonna be around for a long time. As long as I'm doing my part, if they have a different rate come up, they'll come back and redo it again. So, it is a really good and very well presented program. Their rep was super friendly, caring, and very professional and courteous. He was very explanatory in their program, too. My loan officer was superb. She was upbeat and very knowledgeable. She wasn't difficult to get a hold of at all. If I sent a text or call, she was right on it. As a matter of fact, the longer we talk, the more I became a friend instead of just a client. She handled everything just like she's handling her own business.

ClearPath's application process went as smooth as it could possibly go, and it didn't take any longer than doing a regular application like I did my first one. There were no surprises. Everything was done in such professional manner. I'd recommend ClearPath highly. I've never been treated as well as that by anybody as far as any kind of finance process. ClearPath is a super company with super people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

ClearPath Lending had a good rate and did a lot of stuff with veterans, which was pretty much the reason why we went with them. The application process was very smooth and simple. The loan officer kept us up to date at every step of the way. They were very knowledgeable and professional. I was happy with the results.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I was looking to refinance my house and I heard of ClearPath through an agent. Just for convenience, I chose them and everything was fine. But the rate could be a little bit lower since I believe the financial average is 3.1. I keep getting things from the VA to refinance and I even saw one at 2.99.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I got a VA loan and ClearPath was great. They were in California and I’m in Arizona but it still went just fine. The application process was very easy. It was not even a couple of months. It just kinda went along and the gentleman that we worked with was great. He was very nice and patient.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

This company stood out and brought our mortgage payment a lot down. The interest rate was really good – a lot better than what we had. I like our mortgage payment but I don’t like the new mortgage company. Homebridge stinks. We got some damage to our home and when the check was sent down to us, it was unendorsed. Then it took one month to get a check endorsed with them. When you tell a contractor you've got the check back from the mortgage company but they didn’t endorse it, that looks stupid. So I’ve lost three contractors. I even contacted ClearPath but the guy we were working with was actually out. He was down for like three weeks and that’s why he didn’t ever contact us back. But I was willing to go back to our other mortgage company because these people at Homebridge are incompetent.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The guy from ClearPath Lending that I spoke with sounded knowledgeable and I felt comfortable with him. The application process was also straightforward and easy.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information