4.86/5
Based on 432 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

496 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I looked into refinancing knowing that some of the mortgage rates were changing. And being a vet, I wanted to see who had the best rate. I spoke with Shawn from ClearPath Lending and he was willing to help and listen, which are important. I also had a lot of questions that didn’t make sense coming out of my mouth, but he picked up on them, took the time to explain every one to me and didn't rush me. He also explained the different aspects of the loan and gave some facts. Most people are petrified of an adjustable rate mortgage because they don’t know what it is. They don't want it because it keeps changing, too. He explained it to me in detail and I went with the adjusted mortgage because it made sense. It doesn’t increase in time and I can lock into a fixed rate anytime I want to.

The application was very seamless. There wasn’t a whole lot of paperwork to fill out and they mostly had all the information from my VA loan. There were simply a couple things I had to update on my credit application. Also, they have a program where I’m in an elite status and if I wanted to refinance, I won’t pay again. Shawn continues to keep in contact with me at least once every month or two. He called me last week with another option to think about, which is what I’m doing right now. I’ve told a few people to talk to ClearPath Lending if they have to refinance. I would send them to Shawn's way without a doubt as he is the right man for the job.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Joseph! It is so great to hear that your refinance went smoothly and that you are satisfied with the results! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Refinancing - Very nice person answered all my questions. I had a great experience with this company. Was a pleasure working with them. Met all my expectations with the whole process. Very quick response when had all my requirements that they needed to approve my loan.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi Richard! We are so glad that we were able to provide you with a positive experience when you refinanced your home with us. Thank you so much for your review and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Being a veteran, I get all the mails, and the IRRRL was introduced, I had a lot of people calling me. I liked what the approach was from Mark, ClearPath's rep. I gave him a shout-out and to see if I was pleased with the offer. ClearPath's application process was very easy and the loan officers were okay. The transition went very smoothly. I highly recommend ClearPath Lending. They listen to everything you say, what you want and what you need. I want everybody to experience them, especially what Mark says about the loyalty. That was a fantastic loan and I had a great experience with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi William! We are so glad to hear that your refinance process went smoothly.Thank you for your service and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I received some stuff in the mail from ClearPath and I decided to give them a call. They gave me a good rate and the application process didn't seem to be hard as they took care of it most of the time. They were also quick about answering questions and finding out information.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Jaime! We know that you had many options for your refinance and we are thankful that you chose us! Thank you so much for your review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I went with a VA loan through ClearPath Lending and my experience during the application process was nice. The steps were very easy and helpful. The loan officer was excellent and very attentive, and he kept me informed of what was going on.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi Vontres! We work hard to make the refinance process as simple as possible for our clients, so hearing about an experience like yours makes us so happy! Thank you for your review and welcome to the ClearPath family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My brother used ClearPath Lending and he said that the process was really easy. I wanted to see what options I had available to me and I got a VA Loan from them. I've never refinanced anything before, so I thought the application process was going to be a lot more complicated but it was relatively simple and straightforward. The loan officer was pretty squared away. He checked in with me every week and quickly updated me on any changes, so our turnaround was fast and I was happy with that.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Matthew! We are happy that we could make your first refinance experience one that was enjoyable! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Quicken Loans did some dirty dealing and I didn’t like that they were handling my case. They were only after the money. They were not telling me exact proof and they didn’t know what they can actually do. I was lied to about certain things and I don’t like being lied to. On the other hand, ClearPath was more straightforward about what they could do and couldn’t do. The application process was quick and simple. The whole process took about six weeks and I went with the adjustable rate after three years.

The loan officer Mark was an awesome dude. He was more in-your-face, tell the truth, and didn’t do anything that he said he wouldn’t and couldn’t do. He called and checked on us from time to time, too. One doesn’t get too much service that way. Sometimes, when one gets somebody to take their case, it isn’t like they hear of them after they get done. Mark called me during Christmas and asked me how my Christmas was going. Later on, he talked to me and see how things are going with my mortgage. I told him that it's pretty neat to have somebody who didn’t forget us. I was very happy with ClearPath and they even helped me to get a lower rate with my insurance. I was being insured by Farmers and they helped in all sorts of ways. So, the way to go is with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi David! It makes us so grateful to know that we were able to build a relationship with you and that you trusted us with your refinance! We appreciate the amazing review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We starting our streamline loan with this company in November 2017. We were told we were going for a quick close. We were originally told we would not have to bring anything to closing and could skip two payments. Then when we got docs it showed 99.00 to closing. Lawyer's docs showed we had to bring 1167.00 to closing missing one payment. Company never stayed in contact. Always an excuse why things changed. I was told by another company that we had to wait 210 days for the original loan to apply for the FHA number. ClearPath told me this was not true. Found out after we had waited 45 days that it was true. They locked us in at 3.875 and said that was the current fixed rate for a 30 year loan. Again a lie. Current rate was 3.75. They told me they couldn't change it. When I told them I did not trust them the manager got very rude and told me he did not like being accused of lying. I confronted him on a few different lies.

When he knew I was going to change companies he was able to drop the rate to 3.75 and closing costs some. We had a pay off for the 12th of Jan which meant we had to be closed by the 9th to get it funded by the 12th. Again a lie that it would be done. I found out after going with another company that they didn't even order our number until the 7th of Jan. Needless to say they try to use the fact that they will refinance you for free if the rate drops any time you have the loan with them. They don't tell you that you still have to pay your escrow, mortgage insurance, title fees, doc fees and application fees. Same charges as now.

They lie constantly. We went through Lone Mortgage Steve ** out of Las Vegas. Cost us absolutely nothing to refinance, nothing on the back side of the loan, nothing out of pocket and a 3.75 interest rate. Steven stayed in contact with us weekly and we closed within 30 days. Easiest process ever. And we get to skip the first two payments. I would not recommend ClearPath Lending or anyone affiliated with this company. Go to Lone Mortgage and ask for Steve **. They are not commission based so no need to lie.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I called ClearPath lending and I was really comfortable with how the gentleman helped me. We were refinancing and their rep was really on it. He was in contact with me every day to let me know the progress of what was going on. Every time that I called him and asked any questions, he answered right away and I didn’t go to voicemail. I appreciated that and I was really impressed with him. One time I called him and he was out running with his wife, he stopped and took time for me. The application process was very easy. We were done with everything in three weeks, really quick.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Vickie! We always do our best to keep our clients updated during their refinance and we are so glad to know that's how it was for you! Thank you for your review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My experience with ClearPath was okay and I talked to their representatives, namely Kevin, Armand and a girl named Sean. The dealing I had with them was fine and they were all great, especially Sean and Armand. The only problem was I had to wait two months before I could do a new loan because I had a VA loan. Then they changed it to three months and then again to four months. I took their word that it was government changes and not ClearPath's fault. But it costed me money in the long run. Other than that, ClearPath is a good outfit to deal with and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I got a refinance from ClearPath Lending. They gave me a lot of talks and I had to get a good look at it, which didn’t turn out to be the truth. At that time, the paperwork didn’t turn out what they said it was. I called and left several messages and nobody responded back. I called the agent and he said that I must speak to the lender. It was more of principle like he told me my house payment would be different. Then he tried to explain to me that some things happen because of this and that and then he said if I don’t pay on time within six months, I will need a lawyer. He also told me not to call ever again. He had all the right answers but they weren't the truth. He was fine until I signed on.

Also, there was a lady from ClearPath who kept calling me by my first name. She said it was because they're doing business with me yet I told her she should not call me by my first name. I'm a military person so everybody calls me by another name. I then called her supervisor and he said he would deal with the problem. So the next time she called me, I told her not to call me anymore and she didn't call me for the last 40 days. Overall, I would not recommend ClearPath to anyone as they aren't very honest people.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We have been receiving refinance programs periodically Crom ClearPath about refinancing our VA loan and I decided to call them. The time was right. The application process was very good and went very smoothly. Everybody was a joy to work with and I like that they kept us very informed every step of the way. We’ve refinanced different mortgages at different times throughout our lives and their process was one of the easiest ones we’ve done. We completed the process in less than a month. Our loan officer, Joe, was very pleasant and great. He always followed through with what he said he was going to do. We had the most contact with him.

Joe was always responsive as compared to the other mortgage companies we’ve had where we can’t get a hold of anybody to respond to our inquiries. Everybody too was very responsive, whether it was in the loan department or the underwriters. They made it very easy for us to provide the information and we knew exactly what we had to do. It was a good experience and we would contact ClearPath again if we do refinancing.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi Lucy! It is so good to hear that your experience with us was helpful and positive! We look forward to being your lender for life, welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I just got a loan and thought it was a little high. In three months’ time, they changed it to two different people. I was looking to see what I could do and when I got a flyer in the mail from ClearPath Lending, I decided to call them and see what it was all about. I talked with John and we just kind of clicked. Everything worked out well during the application process. I hadn’t had the loan long enough to refinance and I had to have it. John kept in touch with me until it was the time that I could. As soon as we could do the refinance, he went ahead and did it then sent a guy out here for the papers.

The actual process took two months. John would contact me every week and would keep me informed on everything. And I had his cell number and his office number so if I had any questions, I just called him and he always answered. ClearPath did fine by me and they kept me informed and there weren’t any surprises. I'd have anybody who wants to get a loan call them.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Melvin! We are glad that once the time was right, your refinance process was smooth and successful. Thank you so much for leaving us a review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

ClearPath sounded like a good company when I was looking into getting a loan. I was impressed with my loan officer, Lily, who was very knowledgeable and very friendly. She was also easy to get a hold of through the process. The lending process started on September 9th and they sent me my credit score first. It was closed about three weeks ago. Right now, I’m a bit disappointed with ClearPath as they haven’t taken care of my refund that's about $1700. I got letters from the new servicer welcoming me and they said everything closed out but I have not seen it yet.

I talked to their customer service a couple of weeks ago and Cathy said it should be here very shortly. A couple of days later, she called me to tell me to skip January and February payments and that we’ll close in a week. But I already made the January payment since I haven’t heard from them for a while and because she told me that February and March were going to be skipped. She told me to skip February and they’ll refund me with the January payment. I got my Escrow refund of $400 right away but nothing on this yet. I just called Cathy a while ago and I couldn’t even get anybody. They said they would return the call in 24 hours but the way it sounded, it was kind of strange, it was business hours.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Everybody at ClearPath was very concerned, caring, and professional. We started working with them in July and they made our mortgage cheaper. They’re a very trusting company and we had a good experience with them.

ClearPath Lending response

Hi Cecelia! We are thrilled to know that we successfully helped you with your refinance needs! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and welcome to the ClearPath Lending family!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had another company I was going to refinance my home with recently and I had given this company almost all of the paperwork to have to go through with the process then they begin to ask me things that were stupid and things that made no particular sense to me. It just so happens that the appraisal on my home was done so I used that appraisal to apply for ClearPath Lending. They went through the process, didn’t ask for as much paperwork that didn’t make any sense and finished it quickly. I liked their attentiveness. Their rep was always available to answer questions and he never appeared bored about it if I called him to ask a question about whatever. That impressed me the most. ClearPath is a great company. It’s a company that’s going to be direct with you. They tell you exactly what they need and they’re not going to come back to ask for things that have no relevance and are difficult to get.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I called ClearPath Lending because I was refinancing my house. I got their 30-year fixed loan rate at about 3.2%. The guy I dealt with was pretty cool and very knowledgeable. He was straightforward and was pretty good at what he was saying. I got his name written down so if I ever call, I'll deal with him. It was a pleasant experience so far and I have no complaints.

ClearPath Lending response

Hello Terrence! We are always happy to hear about our clients' good experiences. We appreciate your review and welcome to the ClearPath family!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We were looking to lower our payment from the original loan that we had. ClearPath had the lowest rate so we did an ARM loan with them. I called them and they gave me the list of forms that I would need to send them. We happened to have everything on hand so we were closed and everything was ready to go in two weeks. The loan officer was very helpful. He called me all the time and returned my calls or emails if I didn’t get a hold of him when I tried to. Also, ClearPath has a good rewards program where they’ll monitor the rates and let us know if the rates are lower or if we can get a better deal. So I really like it and they’re not done with us once we got a loan through them, they continue to monitor things for us and help us out. I’ve already told a couple of my friends to go online and check them out.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I wanted to lower my monthly payment and ClearPath Lending had the lowest APR. The process for my refinance was seamless. I had a good experience with my loan officer and I would tell others to give ClearPath a try.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I was looking to refinance and lower my interest rate. ClearPath was the first one I contacted and the rates were right where I wanted so I ended up with a VA hybrid loan with them. I called them up, went through the approval process, and within two weeks, everything was approved and taken care of. They helped out a lot and were good with the paperwork and getting back to me when I needed information. They kept me up-to-date on where we were with the process. They also called me after it was approved and followed up with me to make sure everything was good to go and to my satisfaction. Everything went smoothly and they were able to get back to me in a timely manner when I had questions. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

ClearPath sent flyers that I got through the mail saying about refi and information on how much money one can get and how much would be the payment. I liked the interest rate and the fact that the loan was a VA. I also went to their website and read some of the comments where majority of them were positive, so I decided to take a chance. I called them up and talked to a guy named Cliff. I went and gave him information and then I started emailing him documents that he wanted. A few weeks later, I talked to Mario and he took over. Again, I exchanged information and gave them the documents that they wanted. I liked Mario and he did an excellent job for us. He was friendly and called back every time I called him so I was happy about it.

When Mario was not there, I talked to his manager. His manager was polite and helpful. He also got back to me and gave me information that I needed and it was a good experience. The only thing that I didn't like during the process was the appraiser that we had to deal with. She delayed our loan because of things that we had to do to the house. She took pictures and showed me what to do so I did it. Then instead of taking the pictures of what I did, she started looking for some other stuff to be painted and it was very frustrating. Other than that, everything was smooth and they did the signing of the papers very quickly. I got a 30-year loan and took $20,000 up in cash. I would recommend them because Mario really did a really good job for us.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

ClearPath Lending was a pretty streamlined type thing. It was quick and easy. Everything was done online and whatever needed to be physically signed was signed and then we sent that in. When we finish three months of on-time paying then there is this reproduction, but it doesn’t have to be the whole process of a refinance.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We were looking for a reduced interest rate because we had a higher one. ClearPath Lending was coming down on theirs, so we went with them. Plus, they seemed like they would work with the veterans more and they did. They looked up and made sure that we got all the veterans benefits with it. They made sure that we got the lower interest and that we didn't have to pay for any appraisal. The property tax in California for a 100% disabled veteran is a reduced rate and ClearPath Lending made sure all of that got transferred over.

We did a lot of the application process over the phone and it was really easy and fast. We had refinanced several years ago and it was really long and there was a lot of paperwork. This one with ClearPath was reduced. They were willing to keep up with us daily by phone or email and answer any questions we have along the way like when the appraiser would show up and what time. Then, they called right after the appraiser left to make sure we were satisfied. My experience with their loan officer was perfect. He followed up every day making sure we were still on track and everything was going right. I had an excellent experience overall. Keep on doing what you are doing, ClearPath.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I wanted to refinance with a lower interest rate and I've been dealing with ClearPath for a while now. They had the best deal and the process only took a couple of weeks. Their rep who helped me took care of everything and did great. He was very helpful, informative, friendly, and answered all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I contacted ClearPath and they were very professional and received all my calls in a timely manner. Everything was done on time with no hiccups and I was very pleased with the experience. It was super easy to apply because I was a veteran. Also, the loan officer was awesome. He gave me a bunch of options and figured out what was best for me. He was available for questions whenever I needed it. When I contacted them, he got back to me within 24 hours to let me know everything that was available to me. We decided on a loan and he sent me the paperwork. I filled everything out back to back. And within 48 hours, I was approved. After a week, I had a notary come to my residence and we went over the contract. I signed it and she notarized it and sent it off. And then within 24 hours, I was notified that the loan was funded, and everything was good to go.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I decided to buy some property so I went looking at different places for different interest rates and different ways of going about it. I fired the first three lenders because I didn’t feel they were being straightforward with me and I was introduced to Craig of ClearPath Lending. He was more forthcoming. The application process for the loan wasn’t difficult because the 30 year VA loan I got is a guaranteed loan. Craig kept me apprised of what was going on as it was occurring. Also, the loan officers were excellent. If I asked a question, they were able to answer every time I call or they call back. And when we played phone tag, we knew each other and where we were at in the conversation. They were good people but I didn’t know them personally since we were doing business across the phone. Plus, one of ClearPath's promises is that if my loan ever drops to a point where it is to my advantage, they will contact me and make arrangements.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

ClearPath treated me well and there were no lies. I refinanced with them and the application process went well. The loan officer Scott was pretty upfront and it was smooth sailing. The process took a month. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was ready to buy a house and I started getting mails saying that I applied for the low refinance. I talked to quite a few different people and Anthony from ClearPath was good to work with so I went with him. In the beginning, he was persistent. He followed up a lot more than anybody else did. Once we got past that initial point, he was awesome. He was patient, answered every question I had, and was very knowledgeable. That was great to me. There was one loan where I could have gotten into and getting into the 225 rate might have been a good idea then have it adjusted to get it up to two years. But then, I wanted to build up the one time fixed rate and not have to deal with it any more. That was what Anthony focused on and it was smooth sailing from there. It was pretty quick, too. Anthony did a great job and I would like to use him again if I sell this place and buy another one at some point.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I got a letter in the mail from ClearPath Lending so I called to find out and then spoke with them. I ended up getting a VA refinancing with them. The process was very easy. They ran my credit and told me what I would be able to afford. We moved forward and it was done in about two weeks. Their service was good and I like it. Their reps were polite and I am impressed with the knowledge that they had on the subject. I would recommend ClearPath Lending to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We weren't originally looking for a refinancing, but we did it because of a better rate. Applying for a VA loan with ClearPath Lending wasn't very long. It was a three-week process. They went through all the paperwork and they sent somebody out to the house. And then, we signed the paperwork.

ClearPath Lending Company Information

clearpathlending.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use