Call toll free
4.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

704 ClearPath Lending Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

ClearPath Lending gave me very good rates and my experience with them went really smoothly. They told me exactly what they wanted, I gave it to them and things went well. Their application process was easy and took a few weeks. Plus, the loan officer was very competent and helpful. I'd tell friends to check out ClearPath Lending.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I went online and read the reviews, and I decided to try ClearPath Lending. During the refinance process, everything was step-by-step instructions and it was on point. Everything went smoothly. The rep knew what he was talking about. It made it more comfortable knowing in the beginning everything that we need to do or sign or how long we have to wait. The guy took over my other contact and it was not so much as selling the company but it was educational. He let me know what I needed to do and put me on the right path to what I need to look for so, I was pleased. It was a good experience and I would highly recommend anyone going to this. They'll make sure they can answer every question you ask even if it’s nothing and even if it’s against not signing with them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Absolutely sick of the unsolicited mail from this company, with their lies and false promises. How does someone that has never been in the military qualify for a VA loan? Your predators and should be run out of business.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I spoke to Omar from ClearPath and he made me feel at ease. He took care of me, and made me feel comfortable. I was very skeptical about shady stuff and he made me trust the company. The application process was also easy and quick. His assistant also reached out and let me know, if I had any questions and I couldn’t reach Omar, I could talk to her. The process was better than what I expected. I'm very happy with them. Being that I had identity theft, I'm really funny about doing stuff like that. So I would refer a friend but I would refer her or him to Omar.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was refinancing my house and ClearPath Lending has a small interest rate. I applied and the process was very smooth. The rep was good too. He called me every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to make sure everything’s good and I was up to date with everything. Every question I had was answered. If not right then and there, they’d call me back later on and let me know. Everything throughout was perfect. It’s a good deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I got my mortgage through ClearPath as everybody else was denying me. They walked me through step by step and it was easy. They were very courteous, sweet and nice. I was satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was looking to refi at the time and I was getting the runaround by a different company. The girl I dealt with from ClearPath, Lily, was on top of everything and she was phenomenal. Every part of the process was perfect and they had most of everything ready to go.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

ClearPath Lending's application process was simple and their loan officer was good. But every time he called, it was hard to hear him. I could make out what he was saying but he was more on the low end where I couldn’t hear anything.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When I was looking for a mortgage company, I got a flier from ClearPath who was pretty persistent. The loan officer was excellent and very informative. The application was painless and it took about 30 days for me to get my check in my hands. There was no hassle or frustration. It was pretty cut and dried, just the way I liked it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My interest rate is high on my house and I was looking into lowering it. ClearPath didn’t lower it too much like I thought they would, but the market didn’t go up, so it’s lower than when I had it. They lowered $11 on my payment, but $11 in the long run is a lot. The guy that I worked with was right on top of things. I asked him some questions here and there, and if he didn’t have the answer, his manager did. The application process was also really good. They told me I didn’t have to do too much. They had everything in file and it was just sign here, sign there, and I was on the way. Then one thing that I liked was they said they would call me when the interest score is even lower, and I’m looking forward to that.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The application process at ClearPath was easy and their loan officer was nice. I would recommend the person I talked to all the time.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I got my house refinanced with ClearPath Lending and I’m pleased with what they did for me. The application process took 40 days. The rep was good, professional and he got it done. The rates and terms were fair and I’m satisfied with my experience with ClearPath.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

This is the second loan I’ve done through ClearPath in the last two years. The original one was convoluted. There was a lot of documents and a lot of explanations for this and that. On the other hand, the more recent one went so quickly. This time, I think they had the process down. It was awesome and smooth. They walked me through the process and explained to me what they needed. If a form needed to be filled out, they had it electronically.

There was a couple of glitches here and there, mainly because my hours are so weird. But once we got the communications down, everything was great. If I had a question, they answered it either via email, text message or by phone. If I called and left a message, they would call me right back. They were great to work with and I really enjoyed it. Plus, when I was talking to the original Bill, I felt comfortable. People should check ClearPath Lending out because they have good personnel and they seem to care.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

ClearPath Lending lowered my interest rate and eventually, it'd make a long term impact. During the application process, a few things changed along the way, but it was fine. Their loan officer returned my phone calls when I asked him to. He was clear and prompt. ClearPath is a good company. They’ll work with you and will try to help you out if they can.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Now that I’m with ClearPath Lending I like their program better. The application process was easy. I did most of it over the phone. Everything was fine with their loan officer. They were professional and answered all my questions. They were very helpful for any questions that I have. ClearPath would be a great lending company to look into.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

ClearPath Lending has a formal application process. They sent me stuff and I filled out everything online. The rep I worked with was great. I'll be happy to work with him again. He was very interested in helping. I would refer friends to that person.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

ClearPath sent me something in the mail that was appealing to what I wanted to do. Also, when I called them and talked to George, the loan officer, he was very good, very sharp, and knowledgeable for me. That's why I decided to go with ClearPath. Their application process was easy and they walked me through it. I talked to them over the phone and it was a really smooth transition. The process took more or less 20 minutes and since everything went smoothly, I'm 100% satisfied. They are doing a great job and they should keep doing it because that's what it's all about in the business.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

One of the advisers of ClearPath was helpful and everything went well. When I spoke to ClearPath, the guy gave me the options to lower the monthly payment, and lower the term on years. So that was the reason I said okay. The application process was super easy. It was two months in general because I didn’t process the 210 days. So we start the paperwork. It was the FHA and I have to keep that loan for seven months. After the seven months passed by, they called me back and said, “Okay, we can start doing the second phase.” Even when they changed from one officer to another one, they sent me emails. They called me to present their self. ClearPath is a good option. If somebody needs a loan, 100% I would recommend ClearPath.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

When I first refinance this house and I should've gone with a locked-in rate when I went to streamline. So I had to refinance again. Streamline didn’t do me any good like I thought it would. The application process was easy. The loan officer I dealt with was very helpful and answered all of my questions. We had the differences about the rate increase because I was in a streamline so I wanted them for 2.5%. I got a reasonable rate and it was something I can live with. Everything went smoothly, and the experience was quick. I'm really satisfied and I'd recommend ClearPath to someone else.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

The people at ClearPath really worked with me and they explained everything to me. I went with a VA loan and the application process was simple and easy. The officer that I worked with was cool. He gave me his regular cell to call him if I had any troubles and he was very sincere about my wife having cancer. I like ClearPath and I hope I get another loan from them one day.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had a pleasant experience with ClearPath. The application process wasn’t difficult and they offered a good rate. They are willing to go above and beyond for their customers. Chris, the gentleman that I worked with, was really willing to take his time to explain the whole process and make sure that I understood everything. He worked with me to get the loan taken care of. Even though I was out of town, ClearPath was able to send the notary to me so we can close the loan.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've already gotten two loans from ClearPath and they couldn't be a better company to work with. They deliver what they say. Once you start with them, if you do any types of loans or refinancing after that, the process is very smooth and easy. For my most recent one, Richard was the gentleman who walked me through everything and got everything initiated. He did an amazing job. I was informed along the way and when there was any type of changes or potential delays, I was notified right away. The loan was handled very quickly and everything went very smoothly. The process from start to finish took three weeks, which wasn't very long at all.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

It seemed like a good opportunity to refinance and I started going with ClearPath. The guys that I was working with did a pretty good job. They were complete and easy to work with. The application process took about two months and I had a pretty positive experience with ClearPath.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I had a loan that was adjustable and I was concerned when the rates started going up that my mortgage would go up. I had a couple of invitations and ClearPath looked the best. I got a VA loan and it was good when I was applying. It was fairly easy and I had a pretty good experience with the guy that introduced me to ClearPath. He seemed very efficient and he gave me the information that I had desired which turned out to be correct.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I wanted to do a refinance. I was not satisfied with my previous lender and I checked with ClearPath. I also checked a few more people but ClearPath was the only one willing to work with me, so I went with them. They were excellent and their application process was easy and simple. I dealt with the loan officer, Helena, and her supervisor, Michael. They both were terrific, answered all my questions, and were very knowledgeable. I also talked to Karen and she was good, too. They did great and I wouldn't change a thing on how they did anything. I'm very satisfied with ClearPath.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I got a letter in the mail about ClearPath Lending and I called in about it. I wanted a a lower monthly payment and they had an adjustable rate, so I signed up with them. Then I called in again for the second time to get on to a fixed rate because they told me that I would become a loyalty customer and whatever fee I paid the first time, I wouldn't have to pay again. Their application process was easy and most of it was through my phone. The digital signatures was pretty good and convenient, too. The title person that came out signed all the paperwork and was flexible with my hours. He came at 7 o'clock at night and things worked out.

While everything was going on, the rep I worked with was in Hawaii and they had tropical storms going on. But even with that, he was still in contact with me a lot and getting back to me. I don’t like having to chase people for information and the entire time, he was calling me and getting me the information that I would have asked him for. He stayed a step ahead of me the whole time and he was awesome. I have friends who are looking to do a mortgage, too, and I would pass ClearPath ahead to them. The best part about using them was that it was all effortless and I barely had to do anything.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Jim, the ClearPath salesperson who called me, was easy-going and easy to talk to. He wasn’t pushy and he explained he could save me money and of course, that’s always a good incentive. He is also honest and he didn't exaggerate things. I’ve had a lot of mortgage loans in my past and ClearPath's application process was about the same as the usual process. But it seemed like there was less paperwork involved, which is a good thing. Going with ClearPath lowered my payment for $100 a month and it came at a time when I had to skip a payment, which was a good thing. I also got a little bit of return on my escrow. I would recommend ClearPath and Jim to other people that want mortgages.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

ClearPath Lending was one of the places that the Veteran Homeowners recommended. So, I decided to apply for a renewal with them. It was a lot easier than a regular home loan because all they needed to do was run my credit and I didn't have to fix anything because my credit was decent. Then the longest part was waiting on the person to come sign on everything. The reps I worked with were good and really friendly. If I had any questions, they answered it right then and there. And if they didn't know the answer, they found out, called me back, and let me know. So they were very helpful. ClearPath was also very veteran-oriented. They were able to get my loan rate down to make sure that I got approved and everything else. I would recommend them and I would go through them again.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

ClearPath had lower interest rates compared to other lenders, so I went with ClearPath and got a VA loan. The application process was a good experience. Joe, the loan officer was very considerate and mannerable. He stayed in touch with me and let me know how things were going. For my birthday, on the paperwork that he sent here, he sent a big, nice sheet in the front that said, "Happy birthday" and had a nice bible verse on there. I thought that was really good..

I found out, however, that ClearPath's interest rate wasn't the lower one. It was the ARM and the rate was good for only a year, after which it would go back up. When another guy called me and was telling me about it, I didn't even know that I had an ARM that's adjustable. I didn't realize that because I didn't know anything about the ARM, and I wasn't told that that was gonna happen. That kinda made me mad and I really wanted to call Joe but I didn't have the number then. Still, he was a very perfect gentleman.

I just feel that when you're in a customer service business, the customer is first, and you should tell them everything. Joe should've told me all that was going to happen and that after my time was up, the interest rate could go up. Then I wouldn't have been able to even stay in my house. I just got the rate changed and I'll start my first payment on December. That gave me a lower interest rate where I was happy with what I had. But now, I'm back up like a $100 and some, so I have to make changes again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I was wanting to refinance and the numbers were more appealing for ClearPath than any other lender. I applied for a loan with them and it was painless, quick, and easy. It was easier than my first go-round. I dragged on when I was first getting financing for a house, but ClearPath's process was a lot faster and smoother. They were always friendly and informative. I worked with Lily and she was really good. She kept in touch and gave me updates on the regular. Now I have a lower mortgage payment, so working with them has a positive impact on me so far. I would recommend them.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information