Learn More
  2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.89/5

Clearpath Lending is a nationwide mortgage lender committed to going above and beyond to satisfy its clients’ mortgage needs. Customer satisfaction is the driving principle behind ClearPath’s lending practices. ClearPath consistently prioritizes its clients’ financial goals by providing the most beneficial mortgage solutions available.

ClearPath Lending NMLS #936436

www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lender's license CFL #603J783

View More View More
ClearPath Lending Call Now Toll Free (855) 866-5363 Learn More

ClearPath Lending Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2020

When I got a letter from ClearPath in the mail, I looked up their reviews online and they had good reviews. I couldn't find anything negative about them, so I went ahead and gave them a shot. The rep was very informative and professional. I explained to him that I didn't know what I was getting myself into and he was great. I never refinanced before and he was open about everything, so I liked him a lot. There was great communication too. However, a lady came to my house to do all the paperwork and she was trying to rush through things. She also seemed to think that I had to mail in a check to a certain address to pay the mortgage, but she didn't leave the paperwork out with the address. She could’ve been a little bit more helpful. I got a stack of papers that are two inches thick and I got lost in there.

Instead of even rummaging through that again, I happened to get online to check if I could pay online because I was able to pay with my last bank. I thought it’d be standard by now and luckily, it was. I could pay online my first-time mortgage payment and set up automatic payments. It’s nice to know I could’ve done that right off the bat instead of stressing about having to find that piece of paper to mail out a check.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and want to thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I received a lot of letters in the mail and one of them was from ClearPath Lending. When I called and I spoke to Jim, he was a little more convincing and sounded a little more knowledgeable. He made me a little more comfortable with dealing with him. He returned my calls when I did have questions and he was able to answer them. He listened versus dominating the conversation so it was more of a dialogue versus him being the only one talking. There was a lot of paperwork and although this was my second time going through this whole process, that was a little overwhelming. But that's something that you just have to do when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars in a loan.

I also had a problem where my previous company had paid my property tax and ClearPath Lending was going to pay it. But they sent the money over after it was paid so it was already calculated into my mortgage. I had to do the process of getting that money back versus ClearPath Lending doing it. I didn't think that there was a process to retrieve that $4,000 from the lawyer's office, so I had to make sure it was returned to me, the person. I had to seek it out on my own. In the event that that ever happens again, ClearPath should have a better tracking system on how to get the money back. There should be a way to ensure that you follow up with that process. It wasn't like they didn't know about it or that it could not occur. They knew that it was a possibility that they would pay second to the mortgage company I was already with. That system right there was broke.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are happy to be of service to you! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

When I received a letter from ClearPath Lending, I forwarded it to my previous mortgage lender. The letter told me about how they could reduce my APR and about me being able to save a couple of mortgage payments. The woman who did the initial purchase of the home said that the letter was not accurate and that it was too good to be true. Then when I received a letter a second time, I called ClearPath Lending.

When I initially called the number, my information was taken and forwarded to a loan officer. Jose was out in California and there was a four-hour timezone difference, but he called me back promptly. Initially, he asked what I think my credit score was gonna be. I told him and he asked for two additional documents, one of which was my DD 214. He was straightforward and told me what they can offer and how fast it takes. Initially, I thought that the VA had to come out and reassess my home. But he said that the process was streamlined, which was what sold me on it. Then he sent me a couple more electronic documents to sign. After that, I got a call from Andrea from underwriting. From start to finish, the process took about 15 days.

Once it was all said and done, the loan officer from my previous loan called me and said that she saw that my loan was paid off. She said that she wished that I called her first. When I asked why, she said that she could've saved me at least 1,000 because she wouldn't have had to roll in the escrow into my loan to open up a new escrow account. She said that clearPath would've had to roll in more escrow money into my loan. I didn't know anything about that, but other than that, everything was equivalent.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for your review of ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to have worked with you! Welcome to the ClearPath family.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We got an offer to rate reduction from our current mortgage company, and it’s a kinda funny story. Our current mortgage lender sent us a letter saying, “Hey, we’ll offer you a rate reduction down to three point something. It’ll lower your mortgage a 100 bucks.” We didn’t wanna draw out any equity. So, I figured, "That's a no-brainer there. We’ll do that.” I filled out all the paperwork. But we got to month four and I found out it was like, “Okay, it’s been long enough.” They kept telling me it got snaggled in title. I even called the courthouse, and there was nothing in title.

So I told myself, “Let me just start checking around for other mortgage companies.” My current one is dragging their feet for some reason. I got a hold of ClearPath through an online thing, and I didn’t know we can do it. They were like, “Well, you could actually skip two mortgage notes and then you can get your escrow check back, and then you could start your first month’s loan next year, 2020, January." I thought that sounds pretty good during the person’s holidays. And that’s what I did. The paperwork came in online. We e-signed everything. Everything has been smooth, and I already got the escrow check back.

One thing the guy from ClearPath didn’t tell me is that they weren’t gonna be the servicing mortgage company. They kick me back to my original mortgage company, which I thought was funny because my current mortgage company was calling me saying, “Hey, we don’t wanna lose your business.” And so I called the guy back. He just said that normally if they refinance you from one company, they usually don’t send you back to that one. He said that it was rare that he’s heard them sending you back to the same mortgage company.

With ClearPath, everything was online and everything was smooth. I heard back from them, and the title went smoothly. The closing went fine, too. The only thing that was confusing for me is I’m now with the same mortgage company, but I have two different loan numbers. I have a lot of old paperwork, and I still have paperwork coming in saying, “We missed the December note,” or “My house was paid off on November.” And also when I call them, they have old data and then I have to explain to them, “Okay, I had that mortgage. I refinanced with another company. Y’all are serving me.” So, I have to go through that spiel. It would have been easier if somebody would have caught that and just sent me to a different mortgage company. It would be less confusing for me, but it’s okay. I still got a lower note.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending, we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We're loyal customers of ClearPath and we've gone through the process with them a couple of times. They’ve been a great staff and every year, we got a Christmas or Thanksgiving card, where there would be all handwritten signatures from the staff saying have a happy holiday and thank for you being loyal customers. They’ve also always contacted us when the rates were going down or it was a good time for us to see if we wanted to refinance what our house was worth type of thing. And the times that they’ve called, my husband would say that we were gonna do what they suggested. They're kinda keeping an eye on out for us and we've always worked with them within the last six years. If they don’t reach us by phone, they contact us by email. And we've always been able to contact them at any time. They’ve been a really good firm to work with on our part and we haven’t changed for that reason.

They’ve kind of walked us through the process and have given us days if we needed to get some things done. They also worked with us as to what's the quickest and best way for us to do it type of thing. The process has always been really well and being that we've been customers with them for a few years now, the process has been a lot easier because they already have our information and it doesn’t really change that much for us as far as income and so forth. So the process has been very smooth for us.

In fact, when we refinanced last time, we got a few dollars out. Also, our house's value has been going up every year, which has been a blessing for us, and since our son is getting married next year, ClearPath told us that in the next six months, if we wanted to refinance close into the wedding, we'd be able to get some money out so we could enjoy the wedding. They're having a destination wedding and we're gonna need a few dollars to take with us. So, our intention is to do that next year. ClearPath also told us that they'd work with us on the house appraisal and so far, everybody that we've worked with have been really attentive to us. So, we're very happy with ClearPath.

ClearPath Lending response

Thank you for reviewing ClearPath Lending. We are so happy to be your lender! Thank you for being a part of the ClearPath family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I dealt with Keith from ClearPath Lending and he was amazing. He was super-efficient and really fast, too. I was working the whole time and I barely had to do anything. My experience with him was really good because it was over the Thanksgiving holiday and I was able to text or call or email him. He was out of the office for that break but he got right back to me. At the time, I was out of the office as well and he was still able to do all that. And he got it closed right before Christmas. Also, I was going through a divorce at the time, so I was trying to refinance my loan then get it into my own name, and Keith was very easy to work with.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We used ClearPath before and now we got them for a refi. The reps were really quick to respond and always been friendly. They never kept me waiting for anything so it’s been good. The application process was easy. This time, it took around two or three weeks. I’ve actually sent people to ClearPath before.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I’ve been with ClearPath for about five years. I refinanced with them twice and this time, it took about the regular amount of time. We started the process early January and we closed in February. ClearPath’s reps are very efficient and they keep in touch. They walk you along the whole process. I didn’t feel I was lacking information. I enjoyed working with Queenie and the other gentleman. Other than getting it closed early, everything was okay.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I’ve been working with ClearPath for so long and I’ve refinanced several times with them. Their knowledge was excellent and they got through the processes very quickly. It was wonderful with ClearPath.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I had Bret from ClearPath before. I chose them again and kept him. I refinanced with them. The entire process did not take long at all. It felt like about a month. ClearPath respected me and took care of my problems. I'd go back to them if I ever consider it again.

ClearPath Lending NMLS # 936436 expert review by Michele Lerner

This privately owned mortgage lender offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.

• Today’s rates: Use the online tool to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote.

• Loan options: Loan options include 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage. Learn more about each type of mortgage on the website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.

• Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out the online refinance tool.

• Apply online: The online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. After receiving the application, a representative will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process.

• Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short online form. This pre-approval letter indicates how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates are available.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

ClearPath Lending Company Information