3.9/5 (459 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Lakeview Loan Servicing

Lakeview Loan Servicing is a company that works with mortgage lenders to handle loan payments. The company can also help you find loan refinancing and home purchase options. Sometimes the company partners with other servicers to handle payments, customer service and more. The Lakeview Loan Servicing website is light on detailed information regarding its services. But there are some helpful tools, such as a payment calculator and a moving checklist.

Pros

• Licensed in 49 states and D.C.
  • Refinancing and purchase help
  • Experienced loan servicer

Cons

• Limited information on website
  • Not available in New York

Bottom Line

Lakeview Loan Servicing is one of the largest loan servicers in the U.S., processing payments, managing escrow and providing support. It also offers refinancing and purchase options. Customers get a free mortgage review.

What is Lakeview Loan Servicing?

Lakeview Loan Servicing is one of the largest mortgage loan servicers in the country, helping more than 1.4 million customers annually in all states except New York. As a servicer, it processes payments, manages escrow and provides expert customer service.

Lakeview Loan Servicing says streamlined loan processing, low interest rates and friendly, expert service separate it from other servicers, but there is little on the company’s website to back up these claims.

How does Lakeview Loan Servicing work?

Lakeview Loan Servicing collects payments from homeowners, manages escrow and provides customer support to homeowners. It partners with other loan servicers, such as LoanCare, M&T Bank, Flagstar Bank, Cenlar and others.

Lakeview can help you purchase a home or refinance an existing mortgage to lower monthly payments or get cash out. It can also assist customers with getting a home equity loan. The process for purchasing or refinancing with Lakeview starts with a free consultation, which you can set up by calling the company or submitting your information online.

Lakeview Loan Servicing rates

Lakeview Loan Servicing doesn’t list rates on its website. It does, however, make the general claim that it has “low interest rates.”

The best way to find out about Lakeview’s rates is to call and set up a complimentary mortgage review. If you're purchasing a home, a purchase specialist will evaluate your credit and budget and collect documents for the preapproval process. If you're refinancing, a mortgage loan expert will ask questions about your existing loan and financial goals.

Lakeview Loan Servicing FAQ

Who owns Lakeview Loan Servicing?
Lakeview is part of Bayview Companies, which includes Bayview Asset Management, an investment management firm.
Is Lakeview Loan Servicing the same as LoanCare?
No, Lakeview Loan Servicing in some cases partners with LoanCare, which is a subservicer and services loans on Lakeview’s behalf.
Does Lakeview Loan Servicing offer refinance loans?
Lakeview Loan Servicing doesn’t itself offer refinance loans, but it can advise you on your refinancing options. The company offers a free review to evaluate your existing mortgage and financial goals and help you find a lender.
Where is Lakeview Loan Servicing located?
Lakeview Loan Servicing is based in Coral Gables, Florida. There are also branches in:
  • Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Horsham, Pennsylvania
  • Charlotte, North Carolina
  • Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Henderson, Nevada

Is Lakeview Loan Servicing legit?

Lakeview Loan Servicing says it is the fourth largest mortgage loan servicer in the country, working with over 1.4 million homeowners every year. It lists licensing information for 49 states and Washington, D.C., on its website, which you can verify through your state’s regulator. If you're thinking about using Lakeview as a source of information regarding purchasing a home or refinancing an existing mortgage, start by calling and asking for a free consultation. Compare its service and loan options with those from other brokers and lenders before making a decision about a home loan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lakeview Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lakeview Loan Servicing?

Original review: May 14, 2022

This company, Lakeview loan servicing, made mistakes on report my credit to credit bureau and did a lousy job of reviewing the errors. The whole process of correcting my credit report took 5 months to complete. At the end, Lakeview agree to adjust my credit report, but refuse to admit that it had made mistakes. The escalating team also said they take responsibility of the mistakes and errors they have had. They are just Bad company and bad people. I wished they would suffer the consequences, once they come across people like themselves.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Had to fill out unauthorized debit paper at bank for a payment they sent a week before scheduled, called them, they were no help at all, in fact they sent the payment again immediately, causing me to pay fines at my bank. I called them again and went thru issue with someone, got put on hold and then transferred to someone else and had to start over, even verifying who I was. This service is horrible, can't wait to be able to refinance elsewhere. Not first issue with them, I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I did not choose Lakeview Loan Servicing. It was chosen for me by the mortgage company that my loan is with, No matter when I call, I get stuck in an endless robo-prompt loop and never actually speak to a customer service representative. When I email my concerns, they never respond. They obviously don't care about their customers unless, of course, you fail to pay your payment or they want more business and/or money from you. Then you receive non-stop calls regarding refinancing with them directly. As if I would even if someone paid me to. Then they get offended when you tell them to bugger off for the 40th time because you're not interested in the ** they are trying to get you to buy into. Do yourself a favor - if your lender uses this servicing company RUN AWAY. If you can, refinance with another.

Hi Tracey,

We appreciate your feedback and do apologize in advance. Our Issue Resolutions team will reach out to you to assist with the respective servicing company handling your day-to-day servicing on behalf of Lakeview. In the meantime, please contact us at issueresolutions@lakeview.com or call us at 855-880-2062 if you have any questions.

Original review: April 13, 2022

My loan was incorrectly transferred and the contact information was wrong. As a result I was not notified of the change and my credit score was damaged due to late payments. The company literally doesn't give a care. They should be renamed Lakeview LoanDontCare.

Original review: April 2, 2022

1) Lakeview Loan Servicing had a data breach in early December 2021 that released all of my personal info - including social security # and did not notify until April 1, 2022. Four months??? Unacceptable. 2) Prior to this notification I was working with them on a refi. Throughout a month long process their finance information changed FOUR times from loan amount to closing costs. Emails didn’t match loan estimates, numbers didn’t match in the SAME documents. I dropped out. Two days later the notice of the breach arrived. Thank God I bailed when I did. Unfortunately they are the servicer for my actual loan company so I’m stuck with them in that regard.

Lakeview Loan Servicing response

Lakeview takes all matters very seriously regarding customer’s information. Please contact Lakeview’s Issues Resolutions team for any questions you may have. We are here to help. Please contact us at issueresolutions@lakeview.com or call us at 855-880-2062.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I received a data breach notification letter on 3/29/22 that I was identified on 1/31/22 as having my name, address, loan number, and social security number compromised. Irresponsible behavior for a company holding a vast amount of sensitive personal data. It shows their priorities and lack of care for their customers. Unfortunately, my loan was sold to Lakeview Loan Servicing but I certainly wouldn't make a conscientious decision to work with them in any way.

Original review: March 8, 2022

This company is a joke. I didn't pick this company. My loan was sold to them from Rocket Mortgage. I didn't receive a bill from Lakeview until 3/1/22 saying that I owed for Feb. Then I have basically two weeks to make my march payment. When I reached out to find out why all I got was, "Too bad. Make your payment!" There is nothing I can do without refinancing. Stay away from this company!

Hello Jason,

Lakeview sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please contact us at issueresolutions@lakeview.com or call us at 855-880-2062 at your earliest convenience, so we can better understand your account situation to escalate and address your concerns with the respective servicing company involved; we want to help! As Lakeview does not service any mortgage loans ourselves, we need to identify your loan account and which particular servicing company is handling this. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Every time I dealt with this company it was frustration. I ALWAYS had to wait for someone to answer the phone. They could very rarely help me with the problem that I was trying to address. My latest problem, I refinanced the loan. It was paid off with Lakeview yet they still withdrew the monthly payment. Then they could not refund my money back without a lengthy process. It is 3 weeks to get my money back. The representative was smug and not interested in finding a solution. They don't care because it's not their money. They are just there doing a job. During the COVID slow down I lost my job. I applied for forgiveness but found another job in time to make my payments. It took them months to believe I had never missed a payment. They showed me in default even though I paid on time every month. This company does not care about the clients!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Our VA mortgage ended up with Lakeview after sold on the secondary market from the original bank, we didn't pick them. That said, we requested to remove escrow so we could pay our taxes ourselves and hold onto our money. It took 4 months for them to do this. Repeatedly asking for the same documentation over and over. This last month we were going to take advantage of the VA IRRRL refi to lower Iower our rate, moving from 3.25 to 2.375%. Everything moved along well until the document processing, each time the documents were different. Incorrect remaining payoff balance, incorrect escrow info as there wasn't one, points added that weren't disclosed. Every time we asked for corrections or explanations we got NOTHING. So we withdrew. I asked why all this happened and the loan officer chose to just not respond. This company is a joke, run don't walk away from these guys.

Lakeview Loan Servicing Company Information