About Lakeview Loan Servicing

Lakeview Loan Servicing is a company that works with mortgage lenders to handle loan payments. The company can also help you find loan refinancing and home purchase options. Sometimes the company partners with other servicers to handle payments, customer service and more. The Lakeview Loan Servicing website is light on detailed information regarding its services. But there are some helpful tools, such as a payment calculator and a moving checklist.

Pros

• Licensed in 49 states and D.C.
  • Refinancing and purchase help
  • Experienced loan servicer

Cons

• Limited information on website
  • Not available in New York

Bottom Line

Lakeview Loan Servicing is one of the largest loan servicers in the U.S., processing payments, managing escrow and providing support. It also offers refinancing and purchase options. Customers get a free mortgage review.

What is Lakeview Loan Servicing?

Lakeview Loan Servicing is one of the largest mortgage loan servicers in the country, helping more than 1.4 million customers annually in all states except New York. As a servicer, it processes payments, manages escrow and provides expert customer service.

Lakeview Loan Servicing says streamlined loan processing, low interest rates and friendly, expert service separate it from other servicers, but there is little on the company’s website to back up these claims.

How does Lakeview Loan Servicing work?

Lakeview Loan Servicing collects payments from homeowners, manages escrow and provides customer support to homeowners. It partners with other loan servicers, such as LoanCare, M&T Bank, Flagstar Bank, Cenlar and others.

Lakeview can help you purchase a home or refinance an existing mortgage to lower monthly payments or get cash out. It can also assist customers with getting a home equity loan. The process for purchasing or refinancing with Lakeview starts with a free consultation, which you can set up by calling the company or submitting your information online.

Lakeview Loan Servicing rates

Lakeview Loan Servicing doesn’t list rates on its website. It does, however, make the general claim that it has “low interest rates.”

The best way to find out about Lakeview’s rates is to call and set up a complimentary mortgage review. If you're purchasing a home, a purchase specialist will evaluate your credit and budget and collect documents for the preapproval process. If you're refinancing, a mortgage loan expert will ask questions about your existing loan and financial goals.

Lakeview Loan Servicing FAQ

Lakeview is part of Bayview Companies, which includes Bayview Asset Management, an investment management firm.
No, Lakeview Loan Servicing in some cases partners with LoanCare, which is a subservicer and services loans on Lakeview’s behalf.
Lakeview Loan Servicing doesn’t itself offer refinance loans, but it can advise you on your refinancing options. The company offers a free review to evaluate your existing mortgage and financial goals and help you find a lender.
Lakeview Loan Servicing is based in Coral Gables, Florida. There are also branches in:
  • Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Horsham, Pennsylvania
  • Charlotte, North Carolina
  • Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Henderson, Nevada

Is Lakeview Loan Servicing legit?

Lakeview Loan Servicing says it is the fourth largest mortgage loan servicer in the country, working with over 1.4 million homeowners every year. It lists licensing information for 49 states and Washington, D.C., on its website, which you can verify through your state’s regulator. If you're thinking about using Lakeview as a source of information regarding purchasing a home or refinancing an existing mortgage, start by calling and asking for a free consultation. Compare its service and loan options with those from other brokers and lenders before making a decision about a home loan.

Lakeview Loan Servicing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lakeview Loan Servicing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lakeview Loan Servicing?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Every time I dealt with this company it was frustration. I ALWAYS had to wait for someone to answer the phone. They could very rarely help me with the problem that I was trying to address. My latest problem, I refinanced the loan. It was paid off with Lakeview yet they still withdrew the monthly payment. Then they could not refund my money back without a lengthy process. It is 3 weeks to get my money back. The representative was smug and not interested in finding a solution. They don't care because it's not their money. They are just there doing a job. During the COVID slow down I lost my job. I applied for forgiveness but found another job in time to make my payments. It took them months to believe I had never missed a payment. They showed me in default even though I paid on time every month. This company does not care about the clients!!!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Our VA mortgage ended up with Lakeview after sold on the secondary market from the original bank, we didn't pick them. That said, we requested to remove escrow so we could pay our taxes ourselves and hold onto our money. It took 4 months for them to do this. Repeatedly asking for the same documentation over and over. This last month we were going to take advantage of the VA IRRRL refi to lower Iower our rate, moving from 3.25 to 2.375%. Everything moved along well until the document processing, each time the documents were different. Incorrect remaining payoff balance, incorrect escrow info as there wasn't one, points added that weren't disclosed. Every time we asked for corrections or explanations we got NOTHING. So we withdrew. I asked why all this happened and the loan officer chose to just not respond. This company is a joke, run don't walk away from these guys.

Lakeview Loan Servicing Company Information