AmeriFreight

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We shipped a vehicle from Massachusetts to Kansas for a residential move. Amerifreight did not inundate me with calls, texts, and emails, and I'd read good reviews online about them. So I called them and they gave me a fair price on the quote. Dealing with the transport organizer was good and the entire process took 5-7 days. They were very professional, easy to communicate with and kept me updated. They picked up, delivered on time, and our vehicle arrived in good condition.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m in the military and I’ve been transferred from Texas to Florida, so I needed to get my third car down there. A friend of mine had used AmeriFreight before and I was looking at reviews. I got a free quote from them and it was good. Their rep Ali was awesome. She was professional and knowledgeable. Also, she communicated well and let me know what was going on periodically. The driver was early, friendly, and professional too. The delivery was pretty quick, easy and it exceeded my expectations. I had a great experience with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating for a job so I needed to ship my vehicle. I looked AmeriFreight up online and they seemed to have good reports, ratings, and customer satisfaction after getting service from them. I got a free quote option and it was the best rate based on the vehicle and the timing that I needed. AmeriFreight’s transport organizer was very helpful and accommodating too. If I had questions, I was able to reach her quickly and she was very responsive in getting back as well. The carrier driver was also fine. Given the size of the truck, we had to figure out the location to meet. Once we were able to figure that out, the driver came a little later than originally expected, but it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience. My vehicle arrived about five days from the time it was picked up. And I was expecting it to take seven to ten days. AmeriFreight is very consumer friendly and they provide good service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I changed jobs and I wanted my vehicle moved in a safe manner. AmeriFreight did it on time and my experience with them has been all good. I got a free quote from them. The transport organizer was professional and courteous. He took care of everything that I needed and did everything as per requirement. The carrier driver was on time and good too. It took him about half an hour to finish loading up and then he was off. The vehicle arrived at the time the driver promised that he would deliver. It took about three days and that met my expectation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used another trucking company over a year ago and they were absolutely horrendous. They wouldn't tell me where they were and who could have had my car. They also said I could have my car in seven days and I didn’t have it till after two weeks. There was even an extra 1,000 miles added on to my car too and I don't know what the hell happened. That's why I switched to AmeriFreight and I've used them twice in two months.

AmeriFreight is really good and quick. The guy I spoke with, George, made it really easy. He did all the legwork and within an hour he told me that I was going to have a driver. I called them on a Wednesday and my car was picked up on a Thursday. Most companies don’t do this. Instead, they’re sitting there saying you can get it picked up on a certain day but you have to pay a little more for it. If you’re flying out, you need your car up until work and it's easier to work with when you know when you're getting it picked up so it helps. Then you go to the airport obviously the next day or that night so you're not starting to pay for the rental. AmeriFreight really accommodated me in every way that they can.

AmeriFreight went through everything and they're very reasonably rated too. The drivers were extremely nice and they also stayed in contact and that's what you would want. You would want to know where your car is. However, one of my tires had damage on it, but then it's hard when the car's on top or on the bottom and they're wheeling it in. It's common and I'll take that in a second over dealing with the horrifying experience that I had two years ago with the other freight company. They're a great, reliable company. In fact, I'm moving back to California from Connecticut in another month and I'll be using AmeriFreight again. I had a good experience and I would definitely refer them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved cross-country and I got AmeriFreight’s services because of their pricing and timing. It was easy to communicate with with the transport organizer through calls and texts. He was where he said he would be at, which was good. Again, my interactions with the carrier driver were over text and phone. The process took a total of four days from beginning to end. They did a good job and have met my expectations. Everything worked out great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving across and used AmeriFreight based on their reviews online. Their free quote changed throughout. The original was $900 something and it went up to $1300. I understand that they're brokers, and then the driver wanted $1000. At the same time, it's looking at the cost per unit. I would have appreciated it if was more straightforward and tell me that they would charge this amount and then the driver would need this amount. If it can be negotiated from that point, then good. Otherwise, if cannot, then that's it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used AmeriFreight’s services multiple times so I used them again when I got relocated for a job. I’ve known this particular gentleman and I always go back to him. He’s always busy but I can always get through to him to ask questions. I’ve also worked with him enough that I am comfortable and confident that he'll get back to me if he can’t talk to me at the moment. I was there on the delivery day. For the day of delivery, the carrier driver was flexible and on time. He would also give a good heads up on when he would be at the location by texting about half an hour to 45 minutes beforehand so it was good and easy to connect. Besides that, the good part was the fair price and they only took four days to deliver the vehicle, from pickup to delivery, which was shorter than originally anticipated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to Las Vegas and tried to get my car to come around at the same time as I did. I had another transport company then, but they did not come through with a transporter. I was leaving the next day and my car was still sitting here. So, I had to cancel with that company and I left my car at my son's place. Once I got to Las Vegas, I remembered that I had talked to a lady rep at AmeriFreight prior to leaving Georgia, but only for a few minutes. The lady was nice so I called back and the process went smoothly. The carrier driver was cool. He had to pick up the car from my son's place in Georgia because I had already left, but my son told me that the pickup went well and they took pictures. On the day of delivery, the driver met me around the corner from my house and we looked at the car, and it looked good. AmeriFreight gave me the amount of time that they needed from pickup to delivery and that was exactly what it took for my car to be delivered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved across the country from one city to another and had my car shipped. AmeriFreight had a free quote option that was helpful and they had better reviews online than other transport companies. The transport organizer was very transparent and interactions with the carrier driver went well. The whole process took a week and a half but I felt pleased with the amount of time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were in the process of moving from California to Colorado so we had to move a car. I had used AmeriFreight four years ago when we shipped the same car from Florida to California. The experience the first time around had been reasonable so we went the same route. I had a couple of conversations on the phone with them and we exchanged emails. Their response was prompt and it didn't take too long to get the pickup schedule. We were able to get it scheduled within the range we were looking for as well, although we were reasonably flexible on that anyway. Graham was the representative and he explained the process, what to expect and all that.

Then I talked with the carrier dispatcher three times. She called me to let me know when the driver was going to be there and she gave me a window. I talked to the driver when he was down the road, parked with my car and ready to hand it off. But I got good updates on when the vehicle was going to be there. From pickup to delivery, the process was about four days. Although it ended up costing a little bit more than the original quote, I was expecting that based on my previous experience. I'm familiar with the process so I know that they make an estimate on the quote based on what they think the market is. But at the end, it depends on what the individual carrier is able to do and on the specifics of my situation.

There's a pretty wide range of companies in terms of how reliable they are and how close to original what actually happens. I've used AmeriFreight twice and they've been consistent both times. They're very professional. They explained exactly what to expect and that's pretty much what happened. That's about as good as it gets in that business.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I needed to ship a ‘41 Cadillac from Texas to Virginia, AmeriFreight picked up the tab on the board and did a great job. Their carrier driver was all right and the whole process was straightforward, simple and took just two days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a couple of trucks in Oklahoma and needed them shipped in New Hampshire. I called several companies and AmeriFreight was the one that said they could do the job. But they couldn't get shipping based on the quote that they gave me online. Nobody would take the job. The transport organizer was fine, except he said they could do it for one price and by the time I got the truck, I spent a lot more than I wanted to.

AmeriFreight over-promised and underachieved. Had he told me what it was going to cost me, I would've kept calling around and tried to find a lower price. But because he quoted me a nice low price, I went with them. Time went by and I was losing money until I couldn't get the trucks because he couldn't get anyone to ship them to me for the price that he told me. I ended up paying a higher price to get the trucks here so I can move on with business. It was twice as much as what I was originally quoted. Other than that, it was great and I'd recommend them. They did the job when nobody else was doing it. But it was just a little deceptive how they got the job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight moved my car without any problems but it took a while. I got a free quote from AmeriFreight and it was great. When I got the quote, I had a specific price in mind but then I was advised that the quote online was not accurate. In order to meet the expectations, the reps from AmeriFreight had to come back and drop the initial broker fee associated with the quote. It took a month to move forward with the vehicle, which was more frustrating than anything. The quote difference between the initial anchoring price and the actual price was shocking. But the service was good and they kept me informed. The interactions I had with the transport organizer were very upbeat and positive. He was willing to negotiate with me too. The carrier driver, however, never called 24 hours in advance to drop the vehicle off. He also didn’t leave a message. But overall AmeriFreight met my expectations, the experience was just not great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I relocated for a job and my moving company recommended AmeriFreight to me. Their pricing was reasonable and they're responsive, on time, and did everything they said, which was the only thing I asked for. The transport organizer was very helpful and always willing to do the extra mile because we didn't really have a determined location for the car to be delivered. They were accommodating and they let me put some stuff in it. They even said that we could pack it up as much as we can, which was a tremendous help for us because we were already overpacked. The car came earlier than expected and was in great condition. I transported the car to California from New York, and the process took 10 days to complete. My wife dealt with the driver and their interaction was fine. Everything with AmeriFreight has been great and they followed up. Everything was as expected, if not better, and I would totally use them again if ever I'm in need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m in the military and I got orders to move across the country, so I shipped my vehicle. When I was looking for quotes online, AmeriFreight had pretty good reviews and they had a decent price so I went with them. The interaction with the transport organizer was very pleasant. Everybody was very helpful and professional.

We were going to take a little bit longer to travel across the country than we had prior assumed. Since we weren’t going to be here to receive the vehicle, they said that they wouldn’t be able to store it at all and that in order to pay for the vehicle, I had to pay them a fee and then pay the driver on arrival, a cashier’s check for a certain amount. In order to eschew obfuscation and have somebody that I already knew here pick the vehicle for me, I had to pay them an extra fee in order to pay it in full.That's my only complaint. From beginning to end, the transport took a week and a half. It could’ve been fast but I tried to get them to stretch it out as much as possible. Overall, AmeriFreight was professional and slightly organized.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving for a job and I chose AmeriFreight to ship my two cars. Initially, they gave me a small quote of $1,050 for each car and I paid some kind of a deposit. Their agent was very nice and she managed everything. Then she told me that the roads from Vegas to Seattle are really rough and tough and the drivers were not willing to go all the way. But there was a delivery trailer truck in my area and the driver was very willing but he was asking for $1,000 more for each car. I was out of the country and I didn't have the time to argue. Also, my friend needed the car and I didn't want to bother him. So I said yes to the agent and told my friend that the carrier was coming. I ended up paying around $1,500 for each car and I can't blame AmeriFreight because their agent warned me in the beginning that the price may increase depending on the carriers.

But if AmeriFreight is sending this shipment every year across the country, they need to know exactly how much price the carriers are going to quote for. If there's a slight variation, like $100 or $150 then that can be, but $300 or $400 is too much difference between the initial quote and the final price. What I was expecting is that their quote should at least match what the driver would expect. But their reps were professional, contacted me directly and explained everything. They also gave me upfront information and were pretty good in that. All in all, it took almost two weeks to arrange the shipment and the shipping took seven days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having a military move. AmeriFreight is a big company and so I figured my move was safer. It was less sketchy than some other options and the price seems reasonable. They gave me a backup price if I didn't get a lower offer from the driver. We ended up having a driver make an offer. The transport organizer was fine. There were some things that I still wasn't quite sure on and communication could have been a little bit better. But it was good for the most part.

The carrier driver was perfect for the pickup. But then for the delivery, the driver got there two days before and it was on a weekend as well. I had some people at the military base that I have been in contact with and who were going to receive the vehicle for me on a Tuesday. And the driver called me on a Saturday afternoon and said that he's in Las Vegas and he's ready to drop the vehicle off. And I'm like, "Well, my guys aren't ready yet." It was a flurry of phone calls to try to figure out someone to take delivery. He made it seem like I didn't really have an option and I had to say that we agreed that it would be on this day. I had to put my foot down and assert myself a bit. It ended up at the driver to deliver it the next day. It was still a day early and so I still had the inconvenience from people at the other end.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I Googled and AmeriFreight was the first or second name I saw. I took advantage of the company’s free quote option and the quote was good. I started off with one transport organizer and then he changed jobs. So, I switched to someone else. Both of the reps I had interacted with were very helpful and got things very coordinated. I can always find them if I had questions.

I had a very good experience with AmeriFreight’s drivers. They gave me the times for when they could arrive. If they couldn’t make it, they always called almost 24 hours ahead of time and said, “Hey, sorry. We might be a little bit late,” or “We might not be able to do tomorrow.” They gave me their phone numbers, that’s why I could contact them. I was told that they would arrive on Monday, but they had it pushed back to Tuesday night. But they gave me a call on Saturday to let me know, so it wasn’t a problem. I would recommend them. They were very efficient and organized.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son was moving from Indianapolis to Salt Lake City so we wanted to move the car. We looked around and the response was not good with many. Then one of my friends referred to AmeriFreight and it was very good. The quote was reasonable and the process took about three days from beginning to end. The transport organizer did a good job and it had been excellent dealing with him. The driver was right on time and I cannot ask any better than that. Everything went very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jeff purchased a vehicle from another state and needed to ship it to the owner. We had used AmeriFreight before so we went with them. The transport organizer and I spoke a couple of times on the phone. He was extremely helpful and he helped it get through relatively quickly. It only took three days which was super fast. Jeff's daughter said everything was fine with the delivery. Plus, considering the service we received, the cost was a great value. I would definitely use them again. They're a great service and super reliable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving out of state and a friend recommended that I use AmeriFreight. Their quote was decent and they are very flexible. I initially shipped my car and they did a pretty good job with it. They were able to take the keys from the hotel even if I wasn't there and they're very prompt and responsible. I then booked my wife's car with them and everything was great. I would highly recommend AmeriFreight for anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My girlfriend was living out in California and I moved to Orlando recently. We needed to either drive her car or have it shipped across the country. AmeriFreight could guarantee the pickup and the drop off times and gave us the flexibility of picking a shipper, although there was no time to find the right one. Also, they were flexible and reasonable on their quotes. I talked to the organizer, Graham, about six weeks before the move to get a feel thereof and we finally set the plans down about two or three weeks before the move.

Graham was patient throughout the entire process. My girlfriend's car is a newer car and we had a lot of questions, which he was able to answer well. We went through the whole process and made sure that her car was safe and insured. We were given a date-range and the driver hit it in the middle. He said less, did more and was reliable on that end. From beginning to end, the process took about five or six days. AmeriFreight is hassle-free. I didn't have to deal with any after-purchase merchandising or any spam mails, which was nice. And I was able to go to them for what I needed and complete the transaction having some peace of mind about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was shipping my grandson’s vehicle from Georgia to LA. AmeriFreight had an A rating on Angie’s List so I acquired their services. I got a free quote and I was happy with it. Working with the transport organizer was pretty good. They communicated with me every step of the way. However, my daughter didn’t have a great experience interacting with the carrier driver. They were supposed to pick up the car from my grandson’s home and they called my daughter up and wanted her to meet them somewhere. Then the car was supposed to be delivered where my grandson is going to be staying and the driver kept telling her, “We’re not going to deliver the car there. We’re going to deliver the car to a port.” And so, I had to call his company and they eventually delivered the car to his home. It was delivered on time and in good condition. Overall, it was a pleasant experience working with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating and AmeriFreight was one of the first ones I came across with, and they had good service marks so I went with them. Their quote was within a tolerable range and their transport organizer, Jorge, was helpful. He got in touch with me quickly and walked me through the process, so the experience was easy and simple. However, the carrier did not have the right trailer for my vehicle. It was a covered trailer and it was too small for my vehicle but the carrier accepted and said they’ll make it work but the driver said, “I can’t accept this because your car is going to get scratched in my trailer.” So, it was the driver who refused delivery that time. The carrier should have known a lot of this stuff and didn’t bother to check at that time.

I had to go back and follow up with Jorge and he had to arrange a whole new carrier and it ended up delaying my move a day. The second carrier was good though. Unfortunately, I was delayed and I already had to leave. Somebody was required to have somebody here to sign up my car getting picked up so I had to arrange for somebody to be here for that and that was a big headache. But once they got it on the truck, the new carrier got it to my new destination. The whole process was quick which took a total of three weeks to have my vehicle transported.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed my vehicle shipped because I was moving to another state. I looked up the quality of work and then chose AmeriFreight. The quote they gave was good. It took a couple of days before they sent the quote out to a contractor who also took a couple of days. He called me a couple of times and then I made the decision. I organized the time for the pick-up and showed up to the place, dropped my car and I picked it up where it was supposed to be. The whole process took two weeks. I had no problems and it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a car carrier and I had sent off an email or phone call to different car carriers. AmeriFreight advertised one of the lower rates and I saw that they had a local Atlanta phone number, which piqued my interest since I'm originally from Atlanta, Georgia. They also got back to me quicker than some of the other carriers. When they sent back an email with one of the lower rates, I followed up with them. The transport organizer was knowledgeable and professional. Discussing the details of the move with him wasn't too hard and he worked quickly, which was what I was looking for because I needed my car moved quickly. The driver called me and gave me a time when he was going to be there. He called again to say he was running late because of the traffic. About 10 to 15 minutes out, he called again to let me know he would be there soon. So, that went well.

On top of that, not having to put a deposit down for the shipping was nice. I’m stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky here in Tennessee but I was having the car shipped to California to have some custom work done to it. When I shipped it out there, I used a different company and I had to put down a $400 deposit. With AmeriFreight, I just talked to them and then once I was okay with them, I could pay the driver at delivery. I liked that a lot better than having to do two or three payments with the deposit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to move out of state so I looked at the reviews at the Better Business Bureau and another review site and AmeriFreight was part of the top two auto transport companies. And then I looked through the comments and I felt safe going with AmeriFreight so I went with them. However, I noticed the quotes varied. I called them one day, it was different and then I called back another day and I got a different price quote. But I guess this works with other companies too, that it varies on the day or on the time you call.

AmeriFreight's transport organizer was good. I got the quote over email and then I spoke with him and he was very polite. He gave me all the options and told me that they will let me know once he found a driver and I wouldn’t be charged unless I accept. So that was good to know. Finally, their driver delivered the car to the house and it was a very nice, fast and smooth delivery. The whole process took about 10 days and for someone who has to do a last minute request, I was quite pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving my vehicle cross country and we were under time constraint due to the military. We called a couple of places but they didn’t call back and one company called but about a week later. I got the quickest response from AmeriFreight. Their quote was reasonably priced based from talking with other people who had done it before. The transport organizer would let me know right away every time I had a question. I would leave a message and she'd call me back right away, always within less than 24 hours. She was very responsive and got a carrier quickly. I trusted her judgment as far as the carrier that picked my vehicle up was concerned. One of the carriers was going to be a little bit more expensive, I said no to it and she was quick to find another one that had a good rating. I felt like I was in good hands.

The carrier driver called us to let us know the time frame and the address. He was flexible to the different situations that came about because we were driving across country the same time he was. We were able to coordinate fairly easily. The whole process took about three weeks from beginning to end but it was easy for the first time we did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved from Reno to Houston. I was unable to transport my Lincoln on a car carrier so I ended up utilizing AmeriFreight's services, who were recommended to me. When I couldn't get someone to take the Lincoln for the price that I wanted, I went ahead and put the second car out there for bid as well. My first bid didn't work, but someone encouraged me to increase the price and within a couple of hours, I had somebody to transport both vehicles.

In the beginning, they told me that my vehicle would be hard to ship because it's an extra-large SUV. They told me they'd start low but it would probably increase. The rep was very upfront on what was going to happen. In the end, I let it go for so long that the price increased dramatically because they might need it to get stuff done.

The driver was coming into Houston late at night and told me that he would deliver the next morning. I told him that it was fine and he could deliver that late at night. He made it absolutely sure that I was okay with it because it ended up being two o'clock in the morning. We had great dialogues and we totally worked it out. He was very flexible. He wanted to offer me the opportunity not to stay up in the morning but having known that they've been on the road all night, I wanted to give him that. He left about 45 minutes before we took off from Reno and he dropped off my vehicle within 36 hours. They told me it might take five to six days and he communicated so great, we were able to get him there quickly.

AmeriFreight Company Profile