4.57/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AmeriFreight

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

1310 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My vehicle had to be repaired and it needs to be moved. So, I contacted AmeriFreight for a one-way shipping. I've heard them through Angie's List and they had great ratings. The transport organizer who I spoke with over the phone was very courteous. My vehicle was picked up last September 8th and was delivered 3 days later. It was fast and the carrier driver let me know when it was delivered. Overall, I had a great experience with AmeriFreight. They got my vehicle back to me quickly and they were on time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I transferred an automobile from Alabama to California and opted for AmeriFreight considering the ratings online, Better Business Bureau and grade. I got a free quote and it was pretty good. It's a little higher than others but I paid a little bit more for the reputation. And it ended up being accurate. Harry, the organizer, was very good and responsive. He found the carrier, turned me over to them, and he did a good job on it. AmeriFreight was in communication with me, and the carrier driver dropped it off about the time he said he would. It took about five days to get it out here. AmeriFreight did what they said they were going to do and it went well.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I contacted AmeriFreight through their website because I needed to ship my car from New Mexico to Pennsylvania. I had no complaints with the quoted price given to me and the organizer, George, and the driver were fine.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

AmeriFreight had some of the best reviews online. They were trustworthy and I have read quite a few good experiences about them. The free quote that they gave me was good. The transport organizer and my interactions with the carrier driver were also all good. It took about five days to pick up and drop off my vehicle. It has been nice and easy.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

AmeriFreight worked with me and gave me a quote pretty fast. Danielle, the organizer, was great with explaining everything including the process and how long my car was going to take coming from one state to another. There was good communication. I’m very satisfied because my car got from Jersey to Florida in one piece. I'm very happy and if I need to use AmeriFreight again, I would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I was moving from Florida to Washington, so I checked quotes online. AmeriFreight was the first one to reply to a call that I made and the other companies wouldn't even answer. The quote I got was good because I have already done the shipping from Washington to Florida, so I already had a good idea of what to expect. The organizer gave me all the information I needed and he followed up with me when I was trying to get everything finalized. The driver called and gave me time to be home because I was still around my work at that time, and he met me at a certain area that was within walking range of my house. My experience with AmeriFreight was hassle-free and they got my vehicle to me a lot sooner than I expected. I had a lot of things to worry about and getting everything moved over was the easiest thing.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We were moving from Washington State to Georgia and we needed our cars shipped. AmeriFreight was the company that came up first, and when I called them I was pleased with the information they gave me. I prayed for guidance about which one to use and AmeriFreight was it. The process took a week and the carrier driver was great. From beginning to end, AmeriFreight was very professional and on time. They communicated well with us about when they were coming to pick up the cars and when they were going to deliver them. AmeriFreight was excellent and we were completely satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Our experience with AmeriFreight was quick and easy. We shipped the Ucon to our sales team back East because it was time for the executive vice president to upgrade. The last time we shipped we used them too. The free quote we were given was good and they were here when they said they were going to be and dropped it off in good condition when they said they were going to drop it off. They did perfectly well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was shipping my vehicle across the United States because I was giving it to my son. I shopped around and the quote AmeriFreight gave was fair with everybody else. I read the fine print and it said that the price might increase so I said okay. Considering that it was a low quote to begin with I wasn’t surprised when it went up. AmeriFreight was the first one to find me a carrier although I did not like the carrier at all. Our car had an E-ZPass and I didn’t appreciate that their driver removed it from my car and used it on his way across the country leaving me a negative balance.

He also gave my son a hard time on the other side. I sent my son the cashier's check to give to the driver and he was reluctant to accept it. He was a little grouchy to my kid. But I like the transport organizer of AmeriFreight. He was good. I wrote up a good review for AmeriFreight and wrote a stinking one for that carrier, West Coast Auto Transport Inc. Because of AmeriFreight I learned a lot about transporting automobiles across the country and I learned a lot about the industry.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was moving from San Diego, California to Rhode Island and I didn’t want to drive my vehicle. I looked at a couple of different moving companies online and AmeriFreight was the first to respond plus they had good reviews too. They gave me an automated first quote and when I talked with them, they gave me a second quote which was good and the price was cut down a little bit more. My interaction with the transport organizer was okay. I was not aware though that they switched persons until they called me but I got good support from both of the people I worked with. When I switched to a different service agent, they got me set up with the contractor to ship my vehicle and that went very well.

On the day of delivery, the carrier driver was very helpful but he was a little overloaded because my vehicle was a big Escalade. Whoever scheduled his load didn’t take into account how big that vehicle was so he got to my pickup about three hours later than expected. I dropped it off and it only took 10 minutes. And then, he was out there for about two hours arranging the cars to get all of them to fit on the trailer appropriately. The actual transport was within the expected schedule and my car showed up in great shape. Everything went well but I'm not ready to recommend them because they had a hard time getting the vehicle on the truck. I went with a different option and tried getting a closed trailer because I had a Challenger. It was a top down and it has low miles on it so I wanted it to stay in a nicer shade but my experience might be a little different than the people I’d expect to recommend it to.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was moving to California from Virginia so I had to ship my vehicle across the country. I chose AmeriFreight because they had good reviews online and a friend of ours didn't get good service with the other company that I was looking at. AmeriFreight did a good job with communicating and making sure everyone knew what was going on.

George called me when got someone to pick up the vehicle and gave me their quote. He also made sure that everything was arriving on time. He called to tell me that the vehicle was in California and was being stored. He also called to make sure that I received my vehicle. The carrier-driver was considerate. He tried to keep me in the loop at all times. He texted me before he left with the vehicle and he also texted me when he arrived. They brought the vehicle earlier than expected on the day. They said that it was supposed to arrive around 9 p.m. at night but they arrived around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The entire process took seven days and I paid lower than the quote. It was an excellent experience and I recommend it to anyone who's trying to get their vehicle across the country for a good amount with good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My daughter went to college. I needed the vehicle picked up and delivered at a specific date and time because I didn't want my daughter to accept it. Unlike other companies I talked to and could not accommodate me, AmeriFreight was able to do that for me. The driver, Fred, was an outstanding individual and a great guy to work with. I am 100% satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was moving from California to North Carolina. I drove my car out here and my sister needed her car shipped. Someone referred AmeriFreight and I felt good after talking to one of them. I like the expectation of what I needed and what the outcome looked like. The process was really nice and the free quote option was awesome as well.

The transport organizer was friendly, very open, honest and communicated great. We just had a little bit of a rough time getting back in touch with each other but that was because our schedule was very opposite and we were on the opposite side of the world at that point. That was only a little bump that we experienced. When the carrier driver came, he tried to call me. My phone doesn't work all the time and I didn't receive the call. They almost took the car with them, which would have been terrible but it ended up working out great. But I stepped outside because I knew they said they were going out to be there around that certain time and once I stepped outside, I realized they were out there. Also, they had to bump the price up a little bit but they told me that could be expected if no one had picked it up. AmeriFreight is a great company. They have quality service and great customer care. I had a really good experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I had to bring a GTO from Florida down to South Dakota because I transferred work. I called many other companies but I didn't feel comfortable with some of the people I spoke to on the phone. Then I talked to "Jorge or George" from AmeriFreight and he made me feel comfortable. He discussed the process a lot more professionally and you know they were concerned about your car. Little things like that make a difference. He did a very good job. I got the car about four days from Florida to South Dakota so that was pretty good. Everything worked out.

I would highly recommend AmeriFreight to anybody moving a car. It was a great experience and I have no complaints at all. They are trustworthy and they did what they said. The money was exactly how much it cost on the quote which was anywhere from $700 to $1,600. I also liked that they put it in writing. I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My vehicle was being barged from Alaska to Seattle until I needed a truck to bring my truck from Seattle to Minnesota because I couldn't fly out and get it. I had a family member who recommended AmeriFreight and she had a good experience with them. The quote that AmeriFreight emailed to me was good and I even ended up paying less than what I was quoted. It's nice that it wasn't overestimated for me personally.

I also had a good interaction with the transport guy. He was knowledgeable and was able to tell me about the different prices and different shipment options. We played phone tag a little bit because we were in different time zones but I always heard back as I gave a call or an email. I picked an option and he updated me when a transporter was able to bid on it and finalize the price. He also gave me the trucker's number. The driver was great. He was super nice and helpful. He took good care of my stuff. I definitely had a good experience with AmeriFreight and I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was moving and I needed to ship my vehicle from New York to California. I took advantage of AmeriFreight's free quote and the one they gave me was the fee that I paid. I originally emailed them since I used them in the past. They then called me and we went over the figures. They told me that they would be in touch when they found a company and then they followed up within a day. The carrier drivers were responsive when they said that they were going to pick the vehicle up and drop it off in the window that they gave so that was excellent. AmeriFreight is great and my experience with them was exceptional. I’ll continue to use them as needed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We used AmeriFreight because of their ratings with the Better Business Bureau and ConsumerAffairs when we moved out of state and needed to ship the car. Their quote was accurate and Harry, our organizer, was very helpful. He walked me through the process on how there was a bid that goes out for the car. He said, "If you pay this price, there's no fluctuation. But if you go at the lower rate, it could take longer." He also walked us through timing and pricing and how it works. It was helpful when you are trying to budget. Other carriers did not go through that. They just said, "This is the price." It made me understand the whole system and it made the decision easier to pay a bit more because of timing. Also the driver called when he picked up and delivered the car and he was prompt.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

When I bought a used car, I needed to ship it. I saw the online reviews and AmeriFreight was one of the top three. They were able to find somebody that met the quote that they gave me. A friend of mine was shipping a car from the same area and it wasn't that cheap. So, I was good. The guy who delivered it was top-notch. He planned out everything more than the inspector I had on the car. He pointed out things that were wrong and the scratches. He wanted to make sure that I knew that he wasn't the guy who did that.

The father and son team was good and they were both the drivers. It took eight days from beginning to end. The process was quick but it would also be good if they would give a better update in terms of where the truck was and when they're going to show up. But I understand that's a logistics issue. Online would have been better, so I can see where they were and know when to call them or it could also be an alert when they're 100 miles away. It would have been a little easier versus guessing. I know the guy was an independent contractor that was working with AmeriFreight and I can’t say enough good things about that guy. It was an excellent experience. They were very professional, timely and it’s exactly as I expected.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My son was going to school in Kansas and I had AmeriFreight shipped the vehicle to him. We were very impressed with the entire procedure from start to finish. It was easy, straightforward, and I was very pleased with their follow up. My father-in-law was the one who received the vehicle up in Kansas and he said it went perfectly. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I needed to ship a car to my mother and I had talked to a couple of other transport companies. The first group that I had talked with never got back with me so that’s when I started searching for other options. I became very comfortable with AmeriFreight's sales rep. After my first experience which wasn’t very good I was happy to find somebody that was diligent and followed up. Also I really liked the driver that came. He did a great job loading the car up and got us all set. It was a very good experience given that some of the other transport companies that you can work with, I would refer to them as the Wild Wild West and I felt that this group, like the agent that I went through, didn’t behave like that.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I researched on various auto shipping companies and looked at websites where they were rated by consumers including the Better Business Bureau. I decided that AmeriFreight was the best choice. We used them to ship my daughter’s vehicle from our home near St. Petersburg, Florida to New Brunswick, New Jersey where she is a doctoral student. I was very impressed with my initial conversation with the agent whom I dealt with and I also appreciated the honesty of the agent whom I spoke with in terms of my need for additional insurance. He was very reassuring that in the vast majority of cases, the kind of damage for which I was purchasing additional insurance did not occur during their transports. I opted to take that insurance and decided to move forward, and it impressed me that the agent was more concerned about my getting the best price than selling additional insurance to me.

Also, I took advantage of their online quote and the price was far more competitive than other highly-rated auto transport companies that I researched. My wife also dealt with the carrier driver on our end in Florida, as did my daughter because she was still there. They were impressed that he was extremely accommodating. He explained what would occur and when we should expect to have the delivery of the vehicle in New Jersey. On the other end, my daughter received the car and was pleased with her interactions with the driver and with the experience of the delivery in general. Everything went well. We were very pleased from the initial phone call with the agent to the delivery in New Jersey and in all aspects of AmeriFreight's service and its contracted driver. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I needed to ship my vehicle from San Jose, California to Anacortes, Washington. I Googled and found AmeriFreight. I called them and it worked. I was given a free quote but there was some confusion surrounding it. It has something to do with the initial quote and how it was broken down. When the carrier replied on what they could do somehow the fee increased. However, he explained that it was still below the market price. The process was not as smooth and clearly communicated as could have been like from Gecko, which explained it afterwards and I took it for what it was. I appreciate that we are still getting lower than retail but there's something about how it's broken down like AmeriFreight's cut of it and how much goes to the carrier.

The transport organizer got some of the information wrong which is a little frustrating. From Gecko, it was just hard wrapping his mind around whatever he's getting. But at the end of the day, we got two good conclusions so it worked fine. My interactions with the carrier driver were great. When he picked it up, we loaded it up perfectly. Then we had dinner together, it was easy. It was perfect timing when my dad picked it up on the other side. I'd highly recommend them. The process took about two days from when it was picked up to when it was dropped off. It was awesome. It has been fast and direct and everything that needed to be done was done.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

AmeriFreight was the cheapest when I had to transport my car. The guy who helped me out did a good job. I'm in law school and he was able to work on my schedules. However, AmeriFreight should speed up the actual time for pick up. It'd be nice to have your car picked up the next day instead of waiting for a few days. Also, I had parked a truck in a small street and the driver couldn't go in there. But other than that, he was good.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I needed to get my vehicle up to Boston from Oklahoma so I went through several reviews and places. AmeriFreight seemed to be the most reviewed upon and had good reviews so I contacted them. They were very helpful and were very accommodating whenever I needed to move the pick-up time or if I didn't want to go with a certain carrier. They kept me up to date with everything. The carrier driver was friendly and nice. I was at work when he was in the general facility so he delivered my vehicle to my work. I'm happy with the overall shipping but the price paid was quite above the quote. It was about two times the quoted price given me. Still, the delivery went perfectly fine and there was no damage to the vehicle. They were quick, convenient and excellent.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I drove across the country so I needed to ship my vehicle and AmeriFreight had a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. I took advantage of their free quote option, but they were off by $200 above the original quote that they gave me. It was $1,000 but it ended up around $1,200. They had a shipper who would do it for that price on that date and they said that if I wanted to take it, I could.

Also, their customer service was great. Their transport organizer was great as well and he called me a couple of times. He told me that they were half an hour out, but it was close to the approximate time he gave me the day before. On the other hand, it was my mother-in-law who dealt with the carrier driver and it was my daughter on the other end, but I spoke with the driver on the phone a couple of times. He was very professional and did exactly what he said he was going to do. Everything was shipped on time. Any dings or dents that were already in the vehicle were also noted in my invoice in detail and they did exactly what I asked. Overall, AmeriFreight is a great company and a good business. I had a good experience with them.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I used AmeriFreight many times before and I've been very happy with them. They have been fast and the prices have been competitive. I switched schools and I moved and I used them again to ship my car from the East Coast to Utah. I got a pretty good quote and I didn't feel like I was paying too much. However, the transporter was nothing like the one I've used before. He was 8 hours late when he picked the car up. He said he had to pick up the truck from the shop and then he was going to come at 3:00. There was a schedule for the morning and before noon, but he ended up coming at 9:30. And I had a friend who was waiting for him to hand the car over. When he picked it up, he didn't do the inspection, too. He said it was too dark so he couldn't see anything.

We went through the same problem with the delivery. He called me on a Sunday and said that I should be ready to pick up the car at 6:00. I was waiting for him and he called me at 6 am and said that he was going to be there at 7:00. And at 7:00, he called me and said he would be there at 8:00. And then he pushed it and ended up delivering it at 11:30. I told him to tell me if he’s going to be late because I had school the next day and I needed to go to bed. When he delivered it, there was no inspection because he said he didn't do it the first time, so there was nothing to inspect. I had to sign because I already wanted my car.

But the worst part was he tried to charge me another $300 because I had stuff in my car. He said that's how AmeriFreight does it and he wouldn't hand over the car unless I paid him $300. He was almost blackmailing me and I've recorded the whole conversation. I told him I’d call the police and he ended up letting me have my car and I paid him the initial amount that we agreed on. I didn't know if the car got scratches and it was crazy. I was very surprised because I've had a completely opposite experience with them before when the driver was early. I would definitely never use the carrier that I recently used and I would be hesitant to pick AmeriFreight again because of the incident of having a bad driver. But AmeriFreight is a good company and I liked it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My mother goes between Florida and Cape Cod, and I had to ship her car. AmeriFreight was was able to guarantee me an exact date for pick-up. Their quote was also competitive and they disclosed all of the different provisions clearly so I was satisfied with that. The organizer was very patient, accommodating in meeting my and family’s requirements to have an exact day and he worked with us to meet our needs. Also, the carrier driver was very courteous, prompt and proactive in calling ahead of time. He gave an exact time when they would be at the pick-up location. Overall, it was a very positive experience with AmeriFreight and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The transport organizer of AmeriFreight was helpful. She answered any questions that I had. I moved from the West Coast to the East Coast and the car got back there with no damage although it was a little dirty. It was an open ride. But other than that it was the best. I was very satisfied with my experience.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was shipping a vehicle from Indiana state to Washington. I’ve been satisfied with AmeriFreight when I used them before and I saw very good reviews on the internet so I decided to ship my vehicle with them again. Working with the transport organizer was a bit disappointing. The process of shipping the car was a little bit of a hassle. There was a miscommunication with the agent and the agents weren’t that nice about this whole situation. The agent did everything he could to fix the problem but it wasn’t enough so I had to wait two weeks for my car to ship. The shipping company was all crappy as well because they didn’t notify me on any of the pickup or delivery dates. They just called me a few hours before the pick up and they kept changing the schedule for four times and I was very confused. I just hope that none of this happens again. But overall I would definitely use AmeriFreight again. I already got my car and there wasn’t a damage.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I graduated and got a job so I moved from East Coast to West Coast. AmeriFreight had a representative contact me rather quickly and their price seems to be good. However, I was expecting a thousand and a hundred but it cost me $1345 so it was a little bit higher. Their rep was very helpful because I got to West Coast in advance so my car was left on the East Coast and I asked my friend to ship it to me. I had to change the guy who’s going to be there when they pick up my car and I called them and they promptly acted to make some action to the change. They were supposed to pick up my car on Tuesday but they got that postponed to Wednesday. That’s okay since it’s just a one day delay and it takes five days to get the car here so I got it really fast. I met the driver when they dropped off my car and he was nice. AmeriFreight's service is good.

AmeriFreight Company Information