4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1960 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

AmeriFreight moved our truck from Massachusetts to California. I got a referral from my niece's boyfriend. He's in the military and he used AmeriFreight to transport his car also from Massachusetts to California, and he was pleased with the experience. We were also satisfied with AmeriFreight. The quote they offered was good. It wasn't a lot less than other offers, but it was reasonable. I told them I needed to put some things into the truck to transport, and they were very reasonable about it. Our the transport organizer, Ben, was very good. We weren't sure when we were doing the move because, from January to now, we've had two houses, one in Massachusetts and one in California. We weren't sure of when we really wanted to ship the car out. I've made several changes to the date with Ben, and he was always very accommodating with it. He didn't get irritated with me, which I would have been irritated with me.

The driver came later than we expected, but that wasn't a problem for us. Still, the communication could have been a little bit better with him calling to say, "It's still gonna be another three hours." But he and the other driver were very polite. They had to park off the street from us because they couldn't negotiate our street. So, they came to the door on foot, and they were fine. They took the car and drove it up to where their truck was, and it got here a lot faster than I ever thought it would. It was two days early. All in all, AmeriFreight is reliable and very easy to work with, and I found working with Ben to be delightful. My husband said that if we were to transport another vehicle, they'd be the first people we'd call.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

AmeriFreight's quote was in line with the industry. The transport organizer did a fabulous job. She was on top of things, she communicated well and the feedback was good. Also, the carrier drivers did the best they can. They said transporting the vehicle that I bought was going to take three days but it took two days.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I needed AmeriFreight for a move and I went with them based on what I read on the websites compared to other companies. I sent a request and it came back with a very professional read to it, as well as the whole logo and signature. Compared to others, it was far above. The rep was fantastic. She kept me in the loop the whole time. Any time I had a question, I either left a voicemail or sent her an email and she got right back to me. She was there with me the whole time, which was great. The carrier driver ended up meeting with my daughter because we had already left, but there was a little situation there. He couldn't get his truck up because we weren't sure what type of truck he had. He had a multiple car carrier, so he couldn't get his truck to where our cars were. They ended up squaring it out and she gave him a ride back and forth to his truck, but there was a little bit of friction there. Nonetheless, if I had to do it again, I will use AmeriFreight.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My son needed a car so instead of trading in our car, we shipped it to him. I shopped around and talked to different companies. AmeriFreight's quote was comparable with the others, but they said they might be able to do better, and they did. They gave me the driver's number and told me he would call. I didn't hear from him so I called and it took him longer than what he said he would get here. When he got here though, he was very pleasant. At the other end, my daughter-in-law didn't hear from him and we got a little anxious. I called him and he said he was in Colorado and that he would be there tomorrow at a certain time. When that time came, and he still has not contacted us. We called again and he said he was an hour away. The driver could have done better with the communication, but whenever I contacted him, he answered right away. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I had a relative pass away and I received a vehicle from the estate. So I was moving it from Florida to where I live. I wanted to make sure that I had some intermediary freight shipper that was rated well and that offered a decent price. I did some quick looking around and AmeriFreight's quote looked very reasonable compared to the other quotes I had seen. I had also shipped another vehicle before so I've become familiar with the fact that what you see as a quote is not actually going to be what you pay. You have to get within ballpark of there and expect a few hundred dollars' difference between what you pay and what you see online. In fact, the discrepancy with AmeriFreight was within a couple of hundred dollars.

It's also one of those services that I find odd in the modern area. I am used to going through, being able to go through and booking services online rather than having to go through and have a lot of human interaction in that. You're not able to get your usual experience where you buy it online, you have an online tracker and you go through and can monitor things in your phone. It's definitely very manual still. But it was about as expected for what usually happens with shippers in my experience. I was as satisfied as one can get. The gentleman that I spoke with at AmeriFreight was helpful as well. The phone system was down which was odd. But he was very responsive. I would email him and he would call me back.

The vehicle coordinator was typical of the last time I shipped a car although they usually were a little bit more last minute in terms of knowing when things would happen. The driver himself contacted us. He was about an hour away and was nice enough in the coordination. It was a positive experience overall and I would definitely recommend AmeriFreight in the future. It was such a different experience than what you usually get as a consumer to go through and work with a freight company, and then on top of that, a specialized freight company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

AmeriFreight's ratings on the internet and their reviews made me go and ship my vehicle with them when I was moving. It was an over-sized vehicle that I needed transported and AmeriFreight gave me a quote that was just about middle of the road. I worked with an amazing guy, Harry, and I love him. He was absolutely professional. He took his job very seriously, he was very upfront and clear about everything, and he was a pleasure to speak with. He made the process very simple.

I was also very impressed with the driver. He was very pleasant, with a nice big smile on his face. He did everything. He had to move around vehicles right then and there to make mine fit properly, but he took the time to do all his safety precautions properly. Plus, the 18-wheeler truck was in fantastic condition. The tires on the entire trailer were all perfect, meaning that the carrier took the time and spent money on their equipment so they would not get an odd blowout somewhere in the middle of Texas trying to get to Florida from California. I really appreciate that AmeriFreight keeps such high caliber companies in their pool of people to use.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I relocated to a new location based on my new job and I shipped my vehicle with AmeriFreight. The transport organizer told me about the whole process and generally how it works with different brokers. The honesty made it very clear so I wanted to go with AmeriFreight at that point. They also gave a low quote and it wasn't too accurate but the representative was very helpful. Timing was the issue why the quote wasn't very accurate and it was a last notice deal. Still, the transport went smoothly. The carrier driver pointed out the location, went through, and checked everything. So, it was an outstanding experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a car in Pennsylvania and it was 1,440 miles from here so I decided to have it shipped. I looked online and when I saw AmeriFreight's name and number and called them, I thought they were the trucking company. I found out that they were the broker and they just get somebody to do it, which was fine with me. Then I had a couple of deals where one company showed up to get the vehicle and couldn’t get it on the trailer. Another one got there then they called and said they had another outfit, and they brought the car down.

When the carrier driver came after the place closed at five o’clock on Monday, the girl I was talking to said that the driver was not gonna wait till the next morning. The next morning, I was told that my car was on the road. I called the dispatcher and he said that it was the same guy and that he decided to wait. He loaded the car and left on a Wednesday and I got the car on Friday morning. Everything went smooth and they were good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I liked the gentleman who helped me at AmeriFreight. He walked me through the process and made it simple. He also made sure he followed up. He was very helpful and diligent. The quote was good as well. I needed to ship the vehicle for an employee who was relocating to Boston and the delivery went well. The driver was a little bit late but he showed up close to the time and he was easy to walk with around the car.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I shipped the vehicle on behalf of my sister-in-law, an elderly woman who moved from California to Washington to live with her daughter rather than a hospital. I called a broker and there were two or three offers, and AmeriFreight was the least expensive. The quote was all right although I was a little confused. I've had occasions to ship vehicles on two other occasions. I shipped a car from Pensacola, Florida to Spokane with another company, and it was only 800 bucks. And I shipped one from San Francisco to Arkansas, and it was 700 bucks. But going from Southern California to Washington was a tougher sell. It was 900 bucks.

Nonetheless, the transport organizer handled it all very well. I have a little trouble hearing and the lady I dealt with at AmeriFreight had a rather thick accent, and I had trouble understanding her occasionally. But other than that, things worked out fine and the carrier driver was a nice guy. AmeriFreight did exactly what they said they were gonna do. I contracted with them to pick up a car, deliver a car safely and expeditiously, and that was exactly what they did. I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought a vehicle out of state and shipped it from Texas to Colorado. I've tried some other companies, but their response was not so good. AmeriFreight was good for me and I saw that they had good reviews online. I decided to go with them and the free quote was good. The organizer was prompt to reach out to me after I got the quote and she was able to get me a trucking company to pick up the car within 24 hours or less. My experience with her was very good and the courier driver was fantastic. He called me before he picked up the car as well as about 30 minutes before he delivered it so that I can be aware and get his cash ready at delivery. He was very good too. He was cordial and very professional. AmeriFreight shipped cars for me twice now and the two went well. I will recommend them and tell friends to go with them. I will go with them if I need to ship that car tomorrow.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

If you're considering AmeriFreight, call them and get a quote. I was moving and I had to ship a vehicle from Colorado to North Carolina. I talked to a few other people and they didn't sound as trustworthy as I would've liked just from my conversations with them. However, the AmeriFreight representative that I’ve talked with was good. I was given a reasonable quote which was the exact amount I paid in the end. The transport organizer was professional with everything. He called me to tell me everything was going according to plan. I also had good interactions with the driver. He picked up the vehicle a week before Labor Day and was supposed to deliver it on Labor Day. I don’t blame them for not delivering it that day, but it arrived on the Wednesday after Labor Day. All in all, I had a better experience with them than it would've been at other truck delivery companies.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I was moving from Baltimore to Maryland, so I needed to ship my car and went with AmeriFreight because of the Google rates. I called the organizer and he called me several times and organized the transport. The driver called me one hour before the delivery and when he gave me back my vehicle, I was supposed to give him $525, but I didn’t have that money. I paid him $600 and told me that he will send me money back and he never did that.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I borrowed a vehicle and I needed it returned. I looked up transport companies and based on the reviews, I decided on using AmeriFreight. The process of scheduling the transport was easy without any unexpected events. Their transport organizer and I just emailed each other back and forth. From the time of scheduling the transport to the delivery of the vehicle, it only took four days.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My son was moving back from California to New Jersey. I looked at ratings of transport companies to ship his car and AmeriFreight looked favorable. I called about three companies up and AmeriFreight had a representative, Nicole, who was very helpful over the phone. Also, it sounded like they were in the ballpark of what it might cost, so I said yes. The organizer kept me informed. She kept changing the date because my son wasn’t sure when he would be there to load it or have a friend do it. But we worked everything out. She was very considerate and very helpful and she called me most of the time to make sure everything was fine. Then, the driver called me the day before the delivery to say he was gonna be in town and called an hour before the drop off. The transfer took around 11 days which was the expectation and everything went very smoothly. I would recommend AmeriFreight to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The reps of AmeriFreight were very nice and professional. I was able to communicate with them pretty well. I was able to contact them any period of time and they would answer all my questions. However, the rate was a bit higher than what was quoted. But the driver was very straightforward and I received my car early. I was given about five days for my car to be shipped, but she shipped my car on two full days.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I was moving and needed someone to ship my car. I looked around online and tried to call in a few places but they weren't calling me back. Everything was automated and it felt like I was just a number. AmeriFreight was the only one where I got to a human being who was super helpful in explaining the whole process. Their quote was also lower than the actual ones that were a little suboptimal. But they told me that the quote was subject to change based on whatever happens so, I thought that was fine. My interaction with the organizer was also good. I had to adjust my schedule since I wasn’t where the vehicle was being shipped from so that was nice to have a little bit of autonomy there. All in all, AmeriFreight was the best company that I have found and I was happy with my experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We moved from California to South Carolina, and we needed one vehicle shipped. I found AmeriFreight online and they had a good BBB rating. The quote was reasonable as well. I worked with a guy named Richard and he was fantastic. He was responsive, kind and straightforward. There were no big-time sales issues. It was truthful and accurate. The driver was great as well. He was accommodating and that went really well. He even showed up a day early. The experience I had was great overall and I would use AmeriFreight again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

After hearing very good reviews about AmeriFreight from a couple of my friends, I used the company to ship my vehicle during a relocation. I got a free quote before the transport but there were some hiccups in between the communication on the quote information and on the question and answers. There were a few flaws on their website where a couple of information is off even after submitting, repeatedly. Thus, the quote and the final cost were off. Otherwise, their quoting mechanism and my communication with their agent were good.

The pick up took just 20 minutes, with the driver checking the weight of the vehicle and taking pictures. He also answered all of the questions I had. And then, the delivery was quick too. But the problem was he put the vehicle near the road. He did it in the morning and it was in the middle of traffic, so I didn't get much time to interact with him more and even check my vehicle entirely. I just had a glance at it. But all in all, the process was very seamless and good because we had good interaction.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We needed to ship a vehicle as we were giving it to a relative and I went to the ConsumerAffairs website. I picked the ones that were listed in and I called other transport companies. However, they wouldn't take the vehicle because it was a pick-up truck and they said it was too big. But AmeriFreight said they would, and the price was within normal range so I chose them. The free quote option is a price that they get people to sign the contract, then it goes up from there. I realized that what AmeriFreight was offering was a bit too less.

The rep at AmeriFreight was a good man. He stayed with me when there was a problem. He was right there to fix it and answered all my phone calls. They hired one carrier that promised to come three times but he never showed up. They fired him and got somebody else. Within the day, those folks came and the deal was done. The delivery was from Washington to Georgia and it took five days for the pick-up to be delivered, which was quick. The delivery went very well and smooth. With the exception of the first trucking company that they selected to haul the vehicle, the whole process went very well and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My stepfather-in-law is living with us and his car was in New York. We used AmeriFreight to have it shipped. They were cheaper than the others and the quote they gave me was fine. The actual carrier's quote came in higher, but still, not too much. The only thing was the company was completely lying to me on the phone when they said the driver was right around the corner. We had the car at a shop. It was supposed to be picked up at the shop before they close. So, the driver almost missed the pick up because the shop was closing. Then when he dropped it off, he barely went over anything in the car to check scratches. He got his money and he was gone. Also, he was scheduled to come in the afternoon and he showed up in the morning and didn't even bother to tell us that he was 20 minutes out. He just showed up. Luckily, my wife hadn't left yet. Still, AmeriFreight was good. They did a good job organizing and getting a company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

There were classic cars that needed to be transported down from Oregon to California. I heard through some of my friends that AmeriFreight is very reliable, something that is key especially with classic cars, so we used them. It was phenomenal with the carrier driver. The rate was overwhelmingly outstanding and I've never seen a vehicle like the one that was used. It was completely closed, so it has rubberized sliding panels. It was something else.

The driver and his co-driver were very engaging, nice, and thorough. For the T-Bird, which is such a wide vehicle that there wasn't a whole lot of room for air getting it in and out of the carrier as far as scrapping the sides of the cars go, they were really slow and meticulous about getting it out of the carrier. It was at the very tail end, so it had the furthest distance to come off. Also, I was told that the delivery would take three days but it only took a day and a half. We were hands up with the timing situation, so the amount we paid ended up being higher, but it was still less than what I was expecting. AmeriFreight is a very professional organization, so if I had to move a vehicle, I certainly would go to them first.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Worst experience. I ended up paying $1465 for open carrier transport (initial quote $1055) from Vienna, VA to Sacramento, CA. I requested for delivery by September 15th 2018, as I need to commute 100 miles, with first pick up date as September 3rd 2018. But, even after confirming the order on August 15th 2018 my car was picked up on September 12th, delivered on September 19th. Had to rent a car.

I worked with Richard ** for moving my car. I have confirmed my order on August 15th 2018 and repeatedly informed him that I need the car by September 15th 2018. He suggested to have the first available date as September 3rd 2018 and I agreed to that. I had to follow-up with him every time and ask him to prioritize my order as he did not find any carrier. Finally, I got the first carrier match on Thursday evening and the quote was around $1680 up from the initial quote $1055. I said it's too high and he agreed too. I received one more quote for $1490 the next morning and I asked him for some time. I got back within 1.5 hours and by that time he said that driver is not available.

Again, on Friday evening he said he found one more quote $1465 "lowest so far" as per his research with pick up date on September 13th or 14th and delivery date by September 20th. I reminded him that I have confirmed my order on August 15th 2018 and informing him repeatedly that I need the car by September 15th 2018 as I need to commute 100 miles every day. He said he understands that and he was getting concerned (???) regarding my order and he understands that I am concerned too. With no clue on when the next carrier would be matched, picked up and delivered, I agreed to it hesitantly. They charged their commission as soon as I confirmed the order on Friday evening. He said he will follow-up when the driver pick my car and follow up during this time to make sure I am comfortable and transport went fine. He never called after they charged the commission.

On Monday, I requested him if he could find any other carrier who can deliver by Sunday. He said since the carrier is matched, he cannot do anything. But after I reminded him about August 15th confirmation, repeated follow-ups and possibility of renting the car till my car is delivered, he said he will try to clone the order and see what he can do. Guess what, I have never heard back after my initial confirmation.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

AmeriFreight service rep provided a lot of informative info. It’s best that they provide more than one pickup location which could help ensure your vehicle have multiple opportunities of pick up within timeframe requested for delivery and also may help with receiving a more accurate cost estimation. I would use them again because their rated quote beat all competitors for a total shipping mileage of 965 miles.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was gifting a vehicle to my son who had just relocated to the West Coast, and I had to have it shipped. I was really looking for the most affordable option, whether it be a shipping service or a personal driver. I did some research and I made some calls, and I liked the guy I spoke with at AmeriFreight the best. He was outstanding and a very nice guy. I liked him a lot. The quote I got from AmeriFreight was fine and fair compared to the others. The carrier driver was also very good and professional.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I moved to another state and shipped my vehicle since I didn't have time to do a four-day drive. AmeriFreight had pretty good reviews and nobody seemed to have had a shady experience with them, which seemed unique as far as all of the car shipping companies I found. Their free quote option was really helpful and I got a pretty reasonable quote. I tried to call them several times and they were hard to get a hold of, but once I did, everything went smoothly. I spoke with their transport organizer and he was friendly. My interaction with the driver was very brief but very pleasant. The transport was super quick and it exceeded the original expectation I had. AmeriFreight would be the only people I'd use to ship my car again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I was moving state and needed to ship my car. I read reviews online and chose to go with AmeriFreight. I used their free quote option and it was good. Also, the organizers were pretty active in letting me know when the car was going to be shipped or when it reached Oregon. Then, the carrier driver advised me what day they would arrive and what the mode of payment would be. They gave me a call once they reached the place and I checked off the car. The transport took a week and I was pretty happy with the service. If anyone asks, I would tell them to go with AmeriFreight.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was looking for a quote for shipping my leased Kia Niro 2500 from Tennessee to Eugene, Oregon as I was relocating there for a job and wanted to fly out to look for housing quickly. I did a little research online and found AmeriFreight, which offered me the lowest quote. I called and spoke with Harry **. I let him know upfront I was a little leery about the process and wanted to make sure I understood all the terms. He was very helpful and patient in setting up the shipment quickly without any add-on services or other nonsense. I didn’t buy any kind of extra insurance or protection.

I had a great experience with the driver who picked up my car, he was very responsive and flexible with me sharing his location with me via Google and working with me to find a place to meet to pick up my car. The driver actually picked me up from the airport in Eugene and drove me to the location where he unloaded my car. He was very friendly and I paid him in cash at delivery. Harry ** followed up with me throughout the process and the car was delivered without a scratch and nothing at all amiss, just some bug guts which I rinsed off. :) I would definitely use this service again if I needed to ship a car!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The transport organizer of AmeriFreight was helpful and really good. They also got back to me the fastest over other companies as well. The driver was professional too and he gave me a phone call. And when he got there, he checked the car, went over all the forms with me, and then took care of the car. The car was all right and there was nothing beat up after the transport.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was happy with AmeriFreight's service. I just got out of the military and I was looking for something that was good for a veteran, where you can get a good discount, and I found them. The quote they gave me was a lot cheaper than all the other companies. The service that I got from their transport organizer was good. All the timelines I was sent were accurate. The delivery guys did a good job too. They came at the time they said they were gonna arrive and they loaded up the vehicle when they said were supposed to.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information