toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transporters?

If you are looking to transport a car I would highly recommend giving AmeriFreight a call. They are true to their word. This company gave me some much needed peace of mind throughout this process. They were just a phone call away and prompt in getting back to me in a very timely fashion. Very professional. The car arrived safe and sound. Thank you Graham and AmeriFreight for truly great experience.

I was totally surprised how fast everything happened. Within hours of calling AmeriFreight and talking with Lecia **, I received an email from her to contact a carrier. I called on a Monday morning and my vehicle was delivered on Friday, ONE DAY earlier than scheduled. The price was right as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a car dealer and my dealership sells Toyotas. I have to ship cars to different parts of the country. In a bidding situation, it isn't so much as maximum luxury or close-versus-open containers or things like that. It's about the budget and what we have. And Amerifreight has always consistently been the lowest bidder. I'm also comfortable dealing with them. I just call Lecia from Amerifreight by cellphone and tell her what I need, where it's going, and the budget. She's knowledgeable, friendly, gets the job done, and helps when she can.

I've only ever had one problem with Amerifreight and that was when I shipped three cars to California. Two of the transport companies Amerifreight contracted delivered it right at the customer's front door but one company asked my customer to meet him somewhere which was extremely inconvenient for the customer. But that's on the transport company and Amerifreight dropped that company since. Other than that, I had a very good experience with Amerifreight. They are good people to work with.

AmeriFreight

Dawn, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure assisting you with the shipment of your vehicle. Your agent, Graham will gladly assist you with any future auto transport needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We had a 1-15 day window for pickup of our car. In just a couple hours AmeriFreight found us a driver. They were very accommodating. Excellent communication.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was just getting an old car from my family member, and AmeriFreight had good reviews online. Their quote was good. I ended up paying a little bit more than what they gave, but not astronomically higher. The organizer was good, and he kept in contact frequently. When it turned out that there was a wrong quote, he promptly found another one that was better. Overall, it was a good deal, so I was pretty happy with the experience.

I bought a new 2016 Range Rover from a different state and needed to ship it from the dealer in Pennsylvania to my home in California. After researching multiple options online I called AmeriFreight and was immediately connected to Graham. I explained that I was looking for a fast turnaround because I wanted to have the car delivered before Thanksgiving. He walked me through the process and explained that he will search for a carrier that can meet these requirements. He called me back early the next day stating that he found a carrier and I authorized them to charge my card. The driver picked up the vehicle on time on Pennsylvania, and 4 days later, it was delivered to me in California unscathed. I couldn't have asked for a better scenario. 5 stars for setting the right expectations, meeting a narrow time window, and having the comfort of knowing AmeriFreight had my back if anything went wrong.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was great working with Ali from AmeriFreight. From beginning to end, she always called and checked in to let me know what was taking place and see how the process was going. Then when the driver came to pick up my car, he gave me his cell phone number and told me I can text him. He texted me to let me know where he is and all that other kind of stuff. It was a smooth transition to get my car to me scratch-free.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went on Angie's List and AmeriFreight was among the three top recommended and they were already checked out by the Better Business Bureau. They called me back right away, scheduled the move and picked up the car. They were wonderful and we were so pleased. It was my son's car that came from Connecticut down here to Georgia. The carrier driver talked to my son and they found an amicable place for him to pick up the car. The carrier was clean and it looked brand new. The driver was nice and he took good care of my son and the car. When the car was delivered, he put it right in the driveway and there was no damage. We would use him again, specifically. The rep was also wonderful. She was sick and was not at work but she still found the time to call me to make sure that whoever she had left our account with was on the ball and helping us out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving across the country. I looked up some reviews online and tried to find someone with very good reviews. I talked to AmeriFreight's organizer by email and by phone before deciding to go with them. He then put me in touch with the driver, and I talked to the driver from there. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

This is the second time I used the services. They provide worry free car transport needs. I will use them in the future if needed. Even though I lived in an area considered "remote" I still received competitive pricing. Thanks!

I had to move my parents due to illness, but the cost of transporting the car through the moving company was outrageous. I found AmeriFreight through an internet search and they were highly recommended by ConsumerAffairs so I gave them a call. So glad I did. They explained the bidding process and outlined the costs to me very well. I saved so much money and the transport was on-time. Definitely would recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight's rep was very helpful but the Phoenix Freight that picked up the car was not truthful with their date and time, and their time frame was off. They're not direct with their communication and they ended up bringing the wrong car to my son. He was so upset having waited all day. It's so difficult when somebody is working and he was so distressed about that. Nonetheless, their rep was very nice in trying to help out and communicated with us in a nice manner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My elderly mother was in Southern California, she's driving and her grandkids needed a car out here, so we needed to get the car shipped out this way from Southern California to New Hampshire. AmeriFreight was highly rated on Angie's List.

My wife and I fielded with the driver and she described them as very accommodating. We live on a residential area that wasn't conducive to getting the vehicle, bringing the truck into the neighborhood and unloading it there. And so he went to a local car dealership, parked, unloaded the car, and I drove it to our home. Then my wife showed him back where his truck was. This is the third car we've had shipped to us, we had shipped a different car from California, and a different one from Texas. In particular, the advance work done by AmeriFreight in the whole process, the communication ahead of time, the driver itself, and the amount of courtesy and accommodation from this guy were really appreciated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My grandfather was moving and we needed to get the car cross-country. I saw the reviews online for AmeriFreight, went with them, and the person who organized it handled everything. I just had to tell her the details of the trip and she put it out for bid and handled the rest. Then she called to tell me they will be coming the next day. So, from that perspective, it was a very easy process. I also really liked the guy who picked up the car and drove it cross-country as he was extremely nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On both ends, from the party that picked up our vehicles to those that dropped it off, the communication was very good. They kept us up to speed about where they were and what they were doing. The drivers were both professional and well spoken. And although the brokers were a little bit too much for me, they did fine. On the whole, it was a very good experience with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've only used a car transport twice, this was my second time. When I used it 12 years ago, they had a definite specific time we were going to pick it up and a specific time they were going to drop it off. Nowadays, you go through a broker and they broker it out to different truck drivers. So I told them that I've got an airplane to catch and I need to have my car picked up. They couldn't tell when will it be picked up until someone said: "Sure, I'll pick that one up for you." That was frustrating but that's typical of all broker transport companies, they put it out for bid. They put it out really low but then you end up paying quite a bit more.

In the end, it all worked out. The person that picked up my car and delivered it could not have been nicer. He was top notch. I called them every day and the guy was very nice to me and very patient. He understood where I was coming from. They do get reputable people to transport your car, it's not just anybody. I felt very comfortable that my cars were in good hands. It came in perfect condition. I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a job out in Raleigh, Durham and I needed a car. I didn't want to rent the whole time because that's very expensive so I shipped mine. AmeriFreight was one of the top of the list that I was looking at that was recommended. The person that I talked to got me going. The only problem was she talked so fast. I don't understand everything she's saying because she rattled off all the conditions. I know she’s trying to get through it but the main point is that the car got there in good shape and I'm happy about that. A little dirtier though, as expected. It's expensive but I think they all are. It all comes down to the driver and the luck of the draw, and hopefully get a good one, and he was.

However, it wasn't absolutely clear to me that I needed to pay the driver cash right then and there. I thought I was paying with a credit card when we discussed it, but I guess I was paying with the credit card for the service. They're basically a go-between to get a driver for me. I thought the credit card was to cover everything. So, when he was expecting cash from me, we basically went to the bank and got the money, and he was nice about that. It just put me on the spot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A lot of online companies nowadays are a bit sketchy, and I've seen a lot of negative complaints over them. They don't look as professional as AmeriFreight. AmeriFreight's website was laid out and everything was broken down into what the differences between a broker and a carrier are, among other things. It caught my interest right away. I started searching a little bit more on reviews, and as every company has negative feedback, the positive feedback was definitely more than the negative. So I took a chance, and I was not disappointed. The people that I talked to, including the manager that was handling my shipment, and the truck driver, were professional and easy to work with. I had to switch my dates and they were flexible with it. All in all, I was very happy with the experience. If I ever have to ship my car over again, I will use AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had tried to communicate with a couple of transport companies. Then when I talked with Jeff, the rep of AmeriFreight, he showed me that he would be the one that could do the job the way I needed it done. AmeriFreight gave me a quote from the people that they contract with. The carrier driver was a great guy. I would recommend him 100% because he did a great job from the time that he started with me and picked up my car until, on the other end, when his family member dropped the car off. I would highly recommend AmeriFreight. They do what they say they're going to do.

I moved from DC to CA and needed to ship my vehicle so that the long drive across the country wasn't an option. I contacted several vehicle transport companies and AmeriFreight was the first to make person-to-person contact with me. I was told all the terms of the contract and understood it. Graham at AmeriFreight found me a carrier within 4 days of agreeing to a contract. Pick up after that was 3 days. The timeline of contract signing to pickup was very reasonable because I was running out of time to get all my things shipped. Communications throughout the process of shipment was excellent! The only reason I gave a 4 star review is because the quote I was given was about $400 less than what I actually paid for the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an amazing experience with AmeriFreight. The young lady that helped me was fantastic as far as her follow through and keeping in contact with me is concerned. It was a really great experience after having a negative experience with another company and having to fire them and find a replacement within one day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to move across the country in the quickest way possible. I was looking at a lot of different reviews and then I heard that AmeriFreight is used by the police and a bunch of government officials. I figured, if they would use it continuously then it's probably fine. Amerifreight's transport organizer was all right and did his job in a pretty decent amount of time. The carrier driver was really nice and awesome and whenever I needed to talk to him, he was always there, ready to go, and answered all my questions. Everything went smoothly for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight was excellent. Our organizer was Rick and he was awesome. Any time I needed to get a hold of him, he answered. If I had any questions, he was available. There were no mistakes on his part and he made how the whole thing worked pretty clearly so it was a really smooth transaction. Then once we met the truck driver, he was awesome as well and it was super smooth getting the car picked up. We did it in about 10 minutes. The whole thing was just flawless pretty much. It was really straightforward.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got transferred from Fort Belvoir to Fort Lewis. It was a military PCS move. I looked online and AmeriFreight was up there as easy to use. The guy that I talked to on the phone was really good and wasn't pushy at all. He put the options and the facts out there and allowed me to make the decision instead of trying to push me into anything which I liked about him. That helps in its own right when the facts speak for themselves. The whole process took about a week and a half to two weeks before we got someone to take the bid and then they picked up the car on the date that I asked and dropped it off within 10 days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight explained the process to me really well. They told me that if there are any time delays on getting a broker or a driver, it's because they needed to find the right driver with the right conditions and agreed to whatever I had in place. When it was time for that, they contacted me and gave me the date and time that the car would be picked up. It was picked up a couple of days early, which was still fine with me because my flight was about a day before the car got here, and that was great.

They made me feel comfortable along the way because they got my car and I've only given them the down payment. Anything could happen. But they kept open communication which was absolutely stress-free for me because this has been a medical move and I'm under a lot of strain from my condition. That was a very pleasant and professional help for me to know that they were keeping in contact and not blocking my calls and they kept their word. The driver was extremely courteous. My sister received the car from him and she just loved him. She thought he was the most wonderful young guy, very polite, courteous, and respectful.

I have one tip and a lot of people are not too familiar with this service. They need to market on the elderly people who are moving towards closer to a family, to get the car there without them having to travel by themselves on highways days and night, and have the car delivered to their family's home. Other than that, my experience with AmeriFreight is superb and excellent. I recommended them to three different people already.

AmeriFreight Company Profile