2. Auto Transporters
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.32/5

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: price, quality and safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat their carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Discounts available

CONS

• Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time.

AmeriFreight Call Now Toll Free (770) 486-1010 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee, so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered. AmeriFreight can ship motorcycles, automobiles, trailers, RVs, boats, classic cars and trucks.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and the company provides discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1,050
HoustonSpokane$1,250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles, classic cars, trucks and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1,000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

AmeriFreight FAQ

Can AmeriFreight ship motorcycles?
Yes. In addition to cars, AmeriFreight can ship classic cars, motorcycles, trailers, RVs, boats and trucks.
Does AmeriFreight offer insurance?
Yes. The company's insurance covers up to $1,000 in the case of major events or $400 for minor damages.
How much does an AmeriFreight quote cost?
Nothing. AmeriFreight quotes are free.

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as its gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. We also like that the company ships trucks, motorcycles, RVs, trailers and boats in addition to cars. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

AmeriFreight was the best priced among everybody else that I looked at. They also had the best customer service. They stayed steady on their price and stayed consistent on the driver, the pick-up and everything. After all the hassle of trying to look for a car transport company from North California to Washington State, they just made the whole process very easy to deal with. I also go on ConsumerAffairs and look at ratings for everything. One of my influences for using AmeriFreight was one of the reviews that AmeriFreight was used for.

Customer service stayed very much in contact with us. In fact, the driver was supposed to call us a day or two prior and the agent named Emily helped out. She called and verified a couple of different times because we were moving across the country. With us moving, there was a lot going on and we were trying to finalize everything. Everything went fine with the delivery as well. We had set it up in a public area like a Safeway and it was dropped off in that area.

AmeriFreight was very good and everything went well. The only problem that I had was there were scratches on the vehicle. But I didn’t have time to file a claim for it because I shipped the car to my daughter and my daughter noticed the scratches a couple of days after the time period for filing a claim. I’m just gonna end up getting that repaired. Other than that, I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I was moving and needed to have my car shipped. I just graduated from Case Western in Ohio, and I was moving back home to Seattle. I did some research online and I got AmeriFreight. The transport organizer, Erica, was great. I thought I was giving her a difficult time because I thought that she was gonna call me when she found a truck. But then, she thought that I was gonna check my email. So, I didn't respond for a whole week. And then, when I checked my email, I found that she's been Gmailing me. I was like, "Oh, crap." So, it kinda gave her like a last-minute task because my flight was in five days. And then, she found one. It was great. It all worked out. I was super thankful.

The driver quoted me a date and they didn't call and didn't do anything. So, the trucking company is what I had a problem with. On the quoted date, I had to call in and they were like, "Oh, your car has been here for two weeks already. We haven't gotten to you. If you want, we can try and deliver it to you next day." And so, the next day came, they called me and were like, "Oh. I don't who was talking to you about that. But your thing was scheduled for another week." I went to pick up my car because I need it. Also, all the windows were open and the car was in the junkyard. And I did put a granola bar in there, which I didn't realize, and then, mice came inside, so I had to clean some of my interior stuff.

I would work with AmeriFreight again, but that trucking company clearly went past the date that they quoted me on, and it was gonna be an additional week and a half late, and my inside was a mess. I made sure I told the trucker, "Hey, even if it gets super hot, I don't think you should open my window." And he didn't communicate with them and so, the windows all open and the car sitting in the junkyard, animals went into my stuff. There were some animal feces in there too. It was super dirty. There were crumbs everywhere and it was not a pretty sight. But my car was fine. I wouldn't recommend the trucking company, but I'd recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I shipped a car a couple of times before and I was looking for a new company to ship my vehicle from the East Coast to the West Coast. I was doing a lot of research and I found AmeriFreight online. I liked their ratings and reviews, and then, I actually talked to them in person. I was impressed with the knowledge of the person and I had the feeling that there would be some follow-up and there was.

We were in D.C. and I thought I would have to go out to the outskirts, which I was prepared to do because a lot of places said you would have to do that. In the end, the driver called and said that they were just going to pull up. I told him I would meet him anywhere, wherever he could find a place to park and literally, it was a block from where I was and it was super easy. I was moving my son and we didn't need the car, so it wasn’t like a time crunch thing and I was told the transport would be within 7-10 days but it took seven days. The quote that was given to me was exactly the same as what I paid in the end. Plus, there was not a scratch on the car when it arrived. I would use AmeriFreight again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I was moving across country and I needed to ship one of my vehicles. I had Googled reviews and AmeriFreight had pretty good reviews. It was only a few days before it was supposed to ship, and I had called the person that was assigned to my shipping. She answered my questions but there was that lack of communication where I didn't know when I was gonna be contacted, what was going on, or were they actually going to ship my car.

So there should be better communication on what to expect next. Just like the driver showed up at the house for delivery, and my son was gonna deliver it and I sent him cash. They said part of it was credit card, part of it was cash. And that's fine. I had transferred my son the money. But there was no communication on when the driver was gonna show up. He just showed up. I had no idea when he was gonna show up.

The carrier driver was nice, but he was late. But the pick up was real quick. He pulled up and loaded the car, and off he went. I also expected the transport to be longer but it was only a couple days. The vehicle was really dirty when it arrived to its destination. But that was fine. It wasn't damaged and that was all I was really worried about. Overall, the experience was good. The end result was it was shipped without any damage at a reasonable cost.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I wanted to take my car back to Michigan and replace it. I went online and found that AmeriFreight seemed to have a reasonable price. They had good reviews. They were really nice people. The guy who picked up the car was from another company. The service was great and so were the people. The guy who came to get the car had to stop because he had a relative who was sick. But I didn’t care because I didn’t need the car when I got there. I didn’t want it to come early. They contacted me. Everything was perfect.

It was a great experience. The only negative part was the price wasn’t what I was quoted on the internet. They asked if I had more leeway and I said I had five to seven days. I gave it that five to seven days, but the price still seemed a little high. I didn’t really like getting an internet quote then having to judge between top quality ones and one that was a little less, and then finding out that they were just as much or more than the other one. It seemed like that was misleading and the price was a little high. The initial price was seven something but it ended up being 1,200 and something. That part was really aggravating.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Kaye ** was my agent. She walked me through everything. Helped me get my new car picked up and shipped quick and easy. There was an issue with a carrier but Amerifreight was fast to fix the problem with little stress to me. Would definitely use them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I'm shipping a vehicle this summer & doing research now so I don't get taken advantage of. This was the first broker I contacted after reading the article: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto/cost-to-ship-a-car.html. I gave the rep all req'd info & she was more or less vague the entire time. She was also quite condescending when I told her that I'd be shipping this summer. She proceeded telling me more than once that I was picking one of the most expensive times of the year to ship, college students are moving, schools are getting out, & that's what I can remember off the top of my head! I felt like I had gone to the principal's office.

Anyway, long story long, I called a second broker who refused to quote me because he said it was too far out and surprise, surprise, this lady has already sent me a quote for $925. I learned *so much* after talking to her competitor that I wanted to warn other people about AmeriFreight's practices. Maybe this is a one-off, maybe not. Do your homework, you've been warned.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

AmeriFreight set me up with a carrier. Long story short, Carrier damaged multiple aspects to my vehicle internally and won't take responsibility. Bottom line is I will be suing them. As for Amerifreight, knowing this occurred and that this carrier has a history of this behavior, Amerifreight continues to use them showing that they could care less about customers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

In September 2019, several sales representatives worked behind the scenes to manipulate a higher rate from us so that they can get a better commission. The manager Jorge reluctantly got involved after numerous calls and emails, because we did not get any service and communications from any of the sales rep on shipping after they took our money. I had to be in direct communication with the shipper and we both wanted to negotiate a reduced rate for an earlier departure but we couldn't do anything because AmeriFreight did not response to either of us to finalize my insurance packet or modify the total cost. It was also confusing because I couldn't tell if I was booked with two shippers because two shipping companies called me about AmeriFreight, and we never engaged any other shipping bookers.

Lecia ** started a contract but was not working every time I called and asked for her and she did not return calls. Sam was her sub when she was on leave, and she used high pressure tactics such as cancelling our contract interest with less than 24 hrs notice when we did not respond to a shipping offer on Labor Day, a holiday. Her offer price was high and we had to think about it. So when we learned she cancelled us, we signed up again to request shipping with them. That was a mistake. We should have trusted our instincts when we experienced high pressure and unethical business tactics.

Kathryn ** was the next sale rep who took our new contract interest. She gave us a better rate and we immediately accepted. I called to make payment but there was confusion with another sales rep because Kathryn could not be reached. The next day Sam/Lecia called to asked if we still wanted to ship. I said yes but am working with Kathryn since they cancelled my initial contract. She told me that she was going to talk to Kathryn and quickly got me off the phone. Kathryn told us that we can only ship at the higher initial rate and not the lower that she found for us. We weren't in a hurry for the vehicle and there was no reason for the high rate and pressure.

Despite the frustration, we finalized the shipping with them just to be done and to get our vehicle booked. This was the worst vehicle shipping experience. I would never use AmeriFreight again or recommend them to anyone. After they took our money, we couldn't get service. We were sent directly to voicemail and didn't get any call backs from Kathryn, Lecia, or Sam. Manager Jorge didn't respond to initial emails; he only responded when there was a sale rep with enough compassion to go to him on our behalf because our shipping date was upon us and we said that we couldn't tell if AmeriFreight double booked us because we didn't know what the competing sales reps booked.

Certainly not everyone at AmeriFreight has self-serving business practices because I was able to find two people who explained what should have happened and was empathetic. However, there is no compensation to the customer for their poor coordination and practices. I never heard if the manager spoke with the sales rep to correct these inappropriate practices. There are numerous emails and phone calls that documents and verifies these events.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

AmeriFreight handled shipping our car from central Florida to Saratoga Springs, NY back in May of this year. We had never done this and knew nothing of the process. Erica ** was our agent. She was so patient, friendly and professional. So when it came time to reverse the process we called her again. She found us a transporter in the time frame we needed and worked to get us the best price possible. She called us to keep us informed and checked after the car delivery to make sure all went well. The peace of mind dealing with AmeriFreight through Erica was priceless.

AmeriFreight Company Information