2. Auto Transporters

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.66/5

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: price, quality and safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat their carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweeten the deal.

PROS
  • Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Discounts available
CONS
  • Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time.

AmeriFreight Call Now Toll Free (678) 783-8206 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee, so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered. AmeriFreight can ship motorcycles, automobiles, trailers, RVs, boats, classic cars and trucks.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and the company provides discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1,050
HoustonSpokane$1,250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles, classic cars, trucks and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1,000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

AmeriFreight FAQ

Can AmeriFreight ship motorcycles?
Yes. In addition to cars, AmeriFreight can ship classic cars, motorcycles, trailers, RVs, boats and trucks.
Does AmeriFreight offer insurance?
Yes. The company's insurance covers up to $1,000 in the case of major events or $400 for minor damages.
How much does an AmeriFreight quote cost?
Nothing. AmeriFreight quotes are free.

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as its gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. We also like that the company ships trucks, motorcycles, RVs, trailers and boats in addition to cars. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight?

Original review: March 2, 2021

I purchased a car from someone in Louisiana and I live in Maryland. A friend of a friend had used AmeriFreight in the past so they recommended them. Customer service was responsive and they provided me with the information I needed to know. I had done some research online about other companies as well. I saw some reviews with transport services quoting one price and it ended up being another price when the car was delivered or there were damages to the car. I had some of those concerns and I was wary. But I didn't have any of those issues with AmeriFreight. The price they quoted me was what I ended up paying. Another thing that I read about was the car not being delivered when they said it would be. But my car was delivered on the date and time within the half hour of when AmeriFreight said it would arrive. It was a pleasant and positive experience.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I looked at three transport companies online as we had two cars that we needed to ship out. I chose AmeriFreight because they got back to me fastest. The transport was under 3,000 miles, from California to Georgia. It was a good haul. The guy that picked our cars up was really nice. We had to get an Uber from the pick-up spot to go back to our house and the guy let me use his Uber in his phone because I was having trouble with the app on my phone. He was great. My son then picked the cars up on this end in Georgia. He overslept and there was a little issue. He called the driver and begged the guy to stay where he was. My son and a couple of his friends drive out and picked up the two cars. The driver was pretty cool about that.

The cars were picked up on the day they were promised to be picked up and everything was delivered on the time. The cost ended up being a lot more than we thought but it wasn't too much of a surprise. They wanted to take the cars a week earlier than we wanted and it would have been cheaper then. But we ended up having the cars taken during the Christmas week and we were told that's one of the most expensive weeks. Overall, AmeriFreight was great and I would recommend them. We have friends moving out to this area in December and they have two cars so we might use them again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I went with Amerifreight based on a referral. I dealt with one of the ladies via email and she was very thorough and responsive. Before the vehicle was picked up, I got a call from a guy a couple times to coordinate the transaction and finalize stuff. They delivered it to the wrong spot though. We had an original drop-off location of Telluride, Colorado. We were having trouble getting a vendor to pick it up so they changed the drop-off to Montrose which is an hour away. When it ended up getting passed to the transport company, they must have switched the city names by accident. It was our road address but it was the city of Montrose which was where the truck driver was looking for us. We ended up driving down about an hour and a half to pick up the vehicle. Other than that, everything was great. The process was clear and transparent. The price was fair and it was exactly what they said it would be.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The AmeriFreight rep gave me the information for the carrier. The carrier then contacted me and scheduled the location to pick up the vehicle. The only thing that I didn't like was that I had to meet them about a mile away from my house to give them the vehicle. But I do understand. They have a very large vehicle and they can't park it on a street with driveways and block people’s driveways. Then we had the vehicle delivered to someone else because my daughter was not there at the time, and they did keep in contact with that individual as far as delivery.

Original review: March 30, 2021

AmeriFreight is not cheap, but they're one of the cheaper ones. I talked to their reps for a good 30 minutes and they answered all the questions. They were good about everything. I called the people and they gave me the driver’s number. Then he called me when he was 15 minutes out and then he pulled up. All the communication was there, so everything was really good.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The sales rep was upfront about their services. She was very detailed in her explanation. The initial quote was low, but she told me it would be. Then when the final came in, it was about what the others had, which she prepared me for. So that was good. The pick-up was good, it was just really late. Then the delivery was a last-minute change. Thank god I had a co-worker that could drive me from the airport out about 30 minutes away from where it was supposed to be delivered so that I could pick up my vehicle. Because I live in Virginia, they're narrower streets and the car carrier couldn't get in. But I didn't know that until after they picked up the vehicle. So that was a little disheartening. That wasn't anything the rep could handle, but the car carrier needed to make that clear.

Original review: March 16, 2021

AmeriFreight was really open. I had a good discussion with them about the how and what. They were updating me with the quotes. It was definitely worth it to pay the extra fee to let AmeriFreight handle the transport of our car from the West Coast to the East. It all was a positive experience. In the end, the cost ended up a little bit more expensive than I thought. But the service AmeriFreight provided as an intermediary was pretty good.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Melissa with AmeriFreight quickly responded to our inquiry about transporting our car from WA to NC and found an auto carrier within our budget within a few days. She answered all our questions about the various options and was readily available throughout the entire process. This was our first time transporting a car, and we were satisfied with the experience from start to finish.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Our agent Brandon was very helpful and informative. He explained the process accurately and we got a good price. Car arrived a little late due to snow but arrived in great condition. We were very happy with the service we received.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I was a little apprehensive about the entire process of shipping my car across the country, but I was pleasantly surprised about how easy the process was. My car arrived safely and the driver we worked with was great! No hiccups along the way, although we did pay more than what was quoted.

AmeriFreight Company Information