toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transporters?

If you are looking to transport a car I would highly recommend giving AmeriFreight a call. They are true to their word. This company gave me some much needed peace of mind throughout this process. They were just a phone call away and prompt in getting back to me in a very timely fashion. Very professional. The car arrived safe and sound. Thank you Graham and AmeriFreight for truly great experience.

I was totally surprised how fast everything happened. Within hours of calling AmeriFreight and talking with Lecia **, I received an email from her to contact a carrier. I called on a Monday morning and my vehicle was delivered on Friday, ONE DAY earlier than scheduled. The price was right as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a car dealer and my dealership sells Toyotas. I have to ship cars to different parts of the country. In a bidding situation, it isn't so much as maximum luxury or close-versus-open containers or things like that. It's about the budget and what we have. And Amerifreight has always consistently been the lowest bidder. I'm also comfortable dealing with them. I just call Lecia from Amerifreight by cellphone and tell her what I need, where it's going, and the budget. She's knowledgeable, friendly, gets the job done, and helps when she can.

I've only ever had one problem with Amerifreight and that was when I shipped three cars to California. Two of the transport companies Amerifreight contracted delivered it right at the customer's front door but one company asked my customer to meet him somewhere which was extremely inconvenient for the customer. But that's on the transport company and Amerifreight dropped that company since. Other than that, I had a very good experience with Amerifreight. They are good people to work with.

AmeriFreight

Dawn, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure assisting you with the shipment of your vehicle. Your agent, Graham will gladly assist you with any future auto transport needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We had a 1-15 day window for pickup of our car. In just a couple hours AmeriFreight found us a driver. They were very accommodating. Excellent communication.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Amerifreight rep I was initially dealing with took care of things for me. She was great and friendly. Although I had another rep who didn't really know what was going on and was rude. But the carrier driver has been good. And when he couldn't deliver the truck into my subdivision, because of certain guidelines and regulations that AmeriFreight has, he drove the vehicle to my house. It was a good experience and I'm satisfied. I'd use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was no longer needing my vehicle so I sold it and I needed to ship it to the new owner. I have used AmeriFreight before and it was very bad, poor customer service. But since I was in a time crunch, I decided to use them again. The free quote I got was fine and reasonable and the transport organizer was really responsive and very clear in reminding me of how shipping a car would work because it was a couple of years ago since I shipped my l5ast car. It was very easy and the process took no more than 3 days. Despite my previous poor experience, this time was a good and really wonderful experience because of the person I worked with.

I was given a car by a family member in Maryland, and I needed to transport it to Utah. I requested estimates from several companies with very good reviews. All of the companies provided me with estimates around $1200 except for AmeriFreight; their estimate was $985. I decided to go with AmeriFreight because price was my major consideration, and they had great reviews. I signed up with AmeriFreight over the phone, and provided my debit card number. I also agreed to their terms over the phone, and through their website. I worked with Graham **, and he emailed me a document with several attachments, which, foolishly, I did not read before agreeing to their terms. I agreed to an 8.75% convenience fee to have them pay the driver on my behalf, and also signed up for optional gap coverage for $98. The terms state that they can go up to $300 over the amount of the estimate.

I asked Graham how much I could reasonably expect to pay on our call, and it was determined that it would likely be around $1200, about the same price as the other companies. I found out after signing up with AmeriFreight and providing my debit card number that AmeriFreight had been paying their customers to leave positive reviews. I saw an alert on the BBB website. I did not try to back out because at that point I did not believe that I could without paying a hefty fee. I gave AmeriFreight 1/30/2017 until the end of February to find a driver, and have the car delivered. I was also told that I had 12 hours to respond when they found a driver, which was important because I needed to coordinate with the family member in Maryland who gave me the car. As it turned out, I needed to respond immediately, and this was a huge inconvenience.

I finally told AmeriFreight that the pickup would have to be on a Saturday, and they are able to accommodate me with this. I ended up paying $1410 in total, which was a lot more than I had anticipated, but I realize now that it was within their terms. AmeriFreight lost my debit card number, and I had to provide it again, but AmeriFreight assured me that my card number was secure. I really hope that it is! They found the driver on a Thursday, the pickup was that Saturday, and I was told that my car should be delivered that Wednesday or Thursday. My car was delivered Tuesday 2/14/2017 around 7:30 am, which I am very happy about. The driver was Ramaz Trans Inc, and my contact was Teona. She kept me informed the entire time. When my car was delivered, the driver did not fully unload the car when he had me sign the bill of lading.

I wish now that I had insisted that he completely unload it so that I could inspect it beforehand, but I have not noticed any damage. The car was transported in an open carrier, and was absolutely filthy when I got it. AmeriFreight was adamant that I had to have my own insurance on the car, even though I didn't own it when it was transported. My advice if you decide to go with AmeriFreight is to read all of the documents before agreeing to anything, and to ask a lot of questions. AmeriFreight is a broker, and I was told that the broker fee on my order was around $400, which I was told was included in the amount of my original estimate . AmeriFreight told me that the driver asked for an additional $215, and that is why the cost increased. I really wish that I had understood the fees fully before I signed up. I agreed to leave honest reviews once my order was completed, and I was not compensated to leave this review.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were moving and my husband's in the military, so I needed to ship my vehicle. But I had a really bad experience with a different company that didn't get anything done for me. So when I saw that Amerifreight's reviews on ConsumerAffairs were fantastic, I called them and within two days, we got a company to ship my car. It was awesome. Lesha was fantastic. She was very informative and helped me with any questions I had. I was very happy with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight was very responsive when I had to get my vehicle from San Diego to New York. Their quote wasn't the best but I was in a bind and had to do it last-minute and it came through. The transport organizer called and emailed a few times. I filled out the form and she put in a bid. She helped me in the whole process and it was nice. It worked out once I had completed the stuff. I can't believe how smoothly it went with the actual transportation company. They picked it up and it was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When the car I bought in Ohio was to be shipped to Utah, AmeriFreight helped me and figured everything out for me. Their carrier driver was professional and the car was in a great condition when I got it. Also the agent that I worked with has done a really good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was moving, AmeriFreight had the cheapest rates so I used them. Their transport organizer was very friendly and knowledgeable. The driver was a little late but only because the car that they had to take up before was running late. So, it wasn't his fault. He was able to keep me updated where he was at and gave me a time for a new pick up. It was fantastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving, so I went on the internet and did a little bit of research. Called a few people up but I picked Amerifreight. Had a very pleasant experience with them. Their carrier driver was very thorough and very good. My car came in good condition and the whole thing went smoothly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a good experience with AmeriFreight. Their transport organizer were knowledgeable and friendly, the trucking company that they got was excellent, and the carrier driver was great. They were good and accommodating, but their price was a little higher than I expected. I think because it starts off at a certain value. They sent out a bid to find someone in the area and they came back with one that was really too high. When I said no, they said "Fine." Then they came back a few days later with another one bid that's lower. They closed up at $750. They did a good job and the car went down there right away. There was no time wasted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in Mississippi and I just moved to Washington State during Christmas and New Year. If I went on a road trip, I would have missed Christmas and all the holidays. So, I opted to have my vehicle shipped. Since I used Amerifreight back in 2014 when I shipped the car from Washington State to Washington D.C., I went ahead and used them again. Ali, the transport organizer was always on top things, checked in every week even if it took a little while to get the carrier signed up. I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was shipping my car from Salt Lake City to Maryland and AmeriFreight was a reference from somebody else that had used them. It was somewhat frustrating experience because it has a very different way of doing business that I'm not used to where you don't get much information. I just give them a bunch of money and trust them that they're gonna do what they say they do. The timing is very imprecise, on the pick up and the delivery, but that's understandable. They could've done a little bit better job of describing it. What happened was my car beat me here. I was still in Salt Lake when my car was here and they said that I have to pick it up. It was a little bit nerve-racking because they said they were going tow my car away if somebody didn't pick it up. But they did a beautiful job of getting my car here and the truck driver was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I enjoyed my experience with Amerifreight, with one exception. I did not know that they only provided one ramp per move. I had two trailers. And so, I thought I would get two ramps, one for each trailer. They said the ramp comes with the trailer. I only got one trailer at a time when I loaded the lawn mower and I need two ramps load a Zero Turn lawn mower. When I talked to them about having it both come out the same time, so that I would have both ramps to unload it, they said no. So I had this big, monstrous lawnmower on there with no way to get it off. They said, "Oh well, it's a liability issue. We don't want you to put lawnmowers on there." And I told them, "It's already on there. I got to get it off somehow."

So my son devised a homemade ramp which was even much more of a liability issue than if I had to have their very safe ramp. I was told by one of the people that I talked to that she had encountered the same problem with a couple of other customers who were expecting two ramps and who had a lawnmower issue. In the end, I used a ramp that the neighbor had, so other than that, it was a very good experience and I thought, both trailers cost me $3,700. They were filled to the brim and I couldn't have asked for any better pricing. I would recommend them, but with some warnings about the ramp issue. And I have already, to other friends who were moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight had good online reviews but the price was a little higher than expected. They told me initially depending on the availability that could happen but it's only a few more dollars. I submitted my request then they contacted me via phone that I needed to submit a formal request on their system. They explained all the different options for insurance, and they'd be placing my order on the tracker and that as soon as they get something they will call me back.

A few hours later they had one driver that was able to pick up my vehicle. They would like to verify that it was okay with the small difference and then to go through the process of getting the car inspected and delivered. I was surprised that the process went extremely fast because last time I used another carrier, it was three days or more. The person that was handling this was on top of everything. Even if I was not on the phone or online he was trying to reach out to me because he said that he wanted to give me the best service he could and he was quite outstanding.

I have had many cars transported over the past 10 years. The experience that I had with AmeriFreight was, by far, the best so far! Graham ** at AmeriFreight was efficient, knowledgeable and customer focused.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the military, PCS, and unfortunately, the military doesn't cover shipping a vehicle CONUS so I had to do it out-of-pocket. AmeriFreight has good reviews and also price-wise they're good. They were very helpful and understanding to my timeline and needs. They worked with me and let me know if there was any change or updates, as far as what the plan was to ship our car. Overall, it was a very good and smooth experience, and put the stress off of me during the move.

I just wanted to say how pleased it was using your services and the professionalism that was put on display. I called late afternoon on Thursday for a vehicle transport. Was put in contact with Benjamin **. He was able to take care of my interests and told me he will start first thing in the morning. Lunch time the next day he had a driver lined up and car was picked up by 3:30 that afternoon. I had the car in my hands 47 hrs later on that Sunday. This template of service seems to be dying in all segments yet, it is great to see some actually doing what they offer. Thanks again for everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I began working with one person and from what it sounded like, he got fired. Then somebody else took over. And so, there was a little bit of a lack of communication on Amerifreight's part. I had to call them and check in a little more than I would have. It wasn't proactive on their end but it got resolved.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a vehicle out of state and I needed to ship it. AmeriFreight was a prior customer's recommendation. I started with an online quote and right away they gave me a good quote and an order number that I could reference. It had a guy's name and a phone number on it. He was really easily accessible, answered emails promptly, and answered his phone when I called. If he didn't answer the phone, he did get right back to me. It was very good. He was very helpful and explained the whole process, insurance, how they did and how they quote. From the initial quote to the delivery of the car, it took a week. They were fair, reliable, and it was an excellent overall experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw many good feedback online about AmeriFreight so I decided to go for them. At the very beginning I was given a quote of $800 and that was really cheap. But, I found out late that was just the initial quote and they still had to find a carrier and it might go over that. I ended up paying about $1,400 which is a lot more but I had no choice because at the end I had to do it anyway. The whole process went very well. I just gave my address for the pick up location and the delivery location. They showed up exactly on time with the exact kind of carrier and everything was done properly.

The only thing that really put me down was the price. It was during Christmas and New Years but if I knew in advance it was not going to be $800, I probably would have never gone for it because I could easily rent something from U-Haul or from Penske for the dolly which I could pull my car myself when I drove to California so I didn't have to pay twice that. Nonetheless I am satisfied and I would still recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving to another state and I need to ship my vehicle. AmeriFreight is faster and they always answer the phone so I chose them. It's a car and you have to be careful but the quote was a little higher than others. But, the process only took two days from calling them, having the free quote option and them coming. Everything was excellent and they are also very nice and courteous so I will recommend them. Although they told me I am going to have a gift in exchange for a review but I got nothing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating and needed to ship my vehicle from Phoenix to Ohio. I checked Angie's List for move specialists, and AmeriFreight was listed there as the first company. I checked AmeriFreight out and asked them for a quote estimate, and initially, the sum they quoted was less, $1800, and I said that I was okay with that. However, on the second day, AmeriFreight called and told me that they had contacted the transport company and now had the exact quote of $2000. They asked me if I was okay with that, and I agreed as I was in a hurry. They gave us the Bulldog Trucking Company.

I asked for a closed truck, but they gave an open one instead. They clearly said that they would take the vehicle on Monday but they didn't come then and I got a call telling me that they were not coming on Monday due to some issues. They said that they would come on Tuesday but they came on Thursday. They picked the vehicle up and delivered it on the same day, as they had committed. The car was old already so it doesn't matter that it was on an open truck, but I got my vehicle on the committed time. It was a really good service.

AmeriFreight Company Profile