Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

Before you decide to ship, call AmeriFreight today. The AmeriFreight team would love to be your auto transport partner.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweetens the deal.

PROS

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Free quotes
  • Discounts available

CONS

• Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews

04/11/2019

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

04/25/2019

Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time.

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and they provide discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1050
HoustonSpokane$1250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as their gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I was moving a vehicle from East Coast to West Coast where I’m currently living and since I had used AmeriFreight four-ish years ago for a similar route with a different vehicle, I went straight to them. With the first time, I went through a few different options on the website and it still worked but this time, their website has improved a lot. It was a lot easier to navigate as far as trying to check and make sure that they’re still decent. The service provider I got was also very prompt. They were prompt last time as well but this time, he called me back within 24 hours with a carrier option. He was also able to advise me based off of the patterns for the season as far as if there was a good likelihood where we would get additional options and what the price range would be within those options.

The quote was higher than I was expecting. Last time, it cost me about $1,000 to get the car cross-country and that was during the winter season. But given that it has been four years and gas is expensive, I wasn’t too terribly put out with the increase. The rep was also fairly upfront with what the end dollars would be and there weren't any additional fees that I had to worry about. AmeriFreight also still offers additional insurance for anything that the carrier operator's insurance would not cover if the vehicle were to be damaged by storms in transit or on its way to us off the rig.

When the rep contacted me after I had signed the contract, I thought that it would be pretty instant to the carrier. But when I called the carrier to confirm some details, they had only just gotten the information. So I was a little ahead on that one. But for the pickup, I was told that getting a pickup vehicle down was hard so the location ended up being a parking lot. But it was the same location as last time and it was easy to follow. I had a family member on the East Coast handling the pick-up and he didn’t have any issues. The route was approximately the same and there was an establishment of communication. I was given the carrier’s information if I needed to follow up with them. But I wasn't stressed out about it at all and it was pretty hands-off this time.

For the drop-off over here, I got a call a couple of hours in advance. The carrier had also given me a call before that, giving me the range so we could expect the drop-off. Last time, they ended up delivering three days in advance of what they had quoted me and I had to scramble a little bit. But this time, it was right on the nose from the estimate. So that was reassuring. You can expect to wash your car at the end unless you're getting covered transport. But the experience was on par with my expectations and I would certainly use AmeriFreight again or recommend them to others if they had to do a similar coast-to-coast route. Harry, the agent I worked with, was very helpful, upfront and prompt. So I’d recommend him in particular.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Shipping my daughter's car through Amerifreight was definitely the right choice out of the numerous quotes we had to choose from. You see, my daughter is a young adult in the US Navy and is currently stationed in California. Home, however, is in Indiana. There are 2,183 miles between us. But of course, I still get to do some of her legwork and still the one to read the fine print on important decisions. Back in March she drove her car home for me to keep safe while she went on a 6 month deployment to Japan. We had originally hoped and planned that when she returned Stateside I could drive her car back to California for her and hopefully take in some sights but, over the months, circumstances for both of us changed and it just wasnt a feasible trip. Regardless, she NEEDED her car for work and getting around an enormous base.

We considered several options but after researching ideas and weighing costs, we decided to have her car shipped. Being a first time for both of us looking into Car shipping, we were kind of overwhelmed. We had no clue how it all worked at first so I dug into the internet. I looked up several sites that compare multiple car shipping sites at one time and considered their reviews. I must've read about 50 different Car Shipping Companies from the comparison sites. But, only a few made the cut on all the lists and even less made it in the top 5 ranked Shipping Companies in every comparison. AmeriFreight was the only car shipping company who checked out across the board. Working with a desperate for her car daughter, little money, and it being the week before Thanksgiving no less, I fearfully and naively requested quotes from all of the few that were in the top 5.

Almost immediately, all of them responded but, only 1 fell within our budget. Again, it was AmeriFreight. So, when Richard **, a representative from AmeriFreight, personally contacted me regarding their quote I secured them as our team. Richard explained the shipping process in detail. We learned that places like AmeriFreight are sort of the middleman between the customer and the Carrier Companies. Richard negotiated on our behalf with those companies. We only had $900 we could pay and not a penny more. Being the week of Thanksgiving, the average price from all of the Carriers was well over $1100. But Richard went above and beyond refusing to give up until he found us a Carrier, at our asking price, and one with an A+ rating. He worked the details out with the Carrier and explained the rest of the process we would go through from that point.

The Carrier driver called me direct at that point and confirmed AmeriFreight's arrangement. I met the driver at our discussed time, signed off, and off the car went to California. Within 3 days my daughter had her car back safe and sound. I have a very happy daughter and she has her car. We owe it all to AmeriFreight and specifically, Richard **. He was professional and down to earth but most importantly, he knows his job and does it well all while jumping through hoops to oblige his customer's needs. Here's 4 thumbs up from my daughter and I for AmeriFreight. We will definitely choose them for all of our car shipping needs in the future!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We lived in Maryland and my husband accepted a new job that required him to travel. His first assignment is out here in Washington State. We have a fifth wheel travel trailer that we were moving across the country but there was no way I was gonna drive our car myself so, we decided to go ahead and have it shipped. I've never had a vehicle shipped before, so I really didn't know where to start. I was using Google to do a web search, find the top picks, and do the very careful research of each review of the company. I found AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight had the great good fortune of having my call initially answered by a young lady named Nicole. She spent 15 minutes with me walking me through step-by-step how it's done, how shipping is accomplished, and that they're a broker. The fact that she spent that much time with me just on my initial call, sort of confirmed my inclination to go with AmeriFreight. It was solely based on Nicole's kindness.

What we paid in the end was about the same and there was no variation in the cost. However, the timing was amazing to me. Among the things I had read when I was doing my research is that it could take up to 30 days to have your vehicle go from point A to point B and I was a little leery. But I ended up getting my vehicle picked up on a Friday and delivered to me the following Thursday. I couldn't believe it and I was amazed at how quickly it got here. And Nicole called me every few days throughout the process telling me if my car has been picked up, where it is, and when they expect to get it to me.

We were already out here in Washington when they picked the vehicle up. My neighbor who supervised the process and the gentleman who picked it up was very accommodating. He seemed to really have a focus on doing a good job and making sure my vehicle was safely loaded and on its way. Then, the gentleman who actually delivered it here in Washington called me a couple of different times over the last two days before it arrived and making sure I knew practically minute by minute where he was, when he would be here, and when he would be able to unload the car. The communication, which was the biggest thing to me, ended up being just superb. Also, the vehicle was perfect when it arrived and was exactly as I left it. She needed a bath, but that's understandable. It was a 3,000 mile-trip.

AmeriFreight is the absolute best in terms of customer service. They were very diligent with their communication and they get how important this is to me. It was a little Honda CRV that I, one person, own and they probably ship thousands of vehicles a year, I would imagine, but they made me feel as if my vehicle was the only one they were shipping. That meant a lot to me. To folks who might be in the same situation as I was, there's a company out there that literally will take your concerns into heart and treat you as well as they treated me.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My son was going to school in Texas and he was living on campus at first. Then, a situation came about and we had to move him from off campus, so he needs a transportation from where he was staying to go to school. When I kinda averaged it out between driving the car out there and shipping it, I would be paying equivalent or little bit more for the convenience of me not stressed in driving across half the country for about 1,800 miles. I had to go through references and since I worked for the Port of Oakland, I went to one of our contacts here and asked who would he refer. He gave me three options and AmeriFreight was one of them. I took advantage of their free quote option and what I got was very affordable. But it cost a couple of hundred dollars more in the end because what was consistent from the people I spoke to was they post the lowest price, then the drivers go on their board.

Things also went a little slow with the transport organizer at first but because I was anxious to get the car out. One time, he arranged something then the driver had to get back to us and decline because one of his pick-ups had two cars, but they only stated they had one. Then someone called back the next day and said they could do it. Things went quickly after that.

The driver, Daniel, was great and absolutely wonderful. I have a block number, so he didn't answer my call initially. And when I called back, he explained that generally, he doesn't answer that, but he told me call anytime. And he knew I was calling when I did call a couple of times. I had my brother with me when I met him because I was skeptical over the whole thing. But when I first met him, he was totally business-like. He told us to take as many as pictures as we want and to feel free to ask questions. And any questions we had, he answered.

He also gave me the date he planned on being there and he was there a day later than he thought, but he explained that he does pick up and drop off on the way also. Daniel was more than willing to meet my son, because my son is on a baseball scholarship, so his classes, work out, and practices were all so tight. There was a small window for him to pull away but Daniel said that there would be no problem. He said that if he couldn't get his truck there, they'd make arrangement, so he was very accommodating. He picked up the car on a Friday and he wanted to get there on a Tuesday, then he said it'd be on Wednesday. Then on Thursday afternoon, he finally got there. All of them from AmeriFreight were great from the beginning, so I was very grateful.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My wife and I were living in Oregon and we decided to move back to Georgia. That time, we weren’t driving across the country. We were just gonna fly so I wanted to ship my car with someone reputable. I called AmeriFreight and I spoke with their rep, Kimberly. She made it so that it was a good experience and I felt no stress whatsoever. We spoke one day and she found me a carrier the next day or the day after.

When AmeriFreight first gave me the price, it looked right to me, but they called back to let me know that they had made an error and that they have charged me more than they should have. So, they gave me the money that they charged extra back. They are an honest company doing honest work and looking out for the customer and I also wasn’t expecting it because I thought it was correct, to begin with. The whole process was awesome. Once the carrier came over to pick up the car, he was professional. He picked up the car and it was delivered on time.

My father-in-law, who had passed away, had a Mustang that he had left in New York in Rhode Island. At the time, he had been working on it and it was inoperable. My wife and I decided that because it was her father’s car and she grew up with it, we were gonna keep it, but we needed to send it down here. I had worked with another company to see if we can get it moving, but they were taking forever to find a carrier. Once they found the carrier, we had a horrible experience with the carrier. They were unprofessional and there was a lot of miscommunication. When the actual driver arrived with the freight, he said that he didn’t know that it was inoperable even though we had mentioned it several times and the broker had said it several times as well. He delayed the transport even more. We ended up canceling because it was just too much of a hassle and we didn’t wanna deal with the driver. We needed to find someone else.

I decided to go with AmeriFreight again to see if they can do a better job. I spoke with Kimberly again and I told her the whole situation, and she went above and beyond again. A couple of days later, they found me a carrier within the price range that we were looking for and she made sure that they had good ratings. The car arrived a day later after the guy picked it up. AmeriFreight did an incredible job. It was so starkly different from working with the other company and I couldn’t believe it. I kept asking myself why I didn’t use AmeriFreight, to begin with. Kimberly really helped me out. She was on top of it and she kept me in the loop. She would call me every day and let me know where we were at. She called me after both deliveries to make sure that everything was okay. I had excellent experience with AmeriFreight and I would definitely, 100% recommend them to whoever, a friend of mine or whoever needs a vehicle transport.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

AmeriFreight handled shipping our car from central Florida to Saratoga Springs, NY back in May of this year. We had never done this and knew nothing of the process. Erica ** was our agent. She was so patient, friendly and professional. So when it came time to reverse the process we called her again. She found us a transporter in the time frame we needed and worked to get us the best price possible. She called us to keep us informed and checked after the car delivery to make sure all went well. The peace of mind dealing with AmeriFreight through Erica was priceless.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I recently moved from California to Washington and needed my car to be shipped within a very limited window of time. Harry ** from AmeriFreight provided a quote immediately following my inquiry. He also consistently called me with specific details for the car shipping process as we went along and was excellent in answering any questions. He assured me that it’s typical to get an available driver on the first date of pick up (especially going up the 5 North from California to Washington), which is exactly what happened! He was accommodating of all my needs, e.g. budget, having another person at pickup, and specific dates/times for pickup and delivery. Thank you so much for getting my car to Seattle so quickly and within my budget of under $1000!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I was super stressed about finding a good company to transport my brand new SUV cross-country from California to Ohio. But our AmeriFreight rep, Samantha **, made it completely worry free. From getting me a quote in a timely manner to answering my 1000 questions, she was always available to me. And our car arrived even faster than expected and in excellent condition. Samantha made this process the easiest part of our move. I definitely recommend using them for your transport needs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I had just finished medical school, and I was moving from Miami to two hours south of Chicago. I had a wedding to go to, so I didn't wanna drive my car to California and then to Illinois. So then, I figured I'll just ship my car to Illinois. It seemed to be a better option at the time, and everything worked out. I was looking online, and then I spoke to a bunch of different people from different companies. AmeriFreight gave me a very good rate compared to the other companies. Also, the customer service rep was friendly and personable. I felt like I wasn't just business. The driver came a little early, and he was friendly too. He was cool and we looked over the car together and I have no complaints. I got my vehicle, and everything went well. I'd definitely recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We were moving and AmeriFreight made it easy to ship my car. They explained the quote and the different options they had really well. The quote was competitive too. The people there were also always good. They knew what they were talking about and were quick and helpful. The transport took about five days and when my car arrived, it was in good condition, same as when it left. I also had the driver's phone number. He had reached out to me and in the hour that I had a question, I called him too.

AmeriFreight Company Information