AmeriFreight

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight gave me the lowest quote for shipping my cars. However, after talking to the organizer a few times concerning the details, the price ended up being much more than what was initially quoted. They explained that the quote is what they put it out for if they don’t get anyone to respond. And that these are the bids that people came back with so it’s up to the customer to either accept or reject it. They can’t guarantee that that’s gonna be the amount.

I don’t mind. I went on and did it and then they picked up as scheduled. The carrier driver met us at a parking lot, loaded the cars, no issues. But I think they delivered in two or three days instead of the seven to 10 that I was quoted so I had scramble to arrange for somebody to meet them on the other end to receive the cars. He pretty much picked up and delivered straight there. Had I known that, I would have had a later pick-up date. Also, it would just be great to have more clarity of pricing at the front end. I selected them for being the lowest bidder. I ended up paying as much or more than what the other folks quoted. That will be a little more disclaimer on that.

We purchased a vehicle while in Georgia and needed it shipped back to our home in Louisiana. My husband got a quote from AmeriFreight and we’re satisfied with it. The transport organizer answered all my questions and was very courteous. The delivery was very quick and efficient. Beginning to end, the process took three weeks. We’re happy with it. We have recommended it to some of our neighbors already.

Aly, the organizer from AmeriFreight was helpful and the driver was friendly. The car came on time and we were rushing the car then. I wish it was a little bit cheaper but it's okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I picked AmeriFreight because I bought my brother’s truck and wanted it transported from South Dakota to Florida. I used their free quote and got a decent one. The transport organizer and transporter were very courteous, honest and professional and they delivered earlier than expected. I would definitely use them again for transporting vehicles without a doubt.

I had bought a vehicle in California and needed it back to Florida so I called AmeriFreight, after I googled something and saw them as one of the top 5 to call. I used their free quote option was happy with the whole thing because it was a 100% good deal. The transport organizer was responsive and was helpful. He worked in a pretty quick manner for what I wanted it done for. It was easy to talk to him and easy to get back to him. He called me back when he was supposed to. He answered my phone calls when I made them and everything worked out great. The experience was very professional, pleasant and easygoing team to deal with. I have no complaints whatsoever, no arguments.

I was given a really good quote but it was a matter of waiting some period of time for someone to bid that price to do it. I got in a hurry so I said, "I needed it done right away" and he gave me a decent quote for that and did it. The vehicle got picked up on the 6th until the 7th of April and it was delivered just five or six days later, the following Friday. When you’re loading a trailer that big with that many cars, 3000 miles, it’s a long trip plus they got other cars to pick up and stop, that’s a pretty quick time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

I transferred from New Hampshire to California and had my vehicle transported two months ago. I searched on the internet, AmeriFreight gave me a quote and I decided to go with them. The carrier driver was friendly and they delivered my car on time, which is most important for me. Everything was great and I had a good experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with AmeriFreight was perfect. My truck had a blown head gasket. I started calling. I checked around for quotes and their’s was cheaper. It took two days to process and on the day of delivery the carrier driver called me when she was close like I asked her. I met her and she dropped off the truck. She took it off within 10 minutes off of the truck. She was great and she took care of my truck.

I just moved and I needed my vehicle shipped. AmeriFreight had good reviews, so I went with them. I got a quote from them and it was fair and accurate. Their transport organizer and I had a couple of calls, and they were very clear and straightforward with everything including the price. On the day of the move, the people who actually own the consultation were also very clear and kept me updated all along. The driver gave me a heads up on when and what time he would be coming. He also called me in half an hour before picking up and then before dropping.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband PCS’ed and chose AmeriFreight to ship the vehicle near base because of it’s rating on Better Business Bureau. The organizer helped relieve a lot of the stress that was put on us at the time. He was able to pretty much take care of all of our needs, any questions, and he followed through every time he said he would. My husband said he also liked the carrier driver and that he was nice. Altogether, the process took probably about a month but the shipping only was less than a week.

I needed to ship a vehicle and got AmeriFreight since their rating was good. They gave me a quote that's low but we ended up paying a lot more. I was okay with it but my husband was upset. But the driver was really nice and easy to work with and the car got to our place fine. The delivery only took three days which we really appreciated.

I had a military discount from AmeriFreight so I chose them. Their free quote and the transport organizer were okay. However, I wish I had more time. They didn't tell me when the truck was going to come. They gave me a certain time, as I called them a month early and then they said, “Call back in two weeks.” I called in two weeks and I found out the day of the truck was coming. Within an hour I had to be back in my house. I wish they had told me way ahead than they signified it. I had to pay extra money. But, the service was great. The transporter was on time, right on when they said it was. They showed up and the car was looking like it was when I gave it to them.

We needed to ship the car from here to California for my son and AmeriFreight was recommended to me by a friend of mine who had done the same thing and they were very satisfied with it. They've actually done more research than I did so I took their suggestion and they did the work for me. The quote AmeriFreight gave was very fair and reasonable but there was a minimal amount of difference but nothing that would warrant any problems. It wouldn’t surprise me if it were a little higher ‘cause it was going from coast to coast, but it wasn’t.

Their transport organizer was responsive and he fully explained everything, gave me options and answered any questions I had straightforwardly and just made it easy to make a decision. The carrier driver was great and fantastic. Both of them were great and interestingly enough, I have my own Teamster card so I'm very familiar with these guys and worked with them. I was not necessarily a driver teamster but I have my teamster cars cause I worked in movies and I worked with these guys all the time.

My son had nothing but high compliments about the driver when he picked up the car and he was very impressed. From the time I first contacted AmeriFreight, it was three weeks because it took about two weeks before they finally found a driver because of where I live. I live on an island so it would be very difficult and I knew that so I arranged to have to put my car out on the mainland and have it picked up. The driver said it might take seven or eight days but in reality, it took five. I was not in a rush. Everything went smoothly and the car came through exactly the same condition that it was in when it left. They have terrific service, they're honest and very straightforward. I would recommend the company to anybody else who's in the same situation.

We went for AmeriFreight for the military discount. I also came across a website that list the top 10 shipping and they were one of the top choices. We took advantage of the free quote option, and the price was about the same when we shipped several years ago from Texas to Kentucky using a different company. We figured that was a fair amount. I talked to the transport organizer through email and then on the phone a couple of times because my husband will not be the one picking up the vehicle, but a friend. She helped organize it and made sure we had the right addresses, phone numbers, truck we were looking for, and she was able to answer any questions. It was all a pleasant experience dealing with her.

Also, the carrier driver kept my husband and the friend that would be receiving the vehicle up to date on what time he'd be there. He was there right around the time that he quoted, and there were no problems getting the vehicle off the truck in unloading. We probably would use them again next time we move and need to ship a car again.

I was moving out of state and AmeriFreight was recommended by a friend. When I called them, the quote I was given was $200 more than the one I did online, and this could be because of the time frame. Elli, the organizer who assisted me, was very, very nice and thorough with the details. She helped me with what I needed to do and prepare when getting my car here in California. Also, the driver was very accommodating with my questions. He was so nice and friendly. All in all, the process took about two and a half weeks since when I called them for the schedule, which was a week before they picked up the car. The transport was about seven days. AmeriFreight is pretty straightforward. They’re very helpful and very effective.

We were being relocated and stationed in Whidbey Island, Washington and I looked for the best auto transport company through Google. I looked for the top recommended people and chose AmeriFreight. The free quote was up-forward and other than making a quick change, it was fine. Also, the reps gave all the information I needed to know and as soon as they found a driver for me, they gave me a call within a couple of minutes. They really helped a lot. The drivers came, picked up our vehicle on time and dropped it off earlier than the scheduled date.

I was moving from Wisconsin to California to take a new job and I tried to find a transport company with as good a rating as I could find. Going with AmeriFreight was a random choice and I was happy with the quote, however, I didn’t expect the process. They put the work out for bid to trucking companies so the quote they gave me was the minimum they started with for a bid. If no trucker takes the bid then I have to continue increasing what I'm willing to pay until someone takes the job. The actual amount that I paid wasn’t outrageous but it was certainly more than what we started with. The bidding process at the beginning took about a week but then once the vehicle was picked up, it was four days to drop off so it was quick.

Overall, the system as it’s designed worked well and the company representatives did a great a job. I talked to the transport organizer several times and he was very responsive. He described the whole process and did a good job. The carrier driver was polite and more or less on time. We were given two days window for pick up and two days window for delivery, but it was a little bit difficult trying to coordinate a lot of other pieces of the move to time it. We were also driving across the country so the biggest issue was the delivery since the driver wanted to deliver when he wanted to deliver and when it's convenient for him. Nonetheless, AmeriFreight has been professional and efficient.

I bought an out-of-state used vehicle and I needed to move it across the country. I read good reviews on AmeriFreight, and went with them. Instead of using their free quote option, I worked with an agent and who got a shipping company for us. However, the quote we got it wasn’t accurate, and ended up way less than the cost. I said wanted service quickly, and that I was willing to pay a little more but in the end, it took just as long. While my transport organizer was utterly lovely to talk to and very nice, I didn’t often feel like I got great advice. He was really hard to get a hold of and would call me back at a time that is not great. I would ask something because I don’t know anything about this and he would advise in terms of waiting or upping the price, and said “Oh, I don’t know. You can do either.”

I've also had two interactions with the carrier driver. One, to check and make sure we had each other’s phone numbers and then one, to set a pick-up. The only thing I didn’t expect but totally made sense was that, because our vehicle was on such a massive truck, they couldn’t actually come into our neighborhood. I ended up having to drive 30 minutes out of town to a jammed parking lot where they could pull the truck in. They had said it was door to door, but that wasn’t actually accurate. I it took about a week from when we first called them until we got the car. It was coming from New York to California so I can imagine driving it any faster than that.

Once AmeriFreight had said they had secured a driver, there was a week between then and when they could actually pick-up, but we weren’t told that. They were like, “Oh we can pick-up as soon as the car is ready.” The car was ready on a Monday but I don’t think they picked up until Friday. The poor people who sold us the car called every day. No one could tell us when the car would actually get picked up until about an hour beforehand. We got the call, it was like, “Oh we’re picking your car now.” Luckily they showed up when the dealership was open to pick the car up, which was kind of mysterious.

I just kept calling back and forth between AmeriFreight and the car dealer being doesn't know what's going to happen. That was a pain. Everyone would communicate with me but no one would communicate with each other, between AmeriFreight and the shipper and the car dealership. I was sort of left trying to wrangle information out of somebody. I spent a lot of time on the phone on hold with AmeriFreight trying to get through to somebody. I would probably try another carrier if I ever had to do this again. They were never unkind but their service was just kind of useless.

I was given a vehicle and I needed to move it fifteen hundred miles. AmeriFreight had a website and I couldn’t get a quote on the site of the other ones. Then I set it up and I thought I would have known more than two days in advance when my vehicle is going to get shipped but they didn’t explain that at first. I had to call back but then I found that out and the vehicle got shipped. The process took over a month but I gave them a large window of when to ship it. Also, I left a review on the internet the day I got the vehicle delivered. However, they've been repeatedly hounding me by email to leave more reviews for them on the internet, saying it's part of the contract. It made me not ever want to use them again but I'd probably recommend them.

After I browsed through and found good reviews on AmeriFreight, I went with them to move my vehicle from California to Massachusetts. I used their free quote option and was satisfied with it. However, I think all the conditions were not met because it was told that it will be a door to door, but I was asked to come to a nearby parking lot and said that they cannot drop my vehicle. Also, I was told that it would only take 7 to 10 days, but I think it took more than two weeks. I had to rent another vehicle and then all of my schedule was late because of that.

On the day of delivery, actually I wanted to check whether or not the scratch that I saw in my vehicle was previously there or not and the carrier driver didn’t like it. Being someone who has really paid and then having paid for extra insurance, I really wanted to check whether it was previously existing or it was made during transport. That’s the part that really put me off because when I paid for the service, there’s no problem if I look once again. He sort of thought that I’m trying to find a fault in him whereas, I was trying to see whether something happened to my vehicle or not.

I live in Alaska and I bought a vehicle that I had to ship to Maryland and after a quick review of a handful of companies, I looked at AmeriFreight which had a very high reputation and high recommendations and decided to go with them. At first, the transport organizer didn't get back to me right away so I didn't know what his schedule was but since he was in contact, he was really cordial, knowledgeable and helpful with the rest of the process and got back to me with the follow up questions I had.

I wasn't there physically when the pickup and delivery happened but the person I bought the vehicle from was the one that put it on the truck then my older sister was the one that took the delivery of it in Maryland. Both of them passed on to me that the shipping company was very nice. The truck that the moving company moved the vehicle on was clean and looked brand-new. They also delivered it ahead of schedule. Overall I would use AmeriFreight again if I ever have to ship a vehicle again.

We’re relocating cross-country. AmeriFreight's quote was a little high but I was in a time crunch. The rep I spoke to was fantastic and they got back to be in a reasonable time. They were also very willing to try to get me a better deal and they took care of everything so I didn’t have to worry about a thing. The driver was super nice, very friendly and very approachable. I made a mistake on the delivery address so I called him right back immediately and he was very understanding and wasn’t rude at all. They called me so I know that the vehicle is arriving early and that I needed to meet them somewhere else. The vehicle was shipped with no problem. I’d recommend AmeriFreight.

I was getting out of the Navy and moving. Because I was going to Iowa, we also received three bids that were high. I had many offers so fast, but I used AmeriFreight’s free quote option and I got a quote that was lowball. Their transport organizer did a good job. He was fast, which was surprising. We got two quotes the same day and got another the next day. I also received a good offer from a cover carrier, which I missed out on because I was still getting out of the Navy and I couldn’t be at the pick-up point soon enough. The driver was a professional, nice guy too. We had a weird situation at pick up and drop off. At pick up, the driver was on the side of the road of a busy, almost highway area. He handled it with no problems. And then drop off was in a new construction where the address wouldn’t work because he just Googled it. But he worked with me well.

I’m relocated to a different state and I didn’t do any look around because I needed my vehicle shipped out that day. The time’s more important than price. I called different vendors but AmeriFreight is the only one who could provide the date I want. Their employee set the transaction for me and the service was good. He told me what I should look for when my car is picked up and dropped off. What I could do was to take pictures to check certain things. Then the driver gave me the call and delivered the vehicle on time. It took a week, and the vehicle is in good condition.

AmeriFreight doesn’t own own the shipping company on the West Coast. So they charged me $300 and the actual shipping company charged me $1000. They're like an agent and they charge us some amount like commission fee. Then they transfer it to a different company that is actually shipping my car from Washington state to Georgia. Maybe next time they will ship it through the a different subcontractor, but in my case, the company did a good job overall. It was smooth. The dealer is pretty good too, but if I know that company I would directly contact them because it will save me a couple of dollars.

I did some internet research and an online quote then AmeriFreight called me back and followed up with the quote. I’m a customer service guy so I appreciate calls and used them. My communication with Ally was great and she always picked up the phone. Sometimes when I called and she was on the phone, she always called me right back. She was very responsive and professional. Then the delivery was good as well. The driver called and was a little bit concerned about going into a residential area with his truck. So, I met him at a supermarket nearby which worked out great for us. The only thing was that there was a delay with the truck. I never got a call or an email about where they were. We were curious and so we called and the carrier said that the truck was stuck back east due to a hydraulic problem. Other than that, it was all worth it.

We own a car out of state so we needed to get it to where we were. AmeriFreight was the most reputable on the search, and they're reliable, fast and friendly. I was able to take advantage of the free quote and it was fair. The transport organizers were all great. They were really efficient and had a quick turnaround time. Also, the carrier drivers were very nice.

I purchased a car and needed it shipped from Florida to Chicago. The salesman from AmeriFreight told me that he could get my car shipped for a certain price but he would have to look around for it. His price is also lower than the other ones that I had checked. I made several phone calls before he found the driver or the shipping company. It took a couple days longer for him to find them.

I had to meet the driver several blocks away because he was concerned about the little hanging branches but that was not a problem. He used a 2-tier closed truck and he didn't have the ramp all the way down. When he was backing the car off the truck, he didn't have the ramp down all the way at the angle and it ripped off the exhaust of my vehicle. AmeriFreight knocked a few dollars off but it cost me a whole lot more than that. Overall, it was a new experience for me but it wasn't bad.

I was moving 2,500 miles for work and read the AmeriFreight reviews, it sounded like a lot of people had good things to say. I called AmeriFreight to get answers and the quote provided was a little expensive because I wanted a quick pickup. But it was good because the vehicle came quickly and everything was on time. From pickup to delivery, the process took about four or five days. The transport organizer was able to help and get me some contractors to come quickly to pick up the car on the very next day. Everything was good. I was happy with the service.

We had more cars than we wanted to drive so we searched for transport companies to help us with our move. AmeriFreight was highly rated and they estimate came back lower than others, but the actual cost was quite a bit above that yet still reasonable. The driver was friendly and accommodating. It's also easy enough to arrange the place to do the pickup and drop off. They got the job done under a week and everything went smoothly and pretty much what I expected.

We relocated out of California to Indiana. So, we flew out from California and left the car there until we can save up enough money to get it shipped. We used AmeriFreight as my uncle had used them before, and the quote they gave me was good. It was $800 and I ended up paying about $850, but it's better than the other places who were trying to charge me about $1100.

Though the driver didn't really seem to know much English, my interactions with him were pretty cool. He called to tell me he was about an hour away from the delivery. He couldn't drive the rig in here so he parked a block away from my house. I came down from work waiting for him and expecting to hear a call saying, "Hey, come over here to come pick up your car because I can't fit in there." But then I see the car pull up in the driveway. He drove the car from the field over to my house which was really good. I read the reviews on them before I even chose to go with them. And I read this thing on the internet saying don't always necessarily go with the lower price because you get what you pay for. You could end up getting your car and having it in worse condition than when you left it. But AmeriFreight was great. They even gave me a discount because we were a returning customer.

I relocated out of state so I needed to get the car there. The rep from AmeriFreight that I talked to was very forthcoming with how they worked and what to expect. For me, it was important that they set some expectations of what I was about to experience as I'd never gone through that before. Ultimately, it was his honesty that made me choose AmeriFreight. The competition is ruthless. As soon as the car went on the board to look for a transporter, all their competitors did was call and rip on their service. They made it feel uncertain that the low quote would piss off the truckers and that we should go with them if we really wanted it shipped. So I called my guy and he made me feel at ease about it.

He stayed in contact with me and was super helpful. However, we did not ship it at the original quoted price, though he had broken down the process for me and set some expectations that the price may change based on statistics. That was huge for me because any clientele would appreciate that type of transparency. The car came from my parents and my father is 81 years old and the driver was super nice and thoughtful to him. He couldn't get the truck up near our house so my father took the truck down there and the driver drove him back which he really appreciated. Then when he showed up, it was a day late. He had some truck issues but he called to let me know that and was super nice when he got there.

I contacted Amerifreight because they were highly rated on the reviews and I just went down to the top three and my experience with the other two would be I would never use them. Everyone was really nice on the initial call but as soon as I called and went with Amerifreight and that vehicle went on the board, they were rude which just solidified that I made the right choice.

AmeriFreight Company Profile