4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

Before you decide to ship, call AmeriFreight today. The AmeriFreight team would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweetens the deal.

PROS

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Free quotes
  • Discounts available

CONS

• Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews

04/11/2019

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

04/25/2019

Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time.

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and they provide discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1050
HoustonSpokane$1250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as their gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

2388 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I was moving a vehicle from East Coast to West Coast where I’m currently living and since I had used AmeriFreight four-ish years ago for a similar route with a different vehicle, I went straight to them. With the first time, I went through a few different options on the website and it still worked but this time, their website has improved a lot. It was a lot easier to navigate as far as trying to check and make sure that they’re still decent. The service provider I got was also very prompt. They were prompt last time as well but this time, he called me back within 24 hours with a carrier option. He was also able to advise me based off of the patterns for the season as far as if there was a good likelihood where we would get additional options and what the price range would be within those options.

The quote was higher than I was expecting. Last time, it cost me about $1,000 to get the car cross-country and that was during the winter season. But given that it has been four years and gas is expensive, I wasn’t too terribly put out with the increase. The rep was also fairly upfront with what the end dollars would be and there weren't any additional fees that I had to worry about. AmeriFreight also still offers additional insurance for anything that the carrier operator's insurance would not cover if the vehicle were to be damaged by storms in transit or on its way to us off the rig.

When the rep contacted me after I had signed the contract, I thought that it would be pretty instant to the carrier. But when I called the carrier to confirm some details, they had only just gotten the information. So I was a little ahead on that one. But for the pickup, I was told that getting a pickup vehicle down was hard so the location ended up being a parking lot. But it was the same location as last time and it was easy to follow. I had a family member on the East Coast handling the pick-up and he didn’t have any issues. The route was approximately the same and there was an establishment of communication. I was given the carrier’s information if I needed to follow up with them. But I wasn't stressed out about it at all and it was pretty hands-off this time.

For the drop-off over here, I got a call a couple of hours in advance. The carrier had also given me a call before that, giving me the range so we could expect the drop-off. Last time, they ended up delivering three days in advance of what they had quoted me and I had to scramble a little bit. But this time, it was right on the nose from the estimate. So that was reassuring. You can expect to wash your car at the end unless you're getting covered transport. But the experience was on par with my expectations and I would certainly use AmeriFreight again or recommend them to others if they had to do a similar coast-to-coast route. Harry, the agent I worked with, was very helpful, upfront and prompt. So I’d recommend him in particular.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Shipping my daughter's car through Amerifreight was definitely the right choice out of the numerous quotes we had to choose from. You see, my daughter is a young adult in the US Navy and is currently stationed in California. Home, however, is in Indiana. There are 2,183 miles between us. But of course, I still get to do some of her legwork and still the one to read the fine print on important decisions. Back in March she drove her car home for me to keep safe while she went on a 6 month deployment to Japan. We had originally hoped and planned that when she returned Stateside I could drive her car back to California for her and hopefully take in some sights but, over the months, circumstances for both of us changed and it just wasnt a feasible trip. Regardless, she NEEDED her car for work and getting around an enormous base.

We considered several options but after researching ideas and weighing costs, we decided to have her car shipped. Being a first time for both of us looking into Car shipping, we were kind of overwhelmed. We had no clue how it all worked at first so I dug into the internet. I looked up several sites that compare multiple car shipping sites at one time and considered their reviews. I must've read about 50 different Car Shipping Companies from the comparison sites. But, only a few made the cut on all the lists and even less made it in the top 5 ranked Shipping Companies in every comparison. AmeriFreight was the only car shipping company who checked out across the board. Working with a desperate for her car daughter, little money, and it being the week before Thanksgiving no less, I fearfully and naively requested quotes from all of the few that were in the top 5.

Almost immediately, all of them responded but, only 1 fell within our budget. Again, it was AmeriFreight. So, when Richard **, a representative from AmeriFreight, personally contacted me regarding their quote I secured them as our team. Richard explained the shipping process in detail. We learned that places like AmeriFreight are sort of the middleman between the customer and the Carrier Companies. Richard negotiated on our behalf with those companies. We only had $900 we could pay and not a penny more. Being the week of Thanksgiving, the average price from all of the Carriers was well over $1100. But Richard went above and beyond refusing to give up until he found us a Carrier, at our asking price, and one with an A+ rating. He worked the details out with the Carrier and explained the rest of the process we would go through from that point.

The Carrier driver called me direct at that point and confirmed AmeriFreight's arrangement. I met the driver at our discussed time, signed off, and off the car went to California. Within 3 days my daughter had her car back safe and sound. I have a very happy daughter and she has her car. We owe it all to AmeriFreight and specifically, Richard **. He was professional and down to earth but most importantly, he knows his job and does it well all while jumping through hoops to oblige his customer's needs. Here's 4 thumbs up from my daughter and I for AmeriFreight. We will definitely choose them for all of our car shipping needs in the future!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We lived in Maryland and my husband accepted a new job that required him to travel. His first assignment is out here in Washington State. We have a fifth wheel travel trailer that we were moving across the country but there was no way I was gonna drive our car myself so, we decided to go ahead and have it shipped. I've never had a vehicle shipped before, so I really didn't know where to start. I was using Google to do a web search, find the top picks, and do the very careful research of each review of the company. I found AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight had the great good fortune of having my call initially answered by a young lady named Nicole. She spent 15 minutes with me walking me through step-by-step how it's done, how shipping is accomplished, and that they're a broker. The fact that she spent that much time with me just on my initial call, sort of confirmed my inclination to go with AmeriFreight. It was solely based on Nicole's kindness.

What we paid in the end was about the same and there was no variation in the cost. However, the timing was amazing to me. Among the things I had read when I was doing my research is that it could take up to 30 days to have your vehicle go from point A to point B and I was a little leery. But I ended up getting my vehicle picked up on a Friday and delivered to me the following Thursday. I couldn't believe it and I was amazed at how quickly it got here. And Nicole called me every few days throughout the process telling me if my car has been picked up, where it is, and when they expect to get it to me.

We were already out here in Washington when they picked the vehicle up. My neighbor who supervised the process and the gentleman who picked it up was very accommodating. He seemed to really have a focus on doing a good job and making sure my vehicle was safely loaded and on its way. Then, the gentleman who actually delivered it here in Washington called me a couple of different times over the last two days before it arrived and making sure I knew practically minute by minute where he was, when he would be here, and when he would be able to unload the car. The communication, which was the biggest thing to me, ended up being just superb. Also, the vehicle was perfect when it arrived and was exactly as I left it. She needed a bath, but that's understandable. It was a 3,000 mile-trip.

AmeriFreight is the absolute best in terms of customer service. They were very diligent with their communication and they get how important this is to me. It was a little Honda CRV that I, one person, own and they probably ship thousands of vehicles a year, I would imagine, but they made me feel as if my vehicle was the only one they were shipping. That meant a lot to me. To folks who might be in the same situation as I was, there's a company out there that literally will take your concerns into heart and treat you as well as they treated me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My wife and I were living in Oregon and we decided to move back to Georgia. That time, we weren’t driving across the country. We were just gonna fly so I wanted to ship my car with someone reputable. I called AmeriFreight and I spoke with their rep, Kimberly. She made it so that it was a good experience and I felt no stress whatsoever. We spoke one day and she found me a carrier the next day or the day after.

When AmeriFreight first gave me the price, it looked right to me, but they called back to let me know that they had made an error and that they have charged me more than they should have. So, they gave me the money that they charged extra back. They are an honest company doing honest work and looking out for the customer and I also wasn’t expecting it because I thought it was correct, to begin with. The whole process was awesome. Once the carrier came over to pick up the car, he was professional. He picked up the car and it was delivered on time.

My father-in-law, who had passed away, had a Mustang that he had left in New York in Rhode Island. At the time, he had been working on it and it was inoperable. My wife and I decided that because it was her father’s car and she grew up with it, we were gonna keep it, but we needed to send it down here. I had worked with another company to see if we can get it moving, but they were taking forever to find a carrier. Once they found the carrier, we had a horrible experience with the carrier. They were unprofessional and there was a lot of miscommunication. When the actual driver arrived with the freight, he said that he didn’t know that it was inoperable even though we had mentioned it several times and the broker had said it several times as well. He delayed the transport even more. We ended up canceling because it was just too much of a hassle and we didn’t wanna deal with the driver. We needed to find someone else.

I decided to go with AmeriFreight again to see if they can do a better job. I spoke with Kimberly again and I told her the whole situation, and she went above and beyond again. A couple of days later, they found me a carrier within the price range that we were looking for and she made sure that they had good ratings. The car arrived a day later after the guy picked it up. AmeriFreight did an incredible job. It was so starkly different from working with the other company and I couldn’t believe it. I kept asking myself why I didn’t use AmeriFreight, to begin with. Kimberly really helped me out. She was on top of it and she kept me in the loop. She would call me every day and let me know where we were at. She called me after both deliveries to make sure that everything was okay. I had excellent experience with AmeriFreight and I would definitely, 100% recommend them to whoever, a friend of mine or whoever needs a vehicle transport.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I went through two other transport companies and fired them so it was a very frustrating experience how a business in the industry operates. I felt I was being deceived so I finally took a gamble and went with AmeriFreight. Their quote wasn't the lowest but they were inline and it was acceptable for the financial part. Our organizer, Jared, was phenomenal. I’ve owned businesses and I’ve had senior management positions with the company, but I’ve not experienced that type of customer service ever in my career. That gentleman was an absolute godsend.

I shared with him my frustrations and I said that I was three weeks behind and I’m trying to get my vehicle. He emailed me on a weekend that he was trying to find a driver and he explained to me how he would assess the work. The two previous companies were not necessarily doing a bad job but they didn’t explain to me how the process works and it was a little arcane but it is what it is. Jared would email me on his way into work so he went so far above and beyond to what I’ve experienced before in every facet.

The interaction that I had with the carrier driver was quick in pace. He said that there was a little stacked on the teeming part of it. The vehicle was supposed to arrive on August 3rd and we got an email on the 31st of July from some connection and not from the driver. The person was nice but he said that we needed to make the appointment and the driver was gonna be at our place on the 1st, which was two days ahead of schedule which was wonderful. But I was out of cellphone battery and was not able to get back to them on the 2nd. A voicemail said that if I didn’t get a hold of them soon, they may have to put our car in a storage and I have to pay to get it out, and I understood that. It was great that they would chase ahead of schedule, but they should've been a little bit more understanding in that context that maybe the customer was simply not available for whatever reason.

But I got hold of them and the gentleman was great. I emailed back and I spoke with the driver himself. He admitted that the residential area that we are in was easy access for a big truck to come in to but he chose to drive my Jeep over which was nice. He is a very polite guy and I expected that everything was absolutely perfect. He was prepared to simply walk back to his truck without taking any rest in getting his truck here, but I drove him back there, we shook hands and he was off on his way.

Jared also did a follow up and asked me how it had been. If AmeriFreight mirrored how Jared handled me, then they will continue to be a very, very sucessfull company. I actually sent a generic email to the owner of the company through their sales office to let the owner know that I’d steal Jared away in an instant if I had my own company so they got to hold on to him.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I saw AmeriFreight had good reviews online, so I took a shot. The quote that they gave me was pretty decent. I had an awesome experience with their rep. I also had a really good interaction with the driver and the vehicle was delivered in perfect condition.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I originally tried to ship my car from my home to college with multiple other companies, but none of them ever showed up. I saw AmeriFreight was really, highly ranked, and they owned up to it. They were great with communication. They called and emailed, and they answered very promptly. Also, the people who picked up and dropped off my car were great.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was bringing my car back from Florida to my home. I put the information out there, then different places contacted me. AmeriFreight gave me a quote at that time, and I didn’t look at the others, because it was in the range that I had paid when I took my car down to Florida. The AmeriFreight transport organizer was great. I got nervous a couple of times thinking, “Was this gonna happen?” And I called and he assured me it would. And I think I was one of the first people he called when my time came up. The driver was wonderful. He came when he said he was gonna come and did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Everything was great.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I needed to ship my vehicle to my brother in Florida. There wasn’t an urgent need to ship it and have it arrive by a certain day, but I needed it to get down there. I contacted a couple of transport companies. AmeriFreight had a really good price. They also had excellent customer service. So, when I first requested the quote, they reached out to me almost immediately and then gave me an estimate. And the estimate was well below what the other company had provided, and they were able to deliver on the estimate. They ended up charging me a little bit more because I wanted them to pay the driver instead of having the driver paid at the destination. Still, it was probably $250 cheaper than the next quote.

They picked up the car the same day that I contacted them. It just so happened that there was somebody in town that was about to leave for Florida and they were on their way out of the city when I sent my request in. So, they accepted the price, and they were at my house a couple hours later and they picked up the car. It was crazy. They did a really good job. My specific agent was awesome. She was really polite and friendly, and knowledgeable, too. She explained to me the whole process, and it was exactly how she told me, so they came out exactly how she told me. They delivered on time. The car was in perfect shape when it got there, so there were no issues. It’s a really good experience. AmeriFreight was all over it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I did a browser search and I called several service providers and talked to them and got feedback on how they did things and how they did their business. And AmeriFreight sounded like the most reasonable one for where I was and what I needed at the time. They explained everything and were very patient. I was very happy with them. The cost seemed to be standard. When I called around there wasn’t that big of a difference between the different transport companies. I got a chance to meet the driver when he came to pick my car up. He had a fairly new truck, and he said that was his own business.And since he owned it, I knew he was gonna do a good job.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The quote was spot-on. It was demand based and I paid a little more for a tighter schedule, but I was pretty satisfied with AmeriFreight overall. The driver was a true professional. 100% satisfaction guaranteed - outstanding coordination, speed and reliability. I personally recommended him for quality experience and I will use AmeriFreight again to coordinate with them.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I relocated from Seattle to Bay Area and needed to have my vehicle shipped. My friends recommend AmeriFreight. The people from AmeriFreight were very helpful. They helped me schedule the time for pick-up and drop-off. They are very responsive as well. The driver came on time according to our schedule, and he also safely transported my vehicle without any damage. Everything went very well. He did a very good job.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My experience with AmeriFreight was good. They made sure my car has arrived, and they delivered as they promised. I was moving from Maryland to California and I used them to have my car shipped because of their review online. The move was good. The quote I was given was good, and it was head-on. The transport organizer gave me some advice that the driver was gonna come within two to three days from the day I gave them to come out and pick up my car, and I was gonna receive a call ahead, which was an hour to the time he was gonna arrive, and then when he was gonna get to the destination, he was gonna call me an hour before he arrives. The carrier driver called me and he gave me an estimated time which he kept.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I bought a vehicle out-of-state, and I needed it shipped to me. I contacted a few outfits, and AmeriFreight seemed like the one that fit my needs the best. I was good with the quote that they gave me. It ended up being a little bit more, but I was anticipating that. The girl that I dealt with at AmeriFreight took really good care of me. The driver was very professional, and he took good care of my car. He got it to me safely, and I was happy with that. AmeriFreight was very professional and I was happy with their service.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My dad was relocating to Charleston. We used AmeriFreight based on some readings I've done around and on their reliability. The team at AmeriFreight was good relative to the questions and timing. It took a day and a half for the car to be delivered. It was a good experience. Everything went well for my dad.

Original review: June 5, 2019

AmeriFreight had reasonable pricing. But we used the free quote option online and then when we called, it actually went up. For a minute, we were confused from the quote they set online to the actual amount it was. It was a little disappointing but at that point, I had to do it because we were getting ready to leave. I was moving from one state to another. I shipped my vehicle from Florida to Arizona and everything went good with the transport organizer. But we had a little snafu where we had an original trucker who was supposed to come pick up my truck but he never called.

As soon as we got the actual driver, we reached out and wanted to talk to him and make sure that everything was good to go. But conversations went south because he never returned our call. We just figured out what was going on and we called AmeriFreight back to figure out which way we were gonna go. But it was getting to the point where they were trying to ask if we could leave our car with our neighbor. I didn't know my neighbor. Why would I wanna do that? I’m sure that AmeriFreight was just trying to work options out but none of the options was working for me or my wife.

I guess AmeriFreight was trying to call the driver too, and they did everything they could but it was getting down to hours and we were actually getting ready to depart. Then AmeriFreight came back and said the driver's truck broke. But the great thing would’ve been if the driver had called us back and let us know what was going on so we could definitely know what the hell was happening. At the time, it was just frustration between my wife, myself and with AmeriFreight.

At the end of the day, it worked out. AmeriFreight was pulling tricks out of their hat so we were able to get somebody who could take our truck from Florida to Arizona. But up to the minute of, it was really stressful on us because we were trying to figure this thing out. Other than that, the move went great. They picked the truck up on a Tuesday and I got it on Friday. We were already driving cross-country so we were already here in Arizona when the truck showed up. It was three days from the time I gave them the truck and when it arrived, everything was good to go with the vehicle.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was relocating on the job and to ship my vehicle, I chose AmeriFreight. I decided based on the reviews and when I talked to a customer care agent, the response was good. They were knowledgeable and they explained the process clearly. The quote was also good and very competitive. I got the carrier in a couple of days and then, my shipment was in the next week. So the total was one week and the driver was courteous and respectful. They went through the vehicle, identified all the scratches and let me know when it was going to be delivered. It was all good. The overall process was easy and I've recommended AmeriFreight to some of my friends.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I sent my car out to my son in Colorado and the experience with AmeriFreight was very good. I had done a little search, saw on the web some recommended places and picked AmeriFreight. Their quote was fair and pretty close to what everybody else was charging. Plus the office was very helpful and responsive. They kept me informed of the progress of where the driver was and how we could make arrangements to meet up. The driver was also very helpful and organized. Everything went smoothly and the car arrived on time and in good shape.

Original review: June 2, 2019

AmeriFreight had good pricing and it seemed reputable. I shipped my car from New Jersey to California and it was a good and pretty seamless process. I would do it again if I needed to. The quote that I was given was what I paid and it seemed fair or comparable to others. So I was happy with it. They let me know that the car would be picked up a day early and they asked if that was okay. They sent me text messages and when I reached out to see what the status was, they responded quickly. The car was also delivered a day early so that was good. And the car seemed fine. There weren’t any marks that I had noticed.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’m in the military and I got stationed somewhere else. I needed my vehicle and the process to have it shipped through AmeriFreight took a week and a half. I got a good quote and it was spot on. I got there a little late because the bank wasn’t ready to take out all the cash. So they waited a little bit longer but they were really patient with it. So they were very good. Although the driver wasn’t able to come to the base and drop the truck off from the base, he made it very easy for me to meet him to get my vehicle.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I needed to ship a car from Ohio to California and AmeriFreight had good customer service and a reasonable price quote. When I called them, they gave me a quote and they said they were gonna reach out to drivers and see what kind of interest they got. About a day later, they called me back and said they had found somebody. They put a bid in for like $50 over what the quote was and I accepted it. The driver was also courteous, efficient and very fast. As a whole, my experience with AmeriFreight was fast, efficient and easy.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was looking for more than a week and a half for a company to ship my car. I made my own pros and cons list. And when I saw AmeriFreight, it seemed that they were genuine. I spoke to one of their representatives and he was pretty nice. At first, I was a bit upset because my call won't go through to that representative. And the moment it got through I was a bit aggressive, and I apologized for that. But at that moment, I had already shortlisted AmeriFreight, and I wasn't getting any information about it. Two days later, I couldn't even go back and research. I didn't have the time, so I kept calling them. And one day, I got a call back and the gentleman explained how apologetic he was. I told him my situation, and he was like, "Let's think about what we can do right now." He told me that he can guarantee whatever was promised and in a realistic way. At that moment, he made sense. He talked practically and rational.

I was in a really urgent situation kind of thing because I had my flight within three days. I couldn't delay it more. When I was in a moment of panic, I most of the time tend to be a little bit impolite. And I really apologized for that. The AmeriFreight rep was considerate about it and he helped me out. He taught me how to think straight. The entire sign-up process was within 15 minutes. He told me that within an hour, he would contact me if anybody has listed at anything. And within an hour, he got me three contacts. When we were shortlisting and during the call itself, he got some seven more. He told me that what would be the best case scenario for me. And it was really the best because it worked out.

The car came here on Wednesday night and I picked it up on Thursday. I did a good choice by choosing AmeriFreight. My experience with them has been very competitive as compared to other services. They excel in their quality of customer service and delivery on time. But the contact center needs to update its system because I tried calling, and it wouldn't just go through. I checked twice whether it was my network problem and it wasn't. But the representative provided, without a question, a satisfactory service.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I gave a car to my daughter and I used AmeriFreight to ship it to her. I like that they got back to me, their reviews were great, and I was pleased. I took advantage of their free quote option but I paid full price plus the AmeriFreight fees, so that didn't help at all. I paid 50% more and I ended up paying a lot more than I anticipated. Other than that, the transport organizer was fine. She got back to me at a reasonable time. I had to call back and forth a few times, playing phone tag and I'd get a recording, but it worked out fine. My experience was excellent overall.

Original review: May 25, 2019

AmeriFreight is a very helpful company. I contacted them three months prior to using their services and over a course of a month, the woman that was working with me was calling to make sure I was still interested, what information could she offer to make the decision easier to go with their company or just given me all the pointers that I thought I would’ve needed in order to transfer the car. I was giving my vehicle to a family member and their customer service and price was what made me choose them. At the end of everything, I had a $10 off from the original quote that I got. The transport organizer gave me constant reports on when he was going to pick up the car and when he arrived there, the same for drop-off. The process took two days and the vehicle was in actual condition when my family member got it.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I’m in the military and PCS so I needed to ship my vehicle from San Diego to Miami. I googled transport companies and found AmeriFreight. The quote I requested came close to the final transaction total. The carrier on the day of the delivery said that something was wrong with the truck so I ended up staying in Miami for more than one day and having to get a hotel. It was kinda inconvenient as well ‘cause I was alone and I’m traveling too so I had to report on orders. The next day he came and said that he was still having problems with the truck. He was trying to get me to meet him in a more northern location but I live in Key West so I didn’t wanna go more north to Miami ‘cause I was having to drive more and that was the point of me paying a certain price so that way I can have it delivered.

Once I finally agreed upon location with him, he was saying that he has other customers and that he can’t go out of his way because he was given a day. Then, he kinda went to lengths. I know they have 48 hours upon the day they give to deliver but I felt like he was pushing it a little bit and then the fact that I was being rushed 'cause they threatened me at the time that they would leave my car. They coulda given me a little bit more time. I was also trying to take out money from the bank and I was having some issue. If the car had been delivered on time, I woulda had that exact amount. It was just weird.

The transport organizer let me know that this was a good carrier and that it had 100% ratings. I’ve had other carriers giving me a little bit more grace ‘cause I am a young woman traveling alone so it was kinda hard for me. If I pay somebody $1,000 to deliver a car, I expect a good service. He was unprofessional and I was very upset. I let AmeriFreight know about it. I asked them about the car and I was trying to get updates and the trying to see about the carrier. Honestly, the carrier kept communicating with me except near the end that I got annoyed with the delivery. But I don’t wanna blame AmeriFreight for the carrier. I already paid and got my car.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was moving from Orange County, California to Atlanta, Georgia. I went with AmeriFreight because their quote was good. They gave me a really low quote, and they did a good job finding me that low price. But all-in-all, I was pretty happy. Their quote was much lower than what the actual price ended up to be. Their customer service people were pretty good but they were a little bit pushy. I wanted my company to pay for the move, but AmeriFreight was really pushy about me committing and putting down a deposit. I ended up having to pay for it out of pocket, and then, billing my company later because they made me feel like all these spots were going instantly and I wouldn’t have a spot on the truck if I didn't commit.

I shipped two cars. The first one was shipped through AmeriFreight and then the next one was through Acme Moving Company. I like Acme a lot better because they were much more upfront with what the cost was gonna be, which was more expensive. With their attention to detail and level of customer service, I felt like they basically narrowed down the drivers even more so. They weren’t so concerned with price. They were more concerned with quality. With Acme, they were like, “No worries. We’ll get you hooked and taken care of. No problem.” And it was within a very short time period. I didn't have to stress out about the time or how much time I had. There wasn’t any sort of urgency or mystery to when the truck was gonna show up, whereas a little bit more of a mystery with AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight were a little bit more like, “I need all these windows, like three-day window,” as opposed to, “They could come on Saturday.” It felt like things were much more up in the air with AmeriFreight. But the rep that I dealt with did a really good job. She totally sold me on it. The car was delivered timely and there was no issues. So, I was generally satisfied.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was moving from New Jersey to Washington state. AmeriFreight got a rating from the website that I went to and they were the first ones I called. The quote they gave was fine and seemed reasonable. The woman I dealt with, Samantha, was good. If I had a question, I called back and she was right there to answer it for me. She checked up after the transaction and everything was great. The carrier driver was professional as well. We both looked over the vehicle very carefully and he drove it off on the day of the delivery and it was quite pleasant. The process took eight days total from when I called. The broker had gotten somebody quickly on the same day so that was pretty impressive. AmeriFreight did a great job without a lot of fuss and a lot of muss. I'm glad that it worked. It was minimal and effective. I'm happy to say that I had a good experience. I would recommend them and use them again myself.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased a car from my brother-in-law and I transported it from California up to Washington. I had contacted a number of different companies because I wanted to get the best price. When I got contacted by AmeriFreight, I reached out back to them and that's when I got the dispatcher guy and things started moving. He was very helpful. I told him the ballpark amount that I was willing to spend and he found me something very close to what I was looking for where others were higher.

It's an older car and I'd wanted covered transportation. A couple drove a trailer up and they were very cordial and professional. They did a good job. They also got there earlier than anticipated which was a positive. On the day of the delivery, we backed the car out and then went around and the driver pointed out some things that were on the car, like scratches before it was loaded. I had been anxious because I wanted the car to arrive here in good shape but all my needs were satisfied. The process took a week and the transport organizer was great as well. My experience with him was very smooth. He knew kinda what I was looking for and he kept me abreast of where things were at. He was good and very professional. The whole experience was very good and I was very happy. It was less stressful than I had anticipated.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I'm in the military and we were changing duty stations. So, we moved from Delaware to California. I chose AmeriFreight based on price and I did a simple Googling to make sure I wasn’t getting into something crazy. This was my first time using any car shipping company and my only frame of reference was a colleague of mine who also did a coast to coast move. I felt like the quote was pretty fair compared to what my friend paid. And my interactions with their reps were positive overall. They were quick to get back to me. Richardson, the guy I was dealing with, was on vacation at one point so I dealt with one of his colleagues and I was able to be helped despite his absence. Also, they gave me an estimated time how long it would take and there was a change on the day but it wasn’t catastrophic.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchased a vehicle and I needed to get it to my friend. AmeriFreight was the cheapest. Their transport organizer, Millie, was the best. She was super nice and helpful. The carrier driver was a little weird, but my car was picked up and there were no issues. It wasn't like they were very professional. I remember them texting me, "We're gonna get in earlier than we expected and we have to drop it off at this time or else we're not gonna make our next pick-up." And it felt to me like they had other stuff that they were doing, and they were only working on their time.

AmeriFreight Company Information