4.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 490 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

1359 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I'm in active military duty and I received orders to move from Washington to Reno, Nevada. In the military, the navy will only ship your vehicle if you’re going overseas or if you’re dead, so I had to come out of pocket ‘cause I had to go to training in New Orleans and I didn’t feel driving my vehicle all the way to New Orleans only to drive it all the way back up to Reno. I had looked at two other shipping companies and then I started to look at the Better Business Bureau. Looking at all the reviews, some people said that once the broker got a hold of the shipper and the shipper got a hold of the vehicle, they had a hard time getting a hold of the shipper through the broker and there was a disconnect. Eventually, I stumbled upon AmeriFreight online and gave them a call.

The broker that I spoke to, Harry, seemed like he’s knowledgeable and already knew the type of vehicle that I wanted to ship was a classic vehicle. It was a 1978 International Scout and I was very particular about who I’m going to let it ship with because I put a lot of time and effort, my own hard work into restoring that vehicle. He answered a lot of my questions, informed me about the insurance policy that they have as far as the coverage they would provide and it seemed a good deal. I had a seamless dealing with their transport organizer and I had a very good dealing with their carrier driver. The driver himself was very easy to work with. I had to change the pick-up destination, unfortunately, and he was completely cool with it.

The process took a week from start to finish. There was a guaranteed pick up rate initially and there is another rate where a shipper might pick it up for that price and I usually try to look for the better deal. I wasn't going to go for the guaranteed rate so it prolonged the process on my part. But even then, it all happened within reasonable time constraints and I didn’t miss my flight. I made it to training on time and my sister received the vehicle the next day. The driver literally just beelined straight from Everett, Washington to Reno, Nevada and it was great. It was a pleasurable experience and I would tell a friend that from my experience, AmeriFreight would be the best bet. It was a very reasonable price and the driver that they picked for me was very dependable, respectable and took very good care of my vehicle.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

AmeriFreight had good ratings. I also looked at the reviews on Yelp and the customers were satisfied with them. So I chose them to ship my vehicle from one part of the country to the other side. Everything was really smooth and exactly as I could've hoped for. I looked at another company and AmeriFreight's free quote was comparable and fair. Their transport organizer was very professional, got in touch with me as he said he would, and made everything easy. It was a really good process. I had a great interaction with the carrier driver as well. He was also very professional and the delivery was perfect. It took a couple of days from the pick-up to delivery and it was less than the time that he mentioned. He got in touch with me ahead of time to let me know that the car was going to be there ahead of schedule and asked if it was okay. It was better than even expected. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I got a job offer and I had moved across the country hurriedly. My car needed to get to me and I did not have time to drive it myself so I needed someone to ship it. A friend who did something similar used AmeriFreight and recommended them to me. The quote I was given was a little higher than expected but that may be because my friend remembered the numbers incorrectly. I was slightly surprised by it but I went ahead with the process, and I paid a little bit more because my circumstances were a little inflexible and I didn't have the ability to take advantage of the cheaper options that were available. My interactions with my transport organizer, Larry, were all very positive. He was extremely pleasant and very responsive, and he got the job done. One time, I had trouble reaching the driver and I called Larry consecutively. It turned out that I copied down wrong the numbers that they gave me and they were very understanding of that.

My house here is in a slightly difficult-to-reach area and it’s down a very small street, so the carrier driver had to park his large truck a little ways away. We ended up tag-teaming the car back to my house and then I drove him back to his truck. He had interesting stories about trucking during the time I was driving him and I liked him a lot. I was very pleased with the service I had gotten, and I wanted to help him out if I could. If I find myself in a similar situation again, I would use AmeriFreight without a second thought. I would recommend it to friends, and if I can help recommend it to people I don't even know, that would be great too. My experience with AmeriFreight was entirely positive.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My son needed his truck. He’s in the military and he’d just been stationed back from Japan to South Dakota. I called a couple of different transport companies and I didn’t like the way they came across. They weren’t bad but AmeriFreight sounded a lot more positive in what they could do for me. They also got back to me quickly. I liked the transport organizer Harry. He was very easy to deal with and he kept me informed as to what was going on in the transportation and how things worked because South Dakota is not an easy place to get to. It was my first time using a transportation company and I was happy and satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I relocated so I needed to ship my vehicle and I went with AmeriFreight since they had good reviews at the Better Business Bureau. The quote they gave me was good. It was also nice to be able to do that online and send in the request. The transport organizer was professional and informative. They understood and knew their business. The interaction with the carrier driver was very good as well. He gave me a ring the night before to let me know that they were on schedule for delivering it on day two, which was what was agreed as an approximate time. The whole process took two days and it was a good experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a vehicle out of state and chose Reliable Auto Carrier. But I fired them because the car sat and did not move off the lot for 40 days. I was really frustrated at that time and was looking for help and chose AmeriFreight. But they were just a broker. They find people to haul it for them and get the best rate supposedly. They subcontracted Coast to Coast to transport the vehicle. The driver was nice and prompt but the truck broke down and it took an extra week to get to me. In the end, I had to pay a little bit more. I had to pay AmeriFreight’s fee of $300 and some odd dollars. And then, I paid another $1,300 to have the car shipped. If I had just called Coast to Coast myself, I would have saved what I paid AmeriFreight, which I will do next time. Other than that, AmeriFreight was good and they did what they said. But I wouldn't recommend them and would just tell my friends to go to Coast to Coast directly or somewhere and skip the middleman.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had read some reviews online and I got AmeriFreight for shipping a vehicle to our son. The quote was free and everything was done in a straightforward way, including all the details of pricing and how everything would be handled. So, the communication was good about what I should expect.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I needed the vehicle that I bought shipped from Illinois to Kansas. I had another transport company booked but it fell through. They didn’t hold up their part of the bargain and my vehicle wasn’t picked up on time. I had a local tow service tell me to get a hold of AmeriFreight. Danielle, the rep I spoke with, was knowledgeable and she went above and beyond. I got a hold of her on a Sunday and by Tuesday, the vehicle was picked up. The driver kept me informed of when he was going to get there and everything worked out like he said. The entire process took five days.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was relocating then so I looked online for transport companies and AmeriFreight looks quite professional. I needed somebody that could do the job and I'm in a hurry also. The quote they gave was okay but not the cheapest. I have another car transported, but it was also not the most expensive. The organizer, George, was very good at following up and keeping me informed. He didn’t pressure me too much and he was also informative. However, the driver was rude. He called me up and said, “Yeah, you have to come out to the gasoline station half a mile down the road because I cannot enter this street.” I objected and said, “No, you can definitely enter.” If there’s an issue, they can explain it, but he did not properly do that and he came across as rude. Those folks make long days and maybe not the highest pay so I was about to give him a $50 tip but I said, “No.” Other than that, I'm happy with AmeriFreight.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was buying a vehicle and AmeriFreight gave guarantees that made me feel safer to transfer it through them. The quote they gave me also felt good. It was very similar to a lot of other quotes that I had gotten but they seemed to be a better company so I went with them. Their transport organizer was fantastic and very friendly. She was also very helpful, very personable, and was able to answer any questions I had. The delivery went good but the carrier driver couldn't make it all the way to my house because he had a big truck so I had to go meet him. Then my car was splattered with tar when I got it, but it was not really his fault. Everything went really smooth and it was a quick, easy and very pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I graduated from my college and I got a job in a different city, so I had to move. I saw amazing reviews online for AmeriFreight and in one of them, they had 5-stars out 5. At first, my experience with AmeriFreight was great. Everything was based on the web and their process was easy. It seemed very straightforward to me. They offered me the free quotes and I liked it. My car got delivered earlier than expected and the driver was nice. He was also easy to coordinate with regarding the dropping and pick up location. However, an AmeriFreight customer service rep called me about my experience so I explained what I had to go through for the most recent ship that I had. I signed up for the insurance and it stated that I had to check the vehicle within 24-hours upon the delivery. After I got my car, I got it washed and I found some scratches. But I got too busy so I forgot the 24-hour time window and when I found out about it, it was too late.

After that phone call with customer service, the agent from AmeriFreight who coordinated all this called and yelled at me for not filing a report. After getting that phone call, my experience with AmeriFreight got bad. I acknowledged that it was my fault for not filing in 24-hours but what that agent did was very unprofessional. And I'm afraid that if I called their consumer’s office, that agent will find out about it then I will get another angry call from him and I don't want that. It’s just a vicious cycle and I don’t want to go through the trouble.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I was moving and it was easy to get a quote from AmeriFreight. Plus, the price was very similar to the other companies I called. The driver was fine and working with the organizer was very good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I got an initial quote of $600 from AmeriFreight for the shipping of a vehicle I purchased and could not pick it up. I was told that it might not be the final price though. The company had a great reputation at the Better Business Bureau and I received excellent customer service from them. The transport organizer responded properly, followed up even when he didn't necessarily have to and was professional the entire time. He also took his time explaining the process to me. The carrier too called me when they were about 10 minutes out from my residence. They had already unloaded the car about the time I got there and all the driver had to do was hand me the key and make sure that everything was in the proper state with it. Also, the end price that I received was reasonable.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I had a very good experience with AmeriFreight when I had them transport my vehicle from Washington State to Florida. The pick-up was on time and the delivery was a couple of days early, and everything went very well. I liked that AmeriFreight quoted me a price, and I was impressed with how the transport organizer explained the whole situation. It was explained that the price they quote at first is just an estimate. And then they reach out to an auto transport company that will quote them a fixed price. They tell you what the fixed price is, which you can either accept or not. And if you are not going to accept it or if the terms of pick-up and delivery aren't to your satisfaction, then they’ll contact other transport companies until they find someone who will meet your schedule and your price.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My rep with AmeriFreight was easy to reach and provided me good guidance. They were up to their mark with their knowledge and expertise but I felt that the quote I got was a little bit pricey. But I'm good with AmeriFreight. The process from pickup to delivery took three days and the driver called me on the day of the delivery.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My experience with AmeriFreight was excellent. I relocated so I needed to ship my vehicle. I had another transport company that wasn’t utilizing the situation properly and when I searched on Google, AmeriFreight came up. I accepted the quote they gave and the interactions with the transport organizer were positive. He was very professional, friendly and very informative. The carrier driver was very professional and very courteous as well. I wrote a checkout incorrectly, so we drove over to the bank, and put in the right name. He was fine with all that. Overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend them and definitely use them again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was moving across country so I called up a few places and I got a good feeling from speaking to the guy for AmeriFreight. He was useful and although they weren’t the cheapest but they followed up on every step. I also gathered that they don’t transport the vehicles themselves and sub-contract them out. They were very transparent through the process in terms of calling the driver and calling me and letting me know what time the driver would be here. My wife was at the vehicle pick-up and the driver was a polite guy. It went fairly smoothly and it was the same when I received the car. The process took roughly 10 days. It was a great experience and I would tell a friend that I found a good transportation company and they should use it.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We’re in Nevada and our son needed to get to Florida quickly. He didn’t have the time to do the driving so we needed to ship his car. I did some research, checked on Better Business Bureau, and saw that AmeriFreight had a good rating there. And people seemed to be very happy with them so we decided to go with them. The cost was also about the same as it would be to drive and stay at a hotel along the way, so it worked out really well for us to do it that way.

We quickly got a good response back from the gentleman who helped us as well. He was very thorough, always called and if I called him and that went to voicemail, he called me right back. We kept in touch on what was involved and had good communication. The car was picked up and delivered on time, but we had to go through AmeriFreight to get a time with the transportation company who picked it up. But other than that, it was fine. We were nervous about doing it initially, but it was a good experience. They handled it very professionally and the completion of getting the car was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I needed to ship my vehicle since I was moving. I've never done it before and I was looking for someone who has done it. AmeriFreight was recommended to me. My agent was great at communicating with me and I got their free quote which was the most affordable one than everyone else. On the other hand, I wish that I was given the quote that I was promised from the beginning. Unfortunately, I ended up having to pay more. In addition, I wish that the driver would have let me know ahead of time whenever he was arriving to pick up my vehicle. He didn’t let me know until he arrived at the spot so it took me time to wake up, get out of bed, get dressed and meet with him to drop off my vehicle. Other than that everything else was fine. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

AmeriFreight's organizer, Harry, has a very personable character. He gave the low down really well and let me know what’s going on. I really felt good about his work and his help, and everything went extremely well. I wasn’t going to proceed until a month and at one point, something was going on that has been a jump shift and he talked to me and pushed me. I did not fend him and everything went accordingly. They picked up the car at the right time and they dropped it off at the right time. The whole process took eight days just like he had said. And it was an effortless experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I bought a car online and I had AmeriFreight ship it from Michigan to Alabama. I received a free quote from them, but the quoted price didn’t turn out to be the same as the actual price that I was charged. They initially quoted a price of $800 but the actual price turned out to be $1,300, which was way higher. AmeriFreight should hold the pricing to the amount that they initially quoted. My interactions with the transport organizer as well as with the carrier driver were fine. I was under the assumption that the shippers that AmeriFreight used would come to the house, but the shippers had an 18-wheeler tractor trailer and they didn’t want to go to the neighborhood, so we had to meet them. Nevertheless, I got my car down here, so everything worked out and my experience with AmeriFreight was okay overall. The whole shipping process was quick and took only a day from pickup to delivery.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My mom was looking for an auto transport company online and she saw AmeriFreight had good ratings. Our transport organizer, Harry, gave us a free quote and it was fine. He was great and terrific. He was good and funny and made me laugh. He always called right back and was wonderful. I like him a lot and miss him. The transporters came in and did their job but it was late. We were both in a hurry so that was fine with me. AmeriFreight was terrific!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I wanted to get my car out of South Carolina, back in New Jersey. I did some research online and spoke to AmeriFreight. They were very nice and I decided to go with them. Everything went well. The quote they gave me was reasonable and I ended up paying that price. But they didn't tell me that the transport may take a couple of days later and not exactly on the day I wanted. The arrival was off by two days but it worked out. The carrier driver was a real nice guy and the process took six days, taking into consideration the original transport date. They were good and decent to call, and the vehicle was in great shape once I got it. I would tell other people to contact AmeriFreight. I just hope that they'd commit to the days their clients want to transport the vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We had an employee on the East Coast and we purchased a new vehicle. I made a couple of phone calls and I had a good feeling about AmeriFreight. They gave me a variable price and got some quotes back from the transporter. The transport organizer was very good to work with and a good engaging guy. Then the carrier driver had some problems with their truck but they got that fixed. There was a little delay on some kind of a hydraulic hose. We helped them get through that and they took off the next day. The whole process took less than a week and the car got delivered three days quicker than the timeframe given by the organizer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

AmeriFreight gave me a good quote for the shipment of my vehicle since I’m moving to a new location. Their reps have been very helpful and nice. I had a very open communication with the driver. He called me to let me know when the vehicle was going to be dropped off and the pickup.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We were moving from Maryland to California, and we didn’t want to drive a 2-year old and a 4-year old so we had our two cars shipped through AmeriFreight. Everything went really well. From George who set it up to the company that shipped the cars. We had no issues at all. George communicated with us well. He called us a few days in to say he'd be here on Saturday. He also called us the day before and then an hour before. Also, the driver kept in contact with us as he was driving out here and it all went good.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

AmeriFreight had good online reviews and they gave me a fair quote. And although I paid a little bit more in the end, I knew that was going to be the case. Their reps knew what they were doing and the driver I got showed up on time and did was he was supposed to do. From pickup to delivery, it took six days and my truck is safe. I'd recommend AmeriFreight to anyone who needs their service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We got a car in St. Louis for my son and had it shipped to him in Seattle. AmeriFreight gave a decent quote and they had good reviews, too, so we used them. Ben was their transport organizer and he did a good job. The only complaint I have about AmeriFreight was that the final bid came in about $200 higher than the estimated bid. We got quoted by $1,100 and it turned out to be $1,350. It was almost 20% of the total price, which to me, was a little bit high. In the future, they should try to get their estimates more aligned with what the actual was. But other than that, everything went fine. The car was delivered and the timing went well.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We were sending our son's car to him and I put an order with AmeriFreight in on a Friday. Daniel was my transport organizer and I had a good experience. And when I called someone else after hours, they were great as well. The bid was picked up the following Friday and that Sunday, the transport vehicle showed up and got to my son at 8 o'clock on the morning of Tuesday. It was quick and it was a good experience. The person that picked up the vehicle was excellent. We live 20 miles out of town in the mountains so it was really appreciated. The only drawback was AmeriFreight was a little more expensive than I had anticipated as I thought it was going to be closer to a $1,000.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I went home for a few months in Miami and I was coming back to my home base. I had a bad experience last year with AmeriFreight. They said they were going to take credit card and then when I dropped off my car, they said I needed to pay. There was a miscommunication between the dispatcher and the driver. When he got to the destination place in North Dakota a few hours after, he needed to wait but he was okay since things happen when you’re driving.

I could’ve looked for a different company, but since no one wants to come to North Dakota, I had no choice but to have AmeriFreight ship my car. When they said it was going to be a different driver from a different company, it was even worse than the first time. I didn’t like that experience last month. It was different. The dispatcher was very kind and nice but my issue was the driver. He didn’t have good customer service. He took my car keys and didn’t even realize my daughter was still inside the car. Since my husband is military and is deployed right now so his supervisor was the person who was going to give me the favor to pick up the car because I was still in Miami. I told the driver that I wasn’t going to be in North Dakota and that it was going to be someone else, so he needed to tell me the date. He said it was going to take seven days and the latest was going to be on the 12th.

On the 12th, I had to call the driver and ask how much longer they were going to take. He said that he couldn't talk to me and that I needed to call Dennis, the person in charged. The communication was really bad. So I called Dennis and he said that it will be delivered the next day. I told Dennis that I needed to know the exact time because the person who will pick up the car is working at the time that he’s going to get to North Dakota. Dennis told me it will arrive at 3 pm the next day. The next day, my husband’s supervisor had to call Dennis, and Dennis said, “At 7:00 pm.” And then at 7:00 pm, I had to call Dennis and he never answered the phone. Somebody texted us and said the driver was going to get there at 11:00 pm. But I told Dennis that the pickup had to be during the day because we have to check the car. Those people were not professional at all. But the supervisor told me that the car was fine.

AmeriFreight Company Information