4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2318 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 18, 2019

I moved across the country from California to Tennessee. I also needed my car and my toolbox to be moved, and AmeriFreight took care of that. I liked the reviews about them that I saw online so I chose them for the transport. The free quote that they gave me was really good. It was less than I thought it was gonna be and it stayed pretty much the same towards the end. The transport organizer who assisted me was great and very helpful. The dates that AmeriFreight said the pickup and the delivery were gonna work were pretty much the dates that they happened. Three days after the pickup, the carrier driver showed up at the other end, in California. My friend was there and the driver dropped everything off. The delivery was quick and seamless. If I had to ship a car, I would use AmeriFreight again for sure.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I would like to make an investigation with AmeriFreight. I wanted to know and was trying to ask them if they hit the top of the vehicle that I bought or not because there's a bump on it. I never saw the vehicle before, and only saw it on the pictures. And from the view from the top of the car, you could see the bump. But maybe it happened before AmeriFreight touched it. Other than that, everything was okay. I checked other prices and they came in the best. I am very satisfied with AmeriFreight.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a new car in Akron, Ohio and I live in Sunset Beach, North Carolina. I had to have it shipped to me. AmeriFreight gave the right price and came through for me. I told the transport organizer the date that I needed to have the car. She told me it was too early to expect to get somebody lined up yet but within a few days of the delivery date, she would let me know. And lo and behold, she did and everything went fine on the day that the car was to be delivered 7:30 in the morning. The guy who delivered it knocked on my door and had the keys in his hand. The car was in the driveway and had already been started. The car was perfect and cleaner than I expected 'cause he had to drive through a snowstorm. Also, the transport truck was nowhere to be seen. They did it out of the neighborhood. Things couldn't have been any nicer. I've recommended AmeriFreight to others.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Price-wise, I wasn't happy with AmeriFreight. They gave me a price, but when the time came, it was a different price. It was so much hassle. Before we got AmeriFreight, a lot of people were calling about the prices, and we thought we got a good one from them and that we can afford it. I was shocked when I found out the final price and I could not do anything because at that time I had to take whatever it was. It would have been much better if I had known the correct price earlier. But their people and service were good. I was happy with whatever they did.

Everybody who I talked to was nice and polite. The first guy they we talked to who booked the car was really good. The driver was very, very good too. There were two of them who picked the car up. They were friendly and they did a good job. It only took about half an hour to board my car and there was a lot of work to do there too. It was not like just roll it and take it out. They then called my daughter-in-law and set an appointment for the delivery. When she was ready over there, they brought the car to the home and dropped it there. I was very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was moving to a different state and I didn't want to drive. AmeriFreight had the best reviews out of all the options I was looking into. I was able to take advantage of the free quote option and the quote given was decent. Everything was good. They kept in contact with me during shipping and the vehicle was delivered on time. The actual cost ended up around the same as the quote.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had AmeriFreight transport my vehicle from San Diego, California to Maryland for our move and everything was good except for the driver who came to pick up the car. There was a bit of a language barrier and he was a bit rude to my wife. I called AmeriFreight about it and their rep was upset with how that went down. I guess it shouldn't have happened. The driver was not on the same page as what had been spoken over to schedule everything so he was confused and got mad. But when I called AmeriFreight back, they had fixed everything. I guess the rep fixed everything. As for the cost, I felt good about the quote AmeriFreight had given me initially and the final cost was pretty close to that as well.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I moved from Oklahoma to Arizona to do some work and I needed my car. AmeriFreight was highly recommended and my experience with the company turned up very well too. The communication was very good and the car arrived in the same condition as it was picked up. AmeriFreight provides good service.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I needed to get a new car, and I found AmeriFreight online. They were rated by the Better Business Bureau. I got a free quote from them, however, the quote was much lesser than what I actually paid. It was like a bait and switch deal. They gave you a good quote in the beginning, and they were upfront about it. And then there were pretty high credit card fees like 8%, which I thought was a little bit high. I knew all this upfront and I was going to pay it. I didn't wanna deal with the hassle of going with something else, so I stayed with it. That was just the nature of that service industry. They are like anybody else. They may all do the same thing. Nevertheless, Kimberly, the organizer I dealt with, was nice and friendly. She was responsive, too The car showed up when they said it was gonna show up. Everything overall was fine.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My experience with AmeriFreight was great. I saw they had good reviews and when I moved, I had them transport my vehicle from California to Georgia. The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition. I also had good experiences with AmeriFreight's transport organizer and the courier driver. My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought a new car and I was giving my older car to our daughter who is out in Colorado. I selected three different shipping vendors and they put out bids to different contracting bidders and AmeriFreight came with the lowest bid. Their rep called me within 24 hours and explained things. She was helpful and then she also called me when we got that first bid. The first bid came relatively quickly after it was posted it but it was still high. Within another two to three days though after the weekend, some really low bids started coming in for a reasonable price.

The driver just had a one-ton pickup truck with a flatbed trailer, so it only had two cables. I was expecting a semi larger vehicle but I just got a small trailer. Still, the whole experience was pleasant. It went smoothly. I had great communication with the lady who called and arranged everything for me and then when I met the actual vendor, he was very polite and friendly. It was a good transaction and I was happy with it.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I purchased a vehicle in Las Vegas and I needed it to be delivered to Lafayette, Louisiana. AmeriFreight had the best ratings out of all the companies that I found and so I had them do it. Also, the quote that I got from them online was lower than everybody else's. However, I didn't necessarily get that. Then, during the delivery of the car, it would have been nice I was informed further in advance as to when they would be coming. Sometimes, you might be caught in a situation where it's a bit late and you want to get your vehicle but you could make the guy wait and you don't want to do that. But the carrier driver communicated with me well and I liked him.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My experience with AmeriFreight was very good. I was happy with their online reviews. The person who set everything up did a good job in getting me to understand the process step by step. She kept in touch with me. She was very professional, too. The also driver did a good job on any questions I had asked him. They checked my car before they took it and let me know how long it might to be there and all. And when it arrived, there were no scratches. That was my first time doing that, and I was nervous at first of doing that. I would do it again with AmeriFreight. And I will let people know about AmeriFreight if they wanted to transport their car.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought a vehicle when I was on vacation in Florida and needed it shipped back home. I was able to take advantage of the free quote option of AmeriFreight to get a general price range for the transport. The transport organizers were pleasant when I called, but I did most of the interactions online. On the day of delivery, the carrier driver was pleasant too, but my interaction with him was brief and he just had me sign that there were no damages to vehicle. The total transport took less than two days and the experience was simple.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My daughter who is in the Air Force is now stationed in California and I got to move her car. I loved my transport organizer from AmeriFreight and she kept me informed the whole step of the way. She was an expert since she got me through it. I also had a good interaction with the carrier driver. I was given a date range but I was told of the sure date. And then, the date changed to the very next day and it was okay. But he was unable to deliver the car to my address. He told me that he wouldn't be able to pull up his truck on the street that I live on. He delivered it 10 miles away and I had to have it towed to my home. He communicated more with my daughter than me since he had to pick up. That was the little hiccup we had but it was understandable and acceptable. The total transport took eight days from Everett, California and Columbus, Georgia. All in all, I love AmeriFreight and I'll use it again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I'm in the military and when I was on leave in my hometown, I bought a car. I didn't want to drive it across the country to Georgia and so I thought of having it shipped. It was the most convenient way for me. I've never shipped a car before and so I did a lot of research. A lot of smaller brokerage companies gave me good deals, but they didn't have any ratings on them. I then went on Transport Reviews and on there, AmeriFreight had the most reviews, the best ratings, and they also gave me the cheapest price. I wanted the reliability of the better company and so I used their services.

Dealing with their transport organizer was easy, but the experience I had during the pick-up wasn't so great. The person who was in contact with me about the driver wasn’t so clear on when the driver would show up. He gave me a big timeframe but then the driver didn't even show up that day. Instead, he came the next morning two hours late. I wasn't busy so it wasn't a huge concern, but I could see how that would be one for someone who has a tight schedule. Then, during the delivery to Georgia, I was told that I would be given a three-hour notice as to when the driver would show up.

They, however, gave me notice when the driver was already at the pick-up location. That was a little unprofessional. I wasn't part of the duty schedule back then so it was easy for me to go and make that pick-up. Still, I was happy that I went with AmeriFreight. They were very reliable and they provided extra insurance in case anything would happen. They handled it in a professional manner. Also, the price I paid at the end of the transport was the exact same price I was quoted at the start.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We moved over here and we needed to ship our vehicle from North Carolina to California. I was actually going with another transport company that had good reviews, but their customer service wasn’t good and I kept calling them. I got tired and decided that I had to leave. I liked the reviews of AmeriFreight, so I decided to work with them instead. It was really good working with the transport organizers. They had good customer service and they helped me out a lot. Every time I called, they answered. On the day of delivery of the vehicle, we met with the carrier driver at the designated area and it was very simple, easy and fast. The condition of the vehicle was perfect. The entire transport took eight days and our experience with AmeriFreight was really good. I would use them again and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We needed to ship our vehicle when we were moving from California to Florida. I called AmeriFreight and they were able to tell me what was gonna happen right away and I didn't have to worry a lot about what was gonna get done. Also, they gave me an estimate of the price that I would need to ship the vehicle. So, we decided to go with AmeriFreight over other transporters. The transport organizer was very nice and very polite, and he was very good in his knowledge of transport.

My dad received the vehicle when it was delivered and he said that the carrier driver was very nice. The driver wasn’t able to come in through our street because there is construction being done over there now. So, he left his shipping truck out on the road, then he drove our vehicle on the way to the address, and it was very nice of him to do that. The condition of the vehicle when it arrived was just how we left it. Other than getting some dust from the whole trip, there was nothing wrong with it. The total transport took five days and our experience with AmeriFreight was satisfactory overall.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was moving my son’s car out of Fort Drum down to a storage in Concord, North Carolina. Shanda, the girl at AmeriFreight that was taking care of the move, made things a lot easier and smoother. She did everything well, accurately, and on time, and she would give me updates all the time. She offered me the option to pay upfront and gave me a ballpark, and I agreed with it. She also gave me a ballpark on the pickup which was a day before what she mentioned and it was a lot better. It worked out really good and it was a wonderful experience with Shanda.

My son is coming out of Qatar on June 8th and there is a high chance he wants to take the truck that we moved down to Concord to Missouri, and I will call Shanda herself because she made the move a lot easier. English is not my first language, but I never felt intimidated. I have used Reliable and Pilot Transport before, but AmeriFreight had better quality service with half the price.

Original review: April 5, 2019

My vehicle needed moving across the country from California to New York. My wife researched some trustworthy companies and she found that AmeriFreight was among the list of truck workers’ association. The quote given didn't change much but the only thing that changed a lot was the pick-up because they said the truck could come close to my home, and then it couldn't. That was a little bit problematic but I didn't have any complaints about them at all. They also told me that it would arrive one day earlier but it didn't. It was a very snowy week, and it was that week that the whole country had the major weather advising. Even so, the driver was polite. He was worried that I could complain about some scratches in the car but the car was fine and it came in one piece. Everything was okay.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I looked at a lot of reviews and AmeriFreight had the best reviews, which made me chose them. We were moving my wife from Houston, Texas to Columbus, Ohio. I got a free quote from them and it was exactly on. The agent that I worked with sent out the bid and the driver tried to come in a little higher, but the agent made sure we got the price they quoted.

The driver picked the car up Friday morning at ten and delivered it Sunday at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. One of the hydraulic pumps broke and the driver had to shuffle to fix it, which added a little time, but it was nothing we could control. We were still on the plane when he delivered the car and we had to have a friend sign for it. The car was perfect and we were happy with everything.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My customer contact at AmeriFreight was Lindsey, and she was excellent. She was also nice, and I was very happy. The quote that they provided was accurate and they picked up and delivered on time. It took five days from beginning to end. AmeriFreight was fantastic.

Original review: April 3, 2019

AmeriFreight picked my car up this morning, so they're still shipping it but I think it's gonna be a great experience. I've used them before, and I have never had a problem from the office people to the driver. The fellow who picked the car up this morning couldn’t have been better. He was very careful about the car. And so, I'm a happy camper.

Kimberly was my main contact, and she seemed to be very knowledgeable. She was always friendly. I always kept her number because I knew I'd get good service from her. When my car gets delivered tomorrow, it'll be a day early because, originally, I was told it was gonna be two days, but then when they showed up, one of the guys said, “We'll be there tomorrow because there's two of us. We're both drivers. So one sleeps, one drives. It'll be there tomorrow.” So that’s wonderful.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I’m in the military, and I was moving duty stations. Two months prior to my move date, I shopped around companies online for affordable pricing. I have read good reviews about AmeriFreight and the price I was quoted at was $979, the cheapest one. So I used them to have my car shipped. I planned it way too early with them (almost 2 months in advance) hoping they would get a ‘driver’ and lock in the quoted price because they told me that the price may increase especially when it was getting closer to the pickup date, but it won’t be a lot. But that planning ahead doesn’t work because in the end, I paid $411 more. On top of that, my car was picked up on the last day of my move when I scheduled it on the day before my last day, the latest. So after they picked up my car, I had to rush to the airport to catch my flight.

My car was delivered earlier than expected though. However when the driver called (approximately around 5:30ish pm), that they would deliver it in the mall area around 7pm so he asked if I can meet him there. I was visiting family in a different state so I told him I will have my brother meet him and picked it up for me. Since they require Cash on Delivery, and the banks were closed at the time, my brother was kind of panicking because he doesn’t have enough money to pay the driver. It almost cost me extra expense, because I decided to send my brother the money via Western Union.

Fortunately before I did it, my brother called me again and informed me that the driver called and that they will deliver the car the next day between 1200-3pm instead. I understand they come across traffic but I would suggest to not set the time until they really know for sure how close they are to the agreed delivery location because they came late and my brother waited for a little over an hour. This is my first time having my car shipped and I would say I was not happy with the experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I did a lot of research on auto transport services and I saw that AmeriFreight was considered a high-quality transportation service. The price was not superior, but all the reviews were high. My experience with them went well. I paid a high price on it, but they did what was expected. They delivered the car to me on time and there was no damage to the car.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had a very good experience with AmeriFreight. I was moving a used pick-up truck to put my grandson. The move was 1,100 miles, from Austin, Texas to Watertown, New York. I did a bunch of research on transport companies and a lot of it was on price, but mainly it was the reviews. Compared to what was out there, AmeriFreight's cost was fair. Their customer service was also very good. The rep, Lindsey, was on top of everything. Everything she said that would happen happened. She also followed up and see if things were going okay. Their people were 10 minutes early during the pick-up time. The transport took four days and everything went smoothly.

The delivery team and my grandson were gonna meet at Walmart up in New York, but because the driver was familiar with the area up there, he suggested another place that was closer to the base where my grandson is stationed. Everything went as planned. They stuck to the plan and everything was executed on time and properly. We had good communication, and I was very pleased. My grandson's dad is gonna ship the same pick-up truck down to Memphis. So, we’re gonna be in touch with AmeriFreight again for that.

Original review: April 1, 2019

When we relocated from Washington to Texas, I had to ship my car and I got AmeriFreight for it. Initially, the transport organizer started talking about how the whole process works. She was very thorough in explaining everything, but she was not very customer-friendly. Also, the original quote that was given to us was a little misleading which left a bad taste in our mouth. The original price we got was 908 and then a few days later, I got another email and it bumped a couple of hundred more dollars. We found out that once we submitted our order, it went into the computer system and then it was bid on.

The 908 that was originally quoted was what they thought would be the lowest price available but the rep said that I'd never get it. It was like a little bait and switch. So, we had to pay 1,300. It was drastic and the transport organizer could be more empathetic with the situation and the process. The driver had great communication and was willing to work with me since the development where we live in has no way that he was getting back here with his hauler. He worked with me on where we could meet. He met us as close to the house as possible, so it wasn’t an inconvenience for us. He was phenomenal.

My car's condition was what it was but it was a little shocking to see how dirty it was because of the transport. I expected that a little but other than that, it was just a quick trip to the car wash. Given my experience, everything went really well but I do not know if I would recommend AmeriFreight because of what we experienced with the difference in price. That was tough to deal with. There could be a different way that it could be presented so that it was not so misleading to the customers and such a shock in the process. I don’t know if we’ll use AmeriFreight’s service again on our next relocation.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We were relocating and we needed to ship our vehicle. The quote that AmeriFreight gave me was good. Also, their rep was always available. However, when the vehicle arrived there was a crack on the windshield that wasn’t there before. But the entire process took four days, which was within the expected timeframe.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I wanted to move a vehicle from Princeton, Kentucky to San Dimas, California. I looked into several transport companies and AmeriFreight was referred to me by an employee that I work with. When he was in the Marines, AmeriFreight moved his cars around for him every time he moved. AmeriFreight called and I got it all set up. The transport took five days. The reps kept calling me back to make sure that we were satisfied with the pick-up. They kept me informed every time when their driver would check in with them, how close I was and what time I would be there. They were very much on top of that. The driver called and told me the exact time he was gonna be there. He was very punctual with his time. We met him 45 minutes later. The driver picked up when they said they were going to and delivered when they said they were going to.

AmeriFreight didn’t charge me a dime more than what they quoted me. I had called a couple of other people, and they were very shady. They didn’t wanna give me an exact quote of what it was gonna cost me to move the vehicle. But these guys right here at AmeriFreight were good. It was the best experience that I had with anybody. I would definitely use their service again if I needed to.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was moving across the country and I needed my vehicle shipped. I went online and did some research, and AmeriFreight seemed like one of the better-rated companies with a fair price. I used their free quote calculator and ended up getting an email quote a little bit after. The rep was very helpful and I had a very pleasant interaction with her. I got multiple calls about questions, price changes and little detail changes. The driver was very accommodating. The car is a manual and he helped my family member drive the car and park it in a specific spot at a mall parking lot until I was there so, we appreciated that as well. Altogether, the process took two and a half weeks and there was no damage on the vehicle when it arrived. It was a great experience.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought a vehicle that was shipped from New York to Florida by AmeriFreight. I like AmeriFreight's pricing and timeline for pick up and drop off. I was also happy with the quote they originally gave. I received three different quotes all because the carrier ended up changing but I paid the same initial quote at the end to the carrier that I used. The vehicle was delivered to me 4 days after pick up where there was an issue with the driver in one of the days but it was not a big deal and it worked out better for me. Also, the vehicle arrived just like it should’ve been.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information