4.59/5
Based on 484 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

1450 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

If anybody would need to ship a car, I’d tell them to use AmeriFreight and would give them all the information because that was how I shipped cars in the past. I’m a Georgia resident stationed out in Seattle, Washington. Ideally, to keep all my business stuff straight, I usually make all major purchases in Georgia. I bought a car over the holiday and had it shipped from Lithonia, Georgia to Seattle. The company that I used before was going out of business so I used another company. They did me okay but they had terrible reviews.

So I went on a car shipping website trying to find some of the best companies in the business and AmeriFreight was one them that had come up. I asked them for a bid on a weekend and they replied right away. They had something automatic that would give me a bid, but Danielle, the consultant, called me first thing Monday morning. She was very frank with me. She told me that she didn't think the quote was right and that it could be done for a certain amount. She walked me through the whole process. I was a little concerned about getting a driver because it takes a little longer during winter, but things went fine and they got back to me quickly.

When the consultant got me a driver, it happened lickety-split. The guy was coming from Miami and he wasn’t worried about picking up the car when it was snowing. He told me they'd pick it up in the evening the following day. But they ended up getting here at 2:00 AM which worked out fine for my folks. Then the consultant called in to check in on me after a day. Everybody there were excellent as well. When she wasn’t at the phone, her coworker’s would tell me they'd make sure Danielle would get. the massage. And when she got back, she called right back. Everything about the experience was good. This was the first one I shipped through AmeriFreight, but the fifth car I shipped from the east coast to the west coast overall. And this, by far, was the smoothest transition I had in getting my property. The payment was a breeze as well. I’ll use them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My dad was giving his old car to me and he recommended I use AmeriFreight to have it shipped since he heard their name before and it was reputable. It was the best bet. I talked to a rep to get the price for the haul and a week later, we got it all wrapped up. The process was pretty simple and the quote was fair. We then signed on the stuff that needed to be signed and the carrier driver was already waiting for us. It was much earlier than what we expected which was nice. I'm very satisfied with my experience with AmeriFreight.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was moving and one of my children was moving out too and we needed to move the vehicle. I went to the website, looked at reviews and AmeriFreight had good ratings so I picked them. They called right away and we got an estimate on what we thought the quote would be. The only hurdle we had was our move was quoted at a seven to 10-day window. And so, I worked my travel schedule around that. They called two days after pick up and said that they were there, but I wasn't. I was on the road then and I couldn't take the delivery. So, we got the storage and then when I got back, we connected again. It was just a bit of a hiccup. The guys delivering early were out of AmeriFreight's control. But other than that, the person that I dealt with, Danielle, was terrific all throughout. She was responsive to questions I had. We went back to port a couple of times and the move went well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I lost my car in the hurricane and I wanted to get my other car across the country down to where I am. AmeriFreight is licensed, bonded, had insurance and seemed to have their act together. They kept calling and coming back for bids, and the quote they gave was fair. The quote was a little bit on the high side and I've had a lower bid, but there were some other things that I wasn’t too excited about.

After the deal was set, the AmeriFreight transport organizer called and moved the date up a few days. Then there was a little bit of discrepancy when that day came in as to what time it was going to arrive and where exactly they were going to bring it, but we were able to work it out easily. They were good at picking up the phone and getting back to me. Their carrier driver called back and forth trying to firm up the time. He was there, had the car off the transport in 5-minutes and left. From start to finish, it took them three days. I was satisfied with their service and I'd use them again if I ever needed to move a vehicle. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

When I was moving across the country, AmeriFreight seemed the most user-friendly from the reviews online and I went with them. Their quote was a little pricey, but given the customer service and the ease of use, it was a trade-off worth making. Their organizer was friendly, patient and put me at ease, but their carrier driver intentionally tried to break our contract agreement with them. I called their rep and the rep called the carrier or the carrier's radio dispatch person and got the mix-up fixed. Other than that, everything was fine and it took them ten days from start to finish. My experience with them was pricey but worth the comfort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had to do a move across country and had to ship one vehicle. AmeriFreight had a guaranteed quote of $1500 which was basically where the drivers could place a bid. Then people could wait for the drivers to place a bid and see the lowest price that one would take. The transport organizer was really friendly and did a really good job with the cheaper option to get the bids out. He tried to get someone to do that for us but the timing didn’t work out and they couldn’t get someone to do it so we ended up going with the guaranteed price. He made sure we were clear on everything. The carrier driver was really nice as well. We met the day before we left to drop off my car with him, and then he was out here before we were in two days. Overall, it was a really good experience. For any reason a friend would need to ship their car to a certain location, AmeriFreight would be really good for it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was moving across country from Nevada to Virginia. One of my colleagues used AmeriFreight before so he recommended them and sent their details on to me. We got called initially and they gave us a quote for free. In the end there, there was only a $100 difference between the quote and the price we paid. So the cost was reasonable. Their organizer very good, too. Her name was Danielle and any time I called or emailed, she got back to me in a timely manner and was able to answer all my inquiries.

Their driver was really nice as well. He arrived in Virginia a day early and I was not flying out until the next day. He said he could deliver the next day but if I could possibly get someone to get it earlier, that would suit him better. So I had to find a colleague to go and collect the car to help him out. I would recommend AmeriFreight to somebody else. They’re professional, they have a good price, and they provide good service. In fact, I already passed them on to somebody I know who was moving and was asking for a vehicle mover.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I was moving from Maryland to California so, I needed my car to go across the country. AmeriFreight had good reviews and the quote they gave me was pretty reasonable. Their rep, Harry, got in touch with me once the quote was sent to me. We talked about different options for shipping my car and he was very helpful with any questions that I had. He was pretty responsive and kept me updated with the carriers that picked up my order. While the car was being shipped, he was easy to get in touch with, too. On the day of delivery, the driver got in touch with me 24 hours before they arrived. He contacted me about an hour before they got to the delivery point. Once they got close, they dropped the car where I needed it and I got it in one piece.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We had a Bentley that needed to go from Birmingham, Michigan to Miami, Florida. I called Exotic Auto Transport but they jerked me around for a month then they finally said that they couldn't pick up the car. I called AmeriFreight that day and they quoted me a fair price. Their transport organizer, Jorge, was very helpful. Everything he said occurred as planned, and he called to follow-up. They got a driver that day to pick up the car and it was delivered to Florida in four days. The car was delivered a day early and people who received it were happy. I had a fabulous experience with AmeriFreight and I would recommend them to anybody who needs to transport a car.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was moving from Vermont to Colorado and I didn’t have the time to drive the car myself. I’ve used other companies in the past, but they either have gone out of business or I just wasn’t able to work with them this time. I liked AmeriFreight's reviews so I went with them. However, the quote that we were given was a couple of hundred dollars lower than what we ended up paying.

It was also a little hard at first to get in contact with them, but once we got over that, things were really easy and everybody at their office was very helpful. When I couldn’t get a hold of the person I was working with, they were all able to help as well. The carrier driver was great as well. He picked up the car two days before I left and took a total of five days to have the car shipped. He dropped it off a little bit later than we had expected though because of some logistical stuff with the other cars on his truck. He put it off for an extra twelve hours which ended up working out okay for us. We really enjoyed working with our driver and overall, things worked out really well for us.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

My experience with AmeriFreight was very good. The seasonal aspect was that a lot of people were going down south, and AmeriFreight were the first ones to get back to me saying that they could pick up my car since I was moving. Their quote was wonderful, just the price was too high. But I needed to get my car shipped because I sold my house in New York and I would have been homeless. My transport organizer and my driver were both very good. However, the entire process took a little long because the weather went bad up in the northeast, so I’m not complaining about that. They picked it up on the 29th of December and they delivered it on the 9th, but that's not an issue for me. Everything went well.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had a personal relocation and my experience with AmeriFreight went fine. I looked at websites and I spoke to a couple of people in person. The calm manner and the courtesy of AmeriFreight were what won me over. All of the others quoted somewhere near the same price but told me that it wasn’t necessarily the price because the trucker may not agree to it. So, everything was an estimate, which I found a little bit disconcerting. The industry to me is not totally above board because there's way too much flexibility or there's not enough consumer protection. But as far as my dealings with AmeriFreight, they were terrific in their communication.

We had scheduled the delivery for early on a Monday but the carrier driver had trouble with his trailer. He thought it would be done on the afternoon and then it became the evening on Monday, so we decided to do it the next morning. There was no problem communicating with the driver at all and he was really good about it. I was initially mildly annoyed that I was hanging around for 24 hours trying to make sure that my car would be loaded but the driver was so courteous and so apologetic that it was easy to forgive him. And as far as my vehicle getting from point A to point B, there was no problem whatsoever.

All in all, there was more concern prior to selecting AmeriFreight among all the carriers that are out there and the process itself went as smoothly as I could have hoped for. I would absolutely 1,000% recommend AmeriFreight. They were very above board, responsive and courteous. They did what they said they were going to do for the price they said they were going to do it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

For the purpose of shipping our vehicle, we chose AmeriFreight. We moved from Colorado to Massachusetts. Their delivery driver communicated intermittently during the whole transport. I wish he would have called me a bit earlier before arriving. Nevertheless, the car arrived in good shape.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I was moving for work and my son recommended AmeriFreight. Their rate looked fine and since my son used them, I decided to use them as well. I had some time to move my vehicle so I asked the rep if she could post the offer to the truckers a little lower than the ceiling then raise it in a couple of days when I really needed to start trying to move the vehicle. But people came back right away at the lower price. Dealing with the transport organizer was simple too. We just went back and forth until the car was picked up and then I worked with the freight company. Everything went fine on the day of delivery. The car got there on time and my parents picked it up 'cause I wasn't there yet. The guy didn't speak good English but we got through it. I would recommend AmeriFreight. That lower price worked out and I would advice people to try that if they can move their car a little earlier.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was shipping a vehicle for a travel nurse that works for my company and AmeriFreight was referred by another travel nurse. The free quote option was great which I appreciate and the transport organizer was sweet, thorough, followed through, called me back and made changes that I needed. Also I liked the turnaround time on getting things set up. I was expecting a 48-hour window until she could find a carrier but she found one within hours. The overall process took less than a week and there were no hiccups.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I tried to look for ratings and AmeriFreight's seemed very good. When AmeriFreight first got the car they wanted to have me walk a mile to go and drop it off. And then when I picked it up I had used another vehicle since I had to pick the car up about four miles from the house. But I live where it wasn't really conducive for a big truck getting in there. They didn’t know that so it’s not a big deal. Other than that Ben, the courier driver was very professional. He took care of business.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

As advertised AmeriFreight is a good agency. They act as a middleman and contract with the drivers or the companies that supply the drivers. I had to ship a vehicle from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Florida, so I did a search on the computer. Then when I looked up reviews on AmeriFreight, they seemed to be as reliable as everybody else.

I talked with one of the reps there and I was sent a free quote. I was looking at it and I said, “Wow, that looks kind of low. Is that realistic?” The rep was upfront and honest with me. She said, “No, not really. As you get closer to the date, when they picked it up, it’ll probably be about $500 more.” You just have to ask questions when you deal with them because if I went with the estimate that they gave me on the computer, I would have been disappointed since it came for about $500 more.

The car got to its destination a few days earlier than expected and in good condition. It was dirty but that was expected. The only problem we ran into was when the car got to the destination the driver couldn’t get the car off the truck because one of the cars that were parked in front of it wouldn’t start. And so my friend who was going to pick up the car got hang up for about six hours.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I needed to ship my vehicle from Utah to Ohio. I read reviews and searched for several places on the internet. I looked on the Better Business Bureau website as well. AmeriFreight has been around for a long time versus other ones that just started their business or those that had several businesses named similarly but kept on closing down one name and starting up another name. I also really liked the idea that AmeriFreight had thousands of reviews versus someone who had 25.

Their quote was higher than other people though, and I didn't like it. But from reading the reviews of other companies, I figured they did a bait-and-switch. I wanted to make sure I was going to get my vehicle and that it was going to be insured properly. I didn't mind paying more to go with a company that was more reputable via Better Business Bureau and the thousands of reviews that they had.

The transport organizer told me upfront what the transport was going to entail. Everything came true to the different options he gave me so I was definitely satisfied. The carrier driver and I kept in contact via text very well. We discussed a lot of different things, getting closer to the drop-off location. He was worried about overpasses 'cause he had a tall trailer so we had a couple of options together if something went wrong. There was no room to unload the vehicle but we straightened it out on the phone and everything went fine.

AmeriFreight should keep up the good work. If I'd do anything again, I'm going to call them even though they go with another bidder that actually does the carrying of the vehicle. I originally thought it was AmeriFreight that was doing the carrying, but they have other people do that. But I was informed that they were all A-plus people so I trusted them somehow.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a vehicle in Utah from GovPlanet. I contacted AmeriFreight and they gave me the best service, the best price, and the best time. Jorge, my contact with the company, gave me the best service. They gave us transportation from Utah to Bullock, New Jersey. They were very efficient because they told me that, "Friday, we will pick up your truck,” and they picked up my truck on time. The organizer talked to me and kept me updated on the status of shipping. The whole transport took about four days and they updated me about every five hours. It was a very good experience.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

When I was sending the vehicle up to my daughter in Alaska, I did not realize that AmeriFreight was a brokerage firm. They're only setting stuff up and not the actual driving company that’s delivering the vehicle and really has the most contact with the vehicle and that's hard. I picked them thinking I was dealing with a specific trucking company but I still had a fine experience so all turned out good. I only used AmeriFreight to have the vehicle tractor-trailered up to Washington from Arizona to get on a barge. It arrived on time in the Washington destination and then I dealt directly with the barge company from Washington to Alaska. The original quote was a little over a $1000 and I paid a little over $1200 so that was a bit disappointing for me but I had a friendly experience and besides the pricing, everything else happened as they said it would.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was shipping the vehicle to one of my siblings, from Indianapolis to Colorado. AmeriFreight had good ratings and I called them along with three others. AmeriFreight's price was a little bit more expensive but their rep Danielle seemed the most direct, honest and clear in our communications. I didn't feel like she was trying to sell me on anything. I also had a few follow-up calls and she was always prompt on those.

Initially, I gave the drivers the lay of the land and then I had my sister on the shipping end. The driver called and he actually arrived earlier than projected on the same day. But he was willing and accommodating to wait for the scheduled time and my sister was able to arrive an hour earlier. That went on without a hitch. On the receiving side, he called the evening in advance of the scheduled day. They set a time and that all worked as lined out. It was smooth and the service was good, as expected, and I was happy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had been out of town and had a wreck. I had to return home but my car was at a dealer being repaired so I had it shipped by AmeriFreight. I had a difficult situation, given that it was over the holidays and my agent, Danielle, was honest with me that it would be a challenge potentially and was upfront that it might cost more over the holidays. But she was able to get it placed at a reasonable rate.

Dealing with the carrier driver was pleasant. He called when he was in the area and was able to come to my house with the vehicle. It was pouring down rain and he was able to do everything. The whole process took a day and a half and I got my car on Christmas Eve, which met the expectations set by my agent. I was pleased overall and I would definitely go with them if I needed that service again. AmeriFreight is the way to go if anyone needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

When I research, I always type in the name of the company and then the word scam in a search engine. That way, if there are any complaints, they show up pretty quickly, but AmeriFreight seemed to have good reviews on the internet. I needed them for my vehicle that has been in storage for 10 years. The vehicle does not run and it was in a large storage bin in Maine and I am in Florida. AmeriFreight arranged for VJ Trucking to transport my car and VJ Trucking did a very good job of it. I made arrangements with the storage facility to hand over the key so that the storage bin could be unlocked. VJ Trucking was told the car does not run and it will have to be dragged out of the storage unit and placed on the truck and that was done.

But here's something that is a fairly strong negative. Amerifreight said that if you double book with an additional broker, then they try to extract financial penalties off the credit card. The problem I have with that is if they say, "We guarantee we can get you someone in three days," there will be a $200 penalty if you back out. But if they say, "We’ll look until we find it," and it will be after the gasoline is up and you’re not allowed to cancel, then I get upset. So finding a trucker directly may be simpler, cheaper and more reliable if one can get that done, so try to do without a broker if you can. With AmeriFreight, be prepared to pay 20% more than the first asking price because they may lowball to get you hooked on the offer.

Still, the only difficulty I had with AmeriFreight was it took a while to get someone and there was a certain amount of delay because people were not very straightforward about the price and what they said they could get for me. The original suggestion was $850 and I wound up paying about $1,100. AmeriFreight said that the location was not in a very central area in Maine. There were some back roads that have to be driven hard which is true. Then the price came up a little. I waited for a couple of bids then they gave me a bid lower than what I paid. After about two days, AmeriFreight canceled it on the grounds that the trucker didn’t have the appropriate insurance licensing paperwork. They said they couldn’t use the company which is reasonable. But they might have done the credentialing before getting with the bid. It felt a little like it might be bait and switch.

The delivery driver was about two days late as his truck broke down but he did call me before and every expected delivery time. Once he got here, he helped me push the car into the garage which he didn’t have to do. He didn’t ask for extra payment for that part of the delivery which I very much appreciated. He was as friendly as could be. I got what I paid for and everyone was courteous. There weren’t any broken promises except how quickly they could get the car and what the price was.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I compared a few transporters and it was a little easy choosing one. I used AmeriFreight to ship my car when I moved to a different part of the country and their free quote option was good. The transport organizer was knowledgeable and helpful, and the carrier driver was pleasant, on time, and organized. The entire process took a week from beginning to end. It was a good experience and there was no hassle.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I’m from New Jersey and I moved out to California about a year ago. I was debating whether I was to ship the car or just sell it and get a new car. I decided to ship it and I got some quote. I talked to AmeriFreight and they gave me a good price and timeframe so I went with them. The organizer gave me a follow-up call a couple of days after I requested the quote and asked if I had any questions. They explained the process to me exactly how it worked in terms of getting a carrier, the payment method, insurance and everything related to it. They basically walked me through the paperwork that I was signing off. Everything was pretty cut and dried.

Then they told me when will the car be picked up as soon as they had an assigned carrier. They also gave me the phone number of the drivers so I could call them and get updates if needed. And AmeriFreight called to make sure that the car was delivered and to make sure that there was nothing wrong or if there were any issues that I need to discuss with them. The move went pretty smoothly. My mother shipped the vehicle and I was the one that received it. They actually showed up two days earlier than I thought so I was pretty happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We were moving across the country and we needed our vehicle moved within a three-day window. Before AmeriFreight, we went with a different company and they failed us. We gave them over a month to find us someone to move our vehicle and they didn't do it. In our exact situation, we needed something very quickly and on the spot. Given that, the prices AmeriFreight gave were quite fair. The transport organizer did a great job too. He was always very easy to talk to and he got back to us quickly with any questions. It was overall a very great experience. When I met with the driver, he was great as well and it was actually cool that one of my friends actually knows the guy personally. The entire process took about four days and everything was great. We did a quick check when he dropped the vehicle off and everything looked exactly the same as when we first gave it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I called AmeriFreight and spoke with Danielle and placed an order to have my Range Rover shipped from NY to CA. I was told my car would be picked up within 1-5 days, (which is why I placed the order with them). It had been 6 days now, not including weekends, so I called back to find out the status, and was first told that they can't find my order, and then told that they couldn't find a truck for me yet. I got no update about this and I was lied to about the pickup time and manipulated into choosing them. I definitely do not recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

AmeriFreight's price was a bit higher than everyone else but they were the only ones I could find with more decent reviews. I used them to ship a car to a family and I had good interaction with their representative who responded quickly. During the delivery, it was nice that the driver texted me since it was easier to communicate. The only complain I have is that the pick-up time wasn't flexible and they don't work around my schedule. I basically have to give them the car when the driver is ready. Other than that, the process was easy and took a week from start to finish. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

AmeriFreight is a good company and they have good reviews. My transport organizer was awesome and the carrier driver was very professional. He loaded my car and I got it sooner than I thought. When it was unloaded, it was the same driver. I then gave him his money. Everything went perfectly.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I needed a vehicle shipped from New Jersey to Florida and AmeriFreight gave me an initial bid that was better than others. However, it ended but being almost double that. The organizer who responded gave me a quote of $835. When he gave me that first quote, he said he'd call me back. He then left the company so no one called me back. About ten days later, the second person I talked to said that nobody is ever going to deliver my car for that price. It cost me $1,250 instead. However, the carrier did a good job. All in all, it took three weeks. I'm not satisfied and I would not recommend AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight Company Information

www.amerifreight.net

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use