4.56/5
Based on 564 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1754 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I had to ship my car for a move and AmeriFreight has the best rate among transport companies out there. I felt really good with the quote and service on the quote. Alicia was the transport organizer and she was very professional, friendly, and did a fantastic job. She took care of me through the whole process and helped with easing tensions. I really appreciated all the work and effort she put in. The carrier driver was also amazing and all-around great character. Then the shipment took roughly two and a half days from beginning to end. I was worried about it, but I ended up extremely happy. AmeriFreight met and exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We moved for work. I looked at some online reviews and AmeriFreight was highly rated. I used their free quote option and the quote was fine. It was on the lower end of the quotes that I had seen. The organizer I worked was professional and it was quick. The transport took about six days and I had not flown out yet when the driver delivered the cars. He initially wanted my wife to drive some long distance to get them, which was impossible, but then he figured out something else that was a little more possible. So my father-in-law drove over and the two of them together got the cars and it worked out. The cars were in the same condition that it had been dropped off.

AmeriFreight is a good option to go with. We ended up paying a little more than what was quoted for each car just because it was, they said, a high demand month and if we wanted to get the day that we wanted for pickup, then we would just have to go with it. It was about 20% more expensive per car than originally quoted but it was in the middle of the quotes that we received, so we just went with it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I change jobs and needed to ship my vehicle. I checked all the options, and it seemed like AmeriFreight would be able to do the shipping within my timeframe because I had to relocate quickly. They were very prompt, and when I called them, they responded quickly rather than going to voicemail. The driver was very good too because when I called, he picked up and responded on time. He came right at the place timing-wise also. AmeriFreight was very reliable.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I made a few searches online and spoke to a few different companies over the phone after I submitted a quote through some website. Then I ended up with AmeriFreight due to the reviews that I saw online. The quote was great but the final price was a bit of a surprise. And there were times I was a little bit anxious about getting someone on time. But it was good, for the most part, with the rep I spoke with. The process took about five days. The driver was professional and there was no damage to the vehicle.

Original review: July 31, 2018

AmeriFreight has a lower rate compared to other transport companies. I used them to transport my vehicle when I moved and the organizer was friendly. I also had a good interaction with the carrier driver, but they didn't let me know that they will arrive one day earlier. So the whole transport was shorter than I expected. Still, my experience went well overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was shipping a vehicle from the Southwest to the Midwest. I've tried several shipping companies and AmeriFreight was the only one who responded and got me somebody who delivered the vehicle. It took two days for it to arrive which was an appropriate amount of time. It had bugs on it and things that we encounter on the road but that's normal and it was in a good working condition and there was no damage. Also, the transport organizer and the driver were good. I'd recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When we contacted AmeriFreight, they responded. We chose them to ship our vehicle and worked with them for three months. We went back and forth with them because I needed to get an idea of the cost for a business expense. Their rep gave us a high end quote and a low end one. But then the quotes they gave were worthless. The cost all depended on the bids. I could a quote and and then the quote goes out to be bid on. What someone bids on it is what I would pay.

Still, the transporter bid something that was reasonable. It costed $200 or $300 more because they were going to deliver the vehicle within a week. Nevertheless, AmeriFreight's rep listened to what we needed. We weren't handed to somebody else and that guy was the same contact person we had over the three months which was nice. When we were ready and we needed to do the move, he was there to execute the contract.

Also, both pick-up and delivery were fine. However, during the pick-up I was never told that the transporters not actually coming to my home. The car was driven 12 miles to get to the carrier because he claimed that there are trees and that there were problems. However, there were no trees and there was no problem. He just didn't want to drive to my home. He then drove the car back, dropped the person off and drove it again. I think he didn't want to come over a bridge and made a thousand excuses as to why he wasn't coming. That put 40-some miles on the car in order to drop it off. Though that wasn't a problem, but it would have been nice to know.

On the arrival side, the same thing happened. The guy was calling and I said I live at the apartment across from a shopping mall, on a Sunday. There's a thousand car parking lot that's flat with no one in it. The driver didn't believe me. Instead, he wanted the car driven somewhere. I told him to just drive the thing up and when he arrived he said that the parking lot was like I said it was. I'm sure, he works with a ton of customers that don't know anything, but that seemed ridiculous to me.

Also, I took three or four minutes to figure out who he was. He wasn't explaining who he was. He should have said that he was from x-carrier, representing AmeriFreight. His introduction should have been that he was supposed to be delivering a 2017 Soul and that he is going to be in the area at a certain date.

Still, my car arrived and it was fine. I have no complaint about the freighting. I like AmeriFreight in terms of of how they conducted themselves. But they're dependent on a sub-contractor, which I understand. But then, they didn't inform their carriers that they're representing AmeriFreight.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I read a good review about AmeriFreight, so I chose them when I needed transport service. Everything was very good with the person who organized the transport. I'm thankful and I appreciate the service. But the quote that I was given was a little bit high and it exceeded my expectation. Despite that, however, the interaction I had with the carrier driver on the day of delivery went very well.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was moving across the state and one of my friends recommended AmeriFreight for me to use to ship my vehicle. While I thought the quote given to me was pretty good, their transport was a little unpredictable. I didn't know when the carrier was going to take my vehicle. I chose my travel dates based on the transport but then the carrier came earlier. Also, instead of them trying to send me my car, I had to go and get it despite the fact that I was paying them upfront for a higher rate.

Original review: July 30, 2018

AmeriFreight is listed with the Better Business Bureau and because of their reviews, I used them to transport my vehicle when I relocated from Atlanta to Los Angeles. The transport organizer was highly efficient, very knowledgeable in the way that she answered my questions. She’s really good. Then the carrier driver didn’t speak a lot of English but that did not create a barrier in any way. He was pleasant. The three of us, including the dispatch person, worked together to communicate. I had a good experience with all of them. AmeriFreight is very efficient at what they do and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 29, 2018

After seeing some reviews and BBB rating I got a quote from AmeriFreight to ship my car from CA to FL. Based on the quote I signed up to ship my car through AmeriFreight. As the date of shipping got closer there was no update from AmeriFreight on if and when the car will be picked. The agent working on my order was very rude and aggressive anytime I contacted him to find out on when will the vehicle be picked. The pickup day came by and I can to cancel my order with AmeriFreight. I am not sure if it was the agent I was dealing within AmeriFreight who was bad but I will not recommend AmeriFreight for any coast to coast car shipping.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I had purchased a vehicle in Florida and needed it shipped to my home in Idaho. I talked to a couple of different shipping companies and AmeriFreight got back to me quickly. They gave me a quote and the communication was good. The organizer seemed to be very knowledgeable about the process and was able to answer all the questions that I had. I felt comfortable working with her. I had somebody else accept delivery and they said that it went smoothly. There were no problems finding the house or getting it delivered and there were no problems with the car itself too. I ended up having to pay a little bit more than the quote but that's to get it shipped faster. So, give AmeriFreight a chance to give you a quote on your moving needs.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I purchased a vehicle in Oregon and I needed to ship it back here in Southern New York. I used AmeriFreight back in 2012, the last time I bought a Suburban in California. And at that point in time, I had done some research and all the reviews said that AmeriFreight was the best company to go with. I was happy with it so there was no question in my mind who I’d use this time. Everything took about a week and a half. As soon as the vehicle was ready to get picked up, I called AmeriFreight, it took them three or four days to get a carrier, and then it’s just the drive from the West coast to the East coast. The initial quote was lower than when I did it in 2012. But a Suburban is pretty heavy and there wasn’t a car carrier out there that would pick it up. So they just made an error on that, but the final price a little bit higher than what they have quoted.

AmeriFreight did an amazing job. A Suburban is a very big and heavy vehicle and the carriers are looking to make money looking for small cars. They worked extra hard to get somebody to pick this order up so I was more than pleased with their efforts. AmeriFreight has the best carriers that they work with because they are professional. The vehicle was exactly in the same condition when it got here in New York as when it left. Their drivers are topnotch, the customer service is excellent and the prices are very competitive. In my mind, I wouldn’t even search around. I would just go with AmeriFreight. I'm completely thrilled.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I was moving locations for work and I needed to ship my vehicle. Quality-wise, there was good communication between me and AmeriFreight. I could get a hold of 'em whenever I needed to. Cost-wise, they originally estimated my shipment for $800 but it ended up costing $1200. Still, I expected the higher cost and I wasn't super upset about that. Also, their transport organizer was helpful and he did a good job staying in contact with me. However, AmeriFreight is like a middleman. The delivery guys wanted to do things at a sooner date. I gave the driver the information but then they never changed the paperwork formally, so there was confusion on when the arrival date could be. But I was able to get there sooner so I was able to pick my vehicle up.

Original review: July 28, 2018

When I bought a vehicle, I went with AmeriFreight to ship it. Their price was better than other transport companies. I was also overly optimistic with their free quote, and I was satisfied with the organizer I dealt with. The driver was a professional nice young man. He was not on time, but that was not a problem and he also let me know that he was going to be late. It took three weeks for the process to be completed, and the vehicle looked good when it got here. It was just a little dusty.

Original review: July 28, 2018

When I was moving across the country I Googled a few companies and emailed out to a few, and AmeriFreight had the best response. Competitive price, good attentive service. Some of the ones were either way too in your face or you never heard from them again. They were overly responsive and weren't paying attention. They were just emailing en masse, continually harassing me and I don't like that.

But with AmeriFreight, the price was good and Perry was very attentive to the right point and worked hard. Then the carrier driver found a good spot where he said we needed to get to because it was gonna be very difficult for him to put the truck where I was living at that time. We found a good spot that was very close. By the time I got there, the carrier driver waited for me a little bit. I wasn't even in town yet. We thought it was gonna be a certain day and the driver overdelivered by coming in early, but he was very willing to just stick around and meet me the next morning. It was unbelievably smooth. His truck was there, my car was already pulled out, I did my inspection, gave him the carrier the money, signed the papers and said goodbye.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I had to move out of state and AmeriFreight was a good experience. The shipping I had was a 24-hour drive one. The free quote given to me was fair, and the transport organizer was very helpful in answering questions and concerns. Also, the carrier driver on the day of the delivery had a great personality. They were appropriate on timing and everything. It took three days to complete the process. Use them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I got AmeriFreight because of their reviews and rating and everything went smoothly. I was moving across the country, so I had to store my vehicle where it was first and then I had them transport it to me once I arrived. I had other situations where other freight carriers kept bypassing or skipping on the pick up, which was making more time go by so I knew I needed to pay a little bit more to make it actually happen and settled with them. There was good communication and coordination. They were prompt. The carrier driver was also willing to answer questions and was thorough. They did their thing and all is good.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We moved cross-country from Massachusetts to New Orleans and AmeriFreight was recommended by my mother-in-law for me to move my vehicle. At first we thought they were reasonably priced and the only thing that really bothered us was that we couldn't pin down a shipping date and that was fine. However, the quote they gave was inaccurate and the cost ended up being $200 to $300 more than what they quoted which was what I was pretty upset about.

We had two carrier drivers. The first one was horrible. He made me sign for my car at 3:00 AM. He bullied me and played my husband who he originally got the car from saying that my that my husband said it would be okay to drop it off really late because we have a baby and so we'd be up anyways, which wasn't true.

The second driver was fine except he didn’t give me any update as to when I would be receiving the car except up until like two hours before I had received it. I kept trying to call AmeriFreight, and I wasn't able to reach them. Though he was very nice in person, he barely spoke any English and I had a really hard time communicating with him. Still, at least he delivered it during the day and I appreciated that.

Other people should pick a different carrier that doesn’t have anything to do with those drivers. The communication between the dispatcher and the driver wasn't consistent. We were also told that we'd be able to put up to 100 pounds of goods in my vehicle at first. But then the first transporter informed me that was not the case. So we had all of the stuff in my car that had to be taken out, and we had to figure out another way to get it to Louisiana.

Also, we didn’t put anything in my husband’s car, which is bigger, and the driver was like, “Well, how come you're not putting more stuff in your car?” So if they could get their stories straight, that would be great. One driver said they would call up the transporter but they couldn't do anything about my situation. People should know that AmeriFreight's dispatchers are not available for issues unless they're arranging for pickup. I had a very unsatisfactory experience with them. Not only was there discrepancy in price, there was also a discrepancy in service and information between the person delivering the car, myself, and the dispatcher. Customer service was the worst overall.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was moving to California from Indiana and the reviews for AmeriFreight that I read were better and the price was cheaper. I talked with the organizer through the internet over the evening hours because I was abroad. It was the biggest issue for me since I couldn’t make nor receive calls and we did it through email but it was great and I liked it so I would suggest it with no questions. The driver texted me, delivered my vehicle and my sister got it. It was all good and the total process took six days which was faster.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I'm in the military and I was transferring. I needed to ship a vehicle and somebody told me about AmeriFreight. I got a free quote from them which was about what I would expect about the thing. Their reps were professional and when they came and got the car, they looked at it and got it pretty quickly. And they delivered it before I got there, so, that was a plus. The driver called me and told me that he was gonna be there early. I expected him to be there after I got there. But he ended up getting there quicker, so we just talked about it and he dropped it off in front of my house. The whole transport took six days from California to Virginia and everything was good. AmeriFreight was excellent and I would recommend them.

Original review: July 26, 2018

When I first made the reservation with AmeriFreight, the quote was around $600. But the actual cost was bumped up by 300 bucks. The person that I made the reservation through was very easy to work with. She handled everything and she kept me up to date on what was going on with my request. The transporter contacted me the day of pickup and he was very on time and very nice. He also gave me the option to call him up, but I really didn't have to because it took him two days to deliver the car from El Paso, Texas to Colorado Springs. He dropped it off with no issues. It was a very smooth transition.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased a vehicle in Colorado and I was moving to California. So, I needed it shipped to California. I liked AmeriFreight's Better Business Bureau rating and a lot of the reviews that I read online. So, I went with them. I got a free quote and it was great. Henry, the transport organizer who helped me, was very enthusiastic, very helpful, and called me repeatedly during the process and after the car had been delivered to make sure everything was going all right. He had a really positive attitude and answered all my questions. So, I felt fine about the whole transaction.

But the delivery was kinda complicated. I gave them a "no earlier than date" but the car got here faster than that. And because they had their single truck, they dropped my car off at the owner of the company's house, which was only about a five-minute drive from where I'm living. So I went over there, picked it up, and I had no problems with that. The entire process took a week and a half and my experience exceeded my expectations. I also recommended AmeriFreight to my parents who were purchasing a car in California and needed it shipped to Colorado.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I bought a vehicle in Washington State and I live in Pennsylvania. I looked up about a half dozen transport companies on the web and narrowed it down to about three, and then I had to just pick one. AmeriFreight has a nice website and had a good estimate when they laid out on what the process entailed. But in retrospect, I realized that nobody really gives an accurate quote. They just throw something out there. The problem is that one gets a quote from somebody who’s a middleman, so they don’t really know how much it’s gonna cost in the end. It’s not just AmeriFreight and I think they all operate that way.

The AmeriFreight organizer explained the process and it took me a little while to understand. They’re the broker and they were in charge of raising or lowering the price on the board to try to find me a trucking company. I felt a little disconnected from the process, but I didn’t feel like they were pulling anything over on me or that they were any different than any other broker would be. So, I wasn’t dissatisfied but I was confused. There was a learning curve but that they were helpful when I needed to ask questions. Then the driver who came was very friendly, and we found him a place where he could pull his truck up. He was really good. The transport took 6 days from beginning to end.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I relocated and I did a research of the top shipping companies. AmeriFreight was one of the top ones that popped up. I was okay with the quote when I used the free quote option. Also, their customer service was great. The organizer answered all my questions and she gave me a lot of options. She made me feel like my car would go to me in a safe condition.

The driver texted me where he was gonna meet me and I met him there. I was able to call him along his way to California and he was able to contact me back, so it was great. He made me feel good about working with him. I read some reviews and I was kind of nervous. There were some bad reviews but he assured me that I can call him at anytime to see where he was at. He got my car three days earlier than expected. There was a little dust when the car got to me which is expected when traveling on the road, but other than that, it was all in one piece. I'm a travel nurse, so I've already recommended another nurse to AmeriFreight to have her car shipped from Florida. I'm really satisfied and it was a great experience, so I can't complain.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We have a property down south and I went there to put it up for sale. Then I needed and wanted to get the car there back, and we looked for a carrier that might be available. We didn't know what we were doing or getting but we needed to transport the car. It was nothing we had ever done before so the experience was all new. We had some recommendations and what my husband read online looked like AmeriFreight is a good company so he picked them. We got a free quote and it was fair. But by the time all was said and done, the final cost was more than the quote that was given at the start.

Our transport organizer was Ben and he was communicative. I knew what was going on because he told me. I was in a difficult situation but I felt comfortable approaching him and he was good to work with. I was pleased with the carrier too because they also communicated. They were glad that I was willing to meet them at Walmart because that gave them a much better area for pick up. They told me a time when they thought they would be there, give or take a little, and they were gonna let me know. Then I was in the parking lot waiting for them at the time they said they would be there. Then they called and said that they were gonna be delayed by four or five hours. I understood and I said that I will be back since I had a dinner engagement. Then they called me again later and said it would be a couple of hours later.

It turned out 8 or 8:30 when they met me in the parking lot. They asked if I wanted them to wait until tomorrow. I said, "No," because my flight plan was leaving and I needed to get the car. We did it that night and they came and met me in the parking lot. They took lots of photos then put the car on and away they went. The car was transported through our daughter in Minneapolis because it is a much better area than Duluth where we are. Then they communicated with my daughter and had the car delivered there in Minneapolis. The transport took 3 days and they certainly delivered it in a timely fashion. Also, the car was good when I got it.

For what the situation was, I was pleased with the way it went and the outcome. Everybody had the same goal which was to get the car to us and the car arrived. The whole thing was fair but then there were fees for AmeriFreight. So, all of a sudden, things aren't with what the bottom line looked like, but it is what it is. It wasn't cheap but I'd certainly recommend the service if you need it.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I would recommend AmeriFreight because I know that they would get a driver. When I relocated to Texas from California, I knew that pricing was gonna be a little more with them but I needed the truck and I trusted them after reading the reviews. One thing I didn't like though was getting the quote online. I figured I would immediately get emailed a quote on the range of cost but instead, I got called and I was getting my quote through that way. It wasn’t instant either. The wording "instant online quote" should be different.

But when I dealt with the transport organizer, it went very well. He was very upfront and when we had one miscommunication, he fixed it on the spot. We were able to get things back on a roll and everything was smooth. He was amazing and I would love to work with the same guy again. Then when the driver got here, we unloaded the vehicle. I got to check it over and it was just like I saw before.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I did some research online and it was horror stories with so many other cases. I called about six companies and looked at the Better Business Bureau, and AmeriFreight had good reviews. It wasn’t perfect but out of all of them I looked at and when I talked to the lady over there, she was simply upfront. And also AmeriFreight was responsive. I know that other people have nightmares with this but for us our AmeriFreight experience was easy. They picked the car up on time and the guys were really good.

The only miscommunication that we had was that they were actually gonna deliver the car three days early so we weren’t ready for it. And there was a little bit of a glitch in the communication with the driver. But it wasn’t really a big deal because what ended up happening was that they delivered the car exactly on the date that they said they were going to so our experience was very good.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I got sick and I had to fly to my sister’s to stay for a while. When I felt better, I needed my car and decided on shipping it against buying another one. I researched the different companies and I always read everybody’s reviews and if some people had disasters, I would not go with that company. AmeriFreight was registered and had very good reviews. I had them transport my car from California to Florida and they set it up for me. The first time they called, I wasn’t ready yet and my son wasn’t home so they couldn’t pick up the car. They cancelled that time and then set it up with somebody else. They called to let me know that and when they were gonna pick it up. They came around the same time that they told me.

I talked to the man who was driving the truck. He kept in touch with me and told me exactly when he would be there at my place. He was on time and it was great dealing with him. The quote was very low compared to what it actually cost but the service was great and the whole process was really quick. I had a very good experience and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I needed to get my vehicle up to New York State for an auction. AmeriFreight has moved vehicles in the past and I have their number in my system. I called them and took advantage of their free quote option. The reps and I got along fine. We relayed the information we needed to relay and everything went well. Also, the guy who picked up our vehicle was courteous and told me he was going to have it delivered on a certain day. On the day of delivery I had no problems with him at all. People should use them for their transport needs.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information

Fax:
770 486 7429
www.amerifreight.net

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business