4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2090 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought a vehicle in another state and I needed it shipped to my home. A friend who used AmeriFreight recommended them to me. I submitted a ticket online and AmeriFreight both emailed and called me. They gave me a quote for free and it was a competitive one. It was a very bumpy ride with the pick up of the vehicle due to the dealership but AmeriFreight was very flexible and they rescheduled it four times. Also, the carrier driver was very courteous and helpful. He ran behind schedule due to some mechanical issues on the day of the delivery but he did a great job.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I needed to ship my vehicle from New York to North Carolina and AmeriFreight was the first transport company that reached out to me. Their reps provided good customer service and they effectively communicated. They got the transport set up and coordinated with the driver and myself and we were good to go. I had a friend interact with the carrier driver because I was multiple states away. Then my family member was there to pick up the car for me. The final cost, however, was 200 or 300 bucks higher than what they originally said, and I felt that they kinda beat around the bush as far as giving the reason why the fee ended up like that. Still, I'm happy that my vehicle got there safely. I really appreciate it. It was a good experience with AmeriFreight.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We were moving from Massachusetts to Florida and we had to have our car transported. I saw a good write-up about AmeriFreight and I had them do it. The transport organizer explained how things work to me as it was my first time transporting a car. When the car was gonna be picked up, I got a call from the carrier. I didn't hear from them again until they called me and told me that they were here. The whole delivery took three days and it was perfect. The cost I paid was a little higher than what I was quoted in the beginning, but it was good.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I researched online and saw that there were variety of companies that seemed to be good. I contacted five of them and then got quotes and went with AmeriFreight because of the balance between the quote and the reputation. The rep is very accessible and communicative. My only complaint was that the price went up about $200 more than the quote. By the time they got the actual transporter involved, the quote went up for about $200 more. Since the initial selection was based on the quote that they gave, then that kind of skewed the selection process a little bit. But that sort of the process isn’t entirely in broker’s control. They have to give a quote, and it's probably based on stuff. When your car is ready, then they send it out for bid and then they get bids back. But ultimately, I thought the service was very good. My brother picked up the car and he said the delivery driver is very helpful. The car was also delivered in good condition.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I was moving from New York to California and I needed to ship my vehicle. AmeriFreight’s initial quote was quite attractive although it changed quite a bit. They told me that it might be something that happens but not by that much. During the initial call, the rep gave me the information and then as the time got near, she told me that there’s this truck that might pass by and that they might pick me up at this price. After a couple of iterations, we locked down someone.

By this time, I moved out from New York already, so I had my friend work with them on the pickup. When they delivered the vehicle, I met the crew and they were very nice people and the vehicle was in the same condition it was picked up. The timeframe was all over the place though. It depended on when the conversation took place. No one wanted to put their money down on exactly how many days. It was a really rough estimate. Overall, AmeriFreight doesn’t bring that much value and it doesn’t matter who you go with. You can even contact the carrier directly and bypass the middle person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I liked AmeriFreight's reviews I saw online. The organizer I worked with answered all my questions. She was honest and she did everything that I needed. She was amazing. I took advantage of AmeriFreight's free quote option and it was dead-on. I also received my car at the time they told me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The guy that we dealt with at AmeriFreight, James, had really great customer service. He was really polite and very helpful. He broke down all the pricing and took his time. I felt that the quote was a little bit higher than other places, but I also felt that with everything that we were getting as far as the customer service, it made me feel like it was worth another quote.

The driver was also very nice. His only concern was that he was having a problem regarding the location that he was gonna meet me. But other than that, I was satisfied with him being good with his customer service. He was very polite and on time. We were called about an hour and a half before he arrived and he was supposed to be there in a certain amount of time so we were waiting. And when he got close, probably about maybe 10 minutes away, he gave us another call and let us know that he was close. We met him in the front of our complex, and we picked up our car. AmeriFreight is a great place to go to and anyone would be very satisfied with their service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We moved for our training purposes for work. When I did the research on trying to find the best deals, AmeriFreight's quote was closest to what the website presented upfront than any other site that I looked at. They called me when to schedule the pick-up and they were in contact throughout the whole transport. The driver called on the day of arrival and it was pretty tricky because they had to drop it off to a friend's house because we weren't in town. The driver asked for her contact information and was able to deal with her from there forward to be able to get the cars picked up. I found out from her that the driver had to walk half a mile back and forth to be able to transport the keys and get the cars into the complex. But the cars were in the exact condition that we left them in. Everything went well. AmeriFreight is an easy and straightforward company to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My vehicle broke down in the middle of a cross-country drive and I ended up with AmeriFreight. The free quote from them was average and the rep was responsive. She got back to me with everything I had questions on. However, the interactions I had with the carrier driver weren’t the greatest. He wasn’t very responsive and he showed up four hours late after pushing his initial date back around three or four days. He also didn’t get here until almost midnight, so it was a letdown. He was made aware by the broker that my car was not operable and that it did not roll in neutral either, which he knew going into this. However, he claimed that he didn’t know when he spoke to me on the phone. He stopped at his shop in Doylestown, Pennsylvania and he used a forklift that he had to turn around my car on his flatbed so that he could get it off the flatbed when he got here. Surprisingly, there was no damage to my car.

The whole process took around six days in total. The driver picked up the vehicle, then he got stuck somewhere out between Ohio and Pennsylvania. It was longer than I expected, but I didn’t have a rush to get my car back. AmeriFreight was fair. I paid more than the quote because my vehicle was not operable, but I’ve heard much worse stories, so I feel lucky. The whole system and how the whole thing worked with shipping cars is absolutely insane. The brokers post on boards, then the drivers check the boards and place bids. There is this whole world going on behind the scenes that we, as a consumer, have no idea about. I wish we knew about it going into it, so they don’t have to explain it to us because it is confusing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a vehicle in another state and I needed to ship two vehicles, one from Indiana to Utah and another one from Pennsylvania to Florida. I browsed in Google and AmeriFreight had good reviews. The quote they gave me was reasonable. Their communication was awesome and the interactions I had with the transport organizer were very good. Although I was in fear, everything was good as well with the carrier driver on the day of delivery. The whole process took three days from beginning to end.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We were shipping a van to one of our salesmen and it was kinda difficult to find a carrier that was going in the direction that we were. For the other guys they considered the van a specialty vehicle. It was a little tall and they felt like they couldn't get it done as quickly as I wanted to. But AmeriFreight's rep got on it pretty fast. She knew what she was doing and found somebody in probably about a day or so. She was a no-nonsense person. Then the guy who picked up the van was fantastic to work with.

He came 12 hours ahead of time. We've scheduled for the morning the day after. He had called me and said he had to finish early and would it be okay if he came by and picked it up earlier. He came by right on time. He stayed outside the house. My kids were fascinated to see this truck get on a trailer, and he was super kind with them. It was done very professionally, and very safe. He knew what he was doing, and very into what he was doing. The van was picked up Thursday night and was there Monday morning. They did a nice job.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I needed to ship a vehicle for a sale and when I browsed through the web and looked at several different companies, I liked what I read about AmeriFreight. The quote was a little different from what I paid in the end but the quote was lower than what I expected to pay anyway. I’m quite satisfied with AmeriFreight and the delivery person. He was very good. He contacted me on the day of the pick-up and from thereon, everything went well. They picked the vehicle up in the afternoon and they delivered it the next day. That timeframe was very good. I was expecting two to three days but they were really a lot quicker.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We moved from Florida to Texas and we needed to move a car that was stored so it would follow us. AmeriFreight had very good reviews online and having moved four or five cars out here, we found their quote to be reasonable and comparable to the current cost. Their quote was also a little higher than what we ended up paying, so the cost came in lower at the end of the day. Richard, the guy who coordinated the car's transport, was fantastic. I had worked with AmeriFreight before, but we had to change the date, so he left my project open. Then, when I called them, he said that he would post out the listing. The process was quick and it was mainly on our part that we needed the transport to wait because we weren't gonna be here to receive the car yet.

Richard had the car shipped out here within two weeks and that was very impressive. Then I had to interact with him again because somehow the tolls started picking up the car's license plate while they were driving it, so I got a random bill and he is handling that for me. I have worked with other transport companies that were non-responsive and took forever to get a car shipped. But AmeriFreight was great and the people there have all been very responsive. I would highly recommend AmeriFreight and I would definitely use them again if I need to move another car, which is very possible.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My mother had a vehicle she no longer needed and I had to transport it from Western Iowa to Portland, Oregon. AmeriFreight had some good online ratings, and they were responsive when I talked to them. The free quote was fine, though it’s not anywhere close to what the final transport cost was. But I was aware of that before I ever called anyone. I was expecting to pay around 1,500 and the final was pretty close to that. The organizer was very responsive, upfront with everything and clear on all of our discussions. He was also pleasant to deal with. The driver and I agreed on a location to meet, and he had the car off the carrier and ready for me when I arrived. He had to set the schedule in about 12 hours because he needed to get some sleep, and I understood how that worked so that was not a problem. They picked it up around Monday night and delivered it on Sunday morning. If I had to do it again, I’d probably go back to AmeriFreight.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We were moving from Nevada to Florida and the car needed to be transported. AmeriFreight had good ratings online and so they were the ones we got to do that. The quote they gave me was reasonable and within what I had read online and their organizers were responsive when I had questions about the pick-up and drop-off. The carrier drivers, however, weren't very good at giving me the exact time and location. Both of them just sprang it on me during the day of the delivery. They delivered the car to one of our friends in Florida and one of them misquoted the time while the other one said that he would be there at a certain time but then was there earlier. But other than that, it was okay. The whole delivery was within the seven-day timeframe they promised. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I did a Google search of auto transport companies, made a few comparisons for a couple of days and finally went with AmeriFreight after 10 other considerations. I wasn't too concerned with the bargaining because this type of work is contracted and the price changes no matter what company you're with. So, I was not really looking for the best price. But at that point, I wanted to find a reputable company and I really liked AmeriFreight's good walkthrough of the process. That was important. The quote was good too. Their rep talked about it for a while and really helped me understand why the quote might change, but it ended up staying the same.

The carrier driver was really good, really thorough and pleasant to deal with. He called first and I wasn't available and then he texted me, which was a nice touch because he could've just not said anything and tried again later. He kept me updated throughout the trip. It took six days from pick up to delivery, which was a really good time. We picked the vehicle up from Walmart and he was there ahead of time. When I pulled up to the parking lot, he had already unloaded the car and it was ready. My experience was really nice and it just went really smoothly with the driver.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My mother passed away and we were moving my dad down to live with us. AmeriFreight had good reviews online and more reviews than the others. My husband started the process with Harry and he was the name in the contract but there was a lady that helped. I spent most of my time on the phone with her. She was very kind working through all the details and she was a big help. AmeriFreight had a lot of paperwork that needed to be done and given my emotional situation with dealing with my mom passing away, it was just very daunting even though she walked me through it. I hope everybody is as patient as her. Both she and Harry were great.

The quote was reasonable and the only reason it changed was because we needed a guaranteed pick-up time because we were leaving town so we had to be there when the driver was there to pick up the car. We paid an upcharge to get a specific pick-up time and day. The driver was fabulous and the communication was very good. He texted and let us know where he was, how long it would be and where to meet him. He was exactly where he said he was going to be at that time. It took three days from pick up to delivery and everything could not have been smoother. We have one more car to transport and we would most likely use AmeriFreight when it comes time to transport it. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

AmeriFreight was recommended to me. The quote that they gave me was a little high, but I wanted the car to come right away. So, the quote kinda went up because there weren’t that many people coming at that moment, and we needed the car because somebody was storing it, and I was leaving. AmeriFreight's transport organizer was nice and helpful. She gave me the number of the driver. I called him four times but never heard back from him. I had somebody waiting across the country with the car, and the driver called when he was a couple of hours away and the person waiting had waited all day.

I called back the lady who helped me originally and she called the driver again. It took a lot of effort and there was a problem with the first transport person. He finally called but it was too late and the lady was leaving. I tried to get her to stay and call someone in her office and she could not go back. There was someone there, so they hid the key so the driver could get the car. Other than that, the second driver was great. He worked with me. He contacted me and brought the car to me.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I moved across multiple states from the South and I needed the vehicle. AmeriFreight had the least bad reviews among the transport organizers and their quote was competitive. Also, it stayed exactly what they said it was gonna be. The actual people who organized it and who I spoke with were helpful and nice but the driver was extremely rude when he picked up and delivered the vehicle. He called my mother controlling because she wanted to make sure that she had all the pictures and paperwork already done. So, he made a lot of rude comments to her and then, to me. He didn’t know the area and he was asking if it was gonna be distracting there or not. I told him he wouldn’t have any problem but he still tried to argue. AmeriFreight should monitor their drivers better. The company itself was phenomenal and I didn't have any issues at all. I would tell friends not to expect the driver to be nice but I would still go with AmeriFreight.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When I did a Google search, AmeriFreight was the cheapest. I felt okay about the quote initially. I was really disappointed that it went up to 1299, but I was okay with it. It was not my first time moving a vehicle. Everything went great with the transport organizer. She was commendable. The carrier driver and the lady I talked to who had been organizing all of it on both ends were very professional, very courteous and they were on time and early and very accommodating. If I'll need to ship a car again, AmeriFreight will be the first place I'm gonna go to.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We lived in Maryland and my husband accepted a new job that required him to travel. His first assignment is out here in Washington State. We have a fifth wheel travel trailer that we were moving across the country but there was no way I was gonna drive our car myself so, we decided to go ahead and have it shipped. I've never had a vehicle shipped before, so I really didn't know where to start. I was using Google to do a web search, find the top picks, and do the very careful research of each review of the company. I found AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight had the great good fortune of having my call initially answered by a young lady named Nicole. She spent 15 minutes with me walking me through step-by-step how it's done, how shipping is accomplished, and that they're a broker. The fact that she spent that much time with me just on my initial call, sort of confirmed my inclination to go with AmeriFreight. It was solely based on Nicole's kindness.

What we paid in the end was about the same and there was no variation in the cost. However, the timing was amazing to me. Among the things I had read when I was doing my research is that it could take up to 30 days to have your vehicle go from point A to point B and I was a little leery. But I ended up getting my vehicle picked up on a Friday and delivered to me the following Thursday. I couldn't believe it and I was amazed at how quickly it got here. And Nicole called me every few days throughout the process telling me if my car has been picked up, where it is, and when they expect to get it to me.

We were already out here in Washington when they picked the vehicle up. My neighbor who supervised the process and the gentleman who picked it up was very accommodating. He seemed to really have a focus on doing a good job and making sure my vehicle was safely loaded and on its way. Then, the gentleman who actually delivered it here in Washington called me a couple of different times over the last two days before it arrived and making sure I knew practically minute by minute where he was, when he would be here, and when he would be able to unload the car. The communication, which was the biggest thing to me, ended up being just superb. Also, the vehicle was perfect when it arrived and was exactly as I left it. She needed a bath, but that's understandable. It was a 3,000 mile-trip.

AmeriFreight is the absolute best in terms of customer service. They were very diligent with their communication and they get how important this is to me. It was a little Honda CRV that I, one person, own and they probably ship thousands of vehicles a year, I would imagine, but they made me feel as if my vehicle was the only one they were shipping. That meant a lot to me. To folks who might be in the same situation as I was, there's a company out there that literally will take your concerns into heart and treat you as well as they treated me.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

AmeriFreight had better reviews in Better Business Bureau than some companies. The transport organizer was very attentive. Also, the carrier driver was very good. He delivered the vehicle at the time he quoted me. The whole process took seven days and overall, it was great. It worked with me because my dates of moving changed. I had a great experience with AmeriFreight and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

AmeriFreight was the best value for my move. The quote was fair and it was identical to the final cost. I had a fairly good experience with the transport organizer overall. The only spot where there probably needs to be some improvement was with my interactions with the carrier driver. There was a bit of a language barrier which we ended up getting past but at the destination, the vehicle was not dropped off at an appropriate location. It was an urban city drop-off and the vehicle ended up being dropped off in the middle of downtown. My apartment is downtown but there were better places to do it. It seemed like a very last minute spur of the moment decision, just to kind of hurry up and get it done.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was moving back to California and had to move my car. I went through Google for shippers then I got tons of different quotes from everybody calling me. Then there was this guy Terell from AmeriFreight who was very nice and confident. He was really trying to give me the best deal, so I went with him. He told me that they start low on their quote, and then if someone picked it up, it might go up and I would have to add more money. So, I knew the cost was gonna be more than what he quoted me, but he was very upfront with that.

I have a big window to move my car so he said he would put it out at the lowest amount, and if their carriers had a last-minute cancellation, they might pick it up. He said he was gonna give it until that Thursday and if no one picked it up, we would increase the price. And then when someone picked it up, he called me right away. The driver was really nice too and he used texts which I liked. He let me know when he was on his way and also asked me questions. I wasn't in California then and he dropped my car off with my sister and he let me know. It was great. Overall, I had a good experience with AmeriFreight, so I have already recommended them to my uncle who’s in the field of cars.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The car shipping company that I always use couldn't ship the vehicle at the timeframe I was trying to get it done. I waited last minute and I needed it picked up inside of a week. So, I went to Google, AmeriFreight came up and I tried them. They picked up the vehicle from Massachusetts and shipped it to Florida. The cost ended up quite a bit more money than I normally spend because of the last minute deal. If I had have given them more time, I could have gotten it closer to the price that I pay my regular carrier. But they were very professional and did a good job. Everything that the rep I spoke with said, with every detail, went smoothly. The pick-up person called me, picked up the vehicle and delivered it like they were supposed to. It look about three business days to get the vehicle to Florida and a couple of days before I got to pick it so the transporter held the car for me. All around, the experience was good. They held up to their agreement.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

AmeriFreight had excellent customer service. They were very friendly and they didn't try to lead me on. They gave me a good quote and found a transporter right away. The initial quote was pretty well and it increased, but I was okay with that because I wanted my car to be shipped out as soon as possible. I was shipping my car from New York City to Richmond, California, and the price they gave me was reasonable for the distance. Every time I called, they were available. The actual driver picked up my call to let me know the estimated time of arrival. Everything was good when the car arrived. There was no scratches, and AmeriFreight checked to see if I got my car after it already got delivered. They did a great job, and I've referred them to another person that's shipping their car.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I moved from California to New Jersey. I found AmeriFreight on some rating website and they had a better rating than other transport companies. Their original quote to transport my vehicle was 1,000, but the final payout was 1,300. I understand it, though, since I know that the initial quote is always inaccurate and the final cost might be reasonable. The transport organizer that set up the scheduling for the transport helped me a lot. The driver was very friendly. I picked up my car from him and he even waited for me for 20 minutes.

The delivery was pretty fast. The original estimated time for the transport was one week, but it only took them four days. The condition of the vehicle was good when it arrived. Since it was dirty when I uploaded it, of course it was still dirty when it arrived. The people at AmeriFreight were very friendly and very good in their working style. They even picked up the phone during off hours and I appreciate that. My experience with AmeriFreight was excellent and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

It was part of an estate that we had to ship the car to the other family members that were getting their vehicle. The family chose to hire AmeriFreight and I'm the executor of the estate, so I had to pay for their service. The rep I worked with did well. But in the beginning, they didn't call us with a pick-up time and they just said it was a particular day. It was hard to work things around your life when you don't know what time they were gonna be there. I was calling the night before and the morning of the pickup day but it was all kinda last minute.

The vehicle also ended up having to be towed to a different location to get picked up as they couldn't make it up to the house. It would have been better if we had at least a ballpark time but we didn't even have a window at all. Then, if they were able to contact that person with the truck, they could have looked at the maps, asked a couple of questions, and seen if it was possible to pick up at the location or not. That way, we could have had the vehicle towed and ready to a location they wanted at the time also.

Aside from that, there was a little issue during delivery because the truck couldn't make it down a tree that had some branches that were too low. So, they had to do some kind of different delivery at the end as well. All in all, once the person that was gonna delivery the vehicle was decided upon, a little more contact would have been helpful just to get the time. But that was our only frustration and everything else went really well.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I moved 3,000 miles for work and I needed to have my vehicle shipped. I have read good reviews about AmeriFreight so I had them do that and the organizers did a good job. From the pick-up of the car to its delivery, it took six days. When I first called AmeriFreight, they told me that it was gonna be eight. The delivery was fast and smooth and the quote that I was given at the beginning was accurate. I had a good experience with AmeriFreight. Go with them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

AmeriFreight was the fastest to respond. I gave them a week's time and they were able to find a shipment in my price range. The people who did the delivery were nice and they were able to help out. I was told that the car would be delivered in three days and they were able to do that during that time. AmeriFreight is very reliable and I had a good experience with them.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information