toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

If you are looking to transport a car I would highly recommend giving AmeriFreight a call. They are true to their word. This company gave me some much needed peace of mind throughout this process. They were just a phone call away and prompt in getting back to me in a very timely fashion. Very professional. The car arrived safe and sound. Thank you Graham and AmeriFreight for truly great experience.

I was totally surprised how fast everything happened. Within hours of calling AmeriFreight and talking with Lecia **, I received an email from her to contact a carrier. I called on a Monday morning and my vehicle was delivered on Friday, ONE DAY earlier than scheduled. The price was right as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a car dealer and my dealership sells Toyotas. I have to ship cars to different parts of the country. In a bidding situation, it isn't so much as maximum luxury or close-versus-open containers or things like that. It's about the budget and what we have. And Amerifreight has always consistently been the lowest bidder. I'm also comfortable dealing with them. I just call Lecia from Amerifreight by cellphone and tell her what I need, where it's going, and the budget. She's knowledgeable, friendly, gets the job done, and helps when she can.

I've only ever had one problem with Amerifreight and that was when I shipped three cars to California. Two of the transport companies Amerifreight contracted delivered it right at the customer's front door but one company asked my customer to meet him somewhere which was extremely inconvenient for the customer. But that's on the transport company and Amerifreight dropped that company since. Other than that, I had a very good experience with Amerifreight. They are good people to work with.

AmeriFreight

Dawn, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure assisting you with the shipment of your vehicle. Your agent, Graham will gladly assist you with any future auto transport needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We had a 1-15 day window for pickup of our car. In just a couple hours AmeriFreight found us a driver. They were very accommodating. Excellent communication.

Requested a quote from AmeriFreight's website with all the necessary information provided about my vehicle and departure date. First, the email response stated that if a representative does not contact you within six hours, to call or respond to the email. I didn't hear from anyone and sent a follow up email only to discover the email address came back as undeliverable. Second, the next morning I received a quote from Graham for $985. I call because the email states that if I respond within 48 hours, I am eligible for a discount. You can imagine my surprise when I learned that the actual cost for shipping my vehicle was $1300, and not the $985 quoted in the original email. In my opinion, that is not the way to do business - bad form and unprofessional. I did not use AmeriFreight and will not despite all the glowing reviews posted here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight made it super simple, great communication, faster than I expected, so I was very happy. The price was good and they were very attentive and fast to respond to any questions. Ali ** was on top of it and she would call, make sure everything’s going smoothly and keep me up-to-date. She explained how everything would work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything worked as expected. This is the second time I've used AmeriFreight and both times, the car was delivered on time. In fact, it was delivered early this time by about two days, which is excellent. The only negative part and I'm not upset by it, is that it wasn't delivered until about 11PM on Sunday. The guy got trapped because there were cars parked on the streets. It was a full-sized truck trailer and so, it took time for him to get that all turned around. But, everything went fine and I was able to flex for that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating for a job so I looked up AmeriFreight online and found that they had good reviews so I chose them. I was given a free quote but it wasn't really accurate. They said $750, but it ended up being $950. But my experience was all positive with the transport organizer. It was all good and it was on the level. I got good information from them and they gave me all the proper phone numbers to deal with the driver. It was pleasant and it worked. Also, the driver was cool and the car came in good shape. They unloaded it in front of me and it was awesome. That went smoothly and they did it within the window but it took longer than I thought. I thought it would take something like two days but I think it might have taken nine days. But it was a painless and straightforward experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It ended up costing me more than my initial proposed quote but my agent was very upfront about that. She was very professional and when she had information, she got in touch. AmeriFreight told me that it will cost a little bit more because of some of the more rural delivery specifics. And they had to get somebody to hoist it the last little bit on a one-car loader. I had a few other companies who’d given me a set price of $1,295 and I ended up paying $1,350 with AmeriFreight. But everything on the transport went smoothly. It was delivered when anticipated, and the car was in about the same condition as when it left.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The car was at my father-in-law’s house and we were shipping it from South Mississippi to Washington State, the new location I am going to. I’m in the military. Amerifreight was recommended by two of my friends and I also did not want to put out a bid on the internet. I wanted an agent to deal with it. I was not happy at all with how things transpired with AmeriFreight. I was given a quote by Alicia, the first agent I dealt with. I didn’t hear from them for three or four weeks. Finally I called them. I was handled by two different gentlemen. The original quote was $950. What I ended up paying was around $1,600, but at that point I needed the car and I had to get it shipped. I wouldn’t have an issue if they told me from the beginning that’s how much it was going to cost. They were not very transparent about the whole process. I was ripped off but because of my work I didn’t have time to deal with it.

Ben, the transport organizer was fine and ended up helping me. Once I re-engaged, started calling them, it took them a week-and-a-half to find somebody to move the car despite the fact that I originally called them a month out. He found the person but after that, he didn’t do anything. I’m the one who talked to the driver and arranged everything. Originally they wanted my father-in-law to meet them at 3:00 in the morning with the car. That’s not going to happen, so they agreed to meet him at 7 a.m. and then they delivered it right to the house, so that was perfect. But AmeriFreight advertises that they’re going to do door-to-door but it wasn’t worth the headache to deal with the driver. I was misled on that. The whole situation was annoying. I wouldn’t recommend AmeriFreight to anyone. They rush you and try to get you to buy insurance packages which were a complete waste of money. Fortunately I turned down most of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at reviews for AmeriFreight and felt that they were trustworthy. Their reps responded fairly quickly and they seemed knowledgeable. The driver was pretty cool too. When he dropped the car off to my mom, there were no issues on the back end which I appreciated. I was a little worried about that portion because I knew that the freight company brokered it out. It worked out really well overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a 1972 Monte Carlo that was back in my hometown in North Carolina and I needed to ship it to where I live now in Texas. AmeriFreight had a lot of very positive reviews and good ratings with Better Business Bureau. Their quote was accurate, it ended up being very close to what I actually paid. I spoke to the transport organizer frequently. She would call and keep me updated of the process. She’s very knowledgeable and very easy to deal with. The carrier driver was a little later than what he had expected. But he kept me in contact and was able to get everything unloaded and did everything very nicely. The experience was very easy and it was a good service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my vehicle out in Arizona and I'm not spending much time there so I wanted to have it back in New Jersey. AmeriFreight had good reviews online from what I saw so I got their service. The transport organizer that was very good. He kept in contact like he said he would and I had no problems. So, I was happy with it. But, the car showed up so dirty that I couldn't even inspect it myself and I had to take it to a washer immediately. That's not so much a big deal as much as the inside of the car was dirty. I was not happy with that but I don't blame AmeriFreight for it. I'm sure that's common.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was contemplating driving across the country but I really didn’t want to. AmeriFreight was recommended to me through a friend so I contacted them and interacted with Ben. I asked if he could try to get a bed for my car and he had one within three hours. It was very quick and he gave me all the information. He told me about the cost, the finder’s fee, the insurance, and the amount that I have to pay the driver. I accepted and we got the paperwork started that night. I was very pleased. I don't have any experience with this kind of stuff and seeing AmeriFreight was Better Business Bureau rated, it made me feel a little more comfortable. Also, Ben was very helpful. And when the car came, it was exactly like I left it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son was moving back to his home state so the car needed to be shipped from California to Florida. We had offers from other companies but we chose AmeriFreight as they had very good reviews and their rep was very professional right away and we were given a quote. We could tell the difference 'cause we had a different company last year and it was a nightmare. But the person at AmeriFreight was very professional and didn't make things up. He was true to the facts what he had told me and was very assuring.

At first, he had another carrier company to assign our case to, but they didn't come through with the insurance information. They didn't have coverage, so the rep called me immediately and told me we couldn't go with that carrier and that they'll find us a reputable person. That was really great and it was perfect with the carrier we got. I was a little wary of that because I know the main company contracts out to carriers to pick up the actual car. But they were comfortable and were always available too. There were two people that we communicated with, the actual driver and his supervisor that drove the actual car back to Florida, and they were both exceptional. They were a local California company but I would use them again if I ever have to ship a car again.

However, they wanted to be there earlier than the time that we had originally set. We were really stressed out being under the circumstance of having to be there for that certain amount of time. We had a tricky situation and we had only a two-day time frame that we were able to coordinate our flight out to be there for the car to be picked up. It was pretty difficult but the staff were very accommodating and very quick.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was shipping a vehicle to my daughter in college. She had to go back in January, and I wasn't going to let her drive over the rocky mountains. And since I had a friend that used AmeriFreight, I decided to use them too. The quote they gave me was a little low for the circumstances and it was a little unrealistic for the time of year and the weather because my price was ultimately much higher. But the pickup was easy and well-explained online. The driver was very nice and accommodating, although he was late getting here. Not entirely his fault, but he could have called and said he was going to be as late as he was. He did wait for my daughter to get out of class, so all in all, it was fairly good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband liked the quote he got from AmeriFreight. We've used the company twice. One was because we're moving from California to Virginia. The second time, we shipped the car back to the dealer because there was something wrong with the car. Everybody was nice during the first time but the communication was lacking. The girl who was calling on behalf of the driver rescheduled our drop-off three times. Originally, the driver was supposed to drop our car off in the morning but we ended up not getting it until 10:30 PM that night so we had to reschedule several times throughout the day to accommodate him. That was frustrating.

The second time we used them, however, everything was great. The driver, who was different from the first, was professional and loaded the car very nicely. So we were pleased with that. His truck was too big and my car was going to be the last drop-off so the lady the lady who received the car dealt with a different driver but didn't have any problems on her end, too. We have recommended AmeriFreight already to two other people. If we have to ship a car, we'll use them again. We were satisfied enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I had to ship a car from Florida to Minnesota, we found AmeriFreight. And because they were the highest rated shipping company, we chose to go with them. They gave me a fair quote and everything worked like it was supposed to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mostly because of their reviews, I decided to go with AmeriFreight. Their transport organizer was great and the car came in good condition. I read that sometimes stuff get stolen and I even put things in the back. But everything was there and that was fine. They were great and I had no issues. I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved to California and needed my car shipped over here. So I checked online reviews and found Amerifreight has good reviews. I then decided to go with them. I did call other companies before them, but the quote given by Amerifreight was competitive. It might have been higher than some of the other ones, but it's more secure. I don't mind paying a little bit more as long as I know I'm going to get the car in good condition. Their rep was nice, gave me all the information I needed and she was available when I called back. If I had any questions, she would answer them for me. So it went out good. The carrier driver was good too and it was a plus that she spoke my native language. The process was fast and easy, and I appreciate that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with AmeriFreight was really nice. My son was in the army and he needed his car so we needed to ship it to Georgia. I was looking online and AmeriFreight showed that they had a good service so I decided to try them and it worked out perfectly. I called, got a quote, then I told the rep that I would call her back after I talked to my husband. I called her back and told her that we wanted to go through with them. Within three days they had somebody for the move and the car got there in four days, which is great. The carrier driver gave me his phone number so I could call him anytime if I was worried, where they were at or where I could keep track of them. He was really nice and took good care of the car. When my son received the car, he called me and told me he had received it and everything was fine and there was no damage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A relative's car was being given to me and I didn't feel like driving my car down with somebody. And by the time I drove down to South Carolina from Ohio, I brought another person, bought food, gas and everything. I looked at AmeriFreight online and they were rated fairly high so I went with them. I explained to their rep when I set the shipping up that I work night. I don't have a phone by me 'cause I'm not going to have anybody wake me up. And it ended up being my day off when it was going to be delivered. And so, they called and I went over to the spot to meet him so it was easy for him.

I was waiting about an hour then this woman called me and said that I was in the wrong direction. It's going to be three hours later so I went back and tried to go to sleep. I got called again and then I went back a little to sleep a little while longer. That was a pain. If I ever did it again, I would not have my phone with me and they’d have to wait until I got up. If it's before 1:00, don't bother.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight took care of shipping my car when I was moving across the country and it went mostly as planned. The carrier driver was supposed to call me before he got to the pickup location but he didn't so that was quite a problem. Other than that, from the time he picked up the vehicle until the end, it went very smoothly and it was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It took a little longer to get a driver to take our load because there were two vehicles going out to its location. But everything went fine with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son is in the military so we needed to move the vehicle when he got to station. AmeriFreight was rated a little higher than the others so we went with them. However, the free quote that they gave was a little low by about $300-$400 from what I paid. Also, they couldn't get any driver so it took them a while to find one. Nonetheless, the day we dropped the car off, the driver was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used AmeriFreight twice and everything was good. We got the car to the location that it needed to go to and had no problems whatsoever. The second time we shipped the car, it was because one of my son's old friends took off in it and it wasn't a good situation that we were in. The transport organizer worked with us very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved to a different state and we needed our vehicle. It's an older vehicle so there's no way it'd make it if we drove it, so we chose to ship it. AmeriFreight had really good reviews and they are BBB certified. That really sold me on that. I got a free quote from a broker. He emailed me, he didn't have to make phone calls, which was really fast and convenient. When I got it delivered, the driver was sleeping so I had to wake him up. So it took a little longer than I expected. But I get it, he drove all night and it was fine.

The only issue I really had was the communicating part. I had to talk to the broker who set it up and then I had to talk to another person was who was the guy that was keeping in contact with the driver. I just wanted to talk to the driver to figure out timelines. There were a lot of loops that I had to go through. But besides that, I got my vehicle on the date they said it was. It's fast and convenient and at a good price. I highly recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight helped me out of a tough situation. When I was shipping my car from Texas to Massachusetts, I initially scheduled with another company, but they never set up the actual move. So for weeks, I was waiting for them to get me my car. But no one was picking the car up because the company low-balled the quote really badly. They quoted me $850 and the carriers knew that they will not get the money they should be getting. Eventually, my dad and I started calling other places and he came across AmeriFreight. I ended up paying AmeriFreight $1,100. The AmeriFreight rep explained to me and my dad that it was a reasonable price. Also, that was about what everyone else quoted so it was fine. We then got everything set up and they have my car shipped to me within a week. It was a lot easier than what I have been dealing with.

The only little hiccup during delivery was when I had told the guy that there's a Lowe's directly across the street from my apartment, but he ended up going to Home Depot instead. But it was just around the corner so he unloaded the car and drove it to my apartment complex. Other than that, the shipping went smoothly and the driver has been very nice and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was happy with the service provided by AmeriFreight. They were the ones that showed up available and responded when I contacted them. However, it ended up costing a bit more than the initial quote but that was not necessarily their fault in that respect. I got my car in good condition and I was satisfied with what AmeriFreight did. However, I had said that I would do a survey response and filled out all the answers and got to “Submit it” and it would not take it because I didn’t have a 200-plus word. That is ludicrous. They might want to take a look at that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a Mustang shipped from Oklahoma to Colorado as it didn't run. The first quote I got was for a two-week out shipping which was in line with everything else. Then I had a last-minute change in schedule so I called a few companies and most of them couldn't even set up anything in that time period. But AmeriFreight seemed to be the quickest in responding out of anybody. I had to pay more for the rush but it was worth it. They got good reviews overall online and their people seemed easy to work with as well.

I talked with Grant, the transport organizer, a lot. He was the best part of the process. He always answered my calls when I called and was prompt when responding. He also did a great job of telling me what was going to happen, what it would cost and how the shipping process works because I didn't realize that they're an intermediary, that they're not the shipping company but organized and put me in contact with one. Then I called the carrier driver the day that the shipper was assigned to me. We set up a date, they've met me on time where they said they would be and we loaded everything up. It was a painless experience. The unloading was fine, too. They were there when they said they would be and everything was in good condition when I got there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight gave me the best offer so I chose to deal with them. But they were late. I had to call the company two or three times because they weren't giving me any updates. The time and delivery date came and they didn't deliver and there was no communication. I called the operator and then the driver called me and said that the truck fell down or something. The car got there and it was fine, but three days late.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had set up a time frame for my car to be picked up and didn’t realize that the bids were open on the day that I gave them the okay. So, my car had not been picked up for another week after the original date I set. I moved and left everything, and I had to leave my car with a family member. When they were dropping my car off in Sacramento area, they told me they were gonna be there that day. I called them and they told me that they were actually in L.A., which is seven hours away from where I am. They said, “Oh, we didn’t realize Los Angeles was not by Sacramento.” And I replied, “Well, you should’ve looked at a map or something before you told me you're gonna be here today.”

The other issue that I had was when they finally dropped my car off, they asked for payment and it was less than what they had quoted me over the phone. And so in my mind, I'm not gonna give them extra money because I don’t want them to come back later and tell me that I still owe them, the money difference. I gave them the smaller amount that they were asking for and then someone from AmeriFreight called me back. The rep said that I owe money to them and I told her, “I'm not telling you I don’t owe you money. I'm just saying I wasn’t gonna give the guy extra money if he wasn’t asking me for it.” I felt that it was poorly handled also. All in all, the communication process with AmeriFreight was not 100% great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose AmeriFreight because of the Better Business Bureau rating. The transport organizer was great and prompt. Whenever I call, they return my calls. Also, the carrier driver picked up the vehicle for my wife and she said that he was good. It was a very quick and easy process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched Google for vehicle transport services. AmeriFreight came up and they had the best reviews, so I checked them out and went with it. The organizer was awesome. She was super helpful and answered every question I had. She was also really honest with me. The delivery was easy and simple as well.

AmeriFreight Company Profile