4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2241 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I looked at a couple of transport companies during a move from Pennsylvania to Texas but since my time was limited, I chose AmeriFreight because the initial offer they gave was the cheapest. But after that, it doubled. In fact, the quote was around 800 then I paid 1,300. That's what the driver asked for and it was too much. The carrier driver was also supposed to come on a Thursday to give him the key. He kept saying he was coming in two hours, but eventually, I left the car with the keys in the street. But in the end, the delivery worked out well. While I paid double of what I’m supposed to pay, I received my car on a Tuesday when the delivery date was Friday. It was a short time to receive my car. Other than that, the transport organizer was nice.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was moving and I looked at at least two transport companies but I liked AmeriFreight's customer service. The rep was very knowledgeable, upfront and instead of beating around the bush, she was real about where I was spending my money on. She let me know what I was doing, what I shouldn’t do and why it was the best company for me. I liked the way she sold it. You’re spending $1,000 and you wanna know why. I told the rep to take her time on the time that it took the pick up and drop off the vehicle but it took less than a week. Everything was perfect.

The driver was professional and was not too uptight. He said he woke up late so he was expecting to be an hour late but I was okay with it because he let me know upfront what it was gonna be like and everything was gonna be okay. When the vehicle arrived, the condition was fine. The brake light was stubbed but that was probably because the car was used and old. So, I wasn’t upset about that. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was moving from state to state and I needed the vehicles shipped for more than 1,000 miles. I looked at around four or five companies and I looked at some reviews online, and AmeriFreight’s reviews were good. Initially, I was skeptical because if the reviews are good, I might pay more, but it was reasonable based on the service and I was okay with that. My experience with AmeriFreight was good. My car woman, Lindsey, helped me out. She was good and composed, and she told me whatever my requirement was. The price was a little over $100. I was expecting around $700 per car, but it was $800 I had to pay for both the cars. But I was okay with the service. The shippers, both the guys who moved, were really good. However, the quote was a bit over whatever they said. It was around $690 or $700, but I had to pay $100 more like it was a 30% or 40% price hike.

My suggestion would be, from a market price point, if you feel that it should be around $800, the quote that you should give is around 750 because the customer might be okay with a $50 increase, not a $100 increase. It is based on demand and supply kind of work, but when you give the quote, don't give the baseline quote then have the customer pay more. He may feel that it is not working out. The service was good, though, that's why we are okay, but when you give a quote, try to make it on an average, a little over than the baseline. The pickup and delivery went smoothly and both the carriers were really good. They handled the cars when they were boarding the cars and delivering them. I'll recommend AmeriFreight based on the price point.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

When we were moving from California to Georgia, AmeriFreight was the only transport company that responded to an inquiry. Initially, I felt that the quote was a little over than what I had anticipated. But being in the situation I was in of only having one offer, that’s what we went with. I worked with a broker to identify the driver. I connected with him multiple times via phone and email and had very positive interactions with their carrier driver. The vehicle was picked up on a Friday and then it was delivered on the following Thursday. I’d recommend them to my family if I needed to use a transporter for cross country. They were very streamlined and straightforward. In the end, it was worth the extra dollar figure.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I live in North Carolina and I sold a vehicle to my daughter who lives in Pittsburgh. I transported it through AmeriFreight, which took three days, and the experience went fine. The transport organizer was very helpful and the quote that they gave me, though higher than what I wanted, was okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was relocating for a new job. I considered three transport companies, but AmeriFreight seemed like a bigger company than the rest of them. I had very professional interactions with their transport organizer and they got my car shipped in a timely manner. The pickup and delivery of the vehicle were good. The guy was really fast and the entire shipment took four days. The vehicle arrived a little dirty which I expected, but in good condition.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was moving and I shipped my vehicle with AmeriFreight because of their reputation and their pricing was pretty good. We initially talked over email and then I did a few phone calls and the organizer was very prompt. The driver picked the car up a day early but other than that, he was very professional and on time. The transport two or three days and they let me know when they were in the general area so I had one day to prepare. My experience with AmeriFreight was very solid.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We had a car shipped out from Louisiana to South Dakota with AmeriFreight. Better Business Bureau had a good rating for them so we went with them and we had a great experience. The organizer was very helpful and she kept in contact. Also, the quote was what it was. We sped the process up so it cost a little bit more but she told us that upfront. The transport took about a week and a half. The carrier driver answered her phone every time I called her and told me where she was at. We knew what was going on the whole time and she took the car right to the door where it was to be delivered.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was buying a car and I paid 2,075 bucks to have it shipped coast to coast in the middle of winter in an enclosed carrier. The quote was totally fair and AmeriFreight did a great job. I was very happy with it overall. I had never done it before but I wanted a covered hauler. I went and got five quotes online and AmeriFreight was right in the middle. As a first time experience, I thought that would be the one to go with. Once I’ve made contact and initiated, they were very professional and everything went very well. They were honestly straight, no BS.

The only thing is that I had asked this specific question and they said that the car would stay in the same vehicle all the way from Washington D.C. to Salem, Oregon. I saw the video of the car going into the big closed car carrier. But when it came down, it was in a different, smaller one. So it had been removed and installed into something smaller. Somebody backed my GT500 out of one and put it into something else. But there was no damage. I’m fine with the service. They were also supposed to pick the car up on a certain day but they didn’t pick it up until the next day. They also said it would be delivered in five to seven days, and it was delivered on the eighth day. But I was totally fine with it because there was a major storm. It was winter weather between East Coast to West Coast, and it was horrible. So AmeriFreight did well. I was quite satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Our daughter had moved to South Carolina and she had our car. Then she bought a new vehicle so we were trying to get our car back to us. We’re here in Colorado. I looked at transport companies on the internet and everybody had pretty decent reviews. But it seemed as though AmeriFreight had the best reviews. They had competitive prices too. The representative I dealt with gave me all the information I needed and answered any questions I had. It was a positive experience and we were fortunate that he found a hauler the next day after I called. So it really worked really well for us. The transport took four days, which was quicker than what they had said. The driver was ahead of schedule a day or two and besides being dirty, the car arrived fine.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My stepson is in the military in Washington State and he had no car so, we shipped it to him. AmeriFreight's quote was comparable to the others I got. They were all expensive but that was a long way to ship a car. The person who scheduled the transport for me did a good job. She was nice, easy to talk to and she helped us. The delivery driver was very nice also and I was pleased with his service. From the beginning until the end, the process took three days.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

AmeriFreight gave me a reasonable quote for shipping my vehicle 500 miles but I didn’t get it accomplished for that amount. I got quoted $645 but I ended up paying $795, which is about 25% more. I would rather have been told the real price upfront or an amount closer to it. And then, I had to give their rep the dimensions of the vehicle two or three times. I had to take pictures of me holding measurements, which I think was a miscommunication between the rep Danielle and the truck driver. Then at the pick-up site, the driver didn’t have the paperwork for when you walk around the vehicle to check it, to look for damage and to make sure that nothing is missing. When he delivered it, he also didn’t have any of that. And that’s even after I had already talked to Danielle, and she said that the driver has to have that all fixed.

I know that the truck driver is an independent contractor and not really an employee of the broker, but that guy didn’t have any of the paperwork necessary at the beginning or at the end. And so, in truth, the transport was completely illegal. A bill of lading is a legal piece of paperwork. If he had gotten pulled over, he would have had some serious explaining to do. Another thing, only the two front wheels of the shipped vehicle were secured. I guess that’s on the liability of the guy driving the truck, but if he had to do emergency braking, I would be concerned from the point of driving the truck and having only secured the two front wheels. Straps aren’t that expensive so I would have thought that he would wanna strap the back wheels down.

The issue wasn’t so much AmeriFreight. Still, I wouldn’t use that truck driver again as he needs some improvement. Thus, AmeriFreight needs some improvement in vetting their drivers. The trucking industry is probably filled with people that know what they're doing, but not everybody should run a business. Some of the guys doing the trucking would do just fine at the trucking business, but they're not that great at providing paperwork and answering or returning phone calls, which is where AmeriFreight fits in. In this incident, AmeriFreight didn’t provide any of those. They fit our need to get stuff moved from here to there, but it could have been a better experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I become a snowbird and originally, I was thinking of either buying or leasing a car down here. But it seems like it was gonna be way too expensive. One of my cousins suggested I have the vehicle transported. It was a last minute decision because I was due to fly out on a Saturday afternoon, and I only got a hold of AmeriFreight on a Friday afternoon. Originally, they were gonna try and pick it up on Saturday morning, but that did not happen. Instead, I gave my tenant a key, and she was there when they came for the pickup. The carrier driver was very, very nice. The car arrived quickly and while I had washed it before I left, it was dirtier than it was, but that was a long haul. The young lady I spoke to at AmeriFreight was very helpful, too.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We have a distribution agreement to distribute a certain vehicle in South Florida and there was a boat show. We had a lot of showings coming that week, and so we were trying to ship the vehicle down there. We were going from Danville down to Fort Lauderdale and AmeriFreight was one of the transport companies that came up. We called AmeriFreight and got a quote fairly quick. We were happy with the price on it. It was a rush situation, so everything was prompt on their end. I was in contact with them the whole time, and they were good at following up on any issues that arise throughout the process.

The AmeriFreight rep and I made sure that both parties were on the same page if we had to change a pick-up time or a pick-up date. It was a little fluctuating because the product was gonna be done, and we were trying to estimate when it was gonna be done. It wasn’t like it was done and then we scheduled. It was like monitoring two projects at the same time to make sure everything was simultaneously working. They also kept me on the same page on whatever was happening on their end.

The courier driver provided a certificate of insurance right upfront. AmeriFreight chose all carriers that were insured on their end. The driver drove the vehicle down and said that he was gonna try to get it there in two days. He got it there in one day and everything was fine when it was delivered. We'll probably use AmeriFreight again. I was happy with the experience, and also with the involvement and the number of callbacks. They're open late too to accommodate the different hour changes in time zone. So, I was happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I needed my vehicle shipped from New Jersey to Tennessee and went with AmeriFreight's service due to their good rating on the Better Business Bureau. I was given a lower quote, and then they knew that I needed the vehicle by a certain day. They then called back at a higher price. Although I paid too much, everything went well. The interaction with the AmeriFreight rep was fine and the delivery driver was great. The driver took the vehicle on a Saturday and I didn't get it back until Wednesday, wherein the vehicle's condition was fine.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was transferring with the military and was transporting my vehicle. AmeriFreight had the lowest price initially but it increased by $600 which I understand because it was a seasonal thing. Other than that, the rep I worked with was great. Tara did everything I needed. For the transport, I was expecting a semi to come pick it up and the carrier driver had like a Dodge 1500 or something with a trailer. It wasn't what I expected but I had no complaints. The transport took longer than a week and all the timing was perfect.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I sold my old car to my brother-in-law and bought a new one. I shipped my old car to him and I picked AmeriFreight for the job based on the quality of their website. Their organizer did a fine job. She was forthcoming about the process and it sorta worked out like she said it would. Their original quote was a low-ball but what I paid in the end was in the middle of the other quotes I was given. The pickup to dropoff process took seven days and my brother-in-law said the car was dirty when it arrived. Other than that, there weren't any issues.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

First thing first I am a person on the inside who is privy to all of the deceptive practices used by this company for years. I am not a disgruntled former employee looking for revenge. Their employees are willing participant is the lies told daily by the company. How do I know you ask? I had to let go of my truck's dispatcher and told her to give this company a call since she lived nearby. The lengths this company goes to trick people is sickening. Behind the scenes we all have access to what the going rates or comps are. The deceptions starts here (actual customer case) customer call to move Luxury SUV. (Going rate 1350). What does this company tell them the price is 950. I know you must think well the customer is saving 400... Wrong.

What happens here is the customer is intentionally misquote by 400 in order to get the sale and charge their fee of 250 and 500 depending on how much they think they can get out of the customer all while telling the price way too low to attract anyone at all, if they do It is usually the one no other company will give loads to. My old employee told me their motto 'Don't sell the dispatch, sell the sale". In other words tell them whatever they want to hear to get them in the door and sell the dispatch later (after the customer is backed into a corner). Now is where the customer realizes they have been duped. AmeriFreight still has tricks up their sleeve in store. They falsely blame the carrier by saying the carrier asked for 400/500 more.

This goes to show that the price quoted wasn't even a serious one. Meanwhile AmeriFreight is plotting to get more from the customer this way. They add even more into the price (more for them and a little bit more so they can give the customer a phony rebate or discount. The reviews come into play with the rebate on the contingency of leaving more than one or two reviews saying how great the company or no rebate. If you look up their complaint record this is all they say. That and how bad the driver are. (read above).

I read one complaint that literally said the driver sent forcible kissed the customer multiple times. ** The list goes on and on how bad these guys truly are but their bribe game is so on point all of the people leaving truthful reviews are buried under the bribed ones. I have been hauling cars for years and have not nor will ever haul anything for them. Don't be one of their silent victims.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

AmeriFreight had good reviews. It came across as reliable and trusted. We used them for our move to a different state. Their rep was very detailed in the process and on how it was going to go. The initial quote was super low and I didn't know what the rationale behind it was. Eventually, the market value was too high. We closed to a quote that was closer to the market value than what was initially told. I understand that it's a bidding process. But during the quote process, I wish the quote can be a number which is much closer to the final value and not too much of a difference. My thing was roughly $500 off from my initial estimate. But overall, it was a nice experience. The driver was very courteous and friendly. Our whole interaction was very smooth. For the move, they committed to be done within five days and as they said, even with the bad weather conditions, everything went as expected.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I moved to another state and I shipped my vehicle for almost 2000 miles using AmeriFreight. The transport organizer who helped me was good. However, it could have been better if they honored the quote that they provided online. The quote that I got was around 900 but the actual shipping cost was 1,100 something. Despite of that, everything went smooth from pick up to drop off and which took less than four days. Except for being a little dirty, which was expected, the vehicle was in the same condition when it arrived to me.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had a car that I needed to be picked up and shipped to the east coast from the west coast. I liked AmeriFreight's pricing and coverage. The only problem with them is that there should be more information on the front-end. They don't give you all the information. They need a realistic amount of time that it takes to really find a carrier. That process is a little long. Also, the quote that I was given originally was great. But I wasn't as happy about what I paid in the end. Those aside, the car pickup to the dropoff took seven days. And the car was in great condition when it arrived. It went to a dealership.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I liked AmeriFreight's price and their organizers were all very good and professional. I had to ship a car to my son, and AmeriFreight did good service. They were really fast.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I moved out of the United States, so I needed to ship a car across the country. AmeriFreight said they could give a better rate than other shippers and I got a better rate from them. Some of the quotes that were offered upfront were way overpriced. AmeriFreight 's quote was a little too low, but it was a decent quote and then the actual price wasn’t too much more than what they quoted initially. But their email format looked super not legit and didn’t sound professional. Initially, I even thought their email was spam. I had to look them up on Better Business Bureau to make sure they were a legitimate company.

They booked the shipping through a company. Although dealing with the transport organizers was good, it was a little confusing at first and there was a misunderstanding based on what I had needed and what they had thought I meant. We were trying to coordinate the pickup schedule with my work. I work 12-hour days for five days a week and I can't bring my cell phone where I work. But they were scheduling the wrong date to pick my car up and I needed it to go out at a different date. I had a no-earlier-than date, but they were scheduling it to be picked up before that date. That was annoying, but eventually they got the schedule to work.

I was trying to figure out when exactly the driver was gonna come to pick up the car and kept trying to get in touch with them. They repeatedly said they would call but then nothing would happen. That was not a favorable experience. Other than that, it took the vehicle six days to get from the East Coast to the West Coast and given the distance, that was a reasonable amount of time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I had to ship a vehicle out to my parents who moved out to California and compared to others, the quote AmeriFreight offered was very reasonable. My brother-in-law found good reviews about them too. The reps I interacted with were very responsive. The carrier driver was also responsive as well as on time and accommodating. From Washington, D.C. to Santa Barbara, California, the whole transport took eight days and AmeriFreight was really outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

AmeriFreight had a lot of good reviews and the quotes that people got seemed decent. They quoted me $900 but it was like an emergency and I needed the car moved right away. The rep did a great job of making it a priority and within a couple of days, they were able to schedule a pickup. The pickup was delayed a few hours due to traffic but it wasn't a big deal. Everything went smooth and it was perfectly on schedule. The driver was phenomenal and I was very happy with the transportation. I would recommend AmeriFreight to my friends who want to move their vehicle. I would let them know that everything that AmeriFreight told me was upfront and there was no hidden cost.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I bought a vehicle and I had to have it shipped to me. I used AmeriFreight and my interaction with the transport organizer was okay. They didn't list the pictures, though, and different couriers had to keep calling to get pictures. AmeriFreight didn't post the pictures, so I had to send them pictures three different times. They didn't put it in a common place where anybody can look at it. They put it in their own email, and then the next person that called couldn't get back into the original email, so I had to send it again. That happened two different times. Other than that, the courier that brought my car was good. He called and told me what he was doing. The condition of my car was what I expected, too.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I was moving from New Jersey to Las Vegas and I didn’t wanna drive the car so I thought it’d be easier to ship it. I looked at a lot of transport companies and the surveys and AmeriFreight came out as being the number one. They gave me the lowest quote which was $874 and it was good. Most of the other quotes were 1,100, 1,200. When it came to shipping the car, it was 1,100 but I still stuck with them. It was all new to me but the reps were very helpful so I appreciated that.

Since the time was a little congested, I asked the driver to pick up the car at work. I got a call from AmeriFreight saying the carrier was gonna be there between 11:00 and 1:00 on a certain day. I was all ready for the car to be picked up but nobody ever called. I called AmeriFreight and they told me that I gotta call the carrier. I called the carrier but they didn't understand what I was saying. They said the carrier will be there between 1:00 and 4:00 but the guy didn't show up till 7:00 at night. I had the whole thing planned down to the wire and it didn't happen which was a little frustrating. But when the driver picked up the car, he apologized and that eased the situation a bit. He also called a day beforehand and when he dropped the car off, he was punctual. Although there was a problem with the pickup, the drop-off was good and there was no damage to the car. All in all, it was a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My son was moving to Georgia to stay with his brother and we had to ship his car down there. I wanted to go with somebody who wasn’t about the money and I wanted to make sure they were trustworthy. I chose AmeriFreight because they have good reviews, but I was bummed out because they gave me a quote for $790, but then when the time came, it was $1,200. It was around Christmas time, the holidays, and winter time. That probably bumped up the price more. They warned me that it could go up but I thought it may be $100 or $200. When I got the call, it was a lot more than that so it was disappointing, but all in all, it was worth it. AmeriFreight was good. They told me not to worry if we didn’t hear from them because it would be until a few days before they found a driver.

The carrier driver was good. He came, took pictures and picked up the car. I was worried, however, because my husband went out there and signed something on his phone, but we didn’t get a receipt. We had to keep calling the driver and I hated bugging him, but we wanted to have the receipt saying he picked up our car. It took a couple days for him to finally e-mail the receipt for us then he got the car in Georgia in two days. He picked it up on a Wednesday and it was there by Saturday morning. It was quick and a good experience all in all.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

One of our friends used AmeriFreight before and their experience was really good which was a big deal for us. Also, I felt great when I was talking to their rep, Tara. Then, we decided to go with AmeriFreight to ship my car from Louisiana to California. After that, there was a different quote coming in and some other people, on behalf of Tara, contacted me but overall, it was good.

The driver was responsible and he called in advance if there was a wait or delay. He didn't give me a lot of time to check the car before signing the receiving document which was a little weird for me but overall, the car was in excellent shape when it arrived. It was dirty because it was the winder but other than that, it was fine. Also, in the beginning, their quote was a little bit over our budget. We asked for around $1,200 and we got it for $1,500 which was way above our budget so that was a little bit frustrating but other than that, our experience with AmeriFreight had been great.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

AmeriFreight seemed to have a combination of good rates and good customer service. They were also responsive when we requested a quote, so we got them to ship our van. Their transport organizers were very prompt, friendly, and helpful. The driver was very pleasant and arrived very close to the time that they predicted that they would. I had a pleasant experience on that end as well. Everything went smoothly.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information