toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transporters?

If you are looking to transport a car I would highly recommend giving AmeriFreight a call. They are true to their word. This company gave me some much needed peace of mind throughout this process. They were just a phone call away and prompt in getting back to me in a very timely fashion. Very professional. The car arrived safe and sound. Thank you Graham and AmeriFreight for truly great experience.

I was totally surprised how fast everything happened. Within hours of calling AmeriFreight and talking with Lecia **, I received an email from her to contact a carrier. I called on a Monday morning and my vehicle was delivered on Friday, ONE DAY earlier than scheduled. The price was right as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a car dealer and my dealership sells Toyotas. I have to ship cars to different parts of the country. In a bidding situation, it isn't so much as maximum luxury or close-versus-open containers or things like that. It's about the budget and what we have. And Amerifreight has always consistently been the lowest bidder. I'm also comfortable dealing with them. I just call Lecia from Amerifreight by cellphone and tell her what I need, where it's going, and the budget. She's knowledgeable, friendly, gets the job done, and helps when she can.

I've only ever had one problem with Amerifreight and that was when I shipped three cars to California. Two of the transport companies Amerifreight contracted delivered it right at the customer's front door but one company asked my customer to meet him somewhere which was extremely inconvenient for the customer. But that's on the transport company and Amerifreight dropped that company since. Other than that, I had a very good experience with Amerifreight. They are good people to work with.

AmeriFreight

Dawn, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure assisting you with the shipment of your vehicle. Your agent, Graham will gladly assist you with any future auto transport needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We had a 1-15 day window for pickup of our car. In just a couple hours AmeriFreight found us a driver. They were very accommodating. Excellent communication.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight's webpage was easier to navigate so I used them to move my truck to Florida. They picked it up the day before Thanksgiving so I imagined that slowed the transport down a little bit because they probably didn't leave until after Thanksgiving. But the transport organizer did what he was supposed to do and did a good job on it. I'd recommend him. The truck was delivered clean, and didn't have any nicks or scratches or anything. It's pretty decent for the cross country move. I have referred AmeriFreight to some other people and I'd use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used other transport companies who a lot of times are not available. AmeriFreight was available and they were able to make the delivery happen. They also had good reviews. The organizer was Alicia and she was great. She had found one pick up time with one person and I couldn't do it, so she was able to get the next one that was available to me. Then I had to change my location, but she still made that work out fine. She's also available whenever I called. Since I needed the delivery to not be on Wednesday, the car was picked up on a Tuesday and it got here on Thursday so it was exactly what I wanted. It was picked up in Manhattan and the carrier was there at the hour he told he would be there. I would definitely use them again and recommend them. They're reliable and have good customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My daughter had a Toyota 4Runner out in L.A., and I wanted the vehicle back here in St. Louis where I live. So, I went online and got AmeriFreight. Their pickup and delivery time were very good. However, when the driver picked up the car, he told us a different date for when the car was going to be delivered to St. Louis. Nevertheless, it all went very well and their rep has been a big help. She's been very good about returning phone calls and getting a hold of the freight company. A lot of people don't do that, but I was very satisfied with her. On the pick up day, they called my daughter and told her that pick up would be in the afternoon and my daughter said everything went fine. So far, everything worked out well and I would recommend them if somebody wants their car shipped.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a van from a fellow franchisee going out of business and needed it shipped from College Station, Texas to Kingman, Arizona. My son, who lives in Iowa, shipped back the car we had loaned him to Kingman when he moved to Las Vegas. Everything went flawless with it, so I got AmeriFreight's number from him. The quote was $666. I did not know at the time if it would matter or not 'cause they allow a hundred pounds and mine was gonna be at least two or three hundred pounds so they just adjusted the price. I still find the $1,000 was worth it to get it here. We were expecting them on a Friday but they gave me a call and said they'd be here Saturday morning about 9:00. The driver called an hour and 40 minutes prior to getting here and arrived about 9:10 so I would consider that really on time. I would use them again and would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son’s grandfather gave him a car as an early graduation present. He lives up in Maryland and we live in Florida. It’s an older car so we decided we were not going to put a whole bunch of miles on it and shipped it down instead. AmeriFreight was referred by a friend that used them. She had her car shipped without a hitch and she really liked the work that they did so I got them too. AmeriFreight put out their quotes for bids and they tried to get as close to it as possible. But they were upfront about that from the get go. I had to be patient and it came within $75 of what they first quoted. Basically, they said that it all depends on whoever takes the contract. Their driver was nice and very pleasant. Overall, their rep was really good with keeping in contact with me and keeping me up to date. She did great.

This is more a review of ConsumerAffairs than of AmeriFreight. I just finished speaking with AmeriFreight. They are an auto transport BROKER, not an auto transporter. Big difference for me. Less direct relationship with drivers, etc. Just wanted to make other consumers aware.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was living in Florida and was offered a position in Pennsylvania. I made a quick, little bit of research on the internet and Amerifreight has good reviews so I used them. The transport organizers were friendly, professional, and helpful, and it was the same thing with the driver. The whole process wasn't any longer than I would have wanted.

Lecia was very helpful in arranging to transport my daughter's Jeep from our home in North Carolina to her new home in Washington state. The original quote was lower than the actual quote but it was over the Christmas vacation and was still in line with other movers. The driver was unable to get his truck to where it needed to be delivered so he drove (with our permission) to meet daughter's boyfriend and took an Uber back to his truck. At his own expense. Would definitely use their services again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get my vehicle to a family member. I started looking online and AmeriFreight was the first company that popped up with good reviews. I paid exactly what they told me I was going to pay for.

I made my initial call to AmeriFreight the week before Christmas to arrange the transfer of my car. Ali ** quoted me a fair price, and warned me that due to the Christmas holiday and the delivery location (Idaho), it might take until after the New Year before she found a driver to pick up my car. She was right - the car was picked up right after the New Year. But in the interim, she called me on a couple of occasions just to let me know that the order was still pending and that she was still confident that the car would be picked up shortly. I appreciated the updates.

When I placed the order, Ali very helpfully stayed online with me to ensure that I clicked all the right boxes and filled out all the forms correctly. My car was picked up in Dallas on a Friday afternoon by Nick. He stayed in good contact with me via cellphone so we could arrange a good pick-up site that suited both of us, and so I could plan my schedule accordingly. He called me about a day and a half out, a day out, five hours out, and then 40 minutes out. The car was delivered on Monday evening. He drove through some pretty crazy weather to get here to Boise, and delivered the car in perfect condition. In conclusion - if you want a company that offers you excellent communication, performance and price - give AmeriFreight a call!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle that I bought from North Carolina to Washington. The best quote AmeriFreight gave me was $1,150 but I ended up paying $1500. When we got the bid from the mover, I was in a position where I didn't have any other choice. I needed to get the vehicle moved, granted it was winter time and it was an acceptable amount, but I thought it was a little higher than what it should have been. If someone would have come in and said they wanted $2,000, then I wouldn’t have done it. I would have told them to keep looking. But I needed to get that vehicle here and so I ended up paying a little more than I thought I would.

They don't have a lot of impact over what a mover is going to bid but they did their job. The agent that I worked with did a good job. They were very responsive to all my calls and emails. However, there were a couple of times where the mover was supposed to pick up the vehicle but didn't show up. But when the vehicle is sitting at a dealer, waiting for people to come and the driver doesn't show up, then the problem is not the broker but the hauler. But then again, it's in the middle of winter. There's not a lot of people going across the United States in the dead of winter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in Miami and needed the vehicle transported cross-country. I researched over the internet and AmeriFreight had some good reviews. Within a few hours, they found a carrier driver and he was very professional. The estimate was accurate like they promised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had gotten out of my lease on the vehicle and the dealer bought it from me. It was at home and I needed to get it shipped to Arizona, so I had AmeriFreight do that for me. Their final charge was a little bit more than their initial quote, but I had to take it since I needed to get the vehicle to the dealer earlier than I had originally thought.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a vehicle in another state and I just had to get it to me. I was out of the country then but I gave the transport organizer contacts and he did everything my contacts wanted him to do, so shipping the vehicle was way easier for me. It's been an easy and reliable experience with AmeriFreight.

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY. I was trying to ship a car from VA to OR and had to cancel my order with this company because a carrier was not booked within the 7 business day window. I was very disappointed with the lack of communication from these agents. I kept calling during the 7 day window to check in and asked that they call me with updates. I understand that it was a difficult time to ship over the holidays and with winter weather conditions but I would have at least liked a call from them to know they were working on it. I received no communication and zero confidence from them that they could find a carrier.

After asking Lecia what she recommended or what she would do in my situation she said she would not ship a car and drive it instead... Again zero confidence in this company. Very frustrated that my time was wasted and I have to rent a car longer until I can get my car shipped. I decided to go with an actual moving company and pay a little more for a guaranteed pick up date. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AMERIFREIGHT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had used AmeriFreight several years ago. I was satisfied then and came away satisfied this time as well when I shipped a vehicle from Atlanta to New York. Everything was fine about the entire transaction. I had recommended them and would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a vehicle shipped, and since I have used AmeriFreight in the past, I used them again. I had a very good interaction with the transport organizer, and the quote they gave me was okay. Everything went real smooth. In fact, they delivered the vehicle ahead of schedule. There are a lot of bad carriers and brokers out there, but AmeriFreight was pretty good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We are brokers and we're purchasing vehicles to export to friends. I had three quotes from Amerifreight and I only used one. At the end, the price turned out to be $50 or $75 higher than what I was expecting. Other than that, they offer a great service. They're personalized and they take care of you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a truck in Pennsylvania and I live in North Carolina. I googled reviews and AmeriFreight had an excellent review rating. The organizer called, told me how the process worked, set it up for me, and the quote I received was very accurate. When the transaction was completed, the organizer contacted me via email.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everybody I spoke to in AmeriFreight was great. They're very straightforward, friendly and helpful and were able to give me a good price when we had them move our vehicle out of state. It was a quick process as well. They took the car Sunday and it was at the location by Wednesday and they were in contact. It was a very easy experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed shipping for business and I felt more secure with AmeriFreight. Their quote was all right however, they didn’t explain it properly to make me understand what I was going to pay. It was a little higher from what I understood. I asked questions but my questions didn’t make me totally understand it. Nevertheless, I felt very comfortable with everything except that I wish I understood the price because I paid $100 more than I was expecting to pay.

AmeriFreight Company Profile