4.62/5
Based on 527 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of importance when shipping a vehicle. Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. This is our passion. We will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11 000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle. No carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship our customers’ vehicles.

We have accomplished an excellence in service quality that is second to none in the industry. This was made possible by considering the three main relationships when shipping a vehicle. Our customers, our carrier partners and our employees. No amount of effort for customer service can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect and offer our employees the best employment opportunities and work environment. Happy carriers and employees translate to happy customers.

Safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle. AmeriFreight offers the BEST possible protection for their customers through the industry standard AFta PLAN. A vehicle is covered over and above the limited coverage offered by carriers. That includes damage discovered even after a vehicle is delivered.

You are invited to give AmeriFreight the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t ship before you talk to us. We would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1653 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I shipped my old car to my mom. I had chosen a company, I booked an appointment, I paid the fee and I didn't hear from them for two weeks. I Googled car transport and AmeriFreight had a good rating by the Better Business Bureau. And some of the responses at ConsumerAffairs were great. So, I crossed my fingers and chose them. The person I worked with was great. She responded immediately, stayed in touch, kept me updated, called me a day before and told me that she had a driver available and gave me some times. During the transportation she called and asked if I had any questions. I like the fact that they were communicating with me throughout the whole process.

The quote that they gave me was comparable to the other quotes I had received. I booked it on Monday, they came and got it on Tuesday, and they got here Thursday. It was within the timeframe that they said it would be. Once the driver was about to deliver the car, he contacted me as well as my mom to make us aware that he was on his way. He called when he was on his way and sent a text when he got on the road. He was a good communicator. If I have to ever transport a car, I would definitely utilize AmeriFreight again. My experience was great and I'd recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I was moving from the West to the East Coast. I used AmeriFreight for shipping my vehicle because they appeared to have better reviews than other transporters and they met the needs for like insurance and things. The transport organizers were polite and helpful too. I did have to pay $300 more though because I had a narrow timeframe. But I believe for the total cost, the quality was great. They're reasonably reliable as well.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I graduated college out in California and was moving back home to Tennessee. I needed to ship my vehicle and when I got bids from several different companies, AmeriFreight ended up being $200 cheaper than anybody else. So, I went with them. The quote they gave me was more than fair though it was a big rigmarole because the quote I was given was given by somebody that got fired during the time it was given to me and it ended up being a big thing. But they still stuck to what I was originally quoted and were very apologetic about the issue.

I dealt with AmeriFreight's reps on the phone and they were very friendly. I never had any trouble getting a hold of them or them getting a hold of me. Most of the time, I was kinda worried if I was hearing back and if I needed to hear back more frequently but they called me every couple of days to let me know everything was okay. And even while the truck was on the road, they were calling with updates. So, they were very good.,

The guy that ended up delivering the car out was also very good. He gave me a cellphone number so I was able to text him. About halfway through the transport, I shot him a text and asked how everything was going and he replied within the hour. Then the pickup and drop-off went very smoothly. The whole process took six days which was a lot sooner than I thought it was gonna be. AmeriFreight was great all around and I would recommend them to my friends who are looking for somebody that they can trust with their vehicle. I would tell them that AmeriFreight's customer service and everything they did for me were topnotch.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was changing my place of residence from Maryland to California and went with AmeriFreight for their reliability. I received a call and I was told the process and everything that could go right and wrong. All the instructions were clear and I knew what I was getting into. I wasn't kept up-to-date during the transport, but at the very beginning and at the end, I got notifications. The move took about six days which was reasonable. My final payout changed a little and I was told it was due to the timing. I shipped from late May to June and that time was apparently a very busy time. Also, I gave about 10 days’ notice only and I was told that given more time, they would have been able to negotiate the price down.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I got a new job in Noodz and I was moving from Florida to Washington. I did some research online and AmeriFreight seemed like the best option for shipping my vehicle. So, I went with them. The quote they gave me was pretty reasonable and it went up a couple hundred bucks in the end, but I expected that. I worked with Alicia and she was on top of our transaction. She helped me out a lot. I scheduled a little too late so she worked with me a little bit to help the process move along and it worked out. Then, their guy was a couple of days late for the delivery because his truck broke down. His timing was a little off during the day, too. When I was supposed to pick up my car, he said 1:00 pm, but it was actually 8 o’clock in the morning. Other than that, things went fine and the whole transport took nine days. All in all, I had good communication with AmeriFreight and they were easy to work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: June 17, 2018

Although I paid a little bit more than the quote they gave me, AmeriFreight was more affordable than the other companies. They gave me all the information I needed and they were helpful. And the car was delivered in tack.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was moving to my other house and shipping one of my automobiles. I chose AmeriFreight for their price. I also checked the rating and references and they sounded good. They picked up everywhere and they didn’t change anything they promised in the beginning. The driver was also a nice guy. He was very polite and my automobile was delivered without any damage. AmeriFreight did a good job and I was happy.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The final price that AmeriFreight charged me didn't really equate to the online quote. But the car was in good shape when they delivered it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife and I were moving from California to Alabama. AmeriFreight ended up having the best reviews that I found and they were able to do it quickly, so I went with them. I contacted the driver as he was picking up my car and when he got it out, my father was the one who received the car because I was still out there. He called me and let me know that it was there. It was a great experience and I'd recommend AmeriFreight. My dad knows people in the car freight business and they said typically they charge about 75 cents to the mile and AmeriFreight charged less, so I was happy.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I needed shipping for a relocation and AmeriFreight had a good quote. However, the quote I saw wasn’t exactly what I ended up paying, and they need to be a little more clear on that. The organizer stayed in touch, followed up and relayed all pertinent information at the time. The dispatch got in touch with me before he arrived. He also got in touch with me a couple of hours before he arrived at the location to pick up and to drop-off. The car arrived when they said it would, and the driver was professional and polite. I’d tell others to go ahead and give them a call.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am happy with my experience with AmeriFreight. If you wanna ship your car with no problem, these are the guys to go to. I had shipped my daughter's car about four times already and some of them were a total disaster, but with AmeriFreight, everything was good. My daughter graduated from college and she was coming back home to get her license. I did the research and AmeriFreight has good results on Yelp. I also called around and talked to a couple of people. The people involved called me back.

The guy who worked with me originally said he would try and get something moving. He really didn't want me in at all, which I liked that. Then, he told me that he got somebody that would book me and put me on schedule. I also told him that I wanted a reputable company that has a trailer because I had one guy ship my car and he came up in a three-wheeler. It was a double-wide with a trailer on back and I was not happy with that. He understood that and everything was done right. I booked the car early and then once the driver picked up the car in Chicago, it only took about four days to get all the way over to Scottsdale, Arizona. I'll definitely use AmeriFreight again.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Initially AmeriFreight posted the rate of seven hundred and something dollars, and then when they ultimately shipped it, it was double. The rate would sit out there for months and they said that was normal and when it got closer to the time they would start increasing the price. They called me and said, “We can pick it up tomorrow,” which was the first day of my window that I need it to go. And they said it was $1,400 instead of $700. But the transport organizer and the carrier driver were nice. They called when they got close and set up a delivery. The transport went smooth.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought a vehicle and needed it shipped to me from Virginia to Tennessee. The quote that AmeriFreight gave me seemed fair and the whole process took four days. The driver dropped the car off, I signed something, then he left.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was relocating from Arizona to Florida and was looking at the reviews of transport companies, and AmeriFreight had the best review. I took advantage of their free quote option and was given a good quote. I ended up paying a little different price but that was okay. Alisha, the transport organizer, contacted me when I was in need to contact the driver. And that was nice. Also, when the vehicle arrived here, I was still in Arizona but someone else picked it up, and Alisha let me know that happened. Then, she followed up with me throughout the process.

Original review: June 12, 2018

AmeriFreight gave me the lowest price among the quotes that I got to ship my vehicle when I moved from East Coast to West Coast. I also had a good time working with Larry, the transport organizer. I had several phone calls with him and he let me know how this operates and also gave me the information about the drivers. The driver was professional too. He always texted me half an hour before his arrival.

Original review: June 12, 2018

AmeriFreight's price met my needs and I paid almost the exact quote in the end. I had a little bit of issue with the lady about when my car was gonna be picked up, but we worked everything out. The driver was fine and he already had my car unloaded for me by the time I got there. Everything went fine.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The reviews for AmeriFreight were way better than those for any of the other competitors that reached out to me. The person I worked with was also very professional. She definitely understood what I was asking for. There were things that I didn’t understand in how the process worked and she was very easy to speak with and to get things done. I shipped from a previous residence across the country and it took approximately a week. But in the long run, I shouldn’t have contacted AmeriFreight at all and just went directly through the broker. But working with AmeriFreight was a very positive experience and the experience with the carrier was a different thing. There was disinterest in looking to find out how they could answer my questions, which were very basic. On the other hand, AmeriFreight knows what they're doing with the industry. They're the best to answer any questions and help you along the way.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I just bought a vehicle out of state. I went on transport reviews and AmeriFreight was very highly rated. They were able to get a driver available within a fairly close range of what my budget was. They had it set up and had it transported from point A to point B within three days which is pretty good for a 3,000 mile trip. I’ve used transport companies before and I’ve had a couple different companies I’ve used in the past, but this one we got lucky with the driver being as fast as he was because normally they don’t get from Florida to California in three days.

The transport organizer, Samantha, was also very pleasant, professional and helpful. She kept me posted with every step of the way like what was going on and who I can contact for questions in there. Once they secured the driver they had everything set up for me and it was all very straightforward and easy to understand. It was clearly relayed as far as what to expect.

A lot of times, what I found is that the drivers don’t always have English as their primary language. They might speak English as a second language. So sometimes it’s hard to communicate with them. But we were able to get through the language barrier and communicate fine. We didn’t have any hiccups or misunderstandings or delays in contacting one another or getting the heat in the vehicle because of it. So it all went okay.

I had a phone number to contact them if I had any questions. And then they called me the night before they were gonna be able to drop the vehicle off just to make sure that I was gonna be available at that time. I was able to free up my schedule to be there. I felt comfortable with the experience. I was pleasantly surprised that it only took three days to get the vehicle here and it arrived safely. The vehicle arrived in a good shape.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My daughter got a job offer and she was moving from Cary, North Carolina to Santa Clara, California. So, I shipped her car there and I did it through AmeriFreight since they responded rapidly. Maybe I could've gotten a better price from others but for the price I paid AmeriFreight, the service that I received from them was more than fair. My daughter said that the driver communicated well before the drop-off. Then at the drop-off, he was professional. His rig was taken care of and he knew what he was doing. Then, the car was delivered with no worse for wear. The people at AmeriFreight were also professional in coordinating between the transportation company and me, and checked up throughout the process. So, I was really happy.

In the end, I paid a few hundred dollars more than the quote they gave me but it wasn’t outrageous and I didn’t feel like it was a bait-and-switch. The end price was higher but they made something happen within days. They found the driver within two days and he was on time. He got the car out to my daughter really quickly and the communications she got from him were great. The whole transport took eight days and it was a good experience. I’d recommend AmriFreight to a friend.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was separating from the military and I was moving from New York to Cape Coral, Florida. AmeriFreight had the best reviews on any list, and though their free quote was a little off, they explained to me before I even started that there was a very high possibility for that because the quotes that they gave me was for a base model pick-up. The organizer was good and he helped me out. Also, the driver was great. The only issue I had with him was that the truck sat so high, he had to take my antenna off and he decided he was gonna keep it as a souvenir. But it's not a big deal. The truck made it here before I did and in good shape. Overall, it was a neat surprise.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I needed to transfer to California from Florida. I looked through the top 10 auto shipping companies online and AmeriFreight was 4th. I dealt with Ben and he was good and very professional. The carrier drivers were nice as well. They gave me a form and checked the vehicle all around. The experience was almost perfect. But compared with Auto Executive, another company I've dealt with, you tend to spend more with AmeriFreight.

The first one I shipped was a minivan and it cost me $1,700. That was okay with me but it was expensive. I also shipped the 1998 Oldsmobile sedan and it cost me $1,800. AmeriFreight said it would cost $1,400 but with the way their business goes, I was expecting $1,600. Although that's expensive, that was my ballpark. But then they called me and told me, "Oh, here's the shipper who wants to ship your car at this amount." It's based on a yes-or-no kind of deal but I was stuck and in the middle of being pressured. I needed to ship the car as soon as possible. I'll be going to California and nobody's gonna take care of the vehicle when the vehicle gets stuck here.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I called the AmeriFreight hotline to get a quote and the rep emailed me after. The transport organizer was very helpful and the delivery went pretty well. It was a little difficult trying to meet up with the driver to drop off my vehicle. I had to drive out about 20 minutes away from where I was located because the driver said he couldn't get to me because his truck was too big. I understood that. It just took a little bit more time out of my day and it was a little bit of a hassle. But the driver was polite and we did a very thorough inspection.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was moving across the country. I looked online and it seemed like AmeriFreight had a lot of good reviews compared to other companies so I decided to ship my truck through them. But the quote they initially gave was about half the price of what it actually ended up costing. Also I paid for a guaranteed next-day pickup. But the truck didn’t get picked up for five days. And when I called about it they just told me there was nothing they can do. But the transport organizer and carrier driver were good.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We were moving across United States and we had three vehicles so we couldn’t drive them all. AmeriFreight was the first one to get back with a quote to me within 24 hours or less. The transport organizer listened to my needs and heard what I had to say and he called me as soon as he found someone to pick up my husband’s car and drive it out to the destination. He made sure to give me all the information upfront and give me his contact number in case there was a problem. Then he helped me fill up the paperwork online, he let me know who was gonna be picking up the car, gave me the information, and let me know that they’ll be in contact with me. And then if anytime during the process there was an issue, I could give them a call. So, there wasn’t any kind of miscommunication for me feeling like I was left out in the cold and didn’t really know what to do.

The carrier driver was a super nice man. He kept in contact with me because he had other vehicles he had to pick up in the area. And when he was gonna be running late, he had called and I had known well in advance. He arrived a day earlier than expected to drop my husband’s car off. It took only two or three days, which wasn’t long at all. The final cost was a little bit more than what I discussed with the organizer but the fact that I needed it shipped quickly and it was only $150 more, then it was very reasonable. AmeriFreight worked really hard and it was a good experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought a vehicle from a different state and AmeriFreight was one of the companies that called me back as soon as I needed service. They quoted me and everything was fine, and they did what they said they were gonna do. I had the car when it came so I was happy. The guy that dropped it off was very nice, and he told me some stuff that I didn't know about the car, which was in the condition I bought it in.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had sold a car and I needed it transported to the buyer. I googled the nearest transport company towards me and I picked AmeriFreight, which was the one that had the best reviews. There wasn't a lot of communication going back and forth with the transport organizer but everything got done the way that I would like it. I spoke to her, I set everything up and then the car was then picked up. And within 12 hours, everything was complete. The car was in the same condition when it got to the buyer. Also, my quote was higher than what I actually had to pay. So, it came out better. Everything has been good experience and I would definitely recommend AmeriFreight to a friend. They have a good price and they get the job done.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I moved to a different state that was about 2,000 miles far and I decided to go with AmeriFreight to transport my vehicle based on customer feedback that I read on the web. The quote I got was a fair price. I was also satisfied and happy with how Danielle, their customer service representative, helped me. The driver was very friendly and did a good job as well. The vehicle was delivered very quickly and in perfect condition. If I need such a service again in the future, I would definitely go with AmeriFreight.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I’ve worked with AmeriFreight in the past and I used them again when I bought a vehicle. I felt good about the quote they initially gave me but it was over several hundred dollars off at the end. But the transport organizer was good and the carrier driver was really helpful. Initially they kept in touch with the seller of the vehicle and then they kept in touch with me on the receiving end. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I used AmeriFreight before when I moved to California from New Jersey. So when I had to move to Miami for an internship and had to ship my car I used them again. The transport organizer was very responsive. He got everything done for me really quickly. I had a good experience and I would definitely use them again.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My wife was moving from New Mexico to California. We looked at a number of companies and AmeriFreight's reviews were much better than some companies we got quotes from. The quote we got at the time was fine, though I didn't like the number of responses we got as it was overwhelming. But the organizer was very nice. He provided all the facts and let us review it and get back to him. He wasn’t constantly bugging us to see what decision we had made. The driver was very nice as well. He was there exactly at the time that he had promised to pick up. And then before delivery, he called and we knew exactly what time he was gonna get there, and he was there within half an hour of that time. The vehicle was exactly how it was given to him. They did a great job and everything was good. AmeriFreight is trustworthy and I would definitely recommend them.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company expert review by Lauren Fix

As one of the most innovative names in the vehicle shipping industry, AmeriFreight tackled the biggest challenge facing today’s brokers: how to offer the best possible auto transport rates without sacrificing customers service and still providing the best protection.

• Rate calculator: AmeriFreight has a tool on their website that takes all the guess work out of budgeting and there is no requirement to enter any personal information.

• Discounts: Along with their Economy Save Rate, they also offer discounts to members of the active military, first responders, student and seniors.

• Protection: AmeriFrieght's AFta plan covers any damage up to $1000 for major damage, $400 for minor damage detected up to 48 hours after delivery, lost keys, rental car for delayed deliveries and even payment protection for cancellations.

• Best for: Out-of-state movers, car collectors, small business owners and cab companies.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AmeriFreight Company Information