toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to ship my vehicle because of a military change-of-base move. The initial pricing of AmeriFreight was the biggest factor I chose them. Their quote was a little low, and it was because either I did not read everything, but whatever the circumstance was, I did not realize that AmeriFreight puts their business out for bid. So it was a little bit higher from what the quote they gave, but other than that, that's fine. My coordinator was absolutely fantastic and very responsive. I can talk to her even after normal business hours. The carrier driver was very nice. I gave him directions on to his next location and he dropped the car off. The delivery was done in three days, within my expected timeframe.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have shipped four vehicles before but I never used AmeriFreight. But when I bought a vehicle out of state, AmeriFreight called me, said that they got a delivering individual and came back with a quote that I deemed as reasonable, so I took them. They got my vehicle delivered, took it off the trailer, put it in my garage, and I gave them cash. I signed their paper and they gave me a receipt. They didn't speak a lot of English, but that didn't make any difference. I wasn't there to converse with them. As long as I got my car and they got their money that I agreed on, I was happy. Everything went fine.

Our son recently moved to Scottsdale, AZ, from Louisville, KY, for a new job. After researching auto carriers, AmeriFreight stood out as one of the best. Ali ** of Amerifreight spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the process and assuring me that the car would make it safely on the day we needed it to arrive, if not before. It seems like standard procedure for the final part of the transaction to be paid in cash to the driver and that went off without a hitch. Our driver walked around the car with us on pick-up and delivery to mark any dents or scratches on the vehicle before it left Kentucky, as well as note the mileage in case anyone was concerned. (The car was a 2007 so there were a few marks to start but absolutely no change on delivery.) Everyone we dealt with from beginning to end was pleasant, professional and extremely accommodating. I highly recommend AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of AmeriFreight and a friend recommended it because of its quality. The gentleman communicated both through e-mails and phone calls, identifying what my need dates were and what the parameters of the move would entail, because this is the first time I've done this, so I needed education on it. The carrier, due to traffic, was delayed getting to my home, but they maintained constant communication. I live in a rural area, so there are some limits on where the big trucks can pull into, but they got a spot that was within a quarter mile of my house where I met them.

The load-up process and paperwork signing was very smooth and just a matter of minutes. I was kept in touch for what time the delivery date would be and that went extremely smooth, approximately 1 week later, and drop-off was exactly where I needed it to be. They're professional, courteous and responsive. That's why, based on my experience, my daughter is also shipping her car with AmeriFreight, then I’m gonna use them to ship my other vehicle, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a used car dealer. So, I buy the car from the auction and then bring it to my car lot. Although I have a couple of other transportation companies, I used AmeriFreight because they offered a good quote. They scheduled a date and then they keep on time. The whole process took about four days. Overall, I liked their service. They're friendlier than other transportation companies. I'm going to keep using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

If you are looking to transport a car I would highly recommend giving AmeriFreight a call. They are true to their word. This company gave me some much needed peace of mind throughout this process. They were just a phone call away and prompt in getting back to me in a very timely fashion. Very professional. The car arrived safe and sound. Thank you Graham and AmeriFreight for truly great experience.

I was totally surprised how fast everything happened. Within hours of calling AmeriFreight and talking with Lecia **, I received an email from her to contact a carrier. I called on a Monday morning and my vehicle was delivered on Friday, ONE DAY earlier than scheduled. The price was right as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a car dealer and my dealership sells Toyotas. I have to ship cars to different parts of the country. In a bidding situation, it isn't so much as maximum luxury or close-versus-open containers or things like that. It's about the budget and what we have. And Amerifreight has always consistently been the lowest bidder. I'm also comfortable dealing with them. I just call Lecia from Amerifreight by cellphone and tell her what I need, where it's going, and the budget. She's knowledgeable, friendly, gets the job done, and helps when she can.

I've only ever had one problem with Amerifreight and that was when I shipped three cars to California. Two of the transport companies Amerifreight contracted delivered it right at the customer's front door but one company asked my customer to meet him somewhere which was extremely inconvenient for the customer. But that's on the transport company and Amerifreight dropped that company since. Other than that, I had a very good experience with Amerifreight. They are good people to work with.

AmeriFreight

Dawn, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure assisting you with the shipment of your vehicle. Your agent, Graham will gladly assist you with any future auto transport needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

We had a 1-15 day window for pickup of our car. In just a couple hours AmeriFreight found us a driver. They were very accommodating. Excellent communication.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a not-so-good experience with another broker that's supposed to be for the same service as AmeriFreight. I tried to look at the reviews and it seemed like AmeriFreight is one of those that have better reviews. The negatives weren't so much, but unfortunately that negative is what I also experienced. I initially contacted them and they gave me a quote. When they did, I made it clear that this was what I wanted and needed. They told me the price that would be within the time frame of seven days, so I agreed to that and I booked. I did it on a Friday and then after I did that I tried to call my rep. I couldn't get a hold of him so I sent an email. I couldn't get anything from him, so over the weekend, I did not get any update and I wasn't sure what was going on.

Come Monday, I tried calling AmeriFreight again and sent emails, and I wasn't getting any response. Before the end of the day, I called their customer service and tried to talk to somebody else. I was advised that the person who was handling my account wasn't there and would get back to me. The day passed and no one got back to me. Next day, again there's no feedback. I even sent an email where I said, "Let me know if you don't want to provide a service so that I can find another service provider". Eventually, on Wednesday I placed a call and before the end of the day the rep called and said, "We needed your credit card number to start the booking." So I gave it to them and after I did, that's the only time that they said they're gonna put me up on the board. That means the initial quote they said within seven days started on that Wednesday, not when I made my confirmation.

I was asking for feedback and there was nothing. Eventually before that seventh day they gave me a quote, which was $400 more than what they quoted. I just wanted to get it done so I said go ahead and ship it. The trucker and I had better communication than AmeriFreight. I called the trucker and gave them all the instructions, and the trucker even delivered one day ahead of the original schedule. Overall I was hoping that this would be a good experience but it didn't work out that way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the military and was told to go to one place. I went straight to that location and didn't have a way to get my car there so I needed to find somebody to ship it for me. I couldn't drive it myself because I couldn't leave the base. I looked online and found a lot of positive reviews on AmeriFreight. I decided to call them based on those reviews because they sounded trustworthy. The process was surprisingly simple and the rep I worked with made everything really easy. Then the driver called me the day before he arrived and gave me an approximate day and time for the delivery. It was perfect timing and I never was guessing on when my car would arrive. Also, the driver was a great person to talk to. Everything was satisfying.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving and had to ship my vehicle. My fiancee looked on Google and saw the reviews on transport companies. Everything went fine with AmeriFreight. The carrier driver was okay and he made sure everything was good and ready to go. Their staff checked up on me a lot. They made sure that they picked up the car and that the car was going to be there. They did a good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were given a truck by a family member and needed to have it shipped from Arkansas to Washington state. AmeriFreight was really helpful. They kept me informed of what was going on, and they’re pretty smooth. The actual transportation of the vehicle took a week. Overall, it was professional, courteous, quick and easy experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been in an accident on Jan. 13th which ruined my old BMW. So my grandmother, who lives in Cleveland, Texas, was going to give me the car that's been in our family for about 20 years now. I had been looking online for a reliable freighting company to do this because I had never done anything like this before. AmeriFreight was at the top of the list for a lot of different websites and I don't like to do a second rate.

The quote was given to me fairly quickly. My only concern was that the quote was a little bit higher than the original because Cleveland is such a small town and after trying to find a company through AmeriFreight, it was very hard to find someone. But he still kept it within my budget and it was quick and easy. It was a little bit under what I would consider my maximum bid for that would have been, which is great. It's less than I was planning on paying.

I spoke to Graham and a couple of his assistants for various questions. It's a very friendly service and Graham is very prompt. I appreciated how quickly he was able to get back to me on a lot of the questions because the past few months had just been a very stressful time for me and my family. However, the woman that I was talking to who was based in Florida with D&D Auto seemed to be very busy a lot of the time and whenever I would call her to ask about the vehicle, she would answer four out of five times.

My main concern was that my driver spoke very little English so it was very difficult talking to him. I was standing out in the rain waiting for the car to arrive and he kept pushing back the time. I ended up waiting in the rain for about an hour and a half. That part was difficult and I certainly didn't enjoy that. So before you say yes to a quote, do a little research on the company that does it and make sure they know their stuff and, preferably, speaks English. But they were able to get the car to me pretty quickly and I couldn't be happier with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had two vehicles shipped from Cottonwood, Arizona to Pickens, South Carolina through AmeriFreight. We looked online at the ratings and they were highly rated, so I went with them. They gave me an estimate, and they left it on the board for drivers to bid. The price ended up being $400 more than they quoted me, but I had called two other companies and their quote was actually what AmeriFreight ended up being. So, I wasn't really surprised.

Ali was the representative I spoke to and she was in communication with me the whole time. And the driver was spot on as far as time and was actually early to drop the vehicles, so I was really happy with that. He gave a day before and then he gave me an hour out. The communication was outstanding. I had cars transported two times before this, and that experience wasn't even close to being as good as this. If I have to do it again, I would call AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to have my vehicle shipped from Fremont, California to Tampa, Florida due to career change and AmeriFreight got good reviews. I was quoted with $870 but on the final day of shipping, they increased it by $230. The transport organizers were good and the carrier driver was fine. The delivery was done in four days and it was pretty fast. Everything was good except for the price increase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience with AmeriFreight. I googled different companies, called, and ended up speaking with Graham. He told me I didn't have to do the legwork and that he'll do it for me. He asked for my price range and the date. He said he'll find companies and he would call me back with whatever rate and then I could pick the one that I wanted. I decided to go with AmeriFreight because of Graham and because they could pick up the car the day I wanted it picked up.

I also felt good about the quote they gave me. I had shipped my car prior and I was told that during the summertime it was the peak season. I knew better to negotiate since it wasn’t summertime. Graham talked to me about prices, how it worked and what people would do. Everybody, from Graham to the girl who called me to tell me that they’re coming that day and even the guy who picked up my car, were great.

The driver was cool too and he met me at another location and not at my house because there were restrictions on the road due to the kind of truck that he had. We ended up finding the nearest location to me which was only 10 minutes from my house. I had a really smooth transition. I didn’t have to do any legwork and I just had to sign, agree and pay. I called them three days prior to them picking up the car. It took about a full 10 days and everything was completed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving my parents from Connecticut down to South Carolina where I live, so we had their vehicle moved by AmeriFreight. I had about five different quotes and the young lady from AmeriFreight that I first spoke with and all the way through was on top of it and made me feel really comfortable because I've never done anything like that before. The vehicle was picked up when my parents were still there and the car arrived four days later without a problem. The driver called me the day that he was going to pick up the vehicle at my parents’ home, and he called when he was down here in South Carolina to make the delivery to my home. All went well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father is 93 and he's blind. He couldn't drive anymore so he gave me the car. But, I was too busy to go back and get it. I live in California and he had to move to Michigan with my sister. So, we shipped it through AmeriFreight, and It worked out. They were rated very well and they had good feedback from people. The rep I was working with was also personable and it was easy working with her. Some of the companies went offshore with their reps and I couldn't understand some of the people who have a thick accent. I'm older and I'm not that quick. So, that was good. The start was a little slow because of where I lived, it wasn't a regular route or it wasn't a very profitable route. So, we made some arrangements to make it more lucrative for them and I didn't mind. It was in my budget.

The carrier driver was cool. Everything worked out with the delivery but there was a little misunderstanding on my part. So, they worked with me on it because it all happened so quick. I'm waiting thinking it was going to be delivered to my home and then it got delivered a couple of hours away. I live in a mountainous area, so a couple of hours away is reasonable for a semi-truck. They wouldn't even enjoy getting it over through the mountains.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was out in California for about six months with my daughter. She was finishing school so I was babysitting her brand new baby. I brought my car out there so I would have a car. And I came back to Indiana after she finished school. So, I had to have the car shipped back. I had chosen another company initially but they weren’t getting back to me. I went online and looked up the ratings on them and they had really, really bad reports against them. So, I investigated other companies and I cancelled with them. AmeriFreight had good reviews online so I went with them but it took awhile because I was told initially it would be $750 but nobody was picking up my vehicle. They wanted me to take it to LA, which I was willing to do, but the time when I could get there were off, and they were charging me even more to do that. I ended up almost paying $1400 to get it shipped when I was initially quoted $750.

Their reps called me and left messages and then I called them back when they had finally gotten somebody, but I had to keep upping the price to get somebody to go to Bakersfield, and I couldn’t wait any longer. We met the driver here and he was wonderful. They originally told me it would be a few days but it took five days to get it here. But we were fine with them. The car was in great condition and the driver was really nice. They could have been a little bit more upfront with me about the money situation. It was a little disconcerting to me being told that it’s going to be one price and I have to pay more if I want them to pick it up and then ending up taking two or three weeks. Nevertheless, they got my expensive car here unscratched.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were PCSing with the military. And we have had family members use AmeriFreight previously and they shipped three cars through them. So they gave me the contact number for AmeriFreight and we called them directly. The drivers were very courteous, respectful and communicated really well throughout the whole process of transport from the moment of picking the vehicle up to the moment of dropping it off to us. They did a really great job. We would recommend AmeriFreight to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight couldn't find me someone at the price I wanted. They took a long time and I ended up having to pay $200 more to get it. And I was really upset about it because I've been a constant shipper with AmeriFreight. And it's hard because you feel taken advantage of but I also just want my stuff. So, I'm very glad that the lease on my car will be ending next month. And I will no longer be shipping. Graham helped me and he was great but it's not in his control. But I wish that he told me that the car won't be shipped at the price that I initially offered. I took a risk waiting longer but I'm also an experienced shipper so, I knew what he was saying to me on the phone and knew contractually what it meant. And there's no guarantee for anything. But I'd rather cut AmeriFreight out totally and just get the name of the driver who took my car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister recommended AmeriFreight because she used them before. Our start was a bit tricky because they had assigned a guy who was supposed to pick up my car on a Friday and he changed it to Saturday but he was unreachable all day on that day. He finally called at 8:00 at night saying he'd be there Sunday. However, he was again unreachable all day on Sunday. Then on Monday, I said we need to find somebody else and that I'm not waiting around. It seemed very strange and like the guy was not right. But instead of having an enclosed transporter, I ended up having to do an open-air because I needed it in a certain amount of time and they couldn't find anybody else that was enclosed. But my car made it in one piece and the people that ended up taking it were awesome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The transport organizer from AmeriFreight was really cooperative. She was being flexible when we had these windows when we couldn't deliver and couldn't pick up. I filled out something online and then for the first three or four days, we were back and forth with forms to fill out. And then she started looking for someone. But then four days into it, I got called on business, up to Michigan so I told her that I'm not going to be available for a week and that we got to postpone that. When I got back from Michigan, we started again.

Then, she found a driver. And the driver picked the car up here in Cincinnati. We met right off the highway on the street because I know he wouldn't be able to park his rig and that part went well. But he picked it up on a Tuesday and thought he was going to get to Florida on a Thursday, which was fine. By that time, my wife was down there. I didn't think he was going to get it and drive straight down. He only had about half the travel load of the cars and said he was picking up a couple others in Northern Kentucky, right across the river from Cincinnati.

On Friday afternoon, he called us in Florida and said he was there and was gonna drop the car off. We were sitting around but then we never heard back from him. I finally called him Saturday morning and it wasn't until noon that he got it down. I think what happened was he called us and said he was in Vero Beach, which is two hours north of where we were in Palm Beach. But he ended up driving all the way down to Fort Lauderdale, south of us, and then coming back north to Palm Beach and dropping our car off. It didn't really matter to him and we weren't desperate for the car at that point. But it would have been nice if he would have called us.

I was somewhat anxious about purchasing an automobile from out of state and having it transported to my home. When I spoke with staff at AmeriFreight, and especially Graham **, I was encouraged that the transport would be successful. And it was. My Acura MDX arrived on time and in perfect condition. Thanks to AmeriFreight staff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

AmeriFreight had quoted me the lowest price compared to others. It was good but I ended up paying more than the given quote. The transport organizer was okay but I think the communication could have been a little better. Instead of always trying to email me and relying on me to be at the computer, maybe they could pick up the phone and call me. The best part for me was the driver, he got here fast. He got one car here sooner than expected. He kept me informed and gave us a day's notice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm moving across country. AmeriFreight had some decent reviews and they were closest to where I was leaving from. I dropped my vehicle off at their headquarters and they loaded it for me. Everything went good, and I'll probably use them again when I go back across the country in a couple of years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The gentleman from AmeriFreight who handled our transport was a great go-between. He stepped right in and took care of everything when there was a little language barrier between me and the actual driver. So it was worth the extra $250 to have him help out. I would use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a vehicle and was getting it to my residence. AmeriFreight was right on the top tier reviews so that was the reason I chose them. Their price was on the high-end a little bit, but they communicated throughout the process. The driver cleaned the vehicle before they delivered it so that was a good thing. In addition, they were contacting us plenty of time before arrival so it was a smooth process. And they arrived on the estimated time that I was quoted. I had no issues with AmeriFreight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dad had passed and I took over his vehicle. I researched and saw that AmeriFreight had good reviews, so I had it shipped out through them. The initial quote was a little bit lower, but it ended up being about the same with the other companies. It was within the range, but I was hoping for the lower range. The organizer was awesome and the driver kept me in touch with everything that was going on. The pick up came about 12 hours early, and there were no problems.

AmeriFreight Company Profile