2. Mortgages

CashCall Mortgage Reviews

CashCall Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

CashCall is a mortgage company that specializes in online lending. It has competitive loan rates and an easy-to-use website with online payment options for tech-savvy homeowners. Because it works directly with the VA, its mortgage programs are especially ideal for veterans.

BOTTOM LINE

CashCall offers competitive rates for mortgage financing and refinancing. Although its products are limited, its rates seem affordable and transparent. CashCall works directly with the VA, so it’s a good option for veterans.

PROS
  • Competitive rates
  • Easy-to-use website
  • Online payments
CONS
  • Limited packages available
  • Past legal issues

Top CashCall Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashCall Mortgage?

I refinanced 2 properties at the same time with Cashcall in 2016… Cashcall is by far the fastest to get my loans done (like 10 days). There were no costs to me, they even paid for the appraisals. They offered me the best interest rate of any company out there…

Asia was great getting me through the application process and getting me approved. He said Matt the Loan processor will process all the info and get me through closing, and he too was awesome. It was almost like they were at the closing table. Thank you guys, What a great experience.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is CashCall Mortgage?

CashCall Mortgage is an online lender that specializes in mortgage financing with competitive rates and low-interest loans. It’s a solid option for those with good credit looking to refinance their mortgage loans, especially veterans, real estate investors and self-employed borrowers. CashCall provides straightforward appraisal fees and closing costs and provides tools to help borrowers qualify for loans.

How does CashCall Mortgage work?

To apply for a CashCall’s loans or refinancing options, visit its website and click "Apply Now." This will start your online application process and guide you through the information you'll need to apply. You can also call CashCall's number to speak with a representative. The company offers three main loan products:

• Common sense loans: If you've been turned down through banks or other lenders, this could be the right program for you. These loans use alternative ways to document your ability to pay them back, giving you a higher chance of qualification.
    • VA loans: These loans are specifically for service veterans, service members and their spouses. CashCall works directly with the VA to pay a portion of these loans.
    • Safe and secure loans: These are fixed-rate loans with terms of up to 30 years — a good option if a predictable mortgage payment works best for you and your family.

CashCall Mortgage rates

CashCall lists its current mortgage rates on its website, but it’s important to note that mortgage rates tend to change often due to fluctuations in the market. You can visit its website daily or contact one of its loan representatives to learn about current rates. CashCall offers a transparent $995 flat fee for most of its mortgage products.

CashCall Mortgage FAQ

Does CashCall Mortgage refinance loans?
    Yes, CashCall Mortgage does refinance loans.
    Where is CashCall Mortgage available?
    CashCall Mortgage is an online lender available in all 50 states.
    Who owns CashCall Mortgage?
    Impac Mortgage Holdings Inc. owns CashCall Mortgage.
    Can I pay my mortgage on CashCall's website?
    Yes, you can pay your mortgage online by logging in to your account on CashCall's website.

Is CashCall Mortgage legit?

Although CashCall has had some legal trouble in the past, it seems it’s made changes to its company policies to offer competitive mortgage rates. We think CashCall is a good option for those looking to refinance a mortgage loan, especially veterans looking to buy or refinance a home at an affordable rate.

CashCall Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashCall Mortgage?

Original review: March 23, 2021

The loan agent and loan processor were very professional and showed great care and attention to detail. Their customer service skills were second to none, everything was done in a timely manner and the process was smooth. They showed me that they care about my concerns and they were there to answer all my questions. If I call or email them they would respond instantly or within an hour of my call or email. I have all praises for both Ericson ** and Eva, they were awesome and very effective throughout the entire process.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Initially we had a good experience looking into a refinance at 15-years fixed for 2.99% rate, seemed like we'd be saving a lot of money and too good to be true. Suddenly as we got closer to closing the deal, and our documents were supposed to be sent to the underwriter (mind you - we had all of our documents submitted from our end, the ball was in Cashcall's court for 2 weeks), they suddenly started dragging their feet and nit-picking over details of documents. It turns out this was to delay our process as our guaranteed locked-in rate expired, they ignored all of our many phone calls and emails - complete silence on their end for days. Then the day after our locked-in rate expired, they emailed us saying as of that day, cashcall was halting all business for 2 weeks. Unbelievable.

I then looked them up more online and they've actually been involved in class-action lawsuits, overcharging people high-interest rates and with a business model of assuming 40% will default on their loans, as well as illegal dealings where they tried to do business unlicensed in certain states by claiming they were 'tribal-affiliated'. Very shady, very sketchy business, would absolutely not recommend to anyone for mortgage or refinance. Much better to pay a few more dollars in up-front fees than to deal with an illegal company that does not run an honest business. Home Mortgages are the most money you'll spend in your life - you need to be able to trust the people you're dealing with and who you're writing your monthly checks to, and it's 100% you can't trust Cashcall.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I applied for a refi mortgage with Cash Call - Impac Mortgage and was told welcome back, as I had a mortgage with them and still have another one on rental property. Send in all info, got back a closing date and all figures and sign the online papers, then all hell breaks lose. "We need to verified your employment", had already send check stubs taxes and w 2's from the present and past employers [[2 of them]] then no matter what I sent per new request it was not good enough. 5 days. 1100 per week - 6 days 1320, then "we need a breakdown, we need to verify." Mind you checks stubs, taxes and w2's and a letter from each employer. Still "we need to verify", no matter what, still "we need more", then a letter, "No problem with anything on you, but denial, because fha loan no longer available. This after over 2 mos of ** from them. Yet their web page is still offering even lower interest loan from the fha,

Original review: March 31, 2020

I locked in at 2.99% for a 15 year loan. We had 30 days to close - but we could never get ahold of anyone. Finally, the day after our term expired (without progress) we were told that the market liquidity would not support this loan. We have excellent credit and were just refinancing to save some money. Carlos **, who responded conveniently one day after our term expired, said that an act of God prohibited CashCall from contacting us during the 30 day process. This is beyond ridiculous. Now rates have jumped. Never use these guys!

Original review: March 13, 2020

Easiest refinance ever, no points, no fees, no surprises at the end either. This was all done in three weeks, including appraisal, bank statements, proof of income, and of course a credit check. The customer service was excellent, in fact I have never dealt with a mortgage company this organized and truly cared about our interests regarding the loan. We went with a 15yr. fixed at 2.75%, saving us thousands! Want a great loan? Go with Cash Call!

Original review: March 1, 2020

My loan with Cashcall Loancare was a nightmare. When you call their 800 numbers to get assistance regarding your loan, it cycles 7-times with options making it difficult to speak to a live person and finally when you reach the department you need to speak to, you receive a prerecorded message advising of what you already know. The worst part is you will never get assistance on the same day a supervisor will call you back within 24-48 hours, and will not offer assistance. Second, Loancare missed paying my property taxes last year I discovered when I was refinancing the loan. Loancare never called to apologize and did not give me an explanation as to why they did not pay it from my escrow account. Third, the customer service agents cannot assist you with questions, or the info they provide is not factual.

Fourth, I refinanced the home loan to my credit union when rates dropped and Loancare sold my loan to Mr. Cooper somewhere in Texas after my loan was paid off ZERO and recorded my property as Loancare on the deed when my credit union had already recorded. Fifth, Loancare said they mailed out my escrow refund on December 10, 2019, and claimed several times it was mailed so after never receiving it I complained. They asked me to wait 15-days to see if someone would cash it, and the refund never arrived so they stopped payment on the check in January 2020. On February 6, 2020, I received the escrow refund STOP PAYMENT CHECK Loancare claimed they mailed out December 10, 2019 with a USPS postmark of January 30, 2020.

If this isn't an awful mortgage company/servicer I don't know which company can beat their mistakes and bad customer service. Oh, I forgot to mention, they unlawfully have used my credit report to add the loan which was paid off back on my credit reports, which I had to dispute last week with the Consumer Financial Protection Agency.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Refinancing my house recently I had an great experience with the loan officer Antone **. As most people recognize this is generally can be a tedious process but I was truly impressed with the honesty and efficiency which really took less than 3 weeks to close. This is not the standard in the industry. Within the first 30 minutes of the qualifying process I had a good feeling about terms, pricing and duration. Kudos my friend you will be hearing from me shortly about my renal! Job Well Done!

Ed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been trying to get an escrow account since August. I've provided everything they need multiple times. They always say it will be set up by a certain date and it never gets done! I call every single day and no one ever gives me the right information! Beyond frustrated! I'm going to write this review on every board I can find! If you want to get the runaround, have no one know what they are talking about, have terrible service and have to call every day and have nothing happen, get a mortgage with CashCall!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have my mortgage payment, property tax and insurance impounded in escrow account. I have been trying to cancel it for the last two years and keep getting the runaround. I would not recommend this company for your home loan.

CashCall Mortgage Company Information