CashCall Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

STAY AWAY!!! In mid September 2016 I started the refinance process with them. After nearly a three week underwriting period, I was told I would be better off in an FHA program. I agreed to the change. Then it went silent on their end. I emailed and called and tried to get some status on my loan throughout October 2016 and into November 2016. In early November, I changed jobs and had a slight reduction in salary. By mid-November 2016, Cashcall finally found my paperwork and got started on my loan again. After a four week process, they finally told me that they could not complete my loan because of the decrease in my salary. HAD THEY COMPLETED MY LOAN IN OCTOBER, THERE WOULD BE NO ISSUE. I suffered because one of their workers left the company. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I refinanced 2 properties at the same time with Cashcall in 2016. I have bought and sold property many times. Cashcall is by far the fastest to get my loans done (like 10 days). There were no costs to me, they even paid for the appraisals. They offered me the best interest rate of any company out there. Of course as with any loan if you have a low FICO score and a bunch of late payments on your credit you are a big risk and will be treated like one. But if you have your act together this is a great company.

Although personnel is very professional and respectful, they lack in detail and accuracy. Two attempts to refinance in two months, three different notary appointments for inaccurate documents. Only to find out day before funding that they made a mistake and underwriters would not approve. Waste of time and energy.

We refinanced our home with CashCall based on their advertising. Is it easy? Sort of. As to the overall experience, the loan went through 2 attempts because of slow performance on their end. The appraisal was the worse part. Not only is the appraisal inaccurate, although we still had a great value to loan ratio, but the appraiser has created a situation that may result in us being sued. He was looking at our income property and walked in on a tenant while they were in the shower without so much as a knock on the door. We requested a number of times an apology letter and to date, have received none. We will let the appraiser be sued and testify against him. Would not use this firm again.

My name is Oliva **. My husband and I are expecting to incurred additional expenditures in December, so we paid our mortgage bill in two equal installment - one was on November 27, 2015 in the amount of $1,400.00, and another one was on December 10, 2015. I personally called the company on various occasions to inform them that those two payments should be applied to our December loan payments, which is prior to December 15, 2015 to avoid late fees. They did not process the payments as I instructed them to do. So now CashCall wanted me to pay them $1,400 plus a late fee. Their loan care specialist by the name of Tamika is even rude, and so is their supervisor by the name of Phyllis ** who supposed to help customers. Their services really is bad and I don't recommend them to future readers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashCall Mortgage?

We are pulling money out of our house, which we own outright, so no mortgage. We having been dealing with a gentlemen name Derrick and another person, Inga who is the loan processor. We leave messages and emails, we get no call backs for days and then when we do, they have no news for us. Cashcall has no customer service at all. The reason we went with them is because in 2012, we refinance one of our other houses. The process went so smoothly and quickly. This process has been a nightmare and apparently, the people we are dealing with have zero customer service. Inga hung up on my husband for no apparent reason. She didn't have any answers for him and hung up. He did call back and filed a complaint; have no idea if it went anywhere.

We are still waiting to hear from these people, its been 3 days now. Will we ever use Cashcall again or refer them to others which we have in the past? Not looking very good right now. I'm thinking we should have gone with Quicken Loans who originally wanted to do our loan. We just thought with the history we previously had with Cashcall, we would stay with them. I'm regretting it big time. We should have closed Monday and funded on Thursday. Apparently they only fund on Thursday, we are told. Is that true? Who knows.

I have a loan with Western Sky's (Delbert services). I have been advised to stop paying them and I have filed all the correct legal paperwork for them to validate the loan and licensing in the state I reside, which they can not do because it is an illegal loan. However, by law they are allowed the 120 days to respond. Today I applied for a mortgage. My score was 646 months ago. It should've continued to rise; however, due to this particular loan reporting 60 days late on my credit has dropped my score tremendously. My score is now below the minimum needed for a mortgage! How can I have this loan removed from my credit report all with the negative report? Any help please!

I had worked with CashCall up to the point they told me my debt-to-income was too high to do a 15-year loan. At that point I decided to go somewhere else. A week later they called and told me they could do a 15 year, but the rates had changed, so it would be a slightly higher rate with no out-of-pocket costs. I agreed to move forward. A month into the process I received a phone call from a signing company telling me they'd be at my house in one hour. I was never notified we were ready to do the final signing, found the final loan docs in my email from 2 hours earlier and had some questions since the numbers were different than what I had expected. It took a week and a call to a supervisor to get a call back.

By this time, I was told I lost my rate once again and it was going to cost me $1500 and a rate increase of 0.1% if I wanted to move forward. At this point I cancelled my loan process with them (sticking them with the Home Appraisal of $400) and found someone who could offer me a better deal (RoundPoint Mortgage). Cash Call Final Offer = 15 year; 4.25%, $1500 closing fees, Round Point Final Offer = 15 year, 3.875%, $1400 closing fees. Thanks CashCall for making the process so horrible I ended up finding a better deal.

Recently we used CashCall for our home mortgage account. It has been a nightmare. From agents not returning calls, incorrect document completion, to providing incorrect info, we are frustrated and angry. We thought once we muddled through the home buying process we would be okay. Until a recent paperwork screw up left us with less than 2 weeks to come up with $1200 for homeowner's insurance. We had a conference call with CashCall and our homeowner's insurance confirming CashCall would pay our premium out of our escrow account and we would pay CashCall the amount owed to our escrow account.

We received a letter in the mail from CashCall 2 days before this payment was due stating something completely different. After contacting CashCall, in a frantic state, they admitted they provided us incorrect information and basically told us we're screwed and to figure it out. Their disregard and lack of accountability is beyond disappointing. It should be against the law. They even had notes on our account that they made this payment arrangement with our insurance and us. They have a responsibility to relay accurate laws, rules, and regulations to their consumers. Shame on them and I will warn everyone of their questionable practices and services.

I should have known there were problems with CashCall's business practices when the first Mortgage Loan Originator, Andrew, failed to call me back about a possible consolidation of debt and refinance at a lower rate backed by our home. Eventually, a customer service representative called me back and put me into contact with Barrett **, Mortgage Loan Originator, CashCall, Inc. After a number of phone calls and e-mails with Mr. **, he assured me that we were pre-approved and all he needed was documentation to show what we had discussed verbally. I then gave him our social security numbers to run our credit, and provided him with considerable private financial documentation. The result was, he did not ask all of the applicable questions, and we were not approved. Additionally, when I was discussing this with the processor that he handed me off to, Rahim **, he said the reason it was not approved was because I did not disclose necessary information.

This simply was not true. I put faith in a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator, explained our story and asked what information he needed to know. How was I to know what was applicable, if he didn't ask himself? And finally, in the end, Mr. Barrett ** made it personal by laughing at me for even thinking we'd be approved, and making unprofessional comments about my husband and our business. In summary, the issues with CashCall and more specifically with Mr. ** are this: process of pre-approval is flawed; assumptions made on information provided to them was negligent at the very least, or simply incompetent, that he didn't know what would matter until talking to Mr. Rahim **; expectation of our full disclosure of financial should have occurred prior to running our credit. Now we are materially affected by running our credit reports.

He was rude, unprofessional and made it personal. Deceptive business practice exposed - we are an organization that is licensed and regulated who prey on the public for financial gain.

We had originally signed up with CashCall Mortgage in March 2013. The rate was 2.87% at the time. Due to the non-professional loan officer, Lori **, she let us slip through the cracks and not only that, lost and asked again and again for forms that had already been sent to her. We were looking to refinance 3 properties. This is a stressful process as you may know. At one point I called to cancel all 3. Marco ** was the one we originally signed on with. I called him to STOP the process after being asked for a 44-page fax (that had already been sent) to be resent. I had had enough. After explaining to him my aggravation he was able to somewhat sift through what was needed and we were so close that I decided to hang in there but to only do 2 properties as they hadn't even started on the 3rd. The rates went up during this time so they cost us thousands of dollars over the next several years. Even after the loans were signed off and funded and our refunds back to us they are still calling, wanting documents that they should have already had. This company is a joke. I will never deal with them again and would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Stay as far away from these loan sharks as possible. Like many people, I was lured in by the radio commercials for a company called Western Sky offering emergency loans with easy and fast approval. After getting approved for a $850 loan, suddenly the loan was taken over by this company Cashcall. I have been paying $150 a month since January and my balance is currently $882. Instead of my balance going down, it has gone up with regular on-time payments... The interest rates are absolutely outrageous and they will hit you with random fees all the time.

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY. I rather go behind on my rent than be in debt to these predators that will call you 30 times a day if you make any late payments. Companies like this should be illegal, and to think that they offer mortgages is mind boggling. Luckily, I have come up with the full payoff amount and I won't have to deal with these degenerate idiots anymore. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY AND DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING A LOAN WITH THEM!

I was processing a refinance with Cash Call (I had done a loan with them before). On the day the loan was due to fund, I was told they needed more information. This was after being asked over and over again for information already provided. I was told by the assistant, Tania, I believe, that without the information the loan wouldn't close. I said fine. I had had enough of jumping through the hoops to do a loan that they called me to initiate! A month later, my mortgage payment didn't come out of my existing loan... I called and found the loan had been pushed through anyway. Now I see that they recorded my account number incorrectly and charged me a late fee when they couldn't process my payment! What a group of unprofessional, inept employees. I would never do business with Derek and his group of commission pushers again!

I was contacted by CashCall on April 30, 2013 and offered a reduced rate on our first mortgage. I subsequently asked them to also refinance a first mortgage and a HELOC on a rental property we own. I then provided CashCall with every document they requested, usually, the same day or within 24 hours. I was then told that both new loans were approved subject to a few additional conditions which I again met within 24 hours. A loan signing for one of the two loans was scheduled for May 18. However, when the notary showed up, the loan documents called for a loan of $350,000 despite the fact that I had asked for a loan of $340,000. We then rescheduled a closing on May 25 and this time the loan amount was correct.

On May 31, I was contacted by phone and told I needed to wire $3,700 to Lenders Choice Escrow or I might lose the 4.0% rate. However, the request to wire phones was after the fed wire had closed for the day so I offered a cashier's check instead. I was then told that the rate could be extended and the loan would close the following week. At the request of CashCall, I wired Lenders Choice $470 as this was now the amount of cash they needed. Needless to say, my loan has not closed and I have been offered no explanation as to why. And the other loan that did not close will most likely never close.

I am a former banker (now retired) and know enough about banking and brokers to recognize that I made a mistake when I agreed to work with CashCall. I am about to cut my losses and I am sharing my recent experience with CashCall as a warning to others who may be tempted to work with CashCall.

Cashcall did not have the ability to process a correct HUD after failing 3 times. I finally gave up on them when the 3rd HUD came back still stating that they owed me $200k instead of vice versa. No one at Cashcall was able to solve the problem. After 3 months, they said I would have to start over and resubmit paperwork because so much time had passed. I told them to go fly a kite, because they were still not able to deliver a correct HUD and I had already lost 3 months' time - not to mention that interest rates are now higher. Horrible company.

There was nothing special about my refinance. It was for $200k, 30-year fixed loan, straight forward. I was approved in January, but HUD came back full of errors 3 times. They said they did not have the ability to call their HUD vendor and that they had emailed several times with no response. They also said that there were hundreds of others in my same situation. Then to top it off, I told them that maybe I should look to another mortgage company, since they were unable to process a correct HUD and the salesperson named James ** said, "Maybe that's not such a bad idea." What? Who says that to their customer? Craziness. Stay away from Cashcall. Luckily, I paid no money upfront but I did waste 3 months!

Cashcall is the worst mortgage lending company I have ever dealt with. I have refinanced my house several times as the mortgage rates kept falling and this time, I tried Cashcall to save on closing cost. The mortgage rate they offered me was identical to other lenders, but they did not charge for the closing cost and that was the only reason I decided to go with Cashcall. Now looking back the amount of time I spent with this company and amount of emails and phone calls I made to this company, I don't think it was worth the savings as I still have not closed on my mortgage and they are in possession of my cashier's check for other costs. I probably have spent 25% of my savings buying Tylenol for all the headache dealing with this company. They have the worst customer service than any other company I have ever dealt with regardless of the nature of the company.

Their customer service is the worst at all levels from the initial call from the agent to the loan processor, managers and everyone else involved in this process. I risk losing my cashier's check due to this review, but I am so angry with them and don't want someone else to go through the same experience I am going through that I decided to write this review. The saving is not worth it and I wish I had checked this site before I got engaged with this company. Well, live and learn, but I am cancelling my application with this company with a hope of getting my money back. Be aware! This company is the worst I have ever dealt with and their customer service lives up to its reputation of being the worst in its industry.

After refinancing with Cashcall, my mortgage is being serviced by Cashcall. My first payment was due on November 1, 2012. On October 9, 2012, I set up an automatic payment. Cashcall indicated that I have successfully submitted my request. On Nov. 5, 2012, I received an email from CashCall that the mortgage payment has been processed. On Nov. 8, 2012, I received an email indicating that they couldn't locate my account and they charged $25 extra. Even though the automatic payment was set up about a month in advance and Cashcall indicated that information was submitted successfully, apparently there was an error (extra digit) in the account info. This was then corrected on Nov. 9th, but Cashcall wouldn't process the automatic payment until December.

Therefore I had to make a one-time payment for November and pay an additional $7.50. Even though Cash Call indicated that the payment was processed successfully, the funds still have not been processed through my bank. My bank says there have been no attempts from Cashcall to withdraw funds from my account to date. Cashcall is not able to confirm that the bank info they have is correct even though the one-time payment was processed 4 days ago. Customer reps and supervisors are not helpful to resolve the problem or issue a credit for the extra fees charged.

Cashcall reneged on mortgage after loan docs were signed. I applied for a $372k purchase money home mortgage with Cashcall. My loan was approved and loan documents were signed on 10-20-12. My escrow to purchase the house was to expire on 10-30-12. On the day before the close of escrow, they reneged on funding the loan, even after I signed loan docs. I got an e-mail from them saying they wanted to start all over and renegotiate the loan terms. I had to close escrow without a loan by using all of my cash that I had saved for retirement. I am now weighing whether to take legal action.

Never ever will I do business with Cashcall! We requested them to refinance our mortgage during September 2012 and submitted everything that they needed. Escrow was signed three weeks later and money was wired to their escrow company. A week later, they called and said my loan was not approved and needed more money from me. They even offered me a new lower rate. We signed another escrow two weeks later and sent in more money to their escrow company. It's been a week and my loan is still not funded. They kept me waiting and never returned phone call. This company is absolutely unprofessional and irresponsible. Representatives are rude and not knowledgeable. I'm contacting my lawyer to bring a lawsuit against them.

I was refinancing my home with Cashcall. Everything was moving along normally. I was told that my loan would be funded the next day. I was told I needed to send them a cashier's check to cover impounds costs and insurance but would get returned to me. I got the cashier's check and FedEx'd it over to my agent. On the day my loan was supposed to have closed, she told me that she forgot to tell me that Cashcall (lender) has an issue with my homeowner's insurance. They wanted me to change my insurance to about $200,000 more to appease them. I spoke with my insurance agent who advised me that they can't mandate I change my insurance to suit them. In fact, she advised that it's illegal for them to demand I change my insurance. I called Cashcall back and advised her that it was illegal to ask me to up my insurance like she had said. She told me that if I want to refi my home, I have to change my insurance. It is not a choice.

I was advised by Cashcall not to pay my mortgage since the loan was funding. Therefore, I did not pay. However, the money I sent them covered the amount for my mortgage. So now, I don't have my refi or my money. I had to basically blow up their phone to get them to get me my money back now, so I could pay my mortgage before I have a late fee. I cancelled my refi as I don't deal with people who cheat me or others out of their money. I recommend if you plan to use them, make your insurance the first question you ask so that they can't screw you like I was.

Inadvertently, I paid the wrong amount for my mortgage payment (off by $200). Cash Call sent me an email stating the check would be returned. I immediately called customer service and was told to avoid late charges, they would need to be sent the correct amount by the 17th of the month. I clarified with customer service the check would be returned as opposed to being cashed, at which point I would have sent only the difference of missing payment. Cash Call deposited the erroneous payment and refunded the incorrect amount to me a week later. Had I known they were going to deposit and hold the wrong amount, I would have either sent in only the $200 difference or transferred funds from my savings to cover both amounts from the payments. They illegally held both mortgage payments (the incorrect one and the additional one I made) for a few days and lied to me about it both verbally and in an email. As a result, I was charged bank fees and overages. When I called to voice my complaints with them, no one can help me. I'm transferred into voicemails with callbacks and no one can provide me with corporate information, such as mailing addresses, names, etc. I expected more professionalism and honesty from my mortgage holder.

Refinance - Cashcall promised me a lot on the phone and delayed me so I could not cancel my loan. Then, they offered me to pay $3,060 over my 15-year mortgage. Then, I got a call from Cashcall saying they lied and they are not going to pay anything. They just stopped answering my calls. A bunch of crooks and liars.

Refinance - CashCall promised me a lot on the phone and delayed me so I could not cancel my loan. Then, they offered me to pay $3,060 over my 15 year mortgage. Then, I got a call from CashCall saying they lied and they are not going to pay anything. They just stopped answering my calls. A bunch of crooks and liars.

Wow! Where do I begin to convey my absolute dissatisfaction with CCM? It was like dealing with total "deadhead" individuals that were totally incompetent. I started the process back on April 14th and finally closed on June 26th. Yes, I finally closed, but the total and incomprehensible lack of communication is what drives me crazy. Also, the repeated request for information that was already and previously submitted was so frustrating. Example: Form 4506-T is a request for three (3) previous years of earnings information that is sent to the IRS. I was told, "Jerry, can you please give me any one page of your most recent tax filing that shows your name and social and address? I have requested the information six (6) times and the IRS keeps sending the form back to me as unidentifiable."

Now keep in mind that I already had sent my tax information twice earlier back in April. I guess they lost my tax returns twice and why did it take six (6) rejections before contacting me for another page from my tax return? Total **! This is just one tiny example of the repeated deadhead, incompetent, lazy and stupid individuals that I had the misfortune to have working on the refinance. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky persons to get someone competent, I was not that lucky. Just beware of what can happen with Cashcall Mortgage!

After submitting all documentation that was requested, I was given escrow instructions which were signed and notarized and was told my loan would fund in 3 days after the cancellation period had passed. Five days later, I received an email asking for additional documentation most of which had been supplied weeks before or doesn't exist or could have been asked for earlier. The impact has been that I have now incurred late fees, credit card fees and probably, most importantly my credit in all likelihood has been impacted. It appears that Cash Call Mortgage is a bucket shop operation with marginal ability to perform.

I started with Cashcall like two weeks ago. I had been told my house's value went down, which I didn't believe. They sent an appraiser, Steve came to my house. I told him I just made a few phone calls to my realtor and others. In my building, if the location is inside the building doesn't have a view, the price is $270K. I bought it for $370K 7 years ago and paid more money than the other inside unit because my unit is a corner unit, has view, an open area in the front of my unit's windows, 5 minutes to run to Whole Food and the lake, 2 minutes drive to freeway, 10 minutes to go to BART, 20 minutes to Chinatown or 15 minutes to the bank and shopping place.

After the appraiser left, the next day, a processor lady called me and was trying to push me to sign all papers. She said that way can speed up the process. I told her I will wait for my appraisal result to come out, I am not in a hurry. Luckily, I didn't sign any paper with them. A week later, my appraisal came out as $225K and the lady told me I have to pay $13K to get a second plan FHA which I have to pay mortgage insurance for 5 years. It shot me, what? I asked the lady why and she said because somewhere around my house area, same square feet sold that price. If it's like this, they don't need to send an appraiser to come to waste my time. Just follow the lower price in my neighborhood, we don't need both to pay an appraiser. I can tell the appraiser is already on their side. They are foxy, tricky and play drama on their customer. My advise is to be careful with them.

I was told that my request for the special advertisement on the radio wouldn't apply to me, because I did not need to borrow enough money or have a high enough mortgage. It's not worth their time or effort. My credit is excellent and I met all their qualifications. I feel this is false advertising. They did not pursue my request for refinance at the 8.85 rate quoted on the radio.

I recently did a mortgage with Cashcall mortgage which all went ok. About month after the loan closed, I had an Identity theft issue where someone had my SSN and driver's license info. They attempted to open several accounts and were able to get one opened. $560 was charged fraudulently. The address that was used on the fraudulent applications was my property address which I've only ever provided for the purpose of doing a mortgage. There's no concrete evidence that Cashcall allowed my personal evidence to be compromised, but use of the property address and several other bits of circumstantial evidence lead directly to them.

We are yet another victim of CashCall. It is our fault for taking a loan with them to begin with but they are the poster company for predatory lending. I have read letter after letter from consumers with horror stories about them. Ours is similar. They harass you, call you all hours of the day and charge exorbitant interest rates which I cannot believe is legal. The FTC needs to investigate their business practices. In these economic times, people are already under undue stress and this company refuses to work out any arrangement that is affordable. My hours at work have been cut, we have had undue medical expenses and unanticipated legal bills for our youngest son. Can't something be done about them? The predatory mortgage lenders have been taken to task. Why can't this company. There are a lot of consumers who need help...now.

In June 2006, I was behind on my mortgage so I contacted CashCall for a loan of $2500. I was told I was approved for $5000 and that was what the loan was made for. They would take the payments out of my bank account directly in the amount of $251.31. I have been paying for 2.5 years and have paid $7500 so far and it turns out that I still owe almost the entire $5000. This is a scam and a rip off! I was unable to make the January 2009 payment and they called my work and my home at least 5 to 6 times a day. I do not make as much money; I lost my house, my daughter is sick and there is nothing I can do. But they will not leave me alone. I don't see how this can be legal and I wonder if it really is. This seems like loan sharking to me.

CashCall Mortgage Company Profile