2. Mortgages

CashCall Mortgage Reviews

CashCall Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

CashCall Mortgage Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

Easiest refinance ever, no points, no fees, no surprises at the end either. This was all done in three weeks, including appraisal, bank statements, proof of income, and of course a credit check. The customer service was excellent, in fact I have never dealt with a mortgage company this organized and truly cared about our interests regarding the loan. We went with a 15yr. fixed at 2.75%, saving us thousands! Want a great loan? Go with Cash Call!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Refinancing my house recently I had an great experience with the loan officer Antone **. As most people recognize this is generally can be a tedious process but I was truly impressed with the honesty and efficiency which really took less than 3 weeks to close. This is not the standard in the industry. Within the first 30 minutes of the qualifying process I had a good feeling about terms, pricing and duration. Kudos my friend you will be hearing from me shortly about my renal! Job Well Done!

Ed.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Asia was great getting me through the application process and getting me approved. He said Matt the Loan processor will process all the info and get me through closing, and he too was awesome. It was almost like they were at the closing table. Thank you guys, What a great experience.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Initially we had a good experience looking into a refinance at 15-years fixed for 2.99% rate, seemed like we'd be saving a lot of money and too good to be true. Suddenly as we got closer to closing the deal, and our documents were supposed to be sent to the underwriter (mind you - we had all of our documents submitted from our end, the ball was in Cashcall's court for 2 weeks), they suddenly started dragging their feet and nit-picking over details of documents. It turns out this was to delay our process as our guaranteed locked-in rate expired, they ignored all of our many phone calls and emails - complete silence on their end for days. Then the day after our locked-in rate expired, they emailed us saying as of that day, cashcall was halting all business for 2 weeks. Unbelievable.

I then looked them up more online and they've actually been involved in class-action lawsuits, overcharging people high-interest rates and with a business model of assuming 40% will default on their loans, as well as illegal dealings where they tried to do business unlicensed in certain states by claiming they were 'tribal-affiliated'. Very shady, very sketchy business, would absolutely not recommend to anyone for mortgage or refinance. Much better to pay a few more dollars in up-front fees than to deal with an illegal company that does not run an honest business. Home Mortgages are the most money you'll spend in your life - you need to be able to trust the people you're dealing with and who you're writing your monthly checks to, and it's 100% you can't trust Cashcall.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I applied for a refi mortgage with Cash Call - Impac Mortgage and was told welcome back, as I had a mortgage with them and still have another one on rental property. Send in all info, got back a closing date and all figures and sign the online papers, then all hell breaks lose. "We need to verified your employment", had already send check stubs taxes and w 2's from the present and past employers [[2 of them]] then no matter what I sent per new request it was not good enough. 5 days. 1100 per week - 6 days 1320, then "we need a breakdown, we need to verify." Mind you checks stubs, taxes and w2's and a letter from each employer. Still "we need to verify", no matter what, still "we need more", then a letter, "No problem with anything on you, but denial, because fha loan no longer available. This after over 2 mos of ** from them. Yet their web page is still offering even lower interest loan from the fha,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CashCall Mortgage?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I locked in at 2.99% for a 15 year loan. We had 30 days to close - but we could never get ahold of anyone. Finally, the day after our term expired (without progress) we were told that the market liquidity would not support this loan. We have excellent credit and were just refinancing to save some money. Carlos **, who responded conveniently one day after our term expired, said that an act of God prohibited CashCall from contacting us during the 30 day process. This is beyond ridiculous. Now rates have jumped. Never use these guys!

Original review: March 1, 2020

My loan with Cashcall Loancare was a nightmare. When you call their 800 numbers to get assistance regarding your loan, it cycles 7-times with options making it difficult to speak to a live person and finally when you reach the department you need to speak to, you receive a prerecorded message advising of what you already know. The worst part is you will never get assistance on the same day a supervisor will call you back within 24-48 hours, and will not offer assistance. Second, Loancare missed paying my property taxes last year I discovered when I was refinancing the loan. Loancare never called to apologize and did not give me an explanation as to why they did not pay it from my escrow account. Third, the customer service agents cannot assist you with questions, or the info they provide is not factual.

Fourth, I refinanced the home loan to my credit union when rates dropped and Loancare sold my loan to Mr. Cooper somewhere in Texas after my loan was paid off ZERO and recorded my property as Loancare on the deed when my credit union had already recorded. Fifth, Loancare said they mailed out my escrow refund on December 10, 2019, and claimed several times it was mailed so after never receiving it I complained. They asked me to wait 15-days to see if someone would cash it, and the refund never arrived so they stopped payment on the check in January 2020. On February 6, 2020, I received the escrow refund STOP PAYMENT CHECK Loancare claimed they mailed out December 10, 2019 with a USPS postmark of January 30, 2020.

If this isn't an awful mortgage company/servicer I don't know which company can beat their mistakes and bad customer service. Oh, I forgot to mention, they unlawfully have used my credit report to add the loan which was paid off back on my credit reports, which I had to dispute last week with the Consumer Financial Protection Agency.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been trying to get an escrow account since August. I've provided everything they need multiple times. They always say it will be set up by a certain date and it never gets done! I call every single day and no one ever gives me the right information! Beyond frustrated! I'm going to write this review on every board I can find! If you want to get the runaround, have no one know what they are talking about, have terrible service and have to call every day and have nothing happen, get a mortgage with CashCall!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have my mortgage payment, property tax and insurance impounded in escrow account. I have been trying to cancel it for the last two years and keep getting the runaround. I would not recommend this company for your home loan.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been trying to take care of making a payment of $81.27 for nearly an hour right now. In 11 minutes, the CashCall office will close and I will presumably be hit with a late fee. I waited this long to pay this amount because I already attempted to pay it with online banking on August 10 (It’s now 8/16). According to my bank the payment cleared my account on August 13. For some unknown reason the company says I still haven't made the payment.

To be clear, this has occurred because I didn't realize that my monthly payment had been increased by the 81 dollars because of a “shortage in my escrow account”. After receiving a phone message on 8/10 that I needed to contact CashCall, I called customer service immediately and was informed about the increase. As soon as I got off the phone, I entered the payment into my online banking and assumed everything was taken care of. On the 13th I received another phone message and figured the payment just hadn't been processed because I could see that it had cleared my bank account.

This morning (8/16, the last day to make the payment without a late charge) I called hoping to make the payment using my debit card only to be told I can only make the payment using my bank account number. I left work early to ensure I had time to make the payment before the 10:00 PM Eastern cutoff using my bank account number. I first tried to make the payment using a live representative. After waiting on hold for over 25 minutes, I decided to make the payment using the automated service. After following its instructions perfectly three times, I was told each time that I'd made an invalid entry (even though I was reading the numbers directly from the bottom of my check exactly as instructed) and the service hung up on me.

It is now 7:00 PM Pacific time, so I have now been on hold AGAIN trying to talk to a representative for 27 minutes and have presumably missed the 10:00 PM EDT cutoff. This is one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I've made every payment early since the funding of my loan and now I'm going to have a late payment on my history because of this ** company providing the worst customer service of any organization I've ever dealt with. Word of advice; DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SLEEZY COMPANY!!!

CashCall Mortgage Company Information