2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.12/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

BOTTOM LINE

PHH helps home buyers navigate the homebuying process and offers a variety of loan options for first-time homebuyers, seasoned homebuyers and investors

PROS

• Offers home loans and refinancing
  • 24/7 online account access
  • Competitive rates

CONS

• Does not offer HELOC programs
  • Mixed reviews for customer service

Top PHH Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

I have a home loan that is with PHH. I was recently impressed by their friendly and helpful staff. They helped me delay my payments, but this isn’t the only time they have exceeded my expectations. I have had nothing, but positive interactions with PHH.

The PHH rep who was providing assistance went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve my paperwork, even though my account had been closed and transferred to a third-party. He ensured that I had the information and waited until I got the email information. Great service!

What is PHH Mortgage?

PHH Mortgage offers a variety of services for homebuyers and business owners. PHH Mortgage focuses on helping people buy homes or investment properties. It has flexible financing options and loan terms, and the company provides resources to help buyers make informed and confident decisions. PHH Mortgage also offers business services, including subservicing, partner portfolio management and investor services.

PHH Homebuying

The PHH Mortgage team walks homebuyers through every step of the homebuying process. Its representatives help customers determine how much they can afford, discuss down payment options and closing costs, set monthly payments and navigate additional expenses like insurance and utilities.

First-time homebuyers
PHH Mortgage offers first-time homebuyers the support and resources they need to navigate the homebuying process. This includes walking you through the preapproval process, exploring your options for loan terms and joining you for the home inspection process. Its representatives help first-time homebuyers through the closing process and answer all questions until you have the keys to your new home.
Next homes
If you’ve purchased a home before, PHH can help you finance your next home if you’re looking to downsize or upgrade. The company can help repeat homebuyers choose the best mortgage and decide between fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate loans.
Vacation homes
Buying a second home or vacation property is similar to buying a primary residence, but PHH helps you understand taxes, equity and rental potential for a second home. It offers a vacation homebuying checklist so you can make a vacation home purchase with confidence.
Investment properties
PHH Mortgage helps new investors enter the property investment market and seasoned investors fine-tune their strategies. Talk to the company’s mortgage experts about loan options for investment properties.

PHH Refinancing

Refinancing can be a smart way to reduce your interest rates, shorten payment periods or lower monthly payments. Whether you need to take cash out or change your loan options, PHH makes it easy to understand your options and save money in the process.

PHH Home Insurance

Buying a home means buying insurance — this can be a confusing process, especially for first-time homeowners. PHH offers a wide range of insurance products, including flood, accidental death and homeowners insurance. It also assists with home warranties and identity fraud protection.

PHH Mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, and it’s a good idea to get rates from several mortgage lenders before making a final decision.

PHH is one of the top five mortgage companies in the country and offers fixed-rate loans with terms up to 40 years. Its simple online loan application process lets you see the types of loans you qualify for. The company’s rates are typically competitive with the market.

PHH Mortgage FAQ

How do I make a payment on PHH Mortgage?
PHH Mortgage’s innovative website lets you access your account 24/7 and make payments online. You can also submit your payment by phone.
Does PHH Mortgage have a grace period?
There is a 15-day grace period for mortgage payments.
Does PHH Mortgage accept cards?
Yes. You can pay with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. You can also make payments through Apple Pay or your bank account.

Is PHH Mortgage a good company?

PHH is a leading mortgage company in the United States. Its rates are competitive, and it offers a variety of services for homebuyers. Customers give mixed feedback on customer service, but many report being satisfied with its flexible payment plans. We recommend PHH as an educational resource for those buying homes for the first time or those looking to switch up their real estate financing options.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: June 1, 2020

My family was in dire need help because of the virus. We have not been working and have tried to get help from unemployment Ins. but have not got a response to this date. It has left us with just enough to cover grocery expenses. I did not know what we were going to be able to do about our home mortgage but then the call came from PHH and what a relief it was to get their help in this situation. I can breathe a little better now with the help they gave us. Thank You.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Jerry for the positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Two double check payments made with delayed responses. Your response to our survey: Let me just say at the outset, that the relationship manager - Agent #** took immediate action to assist me with the matter at hand. He demonstrated genuine concern about my situation. He even gave me several options that was available to me. I selected the best and efficient option. Finally, I must say that he requested that I email the letter sent to me by PHH Mortgage to investigate the information in the letter that he took issue with. I must commend him for superb customer service! There is no need to improve your customer service at this time.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, William. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I had mistakenly placed my payment envelope into the mailbox WITHOUT a Postage Stamp and was worried about missing my payment deadline. Therefore I sent another check as I awaited the original to return to my home. Upon checking my bank account, I saw that both checks were cashed by PHH so I immediately worried that the excess money would be placed against my mortgage interest. However, I was PLEASED To Learn that PHH simply credited the second check to next month's payment.

To me personally, that showed EXCELLENT Regard for my (the customer) financial capability and monthly responsibilities outside of my mortgage payment. Good Faith acts like this are what separate Good and Respectable Companies from Fly By Night Operations that essentially grift every nickel they can from their customers. I'm happy to have my mortgage with PHH Mortgage.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, David. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had a concern when my Mortgage was not even loaded into the PHH System on February 1, 2020. I had many conversations with the people on the Hotline. They were all very courteous and willing to help if possible. Being an IT professional myself. I asked many in depth questions about their processes. They were very patient in answering my questions to the best of their ability. It is my nature to be precise and specific to understand the processes and to understand the length of time for them to work. On February 10, the data got loaded on to the system. I was able to register but the link failed. The next day they corrected the problem and was able to make the first payment. I am now a happy camper. I was a Software Engineer for IBM and Lockheed Martin for a total of 35 years.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Robert. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided by our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

The service I received was excellent. The gentleman who handled my call was extremely helpful. My payment had been declined due to insufficient funds. This was my error. I put more money into the bank account in question.. But now I was very concerned about being late in my payment. The gentleman understood my concern and was helpful to me.. I needed to know whether I should try to make another payment or whether PHH would run the earlier payment through again.

So the gentleman put me on a brief hold so that he could verify this with his boss. Very soon he was back with me to explain that PHH would indeed try the payment once again.

So there was nothing that I needed to do now. That was good news. While I was on the phone, he also told me that my payment amount would be going down in the near future. So that was even more good news. He didn't have to do this extra work because he had already served me. I believe you have a true asset in this gentleman. He is an excellent representative of PHH. You could certainly use him to train other telephone people in your company. Thank you so much, Stephen

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Stephen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about the excellent customer service provided by Garnet. We will be sure to share your feedback with him.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Extremely fast and courteous customer service every time I call. PPH was there for me during COVID and remains ready to help anytime. Very friendly and professional. In fact, I would say the best service I have ever had. Thank you.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, James. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Edward ** was GREAT. He thoroughly answered all of our questions, sent paperwork fast, offered to stay on the phone while we completed the paperwork in case we had any additional questions, and quickly called to confirm that our rate was locked in. This is my first experience with a refinance and my experience was worthy of sharing with my friends and on social media.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Frank, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: July 31, 2020

My mortgage company sold my mortgage to PHH. When the changeover happened there were snafus, but we eventually got them worked out. This year I made my final payment using my bank's bill pay service as I have always done. The next month I received an invoice that showed a balance due of 0.00. I was thankful to have the mortgage paid off. The next billing cycle I received a bill for 313.17. I was puzzled because of the previous 0.00 statement balance. On June 26 I paid the 313.17 using bill pay. Today I get a nasty letter in the mail saying that I am delinquent and that I owe them 379.01.

When I finally was able to reach a foreign customer service agent for PHH, they couldn't answer any questions, but would only read the line, "Since it is the final payment it has to be sent with certified funds." Because the payment was sent with bill pay, like every other payment I ever made them, they refunded my money. When I looked at my account, they had refunded the money on July 3. Because they put the money I paid them back in my account they charged me an additional 65.84. I look at that as stealing.

PHH Mortgage response

Regina, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that you have. Your account has been assigned to one of our escalation management team members to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss your concerns regarding payoff in detail. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I discussed my options with agent and he was very informative and helpful understanding the ramifications of each possibility. I was able to make an informed decision and would be very open to referring that agent to my friends.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Curt. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was unable to make my payment on the website which after being helped extensively to set up months ago was now inoperable due to our choice to be in forbearance. The woman that took my call was a sweet breath of fresh air! Just a kind and sincere voice with the expertise to quickly resolve my dilemma. Such kindness in these times makes one hesitant to hang up. I even told my wife about her. She was amazing!

PHH Mortgage response

Charles, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information