PHH Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Tomorrow I am going to my bank to stop payment. I will not give them 1 more dime. Last house my payment in 3 yrs. never went up. This house that PHH has the loan 2 times has gone up. The only way is if my payment goes back down to the payment before. They say taxes and insurance. I will go back to renting. It is not the end of the world. I hope Trump drains this swamp. Stop your payment today.

I decided to go with PHH Mortgage to refinance because they held my original mortgage. WHAT A MISTAKE. It stated in June with a phone call to refinance, it ended in September with two closing. This company has no clue regarding customer service and completed a mortgage in a timely manner. I am a real estate agent and if this happened to my client I would have told them to run. I was told that if I didn't go through with my mortgage I was going to have to pay a application fee for almost 600.00. I kept telling them I didn't want to go forward and they told me to hold on. The mortgage is soon to go to closing.

To make a long story short I finally closed in September. Now it is November and I received a letter that my escrow account is in default and I owe them more mortgage, plus I also receive a letter that they forgot to have me sign a Notice of Cancel Form. If I sign this form I will have to pay the entire mortgage and start all over. I AM NOW IN A BIND. I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO CANCEL THIS MORTGAGE. DO NOT USE THIS PHH MORTGAGE COMPANY.

Like many others who have written on this site, I have had an extremely bad experience with PHH, the most egregious being the negligence on their part of protecting my financial information in the process of obtaining a mortgage. I have written to Texas Congressman, Jeb Hensarling, head of the House Financial Services Committee, regarding the numerous and investigation-worthy issues I encountered as a consumer. I hope my concerns will be addressed at the highest levels as PHH is a multibillion-dollar company with the financial resources and clout to fight any legal issues they face, and even the government as their most recent case shows against the CFPB.

I agree with many of the other reviews on this site. PHH is difficult to contact. They do not return calls. They are great at creating excuses for delays. I am hopeful that the refinance process that I started in August will finish next week (Nov). This has been a game of hurry up and wait. I was hoping to do a quick refinance to lower my payment which would help my monthly budget. Instead, I have upped my frustration and maybe my blood pressure dealing with PHH. I hope this process is completed and I also hope to not have created an ongoing nightmare consisting of endless calls and note taking on the phone with PHH. Knowing what I know now, I would have just sucked it up and kept paying my higher mortgage payment.

My mortgage company sold my loan to this company and I have nothing positive to say about them. I tried to sell my property but the market was upside down so I tried for a short sale. Well, I put the paperwork for short sale which was approved in Jan. It is Oct. I have harassing phone calls every day and night. They have rejected 4 offers on the property, I have been through 7 case managers. I have at least 200 pieces of paper that I have received in the mail for updating my account, which I diligently do. But after faxing the paperwork off several times and them stating they haven't received it I have to certify snail mail everything.

I am now trying for a deed in lieu but this is even worse. I am pre approved and now I have been on hold back and forth for 20 minutes because they say once again they don't have my documentation. Oh, and they need my preapproval, which is me stating I want a deed in lieu, okay I am on the phone saying I want one people! Anything to get rid of this house. I have tried everything and kept in contact with them more than them me, but my credit took a 200 point dive and there seems to be no end in site. I have owned this house for 10 years and I can't believe the horrible customer service of this place. Thank god my other house has a mortgage through a reputable bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

UNFORTUNATELY, OUR ORIGINAL MORTGAGE COMPANY SOLD (TRANSFERRED) OUR LOAN TO PHH MORTGAGE. We have had nothing but frustration ever since. We paid for 1 years insurance on our home 2 months ago and our insurance premiums are escrowed (!) but we got a letter from PHH that said our insurance had expired and they were going to buy insurance for us! Our insurance agent assures us that our insurance has never expired and is completely in place and up to date!

Plus, we tried to go online to set up automatic draft payments, but when we register it rejects the registration with the error code that says the password doesn't meet guidelines! Guidelines say 7 or more characters with letters and numbers only and must have at least one of each. We have tried 5 different combinations within those guidelines and they are always rejected. And, you can't just change the password when it's rejected. You have to go back and fill in the complete registration all over again!

I finally used screwyou1 which is within the guidelines and it too was rejected! I get the distinct feeling that this is only the beginning of sorrows with this company. Next step: I'll send the payment priority mail with a tracking number so I know darn well they got my payment ON TIME! If they hold it and make it late I will at least have some recourse with the credit bureaus! Even though our mortgage is only a few weeks old, we are now looking to refinance to get away from PHH Mortgage! PLEASE avoid this company like the plague that it is!

I received a phone call from PHH mortgage stating that I could refinance my home loan which would lower my rate and payment. This process has went on for about 4 months. I have emails showing that I would be able to skip 2 payments if I refinanced with them. Well 4 months later this process is still in the process. My wife and I signed closing paperwork around 2 weeks ago, then received a call that we needed to resign the paperwork due to an error on PHH's behalf. Due to me being told that I could skip 2 payments I didn't make them and now PHH has reported to the credit bureau that I have a payment over 30 days due.

Mine and my wife's credit has been ruined due to PHH not upholding their end of the deal. I would recommend people finance with the devil prior to even thinking about PHH. They never return your phone calls, tell you information that is untrue, call you everything but a liar and ruin your credit. I will be visiting my lawyers office today. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM PHH MORTGAGE!!!

All I want to do is switch my autopay to another account, and it's been a very long headache. First they refused to tell me how to do it, then they said I would have to fax my bank statements for the new account - which is ridiculous. Now, they're sending me an account statement in 7 to 10 days. So much hassle.

I tried to refinance with other Bank, but PHH Mortgage never refund my escrow balance. I didn't pay the mortgage, waiting to refinance. The next month I received the mortgage statement with an amount due $1415.72, this includes two months. I send a check for this amount and considered only one payment. It is ridiculous. It is a bank or a group of rovers looking for easy money. I don't have a good opinion about your bank. I don't recommend this bank to anybody.

Many hidden fees. Ambiguous closing cost estimate - could be this, or that, or some other random number. They lock you into the refi as you are responsible for fees if you back out, then the pain begins. Numerous underwriters and processors, they each ask for the same things over and over. They are EST and will call you at 9:00 their time, regardless of what time zone you are in.

After a month, when you are fully invested in the refi and obligated, suddenly something comes up and the refi may not go through. So you have to answer more questions and provide more evidence and it all drags out even though you are expected to give them whatever they want immediately. I cannot wait to get this done, and in time, get rid of these idiots. Absolutely passive-aggressive. I wonder if they want you to back out and just pay the fees. I am worried that there will be a cluster ** with the fees at closing and I will owe a lot more than they have said. How are these dopes still in business? AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

Had my fixed rate mortgage for more than 11 years without incident. The mortgage payment was only principal and interest as all taxes and insurance are paid directly by me for the entire term of the loan. Through some glitch, my account suddenly received an escrow account, to which they started charging a monthly fee onto my regular payment. Proof of paid insurance and taxes has been confirmed several times. The mortgage company's own insurance, customer service and escrow departments all confirm this and agree the escrow account should be closed down and their information corrected, however, they have been unable to make this correction for over 5 months now.

Initially, I gave them an additional $800+ which was to be reimbursed to me, to allow for the time frame they claimed it would take to correct the issue since I didn't want my credit damaged, and continued to make the regular monthly payments, as instructed. However, now they are threatening me with late fees and foreclosure since they refuse to apply the regular payments to the principal and interest unless I also fund their escrow account. I call multiple times a month and each time am assured this issue will be corrected and the $800+ will be reimbursed, then a week or so later I get another letter in the mail demonstrating nothing has changed. I suppose it's time for a lawyer.

PHH Mortgage is a third-party company that Coldwell Banker Mortgage retains to handle completed loans. PHH Mortgages practices are abysmal across the board: From answering the phone to working with borrowers on a problem, the company is effectively useless at everything it does. From my now extensive dealings with the company, I have come to the conclusion that everything it does is designed simply to string along borrowers so they continue to make mortgage payments as long as possible. The some 18 months I have dealt with the company have left me so bitter that I will certainly never directly use Coldwell Banker for anything ever again, and may not even buy a house from a seller represented by a Coldwell Banker agent. There is absolutely no excuse for how terrible this company is. My experience, so you can decide for yourself, is as follows:

In May 2015, our house in Houston, Texas, flooded (along with hundreds of others). After spending over an hour providing income information and discussing my intentions about repaying the Coldwell loan with PHH Mortgage employee a few days after the flood, she promised we would be eligible for a deferral while we were displaced and rebuilding. After completing an onerous packet of information that arrived a week or two later, and providing documentation of our assets, bank accounts, bills, etc. (a project that took untold hours), I sent the completed packet and supporting materials to PHH Mortgage. A message board was created where I could login to review the pending deferral.

Despite the fact that I provided everything needed, some PHH Mortgage idiot started sending boilerplate postings that we were missing information. I lost track of how many times I pointed out they already had the information they were requesting, and sent the requested information again and again (this went on for weeks). At some point, I began making angry phone calls asking for their corporate counsel, which I was never given the number for, but was eventually sent to the office of the president after repeated discussions with employees that had no last names, no phone extensions, and no email addresses.

Finally, and many months after the flood, a girl that sounded like a college intern finally returned my phone calls, and said she would look into our case. Toward the end of 2015 (after we had already rebuilt our house over four months, and paid double mortgage and a rental notes during that time), she called back to say she could defer half of our mortgage payment for three months, with that half to incur interest and be rolled into the remaining loan. I never accepted or rejected the offer, since we had moved back in to our house by this time.

In April 2016, our house flooded again. The exact same song and dance occurred: Promises of help, receiving the same packet of information to complete, nobody answering the phone that could answer an actual question. Realizing the fact none of this would do me any good, I called the office of the president to accept the offer to defer half the mortgage for three months. Unsurprisingly, the offer was supposedly already withdrawn in a letter we never received, and I was told to go through the same exact process as before.

Needless to say, PHH Mortgage and Coldwell Banker, by extension is a terrible company. Maybe this practice is par for the course, in which case an industry-wide reform is necessary. The thinly-veiled practice is to simply gather asset information from a borrower at a time the borrower is down on their luck. The way PHH Mortgage extracts this information is by making promises to help the borrower that PHH Mortgage has no intention of keeping. Just by way of example of how the process should work, Ford sent me a notice asking if it could defer my truck payments because of the flooding. And my student loan deferral was accomplished in a single call. It makes no sense that I can rebuild a flooded house from the studs out in less time than PHH Mortgage can respond with a half of a deferral, unless the company’s goal is debt collection (and not helping borrowers).

After the second flood, we sold our house. PHH Mortgage would not accept our payoff of the mortgage note. (A check from our insurance company, with the balance paid by the buyer-investment company.) The investors buying our house took a major risk, paid the full mortgage note by wire, and then had us simply endorse the insurance check (with Coldwell Banker as one of the payees) to them. The continued incompetence of PHH Mortgage could have easily cost us the sale of the house.

And, the icing on the cake to all of this was that PHH Mortgage, weeks after mortgage balance was paid off, never sent the escrow balance to us. After sending a threatening letter, I still got no response after several more weeks. Another angry phone call and hour wait on hold later, I was told the escrow check was mailed to the old address, despite the fact they were provided our new address in the letter I sent. I was then told the old check would be cancelled, and to wait two weeks for a new one to arrive. The next day, the original check arrived (forwarded from the old house). A month later, no new check had arrived. I cashed the cancelled check, which was apparently never actually cancelled. A fitting end to my saga with this confederacy of dunces.

I overpaid on my payment. Instead of applying the excess to principal or whatever - they apply the payment to principal and then say, "You didn't pay your mortgage." I tried to reach them to correct this. Not only did their website not recognize my account number (which is the only one I've had with them for years and works in every other instance) - when you call their customer service number (800499-8767) you get this: Some nonsense offer for senior citizens - once you exit that offer, then it directs you to an offer for DirecTV, then Disney Vacation Planning, then Dish Network, The State Farm Auto Insurance... once you exit that it then states their selected partners phone number 3 times, Then their selected partners website url twice.

When you exit it then repeats the their selected partners website info 2 times more. Finally it says, "The number you dialed has changed." - Proceeds to send you to another number that starts with MORE offers all over again! I tried another number (800) 210-8849 and it and this one gives you a menu that doesn't respond to any of your touch tone inputs regardless of what you enter.

My first bad experience with this crap company was when they bought my loan from my previous lender. I received no statement from them for 3 months. I did receive a letter telling me they were the new loan servicing agent, so I called them to ask them how much my payment was and where to send it. They told me to just sit tight, that they were very behind on assigning new loan numbers, and to wait to pay them until I received something in the mail from them. They said "don't worry, you won't be charged any late charges or sent to collections." Well, two months went by and nothing. Next thing I know they report me to a collection agency, I'm getting phone calls about my late loan payments, and I was charged late fees. It took numerous phone calls to clear all of this up. I finally got all this cleared up after four months of phone calls.

The next issue I had is I have a tax lien so I wanted to get them to increase my loan payment and add the extra to my escrow account for when that tax was due. Each time I sent them the extra for the escrow account, they added it to principal. I marked the check and the payment coupon very clearly indicating the extra was for the escrow account and why. Didn't matter. Then they did a re-analysis of my escrow account and decreased my monthly payment. A few months later they came after me saying I didn't pay ENOUGH, I had been underpaying, when all I was doing was paying what they said they wanted. They then wanted me to pay the difference between what my payments should have been and what they billed me for. I had to use up all my savings to cover that mistake of theirs.

Regarding the escrow account re-analysis that started it all, I called numerous times to explain to them this wasn't necessary, but they didn't understand what I was saying. The last time I made an extra payment to my escrow account it actually was posted to the actual escrow account instead of principal. First time that happened in the past 9 months I've been dealing with this crap!!! I hate this company with a passion. I was not surprised to find that numerous others have had similar issues with these morons.

I refinanced my mortgage and unfortunately ended up with PHH. PHH was recently bought out and since then they are awful. I refinanced in March and as of Sept. 2016 still have NO recorded deed of trust on my house. I called in June to check on it and they didn't even know it hadn't been recorded. They lied to me and told me they processed it when in fact they had not. I waited a additional 4 weeks and still nothing. I literally have been calling twice a week if not more since June 2016 to try to get a resolution to the situation and still... I have no resolution. The deed of trust has been rejected 3 times by my county because they still can't get it right.

I again am sitting on hold for the second phone call today hung up on the first time, for 1 hour and still holding. I have begged and pleaded, to even take it in myself with still no solution and they will NOT work with me. Colorado has a law that the deed of trust must be recorded within 90 days... they have far exceeded that. I don't know if or when my deed of trust will be recorded regardless of what I do on my end to try to continue to push this through.

By far the worst company I have ever worked with. Hold times are a minimum of 45 minutes, to get to a supervisor you will wait additional 1 hour minimum. I can't say anything good about this company or the people they hire. I have gotten transferred and transferred and transferred and then when you do get someone that knows what they are talking about, getting back to them is impossible. I have been sent to ever department and every time I call it's that way as well. I have tried emails, supervisors, offering to do it myself, to no avail... I am beyond frustrated and am literally just sitting hoping that this 4th time that they submit it to the county will actually be right. Now that I have waited 1 hour and 45 mins for a supervisor I was told that it takes 24 to 48 hours for them to research the issue to even get back to you. Does anyone at this company do their job or even run it?

My mortgage co is Ditech, but I just got a call from my insurance co which is Amica telling me that they had a request from PHH Mortgage to switch my homeowner's policy over to them. I called Ditech... NO PLANS TO MOVE MY MORTGAGE!! So I called Amica and let them know that there seems to be a scam going on.

It took three weeks to issue the escrow check after closing - not too bad. The check was sent to the wrong address and made out to two parties, one deceased - not their fault. The problem started when I tried to rectify the situation. I was given specific instructions regarding the paperwork necessary and to whom it should be sent. Those instructions were followed to a tee, but no check. Made a follow up call and was told they hadn't received the paperwork. I was put on hold long enough for the customer rep to, lo and behold, find it! The changes were made and I was told a new check would be issued. Waiting, waiting... Made another follow up call and was told the check would be processed in 3 weeks!

The fault was with them for "losing" my paperwork and not making the changes in a timely manner, but I was told I still needed to adhere to their processing time frame. I objected and asked to speak to a supervisor, only to be told I would receive a callback the next day. No call. No call for a week (I was unable to find the time to pursue this battle during that time). Finally, after a week I made another follow up call and was told someone had tried to reach me. Hmmm, no message, no missed call. I asked to speak to a supervisor again and was told that another work order would have to be generated to make that happen! Four months after closing and still no check!!! This company is grossly incompetent!!! So, BEWARE! Run far and fast! I gave them one star because no stars is not allowed. If it were possible, I would give them a minus star score!

When we first got our mortgage just over 5 years ago, these people screwed up everything... but we were so far along with the process, we decided to just ride it out. Even after we had to postpone closing for a day because of their incompetence... how much worse could it get, right? Well, now that we're trying to refinance (NOT with PHH), we're learning just how much worse. Turns out these cerebrally deficient people filed our title twice... so it looks like we have two mortgages. Same property, same amount, same start date... TWICE! How does that even happen??? "Should be easy to fix," the new mortgage company says. But, they have seriously underestimated PHH's concerns about making things right. After two days of phone calls and faxes, plus over a week of waiting for them to act, still nothing! And, when I do talk to someone he or she just doesn't care. I mean, seriously they just don't care.

I was placed in foreclosure while working on a Deed of Lieu or I should say, the rug was pulled from under my feet and I looked up in I'm foreclosed. Anyhow to make a long story short, these stories are making me scared. The insurance company did not cover everything but they did send $17,000 for about 25% of the work and after the foreclosure now they are saying I can't get anything if something left after the work. I got a feeling PHH is going to give me the runaround. They haven't even paid the public adjuster his 10% yet. Did I tell you asbestos is around the furnace that went out and all over the floor. Kissing thousands goodbye!!!

PHH Mortgage is just a horrible company. My loan payment doubled after the ARM which I didn't expect then I lost my job which temporarily caused a bit of difficulty paying the large bill on time. They had me submit information about 15 times over the course of three months and then declined assistance. I would never recommend this institution to anyone. If your bank states that your loan is being sold or serviced by this institution, fight, fight fight to see if there is another option. This company should be penalized and closed immediately.

I have been dealing with PHH for the last several years over two $71 late fees. One is from 2010 and one from 2012. Both of the late fees were due to direct payment charges being misdirected on PHH’s side. I have called in three different times spending hours on the phone with them to get this cleared up and always left the call thinking that the issue was resolved; only to have them call me again with the same late fees. This last time I was told the 2010 fee would be forgiven and a request would be made regarding the other fine. I was told I would receive a letter with the outcome of the request for the 2012 fee forgiveness. I received a letter stating the fine was forgiven but the harassing collection calls did not stop.

When I told the collection caller that the late fee was forgiven and gave them the date of the letter, they did not care. We told them we were out of town and would call in when we got back. They proceeded to call three more times in the next two days. When we got home, three days later, I called in. I was told the letter referred to the 2010 late fee forgiveness, not the 2012 fee. I spent another two hours on the phone being told that it is my responsibility to pay my mortgage on time and that they never said that they would look at forgiving the 2012 fee, even though that was what was clearly stated.

They will lie to you and tell you anything to get you off the phone but they will not follow through on anything. They act as though you are a deadbeat because they misdirected your payment. They threaten to put your “delinquent” mortgage on your credit report. One of the collection callers spent 15 minutes telling me how I needed to pay him right away as he was going report my “delinquent mortgage” to ruin my credit and I would never be able to get another mortgage again. Please note that as long as you are making your mortgage payments, they cannot report unpaid late fees as a “delinquent mortgage” to the credit bureau. These fees and fines can sit on the mortgage until you pay off your house. The fines or fees CANNOT increase and they CANNOT charge you interest on them.

I do not understand where they get off threatening my credit and my home over $71. One of the collection calls told me and I should just give him my checking account number so he could do the draft. They have my checking account number. The account is on automatic payment but they need permission to pull anything other than my monthly payment. They think we don’t know anything. They bully and intimidate you until you just give in. I don’t see the calls stopping. Seeing the other reviews, my issues are minor but they are part of a clear pattern of poor business practice. My loan was sold to them but if you are looking for a mortgage, this is NOT the company for you. Go to a real bank and stay as far away from PHH as you can.

Ever since PHH Mortgage Corporation of Mt. Laurel, NJ took over the servicing of my mortgage from HSBC, it has been nothing but a headache and a stressful situation since they did. They started an Escrow Account on their own and forced us to fund it. They did it illegally, without authorization and without notification. My original mortgage was started without an escrow because I have been paying my own taxes and insurance for the past 30 years. I have been trying desperately for the past 2-1/2 years to correct their many errors on my account. They have been mishandling it since September 2013. It has been nothing but cover-ups and lies, even though I have a paper trail of proof since the beginning.

They have refused payments (which they are not allowed to do), ruined my credit record, forced us into a high-interest, long-term loan or face foreclosure, repeatedly making the same mistakes, and held us hostage so we could not look for another loan. I filed three complaints with different agencies and they have refused to answer any questions that I brought up. They simply don't care about what they are doing. The different departments of the company don't know what other departments are doing. They are absolutely terrible in dealing with because they do nothing but tell you stories and lie. I haven't given up yet, as I am still looking to get out from under this horrible company of misfits.

I sent in my first payment to this company (my mortgage was switched to them) and the auto line says they received it over a week ago, however, it still has not cleared my bank. What is the hold up with this company? I have never been late a day with my mortgage. How long does it take to clear a check with these people???

After having been a PHH customer twice now - I have to express how dissatisfied I am with them as a Mortgage Company. While having never - ever been late with my payment / over payment, I am shocked at their aggressive tactics on insurance. I have Allstate insurance - which I pay monthly. If I am 2 seconds late paying the bill, Allstate sends an automated notification that the payment was not received and will be cancelling the policy in 60 days. No big deal - I have 60 days to pay it. Instead of waiting for the real cancellation PHH - institutes their own insurance at $4800.00 (Yes 4800 dollars) a year. Adjusts my monthly payment and starts an escrow - thus causing late payments, etc.

All the time I still have coverage with Allstate and have continuously for 32 years. When I checked with the State Insurance department, they were very interested in the process since I was told PHH has ownership in the company they use and it appears they are charging 4 times the going rate. While they have been semi-good at cleaning up the mess - it is time-consuming - a waste their and my time.

We have been dealing with PHH Mortgage for over (7) seven months. After trying to get a Loan Modification for 7 months, this company has repeatedly played "Games" with us. Our story is too similar to all others on here. This makes us believe PHH Mortgage Co is absolutely a "Sham & Scam" deal. They send numerous confusing letters requesting things like paperwork, then they say that they do not need the paperwork. PHH has driven us crazy with numerous obstacles. From Yes to No in seconds, PHH has done NOTHING to help save our home. They have given us "Run-Arounds" for over seven months. All PHH has done is made the situation WORSE.

In the middle of the process, PHH snuck behind our backs & filed for "Official Foreclosure" - PHH should not be allowed to practice "Banking" because of their multiple scampish foreclosure attempts to almost everyone on here. We should all complain to the NJ Department of Banking & Insurance. PHH Mortgage Co has definitely been shady in this process & should be held accountable for "NOT" doing their JOBS!

I started by trial modification on Sept 2015. I felt behind because of a car accident. I become disabled. I made the first two payments. In November I was going to make the final trial payment until someone at PHH Mortgage told me not to. Listening to this incompetent women caused me to lose my modification. I got banking and insurance involved and they did nothing. They believed any lie that Phh Mortgage told. Phh admitted hearing this women giving me bad advice. They said it was my fault because I still signed the contract. I am losing my home now. The banks are too big and powerful to fight. A lawyer told me it would take hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight. The conversation is taped recorded but they refuse to release it. These people are crooks!

I may have a class action attorney. I need to know via email who would be interested. ** PHH screwed us to the wall. We never missed any payments. They stole over $35,000 from us and our home. I have proof of payments, and they would not accept them. Something is really wrong here. It's illegal and they continue to get away with it. Let me know ASAP!

Due to my husband losing his job, we fell 2 mos behind on mortgage payments. We were able to come up with the money to repay the late pmts BUT, PHH refused to let us pay. Instead, they FORCED us to do a modification. PHH took $60,000 & put it in forbearance resulting in a second mortgage. When our 1st mortgage is paid off in 2043, the $60,000 is to be paid in one lump sum.

In the meantime, my mortgage pmts are right back to where they were at the time the forced modification was done. A year after that, I lost my job and again, my husband lost his. We were not able to recover from that. At the end of 2013, 2014 & 2015 we received 3 different forms of documentation from PHH stating that the payoff amt is $142,000.00. I am now legally blind & collect social security disability. And, not being able to make a decent living in Florida, my husband was sought work in NJ. He was fortunate enough to land a job make great money. We put the house up for sale, put all our belongings in storage and pets in boarding.

Within one week of listing the house, we got an offer and accepted. With the sale of the house, we WERE to walk away with $45,000 which was supposed to be the down payment for our new house. One week before closing, a title search was done and that second mortgage suddenly popped up. That was the end of that. The deal fell through. So now we had to re-list the house at a higher price to cover the second mortgage.

If we are lucky to get an offer, that's great, but we walk away with NOTHING. We will have NO down pmt for another house. All our hopes and dreams of making our lives financially easier have been destroyed by PHH because they misinformed us. For 3 yrs PHH gave us the incorrect payoff amt. this has destroyed us. We are currently living apart, he at his dad's house and me at my parents house. This arrangement was to be temporary. Due to negligence by PHH, we have no idea what we are going to do now. This has put a strain on our marriage and our pockets.

We had $3000 to pay PHH the 2 months that we missed. They REFUSED to take our money. They gave us 2 options; either do a modification or the house goes into foreclosure. This is outright FRAUD in plain English. This is devastating to us to think we were walking away with a $45,000 down payment on a new house to walking away with nothing because PHH's negligence, ignorance, lack of communication, providing false information. DO NOT Apply for a mortgage through PHH or do a modification. PHH is an absolute nightmare and is extremely unprofessional.

We have been having problems with this company that was supposed to help people with their mortgage payments due to hardships, etc. We applied for help and they gave us PHH Mortgage services. They not only made our situation worse, but they're a nightmare trying to prove them wrong. We have had to come up with extra payments, our payments were raised to 724.00 for a year to pay all the late fees they said we had incurred. The final blow was in Oct. 14, 2014 we paid over 2000 more than they said we were still behind. Plus we made our regular payment of 624.66 a few days before this new amount they said we still owed. We were all caught up and were 2 payments ahead according to our bank statement. I had to fax them because they insisted we didn't make that payment. Plus another extra payment we made in Nov. of 2013.

After numerous calls and headaches to show them we faxed numerous bank statements to prove we were paid ahead, then in 2014 my husband had a retinal detachment and was flown out of town and we had to travel 240 round trip. We applied for a car loan from our bank and they refused our loan because PHH had our home in foreclosure!!! What? More calls were made to PHH and we asked them why was our house was in foreclosure? We can never talk to the same person twice.

To make a long story short, the final outcome with us being 1 payment ahead instead of the 2, we were told that way back when they took over our account in 2012, we never made the 1st payment to them. That the other mortgage company received it. But why didn't they bring this up when we paid the 2000 dollars in 2013? This company always finds ways for us to owe them money. I bet if they owed us like they do, we never win. MY husband is legally blind and I have lupus and have had to take over paying our bills, which I can't do very well, emotionally and physically. Today we got a letter that our house is going into foreclosure for 1 payment we were late, which we proved we were ahead, but talking to them is like talking to a wall. What can we do legally to protect ourselves from this company from hell!!! We live on a fixed income and with both our disabilities, I don't know what to do... somebody help us!!!

I have had my mortgage with them for over 12 years and have never been late on a single payment. We have also been responsible for our own escrow. They contacted us and said they could reduce our interest rate. As we are seniors any reduction is welcome. We filled out all the paperwork and they said we would have to use an escrow account. OK we don't mind that as it only determines where the check is sent. We closed in December with 2 different lawyers showing up at different times claiming they were the closing attorney. After they argued as to who had the closing we finally closed with lawyer #2. We were told we had no payments for January or February but that didn't stop them from taking out a payment from our bank. We called to get a refund and got the runaround for weeks. Long story short it took 3 months to get the refund.

Today I got a notice from my homeowner insurance company that our insurance was cancelled. PHH had not made the insurance payment out of escrow. So far 4 hours on the phone still has not resolved it. I paid the insurance company $829.00 to reinstate the insurance and now will have to fight PHH to get my money back. Standard response 1. "We will call you back." 2. No call. 3. Recall them. 4. The first person you talked to is no longer there. 5. Go to step 1. These folks are the least professional folks I have ever dealt with. Oh, to add insult to injury, in spite of over 10 years with a perfect record of making my payments they made 5 hard credit inquiries in a single day and then had the temerity to ask me why I had so many hard inquiries. You have been warned...

PHH Mortgage Company Profile