2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

BOTTOM LINE

PHH helps home buyers navigate the homebuying process and offers a variety of loan options for first-time homebuyers, seasoned homebuyers and investors

PROS

• Offers home loans and refinancing
  • 24/7 online account access
  • Competitive rates

CONS

• Does not offer HELOC programs
  • Mixed reviews for customer service

Top PHH Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

I have a home loan that is with PHH. I was recently impressed by their friendly and helpful staff. They helped me delay my payments, but this isn’t the only time they have exceeded my expectations. I have had nothing, but positive interactions with PHH.

The PHH rep who was providing assistance went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve my paperwork, even though my account had been closed and transferred to a third-party. He ensured that I had the information and waited until I got the email information. Great service!

What is PHH Mortgage?

PHH Mortgage offers a variety of services for homebuyers and business owners. PHH Mortgage focuses on helping people buy homes or investment properties. It has flexible financing options and loan terms, and the company provides resources to help buyers make informed and confident decisions. PHH Mortgage also offers business services, including subservicing, partner portfolio management and investor services.

PHH Homebuying

The PHH Mortgage team walks homebuyers through every step of the homebuying process. Its representatives help customers determine how much they can afford, discuss down payment options and closing costs, set monthly payments and navigate additional expenses like insurance and utilities.

First-time homebuyers
PHH Mortgage offers first-time homebuyers the support and resources they need to navigate the homebuying process. This includes walking you through the preapproval process, exploring your options for loan terms and joining you for the home inspection process. Its representatives help first-time homebuyers through the closing process and answer all questions until you have the keys to your new home.
Next homes
If you’ve purchased a home before, PHH can help you finance your next home if you’re looking to downsize or upgrade. The company can help repeat homebuyers choose the best mortgage and decide between fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate loans.
Vacation homes
Buying a second home or vacation property is similar to buying a primary residence, but PHH helps you understand taxes, equity and rental potential for a second home. It offers a vacation homebuying checklist so you can make a vacation home purchase with confidence.
Investment properties
PHH Mortgage helps new investors enter the property investment market and seasoned investors fine-tune their strategies. Talk to the company’s mortgage experts about loan options for investment properties.

PHH Refinancing

Refinancing can be a smart way to reduce your interest rates, shorten payment periods or lower monthly payments. Whether you need to take cash out or change your loan options, PHH makes it easy to understand your options and save money in the process.

PHH Home Insurance

Buying a home means buying insurance — this can be a confusing process, especially for first-time homeowners. PHH offers a wide range of insurance products, including flood, accidental death and homeowners insurance. It also assists with home warranties and identity fraud protection.

PHH Mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, and it’s a good idea to get rates from several mortgage lenders before making a final decision.

PHH is one of the top five mortgage companies in the country and offers fixed-rate loans with terms up to 40 years. Its simple online loan application process lets you see the types of loans you qualify for. The company’s rates are typically competitive with the market.

PHH Mortgage FAQ

How do I make a payment on PHH Mortgage?
PHH Mortgage’s innovative website lets you access your account 24/7 and make payments online. You can also submit your payment by phone.
Does PHH Mortgage have a grace period?
There is a 15-day grace period for mortgage payments.
Does PHH Mortgage accept cards?
Yes. You can pay with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. You can also make payments through Apple Pay or your bank account.

Is PHH Mortgage a good company?

PHH is a leading mortgage company in the United States. Its rates are competitive, and it offers a variety of services for homebuyers. Customers give mixed feedback on customer service, but many report being satisfied with its flexible payment plans. We recommend PHH as an educational resource for those buying homes for the first time or those looking to switch up their real estate financing options.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My monthly mortgage payment was made by the due date but after hours. My husband has been in the hospital for some time after suffering a stroke and I just honestly forgot my payment with so many other things going on this month. I made the payment after hours; but the next morning I received an email advising my payment was late. I called PHH, explained the timing of my payment and my personal issues with my husband and the agent could not have been more pleasant. She first gave her good wishes for a speedy recovery and then looked at my payment. It turns out the payment was processing, not yet processed.

I asked about late fees as I have never in my life paid my mortgage payment late nor any other payment for that matter. The agent stated she would monitor my account and if she saw a late payment applied she would do her best to have it removed. My call was over in less than 5 minutes. She confirmed my payment, advised she would try to have the late charge removed (if applied), AND offered her good wishes to my husband. A very pleasant customer experience.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Debra. We wish a speedy recovery for your husband and hope that things get better for you in the coming future. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

2020 was a tough year but thankfully PHH is my mortgage company who went above and beyond to show me they care. Empathy is not the same as sympathy... PHH has agents who put themselves in my shoes (and many others) to figure out a plan (or option) that would help get us through these uncertain times vs saying “I’m sorry, when can you pay?”. Every time I called customer service with questions, I was treated with respect and felt I had a ‘partner’ who wanted to help me succeed during the pandemic versus saying tough luck! Because of them and their resources, I’m finally able to get back on my feet and continue living in my dream home I worked so hard for. This company listens. They care. They want families to have a roof over their head and go above and beyond to help them out. Thank you, I appreciate your support!

PHH Mortgage response

Shalee, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Just a few words to let you know that I was extremely satisfied with my relationship manager who represents PHH Mortgage. She was very cordial and professional the entire time I was with her on the phone. A special moment that I recall during our last conversation was when I was explaining the reason for my request asking for a deferment on my house payments. I was explaining how Covid affected me financially. I went on disability from work due to a knee injury which occurred on January 3, 2020. This caused my financial income to drop dramatically. My surgery was delayed for the longest time.

Just recently, I was able to return to work on September 15, 2020. I was getting emotional when I told her I did not want to lose my home. The way she responded to me is what caught me off guard. She told me, "You're not going to lose your home Mr. **". Her voice was so reassuring to me, sort of in a way of how a parent would talk to their child. After our conversation, my stress went away and I felt so relieved. It's nice to know that there are special employees who truly care for their customers. Thank you so much for everything you do.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Rene. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I can’t thank the wonderful people at PHH Mortgage enough. They literally saved my life! As a single mom it’s hard enough with one income but I am also helping my 87 yr old mom with her mortgage and bills. I really had no idea how I was going to pay everything during Covid since my income was practically nothing as I own my own business and everything was shut down for months. Even now I am not making anywhere near the money I was making before Covid. I was getting nasty phone calls from my car loan company, electric and cable company with no care for what was going on in the world. It was heartbreaking I had one company tell me I should borrow money or take out a loan because they wanted their money.

PHH was the ONLY Company that was caring and extremely compassionate and it wasn’t just one nice rep it has been Every single one that has done so much to help and reassured me that they will continue to help as long as Covid continues. I cried the last time I spoke to someone because I was so overwhelmed by their compassion. Because of PHH and all their help I WILL be able to get back on track and get through this difficult time. I can’t thank them enough!! Sharon

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Sharon. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Haider represented PHH very well. Teleworking from home can be somewhat inconvenient. I applaud Haider for being able to adapt in this "new normal". He helped me to better understand how I would repay the deferred payments at the end of the three-month plan. He assured me that if I'm not in the position to pay it PHH will contact me before the end draws near to see where I stand and will continue to work with me. This removed a heavy burden on my heart because I don't know what the outcome of this COVID-19 situation will be in my circumstances.

I want to thank PHH for having the heart to want to help their customers, like myself, after being furloughed or lost of job. It's good to know that you are in business to help and not to hurt. This gives me peace, hope and a form of healing knowing I will be able to keep a roof over my head in spite of these perilous times. Thank you and may God abundantly bless PHH.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. We will be sure to share this feedback with Haider and his manager.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The PHH Representative was customer service oriented. He understood my question and checked in with me to ensure he understood correctly. The Representative was able to explain to me why my mortgage payment had decreased and he also gave me an option to decrease the payment more.

PHH Mortgage response

Patricia, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The person I spoke with was very knowledgeable-5 stars. However, the letter PHH mortgage sent should be updated because: I typed in the website (listed on your letter) on my iPad. It could not find my loan. It asked for zip code - it should specify the zip code of the property of the loan or the zip code of the mailing address, 3) called the 800 number and was very difficult to FINALLY navigate to the live representative who then gave me additional words to add to the website address. This brought me to the place I needed to be to upload my flood insurance.

PHH Mortgage response

Roanne, we value your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to improve our service and resolve any issues that our customers may have. Your account information has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for a review and they will be contacting you regarding this.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Service service the very good, be able to help me whatever I need, questions and solved at the call. They were very good on follow up, during the phone, voice was cut off a lots, that is only thing need to improve.

PHH Mortgage response

Andrew, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. We will also work on the technological issues.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

The customer service that was provided was excellent as well as helpful and polite. I have never written a review before I normally just ignore but I made and exception for this one. This is by far one of the best customer service I have EVER had.

PHH Mortgage response

Fermin, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent. We will be sure to share this feedback with Lorena and her manager.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The representative was helpful, quick, and helped with each of the things I called about. The hold time was short and I was connected to a live person with minimal automated steps, which is great because it’s beyond frustrating trying to reach a real live person these days!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Dylan. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information