2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

BOTTOM LINE

PHH helps home buyers navigate the homebuying process and offers a variety of loan options for first-time homebuyers, seasoned homebuyers and investors

PROS

• Offers home loans and refinancing
  • 24/7 online account access
  • Competitive rates

CONS

• Does not offer HELOC programs
  • Mixed reviews for customer service

Top PHH Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

I have a home loan that is with PHH. I was recently impressed by their friendly and helpful staff. They helped me delay my payments, but this isn’t the only time they have exceeded my expectations. I have had nothing, but positive interactions with PHH.

The PHH rep who was providing assistance went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve my paperwork, even though my account had been closed and transferred to a third-party. He ensured that I had the information and waited until I got the email information. Great service!

What is PHH Mortgage?

PHH Mortgage offers a variety of services for homebuyers and business owners. PHH Mortgage focuses on helping people buy homes or investment properties. It has flexible financing options and loan terms, and the company provides resources to help buyers make informed and confident decisions. PHH Mortgage also offers business services, including subservicing, partner portfolio management and investor services.

PHH Homebuying

The PHH Mortgage team walks homebuyers through every step of the homebuying process. Its representatives help customers determine how much they can afford, discuss down payment options and closing costs, set monthly payments and navigate additional expenses like insurance and utilities.

First-time homebuyers
PHH Mortgage offers first-time homebuyers the support and resources they need to navigate the homebuying process. This includes walking you through the preapproval process, exploring your options for loan terms and joining you for the home inspection process. Its representatives help first-time homebuyers through the closing process and answer all questions until you have the keys to your new home.
Next homes
If you’ve purchased a home before, PHH can help you finance your next home if you’re looking to downsize or upgrade. The company can help repeat homebuyers choose the best mortgage and decide between fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate loans.
Vacation homes
Buying a second home or vacation property is similar to buying a primary residence, but PHH helps you understand taxes, equity and rental potential for a second home. It offers a vacation homebuying checklist so you can make a vacation home purchase with confidence.
Investment properties
PHH Mortgage helps new investors enter the property investment market and seasoned investors fine-tune their strategies. Talk to the company’s mortgage experts about loan options for investment properties.

PHH Refinancing

Refinancing can be a smart way to reduce your interest rates, shorten payment periods or lower monthly payments. Whether you need to take cash out or change your loan options, PHH makes it easy to understand your options and save money in the process.

PHH Home Insurance

Buying a home means buying insurance — this can be a confusing process, especially for first-time homeowners. PHH offers a wide range of insurance products, including flood, accidental death and homeowners insurance. It also assists with home warranties and identity fraud protection.

PHH Mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, and it’s a good idea to get rates from several mortgage lenders before making a final decision.

PHH is one of the top five mortgage companies in the country and offers fixed-rate loans with terms up to 40 years. Its simple online loan application process lets you see the types of loans you qualify for. The company’s rates are typically competitive with the market.

PHH Mortgage FAQ

How do I make a payment on PHH Mortgage?
PHH Mortgage’s innovative website lets you access your account 24/7 and make payments online. You can also submit your payment by phone.
Does PHH Mortgage have a grace period?
There is a 15-day grace period for mortgage payments.
Does PHH Mortgage accept cards?
Yes. You can pay with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. You can also make payments through Apple Pay or your bank account.

Is PHH Mortgage a good company?

PHH is a leading mortgage company in the United States. Its rates are competitive, and it offers a variety of services for homebuyers. Customers give mixed feedback on customer service, but many report being satisfied with its flexible payment plans. We recommend PHH as an educational resource for those buying homes for the first time or those looking to switch up their real estate financing options.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Just a few words to let you know that I was extremely satisfied with my relationship manager who represents PHH Mortgage. She was very cordial and professional the entire time I was with her on the phone. A special moment that I recall during our last conversation was when I was explaining the reason for my request asking for a deferment on my house payments. I was explaining how Covid affected me financially. I went on disability from work due to a knee injury which occurred on January 3, 2020. This caused my financial income to drop dramatically. My surgery was delayed for the longest time.

Just recently, I was able to return to work on September 15, 2020. I was getting emotional when I told her I did not want to lose my home. The way she responded to me is what caught me off guard. She told me, "You're not going to lose your home Mr. **". Her voice was so reassuring to me, sort of in a way of how a parent would talk to their child. After our conversation, my stress went away and I felt so relieved. It's nice to know that there are special employees who truly care for their customers. Thank you so much for everything you do.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Rene. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I can’t thank the wonderful people at PHH Mortgage enough. They literally saved my life! As a single mom it’s hard enough with one income but I am also helping my 87 yr old mom with her mortgage and bills. I really had no idea how I was going to pay everything during Covid since my income was practically nothing as I own my own business and everything was shut down for months. Even now I am not making anywhere near the money I was making before Covid. I was getting nasty phone calls from my car loan company, electric and cable company with no care for what was going on in the world. It was heartbreaking I had one company tell me I should borrow money or take out a loan because they wanted their money.

PHH was the ONLY Company that was caring and extremely compassionate and it wasn’t just one nice rep it has been Every single one that has done so much to help and reassured me that they will continue to help as long as Covid continues. I cried the last time I spoke to someone because I was so overwhelmed by their compassion. Because of PHH and all their help I WILL be able to get back on track and get through this difficult time. I can’t thank them enough!! Sharon

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Sharon. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

The representative that handled my request was very respectful, courteous, expeditious, and knowledgeable when I was in dire need of assistance. I had a horrible experience trying to make my mortgage payment using PHH's self-service technology. After numerous attempts to make my payment, I am informed that the computer was down for updating and would not be available until 6:00 PM the following day (Sunday, 8/16/20). At that time I went to PHH's website to try and make the payment online, to find that the charge to make a payment through a company that I can only think is authorized by PHH (Doxo) to take payments would charge me $171.00 and some change to process my mortgage payment. In my opinion, it is very discouraging to know that PHH would subject their customers to such outrageous fees for processing payments for one of their products.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, James, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. If you need additional assistance or your query is not resolved, request you to send us a private message.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I had mistakenly placed my payment envelope into the mailbox WITHOUT a Postage Stamp and was worried about missing my payment deadline. Therefore I sent another check as I awaited the original to return to my home. Upon checking my bank account, I saw that both checks were cashed by PHH so I immediately worried that the excess money would be placed against my mortgage interest. However, I was PLEASED To Learn that PHH simply credited the second check to next month's payment.

To me personally, that showed EXCELLENT Regard for my (the customer) financial capability and monthly responsibilities outside of my mortgage payment. Good Faith acts like this are what separate Good and Respectable Companies from Fly By Night Operations that essentially grift every nickel they can from their customers. I'm happy to have my mortgage with PHH Mortgage.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, David. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had a concern when my Mortgage was not even loaded into the PHH System on February 1, 2020. I had many conversations with the people on the Hotline. They were all very courteous and willing to help if possible. Being an IT professional myself. I asked many in depth questions about their processes. They were very patient in answering my questions to the best of their ability. It is my nature to be precise and specific to understand the processes and to understand the length of time for them to work. On February 10, the data got loaded on to the system. I was able to register but the link failed. The next day they corrected the problem and was able to make the first payment. I am now a happy camper. I was a Software Engineer for IBM and Lockheed Martin for a total of 35 years.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Robert. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided by our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

PHH, offers easy account access by a normal webpage interface with good document availability and self-service options. Phone service was easy to navigate with representatives that are clearly knowledgeable. Reasonable verification information was required and my docs were delivered over a separate secure website.

PHH Mortgage response

James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I was having trouble getting to my Account on the Internet. I gave up and called, not in a good mood, for help. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind, considerate and extremely helpful but due to my "nasty" mood I gave up. However, after a short while, I was able to access my account using the info/slash assistance he had suggested. He was absolutely correct. I actually owe him an apology for my attitude and would call and tell him except I don't know how I could reach him. If, whomever receives this message could pass that on to him, I would be indebted.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, James. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We will be sure to share this feedback with Amit and his manager.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had a question about making arraignments to pay my escrow short fall. Not only did he answer the question but he went on to explain the reasons for the shortage. The representative was, knowledgeable, polite, and understandable. He was a pleasure to deal with.

PHH Mortgage response

Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear of the excellent customer service provided by our agent.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with PHH Mortgage. Very professional, kind and knowledge. They are always available and willing to answer any questions, and never make me feel rushed or unimportant. Would highly recommend to family and friends alike.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Misti. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Had an almost perfect credit score of over 800, and agreed to a Forbearance relief for 6 months (1/2 half of normal payment), and made every payment on time and a few months later found out they called every payment 60 days late and ruined my credit (dropped to 715), and will not change the reporting, even though I paid as agreed upon. Please do NOT do business with them. They never ever told me this would happen, as I take my credit score very seriously.

PHH Mortgage response

Bob, we do take all feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Your information and details regarding the credit reporting during forbearance relief has been forwarded to one of our escalation management team members for review. Following their review, they will be in contact with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information