This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
With Figure, you can refinance to lower your mortgage rate and cash in on your home equity. Personal loans and asset management services are available in most states. The company also provides cap table management and digital fund services for institutions. It does not offer home loans for purchasing a property.
Figure offers a streamlined HELOC approval process that lets you close in as little as five days. Availability is somewhat limited by geography and home type, but it could be a good fit if you prefer online lending services.
- Short closing time
- Quick approvals
- Online application
- Not all properties are eligible
- Not available in all states
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Figure?
Figure is an online lender that specializes in mortgage refinancing and home equity lines of credit. Unlike traditional lenders, the company uses blockchain technology to record, process and store loan application data. Its application process requires minimal borrower input; the company collects W-2 forms, bank statements and pay stocks online. Because the application is online and it collects many important forms itself, it can approve applications within just a few minutes.
Figure lending services
Figure works by providing mortgage refinance loans and home equity lines to individual and joint borrowers. Refinancing is exclusively for single-family homes and townhouses borrowers maintain as primary residences. It also offers first and subordinate liens, meaning you can still get a HELOC even if your home is already paid off.
You can apply for more than one loan, but the total loan amount is limited to $250,000 per borrower and $250,000 per property. The financial products below are serviced by Figure or approved sub-servicers.
- Home equity line: Up to $250,000 with the option to redraw up to 100%. Select from five-year to 30-year fixed term options.
- Cash-out refinance: Up to $500,000 with custom rates and payment options. Available in 15-year and 30-year terms.
- Jumbo refinance: Up to $1,500,000 (maximum 80% the home’s value). Available with a 30-year term.
- Personal loan: Up to $50,000. Multiple terms are available with competitive fixed rates.
Figure HELOC requirements
In most states, Figure requires a minimum credit score of 620 (720 in Oklahoma) to qualify for a home equity line of credit. Applicants also need a higher credit score of at least 680 for investment properties. Eligible applicants must also have a verifiable employment history.
Its application and processing are fully streamlined. This lets Figure approve home equity lines of credit within a few minutes and lets homeowners close in as few as five days. In some areas, the company also provides video notary services in some states.
Minimum lines of credit start at $15,000 in most states ($25,001 in Alaska and Wisconsin). Depending on your credit score, the loan limits for terms over five, 10 and 30 years are as follows.
|FICO score||Loan limit|
|620 to 679||$75,000|
|680 to 759||$150,000|
Figure mortgage refinancing requirements
To refinance a conforming loan, Figure requires applicants have a minimum FICO score of 620. A score of 700 is required for jumbo loans. For a cash-out refinance, you can borrow up to 75% of your home’s value ($1,000,000 maximum). With a rate refinance, you can get up to 80% of your home’s value ($1,500,000 maximum).
You can fill out the quick application to see your estimated refinancing rates. If you decide to borrow from Figure, you’ll have to fill out a more comprehensive form that requires a credit check. You will likely also need a home appraisal.
The refinancing application takes longer to process, but most applicants get a decision in less than a month. Though the application process is entirely online, you may be required to attend an in-person closing. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Figure rates and fees
As of publishing, APRs start at 2.49% for home equity lines. However, your credit, combined loan-to-value ratio, loan term, occupancy status and other factors affect the actual rate you qualify for. You should fill out an online application for the most accurate rate estimates.
We like that Figure doesn’t charge maintenance fees or prepayment penalties. Depending on the county you live in, you might have to pay a release-recording fee up to $105. Like most lenders, Figure charges origination, appraisal, title and settlement fees, which vary based on terms and location.
In some states, you can pay a higher origination fee in exchange for a lower APR. Figure also offers discounts to reduce your APR rate. You can get a 0.25% rate reduction for enrolling in autopay and a 0.50% APR rate reduction for opting into a Quorum Federal Credit Union membership.
- Are Figure’s services available online only?
- Figure’s mortgage refinance and loan applications are exclusively online. However, most states require in-person closing for mortgage refinancing. For HELOC closings, online video notary sessions are available in some locations.
- Does Figure do mortgage refinancing in every state?
- Figure offers both rate and cash-out refinancing in the following states: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
- Where does Figure offer home equity lines of credit?
- Figure offers home equity lines in Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Where are Figure personal loans available?
- Figure offers personal loans in most states. However, the company does not offer personal loan services in New York, Illinois, Mississippi or Oklahoma.
Is Figure a good loan company?
We like that the fully online services allow for rapid loan approvals and closing times. Figure is a good loan company for homeowners with single-family homes or townhouses who want to refinance their mortgage or access a line of credit. It's not a good choice for those who own multifamily properties, investment properties, second homes or homes as part of an LLC or trust. If you need to reduce your mortgage rate or pull cash from your home quickly, Figure might be a good fit.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Figure Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.