Wells Fargo Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wells Fargo bought my mortgage several years ago, without seeing the property. I then refinanced with them two more times to lower my payment, again without any appraisals or anyone physically coming to the home to look at it or paying any closing costs or fees. Now I'm attempting to refi again and I have to jump through hoops. First they demanded an appraisal, which I paid $500 through a company they insisted I use. Then they start telling me because it is a manufactured home (which they knew it was when they purchased my mortgage to begin with and I have that in writing) I can't refi the way they originally wanted to refi.

Now they want my husband to sign a paper saying he has no financial interest in an apartment complex he lived in before we ever meet over 20 years ago and we have to get it notarized plus they want something in writing saying he works for the company that we just provided the last two pay stubs for. I could go on but as of today I'm am finished with Wells Fargo. I feel like I need to get out now while I am only $500 out of pocket so far. I will be actively looking for someone else to refi my home with.

Thieves, bunch of Thieves. Don't get involved. Paid 660k for house. Refi house at 585 in 2010. Did appraisal to get rid of PMI of 500/month. Appraisal come in at 550k in 2013. Only person in America whose house decreased in value from 2010 to 2013. Anyways, reason for complaint, trying to get rid of PMI, have to use their Appraiser, $550 cost, average in this area. Have to use their vendor, roughly 80% increase over market. So, so, so, sad. Really sad, really sad. Called, you know how that goes, can't talk to anyone, no phone number. Just wanted to know justification for the Nordstrom's prices. Especially since the last one that came was (not try to be mean or swear), but really, really, really bad. Don't refi with these guys, you will never get rid of your PMI. If you owe $2.00, you pay PMI!!!

I was with ASC and Wells Fargo took over and my life with this company is a living hell. They threaten to take my house from me because I was late with payments and I became real ill and is going through chemo, so I filed bankruptcy and they still kept threatening me. I made additional payments to them and is still be threatened by this company. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone because this company is terrible.

Wells Fargo Home Preservation is a farce!! Forget a modification. I have owned my home for about 4 years with Wells Fargo. I became disabled and started lagging behind in my payments and then would catch up but this last time was very bad. I became 5 months behind and they filed for foreclosure on my home. Meanwhile, I have been trying to get a home loan modification for the past year and each time it has been a crock of doo doo. There are always excuses and underwriting always comes back with different excuses as to why I should not get a modification or I am never qualified enough for one.

My first request for a home modification was denied and my credit became so bad from the mortgage being reported on my credit that I couldn't apply for a second mortgage. Wells Fargo is HEARTLESS. They say they want to help prevent foreclosure but they really don't. They tie you up so that you have nothing else to do but wait till you get thrown out on your tush. Forget WELLS FARGO. They are heartless!!!

While having trouble paying our mortgage with Wells Fargo, we reached out to the home preservation department and at first the experience seemed to go well. We applied for a deed in lieu of foreclosure on our mortgage and was approved. We were elated and followed all the steps laid out for us in the paperwork to a T. My husband and I are very diligent with paperwork and we save everything. We were able to get in touch with our home preservation specialist when we needed her only for a short time before she stopped answering our calls. We received NO communication for a long period of time even though we were emailing and calling and leaving messages. Nothing returned until, miraculously too late.

In the original approval letter they promised us $10,000 in relocation assistance and payment up to $12,000 on our second mortgage. They said our paperwork wasn't up to date and we have proof of faxing and emailing which they never checked their system because they eventually said they had it, again conveniently when the relocation assistance deadline was up ONE day later, again to no fault of our own. They then kicked us out of the program. We refiled and again they accepted but without the relocation assistance and still NO communication from them despite many calls and emails begging for communication.

We removed our family from our home of 12 years 2 weeks before Christmas as requested and were told finally after many attempts to contact ANYONE, by the dept. supervisor Shane (a very rude, and callous individual) that it was our fault we didn't have paperwork on time (which we have documentation that we did). It then had to be reviewed by the "processing dept" which later denied our needs. Shane said very rudely to us and our attorney that we could appeal but nothing will change. Basically Wells Fargo employees are rude and have very little education and communication skills and there absolutely no rhyme or reason to their decisions. We have complied with everything they asked of us and more and we got the short end of a very rude stick.

While this was all happening I was doing my own research to find that our contract was dragged out as many times as it did to NOT include the relocation assistance again conveniently missing by one day and also the vacate date changed to January of 2017 to not be included in the debt forgiveness act of 2007 that was up in Dec 2016. To which this information I found to be very "coincidental" to say the least. We are now out of our home with our two children right before Christmas and got two very rude and incompetent individuals that fed us the wrong information and NO communication which led to the deal collapsing. Now we are forced to foreclose on our home instead of working things out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I paid off two people's mortgages. First one Wells Fargo kept the payoff amount sent and is still requiring payments be made for the person to keep their property. The second one Wells Fargo kept the payment sent in response to a demand notice sent then put a 5 day notice before illegally selling the home at auction. I have sent all the records to the CFBB and the OCC that prove this really happened.

Was preapproved for home loan, made offer on house. Everything getting ready to go to closing and now the guy at Wells Fargo saying “Maybe a wash because we don't know where you got your down payment and closing cost from!” No no no dude! Number not really your business. The money is in my acct and ready to close! Why give me a preapproval, go buy a house, now letter and then start giving me crap and causing stress, headaches, and acting like you're backing out on the preapproved loan? Not like it's that much of a loan, plus paying 1/3 down and the house is valued at three times the agreed buying price. And I have 80% of my house packed in boxes ready to load up the U-haul! How can they do preapproval and then start this other crap???

First let me say that unfortunately I am still dealing with them trying to get my refinance completed that started over 3 months ago. I wish I knew then what I do now and I would have never started this. These are the most unqualified, unprofessional, incompetent people I have ever dealt with. I have submitted close to 100 documents, several of them twice, have paid several thousand dollars for inspections, appraisals, insurance and other misc items and still haven't met their requirements. Every week they ask for something different. I have sent numerous emails asking for explanations and can never get an answer, just an email telling me to look at my loan tracker.

Now since it has been over 90 days. They are telling me I owe another loan lock fee and that my termite inspection is expired and I have to get another one. Water samples, certified installer letter, which I have contacted the VA about to get the answers I needed since WF's highly qualified and excellent customer service personnel can’t or won’t answer. All this and my loan still hasn't been approved. That will be the next issue I am sure.

My elderly parents retired in Florida and prior to moving there, they refinanced their primary home in New Jersey to purchase a second home in Florida. Through the course of 5 yrs, they were able to secure 3 or 4 concurring mortgages with Wells Fargo on property in Florida including 2 condos based on a limited combined income of 2800.00 a month. Mortgages were based on condo communities in beginning stages of construction and mortgages were dependent on rental income. My parents ended up having to sell everything, short sale and foreclose on all 3 Florida properties and remained with 2 home equities exceeding totals of 250k... I believe there were false or incomplete information used by underwriter to ensure these mortgages were approved even false signatures.

I think it is a disgrace that ELDER ABUSE PROTOCOL policies were not RECOGNIZED and complaints filed by any employee of WELLS FARGO and that the personal bankers at the time did not have their customers financial interest at heart rather than just meeting their personal goals. Wells Fargo did my parents and family a great disservice as those funds spent getting back on their feet was for their retirement that became uncomfortable and challenging for the rest of the family as illness could not be taken care of to the best as would have been if they were denied these purchases.

I read a motto from the CEO of Wells Fargo and I am really upset. My current situation is dealing with inadequate customer service. I am not naive to believe that my complaint went to the highest level. I was told it was and I was also told the calls were reviewed. Crazy! If they were reviewed, I believe that it would have at least been an attempt to correct their mistake. Here is something I posted on Wells Fargo Mortgage Facebook page after reading the CEO's motto:

If this is so, then I am really upset. I am dumbfounded to believe the person I have been speaking with about my mortgage is sympathetic. I have had nothing but profound distrust and dislike of Wells Fargo. I literally refer to WF as Wells Fartgo. No typo there. I would love to reach out and have someone refer my account at the highest level. Money was attempted taken out of my account 3 times after waiting 4 days to take the money out. I rely on prompt service when I make a payment. I had paid some other bills thinking my mortgage was taken out of my account but no it had not and my checking account had 3 attempts without a phone call or email about it... Instead, the money was attempted to be withdrawn 3 times causing $90 in service fees.

I had asked someone to look into this matter and according to the person I spoke to, they did and ruled against me. I asked that my service fees be returned and the late fee be waived. I am already late with my mortgage payment again due to the $90. I am not working because I am having health problems. I would like to make sure this never happens again and that I can at least get $90 credited back to my checking account or a credit on my mortgage account. I have not been happy with service ever with WF. I will send you a pm of contact number and property address. Thank you!!

We had a bad hail storm during the Spring which resulted in many homes receiving damage. I didn't physically see much except my shutters were destroyed. In July while talking with a neighbor he pointed out that my roof should be looked at for damage. I contacted my insurance company who in turn got someone out in August to look at it and it was confirmed damage to roof, shutters, screens, sideboard, garage and fence. Of course you have the $1800 deductible but with what the insurance offered and my $1800 I was able to get the roof and shutters, screens and side board replaced/repaired. Lucky for me the garage door damage is not seen from the street at all. The back fence was semi fixed to hold in the dogs and therefore not a major issue until such time as I can gather additional funds to fix the remaining items.

Of course Wells Fargo was notified and I appealed to their department to release funds so I could get the roof repaired. They did and have called me every 45 days to follow up. According to the insurance company and Wells I have 1 year from date of claim to repair the items. Since my claim, I have received letters from Wells stating that my home is vacant. I have responded via mail and twice by phone that the information is wrong. I brought it up to the property loss department which calls every 45 days, they didn't know what I was talking about. There was nothing in the file. Finally I get a letter that an investigator came by (during the week, during the day) and noted the home is vacant and therefore they will begin preservation of property, changing locks, etc. I became livid. Seriously, I work 7-6 Monday through Friday, had I know someone was "driving by", I would have gladly opened the door and waved.

I then called the number on the letter which I got someone who did nothing but made a "claim". That is what got me in this mess to begin with. I then wrote them, faxed them electricity bills, water bills, phone bills, pest control bills. I took photos of the roof being done, photos of the home and then I faxed saying I want the "investigator" fired. He obviously didn't even step out of the car. If he had, the 3 dogs, two inside and one outside would have been barking. Notice the trash can on that day was on the street and had been picked up and dumped. My grass is shorter than either of my neighbors. I asked exactly what do you want for me to prove the house is not vacant? Photo of dirty dishes, photo of me carrying out trash? Photo of dirty laundry? Photo of new toilets? I showed the photos to co-workers I was told maybe Christmas lights... I said they aren't paying for them. They don't put them up and they don't pay the light bill.

After I sent the fax with documentation I got a call. I was told they had no idea why someone would say it was vacant when it wasn't. I again stressed I want that person fired. Why pay someone for something they aren't doing. Further I am so stressed out from trying to prove to Wells the home is not vacant. Go ahead. Try to change the lock. Watch the dogs attack you. Hear the alarm go off. Be met with a shotgun at the door. I was told he would prepare a resolution for this issue and he would contact the contractor they hired to investigate. I asked if he had photos, nope, he had nothing other than the written word that the home was vacant. Well that's enough to say, it's a lie. They did not do their job and that is grounds for dismissal. Bring this in with the issue that my work, only uses this bank for its out of town office told accounting that in order to cash a petty cash check the employee has to be a signer on the account.

Well that did not go over very well. Our turnover, we would be signing and removing often. Our other banks don't have that policy. After numerous calls and complaints she was told the clerk made up the policy. Two very different instances, two "employees" not doing their job and further lying out right. This goes hand in hand with the published issues of them opening up bogus accounts - lying as well. Very disappointed with this company - I don't recommend it for any reason. I would literally walk away from a sale if they informed me Wells Fargo is who they use. My rating would actually be well below one, but they didn't offer that for the review.

Just look at all the complaints against them. Homeowners are losing their homes with these criminals.. They lie, they steal, and they don't want to modify anyone's mortgage. Instead all they want to do is steal their homes.. This is a Nationwide epidemic. We have complained on this site and nothing has been done to stop Wells Fargo. They need to be shut down and sent to jail for felonies.. Does everyone in this site see that? We all need to sue them with a class action. Who wants to start one or is there one going where we can be a part of? Let them Pay... Let them be homeless. They don't care if we had hardship. They lie about the whole process... They don't even have ownership of the signed endorsements or original notes. They are only illegally servicing these loans and have no mercy!!! Someone help all these homeowners and us!

I asked for an email address for more than 9 months in trying to resolve my mortgage issue ~ filed with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ~ and never was able to get one. The phone tree to get to somebody (always different - even though that was one of the things they agreed to - the same person) and I am in tears just thinking about how punishing the experience has been ending with Wells Fargo using some other company to post a notice that they were selling our home (for more than $200K less) and then all these other private contractors a 3 day notice to leave (at Thanksgiving). Run, don't walk, away from this company. My experience with my local bank is an absolute pleasure - I can reach the same person always. Wells Fargo should be out of business.

Wells Fargo increased my Home Mortgage with more than $120 per month without explaining why or noticing me. When I confronted them about it, they started to argue with me and refuse to correct their actions. They start charging me more than $120 per month on the amount that was agreed upon by contract! This seems unlawful and unethical!!

After requesting loan modification and sent W2 child support court order, pay-stub and proving that mortgage payment is higher than 30% of my gross income they denied loan modification arguing there is no evidence to loan modification, but instead they insisted on a refinance, of course to gain profit of closing cost. Now I been receiving regularly phone calls from them. After numerous fax papers of all kinds tax income, pay-stubs, the answer is the same, "We can not do anything for you." Maybe a lawyer would get a response because they reject it. Do not waste your time with these people. Do not waste your time with Home preservation Wells Fargo. It is a farce.

As a residential home Seller, I am submitting this review of Wells Fargo and their Appraiser of choice in this particular transaction. In 2014 I placed my home in NJ on the market for sale at an asking price of $369k (an end unit townhouse in Branchburg, NJ). The Buyer offered nearly 100% of the asking price ($365k) and used Wells Fargo as her lender. The Appraiser assigned by W.F. (Kobi Group) committed numerous serious errors in the written appraisal report. In two letters addressed to the Wells Fargo CEO, I outlined the issues with indisputable facts (i.e.: upgrade receipts + before & after photos) that proved the Appraiser was apparently not objectively and honestly fulfilling here duties in compliance with USPA guidelines and the Scope of Work Rule.

In fact, both the Buyers and my attorneys as well as both Real Estate agents were shocked and puzzled over the glaring inconsistencies in the appraisal report. (My agent stated, "This doesn't even look like she appraised 'your' property!") Using before & after work-in-progress photos + a stack of contractor invoices and sales receipts, I had documented (in an Excel spread sheet) all property upgrades made between 2013 & 2014.

The MLS listing also enumerated in detail the upgrades made to the subject property. But, in this case the Appraiser ignored all presented documented evidence and chose to make her own erroneous claims, which dragged the appraised value down by a whopping $30,000. This was perceived for whatever reason, to be a deliberate attempt to low ball a home's value.

Why the appeal? Below is an excerpt from my agent’s note to the buyer’s agent. The facts are solidly indisputable (My own FACT-based notes to my agent are parenthetically incorporated): “In looking at her comps I wonder why she picked the ones she did as opposed to some of the higher ones attached. Some other things I noticed that were completely incorrect:”

"- She indicated in spots that the trend was declining and others stable. FACT: No mention of the trend that you and I see which is increasing. (FACT... According to a host of websites that I personally vetted, including Zillow, Trulia and others, they all indicated rising prices. In fact, just this past Saturday (4/11) I received an alert from Zillow stating the forecast for 20 Delaware is $367,000+)."
- Demand supply is being called stable. Do you agree with that. I see it as increasing?
- Floors, Hardwood Average. FACT: They are less than 2 years old, rare and can't even be purchased anymore. (FACT: I invested more than $8,000 in new ¾” Brazilian Teak hardwood flooring throughout the main level and top grade plush carpeting upstairs; and, I furnished invoices + photos).
- Kitchen updated 6 to 10 years ago, FACT: was updated less than 2 years ago - counters, appliances, etc. (FACT: I invested nearly $5,000 on new S.S. appliances incl. Whirlpool Refrigerator, GE Profile oven, GE microwave, Braun hood, Whirlpool washer & Dryer; installed ceramic backsplash to matching granite counter).
- Bathrooms updated 6 to 10 years ago, FACT: master was updated less than 2 years ago and so was powder room. (FACT: I invested in a complete remodeling of master bathroom including ceramic tile on floors and two half walls, new plumbing fixtures and vanity).
- Depreciation for normal wear and tear. FACT: There isn't any wear and tear other that the hall bath upstairs.
- FACT: Upstairs flooring is also less than 2 years old.
- FACT: Tax assessor 1731 sq ft. Appraiser got 1585 sq ft.
- Periodic upgrade and update… FACT: they don't account for the massive facelift it had since he purchased it last.

- When he purchased it the basement was not upgraded… FACT: he even upgraded that. (FACT: I invested in a complete remodeling including sheet-rock ceiling, new recessed lighting and carpeting + possible 3rd bedroom floating flooring)."

“Those are a few things that stood out. Quite honestly I wonder if she had the right unit in mind while doing the appraisal. Perhaps you can take a look at this, add to it anything I may have missed and share it with her banker. I feel like it wasn't appraised properly and wonder how familiar this appraiser is with Branchburg. “

In addition to the above, by happenstance a re-fi appraisal conducted by Wells Fargo was done for another 2-bedroom townhouse immediately across the street from my unit. This was an interior unit (not an updated end unit as is my property). The appraised value was $375,000. (FACT: the appraisal was presented to Kobi Group, but apparently ignored). The end unit to that structure which sold last October, was listed at $379,000 and sold for $375,000.)

I would like to add, in reviewing the USPAP website I learned a few things about potential USPAP violations. I’m sure you and your legal department are infinitely aware of the implications of non-compliance with these government guidelines, but I find the fourth bullet (“Performing an assignment in a grossly negligent manner”) of particular interest as noted on www.refermyappraisalcomplaint.asc.gov.

I’ve also familiarized myself with “The Scope of Work Rule” (www.en.m.wikipedia.org). “At the onset of an assignment, an appraiser is obligated to gather certain specified preliminary data about the project, such as the nature of the property to be appraised, the basis of value (e.g. market, investment, impaired, unimpaired) the interests appraised (e.g. fee, partial), important assumptions or hypothetical conditions, and the effective date of the valuation. Based on this and other key information, the appraiser relies on peer-reviewed methodology to formulate an acceptable work-plan.”

Given the facts as noted above, do you believe the subject appraisal is a valid and fact-based one? If you were in my shoes, how would you feel if you lost a significant sum of money through this sort of reckless behavior? In the end, the buyer knew there was substantial intrinsic value in the property, and she contributed an additional $16,000, making the SP $352,000. However, I still lost $13,000 at the hands of Kobi Group, who apparently failed to exercise simple logic in fulfilling an obligation in complying with “The Scope of Work Rule.”

At the end of the day, full well knowing patently false claims were made, this Appraiser held her ground and flat out refused to correct the false assertions. On more occasions than I can now count, in the interest of "consumer privacy," Wells Fargo insisted they could not discuss the 'account' with me. I made it clear I wasn't interested in discussing the account, but rather the actual 'appraisal' that was conducted while I still owned the property. Sadly, following several attempts over a protracted period of time requesting cooperation from the Buyer, this individual refused to provide written permission to allow me to open a dialogue with W.F. However, the Buyer did pony up an additional $16,000 for settlement, but unfortunately I was still left with a loss of 13,000 as a result of the Kobi Group, since the appraisal was submitted for $336,000.

Anyone seeking to sell their home, I would take caution in either avoiding a Buyer’s use of Wells Fargo, or inquire ahead of time as to who will be conducting the appraisal. If Wells Fargo is set in stone as the lender, an alternative option may be to offer an out of pocket appraisal if the Buyer agrees to use the Seller's Appraiser of choice.

Having discussed the matter with two attorneys, it was determined that given the preponderance of evidence, I in fact had a strong case, but my legal fees would have outpaced the possible gain (i.e.: my loss of $13,000). I only hope no one else gets hoodwinked by these nefarious business tactics of low balling home values.

My wife's and my entire mortgage loan application (including our social security numbers) were emailed to a wrong email address. Even though on every Wells Fargo email it says, "This email was sent to you as an unsecured message. It is not intended for confidential or sensitive information. If you cannot respond to this email securely, please do not include your social security number, account number, or any other personal or financial information in the content of the email."

Got a hold of Wells Fargo after 3 days after my complaint. They did not apologize, or tell us steps we should take to help prevent identities from being stolen. They didn't not wave any closing cost, or even offer their credit monitoring for free. We got "All of your loan items are going to the correct email." It was emails I was sending that were incorrect. I understand mistakes will happen by people, I just think the company that the mistake was made by should do more to correct the mistake. If I thought I could go through another company and still make the closing date I would. But, I can at least tell everyone I know and the people reading this review any other bank besides Wells Fargo for home loans.

I let my insurance lapse and WF sent me a letter about it. I bought new insurance right then and had the policy info faxed to them. They sent another letter later on saying I needed a policy so I went online and filled out all the required info. The page noted that it would be two days before it was looked at. Now they sent me a letter stating they had bought insurance for me since it required that they have. All of the above started back in July of 2016 and it is now November 22.

I sold my home and property to a young man the 1st of Sept 2016. I advised him to go to Wells Fargo for financing. What a mistake, this is the 18 of Nov and it just went to the underwriters almost 2 weeks ago. I have bought something else and I want to move. They are just too incompetent. No wonder they are in trouble.

Updated 12/01/2016: Well now going into my 4th month waiting for a closing date to close on my property. I am being held in limbo by this incompetent mortgage company. I gave the young buyer my word but I am still making payments. This is not acceptable and I don't know what to do. I feel as though I am being held hostage.

My husband and I bought our house 2 1/2 years or so ago and the bank we closed with sold our mortgage to Wells Fargo. We were fine with it up until we decided to refinance our house. We decided to just go with Wells Fargo since they already have our mortgage. My husband called and filled out the initial application in late August to very early September. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, was told everything was looking great, no problems could be seen, so we had $510 taken out of our bank, which we bank elsewhere, to pay for the appraisal. It appraised higher than we needed and so everything was looking up. They wound up denying everything and said we had to include my income, so I gave all of my information and denied again after going through so much hell with these guys!

We got to spend two months of our lives constantly sending documents and making calls over and over again just trying to get answers out of their people. It was a circus and treated us like we were lying about our incomes and constantly called our employers as if they were lying, it was embarrassing! It's not our first property bought and never endured such a thing! So we went elsewhere and closed on our house with another bank and closed in less than 30 days with no runaround and no harassment to our employers. I would never recommend Wells Fargo to anyone! Do yourself a favor and save yourself $510 and keep yourself away from the nightmare we endured!

I am the Realtor selling a property to a buyer using Wells Fargo for their mortgage. My 1st conversation included being told the buyer had "stellar" credit. I have since learned that my buyer has quite a bit of business with Wells Fargo. This has been a nightmare of poor communication and not getting things accomplished in a timely manner. Requesting information not required other places and then yelling that it is the "new Federal regulations" rather than trying to resolve their challenges which they act as though are the fault of the parties to the contract. I was even asked to sign/initial for a party to the contract. Unbelievable. In the future, I will advise clients not to accept a contract from someone whose is using Wells Fargo. I know smaller firms do a better job.

My current objection to Wells is that, without any notice at all, they have stopped enclosing a return envelope with my mortgage payment invoice. How cheap and disrespectful, at the same time. It is important to note that I would never seek a mortgage from that awful company. It purchased my mortgage from the bank I originally dealt with. In every banking relationship I have had with them as a volunteer or leader with various nonprofit organizations, Wells has consistently failed to do what they said they would do. Every time I need something done it takes multiple visits before the simple action needed on their part comes to pass. Their customer service manners are excellent, but their actual banking is, in my experience, 100% sub par.

I had a mortgage (@ 7.75% interest) with WF for many years. They refused to refinance it for me at a lower rate. I just closed on refinancing with a different company to get the interest rate down. During the process, I found out that they did not apply the payments that were made appropriately. The first three payments went 100% to interest - zero to the principal. Many times over the life of the loan, they did the same thing. I don't understand how they can do this. They offer no reason and I don't know what recourse I have. There were other things things that they did that were questionable. How can they get away with doing things like this? It never occurred to me to question how the payments were being applied.

My original loan was bought by these jerks Wells Fargo. I was stricken with cancer and fell behind on my mortgage. I was able with help to get the money to catch my mortgage up. I spoke with a reps and ask him 3 times if I send this money in will it bring my mortgage up to date and not go into foreclosure. He told me everything would be good as long as I caught it up, so I sent the money via Western Union. A few days later I got a foreclosure notice on my home of 8yrs. I was out of thousands of dollars that they kept of course and they tacked on about 20,000 in fees saying my money was going towards the foreclosure fees. Please stay away from these snakes. This co. should be shut down. They are predators.

We filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Sep 2011. Court documents for Chapter 13 Schedule D lists Direct Payments, under this was our Car payment, 1st Mortgage with Wells Fargo and 2nd Mortgage with WF. They had set amounts of payments for each item. 2nd mortgage was set at $275 a month, so we are paying all 3 the amounts set except the 2nd mortgage they are billing a higher amount each month. So we pay some but settle into $275. Now they charge off the account in Jan 2013, 15 months later. Anyway 275 times 15 is $4,125.00. They sent us upon our demands all payments for that account. It was a lot of paper, but I added up from Oct 2011 to Dec 2012, we paid $4,105.00 a grand difference of $20. The bill in January was for $720 but this bill was sent after they CHARGED OFF THE ACCOUNT. We never were notified that they CHARGED IT OFF.

We finished Chapter 13 in Sep 2016. We started refinance steps because 1st Mortgage is 9%. They have reported the 2nd mortgage 2 different ways overdue $3,301 to Equifax and overdue $0 to Transunion, which is it... So we inquire about this in person at a local place, no help. We call customer service no help. We have communicated via phone, fax and letters since Aug 2016 no less than 60 times. We get calls during the week asking for 2 more weeks followed by letters. I have talked or communicated with every section of Wells Fargo, Home Lending, Home Mortgage, Customer Satisfaction, Home Equity, Consumer Disputes and even sent and email to Board of Directors. We filed with FDIC who forwarded it to Consumer Reports.

Now get this... even though I am basically getting calls and numerous letters daily and we filed the Consumer Reports complaint, we did that, they closed it saying unable to get AUTHORIZATION from CONSUMER. Are you kidding me. They know they screwed up bad: Ignored Federal Court ordered payment of $275. Charged off account with no real cause. No notification of Charged off as required by law. No Collections, foreclosure so, late notifications, past due notices, nothing. We asked for payment bills every month for last 5 months get nothing. I have talked to 13 different people at Wells Fargo and they all say the same thing.

We just got 3 more letters yesterday the 4th of November and one of them also contained a copy of a letter from 23 Aug. I got that already. We asked for loan documentation with signatures and got a big Manila envelope with crap about our 1st Mortgage and most of it is Allstate insurance junk. They sent our Social Security numbers using public mail, they did redact it, so now someone might have those... This comedy show continues. In the meantime we cannot refinance until this is fixed. 9% to a VA loan of 3% would save us $1,100 a month. They have dragged this for 5 months, $5,500 wasted... I got a lawyer looking into it now and I refiled my complaint calling BS on the first one's response...

I lost the house under Wells Fargo. They extended the modification review for one day only, and said that I did not qualify for anything. I went into foreclosure and until now, (7 yrs), they still show that I owe the bank the whole balance. I called and I have not received a response yet. They still haven't zero the balance and it is affecting my FICO score. They took the house and I still have to fight to recover myself from losing my house and the FICO score.

We fell back on our mortgage payments in June 2014 & at the time my husband called to make a payment, Wells Fargo ("WF") refused his payment indicating we were behind by $18,000 & needed to submit the full amount and was transferred in typical WF form to the "Home Preservation Department" who indicated we were out of options. Fast forward to now, our mortgage is now in foreclosure and multiple attempts to add the defaulted amount onto the loan with WF have failed.

The joke is that WF denied our recent application for refinance indicating "Program Name; Proprietary Fixed-Rate Modification: At this time, you do not meet the requirement of this program because: Based on the documentation you provided, your current financial situation shows that you have the ability to make your mortgage payment." We didn't ask for a payment modification! We simply wanted to resume making our mortgage payments and working something out with WF for the back due amount. To make a long story short, I lost my job in Feb 2014 & at the time we couldn't afford or payments. It's obvious that we can now but instead of taking our money, WF will auction off our home of 13 years where we've raised our two daughters, on December 2nd displacing a family of four in the pricey San Diego market.

I am unable to work due to an ongoing illness & a move at this moment is unthinkable. My daughter is a junior in high school & in order to keep her at the school she's happy in, we'll have to move to a neighborhood in that school zone that's unaffordable. WF has been the worse mortgage company I've ever dealt with! The Home Preservation Specialist Adam ** indicated that another option would be for us to liquidate & with our daughter attending college full-time, driving a vehicle that's been repaired constantly and is on its last limb, we don't own any real assets! WF is a joke!

I am an active duty military member with a VA Loan held by Wells Fargo. In August of 2016 I began the process of refinancing to a lower rate. The Wells Fargo representative I worked with (866-235-8693) laid out the steps very clearly. To summarize: First the application, then approval, then appraisal, then closing. I was hesitant to agree to the nearly $500 upfront appraisal fee but she insisted it would be refunded should the refinance application not be approved at underwriting. Wells Fargo charged my credit card for the appraisal and two weeks later the refi came back from underwriting disapproved due to the home not being my primary residence. This alone is acceptable and understandable. But, what in what can only be described as outrageous and a clearly poor business practice, Wells Fargo ordered the appraisal before the application was approved.

Wells Fargo now refuses to refund my appraisal fee because "it's not their policy". The issue is with the representative stating up front on a recorded line that the fee would be refunded should the application be disapproved. After multiple calls escalating the issue up the chain the issue has not been resolved. They refuse to do the right thing. There is good reason for their reputation to be in the garbage and I should not have been surprised by their unethical practices given recent news reporting and the termination of their CEO due to documented theft and fraud of unsuspecting customers. Wells Fargo only cares about their bottom line and cares absolutely nothing for the customer. I am appalled by their actions and will be sure to take my TWO separate real estate loans to another company so they can pay a whole lot more than $500 to get them back. Stay well clear of this fraudulent and unethical company.

Just spoke with someone recently and told them that my late payments would be sent to them. They agreed and received the notice a few days later that it was sent for foreclosure with resulting attorney fees tacked on, of course... Thanks for your help, WF.

Have been trying to get a payoff amount from WF for three months. That was just 60 days after, the we inherited the home. They say, they will send it in six days. The first time they said that they sent the loan to a foreclosure attorney, saying we had to get the number from him. Finally a week later, he states the loan went back to WF. Second request, said it would be six days. We are waiting - 4 more days.

We are not broke, we have the finances to payoff this reverse mortgage and we have another bank approved loan waiting also for the payoff number, so they can wire the money to WF. And yet WF is so poorly managed that, the person who said she was in charge of our account, has not responded to our request. Her phone voice mail is full. We heard from another person, who was assisting the case person. I totally understand how other WF customers feel. This organization, its executives and mid-managers are responsible to no one. Not Congress, the SEC, or the Justice Department. It pains me that the US government protects these malfeasance actions of WF and its disruptive behavior to the American economy.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Profile