Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.67/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1417 Wells Fargo Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Although the mortgage application process was lengthy, stressful and, at times, personally invasive, it was a worthwhile experience. The only reason I say this, is because my Mortgage Consultant, Brett **, Melbourne, FL, was there for me every step of the way. He is diligent, resourceful, compassionate, and has a great sense of humor. Why is this important? Many times throughout the mortgage process, I wanted to bail and ditch the entire scene, and remain in my apt. for eternity. It was a real struggle for me, to put my entire life savings down on a home, and the decision was almost unbearable: At times, I felt myself unraveling at the seams.

Ultimately, I needed a directional path, as to why I should even attempt this. Mr. ** provided reassurance, personal experience, and was prompt with all his advice and replies. And, since he was in another city, often times offered for me to transfer to another consultant, if more convenient for myself. I chose, however, to retain his services, as it is my nature to remain loyal. Although, as a Wells Fargo customer for 30 years, I feel no loyalty to Wells Fargo or any establishment. Yet, when someone special represents a company or corporation, the lines are blurred and human interaction becomes the key factor. I encourage anyone desiring a mortgage or any major decision in life, to seek out and find the diamond in the rough, and maybe you will learn something of value in the process.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I submitted a written request to Wells Fargo to cancel my autopay because the house was in the process of closing and I wanted it paid out of escrow. Unfortunately, those Wells timely received the request - they did not act on it. I called and faxed a letter after receiving a call from someone saying they had not received the request from me until after the withdrawal date (I had a letter from Wells saying they received my fax 10 days earlier).

Enter Colby. He walked me through the process of getting everything fixed, getting the funds reimbursed (since they were paid through closing) and getting everything handled. He advised me when he would be out of the office, so I would know what to expect in terms of his response time. I appreciated his willingness to go above and beyond. I don't have a great opinion of Wells generally, since they are always in the news for pretty crappy stuff. But this time, I have to give them some props. They got this taken care of... And other lenders with inconsistent information and phones they won't answer could learn something from Colby.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I find that Wells Fargo has done a very good job for me! They came to me to lower my mortgage rate and finance years. My mortgage rate was up over 73/4 and now it is about 31/2 and it was financed for 22 years and after refinance it was brought down to 15 years. In eight more years my house will be paid off.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2019

The bank sent me a letter stating they will no longer allow additional escrow. I already know at the end of the upcoming fiscal year they will tell me I am short and raise my mortgage payment. I'm not sure if this is a new Gov. rule or WFargo just chooses not to accept addition escrow.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I haven't had any issue. I have called the mortgage dept several times about escrow. My questions and request are quickly resolved. Wells Fargo took over the mortgage about a year of being with First Natl. Bank of Douglas.

Original review: May 4, 2019

15 years with this mortgage company, Wells Fargo - I haven't receive any product or any sort of advertising from to response as business relationship, so I have not much to say. However, all I did is keeping my payment on time, except a few credit cards. I think Wells Fargo done a great job on delivery good mortgage rates and availability to fit consumer income on their budget into one piece count.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I started a refinance with Wells Fargo June 3rd 2019 as they are my current mortgage company and thought it would be a smooth process. I submitted all the documentation in a timely manner. They charged $500 for the appraisal over 2 months ago. My rate lock expires 10/3. It is now 9/10 and I cannot get anyone to call me back - the original loan officer I was dealing with I just found out left the company (although it would take him minimum 1 week to respond anyways). I have left messages for his boss and have tried to contact numerous people. No one knows what is going on. They say they will escalate yet still no return phone calls from anyone. At this point I have considered this refinance a waste of my time and am exploring other options through other banks. Wells Fargo will not only lose my current mortgage but I also plan to pull my checking and savings with W.F. as well. I'm done with them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Wells Fargo bases ALL of their decision on "will it make me the money" vs "how much will it cost us". Profit over People model and they actually have a formula. We are to blame. We put up with their abuse, hear my story! I had a disagreement with the HOA of my Condo and stopped paying HOA fees. HOA foreclosed on my condo in Feb 2018. Wells Fargo started reporting MISSED payments after the foreclosure and RUINED my credit. WF allowed the purchaser (a complete stranger to me) use my WF loan for 18 months and only paid when WF threatened foreclosure. They paid just enough to stop the foreclosure and then never paid another payment. WF response to this is that the person had a "right to protect their assets". WHAT? If that was the case you would have made them pay off the loan at the time of the foreclosure auction.

When I complained WF deleted ALL my messages sent via their website and refused to send them to me. I contacted 7 people to try to recover the messages but they all played dumb. When I made a complaint with the Federal Reserve - they told the Fed's that I had hired an attorney - so they closed the case. I NEVER HIRED AN ATTORNEY. They lied. WF disclosed my personal information to someone about my mortgage and they were not even signers on the account and complete strangers. WF refused to foreclose on the property. WF refused to let me turn back over the mortgage that I had over $150,000 in equity to just stop the bad credit reporting. I went from excellent credit to not being able to rent a box on the street.

I filed a complaint with TransUnion and Equifax but Wells Fargo told them that I still owed this money even though the TITLE was in the new owner name. I could not sell it, I could not rent it because I did not own it yet I still had to pay the mortgage? What is wrong with this company? 17 months later the new owner sold the condo and paid off my mortgage. 17 months WF allowed this horrible damage to my credit to continue and they only did so because I filed a complaint. NOT because it was the RIGHT thing to do. WF has a formula that if it cost less to pay an attorney to fight my attorney if I could even afford one, then keep fighting even though WF YOU ARE WRONG! Do the right thing - you may be able to get your customers back instead of them running like the house was on fire.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have several bank accounts with Wells Fargo and have been a customer for longer than I can remember. I requested a “cash out” loan on my residence which is fully paid. I asked for $50,000 on a house they appraised for $450,000. It took 30 days for the underwriter to look at my documents. Some on these had been submitted twice already. I received a list if 15 additional inquiries, it’s more to come. The underwriter had gone over every deposit and check for at least 3 months. The deposits were transfers (if they had bothered to look). The checks were for credit card payments. I found the process to be invasive and offensive.

Spoke to the head of the department and they simply do not care about the customers because they have a large workload. They just cover each other, really sickening. I have financed before and never have I felt so helpless and offended. There are many other banks out there. I should have known that Wells Fargo with a track record of taking advantage of their customers (the opening accounts without customer knowledge) would be a bad experience. I dropped the process. I don’t need the grief!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I am facing financial difficulties and was issued a letter from Wells Fargo, the bank that services my home loan. In order to expedite and prevent my home from going into foreclosure, I contacted the bank and asked them to send me a copy of the letter they previously sent me via standard mail. To my dismay, their emailing process takes longer than sending correspondence via regular mail. I tried explaining to them that timing is crucial in order to prevent anything of this magnitude to happen. They put me on to a manager and to another department, but they still did not send the email, which only takes the push of a button.

Their only concern was to prevent me from giving them a bad review on social media. This is not the first time I have had issues with this bank. They do not go out of their way to help their customers like other similar institutions. My advice people is to research the bank that is going to service your loan before purchasing your home and if Wells Fargo is mentioned RUNNN!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We tried to refinance with Wells Fargo. Everything was fine and there were no issues along the way. Three days prior to closing I noticed online that PMI was on our loan. I asked the loan officer about this and he did not know why either. He eventually emailed me stating Wells Fargo did not accept the appraisal (by a 3rd party they hired) and arbitrarily lowered our home value by $60,000 and we were now required to have PMI. We were never told they didn't accept the appraisal and we were never told about the PMI.

I honestly think they were trying to sneak it past us and hope we signed and didn't notice. There was nothing wrong with the original appraisal and the value was correct - a licensed appraiser completed it and had 5 comps to support the price. This just seems like more shady practices by Wells Fargo to hide fees from the customer. Even the loan officer stated he has never seen anything like this in the 7 years he's worked there. I don't see how this is legal. Everything was done correctly throughout the process and they arbitrarily change it to their benefit at the end without disclosing it to us????

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information