Wells Fargo Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wells Fargo Mortgage company has an absolutely broken business process. Not only did they fleece us by extracting appraisal funds but they had the audacity to only approve a minute percentage of what we are actually qualified for. We have been their customers for 20 plus years bank accounts, charge cards (extra ones too) and two mortgages and were going through a refinance to get cash out as our mortgage is almost paid up! We have never repeat, never missed or delayed a mortgage payment in the past and the income is solid as ever, actually better than when we got the house mortgage.

They wanted to refinance our house for less than 65 percent of value. At the onset it was "oh no problem, we can do 80 percent." Then when it came to a decision they wanted this that and the other and after all that they only wanted to approve less than 65 percent of house value even though our income is now more than when they approved 80 percent of the value. In the future I plan on going to any other company but Wells Fargo for my Mortgage. Oh we closed the charge card and bank accounts there as well. They currently hold the rest of the little remaining mortgage which I intend to pay off soon to be rid of dealings with Wells Fargo. Please do not put yourself in a position where you get fleeced by Wells Fargo Mortgage.

We are closing on our house on 7+ acres in Santa Rosa, CA. We had received seven offers, all considerably over the asking price and selected an all-cash offer (one of 3). We just needed to finish a 2-acre lot line adjustment (selling <2 acres to our neighbors), which had been approved by the county. To complete the lot line adjustment, Wells Fargo insisted on a property appraisal for $700, which of course we had to pay for and which continues to delay our closing. Why would we ever consider Wells Fargo for any loan after this treatment? I also sold all my stock in the company: why would I invest in a company that clearly doesn't care about customer service with so much competition out there?

I have been faithfully paying my mortgage to this company (which I never picked, I was whored off to them), never was late, then I lost my job and wanted to see if they have a mortgage pay option (they keep sending me emails stating THEY DO) - I jumped through hoops for the required paperwork, just to be turned down because - get this - I don't make enough money... Seriously? I am just about to tell them to shove the house where the sun don't shine. There is one option - "if you DO NOT work you can pay just 25 bucks"... so... I just might go on welfare. THIS SUCKS.

Wells Fargo misapplied our mortgage payments and then foreclosed. We have been in the same house for 11 years and never missed a payment because of WF did an auto draft payment that was set up twice a month. My wife looked into a loan modification and we waited to hear something back and never did. I then received "junk mail" from a lawyer saying that they can help stop foreclosures. I threw it away, but it did pique my interest as to why I would get something like that. I looked up my credit report and found out that we were in pre-foreclosure.

My wife, being a former WF SVP for private banking knew the questions to ask. They said that they saw where the funds had come in and that the funds were applied to a dormant checking account (one my wife had to open when she became an employee) but when she left 10 years ago, she took out all of the money. They could not explain why it was going there but they said that they would freeze the foreclosure process. This all happened around Christmas and the New Year time. We called back after the new year only to find out that the person helping us, is no longer with the company. We had to start the process all over again. They repeated everything the 1st person said. They then escalated it to "Executive", which I have no idea as to what that is.

They strung us along saying all the money (5 months worth) was in that account. Nobody was applying it to the mortgage! It wasn't until 5 weeks later; we get a call from our homeowners insurance company saying that they received a letter from the lender saying the house was foreclosed and that there was no need for us to keep the insurance.

We spoke to the "NON-EXECUTIVE" who then said he told us that the house had been foreclosed on. Said he told us that they sent the Foreclosure notice and eviction notice via the US Postal service - NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED. He then told us that everything has been kicked over to 'PREMIER SERVICES' and to contact them. We did, the lawyer will not return our calls. We spoke with the real estate agent representing them, and she said she had the paperwork.

We called again to their lawyer, no answer, but spoke with an office assistant who told us that the 'eviction notice' had been sent via FEDEX. Asked for the tracking number and she didn't give it to us. She said it was delivered on 2 Feb 20107 and left on the front porch, no signature required. DUMB!!! We called FEDEX and did a reverse check to see if anything was delivered to our house and gave them a time frame, not the exact date. FEDEX said nothing has been delivered by them since a package in mid-December (Christmas gift). We also called the post office and they said that they have not delivered anything that had a tracking number.

We called the real estate agent and she made a call. We then received a summons to vacate from the lawyer, USPS - No signature required, but the date on the statement was 17 FEB. Not the one they said they sent in January. Called WF again, and the young lady said there is nothing they can do... "BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE SOME MONEY TO RELOCATE".

SUMMARY - WF never contacted us. Said they tried, but the home phone had been disconnected and we updated our POC info with both cell phones. We did this again during the loan modification request. They do not have one central database. EXECUTIVE said they could not apply our funds because they decided to accelerate the payments and with the late fees, we didn't have enough in that dormant account. Although the first couple of persons we spoke with told us that they would do that.

They never sent any correspondence to notify us. They do not even communicate well with their own departments! Wrongful lawyer documents - should have received the original documents, not ones that were done again... 1 month later! 6 LAWYERS all told us that we have to vacate, we cannot get our house back. Trying to sue WF would be a nightmare!!! All because the COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA sides 99.9% of the time with the lender, even when the lender is wrong!

Personally, I had a potential buyer for my home being financed through Wells Fargo FHA program. I was told by Wells Fargo loan officer it was being denied because septic tank may fail sometime in the future causing the buyer extra expense. The septic tank met the FHA guidelines. It's a sad situation for the buyer after they have paid out over almost $1000.00 in fees. I believe if Franklin R Codel, Senior Executive Vice President of Consumer Lending learned of this heads would roll. I wish I could find his email address, help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I really wish I would have read these reviews before 2011. We started our own business in Spring of 2011 and while getting bank accounts set up at our local Wells Fargo branch a young lady banker suggested they have the home modification department call us maybe they could give us a better rate. So in June a young man calls and I go over our business plan; he said he was blown away. I then presented to his boss a supposed senior VP who was also blown away. They proposed that they reduce our mortgage to only $500 a month for the first year while we are starting our business. We would review it quarterly and put the outstanding balance on the back end of our mortgage. Music to my ears; my bank wants to work with us!

I was told in mid June of 2011 to await the paperwork which should arrive in 3-5 business days. After 2 weeks I call and was told they have been busy and I should get it any day. I call first week of July and say my payment is due but was told not to make it as it would throw off the figures, paperwork arriving soon. In August after many phone calls I was told Justin was no longer there. The Senior VP had also gone awol. But my case was being handled personally by the office manager. Don't do anything and sit tight. This went on despite many many phone calls, letters, etc. I had been a senior executive in IT and was not used to being blanked as the office manager never took my calls.

Finally on December 23, 2011 I got a call from Savannah from the same office asking why I was not making payments! Whenever I called I talked to Joel, same first name, as he was the only one picking up the phone and would relay the office manager's instructions. Savannah talked to Joel who called me in January. He said the deal was off the table and "that was then, this is now".

Finally he called like from a parking lot on a cell phone and said for me to trust him that he was going to save our home? I said "wtf do you mean. We had an agreement." He just said for me to get my paperwork in order. In the end they made me sign a 40 yr. mortgage, attached outstanding interest and increased the loan to the level of when we purchased the home 5 yrs before. The payment is actually $50 more than our previous 25 yrs mortgage loan? Joel told me to pay on it for six months and refinance it. While doing so Wells Fargo trashed my credit so I couldn't refinance the loan. So I'm stuck at the moment, but besides almost losing our home feel lucky after reading some of the other situations on this site.

Trying to get a new loan modification on our home as our interest rate was high and I had lost my job, I contacted our mortgage lender Wells Fargo spoke with a Mr. ** who sent us an application. Mr. **had given us a list of documents needed. We had to pull basically our whole financial history which is normal (we had 60 pages in all that we faxed).

I sent Mr. ** our paperwork ASAP as he said he needed in within 2 days! After I submitted my documents I was told the whole entire process could take up to 30 days although within a week after I submitted our paperwork my husband received a call saying Wells Fargo did an analysis for the area we live and we did not qualify for their program! I did my research prior to sending them my paperwork as there would have been no use in attempting to get a better interest rate if we owed more than the homes were selling for in our area. Just to have some knowledge for ourselves if the homes in our area are selling for less or more than the balance we are paying for our home. In fact two homes on our street just sold for $100K more than we owe! We were thinking we would have a pretty good chance as possibly qualifying.

However it seems as though Wells Fargo did not go by our credit, did not come evaluate our home nor do we think they did an accurate evaluation of our area! We are unsure why they even made us submit paperwork/documents if their ONLY decision was going to based on a analysis of an area and not even an accurate evaluation. Maybe Wells Fargo should do this analysis prior to a person taking the time to gather all their financial history and personal information sending it to them just to be disregarded over Wells Fargo supposed analysis... Which seems pretty inaccurate after seeing two homes on our street sell for the prices they did.

It seems as though the joke was on us to have taken the time to call Wells Fargo, then gather all of the paperwork, then take time to submit the paperwork to them ASAP or at least within that 2 day request! Then only to be rejected over some facts they say they have for a area is not even accurate is a joke to the consumer. I am hoping to have a new job soon and we will definitely retry to look to refinance in the near future but NOT with Wells Fargo.

I do want to say that Wells Fargo seemed legit and with their long reputable history we had high hopes in them. We have had our mortgage with them for over 10 years! Wells Fargo has always treated us fairly until we experienced this bogus and bias reasoning they gave us, and not to even consider the real facts seemed really dishonest and not reputable at all to us. So just a thought if you are considering using Wells Fargo as lender your credit may have nothing to do with being approved for a home. You may also receive a denial depending where your home is located and their bogus analysis of home values in the area.

I have been trying to get a loan modification for over 2 years. In June, 2015, my adjustable rate increased by $1,000. In addition my roommate moved out that same month. By October, 2015, I was no longer able to afford my mortgage payment. I had seen this difficulty coming and long before the rate increased, I applied for a loan modification. After reviewing me for over a year, I was denied.

After the payment increased, I applied again in October 2015. Feb 3, 2016, I was denied again. I appealed the decision and that was also denied due to equity in my home. I was told I had negative NPV. After obtaining an independent appraisal showing I did not have equity, I hired a loan modification company to submit another loan modification application. It was submitted with my increased income, bank statements and profit and loss to support my income. Again, my request was declined. The bank has ignored my current earnings, questioned all my deposits. Then went on to use old tax returns, knowing they would not support my current increase in income. An appeal was also denied. Meanwhile the deadline for HAMP modifications had expired. So I lost my opportunity to get a 2% fixed rate.

While working with another loan modification company, the bank issued a sale date. Then reality really hit. I was truly losing my house. All my efforts to save my home had not stopped the bank from moving forward. I felt terrified of where I would go, knowing my credit is ruined. I have lived in my home 44 years. To think of being evicted by this ruthless bank was the worst! I couldn't sleep nights worrying and began to have health problems.

Finally I had enough. I hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit. After finding a legal technicality in my foreclosure, the sale date was canceled. Finally, I was able to sleep. Even though my battle is far from over, I feel a sense of hope. The bank has violated the Homeowners Bill of Rights with dual tracking and other issues. I am fighting back.

My income has continued to increase with each loan modification request. Still the bank refuses to work with me on an affordable payment. It is clear that I can made a modified payment. Instead I am spending thousands of dollars to hire an attorney and loan modification specialists. It is costly. I should not have had to resort to a lawsuit had I been treated fairly. It is very clear to me after this nightmare experience that Wells Fargo has no intention of helping homeowners. Instead this greedy bank seeks to steal homes. All the while claiming they are helping homeowners.

I spoke to a Loan Officer at Wells Fargo in-depth, prior to our application. I am and self-employed for 3 years, have $0 debt, a credit score of 800, a great income and available down payment. I made sure I obtained all paperwork and requirements prior to submitting our application. I was specifically told Wells Fargo only needs two years of tax returns. In my case, I advised them I would be submitting 2015 & 2016. Our 2016 taxes were all ready to go the first week of January 2017. The Loan Officer approved those two years and input the application. I was pre-approved for a loan amount and put an offer on a house. It was far less than what I was approved for.

During the mortgage process, the underwriting department requested a 4506-T form, which would allow Wells Fargo access to pull a transcript of our taxes from the IRS. That would be no problem, but they now insisted on access to every year dating back to 2012. I disputed the request, was told they do not need those years and was advised to cross them out, initial it and resubmit. I was then told by underwriting that they would not accept my application without access to those extra years. My loan officer did some further investigation and was told Wells Fargo does not need access to more than the two years and, in most cases, does not even pull the transcripts.

No one had any idea why they would not allow me to submit the form with only two years or why the underwriting department refused to change it. I refused to allow them to go on a fishing expedition into my taxes for 5 years. My Loan Officer was at a loss for an explanation. I would never have allowed Wells Fargo to pull my credit under those circumstances. Luckily, I am working with other companies that do not have these requirements of more than two years access. Be warned, you will need to provide Wells Fargo access to at least five years taxes, despite being told you will only need two.

If I had a choice I would not give a star for this bank. I have been banking with Wells Fargo since it was Wachovia. After Wells Fargo took over I stopped banking with them. About a year ago I decided to reopen an account with them... This was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I have always been a stickler for overdraft fees and pride myself on maintaining my accounts. I make sure to go the extra mile to sign up with their alert system, so as to assist in me keeping track of my books and spending. However, despite my best efforts they're always giving me some story as to why my account has been hit with an overdraft fee.

Today I checked my account and 2 charges went in and threw my account -$88.39. I quickly deposited $100 to clear the negative balance. In the evening I decided to check my account again, this time I checked my account and the account was overdrawn by -$58. When I called Wells Fargo, they had the nerve to tell me that they cannot reverse the overdraft fees and I would be getting additional fees if I do not pay the $58. These people charged me overdraft fee for the -$88 and then came back around again and charged me additional overdraft fees despite the fact that I cleared my account earlier in the day of the $88.

This is unfair and unethical business practices, and if this is how Wells Fargo handles their customers then it is sad. This is the height of wickedness and I would definitely not recommend this bank to anyone. To make matters worse their manager was very rude and disrespectful. If Wells Fargo continues to treat their clients in this manner then it's sad to say they won't be around for very long.

So my husband and I went to Wells Fargo to get a loan to buy a house. They pull his credit and say someone will call him. They don't and we get a letter saying denied. We apply with BRAND MORTGAGE and we get approved. Fast forward 1 1/2 years. Wells Freakup buys our mortgage. We pay on time for 5 years. Paying $1,000 every 2 weeks. I get pregnant with twins and we go to try and try to refinance. They tell us and send us a letter saying we have to wait until our balance is $178k. We owed $214k at the time. So we ask what can be done?? A modification is what they say... But we have to be 2 months late to apply. I am like why would we do that?

We just hired an attorney to modify our home because Wells Fargo is trying to foreclose after 90 days late... At the bottom of the letter they sent they state that "if you have to pay someone to modify your home it must be a scam." NO the SCAM is WF trying to steal our home because it has appreciated to over $320k and they want to make the profit and displace us. Also, by there being 3 late payments at this point the credit has been hit and we will not qualify for a lower rate. But do not fear as soon as the lawyer works this out for us and we get our score up. We will be selling and getting our money back out this house and WF can take a hike!

I was a customer of Wells Fargo and had our home financed for 12 yrs. I had to refinance my house, and during the processing of paperwork, Wells Fargo Charged me $500.00 for the Appraisal not once but four times for a total of $2,000.00 and never sent someone to come appraise the home. Wells Fargo made excuses that more paperwork was needed. The paperwork never got completed, they kept my money, never offered a refund for their mistakes. I had to refinance elsewhere. Another issue that occurred, I had a direct deposit each month. When I went to go pay my mortgage payment my money there wasn't enough money to cover the payment. So I got charged for insufficient funds and extra charges. About a week later the extra money appeared in my account. I finally closed my account. But, I would like my $2,000.00 plus interest in return. For extortion and fraud.

After Hurricane Matthew we lost our roof system which lead to loss of all furniture and personal property. We have sent Wells Fargo over 90000.00 in checks for damages. They have only sent us 18,000 out of this amount. Personally we are out of pocket over 40,000 which I have robbed from savings and retirement funds. For the past three weeks they have said they were going to send us a draw for over 48,000 after three weeks. This has not occurred. Only lie after Lie from Wells. I am sure this should not be shocking to other people who have WF as the finance company.

In the next week I will need to find 24000.00 to finish repairs. At that time WF will owe us well over 60,000. Once repairs are done we will re-finance with a replicable finance company. I have called at least once a day for the past two months only to hear lies after lies. The rep indicates a supervisor will call. I have never had a call from Wells Fargo in reference to our loss or damages to our home...

I lost my home to a fire in 2016. It was financed through Wells Fargo. Our home was a total loss. So my insurance company called and verified the payoff amount with Wells Fargo. They then wrote a check for that amount. We mailed that out in April 2016. Here it is Jan of 2017 almost a year since we lost our house and they still have not applied the check to my mortgage. I have been told soooo many things from WF. I have been accused of cashing the check and not using it to make repairs to my house (how do you repair a home that was burnt down to the ground). They needed an inspector to come out (which we have done on a house that isnt there). I have been charged late fees and all other kinds of fees. And the latest is that they are going to foreclose on a house that isnt there. They have charged me taxes on a house that isnt there and insurance.

They decided that since my insurance company no longer provided insurance that they would take it upon themselves to use their insurance at a substantial hike. I have been on the phone with them soooooo many times, been late to work and cried myself to sleep many nights worrying about how am I going to resolve this. They are now saying I owe them five thousand more dollars until I can pay off my home. I dont know what else to do. If I pay how do I know they wont just sit on this check too. They have no compassion for anyone and they are one of the worst companies to work with.

I took out a WF reverse mortgage in 2005 but then got cancer and incurred big credit card bills. I have always kept up my mortgage T&I but had to file for bankruptcy to discharge my medical CC bills. Legally, I was allowed to have my home untouched in this state because it was within the Bk homestead allowance, but WF nevertheless started harassing me, sending me threatening notices, and then siccing some inspection company on me, which mailed & came by every month to check on me. For 2 years, this 3rd party inspector harassed me re occupancy & upkeep. WF tried everything inside and outside the law to foreclose on me. They really fought dirty. I am 93 and this home was all I had.

Since when do lenders require a non borrowing spouse to verify income with copies of checks deposited on a monthly basis together with lox every month. Then tell you that you could be laundering money. WHAT. Underwriters are a nightmare. So inexperienced. Don't know what they are doing. Run from this company. Do not use. No wonder they are constantly being sued for fraud.

Wells Fargo bought my mortgage several years ago, without seeing the property. I then refinanced with them two more times to lower my payment, again without any appraisals or anyone physically coming to the home to look at it or paying any closing costs or fees. Now I'm attempting to refi again and I have to jump through hoops. First they demanded an appraisal, which I paid $500 through a company they insisted I use. Then they start telling me because it is a manufactured home (which they knew it was when they purchased my mortgage to begin with and I have that in writing) I can't refi the way they originally wanted to refi.

Now they want my husband to sign a paper saying he has no financial interest in an apartment complex he lived in before we ever meet over 20 years ago and we have to get it notarized plus they want something in writing saying he works for the company that we just provided the last two pay stubs for. I could go on but as of today I'm am finished with Wells Fargo. I feel like I need to get out now while I am only $500 out of pocket so far. I will be actively looking for someone else to refi my home with.

Thieves, bunch of Thieves. Don't get involved. Paid 660k for house. Refi house at 585 in 2010. Did appraisal to get rid of PMI of 500/month. Appraisal come in at 550k in 2013. Only person in America whose house decreased in value from 2010 to 2013. Anyways, reason for complaint, trying to get rid of PMI, have to use their Appraiser, $550 cost, average in this area. Have to use their vendor, roughly 80% increase over market. So, so, so, sad. Really sad, really sad. Called, you know how that goes, can't talk to anyone, no phone number. Just wanted to know justification for the Nordstrom's prices. Especially since the last one that came was (not try to be mean or swear), but really, really, really bad. Don't refi with these guys, you will never get rid of your PMI. If you owe $2.00, you pay PMI!!!

I was with ASC and Wells Fargo took over and my life with this company is a living hell. They threaten to take my house from me because I was late with payments and I became real ill and is going through chemo, so I filed bankruptcy and they still kept threatening me. I made additional payments to them and is still be threatened by this company. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone because this company is terrible.

Wells Fargo Home Preservation is a farce!! Forget a modification. I have owned my home for about 4 years with Wells Fargo. I became disabled and started lagging behind in my payments and then would catch up but this last time was very bad. I became 5 months behind and they filed for foreclosure on my home. Meanwhile, I have been trying to get a home loan modification for the past year and each time it has been a crock of doo doo. There are always excuses and underwriting always comes back with different excuses as to why I should not get a modification or I am never qualified enough for one.

My first request for a home modification was denied and my credit became so bad from the mortgage being reported on my credit that I couldn't apply for a second mortgage. Wells Fargo is HEARTLESS. They say they want to help prevent foreclosure but they really don't. They tie you up so that you have nothing else to do but wait till you get thrown out on your tush. Forget WELLS FARGO. They are heartless!!!

While having trouble paying our mortgage with Wells Fargo, we reached out to the home preservation department and at first the experience seemed to go well. We applied for a deed in lieu of foreclosure on our mortgage and was approved. We were elated and followed all the steps laid out for us in the paperwork to a T. My husband and I are very diligent with paperwork and we save everything. We were able to get in touch with our home preservation specialist when we needed her only for a short time before she stopped answering our calls. We received NO communication for a long period of time even though we were emailing and calling and leaving messages. Nothing returned until, miraculously too late.

In the original approval letter they promised us $10,000 in relocation assistance and payment up to $12,000 on our second mortgage. They said our paperwork wasn't up to date and we have proof of faxing and emailing which they never checked their system because they eventually said they had it, again conveniently when the relocation assistance deadline was up ONE day later, again to no fault of our own. They then kicked us out of the program. We refiled and again they accepted but without the relocation assistance and still NO communication from them despite many calls and emails begging for communication.

We removed our family from our home of 12 years 2 weeks before Christmas as requested and were told finally after many attempts to contact ANYONE, by the dept. supervisor Shane (a very rude, and callous individual) that it was our fault we didn't have paperwork on time (which we have documentation that we did). It then had to be reviewed by the "processing dept" which later denied our needs. Shane said very rudely to us and our attorney that we could appeal but nothing will change. Basically Wells Fargo employees are rude and have very little education and communication skills and there absolutely no rhyme or reason to their decisions. We have complied with everything they asked of us and more and we got the short end of a very rude stick.

While this was all happening I was doing my own research to find that our contract was dragged out as many times as it did to NOT include the relocation assistance again conveniently missing by one day and also the vacate date changed to January of 2017 to not be included in the debt forgiveness act of 2007 that was up in Dec 2016. To which this information I found to be very "coincidental" to say the least. We are now out of our home with our two children right before Christmas and got two very rude and incompetent individuals that fed us the wrong information and NO communication which led to the deal collapsing. Now we are forced to foreclose on our home instead of working things out.

I paid off two people's mortgages. First one Wells Fargo kept the payoff amount sent and is still requiring payments be made for the person to keep their property. The second one Wells Fargo kept the payment sent in response to a demand notice sent then put a 5 day notice before illegally selling the home at auction. I have sent all the records to the CFBB and the OCC that prove this really happened.

Was preapproved for home loan, made offer on house. Everything getting ready to go to closing and now the guy at Wells Fargo saying “Maybe a wash because we don't know where you got your down payment and closing cost from!” No no no dude! Number not really your business. The money is in my acct and ready to close! Why give me a preapproval, go buy a house, now letter and then start giving me crap and causing stress, headaches, and acting like you're backing out on the preapproved loan? Not like it's that much of a loan, plus paying 1/3 down and the house is valued at three times the agreed buying price. And I have 80% of my house packed in boxes ready to load up the U-haul! How can they do preapproval and then start this other crap???

First let me say that unfortunately I am still dealing with them trying to get my refinance completed that started over 3 months ago. I wish I knew then what I do now and I would have never started this. These are the most unqualified, unprofessional, incompetent people I have ever dealt with. I have submitted close to 100 documents, several of them twice, have paid several thousand dollars for inspections, appraisals, insurance and other misc items and still haven't met their requirements. Every week they ask for something different. I have sent numerous emails asking for explanations and can never get an answer, just an email telling me to look at my loan tracker.

Now since it has been over 90 days. They are telling me I owe another loan lock fee and that my termite inspection is expired and I have to get another one. Water samples, certified installer letter, which I have contacted the VA about to get the answers I needed since WF's highly qualified and excellent customer service personnel can’t or won’t answer. All this and my loan still hasn't been approved. That will be the next issue I am sure.

My elderly parents retired in Florida and prior to moving there, they refinanced their primary home in New Jersey to purchase a second home in Florida. Through the course of 5 yrs, they were able to secure 3 or 4 concurring mortgages with Wells Fargo on property in Florida including 2 condos based on a limited combined income of 2800.00 a month. Mortgages were based on condo communities in beginning stages of construction and mortgages were dependent on rental income. My parents ended up having to sell everything, short sale and foreclose on all 3 Florida properties and remained with 2 home equities exceeding totals of 250k... I believe there were false or incomplete information used by underwriter to ensure these mortgages were approved even false signatures.

I think it is a disgrace that ELDER ABUSE PROTOCOL policies were not RECOGNIZED and complaints filed by any employee of WELLS FARGO and that the personal bankers at the time did not have their customers financial interest at heart rather than just meeting their personal goals. Wells Fargo did my parents and family a great disservice as those funds spent getting back on their feet was for their retirement that became uncomfortable and challenging for the rest of the family as illness could not be taken care of to the best as would have been if they were denied these purchases.

I read a motto from the CEO of Wells Fargo and I am really upset. My current situation is dealing with inadequate customer service. I am not naive to believe that my complaint went to the highest level. I was told it was and I was also told the calls were reviewed. Crazy! If they were reviewed, I believe that it would have at least been an attempt to correct their mistake. Here is something I posted on Wells Fargo Mortgage Facebook page after reading the CEO's motto:

If this is so, then I am really upset. I am dumbfounded to believe the person I have been speaking with about my mortgage is sympathetic. I have had nothing but profound distrust and dislike of Wells Fargo. I literally refer to WF as Wells Fartgo. No typo there. I would love to reach out and have someone refer my account at the highest level. Money was attempted taken out of my account 3 times after waiting 4 days to take the money out. I rely on prompt service when I make a payment. I had paid some other bills thinking my mortgage was taken out of my account but no it had not and my checking account had 3 attempts without a phone call or email about it... Instead, the money was attempted to be withdrawn 3 times causing $90 in service fees.

I had asked someone to look into this matter and according to the person I spoke to, they did and ruled against me. I asked that my service fees be returned and the late fee be waived. I am already late with my mortgage payment again due to the $90. I am not working because I am having health problems. I would like to make sure this never happens again and that I can at least get $90 credited back to my checking account or a credit on my mortgage account. I have not been happy with service ever with WF. I will send you a pm of contact number and property address. Thank you!!

We had a bad hail storm during the Spring which resulted in many homes receiving damage. I didn't physically see much except my shutters were destroyed. In July while talking with a neighbor he pointed out that my roof should be looked at for damage. I contacted my insurance company who in turn got someone out in August to look at it and it was confirmed damage to roof, shutters, screens, sideboard, garage and fence. Of course you have the $1800 deductible but with what the insurance offered and my $1800 I was able to get the roof and shutters, screens and side board replaced/repaired. Lucky for me the garage door damage is not seen from the street at all. The back fence was semi fixed to hold in the dogs and therefore not a major issue until such time as I can gather additional funds to fix the remaining items.

Of course Wells Fargo was notified and I appealed to their department to release funds so I could get the roof repaired. They did and have called me every 45 days to follow up. According to the insurance company and Wells I have 1 year from date of claim to repair the items. Since my claim, I have received letters from Wells stating that my home is vacant. I have responded via mail and twice by phone that the information is wrong. I brought it up to the property loss department which calls every 45 days, they didn't know what I was talking about. There was nothing in the file. Finally I get a letter that an investigator came by (during the week, during the day) and noted the home is vacant and therefore they will begin preservation of property, changing locks, etc. I became livid. Seriously, I work 7-6 Monday through Friday, had I know someone was "driving by", I would have gladly opened the door and waved.

I then called the number on the letter which I got someone who did nothing but made a "claim". That is what got me in this mess to begin with. I then wrote them, faxed them electricity bills, water bills, phone bills, pest control bills. I took photos of the roof being done, photos of the home and then I faxed saying I want the "investigator" fired. He obviously didn't even step out of the car. If he had, the 3 dogs, two inside and one outside would have been barking. Notice the trash can on that day was on the street and had been picked up and dumped. My grass is shorter than either of my neighbors. I asked exactly what do you want for me to prove the house is not vacant? Photo of dirty dishes, photo of me carrying out trash? Photo of dirty laundry? Photo of new toilets? I showed the photos to co-workers I was told maybe Christmas lights... I said they aren't paying for them. They don't put them up and they don't pay the light bill.

After I sent the fax with documentation I got a call. I was told they had no idea why someone would say it was vacant when it wasn't. I again stressed I want that person fired. Why pay someone for something they aren't doing. Further I am so stressed out from trying to prove to Wells the home is not vacant. Go ahead. Try to change the lock. Watch the dogs attack you. Hear the alarm go off. Be met with a shotgun at the door. I was told he would prepare a resolution for this issue and he would contact the contractor they hired to investigate. I asked if he had photos, nope, he had nothing other than the written word that the home was vacant. Well that's enough to say, it's a lie. They did not do their job and that is grounds for dismissal. Bring this in with the issue that my work, only uses this bank for its out of town office told accounting that in order to cash a petty cash check the employee has to be a signer on the account.

Well that did not go over very well. Our turnover, we would be signing and removing often. Our other banks don't have that policy. After numerous calls and complaints she was told the clerk made up the policy. Two very different instances, two "employees" not doing their job and further lying out right. This goes hand in hand with the published issues of them opening up bogus accounts - lying as well. Very disappointed with this company - I don't recommend it for any reason. I would literally walk away from a sale if they informed me Wells Fargo is who they use. My rating would actually be well below one, but they didn't offer that for the review.

Just look at all the complaints against them. Homeowners are losing their homes with these criminals.. They lie, they steal, and they don't want to modify anyone's mortgage. Instead all they want to do is steal their homes.. This is a Nationwide epidemic. We have complained on this site and nothing has been done to stop Wells Fargo. They need to be shut down and sent to jail for felonies.. Does everyone in this site see that? We all need to sue them with a class action. Who wants to start one or is there one going where we can be a part of? Let them Pay... Let them be homeless. They don't care if we had hardship. They lie about the whole process... They don't even have ownership of the signed endorsements or original notes. They are only illegally servicing these loans and have no mercy!!! Someone help all these homeowners and us!

I asked for an email address for more than 9 months in trying to resolve my mortgage issue ~ filed with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ~ and never was able to get one. The phone tree to get to somebody (always different - even though that was one of the things they agreed to - the same person) and I am in tears just thinking about how punishing the experience has been ending with Wells Fargo using some other company to post a notice that they were selling our home (for more than $200K less) and then all these other private contractors a 3 day notice to leave (at Thanksgiving). Run, don't walk, away from this company. My experience with my local bank is an absolute pleasure - I can reach the same person always. Wells Fargo should be out of business.

Wells Fargo increased my Home Mortgage with more than $120 per month without explaining why or noticing me. When I confronted them about it, they started to argue with me and refuse to correct their actions. They start charging me more than $120 per month on the amount that was agreed upon by contract! This seems unlawful and unethical!!

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Profile