Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.87/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

1395 Wells Fargo Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

I submitted a written request to Wells Fargo to cancel my autopay because the house was in the process of closing and I wanted it paid out of escrow. Unfortunately, those Wells timely received the request - they did not act on it. I called and faxed a letter after receiving a call from someone saying they had not received the request from me until after the withdrawal date (I had a letter from Wells saying they received my fax 10 days earlier).

Enter Colby. He walked me through the process of getting everything fixed, getting the funds reimbursed (since they were paid through closing) and getting everything handled. He advised me when he would be out of the office, so I would know what to expect in terms of his response time. I appreciated his willingness to go above and beyond. I don't have a great opinion of Wells generally, since they are always in the news for pretty crappy stuff. But this time, I have to give them some props. They got this taken care of... And other lenders with inconsistent information and phones they won't answer could learn something from Colby.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I sold a house in Washington State February 1918 and bought one in West Virginia in December 1917. Both had a Wells Fargo mortgages. I have refinanced several times and always ended up with a Wells Fargo mortgage. WF always had competitive rates. Their turnover from one team member to another was seamless and follow up from all team members was impressive. WF will always be my first choice for future mortgages.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We mortgage 7 years ago when it was tough to get a mortgage on a second home. Wells Fargo was tough but ok to deal with. We got a rate of 4.35% for a 15 year mortgage. It was a fair rate at that time. We usually bank at our credit union but they did not finance non-primary homes!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The store we went to had really friendly employees but they messed up the appointment and we had to come back another day. An hour and a half drive. They did give us a gas card and a gift card for a dinner out which was nice of them.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We originally were going with another mortgage company. That company pulled out on us 12 hours before our closing. They used the excuse that we had a historical cemetery on our property. This was the first question I asked the mortgage company and they said no problem. Look for my rating on them. Wells Fargo came to our rescue. They had no problem with the cemetery and we got a better interest rate. They did not have us jumping through hoops. They never lost any information we sent to them. I have purchased and sold 5 different properties in my lifetime and I know exactly what the mortgage company needs. I had the best and quickest closing with Wells Fargo. I give them my top rating. Go with them. You will be pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 14, 2019

Wells Fargo offered a payment deferment for homeowners that were adversely impacted by Hurricane Florence last year. I was told the deferment would be for 90 days and that the deferred payments would be added to the end of my loan. What a God send I thought due to the fact my employment was adversely affected by devastating flooding and my home sustained damages that were not covered by insurance. I gratefully accepted the deferment and took what little money I did receive during this time to start working on the damages to the house to ensure that mold did not invade and cause further damages, protecting both my health and Wells Fargo's investment.

During the deferment I contacted Wells Fargo to let them know that my employment was still being adversely affected and that at the end of the 90 days that I may not have returned to work full time to see what my options may be. I was told not to worry about it that all I needed to do was complete the paperwork for a modification or re-payment plan. I did so and in January they denied the modification and stated that I was ineligible for a re-payment plan because of my income. Completely stressed I frantically started applying for jobs to increase my income.

Luck was with me and I fell into a job making 900.00 a month more than I was making with no additional expenses added. This giving me over 900.00 of disposable income monthly so I appealed their decision and submitted the new income documentation only to be denied once again and offered a short sale. I need to mention at this time my arrears were less than $5000.00. It's amazing how misrepresentation comes into play when Wells Fargo has something to gain. I am currently scheduled for a foreclosure hearing this month. Whoever is reading this if you have not already sold you soul to the devil RUN!!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

In FL hurricane WF offered us a 90 day relief (no payments, no penalties, add to end of note) for tree that fell close to our home & cleanup/fix home. It was HELL. I got foreclosure letters. I had to call dozens of times and do all legwork to keep proving we had 3 month relief. YOU offered, I didn’t ask for this. But never should have accepted. Be wary of kindness.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 12, 2019

My last mortgage experience with WF was a nightmare. My abstract on the property where I built my house was one day from expiring because my mortgage rep couldn't get it together. When I went around him to solve a problem he called, chewed me out and sort of threatened me. Bad experience.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I've had 3 mortgages with Wells Fargo, and been delighted every time with the service, their transparency, and the fact they're such a huge company they are watched closely by all the federal regulatory agencies. Makes for a more professional, happy experience.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Wells Fargo helped save my house when I lost my house and my husband became disabled. I can never thank them enough for being as compassionate as they were. Now that my husband is deceased, I plan on selling this home and buying a condo. I will call Wells Fargo again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 9, 2019

After being in an automobile accident that left me unable to work I went through some tough times during that time. I reached out to Wells Fargo and asked them to work with me. It took them six weeks to put together a refinance mortgage that ended up benefiting them as far as interest is concerned more than me and also ruined my credit by reporting the late payments while they were putting together an offer. To this day I have wrote them letters, called them and beg them to please remove the negative credit from my credit report but they refuse. Not a very friendly or empathetic mortgage company to work with. Beware.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I find that Wells Fargo has done a very good job for me! They came to me to lower my mortgage rate and finance years. My mortgage rate was up over 73/4 and now it is about 31/2 and it was financed for 22 years and after refinance it was brought down to 15 years. In eight more years my house will be paid off.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 7, 2019

I placed a complaint regarding my investment account and my mortgage account and my inability to get a loan in March and no one has resolved anything! Then I get calls from God knows where and they leave extensions that are `10 digits long and if I miss a digit? They have no record of anyone calling me. I was screwed on my investments and have only made 2% since 2009.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Their recommendations during a govt.-backed mortgage reduction payment process in 2012 almost cost me my house and the final result was a refinance that was NO savings at all. They did not reduce the interest rate at all. Instead, they extended my original loan by 13 years.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I haven't had any issue. I have called the mortgage dept several times about escrow. My questions and request are quickly resolved. Wells Fargo took over the mortgage about a year of being with First Natl. Bank of Douglas.

Original review: May 5, 2019

They applied our monthly payment then unapplied multiple times ending in no payment to our mortgage. Cost $15000. Court order to return money to our mortgage took 6 months, they had to research this? What? Their attorney wasn’t present before the judge at this time???

Original review: May 5, 2019

Fraudulent practices, bait & switch practiced regularly, unethical pricing, very deceptive when asked specific questions. They were unapologetic and rude, I was in that line of work and was shocked. They made loans without disclosing loan terms. Their customer service more like an episode of Maury Povich with less swearing. WF offered the same loan rates to their 'in-house or platform' lenders with the added ability to undersell their own loans written through the wholesale divisions. I get a knot in my stomach knowing how they dealt with me and in closing out my mother's estate I suspect that she too was taken advantage of until I refinanced her out of the WF program. The more a company advertises how much they care about you, the less likely it is to be true.

Original review: May 4, 2019

15 years with this mortgage company, Wells Fargo - I haven't receive any product or any sort of advertising from to response as business relationship, so I have not much to say. However, all I did is keeping my payment on time, except a few credit cards. I think Wells Fargo done a great job on delivery good mortgage rates and availability to fit consumer income on their budget into one piece count.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Ike Turner treated Tina better than this company treats its customers. RUN far away as they will be very cordial in courting your business and ram you big time in the end. I needed help during a health crisis, trying to recover from chronic pain after a car accident. Delayed SSDI determination and failing health means nothing to this soul-less entity.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Wells Fargo is absolutely the worst bank ever. They are dishonest and greedy. I paid my loan off due to their incompetence so I wouldn't have to deal with their horrible customer service! Wells Fargo as a bank is a joke.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Was in a bad accident with a drunk driver and was in the hospital for several months. I had my daughter write a letter of hardship when Wells didn't care. I never missed a payment in 6 years and was always on time. They then placed a notice on my door and stated that in 30 days the house would belong to them. I then sold the home through a short sale and Wells Fargo was paid in full. After they placed a neg. feedback on my credit file. They are a bunch of non caring ** that could care less about their customers.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 2, 2019

I called Wells Fargo to ask about refinancing and they wouldn't help me. They said I didn't have enough money left on my mortgage payments to want to bother. I'M going to look for another mortgage company.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 1, 2019

Wells Fargo took over my mortgage without an application from me. I would have never have signed on with them. They do not care about you or your family and they lie to you. Then a few year back they merged with another mortgage company and sold some of their loans to them. My loan was one of them and I had deal with that company who was under Wells Fargo’s rules. I could never tell if my terms were ever changed due to the poor customer service.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We have had 2 mortgages with Wells Fargo and they screwed up our house insurance both times. The second time our house was almost canceled. Now we take out our taxes ourselves and pay them from our checking account.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Good service. Quick response and data analysis. All questions are answered in timely manner and fully satisfy. Account number was already prepared before representative started to answer the call. No waiting time for call answer.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Been with Wells Fargo for 20 years. Had some financial upset. Asked to use some of our equity (over $100k) to pay our debt. They turned us down! My husband is a 26 yr veteran and they could care less! They are a customer no service bank. We are in the process of looking for another.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Wells Fargo is a terrible mortgage company and I have tried unsuccessfully to re-finance elsewhere. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm able to have my mortgage with another lender. Specifically, I escrow for taxes and insurance. Several years ago, Wells Fargo mistakenly withdrew the entire balance in my escrow account mid-year when they should have withdrawn only a small monthly payment. This withdrawal was not discovered until the end of the year and a large escrow account shortage occurred. While I admit the money was owed, my wife and I did not budget for such a large obligation as we were unaware that we needed to set aside extra money throughout the year due to the Wells Fargo mistake.

Actually this was more than a mistake, I believe misappropriation of escrow funds is a federal crime. My insurance carrier was complicit in this mistake as well. All I asked from both parties was the admittance that a mistake was made. My insurance carrier, MetLife, did write a letter of apology. Wells Fargo never responded to my request for an apology and never admitted any wrongdoing. This type of response appears to be standard operating procedure for Wells Fargo, they are a despicable company.

Original review: April 28, 2019

WF is the epitome of greed. You'd be wise to stay clear of this bank. No matter what they try to market themselves as, the bottom line is they simply want to take your money with as little effort required. Do not be fooled!

Original review: April 28, 2019

We have to constantly monitor our statements for our mortgage because they charge late fees when our payment is NOT late. They don't credit our payment on time that it's made and they purposely make it impossible to make the mortgage payment on time within 48 hours of the due day, requiring us to go to the Bank in person to make the payment. The customer service has failed to make sure that we are not charged excess fees that are NOT due and we continually have to call to make them reverse charges that don't apply.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 27, 2019

Wells Fargo sold our mortgage after many years to some lousy fly by company that only looks for faults or lates to make money. They didn't give us prior notice and send us two emails every day for mortgage and loan deals after dumping us! Don't even give option to opt out of emails! Called local branch. If emails do not stop will seek legal assistance. They are creeps.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information