Wells Fargo Mortgage

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our mortgage was sold to this horrible criminal company. I have been with them for 9 years, I have attempted 4 times to modify, do a repayment plan or whatever I could to help with my mortgage. First off... On closing day we were forced to change terms of the agreement or cancel the deal. First we went from zero down to $10,000.00 down, we went from 3.75% to 6.25% interest. We had a apartment fire and nowhere to live, they knew this and changed our terms, then they told us we could refinance after we closed on our house and started making payments. Such ** lies. We have been suffering with this mortgage company for 9 years.

They tried 3 times to foreclose on our house, charged us additional late fees, processing fees, attorney's fees, and added next months payment to the foreclosure notice even though that payment wasn't due for another 20 days. On top of that during the so called modification they said the foreclosure would be held until decision was made and that was clearly a lie on our third attempt to avoid foreclosure... If I didn't have a money back up they would have back doored foreclosed on our house without telling us. Now I am 4 payments behind, sent in 2 of the 4 payments and two more by end of month to fully paid up...

Now they are not cashing my checks, they are going to send them back, and play the game of foreclosure again... Make me pay fees, on top of more fees, on top of inside attorney's fees for what. They preach "We are here to help... It's just a phone call away." **... Lies... **... If they really cared they cash the two checks wait 2 weeks for the other two checks and be paid up and be done with it... But no, this is what they do, they lie, they cheat, they steal, they rob, they are rude, insincere, they don't stand by "We are here to help"... I been trying for 9 years...

Someone told me to sue them, file bankruptcy and have the courts make them change the terms... I think it would be less costly and a less hassle if they would work with the customer. But I am going to see another attorney this week to proceed with a lawsuit. This unfair practice has to stop and Wells Fargo needs to pay for its unfair treatment of its loan holders. I'm not the only person who has been dealt a horrible deal with this company... It needs to stop. I'm writing this on behalf of my elderly father, I handle his affairs with this company.

Wells Fargo is a POS lender to deal with. I will never do any lending through them again. They charged me with full year of homeowners insurance at a rip off rate of $1500 when my homeowners lapsed by a month (incorrect billing address when I moved) and they refuse to remove it!! I pay $600/year for my homeowners insurance for the same freaking coverage. CROOKED WELLS FARGO!!!

I believe Wells Fargo underwriters practiced discriminatory lending and are in violation of Fair Lending Laws by encouraging a high-cost loan option and disqualifying me of a competitive loan despite my credit qualifications. I am in the process of purchasing a home for my mother in the Riverside County area (Moreno Valley). I live in Oakland, CA. My mother was given the opportunity to purchase the home she is in (or given 60 days to move out). She has been renting the home for over 10 years at a rate that has never gone up, despite the rapid increase in the cost of living in her area.

However, she is low-income, and doesn't qualify for the complete funds needed to purchase her current home on her own income. After researching various options, we were told by Wells Fargo I can purchase the home for a low interest rate, low downpayment and monthly payments if I could live in the home. After 45+ days of submitting the same documents repeatedly, we were finally informed that I was denied because Wells Fargo underwriters were "unable to verify (current) residence." Wells Fargo originally requested to verify that I wasn't currently living at the home, which I provided evidence (tax records, employment location in the Bay Area, a written and signed statement).

During a phone recorded verbal denial, I was told that Wells Fargo wanted me to use an investment loan for the home, which would have a higher interest rate, a larger down payment and higher monthly payments, something my family could never afford. I am concerned about this for a few reasons. First, the home is in a predominantly low-income Latino neighborhood AND we are working class **. Although I have excellent credit (e.g - high credit score, no missed payments, track record of owning a home and paying on-time etc.), I was denied a competitive mortgage loan and was told the underwriters wanted to do the loan as a less affordable option.

Secondly, the denial reason is vague, and when probed for additional details I was denied by several representatives. The lack of a sound denial explanation and the makeup of the neighborhood along with Wells Fargo's long standing issue with providing fair loans to minorities proves as further evidence that their intentions were never to offer the competitive loan, but to coerce our family into a more costly loan in the long-run. This issue has since been escalated up to the discriminatory division at Wells Fargo, but I have not been able to get a response.

My mom has already undergone several hospital visits as a result of the stress that this situation has caused our family. What we are requesting is a full refund for the fees paid to the bank totaling $560 (for appraisal) and monetary compensation as a result of the unlawful act of discrimination experience imposed upon my family. I am sorry that my skin color, and the color of my neighbors makes us a bigger risk to your bank, but no bank should ever be allowed to freely and without just cause deny qualified individuals of competitive loans on the basis of their economic and ethnic disadvantage and/or of their neighborhood.

Wells Fargo should have some of its employees charged with crimes. We were not behind on our mortgage when we began, and credit scores went from excellent to poor in no time. During our attempts to apply for a loan modification we were given different reasons each time for why we were denied. We finally got professional help, but the Delisa Law Group, who was not hired directly by us, was just as unlawful as Wells Fargo, if not more. They harassed my whole family and their employers, and asked them to lie about chipping in. We paid $5000 and we were finally approved, resulting in a higher monthly payment, even with our tax reduction finally taken into account. Worst of all, after nearly 2 years of relentless PHONE CALLS by Wells Fargo for payment, at my husband's WORKPLACE, he was fired. Unemployed for 10 days, we still made payments, but they were returned to us for 2 months, keeping us behind.

The next payment due was going to reflect our new lower payment, which was not allowed to take effect. Our income with this new job is now $1200-1500 a month less, take-home. Our house is in disrepair, although it is in better condition than 5 years ago, when we purchased. Now we have no tree maintenance, no insect control, leaky windows, roof needs repair etc. Can't even afford tarps this month.

Great bank. Very patient with customers. Will recommend this Bank to American people!! Wells Fargo Mortgage even lets me in my house for more than 2 years when my ex-spouse stopped paying the mortgage and never disturbed me and my children. They also tried to save my house with mediation but my ex didn't care if we end up into street. So they did what they needed to do! Very nice of them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

This company is evil. Someone lied to them that the way to build a great business is by cheating and driving customers away. I will never use them again. They bill you for the next month before the month is even due and make it constantly appear as if you are "behind" on your payment. This is an old trick that is a deceptive practice and allows them to accelerate past due amounts. Very evil. Warning to any new buyers - go with anyone except Wells Fargo. All of us should get together and sue them for all they are worth, then turn the company over to a legit business.

I began my application with Wells Fargo on March 28, 2017, with a closing date set for May 31, 2017. The builder moved my closed date to June 15, 2017. Wells had adequate time to work my file but instead, they did not. The majority of items on loan tracker were not even checked a week before my close date. On Monday, June 12, 2017, I received a text from my loan officer stating underwriting wanted to discuss my DTI. Really? 3 days before my close and I'm still in underwriting and you want to discuss my DTI.

Long story short, I finally closed but it was the worst experience getting a mortgage that I've ever had. I received a letter from Customer Care and Recovery Group that stated after the investigation, they determined the delay in my closing was due to not knowing the builder was not going to pay some of the closing fees. They knew this since day 1 as Wells was not a preferred lender. The real truth is that my file was sitting in underwriting for weeks and days. You don't tell someone they may need to refi their auto loan to lower their DTI three days before a close. The CCRG also stated the CD was being balanced on June 13, 2017.

Bull! My loan was not sent to the processing center in Florida until the night of June 13 arriving on June 14, 2017. Wells refused to waive the three day CD review for me to close on time or on Friday, June 16. With household goods in storage and scheduled to arrive on Saturday, June 17, 2017, Wells could not care less of what they had put me through mentally and emotionally. Customers please beware! I will never ever recommend Wells Fargo Mortgage to anyone. I guess I should of read all of the bad reviews in the beginning and would of known not to use them. Sad thing is that Wells Fargo has refused to admit they screwed this up for me and the underwriter involved is much to blame.

Wells Fargo Mortgage was very helpful and accommodating. We have never had an issue that wasn't handled promptly and courteously. The new web page for paying and managing our account is very easy to navigate.

Wells Fargo has treated me like this for years. They don't apply my payments. They keep them in an unapplied status. Doing so no payment posts. They report information as past due to credit bureaus. They hold me hostage as no other bank now will allow me to refinance my home. Even if they allow you to do a modification departments don't talk to each other. They change the equity amount and send you a bill that you owe when you don't. They don't believe and call foreclosure avoidance programs scams even the supervisors when you know they are not scams. They confuse you so much with paperwork and letters and lie about who you talk to and who you don't talk to you. It can drive a person crazy especially an elderly or disabled person which I feel is discrimination. They send letters with effective dates but the letter goes out after the effective date and don't even referred to an account this is illegal.

Their customer service reps won't let you talk to supervisors even if you asked to and try to talk over you. They send you refund checks saying misapplied when you owe them money without explaining why. You really have to get a lawyer involved to get them to tell the truth even their executive office sends you around in circles over and over again. I don't like being held hostage but that is truly how I feel and I feel they want to take my home because they know it has equity and they don't care about the truth compassion understanding or any type of empathy towards a consumer who is disabled. They are too large. They don't talk to each other's departments and you are the last thing on their mind as an individual consumer. You don't count. You never will as you're just a number.

Wells Fargo bought our refinance VA mortgage. We have always had "equity accelerator" on our mortgage, i.e., pay biweekly payments to increase your equity through extra payments. It's has worked fine with 2 other mortgage banks. I requested every other Friday with Wells Fargo, and thought I was all set. First payment did not happen on Friday, as requested. It happened on the following Monday. While this might sound good...i.e., did not debit until the next day, this makes it difficult to manage my bank account (with Bank of America - great bank). I want the debit to happen on the day I request. I was told it might happen on the day requested, or 1 or even 2 days later! Not acceptable.

I then set up biweekly payments to Wells Fargo through bill pay service of Bank of America (BofA). BofA delivered as requested, on the correct value date. But Wells Fargo did NOT apply the payments correctly as said could not accept "partial payments" from 3rd parties. Result: For payment due August 1, I paid 1/2 on July 14, and 1/2 on July 28. If I had NOT called, my mortgage payment would NOT have been applied. Wells Fargo cannot do it correctly, but then want apply biweekly payments from another bank (that had correct account number!). Incredible.

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is just a terrible company to deal with. After MONTHS of dealing with different people and lots of faxing of paperwork back and worth, the end result only benefited Wells Fargo and their only solution for us was to Short Sell our house. I guess when you are a crooked company and now have to make it up to your shareholders after you've had to pay out millions for unethical business practices, the people who continue to lose are consumers like us who are STUCK with them. WE WILL NEVER EVER give them any of our business.

I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for many years, financing and paying off several homes with them. I currently have a mortgage on my current residence. They report financial information to the Credit Bureaus incorrectly, and then lie and refuse to fix it. Saying all kinds of bull and absolute lies. Perhaps if you review the amount of mortgages and pay own and loss of market share they are having. This will tell you something. They are not only abusing their long term customers, they are cheating our children luring them into easy credit with massive Interest rates. Trying to make our children slaves for life. Let's not give any business to this crooked institution. With rising mortgage rates, fewer people are refinancing their mortgages, which means big banks are seeing a dip in mortgage lending.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Problem has been resolved after costing me $ for having to call in my mortgage payment by phone. Recent payment processed successfully.

Lawrence of Burton, MI on

Original Review

Wells Fargo Online Banking utilized to make mortgage payments is designed to charge Non-Wells Fargo Account holders higher costs to make their mortgage payment. Upon receiving my new mortgage holder paperwork, after being sold to Wells Fargo Bank, I was able to go online and make my first mortgage payment. The following (4) months, I have had nothing but problems and higher costs when attempting to make a mortgage payment. For example, I have spoken more than (6) times with "Customer Support", never able to speak directly to the "Tech Support" people directly. The Problem: The Mortgage Payment page will not accept my bank "Routing number and Bank Account number". When this happens, I am forced to call customer service for the "Mortgage Department".

The first contact is an automated menu driven access allowing you to make your mortgage payment for an additional $6.00. If you wish to speak directly to someone in the mortgage department to make your payment, (a menu driven option again), this will cost you an additional $12.00 to process a payment. When the Wells Fargo employee takes your account information, they ask for your "bank Routing number and checking account number"; exactly the same information their website asks for. However, it is my conclusion, after going through (5) months of this, Wells Fargo has intentionally flawed their website to force mortgage holders to pay additional costs. At the rate they are charging, over a 12 month period, Wells Fargo will net an additional $144 per year from mortgage holders. This should not be allowed, but mortgage holders have no choice where their or to whom their mortgages are sold.

Wells Fargo took over payment of my new mortgage. I pleaded with multiple people in this horrible company that I absolutely did not want to be involved with them based on my horrible experience with their corrupt investment company. They stated that due to a signature on my initial application they had a right to assume payment on my mortgage against my will. Its unbelievable that this bloodsucking company would not allow me to transfer my account to another company that I trust.

My experience with Wells Fargo Bank became over the years not an American Dream but American Nightmare. I was not treated properly. I was discriminated. I was taken advantage of and robbed. My life saving of 20 years of hard work. Working days and nights weekends and my life savings. I've never missed a single payment but at the end I was upside down on my mortgage. How much the house was worth and how much I was making payments. They took the house and $47,000. Homeless with no dreams and no possession. I'm free living under the bridge. Some call me scum, some call me addicted, some call me trash. In the end it's their opinion. The only thing I'm addicted to is the truth. If you want to live and you want to live free stay away from Wells Fargo Bank. I don't trust the American banking system all together.

In the 90's, I used WF for two mortgage loans. Everything went well & have used them as my primary banker since. Since then, have been involved with no less than 7 real estate transactions with other lenders on my behalf & worked for a highly successful real estate office. (Point being, have seen it all). But now a conv. 30 year home loan w/ almost 40 percent down on a sound, inexpensive home (140K) requires 3 bankers who do not communicate with each other. After extending the closing date by two weeks & signing/resigning a plethora of docs, they still can't be concise. I am still not confident we can close by the deadline. One banker says yes, the other says there may be some obstacles. Long story short there is no trust as I cannot get one verifiable answer. This is my planned home & I am packed. With WF the term "loan approval" is as vague as what they call "fake news" these days.

Wells Fargo continues to lie and losing home because of them. Loan origination fraud by loan originator with Wachovia then Wells Fargo took over. There seems to be TWO uniform residential loan apps with falsified income. The lawyers for WELLS FARGO have a different one with hugely inflated income and that's the one they were working off for 3 years in mediation! No wonder no help was had the loan originator falsified it so badly and $$$ never existed... But the one at signing with wrong dates and lesser falsified income their lawyers do not have. Their lawyers do not have it and demonstrated that in court exhibits...

I talked to Wells Fargo. Girl was nasty as heck even CFPB sent everything to them and she has the audacity to say in her response "We did not find any information or conversation about a 300,000.00 loan amount..." It was sent to them and if that's the case why does their attorneys have it and presented it in court exhibits and seemingly used it in Mediation for 3 years...

How did Wells Fargo lawyers GET hold of it and yet Wells Fargo knows nothing!!! It's all lies and denials and losing our house from their fraud in weeks' time... How can they get away with this when I sent evidence (over 200 pages) galore through CFPB but they turn their heads and still make up lies about income when I proved it to them... They are horrible and can get away with anything because CFPB does nothing except wait for a response. C'mon do you really think the bank is going to be honest in their response!!! NOOO.

Every lawyer who has looked at this cannot believe the LO fraud here by the lender with Wachovia in 2008 yet their lawyers still deny and lie. 79 year old a 30 year mortgage! Really. How did their lawyers get hold of a different one and Wells Fargo knows nothing??? It smells and the loan never should have been presented... Wells Fargo continues to lie to people and throw people out of their home of 35 years without a care in the world.

Still in the process of trying to obtain a VA home loan after applying a month ago. We have been customers of Wells Fargo since 1988. I have had four other VA home loans which we have paid off with never a late or missed payment. We are making a 51% down payment on the home. My wife and I both have over 700 credit scores. We just paid off a $365,000 mortgage and are asking for a $300,000 mortgage. This is the worst experience of our lives. The loan processor has lost documents, claimed the wrong forms were used, and comes up with new requirements on a weekly basis. In general moving the goal posts and lying to us and their supervisor. Yesterday we were told we needed only three documents left to process the loan. Today we were told they could not find my DD214 which I submitted 17 days and once again a 7 days ago. We also told we were required to submitted two years of complete income tax returns.

We are living in temporary housing while waiting for our new house to close. Almost everything we own is in storage units located over a hundred miles from where we are living. We have complained about our experience to the manager of the person who has been processing our application and to the manager of the manager to no avail. We are being treated like criminals instead of valued customers. It is also time for an investigation of VA and their new red tape guidelines. Financial institutions are required to use VA's forms which mirror regular civilian institution forms. Apparently VA does not like veterans obtaining home loans and does its best to discourage veterans by snowing them with unnecessary paperwork. Six years ago it took us less than 30 days to been in our new home. God knows if we will ever get the loan approved.

Wells Fargo acquired my home loan from my original lender a few months after purchase. They don't offer bi-weekly payments to apply to the loan! They hold payment thus maintaining interest rate. Scandalous! Even after I assured them I would NOT ever refi with them, by "POLICY" was thrown out. For those of us with great credit...the reason why is we know how to pay bills down/off! This company forbids it. Terrible, horrible company! Don't ever choose them! Read all reviews!

I would like to start with I am truly truly upset with the business that Wells Fargo has given me. I took out a mortgage loan over 3 months ago, spoke to over four different mortgage consultants because each person said that the person before them was not doing their job. I contacted manager, supervisor, etc., and was advised that they were not acknowledged of either some is on PTO or some has been replaced for my case. I originally appointed a Albert **. He gave multiple mislead information, had me RESEND him multiple documents that was already sent to three different consultants including his manager.

I'm very very disappointed. I ended up doing my own footwork. Please if you are looking for a mortgage consultant I'm sorry to say do not look here. If I can please be directed to the right direction to where I can contact someone even higher please someone let me know. This is June 2017. I strongly advise that you deal with another mortgage company. Last but not least the Clearwater branch is very sorry as satisfying its customers. As to Albert ** he was very unprofessional and came about with a cocky demeanor. (Meaning he know he can get no trouble behind his work ethics) UNFAIR.

My husband and I bought a VA backed home in December 2016. We tried to change our payment date, as it was not on any of my disabled husband's paydays. For the first few months, we seemed by, then The Army neglected to pay him 700.00. They recouped it a month later. So, I called them and again requested to have our payment date changed. Keep in mind I'm a heart patient. So the lady whose name I can't remember said that under these circumstances it could be done. She cheerfully offered a every 2 weeks payment arrangement. That would take half our payment every two weeks. They even sent us a confirmation letter. Today they screamed at me on the phone and told me that there is no way to change my payment dates. Wow, really?

So I said, "What of this letter you sent me." Happily she exclaimed, "Didn't you read it? It says you can only change your date if you're not behind a payment. Your original terms still stand." Oh then when I told her to transfer me to somebody not yelling she did, but I got her employee's I.D. first. I have another person looking into this but in the meantime they have been so deceitful. We trusted them and always pay our bills. He took my scheduled payment and according to them they will take a full payment too. How awkward and how devastating. Please do no banking via phone, especially mortgage. We cannot believe it and I'm suffering angina pains. I also suffer Migraine. Be smarter than we were. Go for your loan with a lawyer who usually charged 300. It's going to save you and The American people billions. Hope it helps you.

Updated on 06/12/2017: I've already tried to submit my concerns with Wells Fargo Ethical Business Practices as dictated by their Business License: Let me explain. I was not behind my payments for this mortgage loan. My husband who is a Disabled Veteran and I bought our home in December 2016. I continually tried to get them to change our due date, nobody would. They said it could not be done ever. Well, the Army didn't pay him 700 they owed us for over a month. So, I called them and a fairly nice lady told me our new preferred payment could start on May 25, 2017 and then every two weeks. I was so happy. A confirmation letter was sent to us confirming this. However, they never attempted to take our payment. When I called them I was screamed at by a lady who calls herself Heather **? I got her employees number.

Then I spoke with a man, got his number too. He then took my payment over the phone but insisted I could not remain on the preferred plan? As stated and as originally promised. He discouraged me from going to a branch. However, I took a witness, a friend with me. They took the other half of my every two weeks payment but insisted I still owe for June now? They promised I would not pay a late charge as I explained we get paid every two weeks. So, this is very deceitful and unethical. I plan on getting their Business license number and turning them into both my state Attorney General and Department of Financial Institutions. As well as the Better Business Bureau.

Now, keep in mind as I was making my payment at the branch, the women on the phone began asking me if I wanted to short sale my home? Come to find out although I requested to speak to the Main Corporate Office I was now speaking with Collections. I just received a letter saying we are almost in Foreclosure? I just do not trust them at all, why would I? They say one thing and do another. Because of their deceit I have to pay 2 full house payments by July 7, 2017. Thankfully I'm able but, it boils down to facts. The letters contradict each other. Please only bank with them or make payments via bill pay. Or a wire transfer. They will probably no doubt keep saying behind, although they have promised otherwise, my June payment is not due until the 16th. It hurts dealing with these people.

Our mortgage is 7 years old and it is a 30 year loan with an excellent fixed rate. We did not look for other options and from the few times I have called, phone customer service has been excellent. We've had no problems and any questions have been answered quickly and accurately by a representative who has always seemed happy to help. No errors, impounded taxes paid on time. Overall, no complaints.

Wells Fargo is the worst financial institution on the planet. They send out statements that are incorrect and they lie. Customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I would advise anyone to stay clear of Wells Fargo under any circumstances. They will rip you off!!!

Wells Fargo refused to help me after one payment was late. After taking a 10-1/2% Interest Loan I was forced to sell or possible foreclosure. They told me because I didn't take a Wells Fargo Loan; they refused to give me the Loan Modification money ($75,591.34) after we fulfilled to Wachovia & sold to WF after completing our portion of LM. WF then produced a 6-page "amendment" allegedly signed by my deceased husband & WF Notary 10 days after fake signature. To keep this money has left me without a retirement fund I counted upon. Wells Fargo does not care that I am 78yrs old & told me that they were not handwriting experts after I told them my 84yr old husband had not signed an amendment. Oh yes, & WF notarized his fake signature 10 days after it was signed. They continue to address me as Mr. ** & I have submitted 19 pages of "Heirship" papers 3 years ago. Wells Fargo doesn't know who I am and does not care.

On 29 May 2017 Wells Fargo told me they were not concerned with my complaint ** through the Dept of Justice/ConsumerFinance.gov. Their actions have left me unable to sleep by their refusal to honor our agreement. I sold my retirement home in hopes of these funds. Now, I will not be able to survive on my Social Security without help. Wells Fargo has taken advantage of me. I cry continually due to their dishonorable actions that have left me penniless. These funds would have helped me restart up my federal contracting business. My age is a deterrent in applying for work even if I were more mobile. Wells Fargo is not your friend. These people work together to take your money through actions that closely resemble what is described as a R.I.C.O. act. Why are they not prosecuted? Do they only get fined & their hands slapped; While others suffer?

2010: Recently moved to a new well-paying job and decided to buy a small house. Employer has an agreement with WFB/WFHM for lower rates with no points and most of my accounts were already with WFB, so I decided to go with WFHM for the mortgage. FICO >800. TONS of paperwork and innumerable irritating phone calls from WFM followed, loan provisionally approved. Two weeks before closing, I called to check on approval status and was told that the person handling my loan had taken 2 weeks vacation and not signed out my application to anyone. NO ONE in that office could find my account and they didn't know how to contact my "personal agent". Ended up having to call the national office which after considerable explanation tracked my application and confirmed approval.

2014: Decided to apply for a small WFHM home equity loan (30% of equity) for various improvements. FICO 820. Filled out online application and expected quick approval. Instead, I received KILOTONS of docs to read/sign via Email and USPS, innumerable phone calls requesting information, including info about my mortgage at WFHM and accounts at WFB. After refusing to commit to a 30 min call to have someone read me the agreement (I can read it myself, thank you!), I decided to cancel the application and just pay for the improvements with a credit card... The potential tax deduction was not worth dealing with this incompetence.

2017: Received Email advert from WFHM for HELOC "Use your equity to improve your home!!!" with "Easy online application"!!! Decided to think about it and maybe get some additional tax deductions while making home improvements. FICO still 820. Asked my banker, who offered to help with the application process to avoid previous issues. Filled out online app and received MEGATONS of stuff by Email and USPS, and phone messages at all hours of the day and night, including weekends, asking me to call back.

Called back 3 times, placed on 1 hour hold for the 3rd call which was on a busy Saturday... Person was evidently reading from a script from which he was not allowed to divulge. I was asked the exact same questions on all 3 calls and also received 3 "secure" Emails asking me to reply to the same questions in writing, including questions about my mortgage balance and payments AT WFHM and asking me to send bank statements FROM WFB. WTF?!? Complained to my banker; he called WFHM and received the same questions for me to answer (again)... He sent my replies and was subsequently asked 2 more times to answer the same questions. In addition, I was asked for a purchase contract 3 times even though I was not buying a home, and proof that I am single. WTF again?!?!?

More than two months later: more requests for more stuff that appear to be completely irrelevant. All of this for a small loan that is less than the limit on one of my credit cards (all of which are paid off). As of today, I am refusing to send any more stuff or answer anymore more phone calls about this HELOC application. I asked my banker to cancel the application if it is not approved promptly, and I am thinking of transferring all of my accounts out of WFB after paying off the small remaining balance on my mortgage. Incompetence lives on at Wells Fargo, but I don't need to live with it!

Wells Fargo Bank is now a mega brand who's primary focus is on profits by any means necessary. The goal of any lender/servicer/mortgage provider should never be about using misleading and deceptive tactics to get more than what's fair and what's profitable at the expense of devastating the very people that make your jobs a possibility. Without those people there would be many jobs lost and for me that's the main thing to take away from our past mortgage issues, if a homeowner needs a break here and there, don't turn that into an opportunity to devastate for profit.

I own a home and decided to do work on my lovely home. I contacted WF to do a refinance and went through the entire process, paid the fees, was approved and then out of the blue I received a letter in the mail stating that they cannot refinance my loan because of my title. (TOTAL BS) There is nothing wrong with the Deed or Title to my home. I never received a call from WF "at all" about this. I contact WF and of course none of the representatives will answer my calls or respond to my voicemails or emails. While I was processing this request they were all always available. I then contact my representative's Manager and of course he gave me a BS story stating it was about my credit. My credit score is 692. To be approved for a refinance your score must be 680. I will be hiring an attorney to investigate this in detail. For WF is not a good company to work with. They play too many games with people's livelihood. To Each Its Own!!!

In early 2017 we received a phone call from a Wells Fargo reps claiming they had not received our payment through the mail on time. For anyone who knows Atlanta USPS this doesn't come as a surprise even though we mailed it over a week in advance. So we conveniently opted to make another payment by phone that day. This should have been the end of it, but the rep wrote down our account number wrong. So instead of receiving another courtesy call from Wells Fargo saying the payment never went through, I began getting aggressive collections calls at 7AM on a Sunday morning that continued for weeks.

The harassment continued as we called in to no less than 6 different reps who could not wrap their minds around our issue and refused to help in any way other than collecting yet another payment. Then we found out that the two extra months of payments we sent to cover their mistake had gone to the principal of our loan instead of our monthly dues!

We were then warned that one more "late payment" would put our home into pre-foreclosure. We spent hours on the phone with your reps trying to get this sorted out and after weeks of this nightmare seem to have sorted this out on our own efforts. To add insult to this ridiculous waste of my time we have been getting forms from Wells expecting us to sign off that everything was handled correctly. I will be looking to refinance and discourage everyone from using their services. I can't in good conscience encourage anyone to be treated with the same aggression and indecency that we experienced with Wells Fargo.

In June 2016 I was told I could go make mortgage payment, I might did not go on the exact date. WF expected the system at WF did not accept the payment unless I bring the 3 months total to bring the current. I cried the banker brought drinking water. Then mail start to come from preservation group Debra ** then reentry group Stefani ** who said once "Ya! You the one you did not got enough help". I start to get offer of option help modification so empty! Every time I ask Stefani to send her whatever I'm expecting she will say not now or she will say "No don't send it!" Including her denial of what I already sent her per their request such as auto insurance policy that showed my permanent fiscal address was on 11/10/2017, I was asked if I'm still in the rental apt in OC, I said I'm moving by this weekend!

By 11/20/16 I was out of the apt to downsize the expenses! I do care give for 3 companies plus 4 consistent income I get plus roommate helps $450. WF calculation total income of $3,700.00. Stefani did not want my ex-husband income we live at the same resident that could add up! WF did not make a condition on me to leave the apt right from the beginning of the process it dragged the time. I have so many mail showed my resident address including Wells Fargo mail but I have mail still showed the post office. Mail such as the statements of BoA & some of WF that did not matter to me because we do online payment. Debra ** called me in Dec. 2016. I'm denied no enough proof even that I sent them proof of moving out of apt., and closed my PO Box and paying my credit more than what's requested!

I received letter that still there is not much changes in my situation! I blasted on phone saying all this modification is just an F like a fake! ** offered me $10k I said no I want to keep the house money will go fast. Her & her boss had stronger fist than mine! I received mail about loan information to new creditor Wilmington Saving Fund, Christiana Fund but WF still my survivor. So ambiguous eventually. BSI at the bottom page of the loan information there is [X]. May hold them in a separate account until you pay the rest of the payment, and then apply the full payment to your loan.

So I called Stefani at WF she said WF still my survivor explained what that hope of that [X]... I thought the worse thing will happen. I will get confirmation that either I will pay the whole amount or last chance. No more extension on repealing the delay. Instead it seems the plan already been made between WF & British BSI. When I called BSI they said "Your information not loaded in the system yet call us next week!"

I received mail on Feb 6th 17. Again WF that BSI my financial services start Feb 21/27, there was mail from BSI saying same like WF about option help modification. I received regular statement from BSI on total payment for March 15/17. I was still receiving mail from WF about my escrow information was so close timing when our life situation gets crucified. Get to the point. No one dealing with me. WF says those mails just generated call BSI and BSI don't return my call at all keeping me in the dark to not have any chance on anyway to keep the house! There was time called Stefani on 3/13/17 her voice mail said she'll be back on the 14th and even next week on the 24th her voice message says will back on the 24th. How could anyone trust this kind of unorganized system with phone as well with documents. We are couple frail. WF staffs had no heart beating.

They have purposefully waited until the week before my close to come up with all kinds of reasons I can't close. All things that a week earlier were taken care of and not anything to worry about. If they can prove you're the cause of the delay in closing, you are charged fees, they are obviously trying to get as many of these fees as possible.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Profile