Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.77/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a mortgage provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Wells Fargo Mortgage

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

1218 Wells Fargo Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Our current mortgage is with Wells Fargo and apart from applying an impound check incorrectly, their accuracy and service has been excellent. When you call customer service, you get a live person who can be relied upon to address your concerns appropriately and cheerfully. I rated "value" and "options" as neutral because we were only interested in a 30 yr fixed, and I can't remember what they charged us in points. No complaints from us but, and it's a big but, Wells Fargo is getting some really bad press resulting from all their lying and cheating employees so the jury is out if I would consider them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mortgage is six years along with Wells. Throughout that entire time, I have enjoyed using their awesome website to monitor my balance, track my escrow funds, etc. I can easily make electronic payments, and even designate additional principal or escrow with my payment.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I FEEL OK BUT IT CAN BE MUCH BETTER. I HAVE A MANUFACTURED HOME BUT I NEED A NEW ROOF LAST YEAR. When we had the big win it messed up my roof. I called the insurance I had to get said I have a factory home they cannot fix it. I had to pay for it myself and I do not have the money so my roof still leaks. I need a new roof on my home. Can you help me to fix my roof. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have a home loan with Wells Fargo and I have not been treated well at all. I wish I could afford to move to another company. I did a Refi using HARP but did not know that I could use another company, so I stayed with them. Bad choice!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have used quite a few Mortgage Companies but Quicken Loans is the absolute best. They provide quick answers and take the time to explain what is required. You know in advance what is exactly required.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I found them to be the BEST! They delivered on what they promised. Their rate was the best, and I was approved within three days. Regardless of what has happened, They were very upfront with me and after having been dealing with a prominent bank for 7 months, they reneged on their promises. WF took care of everything. I am completely satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

You can only mail in a principal payment. You cannot do it online. Makes it more difficult which is probably how they want it because they want it to take as long as possible to pay off your loan.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The original mortgage did not go through Wells Fargo. However, it was just horrible and took forever. I NEVER want to get a mortgage again!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Non Competitive and not really any effort in appreciating business or the customer. Staff were mostly courteous but short and robotic as a rule, very little evidence of caring.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I as POA of my Mother obtained a reverse mortgage on our home from Wells Fargo Reverse Mortgage NAC to make my Mother's final years comfortable. When my Mother deceased, the Bank tried to get in my house the week she passed to do an appraisal, which was disrespectful and tasteless to say the least, then Wells Fargo refused to speak with me even though the I was the executor of my Mothers estate. Subsequently. They sold my house to Fannie ** in which I got entangle. Don't in a nasty battle and the REO agents assigned to sell the property. Stole possessions out of my house before the 30 day rule of "abandoned property". I would never urge anyone to take out a reverse mortgage. The you worse than any predatory loan I can think of.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

This is the worst Mortgage company I ever used, nothing but problems. You could never sign into the online system. When you call then you get switched from place to place & then each department loses your papers that you sent to the prior department.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Poor everything, doesn’t listen to you. Takes forever to process, cost me $5000 loss when they did not make final after 2 extra extensions. Had no clue what if any problems there were.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Wells Fargo has got to be the worst mortgage company. I had signed up for automatic withdrawal of my mortgage. They were supposed to withdraw the payment on the first of the month. At first they were taking it shortly after the first of the month, which was fine, but then it seemed like they were processing the payment whenever they felt like it. Then one month they didn't process the payment until the 2nd week of the month, and about a week later processed the next months payment (2 payments in one and a half weeks). They also have taken 3 payment in one month from my brother-in-law. Lots of other problems with this company. I will not use them again for any business.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Very helpful, keeps us up to date on new and better offers, what we could do better to save on our mortgage. It's a total great experience. Wells Fargo has been great for us for the past thirty years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Eleven years ago I took out this mortgage on a house. Four years later my husband died and I had to refinance. Big mistake. I can't see any progress in my Mortgage balance going down. I am so disappointed, but there is nothing I can do as I'm 83 years old on a fixed income. Future doesn't look good for me.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Wells Fargo walked us through the entire process and made it rather easy. Although there is a lot of paperwork with any mortgage application, they kept us well informed at each step of the way. The closing was ahead of schedule and the process actually bordered on being pleasant.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

WF sent me mail we are here to help winded up to BSI auctioned. WF postdated letter. Robo signed for Melisa ** who tried to help me but she's terminated.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Never took out any Loan in any kind of agreement. My father did that using me, his mother's adopted child and granddaughter... Using us as people to benefit off of but not help or even let me live in home when it was mine and sarah ** gov. Can prove what I say...

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Our original mortgage was with another bank. It was sold to Wells Fargo. We have had no problems with them. Setting up online account was not user friendly. Customer service was good about helping us.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When refinancing my mortgage they refinanced the original amount and kept the overage, in my opinion it should have been refinanced at the outstanding balance, or if they did the original amount gave me the difference.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Promised to allow a loan modification after my spouse pass away, they kept asking me for the same information for months. All just to turn me down after 6 months, say I didn't make enough money. I didn't have any missed payments, but I wouldn't have asked for help if I didn't need it. Had to spend my kid’s inheritance to pay out the house in order to keep a roof over their heads. That shows they only care about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The refinance process was arduous. They asked for documentation by email, and would give me an hour to two to provide. They bumped back the closing date twice. The person that came to have me sign the papers was sketchy.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Tried, and tried, and tried to get them to work with me. Either they would send my account to a deterrent person, or they would say that I did not fill out all the paperwork correctly. It was such an ordeal. I could not find anyone to help me. Now everyone is coming out the woodworks.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

They failed to follow FHA guidelines on loss mitigation and ignored mandatory requirement letters. No wonder they're being sued by the government, they deserve it. They're stealing FHA homes and profiting.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

First - I take ownership in using Wells Fargo - should have gone to Quicken - but thought Wells Fargo would be easier since we have banked with them for over 20 years (multiple accounts) and have excellent credit. We wanted a very small mortgage on a recently built home. The process took over 2 months. There was so much miscommunication and asking and re-asking of documents. You would download and send one person documents and then that person would say put in "loan tracker".

After downloading to loan tracker, the Wells Fargo employee would ask for document again - it was maddening. Then the actual closing, after waiting for over a week, and emailing 3 different times, finally someone called and said, they were sorry but our "closing person" was out of the office. They would call us at a later time for the closing - we had to email again after several weeks to get the closing set. As soon as closing time was set, the "closing person" called and wanted to set up our closing. Absolutely crazy. Please go somewhere else for your mortgage needs, this is just a small example of the unprofessional attitudes of the people we dealt with at Wells Fargo. Obviously Wells Fargo did not act like they needed our business and most certainly did not appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Unfair and corrupt mortgage practices. Wells Fargo was the original mortgage on our new brownstone in downtown Savannah. We had to move to Cincinnati because of my wife's work. We missed a few payments and were notified the day before (one day) Wells Fargo sold out property and brownstone to another individual. Now we are renting and have lost all of our equity that we had in that brownstone (100K+). Is there a statute of limitation on how long we have to take WFM to court to try to get our money back? Is there anything we can do? This happened in 2012.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This is not so much a review of Lending Tree per se because all you do with them is fill in some brief information and then submit it and you get contacted by a bunch of "hungry" lenders. They are persistent to say the least. Unfortunately I chose to go with Wells Fargo who contacted me and solicited my business. I told them what I wanted which was very simple. I was selling a home in California and buying another in Arizona. All I wanted was a quick escrow closing like same day or 3 days at the most. No problem say Wells Fargo. I was putting over 50% down and had perfect credit. This should have been a no brainer.

When it came to crunch time despite my constantly reaffirming my requirements they stalled and stalled and stalled. After closing escrow on my California home it took them 10 days to finally fund the new loan with as I said over 50% down payment. This left me in limbo and on the road and in storage for 5 days after leaving California. They will cite they followed all the rules imposed on them by regulations, but I consistently and constantly asked them to make sure they didn't leave me in limbo and they lied. Don't ever use Wells Fargo Mortgage unless you have the luxury of waiting weeks until they fund your loan after closing on a sale.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Modified my mortgage. Told there were no strings attached. It would reduce the interest and provide a lower monthly payment. Fast forward 4 years and it turns out when we signed the mod paperwork it put a lien on our property, so in essence we now owe more than before we modified the loan, wish I could have found this info on their website prior or had full disclosure from the home loan specialist.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Let me preface this with both my husband and I had credit scores in the 800's and we have built and owned a total of 3 houses to which we had mortgages, but NOT with Wells Fargo Mortgage (point being we are experienced with the process). We I used W/F for our mortgage. In addition to a lot of busy work W/F made us do that was never ending, a few days before the closing they told us we had to come up with $50,000.00. We did not have it. We had just built a house and put all of our money into it. The W/F agent told me to take it out of my 401K. Which we had to do, since our lawyer told us weeks before to close on the house ASAP bc the builder was on the verge of bankruptcy.

My husband told W/F that this was extortion; W/F never gave us a good logical reason why they needed 50K dollars more from us. Now we are 2 years later, and they apparently screwed up our escrow. They told us that our mortgage would be going up $400 per month until the mess up was remediated; they said that our mortgage would go down again once the escrow was in good standing. But this did not happen. Now, they are telling us that our payment will be an additional $400, that is $800 more than or original payment!! No one we talk to at W/F can give us any explanation that makes sense. Is anyone out there having a similar situation??? Can anyone recommend a good attorney in the Frenchtown NJ area???

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Our mortgage was sold to this horrible criminal company. I have been with them for 9 years, I have attempted 4 times to modify, do a repayment plan or whatever I could to help with my mortgage. First off... On closing day we were forced to change terms of the agreement or cancel the deal. First we went from zero down to $10,000.00 down, we went from 3.75% to 6.25% interest. We had a apartment fire and nowhere to live, they knew this and changed our terms, then they told us we could refinance after we closed on our house and started making payments. Such ** lies. We have been suffering with this mortgage company for 9 years.

They tried 3 times to foreclose on our house, charged us additional late fees, processing fees, attorney's fees, and added next months payment to the foreclosure notice even though that payment wasn't due for another 20 days. On top of that during the so called modification they said the foreclosure would be held until decision was made and that was clearly a lie on our third attempt to avoid foreclosure... If I didn't have a money back up they would have back doored foreclosed on our house without telling us. Now I am 4 payments behind, sent in 2 of the 4 payments and two more by end of month to fully paid up...

Now they are not cashing my checks, they are going to send them back, and play the game of foreclosure again... Make me pay fees, on top of more fees, on top of inside attorney's fees for what. They preach "We are here to help... It's just a phone call away." **... Lies... **... If they really cared they cash the two checks wait 2 weeks for the other two checks and be paid up and be done with it... But no, this is what they do, they lie, they cheat, they steal, they rob, they are rude, insincere, they don't stand by "We are here to help"... I been trying for 9 years...

Someone told me to sue them, file bankruptcy and have the courts make them change the terms... I think it would be less costly and a less hassle if they would work with the customer. But I am going to see another attorney this week to proceed with a lawsuit. This unfair practice has to stop and Wells Fargo needs to pay for its unfair treatment of its loan holders. I'm not the only person who has been dealt a horrible deal with this company... It needs to stop. I'm writing this on behalf of my elderly father, I handle his affairs with this company.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information