Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.64/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I was a first time home buyer who was very apprehensive about WF and the entire process. I decided to give WF a chance anyway. I must say, they stand with you every step of the way. Brandon ** and Will ** was terrific to work with. Had it not been for Brandon ** I probably would have kept renting. He was in constant contact with me patiently answering every question in a very timely manner. Will ** ensured we made our Closing date. I also enjoyed the fact I could use the Loan Tracker which was a great help as well. Even though there are so many steps in purchasing a home, you must speak to a few different people in their respective areas, Brandon was still there ensuring all was going well for me. I realize WF didn't have the best reputation but I have absolutely nothing but praise for the service I've personally received. Thank you, Brandon & Will, for helping me fulfill my dream!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Although the mortgage application process was lengthy, stressful and, at times, personally invasive, it was a worthwhile experience. The only reason I say this, is because my Mortgage Consultant, Brett **, Melbourne, FL, was there for me every step of the way. He is diligent, resourceful, compassionate, and has a great sense of humor. Why is this important? Many times throughout the mortgage process, I wanted to bail and ditch the entire scene, and remain in my apt. for eternity. It was a real struggle for me, to put my entire life savings down on a home, and the decision was almost unbearable: At times, I felt myself unraveling at the seams.

Ultimately, I needed a directional path, as to why I should even attempt this. Mr. ** provided reassurance, personal experience, and was prompt with all his advice and replies. And, since he was in another city, often times offered for me to transfer to another consultant, if more convenient for myself. I chose, however, to retain his services, as it is my nature to remain loyal. Although, as a Wells Fargo customer for 30 years, I feel no loyalty to Wells Fargo or any establishment. Yet, when someone special represents a company or corporation, the lines are blurred and human interaction becomes the key factor. I encourage anyone desiring a mortgage or any major decision in life, to seek out and find the diamond in the rough, and maybe you will learn something of value in the process.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 15, 2019

I submitted a written request to Wells Fargo to cancel my autopay because the house was in the process of closing and I wanted it paid out of escrow. Unfortunately, those Wells timely received the request - they did not act on it. I called and faxed a letter after receiving a call from someone saying they had not received the request from me until after the withdrawal date (I had a letter from Wells saying they received my fax 10 days earlier).

Enter Colby. He walked me through the process of getting everything fixed, getting the funds reimbursed (since they were paid through closing) and getting everything handled. He advised me when he would be out of the office, so I would know what to expect in terms of his response time. I appreciated his willingness to go above and beyond. I don't have a great opinion of Wells generally, since they are always in the news for pretty crappy stuff. But this time, I have to give them some props. They got this taken care of... And other lenders with inconsistent information and phones they won't answer could learn something from Colby.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2019

The bank sent me a letter stating they will no longer allow additional escrow. I already know at the end of the upcoming fiscal year they will tell me I am short and raise my mortgage payment. I'm not sure if this is a new Gov. rule or WFargo just chooses not to accept addition escrow.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I haven't had any issue. I have called the mortgage dept several times about escrow. My questions and request are quickly resolved. Wells Fargo took over the mortgage about a year of being with First Natl. Bank of Douglas.

Original review: May 4, 2019

15 years with this mortgage company, Wells Fargo - I haven't receive any product or any sort of advertising from to response as business relationship, so I have not much to say. However, all I did is keeping my payment on time, except a few credit cards. I think Wells Fargo done a great job on delivery good mortgage rates and availability to fit consumer income on their budget into one piece count.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

With my mortgage I have an escrow account to cover my taxes and insurance premiums. I come to find out that after my 1st year with Wells Fargo they never sent my insurance a premium payment for coverage renewal. This is a property investment in a flood zone that hasn't had coverage for now over 2 weeks where they can't get there act together. There's nothing difficult about it, I would have paid the renewal premium myself but that would DEFEAT THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF HAVING AN ESCROW ACCOUNT!! I've had my agent fax them the policy where they just have to process the payment and still no results. They can't do their job and at my business expense.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

WF did not report on my mortgage for 3 years. I contacted them 3 different times. Each time I was promised it would be corrected. They failed to correct it 3 times. I disputed the error through the credit bureaus and WF said the information was correct. The payoff amount and balance due were off by 15k. When I showed them they said it would take 2 weeks to review - not correct but to review.

After 3 weeks of waiting they called to discuss the situation but only after they verified my information. The last part of the verification was my last 4 digits of my social sec. number. I gave them the wrong number on purpose. But they completed the verification and continued discussing my situation. I called them out for not doing a proper verification. I asked the rep for a copy of the recorded call but they refused. I would never do business with them again and if I ever get another mortgage through a broker I will require they can sell it to anybody except WF.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

WF is completely and totally incompetent with regard to keeping track of client's homeowner's insurance info. Four (4) time since Sept. 9, 2019 WF has sent dunning letters indicating that we failed to provide proof of homeowners insurance despite having done so proactively prior to first notice and in response to each and every follow-up.

When I finally spoke to Victoria today she indicated that there were four (4) copies of proof in the file. Today I received another letter threatening to charge me $1,936.00 because they can not find proof of last year's insurance, also provided on multiple occasions. Additionally, in August WF paid the wrong (former) Flood Carrier and then sent we nasty letters for having not paid the correct carrier. My insurance agent and I have spent many hours working to correct WF's many failures. Even as I write this I have NO ASSURANCE that there records are correct, despite our herculean efforts to resolve THEIR errors. Total inability to perform and zero customer service - just word tracks and the runaround! I so wish my mortgage had not been sold to them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I wanted to fix my home loan with Wells Fargo, and they insisted that I only qualified to get a Home Loan Modification, because I am a public school teacher and did not make enough money. They insisted that the only way to get this modification was not to pay 4 months of mortgage. I told them I was scared to do this for fear of foreclosure. They assured me I had nothing to worry about, because worse case scenario they would add these months to the end of my loan, and said that even if it took time, I would have no problems with the modification. Before I knew it, and with no warnings, Wells Fargo put me in Foreclosure. I had to borrow $14,000 in one week to get out of foreclosure. Needless to say, they ruined my credit. I had to get help from Keep Your Home California.

Wells Fargo caused me tremendous suffering, and anxiety. I wrote President Stumpf of Wells Fargo at the time twice complaining of such injustice, but never heard back from him. A couple of months ago I spoke to Trish ** of the Executive team, and asked again how I can fix my loan without having to go with a modification that caused me so much suffering. The Executive Team said that if everything I said was true, they would reimburse me my $14,000. Wells Fargo said they would have an answer in 10 days after investigating.

Over 2 months passed and they couldn't come up with any letters or evidence that they had forewarned me about my foreclosure, but insisted they had done nothing wrong. I told Trish ** that they had no such proof, because they had never sent me a letter to warn me, or to give me a chance to avoid foreclosure. I told her the only way she would produce any type of letter or letters is if she wrote them now and back dated them, and that's exactly what Wells Fargo did. They sent me letters that they now wrote and back dated them. Letters I have NEVER received in my life. They are the most vile, crooked bank I have ever seen!! They have the worst reputation, and stomp on people like teachers without any regard for making them go into hardship.

They know that they are a giant, and that people won't come against them, and that for the most part will keep quiet. As God is my witness, I have spoken the truth, and would tell everyone in the United States to NEVER do business with such a bank with disgusting practices!! I have called many lawyers to sue them, but no one wants to come against such an entity, and that unfortunately, is what this bank banks on!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Let me first state that I am a current Wells Fargo home loan customer. My first mortgage was with Wells Fargo and went smoothly so naturally I thought going through Wells again for another home loan would be a relatively smooth process. Well I was wrong. Initially things seemed on track and moving along but when we got down to the last couple of weeks the process seems to hit a wall. The team working the loan processing seemed completely incompetent of working a loan through the Wells Fargo loan conveyor belt. I understand it’s a very large financial firm and they likely process hundreds of loans a quarter but none the less, keeping the customer happy and up-to-date on the status of things seemed to be the least of their priorities.

My wife and I had to kick over the team multiple times to get updates, status, and to push the loan along. We both escalated as far up the food chain as we possibly could just to get someone to respond to our questions. Our “dedicated” mortgage processor was so far out of the loop that we would get answers like, “well I don’t know how to get in touch with them” or “now that it is with the underwriters there is nothing we can do but wait”. And wait we did...

There was a minor issue with the property appraisal, where a checkbox to designate the property was part of a PUD wasn’t checked. Well that’s because there was an optional HOA but the property was not deeded as a PUD. The Wells Fargo underwriters could not seem to unravel themselves from that one which delayed the loan to an extension beyond the original closing date. Oh and they didn’t even look at the property appraisal until the week before the closing date all while having access to it weeks before. I could go on and on but the review needs to be within reason. The gist is I would never recommend Wells Fargo as a loan institution to anyone I cared even a little about.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information