Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.77/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I was a first time home buyer who was very apprehensive about WF and the entire process. I decided to give WF a chance anyway. I must say, they stand with you every step of the way. Brandon ** and Will ** was terrific to work with. Had it not been for Brandon ** I probably would have kept renting. He was in constant contact with me patiently answering every question in a very timely manner. Will ** ensured we made our Closing date. I also enjoyed the fact I could use the Loan Tracker which was a great help as well. Even though there are so many steps in purchasing a home, you must speak to a few different people in their respective areas, Brandon was still there ensuring all was going well for me. I realize WF didn't have the best reputation but I have absolutely nothing but praise for the service I've personally received. Thank you, Brandon & Will, for helping me fulfill my dream!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Although the mortgage application process was lengthy, stressful and, at times, personally invasive, it was a worthwhile experience. The only reason I say this, is because my Mortgage Consultant, Brett **, Melbourne, FL, was there for me every step of the way. He is diligent, resourceful, compassionate, and has a great sense of humor. Why is this important? Many times throughout the mortgage process, I wanted to bail and ditch the entire scene, and remain in my apt. for eternity. It was a real struggle for me, to put my entire life savings down on a home, and the decision was almost unbearable: At times, I felt myself unraveling at the seams.

Ultimately, I needed a directional path, as to why I should even attempt this. Mr. ** provided reassurance, personal experience, and was prompt with all his advice and replies. And, since he was in another city, often times offered for me to transfer to another consultant, if more convenient for myself. I chose, however, to retain his services, as it is my nature to remain loyal. Although, as a Wells Fargo customer for 30 years, I feel no loyalty to Wells Fargo or any establishment. Yet, when someone special represents a company or corporation, the lines are blurred and human interaction becomes the key factor. I encourage anyone desiring a mortgage or any major decision in life, to seek out and find the diamond in the rough, and maybe you will learn something of value in the process.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I submitted a written request to Wells Fargo to cancel my autopay because the house was in the process of closing and I wanted it paid out of escrow. Unfortunately, those Wells timely received the request - they did not act on it. I called and faxed a letter after receiving a call from someone saying they had not received the request from me until after the withdrawal date (I had a letter from Wells saying they received my fax 10 days earlier).

Enter Colby. He walked me through the process of getting everything fixed, getting the funds reimbursed (since they were paid through closing) and getting everything handled. He advised me when he would be out of the office, so I would know what to expect in terms of his response time. I appreciated his willingness to go above and beyond. I don't have a great opinion of Wells generally, since they are always in the news for pretty crappy stuff. But this time, I have to give them some props. They got this taken care of... And other lenders with inconsistent information and phones they won't answer could learn something from Colby.

Resolution response: Sept. 10, 2019

The bank sent me a letter stating they will no longer allow additional escrow. I already know at the end of the upcoming fiscal year they will tell me I am short and raise my mortgage payment. I'm not sure if this is a new Gov. rule or WFargo just chooses not to accept addition escrow.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I haven't had any issue. I have called the mortgage dept several times about escrow. My questions and request are quickly resolved. Wells Fargo took over the mortgage about a year of being with First Natl. Bank of Douglas.

Original review: May 4, 2019

15 years with this mortgage company, Wells Fargo - I haven't receive any product or any sort of advertising from to response as business relationship, so I have not much to say. However, all I did is keeping my payment on time, except a few credit cards. I think Wells Fargo done a great job on delivery good mortgage rates and availability to fit consumer income on their budget into one piece count.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have struggled to pay mortgage at times, and they only compound your problems. Also tried to claim attorney fees that weren't charged. My other mortgage is with a local bank, they will work with you. Difference is night and day.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Wells Fargo has errors that I have made them aware of since Feb. 1, 2014 in regards to my HUD 1, modification errors and escrow miscalculation I have filed with CFPB, OCC, HUD, Wells Fargo and etc. They continue to send me the same answers to my concern but there are several lawsuits against Wells Fargo with others having the same issues regarding Wells Fargo miscalculations of modifications and escrow errors and wrongfully foreclosure on their property and my property. I have supporting documentation I have provided to Wells Fargo with comments and they are ignoring them continuously.

I have consulted with their branches, attorneys and other complaint agencies and everyone see the errors but the Wells Fargo Executive Office. My bankruptcy Judge and attorney clearly see the mistakes but since I have dismissed my Bankruptcy because Wells Fargo did not correct their errors which has caused a hardship and my home to be in the foreclosure process numerous times.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have been a customer with WF for over 30 years, That is about to end after my recent home mortgage experience. Initially, I dealt with a banking assistant who was in mortgage related training. After several mortgage calculation errors, I reached out to her superior to oversee the process. During this process, he gave me a closing date that was critically linked to my out of state move. He failed to fulfill this closing date, which generated additional travel and lodging expense for me (new closing date). Lastly, I was told from the onset that I was eligible for a $500 gift card as a former union member. Mysteriously, this did not apply after the loan was closed. Abysmal customer service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We applied to get a loan from multiple lenders. We filled out the loan application for Wells Fargo lending and put in all the information and uploaded our tax returns. Wells Fargo contacted us and pre-approved us for a loan. It was more than any other lender would approve us for so we were very hesitant. We told our Wells Fargo agent both over the phone and in email of our concerns and he assured/promised us that all the information was in the computer and that we would be backed for the loan if we went under contract for a home. So we looked for a home and made an offer and had it accepted and went under contract. We talked to our agent again and started uploading the contract and other documents and signing forms and continuing the process.

We made the Wells Fargo payment and our agent said we would hear from someone else. We do the house inspection and tell the place we currently live that we will be moving because they ask for a 60 day notification. A few days later our realtor texts us and says the appraisal has been canceled. We hadn't heard from anyone else at Wells Fargo so we don't know what's up. I call Wells Fargo and eventually this is how I find out that yes, the appraisal has been canceled and there might be an issue. By the end of the week we find out that we would not get the loan.

At this point I start talking to the manager of the agent because this was our biggest fear going into this whole thing so we tried to make sure that it wouldn't happen and then it happened and we feel that it was due to mistakes made on the Wells Fargo end. We were disappointed and angry that we lost money because mistakes Wells Fargo made so we talked to the manager and he sent us over to recovery and even after an "investigation" they won't do anything for us. We would have never even started looking for a home if we had't been told that we would be backed for the loan so now we're out a good chunk of money and we're honestly lucky to not be homeless. The least they could do is reimburse the money we put into this because of their mistakes.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I started a refinance with Wells Fargo June 3rd 2019 as they are my current mortgage company and thought it would be a smooth process. I submitted all the documentation in a timely manner. They charged $500 for the appraisal over 2 months ago. My rate lock expires 10/3. It is now 9/10 and I cannot get anyone to call me back - the original loan officer I was dealing with I just found out left the company (although it would take him minimum 1 week to respond anyways). I have left messages for his boss and have tried to contact numerous people. No one knows what is going on. They say they will escalate yet still no return phone calls from anyone. At this point I have considered this refinance a waste of my time and am exploring other options through other banks. Wells Fargo will not only lose my current mortgage but I also plan to pull my checking and savings with W.F. as well. I'm done with them.

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information