1.02/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Citizens One

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Citizens One Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I'm an 100% disabled veteran who has all my major bills paid by my bank NFCU, once a month on the 1st; I am charged misc. fees, & receive past due notices & inconsistent % charged on my loan. Frustrated!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The personal loans site has a page to make one-time payments and to payoff your loan. The form on the page does not function. On submit, you get the following message: paymentAmount must be of the form "99999999.999". This message has been present for 6 months (at least). I spoke with a customer service representative, he confirmed this is a known issue, they have no timeline to fix it, and could not tell me about their process to get it on a backlog.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I moved from Ohio to New Mexico and had to make numerous requests for a Lien holder Title. Only to find out that Citizens One state change requests are processed by a third party and they charge $36.00 to process and release your title to the DMV. I began this process in July 2019 and have still not been able to register my vehicle in October 2019. I spoke with Citizens One and the third party, My Title Support, today and was told it would be another 6 weeks. My temporary registration runs out every 30 days, which means I will have to sit at the DMV at least 2-3 more times. I will be looking to refinance my car as soon as possible. I do not recommend working with Citizens One or their fishy "third party."

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

All I see is bad reviews about this bank. Mine was not exception. Can all of us get together to formally sue this bank. They sent me to collections for a $38 balance on a car loan that I ended up returning the very next day because I didn't agree with the dealership to purchase their GAP. I called the bank and they told me they can't do anything and I had to pay or be sent to collection...and they did...Can we all do something about this bank and take this further and not just post bad reviews.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Our home loan was sold to Citizens One. Every month they processed our payment incorrectly so we had to call and waste 30-45 minutes on the phone. Everyone was pleasant, they just do not know anything about loans, how to make corrections or look up something on the computer. One month, while calling to have the payment corrected Again....my husband had to explain to a nice lady there how a payoff amount is calculated. In the past 3 months we have paid off this loan instead of another with higher interest just so we do not have to deal with the aggravation each month. I am sure it will be a long wait for the deed and 100+ from escrow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens One?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Everything about this company’s construction loan process is horrible. You aren’t kept in the loop on anything and you are lied to throughout the whole process, including what your payment will be. The disclosure we signed at closing stated one payment amount, but in reality, it’s going to be about $400 more than that amount for the “interest only” first year of the construction loan. We banked on what they told us at closing and now it’s going to cost us about $3200 more than we budgeted for. We have been long time Citizens customers but we will be leaving the bank altogether after this horrific experience. I would NEVER recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Lies about rates using "Find my Rate" tool. Unlike other refinancing banks like ELFI or SoFi where you "Find My Rate"-> Choose a rate -> Apply for that rate and get offered THAT EXACT RATE, Citizens One gives you nice low rates using that tool but then right before clicking Submit on your application, they tell you your rate is WAY higher than they initially offered (mine went from 4.13 to "from 4.63 - 9.68"). Not even close to what they offered before, even though they claim to do the same soft pull in both cases.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Citizens One Mortgage started servicing my home loan & all was fine until my loan payment increased due to an escrow shortage. My payment was set up on autopay through my bank & before I could revise the autopay payment to the increased amount my bank sent a payment for the original payment amount. I realized this two days after the low payment was sent so I figured how much more I needed to add to make up the difference between my previous payment and the new payment. That amount came to $92 so I sent an additional $100 to cover the difference.

About two weeks later I received a letter from Citizens One stating that my loan payment was past due. I also received a refund check of $100. I called customer service and was told that they do not accept payments that are not at least the full payment amount. I explained that I sent the extra $100 because my bank had already sent a payment that was $92 short. They just said that they don’t accept payments that are less than the payment amount so that’s why my $100 was refunded. I said well what about the payment that was $92 short. She said that if I made a payment for the balance owed she would make sure they didn’t refund that payment too. So I gave her my credit card info to cover the $92 balance. She ran it and said all was good and that the issue was resolved. She also stated that her system was acting up and that it didn’t give her a confirmation number but that it had posted and was fine.

Well, a week later she calls & leaves a voicemail that the payment didn’t go through so I needed to call them and make the payment again. That was on a Friday afternoon and I was unable to call back before they closed that day and of course customer service isn’t open on weekends. The next day I received a notification from my credit monitoring service that Citizens One reported that I missed a payment! WTH?

When I called about getting the $100 refund I asked the lady how long Citizens One had been servicing mortgages because they didn’t seem to have very much experience and that of all the mortgages I’ve had (which is dozens as a real estate investor) I’ve never had a servicer not accept partial payment to add to a short payment. She said she wasn’t sure but that she could transfer me to someone that could answer that question. I declined her offer. This company is terrible!! And because they took over the servicing I did not choose them. If you have a choice DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Customer service is terrible and bank cares nothing for customers. I called to make payment and during phone call requested auto deduction be stopped. My account was auto deducted despite this and checking account was charged fees. I had called 4x requesting review of charges and was told different things each time. The customer service reps completely useless and the manager unwilling to help. I was charged 145 in fees due to their error. This place is the most unprofessional mortgage company I have ever dealt with and will outright lie to avoid any fault.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I paid my loan in full, and I'm having the hardest time getting my title for my car. Every time I call them it is 50 minute wait to get someone to help me and they can't figure out how to release my title to DMV digitally so I can pick it up. Now they are telling me that my title has a name error and I have to pay them 36 dollars and wait 15-20 days to get it corrected after waiting almost a full week just for them to tell me that!!! I've bought other cars before and they just sent me my title once I've paid it off but this company gives you runaround and holds your title! Never again would get another car loan from this company!!!

Citizens One Company Information