Citizens One

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I did the Apple upgrade program on 11/2 and then decided after that I would go another route and returned the phone on 11/3. I got an email from Apple and Citizens One saying that it would take 5-7 business days for the refund to process. More than 10 business days later I called and I was told it was Apple who needed to complete the refund. I told them that I got an email from Citizens One saying they would be processing my refund in 5-7 days and the lady on the phone then changed her story and said it's taking longer for refunds and to 'be patient'. It would take 7-14 business days.

Now I am going on almost a month and I call them again and they tell me that the other two pieces of information I got was wrong and to disregard the email because it would take 30 business days! Not to mention to get a hold of someone is nearly impossible, you can't find a phone number anywhere. I will NEVER do the Apple Upgrade program again, I will only go through my phone provider from now on. This has been an absolutely ridiculous experience!

Thank you to all of you who shared your experiences. I received a mailing and was about to respond and get their credit card. All your comments were about homeowner loans. That is not my problem; my house would not be involved at all. But it still was scary to learn how they dealt with customers of many years. Shocking. I was about to get a small (comparatively) loan to move into my new place, and ILf, before closing on my house, then planned to pay it off immediately, within two months of getting the loan. Hearing how difficult it was to pay off a loan, probably any loan, caused me to reconsider dealing this bank, if that is what it is. Thank you to all, and the best of luck getting it all resolved.

Requested and was charged for forms needed to refinance with another bank. Form indicates information would be received within 10 days. Called to check status as never received and was assured they were mailed 8/18/16 - never received. Phoned again 8/25/16 to once again check status was assured information would be considered high priority and faxed by end of date and/or at the very least no later than 8/26/16 - never happened. Received two blank form letters in the US mail 8/26/16 from Melanie L Reid; Senior Vice President, that forms were enclosed which they were not. Nobody around on weekends to assist.

The longer they take to provide paid for information the more interest the collect on these loans - I am told this bank is famous for this. You will have no problem getting a loan (with a higher rate than others), but good luck trying to pay it off. I have been a loyal customer for many years and this is how I get treated. Not sure if this is illegal (but I will be researching), but can guarantee it is most definitely unethical.

Nightmare company to deal with. Please don't deal with them. We refinanced our house approximately two years ago when we got behind in payments. (In the two years CCO Mortgage change their name to Citizens One.) This refinancing helped us get back on track and we started making our payments. In August of that year Citizens One returned approximately 9,000.00 dollars that we had paid saying that we signed the agreement late and no longer had a mortgage.

We applied for Obama relief help and gathered all the information they needed and were declined. They said we could reapply and we did and again were denied because of something else. I believe we applied again and were told we were not eligible for some reason. (My husband has documented the exact dates and reasons.) They suggested we go for a short sale in January. We did get an offer and submitted it with all of the paperwork. We had no choice, we had no place to send mortgage monies. We sent the offer in with all the paperwork again and we were denied. They said we did not send the paperwork in time to stop the foreclosure auction.

Our house went to foreclosure auction on March 23, 2016 and Citizens One is now the proud owner and will put it on the market as soon as everything is out of the house. (A realtor let us know this.) We bought this house in 1987 and have paid the original mortgage of 105,000 several times by now. It is in a desirable neighborhood and our kids still have the friends they made. Many of our friends sold their house and upgraded. Now new families are raising their families with other young families like we did. I have heard that the bank does this to people who have owned their house for a long time and have paid the original mortgage and more over the years. They now get to sell the house and get more money.

To make things worse they kept on sending us monthly statements and ruined our credit because of the 240 late payments. I think our last statement was for 34,000.00 and even if we had it they would not accept it because they are saying we do not have a mortgage with them. We now are renting a condo where we pay more than we did in mortgage payments. This was not due because we did not have the monies to pay. We had no place to send the money. This has been a nightmare and I hope no one else goes through what we have.

CCO Mortgage is a second lien holder on my property. The first mortgage approved a short sale giving 12,000 to the second lienholder CCO Mortgage. CCO Mortgage now wants me to pay an additional 10,000 to them. I agree to give them the HAFA money and sign a promissory note until closing. Well now 3 days before closing they want me to send in $10,000 upfront, which I don't have. The CCO people said they'd rather lose everything and let the property go to foreclosure. Meanwhile, the buyers have a clear to close with a lender ready to do the loan... Can the government talk some sense into these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizens One?

I had applied a loan back on 2011. I had sent in all of my information to the Department of loss mitigation so they didn't bother to call me back to see if I were approve or not. Three years later I reapplied for it again, only this time they're asking me about lien being put on my property from another bank. I had told them no. That there was never a lien on the property. They had sent me a letter saying that I was denied for this loan because I didn't give them a enough information for them to approve me and I had also come to find out they gave me and my mother a high loan rate % 6.2. I am not happy.

After trying to get a modification for an upside down loan they denied my modification. They set impossible ranges to get modification. They process each person’s income and expenses in a different way from modification to modification. For instance if you qualify for their modification ranges in debt to income ratio they will use your back end debt to ratio instead and then disqualify you. I recently got a mortgage modification with Wells Fargo on my first mortgage but CCO is my second mortgage and they denied and flat out refused to modify my mortgage with them even though I should qualify.

The final decisioner told me that I would need several thousands of dollars to qualify for the mortgage modification (if I had several thousands of dollars then I would not qualify because I would have been out of range on the debt to income side), although I qualified for modification via debt to income. However, they were using my back-end debt to income ratio instead. I was told several things throughout the process including I was approved for the modification to only learn that I was not approved.

In some ways I feel I was being discriminated against for being white, although I know white is not a protected class. I was lied to several times and everyone I talked to at CCO mortgage told me totally different stories. I have recorded all conversations with CCO Mortgage due to dual consent because they say in all of their calls the call is being recorded, so in a lot of states that means that is dual consent meaning that you can record the call as well even though you don't tell them that. This is due to the fact that they told you the call was being recorded in the first place and this includes them being recorded.

If you tell them you are recording the call they will actually tell you to stop though, so I never tell them I am recording the call because I have dual consent anyhow. I plan to post all of my recording on YouTube for other to learn from after I remove my personal info from the calls. In conclusion I believe it to be impossible to get a mortgage modification due to CCO violation federal fair practices acts (even though they send you to the federal HAMP website). They will continue to get away with it until they are sued by a class action suit like other banks have been shown can happen. My opinion is that they only offer a modification to gather additional information about you to use against you later.

One other thing I would like to say is that my loan originated from Charter One "AKA CCO". They then switch my loan over to CCO mortgage "AKA Charter One" after I applied for the modification. I never signed any change to my loan terms because they never approved a modification for me although they changed my loan terms telling me if I pay down my equity loan that I cannot draw on it no more. This is terms I never agreed to. This is just another example of unfair practices that CCO Mortgage chooses to practice as though there are no laws or they are above the law.

I also wanted to share that I was told on a recorded call that there is no federal law saying that I have the right to appeal a denial of mortgage modification in which I found to not be true. So beware of CCO Mortgage and Charter one Home Loans. They practice unfair practices at the consumer expense. I do plan to file a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) as a result of my unfair treatment by Charter One Bank and CCO Mortgage and local government to report the unfair consumer practices they use.

On August 14, 2015, after being a faithful customer of CCO Mortgage for approximately ten years, funds were issued to pay off my home owner's mortgage. I phoned to inquire when I should expect my escrow refund and was told I would be issued a CHECK in 15 to 18 business days. I asked why it would take so long and why the funds could not be deposited electronically to my Citizens Bank account. I was quite curtly told by a Customer Representative who identified herself as Shannon, "that was the policy." She also practically scolded me stating I had called earlier in the month with the same question.

At the end of this call I called again and requested a Supervisor. This Customer Rep told me she would have a supervisor call me which did occur within about one half hour. The Supervisor again stated this was company policy and the funds could not be electronically deposited into my account. Is this company back in the Stone Age? CCO Mortgage has always accepted my electronic payments monthly, plus I'm sure the funds for the payoff were received by your company electronically. And Citizens Bank has never hesitated to withdraw $35 from my account ELECTRONICALLY on the times I have had insufficient funds to cover a check. But you can't refund my escrow electronically? Really? I find that ludicrous in this age of technology.

I am furious that I received such an abrupt attitude from Shannon and then be told MY MONEY won't be returned for almost three weeks. This is unconscionable and unacceptable. Your on-hold message states that customer satisfaction, loyalty and trust are very important to your company. This is misleading and you have failed miserably. My husband has a progressive illness for which I need this money which is mine to begin with, for his medications. I was depending on it after my payoff was completed. Do you withhold that money longer in order to accrue more interest? I am angry and disgusted with your company and I WILL spread the word.

Have current loan from CCO mortgage and never missed payment in 10 years and with credit score over 700. Wanted to refinance current balance. No cash out for shorter time period with lower interest rate leaving monthly payments the same. Was told everything would go through smoothly being a current customer. Filled out paperwork. Sent in, then payed $500 for appraisal and was told we would close a few weeks after. After a month and a half I began calling and no one would return my calls. Finally got someone in the phone and they requested more info and was told one more week. Finally another month goes by. With weekly calls I get ahold of someone who says loan is held up in processing.

I speak to supervisor who gives a list reasons, from new computer system to phantom letter sent requesting more info. I send requested info and start calling after a week to make sure additional info was received and things are moving forward. Finally receive letter stating loan denied which is a total mystery. Good credit, pay bills on time, ten year CCO mortgage customer. Never a late payment and they basically stole $500, caused me a great deal of stress. I would recommend you stay away from this company. Worst experience with any company. Now fighting to get fee back and filing complaints on state and local level.

CCO Mortgage has been our mortgage lender for the past 6 years. We were referred to them by Citizens bank. CCO is a branch of Citizens. Citizens bank had our home loan and then when we bought a rental home they talked us into putting both homes under the same mortgage to save interest. Everything was okay for 1 month. We then began receiving late payment notices from them. I would call and tell them payment was made. They just argued even when I had proof of payment and I always did. They kept sending me to different departments and different staff. We then received a foreclosure notice after they started refusing our payments. It was at this time that we owed them 1,600.00 and they sent it back. Prior to this, we received statements stating that we owed them 6,000 or 5,000 etc. and we just kept paying them despite proof that we did not owe them. We sold everything and it never got better.

We went to an attorney to try to get this resolved. He recommended that we sell our rental property and pay them what they said we owed in late payments. We sent them 67,000 more dollars. They put 17,000 of this as interest owed, 21,000 went to their attorney and the remainder as late payments. It was fine for 2 months then we got a letter from them stating that we owed them 1500.00 for appraisal. This was after we got a letter from their attorney stating a 0.00 balance, only what we still owed as the remainder of the mortgage. I argued this. It went nowhere and is still on our statement. I continued making monthly payments to them to improve our credit so we could refinance with another lender. This month I received a letter of default from them for April and May payments. I called them with the check #'s and the dates that they cleared their bank. This got me nowhere. They are now saying that I owe them 7,500 in late payments and fees.

The extortion began again. There is absolutely no one at this lenders to assist, we are fighting a losing battle with them. This bank is a predator. We are good people that just want to pay our mortgage off. It is my fault that we went with Citizens bank to finance our home. Thanks to them we have almost lost everything. We have nothing left to sell, despite what we pay them they keep saying that we owe them more. I pray that other innocent people do not go to them for any reason. If anyone out there has any idea what we can do we would sincerely appreciate it as this is ongoing and there appears to be no happy ending, for us anyway. Citizens Bank/CCO mortgage seem to be profiting very nicely from their apparently legal extortion lending.

Stay away and thank me later. These scum bags are the worst of the worst. I will save you all the details. They simply will not allow my refinance to go through. They sit on a high horse and come up with insane requirements that are ridiculous.

May 2014 I received a call from CCO letting me know my 2nd lien mortgage account was past due. I informed them that is impossible because our payments are auto drafted. Customer service then informed me, "Since you are in bankruptcy your payments will no longer be auto drafted." Come to find out they had mistaken me with someone with the same name. I have been dealing with this for a year. They still don't have our auto draft set back up even though I have continued to do this over and over again. They have reported us to the credit bureaus showing late pays. When I call just about every month having to explain all this, they inform me they will only write one letter to the credit bureau to correct their mistake and I will have to write a letter of explanation and mail it to CCO for review. Before all of this happened our payment had never been late for 8 years. If any lender ever recommends CCO mortgage beware - they are idiots!!!

I'm a realtor in TN. My clients are buying a home here. We have missed the closing by one week and still don't have a firm HUD for my clients. There is only one phone number to call and it's a personal cell. That loan officer is on vacation and hasn't returned the Title Co. and my calls since yesterday. Just got through to her and she doesn't have any idea when the loan will get through processing. Fortunately for this closing the sellers have moved and didn't need the closing funds to make that move.

In other cases, this delay could have affected several sales. Most homes are contingent upon the successful sale of a previous home. I have personally had to tract down the appraiser and encourage the movement from his office to Solidifi, to CCO. Solidify is as bad as CCO. The housing loan market is really a mess, and I understand the govt. has put into effect new rules for closing property. We are being warned by the title co. here that closings will be even longer! It's beyond my comprehension that a loan officer only has a personal cell to reach the company. When I tried to go through CCO Mortgage to get her office number, the clerk had no way to figure out who she was or how to get a hold of her office. Get your loans locally!

Come to find out, it's the day of closing and they were requested a payoff three days ago. We don't have it yet. We call them up and get the customer service rep buffer. She said it had to go through their payoff dept which takes 3-5 days. So, to get a piece of paper with the payoff, which they have available immediately, they require 3-5 days. I asked to speak to the department and get the same issue... Customer service rep is the buffer between you and people who can get things done. I ask to speak to a supervisor. She said she would have one call me back sometime. Please, find someone else instead. Don't borrow money from them. It's not worth the hassle. If you do, pray you don't need anything else from them. If you are with them, you can get through the million menus of options by pressing zero repeatedly.

CCO Mortgage is a vulture. We requested for a modification for a loan that has garnered so much payment(s) in interest for the past ten years. Their modus operandi: they call countless times and ask for endless paperwork... only to stall you. Why can't they make a list of stuff they needed & call you... instead of giving you bits & pieces of a list. Not only is it time consuming but it costs to send stuff in the mail. If a consumer never had a default in mortgage payments, & is willing to continue to pay with some consideration in lowering such second mortgage, why would CCO mortgage make it more difficult? They claim to help--- instead, they create a nightmare & build a mountain out of a mole hill. CCO Mortgage---what a tragedy. :(

My property has been in foreclosure, but I have been paying payments. A couple of times the payments were sent back because a chapter 13 was filed. When CCO was called, they gave no information and said they would contact me - they didn't. I called to pay off the property and CCO would not give me the amount. Instead, they claim they will mail it to me in 5-7 business days. I can't get any information and customer service is not a help. I was given a number to call for the pay-off department (1-888-999-1834) and it sounds like a fax - just noise.

On Tues 04/14/15 morning I called and requested a "payoff" letter from CCO Mortgage as requested by our attorney. Even at this time (Mon, 04/20/15) we do not have a definite closing date, but have been given a tentative closing date of 04/30. I gave this date to the CCO Mortgage rep and requested that the "payoff" letter 'process' be expedited in lieu of the closing date. I was told that it will take CCO Mort. 3-5 business days to "complete the process" (to complete the letter). I was informed at that time if I wanted this letter faxed to my attorney, they charge a $25.00 "fax fee." I requested the letter be mailed via the USPS under the assumption we would have the letter in time.

I called CCO again today to find out if the letter had been completed yet and was told it was not done yet. When I asked when I might be receiving it, I was told "we have 3-5 business days to complete it," with tomorrow (04/21) being "business day" 5. Then, it would take 1-2 more "business days" to get to the mail-room. Following that, it might take an additional 7-10 "business days" for the letter to be received at our mailing address.

Today, after bringing this to my mother's (the property owner) attention (that this "payoff letter" has not yet been completed), she called and requested that the letter be faxed to the attorney's office at her expense ($25.00). My mother was informed that because she is changing the way the letter is forwarded to the attorney, it would take an additional 5-7 business days!!!

We are at the mercy of this mortgage company AND are being charged a large amount for what will probably cost them total, less than $1.00 in the actual cost of the fax 'process.' This company seems to be taking advantage of the position we are in and is aloof to how many and/or whomever is waiting on them (the high and almighty mortgage company) to process what I think is a very simple request!!!

I have attempted for four years to get a modification of my second mortgage held by CCO Mortgage. They accept the paperwork, ask for more and then deny because of my debt to ratio, i.e., they feel I can afford to pay their interest rate of 8.25 but I cannot afford to pay a lower interest rate. I have been in touch with HOPE (hopeless......) have written everyone from local, state and federal government. I have researched CCO and the complaints are endless, from five years old, and not resolved. Although it was difficult, I my first mortgage, with Chase, was modified to a 2 per cent rate for five years. I thoughtlessly entered into a 2nd mortgage, originally with Coldwell Banker, in 2006 so I could do necessary repair work and remodeling to the house. In nine years, the balance has only reduced from $21,000 to $19,800 because it appears to be an almost interest only payback loan.

Why does the government allow this to happen to its citizens and why do they smear all over Facebook that we can get help? Not if you are with CCO Mortgage. I hope anyone who reads this will consider a class action lawsuit and I hope an attorney out there will consider taking one on. This is not a frivolous lawsuit - it is so necessary to stop this criminal action against homeowners.

Attempted to get a Pay-off for a 2nd mortgage. I have currently been waiting a week and have NOT gotten it. Based on legal requirements they are supposed to have it in 5 business days...That is the Maximum time. Most lenders will have it same or next day. We are now on day 6. I am a mortgage originator (for over 19 years) and have never wasted so much time to get one. They are going to cost my client $607.50 to get an extension on an interest rate.

My father who is 84 years old and lives in Tunkhannock Penn, had a mortgage with RBS. They set up a new company called CCO Mortgage. This company stopped sending my father mortgage statements 10 months ago. However my father on the first of every month wired them the mortgage payment. When he asked why he was not getting statements they told him he had missed a payment and they would not send any statements until he sent them the missed money. Even though we have proof of every payment my father sent in another payment. That was Feb of 2014. Still today Jan. 20 2015 he has not gotten a monthly mortgage statement. We have just since hired an attorney who is having the same problem we do. NO ONE from CCO Mortgage will call you back, and if you do happen to get a live person they cut you off, they just don't want to hear it.

Horrible mortgage company.... They bought out the mortgage company my parents had a mortgage through, so unfortunately my parents have them now....... Back in June, a tree fell on my parents' house and since they still owe CCO some money, they have been holding up money from the insurance company since June and are still making my parents jump through endless hoops so my parents can get what is rightfully theirs - insurance money. They have done nothing but make this reconstruction process more difficult for my parents. My parents actually had to borrow money from their bank to work on the house because CCO was holding up the insurance money. This company totally sucks - do not use them.

They took money from my Escrow to pay my insurance. I had insurance, I had the paperwork faxed to them 3 times. Finally I had to become very ignorant and they stated they called the company and requested a refund. So they say. Go anywhere but here!

Yesterday, 11/19/2014 I got a phone call from an out of state area code and only heard STATIC. This happened again and I then looked up the area code on line. It was at that point that I called the number back and I easily reached CCO Mortgage. I was encouraged by a recorded voice to "share" any concerns or ways they could improve their service and my experience.

When pretty much through my own initiative I realized I had, by an oversight on my part, failed to pay my mortgage for the month of November. I went online and made the payment through Citizens Bank. Since the two companies are affiliated the payment will clear in one business day. I tried to log on at CCO and was locked out because of a previous attempt when I did not know my password. When I called CCO an agent reset my password and I am certain I entered it correctly but it did not work. In fact I said to the agent, "I should log on now while I have you on the phone". I called back and got an agent who "owned" the issue and I was successful. On their web page I typed out a lengthy detailed message, the form allows four thousand characters, and when I hit the send tab I found out I had timed out and so my composition was a total waste of MY time notwithstanding their assurances they want to hear about my experience with them.

The bottom line is they tried to contact me at an up to date working phone number and when I answered all I heard was STATIC. I have had the mortgage for 18 years and I was late one other time, again due to an oversight on my part. I suspect they have farmed out this part of their business and the communication systems with their contractor are less than optimal. What else am I to think because when I called the number back, bingo, I got CCO Mortgage. So they could not contact me, not because of me but because of them. When I tried to communicate with them their web page timed out without prompting me to refresh the page. If you go to their web page and look for a contact us link you will see there is no email address to do so which is entirely in keeping with their "attitude" and the way they do business. I bank with Citizens Bank, an affiliated company, and find them to be innovative and responsive. CCO Mortgage: not the same "thing".

We have been paying our mortgage on time for 18 months, and just last week, we received a letter from CCO stating that our escrow account was 5000 dollars in the red, and because of this, our mortgage was being increased by over 750 dollars a month for a period of one year. When I called the company and told them I could not afford an increase of this amount, they first suggested that I could expand my payments to 24 months, but the amount would be approximately 640 dollars a month more. When I asked if it could go further, they said it could be extended to 36 months, but the cost would then be 480 dollars more a month.

I exclaimed to the person that if I was to pay the 640 dollars, that would amount to 15,600 over the two years, and that 480 dollars over 36 months would equate to 17,280 dollars, and how was this compared to the amount of 5000 that they said I was short? The answer was, that because I couldn't pay the amount in the first 12 months (which the woman admitted was the banks error) that there were penalties. I was so upset, I hung up the phone as the woman I spoke to was very curt and short with me. How come we face penalties if it was admitted that it was CCO's fault? I have since contacted Citizen's Bank to lodge a complaint, which they said they were looking into this problem, and that I should continue to pay my usual payment until they could discover the problem.

I had my mortgage with Charter One Bank and they would go into my account every month and take out my payment. Charter One Bank sold to US Bank at which time I called the bank and was told it would be a smooth transition and that they would not leaving me hanging. Imagine my surprise in September when I received notice that my mortgage had not been paid for the month of August and Sept at which time I called thinking I was calling Charter One Bank. I was told my mortgage was sold to CCO Mortgage and that this was my fault because I did not update my information. I inquired how I can update something I did not even know happened.

I spoke to US Bank who stated my information was updated with CCO numerous times. For the past month it has been a nightmare. They have no supervisors available to call you back. They tell you they will call you by the end of the day and I have waited over a week for someone to return my call. You call back and they don't know who the person you spoke to is located. They told me it's taken care of and my account would be credited late fees and so imagine my surprise when I received a certified letter that my loan is in default. And I have started the whole process all over again. I have filed complaints with the attorney general's office and every banking regulator I have been able to find. But in the mean time my excellent credit is now a mess and I would never recommend anyone to take a mortgage out with CCOm. It is truly the biggest mess I've had to deal with. I don't know how they get away with it.

For roughly 12 years my wife and I have made every payment, even paid the home equity loan off early. The loan officer who is long gone with the office which is since torn down in Plattsburgh treated my wife and I like crap. Yet we never missed a payment, we kept our word and agreement. Past two years tried to re-finance the house not due to financial issues but for a better deal since our interest rate was extremely high. Again CCO mortgage wanted to take advantage of us and charge max rates and everything, plus the closing was extremely high so we left due to a better offer. We closed on August 20, 2014 roughly 16:00 hours, therefore the loan was paid in full, promise kept.

So when I tried to obtain and recollect the escrow account they told me wait a week, then two, then three. Was then told the check was in the mail as of September 05, 2014, so on September 12, 2014 when we received three letters from CCO Mortgage, all envelopes post mark September 10, 2014. First letter was dated August 29, 2014, second September 08, 2014 and lastly again September 08, 2014 but no check. I Called CCO mortgage and made them aware of these letters obtained but no check, which created a lie. Initially I was told the check was sent out on September 05, 2014, now September 04, 2014 is cited. They cannot explain why I have not obtained the check. They refuse to cancel the check and reissue directly to our account. They did not send it certified mail or return receipt nor can they tell me where it came from or the check number. Made them aware of the thirty-day rule!!! Their response!! We have to wait.

They note in the file my displeasure, frustration yet they offer no remedy. I ask to speak management!!! Their response!! Busy. I laugh because when you call CCO mortgage they tell you in a pre-recorded message "Satisfaction, Loyalty, trust mean everything to CCO mortgage." Well explain to me where the money is? Why do you lie? What have I done to deserve this behavior? And lastly I demand the money. Money which is clear and free of debt or lien but yet you act like a two bit criminal. This is just the beginning CCO because I will show & tell everyone about my Dissatisfaction, lack of loyalty you show, and inability to trust CCO mortgage. Remember, we kept our word.

Paid my mortgage now for 10 years never missed a payment. Just got laid off in February. Made payments to April. Wasn't going to be able to make May's payment. Called for a 1-month deferment hopefully. They don't offer any assistance for troubled homeowners. They told me I will have to pay late payments and will be reported to credit bureau. So basically, I'm going to lose my home eventually unless I go back to work soon. CCO sucks. Thanks for nothing, you bloodsucking pieces of crap.

In late 2010, we knew that in about 6 months or so that we would begin to have some issues in paying our mortgage in full, so we called our mortgage company, CCO Mortgage, and they were very rude, unhelpful and would not answer any questions or offer us any options. We found the "making home affordable" program online and saw that we qualified for it. We filled out all the paperwork and faxed it in along with all the supporting paperwork. We called and they said they would review it and let us know.

A few weeks later, we contacted them because we had not heard anything and they said that they did not receive it. We sent it in again, called and they again said they would let us know. Again, we called after a few weeks and they said that they were missing a page. We sent it in again, called and made sure that they received everything and said again that they would let us know. A few weeks later, we called again because we again had not heard anything and they said we did not qualify and when we asked why we did not qualify, they said "you just don't" and hung up the phone. A couple weeks later, when we started to have issues paying, we called and asked if we could pay $800/month and they said no.

In July of 2012, they filed for foreclosure and we fought them in court. The judge told CCO to work with us and asked us to pay $776/month until they figured out all the numbers and wrote up a new agreement. Once we received the new agreement, we called to ask our single point of contact some questions and had to leave a message. A full week later, we received a call back and asked them if they could take their lawyers fees off (only around $2000 of the more than $30,000 that they added on to our principal... That call ended in a screaming match, started by the CCO representative.

We later called back to see if that agreement was still an option for us and they said no. They then told the judge that we had declined their offer and asked him to rule in their favor. The judge declined that. Then CCO asked to have the case closed and it was closed this March. The same weekend we found out that the case was closed, CCO sent us a check for almost $2000, but now they say we have to pay them almost $50,000 in a couple of weeks or face foreclosure again. All we have been asking for, is for them to work with us and they refuse to.

I don't think we have been asking for too much... We are willing to work with them and pay them the late fees and interest charges of more than $30,000, but we should not have to pay their lawyer fees... We have been trying to work with them and giving them options for more than 3 and a half years now, but they will not talk to us or offer us any options. Their customer service representatives are rude, very unhelpful and refuse to answer any questions. CCO Mortgage is just an all around horrible company to work with.

2 years ago my husband and I were having financial problems due to the economy. My husband's employer cut his commission. I contacted cco Mortgage. They advised me they could do a modification. We sent the paperwork, they said they did not get it. We sent it again they said it was the wrong paperwork. We sent it again it took them to long to review it and they called and said they needed updated paper work that happened a couple times. Six months of paper work being mailed & faxed. We got a knock at the door. It was the sheriff serving us with foreclosure papers. Immediately called cco Mortgage. They advised me it was just a formality. I told them no this was no formality and demanded to speak with supervisor. They told me they they would have one call me back. I said "NO I want one now I'm not waiting." They got me a sup.

The supervisor looked over the account and advised me that she was not sure why we were being told that there would be a modification done because we were in an FHA Mortgage. I lost it! We had even offered to make payments. My husband had since found another job. They would not accept payments. So I advised the supervisor I was going to the media and my local news paper. The supervisor got an attitude and said to me "what exactly do you think the media will do for you?" My reply was "if you are doing this to us, how many other families are you doing this to?" She asked me to hold. She came back 10 mins later advising me they would be modifying my Mortgage. And they did. They told us that after 2 years our Mortgage would go back to its original monthly payment and they would tack the past due on at the end of the loan. We agreed and all was well.

We made our payments on time every month. We took that 2 years to repair my husband's credit and to get back to being financially stable. In Dec 2013 we started looking to refinance because our interest rate was going to increase and plus our Mortgage was a 40 yr Mortgage due to the modification. I checked my husband's credit report and cco put on his credit that our home was under foreclosure. I have contacted them numerous times. The situation was escalated because after their lack of response I contacted the consumer financial protection bureau CFPB and they helped but I still can not get cco to contact me back. They said they will send their response via letter in the mail. I am not happy with that being everything we have been put through. I feel we should deserve a phone call. Needless to say I'm still waiting on this letter and can not get a phone call response.

We sent in some paperwork to see if we were eligible for a loan modification. I had equity loans on my house. CCO Mortgage told me they had to change the equity to mortgages. But nobody said anything else. To my surprise over a month later I get a bill for the exact interest I was paying on my equity loan with a late payment charge. I talk to the person that was suppose to handling the loan modification. I told her I don't agree with these terms. She told me tough I have a loan with them now and cancel the loan modification process. For three months I talk to people that had no authority except to argue with me. And for three months I haven't made a payment because I feel I don't have a loan with them and I was deceived by professionals. There is still no way to talk to anybody at CCO Mortgage, so we can get back on track. I got some calls from them to pacify me, only because they sent me a letter that they're in the process of foreclosing on my house. I'm not a smart person and feel that CCO Mortgage are nothing more than predators. Who can I go to for help?

Citizens One Company Profile