2. Mortgages

View Rates
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.92/5

Network Capital is a full-service home lender specializing in mortgage refinance. With no application, lender or origination fees, it can help you close in as little as 15 business days. The company serves borrowers in Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

BOTTOM LINE

With no fees and competitive rates, Network Capital offers easy and affordable mortgage options. Although it doesn’t provide personalized rates online, you can call to get started with no obligation.

PROS
  • Fast closing process
  • Easy application
  • No fees and competitive rates
CONS
  • Confusing web experience
  • No personalized rates upfront

Top Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Capital Funding Corporation?

My Loan Officer Kyle ** and Closing Officer Hazel ** are very efficient, polite, warm to their clients… They patiently helped me through the confusing process; and guided me through that mountain of paperworks which was even more confusing and intimidating. I am greatly appreciate Kyle ** and Hazel

...My mortgage banker, Dodge ** was transparent from the beginning. He answered all my questions and...He was professional and you will feel at ease at the same time because he was very accommodating. If you are looking for a hassle free refinance, I definitely recommend Capital Network.

Network Capital Funding Corporation View Rates

What is Network Capital?

Network Capital is a funding corporation that provides mortgage and refinancing products for homebuyers and homeowners. Its team specializes in fast closings (as little as 15 days for some products). With low rates and zero application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified borrowers, Network Capital offers mortgage products that are more affordable than some of its competitors provide.

Network Capital services, loans and products

Network Capital customers work directly with licensed home loan experts to gather, organize and submit all documents needed for approval. These experts also help you decide which program makes sense for your needs.

Its loans include:

• Conventional
  • Refinance
  • FHA
  • VA
  • USDA

Most of its loan products require a 3% to 5% down payment and are functional even if a lendee declares bankruptcy.

Network Capital mortgage rates

Network Capital promises “competitively low rates,” meaning its costs can change according to current federal rates. At the time of this publication, its costs fall between 2.25% and 2.875%, which are fairly affordable rates.

It’s important to note that your credit history and down payment may not qualify for these rates — but with no lender, application or origination fees, Network Capital could be an affordable option upfront. The company also offers mortgage discount points.

Network Capital FAQ

Where is Network Capital located?
Network Capital is in Irvine, California, but most of its products are available online.
Does Network Capital do a credit check?
Yes. FHA and VA loans require a credit score of at least 550; conventional loans require a score no lower than 620.
Can you apply for Network Capital’s loans online?
Yes, the entire process can be completed online.
Does Network Capital charge loan fees?
There are no application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified buyers.
Is Network Capital transparent about its rates?
Not really. Its customers have to jump through some hoops to see rates, and the only way to get a customized rate is to call.

Is Network Capital legit?

Network Capital is a good option if you want to choose from a variety of online loan products. Because it doesn’t show personalized rates and fees online, it might be difficult to grasp the total cost of each loan; however, its licensed loan officers can walk you through options over the phone and provide free, customized no-obligation rates.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2021

I wanted to do a cash-out mortgage to do a home remodel. Even though I have been with my mortgage company for decades, I decided to do some research as to what is out there. Most lenders I removed from my list right away for one reason or another. It was down to Network Capital and my current lender. My current lender's terms were good, but Network Capital surprisingly came back with a better rate and lower closing costs. I told my lender I was going with Network Capital and they wanted to see Network Capital's estimate. They then beat it with even lower closing costs and a lower interest rate. I also had a trust to deal with that would incur a cost. I went back and forth between the two for a while and my current lender was eventually the lowest.

So, why did I end up going with Network Capital? Both companies had great representatives and truly fought for my business. However, Network Capital had the better response time. Juan ** was always available to answer my emails and calls and no question was a dumb one. Customer service has always been my first priority with any company I do business with and Juan ** provided excellent customer service for Network Capital. I highly recommend asking for him by name.

The loan processor, Joseph ** was equally responsive. I could not get a hold of my current lender's loan processor to ask any questions. The final deciding factor was the time it would take to process my loan. Joseph told me it would take 2 weeks and my current lender said not sooner than 60 days. I really didn't believe it would take 2 weeks, but I figured it would definitely be sooner than 60 days so I went with Network Capital. In exactly 2 weeks, I had my funds. The entire process was the easiest I've ever had to go through. I highly recommend Juan ** and Joseph ** from Network Capital for your mortgage needs.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

This is my 3rd refi with Network Capital. Each time I have found my transaction representatives (Helen L, Ian J, Mario R, Dianne in servicing) to be honest, very helpful, knowledgeable, patient, and effective and RESPONSIVE. Despite my having had 3 loans with this company, each occurrence was a little different and I had many different questions and concerns each time. Ian and Mario always responded timely with top notch information and guidance that was proven trustworthy. Places like Quicken and Rocket loans were filled with low life mortgage loan officers that made me cringe with repulsion each time I spoke to them.

Network is competitive with their rates, transparent and even accommodated special and unique requests that I made. It is hard to find lender staff that provide top level of customer service that I received from Ian, Mario, Dianne, and Helen. The reps, Mario and Ian, never got rude with me when I had a question or concern. They instead, greeted me in a friendly and respectful manner each time and answered in plain English. No gimmicks. Dianne was so helpful and kind. All of these people made the whole process outstanding. Mario even made himself available while I was going through the closing, in case I had to call with a question during the signing. Ian has a nice way of communicating his expertise with loans and math that makes it easier to decide whether to do the loan or not or what the cost benefits are. Helen is a leader like no other, devoted to delivering on the smallest details to enhance the customer experience.

I appreciate the work on my behalf and am glad to know such a company that invests to truly earn my business. It is rare to find a company that still keeps quality and excellent customer service and competitive loans at the top of their mission year after year. I hope they can keep these items a priority because such aspects will take them higher and higher into industry success. Thanks very much again everyone..

Original review: July 23, 2020

I was really trying with the mortgaged company that I had at the time. A friend and I were due at the same time, and she said the company I had charged so much, so I did a little research. I saw an advertisement that said no or low refinancing fees and that's what drew me to Network Capital. I saw that they were a new company and I decided to get a 30-year refi with them because of the lower interest rate. The lowest that my mortgage company was gonna give me was in the 3s. Network Capital got it lower and that was permanent. That is what was set. It’s not those fluctuating things or I wouldn’t have done it. I also ended up paying them under seven as the cost for the fees, for the refi and that was less than half of what my mortgage company wanted to charge me.

The application process was very easy as well. I only had to provide one document and they had everything done within 10 days. I got the 2.75 interest rate and I didn't have to pay for an appraisal. It was a win-win all around. The only thing I’d miss with my other company is that it was so automated. They had an app that I could go into and I could pay my mortgage from there. I could also pay it over the phone if I wanted to and that's how I prefer to do it. Either one of those two ways. Network Capital said I could go online and make an account, but if I paid it over the phone, it was gonna be $10 and I'm not doing that.

One time, I had a concern because my previous mortgage company had not paid my house insurance and it was due back in April. Network Capital got on it right away. We talked about it and we got it taken care of. They were willing to work with me on how to pay it and I ended up paying it. They were excellent and I recommended it to my friend. I don't know if she had quite as an easy experience as I did, but mine was easy.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I was with Quicken Loans which is one of the major online lenders and I was not aware about the market. Network Capital called me and said that there was a change in the market. They made me know. And then I started digging other companies, but everybody made offers in a way that made things complicated. They were trying to trick the customer. I am an analytic guy and I like numbers. So, nobody was able to answer my questions until I met Aiden, and he sent me some explanations. He sent me some tables to make it understandable. And then based on his guidance, I was able to understand the process, and I said okay with him.

The application process was smooth. The only thing that I did not like was the person who brought the documentation for signature. First of all, communication was hard with her. Even though I told her about the timing, she came earlier than expected. I told her no worries and that she was more than welcome. And while I signed the documents, I saw something that I thought was not in line with the closing estimate. And I had to call the closing officer, Jessie, and the lady got upset. She said, she had a lot of places to go.

She tried to rush me and she was in a mood to eliminate my focus on the documentation. She just expected me to sign everything without reading, without proofreading, nothing. And she kept talking over the phone with someone else. Also, I didn’t like her attitude at all even though I was so polite against her. I was about to cancel the process. But I just thought that sign everything and Aiden will adjust the issues, and he did. But Network Capital did not have a good partner.

The rate was not as I targeted. My loan was 4.125. And I talked with my bankers, and they told me to reach at least 1% down. Otherwise, it doesn’t make any sense. They kept saying to not sign a refinance unless I figure out 1% less which is 3.125. I couldn’t risk it, no. But in the end, I have chosen to refinance because my loan was a jumbo loan, beyond 510K, and my wife’s credit score was 510. That was probably the reason I couldn’t get the lower rate. But I’m okay.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Network Capital Funding said they specialized in refinancing. Working with them was very smooth. It went really quickly. There were some changes that caused some angst through the process, but James, the person that I worked with, was always very reassuring. The value of our home didn't come back as high as we expected. It turned out the refinancing was much lower than what we hoped for. So, stuff like that where things got hung up and I got quite anxious about it, James was very good at explaining and getting back to me, and getting back to again, and he kept his finger on pulse the whole time. I like his ability to calm me down when we would hit a barrier.

We never received a final copy of everything that was signed. If I had anything to complain about, it would be the person that they sent to notarize. She wasn't prepared and she didn't have a copy for us. She didn't explain what it was that we were signing. It was convenient. They scheduled her at the time we were available. But she didn't have any knowledge of what she was doing. She was kinda just sent to us to get signatures and that was it.

When they sold it to whatever the company was that took over the mortgage again, the person that did the closing with us, a lot was not explained. They said, "Here's the sheet with where the first payment is gonna go," but she didn't explain that to us. We were given the information of where the first payment was going to go to, but she didn't take any time to detail it. So, when the first payment was coming due, that caused me some angst to try to find out where to get it sent to. We only received the payment letter probably after it was due, but I had already called in and made a payment. So that piece when they did the handoff to whoever was the company that purchased the mortgage from them, there could've been some additional communication to us. Because we were in the process of a move, we didn't know where we were going to send the first payment to.

But even with the other company, apparently, the first attempt to even try to set up online payment, all that has fallen through. So, whatever they can maybe do more on the handoff to whoever is purchasing the mortgage and help them to be more consumer-driven as their company is. In addition, I wouldn't necessarily say the rate was excellent because by the time we got done, we were maybe a quarter-point lower than where we were. But the terms were good. We wanted a short-term and James was able to provide all that for me.

Original review: April 22, 2021

My husband and I applied for a second mortgage with our credit union, but the process was taking much longer than we had expected. Elmer ** of Network Capital approached us with an attractive offer to refinance. His enthusiasm, attentiveness, and helpful responses to our questions made the process smooth and easy. It took Network Capital only a couple of weeks to achieve what would have taken months with the credit union. Charles ** of Network Capital did an excellent job of getting everything processed and closed. Elmer and Charles went above and beyond what we had come to expect. We would recommend Network Capital to anyone we know who is thinking of refinancing their mortgage.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Abigail ** reached out to me in response to my home loan refinance inquiry. I knew right from the start that if refinancing made sense, Ms. ** would guide and assist me with questions. I had many questions, all of which were answered in a more than timely fashion. Ms. ** is extremely knowledgeable and professional. She was able to really help us! Ms. ** was our contact during the closing phase. She is awesome. She is both professional and personable. She answered every question I had and that made me feel secure. The Notary Public assigned to the closing was very professional. He arrived on time. He called ahead to confirm. I couldn't have asked for more. This is the best and easiest closing I have ever had. You guys have an awesome team! Thank you.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I wanted to thank Angela ** and Dana ** and Esther ** for helping me with 3 Loans. They kept me informed of each step and helped me complete all documents needed. They did everything in a timely manner and were friendly and very helpful.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Worked with Andrew from Network Capital on my mortgage refinance and I was happy throughout the process of refinance. Andrew was super helpful and answered all of my questions. It was also impressive that Network Capital closes loan super quick - I was assigned a loan processor on the very next day I signed the rate lock agreement. The loan processor got to work right away, and kept me in the loop of all the developments on my closing. I did also shop for escrow and title companies and asked the processor to work with them. There was no hesitation here, which was great!

I'd like to say I did have competitive estimates from other well-known lenders, but I went with Network Capital because of their transparency, Andrew's patience to answer my questions, the processor's willingness to work with the escrow company of my choice and still getting things done super quick. I'd definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Network Capital has blown me away with their speed in processing and closing on my house refinancing. Janel and Denae were fantastic communicators throughout the entire process! I will definitely be working with Network Capital again in the future. Great work team!

Network Capital Funding Corporation Company Information