4.78/5
  • 1 star
Based on 172 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for a mortgage provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Network Capital Funding Corporation

No matter what part of the home loan process you are in, we will work hard to earn your business and be with you every step of the way until your loan is closed. We provide one of the best delivery platforms in the industry to match you with a home loan that suits all of your needs. With an average of eight years mortgage banking experience, our home loan specialists can provide the best service possible.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

174 Network Capital Funding Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I was contacted by Network Capital when I was looking to refinance my property. I had told them that I was looking for a no cost refinance and the representative for Network Capital, Brenda **, assured me that they could accommodate my needs. I provided all of my documents required for the loan and was assured there would not be any problems. After several back and forth discussions of why the appraisal fee was listed as $800 on the refinance worksheet they provided and the assurance that I would be reimbursed the appraisal fee at closing along with all remaining closing costs, I finally agreed to proceed with the process and let them charge $445 to my credit card to get the ball rolling. Immediately after that action, Brenda ** was out of the picture and I was dealing with Fashia **. I was asked to provide all of my documentation again and then I was repeatedly asked for "Letters of explanation" (LOEs) for every transaction on my bank statement.

After providing all of the requested LOEs, I didn't hear from Brenda ** or Fashia ** ever again despite repeated phone calls and emails. I was finally contacted by another representative from Network Capital who wanted to start the entire refinance process from the beginning and had no knowledge or account of my dealings with Brenda** or Fashia **. I was unsuccessful in getting a refund for the appraisal cost. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Around the first of July I heard a Mortgage talk on our local radio station, about Network Capital and how wonderful they were. So what the heck we will apply for a refinance. Did all the docks, painted the house, got the place all perfect. They said we were good to go, we have excellent credit, they verified our income, all good to go just need the appraisal. We scheduled the date, waited, waited, no show. We called Network, they cancelled the appraisal, did not tell us. They said the loan docs expired, so we do it all over again, all good to go. This is two weeks later. Schedule another appraisal, once again no show, we call. They DID IT AGAIN, cancelled, did not inform us at all. We did not get the loan because I had a break in my employment due to illness. I only have 40+ years of steady employment, yet the underwriters decided at the last moment to deny us, first time in my life have we been denied, owning property since the early 1970's. 6 weeks of hell!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 8, 2017

On March 14th I contacted this company for my father about refinancing his two homes. The lady I spoke with I believe her last name was ** was wonderful, helpful and gave me quite a lot of information and my father decided to continue. It was at this point he was passed on to other people and this is when the process went to hell. The two loans somehow got separated and the one home had HELOC on it. They decided to refinance the home with HELOC first even though the second property needed to be done first so that it could pay off the HELOC. They would not listen to my concerns. They continually got their numbers in correct, they continually tried to put an escrow on this first home and I didn't want one, they doubled the amount of what the insurance was going to be for the escrow and I had to fight to get it taken off.

I do not believe they gave us three days notice on the documentation because the changes were done and how much we are going to have to bring to closing on the day of closing they never had their numbers right until the very last minute. The day of closing was the absolute worst. We were going to meet a notary at a restaurant at a certain time they did not have the paperwork ready. She did not have the paperwork so she called me and cancelled it. I called the person I was dealing with and ask what happened, what was going on. She said everything was fine and that the notary had the Department's and she didn't know what she was talking about. Then call the notary and told her he not taking me and telling me that she didn't have the documents but she should have just let me wait until they had the documents.

In essence they wanted an 83 year-old man who would just getting out of the hospital to sit in a restaurant for 2 hours while the documents got to the notary. She printed them out and then brought them to us who were 30 minutes away from her house. The notary finally got the documents, we met at the restaurant we sign the forms. My Father Mark the Spot stating he wanted a paper copy with the notary stamp on it sent to the house from them. We sign the paperwork on March 27th and as of right now we still don't have a copy. That was the first one. I was promised the second one we go better. Because the two loans got separated I continue to bring up the fact that the home that we just closed on had a HELOC and they needed the money from the second home to pay that off. I thought that was not legal to do it that way but she said it was fine. I continue to question it through the whole process but they said it was fine.

The next day they sent us the paperwork for the second loan and the numbers were all wrong. They decided that since my father had two credit cards with an outstanding balance of $88 between the two that they were going to take money from the refinance and pay those off even though we said that is not what we wanted. I had to fight with them till almost the last loan document to get those removed. Next in this is still something that I don't think ever has been taken care of and we paid $425 for appraisal through the VA and they have it in our loan documents that they're taking it out of the refinance money. But I just looked at my documents. It stated that it was to be paid from the refinance money. It looks like we paid the 425 twice.

To make matters even more concerning they sent us a copy of the appraisal from the VA and in our appraisal I received someone else's appraisal from a person from another state. Their appraisal, how much their home is worth and a bunch of other paperwork. When I brought this up to them it didn't seem like it was a big deal. It is a big deal to me. I'm also sure the person whose information I received at the big deal too. Again we were receiving constant updated paperwork to the moment of closing. They forgot to tell us that we needed a termite inspection and that was done the day before and we barely were able to get that done. Now they've had two weeks to mention this and never bother doing that. Numbers they originally told us were nowhere near that. Was a VA funding amount was over $6,000 that were not told until the very last minute.

They were pushing closing for the 28th again. I do not think we had our three days to look at the documents and review them because they were changing them constantly. My believe it wasn't last set of documents when they actually remove the credit card money that we weren't going to pay out of this loan. So we had arranged with the notary that we were to close at 5 and she did not get the documents till 7:30 that night and then had to print them out at her house and drive up here a half hour away to have a sign the documents. Again I told her that I would wait till tomorrow because that was three too late for my father to be out as he had just been in the hospital and this was getting to be too much of a stressful procedure on everyone's end and let's put it off for the day since it's already 9 at night.

Well she basically demanded he sign those documents. She was very unkind, downright nasty and seem to have a chip on her shoulder about me wanting to change the time considering we had a five-time picked out for a few days already. Was not my fault that they had not done things correctly. Our father and I actually felt like telling them to stuff their loan since they had had this attitude with us at the last moment. Not even to mention that they demanded some documents at the very last minute that was going to create a problem. The company my father gets his retirement from does not use email or fax documents. They only mail them to my father and then he had to get them to her. I contacted the company and they stated that they couldn't do it any other way and that that was just the way it was.

I called them back they didn't like that answer. Three-way call with us on the phone with them. They were told the same thing and then they contacted the company behind her back and pressure them into doing it so they could get this loan done that day. I was not impressed with their knowledge of financial terms because the company that did my father's retirement told them that the document was a pension that he would get it for life and they could not seem to understand that. They pressured the company into doing it that way but what really bothers us is a went behind my father's back and called that company without my father and I on the phone to pressure them into doing it the way they wanted it. There was also an issue with the tax return that they needed my father to get on the phone with the IRS and help straighten out.

Again if these were issues how come they weren't issues in the first loan. Notary got the documents at the last minute, printed them out, had to race up there for us to sign. It felt very rushed and it did not feel like they took very much time to do this. I personally feel that the two loans got separated and they forgot about the second loan which they needed to do because of the HELOC on the first loan. And again we signed the papers at the end of March and to this date my father has not received any of the signed and completed and notarized closing documents from this company even though he marked the box that he wanted a paper copy of this loan with the notary stamp on it. Even though it only took 14 days to close on these two loans it felt very rushed and like they didn't have everything done correctly on this phone and were asking for things at the very last minute to get things done even though they had more than enough time.

I was very thorough when I sent them the information they needed for processing the loans. I sent them every document that they could need. She even commented that I really sent them everything they needed so they had that from day one. The original person I contacted was absolutely wonderful but after it left her hands it completely fell apart. After doing some homework and looking in on this I really wonder if these loans were done properly and it scares me. I have tried emailing Network Capital. I've gone to their page and hit their contact button and contacted them and sent them several emails and they've all come back that the address is not correct. How can it not be correct when it's from their own page.

Again to this date I have many questions that haven't been answered. One being that it looks like the 425 for the VA appraisal fund that we sent them was also included in the amount that the loan funded which means we were double-billed. I do believe this company is a good company overall in general but they certainly drop the ball on these loans. I will be more than happy to talk to upper management on these issues but I can't get a hold of them.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I recently refinanced my home with Network Capital Funding. I learned about Network Capital while listing to my usual radio station in the morning KFBK News Radio 93.1. I am glad I was listening to the radio when the Network Capital spokesperson was promoting refinancing options. I was excited to learn I could refinance my FHA loan for a conventional loan through Network Capitol. Based on this news, I called Network Capital and to my surprise I was fortunate to speak to a live person and his name was Angelo **. Angelo quickly explained my refinance options and ran some numbers for me. The same or the next day, I was approved to refinance my home and immediately submitted the necessary paperwork to get refinance process started. Next thing you know a house appraiser is at my house.

A few days thereafter, I receive a call from Julius **, the Network Capital Loan closer! Julius spoke quickly and provided next steps. The next thing you know a notary is at my house, I am signing refinance documents, and then a few days later I receive a letter in the mail from Network Capital indicating, "Congratulations your loan funded and is closed". This refinance process from start to finish happened in less than 20 days - very impressive. That being said, Network Capitol is credible and is very fortunate to have effective and efficient employees like Angelo and Julius working for the company. These two individuals are patient and helped me from start to finish, and demonstrated excellent customer service throughout the entire process. I recommend Network Capitol for your refinancing and home loan needs.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Called this company after hearing a plug for them on a local radio station. Sean ** took my information and 20 days later the refinance was completed. Mr. ** was courteous, professional, and engaging. I like to communicate via text and Mr. ** would answer after normal business hours. He walked me through a very easy process. During that 20 days, I received a couple of calls from people just following up to ensure the process was progressing to my liking. Quick customer services is what I received. I had such a great experience with Mr. **, I've already referred a family member and close friend to him. Thanks, Sean and Network Capital for all the behind the scenes effort I did not have to deal with!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Capital Funding Corporation?

Original review: April 11, 2017

I refinanced twice with Network Capital. Fool me once, shame on me. The first refinance took a long time (over 3 months) and was fraught with poor communications on the part of Network Capital. I had to complain many times to get anyone to respond to me on where the loan process was. In the end it worked out and I was happy.

A year later, they contacted me again. I told them I was reluctant to engage them after my first experience. They convinced me, and am I ever sorry. This process took equally as long, and the communications were worse than the first time. In addition, I have to bring almost $6,000 to the table, a big surprise that forced me to take money out of my retirement account and pay a penalty. This year, they contacted me again, and I let them know in no uncertain terms that I would never consider them again.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I started refinancing Jan 10, 2017. It's March 25 now and still not closed. Was told three times I was closing and wait for the notary the first time for 3 hours till I called and told couldn't today. What might be the last straw here is after jumping through hoops I was told today that I needed to provide my medical information. I am disabled and showed proof of pay from both WC and SSDI. In what world does a bank need my medical info, they want the Dr sheet to the disability people that show my meds, implants and other. They got a letter stating my pay and that it is ongoing. Try and stay local, not to mention all the sales calls after I had started this process with them. I will put in updates as I go. They are very pleasant I will say that for them.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Loan officer remained on top of the deal until close. Processors and loan officer were all active helpers throughout from origination through until close. They helped solve problems rather than act as auditors in pursuit of problems. Helpful employees made the process all good from end to end from my perspective.

Original review: March 8, 2017

After some sales put hard pressure sales tactics to refinance my house, I agreed, send in all the required documents. He told me that I was good to go with a closing date. After I paid for appraisal which was worth more than double of my loan, the Salesperson disappeared, wouldn't return my calls nor emails. They scammed me out of an appraisal cost.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I applied with Network Capital before deciding to use a different lender. Their rates were better than the big banks, but not as good as my local credit union. However, I am writing the review due to some business practices that I found questionable. I found Network Capital's pricing severely lacking in transparency. The totals they gave me did not include all relevant costs; I had to specifically ask about these additional costs to get a real total. They took a very aggressive, high-pressure approach and would not lock me into a rate until I had provided all supporting documentation. They did not have a secure portal for these documents, but rather relied on insecure email. All of these characteristics were fundamentally different than the other lenders I talked to.

My bigger issue came when I told Network Capital that I was going with another lender. They called me multiple times per day for the next few weeks, and continued to call a few times per week for the next three months. It was this continued annoyance that persuaded me to post reviews. When I posted my first review of Network Capital, they contacted me repeatedly asking me to remove my review or increase my rating. While it's nice that they respond to feedback, I am concerned that this level of pressure may be why their ratings are so high.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

It was a pleasure working with Clarissa ** at Network Capital. She is knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. She answered all my questions and provided me with great information. I would highly recommend Network Capital for anyone who is looking to buy or refinance. Thank you Clarissa for all your hard work and dedication. I will definitely work with you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

This was a great experience. Loan was funded in about 3 1/2 weeks. Angelo ** was wonderful to work with. He answered all my questions, and always returned my phone calls and emails promptly! He made me feel important and valued!! Will for sure use Network Capital Funding again, and would ask for Angelo!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My parents are very satisfied with Ali and his team at Network Capital. The process for refinancing our home was quick and efficient. They do a great job communicating and made this a pleasant experience from beginning to end.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Inquired about a possible refi and lowering my monthly payment on the internet. I received numerous calls... but Devang ** with Net Capital was the ONLY ONE who explained a new program through the VA (IRRL) that could even lower my already low interest rate (3.5%) even lower AND without any fees out of my pocket. I recommend Net Capital.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

As I was working on my computer several weeks ago, a pop-up appeared suggesting I go for a lower mortgage rate. I had not previously thought of this but indicated that I might be interested, so I clicked the YES box. Before I had left the website my phone rang and Sean was calling. He introduced himself and indicated that he would help me look at my options. He was not only warm and friendly but actually connected with my unique situation and my need to pay off the mortgage as soon as possible.

I had a lot of questions and concerns and he was knowledgeable and addressed them all clearly, in language an old lady can understand, and professionally. He phoned and/or e-mailed me back several times to check on how our refunding was progressing. He explained the process well and worked with me to get in all the needed forms turned in. He always explained the next step so I would know what to expect. This man is a real asset to your company and is a great out-front kind of guy. With his personality, he goes beyond his job and gets to know his customers on a personal level, which isn't easy over the phone. Job well done!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Heard about Network Capital through the mortgage radio show. I contacted them about a refinance, and was assigned loan officer, Sami **. Sami was a pleasure to work with. He provided quick, and thorough service. He was knowledgeable, patient - willing to go over several refi options with me. Sami was readily available, and he seems to really enjoy his job! I also dealt with loan processor, Laressa **, who was also a solid employee. Only a few hiccups with always seeming to be just "one more thing" needed to get loan done, and some last minute confusion about whether closing would be at my home, or at a real estate office. Overall, I was very pleased with Network Capital, the ability to sign several documents online, their ease/availability of speaking with loan officer/processor. They got my loan closed in just over 1 week!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Been waiting for more than a week for somebody to review my submitted paperwork for home loan request. And what is the worst - everybody there keeps lying, that the offer will be sent in an hour, but like I've said - it's been a week!!! Luis ** kept telling me that someone will contact me in few minutes (waited several days). Then he told me that Hansel ** is working on my paperwork and will contact me in a few minutes. Waited several days and decided to contact him directly but he had never heard about me and didn't even have my paperwork. Although, he promised me to take care of my inquiry the same day. Again - been few days and nothing. I have contacted manager John **, who promised me to send the offer in an hour and a half on Wednesday. Today is the end of Thursday already - and nothing!!!

I am the first time home buyer and this process is already nerve-wracking, and I wish I didn't have to deal with such ignorant and unprofessional people. In addition - every day I get the calls from this company to check my information and to assign me to a loan officer - so basically there is no coordination and it is a huge mess!!! The saddest part is that I am perfect candidate for loan (no debts, good job, excellent credit score, etc) and these people just lowered my credit score checking it with no intention to offer me anything??? The worst company I could imagine to have to deal with!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I'm posting this review for my grandma, Charlotte **. She's a bit behind with tech, but she had such an easy experience refinancing her home. She wanted to let everyone know. Her loan officer Charles ** was patient and kind and saved her a ton of money when she needed it the most! Thanks Network Capital and Charles ** for taking such good care of her. You've made a huge difference.

Resolution response: Nov. 11, 2016

Network Capital has resolved this matter to my satisfaction. The basis of my complaint was not the fault of Network Capital.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I was told repeatedly that I had been approved for a mortgage refi. I asked over and over again, especially before I paid almost $500 for an appraisal if I had been approved by underwriting. I was assured by two people at Network Capital that I had been approved. On their say-so, I laid out the money for an appraisal. My house appraised for much, much more than I owed. Good news. Right? Wrong. Soon thereafter I was told that underwriting had not approved my loan. I wasted $500. I have no proof but I have been told by a number of people that mortgage companies get a kickback on the appraisal fee and that is why they encourage you to get the appraisal. I would proceed with caution when dealing with Network Capital.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I would like to thank Juan ** for all of his help with my refinancing. He is a very personable guy and he made a scary process easy and enjoyable. I would recommend Juan and Network Capital to anyone I know that is interested in refinancing their home.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I heard the Mortgage Radio show a few times over several months. After the "last straw" with my current mortgage company at the time, I decided to call Network Capital. Clarissa ** answered the phone! Clarissa is amazing! There were many hurdles to be cleared to get my mortgage refinanced but it was done in 2.5 weeks. Thank you Clarissa for calming me down when I would be so frustrated w/ roadblocks that kept popping up, thank you Network Capital, & Seterus Inc. you can suck it!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My experience during the refinance process was the single most pleasant experience in dealing with a home mortgages. James ** at Network Capital and his team were very pleasant and timely in the refinance of my home. Definitely gonna recommend to friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

In May of 2016, I was contacted by Network Capital telling me that I was qualified for a refinance to a lower interest rate. After I applied for a refinance, I was approved for the loan. It is now August 2016 and this loan has not been closed. Every month I have been postponed, neglected, forgotten, put off and humiliated by the processing and handling of this approved loan. After May, I was made aware that my loan processor was fired and my loan was suspended. June 2016, my loan was sent to Shelby, processing supervisor. Once again, I submit necessary paperwork that was misplaced. Shelby handed me off to another processor. I was to close at end of June. Find 3 days before closing the processor forgot to send my paperwork to closing. Therefore I would not be able to close before July.

July 2016 I am subjected to phone calls from this company asking why my loan has not closed. I relay the situation that company processors keep dropping the ball. I am then passed to Chris **. Who seems concerned about this fiasco. He introduces me to a new set of loan processors. FAILURE for end of July and again in August. I have paid late fees and phone payment costs each month to my present Mortgage company since this process was initiated. I was promised a $200 savings per month with approved interest rate of 3.65%. I did not want cash out. I provided all necessary documentation. I have paid out more money than my quoted savings. What is going on with this company who claims to provide 10-day closing results? It's been 5 months and still no dice, no closing, only excuses. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2016

Several people have contacted us from Network Capital to resolve the issue about the mix up in regard to the community we live in and that you do not have to own a Class A motorhome to live in our community. They offered to close our loan at the rate we had locked in when we applied with them. We declined to accept their offer because we had already applied with another lender and locked in at a lower rate.

Original review: July 29, 2016

We were contacted by Network Capital Funding Corporation (Aerial Vega). We submitted all the required documentation they asked for, were informed we had an excellent credit rating of 795, and approved for a VA loan to refinance our home. The loan was turned over to another person (Marissa **). We received disclosures with different numbers. I believe Marissa was new and when we asked her a question she had to go ask someone else. Everything was moving along fine and our appraisal was done by the VA which we paid for and it was a good appraisal. We were trying to refinance and get some cash out to do some remodeling inside our home. We were all set to borrow 80% of the value of our home. They were going to pay off the 1st mtg and home equity loan and we would get some cash out.

It came up that Network Capital also required a termite inspection so they scheduled one and sent someone out to our home. When the person arrived they didn't understand what they were there for and it turns out he was not qualified to do a termite inspection for a loan closing. This was the day before the loan was set to close. We have a termite protection policy that we renew every year so we contacted them and they came out and did a termite inspection. We paid for it and they did the report and sent it to Network Capital early the morning of the day we were to close.

The notary contacted us and there was some miscommunication about the date and time of the closing. It had changed a few times and no one knew the exact time. To top it all off the day of the scheduled closing which was to take place at 4PM we received a phone call at 1PM that they could not close our loan due to some crazy deed restrictions that said "you had to have an RV to live in our community". I went on line and got a copy of our covenants that stated "you did not have to have an RV to live in our community" (although I don't know what that had to do with it since we do own an RV).

Anyway there were just too many different things going on that just didn't seem right and we really couldn't get a straight answer. We do not understand why they waited until the 11th hour and why we were treated this way. It was very very stressful. Now we have to start all over. My wife and I would say we were very dissatisfied and would tell anyone looking for a mortgage to stay clear of Network Capital Funding Corporation. There seems to be a lot of miscommunication and things don't match up.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I was not even thinking about refinancing when a friend of mine told me he had and received an amazing deal. My friend refinanced through Lucas ** of Network Capital. I decided to call Lucas myself and a great deal was also proposed. Lucas was phenomenal throughout the entire experience and the refi was done in about a week. Great experience all around.

Original review: July 26, 2016

The process was easy and painless, and Network Capital (Juan **, loan officer) was great. I actually thought the rates were too good to be true and I almost blew the whole thing off. But Juan hung in there, was highly responsive, answered all my questions, and chose exactly the right time to act when the rates dropped. I NEVER thought he could get me a better loan than I had. He took care of all the details and, to close on time, he even got a notary out to the horse ranch where I was vacationing! Not only was Juan the best, but Network Capital really delivers. They won me over (and my skepticism!) but it was Juan's hard work that enabled me to get an unbelievable rate. They're a top notch organization and I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Great experience all around. Thanks, Juan! Hope they're paying you well. :-)

Original review: July 23, 2016

We purchased a new home in July of 2015. We had a great VA Loan rate and was very satisfied with everything. We got a phone call one day several months into the the current year, (2016), it was a gentleman (Ariel **) from a company named Network Capital Funding Corporation. They were telling us that we could refinance of new home and we told them that we had just bought our home, but Ariel ** was very persistent on assuring us that we could get a better deal than we had and it wouldn't cost us anything out of our pocket. After a couple weeks of administrative details and some serious negotiations from my Wife (Paula) who is a retired Accountant, we ended up with a unbelievable interest rate and APR, and the service that Network Capital gave us was second to none. We will surely recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage and our a refinance opportunity.

Original review: July 22, 2016

I received a phone call from Network Capital and ready to hang up on telemarketer. Wait, then I was transferred to someone named Lina **. Lina said hello with a sweet voice. She asked me if I want to save some money. If no closing cost I said "yes". I have to pay appraisal fee. Fine. She e-mailed me the necessary documents and find my score. She called me that I can only be approved at 4% with my ratings. My loan was approved and I am saving some money. I will do it again with Lina in coming months when my score is better. I have fun working with Lina because she is frank, honest, and know the financing process.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Me and my wife recently went through the refinance process with Network Capital. This experience was as easy and pleasurable as it gets! Alika ** was helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend calling Network Capital for any of your mortgage needs. Please ask for Alika ** and you won't be disappointed in the service you will receive! A+++

Resolution response: July 5, 2016

07-05: I got a call back from Network Capital and they agreed that it was indeed the miscommunication by an individual and it does not represent the company as a whole and also mentioned that they are willing to work with me again and will ensure that my experience is better. They have given me the rates we originally agreed to, by waiving off the fees. I am still in the process of closing out the loan.

I have increased my rating from my experience so far (not 5 yet) as the loan is still not closed and will update this section again once the loan is closed.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I was recently contacted by Network Capital for refinance. Lady I was speaking to provided me the rates and asked me to sign the documents. I signed the documents and asked for amortization schedule. When I read the amortization schedule, it did not match up with what I was told on phone so I sent a mail asking for clarity and never got response. Next time I spoke to them, same lady did not even acknowledged the numbers we discussed and said the payment will increase by 8 dollars instead of 4 dollars every month. I was till fine and thought of giving them a chance. Due to my earlier experience, I again asked for amortization schedule and the document had increase of ~19 dollars instead of 8.

Somehow I felt this company has been lying since beginning and was always rushing to get the document signed and proceed. Even the manager who called later just mentioned it might just be a communication gap. I fail to understand how can same issue happen twice. They even had wrong dates and name documented (even after providing all the required documents) and they did credit check twice as first check was done with wrong name. So many issues in one simple transaction. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Network Capital Funding Corporation expert review by Michele Lerner

Network Capital Funding offers mortgage programs for first-time homeowners, experienced buyers and wealthy customers alike. It operates in many U.S. states, including California, Texas, Virginia, Illinois and Florida.

• No lender fees: Consumers don't have to pay traditional fees for application, origination, processing or underwriting.

• Immediate application: Consumers follow a link from the home page to apply right away.

• Customer support: Homebuyers can chat live online with a representative, call toll-free numbers and email customer support.

• Technology-driven process: Network Capital Funding uses its technology partners such as Microsoft to streamline the loan process. Consumers can sign origination documents electronically from anywhere in the country.

• Short closing windows: Depending on the loan program, buyers can close in as little as 10 business days.

• Best for: residents of a state Network Capital serves, people who want to avoid fees, consumers who know their mortgage goals and people with good credit scores.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Company Information