4.9/5 (265 ratings)

About Network Capital Funding Corporation

Network Capital is a full-service home lender specializing in mortgage refinance. With no application, lender or origination fees, it can help you close in as little as 15 business days. The company serves borrowers in Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Pros

• Fast closing process
  • Easy application
  • No fees and competitive rates

Cons

• Confusing web experience
  • No personalized rates upfront

Bottom Line

With no fees and competitive rates, Network Capital offers easy and affordable mortgage options. Although it doesn’t provide personalized rates online, you can call to get started with no obligation.

Top Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Capital Funding Corporation?

Verified

My Loan Officer Kyle ** and Closing Officer Hazel ** are very efficient, polite, warm to their clients… They patiently helped me through the confusing process; and guided me throu...

Verified

...My mortgage banker, Dodge ** was transparent from the beginning. He answered all my questions and...He was professional and you will feel at ease at the same time because he wa...

What is Network Capital?

Network Capital is a funding corporation that provides mortgage and refinancing products for homebuyers and homeowners. Its team specializes in fast closings (as little as 15 days for some products). With low rates and zero application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified borrowers, Network Capital offers mortgage products that are more affordable than some of its competitors provide.

Network Capital services, loans and products

Network Capital customers work directly with licensed home loan experts to gather, organize and submit all documents needed for approval. These experts also help you decide which program makes sense for your needs.

Its loans include:

• Conventional
  • Refinance
  • FHA
  • VA
  • USDA

Most of its loan products require a 3% to 5% down payment and are functional even if a lendee declares bankruptcy.

Network Capital mortgage rates

Network Capital promises “competitively low rates,” meaning its costs can change according to current federal rates. At the time of this publication, its costs fall between 2.25% and 2.875%, which are fairly affordable rates.

It’s important to note that your credit history and down payment may not qualify for these rates — but with no lender, application or origination fees, Network Capital could be an affordable option upfront. The company also offers mortgage discount points.

Network Capital FAQ

Where is Network Capital located?

Network Capital is in Irvine, California, but most of its products are available online.

Does Network Capital do a credit check?

Yes. FHA and VA loans require a credit score of at least 550; conventional loans require a score no lower than 620.

Can you apply for Network Capital’s loans online?

Yes, the entire process can be completed online.

Does Network Capital charge loan fees?

There are no application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified buyers.

Is Network Capital transparent about its rates?

Not really. Its customers have to jump through some hoops to see rates, and the only way to get a customized rate is to call.

Is Network Capital legit?

Network Capital is a good option if you want to choose from a variety of online loan products. Because it doesn’t show personalized rates and fees online, it might be difficult to grasp the total cost of each loan; however, its licensed loan officers can walk you through options over the phone and provide free, customized no-obligation rates.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2022

I talked to a couple of different lending companies and made my way into the process before they dropped my case because of having a manufactured home, even though it was something I was upfront with. I filled out the paperwork. I told Network Capital that. But they still went through and tried to help me. I got a phone call while I was at work and talked to Justin for a bit about the fact that I had a manufactured home. And he said, “Oh, no. We can do that.”

The communication was on point. I had a unique situation as I was looking into doing an FHA loan for my manufactured home. So, it was a newer process for Network Capital. But my team was very communicative, professional, never left me on read. If I had any questions, they got back to me as soon as possible. And if they didn't have an answer for me in the time frame that they said they would, they still reached out and let me know what's going on and why they didn't have that answer. Even with having more stuff to do for my refinance when I bought the house, it was an easier process than when I bought the house. I just had a significantly better experience working with the team at Network Capital than I did with my previous lender. It was a really good experience.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

Network Capital's rates were lower than what I had. I got a refinance from them and at first, they were quick in giving me a call back. I left my information and was told that someone would get back to me. Then, somebody spoke to me and I went through some numbers with them. But after giving him all the information, he said that it would be difficult for me to get a mortgage based on all the information I've given him. Somebody else gave me a call and said that they could work on this mortgage. He went through the numbers and said he felt very good about it. One thing led to the next and I got great results at the end.

I was working with someone and things were going pretty well. But something happened in the office with COVID and I just didn't hear from him. I waited, emailed and called, but I didn't hear from him. So I called the number on there that they told me to call. Luckily, we had his manager's number on there and he said that he'd take care of it right away. And he did. He got me in touch with another person. So they were quick on it and within a couple of days, everything was back on and going through.

I have done several mortgages in my lifetime and this is one of the easiest processes. Some of those companies would drag you out, ask you for the same documentation, repeat it again a week or two later, then ask you to give more documentation, and then tell you that they got to check this and that. With Network Capital, there might have been little bumps here and there and the process was not perfect, but it was very smooth compared to a lot of the other companies out there. I've always been extremely scared and nervous when having to go through this kind of a process. It's very strenuous and the amount of paperwork that you have to put together, back and forth, bogs you down. There's never enough paperwork and always they want something else. But working with Network, I'm not as frightened if I have to do it in the future and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I used Network Capital twice and I like the speed that they offer. I also like their persistence. There was a customer appreciation special and I took advantage of that. My understanding of the customer appreciation special was from what I heard on the radio show and through some other advertisements. I didn't realize that it was going to be as expensive as it was the second time around in terms of charges. It was a little difficult because we have a jumbo loan.

The other thing was there was a period of time when I had refinanced with Network Capital and expressed an interest in going for a lower rate. I got calls from all over the country from different Network Capital bankers who apparently didn't know that other Network Capital bankers were calling me all over the place. The left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. There was a little bit of confusion and we were going over the same ground over and over again. But I got a nice low rate on a 30-year fixed term that I'm glad I was able to get. I'm also very happy with the follow through. I do recommend Network Capital when I get the chance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I made a phone call to Network Capital and it was probably the best phone call I made. I work in finance myself and wish our process was as smooth as how Network Capital made it seem. The process with Network Capital was a lot easier than anticipated. Ken was the gentleman I spoke to originally then I got pushed off to Tracy who was the loan officer. I liked the clear communication and transparency with them. They told me how the process was gonna go. Me being in the industry, I was a little hesitant and said there was no way it was gonna be that easy but what they said was true.

The only hiccup was they were gonna pay off my existing mortgage with the funds from the refi. I kept checking my balance to make sure everything was paid but for some reason, they didn't get the payment. It was still outstanding after about three weeks. I called my mortgage company to find out what was going on. They said the money was sent, but they sent it back because it wasn't enough. I called Tracy to let her know. She apologized and it was paid the next day. Network Capital is what I'm referring people to going forward.

Original review: June 2, 2021

My mother-in-law got a 30-year conventional loan from Network Capital Funding and everything was done online, until we came down to the closing. When they arranged for a notary for the signing of all of the docs, that was done. The loan was funded and she took some money out to pay off a credit card that had gotten a little high. Everything was wrapped up very easily. No paper had to be filled out and FedExed. We filled in the blanks and hit submit. The process took around 30 days and the initial agent was very accommodating. But once we got more into the nitty-gritty with the underwriters, they weren't as fun to work with.

After the loan was closed, the credit card balance was paid off and it was to be funded, the experience got a little sketchy. The communication wasn't as complete and thorough, so it would leave you with questions. They couldn't seem to get her payments right as to when they were to start, where they were to go to and whether it was an autopay or not. It took us three attempts before it was finally dialed-in. The process was fine until got to the autopay and the deduction over her first payments. They were supposed to just start taking it from her bank account and yet, we were getting calls and letters regarding a late payment because they failed to set it up correctly.

When we had concerns, we would call in, based on the documents that we had received, to specific 888 numbers. For customer service or specific questions, it was multiple numbers in different offices, whether they were in California or elsewhere. So, you weren't always sure if you were calling the right department and sometimes, you weren't. But eventually, we got it all ironed out. After we were done with the first person, we were trying to hand it off to another department. Each time we had to deal with them, we dealt with a different representative but with the account number, they were able to pull things right up and whoever you spoke to last, there were notes in the system about that conversation. So it worked fine. The rates and the terms of the mortgage were excellent. Even though we were unhappy with the payment process, everything else was terrific. The experience with Network Capital Funding was overall very good.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Very good experience with this company! They were very patient with me! I’m not good on computer, they helped me every step of the way!! Great experience!! 5 star! I would recommend them to family and friends! They go the extra mile!

Original review: May 19, 2022

Our experience with Network Capital was absolutely fantastic. My first phone call with Justin ** proved to be one of the very best if not the best call I ever had. He reassured me that this process was going to go smoothly. Well from start to finish our refi was complete in 26 days. Justin was courteous, knowledgeable and very understanding. He did his job with with expertise and he sincerely cared about our needs. My husband and I were so comfortable with this process. We would recommend Network Capital and Justin ** to anyone that needs a mortgage or refi. Thanks so much Justin.

Original review: May 18, 2022

This was a great experience. I truly recommend. I am wanting to let people know I had an excellent experience with Network Capital. My agents Trevor ** and Ivy ** were amazing. Very professional and knowledgeable. I totally recommend them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

My experience was wonderful. Maryem and Angela we're awesome their dedication to helping the borrower was outstanding hope to continue to keep doing business in the future to come definitely. Will let family and friends know about the service at Network Capital. Thank you so much for your time and your help hope to continue keep doing business with you throughout the future.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We were making payments to Mountain West Financial then we got a letter saying that they passed the agreement to Network Capital. We went along with it and did everything. We were very pleased. Paul was really approachable and nice. Victoria was the second person we spoke with and she was also very friendly and communicative. She gave us the information clearly. It was easy to understand what was going on. It was pretty quick.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Company Information