Find a Mortgages partner

Houston, TX

2.3/5 (16 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Network Funding

Network Funding is a mortgage lender that offers multiple mortgage loan types, including refinancing services. The company has an app to help you throughout the lending process, and it provides closing periods as brief as 10 days. Its services are available in select states only.

Pros

• Closings in 10 days
  • 10-minute application process
  • Several mortgage types

Cons

• Doesn’t operate in all states
  • Rates not readily available online

Bottom Line

Network Funding’s many mortgage types include refinancing options, and its Simpl app makes it a convenient choice for new and existing homeowners. Many also appreciate the company’s philanthropic efforts.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

What is Network Funding?

Network Funding is a mortgage loan company with a simplified lending process from application to closing. The company has more than 20 years of experience and focuses on streamlining customer service and the borrowing process. It also has a philanthropic program called The Giving Network, which gives employees and borrowers the opportunity to donate to homes and families and participate in a larger community impact.

How does Network Funding work?

To borrow from Network Funding, you can download the Simpl app to begin the application process. The app lets you apply for a mortgage in 10 minutes or less. The company can also help you determine which mortgage type is right for your needs. Its common mortgage types include FHA, conventional, HUD, jumbo and others.

If you’d like to learn more about the mortgage process before applying, Network Funding offers a mortgage calculator, multiple free eBooks and other complimentary resources — all of which are available online. Once you’re approved for a loan, the company will work to help you close as soon as possible; it boasts a turnaround time of 10 days.

Network Funding mortgage rates

Mortgage rates for Network Funding’s loans vary based on the type of loan you take, the amount you borrow and factors like the amount of your down payment and your home’s location. At the time of publishing, lenders across the U.S. offered mortgage rates from 2.4% to 3.4%, but it’s important to understand these rates fluctuate regularly.

Network Funding offers a multitude of mortgage types to help meet most families’ financial needs. Its Simpl app can also help you understand which loan type is right for your budget.

Network Funding FAQ

Where is Network Funding located?
Network Funding’s headquarters is located in Houston, Texas.
Where is Network Funding available?
Network Funding is available in 32 states across the U.S. You can see if your state is in its service area by visiting its licensing page.
Can I make payments online with Network Funding?
Yes, Network Funding allows online payments through its website.
Does Network Funding offer refinancing?
Yes, Network Funding offers refinancing opportunities. If you’re looking to refinance your mortgage, you can apply through the Simpl app.

Is Network Funding legit?

Network Funding’s selection of home mortgage types makes its services ideal for a wide range of home loan borrowers, and its Simpl app makes the application and borrowing processes easy with 10-minute approvals. The company operates in just 32 states, however, so it’s not available to everyone. You can see if it’s in your service area on its licensing page; if so, it should be a solid mortgage lender option.

Network Funding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Funding?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Funding?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have done many loans with Chris and his Team over the years, and as always, it was a great, simple, and enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend Chris and Network Funding to anyone....and I have many times over.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I bought my first house in 2012 and my second in 2017. I did my original loans and have refinanced both of those homes with Network Funding. Wonderful group of people who helped me in a very intimidating process involving personal information and a lot of money. That said, their care was top notch. Couldn’t recommend them more highly.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased my first home this year and had a wonderful experience with Network Funding and my lender. As a first time home buyer, you learn as you go, and home transactions are complicated with lots of moving parts. Network Funding's technology platform, along with quick and clear communication from my lender, made the transaction feel easy. We closed ahead of schedule and got a competitive rate. I have referred friends and family to my loan officer for purchases and refi's and they have all given me great feedback.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I worked with Network Funding to get my first mortgage in 2016, and recently used them again to refinance my home. As a self-employed business owner, there a few more hoops to jump through when getting a mortgage, but my loan officer (Austin **) was patient and extremely helpful throughout. I truly don't think I could have done it without him. When rates dropped lower this year, he contacted me and laid out a plan for a refinance that ended up saving us thousands of dollars a year and a huge amount over the life of the loan. Austin feels like a financial coach, not just a loan officer. So glad I worked with him and Network Funding.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Don't work with ANY mortgage loan officers with Network Funding. They lie and say it's a soft credit pull while it should not be because you are crediting from multiple mortgage companies. The mortgage lender was very pushy and wanted me to give my information. Next thing some random hard hit showed up on my credit report "CIC Credit". I searched them and they have no information. Stay away from Network Funding.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Liars, incompetent, discriminative, unprofessional, lending company. I’ve had 4 closing dates proposed and not one has come to fruition. I am constantly having to prove myself and I get an extremely slow leak of communication from them. This home buying process has caused me major anxiety, I’m stressed out, and I’m close to being displaced in living arrangements if we can’t close soon. This has been a very ailing process to me, and I will NOT recommend this company to friend, family, or foe. Run!! Don’t go near them!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ATTEMPTED to use this company for a refinance that went terribly wrong. After all is said and done I am left with a terrible experience, loss of funds for an appraisal I paid for (for no reason), and 7 credit inquiry’s that have dropped my score significantly. This company should be ashamed! So many broken promises and not 1 person delivered (Erin, Jodee, Jessie Or Eddie). Honestly the only word I can think of is pathetic. The least you could do is remove the inquiries I told would not even show on my credit score to begin with. If they are not removed I will be forced to hire an attorney. This company is a complete joke, do not use them.

Original review: July 27, 2017

As soon as I discovered that Network Funding overpaid my homeowners insurance, I have made many phone calls to correct the amount. Customer service did not give me helpful information right away that they could've given me when I made my first call. It took numerous phone calls with many different responses to get anything resolved, which I am still waiting on. I don't understand why it is taking so long to process these corrections. It seems like a ridiculously long time to get anything done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Mr. George ** is a hack loan officer. Firstly, we (myself and spouse) carefully addresses all of the routine key factors associated in a new home build. We stated all the loan processing information directly, repeatedly and accurately all of the required docs. We ensured these docs were received and reviewed by ** and his underlings on several occasions. When it came time to set a closing date... the original projected date was mysteriously moved forward. We had to haggle and firmly stick to our original date. Someone in Network Funding was, what was perceived, were in a hurry to set this date forward to an estimated building completion date, by a few weeks. This issue was resolved. However, it raised red flags.

Secondly, we steadily moved closer to this agreed upon closing final closing date. When we got to within 9 days of closing, we were contacted by ** to be explained that Network Funding needed an additional 15k. That's $15 Thousand dollars. $15,000.00 to bring to closing. He stated that a reevaluation had occurred and since this was a investment property we needed this amount to meet the requirements. This was a subject previously discussed at length upon the original discussions. ** is an unprofessional hack, who doesn't know and understand his job.Thereby, making life needlessly and extremely difficult for his customers. He is either lazy, incompetent, poorly trained, ignorant, all the above.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Here it is in a nutshell: I was told I was pre-qualified and given a pre-qualification letter for the amount I needed. I submitted my application and all paperwork on the day I was asked. I have ZERO debt and an income of $90,000 per year. I also own all of my vehicles outright. NO DEBT! My closing is in just over a week and the people in "underwriting" couldn't understand the simplest of concepts on how I was employed previously and currently. So now they have to make more phone calls for Verification of Employment. They told me I would not be able to close on time and now I will be out of the country and my family has to move into a rent home. Avoid Network Funding!!! Thanks for NOTHING, Lending Tree!!!

Network Funding Company Information