1.36/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Houston, TX

Looking for a mortgage lender?

13 Network Funding Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

Liars, incompetent, discriminative, unprofessional, lending company. I’ve had 4 closing dates proposed and not one has come to fruition. I am constantly having to prove myself and I get an extremely slow leak of communication from them. This home buying process has caused me major anxiety, I’m stressed out, and I’m close to being displaced in living arrangements if we can’t close soon. This has been a very ailing process to me, and I will NOT recommend this company to friend, family, or foe. Run!! Don’t go near them!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ATTEMPTED to use this company for a refinance that went terribly wrong. After all is said and done I am left with a terrible experience, loss of funds for an appraisal I paid for (for no reason), and 7 credit inquiry’s that have dropped my score significantly. This company should be ashamed! So many broken promises and not 1 person delivered (Erin, Jodee, Jessie Or Eddie). Honestly the only word I can think of is pathetic. The least you could do is remove the inquiries I told would not even show on my credit score to begin with. If they are not removed I will be forced to hire an attorney. This company is a complete joke, do not use them.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2017

As soon as I discovered that Network Funding overpaid my homeowners insurance, I have made many phone calls to correct the amount. Customer service did not give me helpful information right away that they could've given me when I made my first call. It took numerous phone calls with many different responses to get anything resolved, which I am still waiting on. I don't understand why it is taking so long to process these corrections. It seems like a ridiculously long time to get anything done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Mr. George ** is a hack loan officer. Firstly, we (myself and spouse) carefully addresses all of the routine key factors associated in a new home build. We stated all the loan processing information directly, repeatedly and accurately all of the required docs. We ensured these docs were received and reviewed by ** and his underlings on several occasions. When it came time to set a closing date... the original projected date was mysteriously moved forward. We had to haggle and firmly stick to our original date. Someone in Network Funding was, what was perceived, were in a hurry to set this date forward to an estimated building completion date, by a few weeks. This issue was resolved. However, it raised red flags.

Secondly, we steadily moved closer to this agreed upon closing final closing date. When we got to within 9 days of closing, we were contacted by ** to be explained that Network Funding needed an additional 15k. That's $15 Thousand dollars. $15,000.00 to bring to closing. He stated that a reevaluation had occurred and since this was a investment property we needed this amount to meet the requirements. This was a subject previously discussed at length upon the original discussions. ** is an unprofessional hack, who doesn't know and understand his job.Thereby, making life needlessly and extremely difficult for his customers. He is either lazy, incompetent, poorly trained, ignorant, all the above.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Here it is in a nutshell: I was told I was pre-qualified and given a pre-qualification letter for the amount I needed. I submitted my application and all paperwork on the day I was asked. I have ZERO debt and an income of $90,000 per year. I also own all of my vehicles outright. NO DEBT! My closing is in just over a week and the people in "underwriting" couldn't understand the simplest of concepts on how I was employed previously and currently. So now they have to make more phone calls for Verification of Employment. They told me I would not be able to close on time and now I will be out of the country and my family has to move into a rent home. Avoid Network Funding!!! Thanks for NOTHING, Lending Tree!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Funding?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Avoid like the plague. They say loan approved then to con you into paying for the appraisal upfront. Then despite a 60% LTV ratio and income four times the amount of the loan, they ask you to get a letter from the oil and gas company stating that royalties will continue for the next 3 years at that level!!! No oil and gas company in the world will write such a letter. Obvious scammers.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I applied with Lending Tree and received several calls and emails from Andrew ** who said I was pre-approved and there shouldn't be an issue. Mr. ** said he would call me the next day once everything was reviewed. Well, it's been nearly two weeks and no call. I have called and left messages, and also emailed him with no luck. I would assume that something negative was located, which is ok. My advice to Mr. ** would be whether a customer is approved or not, communication is important. Just to ignore someone is sloppy and unprofessional. My advice to a future customer who wishes to use Network Funding is to read reviews very well. Go to your local bank.

Original review: March 6, 2015

After answering an ad for Lending Tree I was contacted by ** in the Dallas Branch. We discussed my loan, he told me absolutely no problem, it was a slam dunk. My closing date was set and I was to close in 60 days. During those 60 days ** told me (the few times I could reach him) "no problem, we don't need any more paperwork, we will close on time."

Two days before we were set to close the underwriters came into the picture. They wanted reams of paperwork which I had already sent **. Long story short I had to contact **'s boss, then his boss then his bosses boss in Houston to get this loan closed. We closed 45 days late! The seller of the property was extremely upset with me and NF. I had to pay him rent for the 45 days. NF said they would cover it but they never did. Network Funding is totally inept, they will not tell you the truth. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

After answering a ad for Lending Tree I was contacted by Wes **, not only once but several times till I returned the call. When I explained what I was looking for I was told absolutely no problem. After my house appraised for $143,000 more than my principal I was told it was a slam dunk. It then went to the senior loan officer Jodee ** . Then she emailed me with a list of things she needed in addition to what they already had. I called her on the the phone for an explanation of what she needed and her phone went to voice mail that was full for two weeks, so tried to call Wes ** with no response.

After I emailed Jodee and asked if they were just a letter head that now had two years of my most personal info, she finally called me back and said she was on vacation and did not take phone calls, that was the last time I heard from form her. At that time I tried to get a hold to Wes and two weeks latter he called back and said I did not qualify. This process took two and a half months. The day took my info to another bank and was approved for a loan for .63% lower than what Network Funding offered. My experience with Network Funding LP was one filled with a pile of paper work and frustration. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I applied for a mortgage with Network Funding in Chapin SC and was given a pre-approval quickly. Shortly after I received an information packet via email that explained all of the information that I would need to submit when I was ready to make an offer on a house. My representative from Network Funding (Beth **) was always available to answer any questions I had and made the entire process amazingly painless. I made an offer on a house and everything went extremely well, no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend the Chapin SC office for their professionalism and efficient service.

Network Funding Company Information