2. Mortgages

Virginia

First Meridian Mortgage Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Meridian Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Kevin ** and his team at First Meridian Mortgage Corporation are tops. We had initially spoken with numerous lenders and though we had settled in with USAA for our pre-approval, our realtor asked that we take a moment to discuss our intentions with Kevin. Kevin immediately identified shortfalls of the pre-approval process that we had placed our full confidence in. Kevin demonstrated a depth of knowledge that other lenders failed to, an ability to see solutions where others saw hurdles, and a committed professional investment in the process.

As importantly, he and his team worked our application with determination, candor, and plain English transparency. Kevin never ceased advocating for our application. Without Kevin ** and First Meridian Mortgage Corporation, we would not have found ourselves buying and selling, contingency free, on-schedule, with full confidence in our approval and under the most favorable loan conditions. Applying for a mortgage loan is one of the largest financial decisions we make. Get it done and done right - with Kevin **.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

There are (at least) 2 companies called First Meridian Mortgage Corporation. Please be sure to indicate which company (and location) you are referring to in your reviews! The one in Alexandria Virginia owned and run by Kevin Retcher has been great (http://www.firstmeridianmortgage.com). The bad reviews all seem to be about the one in Florida that has no relation to the one in Virginia.

I've used First Meridian Mortgage Corporation in Virginia to refinance more than 6 times since I purchased my first home in the 1990s. Kevin (the owner) has been knowledgeable and helpful on all fronts. I shopped around for a while, but I never refinanced anywhere else, in large part because Kevin provides both a good price and has proven trustworthy. FWIW, I have a number of professional colleagues (with PhD's in Economics) who have used First Meridian in Virginia, as well. I currently have my auto and homeowners insurance through the company, as well.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2010

No wrong has been done except you are ruining my companies reputation by not distinguishing my company versus the other First Meridian Mortgage Corporations that have taken my name on in other jurisdiction. You do not separate them from me enough and I know they are bad, but you are also affecting me, and the more of this happens, you are building a case for me to come after you and others. Either you do your homework and include license number and other items of distinction, or pull the complaint because it affects me also.

First Meridian Mortgage Corporation Company Information