Best Mortgage Lenders in Sacramento, CA
Mortgages make homeownership possible for people who don’t have enough cash to buy a home outright. Whether you’re purchasing a starter home or refinancing, now is a great time to take advantage of the current mortgage rates in California. We made this guide to help you find and compare the best mortgage companies in Sacramento.
Top 12 Sacramento Mortgage Companies
|BOK Financial Mortgage||Read 1,688 Reviews|
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
|Mr. Cooper||Read 9,039 Reviews|
Offers conventional, FHA, VA and jumbo home loans nationwide. Refinances homes with FHA Streamline and VA IRRRL (interest rate reduction refinance loan). Provides convenient app. No online payment fees. Non-bank mortgage servicer.
|Vanderbilt Mortgage||Read 1,919 Reviews|
Specializes in financing for new or used manufactured, modular and mobile homes. Provides conventional, land-home, FHA and biweekly advantage mortgages. Down payments start at 3.5% of the total purchase price.
|Toll free number (855) 976-1445|
|ClearPath Lending||Read 864 Reviews|
Offers FHA, VA, conventional and jumbo loans for purchase, plus mortgage refinancing options. Lets customers track loan progress via an online portal. Funds most loans within 30 days.
|Toll free number (855) 980-6844|
|AmeriSave Mortgage||Read 2,837 Reviews|
Provides FHA, VA, USDA and jumbo purchase loans plus cash-out refinancing options. Gives accurate quotes within minutes. Prequalify and close in as little as 25 days. Direct mortgage lender.
|Toll free number (855) 794-5993|
|Guild Mortgage Company||Read 132 Reviews|
Offers conventional, FHA, USDA, VA and jumbo mortgage loans for purchase and refinancing options. Provides DPA programs, expanded (non-QM), short-term rental refinance and renovation loan programs.
|American Pacific Mortgage||Read Expert Review|
Offers standard and specialty loan products, from conventional loans to loans for manufactured homes. Tailors a mortgage solution to each client’s unique needs and goals. Request a quote or apply for a mortgage online.
|Cali Mortgage||Read Expert Review|
Takes a personal approach to getting a mortgage. Local to Sacramento and Rocklin. Specializes in VA, FHA, conventional, jumbo and refinance loans. Only offers mortgages, which cuts down on fees.
|Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation||Read Expert Review|
Offers traditional loan products plus reverse mortgages, assistance programs and CHDAP. Provides quick and easy help through its online Purchase Assistant. Works with the CalHFA Downpayment Assistance Program.
|Sacramento City Mortgage||Read Expert Review|
Offers personal service with competitive rates. Promises a fast, straightforward loan process, with preapproval just hours after application. Specializes in helping customers overcome income, credit or down payment concerns.
|Summit Funding||Read Expert Review|
Encourages loan officers to answer questions and educate customers. Offers various loan programs, like conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, jumbo and reverse mortgages. Locations across the country, including a local office in Sacramento.
|West Coast Mortgage Group||Read Expert Review|
Offers quick online quotes for loans. Provides conventional, VA, FHA, jumbo and refinance mortgages. Provides educational resources for homebuyers on its website.
Sacramento mortgage rates and trends
Sacramento real estate prices are well above the national average. The median home price in Sacramento is around $350,000, with homes starting around $273,000 at the low end.
Home values in Sacramento have risen over the last several years. In 2019, median home values increased 3.3% over the previous year, and this upward trajectory is expected to continue.
The table below shows median home prices in popular areas around Sacramento.
|Neighborhood or suburb||Median home price|
|North Oak Park||$324,900|
Finding a mortgage in Sacramento, CA
In Sacramento, the most common types of mortgages are fixed-rate loans and 5/1 adjustable-rate loans. Government-backed mortgage programs — such as Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgages — are also popular due to Sacramento’s high median home value.
Your neighborhood may influence which mortgage options are best for you. We matched some popular Sacramento neighborhoods with their optimal types of mortgages below:
- Midtown: Known for its youthful vibe, Midtown attracts younger, millennial homebuyers with its art walks, eateries and bars. Homes here range from modern lofts to historic Victorian houses, and the median home price is $736,000. Because younger buyers often have student loans or other debt, government-backed mortgages that offer lower down payments are popular.
- Tahoe Park: Tahoe Park is convenient and affordable, making it a popular choice for first-time homebuyers and young families. Single-family homes here cost an average of $323,000. The area is also close to the Sacramento State campus and UC Davis Medical Center. Adjustable-rate mortgages are popular for growing families here since they would likely sell before the rate increases.
- Elk Grove: Once a farm town, this neighborhood is quickly growing. It features newer, more modern homes that appeal to established families looking to enjoy the quiet suburban life and take advantage of the area’s excellent schools. Many residents commute to work in Sacramento or other nearby cities. Given the average $465,000 home price, conventional mortgages are popular for those looking to make their home an investment.
- Natomas: Since downgraded levees have led to state-mandated flood insurance for this area, it is now one of the most affordable areas in Sacramento. This neighborhood features everything from halfplexes to midcentury modern homes. It is popular for young professionals and young families because of its good school districts, as well. Median home prices range from $313,000 in South Natomas to $464,000 in North Natomas. Conventional fixed-rate mortgages and FHA mortgages with lower down payments help first-time homebuyers buy in this neighborhood.
- Land Park: The homes here date back to the early 20th century and feature a range of architectural styles, including Tudors, cottages and Craftsman bungalows. Homes in this neighborhood are more expensive than other areas of Sacramento, with a median price of $625,000. Conventional mortgages, especially 30-year, fixed-rate loans, are a good choice here.
Choosing a Sacramento mortgage lender
Searching for the best mortgage lender in Sacramento is hard work, but it’s worth it to get the best rates on a purchase this large. First, you want an idea of the current mortgage rates in your area to make sure the lender is in line with local averages. Then, read the fine print for any terms and fees. Does the lender allow borrowers to pay off their loans before the end of the loan term, or is there a prepayment fee? Are there administration or account maintenance fees?
Next, consider how convenient it is to get in touch with someone from the lending company. If you have an immediate question, can you call and speak to someone, or do you have to wait for a response? Online reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations are an excellent resource for determining the true customer service skills of a potential mortgage lender.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list, get preapproved by a few different lenders so you can compare costs, terms, fees and services. As you work with these companies, make sure to pay attention to their workflow, communication and customer service before fully committing to borrowing hundreds of thousands of dollars from one.
Sacramento home loan FAQ
- What is the average mortgage payment in California?
- The estimated average monthly mortgage payment is $2,166 across California but only $1,527 in Sacramento.
- How long does it take to get approved for a mortgage loan in Sacramento?
- Getting approved for a mortgage loan in Sacramento usually takes 30 to 45 days.
- Can you put an offer in for a house without a mortgage in Sacramento?
- While you can put an offer in for a house without a mortgage, it’s far better to be preapproved for an amount covering the sales price. Many realtors do not proceed until you have been preapproved.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Sacramento mortgage company information
West Coast Mortgage Group’s lending team dedicates itself to helping homeowners through the mortgage process. Its loan products include conventional, VA, FHA, jumbo, refinance and reverse mortgages. The company’s website also offers several educational resources, including mortgage calculators and financial tips.
- Address: 2716 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818
- Phone: (916) 453-7533
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: wcmtg.com
American Pacific Mortgage has a loan product for everyone, whether they’re purchasing a new home or refinancing. In addition to conventional, FHA, jumbo, USDA, VA and reverse mortgage loans, the company offers several specialty products for vacation properties and manufactured homes. Customers can request a quote or apply for a mortgage loan through its website. American Pacific also offers homebuyer workshops to help educate new buyers about loan products and the lending process.
- Address: U.S. Bank Plaza, 980 Ninth St., Ste. 1780, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Phone: (800) 455-0986
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: jasonmata.com
Sacramento City Mortgage streamlines the loan process. It specializes in helping customers who were previously denied because of income concerns, bad credit or low down payments. Customers can get preapproval within just minutes of application. In addition to conventional, FHA and VA loans, this lender offers hybrid adjustable-rate mortgages and the HARP 2.0 loan program for refinancing a home without paying mortgage insurance. It also donates a portion of all closed loan proceeds to the Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Address: 225 30th St., Ste. 208, Sacramento, CA 95816
- Phone: (916) 790-5626
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: saccitymortgage.com
Summit Funding offers a variety of traditional loan products to suit each customer’s needs, including conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, jumbo and reserve mortgage loans. The company emphasizes customer interaction for a personalized experience and loan program. It has locations across the country, including a local office in Sacramento.
- Address: 2241 Harvard St., Ste. 200, Sacramento, CA 95815
- Phone: (916) 571-3000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: summitfunding.net
Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation offers a full range of mortgage loan products, including conventional, jumbo, government-backed, USDA and reverse mortgages. The lender also works with the CalHFA Downpayment Assistance Program. Its digital loan process Purchase Assistant helps customers determine the right loan product for them by answering a series of questions about their potential home and financial situation, all without entering personal information.
- Address: 2033 Howe Ave., Ste. 110, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Phone: (916) 929-2333
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: masonmac.com/sacramento-ca
All Cali Mortgage does is offer loan products, which saves customers from the costs that big banks have. The company assists all homebuyers, from first-timers to seasoned investors. Its loan products include conventional, VA, FHA, jumbo and refinance mortgages as well as products specifically geared toward first-time homebuyers and self-employed buyers. It also has competitive interest rates and a quick approval process.
- Address: 3175 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 103, Rocklin, CA 95677
- Phone: (916) 367-7508
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 7:30pm; Sat - Sun: 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: calimortgage.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!