Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Chicago, IL
Top 13 Chicago Mortgage Companies
Read 3,269 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages through its easy online approval process. Custom quotes include no obligations, no commitments and no hidden fees. Provides a wide variety of loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA.
|Call Now Toll Free (866) 815-0655|
Read 945 Reviews
Nationwide mortgage lender based in California. Offers lending and refinancing services in almost every state. Specializes in fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans and guarantees the best pricing for your loan.
Read 9,400 Reviews
Provides new home loans and mortgage refinancing. Offers competitive interest rates. Award-winning mobile app. Online loan tracking. Guarantees closing date or the company will pay your first mortgage payment.
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,709 Reviews
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
Read 2,003 Reviews
Specializes in financing for new or used manufactured, modular and mobile homes. Provides conventional, land-home, FHA and biweekly advantage mortgages. Down payments start at 3.5% of the total purchase price.
|Guaranteed Rate Mortgage|
Read 164 Reviews
Offers mortgages and refinancing services. Apply and get approved online. Work with loan officers and loan specialists assigned to your case. Get approval in as little as 15 minutes.
|A and N Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers competitive mortgage rates, fee structures and access to more than banks, credit unions, mortgage insurance companies and more. Provides online and printable preapproval applications in English and Spanish.
|Chicago Financial Services||Read Author Review|
Offers specialty loan programs in addition to traditional loan and refinancing options. Finds the best loan for you with the company's digital loan application tool. Licensed in multiple states.
|Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp.||Read Author Review|
Provides government mortgage loans, such as FHA, VA and USDA mortgages, as well as jumbo, renovation, HELOC, reverse and second mortgages. Offers lender-paid mortgage insurance (LPMI) programs.
|LeaderOne Financial Corporation||Read Author Review|
Offers mortgages to new homebuyers and refinancers. Lets customers apply online and follow the process from the company's app. Provides mortgage calculators.
|Molitor Financial Group||Read Author Review|
Offers loans for home purchasing and refinancing. Provides conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA loans. Mobile app from CardTapp available for accessible communication.
|Neighborhood Loans||Read Author Review|
Provides FHA, FHA 203k, jumbo, VA, conventional, USDA, IHDA, refinancing, HomePossible, HomeReady and HomeStyle mortgage loans. Offers no-down-payment loans. Step-by-step guides for home buying and refinancing available.
|NewCastle Home Loans||Read Author Review|
Provides several mortgage options, including VA, renovation, refinance and FHA loans. Down payment assistance and DACA loan programs available. Accepts credit scores as low as 500 for VA loans.
Current housing trends in Chicago, IL
Since 2000, Chicago homes have appreciated more than 50%, which beats out most other cities in Illinois. While the market is booming, analysts predict home values may fall within the next year, making it an excellent time for homebuyers to snatch up a Chicago home before prices start rising again. To get a better idea of what your mortgage rate may be, make sure to check out our mortgage calculator.
Although Chicago homes have a median home value and average listing price hovering around $300,000, upscale residences can go for more than $1 million. Meanwhile, 10% of homes on the market are less than $120,000. Below are examples of home prices around Chicago.
|Location||Median home cost|
How to choose a home loan in Chicago
The most common mortgage loans in Chicago are Federal Housing Administration (FHA), conventional and jumbo loans. Some of the best places to buy a home in Chicago are:
- Edgewater/Andersonville: This makes our list due to its affordability — median home prices are $260,000 — despite being within walking distance of beaches. Conventional loans are an excellent choice in Edgewater/Andersonville because it’s easier to put the 20% down required to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI) fees.
- Lincoln Park: One for the wealthiest neighborhoods in Chicago is Lincoln Park. Home choices run the gamut from luxury condos to spacious single-family homes. The area also has some of the largest green spaces in Chicago. Residences have a median value of $668,000, making them an excellent candidate for jumbo loans because of their high cost.
- Lake View: Home to Wrigley Field, Lake View is a favorite spot for fans of the Cubs. At $355,000, the median home values are higher than the city’s average. First-time homebuyers can still make homeownership a reality with only 3.5% down through an FHA loan.
- North Center: North Center is an attractive place for families because of its low crime rates, excellent schools and high graduation rates. Home values are a median of $620,000, but going with a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage makes homes in North Center more affordable.
Many Cook County residents also take advantage of Chicago’s Home Buyer Assistance Program, which covers up to 7% of the loan amount for a down payment and closing costs. Payment assistance programs from the Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA) are also popular.
Finding a Chicago mortgage company
Selecting a Chicago mortgage company boils down finding a lender that has:
- Good mortgage rates
- A range of loan choices
- Good reviews and customer service
- High marks from friends and family
Deciding between a local, national or online mortgage company depends on how you like to do business and if you prefer in-person service. When selecting between two or more companies, consider going with one that’s more patient and attentive to your questions.
Chicago mortgage FAQ
- Can you negotiate a better mortgage rate?
- Yes, you can negotiate your mortgage rates with your lender. If you have an excellent credit score, good financial history and a large down payment, you have far better leverage.
- What credit score do you need to get a mortgage in Illinois?
- With stipulations, homebuyers may qualify for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 500, though 580 is more typical. Many mortgage lenders on our list require at least a score of 620.
- How do I get preapproved for a mortgage in Chicago?
- Most of our recommended lenders accept preapproval applications online. You can get your preapproval results in as little as a day.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Chicago mortgage company information
A and N Mortgage offers fixed-rate mortgages of 15 or 30 years as well as adjustable-rate mortgages of varying lengths and balloon mortgages of five or seven years. The lender works with a variety of programs, including stated income, imperfect credit and no point, no fee.
- Address: 1945 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, IL 60642
- Phone: (773) 305-5626
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: anmtg.com
Neighborhood Loans is an award-winning lender that can get you preapproved for a mortgage within 24 hours. The company has an efficient in-house underwriting and processing team to ensure your loan closes on time. It helps low- to moderate-income families obtain housing, even if they don't have perfect credit or can only put 3% down.
- Address: 5756 S. Pulaski Road, Chicago, IL 60629; Multiple locations
- Phone: (773) 649-4800
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 9pm
- Website: neighborhoodloans.com
Molitor Financial Group's proven process for buying a home or restructuring your loan takes you from initial consultation to closing with ease. The company helps veterans and active-duty military personnel obtain loans with more relaxed guidelines and low down payment options. With its loan restructuring options, you can also shorten your loan term or convert to a fixed-rate mortgage.
- Address: 5412 N. Clark St., Ste. 223, Chicago, IL 60640
- Phone: (773) 275-3100
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: molitorfinancialgroup.com
Homebuyers and refinancers have a wealth of information at their fingertips with LeaderOne Financial Corporation’s extensive interactive video library. It also has a set of calculators for refinancing savings, monthly payment amounts and costs of waiting to purchase. LeaderOne Financial Corporation funds more than $1.5 billion in home loans each year.
- Address: 420 W. Huron St., Ste. 105 Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone: (773) 384-2431
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 3pm
- Website: davidgoldhirsh.com
In business for over 125 years, Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp. is an experienced lender with a strong track record of customer satisfaction. The company's LPMI programs allow down payments as small as 5% on conventional loans without requiring customers to purchase mortgage insurance.
- Address: 363 W. Erie St., Ste. 300, Chicago, IL 60654; Multiple locations
- Phone: (312) 654-7255
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: dkmortgage.com
Chicago Financial Services is perfect for getting a primary or investment property mortgage because its license for one- to four-unit properties extends to multiple states, including California, Illinois, Washington and Florida. It also obtains wholesale numbers from banks and finance companies to offer you competitive mortgage rates.
- Address: 1455 W. Hubbard St., Ste. 200, Chicago, IL 60642
- Phone: (312) 642-7979
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: cfsmortgage.com
NewCastle Home Loans’ Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) loan helps those in the DACA program get conventional loans for one- to four-unit residences. Only a 3% down payment, 620 minimum credit score and stable employment or income are needed to see if DACA recipients qualify. DACA recipients can get approved in one day and close in as little as 10 days.
- Address: 1700 W. Cortland St., Ste. 207, Chicago, IL 60622
- Phone: (855) 610-1112
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: newcastle.loans
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.