Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Orlando, FL
Top 12 Orlando Mortgage Companies
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,709 Reviews
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
|Mr. Cooper||Read 9,127 Reviews|
Offers conventional, FHA, VA and jumbo home loans nationwide. Refinances homes with FHA Streamline and VA IRRRL (interest rate reduction refinance loan). Provides convenient app. No online payment fees. Non-bank mortgage servicer.
Read 894 Reviews
Offers FHA, VA, conventional and jumbo loans for purchase, plus mortgage refinancing options. Lets customers track loan progress via an online portal. Funds most loans within 30 days.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 980-6844|
Read 1,942 Reviews
Specializes in financing for new or used manufactured, modular and mobile homes. Provides conventional, land-home, FHA and biweekly advantage mortgages. Down payments start at 3.5% of the total purchase price.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 976-1445|
Read 2,845 Reviews
Provides FHA, VA, USDA and jumbo purchase loans plus cash-out refinancing options. Gives accurate quotes within minutes. Prequalify and close in as little as 25 days. Direct mortgage lender.
|Call Now Toll Free (855) 794-5993|
|Accurate Mortgage Group||Read Expert Review|
Offers qualifying customers $2,000 towards closing costs. Waives underwriting, origination and processing fees. Provides five different mortgage options to choose from, including FHA, conventional, USDA, VA and jumbo loans.
|American Mortgage Loan Services||Read Expert Review|
Provides free estimates on mortgages to help customers compare rates. Closes in just 19 days on average. Has helped over 130,000 customers and processed over $335 million in loans.
|America’s Money Source||Read Expert Review|
Provides a free mortgage calculator to estimate your monthly payments. Has an online interest rate comparison table to help customers. Website has a helpful blog to answer general questions.
|Equity Prime Mortgage||Read Expert Review|
Offers down payment assistance and energy-efficient mortgages. Quickly processes preapproval applications. Provides a helpful smartphone app with a mortgage calculator.
|Florida Home Funding||Read Expert Review|
Offers several different loan options. Provides fast closing times. Available evenings and weekends to accommodate any customer’s schedule.
|Streamline Mortgage Solutions||Read Expert Review|
Offers FHA, conventional loans and VA loans for active military and veterans. Applicants need at least a 620 credit score, a minimum 3% down payment and a maximum debt-to-income ratio of 49.9%. Provides FHA refinancing.
|Waterstone Mortgage Orlando||Read Expert Review|
Offers a specialty Community Heroes loan program for police, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics and teachers. Provides a specialty loan for borrowers looking to build their new homes.
Real estate trends in Orlando, FL
According to the Orlando Sentinel, home prices in the metro area have started falling for the first time since 2012. Average prices dropped $5,000 to $255,000 recently because of a surplus number of homes on the market, making this a buyer’s market.
|Location||Median home price|
|Doctor Phillips||$648, 207|
Current mortgage rates in Orlando
Interest rates for home loans vary, so the first step to finding out how much house you can afford is looking up current mortgage rates in Orlando. Enter this information into a mortgage calculator to discover how much you can afford in Florida. Have other info ready as well, such as your income, down payment and desired loan term.
Finding an Orlando mortgage
Floridians use a variety of mortgage loans, but many factors influence what type of mortgage you need. We picked some areas around Orlando and matched them with suitable mortgage programs so you can get an idea of what loans are typically used.
- Rowena Gardens: This neighborhood is a good match for fitness enthusiasts and families with children in school. Rowena Gardens is also known for its abundance of bars, restaurants, coffee shops and parks. With median home values near $452,000, many residents opt for 30-year conventional loans.
- Winter Springs: Residents enjoy this area’s excellent public schools, cheap housing, low crime rate and nightlife. Its median home value is just $227,200, so young professionals and first-time homebuyers looking to live here should consider FHA loans.
- Rose Isle: This area has a great nightlife while still being a good fit for families. It has many bars, restaurants, coffee shops and a great school district. With median home values around $547,000, a jumbo loan might be necessary to buy here.
Federal mortgage requirements in Orlando, FL
Federal loan limits change over time, but most Orlando neighborhoods have low enough home prices that buyers can qualify for conforming loans. Residents in more affordable areas can meet the lower FHA loan maximum. To qualify for these loans, applicants should have at least decent credit scores (650 and up) and moderate debt-to-income ratios.
Choosing a mortgage company in Orlando, FL
Choosing a mortgage lender is one of the most crucial decisions you'll make as you search for a home loan. It’s essential to find a lender that’s right for your financial situation. Look for a mortgage company in Orlando that has:
- Low interest rates
- Good loan terms
- Acceptable credit requirements
- Positive customer reviews
- Suitable availability, including nights and weekends if you can’t take off work
- Special programs or incentives, especially if you are a first-time homebuyer or veteran
Once you’ve found several suitable mortgage lenders in Orlando, get preapproved to compare their offers. While a low mortgage rate is important, there are other factors worth considering. Once you’ve chosen a lender, you can start looking for a new home in earnest.
Orlando home loan FAQ
- Can you put an offer in for a house without a mortgage in Orlando?
- Yes, you can technically submit an offer on a house without being approved for a mortgage, but it’s a contingent offer that still has to be approved by a mortgage lender. We recommend getting preapproved for a more convenient homebuying experience.
- What is the mortgage rate in Florida?
- Florida mortgage rates fluctuate periodically, so it’s best to look up rates whenever you’re ready to buy. We recommend the mortgage rate tool from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
- How quickly can you get a mortgage offer in Orlando?
- You can get a mortgage offer in as little as a few days, but most take a couple of weeks, depending on your debts, assets, credit score and employment.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Orlando mortgage company information
Florida Home Funding claims to offer some of the lowest mortgage rates in Orlando. It also closes on property sales in as few as 14 days. Applicants must have a credit score of at least 620 for most loans but only 580 for FHA loans. The company can also fold closing costs into your monthly payments if you don’t have the money upfront and don’t mind adding a little more to your mortgage rate.
- Address: 390 N. Orange Ave., Ste. 2125, Orlando, FL 32801
- Phone: (407) 704-8729
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 9pm; Sat - Sun: 9am - 7pm
- Website: flhomefunding.com
StreamLine Florida offers conventional loans with no upfront fees and a range of options for down payments. All you need to qualify is a 620 credit score, a minimum 3% down payment and a maximum 49.9% debt-to-income ratio. It also offers VA loans for service members, veterans and eligible surviving family members. It provides FHA refinancing, which gives you an even lower monthly payment without a new appraisal.
- Address: 1310 E. Robinson St., Orlando, FL 32801
- Phone: (407) 898-4477
- Hours: M - Sun: 8:30am - 8:30pm
- Website: streamlineflorida.com
American Mortgage Loan Services has served more than 130,000 people and processed over $335 million in loans. It also provides free quotes to get homebuyers and refinancers started. American Mortgage Loan Services’ closing average is 19 days.
- Address: 617 E. Colonial Drive, Ste. A, Orlando, FL 32803
- Phone: (407) 331-4700
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 9pm; Sun: 9am - 7pm
- Website: approvedamerican.com
Accurate Mortgage Group gives $2,000 towards closing costs to customers with FICO scores higher than 660 and a loan amount of more than $180,000. The company doesn’t charge underwriting fees, origination fees or processing fees. It offers five different loan options: FHA, conventional, USDA, VA and jumbo mortgages.
- Address: 7901 Kingspointe Parkway, Ste. 21, Orlando, FL 32819
- Phone: (407) 856-5622
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: amglenders.com
Equity Prime mortgage makes borrowing convenient with 100% FHA financing available through city and state bond programs and mortgage credit certificates. It also has an app that lets you calculate payments, get preapproved and scan and download any application documents.
- Address: 2290 Lucien Way, Maitland, FL 32751
- Phone: (407) 455-6800
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: equityprimeorlando.com
America’s Money Source offers a mortgage calculator to show customers how much house they can afford. The company also provides an interest rate comparison table where customers can choose different percentage increments to fine-tune their mortgage shopping.
- Address: 2306 Curry Ford Road, Orlando, FL 32806
- Phone: (407) 898-7559
- Hours: M - F: 9:30am - 6:30pm
- Website: americasmoneysource.com
Waterstone Mortgage offers a Community Heroes for police officers, firefighters, teachers, emergency medical technicians and paramedics. This loan’s terms include a 1% down payment and a 5/1 or 7/1 adjustable rate. The company also offers a Single Loan Close Construction Program for people building their new homes. This loan includes a 5% down payment and hassle-free drawing process for builders.
- Address: 2699 Lee Road, Ste. 600, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Phone: (407) 644-0870
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: waterstonemortgage.com