Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Houston, TX
Top 12 Houston Mortgage Companies
Read 935 Reviews
Offers FHA, VA, conventional and jumbo loans for purchase, plus mortgage refinancing options. Lets customers track loan progress via an online portal. Funds most loans within 30 days.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 980-6844|
|Mr. Cooper||Read 9,278 Reviews|
Offers conventional, FHA, VA and jumbo home loans nationwide. Refinances homes with FHA Streamline and VA IRRRL (interest rate reduction refinance loan). Provides convenient app. No online payment fees. Non-bank mortgage servicer.
Read 1,977 Reviews
Specializes in financing for new or used manufactured, modular and mobile homes. Provides conventional, land-home, FHA and biweekly advantage mortgages. Down payments start at 3.5% of the total purchase price.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 976-1445|
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,709 Reviews
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
Read 3,012 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages through its easy online approval process. Custom quotes include no obligations, no commitments and no hidden fees. Provides a wide variety of loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA.
|Call Now Toll Free (855) 794-5993|
|Hometrust Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Provides in-house processing, underwriting and closing. Has online tools to calculate payments and interest. Offers conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, jumbo, renovation and down payment assistance loans.
|Main Street Mortgage Company||Read Author Review|
Provides jumbo, conventional, home equity, self-employed and retirement loans for home purchases. Free rate quote. Offers fixed or variable rates.
|Noble Mortgage & Investments||Read Author Review|
Funds mortgages residential or commercial properties. Provides hard-money or conventional loans. Offers pre-approvals within two days. Processes loans in 10 to 45 days.
|PrimeLending Houston||Read Author Review|
Loan experts providing fixed or adjustable-rate mortgages. Offers refinancing or renovating loans. Options include VA, FHA, jumbo, USDA or conventional loans.
|Rock Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Provides in-house processing, underwriting, closing and funding. Pre-qualifies borrowers with no credit check. Offers multiple loan options, including FHA, VA, HARP 2.0, home equity and more.
|Secure Mortgage Company||Read Author Review|
Provides a full suite of loan products for homebuyers and those looking to refinance. Lets customers use a secure online application. Offers FHA, USDA and conventional loans.
|Sente Mortgage Houston||Read Author Review|
Funds residential or commercial mortgages. Provides fixed or adjustable rates. Offers VA, USDA, FHA, conventional and jumbo loans. Gives options for new home purchases and refinancing.
Choosing a mortgage lender in Houston, TX
To choose the right mortgage lender in Houston, you have to compare the details of each company carefully. For example, some borrowers prefer to work with national companies who operate exclusively online, while others prefer to speak with a local loan officer in person. Each option has different levels of customer service, so decide which works best for you.
As you dig deeper into the company’s offerings, read reviews from former customers and ask your friends, family members and real estate agent for their recommendations. Always request free quotes to compare mortgage rates. Be sure to ask plenty of questions during your evaluation to ensure you understand the process and are happy with the mortgage company. Always verify that the mortgage company is licensed in Texas before you sign any documents.
Choosing a Houston home loan
The most common mortgage loan in Houston is a 30-year fixed-rate conventional mortgage. The second most common is a 15-year mortgage. Depending on the neighborhood you select and your personal profile, you may also be eligible for an FHA, VA, jumbo or USDA loan.
- Lake Houston has excellent schools and hospitals, making this neighborhood a fantastic choice for families, young professionals and retirees looking to purchase a home. The median value of homes in this area is $266,600. Other perks include beautiful parks, cafes, restaurants and shops. Most homes in the area qualify for conventional FHA loans, which have more relaxed requirements than other loan types.
- Bellaire is a great option for luxury homes. Homes in this neighborhood have a median home value of $779,700 and easy access to restaurants, parks and shopping centers as well as excellent public schools. Given the high value of homes in this area, you likely need a jumbo loan to take out a mortgage.
- Sunnyside has a median home value of $110,400 and is located near Houston’s Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, making this neighborhood a prime location for veterans. There are several parks and densely populated areas, so this area comes with a cozy neighborhood feel. Veterans living in the area can apply for $0 down payment VA loans to fund their Sunnyside home purchase.
- Alvin is at the edge of the city limits and has plenty of small-town charm. The median home value in this neighborhood is $178,500, which makes it very affordable. With local small businesses, pastoral farmland and a lower crime rate, this neighborhood is ideal for families and individuals. Some areas around Alvin qualify for USDA loans, so check the addresses of homes you’re interested in to confirm eligibility.
Houston mortgage rates and trends
With plenty of affordable homes, Houston’s housing market is trending towards a buyers’ market. A home mortgage is a good investment for those moving to Houston or looking to purchase a residence in the near future. You can use our mortgage calculator to determine how much house you can afford, but be sure to factor in any debts you may have when evaluating how high a mortgage payment you can afford.
Houston home loan FAQ
- What credit score do you need to get a mortgage in Houston?
- To qualify for most major mortgage loans, you need a credit score of at least 620. Some companies offer home loans for Houston residents with credit scores as low as 500, but these may come with higher interest rates and hefty down payments.
- What is the average mortgage payment in Houston?
- The average monthly mortgage payment in Houston is $1,375.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Houston mortgage company information
Main Street Mortgage Company is a full-service mortgage bank that offers processing, underwriting and funding for new home purchases and home refinancing. The company offers a wide variety of loan products, including options for those who are self-employed or retired. Jumbo and conventional loans are available as well as funding for new construction and lot purchases.
- Address: 3334 Richmond Ave., Ste. 207, Houston, TX 77098
- Phone: (713) 528-1245
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: texasmainstreet.com
Secure Mortgage Company is a local mortgage broker. Its loan options include FHA, VA, conventional, USDA, home equity and first-time homebuyer programs. You can check its online learning center for educational resources. The company also offers secure online applications.
- Address: 2500 W. Loop St., Ste. 250, Houston, TX 77027
- Phone: (713) 355-9955
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: securemortgagecompany.com
Sente Mortgage is a local Texas brokerage that provides mortgage assistance to residential and commercial customers. Its loan products include VA and USDA loans as well as more conventional options. Whether you’re purchasing your first home or refinancing your existing mortgage, Sente Mortgage can help you find the right lender for your needs.
- Address: 9235 Katy Freeway, Ste. 360, Houston, TX 77024
- Phone: (281) 657-0472
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: sentemortgage.com
Hometrust Mortgage is a mortgage bank that handles the full lending process in-house from start to finish. This lender helps with most popular loan products, including FHA, VA, USDA and renovation loans. Hometrust Mortgage funds jumbo and conforming loans, depending on the value of your home. Ask about the company's down payment assistance programs to save on your final closing costs.
- Address: 5353 W. Alabama St., Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77056; Multiple locations
- Phone: (713) 369-4000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: hometrust.mymortgage-online.com
Rock Mortgage is a mortgage lender with an in-house team of loan officers and underwriters that manage your loan through every step of the homebuying or refinancing process. Its mortgage catalog includes a variety of loan products, which means the company has a mortgage that's right for your home whether you’re taking out your home equity or purchasing your first house. You can also pre-qualify with no credit check.
- Address: 14511 Old Katy Road, Ste. 380, Houston, TX 77079
- Phone: (832) 230-3067
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: rockmortgagehouston.com
Noble Mortgage & Investments is a mortgage lender that provides hard money loans for renovations or conventional home loans for homebuyers or refinancers. Get pre-approval in as little as two days. Loan processing takes 10 or more days for hard cash or up to 45 days for conventional lending. Noble Mortgage & Investments finance residential and commercial properties.
- Address: 11111 Katy Freeway, Ste. 425, Houston, TX 77079; Multiple locations
- Phone: (713) 364-0711
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: noblemortgage.com
PrimeLending offers mortgage loans whether you’re purchasing a new home, refinancing your existing loan or renovating a property. The lender handles most loan types, including jumbo, conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans. Visit one of its local branches for more information.
- Address: 16055 Space Center Blvd., Ste. 250, Houston, TX 77062
- Phone: (281) 990-8100
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: primelending.com