Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.86/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services

Portfolio Protection products are designed to make your ownership experience with your vehicle a happy one. By providing vehicle service contracts to cover the high cost of repairs, and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) to help you financially if your vehicle is totaled, or our wide range of other protection products, we help you manage your budget, keep your vehicle the way you want it, and give you peace of mind.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

43 Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Absolutely a wonderful a professional company! I got a flat tire on a Saturday night, I went Sunday as I need brand new tire, Monday Morning I went to the dealership to find out how to get reimbursed. They told me just to call the number on my paperwork. I did that Tuesday Morning, got the paperwork faxed then faxed it back, I was told 7-10 business days I would receive my check for $170. Well it was on the 4th day I received a check $170! Thank ya'll for the fast & easy work. So worth the money I pay for the extended warranty! Ya'll are doing a great job!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been using Portfolio for many years and every time I call Beverly in VSC Administration with a request it gets handled. I can always count on Beverly to handle any request quickly and completely. Even if my request is outside Beverly's department, she works and follows up to make sure it gets handled. Beverly is my "go to" person when I need anything regarding contract tracking, inputting, rating, remitting etc. She is always professional, always polite and always happy to help. Thank you very much Portfolio and thank you very much Beverly!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Bought a Portfolio extended service contract on my son’s Nissan Sentra as a “just in case” because he was going to graduate school a 12 hour drive from our home. Boy am I glad I did. The car had multiple issues (air compressor, transmission). My son was able to get the issues taken care of with relative ease. They even gave him a rental car so he wasn’t stuck without a car while they repaired his car. Thanks, Portfolio.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Just want to share my personal positive experience I had with this company. My car was Total Loss due to accident. Express Gap paid off the difference of interest, depreciation as well as my $1000 Insurance Deductible. I could've end up still owing over $6000 for my Total Loss vehicle. I see no valid reason to buy any car without Gap Insurance.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Best decision I have made for covering my leased car. My dents were fixed as I was in the lease and my lost key was replaced at no cost to me. Definitely recommend this product. Plus it provides 24 hour roadside assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Portfolio Protection Vehicle Protection Products?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

After being denied any service related to a broken transmission, dealing with rude service personnel on the phone, finding out that the implied warranty was way different than what is actually covered in the contract I requested a refund, still waiting after two months for my refund.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Difficult to reach, poor customer service. A waste of money, I'd look for a different company. It doesn't cover most of the things I was told it would. The claims department is useless, doesn't return calls, and is short on follow through. An expensive lesson for me. You would be wise to go with a different company.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My husband got me a 2016 Chevy Cruze in July 2018. He thought he was doing the right thing by purchasing an extended warranty recommended by the dealership. He paid $2000 for the top coverage, road side assistance and theft protection for four years. This was a certified pre-owned vehicle. May 2019 we noticed that the car engine was missing and surging, so we took it to the dealer, who said there was a problem, but we had to take it to a Chevy dealer for warranty work. Made an appointment and took it in on June 7, 2019. Turns out the head gaskets are bad and then the service engine light came on.

Dealership contact warranty company, they ask for service records, which I got, they were emailed to them but for some reason, they didn't receive them. I called in, got customer service who gave me the email address to send them to again. I wait a week, nothing, I call back in and was told they never got them, I said yes you did, I emailed it with a read receipt and you got them and downloaded them. Well he suddenly found them, all nice and good. He is very polite and he says he will send them to the adjustor.

Adjustor waits 2 weeks, calls the dealership, states he will be there on Wednesday and that he is coming from a long way and for us not to be late. Appointment takes 15 minutes, wait another week, contact the dealership and he tells me the warranty company is still deciding. This is a month and a half wasted and I still don't know if they will cover it. I'm so frustrated, how can so many people get taken across and nothing happens to the company? This is a scam company.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Terrible service. Terrible phone skills. Leave on hold for 45 min twice, RV repair company could not get approval for a covered problem. Told required “committee approval“ that takes 48 hrs. And they will not call you back with results. The client has to call back for determination. RV repair shop stated they never have problems like this with other insurance companies.! I get the feeling they’re doing all they can to make filing a claim a real headache and trying to avoid any payouts.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Part 1. This company is living up to its 2 star rating. I wish I had been aware of their reviews on this page. Dealing with them is like is like walking through sand wearing 10 lb shoes made of molasses. Making personal contact is difficult, their reply to the dealership runs at the speed of the pony express. They want to use shoddy OEM parts. How shoddy? The first that was sent by Meridian (Portfolio’s version of Harbor Freight) didn’t work, not a bit of compression out of this compressor. I hope the next one, if and when it arrives, makes it beyond a few months.

They purposely take so long to do things that you are wary of actually trusting them to pay for your rental, which will only be for five days (when Portfolio knows good and well they will draw out this process for at least two weeks. It took days just to get permission to look into my ac problem. Then they drag their feet on parts (which ended up defective). Now rather than letting Nissan use their compressor, we are stuck waiting on Portfolio and Meridian to make the next grueling, begrudging move. My Nissan Pathfinder has now been in for just shy of two weeks. Hope I get her back before the conclusion of summer break. I really miss her banging sound system. Stay tuned for Part 2 of How the World of Portfolio Turns.

Portfolio Protection Vehicles & Services Company Information