4.9/5 (164 ratings)

About Concord Auto Protect

Concord Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts. It has three protection plans: Powertrain, Advanced and Premium. Customers can take their vehicles to a wide selection of dealers or mechanics. The company also offers a money-back guarantee that gives a full refund if customers are unhappy within the first 30 days of coverage.

Pros

• Money-back guarantee
  • Plans are transferable
  • Repair facilities widely available

Cons

• Refunds prorated after first 30 days

Bottom Line

Concord Auto Protect’s three plans help you pick the right level of coverage for your needs. However, bumper-to-bumper coverage isn’t available. Get a free quote online or over the phone.

Top Concord Auto Protect Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had shopped with two other providers, but Concord offered the same coverage at a much more competitive price! I was only looking for basic coverage for four years, but Concord p...

Verified

Steve was patient, helpful and got back to me quickly, he gave me all the information I needed. ... I moved my coverage from another car and he bundled everything together and got...

Concord Auto Protect plans

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. The Premium plan is its most comprehensive extended auto warranty. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, plus additional benefits like rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance. The Advanced plan’s coverage is in between the two. Some Concord Auto Protect plans have no deductible.

Powertrain
Powertrain plans cover the following six items:
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • Brakes
Advanced
Advanced plans cover everything in the Powertrain plan and add coverage for:
  • AWD/4x4 components
  • Steering components
Premium
Premium plans cover everything in the previous two tiers and add coverage for:
  • Heating components
  • AC components
  • Fuel system
  • Anti-lock brake system
  • High-tech electronics
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Front and rear suspension

Concord Auto Protect coverage

Concord Auto Protect only covers repairs made at ASE-certified facilities, but if the repair is authorized, you only have to pay your deductible. All Concord Auto Protect plans also come with the following benefits:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Trip interruption insurance
  • Dead battery service
  • Towing
  • Locksmith service
  • Rental car reimbursement

Plans are generally for three to five years, which is a standard length for an extended auto warranty. One benefit of Concord Auto Protect is that its plans are transferable, so you can sell your vehicle but maintain its coverage under the new owner. Customer service is available 24/7 to answer your questions.

Concord Auto Protect prices

Prices are not listed on Concord Auto Protect’s website, but this is a common practice among extended auto warranty companies. In general, extended auto warranties cost between $350 and $1,000 per year of coverage. If you want an exact price, get a free quote directly from Concord Auto Protect. All you have to do is provide your contact information and some details about your vehicle.

You can also cancel your plan and get a full refund within your first month of service thanks to Concord Auto Protect’s 30-day, money-back guarantee. The only catch is that you can’t have filed any claims during the period.

Concord Auto Protect FAQ

How much does Concord Auto Protect cost?

Concord Auto Protect’s prices depend on your vehicle’s make, model and age as well as the type of coverage you choose. You can obtain a free quote online or over the phone to get pricing specific to your vehicle.

Is Concord Auto Protect legit?

Yes, Concord Auto Protect is a legitimate company. Before deciding on any warranty company, it is important to do some initial research and understand what the company offers and ensure it meets your needs. This includes checking cancellation and refund policies as well as factoring in extended coverage like roadside assistance.

How many warranty plans does Concord Auto Protect offer?

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. Premium is the most comprehensive plan, and Powertrain is the simplest. However, none of these three plans offer full bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Where is Concord Auto Protect available?

Concord Auto Protect is available nationwide, and authorized repair facilities are across the United States and Canada.

Is Concord Auto Protect worth it?

Concord Auto Protect is worth it if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid set of additional benefits. A Concord Auto Protect extended auto warranty can also add value to your vehicle because plans are transferable. Prices aren’t listed on the Concord Auto Protect website, but you can get an accurate estimate by requesting a quote online or over the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concord Auto Protect?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I purchased the car warranty for my Audi through Concord. I felt more comfortable with Concord because of the honesty the customer service had with me and the no pressure sale mentality. Other companies I called kept calling me and pushing me to buy a car warranty. Concord on the other hand gave me a fair amount of time and also reached out to see if I have other questions which turned out great for me. Because I did have a few questions I forgot about and even ended up making my choice right there and then after speaking with them more. I understand every car warranty company has good and bad reviews but to me I went with my gut feeling which turned out to be trusting them.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

My experience with Concord Auto Protect has been great thus far. Now I looked into many car warranty companies and almost all have their positive and negative reviews, as expected. But with Concord I felt more comfortable realizing some people were not being realistic after doing further research. The car warranty plans terms are easy to understand and clear as they can be for myself. I fully understand with my plan what I am covered and not, the customer service agent Michael did an excellent job explaining that. He has always been easy to reach any time and any day for any reason he has been there for me. Out of all the companies I contacted and have tried over the years so far Concord is the best value for the money.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I purchased a warranty plan from Concord Auto Protect about 7-8 months ago and it has paid for its self so far. It was the premium plan which Im happy I went with in the long run. My car's fuel system was having issues to the point the car was no longer able to run properly. I had it towed to the local mechanic shop I have been going to for years and they figured out the issue and gave me an estimate for labor & parts. I had them contact Concord and explain all of this to them as well and Concord approved me right on the spot and gave them a card over the phone without a single issue. The repair was fully paid for and I am back on the road because of Concord. The warranty saved me and I could not be happier with it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

In 2018, my 2016 Chevrolet Suburban's Manufacturers Warranty was nearing its end. I have driven a Suburban since 1991 and have never had any major problems with any of them, and have never traded one in with less than 150,000 miles on it (when I traded my 2009 for my current 2016, it had 275,000 miles). I purchased my first extended warranty from Concord Auto Protection in 2018 and the warranty has saved me enough with "small" issues, that it has covered the original cost of the warranty.

My vehicle now closing in on 100,000 miles, so I contacted CAP today to see what the cost would be to extend the warranty an additional 50,000 and/or 100,000 miles. The CAP agent, MARC SIMS, was very professional and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Marc then offered me a very competitive price to get a new five (5) / 100,000 miles warranty for my 2016 Suburban. I always have my local Chevrolet dealer to service/maintain my vehicle and CAP has never questioned or denied any request the dealer made. The dealer just makes one phone call and get an immediate authorization to service the vehicle. With all the extended car warranty phone calls and television commercials that are out there today, if you are looking for an reliable extended warranty for your vehicle, CAP is an awesome company to deal with and are truly concerned with their customers satisfaction. I HIGHLY recommend Concord Auto Protect.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Elliott, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Marc & look forward to assisting you in the future. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The customer service and patience with Concord was excellent. They have amazing and customizable coverage options at better prices than any other extended warranty provider I could find - especially when dealing with exotic vehicles with extensive upgrade options. Not only were their prices better, the level of coverage offered exceeded other companies I received quotes from.

After selecting my coverage options; my rep Robert also informed me of discounts available to me as a veteran that further lowered my chosen deductible by a significant amount as well as the total cost for the contract. They held the deal for me despite it taking more than a month to take ownership of my vehicle due to unforeseen delays with the dealer and shipping. I couldn't be happier to find a company that provides the level of service coverage for my chosen vehicle, an Audi A8 4.0TT, that I needed, at such an affordable price.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Christopher, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Robert. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

So far it has been a pleasure using Concord and their warranty services for my two cars. They seem like pretty honest and nice people, every time I call I am helped quickly and the agent is always knowledgeable about the warranty. Whatever they say they will do gets done, I never have to chase them for anything. They said they will call me back and they actually did, which is rare with many companies today.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I purchased a car from Enterprise Car Sales dealership in my area recently. When I finished the purchase I was talking with the salesperson and he did mention getting a car warranty plan for my car. I asked for some recommendations so he provided me two which included Concord. I reached out to both companies but Concord sounded like the best value for my money after comparing the two thoroughly. I'm happy with my purchase and I think it will go well in the future if I have any repairs also.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I heard about Concord Auto Protect through a friend of mine recently. I really was sold on it after my friend told me how they covered both claims on their car for a transmission and another part to do with the engine. I know for a fact the peace of mind I have with the policy is worth the money. I have not had a claim yet personally but I feel pretty good about my chances of it going well when it happens.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Been happy with everything Concord has done for me warranty coverage-wise. I had one claim approved and one denied, which in my situation is understandable. I would use them for my next car as well. The value of the plan is there if you read the terms and use the plan right.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I purchased a car warranty plan yesterday after shopping around for a few days. I understood the contract clearly and Concord was simply the best priced warranty company for my needs. My friend also had a plan through Concord and they had a claim which was covered by them.

Concord Auto Protect Company Information