4.9/5 (175 ratings)

About Concord Auto Protect

Concord Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts. It has three protection plans: Powertrain, Advanced and Premium. Customers can take their vehicles to a wide selection of dealers or mechanics. The company also offers a money-back guarantee that gives a full refund if customers are unhappy within the first 30 days of coverage.

Pros

• Money-back guarantee
  • Plans are transferable
  • Repair facilities widely available

Cons

• Refunds prorated after first 30 days

Bottom Line

Concord Auto Protect’s three plans help you pick the right level of coverage for your needs. However, bumper-to-bumper coverage isn’t available. Get a free quote online or over the phone.

Top Concord Auto Protect Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had shopped with two other providers, but Concord offered the same coverage at a much more competitive price! I was only looking for basic coverage for four years, but Concord p...

Verified

Steve was patient, helpful and got back to me quickly, he gave me all the information I needed. ... I moved my coverage from another car and he bundled everything together and got...

Concord Auto Protect plans

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. The Premium plan is its most comprehensive extended auto warranty. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, plus additional benefits like rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance. The Advanced plan’s coverage is in between the two. Some Concord Auto Protect plans have no deductible.

Powertrain
Powertrain plans cover the following six items:
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • Brakes
Advanced
Advanced plans cover everything in the Powertrain plan and add coverage for:
  • AWD/4x4 components
  • Steering components
Premium
Premium plans cover everything in the previous two tiers and add coverage for:
  • Heating components
  • AC components
  • Fuel system
  • Anti-lock brake system
  • High-tech electronics
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Front and rear suspension

Concord Auto Protect coverage

Concord Auto Protect only covers repairs made at ASE-certified facilities, but if the repair is authorized, you only have to pay your deductible. All Concord Auto Protect plans also come with the following benefits:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Trip interruption insurance
  • Dead battery service
  • Towing
  • Locksmith service
  • Rental car reimbursement

Plans are generally for three to five years, which is a standard length for an extended auto warranty. One benefit of Concord Auto Protect is that its plans are transferable, so you can sell your vehicle but maintain its coverage under the new owner. Customer service is available 24/7 to answer your questions.

Concord Auto Protect prices

Prices are not listed on Concord Auto Protect’s website, but this is a common practice among extended auto warranty companies. In general, extended auto warranties cost between $350 and $1,000 per year of coverage. If you want an exact price, get a free quote directly from Concord Auto Protect. All you have to do is provide your contact information and some details about your vehicle.

You can also cancel your plan and get a full refund within your first month of service thanks to Concord Auto Protect’s 30-day, money-back guarantee. The only catch is that you can’t have filed any claims during the period.

Concord Auto Protect FAQ

How much does Concord Auto Protect cost?

Concord Auto Protect’s prices depend on your vehicle’s make, model and age as well as the type of coverage you choose. You can obtain a free quote online or over the phone to get pricing specific to your vehicle.

Is Concord Auto Protect legit?

Yes, Concord Auto Protect is a legitimate company. Before deciding on any warranty company, it is important to do some initial research and understand what the company offers and ensure it meets your needs. This includes checking cancellation and refund policies as well as factoring in extended coverage like roadside assistance.

How many warranty plans does Concord Auto Protect offer?

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. Premium is the most comprehensive plan, and Powertrain is the simplest. However, none of these three plans offer full bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Where is Concord Auto Protect available?

Concord Auto Protect is available nationwide, and authorized repair facilities are across the United States and Canada.

Is Concord Auto Protect worth it?

Concord Auto Protect is worth it if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid set of additional benefits. A Concord Auto Protect extended auto warranty can also add value to your vehicle because plans are transferable. Prices aren’t listed on the Concord Auto Protect website, but you can get an accurate estimate by requesting a quote online or over the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concord Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

In 2018, my 2016 Chevrolet Suburban's Manufacturers Warranty was nearing its end. I have driven a Suburban since 1991 and have never had any major problems with any of them, and have never traded one in with less than 150,000 miles on it (when I traded my 2009 for my current 2016, it had 275,000 miles). I purchased my first extended warranty from Concord Auto Protection in 2018 and the warranty has saved me enough with "small" issues, that it has covered the original cost of the warranty.

My vehicle now closing in on 100,000 miles, so I contacted CAP today to see what the cost would be to extend the warranty an additional 50,000 and/or 100,000 miles. The CAP agent, MARC SIMS, was very professional and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Marc then offered me a very competitive price to get a new five (5) / 100,000 miles warranty for my 2016 Suburban. I always have my local Chevrolet dealer to service/maintain my vehicle and CAP has never questioned or denied any request the dealer made. The dealer just makes one phone call and get an immediate authorization to service the vehicle. With all the extended car warranty phone calls and television commercials that are out there today, if you are looking for an reliable extended warranty for your vehicle, CAP is an awesome company to deal with and are truly concerned with their customers satisfaction. I HIGHLY recommend Concord Auto Protect.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Elliott, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Marc & look forward to assisting you in the future. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The customer service and patience with Concord was excellent. They have amazing and customizable coverage options at better prices than any other extended warranty provider I could find - especially when dealing with exotic vehicles with extensive upgrade options. Not only were their prices better, the level of coverage offered exceeded other companies I received quotes from.

After selecting my coverage options; my rep Robert also informed me of discounts available to me as a veteran that further lowered my chosen deductible by a significant amount as well as the total cost for the contract. They held the deal for me despite it taking more than a month to take ownership of my vehicle due to unforeseen delays with the dealer and shipping. I couldn't be happier to find a company that provides the level of service coverage for my chosen vehicle, an Audi A8 4.0TT, that I needed, at such an affordable price.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Christopher, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Robert. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I purchased a premium car warranty plan from Concord Auto Protect about 7 months ago. So when I purchased the plan the customer service was pretty nice as you would expect and made the process easy, no complaints really. Now the part that actually impressed me was when I had a repair that was needed and it was actually covered by them. I was actually pretty surprised it was covered without any problems which is amazing for me. The repair was not a cheap one by any means but Concord stepped up and took care of it. They earned my recommendation and long term business.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Tom, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us & our service. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: July 28, 2021

My experience was swift and straight to the point. I needed an extended warranty to give me a peace of mind on the road and Concord was one of the few companies I came across and after a few research and online request, I got a callback from Marc who assisted me in signing up. His approach was relax and together with the online ratings, I thought I should give concord a try. I hope to get a good experience out of this as Marc has paved the way to a good start. Thank you.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Edwin, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Marc. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: July 14, 2021

While my car’s issue wasn’t covered under the warranty, the team at Concord was honest with me about the quote I received and the process to follow. And although they couldn’t help with an estimated $3,500 repair, they were able to work with me to have the fees for recalls and diagnostics covered so that I could get a second opinion. I really appreciated this extra step that management took, and I especially appreciate the help I received following that from Donald in Claims and Marc in Sales. Highly recommend the customer service these guys provide, but I do wish their coverage was a little less limited - especially at the highest package.

Concord Auto Protect response

Hey Jay, Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Concord Auto Protect

Original review: June 16, 2022

My BMW needed a decent size repair and I brought it to the mechanic shop for an estimate. They contacted Concord Auto Protect and the repair was approved. The mechanic was able to get the parts and the car fixed promptly because of how quick Concord handled the situation.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I was shopping around for car warranty coverage for my BMW x5 and I contacted Concord to see the plans they offer & prices. They were the only company out of 4 that I called that were NOT pushy and actually took the time to explain everything about the program. Now I went with Concord based on my experience with them so far. Everyone's experience with certain warranty companies might be different. So I really did pick Concord solely based on how Gene ** treated me, the price of the plan and what's covered in the plan.

Original review: June 13, 2022

It's been a pleasure using Concord auto warranty plan. My husband only had one small claim through them so far and it was promptly taken care of. We have no complaints about anything yet. Friendly people always.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I have been using Concord for two years now and never had an issue with anything. I had one repair and it was covered without any problems. Worth the money and staff has been great. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 10, 2022

My Dad and I have Concord auto warranty for 3 and ½ years now. I can say from my personal experience they always pay for the repairs needed on the cars without any hassle or delay. We have been happy with everything.

Concord Auto Protect Company Information