Concord Auto Protect

3.3(1,175)

About Concord Auto Protect

Concord Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts. It has three protection plans: Powertrain, Advanced and Premium. Customers can take their vehicles to a wide selection of dealers or mechanics. The company also offers a money-back guarantee that gives a full refund if customers are unhappy within the first 30 days of coverage.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Money-back guarantee
  • Plans are transferable
  • Repair facilities widely available
Cons
  • Refunds prorated after first 30 days

Featured Reviews

Verified
Fredericksburg, VA

I had shopped with two other providers, but Concord offered the same coverage at a much more competitive price! I was only looking for basic coverage for four years, but Concord p...

Verified
Woodstock, GA

Steve was patient, helpful and got back to me quickly, he gave me all the information I needed. ... I moved my coverage from another car and he bundled everything together and got...

Concord Auto Protect plans

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. The Premium plan is its most comprehensive extended auto warranty. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, plus additional benefits like rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance. The Advanced plan’s coverage is in between the two. Some Concord Auto Protect plans have no deductible.

Powertrain
Powertrain plans cover the following six items:
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • Brakes
Advanced
Advanced plans cover everything in the Powertrain plan and add coverage for:
  • AWD/4x4 components
  • Steering components
Premium
Premium plans cover everything in the previous two tiers and add coverage for:
  • Heating components
  • AC components
  • Fuel system
  • Anti-lock brake system
  • High-tech electronics
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Front and rear suspension

Concord Auto Protect coverage

Concord Auto Protect only covers repairs made at ASE-certified facilities, but if the repair is authorized, you only have to pay your deductible. All Concord Auto Protect plans also come with the following benefits:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Trip interruption insurance
  • Dead battery service
  • Towing
  • Locksmith service
  • Rental car reimbursement

Plans are generally for three to five years, which is a standard length for an extended auto warranty. One benefit of Concord Auto Protect is that its plans are transferable, so you can sell your vehicle but maintain its coverage under the new owner. Customer service is available 24/7 to answer your questions.

Concord Auto Protect prices

Prices are not listed on Concord Auto Protect’s website, but this is a common practice among extended auto warranty companies. In general, extended auto warranties cost between $350 and $1,000 per year of coverage. If you want an exact price, get a free quote directly from Concord Auto Protect. All you have to do is provide your contact information and some details about your vehicle.

You can also cancel your plan and get a full refund within your first month of service thanks to Concord Auto Protect’s 30-day, money-back guarantee. The only catch is that you can’t have filed any claims during the period.

Concord Auto Protect FAQ

How much does Concord Auto Protect cost?

Concord Auto Protect’s prices depend on your vehicle’s make, model and age as well as the type of coverage you choose. You can obtain a free quote online or over the phone to get pricing specific to your vehicle.

Is Concord Auto Protect legit?

Yes, Concord Auto Protect is a legitimate company. Before deciding on any warranty company, it is important to do some initial research and understand what the company offers and ensure it meets your needs. This includes checking cancellation and refund policies as well as factoring in extended coverage like roadside assistance.

How many warranty plans does Concord Auto Protect offer?

Concord Auto Protect offers three plans: Premium, Advanced and Powertrain. Premium is the most comprehensive plan, and Powertrain is the simplest. However, none of these three plans offer full bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Where is Concord Auto Protect available?

Concord Auto Protect is available nationwide, and authorized repair facilities are across the United States and Canada.

Is Concord Auto Protect worth it?

Concord Auto Protect is worth it if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty with a solid set of additional benefits. A Concord Auto Protect extended auto warranty can also add value to your vehicle because plans are transferable. Prices aren’t listed on the Concord Auto Protect website, but you can get an accurate estimate by requesting a quote online or over the phone.

Stars Rating

• 56%
  • 43%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concord Auto Protect?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concord Auto Protect?
    Claims HandlingCoveragePrice

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023

Thankfully I purchased the warranty plan prior to needing repairs on my car. I needed two repairs done on my car this year already which were not small repairs by any means. I think the price of the warranty plan was great and easily worth it because it covered both my repairs. The plan has saved me money and I also like how easy it is to make a claim thru them. I would easily get another plan in the future form them, there was zero issues with anything between them, myself and my mechanic shop I go to.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed July 20, 2023

I stand by Concord Auto Protect and their amazing customer service. Now when I had a repair they were there for me and assisted me with everything. The agent I spoke with was helpful and did everything he could with my situation. On a good note the repair I had done on my Jeep was in fact covered by the warranty plan and even the tow also. This warranty plan really saved me this time around and saved me money on both the tow and repair that was needed. I am happy to say the warranty plan was well worth the investment at the time. I would purchase another warranty for my next car from Concord also.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed July 17, 2023

The quality of the warranty plan from Concord has been great for a few reasons. The main reason Is when I needed to use the plan for a repair a few months back it was covered. Now it was easy to file a claim and go through the process which was surprising to me. The next reason is the customer service agent simply did his job and made sure I was taken care of repair wise and even going out of his way to follow up with me after the repair. It's hard to find a trustworthy company but for me Concord has been it.

Coverage

Reviewed July 13, 2023

With my situation I cannot complain about anything. I have been a customer of Concord for over a year now and this is my second warranty plan through them. With my first warranty plan through them for my old car I had no repairs "thankfully" and only had a lockout situation which was taken care of. Now with second warranty plan on my newer vehicle I had a minor issue with my cars cooling system I noticed on a very hot day recently here. So I reached out to both Concord and the mechanic and it did take a few days for my mechanic to diagnose it. But the labor and parts were covered by the plan. Concord made everything easy as possible for me, which is awesome of them.

Coverage

Reviewed June 29, 2023

I had one repair that was needed which was related to the transmission which gave out randomly. Now I have the premium plan which covered the tow for the car to the mechanic shop I have been going to for years. Once there the mechanic went through and it was in fact the transmission when I heard the news I put Concord and the place in touch which each other. The plan really did save me with a huge bill and Concord had zero issues covering the repairs that were needed to get me back on the road. I was not asked to write a review but I wanted to solely based on how the warranty plan saved me and helped me beyond belief in a situation where it mattered the most.

Claims HandlingCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed June 6, 2024

Scam. Check BBB and Google. They will deny any claim and then they will try to give you a fraction of the cost when you keep complaining. My dealer said the work that was done on my car is covered by all extended warranty companies, they should not deny the claim. This type of reviews is all over the internet. You are warned.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoveragePrice

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Prior to Concord Auto Protect transferring ownership I had good service. Currently I have been calling for two months daily trying to reach a supervisor Michael ** to discuss a claim. They refuse to call back or even email back. Do not use Concord Auto as there is no way to speak with someone if you are having an issue. They are only covering/using/approving the cheapest parts available. Even when it’s a safety issue. You pay a higher premium for your more expensive car, but they won’t cover authentic parts for the car to be fixed. Very upsetting and bad business practice.

Customer ServiceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I do not recommend dealing with this company at all, I would give them a zero but it's not on the scale, they are a bunch of liars , they'll never call you back nor answer emails but if you call to open a new contract you'll be greeted well and can get something done because they want to TAKE your money. I canceled a policy back in March 2024 because I traded the vehicle in. I was told that I would receive my refund within 30 days but didn't so I called and was told that I would receive it by Zelle within 5 days. That didn't happen. This is a ripoff shady business and they should lose their license to operate. I WOULD NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS SO CALLED COMPANY.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceClaims Handling

Reviewed May 12, 2024

A claim was filled and it took over a month before small portion of claim processed. Very limited communication. I was told to submit my rental car receipt and it’s been a month since it was submitted for reimbursement. On April 28 I wrote an email to cancel my policy, I also sent a letter that was returned undeliverable (the address used is same on my contract). I have sold my car, the new owners do not want the extended warranty. Thursday May 9, I left voice mail messages for Gene **, Michael **. I asked to have my call returned asap. No one called me back. I want my $250 rental car coverage payment sent to me and the refund of the policy ending effective April 28. You have a very unhappy customer, my next step is contacting Secretary of State and the Insurance Commissioner for the Commonwealth of PA .

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Before choosing Concord Auto Protect, I suggest you check with the BBB of PA. I am adding my comments to both Concord Auto Protect and the BBB. My experience in the past has been good with my Premium Plan, I had a claim in June of 21 that was settled by Concord at 75% of my actual cost. I was pleased with the service and turnaround. I renewed my Premium Service Plan in July of 2023, paying all in advance. In addition I encouraged my Daughter to sign up as well. Well, around the 1st of April of 24 I lost my AC Compressor and Condenser and took my car into an auto repair shop. I provided all the information for Concord Auto Protect. The repair shop contacted Concord and provided a detail list of parts and labor being charged to me. What should have been a quick turnaround has turned into a nightmare.

My current claim has been handled poorly as evidenced by the many calls and one-sided email communications I have sent to provide and request information. The claim reimbursement had been approved on April 5 for about 33% of the actual cost I had to pay. As of May 6, 2024, I have not received a check nor any replies to my inquiries. BBB says Concord Auto Protect has been experiencing a backup of pending cancellations and refunds and are working through such delays. I hope they resolve their problems and respond to my claim quickly. Until then, I can't give any other recommendation than NO. There is a mention that Concord has changed their name and move to NY. You might want to research further before making a decision on Concord Auto Protect.

Concord Auto Protect Company Information