3.30/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
  • High-mileage cars options
  • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
  • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

12/27/2018

The guy who sold me the car said GWC Warranty was the best. GWC treated me well and whatever was covered, they took care of it. I would use them again.

02/08/2019

I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Technology package
  • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

233 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had the regular warranty when I first bought my truck. The warranty puts me at ease to where if something major happens, I don’t have to come up with thousands to fix anything. When I went to have my service done on my vehicle, I asked the people there about warranties. They told me about GWC, and that’s when I purchased their warranty the first time. When the regular warranty ran out, I just kept buying the extended warranty. I just renewed my warranty with them and this time, somebody called me and I got a letter saying that my warranty was about to run out, so I called and ordered it again.

Wear and tear of the vehicle is my problem, but with GWC, I know my truck would be fixed if something happens. My vehicle has only been to the dealership for them to work on it, and I don’t take it to just anybody. I stay with one person so I know who’s working on my vehicle. If anything happens, I know one person that has done the job. If there are any repairs that need to be done on my vehicle, I take it to where I bought it. A couple of times my claim had something to do with the air conditioning. When I turned it on, it made a humming noise, so they fixed that. I take the truck to the dealership and if they find anything, they call it in and tell me that the warranty covers it.

The GWC warranty is really expensive. The first time I purchased a warranty, it was $2,500. This one was almost $5,000 and I put $500 down. I was gonna see if I could make the payments cheaper if I put more money down, but it would only be cheaper by $15 or $20 so it's not worth putting another $500 for that. Nonetheless, Steph the sales rep has been really helpful and courteous. I'd be at work and I’d ask him if he could call me back at this time, and by the time I got home, he was calling me back at the right time.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

GWC honored some repair work I had done on my BMW. I had an issue where the backup camera wasn’t working and I took it down to Wyoming Valley Motors in Wilkes-Barre. But then I got a call from the service department and they said GWC wouldn't cover the backup camera. It wasn’t part of the warranty. So I went off the rails. I fought with these guys for two days and it was a lot of aggravation. It got pretty nasty and intense. I actually drove down to Wilkes-Barre and talked to the finance manager. I had paid $5,000 for this and they sold me this warranty. I told him that they had to get it straightened out because I was not paying for it and I wanted it done right then.

Normally, I trade vehicles every three years but this is like a 640. It’s a lot of money. So I decided at the end of the lease to keep it. But I was over the mileage so I couldn't get the CPO from BMW and the finance manager there told me that this warranty was actually probably better than the BMW CPO. I told him to look me right in the face and tell me that, and I would take him at his word. So I ended up buying the GWC warranty. I’m pretty much sold on the pretense that I bought the best warranty I could. But in the situation that I had with Wyoming Valley Motors, they said no. I guess there is a level 1 warranty and I, more or less, got the level 2. But I told them I didn't care about the navigation system. I was more concerned about the drivetrain.

For that issue, I had a real bad experience to start with but at the end of the day, GWC took care of it. I don’t know whether Wyoming Valley Motors fought with GWC and GWC caved. But at the end of the day, I’m just happy that GWC covered it and that Wyoming Valley Motors got it covered. Somebody else, who had experience with it, told me that a lot of times, it depends on how much hold the dealer has with the warranty company. The bigger the dealer and the more business I do with them, the more GWC would be inclined to cover something. When I had some issues down here in Ferman BMW in Tampa, Florida, GWC covered everything. I don’t know whether there was an issue with the dealers and GWC covered this at Ferman because they do more business with Ferman than Wyoming Valley Motors. But it's nice to get what you paid for.

In summary, I’ve had two issues with GWC Warranty and one started off unpleasant but it ended up good, and the second one was fantastic. So I’ve had a good experience with GWC and I appreciate it. I would also certainly recommend it. So far, they’ve done everything they said they were gonna do. If I had to go through this situation again, I would certainly buy the extended warranty from GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Jack, thank you for the review and recommendation. We live up to our promises and believe in serving our customers best-in-class service and coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The dealership that suggested GWC seemed trustworthy, and they also didn't upcharge it a lot like a lot of other people do. They showed me what they pay for it, and what they were selling it to me for. My claims experience with GWC was smooth. The dealership where I took my car called, and they checked. But they were kind of a new dealership. And so, it took them a little bit of time to figure it out and to get it. They wouldn't release the car until it was paid. But I was under the impression that that warranty would work, and that they would work it out at some point. But I didn't know how quickly it could or couldn't work.

It was at Honda Weatherford in Texas. And they didn't get me a loaner car, but they only had the car one day. They fixed the power steering pump because it was really weak. They calculated that it was bad and then, they called GWC and explained it and then they got approval for it. GWC ordered the part from another dealership in Fort Worth and got it later that afternoon and was working on getting it finished. I was impressed they were able do all that.

Having a warranty is valuable considering I've had cars my whole life, and they've always broken down somewhere. I've had good experience with GWC, so far. And the car that I bought was in a good shape when I got it, but it ended up needing a few things. And I should have called, but I wasn't sure it needed a timing belt, and it hadn't been changed. And so, I had the fella change it before I took it over to get the power steering pump because it's sort of warrantied but only if it breaks. But if it breaks, the engine gets ruined. I know they don't cover preventive maintenance but it seemed like it would cost a lot more to the warranty company if it broke and it ruined the engine than if they were to fix it in the first place.

GWC Warranty response

Thomas, thank you for the review! You're right. Vehicles do break at certain points throughout their life cycle and it's safer to have a vehicle service contract in place to help with those repairs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The warranty came in handy. It came with the vehicle when I bought it and since I've had the car, everything has been replaced under my hood. The car is almost new. I'm gone a lot so my car sits a lot and about a couple of weeks ago, it had a new transmission, a control arm, a new radiator, a new thermostat and a new power steering pump put in. I've been fortunate to have GWC because that would have been a lot of money. I don't know how much my next warranty will cost me but they told me that they’re going to remind me by extending the warranty the second time. I would recommend them as well.

The only issue I have is with the people that I had to go to to get my car fixed. There's always something, even right now. Tomorrow, I have to take the car to the Chrysler dealership because I've had issues with it. But I just got my car last Wednesday night when I had to get a transmission. But then, I had also just picked it up on November when they had to put another motor in it. The only holdup is the third party too. As far as GWC themselves, I've had no problem with them. They're easy and real friendly to work with. They jump on top of everything. They told me to take the car back to the dealership, to make them fix what I paid them for. The gentleman I spoke with said he had also already pulled up the warranty. He said that if the car shuts off, it's something to do with the fuel tank. And every time I start it up, it does shut off. But he said GWC covered it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When I bought my car, the dealer told me they have an extra warranty for it. I asked how much it was so they told me and I said that I would take it because I have another car and it was the same model but different year. The purchasing experience was good. When the dealer explained the coverage, he just told me they provide that and if I have any problems, I can call GWC and tell them. They cover parts that they need to fix. The first time I had an issue was with the alternator and I filed a claim with them. I brought the car to shop and told the people there that I have insurance. I gave the information to them and they called the insurance. GWC's customer service was good. If there's a problem, there's a claim number and they send somebody to check and inspect the car.

The insurance people came, inspect and said that they will pay for it. They replaced that, but six months later, I got the same problem. I went back to the mechanic and asked them what was going on. I was told that they replaced the alternator. However, I asked the mechanic why do I have to replace it only six months later. He then told me that it was because the alternator I had is not a good one, just one of the cheaper ones.

I called the warranty people and said that I'm not happy because I checked how much they pay for the alternator. I then paid $100 for my deductible though the part is $200 only. The car is a Mercedes so it has to be replaced with a recent part. I told them that I don't want now a cheap part, I want a good one. Finally, they put something better and it took them a day to get my car back on the road.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Javier. We're sorry you had trouble with your alternator, but we hope you can now enjoy your Mercedes for many miles to come!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

A warranty came with the car. When the warranty was about to expire I received a call from GWC. They ask if I wanted to extend the policy. I knew the Xterra had a known problem with the air conditioner so I asked the sales person if the air conditioner would be covered under this policy. I was told yes, it was covered. When I received the policy in the mail I noticed that there was a higher level of coverage available that covered sensors for an extra price. I called the company to find out if I could upgrade my policy and I was told no, I did ask again about the air conditioner because I was concerned, again I was told that the air conditioner was covered.

In August 2019 the air conditioning went out due to the known problem of the actuator door. I take it to the approved auto mechanic and was told the actuator door is not covered. So $1000.00 later I pay for my AC to be fixed. If you are foolish enough to buy a warranty through GWC make sure you ask about every nut and bolt or they will loophole you out of paying for your repair. If they say the ac is covered without qualifying the parts that are and are not covered, they should pay for all parts.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

We bought a vehicle a few weeks ago. Dealer sold us this warranty. Our transmission went out last week. Our vehicle is still in shop untouched. Claims keeps asking for service receipts which we serviced oil change not transmission because it's only been with us a few week which they know. It's a used vehicle. I only paid the first payment. And this happened. This is really hurting us. Nothing has been done. Car still not repaired. Feeling scammed.

GWC Warranty response

Zeyad, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I am escalating your claim with one of our managers to see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll be sure to reach out to you via private messenger.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I wasn’t too comfortable with the lot I was buying the vehicle from and the dealer spoke good about GWC but when I purchased the service contract, he didn’t do a good job explaining things. He was just trying to get a sale and I had to read for myself. When my transmission went out right after I bought the van, the reps took care of me well. They’ve been helpful and informative. It hasn’t been a headache and I'm up and going. It took 3 days to complete the repair and the quality was good.

GWC Warranty response

Donyale, thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear about your transmission but am happy to hear we were able to help get you back on the road quickly! If you have any more questions regarding your contract including what's covered and not covered, please call us. One of our many claims specialists would be happy to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Once I've seen GWC, I didn't really do much research. I liked what I saw and I actually have two GWC Warranty policies. I have one on my van, and I put one on my wife's van as well. I like the coverage that GWC provides. It's worth it. I got another year off to mine, but I would renew if I had to 'cause it gives me peace of mind. GWC is very thorough. My mother-in-law went out and got one 'cause she's seen that mine works out. My transmission went about a month or two ago. I took it to the shop and they handled most of it for me. It was like about a week and a half total by the time that I had it again. Faster would be better, but they had to literally take the engine out. They took the transmission also. Then, they put it all back in together again so it was a big job.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Joseph! We are happy to see you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I went to the Chrysler dealer and GWC was what they had. Purchasing the contract wasn't too bad, and the benefits and the claims process were all explained. They gave me the plan that I can afford. I already filed a claim, and the process was fine. They helped me with my transmission.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Judy! We are happy to help get you back on the road.

GWC Warranty Company Information