Avoca, PA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage cars options
    • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

There are poor warranty companies out there, but GWC is not one of them. ... . I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
      • Technology package
      • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were buying a used vehicle and the warranty was a big up for my son. The dealership recommended it, so we just went ahead with it and I’m so glad we did. I would not recommend that dealer to anybody ever again. Absolutely, hands down awful. Their rep barely explained the coverage. He made it seem like GWC would cover everything including the oil changes. I’ve had several vehicles in my lifetime and not one of them has ever covered an oil change.

He didn’t spend the time to detail the three service tiers that they offer and how each tier actually differs from the last. And there really is no difference. You go to the next tier and they’re adding additional items to cover. The only reason I know it like that is because I then did my research and I called GWC directly so I could ask them because it was just sell for the dealership, and that’s their job -- to sell and move the cars off the lot. I thought the car wasn’t that old. You never know how the previous owner treated it. And because this was my son’s newer vehicle, it made sense that he had that extra protection.

Within three months of getting the car, we had our first claim. It was awful dealing with the dealership because we brought it back to the place where we purchased the vehicle, and they did not diagnose it as a water pump. Initially, they diagnosed it as the water pump but did not change it. They changed something else and charged GWC for the water pump.

On the other hand, GWC was fabulous. When I was doing my research and asking questions, I said, “Act like I’m fresh out of the womb and don’t know nothing” and the guy said, “First of all, if you’re talking out of the womb, we need to have a discussion.” He was fabulous. So far, each time I called GWC, I’ve had good experiences and they’ve even given me advice that I didn’t even think of that I should have called them for. I would recommend GWC based on our experience in the last year and a half. My son got his car in November of 2018, then November 2019 we had another issue start and GWC has been fabulous. I would recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Shelly!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The shop I bought the car from recommended GWC and advised to get it. I contacted GWC and they answered my questions right away. It came in handy earlier this year because I had an oil leak problem and my air conditioning was not blowing cool air. The mechanic shop submitted the claim and they just let me know what came next. It worked pretty well but it took a little bit longer than I expected.

Then, today, I just dropped off my car because I'm having some issues and I would hope that they go fast because this is the only car I have right now. The mechanic is gonna check it out for the symptoms that I gave them. Once they determine what the issue is, they said they’re gonna call GWC and have their guy come out, take a look at it, and then make sure it’s covered under my warranty. Also, I saw on my warranty that they offer up to one week of a car rental so I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of that. Hopefully, they do right by me on that and I’ll go from there. But overall, my overall experience has been very well.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Juan!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When you buy a used vehicle, you cannot say for certain that the car is in good condition so getting a warranty was a way of reassuring myself that if anything happens, at least I would have something to fall back on. The GWC Warranty reps were all nice, whether I’m speaking to a lady or a guy. They were all professional. I'm very satisfied with the package. However, the claim process was a bit daunting. It took a lengthy time to give the dealer the go ahead to fix the car.

When I called it in, my understanding was they approved it, and then when I relocated the vehicle from New Jersey to Maryland, they said that they were gonna send a technician to come and look at it. The technician looked at it and said they need to tear down the car. From then on, they needed to look at the rear panel. Then, they said they wanna do something else, and then they said they wanna do something else. It took almost two to three weeks for the warranty company to be satisfied as to whatever they were looking for. Other than the process, I was satisfied with everything that took place. The process just took too long.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Henry, sorry you did not have a great experience, and thanks for the feedback. Please send me your contract number or VIN and we can have a peek at the claim notes to see what went wrong.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I was offered a GWC warranty when I bought my vehicle, and it sounded like it was a good idea to have an extended warranty just in case. The dealer that sold it was really professional and they were there any time I had any question or anything went wrong with the vehicle. They told me where I needed to take it. And as far as submitting a claim, it has been easy on my part. I took the vehicle into the service center where I bought it from, and the lady there took care of the rest, other than when GWC called me. But the process took longer than I thought it would. It still has an issue with the motor they got the first time, so they had my truck for a little over two months.

The labor part for bringing the motor in took a few days but they were waiting on GWC to call back and authorize what she was submitting. Other than that, GWC is a really good service. It helped me a lot and saved me a lot of money, rather than me having to buy a whole brand-new motor. It would be nice though if they covered the liquids and filters other than just the main components.

GWC Warranty response

Aaron, thank you for the review. We strive to provide our customers with best-in-class service are happy to see you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: July 23, 2019

When I bought my BMW four years ago, I asked the dealer for an extended warranty and he said that GWC Warranty was one of the best I could buy so I went with his recommendation. He explained everything to me and he sent a copy of the contract to me before we purchase so I could look it over and see if this is what I was looking for.

The claim process could have been improved. I just recently had an experience where I had to have some front end work done which, for the most part, was covered under the warranty. I had the dealer call GWC and explain to them what was wrong, and they verified it, and they sent a guy out to inspect it and make sure what they were saying was correct. Once he approved it, which took a couple of days, then GWC authorized the repairs. The only thing I did not like was that GWC did not pay for the small parts like nuts and bolts and I thought that was pretty petty for what I paid for the warranty but it’s not something that would cause me not to renew a contract with them. It took ten days to complete the repair because they had to order parts from overseas. Overall, I’m happy with GWC. In fact, I’m intending to get ahold of them when this warranty expires to see about extending it later on after October.

GWC Warranty response

Milton, thank you for sharing your story. We are happy to provide you a No Worries, Just Drive experience and appreciate the feedback on our claims process. Every day, we are striving to provide best-in-class customer service and with your input, can help achieve that goal.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought a car from a small car dealership less than a month ago. 3 weeks into it I’m having issues because the car starts jerking when I drive it so I take it into one of GWC’s shops. The shop told me I would need to have my transmission rebuilt/replaced among other issues. So GWC sends a person to inspect and review the claim. This person reported back that because my transmission fluid was too low, GWC would be unable to cover my transmission repair. They said I should’ve had it checked at a shop beforehand. This such BS!

It’s been less than a month since I got the car, how am I supposed to verify that the transmission fluid is low before purchasing it?! All I’ve had are bad experiences with this company. Most people aren’t gonna check their transmission fluid or be able to before making a purchase. It’s an elaborate way for them to avoid paying the big bucks to cover a transmission repair. Save yourself the money and just keep an emergency fund for repairs instead!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Less than 6 months ago I bought a used car from Coast Auto in Bay Pines, Florida. With this vehicle I purchased the GWC warranty. First let me say that the car lot scammed me because in less than 6 months with a car that I only use as a disabled veteran driving my disabled mom to doctors appts and to the grocery store, it already needed $1500 worth of work done to it. So I take it to the mechanic feeling good that I paid extra for a warranty. Little did I know that it was a complete waste of money and a complete scam. The car needed the camshaft sensor fixed because it kept shutting off in the middle of traffic, the transmission started missing and was found to have leaks, the U joints were bad, the front brakes were 90% gone, and the back rotors were 50% gone...all of this within 6 months driving it no more than 3x a month.

Here's where the shocker comes in, GWC would only cover the U joints. That's it! $300 out of $1500 worth of work. I say again, what was the purpose of paying extra for a warranty that is such garbage and covers practically nothing. Don't be scammed by this company the way I was. Save your money. You'll need it to pay to have your car fixed because GWC warranty sure won't cover it for you.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This company is pretty cut dry on what they cover and whatnot. I had to pay 700 dollars for a coolant temperature sensor that wasn’t covered in my warranty in which that’s understandable but they covered my thermostat that was right beside the sensor that had went bad so I called to see if I could get some help with the labor bill since it all was in the same area just out of courtesy and got immediately told no! Waste of a 2,500 dollar warranty in my opinion. They are really picky on what they want to cover or whatnot.

GWC Warranty response

Hi, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 17, 2020

The claim submission was easy. They had to replace the motor, so they had a lot of testing and stuff they wanted to do. So my claim did take a little longer than I would’ve wanted to but it was fine afterwards.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Ryan, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: March 15, 2020

We bought the GWC warranty in 2017. The people we bought the car from recommended it. The auto warranty is great but dealing over the phone with people was really horrible. It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix our car. We had a problem recently where we had to take the car in at the service center that we had it at. They tried to call on our behalf and were treated rather poorly on the phone. Then we tried to call and figure out what we could do to help, and it was like we’d call one day and GWC would call the next day but would know nothing about it. This went on for about a week until we finally got somebody a little higher up or a manager who finally spoke with my husband and straightened it out.

We were getting all these warnings and when the service center put the car on the computer, it ended up with the turbo having to be replaced. GWC wanted it taken apart to the turbo before they would say they’d pay for it, which was was gonna be on our lap to pay for the seven hours of labor to do it if they didn’t cover it. And the way that the service center had to take the car apart so that they could show GWC the video of it caused other problems. The oil line got crimped and a couple of other problems arose because of that. This claim took 28 days. GWC covered most of it but wouldn’t pay for the labor at the place we had because labor was higher than what they would cover. We had to pay the difference, about 800 bucks.

GWC Warranty response

Krista, we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, GWC

GWC Warranty author review by Lauren Fix

GWC Warranty provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. The company’s vehicle service contracts are transferable but are only available at select dealerships.

• Cost: GWC Warranty doesn’t have prices listed on its website. The average extended auto warranty costs between $350 and $1,000 a year. Use this as a benchmark when considering any quote from GWC Warranty.

• Plans: GWC Warranty has four plans: Powertrain Plus services, Essential services, Comprehensive services and Exclusionary services. Plans are available for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them.

• Benefits: Most GWC Warranty plans include towing reimbursements. All plans are transferable. GWC Warranty’s “No Worries, Just Drive” package has a zero-deductible policy and no transfer fees. Other benefits include improved travel and rental car reimbursements, free windshield repair and a $25 gas card.

• Standout feature: GWC Warranty’s plans have no waiting period, so coverage begins immediately upon purchase. This is a rare policy in the industry.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information