3.07/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
  • High-mileage cars options
  • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
  • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

12/27/2018

The guy who sold me the car said GWC Warranty was the best. GWC treated me well and whatever was covered, they took care of it. I would use them again.

02/08/2019

I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Technology package
  • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had the regular warranty when I first bought my truck. The warranty puts me at ease to where if something major happens, I don’t have to come up with thousands to fix anything. When I went to have my service done on my vehicle, I asked the people there about warranties. They told me about GWC, and that’s when I purchased their warranty the first time. When the regular warranty ran out, I just kept buying the extended warranty. I just renewed my warranty with them and this time, somebody called me and I got a letter saying that my warranty was about to run out, so I called and ordered it again.

Wear and tear of the vehicle is my problem, but with GWC, I know my truck would be fixed if something happens. My vehicle has only been to the dealership for them to work on it, and I don’t take it to just anybody. I stay with one person so I know who’s working on my vehicle. If anything happens, I know one person that has done the job. If there are any repairs that need to be done on my vehicle, I take it to where I bought it. A couple of times my claim had something to do with the air conditioning. When I turned it on, it made a humming noise, so they fixed that. I take the truck to the dealership and if they find anything, they call it in and tell me that the warranty covers it.

The GWC warranty is really expensive. The first time I purchased a warranty, it was $2,500. This one was almost $5,000 and I put $500 down. I was gonna see if I could make the payments cheaper if I put more money down, but it would only be cheaper by $15 or $20 so it's not worth putting another $500 for that. Nonetheless, Steph the sales rep has been really helpful and courteous. I'd be at work and I’d ask him if he could call me back at this time, and by the time I got home, he was calling me back at the right time.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

GWC honored some repair work I had done on my BMW. I had an issue where the backup camera wasn’t working and I took it down to Wyoming Valley Motors in Wilkes-Barre. But then I got a call from the service department and they said GWC wouldn't cover the backup camera. It wasn’t part of the warranty. So I went off the rails. I fought with these guys for two days and it was a lot of aggravation. It got pretty nasty and intense. I actually drove down to Wilkes-Barre and talked to the finance manager. I had paid $5,000 for this and they sold me this warranty. I told him that they had to get it straightened out because I was not paying for it and I wanted it done right then.

Normally, I trade vehicles every three years but this is like a 640. It’s a lot of money. So I decided at the end of the lease to keep it. But I was over the mileage so I couldn't get the CPO from BMW and the finance manager there told me that this warranty was actually probably better than the BMW CPO. I told him to look me right in the face and tell me that, and I would take him at his word. So I ended up buying the GWC warranty. I’m pretty much sold on the pretense that I bought the best warranty I could. But in the situation that I had with Wyoming Valley Motors, they said no. I guess there is a level 1 warranty and I, more or less, got the level 2. But I told them I didn't care about the navigation system. I was more concerned about the drivetrain.

For that issue, I had a real bad experience to start with but at the end of the day, GWC took care of it. I don’t know whether Wyoming Valley Motors fought with GWC and GWC caved. But at the end of the day, I’m just happy that GWC covered it and that Wyoming Valley Motors got it covered. Somebody else, who had experience with it, told me that a lot of times, it depends on how much hold the dealer has with the warranty company. The bigger the dealer and the more business I do with them, the more GWC would be inclined to cover something. When I had some issues down here in Ferman BMW in Tampa, Florida, GWC covered everything. I don’t know whether there was an issue with the dealers and GWC covered this at Ferman because they do more business with Ferman than Wyoming Valley Motors. But it's nice to get what you paid for.

In summary, I’ve had two issues with GWC Warranty and one started off unpleasant but it ended up good, and the second one was fantastic. So I’ve had a good experience with GWC and I appreciate it. I would also certainly recommend it. So far, they’ve done everything they said they were gonna do. If I had to go through this situation again, I would certainly buy the extended warranty from GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Jack, thank you for the review and recommendation. We live up to our promises and believe in serving our customers best-in-class service and coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The dealership that suggested GWC seemed trustworthy, and they also didn't upcharge it a lot like a lot of other people do. They showed me what they pay for it, and what they were selling it to me for. My claims experience with GWC was smooth. The dealership where I took my car called, and they checked. But they were kind of a new dealership. And so, it took them a little bit of time to figure it out and to get it. They wouldn't release the car until it was paid. But I was under the impression that that warranty would work, and that they would work it out at some point. But I didn't know how quickly it could or couldn't work.

It was at Honda Weatherford in Texas. And they didn't get me a loaner car, but they only had the car one day. They fixed the power steering pump because it was really weak. They calculated that it was bad and then, they called GWC and explained it and then they got approval for it. GWC ordered the part from another dealership in Fort Worth and got it later that afternoon and was working on getting it finished. I was impressed they were able do all that.

Having a warranty is valuable considering I've had cars my whole life, and they've always broken down somewhere. I've had good experience with GWC, so far. And the car that I bought was in a good shape when I got it, but it ended up needing a few things. And I should have called, but I wasn't sure it needed a timing belt, and it hadn't been changed. And so, I had the fella change it before I took it over to get the power steering pump because it's sort of warrantied but only if it breaks. But if it breaks, the engine gets ruined. I know they don't cover preventive maintenance but it seemed like it would cost a lot more to the warranty company if it broke and it ruined the engine than if they were to fix it in the first place.

GWC Warranty response

Thomas, thank you for the review! You're right. Vehicles do break at certain points throughout their life cycle and it's safer to have a vehicle service contract in place to help with those repairs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The warranty came in handy. It came with the vehicle when I bought it and since I've had the car, everything has been replaced under my hood. The car is almost new. I'm gone a lot so my car sits a lot and about a couple of weeks ago, it had a new transmission, a control arm, a new radiator, a new thermostat and a new power steering pump put in. I've been fortunate to have GWC because that would have been a lot of money. I don't know how much my next warranty will cost me but they told me that they’re going to remind me by extending the warranty the second time. I would recommend them as well.

The only issue I have is with the people that I had to go to to get my car fixed. There's always something, even right now. Tomorrow, I have to take the car to the Chrysler dealership because I've had issues with it. But I just got my car last Wednesday night when I had to get a transmission. But then, I had also just picked it up on November when they had to put another motor in it. The only holdup is the third party too. As far as GWC themselves, I've had no problem with them. They're easy and real friendly to work with. They jump on top of everything. They told me to take the car back to the dealership, to make them fix what I paid them for. The gentleman I spoke with said he had also already pulled up the warranty. He said that if the car shuts off, it's something to do with the fuel tank. And every time I start it up, it does shut off. But he said GWC covered it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought a used car from the dealer in Holly Park, New Jersey through GWC Warranty. I picked out the vehicle and the rep walked through the step-by-step procedure. He also checked out all my ratings. There were some small issues with the vehicle when I got it and he was going to take care of it for me. There was a two-year warranty left on the vehicle and I've used that. He explained that the warranty that I have left is a very limited warranty and it doesn't cover anything with the powertrain at all. When I got the GWC paperwork, they offered a contract but I wanted to know how it covered. It was $1,500 but I didn’t understand the process itself. I've only used it one time at the dealership and they did their job. There weren’t any problems with it. There are some issues with the brakes but when I bought the vehicle, I noticed that and so, he said that the brakes wouldn't be covered at the Nissan dealership. I would have to go back and see.

I've only been with GWC for a while but they seem to be very pleasant. They offered an extended warranty contract to me and I'm gonna get in touch because I need to look at that. It's a 2009 vehicle and I'm sure its usage is gonna have its problem. I would highly recommend them. I've gone online and I saw quite a few complaints but I also saw a lot of good reviews. So, you have to really feel it out for yourself. So far, they've been courteous to me and I don't have any complaints.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Joseph! It was our pleasure to help with your repair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Using this warranty to get my car fixed has been terrible. The dealer asked me if I wanted this warranty. I see that they pay for a lot of good stuff but they don’t pay for towing. They don’t pay for diagnostics and the contract said they pay for “starter” but somehow I'm still paying for a lot of the starter. The customer service for this company is just not like PMC. PMC had everything paid for and they even made their own tow truck arrangements for me. I only had to make one call. With GWC I was constantly on the phone!

GWC Warranty response

Hi Emmanuel, sorry you are having a bad experience. Please send me your VIN number or Contract number so we can look at your claim. Best, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I know with this vehicle, if it needs any work done, it is expensive. I’ve used GWC in the past and that why's I decided to work with them this time. The enrollment process is very simple and everything went fine. But so far, I have filed two claims with them and certain parts of it weren't easy. My vehicle wound up needing a lot of expensive work done and GWC was turning down things that I knew were covered. They were trying to tell me it wasn’t covered when it was right on the policy. I had to go back and forth with them until they finally determined that I was correct and that it should be covered. After that, they got everything approved fairly quickly.

But here’s the problem. Every claim that you put in goes against how much they will pay out against the value of your vehicle. So if you bought a vehicle at $13,000 and you’re doing warranty claims for three years, your vehicle is going down in price every year. If they put out $7,000 for the claims, your vehicle is only worth $9,000 in two years. You only have $2,000 left that you can put under their warranty and nobody said that.

When you’re buying their policy, you would think whatever goes wrong in three years that’s on the coverage list gets covered. But that’s not true. I still have two and a half years of that warranty left but very little left to spend, coverage-wise. If I would’ve known that ahead of time, I would’ve thought differently about it. In fact, I’ll guarantee nobody knows it because it’s in fine print hidden down in all the paragraphs of legal stuff. It was something that was easy to overlook and I’m in the car business but I didn’t know it was on there. So I started reading through my policy and I found it but it’s not right. It’s not just GWC too. There are other warranty companies and it's not right what they are doing to people who do not know about it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I missed 1 oil change when I first bought my car in March 2017. Due to lack of Maintenance Records IE Oil Changes, they denied the claim. This is not my fault as I had the oil changed 3 times after that first missed 1. I even called and had them confirm that as long as this wasnt DUE to the lack of maintenance, and the part was a covered component, they would cover the claim. So I had the Tear Down of the engine done at my expense of $1200. Timing Chain Tensioner failed, which is a very common problem with this engine. This lack of maintenance records to deny my claim is a cop out and sad. I thought an issue I had no control over would be covered, but even then, they found a way to deny the claim.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Grant, please sent me your contract number of last 6 of VIN so we can review the claim.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When you buy a used vehicle, you cannot say for certain that the car is in good condition so getting a warranty was a way of reassuring myself that if anything happens, at least I would have something to fall back on. The GWC Warranty reps were all nice, whether I’m speaking to a lady or a guy. They were all professional. I'm very satisfied with the package. However, the claim process was a bit daunting. It took a lengthy time to give the dealer the go ahead to fix the car.

When I called it in, my understanding was they approved it, and then when I relocated the vehicle from New Jersey to Maryland, they said that they were gonna send a technician to come and look at it. The technician looked at it and said they need to tear down the car. From then on, they needed to look at the rear panel. Then, they said they wanna do something else, and then they said they wanna do something else. It took almost two to three weeks for the warranty company to be satisfied as to whatever they were looking for. Other than the process, I was satisfied with everything that took place. The process just took too long.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Henry, sorry you did not have a great experience, and thanks for the feedback. Please send me your contract number or VIN and we can have a peek at the claim notes to see what went wrong.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

When I purchased my vehicle, GWC Warranty was the company that was there. They showed us the offers and it sounded like a good deal. The rep initially told us the ups and downs of having and not having it and let me know when you’re making a purchase like it for that type of vehicle, you definitely would want a sure top quality for it.

When I filed a claim, at first I was nervous because I didn't know what was wrong with my car. It just stopped running. The first thing I did was panic because it was just something you will not know. And then I said, “We can call up or check the warranty company to see if this is something they'd cover,” because I had no idea. It was my first time doing stuff like that. Once I got to the dealership, they told me they would call up the warranty people and handle everything, and they did. They had to fix my truck for two weeks. I was 100% satisfied.

GWC Warranty response

Perfect! Thanks for the review Michael.

GWC Warranty Company Information