It's that easy Request Information
3.85/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

123 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My car has been in the repair facility for 2 weeks and GWC didn't respond on time the services. First of all, the road assistance took more than 1 day to pick the car up. Diagnosis of the failure has been sent to GWC and they are asking for more information to get the same outputs. The services are very poor, starting to the behavior of the operators and the time to talk to them.

GWC Warranty response

Carlos, I apologize for the delay on your claim. I have spoke with our claims managers who will be following up with the shop to check on the status of your diagnosis. One of our claims managers will also be giving you a call with an update later today. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we will work to make this situation right for you.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The dealer explained the GWC Warranty coverage well for me. I purchased a vehicle service contract since when vehicles are being sold, the people who sold them normally want customers to have that contract on the vehicles. Everything has a warranty today. If people don't have a warranty, they can't pay and can't get anything done.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Harvel! We're glad you enjoy your GWC Warranty service contract coverage!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

When I bought the vehicle, GWC was offered so I took it. The reps gave a pamphlet and they shared with what the warranty covered. They told me everything I needed to know. One time, my rear end went on me and I called them directly to file the claim. They told me who would cover it and then, I called who the maintenance was. They took it from there and the repair took about two days. Now, my transmission went and I will use the warranty again. GWC's service is good and the cost is fair.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your No Worries, Just Drive experience, Domenic!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The guys at the dealership where I bought my car sold me the GWC extended warranty. They said it would be the best coverage that I would get. I paid $3,000, which was a lot of money for one warranty, and the warranty was supposed to cover everything from top to bottom with anything I wanted and from any dealership that I wanted in the US. But when I went to the dealership to change my Toyota oxygen sensor, I found out that GWC only pays for aftermarket parts and not for factory parts.

Apparently, the GWC rep that I signed the contract with never worked with the dealership. I had to pay the dealership to change the oxygen sensor as GWC doesn’t cover anything but the cheap parts. That was completely unfair, so I was so pissed off. GWC also said that they just cover a regular mechanic and the set-up mechanic, and not dealerships. The part costs $450 but while an oxygen sensor like that from AutoZone would cost $97, the dealership charged more as the part they put in was of high quality. But I got a discount from GWC, so my bill was $280.

I’d like to get back the $2,800 that I paid for my warranty. I spoke with the customer service of GWC and they said that I had to call the dealer. Then I spoke with the dealer and they said they could return my money but I would only get a couple of hundred dollars because I have already used some of the money. I didn’t use anything and this car has only 2,000 miles on it because I don’t use it that much. But the dealership said I could not leave until I’ve paid the $280 bill.

This situation needs to be resolved. If GWC will renew the warranty and add dealers, then that would be okay. But if they don’t, then I’d like to get my money back because there’s a whole bunch of other companies that sell extended warranties and they do the right thing. The people at the dealership lied to me about the extended warranty of GWC. When I tried to use it, I didn’t get what they said I would get with it. I am very dissatisfied with GWC Warranty and there is no way that I will ever use them.

GWC Warranty response

Marcus, I am sorry to hear about your experience. According to our records, a payment of over $200 was approved to cover portions of the $280 repair you mention. The out-of-pocket costs resulted from the difference in parts pricing and sales tax. Using parts of like kind and quality is something we do to help you conserve costs on both the service contract itself as well during the repair process. As for cancellations in regards to your contract, in Massachusetts, a contract is only eligible for cancellation in the event it is declared a total loss, stolen or repossessed. In that instance, we would then provide a pro-rated refund to the selling dealer, which would then be passed along to you. I apologize for any confusion regarding your situation, and should you have any other questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-482-7357. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I got a service contract on a used car, and it worked out because I’ve had nothing but problems with it. So, getting one would be a good idea. GWC was offered to me and the experience has been fine. Dealing with claims and customer service was great and I’m gonna put in a claim again today. I had a fuel pump go and it will be on my third transmission. I usually get a call back on the same day saying if the claim was approved and they would give me a mechanic. I would tell him to pick it up and take it there. The first time, it took three days to complete the repair and the second time took a little over a week because they had to wait for a part. It was a very high-quality service and everything was straightforward with them. I’ve had so many bad experiences and it’s nice to know that I have that warranty to rely on. If not, I would have been screwed.

GWC Warranty response

Sean, thank you for the feedback! We look forward to helping should you have any other covered repairs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

The dealership recommended GWC Warranty to me and the cost was fine. It was my first time to get a warranty however, my experience with the actual dealer when purchasing my contract went a bit bad. Things didn’t really go well and the rep didn’t do a great job. He didn’t explain the coverage much. When we bought the truck it was already messed up, so it was so stressful that we had to go and leave it, back and forth. If I was to buy the truck with a good motor, I wouldn't have wasted a lot of time. The dealer can’t just shove a car to us. I like the car to work but if it was gonna be so much problems, I would’ve never gotten it in the first place. So instead of them just receiving money, they could’ve explained things a bit better. Nonetheless, GWC Warranty did excellent on everything and I had a great experience with them. It feels better knowing that I have that warranty.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Rachel! We're glad you've had a No Worries, Just Drive experience with your GWC service contract!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The GWC warranty was offered when I bought my car so I got it. I had a good experience in purchasing the service contract. I did a claim with them when my transmission went out. The mechanic worked with them, but they called me to verify that I wanted to do a claim and it was good with them. The repair took six days and I wasn't satisfied with the time it took to get my car back on the road, but that's not a complaint with GWC but with the mechanic. The cost and the coverage that are offered in my warranty are fair.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Alexis!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

GWC is the single most biggest rip off! They only offer the worst replacements, will not replace anything that goes with the initial problem, and watch for the magical fingerprints that arise when you need their assistance! I have a premium policy and believe me there is nothing premium about it! I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and have a lawyer to investigate these frauds! Do not purchase this fraudulent policy. You will be kicking yourself in the behind later!

GWC Warranty response

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have sent you a private message requesting the information we need to investigate your concerns and address them accordingly. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The tech said that I needed to have some type of warranty to go along with the car that I bought and GWC was recommended by the seller. I read the brochure and looked online briefly. The experience has turned to be fairly pleasant and the people that I bought the car from told me something that I was happy about so, I was satisfied with it.

The first time I made a claim with GWC, I was a little bit disappointed and they made me nervous. They told me that the places they would recommend my vehicle to were totally unworthy of them telling anybody to go to. I told them to forget it and that I’m gonna take it back to the dealers this time and pay the differential. I've been doing that and been more than satisfied with them. The service company takes care of everything with GWC, and I haven't had to do a thing. The second time I called them, I gave them to the BMW dealers that I dealt with. They told me to pick up the car and that it has been repaired. GWC has taken care of it and it took less than a week. Life would be a little bit different if I didn’t have that warranty. It has been more than sufficient and I haven’t had to any callbacks. I'm just happy I bought it. It cost me a lot but it's been working.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Douglas! It's been our pleasure to assist with your vehicle repairs!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I always end up having to fix things on the vehicles, and I was hoping a warranty would cover some of it. The dealership I was buying the car from offered GWC and it sounded good. Everything was pretty smooth at the dealership when I purchased the vehicle service contract. They seemed to know what they were talking about. I had filed claims three times and I let my mechanic handle those. He let me know what GWC was gonna pay and not. The repairs didn't take very long to be completed. It took a couple of weeks. It was somewhat disappointing at times though when they only covered a part that was broken and needing replacement. They also seem to always want to go with the cheapest used parts that they can find. The little brochure could be a little more clear, ‘cause if it says it repairs air conditioning but it only covers certain small parts of the air conditioning and everything else, we have to pay for it ourselves.

GWC Warranty response

Adam, I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your coverage. We do offer several different levels of coverage, including an exclusionary option that covers more of the air conditioning components you mention. If you have interest in upgrading to such coverage, please feel free to reach out to your selling dealer. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was purchasing a used vehicle that I was financing and GWC was the warranty provider offered to me at the time. My sales rep advised what was inclusive with the contract and I accepted it. When I had a roadside assistance claim, I was told that I was completely covered and when the roadside came out, they couldn't find the call in their system. The driver had to drop my vehicle because he wasn’t getting paid on it. For some reason, it was a mix-up. He had a PO number that matched the PO number that was sent to me via text message. But when I open up the PO number, the PO number is from someone in a totally different state. It was horrible. I had to get someone else to tow my vehicle and I paid for it out of pocket. But that’s the only horrible experience I have with GWC Warranty. They’ve covered things that went wrong with my vehicle and I still recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Allona! We will take your feedback on the roadside assistance and look for ways to avoid such experiences in the future. We look forward to helping with any future covered repair needs you may have!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Please stop contacting me. Your service, if you can call it, that was nothing more than a ripoff. Go after someone else. Nothing that was major was ever covered. I paid out more for repairs than I even paid GWC. I needed a warranty and all I got was an expensive headache. Never again!

GWC Warranty response

Keith, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will ensure that your are no longer contacted by Consumer Affairs. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I'm a stickler for warranties, so if I can get a warranty on a vehicle, I will. I was looking for everything that I could get covered and I wasn't just gonna get the Powertrain. I wanted the enhanced one that covered electrical like the AC. GWC had better quality and they had better options, so we got the best plan that we could get. GWC answered calls and even though they were a little pricier for the items, they were good. People should get them. We also have zero deductible unlike with our other insurance but I wish there was more stuff covered in the warranty. The claims process was very quick. We took our Yukon into the dealership because the AC was acting up. When we left that same day, the claim was already filled and it was fixed. They covered all of it.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Robert! We hope you can enjoy that Yukon for many more miles to come!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have a used vehicle and got an extended warranty from GWC. The car is a General Motors car, so it just made sense to me. The reps I bought it from were professional and cordial. They told me that I pay a portion, and the insurance will pay the rest. Whatever the deductible amount would be, that was the percentage the insurance company would cover, and then I would have to pay the difference. I would recommend them. I could always use more coverage but I felt that what they offered was fair.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, David! It was our pleasure to help you get back on the road quickly!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was buying a used vehicle and I know used vehicles are all gonna have problems no matter what the dealership says and how reputable they are. So I decided I would rather pay the price and nothing goes wrong, or if something does go wrong, I would have the insurance. I didn’t want to take chances and decided to get a warranty for my vehicle. But a lot of companies will not take a vehicle that’s old as mine and GWC is the first one that has accepted me, so I went with it. It was also recommended by the dealer and they told me that it was a good deal.

Whenever I had a problem, I went back to the dealer and he told me to call GWC. I filed a claim and it was a very simple process and they treated me really well. The lady that I talked to was very nice and quick about it. She asked me a couple of questions and told me that I was approved for it and put the vehicle in the shop and have it done so it wasn’t a big ordeal at all. I have recommended GWC and in fact, I’m gonna call them tomorrow to see when my policy will expire and how much it is going to cost me to re-up on it.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, John! We're glad you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience and we're looking forward to helping you renew your contract!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I don't even know where to start, this experience with GWC seems so exhausting. I have a 2008 Lexus IS250 that was towed to the Lexus dealership to have the alternator replaced. I was expecting to simply pay my $100 deductible, well the dealership ends up calling me to let me know that after speaking with GWC I would owe a balance of $700 because GWC did not agree with the labor hours or parts price Lexus was charging. After talking with GWC they informed me that they found a local shop (obviously not Lexus grade) that are more 'in line' with their pricing and if I wanted to not pay a difference to take it there. After doing the math to determine what would be the best decision, I end up paying the diagnosis charge of $100 to Lexus and then tow it again to this other shop.

Well after they perform the repairs they called me and tell me the same thing, that GWC does not want to pay all of the cost, which again leaves me with paying more than the advertised deductible. This whole experience really makes it obvious that GWC is not looking out after the best interest of its PAYING customers, but only to find ways to pay the minimum and push cost to the customer. I am extremely dissatisfied and the ironic part is that before all this happened I would refer my friends to GWC as a place for extended auto warranty. I definitely have to get back with them and inform of them of my experience. People always think of warranty and insurance companies as a scam, but never have I felt more right about that until this experience.

GWC Warranty response

Edward, I am sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced during your repair. Our records show that the claim paid to the second shop matches the invoice we received from that service facility, so it is unclear to us what additional costs you were charged there. We appreciate your patience changing shops as we do this from time to time to help save customers from out-of-pocket expenses. If you have questions about whatever out-of-pocket costs you experienced, please feel free to call us at 1-800-482-7357. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

When I was purchasing the car, the dealer asked me if I wanted an extended warranty. He gave me a GWC pamphlet and told me to look over it and decide whether I wanted it to not. It was an extra $100 and I do not have to pay a copay every time I took it there. I thought that I was doing good by doing that because it covered a lot of stuff. Instead, the dealer didn’t stand behind the warranty and the car. I haven’t had a good experience with GWC at all. The calipers were bad and they fixed it but they charged me $241. Furthermore, they only did one side.

The other side was bad too, but they didn’t change it because they said it was still working. They wanted to charge me another $241 to do it. Furthermore, they said the warranty didn’t cover the rotors and the pads. I also had a fuel problem on my car that had been there four times and they kept taking the tank off the car. They told me they fixed it and gave it back to me. But then, I drove the car for a few miles for a day and the warning light lit again. I will not renew my warranty with GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Sheryl, I apologize for an inconvenience or miscommunication during your repair. However, brake pads and rotors are not covered components under the terms of your service contract. As for the caliper replacement, we were able to cover the cost of the calipers that failed but since the other side had not failed, there was not a need to repair them at this time. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-482-7357.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

GWC was recommended to me by the dealer. I have been with them for a year now but I wasn't very happy with how everything turned out. Most of the things that I had done weren't even covered, so I was very disappointed in the warranty itself. There was one incident that I went in for and there were a few things that needed to be done. And some of the things, based on the brochure, seemed like it should be covered, and it wasn't. The repair facility tried calling GWC and didn't get any callbacks. They basically said those were not covered. I am still gonna be calling GWC back to talk to them about that.

GWC Warranty response

David, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have escalated your concerns to our claims managers, one of whom will be in touch to discuss your coverage with you in more detail.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Our BMW has now been at repair shop for approx. 3 weeks with pending transmission repairs. Today repair shop notifies us that there is no transmission available and there never was one. Now wanting the repair shop to remove transmission and send in to be repaired/rebuilt which has been denied to be done and no shops will do. GWC refuses to pay for new transmission and used transmission that they said was available was a lie. Now we are completely out of a vehicle and we have the top warranty coverage. No worries, just drive warranty is a complete joke. They have given so much run around with this situation that the BMW dealership doesn't even want to deal with them anymore!!! I'm now looking into filing a lawsuit against GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Nicole, I am sorry to hear about your experience with your BMW. I have shared your concerns with our claims management team, and someone will be in touch shortly to discuss how we can move your repair along more quickly. Thank you for the message.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

When I bought my truck, the GWC warranty was offered through the dealership. My truck had 30-plus thousand miles, so I got a warranty for it. Also, the cost of the warranty was about right and I was happy with it. I liked the dealer that I bought it from. He handed me the service contract showing what the warranty would cover and I read it.

The dealership said that if I had an issue with my truck, they would prefer that I bring it to them and they would handle everything. I had a claim for a leaf spring break and they took care of it for me. I took my truck there and I got it back two days later. The part that was needed was out of stock and that took an extra day for the repair to be completed. Nevertheless, the claim went smoothly and I was very happy with the way it was handled. In having my GWC warranty, I’m more confident that if something goes wrong, I've got something that will cover the repair cost. I told my brother that GWC's warranty is worth buying and he bought his warranty too.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback and the referral to your brother, Kevin! It was our pleasure to help with your repair!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

GWC states they pay $70 per hour max for labor which is well below fair market. The salesman who sold me the warranty states they pay full labor costs at any "certified" mechanic at "industry standard" which I discovered is code for no they don't pay full labor costs. GWC will not pay for new or OEM parts, only for refurbished parts or some other pick and pull quality. GWC will not cover my valve cover gasket replacement even though it says they will in the contract I signed. Therefore I have a $1380 job on a newly purchased 2010 Toyota Tundra for which GWC states they will reimburse only $300, about 22%. GWC is located on the East Coast, and not open for West Coast customers after 2 pm PST. This is not worth the money I paid for the warranty and I want my money back. I can only imagine what it would take to get them to pay a claim for something catastrophic like a full transmission.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I purchased a service contract from GWC Warranty to cover potential additional repairs on the car. I chose them because of their customer review ratings and they were recommended by the dealer I was buying the car from. The purchase process was relatively simple and straightforward, and the person that helped me was knowledgeable with respect to the coverages. He explained it and it was easy to understand. He broke down the different service packages, the costing and the cost differentials for each one. It was comprehensive and in-depth and made deciding which coverage I wanted to purchase easier.

I had a repair situation that required some coverage and things went well. I gave the repairman the contract number and they handled everything. GWC responded accordingly and coordinated well with the shop. They were able to recoup the cost with the repair shop and all I had to do was pay the difference. Based on past experiences with other warranties, GWC's service is good. Moreover, they have the option of working with the dealer directly. With GWC, I didn't worry about any of the coverages that were under the package that I purchased. Their program was good and I was satisfied. I would absolutely recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the recommendation, Bruce! It's great to hear that you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My original warranty was up and the dealer where I bought my vehicle offered me GWC Warranty. The selling dealer was excellent and everything flowed smoothly. They had all the information on what plans and programs I might want to sign up for and which one matched my need. It was an easy experience. However, dealing with the rep every time I have a claim was a pain. It was like the money was coming out of their pockets. They didn’t explain what was covered and what wasn’t. They just said, “That’s not covered and we don’t cover that.” We waited four days to deal with them. They told us that they were gonna cover three quarters and they gave a depreciation value. We had to go through all the baloney.

GWC’s cost was not good with the quality of their service. We used the warranty four times on one vehicle and it was not cost-effective at all. When I went and bought an aftermarket for my truck, my truck had issues three weeks later. I brought it in the garage and they said it was due to me modifying the vehicle. I spent $100 on a guy to come over, survey my truck and it took an hour and a half of my time. So do not go with GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Albert, I am sorry to hear that your repair experiences have not been smooth. I have shared your concerns with our claims management team, and someone will be in touch to assist with your situation. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

2010 Chevy Impala was driving car. Shut off with no warning. Good to very bad. Good when I purchased this GWC Warranty on Powertrain Plus. Very bad when my motor locked and had a garage take a look at. GWC expects me to pay 500 for the garage to tear down my engine to see if it is covered. I have oil change receipts, if it's not covered I'm out 500. I owe 8,000 on this 2010 Chevy Impala. They are CRAZY. They need to pay to look not me. I have a 100 deductible not 500 very unworthily Auto Protection.

GWC Warranty response

June, thank you for reaching out to us. I have shared your feedback with our claims management team and someone will be in touch to help clear up any misunderstandings surrounding your coverage.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

This company is a scam. If you do plan on purchasing from them, know that they do not deem parts "broken until a point of catastrophic failure". For instance, my warranty covered every part within the engine of my car. After three months from purchase, I started losing compression in cylinder 3. 42% variance in compression and a leak down of 35%. This cylinder was immediately before catastrophic failure ie. broken piston ring takes out entire cylinder/short block etc.

I discussed the situation with GWC and they refused to cover a claim. I then asked that not if, but when this engine fails, they would cover the claim, they said most likely not due to no proof of preventative maintenance. REMINDER: I purchased this car from the dealer 3 months prior. What maintenance records would I possibly have? They fought tooth and nail till eventually I gave up and shelled out the money to rebuild the engine. Please be aware of the level of service you will receive with this company... NONE.

GWC Warranty response

Jonathan, thank you for reaching out to us. I have shared your feedback with our claims management team and someone will be in touch to help clear up any misunderstandings surrounding your coverage.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The old warranty on my vehicle had run out and I thought purchasing a vehicle service contract would be a smart idea in case something major went wrong with it. Also, any additional services seemed good at the time. GWC was the only thing offered and it was referred from a big car dealer where we got our car from. If they recommended GWC, then it should be good.

The dealership and their service rep that we went through dealt with my claim with GWC. The claim was for an alternator and the service dealer got it approved. Everything went well. It got fixed on a Saturday, which is understandable 'cause most of the dealerships and service people close at half a day. The only problem I had was getting a car rental. GWC would cover it, but by the time it got approved, the car rental places had all closed because it was a weekend. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your experience, James! And thank you for the feedback on the rental car coverage. We'll certainly take that into consideration during similar circumstances moving forward.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The dealership offered the GWC warranty when I was buying a used vehicle and they said that it was a good one. They gave me an overview of the warranty and I read through it in more detail when I got back home. I used the warranty one time and the truck was at the dealership so they dealt with it. My shop is on one of GWC's preferred listings. The other time that I used the warranty, my store manager dealt with it. GWC covered everything they said they were gonna cover. They gave us no hassle about it. Overall, GWC was real good and I wish I could have afforded to make it longer. I’ve recommended it to everybody who ever asked me about an after-market coverage for their vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Keith! We're glad to hear that you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had a GWC warranty on my previous car and when I bought my new car, the place offered it also. So I got the GWC warranty on my new car as well. I’ve been with GWC Warranty for the past three years and the warranty has definitely come in handy. On at least three separate occasions on both my cars, I had been stuck on the side of the road and when I called GWC, they were able to get a tow truck to get my car. GWC has always been really responsive. The GWC people are are amazing. They help me out.

Recently though, I needed to take my car in and the reps were saying that the issue I was having was not covered. I wish I would’ve known that beforehand. The people who are selling the warranty needs explain in more detail what it covers instead of me having to call in and asking whether the issue is covered. They could also have a sheet that explains the benefits that come with the warranty. That aside, the only thing that took a while was on the mechanic’s end. They spent a week with my car. Nonetheless, the people at GWC are so nice, patient and helpful every time I call, no matter who I get. Even if they don’t know the answer right off the bat, they would check it for me. It’s always been a really pleasant experience.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Fatima! I'm glad to hear that we were able to make a difficult repair experience a little easier for you!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had GWC before and they treated me very well. I love the warranty. Every time I get a car, I’ll have it and for what I wanted with this one, they definitely helped me choose the best plan. The cost is also perfect considering the quality of the warranty. I’ve recommended GWC as well.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback, Timothy! And thank you as well for recommending us to family and friends!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

A loan company required that I purchase a service contract for my car and GWC was the only one they gave me. As soon as I drove off the lot, about 10 minutes, I knew that the transmission was bad. The check engine lights turned on on the way home so I stopped at my mechanic's shop and he also said the transmission was bad. The dealership did reset the code, put it on the lot knowing it had a bad transmission, and sold it to me. At first, the dealer was good until I had to make a claim against the car since they sold me a car with a blown-up transmission. I finally got it done but the warranty only covered $1,900 out of $2,600. It ended up costing me $700 on a brand-new car I just bought.

GWC Warranty response

Anthony, thanks for sharing your experience, We're glad to hear that we were able to save you from the full expense of a new transmission.

GWC Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. Vehicle service contracts are transferable to a new owner if you sell your car, which may increase your car’s overall value.

• GWC Warranty coverage: GWC offers exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage. Exclusionary coverage gives drivers the highest level of protection by covering hundreds of components, parts and systems. Stated component coverage protects specific parts and systems listed in your contract.

• Optional upgrades: You can opt to upgrade your coverage by adding things like your in-vehicle navigation system and sensors to your contract. Contact your selling dealer to find out all of your upgrade options.

• New and used protection plans: GWC Warranty has protection plans for new and used vehicles, even if your new vehicle is still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Transferrable coverage: Your GWC Warranty service contract can easily transfer to another car owner if you sell your vehicle. Follow the instructions for transferring your contract to a new owner on GWC Warranty’s website.

• GWC Warranty repair shops: Over 3,000 service facilities nationwide partner with GWC Warranty. Find your local repair shop on GWC’s website.

• Best for: drivers who want a vehicle service contract with easy access to partner repair shops.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information