Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We've had the GWC Warranty policy for almost a year now. … We've used it for a claim and the dealer that fixed our vehicle took care of everything. They dealt with them. GWC was r...

Verified

GWC is a really good insurance. The people were very nice and polite. ... When I had a claim, the transaction was great. … And so, I even went back to the place where I bought the...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers two coverage plans for new or used vehicles: Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage. Plans are transferable if you decide to sell the vehicle, and information on renewals and upgrades is available through the company’s website.

Exclusionary Coverage
    With Exclusionary Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Protection for hundreds of components (similar to a factory warranty)
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 150,000 miles
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage
    Stated Component Coverage
    With Stated Component Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Mechanical breakdown coverage, including parts and labor
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 200,000 miles
    • 24/7 roadside assistance
    • Rental transportation
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with anywhere from 0 to 200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you're covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30 to 60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available on its website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to your local dealership to get a quote. GWC Warranty does not sell its plans directly to the public.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs (minus the deductible). GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

GWC Warranty FAQ

How much does GWC Warranty cost?
    GWC Warranty does not list its prices online because they depend on both the coverage plan you choose and the make, model and age of your vehicle. You can call GWC Warranty to get additional information about coverage plans, as well as pricing based on your vehicle’s condition.
    How many plans does GWC Warranty offer?
    GWC Warranty offers two coverage options. Exclusionary Coverage is available for vehicles with mileages as high as 150,000. Stated Component Coverage is available for vehicles with under 200,000 miles.
    Can I purchase a warranty contract from GWC Warranty directly?
    No, GWC Warranty works directly with authorized dealerships across the United States and does not sell directly to the public. If you have recently purchased a vehicle or are looking to purchase a vehicle soon, check if GWC vehicle service contracts are available near you.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased, so there's no wait. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero-deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for those who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 13, 2021

GWC Warranty: Did contact form on their website 4 business days ago, but no response... Purchased 2009 Dodge Journey: 7/21/2018. Purchased the Powertrain Plus Coverage via sale from Salesman. 5/29/2019 Needing bushing, bearings, etc, tried to get approval (all denied). Out of pocket cost 1813.36. Shop tried real hard. No luck. 7/31/2019 EGR valve replacement 375.50. 3/23/2020: Heater hose, battery 692.87. 11/11/2020 Brakes replaced. Did cover 429.60. (Still owed $630.) 12/18/2020 Starter 450.00. 4/21/2021 Rough engine, service light on. Replaced EGR valve 478.71. 4/23/2021 Still not running right. Took back to shop. Replaced crank sensor. No coverage for it 692.68. Still not fixed, shop recommended take to dealership. 4/28/2021 Timing Belt total cost 1118.45 (was told it was covered) but had to show service records of oil change. Provided 8/23/18 98263. 2/28/19 103913. 12/30/19 113000. 8/17/20 118, 292. 4/21/2021 122000.

Had to prove oil record between 2/28/19 and 12/30/19 due too much mileage. This oil change done by husband due to it being in shop in May and July 2019 too so save money. For it to be covered had to have receipt for oil, filter, mileage documentation. Could not find what they required. Claim Denied. Warranty expires in July, they keep sending me mailings to renew now and save $400. I guess my question is why...but the bigger question is how they deny so many things that are mentioned in the contract as covered, but due to lack of documentation. But they can take $1695 from me, on a vehicle they had no service records for. Save your money!

GWC Warranty response
    Hello Erin, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: May 6, 2021

I guess I should have done my research, got the warranty. Have had the truck a year now. Has a lifter tick that is known with Chevy 5.3 motors and they will not cover the repairs. Good luck getting a refund. Do your research before buying a warranty.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Jonathan, please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I called GWC before taking vehicle to shop. Asked about what was covered. They said everything. Ask if I could take it to dealer. They said yes. Car in shop dealer called with list of repairs. According to GWC they are all covered. WRONG!! Bill $2900. GWC covered $800. RIP OFF COMPANY. DON’T WALK AWAY FROM GWC, RUN!!

GWC Warranty response

Hello Michael, please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2021

After reading my complaint, a higher up in the company stepped in. They paid the claim above and beyond what the contract called for. They really stepped up and made up for the poor service earlier in the experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Guardian Warranty Company. This was my experience with Guardian Warranty Company. I have been in the car business since 1998 and have dealt with a lot of warranty companies. I have dealt with some really professional customer service oriented warranty companies and I have dealt with some nightmare warranty companies. Guardian Warranty Company is by far the worst I’ve dealt with in my automotive career. I have a friend that bought a car and purchased an extended service contract through Guardian. She bought the exclusionary coverage which is suppose to cover everything, except for the wear and tear items on the vehicle. One day her vehicle developed a noise in the engine, I suggested she take it to a reputable Mercedes specialist.

The shop diagnosed the noise and determined the noise was coming from the piston and connecting rod. The diagnosis was backed up by several bulletins from Mercedes. Guardian requested proof of maintenance performed on the car which was provided. Guardian also requested that the customer approve a sixteen-hour diagnostic tear down to pinpoint the failed component. Out of the sixteen-hour job, Guardian would pay one hour of labor if the problem was a covered repair. The customer would be responsible for a $1740 diagnostic fee to pay which is completely unnecessary with the exclusionary coverage considering any component that could cause the problem is a covered repair.

I called the claims adjuster and was told that they had to have the exact failed component to cover the claim and the diagnostic charges would be the customers responsibility. I don’t understand why you would force the customer to pay $1740 in diagnostic charges when everything inside the motor is covered. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was on hold for 15 minutes and spoke to him for less than two when the call was “disconnected”. I called back and was connected to a claims adjuster again. They asked for the claim number and I provided it and then asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained that I was speaking to him and the call was disconnected. I was told no, I couldn’t speak to a supervisor and this is just how the claims process works.

I demanded to speak with the supervisor again and I was transferred to another representative claiming to be a supervisor, but not the claims manager that I was “disconnected” in a previous call. I am confident that the representative hung up on me and put a note in the system that he didn’t want to talk to me. I don’t blame him, it’s hard to argue his side with someone that is knowledgeable of vehicles and how warranty companies operate. In my opinion, this was an opportunity to get out of paying the claim. Seeing how Guardian was handling this claim, all confidence was lost in the company and I was convinced my friend was in a losing position dealing with Guardian. I decided that I would just turn in a claim to repair the oil leak from the turbocharger and begin the search for another car.

My suspicion was confirmed, out of the nearly $400 claim, they would only cover $53 dollars. Please keep in mind that I told them repeatedly what I do for a living and I know what parts and repairs are covered with exclusionary coverage. If they would treat me this way, imagine how they would treat other trusting consumers. I caution Automobile dealers who do business with Guardian, it can be detrimental to your business and reputation by selling a warranty to a consumer from an unethical company.

If you are a consumer looking for a warranty for your car, please be careful dealing with Guardian Warranty Company. We work hard to establish a good reputation as car dealers and representing a company like this can quickly tarnish your image. To any potential customers considering buying an extended service contract, if you are offered Guardian, Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Most dealers will have multiple options for you to choose a warranty. I understand now why so many customers refuse to buy warranties because of previous bad experiences. I am now able to relate to their story and explain that not all warranty companies operate like Guardian Warranty Company.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brent, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide the contract number or the last six of the VIN so we can look into the claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a used Ford Crown Victoria in Aug 2019 and bought to Essential Warranty from GWC Warranty Comp. In Feb of 2020, my rear axle developed a major leak on the right rear wheel. Had the car towed to a shop for repair. Shop determined that the right rear axle bearing had failed which caused excessive wear on the axle, axle housing and seal which caused the fluid leak. Repair Shop contacted GWC to cover the replacement of the entire rear axle assembly. GWC did authorized the repair installation of a used rear axle assembly (had 50k existing miles on the axle). On Dec 21st of 2020, the replacement axle developed a leak of axle fluid on the right rear wheel exactly as happened in Feb.

Repair Shop followed the same exact procedure as before and provided pictures of the damage to the axle shaft, housing and seal to GWC. This was the same failure that had occurred in Feb. However, this time GWC refused to pay for a replacement rear axle assembly and would only cover the cost to replace the axle bearing and seal. Since the bearing failure (a common problem with Ford Live Rear Axles) damaged the axle shaft and axle housing, their suggested repair would not resolve the problem. GWC stated that they would not cover the cost to replace the rear axle assembly due to "Continued Operation" of the vehicle by myself.

Since the exact same failure happened in Feb and GWC authorized a replacement axle assembly, why the refusal in Dec of 2020. GWC installed a used axle assembly instead of a remanufactured one and I am being penalized for the failure of the replacement. I need my car repaired as I need it to drive to and from work. GWC is refusing to honor the warranty and only authorizing repairs that would not repair my car or make it safe to drive. GWC clearly does not value their customers, only their customers' money.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Keith, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I never purchase extended coverage plans. My gut was correct and I more than regret purchasing this plan. I was convinced by a friend to purchase the top of the line coverage from GWC. Lo and behold, I experienced an internally lubricated part within the transmission fail. The warranty is clear that all internally lubricated parts are covered. This is the case until you file a claim. Turns out all internally lubricated parts are covered with the exception of my internally lubricated part. I am on my own to cover the entire bill. I will never purchase a plan from a company who looks to manipulate wording to get out of a claim. This has been a terrible experience for me. Never Again.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brendan, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek last year that had been maintained beautifully at a Subaru dealership. The car dealership offered to sell me the GWC warranty and I bought it as I am a medical student that wouldn't be able to afford it if something went catastrophically wrong with my car. When I was driving, the car broke down and I had it towed to a preferred facility who said that the transmission froze causing two of my axles to break. GWC sent out an inspector who said that the transmission froze due to low differential fluids. The problem is that the transmission has been serviced by the Subaru Dealership within the manufacturer's recommended 30,000 miles.

It is stated in the contract that I signed that the car must be serviced as recommended by the manufacturer's guidelines and it has. Now they are trying to say that it is not covered because of the fluid being low, even though it has been serviced. This company will try to get out of covering anything, and you are better served saving your money. They are currently re-reviewing my case, and I will update this review if they decide to become a reputable company. I will be taking further steps to make sure that they follow the contract that I signed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Updated on 09/29/2020: After finally get my vehicle repaired after taking 3 weeks calling GWC, The Mechanic shop had informed me the my truck had a exhaust leak in the manifold and it looks like due to warpage of the manifolds the bolts broke off, which is a common problem on those years of the truck, so I looked up my coverage where it sates manifolds and gaskets are covered so the shop called the GWC who said the bolts are not covered, so once again on the phone with GWC who 2 reps on 2 separate calls said that if indeed the manifolds where damaged cracked or warped that you they would pay for the repair, I would need to consent to have them taken off and they would need to send pictures of the damaged manifolds.

So I took the truck to a exhaust specialist who told me the same things that the manifolds are cracked or warped, so I made a appoint with Jumbos auto who had done the previous work that they had to fight with GWC to get fixed, for Tuesday the 29th since Yom Kippur they were closed on Monday, So I thought I had better call to confirm what I had been previously told that if the manifolds are cracked or warped that they would cover it, otherwise it would be a $1200 cost to me to repair. So now GWC informed me they called the dealer and said the dealer would assist me in the repair. So I call the dealer who said he did not say that at all.

I would have never bought the truck with the sound it now makes from the exhaust and the smell in the cab, I would have asked the dealer to fix it before purchase or bought another truck I had a deposit down on. So now GWC is telling me they will not pay for anything having to do with exhaust and they want a 3 way call with the dealer, I have no information on what the dealer said or even why they called them. Again this seems to be a business practice at GWC to try to get out of paying for repairs.

They have the opinion that since they paid for the 1st repairs after 3 weeks and the run-around that now they are not paying for anything and that this is my fault somehow, after taking Ubers to work and making arrangements for my job and travel that I really wanted this to happen. And now I have a car I spent every penny I had on that I can't really drive. It’s just not right.

Original Review: After spending every penny I had on a used truck, The dealer had pitched me a warranty which I thought was a good idea based on the mileage and year, so I did some research and even asked my mechanic who said GWC was better than mos and had a good relationship with them, and the dealer said that they were really good. So I purchased it.

I drove the truck for 2 days when the engine was making a diesel sound and a sound ticking sound, (9-8-2020) so I called my mechanic said not to drive it and they would pick it up. The shop then called and said I would need to agree to the diagnostic fee to take the motor a part S485.00, So I agreed and then he called a day later and said it was the timing chain and the spacers and the loud ticking was the exhaust manifold either cracked or warped and broke a few of the bolts off and it was leaking exhaust which I did smell in the cab same day it started running bad and making a Dieseling sound. So I checked my warranty, and it listed timing chain and the exhaust manifold. I called the dealer and he said not to worry. It would be covered.

So the shop put a call in to GWC, who did not take their word for the repairs 3 days go by while we wait for them to send a third party to inspect the damage parts and then another 3 days for GWC to review it. After multiple calls to GWC (on hold every time forever) then said it would be the next morning, then the next then they said they were waiting on report, (which I knew they already had I checked with the inspectors office) so I felt I was getting the run around, so finally the shop called me (09/17/20) and said they need picture of the cam so they sent that then they called me back later that evening and said they would not cover the manifolds but would cover the timing chain. I called GWC and they stated the inspector said the leak was due to missing bolts, the manifolds were not removed.

So I did some research on the topic and its a common problem on the F150 for the manifold to crack or warp causing the bolts to break, so they are denied the claim without really knowing. So the shop said they would need to take off and inspect, I have not slept in 2 weeks 9with the cost hanging over my head) and have had to take Ubers to work. I reviewed the warranty and it does say the manifold is covered and informed the dealer who said it was for sure covered. So now I need to have the shop take the manifolds off to inspect at my cost and repair at $1300. This is my first experience with a auto warranty company and it's been a nightmare. I spent every penny I had on the truck and really don't have the money to fix it, and basically the truck is undrivable.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased a 4 year old car with a GWC warranty, thinking I would drive with no worries. A year later the engine light came on and it would sometimes cut off so, I takes it in to the shop to get it repaired. I found out that it would cost over a $1000 to get repaired. I’m still thinking everything’s going to be ok because, I have a warranty with GWC. I was so wrong. They told me they don’t cover the outside of the engine even though the car doesn’t run and the engine light is on. Now I’m coming out of my own pocket for the repairs. This is the worst warranty company to buy from. Please shop around, I wish I did!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought a used car from dealership. I had gotten the Essential plan .. thinking this is a great idea.. I had the car one week and one day driving home from work car started to overheat. I pull the car over. Turn it off smoke coming out of the engine. I call GWC for roadside assistance at 7:20 pm. Was on hold forever. Someone answer about 7:50. Supposedly couldn’t hear me. Told me to call back. I do. On hold again then get message they close at 8:00 pm. So I called a tow company to get the car home. Call GWC next day. They tow the car to a a licensed auto shop. Long story short the engine needs to be replaced. The auto shop does not replace engines so call GWC.

We tow the car to Sunny’s Auto where I purchased the car because they have auto repair shop. I pay the out of pocket expense for the tow they don’t cover. Well I talked to the guy at the auto shop and he proceeds to let me know that GWC does not cover the repair because a hose busted and got liquid all over the engine and the hose is the cause of the engine failure. This is what GWC told me and the auto shop.. From first to last conversation with all of the people I talked to from GCW knew everything that went down with the car and that the car overheated. The white smoke coming out of hood, engine fried because it overheated. Remember I only had this car for one week and they don’t cover the cost because the hose busted.

What a scam this company is... I would never recommend it to anyone.... I work hard for every bit of money I make and sure do not have money to throw away on a car I have had for a week.. I have literally have cried over over because of the financial position this is putting in.. I don’t have a few thousand of dollars laying around to buy another engine... Shame on this company I taking advantage of people especially in these times.. So disappointing.... So if you are buying a car do not have any dealings with GWC..

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

GWC Warranty Company Information