It's that easy Request Information
4.36/5
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

69 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

I purchased from GMC and had an easy experience. I also have an old vehicle and its warranty was out. GMC Warranty was the only one offered at the dealership and in a way, I was also checking on it. I went through the two mechanic shops that deal in auto repair, informed them about the vehicle in particular, and they each had the thing to say about the warranty company. So, I went and bought an extended warranty from GMC. The dealer explained all of the brochure of the various options from a normal coverage up to an express coverage where it covered almost everything.

The minimum coverage to the extended coverage plan cost $600 and I'm glad I got the warranty. One time, I took my car to my mechanic's shop and when I turned it over to him, he called GWC to get approval to make the repairs. Then, I never heard another word back from him until it was time to come pick my vehicle up. Also, the only out-of-pocket cost was $100 activation fee which wasn’t terrible. The claim was for the A/C compressor and the repair took two days but that was mainly because my car is a BMW and the mechanic had to order the parts. Otherwise, it was within the normal range of getting a vehicle with an air-conditioning system repaired and the wait was worth it.

Everybody in my household has a BMW. It’s not an inexpensive vehicle to get repairs for because we'd be going through the dealership. But there’s so much covered in the GWC warranty that I wouldn't take a shock anymore when I take the vehicle into a repair. If all future claims go as easily as the first one I made, then I’m gonna do my business with GWC again if it’s available in the open market.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback, Clyde. Great to hear that you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018

Read the fine print! We purchased an extended warranty from GWC when we bought our truck. The transmission went out and needs replacement. GWC informed us that they will not pay to have the existing transmission rebuilt nor will they pay to have a new transmission put in. They said they located a used transmission (with 98000 miles on it) and that was what they will pay for. They told me that if I wanted the existing transmission rebuilt then I would have to cover the extra cost (which is more than double of what they would pay).

Also, (according to my mechanic) the amount they would pay did not cover the complete cost to install the used one. When I asked how they based what they would cover, they said that they used the "AllData Labor Guide" per terms of my contract. When I asked if I could see the guide, they said "no" but that I could call "AllData". When I called AllData, they told me that they are a paid service and that I would have to pay a fee and sign up to access that information. Therefore the full and true terms of our contract with GWC are not found solely in the contract itself. But instead, they are held in part by a third party source that we (even before signing) are not permitted to access unless we pay a fee.

GWC Warranty response

Aaron, I am sorry to hear about your transmission experience. I understand that major repairs like can make for a stressful time. As you have learned, the contract you purchased does cover parts of like kind and quality in the event of a repair. We do this to manage costs for you both when purchasing your initial contract and when completing repairs. Also, the AllData guide for parts and labor estimates is an industry standard by which most certified repair facilities abide as well, which is why we choose that source to help protect our customers from exorbitant repair costs. Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered during your repair. Should you encounter any other issues, we will be here to help you overcome those as well. Thank you for your message.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was very happy. The problem I had was very upsetting but was handled very professionally. The job got taken care of quickly with no misunderstanding. They was very Apologetic for what I had been through. I would strongly recommend them in the future and I will almost deal with them again in the future.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Damita. I'm glad to hear that we were able to help make a difficult situation a little bit easier for you.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My son's vehicle was an older one and had more miles on it. The dealership offered us a GWC service contract and it was a good experience with the dealer. They explained the coverage and helped us pick which one was the best protection plan for us. The cost is good. Filing a claim with GWC has been fine too. When there was something with the radiator, we submitted one and the auto place took care of it and GWC paid them. The repair took a day or two. Overall, GWC warranty service has been okay.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, James. If there is anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Original review: June 11, 2018

With a vehicle like the Mercedes, anything that breaks down is very expensive and I don’t want the big bills. I’ve never had my warranty run out on any of my vehicles. But GWC Warranty was the only one that Mercedes had available for me because of the year and the only choices I had were how many years I wanted it for. It wasn’t too outrageous, but it was reasonable. The finance manager was pretty good and he had knowledge on it. I can also call GWC on all my other vehicles directly. Something went wrong last month and I just took the vehicle into the dealership and they made the calls. The warranty part didn’t take long and it was the dealership that had to get the parts. So far, the experience has been good and I’d recommend GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your No Worries, Just Drive experience, George!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2018

I had a used vehicle and having GWC seemed like a pretty good idea. The people I bought the car from were a friend of a family and they highly suggested the warranty. Signing up was easy but I didn’t use the warranty too much so the cost was a little bit high. I didn’t have many issues with my car but I got to use it when I had a gasket blow out on my car.

I had a little bit of trouble with the coverage and it might have been because I hadn’t done anything quite like it before. I had to move my vehicle to another garage in order to get the actual coverage, which I understand. It was pretty expensive at $90 an hour and sensed that GWC didn’t want to cover it there. It took a while to complete the repair and it was under expectations but a lot of the issue was the length in trying to get a new engine. Talking to people and trying to get the claim took two weeks. But it worked out pretty well and it was alright.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Joshua. From time to time, we try to help you find a preferred service facility that operates within the labor rate at which your contract reimburses. We do this to help avoid any potential out-of-pocket costs. In the end, though, it's great to hear that your repair was completed and your car is back on the road. We hope you continue to enjoy it for many more miles to come!

Original review: June 7, 2018

They were very helpful and prompt with returning phone calls when it was made to them. They did not give us the runaround when it came to my vehicle being serviced. They were very professional each time we spoke with them. I would recommend them to anyone. They are very good company.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the compliments, Lashay! We're glad to hear you've had a smooth experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a used Ford Edge and I decided to buy a contract for it, and the dealer recommended GWC. Setting up a plan with the reps was great. We've taken the car to the dealer twice and everything was fine. GWC is a good company.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Elsy!

Original review: June 5, 2018

When I had the oil changed on my truck, it started creating a rattle. So, I filed a claim with GWC Warranty. I took the vehicle to the shop in less than a week then the guy there checked it out. He pulled the plug out and put a new one in there. But I came to find out that there was something inside it that messed up the motor. The warranty covered everything except for the cost of the timing kit. So, I still paid $1,100 for the motor. The guy that did the mechanical work on the truck submitted everything and he didn't have any problems. But GWC paid $4,700 for the repair and when it came right down to it, they could've gotten a new motor for $3,500. However, they said they didn't want to do that. Other than that, there was a return on the cam and there was a $100 deposit on it. The guy was supposed to come pick it up from Grand Rapids but it's still sitting at the shop.

With GWC, it feels good to have a truck. If something happens, the expense wouldn't come out of my pocket and that makes a big difference, especially if you're making a truck payment and your truck breaks down, then you gotta pay another $600-$700. I paid $1,100, but I got almost a brand-new motor out of it, so I have no complaint. I'm happy.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback, Richard! We hope you continue to enjoy your truck!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have a used vehicle and on the first year, I wanted to be sure things were going to be taken care of if something went wrong with it. I asked the auto dealer if he had an extended warranty and GWC Warranty was the one that he carried. It was easy to enroll with GWC but it was hard to use the warranty. When the air conditioner was out a little over a month ago, I filed a claim with them and their reps wanted to argue with the mechanic. It took a lot of negotiating on the mechanic's side and GWC's reps were dragging their heels not wanting to allow any of the repair. It made me doubt if the warranty was worth it.

But we finally got things resolved. GWC paid part of the repair cost and I ended up having to pay $400 out of what it was. So, I was still happy. But if they hadn't done anything, I would have been very dissatisfied with what I got because I paid for the warranty and it wasn't cheap, so I expected it to be something I could use. I started out paying $1,800 for it, then it went over $2,000. I could've paid for my repairs with that but I invested it in this warranty so that I would have some peace of mind and something as a back-up.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Jacquelyn and we apologize for any delays while we worked with your shop. Sometimes the discussions around parts and labor times require this additional dialogue, but please know that we do it to help protect our customers from expense wherever possible. We have decades of experience to know how much parts should cost and the labor times associated with repairs, so we are able to apply that knowledge in a way that helps control expenses for our customers. We're glad to hear your vehicle was repaired and we'll be here should you require any additional repairs.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Everything with GWC Warranty was immaculate including the interactions with the rep. The place where I bought the vehicle from didn’t require me to get a vehicle service contract and they sent us to an auto place in Walterboro, South Carolina. They gave me an option and if I wanted it, I had to pay a little extra. A warranty on anything is good and it's an advantage so I did that. I appreciate it and I want everybody to get what I had.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your No Worries, Just Drive experience, William!

Original review: June 1, 2018

The repair shop I bought the warranty at lied to me and didn't want me to use the warranty but GWC helped me get the needed repairs done! My truck needed a lot more work than the dealership had anticipated, and the dealership also told me whatever I do don't call the warranty company. Once I called the warranty company they fixed everything and assured me they will do the best they can to help me which they did.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Megan! We hope you enjoy that truck for many more miles to come!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I broke down in the middle of the road and a sheriff came up behind me. He called 911 to get me out of the road. I didn’t have time to call GWC to get it towed. So, I got it towed down there to the repair shop but GWC didn’t want to pay me. But the dealer got a hold of somebody and they paid $175 of it, but it cost me $300. And they wouldn’t want to cover anything but thanks to the dealer they did cover something. And then I had to get it towed again and I had to pay $75, and then I had to pay $26 out of pocket. But we got it resolved and everything was okay. Also, it feels good knowing that I’m covered.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, John.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

The vehicle is old and it had some rust issues. And the particular motor in that truck had some issues in other trucks. The dealership had the GWC warranty to offer me and they didn't have any others that I was aware of. So, I purchased GWC's vehicle service contract and their sales rep was very good. Recently, I had to file a claim on brakes. My experience was okay but they didn't absorb enough of the cost. Other than that, filing the claim was very easy and the reps I talked to were professional. The Ford dealership that I dealt with at the time took care of everything and the repair was completed in a couple of days. I was very satisfied.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Stephen.

Original review: May 27, 2018

When I bought the vehicle it already has the GWC warranty and when I dropped it for repair they called to get the ball rolling on getting it done. The repairs went great. The claims adjuster gave me all the information I needed and just basically took care of it for me. Since having GWC warranty I know that if anything goes wrong they're gonna be there and take care of it.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Dalton! It's great to hear that you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience!

Original review: May 26, 2018

When I purchased my vehicle, I came across GWC Warranty and purchased it at an auto sales place. My experience with the dealer when I purchased the service contract was great and simple. The reps explained exactly what it covers, how much it was gonna cost, and why it would benefit me to do it. They gave me all the paperwork and went step-by-step with me on how to file a claim and how to resolve all that. A month ago, I filed one claim as I had a brake issue. I called GWC and they told me to drop off the vehicle and have the mechanic call them. GWC quickly processed it and paid. The service of GWC was perfect. It was everything I expected it to be. Also, the cost was worth the service quality because I have a pick-up truck diesel and all the repairs on it are costly. I’m confident that if I experience any major problems, GWC will quickly process my claim and repair it.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Emanier! We hope you enjoy that diesel truck for many more miles to come!

Original review: May 25, 2018

GWC Warranty came through and I'm satisfied with them. The warranty came with my car. You need a warranty coming from purchasing your car. You need extended warranty and warranties that you can get because of the parts and the labor, and then when you buy an expensive car, that adds to it. Also, you guys get service and then they'd be talking about this ain't under warranty, that ain't under warranty. When I'm driving, I need to know if something's wrong or if something's out of the norm. And it's good to know the car, when we couldn't take it, we'd able be able to GWC Warranty what is wrong with it. Y'all better get 'em. They're gonna help you all out in the long run.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Sandra! We hope you get to enjoy your vehicle for many more miles to come!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I purchased my vehicle three years ago. It’s a used vehicle and my car salesman suggested having GWC Warranty for our car so we went with it. He had originally gotten us with another company and then he called me back a couple of days later. The car had 106,000 miles on it and a lot of companies weren’t after 100,000 but because this was a Lexus, he said that he got it qualified through GWC. They signed me up at the car dealership. They got it written into my loan and gave me the paperwork to sign and that was it. There was no shopping around on my part. I just followed the advice of a car salesman.

I’ve never had to deal anything with GWC until the claim that just happened this past week. My mechanic had written down the wrong mileage for the last claim. We had looked down on it. And so, the mechanic shop tried to say that it was out of warranty. I know I’m getting close, but I’m not out of warranty. So I ended up having to take a picture of my odometer and send it to somebody at GWC. My mechanic gave me the email that I needed to send the picture to. I asked them to please let me know that it had been received. And within 10 minutes, somebody emailed me back saying that it had been received. They ended up approving the claim. They were taking me out of expired warranty and they would be getting in touch with my shop to let them know to go ahead and do the work. It all went really well.

I’ve never had a problem with GWC and I wish it lasts forever. I used to take my vehicle to the Lexus dealership to do the work but they didn't want to. They just kept telling me that this isn’t covered. I don’t think they were dealing with a warranty company even though they claimed that they do. So then, when I started taking it to a different mechanic, all these things that had been building up that Lexus dealership was telling me was not covered, this mechanic got it all covered. Nevertheless, I would recommend GWC to my friends and would tell them that having GWC is worth the money. I don’t know what it’s actually costing me out of pocket per month but it’s just written into my loan and it didn’t jack my loan up all that much.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Peggy! We always try to go the extra mile to help customers when we can, and I'm glad to hear that was the case with your experience!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I wanted a warranty for my car to cover the eventuality that it would need expensive repairs. GWC was the warranty that was offered by the dealer and the experience has been horrible and I've been anything but happy with the warranty. GWC refused to authorize a warranty coverage for the work that was done on my vehicle even though it should have been authorized the first time. So, I took it to another service provider and they authorized the repair but they authorized it at the wrong dollar level. They only covered $70 an hour of labor and my warranty package is authorized to a $105 an hour. It still hasn't been resolved and I have a feeling that I'm going to get completely screwed when I pick up my car today. I'll wait 'til this warranty works itself out to see if it's resolved in my favor. If not, I would never recommend it.

GWC Warranty response

John, I am sorry to hear about your experience and I have escalated this to one of our claims managers to investigate this further. He will be in touch with you after looking into your matter and will be able to provide additional details. Again, I apologize for your experience and we will work to resolve this as best as possible. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

This is absolutely the worst!!! I bought what was suppose to be the best warranty #GWC for my BMW 335. The guy David ** I asked over and over about the exclusions and he said they are what they are on the sheet, which wasn't too much. I read them. They were wear and tear items. So I have my first visit to BMW and crap hits the fan. They didn't cover the whole cost of the claim. They say, "You can take it anywhere. You sure can and pay out of pocket all kinds of extra cost." They don't cover all the diagnostic cost, parts beside a main part no other little parts that connect to it or accessory parts with the main item. I spent more time arguing with them to pay little bit of it than my time has been worth.

4 days now arguing with this sorry company. David ** who works for GWC is a just a yes to get the sale!!! He is salary so he could care less what he sells and screws people over with! They are like every other warranty company. Useless. I have spent days arguing with them. First claim ever. They just hide behind paperwork that obviously is very well worded vague! He said, "We have been in business for years!!!" I'm sure you are when you screw people over and take the money then not want to pay what you're supposed to pay! #crooks #GWCWARRANTY #neveragain

GWC Warranty response

Joshua, I apologize for the experience you had with your most recent repair and the additional costs you feel should have been covered. In setting our reimbursement rates for labor costs, we rely on decades of experience and research of local markets to determine a fair labor reimbursement rate. Unfortunately, the shop you chose charges one of the highest labor rates in your area, which exceeded the rate at which your contract reimburses. We apologize for any ambiguity you felt existed in the components that were covered, but after researching your case, we feel that the claim paid in excess of $700 is in line with the coverage outlined on your contract. We'd be happy to walk through all of these policies with you if you'd like. You can reach a claims manager at 1-800-482-7357 x6111. Thank you for your message, and we look forward to helping clear up any misunderstandings.

No response received
Original review: May 21, 2018

I got the GWC warranty with the car that I bought and the salesman explained to me what the warranty was but it wasn’t that at all. So, my experience, at the beginning, was not what I expected it to be. When my car broke and my transmission went out, I had to come out of pocket over $400. And I wasn’t supposed to even have a deductible. And on top of that, I was told by the car salesman that there was a $5,000 budget towards the transmission and there wasn’t. I called the shop and it was $55,000 for a transmission. GWC paid $1,000 for a used transmission instead of me getting the rebuilt one. And then they didn’t really want to give me a warranty on the transmission for three months.

It was my first time to file a claim. The process of submitting my claim was fast, and I was to get a rental car too if the labor was eight hours. But my car was there for four days and I could not get a rental car because the labor was six points. The shop said it was 10 hours' worth of labor but the warranty said it was 6.5 hours' worth of labor. So, I had to borrow a car. I had kids in school so those were four days of putting me out of money and the situation put me in a bad space. I spoke to a rep during the claim process and he was really cut-and-dry. He was like, "This is what it is." I have Lincoln Navigator in the transmission and my navigator happens to be a BMW transmission. And him having a hard time finding the transmission that would pass for good some kind of warranty on it for me, was just not what I expected it to be. I wish that the warranty was explained to me a little better. Don’t let GWC be your first choice.

GWC Warranty response

Tamarra, I am sorry to hear about your experience. While your shop may have quoted you some different costs and labor times, our reimbursements are based on decades of experience with these kinds of repairs and we base our estimates on fair labor times and parts costs for needed repairs. I am sorry of this information was not communicated to you properly on our end and we will work to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. In the event of any future repairs, please feel free to reach out to us, and we would be happy to find a preferred service facility that works within standard labor rates and times. If there is anything else we can help with, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-482-7357. Thank you for your message.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I always buy used cars and I always buy warranties on them. It's proven to be a safety net that we enjoy having on our cars. We bought GWC Warranty because it was the one that the dealership pushed and said that the most comprehensive coverage was through their plan. Also, we bought it since I don't like the surprise of having a financial hit when something major goes wrong with the car. When purchasing the service contract, we saw the brochure and looked at the coverage. We also looked at the small print and the price and bought it.

I tried to get the dealership to come down on the labor cost to see what GWC would reimburse for later cost. Since my car was a BMW, the dealership charged $150 an hour, so GWC had a cap on it. That made sense to me but I still tried to get the dealership to come on their price and they wouldn't. We got it fixed nonetheless, and GWC covered what was expected.

So far, we have filed a claim for a bunch of things. The air conditioner wasn't cooling and the engine was cutting out so the car was in the shop for three weeks. I even tried to negotiate since I just bought the car from one of those smaller dealerships so it always had problems with it. It was good that the GWC warranty did not have any kind of 30-day waiting period so they covered it. Although there were some things that they wouldn't cover that made sense, there were some things I had to pitch in some money to fix it, even though the dealership should have fixed it before I bought the car. There shouldn't have been things wrong with the car.

And while the quality of the service is good, the cost is not something I can negotiate on. It is what it is. The only thing I can do is negotiate with the dealer and negotiate on different things with the selling dealer and the warranty. In my experience, it's always been positive when I look over the life of the cost of repairs that are covered by the warranty. I typically come out ahead over the life of going the vehicle so that's why I always get a warranty. All in all, GWC is a fine company and they should keep covering the claim as I keep submitting them.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Robert! It has been our pleasure to help with your repairs, and we will be here should you require any more unexpected mechanical failures with your BMW.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had a used vehicle and GWC was what was offered to me as an auto warranty provider and I would highly recommend them. I was going to another dealer and got there and things didn't go, so I went to South Deal and everything went well and right on schedule. But they gave me a pamphlet instead of explaining the coverage. When I took the vehicle in the first time, they called to ask me the reason for taking the car in and everything went from there. The claims were for the ABS light which was on and the StabiliTrak. Once they got the approval from GWC, they did the repairs the same day.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Jane! We hope your ABS light is no longer a problem and that you continue to drive you car confidently!

Original review: May 18, 2018

GWC Warranty had good rates and when I purchased the warranty from them, I had a fine experience. When I called in the claim for the engine, their reps explained everything and they provided me a repair shop to have it serviced with. The repair took over a week and a half because the engine that they had ready for that particular car is showing stuff and GWC didn't want to pay for that so the people at the repair shop helped GWC find another engine which took a little while.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Lisa and for your patience while we located the right engine for you. We hope you get to enjoy your vehicle for many more miles to come!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I got a car a couple of months ago and GWC Warranty came with it. I paid an extra $600. I was then given the paperwork for it. I used the warranty last week and because the shop I took the car to was associated with the place that I bought the car from, they were familiar with doing the claim and they did everything. I like the quality of the GWC Warranty service. It was useful and saved me money. Having the warranty definitely makes me feel better about needing car repairs. My $100 deductible was worth the number of repairs that needed to be done.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Jamie. It was our pleasure to help you have a No Worries, Just Drive Experience!

Original review: May 11, 2018

We bought a used vehicle and it was expensive, so we thought it was best to protect that investment with a warranty. The dealer that we were working with had several auto warranty providers that he worked with and when we looked them over, it appeared that GWC Warranty was the best of them overall, coverage-wise. I had the pamphlet and we flipped through it and checked everything - what was covered and what wasn’t. We had a different provider with my wife's Chrysler and so far, it hasn’t covered anything on hers. GWC is definitely better because it covered the only thing that we had on it.

I filed a claim for a collapsed lifter that was an engine issue and they covered it. It took one day to order the parts. They got them in so it was done in three days total and the repair was completed. The GWC Warranty service was fantastic. I was very pleased that everything was covered and it was done in a quick fashion. The only issue that I saw was that the hourly rate they allow for the mechanic's work is $70 and the GM dealership charges more so I had to cover the difference. But knowing that in the future, I won't go to the GM dealership, I'll go to somebody else that charges the $70 or somewhere thereabouts. I feel great since purchasing the GWC Service Contract. We took our vehicle on long trips and I was definitely more confident driving it. I would definitely recommend GWC and I would tell my friends what my situation was and how well I was taken care of.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Michael! I'm glad we were able to help get your repair done quickly. If you ever need help finding a shop that works within your contract's labor rate, feel free to reach out to us or use our online Find-A-Shop tool to located preferred service facilities in your area. Thanks again!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I had a problem with my 08 Escalade pulling to one side and my mechanic diagnosed the problem and after reviewing my warranty advises what he thought should be covered. After notifying GWC the parts we covered and I was not charged making the whole experience a lot less stressful. Thanks.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Jamie. It sure sounds like you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience! It was our pleasure to help get your Escalade back on the road!

Original review: May 2, 2018

If I purchase a used vehicle, I always like to go ahead and put the warranty on it just in case. Once I purchased my used vehicle, two or three years ago, I went ahead and purchased a service contract for it. GWC Warranty was recommended to me by the dealer that sold me the vehicle. I purchased the contract and the process was fine. I'm getting good quality of service from GWC. If I've got a claim, the gentleman who fixes my car and does all of my repairs, is the one who deals with them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Hugo! I'm glad to see that you've had a No Worries, Just Drive experience thus far!

Original review: May 1, 2018

To be on the safe side until I finish paying for my vehicle, I got my extended service contract from GWC Warranty. It was my first service provider and the sales dealer explained everything down to the T. I love the coverage they offered in the contract and its cost. I had to wait and listen to the different recordings to get a hold of them when I had a claim last month but they took care of the problem and I’ve had no more since then. GWC is good protection and I don’t foresee any problems with them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback, Arthur. We're glad to hear you had a No Worries, Just Drive Experience and we look forwarding to continuing to provide one for the duration of your contract!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I run a lot of miles. I run back and forth from up north down south each year so I didn’t want to get stuck on the road and not be able to have something fixed. The place that I bought the truck I’ve got suggested GWC Warranty. The coverage was explained to me by the dealer with no problems, plus I had all the paperwork anyway to go over it myself if I needed to. If they hadn’t explain it to me and I didn’t understand it I wouldn’t have done it. I’ve taken it back to them for a couple of things and everything went fine. What was supposed to be covered was covered, so there was no problem. I’d suggest it if somebody else asked me.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Thomas! We're glad to hear you had a great experience with your selling dealer as well as with your new service contract. We hope you enjoy your vehicle for many more miles to come!

GWC Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

GWC provides vehicle service contracts to drivers across the United States. They have protected over 8.5 million drivers and have 3,000 preferred service facilities in the country.

• GWC Warranty coverage: GWC offers exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage. Exclusionary coverage gives drivers the highest level of protection by covering hundreds of components, parts and systems. Stated component coverage protects specific parts and systems listed in your contract.

• Optional upgrades: You can opt to upgrade your coverage by adding things like your in-vehicle navigation system and sensors to your contract. Contact your selling dealer to find out all of your upgrade options.

• New and used protection plans: GWC Warranty has protection plans for new and used vehicles, even if your new vehicle is still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Transferrable coverage: Your GWC Warranty service contract can easily transfer to another car owner if you sell your vehicle. Follow the instructions for transferring your contract to a new owner on GWC Warranty’s website.

• GWC Warranty repair shops: Over 3,000 service facilities nationwide partner with GWC Warranty. Find your local repair shop on GWC’s website.

• Best for: drivers who want a vehicle service contract with easy access to partner repair shops.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information