3.14/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
  • High-mileage cars options
  • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
  • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

12/27/2018

The guy who sold me the car said GWC Warranty was the best. GWC treated me well and whatever was covered, they took care of it. I would use them again.

02/08/2019

I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Technology package
  • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

218 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had the regular warranty when I first bought my truck. The warranty puts me at ease to where if something major happens, I don’t have to come up with thousands to fix anything. When I went to have my service done on my vehicle, I asked the people there about warranties. They told me about GWC, and that’s when I purchased their warranty the first time. When the regular warranty ran out, I just kept buying the extended warranty. I just renewed my warranty with them and this time, somebody called me and I got a letter saying that my warranty was about to run out, so I called and ordered it again.

Wear and tear of the vehicle is my problem, but with GWC, I know my truck would be fixed if something happens. My vehicle has only been to the dealership for them to work on it, and I don’t take it to just anybody. I stay with one person so I know who’s working on my vehicle. If anything happens, I know one person that has done the job. If there are any repairs that need to be done on my vehicle, I take it to where I bought it. A couple of times my claim had something to do with the air conditioning. When I turned it on, it made a humming noise, so they fixed that. I take the truck to the dealership and if they find anything, they call it in and tell me that the warranty covers it.

The GWC warranty is really expensive. The first time I purchased a warranty, it was $2,500. This one was almost $5,000 and I put $500 down. I was gonna see if I could make the payments cheaper if I put more money down, but it would only be cheaper by $15 or $20 so it's not worth putting another $500 for that. Nonetheless, Steph the sales rep has been really helpful and courteous. I'd be at work and I’d ask him if he could call me back at this time, and by the time I got home, he was calling me back at the right time.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

GWC honored some repair work I had done on my BMW. I had an issue where the backup camera wasn’t working and I took it down to Wyoming Valley Motors in Wilkes-Barre. But then I got a call from the service department and they said GWC wouldn't cover the backup camera. It wasn’t part of the warranty. So I went off the rails. I fought with these guys for two days and it was a lot of aggravation. It got pretty nasty and intense. I actually drove down to Wilkes-Barre and talked to the finance manager. I had paid $5,000 for this and they sold me this warranty. I told him that they had to get it straightened out because I was not paying for it and I wanted it done right then.

Normally, I trade vehicles every three years but this is like a 640. It’s a lot of money. So I decided at the end of the lease to keep it. But I was over the mileage so I couldn't get the CPO from BMW and the finance manager there told me that this warranty was actually probably better than the BMW CPO. I told him to look me right in the face and tell me that, and I would take him at his word. So I ended up buying the GWC warranty. I’m pretty much sold on the pretense that I bought the best warranty I could. But in the situation that I had with Wyoming Valley Motors, they said no. I guess there is a level 1 warranty and I, more or less, got the level 2. But I told them I didn't care about the navigation system. I was more concerned about the drivetrain.

For that issue, I had a real bad experience to start with but at the end of the day, GWC took care of it. I don’t know whether Wyoming Valley Motors fought with GWC and GWC caved. But at the end of the day, I’m just happy that GWC covered it and that Wyoming Valley Motors got it covered. Somebody else, who had experience with it, told me that a lot of times, it depends on how much hold the dealer has with the warranty company. The bigger the dealer and the more business I do with them, the more GWC would be inclined to cover something. When I had some issues down here in Ferman BMW in Tampa, Florida, GWC covered everything. I don’t know whether there was an issue with the dealers and GWC covered this at Ferman because they do more business with Ferman than Wyoming Valley Motors. But it's nice to get what you paid for.

In summary, I’ve had two issues with GWC Warranty and one started off unpleasant but it ended up good, and the second one was fantastic. So I’ve had a good experience with GWC and I appreciate it. I would also certainly recommend it. So far, they’ve done everything they said they were gonna do. If I had to go through this situation again, I would certainly buy the extended warranty from GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Jack, thank you for the review and recommendation. We live up to our promises and believe in serving our customers best-in-class service and coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The dealership that suggested GWC seemed trustworthy, and they also didn't upcharge it a lot like a lot of other people do. They showed me what they pay for it, and what they were selling it to me for. My claims experience with GWC was smooth. The dealership where I took my car called, and they checked. But they were kind of a new dealership. And so, it took them a little bit of time to figure it out and to get it. They wouldn't release the car until it was paid. But I was under the impression that that warranty would work, and that they would work it out at some point. But I didn't know how quickly it could or couldn't work.

It was at Honda Weatherford in Texas. And they didn't get me a loaner car, but they only had the car one day. They fixed the power steering pump because it was really weak. They calculated that it was bad and then, they called GWC and explained it and then they got approval for it. GWC ordered the part from another dealership in Fort Worth and got it later that afternoon and was working on getting it finished. I was impressed they were able do all that.

Having a warranty is valuable considering I've had cars my whole life, and they've always broken down somewhere. I've had good experience with GWC, so far. And the car that I bought was in a good shape when I got it, but it ended up needing a few things. And I should have called, but I wasn't sure it needed a timing belt, and it hadn't been changed. And so, I had the fella change it before I took it over to get the power steering pump because it's sort of warrantied but only if it breaks. But if it breaks, the engine gets ruined. I know they don't cover preventive maintenance but it seemed like it would cost a lot more to the warranty company if it broke and it ruined the engine than if they were to fix it in the first place.

GWC Warranty response

Thomas, thank you for the review! You're right. Vehicles do break at certain points throughout their life cycle and it's safer to have a vehicle service contract in place to help with those repairs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The warranty came in handy. It came with the vehicle when I bought it and since I've had the car, everything has been replaced under my hood. The car is almost new. I'm gone a lot so my car sits a lot and about a couple of weeks ago, it had a new transmission, a control arm, a new radiator, a new thermostat and a new power steering pump put in. I've been fortunate to have GWC because that would have been a lot of money. I don't know how much my next warranty will cost me but they told me that they’re going to remind me by extending the warranty the second time. I would recommend them as well.

The only issue I have is with the people that I had to go to to get my car fixed. There's always something, even right now. Tomorrow, I have to take the car to the Chrysler dealership because I've had issues with it. But I just got my car last Wednesday night when I had to get a transmission. But then, I had also just picked it up on November when they had to put another motor in it. The only holdup is the third party too. As far as GWC themselves, I've had no problem with them. They're easy and real friendly to work with. They jump on top of everything. They told me to take the car back to the dealership, to make them fix what I paid them for. The gentleman I spoke with said he had also already pulled up the warranty. He said that if the car shuts off, it's something to do with the fuel tank. And every time I start it up, it does shut off. But he said GWC covered it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When I bought my car, the dealer told me they have an extra warranty for it. I asked how much it was so they told me and I said that I would take it because I have another car and it was the same model but different year. The purchasing experience was good. When the dealer explained the coverage, he just told me they provide that and if I have any problems, I can call GWC and tell them. They cover parts that they need to fix. The first time I had an issue was with the alternator and I filed a claim with them. I brought the car to shop and told the people there that I have insurance. I gave the information to them and they called the insurance. GWC's customer service was good. If there's a problem, there's a claim number and they send somebody to check and inspect the car.

The insurance people came, inspect and said that they will pay for it. They replaced that, but six months later, I got the same problem. I went back to the mechanic and asked them what was going on. I was told that they replaced the alternator. However, I asked the mechanic why do I have to replace it only six months later. He then told me that it was because the alternator I had is not a good one, just one of the cheaper ones.

I called the warranty people and said that I'm not happy because I checked how much they pay for the alternator. I then paid $100 for my deductible though the part is $200 only. The car is a Mercedes so it has to be replaced with a recent part. I told them that I don't want now a cheap part, I want a good one. Finally, they put something better and it took them a day to get my car back on the road.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Javier. We're sorry you had trouble with your alternator, but we hope you can now enjoy your Mercedes for many miles to come!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: July 19, 2019

On May 9th I took my vehicle in for ac repair and GWC wanted to use cheap aftermarket parts that would require me having to have the same repair done within a year or less. Well here it is 2.5 months later and my ac is out again because GWC denied the claim to replace the condenser but approved to have compressor replaced. Now they want to pay on $558 ONLY to replace the condenser but not the compressor. If GWC would have approved the overall parts replacement to start with we wouldn't be at this point. So when they replace the condenser the compressor is still not going to work and nor is the ac. Ridiculous and I've paid for this warranty and not going out like this with GWC without a fight. Small claims court, BBB and any other review sites that I can post on.

It's a darn heat wave going on where I live and I've been without my vehicle for 3 days because GWC has been giving the auto repair shop the runaround. Then GWC sent some non=employee of theirs out to inspect the vehicle like the repair shop is not honest. If GWC would have replaced everything recommended the first time on May 9, 2019 we wouldn't be here today.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

Bought the Powertrain plus warranty for my Hyundai Genesis. The Powertrain supposedly covers the turbo. But when a part on my turbo went out they said they don’t cover that specific part. Ridiculous, I wasted $500 on a warranty and now have to pay $600 to fix my turbo.

GWC Warranty response

Jarrett, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers and see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll send you a private message with more details. Thank you for your feedback.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

GWC came with our purchase of the vehicle, which was okay at first until we had to use them a couple of months ago. Because of a defective part that they cover, that defective part went and caused another problem. GWC said they covered the defective part which was a thermostat and not the other part which was the oil filter housing that was cracked due to the thermostat failing. They wouldn’t cover it, so out of $2,100, they only covered $14 on almost $100 of it. We were still left coming out our pocket.

GWC Warranty response

Marvin, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers but am unable to locate your contract based on the name provided here. Can you please share with me the first/last name on the contract or the last six digits of your VIN? Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2019

When we bought the truck, we needed to make sure to at least get something to cover it in case something were to happen. Purchasing from GWC was pretty quick, though if I had known that a lot of things that should be covered aren't covered, I would've gotten my husband a better plan. Still, when they refused to cover the evaporator coil over the air conditioning, the rep got it all straightened out. Overall I would consider checking out the different levels that cover certain things.

GWC Warranty response

Tammy, thank you for the review! You're right. We do have various coverage options available to our customers. If you have any questions surrounding your current coverage or an opportunity to upgrade, please give us a call.

Original review: June 15, 2019

GWC Warranty don’t cover anything. The dealer that I bought my car from said he was gonna give me a one-year warranty free, and he charged me $1,900. Maybe, there’s a reason why because they fixed the transmission. But when there was something wrong with the suspension and engine, they didn’t cover anything - just the transmission. Then I had to spend over $3,000 from out-of-pocket to fix the rest of the car.

GWC Warranty response

Norberto, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I am escalating your claim with one of our managers to see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll reach out to you with more details via private message. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I'm very disappointed that there's no refund on the warranty remaining after I sold my Jeep. The company I went through previously pro-rated the remaining balance and cut me a check. GWC charged the entire $2000 upfront (which I never had to use) & now that it's sold, the last 5 months- roughly $500 is just lining their pockets. I'd recommend NOT purchasing through any company that keeps your money even when you no longer own the vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Teresa, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers and return with more information to help alleviate your concerns. I will send you a private message with details once available. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 8, 2019

GWC was offered it to me and my son said I'd better get it, and I’m glad I did. The only problem I had was that after I bought it, I lost the transmission. They replaced it, but they wanted me to take the vehicle up to Harrisburg, and I said I can’t drive it that far. So, they just switched everything down to in Ebersole in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. They were very nice.

GWC Warranty response

Richard, thank you for the review! We are happy to help get you back on the road quickly.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I bought a used car and we were kinda nervous. GWC was offered and it was my first time doing the extended warranty service. The dealer did a pretty good job explaining everything. He had the warranty himself on some of his own vehicles. He told us all it covered. A month or two ago I called GWC’s roadside. They came, got me, and took my truck to the dealership. The dealership filed the claim. But I spoke to a customer service rep and she told me exactly what to do. I gave the number to the guy at the dealership and they just took care of it. The repairs were done in a day and a half. GWC paid for everything but the belt. They did an awesome job and it was a really good experience.

GWC Warranty response

Jesse, thank you for your review. We very much value customer feedback and are happy to help get you back on the road quickly.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I purchased MB C300 4matic in March 28 2019 with Exclusionary warranty for 36 months or 38500 miles. After six weeks car broke down 80 miles from the place a leave- gas line starts leaking. I was towed to nearby MB dealer only 2 miles away. MB dealer service advisor contact representative from GWC with statement that gas line was rusted. GWC response was that they don’t cover rusted parts without anyone check or contact me to discuss. I had no choice, I let the dealer fix the car, now I am stuck with $ 2,960 bill including parts and all taxes. Cost of the part was roughly $ 70 and labor was over $ 2,600. Dealer charge is $ 175 per hour so if I did the math, the total labor was approximately 15 hrs.

Couple days ago I did go over the contract application with GWC and after conversation with GWC representative I find out that they basically don’t cover anything. Be careful before you sign anything, I decided cancel the agreement with GWC ASAP. “NO WORRIES, JUST DRIVE“.

GWC Warranty response

Daniel, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers to see how we can help alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I'll send you a private message. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I filed a claim when the transmission went out and GWC paid a percentage of it. When I signed up, I thought it was supposed to be a full powertrain coverage on it. The problem was with the powertrain but I had to come out of pocket.

GWC Warranty response

Lakisha, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim to one of our managers to better understand what may have happened and set the expectation on what is and isn't covered in your contract. If something wasn't covered and should have been, we will certainly correct it right away. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Car was over-heating. Mechanic verified the heater core was restricting flow/blocked. It cannot be flushed and has to be replaced. GWC says they don't cover because it's blocked and not a mechanical failure. When else does a heater core fail? It's failing to do its intended job of being able to use heat and defrost. A couple other items failing, but not yet completely failed, so not covered. I'm sure a response of "If you read the terms and conditions" "blah, blah" is coming, but my daughter's first car experience is becoming a nightmare.

GWC Warranty response

John, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. I would like to look into to your claim to see if there is anything we can do to alleviate your concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Right after the sale of the vehicle, the dealership suggested that I purchase a service contract if I wanted to be covered for the next two years and 26,000 miles. It was a great idea and they told me that GWC Warranty was the best, so I'm with them. I had a claim about two months ago. The tread wasn’t running right and they had to make some adjustments and fix the cam. GWC dealt with the dealership more so than me. But when it came to me, it was pretty simple. It was fairly basic with the rep I dealt with and it wasn't tough at all. They let me know where we stood. They did a terrific job and my out of pocket cost was a lot less than it would’ve been had I not purchased it. So, I was very pleased. I was very pleasantly surprised and they did an awesome job on almost everything.

GWC Warranty response

Timothy, thank you for the review. We are here to provide customers like you best-in-class coverage to get you back on the road quickly. The feedback is appreciated and is helpful to other customers.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I bought a car from a dealer in Port Jervis, NY. I was told when I purchased the car that I had 3 months to purchase the extended warranty. After the second month I had saved up enough money to get the warranty. GWC accepted the contract and my money but when my transmission went 9 days after I got the warranty they refused to cover anything and dropped me as a client. They did give me a full refund but that does not help me. They should never have accepted me as a client in the first place if they had no intention of honoring the contact. Sharief **. Montague, NJ.

GWC Warranty response

Sharief, I am sorry to hear about your experience. You're right. We should have never accepted the partnership if we didn't find it to be a good fit. I would like to escalate your claim to see what happened in order to alleviate your concerns and help others in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had something done with my vehicle about three weeks ago and I used GWC. I took it to Goodyear, and they told them what was wrong with the Jeep. They submitted everything, but they had my Jeep for about a month. I didn’t know what was going on. It started frustrating me. They gave me a loaner for the week. I had the loaner for about seven days and then turned it back in because they told me the vehicle was gonna be ready within the next two or three days. And I have two other vehicles. But I caught myself saving up money, so it wasn’t a big deal. GWC was excellent.

GWC Warranty response

Leroy, thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear about your frustration but am happy to help you get back on the road. We're here if you need us again!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I got a truck from Canada and right from the get-go, GWC didn’t wanna pay for the repairs. 80 percent of the time, half of the stuff that I went through wasn’t covered. It has been about eight grand that has been put into this truck and I’ve had to pay a lot of it myself. It has been nothing but issues, problems and hassles. I’ve had to make deals for things that weren’t even relevant. There were things that we would fight with that eventually got covered and there were things that weren’t. I’ve had my oil lines, injectors, injector harness and radiator replaced. I had my fuse box replaced and that wasn’t covered either. Also, when I was in the process to get my truck fixed, half of the time I couldn’t even get them to pay for my rental.

When I bought the truck, it was all right. The moment I pulled it off the lot, my check engine light came on. The truck had a misfire and they wouldn't cover it. The truck started falling apart and they kept saying that it was just wear. How could I wear it out when I’ve only had the truck since September? I’m very frustrated. I’ve had nothing but issues and problems with this truck and nothing is covered. I tried calling them to talk to them about all of this. I’ve even asked them to let me talk to their manager and they put me on hold for over an hour and a half. GWC isn’t worth getting.

GWC Warranty response

Nikolas, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to escalate your claim with one of our managers and see how we can alleviate your concerns. Once I have more information, I will send you a private message. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I purchased my 2010 Volkswagen CC in August 2018 along with a GWC Warranty. In September 2018 we started to have trouble with the transmission, GWC told me the name of an authorized repair shop to bring it to, we needed a new transmission. The first transmission that GWC had sent over was not good, the repair shop notified GWC and had to go back and forth with them for a week in order for them to have another transmission sent over, they finally agreed to do it. That transmission was installed and it still was not 100% but the repair shop said to drive it around a bit and see how it goes. I did contact GWC right away regarding my policy being extended being it was due to them taking so long and having to send a second transmission that I didn’t even have the car to use for 3 weeks.

Long story short, today we had to have the car towed due to the transmission that we did not even put 5000 miles on, I called GWC and was told that there is absolutely no warranty on the transmission that they had replaced being I do not have a contract with them anymore. I talked to several places and the transmission should have a warranty, I understand that I may have to pay for labor again but for a new transmission is ridiculous. They’re just sending out crap parts to temporarily fix the situation that they don’t cover. I do not recommend for anybody to purchase a GWC Warranty. I will be contacting an attorney.

GWC Warranty response

Deborah, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to look into your claim to see how we can help alleviate this situation and make it better for customers moving forward. Once I have more information, I will send you a private message. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 29, 2019

My first auto claim with GWC Warranty was pretty bad. When my alternator went out, I took my car to an authentic BMW auto shop where they were going to replace it with an authentic BMW alternator. However, GWC said that they would only cover $500 because they saw that there was a part out there that was worth $500. It sucked that I had to pay $500 out-of-pocket as well as for the oil changes when I paid for the warranty already. As far as the coverage goes, it was a waste of time. Their customer service has been okay though. When my alternator first went out and my vehicle broke down on the side of the road, I called in and they were able to get a tow truck dispatched to me in a timely manner. They’ve always been polite and kept a professional manner.

GWC Warranty should outline the fact that they won’t cover certain manufacturer parts. They said that it was part of their policy that they can replace your part with a new or used part. They leave it kinda broadened. It was a grey area when they said that they could replace the part with a new one from the BMW dealership, but they were choosing not to. They were gonna replace it with another part. They should remove that gray area and go into more detail about what they are willing to replace, what they aren’t willing to replace, and the amount that they’re willing to cover.

GWC Warranty response

Owen, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for the feedback on adding clarity to our contracts regarding coverage on manufacturer's parts. We take our customers feedback seriously as we continue to improve our customer experience every day.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We got extra coverage for our truck as it seems that we don’t have the best of luck with vehicles, so any sort of coverage to help us out is great. GWC came highly recommended by the dealership where we purchased our truck from, and so we opted for it. Unfortunately, we didn’t even have the truck for 24 hours and the transmission went out. But we were very pleased that things went well and it was fixed quicker than what we expected. We were able to pick the truck up and haven’t had any problems since.

GWC Warranty response

Breana, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear your truck is back on the road! With GWC Warranty, it's No Worries, Just Drive.

Original review: April 23, 2019

GWC Warranty was recommended by the car lot I bought my car from and I have been with them since June 11, 2018. My experience has been great so far. The reps helped me out when I had a claim for my transmission and it took them two weeks to process it from start to finish. They were great and their customer service was great as well. Their cost is all wrapped up in the price of my car and it works. It is also good to the quality of their service.

GWC Warranty response

Natalie, thank you for your review. We are happy to get you back on the road quickly and provide you with a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: April 22, 2019

When I bought my vehicle, GWC Warranty was available. The reps were able to explain to me all the benefits and claims process well. So far, I only had one claim to them and the auto repair shop dealt with it. They were able to take care of it the same day. The quality of service that I received was fine.

GWC Warranty response

Mark, thank you for the review. We strive to provide a clear understanding on what's covered and not-covered in our vehicle service contracts. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I called Haynes Motor for the vehicle I was interested in, and the guy asked me if I wanted a warranty with it. He then gave me GWC. Haynes helped me out with them. The benefits was pretty winnable. The service agent said some mechanics were just too much, and they didn’t always approve their pricing. So, certain mechanics didn’t take it. My wife had it on her Volkswagen, and then when she went somewhere, they were pretty helpful with everything.

I have filed a claim once and the warrantly company was pretty fast. The mechanic gave me more problems than the warranty company did. He was kind of taking long giving me what I need to get the claims started. The warranty is a protection in a sense. The problem that I had with my vehicle was it wasn’t part of the warranty. It was more like something with the frontend. My warranty didn’t cover that so that was pretty disgusting. But, other than that, for the part that they did cover, it was a safety net.

GWC Warranty response

Daniel, thank you for the review. You're right. We are kind of like a safety net for our customers. With GWC Warranty, it's No Worries, Just Drive.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased my GWC warranty with my vehicle and it was easy. It was recommended at the dealership. The cost of the service compared to the quality is definitely fair. However, when the dealership tried to contact GWC, GWC didn’t get back to them for a month and a half, which was ridiculous. I went through five quarts of power steering fluid during that time. Things were smooth after GWC got back with them though.

GWC Warranty response

Timothy, thank you for the review. We are happy to provide you a No Worries, Just Drive experience. Us not being responsive to a dealership is unacceptable. We are looking into what happened to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 13, 2019

GWC Warranty was offered at the dealership that I bought my car at and I didn’t really know about any other place, so I signed up with them. So far, my experience with them has been pretty good. They completely fixed my motor in my car that blew up and the process was pretty easy. The coverage was good and I never had any problem with the mechanic I went to. I was pretty happy and they didn’t fight me on anything. Everybody was friendly and nice. There was also one lady who helped me understand everything about the warranty and how the company works.

GWC Warranty response

Bridget, thank you for the review. We strive to provide our customers with best-in-class service and coverage. With GWC Warranty, it's No Worries, Just Drive.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I got extended coverage, as I figured it would come in handy with the age and cost of my truck. I went with GWC Warranty and I was very grateful that I bought it. Within six months, I needed a $1,600 job as all of my bushings were out in the front, so then the dealership filed a claim with GWC. I don't know what I would have done without the coverage. I would recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Zona, thank you for the recommendation! We are happy to hear your car is back on the road. With GWC Warranty, it's No Worries, Just Drive.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Even though we had the Platinum plus warranty that cost several thousand dollars, GWC refuses to cover the full cost of the OEM Suspension springs in my BMW. They claim Aftermarket springs cost less, even though the BMW dealership specifically informed us that those could cause more damage later. They do not care about any damage that can occur due to non-standard equipment. Definitely never getting coverage with them ever again even though both my other vehicles are due for renewal. Was lucky this happened before I renewed my warranties. The dealership in Jacksonville no longer accepts them either due to failure of non-payment. STAY AWAY!!!

GWC Warranty response

Vikas, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to escalate your claim with one of our managers to see if there is anything we can do to alleviate your concerns. Thank you for your feedback.

GWC Warranty Company Information