Avoca, PA

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We've had the GWC Warranty policy for almost a year now. … We've used it for a claim and the dealer that fixed our vehicle took care of everything. They dealt with them. GWC was r...

Verified

GWC is a really good insurance. The people were very nice and polite. ... When I had a claim, the transaction was great. … And so, I even went back to the place where I bought the...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers two coverage plans for new or used vehicles: Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage. Plans are transferable if you decide to sell the vehicle, and information on renewals and upgrades is available through the company’s website.

Exclusionary Coverage
    With Exclusionary Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Protection for hundreds of components (similar to a factory warranty)
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 150,000 miles
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage
    Stated Component Coverage
    With Stated Component Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Mechanical breakdown coverage, including parts and labor
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 200,000 miles
    • 24/7 roadside assistance
    • Rental transportation
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with anywhere from 0 to 200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you're covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30 to 60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available on its website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to your local dealership to get a quote. GWC Warranty does not sell its plans directly to the public.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs (minus the deductible). GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

GWC Warranty FAQ

How much does GWC Warranty cost?
    GWC Warranty does not list its prices online because they depend on both the coverage plan you choose and the make, model and age of your vehicle. You can call GWC Warranty to get additional information about coverage plans, as well as pricing based on your vehicle’s condition.
    How many plans does GWC Warranty offer?
    GWC Warranty offers two coverage options. Exclusionary Coverage is available for vehicles with mileages as high as 150,000. Stated Component Coverage is available for vehicles with under 200,000 miles.
    Can I purchase a warranty contract from GWC Warranty directly?
    No, GWC Warranty works directly with authorized dealerships across the United States and does not sell directly to the public. If you have recently purchased a vehicle or are looking to purchase a vehicle soon, check if GWC vehicle service contracts are available near you.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased, so there's no wait. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero-deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for those who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: May 10, 2022

So far this GWC has been useless. First experience I had a caliper lock up in the rear and all they would cover is that caliper and labor. The caliper locking up caused other things to need to be replaced such as rotor and pads and since it was the brakes you have to do both sides. none of that was covered. Basically what they would have covered was $120 and with the $100 deductible it would have saved me 20$ on a several hundred dollar repair. Second experience the rear evaporator started leaking AC. This one needs to be done by a dealer so they have a set price on labor which is about 40$ an hour short of what a dealer charges. Also had the same issue as the first where they would cover the part (evaporator) and labor (at their rate) but not all the lines, refrigerant, dye check, etc.

Basically they would have paid $800 and I would be left to cover the $1900 remaining. So instead of getting the issue fixed by my warranty I am going to pay $800 (instead of 1900) to get the rear AC capped off so only the front works. Buy this warranty if you want just know they are not going to cover anything except that specific part and labor and there is almost always other things that need to be done as a result of the issue.

Original review: March 16, 2022

In Dec. 2021 I noticed the Avalanche I recently purchased was using a quart of oil every 900 miles. I replaced the spark plugs to isolate the issue. I took the truck to shop #1 who didn't perform and diagnostics as asked. While driving one day the no oil pressure/shut off engine now warning came on. I pulled over and called to have it towed. Shop #2 found serious issues: smoking out tail pipe and heard a lot of noise coming from engine due to no oil pressure. GWC was informed and asked to have engine removed and taken apart to find the issue. I was sent to shop #3 because that shop didn't perform that type of work. Shop #4 discovered: piece of piston ring on piston, cylinder scoring, gouging and fuel wash in cylinder 7. Also discovered pieces of metal (some large) while draining the oil. GWC wanted a complete tear down of the engine.

March 3rd I received an email stating "We cannot in good conscience move forward with a complete tear down because we don't believe GWC will honor the warranty" and I should sell the truck and absorb the loss of thousands of dollars. I received a call 3/15 from GWC stating my bill was paid for and I should have the truck towed elsewhere. Knowing I didn't approve such action, I called the shop. The service manager stated he wasn't paid and even if he was I would still owe a balance. Had I towed the truck, I could have been arrested for theft of services. GWC and their adjuster have seen images and videos of the damage taken with a boroscope. The adjuster has seen the damage and has held the pieces of metal. Yet, here I sit making payments on a truck I haven't seen since December and 10 ASE certified technicians telling me the engine needs replaced but GWC refuses to honor the warranty I purchased.

GWC Warranty response
    Hi Rich, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me with your contract number or the last six digits of your VIN so we can look into your claim?

GWC Warranty

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I have received several bright and colorful postcards reminding me that my coverage will expire. I didn't remember that I had this service so I called GWC and was told that VANOS Solenoids will not be covered. In speaking with the dealership they stated that this is a known issue with my car. In speaking with GWC, the sales rep was trying to sell me on renewing my coverage and told me that I will wish I had it when large issues happen. If I cant trust you with my current issue, why would I even consider renewing?

I have GWC on two cars which was activated as a courtesy by the dealerships that I bought my vehicles from. The coverage is worthless and confirm and affirm why I have never believed in extended warranties, especially for vehicles and have never directly purchased such coverage. Google this company and lack of coverage is more common than the reviews that state they did cover something. The hassle of time and energy is not worth it. This is my second review of this company for the same issue especially since they keep sending me reminders as if they have done something for me. My first review was on google but their google profile has mysteriously disappeared. Even when I wrote my google review, I was contacted by the review with the same appearances of concern as the other reviews showing GWC reaching out but after giving them my contract number, I never heard anything back. It is all for show.

GWC Warranty response
      Hi Daniel, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me with your contract number or the last six digits of your VIN so we can look into your claim?

GWC Warranty

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have done a bit of research at this point and spoke with GWC numerous times attempting to escalate my claim. It was advised by my trusted local auto mechanic shop that the Engine Oil Cooler is leaking. The part itself is leaking not the gasket. This is not caused by lack of maintenance or excessive wear and tear. They are refusing to cover it under the Powertrain Plus warranty. Reviewing a handful of other policies for high mileage extended warranty plans I see this part is typically covered.

Part #: 21311AA140
      Price: $304.68

Total service: ~$400

GWC Warranty response
      Hi Jesse, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me with your contract number or the last six digits of your VIN so we can look into your claim?

GWC Warranty

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

You’d think that ‘No Worries, Just Drive’ means what it says, but that’s how they get you. I’m posting this because my experience with GWC Warranty is off to a terrible start. I bought a used 2010 Subaru Forester a little over two weeks ago, and the dealership sold me on an Essential level warranty. I figured sure, that sounds like a good deal, if anything goes majorly wrong I’m good. The Subaru had under 80,000 miles, so I figured I wouldn’t even need the warranty. I was wrong.

About a week ago, my engine had a catastrophic meltdown due to a blown head gasket, which is a covered item. I stopped the car when I saw the overheating warning and got it towed to my house, just like you’re supposed to under the warranty. A day or two later it was towed to a GWC preferred facility. The mechanic and the third-party inspector both agreed that the meltdown was due to a blown head gasket and the engine needed to be replaced. So it was a surprise when the mechanic called and said GWC wanted a full engine teardown. The mechanic is pushing back, saying it’s obvious that the head gasket blew and caused severe damage and the whole engine needs to be replaced.

I called GWC, and they said they didn’t care. GWC claimed the inspector actually recommended a teardown, despite the mechanic stating the inspector agreed that the damage was from overheating due to a failed head gasket. Given that there’s numerous reviews of GWC stating that they’re laser-focused on tearing apart your engine no matter what, I believe the mechanic.

I’m posting this for two reasons, one selfish and the other a little more altruistic. First, I want GWC to hold up their end of the bargain and fulfill the terms of the warranty that I paid for without putting me through the wringer. It’s unacceptable that they sent me to their own mechanic and then turn around and claim that their own mechanic’s assessment isn’t adequate. Second, I want everyone who’s reading this, both dealerships and customers, to think long and hard before giving GWC your business and money. Dealers, you should give your customers the best experience possible and pick another warranty company. Fellow car owners, save yourself the headache and just say no to GWC. If they make this right without making my life hell, then I’ll update this post. Until then, stay away from GWC Warranty.

GWC Warranty response
      Hi Aaron, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me with your contract number or the last six digits of your VIN so we can look into your claim?

GWC Warranty

Original review: July 22, 2021

I am new to the used car market warranty area but am very surprised by my recent experience. I purchased a power train warranty for a jeep from GWC. The first issue I have is a seizing front brake caliper. Apparently, due to the failure of the caliper, the pads and rotor need replacement. GWC will cover the caliper but not the pads and rotors. Seems like something that would be taken care of if the damaged caliper is the reason behind the need for rotor and pads.

GWC Warranty response
      Tom, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please provide me with your contract number or the last six digits of your VIN so we can look into your claim?

GWC Warranty

Original review: July 21, 2021

I bought a 2008 BMW back in May off this Small dealer, they offered me GWC warranty stating they were top end warranty and by the looks the their pan flip and little booklet I was convinced I would be safer on the road knowing they had my back! So I went ahead and purchased the warranty. 2 weeks later I noticed my car started overheating and Shaking really hard when I came to a stop, also my engine was making a knocking sound. I took it to a nearby mechanic shop, They told me the engine needed to be replaced and some minor parts as well.

Me and My Mechanic have been reaching out to the insurance of this issue and they have not approved the request to proceed and cover my Vehicle. They, for some reason do not want to pay the fee and cover me with this, it’s been 2 months of trying to get them to approve so my mechanic can go ahead and start working on my car. Dear GWC if you are reading this Please reach out to me. This is Unacceptable!!

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Samuel, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: July 9, 2021

Do not buy into this companies used vehicle warranty **. Scam! If it’s a worn out component they will deem it pre existing. Covered first day, first mile is false advertising. Just Drive, No Worries. Well I’m worrying because this company has refused to replace the steering box on a used truck that I purchased. My essentials policy plainly states will repair steering box. Steer far away from this company!

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Jerry, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: July 1, 2021

Updated on 7/15/2021: Now AAMCO is unable to contact to get an approval. They were on hold for over an hour yesterday and had to hang up. They have a business to run and stay on hold for over an hour. There has to be a better way to get an approval, this entire time I don't have my car.

Original Review: GWC is requiring me to pay the sales tax on the replacement parts, the repair shop said they never heard of this before, is this normal operations? I never heard of this before, The "exclusionary" coverage was to be their best full coverage and now not only the deductible but I also have to pay the sales tax, come on.

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Martin, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: May 13, 2021

GWC Warranty: Did contact form on their website 4 business days ago, but no response... Purchased 2009 Dodge Journey: 7/21/2018. Purchased the Powertrain Plus Coverage via sale from Salesman. 5/29/2019 Needing bushing, bearings, etc, tried to get approval (all denied). Out of pocket cost 1813.36. Shop tried real hard. No luck. 7/31/2019 EGR valve replacement 375.50. 3/23/2020: Heater hose, battery 692.87. 11/11/2020 Brakes replaced. Did cover 429.60. (Still owed $630.) 12/18/2020 Starter 450.00. 4/21/2021 Rough engine, service light on. Replaced EGR valve 478.71. 4/23/2021 Still not running right. Took back to shop. Replaced crank sensor. No coverage for it 692.68. Still not fixed, shop recommended take to dealership. 4/28/2021 Timing Belt total cost 1118.45 (was told it was covered) but had to show service records of oil change. Provided 8/23/18 98263. 2/28/19 103913. 12/30/19 113000. 8/17/20 118, 292. 4/21/2021 122000.

Had to prove oil record between 2/28/19 and 12/30/19 due too much mileage. This oil change done by husband due to it being in shop in May and July 2019 too so save money. For it to be covered had to have receipt for oil, filter, mileage documentation. Could not find what they required. Claim Denied. Warranty expires in July, they keep sending me mailings to renew now and save $400. I guess my question is why...but the bigger question is how they deny so many things that are mentioned in the contract as covered, but due to lack of documentation. But they can take $1695 from me, on a vehicle they had no service records for. Save your money!

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Erin, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

GWC Warranty Company Information