3.20/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
  • High-mileage cars options
  • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
  • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

The guy who sold me the car said GWC Warranty was the best. GWC treated me well and whatever was covered, they took care of it. I would use them again.

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Technology package
  • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had the regular warranty when I first bought my truck. The warranty puts me at ease to where if something major happens, I don’t have to come up with thousands to fix anything. When I went to have my service done on my vehicle, I asked the people there about warranties. They told me about GWC, and that’s when I purchased their warranty the first time. When the regular warranty ran out, I just kept buying the extended warranty. I just renewed my warranty with them and this time, somebody called me and I got a letter saying that my warranty was about to run out, so I called and ordered it again.

Wear and tear of the vehicle is my problem, but with GWC, I know my truck would be fixed if something happens. My vehicle has only been to the dealership for them to work on it, and I don’t take it to just anybody. I stay with one person so I know who’s working on my vehicle. If anything happens, I know one person that has done the job. If there are any repairs that need to be done on my vehicle, I take it to where I bought it. A couple of times my claim had something to do with the air conditioning. When I turned it on, it made a humming noise, so they fixed that. I take the truck to the dealership and if they find anything, they call it in and tell me that the warranty covers it.

The GWC warranty is really expensive. The first time I purchased a warranty, it was $2,500. This one was almost $5,000 and I put $500 down. I was gonna see if I could make the payments cheaper if I put more money down, but it would only be cheaper by $15 or $20 so it's not worth putting another $500 for that. Nonetheless, Steph the sales rep has been really helpful and courteous. I'd be at work and I’d ask him if he could call me back at this time, and by the time I got home, he was calling me back at the right time.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

GWC honored some repair work I had done on my BMW. I had an issue where the backup camera wasn’t working and I took it down to Wyoming Valley Motors in Wilkes-Barre. But then I got a call from the service department and they said GWC wouldn't cover the backup camera. It wasn’t part of the warranty. So I went off the rails. I fought with these guys for two days and it was a lot of aggravation. It got pretty nasty and intense. I actually drove down to Wilkes-Barre and talked to the finance manager. I had paid $5,000 for this and they sold me this warranty. I told him that they had to get it straightened out because I was not paying for it and I wanted it done right then.

Normally, I trade vehicles every three years but this is like a 640. It’s a lot of money. So I decided at the end of the lease to keep it. But I was over the mileage so I couldn't get the CPO from BMW and the finance manager there told me that this warranty was actually probably better than the BMW CPO. I told him to look me right in the face and tell me that, and I would take him at his word. So I ended up buying the GWC warranty. I’m pretty much sold on the pretense that I bought the best warranty I could. But in the situation that I had with Wyoming Valley Motors, they said no. I guess there is a level 1 warranty and I, more or less, got the level 2. But I told them I didn't care about the navigation system. I was more concerned about the drivetrain.

For that issue, I had a real bad experience to start with but at the end of the day, GWC took care of it. I don’t know whether Wyoming Valley Motors fought with GWC and GWC caved. But at the end of the day, I’m just happy that GWC covered it and that Wyoming Valley Motors got it covered. Somebody else, who had experience with it, told me that a lot of times, it depends on how much hold the dealer has with the warranty company. The bigger the dealer and the more business I do with them, the more GWC would be inclined to cover something. When I had some issues down here in Ferman BMW in Tampa, Florida, GWC covered everything. I don’t know whether there was an issue with the dealers and GWC covered this at Ferman because they do more business with Ferman than Wyoming Valley Motors. But it's nice to get what you paid for.

In summary, I’ve had two issues with GWC Warranty and one started off unpleasant but it ended up good, and the second one was fantastic. So I’ve had a good experience with GWC and I appreciate it. I would also certainly recommend it. So far, they’ve done everything they said they were gonna do. If I had to go through this situation again, I would certainly buy the extended warranty from GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Jack, thank you for the review and recommendation. We live up to our promises and believe in serving our customers best-in-class service and coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The dealership that suggested GWC seemed trustworthy, and they also didn't upcharge it a lot like a lot of other people do. They showed me what they pay for it, and what they were selling it to me for. My claims experience with GWC was smooth. The dealership where I took my car called, and they checked. But they were kind of a new dealership. And so, it took them a little bit of time to figure it out and to get it. They wouldn't release the car until it was paid. But I was under the impression that that warranty would work, and that they would work it out at some point. But I didn't know how quickly it could or couldn't work.

It was at Honda Weatherford in Texas. And they didn't get me a loaner car, but they only had the car one day. They fixed the power steering pump because it was really weak. They calculated that it was bad and then, they called GWC and explained it and then they got approval for it. GWC ordered the part from another dealership in Fort Worth and got it later that afternoon and was working on getting it finished. I was impressed they were able do all that.

Having a warranty is valuable considering I've had cars my whole life, and they've always broken down somewhere. I've had good experience with GWC, so far. And the car that I bought was in a good shape when I got it, but it ended up needing a few things. And I should have called, but I wasn't sure it needed a timing belt, and it hadn't been changed. And so, I had the fella change it before I took it over to get the power steering pump because it's sort of warrantied but only if it breaks. But if it breaks, the engine gets ruined. I know they don't cover preventive maintenance but it seemed like it would cost a lot more to the warranty company if it broke and it ruined the engine than if they were to fix it in the first place.

GWC Warranty response

Thomas, thank you for the review! You're right. Vehicles do break at certain points throughout their life cycle and it's safer to have a vehicle service contract in place to help with those repairs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The warranty came in handy. It came with the vehicle when I bought it and since I've had the car, everything has been replaced under my hood. The car is almost new. I'm gone a lot so my car sits a lot and about a couple of weeks ago, it had a new transmission, a control arm, a new radiator, a new thermostat and a new power steering pump put in. I've been fortunate to have GWC because that would have been a lot of money. I don't know how much my next warranty will cost me but they told me that they’re going to remind me by extending the warranty the second time. I would recommend them as well.

The only issue I have is with the people that I had to go to to get my car fixed. There's always something, even right now. Tomorrow, I have to take the car to the Chrysler dealership because I've had issues with it. But I just got my car last Wednesday night when I had to get a transmission. But then, I had also just picked it up on November when they had to put another motor in it. The only holdup is the third party too. As far as GWC themselves, I've had no problem with them. They're easy and real friendly to work with. They jump on top of everything. They told me to take the car back to the dealership, to make them fix what I paid them for. The gentleman I spoke with said he had also already pulled up the warranty. He said that if the car shuts off, it's something to do with the fuel tank. And every time I start it up, it does shut off. But he said GWC covered it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

First I must make clear, I am reviewing from 2 points of view. As I am both a customer and a service repair provider. There are poor warranty companies out there, but GWC is not one of them. I have read negative reviews that clearly show a total lack of understanding about coverage, as well as warranty holders making poor selections in repair facilities. We have succeeded in opening and submitting and being paid for many claims to this company. As long as the coverage is correct and the repair facilities are honest it is one of the easiest warranty providers to deal with. I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

All you need is a vin# and an honest estimate for repairs, if you try and cheat the system you will have trouble. If not, it's a smooth and fast transaction. That is why when we purchased a used car for my son we purchased coverage from them. My best piece of advice is fully understand WHAT IS ACTUALLY COVERED in your warranty choice. Do not rely on the salesman to educate you, that is your responsibility when you're spending thousands of dollars. Also, MAINTAIN YOUR CAR, oil, fluid, and filter service etc. You will hopefully never have to call on the warranty company.

GWC Warranty response

Chris, thank you for your message and recommendation. Every day, we strive to offer the best-in-class customer service.We hope your son enjoys his car! If you have any questions regarding coverage, please call us. With GWC, it's No Worries, Just Drive!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I looked GWC up and ran over it, and Jennifer, the person who I had asked, explained everything to me and made me understand it. She made me feel comfortable with getting it. A few times I had to call the warranty company, it worked out for me. They covered what needed to be fixed with no problem. I love GWC. The few things that I had to get fixed in my car, it was under warranty. There wasn't any haggle and there was no back and forth with the company. So, I've already referred a few people.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My car had stopped and it was an engine problem. At first, things weren’t going as smoothly with the technicians. It was taking so long. I didn’t have a car. But they finally got things together and we go by first name basis now since I’ve been in there so much. I got the other engine put into it, and everything has been good. They told me that if anything goes wrong, just make sure I call them, so I got them on speed dial. I got a Mercedes, so repair was gonna be expensive. But with GWC, it was good that I didn’t have to come out of my pocket with any money. I like that it was available for me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The claims process is very, very easy. Everything is easy to use, and the repairs get done without any hassle. I know the repair guys at the shop and they’re very professional.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I told GWC that I had to get a rental car because I took my car to the shop. The rep told me that I got to have a credit card and I gotta do it myself. I had to pay out my pocket. They didn't pay for my rental car. They only paid for five days, when I had to pay for damage of two weeks. I didn't like that experience, and then I had to pay a $100 deductible. When you get warranty, you expect to get covered. They ought to pay for something because I'm paying right now every month.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The shop I bought the car from recommended GWC and advised to get it. I contacted GWC and they answered my questions right away. It came in handy earlier this year because I had an oil leak problem and my air conditioning was not blowing cool air. The mechanic shop submitted the claim and they just let me know what came next. It worked pretty well but it took a little bit longer than I expected.

Then, today, I just dropped off my car because I'm having some issues and I would hope that they go fast because this is the only car I have right now. The mechanic is gonna check it out for the symptoms that I gave them. Once they determine what the issue is, they said they’re gonna call GWC and have their guy come out, take a look at it, and then make sure it’s covered under my warranty. Also, I saw on my warranty that they offer up to one week of a car rental so I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of that. Hopefully, they do right by me on that and I’ll go from there. But overall, my overall experience has been very well.

GWC Warranty Company Information