Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About GWC Warranty

GWC Warranty provides extended auto warranties that protect customers from expensive vehicle repairs. The company works with independent drivers, dealers and agents, offering a variety of protection plans to match your budget and needs. Its products include Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage options
    • Coverage for new or used cars

Cons

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Bottom Line

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with up to 200,000 miles. Although it's only available at certain dealerships, representatives can answer questions in person.

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We've had the GWC Warranty policy for almost a year now. … We've used it for a claim and the dealer that fixed our vehicle took care of everything. They dealt with them. GWC was r...

Verified

GWC is a really good insurance. The people were very nice and polite. ... When I had a claim, the transaction was great. … And so, I even went back to the place where I bought the...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers two coverage plans for new or used vehicles: Exclusionary Coverage and Stated Component Coverage. Plans are transferable if you decide to sell the vehicle, and information on renewals and upgrades is available through the company’s website.

Exclusionary Coverage
    With Exclusionary Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Protection for hundreds of components (similar to a factory warranty)
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 150,000 miles
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage
    Stated Component Coverage
    With Stated Component Coverage, you can expect to receive:
    • Mechanical breakdown coverage, including parts and labor
    • Coverage for vehicles with as many as 200,000 miles
    • 24/7 roadside assistance
    • Rental transportation
    • Optional upgrades, like navigation system coverage

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with anywhere from 0 to 200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you're covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30 to 60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available on its website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to your local dealership to get a quote. GWC Warranty does not sell its plans directly to the public.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs (minus the deductible). GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

GWC Warranty FAQ

How much does GWC Warranty cost?
    GWC Warranty does not list its prices online because they depend on both the coverage plan you choose and the make, model and age of your vehicle. You can call GWC Warranty to get additional information about coverage plans, as well as pricing based on your vehicle’s condition.
    How many plans does GWC Warranty offer?
    GWC Warranty offers two coverage options. Exclusionary Coverage is available for vehicles with mileages as high as 150,000. Stated Component Coverage is available for vehicles with under 200,000 miles.
    Can I purchase a warranty contract from GWC Warranty directly?
    No, GWC Warranty works directly with authorized dealerships across the United States and does not sell directly to the public. If you have recently purchased a vehicle or are looking to purchase a vehicle soon, check if GWC vehicle service contracts are available near you.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased, so there's no wait. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero-deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for those who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 21, 2021

I bought a 2008 BMW back in May off this Small dealer, they offered me GWC warranty stating they were top end warranty and by the looks the their pan flip and little booklet I was convinced I would be safer on the road knowing they had my back! So I went ahead and purchased the warranty. 2 weeks later I noticed my car started overheating and Shaking really hard when I came to a stop, also my engine was making a knocking sound. I took it to a nearby mechanic shop, They told me the engine needed to be replaced and some minor parts as well.

Me and My Mechanic have been reaching out to the insurance of this issue and they have not approved the request to proceed and cover my Vehicle. They, for some reason do not want to pay the fee and cover me with this, it’s been 2 months of trying to get them to approve so my mechanic can go ahead and start working on my car. Dear GWC if you are reading this Please reach out to me. This is Unacceptable!!

GWC Warranty response
    Hello Samuel, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: July 9, 2021

Do not buy into this companies used vehicle warranty **. Scam! If it’s a worn out component they will deem it pre existing. Covered first day, first mile is false advertising. Just Drive, No Worries. Well I’m worrying because this company has refused to replace the steering box on a used truck that I purchased. My essentials policy plainly states will repair steering box. Steer far away from this company!

GWC Warranty response
    Hello Jerry, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Updated on 7/15/2021: Now AAMCO is unable to contact to get an approval. They were on hold for over an hour yesterday and had to hang up. They have a business to run and stay on hold for over an hour. There has to be a better way to get an approval, this entire time I don't have my car.

Original Review: GWC is requiring me to pay the sales tax on the replacement parts, the repair shop said they never heard of this before, is this normal operations? I never heard of this before, The "exclusionary" coverage was to be their best full coverage and now not only the deductible but I also have to pay the sales tax, come on.

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Martin, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: May 13, 2021

GWC Warranty: Did contact form on their website 4 business days ago, but no response... Purchased 2009 Dodge Journey: 7/21/2018. Purchased the Powertrain Plus Coverage via sale from Salesman. 5/29/2019 Needing bushing, bearings, etc, tried to get approval (all denied). Out of pocket cost 1813.36. Shop tried real hard. No luck. 7/31/2019 EGR valve replacement 375.50. 3/23/2020: Heater hose, battery 692.87. 11/11/2020 Brakes replaced. Did cover 429.60. (Still owed $630.) 12/18/2020 Starter 450.00. 4/21/2021 Rough engine, service light on. Replaced EGR valve 478.71. 4/23/2021 Still not running right. Took back to shop. Replaced crank sensor. No coverage for it 692.68. Still not fixed, shop recommended take to dealership. 4/28/2021 Timing Belt total cost 1118.45 (was told it was covered) but had to show service records of oil change. Provided 8/23/18 98263. 2/28/19 103913. 12/30/19 113000. 8/17/20 118, 292. 4/21/2021 122000.

Had to prove oil record between 2/28/19 and 12/30/19 due too much mileage. This oil change done by husband due to it being in shop in May and July 2019 too so save money. For it to be covered had to have receipt for oil, filter, mileage documentation. Could not find what they required. Claim Denied. Warranty expires in July, they keep sending me mailings to renew now and save $400. I guess my question is why...but the bigger question is how they deny so many things that are mentioned in the contract as covered, but due to lack of documentation. But they can take $1695 from me, on a vehicle they had no service records for. Save your money!

GWC Warranty response
      Hello Erin, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim.

GWC Warranty

Original review: May 6, 2021

I guess I should have done my research, got the warranty. Have had the truck a year now. Has a lifter tick that is known with Chevy 5.3 motors and they will not cover the repairs. Good luck getting a refund. Do your research before buying a warranty.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Jonathan, please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 2, 2021

I called GWC before taking vehicle to shop. Asked about what was covered. They said everything. Ask if I could take it to dealer. They said yes. Car in shop dealer called with list of repairs. According to GWC they are all covered. WRONG!! Bill $2900. GWC covered $800. RIP OFF COMPANY. DON’T WALK AWAY FROM GWC, RUN!!

GWC Warranty response

Hello Michael, please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2021

After reading my complaint, a higher up in the company stepped in. They paid the claim above and beyond what the contract called for. They really stepped up and made up for the poor service earlier in the experience.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Guardian Warranty Company. This was my experience with Guardian Warranty Company. I have been in the car business since 1998 and have dealt with a lot of warranty companies. I have dealt with some really professional customer service oriented warranty companies and I have dealt with some nightmare warranty companies. Guardian Warranty Company is by far the worst I’ve dealt with in my automotive career. I have a friend that bought a car and purchased an extended service contract through Guardian. She bought the exclusionary coverage which is suppose to cover everything, except for the wear and tear items on the vehicle. One day her vehicle developed a noise in the engine, I suggested she take it to a reputable Mercedes specialist.

The shop diagnosed the noise and determined the noise was coming from the piston and connecting rod. The diagnosis was backed up by several bulletins from Mercedes. Guardian requested proof of maintenance performed on the car which was provided. Guardian also requested that the customer approve a sixteen-hour diagnostic tear down to pinpoint the failed component. Out of the sixteen-hour job, Guardian would pay one hour of labor if the problem was a covered repair. The customer would be responsible for a $1740 diagnostic fee to pay which is completely unnecessary with the exclusionary coverage considering any component that could cause the problem is a covered repair.

I called the claims adjuster and was told that they had to have the exact failed component to cover the claim and the diagnostic charges would be the customers responsibility. I don’t understand why you would force the customer to pay $1740 in diagnostic charges when everything inside the motor is covered. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was on hold for 15 minutes and spoke to him for less than two when the call was “disconnected”. I called back and was connected to a claims adjuster again. They asked for the claim number and I provided it and then asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained that I was speaking to him and the call was disconnected. I was told no, I couldn’t speak to a supervisor and this is just how the claims process works.

I demanded to speak with the supervisor again and I was transferred to another representative claiming to be a supervisor, but not the claims manager that I was “disconnected” in a previous call. I am confident that the representative hung up on me and put a note in the system that he didn’t want to talk to me. I don’t blame him, it’s hard to argue his side with someone that is knowledgeable of vehicles and how warranty companies operate. In my opinion, this was an opportunity to get out of paying the claim. Seeing how Guardian was handling this claim, all confidence was lost in the company and I was convinced my friend was in a losing position dealing with Guardian. I decided that I would just turn in a claim to repair the oil leak from the turbocharger and begin the search for another car.

My suspicion was confirmed, out of the nearly $400 claim, they would only cover $53 dollars. Please keep in mind that I told them repeatedly what I do for a living and I know what parts and repairs are covered with exclusionary coverage. If they would treat me this way, imagine how they would treat other trusting consumers. I caution Automobile dealers who do business with Guardian, it can be detrimental to your business and reputation by selling a warranty to a consumer from an unethical company.

If you are a consumer looking for a warranty for your car, please be careful dealing with Guardian Warranty Company. We work hard to establish a good reputation as car dealers and representing a company like this can quickly tarnish your image. To any potential customers considering buying an extended service contract, if you are offered Guardian, Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Most dealers will have multiple options for you to choose a warranty. I understand now why so many customers refuse to buy warranties because of previous bad experiences. I am now able to relate to their story and explain that not all warranty companies operate like Guardian Warranty Company.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brent, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide the contract number or the last six of the VIN so we can look into the claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a used Ford Crown Victoria in Aug 2019 and bought to Essential Warranty from GWC Warranty Comp. In Feb of 2020, my rear axle developed a major leak on the right rear wheel. Had the car towed to a shop for repair. Shop determined that the right rear axle bearing had failed which caused excessive wear on the axle, axle housing and seal which caused the fluid leak. Repair Shop contacted GWC to cover the replacement of the entire rear axle assembly. GWC did authorized the repair installation of a used rear axle assembly (had 50k existing miles on the axle). On Dec 21st of 2020, the replacement axle developed a leak of axle fluid on the right rear wheel exactly as happened in Feb.

Repair Shop followed the same exact procedure as before and provided pictures of the damage to the axle shaft, housing and seal to GWC. This was the same failure that had occurred in Feb. However, this time GWC refused to pay for a replacement rear axle assembly and would only cover the cost to replace the axle bearing and seal. Since the bearing failure (a common problem with Ford Live Rear Axles) damaged the axle shaft and axle housing, their suggested repair would not resolve the problem. GWC stated that they would not cover the cost to replace the rear axle assembly due to "Continued Operation" of the vehicle by myself.

Since the exact same failure happened in Feb and GWC authorized a replacement axle assembly, why the refusal in Dec of 2020. GWC installed a used axle assembly instead of a remanufactured one and I am being penalized for the failure of the replacement. I need my car repaired as I need it to drive to and from work. GWC is refusing to honor the warranty and only authorizing repairs that would not repair my car or make it safe to drive. GWC clearly does not value their customers, only their customers' money.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Keith, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I never purchase extended coverage plans. My gut was correct and I more than regret purchasing this plan. I was convinced by a friend to purchase the top of the line coverage from GWC. Lo and behold, I experienced an internally lubricated part within the transmission fail. The warranty is clear that all internally lubricated parts are covered. This is the case until you file a claim. Turns out all internally lubricated parts are covered with the exception of my internally lubricated part. I am on my own to cover the entire bill. I will never purchase a plan from a company who looks to manipulate wording to get out of a claim. This has been a terrible experience for me. Never Again.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brendan, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek last year that had been maintained beautifully at a Subaru dealership. The car dealership offered to sell me the GWC warranty and I bought it as I am a medical student that wouldn't be able to afford it if something went catastrophically wrong with my car. When I was driving, the car broke down and I had it towed to a preferred facility who said that the transmission froze causing two of my axles to break. GWC sent out an inspector who said that the transmission froze due to low differential fluids. The problem is that the transmission has been serviced by the Subaru Dealership within the manufacturer's recommended 30,000 miles.

It is stated in the contract that I signed that the car must be serviced as recommended by the manufacturer's guidelines and it has. Now they are trying to say that it is not covered because of the fluid being low, even though it has been serviced. This company will try to get out of covering anything, and you are better served saving your money. They are currently re-reviewing my case, and I will update this review if they decide to become a reputable company. I will be taking further steps to make sure that they follow the contract that I signed.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

GWC Warranty Company Information