Avoca, PA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage cars options
    • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

So far, each time I called GWC, I’ve had good experiences and they’ve even given me advice that I didn’t even think of that I should have called them for. I would recommend GWC based on our experience in the last year and a half.

There are poor warranty companies out there, but GWC is not one of them. ... . I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

Find my match

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
      • Technology package
      • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: March 2, 2020

GWC Warranty was recommended by a friend of mine who had a BMW and said he had great service with them. At the beginning, their customer service was great. Then towards the latest couple of claims I put in, there was a little misunderstanding about what they were gonna pay for but then at the end, they came through. They need to be a lot clear on what they’re gonna cover. It’s a little confusing unless you are a lawyer reading through this contract. But they did come back and paid my claim. So, overall, I'm definitely satisfied, so far.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Jerome .

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I bought a used vehicle at one of our local car dealerships and it was a vehicle that had been traded in. They are one of the authorized service centers and they sold me the GWC warranty. I had to file a claim a month ago and the claim process went very well. It took a couple of days for the claims rep from GWC to go to the dealer and make sure that everything was gonna be covered. They approved everything 100%, so I just had to pay the deductible and fluids. I have a diesel and I lost the injectors. Unfortunately, the car was in the shop for almost three weeks, which was my only complaint with the whole thing. I don’t think that really had anything to do with GWC since that had to do with the local dealership. But the parts manager and the service staff of the dealership did it all on my behalf so it was really seamless and it was good.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Jeffrey!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

GWC Warranty had the most coverage, so I went with them. Comparing what I expected to what I received, the coverage is a little different because they don't cover sales tax. With the other companies that I have, all you pay is the deductible, I never paid sales tax. That is the only downside, but only if there is a lot of work to do on the car. Also, it actually took them a while to get back with a response. But once they got back with a response of the mechanic, it went fast. I gave all my information to the mechanic, and then he coordinated everything with them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Travis!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

The dealer bought GWC for the car I purchased recently, it's what they use in his shop as a warranty. Recently, the motor of the car went bad and that was a tough experience for me because I never expect to buy a car and not be able to use the car right away. I filed a claim and it took me too long to fix the car because GWC has their process. They had to see and inspect the car. But I have no complaints.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Andre!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

They ended up having to put the motor in, and the process of getting to that conclusion was to hang-up or I ended up having to pay the mechanics. It took hours to do all the research work and drop pants waiting on GWC's representative because he came out twice. But it's expected. Overall, everything went good. I also used GWC for starter parts and everything went good as well. I called them and then everything got referred to the actual mechanic itself. Then we did all the communication back and forth with the mechanic and all the motor stuff.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the positive review, Allen!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Guardian Warranty Company. This was my experience with Guardian Warranty Company. I have been in the car business since 1998 and have dealt with a lot of warranty companies. I have dealt with some really professional customer service oriented warranty companies and I have dealt with some nightmare warranty companies. Guardian Warranty Company is by far the worst I’ve dealt with in my automotive career. I have a friend that bought a car and purchased an extended service contract through Guardian. She bought the exclusionary coverage which is suppose to cover everything, except for the wear and tear items on the vehicle. One day her vehicle developed a noise in the engine, I suggested she take it to a reputable Mercedes specialist.

The shop diagnosed the noise and determined the noise was coming from the piston and connecting rod. The diagnosis was backed up by several bulletins from Mercedes. Guardian requested proof of maintenance performed on the car which was provided. Guardian also requested that the customer approve a sixteen-hour diagnostic tear down to pinpoint the failed component. Out of the sixteen-hour job, Guardian would pay one hour of labor if the problem was a covered repair. The customer would be responsible for a $1740 diagnostic fee to pay which is completely unnecessary with the exclusionary coverage considering any component that could cause the problem is a covered repair.

I called the claims adjuster and was told that they had to have the exact failed component to cover the claim and the diagnostic charges would be the customers responsibility. I don’t understand why you would force the customer to pay $1740 in diagnostic charges when everything inside the motor is covered. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was on hold for 15 minutes and spoke to him for less than two when the call was “disconnected”. I called back and was connected to a claims adjuster again. They asked for the claim number and I provided it and then asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained that I was speaking to him and the call was disconnected. I was told no, I couldn’t speak to a supervisor and this is just how the claims process works.

I demanded to speak with the supervisor again and I was transferred to another representative claiming to be a supervisor, but not the claims manager that I was “disconnected” in a previous call. I am confident that the representative hung up on me and put a note in the system that he didn’t want to talk to me. I don’t blame him, it’s hard to argue his side with someone that is knowledgeable of vehicles and how warranty companies operate. In my opinion, this was an opportunity to get out of paying the claim. Seeing how Guardian was handling this claim, all confidence was lost in the company and I was convinced my friend was in a losing position dealing with Guardian. I decided that I would just turn in a claim to repair the oil leak from the turbocharger and begin the search for another car.

My suspicion was confirmed, out of the nearly $400 claim, they would only cover $53 dollars. Please keep in mind that I told them repeatedly what I do for a living and I know what parts and repairs are covered with exclusionary coverage. If they would treat me this way, imagine how they would treat other trusting consumers. I caution Automobile dealers who do business with Guardian, it can be detrimental to your business and reputation by selling a warranty to a consumer from an unethical company.

If you are a consumer looking for a warranty for your car, please be careful dealing with Guardian Warranty Company. We work hard to establish a good reputation as car dealers and representing a company like this can quickly tarnish your image. To any potential customers considering buying an extended service contract, if you are offered Guardian, Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Most dealers will have multiple options for you to choose a warranty. I understand now why so many customers refuse to buy warranties because of previous bad experiences. I am now able to relate to their story and explain that not all warranty companies operate like Guardian Warranty Company.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brent, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide the contract number or the last six of the VIN so we can look into the claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a used Ford Crown Victoria in Aug 2019 and bought to Essential Warranty from GWC Warranty Comp. In Feb of 2020, my rear axle developed a major leak on the right rear wheel. Had the car towed to a shop for repair. Shop determined that the right rear axle bearing had failed which caused excessive wear on the axle, axle housing and seal which caused the fluid leak. Repair Shop contacted GWC to cover the replacement of the entire rear axle assembly. GWC did authorized the repair installation of a used rear axle assembly (had 50k existing miles on the axle). On Dec 21st of 2020, the replacement axle developed a leak of axle fluid on the right rear wheel exactly as happened in Feb.

Repair Shop followed the same exact procedure as before and provided pictures of the damage to the axle shaft, housing and seal to GWC. This was the same failure that had occurred in Feb. However, this time GWC refused to pay for a replacement rear axle assembly and would only cover the cost to replace the axle bearing and seal. Since the bearing failure (a common problem with Ford Live Rear Axles) damaged the axle shaft and axle housing, their suggested repair would not resolve the problem. GWC stated that they would not cover the cost to replace the rear axle assembly due to "Continued Operation" of the vehicle by myself.

Since the exact same failure happened in Feb and GWC authorized a replacement axle assembly, why the refusal in Dec of 2020. GWC installed a used axle assembly instead of a remanufactured one and I am being penalized for the failure of the replacement. I need my car repaired as I need it to drive to and from work. GWC is refusing to honor the warranty and only authorizing repairs that would not repair my car or make it safe to drive. GWC clearly does not value their customers, only their customers' money.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Keith, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I never purchase extended coverage plans. My gut was correct and I more than regret purchasing this plan. I was convinced by a friend to purchase the top of the line coverage from GWC. Lo and behold, I experienced an internally lubricated part within the transmission fail. The warranty is clear that all internally lubricated parts are covered. This is the case until you file a claim. Turns out all internally lubricated parts are covered with the exception of my internally lubricated part. I am on my own to cover the entire bill. I will never purchase a plan from a company who looks to manipulate wording to get out of a claim. This has been a terrible experience for me. Never Again.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Brendan, please provide your contract number or the last six of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek last year that had been maintained beautifully at a Subaru dealership. The car dealership offered to sell me the GWC warranty and I bought it as I am a medical student that wouldn't be able to afford it if something went catastrophically wrong with my car. When I was driving, the car broke down and I had it towed to a preferred facility who said that the transmission froze causing two of my axles to break. GWC sent out an inspector who said that the transmission froze due to low differential fluids. The problem is that the transmission has been serviced by the Subaru Dealership within the manufacturer's recommended 30,000 miles.

It is stated in the contract that I signed that the car must be serviced as recommended by the manufacturer's guidelines and it has. Now they are trying to say that it is not covered because of the fluid being low, even though it has been serviced. This company will try to get out of covering anything, and you are better served saving your money. They are currently re-reviewing my case, and I will update this review if they decide to become a reputable company. I will be taking further steps to make sure that they follow the contract that I signed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Updated on 09/29/2020: After finally get my vehicle repaired after taking 3 weeks calling GWC, The Mechanic shop had informed me the my truck had a exhaust leak in the manifold and it looks like due to warpage of the manifolds the bolts broke off, which is a common problem on those years of the truck, so I looked up my coverage where it sates manifolds and gaskets are covered so the shop called the GWC who said the bolts are not covered, so once again on the phone with GWC who 2 reps on 2 separate calls said that if indeed the manifolds where damaged cracked or warped that you they would pay for the repair, I would need to consent to have them taken off and they would need to send pictures of the damaged manifolds.

So I took the truck to a exhaust specialist who told me the same things that the manifolds are cracked or warped, so I made a appoint with Jumbos auto who had done the previous work that they had to fight with GWC to get fixed, for Tuesday the 29th since Yom Kippur they were closed on Monday, So I thought I had better call to confirm what I had been previously told that if the manifolds are cracked or warped that they would cover it, otherwise it would be a $1200 cost to me to repair. So now GWC informed me they called the dealer and said the dealer would assist me in the repair. So I call the dealer who said he did not say that at all.

I would have never bought the truck with the sound it now makes from the exhaust and the smell in the cab, I would have asked the dealer to fix it before purchase or bought another truck I had a deposit down on. So now GWC is telling me they will not pay for anything having to do with exhaust and they want a 3 way call with the dealer, I have no information on what the dealer said or even why they called them. Again this seems to be a business practice at GWC to try to get out of paying for repairs.

They have the opinion that since they paid for the 1st repairs after 3 weeks and the run-around that now they are not paying for anything and that this is my fault somehow, after taking Ubers to work and making arrangements for my job and travel that I really wanted this to happen. And now I have a car I spent every penny I had on that I can't really drive. It’s just not right.

Original Review: After spending every penny I had on a used truck, The dealer had pitched me a warranty which I thought was a good idea based on the mileage and year, so I did some research and even asked my mechanic who said GWC was better than mos and had a good relationship with them, and the dealer said that they were really good. So I purchased it.

I drove the truck for 2 days when the engine was making a diesel sound and a sound ticking sound, (9-8-2020) so I called my mechanic said not to drive it and they would pick it up. The shop then called and said I would need to agree to the diagnostic fee to take the motor a part S485.00, So I agreed and then he called a day later and said it was the timing chain and the spacers and the loud ticking was the exhaust manifold either cracked or warped and broke a few of the bolts off and it was leaking exhaust which I did smell in the cab same day it started running bad and making a Dieseling sound. So I checked my warranty, and it listed timing chain and the exhaust manifold. I called the dealer and he said not to worry. It would be covered.

So the shop put a call in to GWC, who did not take their word for the repairs 3 days go by while we wait for them to send a third party to inspect the damage parts and then another 3 days for GWC to review it. After multiple calls to GWC (on hold every time forever) then said it would be the next morning, then the next then they said they were waiting on report, (which I knew they already had I checked with the inspectors office) so I felt I was getting the run around, so finally the shop called me (09/17/20) and said they need picture of the cam so they sent that then they called me back later that evening and said they would not cover the manifolds but would cover the timing chain. I called GWC and they stated the inspector said the leak was due to missing bolts, the manifolds were not removed.

So I did some research on the topic and its a common problem on the F150 for the manifold to crack or warp causing the bolts to break, so they are denied the claim without really knowing. So the shop said they would need to take off and inspect, I have not slept in 2 weeks 9with the cost hanging over my head) and have had to take Ubers to work. I reviewed the warranty and it does say the manifold is covered and informed the dealer who said it was for sure covered. So now I need to have the shop take the manifolds off to inspect at my cost and repair at $1300. This is my first experience with a auto warranty company and it's been a nightmare. I spent every penny I had on the truck and really don't have the money to fix it, and basically the truck is undrivable.

GWC Warranty author review by Lauren Fix

GWC Warranty provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. The company’s vehicle service contracts are transferable but are only available at select dealerships.

• Cost: GWC Warranty doesn’t have prices listed on its website. The average extended auto warranty costs between $350 and $1,000 a year. Use this as a benchmark when considering any quote from GWC Warranty.

• Plans: GWC Warranty has four plans: Powertrain Plus services, Essential services, Comprehensive services and Exclusionary services. Plans are available for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them.

• Benefits: Most GWC Warranty plans include towing reimbursements. All plans are transferable. GWC Warranty’s “No Worries, Just Drive” package has a zero-deductible policy and no transfer fees. Other benefits include improved travel and rental car reimbursements, free windshield repair and a $25 gas card.

• Standout feature: GWC Warranty’s plans have no waiting period, so coverage begins immediately upon purchase. This is a rare policy in the industry.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information