It's that easy Request Information
3.55/5

Avoca, PA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

178 GWC Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

Once again I am stuck waiting for GWC to process a claim on my car. Despite assurances from the dealer that I bought the car from, the GWC contract is far from worry free. And don’t fall for the “pay the deductible and you’re on your way” garbage. There is so much that GWC will not cover. From programming the defective transmission they force you to use in your repair to refusing to cover the alignment after steering repairs to forcing you to pay for sales tax even though you already paid tax on the contract purchase. (Did some research there and pretty sure I am due a refund). Used their “preferred” provider this last time around to try and get something to go easier and found myself without a car for two weeks this time instead of the 5 days it took the last time. Don’t trust them or believe they care about anything but the bottom line. I have nothing against a company making money but they do go out of the way to do as little as possible.

GWC Warranty response

Mark, I am sorry to hear about your experience. After reviewing your claim with one of our managers, it appears you're experiencing a transmission failure from a unit we had installed on 1/23/19. We are working as quickly as possible with the shop to get a new unit installed. Unfortunately, unforeseen things happen and this is one of those situations. We apologize for the inconvenience and are thankful for your patience as we work to get you a working transmission unit.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I bought a used car and I thought I better get a service contract with it. I was given two options and the dealer explained everything to me. It was done the right way. I bought the higher option of the two and it was worth it. When my door and lock weren’t working, I used the GWC Warranty and the situation was a smooth and perfect one. The dealer filed the claim and did everything for me. I just paid for the deductible. They needed a new mechanism for the lock. The part was ordered and the lock was fixed on time. I was good to go with everything. Everything was hassle-free and worked exactly.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the review, Dean! We are happy to provide you a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased a used 2008 Chevy Tahoe about 2 years ago and purchased a warranty through GWC at the time of my used car purchase. My car was giving me serious problems beginning about 2 weeks ago and I brought my vehicle to the Chevy Dealer in Freeport, NY. To make a long story short my car had serious issues with the engine including multiple cylinder Lifters, Camshaft, intake push rod and much more. The warranty picked up 90% of the bill from the dealer. Everything would have been covered if the dealer was willing to use aftermarket parts. I never write a review but after reading some of the other reviews I really felt it necessary to let everyone know GWC really was fantastic with everything. I would highly recommend them to my family and friends.

GWC Warranty response

Steven, thank you so much for the review! We are happy to provide our customers best-in-class service and a No Worries, Just Drive experience. Thank you for the message.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My car is a BMW and they are expensive to fix, so I went for an extended coverage. GWC was recommended by the dealership that I bought my car from and the people there have been absolutely helpful during purchase. Even when I was done buying and I had to make claims, the dealership was still extremely helpful. They’ve always repaired or done whatever needed to be done on my car. Then, when I was stuck on the side of the road, I called and GWC sent a tow truck over and they picked me up. It was no cost. My car was overheating, which was why I got stuck on the side of the road, and they were able to take care of that for me. I would definitely recommend the company.

GWC Warranty response

Michelle, thank you for the recommendation. We are happy to help in a time of need and hope your BMW is back on the road!

Original review: March 7, 2019

The warranty came in handy. It came with the vehicle when I bought it and since I've had the car, everything has been replaced under my hood. The car is almost new. I'm gone a lot so my car sits a lot and about a couple of weeks ago, it had a new transmission, a control arm, a new radiator, a new thermostat and a new power steering pump put in. I've been fortunate to have GWC because that would have been a lot of money. I don't know how much my next warranty will cost me but they told me that they’re going to remind me by extending the warranty the second time. I would recommend them as well.

The only issue I have is with the people that I had to go to to get my car fixed. There's always something, even right now. Tomorrow, I have to take the car to the Chrysler dealership because I've had issues with it. But I just got my car last Wednesday night when I had to get a transmission. But then, I had also just picked it up on November when they had to put another motor in it. The only holdup is the third party too. As far as GWC themselves, I've had no problem with them. They're easy and real friendly to work with. They jump on top of everything. They told me to take the car back to the dealership, to make them fix what I paid them for. The gentleman I spoke with said he had also already pulled up the warranty. He said that if the car shuts off, it's something to do with the fuel tank. And every time I start it up, it does shut off. But he said GWC covered it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have this used vehicle and it was kinda high in mileage. The guarantee was also done so I needed something better. I figured this extended warranty could be safe. The dealer showed me two different choices and I read both. After some minutes, my wife and I decided to go with GWC. It looked like a better option for us. They also explained the coverage and benefits to me. I was at like 80% because I have to pay more than I was expecting and the package I have doesn’t cover the whole thing. But it was fine and I'm thinking of upgrading my coverage in a few months. Besides, if without insurance, we would pay more than what I paid for. The service was also great when I had to file a claim. It was just in time and they explained to me what exactly was wrong with the truck and when the truck could be fixed. Everything was fine and I'm happy with the coverage.

GWC Warranty response

Onesimo, thank you for the rating and feedback. We are glad you had a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We purchased a 2010 Mercedes-Benz S550 back in 2016 and purchased an Exclusionary Coverage warranty with Luxury Package at the same dealership. We paid a total of $5,750 to GWC Warranty to cover our car to 2020. Overall owning this car was an excellent experience since it is a reliable car, but until recently our heater went out, and we drove it to Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue for a repair. The total for the repair (parts+diagnosis+labor) was nearly $2,000, and I ended up having to pay for $1375,32.

Both the dealer and I called GWC Warranty, and the response we got is they were only going to pay for one hour of diagnosis and two hours of labor plus the parts, and the labor cost they are willing to pay was $117 as it is the city average labor cost in the city of Bellevue. What's pathetic about this company is we paid for the most expensive package they offered in 2016, and yet they only paid for just a bit over 30% of my recent repair. It is tough to believe how GWC Warranty gets returning customer by not providing the services we as a consumer paid for. I paid $5,750 and got nothing from them, what do you expect you are going to get from them?

GWC Warranty response

Mai, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have reviewed our records, spoken with one of our claims managers and am going to send you a direct message with personal details on your claim. Thank you for your message.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had had other problems with other vehicles in the past. I had been with my company for a while but I had two tractor trailers hit me back to back so I wanted to be covered all the way around for anything this time. The GWC name has been in dealerships for a while and from what I had seen from other dealers, I had been wanting GWC for a while. I know a lot of family members had it too. The dealer didn’t explain the coverage well though. They were like, "Get them. They gonna take care of you all the way around." That was their thing.

When I had a claim, everything was smooth but the process took a while. I knew we had to go through a process but it took a little bit extra than what I thought. We had to wait for the other dealership and then they had to break the car down. When I initially called GWC, I took the car to Amica because it was a big name but it also was a big mess with them. I had a bad experience and then in the next week, my sister had a bad experience with them as well. When I got the car to Townsend and they got everything rolling. They're doing a new motor now. I've been out of commission for three months so hopefully, it will be fixed by April. But actually, if I had put it to Townsend at first, I might be back on the road now.

GWC Warranty response

Lakeisha, thank you for the rating and feedback! We are happy to provide our customers best-in-class customer service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

When I purchased the car that I’m driving now, I was told about GWC Warranty. I decided that since the car was used, I had better get the coverage and I’ve been satisfied with what it costs me. I've had two claims. On the first time, all I did was give the dealer my info and they set it all up. Then they called and let me know when it was clear for me to come in and bring the vehicle. Then on the second time, the dealer had to order a part so they got in touch with GWC for what they would pay. I also had to go in and pay my part. Then on the actual day the car was going to be fixed, the dealer had me waiting for GWC to send the check. That took a little time. I guess they got really busy that day. I waited about an hour from the time the dealer finished my vehicle until the time the warranty company sent the check. But still, my experience with GWC has been good so far.

GWC Warranty response

Jean, thank you for your rating and feedback. With GWC, we strive to provide our customers with a No Worries, Just Drive experience!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I brought a powertrain warranty in December 2018 from GWC. In February of 2019 the throttle body in my 09 Cadillac CTS went bad, so I called GWC and they told me I could take the car to my mechanic for the repair. When my mechanic called GWC and told them the problem my car had, they REFUSED to cover the cost. DON'T WASTE YOUR Money ON THIS COMPANY! FiND A REAL WARRANTY COMPANY!

GWC Warranty response

Jeff, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We looked into our records and spoke with one of our claims managers. The request for coverage was on the throttle body and two leaking gaskets. Unfortunately, these items are not covered under your level of coverage, Powertrain Plus. If you have any questions regarding your vehicle service contract, including covered components, one of our claims managers is on standby. You call us directly. Thank you for your message.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased a 2013 Dodge Charger rt. Very nice and clean car so I thought. The dealership I got it from hyped it up saying they had been driving the car. Since getting it, I went out to look at it. Ended up getting. That was December 12, 2018. Within two weeks of me buying the car I started to smell coolant coming through the vents, so I looked under the hood. The water pump was bad and the dealership had cleaned it up so it wouldn’t look like it had a leak. So, ok fine no big deal. I paid to have the water pump and thermostat replaced. Two weeks after that I’m having the same things. I had to pull over cause my temp gauge kept going up and down. I pop the hood. Coolant is shooting out everywhere. Long story short my coolant houses had busted. Once again I paid outta pocket cause that’s not covered in the warranty!

This all happen in the beginning of January 2019. My car is now in the shop as of 2/13/2019 with the same issue so I called GWC this time and had it out in the shop with AAMCO which is saying I have blown head gaskets. They finally tear down my engine block and taking a look but this where it gets crazy. GWC is now saying if the car has extreme overheating they will not cover it which is not fair by any means. The car clearly had issues with the previous owner. I’ve only had the car for a good two months. Now I’m no mechanic but I know my basics around a engine block and there is no way possible you can make that much damage to the engine. This clearly was done before I ever came across the vehicle. If GWC doesn’t pay I will bin 3200 dollars in the hole and can’t get my vehicle till I pay half of that out.

GWC Warranty response

Tevin, thank you for your message. I spoke with one of our managers and we are currently working with the shop on the claim. If you have any questions or would like to know the status of the claim, please feel free to call us.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My vehicle was coming up at the end of the warranty and I wanted the protection. It's a BMW and it’s not my first so I know. But I've filed a claim a couple of times with GWC and I’m not 100% happy. The vehicle comes in with little things, like the lights are off or something is leaking. But for example, my car was sounding terrible and even after they've found an oil leak and fixed it, my car still sounds the same. So I’m sure there’s a deeper problem to that that wasn’t fixed. Another example is if something is happening with my car but it's not presenting itself at the same exact times that the car is being looked at, then it's not fixed. I would keep documenting it but I guess it’s not a straightforward thing. I’m also not happy because a lot of the things are not covered. They would say some of the items are covered but not the rest, and I feel like it’s been a enormous amount of money. But it's a warranty so those things should be covered.

GWC Warranty response

Honey, thank you for your feedback. After reviewing with one of our claims managers, we see your vehicle service contract covered a leaking oil filter housing gasket and control arm bushings. There was an out-of-pocket cost for the tail lamp housing repair. It had a broken clip that was preventing the turn signal from operating. Assembly for this item is not eligible for coverage, and broken/missing hardware isn't classified as a defect in materials or workmanship. If you have any questions regarding your claim, please give us a call. We'd be happy to help. Thank you for your message.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I bought a used car and the dealership recommended GWC Warranty. Recently, I had some issue with the car and the dealership told me what it was gonna cost to fix it. Then I remembered that I had the warranty, so I pulled open the paperwork, went through it to make sure that it was something that was covered and it was. I just paid the deductible and the process was good. I would always recommend getting a warranty. You never know what could happen down the road. Any time you buy a car, there will always be something that goes wrong with it no matter what, especially when you buy a used car, and you definitely wanna buy a warranty with it. I would’ve spent about the same amount on the warranty so it has broken even.

GWC Warranty response

David, thank you for your rating and feedback. With GWC, it's No Worries, Just Drive!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought a vehicle on November 6th. It came with a GWC warranty. By November 24th, something started happening with the engine so I took it back to the dealership I bought it from and they had it ever since. I was told that the engine went and then they changed it. However, the engine that they put in didn't work so they had to change it again. They got another engine and the vehicle responded well to it. But then something happened and they needed to get something about a computer. I keep pressing them but every time they fix one problem, another problem pops up. However, I understand that they want to give me the vehicle with no problems and that they're taking every precaution to make sure that I have a running vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The Chevrolet dealer who takes care of my car recommended GWC Warranty. Something happened with my car's power steering and they took care of it. That was appreciated. I had to drive my car to the dealer’s lot and drop it off, and I went back and picked it up the next day. It was fixed. GWC covered the full cost. I’m satisfied with GWC. They were great.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the rating, Richard! We are happy to hear the power steering in your Chevrolet is back up and running. With GWC, it's No Worries, Just Drive!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

BMW parts are expensive and GWC Warranty was right next to my BMW service department. My claims experience with GWC Warranty has been perfect. They covered everything that was already busted. Nothing I thought that should be covered has not been covered. But it's quite inconvenient that engine coils or spark plugs are only covered once they actually go bad. When one goes bad, they all start going bad. I had to make additional trips to replace them once they went bad. My service guy files the claims for me. I have the warranty in a BMW-enclosed folder and I don't even open it up. I hand it to my service department agent and he looks at it. Then, it's all on the computer.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the rating, Douglas! No one likes having repairs done on their vehicle, but we are happy to provide coverage when you need it the most. With GWC, it's No Worries, Just Drive!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a service contract from GWC and the experience was fine. It was through my contractor. However, when I filed a claim because something was going on with my truck, they reimbursed me only $48 and the bill came up around $2,000. It was the catalytic converters, the exhaust, and some other things. In my contract, it says they cover a lot of stuff, but they didn’t. GWC should stick to what they say they are gonna do. I’m still paying out of pocket.

GWC Warranty response

Iesha, thank you for the feedback. After reviewing our records and speaking with one of our claims managers, we see your claim was called in on January 22, 2019 for a catalytic converter repair and faulty upper intake gaskets. I am going to send you a direct message with more details. If you have any questions regarding your claim or coverage, please give us a call and we can help.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

When we tried to our GWC the warranty for the truck, the dealership said it was expired. However, my contract said it doesn't expire. The dealer told me to call GWC and they should make good on it because my contract reads something different than what they have. When I reached out to GWC, they told me it was indeed, expired. The rep explained that it was a 42-month warranty but on my contract, it says 48 and a different mileage.

GWC Warranty response

Deborah, thank you for your message. Our records show a contract for a 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman and a timing chain repair done in 12/03/18 but no record of a truck. Also, we do not offer 42 month vehicle service contracts at this time. If you have any questions regarding the Mini Cooper, please give us a call.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I bought a vehicle at a dealership and a service contract with GWC Warranty was one of the programs that they offered with it, but I didn’t even know that the dealer was gonna add the service contract so it was one of those things that were pushed on to us. Since then, we let the car go back. And then the company that we bought the vehicle from filed a claim on my behalf to GWC, and GWC paid it. When the claim was submitted on my behalf, I got a text message that asks about my experience. I’ve called GWC and asked them what it was regarding, and they said that the company where we bought the vehicle from called in a claim on my behalf. I told them that I was not very happy about them paying that out. They said there should be a refund on my warranty and I never received anything. They said that they would have a manager call me back but I never got one and that was three weeks ago now. I don’t recommend buying their warranty.

GWC Warranty response

John, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Our director of claims is currently pulling all information and will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience as we sort out this matter.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

First I must make clear, I am reviewing from 2 points of view. As I am both a customer and a service repair provider. There are poor warranty companies out there, but GWC is not one of them. I have read negative reviews that clearly show a total lack of understanding about coverage, as well as warranty holders making poor selections in repair facilities. We have succeeded in opening and submitting and being paid for many claims to this company. As long as the coverage is correct and the repair facilities are honest it is one of the easiest warranty providers to deal with. I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

All you need is a vin# and an honest estimate for repairs, if you try and cheat the system you will have trouble. If not, it's a smooth and fast transaction. That is why when we purchased a used car for my son we purchased coverage from them. My best piece of advice is fully understand WHAT IS ACTUALLY COVERED in your warranty choice. Do not rely on the salesman to educate you, that is your responsibility when you're spending thousands of dollars. Also, MAINTAIN YOUR CAR, oil, fluid, and filter service etc. You will hopefully never have to call on the warranty company.

GWC Warranty response

Chris, thank you for your message and recommendation. Every day, we strive to offer the best-in-class customer service.We hope your son enjoys his car! If you have any questions regarding coverage, please call us. With GWC, it's No Worries, Just Drive!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

GWC Warranty is a joke. Basically if your car broke down at 12:01 on a sunny Friday it might be covered. The car repair place could never get anyone to call them back from GWC. So I just had car fixed then called them and said, “Where do I submit the receipts to see what they would cover.” They tell me, “Oh no the service people need to get it approved first.” Guess what? No one ever calls them back. Pretty good scam to say the least. Do not use this company. They are thieves to say the least. I have already reached out to The Attorney general and am going to post all over social media. This Company is a joke to say the least. Stay away.

GWC Warranty response

David, I am sorry to hear about your experience. After reviewing our records and speaking with one of our claims managers, we see that you called GWC with questions about billing. If you have unanswered questions surrounding your repair, please call one of our claims managers direct. Thank you for your message.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased this warranty on my 2011 BMW 335i xDrive and 5 months after purchase I heard some weird sounds from the engine bay. I towed the car to the shop and it was deemed that an internal piece had failed and I needed a new motor. My mechanic called the company and they wanted him to take the car apart to verify the failure, but then wanted me to pay for the labor they would only cover 1 hour because they considered it diagnostics. Which I found dumb since they were the ones that wanted him to take apart the engine and find the specific problem.

After he did such, they wanted me to call BMW and get them to fix it because it was a part they had fixed 5 YEARS AGO!! On a recall, so the warranted part was expired. I spoke with Stephen ** on the phone and he said I needed to get a receipt just to show that it was completed because in their system it didn't say when it was completed. I called back and told another manager that I spoke with BMW and they said the recall was completed on my car in 2014 when the car had 32k miles on it at the dealer and that it was out of the warranty period. He said okay and immediately called the shop to have an adjuster come out the next day to look at it.

After the adjuster came out and looked at it, he agreed that it needed a new motor as well. The next morning I called the company and they told me multiple times that the adjuster should be calling the shop soon to discuss the process of getting a new motor. 2 hours later the shop calls me and says GWC is not fixing it because they say BMW should fix it since it was a recall. Even though they already fixed the recall, so I called the dealership where the recall was done and got proof that they completed the recall and called back and the manager Stephen ** tells me that I need BMW to write that they won't fix the car since their warranty expired.

After all this back and forth my car has been in the shop for a week dismantled on their order and he comes up with the most insane reasons as to why he shouldn't fix it. First they say I need to get the receipt as proof that the recall was done because it's not in their system when it was done and now I get the proof and he wants the dealership to write me a letter saying they won't fix it??!! And while I am speaking with Stephen on the phone he hangs up on me. Very rude and disrespectful. This warranty company is the worse, they will do everything to not fix your car.

GWC Warranty response

Khavon, I am sorry to hear about your experience. After reviewing our records, we see that one of our claims managers spoke with you on 1/31/19 to go over details and answer any questions. Your claim was approved for over $13,000 in repairs but if you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Someone called us saying that the GWC warranty which came with my car when I bought it was gonna be ending soon. I decided to extend it and it was a really simple process. However, where I live, labor is higher paying so I have to pay the difference. Still, the warranty seems to be good thus far. I always have the auto dealer submit claims for me which has been fine.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Brianne! We are happy to provide best-in-class service to our customers.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was having some brake problems and I contacted the gentleman at GWC to file the claim. As far as filing a claim with them, it was easy in the beginning, but I ran through some trouble with them when it came to communicating with the shop that my vehicle was at. GWC seemed as if they were the ones fixing the car other than the shop. The mechanics were telling them what the issues were going on with the vehicle. But according to the GWC representative, they only felt that certain stuff needed to be fixed instead of other things. I ended up having to come out of pocket for at least 60% of the work that was done, besides the $500 deductible.

The only explanation that GWC gave was that it was what the computer on their end told them compared to what the mechanics told them. I was beside the mechanic, and I was under the vehicle and saw all the issues that were going on. I spoke to the GWC representative as well, and they spoke to the mechanics, and there was just a whole bunch of not agreeing. GWC's quality of service was pretty piss-poor. It wasn't the best experience ever. I needed my vehicle at that time, so it was pretty rough.

I tried calling to get my GWC policy canceled, and they weren't too friendly about it. They just told me to contact the dealer who I purchased the vehicle from and that they weren't allowed to speak with me about canceling it. My biggest issue was that they weren't trying to work with me. And from the mechanics’ perspective, GWC wasn't trying to work with them as well. So they very terrible customer representation.

GWC Warranty response

Carlos, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We are looking into your claim now. Thank you for your message.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

*THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND CRAWFISH OUT OF MAJOR REPAIRS* We purchased a Powertrain Plus policy on 04/03/2018 when we purchased our 2015 F150. The term is 36 months or 38,500 miles for $1,020.00. *This is important*. The truck came with aftermarket tires, they were Federal 35’s on a 17” stock rim and a level in the front. It had 91,949 miles on it off the lot.

About 4 months later, the starter goes out. Ford fixed it for a great price and GWC gladly paid their part, while we paid our deductible and taxes. They did not send an inspector or anything of the sort, no questions asked. We go out of town for work, and find some great tires for a good price. We purchase them, Nitto 35’s on Ford stock 17” rim. No difference. Months later, there is a chime in the rear end, so we take it to Ford. The serviceman says, “it’s great that you have a warranty, if we have to disassemble your back end and put in bearings per se, it’s $890 for just that and parts.” (The truck only has 111,420 miles or so on it.)

So we leave and a day later, my husband gets a call and they ask him a few questions, and ASK ABOUT HIS TIRES, he tells GWC that they are 35’s and the same size that was bought on the truck when the warranty was signed, the person says “Ok, That’s fine.” And they send an inspector out to assess the problem in the rear end.

Ford calls and says that our repairs are not covered due to the tire size. We call GWC and we immediately get a dry representative who repetitively says, “you have the wrong size tires, I’ll transfer you to cancellations, you won’t get anything back though”. “I am unable to do anything, want me to send you to cancellations?” My husband asks for someone in management to resolve the issue, thinking there is surely some confusion. The GWC manager that we spoke to after, cared very little about our situation. He cut my husband off multiple times and spoke over him almost every time he tried to explain what has happened. He only stated that our policy is void because of the tires and no refund can be made, that we will need to cancel our policy and take up our troubles with the dealer.

GWC does not care how long you have to work to buy their $1,000 policies, they have no compassion in a justified situation. GWC has poor management that lacks any type of customer service. THEY DO NOT inspect the vehicles that they offer to warranty beforehand, it will be on your dollar if they can get out of it. *So, with over half of our warranty still left, we will have to fix our vehicle out of pocket and file for a small claims dispute with GWC in court if we want to see any of our money.

You would think given the special circumstance of not being informed and reassured of our situation, they would honor a refund to their customers. I would completely understand if we purposely put 44” Boggers on and stripped the gears out, and THEN demanded it to be fixed...but we didn’t. Compassion for a hard worker’s dime... It’s not in GWC’s policy.

GWC Warranty response

Morgan, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We have reached out regarding this same review on Facebook and can continue our conversation there. However, as we have discussed, the tire size does add additional stress on the vehicle, which is why this claims was denied. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought a used car from the dealer in Holly Park, New Jersey through GWC Warranty. I picked out the vehicle and the rep walked through the step-by-step procedure. He also checked out all my ratings. There were some small issues with the vehicle when I got it and he was going to take care of it for me. There was a two-year warranty left on the vehicle and I've used that. He explained that the warranty that I have left is a very limited warranty and it doesn't cover anything with the powertrain at all. When I got the GWC paperwork, they offered a contract but I wanted to know how it covered. It was $1,500 but I didn’t understand the process itself. I've only used it one time at the dealership and they did their job. There weren’t any problems with it. There are some issues with the brakes but when I bought the vehicle, I noticed that and so, he said that the brakes wouldn't be covered at the Nissan dealership. I would have to go back and see.

I've only been with GWC for a while but they seem to be very pleasant. They offered an extended warranty contract to me and I'm gonna get in touch because I need to look at that. It's a 2009 vehicle and I'm sure its usage is gonna have its problem. I would highly recommend them. I've gone online and I saw quite a few complaints but I also saw a lot of good reviews. So, you have to really feel it out for yourself. So far, they've been courteous to me and I don't have any complaints.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Joseph! It was our pleasure to help with your repair.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

GWC was one of the offers that was presented to me where I bought the vehicle from and I went with it. The GWC rep went over everything that the warranty covered and the price. The people I bought the vehicle from sold me a bad vehicle knowing all these problems and then, the warranty was sold to me to cover it all. It was a setup. I've had several claims with GWC but they never told me that they would put up so much and I have to put up the rest. The policy was explained to me like it was all gonna be covered. Nevertheless, the quality of my GWC warranty was good and they came through with their part every time. Whenever my vehicle goes to the shop, the Mercedes dealership deals with them. My most recent claim was taken care of and GWC made payment. They explained to me what they were paying and let me know everything. I like that they were upfront.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the feedback, Charles!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The place where I bought my Mercedes recommended GWC Warranty to me. Prior to that, I had Protection 1. It was a different type of plan. It's $100 a month, and they split 50% of it at any cost. With GWC, they take care of the whole thing. If something goes wrong, they pay to fix it. So I like this one better. The person who sold me the contract was fine. They made me sign some paperwork and we were good to go. When I had to submit a claim, it was the dealership that filed the claim. They did everything. They just called and told me my warranty took care of it. Overall, I'm very satisfied with GWC and I'd recommend them to friends.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the recommendation, Jason! We are happy to provide a No Worries, Just Drive experience.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

When I was buying the car, the dealer offered me a service contract and I thought it was a good idea. Purchasing the GWC service contract was a very simple check out and it looked very attractive. I felt like I don't have to worry about anything. But when the time came to use it, it was useless. I had a problem with the car and I called GWC's contact number and I was told their preferred repair shop was about 100 miles from my home. That was ridiculous.

When I asked them if I could I take the car to Mercedes or to the dealer, they said I could take it to the dealer, but they would not pay. They would pay whatever they could but they would want me to take it to their preferred mechanic shop. I was not gonna pay for the tow for 100 miles to take my car to their preferred repair shop so I took it to the nearby shop and they did the evaluation. They said that my car is a Mercedes-Benz and the parts could only be replaced by the Mercedes dealer and that there was nothing they could do. I ended up paying almost $170 for that check-up. I had no choice and I took it to the Mercedes dealer.

The Mercedes dealer replaced the part and I had to pay my deductible, but then GWC did not pay the repair and just paid partially. The customer service was very awful because I was having a hard time pushing these and that button and when I talked to the rep, he was very rude. He said that was what they were gonna do, that was the choice I had and that it was up to me to take it or leave it. I would never recommend GWC. This is just a bogus plan and they don’t do what they say.

GWC Warranty response

Adbur, I am sorry to hear about your experience. The out-of-pocket costs you experienced were in fact due to the difference in labor rate between your Mercedes shop and what was allowable under your contract. I apologize for any miscommunication around where you could take your vehicle, but we will be happy to work with any certified shop, even if it is not a preferred facility in the future. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a 36 month extended warranty on my 2005 Chevy Corvette for $2300 through GWC, so far this warranty has been a complete disappointment, they do whatever they can to avoid claims, there is an issue with my ECM and I get a “service active handling” message that pops up and engages the brakes on 1 front tire causing the car to swerve. Very dangerous! The dealer even provided them with all of the info they needed but still denied the claim because it is an intermittent issue and it did not happen when the inspector from GWC arrived who refused to go on a test drive to experience the issue, it did however happen with the techs and they were able to diagnose the issue but GWC still denied the claim. I am still dealing with this dangerous issue today.

Earlier this week I experienced a mechanical issue, I wasn’t too concerned about it since I spent $2300 on an extended warranty. I figured everything would be ok, couldn’t be more wrong, Harmonic Balancer needs to be replaced, well guess what, They denied the claim and said it is not covered. What’s the point of having the extended warranty if I can’t use it? I do not recommend this company, to anyone. If they make things right, I will edit my review.

GWC Warranty response

Greg, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a direct message with additional details regarding the details of your claims and the reasoning behind our decisions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

GWC Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. Vehicle service contracts are transferable to a new owner if you sell your car, which may increase your car’s overall value.

• GWC Warranty coverage: GWC offers exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage. Exclusionary coverage gives drivers the highest level of protection by covering hundreds of components, parts and systems. Stated component coverage protects specific parts and systems listed in your contract.

• Optional upgrades: You can opt to upgrade your coverage by adding things like your in-vehicle navigation system and sensors to your contract. Contact your selling dealer to find out all of your upgrade options.

• New and used protection plans: GWC Warranty has protection plans for new and used vehicles, even if your new vehicle is still covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.

• Transferrable coverage: Your GWC Warranty service contract can easily transfer to another car owner if you sell your vehicle. Follow the instructions for transferring your contract to a new owner on GWC Warranty’s website.

• GWC Warranty repair shops: Over 3,000 service facilities nationwide partner with GWC Warranty. Find your local repair shop on GWC’s website.

• Best for: drivers who want a vehicle service contract with easy access to partner repair shops.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information