Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Avoca, PA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage cars options
    • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews

The guy who sold me the car said GWC Warranty was the best. GWC treated me well and whatever was covered, they took care of it. I would use them again.

I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
      • Technology package
      • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were buying a used vehicle and the warranty was a big up for my son. The dealership recommended it, so we just went ahead with it and I’m so glad we did. I would not recommend that dealer to anybody ever again. Absolutely, hands down awful. Their rep barely explained the coverage. He made it seem like GWC would cover everything including the oil changes. I’ve had several vehicles in my lifetime and not one of them has ever covered an oil change.

He didn’t spend the time to detail the three service tiers that they offer and how each tier actually differs from the last. And there really is no difference. You go to the next tier and they’re adding additional items to cover. The only reason I know it like that is because I then did my research and I called GWC directly so I could ask them because it was just sell for the dealership, and that’s their job -- to sell and move the cars off the lot. I thought the car wasn’t that old. You never know how the previous owner treated it. And because this was my son’s newer vehicle, it made sense that he had that extra protection.

Within three months of getting the car, we had our first claim. It was awful dealing with the dealership because we brought it back to the place where we purchased the vehicle, and they did not diagnose it as a water pump. Initially, they diagnosed it as the water pump but did not change it. They changed something else and charged GWC for the water pump.

On the other hand, GWC was fabulous. When I was doing my research and asking questions, I said, “Act like I’m fresh out of the womb and don’t know nothing” and the guy said, “First of all, if you’re talking out of the womb, we need to have a discussion.” He was fabulous. So far, each time I called GWC, I’ve had good experiences and they’ve even given me advice that I didn’t even think of that I should have called them for. I would recommend GWC based on our experience in the last year and a half. My son got his car in November of 2018, then November 2019 we had another issue start and GWC has been fabulous. I would recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Shelly!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When you buy a used vehicle, you cannot say for certain that the car is in good condition so getting a warranty was a way of reassuring myself that if anything happens, at least I would have something to fall back on. The GWC Warranty reps were all nice, whether I’m speaking to a lady or a guy. They were all professional. I'm very satisfied with the package. However, the claim process was a bit daunting. It took a lengthy time to give the dealer the go ahead to fix the car.

When I called it in, my understanding was they approved it, and then when I relocated the vehicle from New Jersey to Maryland, they said that they were gonna send a technician to come and look at it. The technician looked at it and said they need to tear down the car. From then on, they needed to look at the rear panel. Then, they said they wanna do something else, and then they said they wanna do something else. It took almost two to three weeks for the warranty company to be satisfied as to whatever they were looking for. Other than the process, I was satisfied with everything that took place. The process just took too long.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Henry, sorry you did not have a great experience, and thanks for the feedback. Please send me your contract number or VIN and we can have a peek at the claim notes to see what went wrong.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had the regular warranty when I first bought my truck. The warranty puts me at ease to where if something major happens, I don’t have to come up with thousands to fix anything. When I went to have my service done on my vehicle, I asked the people there about warranties. They told me about GWC, and that’s when I purchased their warranty the first time. When the regular warranty ran out, I just kept buying the extended warranty. I just renewed my warranty with them and this time, somebody called me and I got a letter saying that my warranty was about to run out, so I called and ordered it again.

Wear and tear of the vehicle is my problem, but with GWC, I know my truck would be fixed if something happens. My vehicle has only been to the dealership for them to work on it, and I don’t take it to just anybody. I stay with one person so I know who’s working on my vehicle. If anything happens, I know one person that has done the job. If there are any repairs that need to be done on my vehicle, I take it to where I bought it. A couple of times my claim had something to do with the air conditioning. When I turned it on, it made a humming noise, so they fixed that. I take the truck to the dealership and if they find anything, they call it in and tell me that the warranty covers it.

The GWC warranty is really expensive. The first time I purchased a warranty, it was $2,500. This one was almost $5,000 and I put $500 down. I was gonna see if I could make the payments cheaper if I put more money down, but it would only be cheaper by $15 or $20 so it's not worth putting another $500 for that. Nonetheless, Steph the sales rep has been really helpful and courteous. I'd be at work and I’d ask him if he could call me back at this time, and by the time I got home, he was calling me back at the right time.

Original review: April 20, 2019

GWC honored some repair work I had done on my BMW. I had an issue where the backup camera wasn’t working and I took it down to Wyoming Valley Motors in Wilkes-Barre. But then I got a call from the service department and they said GWC wouldn't cover the backup camera. It wasn’t part of the warranty. So I went off the rails. I fought with these guys for two days and it was a lot of aggravation. It got pretty nasty and intense. I actually drove down to Wilkes-Barre and talked to the finance manager. I had paid $5,000 for this and they sold me this warranty. I told him that they had to get it straightened out because I was not paying for it and I wanted it done right then.

Normally, I trade vehicles every three years but this is like a 640. It’s a lot of money. So I decided at the end of the lease to keep it. But I was over the mileage so I couldn't get the CPO from BMW and the finance manager there told me that this warranty was actually probably better than the BMW CPO. I told him to look me right in the face and tell me that, and I would take him at his word. So I ended up buying the GWC warranty. I’m pretty much sold on the pretense that I bought the best warranty I could. But in the situation that I had with Wyoming Valley Motors, they said no. I guess there is a level 1 warranty and I, more or less, got the level 2. But I told them I didn't care about the navigation system. I was more concerned about the drivetrain.

For that issue, I had a real bad experience to start with but at the end of the day, GWC took care of it. I don’t know whether Wyoming Valley Motors fought with GWC and GWC caved. But at the end of the day, I’m just happy that GWC covered it and that Wyoming Valley Motors got it covered. Somebody else, who had experience with it, told me that a lot of times, it depends on how much hold the dealer has with the warranty company. The bigger the dealer and the more business I do with them, the more GWC would be inclined to cover something. When I had some issues down here in Ferman BMW in Tampa, Florida, GWC covered everything. I don’t know whether there was an issue with the dealers and GWC covered this at Ferman because they do more business with Ferman than Wyoming Valley Motors. But it's nice to get what you paid for.

In summary, I’ve had two issues with GWC Warranty and one started off unpleasant but it ended up good, and the second one was fantastic. So I’ve had a good experience with GWC and I appreciate it. I would also certainly recommend it. So far, they’ve done everything they said they were gonna do. If I had to go through this situation again, I would certainly buy the extended warranty from GWC.

GWC Warranty response

Jack, thank you for the review and recommendation. We live up to our promises and believe in serving our customers best-in-class service and coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The dealership that suggested GWC seemed trustworthy, and they also didn't upcharge it a lot like a lot of other people do. They showed me what they pay for it, and what they were selling it to me for. My claims experience with GWC was smooth. The dealership where I took my car called, and they checked. But they were kind of a new dealership. And so, it took them a little bit of time to figure it out and to get it. They wouldn't release the car until it was paid. But I was under the impression that that warranty would work, and that they would work it out at some point. But I didn't know how quickly it could or couldn't work.

It was at Honda Weatherford in Texas. And they didn't get me a loaner car, but they only had the car one day. They fixed the power steering pump because it was really weak. They calculated that it was bad and then, they called GWC and explained it and then they got approval for it. GWC ordered the part from another dealership in Fort Worth and got it later that afternoon and was working on getting it finished. I was impressed they were able do all that.

Having a warranty is valuable considering I've had cars my whole life, and they've always broken down somewhere. I've had good experience with GWC, so far. And the car that I bought was in a good shape when I got it, but it ended up needing a few things. And I should have called, but I wasn't sure it needed a timing belt, and it hadn't been changed. And so, I had the fella change it before I took it over to get the power steering pump because it's sort of warrantied but only if it breaks. But if it breaks, the engine gets ruined. I know they don't cover preventive maintenance but it seemed like it would cost a lot more to the warranty company if it broke and it ruined the engine than if they were to fix it in the first place.

GWC Warranty response

Thomas, thank you for the review! You're right. Vehicles do break at certain points throughout their life cycle and it's safer to have a vehicle service contract in place to help with those repairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: March 17, 2020

The claim submission was easy. They had to replace the motor, so they had a lot of testing and stuff they wanted to do. So my claim did take a little longer than I would’ve wanted to but it was fine afterwards.

GWC Warranty response

Hello Ryan, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We hope you have a great day!

Original review: March 15, 2020

We bought the GWC warranty in 2017. The people we bought the car from recommended it. The auto warranty is great but dealing over the phone with people was really horrible. It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix our car. We had a problem recently where we had to take the car in at the service center that we had it at. They tried to call on our behalf and were treated rather poorly on the phone. Then we tried to call and figure out what we could do to help, and it was like we’d call one day and GWC will call the next day but know nothing about it. This went on for about a week until we finally got somebody a little higher up or a manager who finally spoke with my husband and straightened it out.

We were getting all these warnings and when the service center put the car on the computer, it ended up with the turbo having to be replaced. GWC wanted it taken apart to the turbo before they would say they’d pay for it, which was was gonna be on our lap to pay for the seven hours of labor to do it if they didn’t cover it. And the way that the service center had to take the car apart so that they could show GWC the video of it caused other problems. The oil line got crimped and a couple of other problems arose because of that. This claim took 28 days. GWC covered most of it but wouldn’t pay for the labor at the place we had because labor was higher than what they would cover. We had to pay the difference, about 800 bucks.

GWC Warranty response

Krista, we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, GWC

Original review: March 14, 2020

GWC was offered in the dealership and I have it for three months now. The pamphlet helped me the most because everything was on there. I called GWC when I had a problem with my car and I went through the warranty after that. That claim went pretty well on my part and I got my engine replaced.

GWC Warranty response

Brain, thanks for sharing your feedback!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: March 8, 2020

I purchased a GWC warranty from the dealership where I bought my vehicle. During a planned trip the engine went out on the vehicle. I took the vehicle to a GWC Warranty “recommended” shop, as I was far from home. The warranty company denied my claim stating that I failed to maintain proper care of my vehicle—proper engine oil level. That said, the engine oil was low based on the shop’s findings. I had recently purchased the vehicle, drove it for less than 1600 miles and checked all fluids prior to my trip, including the engine oil which at the time was at a proper level. The vehicle wasn’t due for an oil. The warranty company didn’t even care to investigate why the oil was consumed in less than 3 hrs of driving. Some internal engine parts must have failed for the oil to have been consumed that quick. Overall, my experience with this company was terrible. You’re best off having a car repair fund than allowing companies like this to steal your hard earned cash.

GWC Warranty response

Hi Ildefonso, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. Please provide your contract number or the last 6 of your VIN so we can look into your claim. Thank you, GWC

Original review: March 2, 2020

GWC Warranty was recommended by a friend of mine who had a BMW and said he had great service with them. At the beginning, their customer service was great. Then towards the latest couple of claims I put in, there was a little misunderstanding about what they were gonna pay for but then at the end, they came through. They need to be a lot clear on what they’re gonna cover. It’s a little confusing unless you are a lawyer reading through this contract. But they did come back and paid my claim. So, overall, I'm definitely satisfied, so far.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Jerome .

GWC Warranty Company Information