Avoca, PA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Established in 1995, GWC Warranty has been providing extended auto warranties to help drivers feel safer & protected. GWC works with independent drivers, dealers & agents. GWC offers a variety of protection plans in order to help you find the one that works best for your budget & your needs. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our available plans.

BOTTOM LINE

GWC Warranty is an extended auto warranty broker offering plans for cars with mileages ranging from 0–200,000. Although GWC Warranty is only available at certain dealerships, representatives at these dealerships can answer questions in person.

PROS

• Customizable add-ons
    • High-mileage cars options
    • Coverage for used cars

CONS

• Only at select dealerships
    • Costs not available online

Top GWC Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

There are poor warranty companies out there, but GWC is not one of them. ... . I have never had to wait for this company to call me back to move forward on repairs. They handle 99% of all claims on the first call.

Find my match

GWC Warranty plans

GWC Warranty offers four plans: Powertrain Plus, Essential, Comprehensive and Exclusionary. Plans are available both for new and used vehicles and can be transferred if the vehicle is sold.

Powertrain Plus services

• Comprehensive coverage
      • Technology package
      • Computer module

GWC Warranty coverage

GWC Warranty plans are only available at certain dealerships and can cover vehicles with mileage anywhere from 0–200,000 miles. There is no waiting period, which means you are covered the moment you drive off the lot instead of having to wait 30–60 days to make a claim.

Premium reimbursements for towing, trip interruption and rental car use are available in additional packages. Most plans from GWC Warranty include basic towing reimbursements for no additional fee. The Powertrain Plus plan does not have this feature. GWC Warranty has 3,000 preferred service facilities across the country.

GWC Warranty cost

Prices from GWC Warranty are not available directly on their website. This is common among extended auto warranty companies. If you want a firm price, it’s best to reach out to GWC Warranty directly and ask for a quote based on your vehicle’s information.

GWC Warranty will cover all costs for repairs, minus the deductible. Customers can take their vehicle to the licensed repair facility of their choice. All they have to do is have the repair facility contact GWC Warranty, and GWC Warranty will pay for the repairs, minus the deductible. GWC Warranty can also help customers find a repair shop nearby.

Optional upgrades, like sensor packages, technology packages, and luxury packages, cost extra. GWC Warranty’s "No Worries, Just Drive" package also costs extra but includes zero deductible and zero transfer fee, enhanced rental car and travel reimbursements and other benefits like a $25 gas card and complimentary windshield repair.

Is GWC Warranty good?

GWC Warranty is a good option for new or used car buyers looking for a customizable plan for their car. GWC Warranty will cover cars with up to 200,000 miles. Another huge plus is that the extended auto warranty coverage kicks in as soon as the car is purchased instead of undergoing a waiting period. Packages include protection for high-tech features and options like zero deductible plans. With so many choices, GWC Warranty is a good option for consumers who want as much customizability as possible.

GWC Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GWC Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I bought a used vehicle at one of our local car dealerships and it was a vehicle that had been traded in. They are one of the authorized service centers and they sold me the GWC warranty. I had to file a claim a month ago and the claim process went very well. It took a couple of days for the claims rep from GWC to go to the dealer and make sure that everything was gonna be covered. They approved everything 100%, so I just had to pay the deductible and fluids. I have a diesel and I lost the injectors. Unfortunately, the car was in the shop for almost three weeks, which was my only complaint with the whole thing. I don’t think that really had anything to do with GWC since that had to do with the local dealership. But the parts manager and the service staff of the dealership did it all on my behalf so it was really seamless and it was good.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Jeffrey!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We were buying a used vehicle and the warranty was a big up for my son. The dealership recommended it, so we just went ahead with it and I’m so glad we did. I would not recommend that dealer to anybody ever again. Absolutely, hands down awful. Their rep barely explained the coverage. He made it seem like GWC would cover everything including the oil changes. I’ve had several vehicles in my lifetime and not one of them has ever covered an oil change.

He didn’t spend the time to detail the three service tiers that they offer and how each tier actually differs from the last. And there really is no difference. You go to the next tier and they’re adding additional items to cover. The only reason I know it like that is because I then did my research and I called GWC directly so I could ask them because it was just sell for the dealership, and that’s their job -- to sell and move the cars off the lot. I thought the car wasn’t that old. You never know how the previous owner treated it. And because this was my son’s newer vehicle, it made sense that he had that extra protection.

Within three months of getting the car, we had our first claim. It was awful dealing with the dealership because we brought it back to the place where we purchased the vehicle, and they did not diagnose it as a water pump. Initially, they diagnosed it as the water pump but did not change it. They changed something else and charged GWC for the water pump.

On the other hand, GWC was fabulous. When I was doing my research and asking questions, I said, “Act like I’m fresh out of the womb and don’t know nothing” and the guy said, “First of all, if you’re talking out of the womb, we need to have a discussion.” He was fabulous. So far, each time I called GWC, I’ve had good experiences and they’ve even given me advice that I didn’t even think of that I should have called them for. I would recommend GWC based on our experience in the last year and a half. My son got his car in November of 2018, then November 2019 we had another issue start and GWC has been fabulous. I would recommend them.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the 5-star review, Shelly!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My car had stopped and it was an engine problem. At first, things weren’t going as smoothly with the technicians. It was taking so long. I didn’t have a car. But they finally got things together and we go by first name basis now since I’ve been in there so much. I got the other engine put into it, and everything has been good. They told me that if anything goes wrong, just make sure I call them, so I got them on speed dial. I got a Mercedes, so repair was gonna be expensive. But with GWC, it was good that I didn’t have to come out of my pocket with any money. I like that it was available for me.

GWC Warranty response

Glad to hear it, Darnell! Thanks for the review.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The shop I bought the car from recommended GWC and advised to get it. I contacted GWC and they answered my questions right away. It came in handy earlier this year because I had an oil leak problem and my air conditioning was not blowing cool air. The mechanic shop submitted the claim and they just let me know what came next. It worked pretty well but it took a little bit longer than I expected.

Then, today, I just dropped off my car because I'm having some issues and I would hope that they go fast because this is the only car I have right now. The mechanic is gonna check it out for the symptoms that I gave them. Once they determine what the issue is, they said they’re gonna call GWC and have their guy come out, take a look at it, and then make sure it’s covered under my warranty. Also, I saw on my warranty that they offer up to one week of a car rental so I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of that. Hopefully, they do right by me on that and I’ll go from there. But overall, my overall experience has been very well.

GWC Warranty response

Thanks for the review, Juan!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I was getting a used vehicle. GWC looked like they had the best options and best prices for what I was looking for. I had a really good dealer and he explained it very well. That’s what kinda helped me get this warranty. He also showed me all the package, he went through them all, and he kinda recommended GWC. In the end, I picked the one I felt fit me. I've been with GWC for a year and a half. I used them a few times and every time, it went very well and easy. I didn’t have any problems. When I had to get my car fixed, the people had to get in touch with GWC and they worked that all out. That was the last time I contacted them. The warranty service is of very good quality. If I could, I would maybe try to stay with them for my next vehicle.

GWC Warranty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lamar. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

GWC Warranty

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek last year that had been maintained beautifully at a Subaru dealership. The car dealership offered to sell me the GWC warranty and I bought it as I am a medical student that wouldn't be able to afford it if something went catastrophically wrong with my car. When I was driving, the car broke down and I had it towed to a preferred facility who said that the transmission froze causing two of my axles to break. GWC sent out an inspector who said that the transmission froze due to low differential fluids. The problem is that the transmission has been serviced by the Subaru Dealership within the manufacturer's recommended 30,000 miles.

It is stated in the contract that I signed that the car must be serviced as recommended by the manufacturer's guidelines and it has. Now they are trying to say that it is not covered because of the fluid being low, even though it has been serviced. This company will try to get out of covering anything, and you are better served saving your money. They are currently re-reviewing my case, and I will update this review if they decide to become a reputable company. I will be taking further steps to make sure that they follow the contract that I signed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Updated on 09/29/2020: After finally get my vehicle repaired after taking 3 weeks calling GWC, The Mechanic shop had informed me the my truck had a exhaust leak in the manifold and it looks like due to warpage of the manifolds the bolts broke off, which is a common problem on those years of the truck, so I looked up my coverage where it sates manifolds and gaskets are covered so the shop called the GWC who said the bolts are not covered, so once again on the phone with GWC who 2 reps on 2 separate calls said that if indeed the manifolds where damaged cracked or warped that you they would pay for the repair, I would need to consent to have them taken off and they would need to send pictures of the damaged manifolds.

So I took the truck to a exhaust specialist who told me the same things that the manifolds are cracked or warped, so I made a appoint with Jumbos auto who had done the previous work that they had to fight with GWC to get fixed, for Tuesday the 29th since Yom Kippur they were closed on Monday, So I thought I had better call to confirm what I had been previously told that if the manifolds are cracked or warped that they would cover it, otherwise it would be a $1200 cost to me to repair. So now GWC informed me they called the dealer and said the dealer would assist me in the repair. So I call the dealer who said he did not say that at all.

I would have never bought the truck with the sound it now makes from the exhaust and the smell in the cab, I would have asked the dealer to fix it before purchase or bought another truck I had a deposit down on. So now GWC is telling me they will not pay for anything having to do with exhaust and they want a 3 way call with the dealer, I have no information on what the dealer said or even why they called them. Again this seems to be a business practice at GWC to try to get out of paying for repairs.

They have the opinion that since they paid for the 1st repairs after 3 weeks and the run-around that now they are not paying for anything and that this is my fault somehow, after taking Ubers to work and making arrangements for my job and travel that I really wanted this to happen. And now I have a car I spent every penny I had on that I can't really drive. It’s just not right.

Original Review: After spending every penny I had on a used truck, The dealer had pitched me a warranty which I thought was a good idea based on the mileage and year, so I did some research and even asked my mechanic who said GWC was better than mos and had a good relationship with them, and the dealer said that they were really good. So I purchased it.

I drove the truck for 2 days when the engine was making a diesel sound and a sound ticking sound, (9-8-2020) so I called my mechanic said not to drive it and they would pick it up. The shop then called and said I would need to agree to the diagnostic fee to take the motor a part S485.00, So I agreed and then he called a day later and said it was the timing chain and the spacers and the loud ticking was the exhaust manifold either cracked or warped and broke a few of the bolts off and it was leaking exhaust which I did smell in the cab same day it started running bad and making a Dieseling sound. So I checked my warranty, and it listed timing chain and the exhaust manifold. I called the dealer and he said not to worry. It would be covered.

So the shop put a call in to GWC, who did not take their word for the repairs 3 days go by while we wait for them to send a third party to inspect the damage parts and then another 3 days for GWC to review it. After multiple calls to GWC (on hold every time forever) then said it would be the next morning, then the next then they said they were waiting on report, (which I knew they already had I checked with the inspectors office) so I felt I was getting the run around, so finally the shop called me (09/17/20) and said they need picture of the cam so they sent that then they called me back later that evening and said they would not cover the manifolds but would cover the timing chain. I called GWC and they stated the inspector said the leak was due to missing bolts, the manifolds were not removed.

So I did some research on the topic and its a common problem on the F150 for the manifold to crack or warp causing the bolts to break, so they are denied the claim without really knowing. So the shop said they would need to take off and inspect, I have not slept in 2 weeks 9with the cost hanging over my head) and have had to take Ubers to work. I reviewed the warranty and it does say the manifold is covered and informed the dealer who said it was for sure covered. So now I need to have the shop take the manifolds off to inspect at my cost and repair at $1300. This is my first experience with a auto warranty company and it's been a nightmare. I spent every penny I had on the truck and really don't have the money to fix it, and basically the truck is undrivable.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased a 4 year old car with a GWC warranty, thinking I would drive with no worries. A year later the engine light came on and it would sometimes cut off so, I takes it in to the shop to get it repaired. I found out that it would cost over a $1000 to get repaired. I’m still thinking everything’s going to be ok because, I have a warranty with GWC. I was so wrong. They told me they don’t cover the outside of the engine even though the car doesn’t run and the engine light is on. Now I’m coming out of my own pocket for the repairs. This is the worst warranty company to buy from. Please shop around, I wish I did!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought a used car from dealership. I had gotten the Essential plan .. thinking this is a great idea.. I had the car one week and one day driving home from work car started to overheat. I pull the car over. Turn it off smoke coming out of the engine. I call GWC for roadside assistance at 7:20 pm. Was on hold forever. Someone answer about 7:50. Supposedly couldn’t hear me. Told me to call back. I do. On hold again then get message they close at 8:00 pm. So I called a tow company to get the car home. Call GWC next day. They tow the car to a a licensed auto shop. Long story short the engine needs to be replaced. The auto shop does not replace engines so call GWC.

We tow the car to Sunny’s Auto where I purchased the car because they have auto repair shop. I pay the out of pocket expense for the tow they don’t cover. Well I talked to the guy at the auto shop and he proceeds to let me know that GWC does not cover the repair because a hose busted and got liquid all over the engine and the hose is the cause of the engine failure. This is what GWC told me and the auto shop.. From first to last conversation with all of the people I talked to from GCW knew everything that went down with the car and that the car overheated. The white smoke coming out of hood, engine fried because it overheated. Remember I only had this car for one week and they don’t cover the cost because the hose busted.

What a scam this company is... I would never recommend it to anyone.... I work hard for every bit of money I make and sure do not have money to throw away on a car I have had for a week.. I have literally have cried over over because of the financial position this is putting in.. I don’t have a few thousand of dollars laying around to buy another engine... Shame on this company I taking advantage of people especially in these times.. So disappointing.... So if you are buying a car do not have any dealings with GWC..

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased the extended warranty for my 2013 535I BMW and have only made one claim against my warranty in three years. Unfortunately, during this Covid 19 pandemic, my car need repairs. I am a critical nurse and had no choice but to have repairs completed immediately so I could get back and forth to work. I submitted my claim to GWC and it was denied. I am so upset. The customer service manager admitted the work I had completed was covered but refused to assist me with my claim. I paid $3100.00 for this warranty and only used it once. Buyer beware.. Save your money. The money spent on buying the extended warranty can be used to pay for your car repairs.

GWC Warranty author review by Lauren Fix

GWC Warranty provides exclusionary coverage and stated component coverage for new and used vehicles. The company’s vehicle service contracts are transferable but are only available at select dealerships.

• Cost: GWC Warranty doesn’t have prices listed on its website. The average extended auto warranty costs between $350 and $1,000 a year. Use this as a benchmark when considering any quote from GWC Warranty.

• Plans: GWC Warranty has four plans: Powertrain Plus services, Essential services, Comprehensive services and Exclusionary services. Plans are available for vehicles with up to 200,000 miles on them.

• Benefits: Most GWC Warranty plans include towing reimbursements. All plans are transferable. GWC Warranty’s “No Worries, Just Drive” package has a zero-deductible policy and no transfer fees. Other benefits include improved travel and rental car reimbursements, free windshield repair and a $25 gas card.

• Standout feature: GWC Warranty’s plans have no waiting period, so coverage begins immediately upon purchase. This is a rare policy in the industry.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

GWC Warranty Company Information