It's that easy Request Information
4.58/5
Based on 568 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Has been in the industry for decades, offers plans backed by an A rating from A.M. Best on all warranty plans offered. Purchasing a warranty plan can sometimes prove to be a huge risk, especially if that company does not offer plans backed by an insurance carrier. AA Auto Protection has a long-standing record with plans backed by a high rating from A.M. Best. They'll offer a money back guarantee for 30 days after your initial purchase date of the contract. Let AA Auto Protection give you peace of mind while you’re on the road. Call today for a free quote!

AA Auto Protection Video
ABBB Rating
View More View More

606 AA Auto Protection Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

June 6, 2018 canceled my warranty after being in effect since June 26, 2017. Followed directions exactly for the canceling of this policy including a notary seal. Sent cancellation USPS return receipt requested for my protection. Deanna ** informed me I would receive refund by check. On August 9th and 10th left message at extension ** which is Deanna **. No returns calls. On August 13 reached Deanna ** and was informed my refund is for $502.26. On September 5, 2018 spoke with Deanna ** and now they wanted my banking information for the refund. No, I want my refund credited to my Discover Card you have on file ending in my last four digits which AA Auto Protection has for their prior automatic monthly payments. September 13th, 14th, 17th left message for Deanna ** with no return phone call.

September 18 was able to reach Deanna **. Asked for the person in charge of the refunds which is Jim ** extension **. Left message for him to phone me or refund me my dollars. No return phone call. 9/18/18 emailed Deanna ** regarding my refund. 9/19/18 left message again for Jim **. Spoke to Deanna **. She has no answers but has informed me it has nothing to do with me doing something wrong. 9/20/18 Left message and finally after several attempts reached Deanna **. Jim ** to refund mine and several other people within one day. I was assured that this company does not have a cash flow problem. 9/21/18 Deanna ** Jim ** to push the button and refund monies today. 9/24/18 Left message and I phoned back again for Deanna **. She stated Jim (**) on Friday did the refunds. He told her "done."

I asked her if he batched the refunds. She told me I that I know what I'm speaking about but she doesn't have that information. 9/25/18 Deanna ** is not answering her phone and neither is Jim ** (left message again). I have been told this company has been working on other things and as not had time to refund my money. In addition, I have been told there is no cash flow problems. And I keep getting the runaround. There is something wrong with this company when they cannot uphold their own contract when they expect the consumer to follow their policy.

I am still waiting for my refund as of 9/25/18. My concern is this company continues to write policies and may continue to hold their customers' refunds. I want my refund of $502.26 credited to my Discover Card as agreed to ASAP as their warranty states. "After 30 days if canceled with no claims a refund is issued for the prorated unused portion of the service contract coverage." I had Zero claims.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

They charge me almost 4k for the best protection with them and the first time I tried to use to replace a shifter assembly thru my authorized dealer, they said that it's not covered. Call them a few times. Had a dropped call couple times and they sent me a bunch of things that you have to do to cancel the contract. This is a scam. Be aware!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased extended warranty with this scam company and paid extra for seals and gaskets. Took my car in for work and sent an appraisal adjuster to investigate my claims which were leaking seal. To my surprise they denied my car though I am paying extra for seals. Contacted them and referred to the cancellation department. Sent all the documents they require and to my surprise no refund!!! Sent 4 letters as of 13 Sept 2018 no response or refund!!! How can the BBB give them a high rating? I will do the same as the last person and do whatever I can to lower their rating and have their rating drop to 1 star!!! Next stop news media!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchase a warranty from this company and I am still waiting to have my car repaired. They was going to send an inspector to make sure that the dealer's service department was correct on what needed to be repaired. I asked the company was this going to occur on every work order if something needs to be repaired and they stated yes. This the first warranty company I dealt with that ever wanted to inspect every claim made to repair my car. Beware of this company, once you purchase this warranty it is very difficult to cancel after 30 days.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I wish they zero stars. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM BUSINESS!!! Got the Platinum package. Turbo went on engine, a month in the shop getting the run around they finally come back and use the words wear and tear and claim denied. WTF is a warranty for but wear and tear. I’m going to haunt you, Attorney General, BBB, claims court and posting whenever I can. Stay away please!!! Trust me. Sounds great at first when you sign up, complete ** show after that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased a auto protection plan from AA Auto Protection. Matt ** was my consultant. I gave a down deposit and the payments were not supposed to come out until a month later. A week later I actually purchased a new vehicle and called Matt and cancelled the protection plan because obviously I now have a brand new vehicle and don't have that other vehicle anymore. Well that month past and they took the money out anyways. And I checked back on my bank account and they never refunded me the down deposit! I have called several times now and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IS HELPING ME! So now I am contacting my bank to dispute the charges and cancel any more charges from this company!!! And this is not a 24 hour company either, so I hope you never need a tow or help after hours!

Original review: July 19, 2018

AVOID--AVOID--AVOID! I filled out an online questionnaire seeking quote for auto warranty. Requested email quote. Received a few phone calls. Called back and left message on their answer phone to please not call, just email quote. Again another call and message. Called back, call was connected and then I had to wait 5/6 seconds for a man to begin speaking. After providing my name and that I was returning his call he indignantly asked what the call was in reference to?

Annoyed and now hostile, I said, "**, I don't appreciate hanging on for several seconds and said that I had left a message for email contact." He abruptly said he did not appreciate my language. Politely I told him that I wished not to do business with he or his firm, to please remove my name and email address from their records and said goodbye and disconnected the call. With a minute I then received a deluge 14+ until I was able to block the incoming emails from Matthew. Very poor telephone skills. 0/10, with 10 being best, AA Auto registers a ZERO.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased a auto warranty which I was told by John ** was Platinum Bumper to Bumper. Now when I had my bumper to bumper from the dealership there was no problem if something went that was covered by the warranty. It was paid for after I paid my deductible. Well I had made sure that when I went looking for a warranty on my new Jeep I told John I wanted the same warranty. He assured me that this Platinum coverage was the one I was looking for so I bought this warranty back in 2016. Well this weekend for the first time I needed to use this warranty. I paid my deductible which was 100.00 dollars. My jeep dealer called the warranty company to get approval and was told that they would only give them a certain amount that the Jeep repair shop was asking for too much.

Now he told me that this is what it cost them for the parts and that after what the warranty company would pay them that I would have to also pay another 180.00 beside the 100.00 deductible that I had already paid. Never mind the 2200.00 I paid for the Platinum policy. So what am I suppose to do? Run around to different shops to find someone who will do it for what this warranty company is willing to pay? This is a complete ripoff that they are pulling. Now I'm out 2200.00 dollars plus the 100.00 deductible. My jeep hasn't been repaired. I am also putting a complaint in with the Better Business and also John ** doesn't even have the courtesy to call me back.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Since 10-02-2017 struggling for refund. SENT 4-1-18 NSF w/ penalty. AA Auto car warranty finally issued a refund 4-1-2018, that I got 4-9-18, and I deposited with less cash back. Receive notice from my bank the refund check was returned. NSF would not clear 4-10-18. Ran twice and did not clear, then ran check again 4-12-18 and did not clear, I got the copy of check back 4-16-18 and called AA Auto and they said they would reissue my check with increased $10.00 NSF I was charged. 1-800-222-4445 ext ** DENNA. She attempted to offer a direct deposit but needed my account number, and I refused to give her my bank account number. Then she offered to put the refund on my credit card but needed my credit card number to do that. I refused again and told her I wanted a Cashier’s check for my refund.

She had the least concern and told me, "We don't do cashier’s checks here. You'll just have to wait if you don't want us doing a direct deposit to your bank." End of conversation and I told her I will be looking for the refund check in the mail then. She did not say when my refund would be reissued either. I called back today 4-19 -2018. Asked when my check would be mailed and avoid to answer with reminding me, “We already talked 2 days ago about this and you will get it mailed cause you don't want us depositing it in your bank.” Again I demanded when is my check going to be mailed, when??? Then I was put on hold about a minute, and then told, the check will be mailed today (Today 4-19-2018). AA Auto refunds are sponsored with a parent company IVY LEAGUE International LTD, Longhorn, PA. 19047. The bank name Commerce no longer exist but merged under TD Bank Longhorn, PA. Phone 1-215-757-1891.

I called this bank 4-17-18 and confirmed that this account had enough to cover my bounced check and he said he did not know why that happened. Now this parent company is my next step. AA Auto has shady employees??? Question this whole heartily and there is nobody yet to fix my dilemma, and oh yes I hope the police does take action soon, I have been in contact with them as well. Nor did I get a break down of my refund calculations either.

Original review: March 16, 2018

March 16, 2018. I Purchased a car in 2014. At about 1-2 weeks later I purchase a warranty with AA Auto Protection Lienholder Omnisure Group. Since then I only had two issues with the car and they refuse to pay both claims or only paid for certain things. They say due to wear and tear or item not covered under this warranty. I wish they would really explain the type of coverage that you are getting yourself into before purchasing. I feel like this warranty was a waste of money on my end. Any car with over 60000 miles has wear and tear. This is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. I went by Consumer Affairs and that's why I bought the warranty. I will do whatever I take to give them bad reviews. I purchase a warranty for peace of mind not a headache. Now I will probably have to purchase another car because I can't afford to pay about $3500 worth of work because of nuts and bolts are not covered.

They tell you, "All you have to do is go to a dealership, show them your warranty card and we will handle the rest." That did not happen. Not even one time. I want people to be aware of this company because all they do is take people's money and no further. I will be posting ads everywhere about this company. I've never dealt with anybody like this ever in my life. By the way one star is too much. What a waste of $1.740.00. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I cancelled my coverage per the terms and conditions and sent the necessary documentation as outlined in the coverage documents (also confirmed with representative - name available and actual email correspondence is saved). Agent keeps telling there is no problem and I should receive a check and I have not received the check. I have been following up since beginning of February, recently tried reaching out to supervisor Mr. ** multiple times and no response or has never answered the phone. I have confirmation that they received the documentation on 19-Dec-2017. My complaint is that they haven't refunded the amount they owe me per the contract terms. It seems it has happened to lot of consumers. Not sure how many consumers just gave up on their $2K and the company just made some unethical money from them!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I originally order extended auto service, extended coverage in January 26, 2018, with a down payment for $99.00. However, after receiving the contract registration booklet, I decided to call and cancel my coverage on February 13, 2018. I was told that I would have my refund credited to my account within 10 days. Per the contract terms on page 10 of their booklet it states: Cancellation requests received within the first thirty (30) days will received a full refund, less any approved claim amounts. I called back on Tuesday, February 27th, and the CSR answering the phone transferred me to voicemail. I left a message requesting a callback. No response. On Thursday, March 1st, going through their audio response system, press the options to get transferred for cancellation and left another message. No response.

On Friday, March 2nd, called the Service Contract Administration found on page 12 of AA Auto Protection Contract booklet, only to be told that the contract was NOT yet canceled and was still active. On Monday, March 5th, called again, this time getting a young lady who told me that my account was canceled and was going to transferred my call to her boss. He had told me that a credit had been issued previously, and he would e-mail me documentation to give my back regarding this transaction. However, when I did get his e-mail, the credit issued for the full amount of $99.00 was dated March 5, 2018, the date of his email. These people do not response to voicemail or email when left with them. Totally disgusted with this poor customer service and glad I have canceled my account.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Purchased a car. At 2 weeks later purchase their warranty. Had two issues with a car and they refuse to pay both claims. They say due to wear. There I was purchased with a hundred thousand miles. Any car with 100000 miles has wear and tear. I only had the car prior two weeks of the warranty. They tried to sell you some nonsense on the phone about wear and tear which makes absolutely no sense. This is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. I went by Consumer Affairs and that's why I bought the warranty. What a mistake. I will do whatever I take to give them bad reviews. I purchase a warranty for peace of mind not a headache.

I even have a recorded conversation of the gentleman who sold me the warranty telling me, "All you have to do is going to a dealership show them your warranty card and we will call up and pay them with our credit card." That did not happen not even one time. I want people to be aware of this company because all they do is take people's money and no further I will be posting ads everywhere about this company. I've never dealt with anybody like this ever in my life. By the way one star is too much.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We subscribed to the AA Auto Protection Service. A situation arose in which we had to cancel the service within the 30 days. We spoke with Diana and she and her supervisor were very prompt in getting us our refund. They truly are a good and reputable company to deal with. Once our financial situation is where we want it, we plan on picking back up the plan. Thanks AA Auto Protection, we will be back and will also recommend you to our friends.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

They are available when they need to sell you their warranty. But getting no help when it's time to cancel and receive my refund. I cancelled my policy 30 days after I got it, and been waiting for 5 months.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

In Sept 2017 I purchases a plan from AA Auto. Within 10 days, I contacted them and advised I changed my mind. After trying to unsuccessfully trying to tab me until keeping my coverage by lowering TBD cost, I was told my initial payment of 59 would be refunded. Payment was not refunded and I also was charged again for the service I canceled. I called back again today. As soon as my call was answered and I started explaining reason for call, Josh disconnected my call and now each time I call I get a message to leave a message and someone will get back to me. Totally not acceptable. This caused several items of mine to be returned unpaid.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Beware this coverage is a sham. The sales team will sell you a dream warranty to get you to purchase, but when you need to use your coverage, additional reasons as to why and when the coverage will apply changes. We brought our vehicle into the dealership TWICE for repair and were told it was covered under our plan, only to be told the opposite once an agent was sent to review the claim. We were told it was denied due to a pre-existing condition, but the dealership denounced that claim both times. They had no proof to determine that, in fact, the agent did nothing but take a picture while at the dealership, so that can't prove when the issue occurred. Because we were denied both times, we were left with repair costs for thousands of dollars. Don't buy this warranty, you are better off going with the dealership when you purchase the vehicle. We will be canceling our plan and requesting a full refund for denial of coverage.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 31, 2017

Omnisure took my plan payments for 10 months for AA AUTO PROTECTION of Langhorne, Pa. Surrendered my car through my bankruptcy, cancelled payments with Omnisure and was promised a partial refund. Sent all info they wanted in May, it's been 9 weeks, no refund, no response from them. Saw online there is a Federal lawsuit since 2015 for non payment of refunds. Don't use them or Omnisure, total scam.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I purchased an extended warranty for my car on 1/24/17 by using my debit card for 99.00, I asked them to bill me for payments, also I had 30 days to cancel my policy. They sent the policy contract and to my surprise they are billing my debit card starting 2/17/17 for 95.40. I called on 2/15/17 to cancel the policy and spoke to someone named Jim, he said no problems, they will put the funds back on my debit card that day. As of today I still have not received my refund and I can't reach anyone at the company.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My auto warranty just ran out and I was trying to find one that's legitimate and not get screwed over. I made a few calls and some were pretty obvious they're not who to go with. I picked AA Auto Protection because they looked pretty squared away in everything. Their rep was all right, however I was told that I was gonna get something within five days but it's been way over and I haven't received anything from them. I'm not too happy with that situation. I already paid my premium and they just got my money and that's it, no nothing.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have been wondering how my friend's car is so nice all the time so he referred me to AA Auto Protection. I wanted to protect my car and recently I started using their service. Their reps have been helpful for the most part and I have extension for a person that I was speaking to directly and they emailed me. Everything was pretty legit.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

The AA Auto specialist was pretty knowledgeable even though he over-pushed his product a little too much. But we worked through that and making payments was easy enough. I feel good about AA Auto knowing I have the protection.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I just got a new car so I wanted it to be safe and AA Auto Protection sounded like the best one. I was told it was $49 and it was refundable if I cancelled within 30 days. I felt like I was told to get it and then if I don’t want it or change my mind, to just cancel it. The rep went over the benefits. I asked how claim filing would work and was told to just go to a shop and if they accept it, it's a $100 deductible and that's about it. I only had it for less than 30 days and cancelled because I didn't understand it too well. The concept sounded good but I would have liked a little more detail because I did say I never had a warranty before and wanted to know how it works.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I wanted a warranty because I was not gonna trade my car in, and I chose AA Auto because of the woman that talked to me and sold me the package. She was very professional and I think very highly of her. She spoke of having an incident in her car and I asked her if she used the same policy, and she said yes. Something happened to her Toyota and AA Auto took care of it, and that’s what sold me on the warranty. One thing I didn’t like about them, however, is that nothing is written up on their website about any work being done by anybody. Everybody was happy about getting the program but I didn’t hear anybody using the program yet. If there had been customers saying they used the warranty and that AA Auto took care of them, that would have been a lot easier to sell the package. Overall I’m satisfied with AA Auto so far but if something happens and my warranty doesn’t cover it, I’ll drop it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

AA Auto offers more in repairs and they seem to provide more than some other warranty companies. Since the type of automobile I have is old and expensive to fix, I was hoping I could work out something that was good and reliable on warranties. I then called the AA specialist when they were offering a discount before the New Year, and he was clear and I understood what he said. They were easy to get in touch with.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I heard that AA Auto Protection is a good place for people to work with. It's been almost three years since I started using their services and all of their customer service reps have been good.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Our auto warranty was up and we forgot to renew it from our old one so we decided to get a new one. We went with AA Auto Protection because they had a discount. The rep helped with all the answers on the questions we asked. Purchasing the warranty was really easy.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Our car's warranty was about to expire without protection. We read the reviews from different companies and AA Auto seemed to have the best reviews at the time. The rep that we talked to was very helpful and making my payments was very easy. It's been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've always bought warranties on used cars since they don't come with one. AA Auto responded before anyone else that I called. The specialist was able to explain everything to me and they worked with me on the payments.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I needed to make sure that I took care of the used vehicle that I purchased so I considered getting an auto warranty. AA Auto Protection had a great price and their monthly payments fit my range. When I talked to their representative, he was very helpful and explained all the benefits and the process of filing claims. I have already told my family members about some extra insurance that I decided to get for my vehicle including my son who drives a fairly brand new Lexus. At least he knows that when his warranty runs out, he can extend it with AA. They are doing a great job.

AA Auto Protection expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers a unique variety of customizable plans with nationwide service, 24/7 roadside assistance and easy payment plans. Secure a high level of coverage through this company’s online portal.

• Instant quote: Receive an instant quote on your extended auto warranty when you complete a short form on AA Auto Protection’s website. Your information is always kept secure, and they never share it with a third party.

• Customized payment plans: AA Auto Protection wants their customers to feel comfortable with the amount of money they pay for coverage each month, which is why they offer easy payment plans. Contact a specialist to find out what payment options are available for you that will meet your needs and budget.

• Specials: Check AA Auto Protection’s website to find out what specials they are currently running that can save you money on your coverage plan.

• Plan variety: No two drivers have the same coverage needs, which is why AA Auto Protection offers a variety of different plans. Read specifics on their website, or call to speak to a representative about which plan will work best for you.

• Transferable: Your coverage agreement can be transferred to a private party at any point during its term, which can be a selling point if you are considering selling your vehicle during the timeframe of your coverage plan.

• Best for: AA Auto Protection is best for used car owners, busy families and drivers who drive numerous miles.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AA Auto Protection Company Information