Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Has been in the industry for decades, offers plans backed by an A rating from A.M. Best on all warranty plans offered. Purchasing a warranty plan can sometimes prove to be a huge risk, especially if that company does not offer plans backed by an insurance carrier. AA Auto Protection has a long-standing record with plans backed by a high rating from A.M. Best. They'll offer a money back guarantee for 30 days after your initial purchase date of the contract. Let AA Auto Protection give you peace of mind while you’re on the road. Call today for a free quote!

AA Auto Protection Video
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

592 AA Auto Protection Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

In Sept 2017 I purchases a plan from AA Auto. Within 10 days, I contacted them and advised I changed my mind. After trying to unsuccessfully trying to tab me until keeping my coverage by lowering TBD cost, I was told my initial payment of 59 would be refunded. Payment was not refunded and I also was charged again for the service I canceled. I called back again today. As soon as my call was answered and I started explaining reason for call, Josh disconnected my call and now each time I call I get a message to leave a message and someone will get back to me. Totally not acceptable. This caused several items of mine to be returned unpaid.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Beware this coverage is a sham. The sales team will sell you a dream warranty to get you to purchase, but when you need to use your coverage, additional reasons as to why and when the coverage will apply changes. We brought our vehicle into the dealership TWICE for repair and were told it was covered under our plan, only to be told the opposite once an agent was sent to review the claim. We were told it was denied due to a pre-existing condition, but the dealership denounced that claim both times. They had no proof to determine that, in fact, the agent did nothing but take a picture while at the dealership, so that can't prove when the issue occurred. Because we were denied both times, we were left with repair costs for thousands of dollars. Don't buy this warranty, you are better off going with the dealership when you purchase the vehicle. We will be canceling our plan and requesting a full refund for denial of coverage.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 31, 2017

Omnisure took my plan payments for 10 months for AA AUTO PROTECTION of Langhorne, Pa. Surrendered my car through my bankruptcy, cancelled payments with Omnisure and was promised a partial refund. Sent all info they wanted in May, it's been 9 weeks, no refund, no response from them. Saw online there is a Federal lawsuit since 2015 for non payment of refunds. Don't use them or Omnisure, total scam.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I purchased an extended warranty for my car on 1/24/17 by using my debit card for 99.00, I asked them to bill me for payments, also I had 30 days to cancel my policy. They sent the policy contract and to my surprise they are billing my debit card starting 2/17/17 for 95.40. I called on 2/15/17 to cancel the policy and spoke to someone named Jim, he said no problems, they will put the funds back on my debit card that day. As of today I still have not received my refund and I can't reach anyone at the company.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My auto warranty just ran out and I was trying to find one that's legitimate and not get screwed over. I made a few calls and some were pretty obvious they're not who to go with. I picked AA Auto Protection because they looked pretty squared away in everything. Their rep was all right, however I was told that I was gonna get something within five days but it's been way over and I haven't received anything from them. I'm not too happy with that situation. I already paid my premium and they just got my money and that's it, no nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have been wondering how my friend's car is so nice all the time so he referred me to AA Auto Protection. I wanted to protect my car and recently I started using their service. Their reps have been helpful for the most part and I have extension for a person that I was speaking to directly and they emailed me. Everything was pretty legit.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

The AA Auto specialist was pretty knowledgeable even though he over-pushed his product a little too much. But we worked through that and making payments was easy enough. I feel good about AA Auto knowing I have the protection.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I just got a new car so I wanted it to be safe and AA Auto Protection sounded like the best one. I was told it was $49 and it was refundable if I cancelled within 30 days. I felt like I was told to get it and then if I don’t want it or change my mind, to just cancel it. The rep went over the benefits. I asked how claim filing would work and was told to just go to a shop and if they accept it, it's a $100 deductible and that's about it. I only had it for less than 30 days and cancelled because I didn't understand it too well. The concept sounded good but I would have liked a little more detail because I did say I never had a warranty before and wanted to know how it works.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I wanted a warranty because I was not gonna trade my car in, and I chose AA Auto because of the woman that talked to me and sold me the package. She was very professional and I think very highly of her. She spoke of having an incident in her car and I asked her if she used the same policy, and she said yes. Something happened to her Toyota and AA Auto took care of it, and that’s what sold me on the warranty. One thing I didn’t like about them, however, is that nothing is written up on their website about any work being done by anybody. Everybody was happy about getting the program but I didn’t hear anybody using the program yet. If there had been customers saying they used the warranty and that AA Auto took care of them, that would have been a lot easier to sell the package. Overall I’m satisfied with AA Auto so far but if something happens and my warranty doesn’t cover it, I’ll drop it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

AA Auto offers more in repairs and they seem to provide more than some other warranty companies. Since the type of automobile I have is old and expensive to fix, I was hoping I could work out something that was good and reliable on warranties. I then called the AA specialist when they were offering a discount before the New Year, and he was clear and I understood what he said. They were easy to get in touch with.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I heard that AA Auto Protection is a good place for people to work with. It's been almost three years since I started using their services and all of their customer service reps have been good.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Our auto warranty was up and we forgot to renew it from our old one so we decided to get a new one. We went with AA Auto Protection because they had a discount. The rep helped with all the answers on the questions we asked. Purchasing the warranty was really easy.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Our car's warranty was about to expire without protection. We read the reviews from different companies and AA Auto seemed to have the best reviews at the time. The rep that we talked to was very helpful and making my payments was very easy. It's been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've always bought warranties on used cars since they don't come with one. AA Auto responded before anyone else that I called. The specialist was able to explain everything to me and they worked with me on the payments.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I needed to make sure that I took care of the used vehicle that I purchased so I considered getting an auto warranty. AA Auto Protection had a great price and their monthly payments fit my range. When I talked to their representative, he was very helpful and explained all the benefits and the process of filing claims. I have already told my family members about some extra insurance that I decided to get for my vehicle including my son who drives a fairly brand new Lexus. At least he knows that when his warranty runs out, he can extend it with AA. They are doing a great job.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My car would probably run for the 100,000 miles but I wanted the auto warranty as a backup. The rep from AA Auto seemed to be knowledgeable and purchasing the warranty has been fairly easy. I know people like Clark Howard has nothing nice to say about AA Auto but some of them might be worth a punt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Different companies were calling me for an extended auto warranty because my warranty had expired, and I was trying to get the best deal. AA Auto Protection had the best prices and the most coverage. The rep was pretty cool. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be able to arrive at a decision. He broke it down for me. I pay with my credit card, so it wasn't hard to make payments for my warranty. By and large, the experience I had with AA Auto Protection was pretty cool and laid-back.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I was 1,000 miles from my warranty going out on my car and needed to get an extended because I got two more years of car payment with it. I went online, had seen a couple of other warranty companies, and was leery for several weeks then AA Auto stuck out with me. I've spoken to their rep Diana and since getting the service, it's been a pleasant adventure. She was very polite, professional, explained everything to me, and told me about the extent of what is covered. I do a monthly payment and it comes out of my bank account every month. That's easier for me and it's a good thing for both sides because they don't have to wait on the payment. They're an awesome company and I feel deep in my heart that I made a good choice.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I wanted to make sure that my vehicle's covered for the lifetime of it. I liked AA Auto's downpayment requirement and monthly cost which were not overwhelming, and the fact that their basic policy covers everything from bumper to bumper. Their rep was also really good. I liked him. I haven't utilized the protection plan yet but I hope when I do actually decide to that, it is as easy as me just paying the $100 deductible and getting my car fixed in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I got the extended policy from AA Auto because I bought a high-mileage, used car out of warranty. The rep was really helpful answering questions about coverage. I gave them a couple of situational things in trying to understand exactly what it did and didn't cover. They were really good about getting clear on that. The pricing is reasonable and easy. They'll auto bill me so I don't even have to worry about paying it every month. I definitely recommend it. It seemed to be a better value than buying through a dealer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

About a month ago, a bushing for my car went bad and they cost about $500. So I thought this car can be expensive if in the future a major part ever breaks down. I plan on keeping it until it dies out completely in about ten years or so so I figured I'd get a warranty. The quote AA Auto gave me was a reasonable price so I didn't look out much further into other protection plans. Their reps did a good job when I signed up. As for the payment, I pay $95 for the next two years and then it's completely paid off so that's good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I bought a car not too long ago and I wanted to have an extended warranty when I needed to go and get it repaired if the repairs happen. I looked around and saw AA Auto Protection. Their rep explained everything for me and was really informative. Also, making the payments is easy. It's been a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I have my vehicle and I'm trying to protect it. I thought about getting the extended protection for my vehicle so I went on to buy the AA Auto protection plan. When I talked to the agent, he was skillful to guide me with the coverages and what I should get on those. It's easy to understand the plan. I got a policy book and everything is looking fine.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

It was very easy to talk with the AA Auto reps. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

My son’s control arm broke and my previous auto warranty denied the claim so I called AA Auto. Their sales rep was very nice and he wasn't pushy. He said that the control arm is part of the coverage. I was convinced and I’m also happy that there's no downpayment. He also told me I have thirty days to get my money refunded. With the other auto warranty, I had two weeks and they told me because I live in the state of New Jersey they would not refund my money back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I was going through my paperwork for my car and noticed that I didn't have a warranty on a Mercedes that I just bought not even a year ago. That disturbed me a little bit so I went online and started checking out different extended warranty companies and came across a few. When I went to the AA one, I looked at some testimonies. And when I called, the gentleman I spoke to was so pleasant and knowledgeable that I decided to go with them. The rep was very sweet. In fact, they had some kind of computer problem when he was trying to put the package together. He said he would call me back in 10 minutes. It wasn't done in 10 minutes so he called me back to let me know it would be a little while longer. Everything was very easy and their website is very user-friendly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Auto warranty saves a lot of money and I've been through the experience of not having one so I decided to get it. A family member has AA Auto Protection so I got them too. Their rep was great in explaining everything to me and they spread the payment out for me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

My brother recommended AA Auto Protection to me. I got nowhere with the first rep because he overcharged me and was just there to get the sale. He told me that I would get an email from him but I didn’t get any. The second guy did everything he was supposed to. He computed and gave me a better rate, and followed up and sent me an email. If my brother didn’t call me to ask for somebody the second time and if I didn’t speak to the second rep, I would have gone somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

My warranty was going to expire by the middle of February. Initially, I was going to go with a different provider but I've scrutinized the coverage plans and the other places didn't cover my car's situation. I had it brand new but over the course of its life, two of the sensors went out. One company covered it and one didn't. I went with AA Auto because it's cheaper. The rep I worked with was very detailed and sincere which is good. He was also very to the point and answered my questions. I've come to be a straight shooter and I thought he was that. It was easy making payments as they come straight out of my checking account. The customer service was excellent and my experience with AA Auto is great so far.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

This is the first vehicle my wife and I had purchased that we've gone through a dealership, and it was a larger sum of money that we've ever spent on a vehicle. I looked at the warranty through the dealer and it was going to be about $3,000 and to my understanding I had to go to their shop which was going to be extremely inconvenient. So I looked at after-market. I also looked at the reviews from the customers of AA Auto and it looked like they had pretty high stars and the customers were happy with them. The rep I talked to was very helpful and extremely straightforward which I liked. He wasn't trying to talk me into something else. He answered all my questions and explained everything to me. I haven't needed to utilize the warranty yet and hopefully it'll be the same experience I've had thus far.

AA Auto Protection Company Information

888-222-4445
www.aaautoprotection.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use