Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.50/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

AA Auto Protection

Has been in the industry for decades, offers plans backed by an A rating from A.M. Best on all warranty plans offered. Purchasing a warranty plan can sometimes prove to be a huge risk, especially if that company does not offer plans backed by an insurance carrier. AA Auto Protection has a long-standing record with plans backed by a high rating from A.M. Best. They'll offer a money back guarantee for 30 days after your initial purchase date of the contract. Let AA Auto Protection give you peace of mind while you’re on the road. Call today for a free quote!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

AA Auto Protection Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

NISSAN Owners - DO NOT BUY. Regardless of what they tell you, this coverage will not cover your NISSAN vehicle transmission. On May 9th 2019, I purchased vehicle protection policy from AA Auto Protection. During the phone conversation, I expressed my needs, which were protection for my engine and transmission at the very least. After supplying the sale agent, Manny ** with all my full vehicle description (make, model, year, current mileage, etc), I was informed that the best package option would be the Powertrain Plus policy which covered the engine and transmission and a few other components. I agreed and we moved forward with the transaction.

Upon completing the transaction, I was sent an email confirmation with all my information including a link to the "full terms and Conditions" of the Powertrain Plus policy. I was told to review because I only had 30 days to cancel if I did not agree with the terms. So I did my part and read the terms of the package. The link led to the powertrain plus policy where it reads "For the most accurate and up to date description of coverage, please view the actual contract here". So that is what I did. I read the terms and was satisfied with the details.

Nearly 5 months later, my car transmission dies on me and I was shocked that my claim was denied when the facility they referred me to called in the claim to Matrix Protection. I was told that in section D, number 28, it read that all Nissan with a CVT transmission would not be repaired. EVERY NISSAN BUILT AFTER 2007 HAS A CVT TRANSMISSION. I went back to the link to see how I would miss that very specific term that related directly to my 2010 Nissan Altima and there was no number 28 in section D at all. After days of calling Matrix and AA Auto Protection, and given the runaround. I was told that was an old version of the contract on the website and that I should have read my physical copy which was sent via mail. I am now without a vehicle and nowhere to turn.

I was told that once the sales rep puts in your vehicle information, that any coverage that would not apply to your vehicle would not pop up as an option at all, so I am trying to figure out how this coverage popped up when every Nissan made after 2007 has a CVT Transmission? I don't know about everyone else but I am pretty sure whoever seeks extended warranty, are folks just like myself. Working class who do not have enough money to repair an engine or transmission. Yet here I am. My hard earned money, down the drain. The repair for the transmission is $4700 and I don't have that kind of money. This is what I get for actually reading the terms as soon as I received it via email instead of waiting for it to come in the mail I guess. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I refuse to let this happen to any other customer if I can help it.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Dear Consumer, think long and hard before signing up with this company. Make sure that you read all of the reviews. I purchase a policy 1 year and 3 months ago, in June 2019 I cancel because I upgraded my car. Called the company to see if one they received my cancellation notice and if there any type of refund. The rep was rude, stated that I only held the policy for 6 months and that they did not have a send a letter responding to my inquiry. I told him I would write a review about my experience and he stated that he would report me to the police. Since I work with the consumer and know the rules I told him to do that. Based on other reviews of this company, One needs to think long and hard before using them. I will not call on them again.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from them and after seven days decided to cancel. It has been a nightmare since. I continue to receive past due notices from both AA and Mepco (their billing firm) even after emailing numerous times that I cancelled and asked for a refund of my initial payment. All I get is passing the buck. Fortunately I noticed my bank not to accept any requests for payment since I was on auto pay. Beware of the sales people, they will promise you anything to sign you up and then you are on your own. Next step for me is legal action and filing a complaint with consumer affairs.

Original review: April 8, 2019

After 5 months of asking for documentation of my warranty purchase it was never sent. I stopped making my payments and still have not received my refund. Shawn at ext ** will not call me back or return my emails. My advice to any new customer get all necessary paperwork prior to paying. I was told I would receive a credit card and warranty info. I’m still waiting. Don’t fall for their B.S. Buy directly from a dealer. Dial ‭(888) 222-4445‬ ext **, talk to Shawn directly and ask him for my refund.

Original review: March 8, 2019

So I bought a policy from this company on Feb the 6th 2019. After a month and more than a 1000 miles of driving as the policy states. I took it to Lexus dealer to check on the fan of the AC it stopped working - by the way I asked Katie (sales person for AA Auto Protection) about the engine, transmission and AC - and she confirmed that the policy that I bought after that conversation are all included - now when I took the car to the dealer they refused to fix the AC, and when I called Katie she said, "Oh I do not know why your claim was denied, you should email your case administrator," wait what?!!! So when you want to sell us your service you call us 20 times per hour and when we file a claim you cannot contact the agent you can only email him??!! So basically it is a scam. They will not fix your car. DO NOT BUY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: March 6, 2019

Transmission failure 2010 Malibu 6t45. The most disappointing thing about the extended warranty from AA Auto Protection is they are putting in a used transmission from LKQ with a 90 day warranty. The total job is costing 3800. Why waste money on a used transmission, mileage unknown instead of a remanufactured transmission from a reputable rebuilder with a better warranty.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

These people could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress. Had one claim with them and the dealership had to document that there were no aftermarket parts because the vehicle was too new. Then AA warranty tried to get the dealership to get parts from the junkyard to fix the problem. This was an electric door window switch for the passenger front window. The dealership told them they would only put in OEM Parts. After 5 days for something that had a 1 hour labor time, as warranty finally caved in and paid for the OEM part.

3 months later I traded in a for new vehicle. Sent all paperwork in for my partial refund of the policy. They said it would take 4 to 8 weeks. They said they received the refund paperwork they required November 1st. That I should have the refund by the first week in January. Mid- January I called again. They said my refund is $1244.66 and should have it any day. January 29... Calling again on January 30th with Attorney.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I started my contract 12/3/2018. Katie was the lady I spoke with. She spoke so highly of the company in which in return sold me. She then asked me how many miles was on the vehicle. I told her I was not sure as I was currently driving another vehicle and I do have 3 cars so not sure of the mileage. Katie stated to just guess the mileage. I stated to her, "I don't know maybe 4800 or 4900."

Well, later found out she put 5100. I go to get vehicle fixed, and was informed can't be fixed due to mileage discrepancy. I was so confused. After contacting the warranty company, I was informed the contract said 5100, and the dealership is showing 5180. I informed them what they had was not accurate. I informed them what I told Katie. I even reached out to Katie and she stated she was going to fix it and send me the updated warranty. Never happened and did not hear from her until several days later. She then acted dumbfounded and stated she can pull the recorded conversation. I was like okay.

My vehicle has been in the shop over 2 weeks due to the mileage. I was told to provide documents showing the mileage on it. I did that. Provided everything I was told to provide. Then they came back and said they needed something totally different from what was originally stated. They needed a work order close to date starting contract. Ummm my vehicle didn't need to go to the shop so no I had nothing to show. But what they needed always changed. Then they stated they can cancel my contract due to this. I said, "Why, it is your fault not mine." So I asked them to cancel.

Every time I call now I am being transferred to different people, if the phone do not all of a sudden disconnect on their end. I informed them I have had warranty companies in the past, and by far they are the worse. I eventually went and got my vehicle. Still haven't heard back from them about cancelling. This is so sad to treat your customers this way. So embarrassing. And they also said if my mileage was right still it might not be covered. Never...

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My mechanic put in a claim and before an inspection was done on my car the inspector that he talked with stated the claim would be denied. AND IT WAS. I've spoken with Lana an supervisor in Royal Administration whom apologized for the statement by Anthony the adjuster but I asked why would he make such a statement before inspection was done on my car. End result my claim was denied. Unbelievable?? I should have researched this company first.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This company has been awful. After paying them for a year, we needed a new transmission. However they will only put a junkyard transmission into our vehicle. They said their only requirement is make sure it runs again to get us back on the road. In contract they are suppose to cover up to 10,000 dollars, but are now saying they will only cover 2200. And that the administrator gets to make those decisions. I wish we would have never given this company a dime. They tell you what you want to hear to get your money but when the time comes that you need it, they do not cover what they are supposed to.

AA Auto Protection expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers a unique variety of customizable plans with nationwide service, 24/7 roadside assistance and easy payment plans. Secure a high level of coverage through this company’s online portal.

• Instant quote: Receive an instant quote on your extended auto warranty when you complete a short form on AA Auto Protection’s website. Your information is always kept secure, and they never share it with a third party.

• Customized payment plans: AA Auto Protection wants their customers to feel comfortable with the amount of money they pay for coverage each month, which is why they offer easy payment plans. Contact a specialist to find out what payment options are available for you that will meet your needs and budget.

• Specials: Check AA Auto Protection’s website to find out what specials they are currently running that can save you money on your coverage plan.

• Plan variety: No two drivers have the same coverage needs, which is why AA Auto Protection offers a variety of different plans. Read specifics on their website, or call to speak to a representative about which plan will work best for you.

• Transferable: Your coverage agreement can be transferred to a private party at any point during its term, which can be a selling point if you are considering selling your vehicle during the timeframe of your coverage plan.

• Best for: AA Auto Protection is best for used car owners, busy families and drivers who drive numerous miles.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
      Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AA Auto Protection Company Information