Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.45/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

AA Auto Protection is a car warranty broker that works with a variety of plan administrators to find the right coverage for you. It has 24 different vehicle service contracts that include powertrain, stated component and bumper-to-bumper coverage options, along with a 30-day, money-back guarantee. Its quote process is simple, and AA Auto Protection promises not to sell your information to third parties. The company’s prices are average, but it has a price-match guarantee if you’re looking for a deal.

BOTTOM LINE

AA Auto Protection makes it easy to get the extended car warranty that you need at a price you can afford, but make sure you read your contract and understand all the terms before signing.

PROS

• Simple quote process
    • Multiple plan options
    • Price-match guarantee

CONS

• Confusing contracts

Top AA Auto Protection Reviews

I checked online and liked AA Auto Protection's price. I called and talked to someone there who was great. Our transaction was very easy and fast so I'm very happy with their customer service.

I got a top of the line auto warranty that covers everything from AA Auto. I set up the warranty over the phone and the CS rep that I spoke with was down to earth. He was not too pushy. And so far, I would recommend AA Auto Protection to family and friends.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

What is AA Auto Protection?

AA Auto Protection is an extended auto warranty broker, which means it helps you find the best car warranty administrator for your needs. AA Auto Protection provides coverage for cars, trucks and SUVs. The company partners with Allegiance Administrators, Auto Protection and Royal to provide coverage, and it’s insured by General Fidelity, American Bankers Insurance Company and Wesco Insurance.

AA Auto Protection is not associated with AAA (the company known for its roadside assistance plans).

AA Auto Protection cost

The cost of AA Auto Protection’s exclusionary plans comes out to about 5 cents per mile of coverage. This isn’t a bad rate, but some car warranty companies are as cheap as 2 cents per mile. AA Auto Protection has a price-match guarantee, though, so don't be afraid to ask for a better deal if you find an identical plan at a lower price with another company. The average down payment is also low — typically 2% of the total cost of the plan.

For an accurate idea of the price for a plan, go to AA Auto Protection’s website for a free quote. You’ll receive your quote by email in a few days, and the company explicitly states that it does not sell your personal information.

AA Auto Protection, like most other car warranty companies, has a 30-day, money-back guarantee. If you’re still in the first 30 days of the contract and you change your mind, you can cancel your car warranty and receive a full refund. The company posts specials on its website, including deals like 50% off your down payment.

AA Auto Protection plans

AA Auto Protection offers 24 different contract options across five levels of coverage. Options range from basic powertrain coverage to exclusionary (bumper-to-bumper) coverage.

Coverage typeNumber of plans available
      Exclusionary (full coverage)6
      Premium stated component5
      Stated component7
      Premium powertrain3
      Powertrain3

Unfortunately, AA Auto Protection contracts tend to be a bit long and tricky to understand. Some are nearly 40 pages in length, but it’s essential to read the entire contract and understand all the terms before you sign.

AA Auto Protection benefits

Your AA Auto Protection warranty comes with several benefits, including:

• The ability to choose any ASE-certified mechanic to complete your repairs
      • 24-hour roadside assistance
      • Rental car reimbursement

It’s worth noting that the rental car reimbursement is only $30 a day for up to five days. This isn’t a great rental reimbursement because it won’t cover the full cost of most rental cars.

AA Auto Protection warranties are transferable.

AA Auto Protection FAQ

Is AA Auto Protection affiliated with AAA?
      No, the two companies are unrelated.
      How do I cancel AA Auto Protection?
      If you decide you don’t want AA Auto Protection, you can cancel within the first 30 days and receive your money back.
      Does AA Auto Protection administer car warranties directly?
      No. AA Auto Protection is a broker that connects customers with companies that administer car warranties.

Is AA Auto Protection worth it?

AA Auto Protection has fair prices, a simple quote process and a price-match guarantee, but its contracts are difficult to read and its rental reimbursement isn’t great. The company’s customer reviews are mostly positive. If you’re willing to comb through your contract and shop around to take advantage of its price-match guarantee, you may be happy with AA Auto Protection.

AA Auto Protection Reviews

Original review: March 5, 2020

This company has been taking our monthly payments of almost $200 even up until yesterday for 6 months now. We received a notice in the mail a few weeks ago stating that the company is going out of business but will still uphold all current warranties. We received a certified letter in the mail last week stating that our warranties were being cancelled due to nonpayment. This letter was written over 6 months ago but not post marked until 02/25. The company will not answer. Instead has a voicemail. They refuse to respond to our calls. I have reported this as fraud to my bank. I have no faith I will get my money back but am hopeful to not lose any more. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Updated on 02/20/2020: Repeated voicemails to AA AUTO PROTECTION for over three days, still no return call from them. I was stuck paying the entire bill myself. I was a fool to purchase their extended auto warranty. Do not let them fool you, too. I wish I could give them negative stars. It would appear that being top-rated by both A.M. Best and ConsumerAffairs is meaningless.

Original review: I bought this warranty about 2014, shortly after I bought the car. My car now is sitting at the dealership service department. Both the service manager and I have been calling AA Auto Protection for over 24 hours, leaving voicemail messages several times---I have lost count. When you dial their number, all you get is an agonisingly long recording telling you how they just revamped their customer service to make it so much better! NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! I WASTED MY MONEY---AND MY TIME---ON THIS OUTFIT!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I would have to say “BUYER BEWARE”. This is a company who has no problem taking your money however when it comes to placing a claim or getting into with customer service you can FORGET IT! We have called for a week straight trying to get through by using Katie’s ext ** and trying to do a new purchase just to get someone on the line. After about 11 mins it goes silent then sends you to a voice mail. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

My credit card was charged 175.00 by this company and I did not authorize it. I was contacted over six months ago for a quote and never agreed to sign up for a policy. I have called the company several times and keep getting the run-a-round, the first rep claimed to not find a policy for me at all but had my email address in his system. Second rep, found my info using my cell phone number but could not give me any details on how the policy was opened nor could she cancel it as she did not work in that department. She said the cancellation department was closed for the holidays but would be open tomorrow (12/27). I will call again tomorrow and pray that the third time will be the charm. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and hope this company gets closed down (not before I get my refund though).

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased the coverage for my vehicle, paid the downpayment and canceled it a week later. I was told it was under the 30 day grace period so I'd receive a full refund and then a month later they took the monthly payment from my account and now won't return any of my calls.. I hope this review helps shed light on this fraudulent company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Purchased an extended warranty on my husband's Rav4 in April that took effect in May. The car was totaled in an accident and we called to cancel and get our reimbursement. Followed the cancellation procedure and today 12-11-2019, we are still waiting for the refund. We paid over. $2600. with 2.5 weeks effectiveness. We are seniors in our 70's and are so frustrated and discontented with the treatment we are getting from Deena, Diana, Cory, David, Joseph and Manny. They continue to betray and deceit the customers with bogus statements. How this company is still in business is beyond me. Hopefully the negative complaints will ward off potential customers looking for extended warranty. Do your homework before purchasing. Don't get scammed by this company that is dishonest and misrepresented. The most horrible experience my husband and I have encountered while still waiting for our reimbursement.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I've purchased my 1st extended warranty on 02/03/2010 thru AA Auto Protect for my 2003 Mercedes SL-500 (VIN# **; the odometer reading at the time was 19,283 miles) with Gabe **, Ext#**. The coverage plan was 36/75,000 (months/miles) Royal New OEM Exclusionary Coverage with $100 deductible which Expired on 03/04/2013 for $2,485.00

When the coverage is about to expired, on 02/20/2013 I've contact my sales person Gabe **, Ext#** @ "AA Auto Protection" Tel: 888-222-4445 and purchased the 2nd extended warranty for the same car with a new coverage plan 60/48,000 (months/miles) PVP Premier which Expired on 03/21/2018 @ 93,199 miles with $100 Deductible for $2,995.00 (The car odometer reading at the time was 44,199 miles).

Again! When the 2nd extended warranty is about to expired, on 02/20/2018. Once again, I've contact my sales person Gabe **, unfortunately Gabe ** was no longer here this time, the new assigned sales person is "Joseph **" at Ext: **. Jose=Joseph suggested The Royal Administration Services Premium 60/100,000 with $250 deductible which would be best for my car and the cost for this coverage is $5,779. The monthly payment is $228.75 for 24 months with $288.95 down payment and my 2003 SL-500 odometer reading at the time was 62,427 miles.

The cost went up almost double versus the 2nd extended warranty and that made me wonder and contact a different company. Donald ** at Concord Auto Protect (888) 399-2811 ext#** gave me a quote price of $4,000 for a Premium Package with 5 years term + 50,000 miles from my current odometer at 62,427 miles.

After reviewed the 2 coverage from 2 different company, honestly I have no clue which one would be a better one, just because I am not a mechanic, and since I was with "AA Auto protect" for the last 8 years. So, I decided to stick with them 1 more time even know it would cost around $1,800 more and lesser mileages than Concord, and so I've purchased the coverage the next day thru Joseph ** at Ext#** on 02/21/2018 for $5,779.00. My wife's 2004 car has some issues here and there in recent years and since I haven't been working for more than 3 years, mine car mostly parked in the garage, and I've traded in my Mercedes SL-500 on 06/26/2019 for a newer used car for my wife to drive daily. At traded in on 06/26/2019, the odometer reading was at 65,314 miles and I’ve also declined the extended warranty offer for my newer used car.

Next day on 06/27/2019. I've contacted AA Auto Protection for a quote on my newer used car, I refused to talk to Joseph ** this time, because Joseph is very hard to get guy when you needed him, and so Corey ** @ Ext: ** provided me with a quote for my newer used car and also transferred me to cancel the previous policy with Deanna ** at ext#** in Fort Worth, Texas. Deanna who has been with the company for decade, she emailed me the instruction and documents needed to cancel the policy along with the address where to send to: Cancellation Dept. PO Box 1 Langhorne, PA 19047.

I've complied and sent in whatever AA Auto Protection requested and they would not send me anything in writing, and so I have to keep in touch with Deanna almost every single week. On Aug 1st, 2019. Deanna told me it was approved for a refunds of $2,171.79 and their refund documents is on the desk and the check should be ready to be mail out on Friday Aug 2nd. Honestly! I have no clue how they calculated for the refunds, because they have never send me anything in the mail, all I know is, as of June 2019, I’ve made a total of 16 monthly payment at $228.75/month plus a $99 processing, that is a total of $3,759.00 and they have only paid out $450.00 for 1 of my claim and the cost for the job was more than $2,200.00 of course I have to pay for the different.

I received nothing in 10 days to 2 weeks, so I have to keep bugging her=Deanna week after week, later on, I guessed she's getting tired of my phone call, she gave me her Boss "James ** at ext#**, the Director of Client Services" and asked me just to keep calling him. Regardless of how many calls that I've made and how many messages that I left, this guy will never return the call. Late of October, I have a feeling that they have made some kind of block to my cell, because their phone system has changed on me if I using my cell to call them, now I cannot call them and entered their extension# like it used to, I have to hit # to get to their policy cancel department.

Oct 24th, it's the first time that I started to deal with Diana ** in Chicago at Ext#** and now I've started to hear a different story that I have never heard of from Deanna ** in Fort Worth. Diana ** asked me to be patience, the check should arrive any day from now thru Nov 27th. Last Thursday 11/14th, she said she cannot get access to the system to see whether if the check has been sent and asked me to call her back Wednesday 11/20th, and I did, same story, she still cannot get access to the system.

This time, she told me, the company name now is AA Holding, which has purchased AA Auto Protect on May 1st this year, all the payments that I have made which was paid to AA Auto protect, not AA Holding, and she encouraged me to take the legal action thru AA Auto Protect if I wanted to. Meanwhile, AA Holding will still try to do the right thing, the company will still pay out as randomly, not 1st come 1st served like it should be. She now asked me to call her back this Friday 11/22nd.

I have to made 4 consecutive calls on Friday 11/22nd and wait forever and at the 4th times to get to Diana **, I would say time consume waiting on the phone was more than 2 plus hours. Again, same story, she couldn’t get access to the system, now she asked me to call her back this Wed. 11/27th, this date will be exactly 5 months old from the day that I submitted their request documents to cancel my policy. I have also confront with her this time: Will I see my money or I have already lost it, she said: You will see yours money.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I don’t even know where to begin. This warranty company is garbage. I purchased the elite plan for my f-150 and a year and a half later, my slip yoke needs repairs. They refuse to cover it, saying my warranty only covers “internally greased parts," yet that is literally what a slip yoke is. Once I clarified what the part was, they then said they wouldn’t cover the part because you have to cut a boot to access the part. They have Lied to me over and over again in regards to parts. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

NISSAN Owners - DO NOT BUY. Regardless of what they tell you, this coverage will not cover your NISSAN vehicle transmission. On May 9th 2019, I purchased vehicle protection policy from AA Auto Protection. During the phone conversation, I expressed my needs, which were protection for my engine and transmission at the very least. After supplying the sale agent, Manny ** with all my full vehicle description (make, model, year, current mileage, etc), I was informed that the best package option would be the Powertrain Plus policy which covered the engine and transmission and a few other components. I agreed and we moved forward with the transaction.

Upon completing the transaction, I was sent an email confirmation with all my information including a link to the "full terms and Conditions" of the Powertrain Plus policy. I was told to review because I only had 30 days to cancel if I did not agree with the terms. So I did my part and read the terms of the package. The link led to the powertrain plus policy where it reads "For the most accurate and up to date description of coverage, please view the actual contract here". So that is what I did. I read the terms and was satisfied with the details.

Nearly 5 months later, my car transmission dies on me and I was shocked that my claim was denied when the facility they referred me to called in the claim to Matrix Protection. I was told that in section D, number 28, it read that all Nissan with a CVT transmission would not be repaired. EVERY NISSAN BUILT AFTER 2007 HAS A CVT TRANSMISSION. I went back to the link to see how I would miss that very specific term that related directly to my 2010 Nissan Altima and there was no number 28 in section D at all. After days of calling Matrix and AA Auto Protection, and given the runaround. I was told that was an old version of the contract on the website and that I should have read my physical copy which was sent via mail. I am now without a vehicle and nowhere to turn.

I was told that once the sales rep puts in your vehicle information, that any coverage that would not apply to your vehicle would not pop up as an option at all, so I am trying to figure out how this coverage popped up when every Nissan made after 2007 has a CVT Transmission? I don't know about everyone else but I am pretty sure whoever seeks extended warranty, are folks just like myself. Working class who do not have enough money to repair an engine or transmission. Yet here I am. My hard earned money, down the drain. The repair for the transmission is $4700 and I don't have that kind of money. This is what I get for actually reading the terms as soon as I received it via email instead of waiting for it to come in the mail I guess. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I refuse to let this happen to any other customer if I can help it.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Dear Consumer, think long and hard before signing up with this company. Make sure that you read all of the reviews. I purchase a policy 1 year and 3 months ago, in June 2019 I cancel because I upgraded my car. Called the company to see if one they received my cancellation notice and if there any type of refund. The rep was rude, stated that I only held the policy for 6 months and that they did not have a send a letter responding to my inquiry. I told him I would write a review about my experience and he stated that he would report me to the police. Since I work with the consumer and know the rules I told him to do that. Based on other reviews of this company, One needs to think long and hard before using them. I will not call on them again.

AA Auto Protection Company Information