Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.49/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

AA Auto Protection

Has been in the industry for decades, offers plans backed by an A rating from A.M. Best on all warranty plans offered. Purchasing a warranty plan can sometimes prove to be a huge risk, especially if that company does not offer plans backed by an insurance carrier. AA Auto Protection has a long-standing record with plans backed by a high rating from A.M. Best. They'll offer a money back guarantee for 30 days after your initial purchase date of the contract. Let AA Auto Protection give you peace of mind while you’re on the road. Call today for a free quote!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

AA Auto Protection Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I've purchased my 1st extended warranty on 02/03/2010 thru AA Auto Protect for my 2003 Mercedes SL-500 (VIN# **; the odometer reading at the time was 19,283 miles) with Gabe **, Ext#**. The coverage plan was 36/75,000 (months/miles) Royal New OEM Exclusionary Coverage with $100 deductible which Expired on 03/04/2013 for $2,485.00

When the coverage is about to expired, on 02/20/2013 I've contact my sales person Gabe **, Ext#** @ "AA Auto Protection" Tel: 888-222-4445 and purchased the 2nd extended warranty for the same car with a new coverage plan 60/48,000 (months/miles) PVP Premier which Expired on 03/21/2018 @ 93,199 miles with $100 Deductible for $2,995.00 (The car odometer reading at the time was 44,199 miles).

Again! When the 2nd extended warranty is about to expired, on 02/20/2018. Once again, I've contact my sales person Gabe **, unfortunately Gabe ** was no longer here this time, the new assigned sales person is "Joseph **" at Ext: **. Jose=Joseph suggested The Royal Administration Services Premium 60/100,000 with $250 deductible which would be best for my car and the cost for this coverage is $5,779. The monthly payment is $228.75 for 24 months with $288.95 down payment and my 2003 SL-500 odometer reading at the time was 62,427 miles.

The cost went up almost double versus the 2nd extended warranty and that made me wonder and contact a different company. Donald ** at Concord Auto Protect (888) 399-2811 ext#** gave me a quote price of $4,000 for a Premium Package with 5 years term + 50,000 miles from my current odometer at 62,427 miles.

After reviewed the 2 coverage from 2 different company, honestly I have no clue which one would be a better one, just because I am not a mechanic, and since I was with "AA Auto protect" for the last 8 years. So, I decided to stick with them 1 more time even know it would cost around $1,800 more and lesser mileages than Concord, and so I've purchased the coverage the next day thru Joseph ** at Ext#** on 02/21/2018 for $5,779.00. My wife's 2004 car has some issues here and there in recent years and since I haven't been working for more than 3 years, mine car mostly parked in the garage, and I've traded in my Mercedes SL-500 on 06/26/2019 for a newer used car for my wife to drive daily. At traded in on 06/26/2019, the odometer reading was at 65,314 miles and I’ve also declined the extended warranty offer for my newer used car.

Next day on 06/27/2019. I've contacted AA Auto Protection for a quote on my newer used car, I refused to talk to Joseph ** this time, because Joseph is very hard to get guy when you needed him, and so Corey ** @ Ext: ** provided me with a quote for my newer used car and also transferred me to cancel the previous policy with Deanna ** at ext#** in Fort Worth, Texas. Deanna who has been with the company for decade, she emailed me the instruction and documents needed to cancel the policy along with the address where to send to: Cancellation Dept. PO Box 1 Langhorne, PA 19047.

I've complied and sent in whatever AA Auto Protection requested and they would not send me anything in writing, and so I have to keep in touch with Deanna almost every single week. On Aug 1st, 2019. Deanna told me it was approved for a refunds of $2,171.79 and their refund documents is on the desk and the check should be ready to be mail out on Friday Aug 2nd. Honestly! I have no clue how they calculated for the refunds, because they have never send me anything in the mail, all I know is, as of June 2019, I’ve made a total of 16 monthly payment at $228.75/month plus a $99 processing, that is a total of $3,759.00 and they have only paid out $450.00 for 1 of my claim and the cost for the job was more than $2,200.00 of course I have to pay for the different.

I received nothing in 10 days to 2 weeks, so I have to keep bugging her=Deanna week after week, later on, I guessed she's getting tired of my phone call, she gave me her Boss "James ** at ext#**, the Director of Client Services" and asked me just to keep calling him. Regardless of how many calls that I've made and how many messages that I left, this guy will never return the call. Late of October, I have a feeling that they have made some kind of block to my cell, because their phone system has changed on me if I using my cell to call them, now I cannot call them and entered their extension# like it used to, I have to hit # to get to their policy cancel department.

Oct 24th, it's the first time that I started to deal with Diana ** in Chicago at Ext#** and now I've started to hear a different story that I have never heard of from Deanna ** in Fort Worth. Diana ** asked me to be patience, the check should arrive any day from now thru Nov 27th. Last Thursday 11/14th, she said she cannot get access to the system to see whether if the check has been sent and asked me to call her back Wednesday 11/20th, and I did, same story, she still cannot get access to the system.

This time, she told me, the company name now is AA Holding, which has purchased AA Auto Protect on May 1st this year, all the payments that I have made which was paid to AA Auto protect, not AA Holding, and she encouraged me to take the legal action thru AA Auto Protect if I wanted to. Meanwhile, AA Holding will still try to do the right thing, the company will still pay out as randomly, not 1st come 1st served like it should be. She now asked me to call her back this Friday 11/22nd.

I have to made 4 consecutive calls on Friday 11/22nd and wait forever and at the 4th times to get to Diana **, I would say time consume waiting on the phone was more than 2 plus hours. Again, same story, she couldn’t get access to the system, now she asked me to call her back this Wed. 11/27th, this date will be exactly 5 months old from the day that I submitted their request documents to cancel my policy. I have also confront with her this time: Will I see my money or I have already lost it, she said: You will see yours money.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I don’t even know where to begin. This warranty company is garbage. I purchased the elite plan for my f-150 and a year and a half later, my slip yoke needs repairs. They refuse to cover it, saying my warranty only covers “internally greased parts," yet that is literally what a slip yoke is. Once I clarified what the part was, they then said they wouldn’t cover the part because you have to cut a boot to access the part. They have Lied to me over and over again in regards to parts. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

NISSAN Owners - DO NOT BUY. Regardless of what they tell you, this coverage will not cover your NISSAN vehicle transmission. On May 9th 2019, I purchased vehicle protection policy from AA Auto Protection. During the phone conversation, I expressed my needs, which were protection for my engine and transmission at the very least. After supplying the sale agent, Manny ** with all my full vehicle description (make, model, year, current mileage, etc), I was informed that the best package option would be the Powertrain Plus policy which covered the engine and transmission and a few other components. I agreed and we moved forward with the transaction.

Upon completing the transaction, I was sent an email confirmation with all my information including a link to the "full terms and Conditions" of the Powertrain Plus policy. I was told to review because I only had 30 days to cancel if I did not agree with the terms. So I did my part and read the terms of the package. The link led to the powertrain plus policy where it reads "For the most accurate and up to date description of coverage, please view the actual contract here". So that is what I did. I read the terms and was satisfied with the details.

Nearly 5 months later, my car transmission dies on me and I was shocked that my claim was denied when the facility they referred me to called in the claim to Matrix Protection. I was told that in section D, number 28, it read that all Nissan with a CVT transmission would not be repaired. EVERY NISSAN BUILT AFTER 2007 HAS A CVT TRANSMISSION. I went back to the link to see how I would miss that very specific term that related directly to my 2010 Nissan Altima and there was no number 28 in section D at all. After days of calling Matrix and AA Auto Protection, and given the runaround. I was told that was an old version of the contract on the website and that I should have read my physical copy which was sent via mail. I am now without a vehicle and nowhere to turn.

I was told that once the sales rep puts in your vehicle information, that any coverage that would not apply to your vehicle would not pop up as an option at all, so I am trying to figure out how this coverage popped up when every Nissan made after 2007 has a CVT Transmission? I don't know about everyone else but I am pretty sure whoever seeks extended warranty, are folks just like myself. Working class who do not have enough money to repair an engine or transmission. Yet here I am. My hard earned money, down the drain. The repair for the transmission is $4700 and I don't have that kind of money. This is what I get for actually reading the terms as soon as I received it via email instead of waiting for it to come in the mail I guess. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I refuse to let this happen to any other customer if I can help it.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Dear Consumer, think long and hard before signing up with this company. Make sure that you read all of the reviews. I purchase a policy 1 year and 3 months ago, in June 2019 I cancel because I upgraded my car. Called the company to see if one they received my cancellation notice and if there any type of refund. The rep was rude, stated that I only held the policy for 6 months and that they did not have a send a letter responding to my inquiry. I told him I would write a review about my experience and he stated that he would report me to the police. Since I work with the consumer and know the rules I told him to do that. Based on other reviews of this company, One needs to think long and hard before using them. I will not call on them again.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from them and after seven days decided to cancel. It has been a nightmare since. I continue to receive past due notices from both AA and Mepco (their billing firm) even after emailing numerous times that I cancelled and asked for a refund of my initial payment. All I get is passing the buck. Fortunately I noticed my bank not to accept any requests for payment since I was on auto pay. Beware of the sales people, they will promise you anything to sign you up and then you are on your own. Next step for me is legal action and filing a complaint with consumer affairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: April 8, 2019

After 5 months of asking for documentation of my warranty purchase it was never sent. I stopped making my payments and still have not received my refund. Shawn at ext ** will not call me back or return my emails. My advice to any new customer get all necessary paperwork prior to paying. I was told I would receive a credit card and warranty info. I’m still waiting. Don’t fall for their B.S. Buy directly from a dealer. Dial ‭(888) 222-4445‬ ext **, talk to Shawn directly and ask him for my refund.

Original review: March 8, 2019

So I bought a policy from this company on Feb the 6th 2019. After a month and more than a 1000 miles of driving as the policy states. I took it to Lexus dealer to check on the fan of the AC it stopped working - by the way I asked Katie (sales person for AA Auto Protection) about the engine, transmission and AC - and she confirmed that the policy that I bought after that conversation are all included - now when I took the car to the dealer they refused to fix the AC, and when I called Katie she said, "Oh I do not know why your claim was denied, you should email your case administrator," wait what?!!! So when you want to sell us your service you call us 20 times per hour and when we file a claim you cannot contact the agent you can only email him??!! So basically it is a scam. They will not fix your car. DO NOT BUY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Transmission failure 2010 Malibu 6t45. The most disappointing thing about the extended warranty from AA Auto Protection is they are putting in a used transmission from LKQ with a 90 day warranty. The total job is costing 3800. Why waste money on a used transmission, mileage unknown instead of a remanufactured transmission from a reputable rebuilder with a better warranty.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

These people could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress. Had one claim with them and the dealership had to document that there were no aftermarket parts because the vehicle was too new. Then AA warranty tried to get the dealership to get parts from the junkyard to fix the problem. This was an electric door window switch for the passenger front window. The dealership told them they would only put in OEM Parts. After 5 days for something that had a 1 hour labor time, as warranty finally caved in and paid for the OEM part.

3 months later I traded in a for new vehicle. Sent all paperwork in for my partial refund of the policy. They said it would take 4 to 8 weeks. They said they received the refund paperwork they required November 1st. That I should have the refund by the first week in January. Mid- January I called again. They said my refund is $1244.66 and should have it any day. January 29... Calling again on January 30th with Attorney.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I started my contract 12/3/2018. Katie was the lady I spoke with. She spoke so highly of the company in which in return sold me. She then asked me how many miles was on the vehicle. I told her I was not sure as I was currently driving another vehicle and I do have 3 cars so not sure of the mileage. Katie stated to just guess the mileage. I stated to her, "I don't know maybe 4800 or 4900."

Well, later found out she put 5100. I go to get vehicle fixed, and was informed can't be fixed due to mileage discrepancy. I was so confused. After contacting the warranty company, I was informed the contract said 5100, and the dealership is showing 5180. I informed them what they had was not accurate. I informed them what I told Katie. I even reached out to Katie and she stated she was going to fix it and send me the updated warranty. Never happened and did not hear from her until several days later. She then acted dumbfounded and stated she can pull the recorded conversation. I was like okay.

My vehicle has been in the shop over 2 weeks due to the mileage. I was told to provide documents showing the mileage on it. I did that. Provided everything I was told to provide. Then they came back and said they needed something totally different from what was originally stated. They needed a work order close to date starting contract. Ummm my vehicle didn't need to go to the shop so no I had nothing to show. But what they needed always changed. Then they stated they can cancel my contract due to this. I said, "Why, it is your fault not mine." So I asked them to cancel.

Every time I call now I am being transferred to different people, if the phone do not all of a sudden disconnect on their end. I informed them I have had warranty companies in the past, and by far they are the worse. I eventually went and got my vehicle. Still haven't heard back from them about cancelling. This is so sad to treat your customers this way. So embarrassing. And they also said if my mileage was right still it might not be covered. Never...

AA Auto Protection expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers a unique variety of customizable plans with nationwide service, 24/7 roadside assistance and easy payment plans. Secure a high level of coverage through this company’s online portal.

• Instant quote: Receive an instant quote on your extended auto warranty when you complete a short form on AA Auto Protection’s website. Your information is always kept secure, and they never share it with a third party.

• Customized payment plans: AA Auto Protection wants their customers to feel comfortable with the amount of money they pay for coverage each month, which is why they offer easy payment plans. Contact a specialist to find out what payment options are available for you that will meet your needs and budget.

• Specials: Check AA Auto Protection’s website to find out what specials they are currently running that can save you money on your coverage plan.

• Plan variety: No two drivers have the same coverage needs, which is why AA Auto Protection offers a variety of different plans. Read specifics on their website, or call to speak to a representative about which plan will work best for you.

• Transferable: Your coverage agreement can be transferred to a private party at any point during its term, which can be a selling point if you are considering selling your vehicle during the timeframe of your coverage plan.

• Best for: AA Auto Protection is best for used car owners, busy families and drivers who drive numerous miles.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
      Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AA Auto Protection Company Information