Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Fenix Protect
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Fenix Protect offers a variety of vehicle service contracts from Black Diamond Administrative Company. The company claims a dedication to customer service and helping customers find the best plan options for their needs. There are plans for new vehicles and used vehicles with up to 500,000 miles. All plans come with roadside assistance, which includes lockout, flat-tire and jump-start assistance.
Pros & Cons
- Accepts high-mileage vehicles
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car and lodging reimbursement
- Must contact for specific pricing
- Doesn’t directly back plans
Fenix Protect provides support throughout the life of Black Diamond Administrative Company vehicle service contracts. It covers vehicles with up to 500,000 miles and offers roadside assistance with all service plans.
What is Fenix Protect?
Fenix Protect works with Black Diamond Administrative Company to offer seven different vehicle service plans for new and used vehicles. It helps customers find the right service protection plan for their vehicles and budgets.
Once you’re signed on, the company is your support contact throughout the life of the protection plan. If your car breaks down and you need to file a claim, the customer service team can walk you through the process.
Fenix Protect warranty coverage
Fenix Protect offers seven auto warranty plans:
- Triple Diamond is an exclusionary coverage plan for newer cars with no more than 70,000 miles. It covers all mechanical and electrical parts except those listed in the exclusions section of the contract. These include wear and tear; damage from modified parts; and breakdowns or part failures caused by natural disasters, vandalism or other unusual events.
- Double Diamond is a stated-coverage plan for newer cars with up to 80,000 miles. This plan covers several mechanical and electrical parts, including your brakes, audio center, air conditioner and suspension system.
- Double Diamond (used) is a comprehensive stated-coverage plan for used vehicles with under 100,000 miles. It provides the same coverage as the option for new vehicles.
- Diamond provides enhanced powertrain coverage for used cars with up to 125,000 miles. It covers repairs to your powertrain, your CV joints, the steering system and some electrical parts. Your brakes, seals and gaskets are also covered.
- Emerald provides powertrain coverage for used vehicles with under 150,000 miles. It covers repairs on your powertrain and a few other parts, such as your water pump, oil pump, fuel system, timing belt and air conditioner.
- Ruby includes standard powertrain stated coverage for used vehicles with up to 175,000 miles. It covers the powertrain, steering system, cooling system, air conditioner, timing belt and some electrical parts.
- Sapphire is a basic powertrain service protection plan for vehicles with up to 500,000 miles. It covers your engine, transmission and transfer case.
Fenix Protect cost
The Fenix Protect website offers free quotes, but you need to fill out a form or make a phone call to get pricing information. Since so many factors play into the pricing structure, each quote is customized based on your location and the vehicle’s mileage, make and model, as well as the length of your term.
Fenix Protect warranty exclusions
While exclusions vary based on the terms laid out in your contract, here are a few general exclusions for all Fenix Protect’s plans:
- Work covered by a different warranty or insurance policy
- Damage caused by a natural disaster, war or other unpredictable event
- Repairs needed due to neglect
- Damage from normal wear and tear
- Any repairs that aren’t listed as a covered component or in the exclusions section of the Triple Diamond plan
It's always important to read the fine print of your contract so you know exactly what to expect.
Fenix Protect contracts
When you purchase a vehicle service contract through Fenix Protect, your agreement is ultimately with Black Diamond Administrative Company. In your contract the company spells out any requirements for regular maintenance, including oil changes and transmission service for older vehicles.
You’ll also find details about the roadside assistance program, substitute transportation benefits and lodging reimbursement in the contract. There are limits for each, so you’ll want to read through this section carefully.
The agreement also contains information about transferring or canceling your service plan if needed.
Fenix Protect claims
If you need to file a claim, you can contact Fenix Protect for help. The customer service team can walk you through the claims process and provide support as your vehicle gets repaired.
In the event of a repair, your auto shop calls an administrator at Black Diamond Administrative Company, who will determine whether your plan covers the service. If so, you’ll pay your deductible, and the administrator will pay the repair shop for the rest of the covered amount.
The company reserves the right to request documentation proving that you’ve completed regular maintenance. It can also inspect your vehicle to verify the damage.
Fenix Protect FAQ
Can I pick my own mechanic with Fenix Protect?
You can have repairs done at any licensed repair shop if you take out an auto warranty with Fenix Protect.
Does Fenix Protect have a limit on repairs?
Some Fenix Protect plans have repair limits. These are spelled out clearly in the service contract, so you’ll want to read the terms carefully before signing. For example, the Sapphire plan has a limit of liability section — this indicates that, per occurrence, repairs are limited to $3,000 for engine components. Work on the transmission and transfer case have different limits.
Can I cancel my Fenix Protect plan?
You can cancel your Fenix Protect plan by notifying the selling company in writing. You may need to include a notarized statement with an odometer reading. You’ll get a full refund if you cancel within 30 days and haven’t made a claim. Once the 30 days are up, you’ll get a prorated refund minus any claims.
Where is Fenix Protect available?
We recommend requesting a quote to find out if Fenix Protect is available in your area.
Is Fenix Protect worth it?
If you’re in the market for auto warranty coverage and want to have someone walk you through a few different options, Fenix Protect may be a good start. The company can help you compare plans from Black Diamond Administrative Company to see which is best for your situation. You will have to request a quote for pricing, though, and there aren’t many details about the plans on the company’s website — so ask plenty of questions to ensure you get the right coverage.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Fenix Protect Company Information
- Company Name:
- Fenix Protect
Check out our buyers guide top picks
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.