Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Autopom! is an extended auto warranty provider with four types of plans to choose from. Customers can go to any licensed service facility in the U.S. or Canada. Plans also come with a number of additional benefits, including 24/7 roadside assistance and trip interruption reimbursement. Payment plans are available, but you’ll have to contact the company for a quote to see any pricing information.
Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you
- Payment plans available
- No maximum mileage limit
- Covers vehicles up to 14 years old
- Vague coverage info on its website
- No pricing info on its website
Autopom! has several types of extended warranty plans to choose from, but most of its features and benefits are common in the industry. It accepts older vehicles than many other companies, though.
What is autopom!?
Autopom! is an extended car warranty company. Its vehicle service contracts cover the cost of repairing your car’s various systems and components after a breakdown or malfunction. Plans can also come with benefits like rental vehicle assistance, 24-hour roadside assistance and trip-interruption reimbursement. The company's plans are backed by insurance companies with an A rating from AM Best.
How does autopom! work?
Once you speak with a coverage consultant and purchase a plan, you can make a claim whenever a covered item on your vehicle breaks down. Take your car to any licensed repair facility in the U.S. or Canada and provide the service manager with your plan information to see if they’re willing to work with the company.
After inspecting the car, the service manager should call your plan administrator to get the repair approved before starting any work. When it comes time to pay, your administrator pays the repair shop with a corporate credit card and you pay your deductible out of pocket.
Autopom! has four tiers of vehicle protection plans to choose from. However, individual plans vary, and administrators may have location restrictions, maximum terms and other constraints. Autopom! doesn’t detail this information on its website, so you’ll have to speak with a representative for specifics.
The plans fall into these four categories:
- Powertrain Plus: This tier provides essential coverage for specific components of your car’s systems, including its:
- Drive axle
- Air conditioning
- Basic electrical items
- Mid-level: This tier gives coverage within most of your car’s major systems. It generally includes Powertrain Plus coverage and adds coverage for your car’s:
- Electrical systems
- High-level: This tier usually has an extensive list of named components within your car’s major systems.
- Exclusionary: This is the most comprehensive tier. All components are covered unless specifically stated otherwise. Common exclusions include maintenance and consumables like tires.
Autopom! doesn’t list its prices online, but it does offer interest-free payment plans. If you want pricing information, you’ll have to either call the company or fill out its online quote form to be contacted by a sales consultant. This is fairly common in the industry, but it doesn’t make it convenient to shop around or find the right deal.
- Can I choose my own mechanic with autopom!?
- Yes, autopom! states that you can choose any licensed repair shop of your choice in the U.S. or Canada.
- What is autopom!’s cancellation policy?
- The company provides a money-back guarantee for either your first 30 or 60 days of coverage, depending on your plan. Afterward, you receive a prorated amount for the unused portion.
- Does autopom! require an inspection?
- No, autopom! doesn’t require an inspection. Preexisting conditions still aren’t eligible for coverage, though.
- Does autopom! have a waiting period?
- It’s unclear. In a blog post, the company states that there’s usually a 30-day or 1,000-mile waiting period for used cars, but this isn’t a direct reference to its own policies.
- What are autopom!’s mileage and age limits?
- Autopom! can cover most vehicles up to 14 model-years old, and it doesn’t have a maximum mileage limit.
- What happens to my autopom! warranty if I sell my car?
- You can transfer your plan for a fee if you sell your car. Fees depend on your plan type and state of residence.
Is autopom! worth it?
Autopom! is a solid auto warranty option, but it’s hard to compare its relative value when it isn’t transparent about its pricing of plans. Most of its coverages, benefits and operating policies are standard for the industry. One area where it does seem to stand out is in its coverage for older vehicles, but it’s hard to say for sure without more specific plan information.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
autopom! Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.