Service Protection Direct

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased this coverage in February 2016 and faithfully paid my premium monthly on time. When I needed work done on my vehicle I was told I was not covered so I canceled my coverage. I sent these ** my $115 faithfully for the next 6 months and when I wrote them to get a refund I'm only getting 1/3 of my money. They say "fees? what fees?" This company is dishonest and I referred a family member and they canceled also. Something need to be done about Companies that talk a good talk but when it come time to get a repair they say you're not qualified and won't refund your money. I say **. I am really upset because people don't have money to throw away and this company is full of it. Do not waste your money with this company.

They put the extended warranty on a vehicle that I no longer have. When we called them they were extremely rude!! When we told them that we were going to get a lawyer because they were refusing to reimburse us they said, "good luck." If anyone have a legitimate contact at this company please let me know. The two representatives that were belittling and beyond rude to myself and my grandmother (of all people) were Andrew ** and Jason **. Any help with that anyone can send over will be greatly appreciated!

I purchase this warranty for my 2002 Lexus GS 300 in 2014 from Service Protection Direct. They called me on the phone, offered me the warranty for my vehicle. Every time I take the vehicle to the Lexus dealer with issues and give my warranty account number and phone number for the dealer to contact them. They always refuse to fix the issues. They say they cover this problem. They don't cover air condition problem or the engine shaft ring is leaking oil need to be replaced. They said the same thing. I am wondering is there anything the consumer can do to get the money back already paid to these people.

One of the top worst companies I have ever dealt with. I was lied to about the cancellation process which I was told 90 days on the phone by their salesman for a full refund to now 30 days without a $150 dollar cancellation. Unfortunately I canceled two days after the 30 day notice. Now I have to pay 150 dollar cancellation fee plus then the prorate for mileage on a policy I never used or had access to use because you have to accumulate 1000 miles to make a claim on the policy. This company is full of crap. I beg you if you do get stuck with this bull crap company called Service Protection Direct, screw them and screw them hard. But if you are fortunate enough to read this before you purchase a policy, look elsewhere. This company hasn't even made it in the new year 11 days and they already made Scum Bag of year award.

I have a very close experience with this company. It is a scam. Please everyone save your money. They use extreme sales pitches and say the savings are only available for today. LIE. They say they cover all these things. LIE. They cover nothing so please just safe your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Service Protection Direct?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I was sold a bill of goods by "Service Protection Direct" and I plan to cancel if I can. I purchased the "Enhanced Protector" benefit on my 2008 BMW 535i ... Exp: 10/16/2019 / at Mileage 170,696 with a $0 Deductible. At mileage 77,554 I kept having check engine codes and took it in to the dealer. The dealer found several problems and I gave him my Service Protection Direct contract number and contact info. They found that the turbocharges were causing the problem. Thank goodness they were still under Warranty and they were replaced. They found two other problems also, the rear differential seals were leaking $588.00, and an Oil filter housing was leaking $1108. Service Protection Direct said that they didn't cover those problems. A $2180.46 Bump in the road.

The next problem I had was not covered either but that was mostly normal services done oil, filter. The cooling system needed a flush and re-fill. Not covered! Front Brakes Pads, Rotors & a bad Pad sensor $874.85 Not covered! At mileage 84,123 the driver side front window went down but wouldn't go up. I took it to a local Euro-repair shop and he said the window regulator was bad. They also found a problem with the window channel bracket. Again I gave them my Service Protection Direct contract number and contact info.

Again Service Protection Direct said that they didn't cover that problem. Another $904 Bump in the road. They repaired the Window channel and replaced the window regulator. The Service Protection Direct website says they cover "Power Windows - $850.00". I guess that must be some another power window that I don't have... So what I thought was a good deal for my ageing BMW is looking like a big bump in my Wallet and absolutely no Peace of mind.

We purchased an extended warranty on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. We made 3 official claims, ones that were listed in the booklet and 2 were flat out denied to the Jeep dealership, and 1 they paid $300 of a $1000 repair. We had called to cancel shortly after that due to the many hours of frustration in trying to make our claims. I spoke to one of their "slick willies" or customer retention experts who convinced me to stay and give them another chance. We had another issue with the jeep and again, denied. I called to inform them we were going to cancel and would be requesting a refund. They told me that they would not tell me how much the refund would be until they got the cancellation papers in the mail and it would take 6 weeks. They said there was a matrix that they used based on mileage, time from origination etc but could not give me said matrix so I could figure out what we would receive as a refund.

I called 2 months later to follow up as I had not heard from them and long story short, they claim there was no refund due. I calculated they should owe about $750 from what little information they would give me. But even after paying almost 3000 for the warranty they did not even have the decency to follow up and let us know they were not offering a refund. For what we paid, we could have paid our repairs ourselves. I fully believe in having insurance on pretty much everything I own, but I TRULY believe this company is a hoax and highly recommend NOT to use this particular company.

I was offered a warranty on my truck with 150,000 miles on it. The warranty allowed me to drive with confidence to 250,000. I commute and really put on miles fast. When I had a problem my mechanic called the company and they wired him money without delay for the repairs. I was very pleased with their service. I only used $2,000 in repairs for a $3,000 warranty but the extra miles I was able to confidently drive was well worth it. I don't gave an order number as it has been 3 years since I had the service.

I purchased a Warranty in January of 2012 for my used 1998 Buick Regal at a premium price to ensure I would be covered for costly repairs that could occur with my vehicle. My car had 96,103 miles on it when I purchased the warranty. I was careful to review the terms, coverages and disclosures on my contract. Yet at every turn with any and every repair, the company has continued to give me the runaround and deny claims that were clearly listed as being "covered." They have paid some claims, but none without complete hassle of multiple calls and getting the runaround.

My coverage was suppose to be valid through 03/12/2017 & of 172,103 MILES. Yet here I am, once again getting denied to replace my motor at approx 120,000 miles. The repair on my vehicle was held up due to the warranty company needing to come out and see the torn down engine. Then after their continued behaviors from the past, they deny the claim by way of the adjuster stating the failure of the engine was due to it being run without any oil, which is a complete ruse. My car was looked at by 3 different mechanics at three different shops and they all said that was a complete lie and just another scam to deny coverage.

Here I am in a position that I have to not only pay every dime out of pocket for all the repairs, but I have to consuming more time, effort and expense in moving forward with forcing the company to honor the warranty that was paid for in full and in good faith of the contract being honored. They have not provided me with anything in writing as to the denial of my claim, and they constantly give me and anyone who calls with a claim nothing but rhetoric and run around tactics.

Not sure about the company as nothing was written on the mail I got as urgent. Called them to understand what this is and later got the coverage plan details.

Just asked about the company name so I can read reviews and get back but the supervisor says I have 16mins before I can give you this offer to cover vehicle so be on call and come back so can run the payment. After reading reviews i feel the same, they force to buy the coverage but wont cover. Still how such companies run in reality?

Purchased their Enhanced Protection Warranty 4 1/2 years ago. They ultimately covered all repairs submitted, but not without having to go up the chain to get approvals after initially denying claims. Then at the end of the term the rep offered to renew, but when the policy arrived, it turned out to be far less coverage for $750 more than the original policy. Was a disappointment to experience a blatant bait & switch tactic. I'm an attorney and carefully read through the Description of Coverage, a more trusting individual would have been sucked in unaware by this approach.

After reviewing the extended warranty that I was to purchase via Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau, I called back within 30 minutes to cancel their service warranty protection due to the negativity on these sites. Total was roughly over $3,000.00, payment of $150.00 down and 24 month of $119.00. I asked for the customer service department and was given back to the sales person. Who said that Protection Direct is a call center and of course they would have a negative review. He then gave me the name of Marathon Administrative of which I looked up and they too had a negative reports. I demanded my money to be credited back on to my card. I was then told they were going to credit it back because I was broke and a handful of other insults of which at one point they took and kept the line open and I could hear them. I then called my credit card company and CANCELED my card after finding out they could run it later on... These people are as sweet as pie until you want to cancel and then its a whole new adventure... I am so glad I CANCELED!

My husband recently purchased a car a month ago and then was called to go out to sea because he is Navy. In his being gone he started getting VEHICLE ALERT NOTICES (4) from this company, and it seemed important. So I gave them a call before the due date letting them know he will be back two days after the due date since I don't know Much about the car except that he loves it. They then tried to get me to buy the warranty they offered transferring me back and forth between two individuals (good cop, bad cop) tells me why I should purchase it. They went from saying a 495 down payment to 325 to 195. Really? I told the guy I didn't want to be the one making that choice considering I don't know what he already had on the car or if he was covered by someone else.

Why spend more money on something he already has? The guy started to get loud, rude and very upset with me and said why wouldn't I want to cover my boyfriend's car. I undle.ed him he was my husband and that I just explained to him. He was more upset saying WHAT'S THE PROBLEM THEN, IS IT THE COST? WOULDN'T YOU WANT HIM TO COVER YOUR CAR FOR YOU. I tried keeping calm to tell him he was crossing the line and I said no thanks and goodbye. He went on to say A GOOD WIFE WOULD BUY THE WARRANTY as if he was demeaning me as wife.

I continued to say no thanks and he got so upset he told me very rudely and loudly MA’AM JUST HAVE A GOOD DAY and hung up in my face. That's fine with me now that I see other reviews on their scam. Glad he got rude because if he had of waited until a couple days from now I would have never read the reviews. And knowing how much my husband loves his car we would have purchased it.

I purchased a car with over 100K miles. 4 months later, I kept receiving marketing from this company once a week and phone calls once every 2 weeks. I kept throwing them away, until finally I thought maybe I'll need this car warranty. Even after purchasing the warranty, someone from the company kept calling to get me to sign up. I had to keep telling them that I already purchased it. BIG mistake! 2 months later, I had problems. Called the claims department, told them what was wrong and he told me where to take it and that the repair place needed to call them before any repairs were done. ALL REPAIRS WERE DENIED! Over $1100 worth of repairs. The guy should have told me this before I paid someone $100 to do a ton of diagnostics on the car?

Now I'm out that money and I will have to pay for the repairs myself. Of course when I called to cancel, I was put on hold for over 15 minutes. I called back later and they finally let me cancel after trying to talk me into keeping it. THEN 2 hours later, I got a call from the company making it seem like it was my fault that nothing was covered. Then he told me the repairs should be covered. Then told me to pay for the repairs myself and the company would reimburse me. There was no way that was going to happen. They denied my claims the first time from the dealership. How do I know they wouldn't do the same thing after the fact? This company can't make up their mind what they're doing. Never again will I be so naive.

Today I got a mail from this company Protection Direct, Waterloo, IL. They wrote that I purchased my car 1 month ago. This is wrong. The whole mail is ** and tries to push people into a contract with this company. This company tries to take advantage of people who are not familiar with warranties and coverage.

This company is misleading on anything to do with extended warranties. We purchased the 3-year, 36000-mile extended GM warranty not from Service Warranty Direct but from GM. We still have until July of next year on it and are nowhere near the extra 36000 miles we paid to extend the warranty for. We just had the vehicle in less than 2 weeks ago and the dealer told us we had until the end of July on our extended warranty with them. So if you get something from this other company, it's fraud and a scam they're running to try to get you to buy something you don't need. Ask your car dealer where you get it serviced, not some morons at a company that sounds like it's run by a foreign group not a United States-run company. Too many foreign countries try to scam the American public and you need to be aware of this. Check the BBB before buying.

I bought the extended warranty from this company, and I should have known better. I had the same experience with a home warranty company also, and now they are being sued. I hope this company gets the same. I had a radiator leak and needed to replace the radiator. I took it to the shop, and it was there for 3 days, and the final answer was denied. Because they said it was there before the warranty. That’s **. Well, I canceled the warranty, and they emailed me about the service I received, and I wrote back saying that they can stick the contract up the **. I stopped the direct withdraw from my bank. I will never do business with the so-called protection for home or auto. They are a bunch of crooks. I advise do your homework and follow your feelings. Stay away from them scams.

Little after my car's original guaranty expired, I decided to open a policy with the "Service Protection Direct" as a replacement program for my manufacturer warranty. Their mailing address is 1301 Jamie Lane, Waterloo, Illinois 62208 and their phone number is 877-728-6040. A few weeks after I started my policy, I called for some repairs and was denied! Their reason: "There is a restricted period of time before having the freedom to open claims", which I thought was understandable. But recently, my transmission broke down due to internal transmission failure. I called and was denied coverage for this service! Their reason: "I don't have sufficient oil change receipts since I first opened the policy with them".

I explained that I usually purchase my own oil and have it changed by family members. Furthermore, since the transmission was not covered, I had to pay for the car rental out of my pocket. I have been paying $186.67 every month for this policy, over a year now. I'm supposedly under their "Platinum" package. I really think that they are targeting me because oil change is in correlation to the engine, not the transmission. I showed them proof of a few general maintenance services and a maintenance service I did to the transmission about 30,000 miles ago, but that was not enough for them.

The contracts that "Service Protection Direct" sells to the public are backed by the administrator Marathon, which is registered in the states it does business in. Marathon is responsible for all of their claims. Marathon's mailing address is PO Box 961, O'Fallon, Illinois 62269 and their phone number is 800-205-8988. By the way, my policy is still active today. I really don't know what further steps to take!

I purchased an extended warranty on my 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup in 2008, after my factory warranty ran out with Chrysler. I received numerous letters from companies telling me that my factory warranty was running out, and I should immediately extend the warranty, making me believe that it was through Chrysler. I agreed to extend the warranty, because my pickup had only 83,000 miles on it and the warranty would extend it to 178,121 miles, which was great.

They wanted $200.00 up front and $133.00 for 18 months for the coverage, which I thought was okay, since if I had a major problem with transmission or engine, I would be protected. They debited my account for the 18 months of payments, and I completed them in last of October 2009. Keep in mind that I am a 53-year-old woman driving this vehicle.

I started having trouble with the vehicle, and it didn't want to start. My husband took the battery off and took it to be tested, and they said the battery was weak and replaced the battery. Still it would not start. Finally, I got it running and decided to take it to shop in Tyler (closest Dodge dealer to my house for warranty work). It stalled on the side of the road and had to be towed into Tyler to Allen Samuels Dodge/Chrysler.

They looked at the truck and said it had bad battery--all they could find. They also said I should not have bought a battery from Auto Zone and that it's always bad! I said they needed to look at it closer, because I was not going to come and get it and risk breaking down. So later that day, I got a call from them saying "Oh, we didn't see it when we talked to you earlier. But your truck has a bad head gasket (or something like that) and there is water in the oil."

I said, "Well, I have an extended warranty." And he gave me a number to call for the Chrysler Warranty Company, so I could present my claim. And guess what I found out? I didn't have a warranty with Chrysler; I had a warranty with some off-the-wall company.

When we called them, they said my warranty didn't cover anything to do with the engine. (By the way, they did cover the towing charge for about 7 miles to Allen Samuels dealership.) The charges to repair my pickup was estimated at $3500.00 by Allen Samuels Dodge. I had it towed again at my cost $150.00 from Tyler back to my house in Winnsboro. I will never, ever buy an extended warranty on a vehicle as long as I live from any company whether they represent themselves to be dealer-connected or not.

I, of course, was the sucker and bought their stupid extended warranty. After I had paid into it for almost a year, my transmission went out and I needed to get it replaced. Lo and behold, even though the information I received stated I was covered, they wouldn't cover it. They didn't really give me much of an explanation as to why. I was quite disgusted and decided to cancel the stupid thing. And the sales man tried to tell me how great their service was and how I should really keep it. “Yeah, right,” I said.

Well, he never actually closed out my account; so the next month rolled by and the $200.00 was taken out of my account. I called back and was transferred—no lie—10 times before I finally got a manager who didn't seem like his head was totally stuck up his **. Boy was I wrong. He said I had to wait 10 business days to receive a check in the mail with the money they took out without authorization from me. So I waited and waited and waited, 10 business days went by.

I called on the 14th business day and spoke to a manager who said it was mailed out that day. Are you ** kidding me? I already waited the 10 days I was supposed to for my money and now I have to wait longer because you guys probably screwed up again? I asked to speak to his manager and was told, and I quote, “This phone call will not go past me; I am the manager and the check was sent in the mail.” Excuse me, who the hell are you to tell me who I can and can't talk to? “We'll see about that,” I said. I called back and received the corporate number, and I put in a formal complaint in regards to the whole process. Stan, if you're reading this, kiss my **.

Service Protection Direct Company Profile