Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Protection Direct Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I purchased the contract from Service Protection Direct in June of 2016. One of the terms of said contract was there was a waiting period of thirty days plus 1,000 miles. November 2017 I had engine trouble. I took the truck in to the dealership to be diagnosed for a knocking noise. The company wouldn't authorize the engine teardown, I had to agree to be responsible for the cost. They would reimburse me if they approved the repairs. They decided not to repair the vehicle. Said it was from a pre-existing condition. There was NO WAY I could have driven the truck for 1 year and 5 months and eleven hundred + miles without it seizing up long before now. Service Protection Direct also known as Marathon Group is King of the Rip-off artist.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This company does not know what they are doing. I signed up for it and gave them my address. Well when they put the address in the system they used my wife and my name as the street address. When I went to cancel the service they kept saying they couldn't until I received the contract packet. I never received it and had enough of it and told them they need to cancel it right now. The guy would not shut up about the reason why I was cancelling it and I sat on the phone with him for a good 30 mins before he would cancel it. He rudely hung up on me after it was cancel. He said, "You happy now? It's cancelled" and hung up. I called back and filed a complaint about him but doubt anything will happen. This company just sucks. Do not I repeat do not go with them.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Do not purchase warranty! They refused to cover what was a definitive issue that a certified GMC dealer stated any other warranty insurance company would have no problem covering. That this company was the rudest the worst company they have ever dealt with. It took over a month for them to even look at the vehicle. The added expense of a rental car cost is 1,000$. They are being investigated by the California Gov. For it appears fraudulent handling of warranty claims.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Hi, I just wanted to write about this company Service Protection Direct; Jessica **, Chad ** and Laura **, the 3 officers that rip off people for this company and they never respond back as soon as they create the policy, Carlos and Andrew are the claim representative. God Knows if these names are real or not. They do not cover anything. People please Do not buy their services. These people are Bunch of liars, Scammers, very rude and I hope they won't do it to their own family or friends. But I believe in Karma... I am very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

This company sold my elderly mother, who has dementia and is on a fixed income, an expensive extended warranty. My mother has not had a driver's license for years and her car is in storage. When I called to cancel and request a refund, they questioned if my mother actually had dementia, were rude and aggressive. Beware of this company. Scam. Beware. I am pursuing legal action, reporting to Adult Protective Services, as well as, to Better Business Bureau.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protection Direct?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I purchased this coverage in February 2016 and faithfully paid my premium monthly on time. When I needed work done on my vehicle I was told I was not covered so I canceled my coverage. I sent these ** my $115 faithfully for the next 6 months and when I wrote them to get a refund I'm only getting 1/3 of my money. They say "fees? what fees?" This company is dishonest and I referred a family member and they canceled also. Something need to be done about Companies that talk a good talk but when it come time to get a repair they say you're not qualified and won't refund your money. I say **. I am really upset because people don't have money to throw away and this company is full of it. Do not waste your money with this company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

They put the extended warranty on a vehicle that I no longer have. When we called them they were extremely rude!! When we told them that we were going to get a lawyer because they were refusing to reimburse us they said, "good luck." If anyone have a legitimate contact at this company please let me know. The two representatives that were belittling and beyond rude to myself and my grandmother (of all people) were Andrew ** and Jason **. Any help with that anyone can send over will be greatly appreciated!

Original review: July 19, 2016

I purchase this warranty for my 2002 Lexus GS 300 in 2014 from Service Protection Direct. They called me on the phone, offered me the warranty for my vehicle. Every time I take the vehicle to the Lexus dealer with issues and give my warranty account number and phone number for the dealer to contact them. They always refuse to fix the issues. They say they cover this problem. They don't cover air condition problem or the engine shaft ring is leaking oil need to be replaced. They said the same thing. I am wondering is there anything the consumer can do to get the money back already paid to these people.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

One of the top worst companies I have ever dealt with. I was lied to about the cancellation process which I was told 90 days on the phone by their salesman for a full refund to now 30 days without a $150 dollar cancellation. Unfortunately I canceled two days after the 30 day notice. Now I have to pay 150 dollar cancellation fee plus then the prorate for mileage on a policy I never used or had access to use because you have to accumulate 1000 miles to make a claim on the policy. This company is full of crap. I beg you if you do get stuck with this bull crap company called Service Protection Direct, screw them and screw them hard. But if you are fortunate enough to read this before you purchase a policy, look elsewhere. This company hasn't even made it in the new year 11 days and they already made Scum Bag of year award.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I have a very close experience with this company. It is a scam. Please everyone save your money. They use extreme sales pitches and say the savings are only available for today. LIE. They say they cover all these things. LIE. They cover nothing so please just safe your money.

Protection Direct Company Information