It's that easy Request Information
4.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

362 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

America Auto Care covers more for as many miles that were on my car. Their rep was nice, detailed and customer-oriented. The auto coverage I got covers pretty much everything except for normal wear and tear on a vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

America Auto Care was the only one who contacted me back. I got their unlimited bumper-to-bumper coverage plan. The rep that I spoke to was helpful and purchasing the plan over the phone took about 10 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

America Auto Care's coverage on my truck is good. Also, when I filed a claim, I basically didn't do anything other than take the truck to the dealership as the dealership took care of everything. I would definitely recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got a full body coverage for my car from America Auto Care and the rep I worked with was very friendly and knowledgeable. So far, it's been a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

America Auto Care's reps were very excellent and informative. Everything they told me was exactly how it was once I got the printout of everything. The plan covers a lot and I like it. I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Our truck is a 2008 F-150. We had the factory warranty and then we bought an extended warranty. Then we went back and bought another extended warranty, and a second one. But then they considered our truck too old to sell us another one. We are retired and on a set income, so we need the protection. I received a call from America Auto Care and I ended getting the best coverage plan that they have. I was just glad to get it.

The rep that I dealt with over the phone was very helpful. I was able to decide right on the spot to go ahead and go with them. They were very informative and courteous, so I appreciate that because when you’re looking for something that you need and you get a person that is very informed with what they’re offering, then that helps a lot. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Mainly, I was looking to cover the expensive things like the engine, the transmission, and the larger items in the auto coverage plan for my Nissan. I checked at least five auto coverage companies and I liked the customer service of America Auto Care. The rep that I originally talked to seemed like he genuinely wanted my business, instead of just saying, "This is the plan. Take it or leave it." He worked with me on my coverage plan. At one point, I thought they were a little high on the cost, but they come down on it. They gave me a military discount and nobody else had offered that at all, even if I already told them that I was a disabled vet on a fixed income. America Auto Care was the only one that seemed to care and I appreciate that.

I just started the coverage right before I paid the vehicle off and so far my experience with them has been excellent. But when I originally signed up, I had a problem with the warranty card on my car and I called them. The little chip had gone out on the card and I had forgotten to change it, so I had to get a new card and number. They charged me $10 just to change the card number and I didn’t understand that part. But other than that, I'm okay with America Auto Care. They're great and I've enjoyed being with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We just got from a 7500-mile trip, and my main concern was what happens if I'm on this trip and something happens to the truck. I was looking for an auto coverage that I can use if I had any major problems like my motor or transmission or the four-wheel drive transfer case. America Auto Care gave me a better deal than the other place, and from what I heard about the other place, I'm glad I didn't go with them. The representative I dealt with was fine, too. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I looked at three companies and decided on America Auto Care. They covered a lot of components of the automobile. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but my other warranty was almost stopped, so I wanted to get an extension. They had a high-pressure salesperson. Also, I wasn't happy about two things. One was they did not include the battery in the hybrid and other was that there was a deductible. About two months after getting America Auto Care, I was informed of another company that was a little bit lower in price, had zero deductible and included the battery for my hybrid car. I sort of regret going with America Auto Care. People should go and find out estimates from not only online but also ask auto dealers what they know about extended warranties.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My warranty expired and I had to open another one. America Auto Care sent me a thing and I called them. I also called a couple of companies and I priced them. I liked America Auto Care better. Their reps were good. Everything that they explained to me about the warranty was what I was looking for. Also, if anything goes wrong with the engine or the motor or if I get a flat, the roadside service comes. The other warranty I had, it only went to a certain mileage. When I got stuck, they said they couldn't go on the highway. I had to get somebody to push me out of the highway in order for the assistance to come.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have an older vehicle, and you never know what happens when you buy something used. I went online and America Auto Care contacted me. The salesman assured me that I wasn’t obligated to keep them if it wasn’t something that I thought was gonna work for me. I would definitely recommend them. So far, they have been good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I learned about America Auto Care through a friend and I like their package. I've had them for 5 months now and I like it so far. I have a claim that I’m trying to get taken care of and I gas up with the wrong mouse down so I haven’t got denied anything but I’m behind because of credit information. The synchro on a transmission was unsynchronized and they told me that I have to update my mileage, so the mechanic is gonna take a picture and send it to them. While the claim is suspended, the representatives were professional. Overall, go with America Auto Care.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was looking for something to extend my warranty and America Auto Care was the first one I found. I found them on the internet and everything was good in the initial consultation. I got the 100,000 miles powertrain warranty.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I used America Auto Care on my Cadillac Escalade but I sold my Escalade and dropped the services that I had with them. When I bought the Audi, I got back with America Auto Care and they’ve been great. I was just looking for a warranty, but then they had a lot of other perks that made it worth the money that I spend, and that really made me wanna come back to them, such as the roadside assistance. Also, if I need an oil change, I could go in and they would cover it. The young man I spoke to at America Auto Care was very knowledgeable and polite. I asked him to give me five minutes since my wife called and he held the line. By doing that, he was telling me that he cherished my business. That gave me a great impression about him and for the company that he works with. The coverage he gave me was bumper-to-bumper which includes all the components.

The young lady I called told me not to worry and that they would send a tow truck to pick up my vehicle. That’s good customer service that any business doesn’t have anymore. I’m on my way back to Houston tomorrow and I’ll probably add two more cars through America Auto Care. If America Auto Care could send me some business cards out, so I can pass along to other friends of mine with Audi vehicles, that would be great because the business that'll be generated from them, by my experience, go along with it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My car has low mileage and I wanted to get an auto coverage plan. I signed up for America Auto Care and the interaction with the rep was okay. At first, they wanted information off of the only charge card I have, but it’s not a charge card, it’s my social security card. But after talking to them for probably more than an hour, I finally decided that that was the way I was gonna go because I have to sign up on the first call. They won’t let me call back a week later. But as far as the payments, they got that all taken care of. However, there was no knowledge at all given to me when it comes to what the plan covers. All I’ve been getting is a slip for payment due. Maybe I would have to make a claim before they would even mail me that information. I gotta put 1,000 miles on my car before I can even make a claim. But so far, America Auto care is good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I wanted an extended warranty and looked at four different companies. America Auto Care seemed like a great company. Their rep was very intelligent and very informative. He spoke in English and not in terms that I couldn’t understand.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have an older truck and I wanted to get more warranty on it. I looked at three different companies and I decided to go with America Auto Care. They sent me an email and they offered an extended part of their warranty. I liked that they give a bit of a discount and return you some money on oil changes and brakes. They also do a bumper-to-bumper warranty and there wasn’t any underlining print. Plus, they had towing and rental car included in the package.

Other than that, the rep I talked to was not aggressive and was cool about everything. He wasn’t pushy and he knew quite a bit about my truck. He also said that the electric motor and the doors are gonna be going and it was nice that he knew a little about the rig and what to look for. He was thorough, really knowledgeable on aftercare, and wanted to make sure there weren’t any aftermarket items on the truck. He took my mileage verbatim and told me that they could pull a Carfax on my truck. So if my maintenance wasn't up to date, they were able to verify it. I knew that getting the warranty was gonna be an expense, but I was pleasantly surprised about the price that I got from America Auto Care. I didn’t have money straight upfront but they made the warranty affordable for me and worked it into my budget. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My car's warranty was ready to expire and then somebody from America Auto Care called me to see if I wanted the extended warranty. The rep was very personable and he knew what he was talking about. He answered every question without any hesitation. I decided on getting their plan considering the price and the process, and went for a coverage that was a little less than bumper-to-bumper, but still covering pretty much everything. I’m very pleased with America Auto Care.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My auto warranty was fixing to run out and I needed one to help cover my new vehicle. America Auto Care was the first one to call and the rep was nice and helpful. My needs were attended to. I’d recommend somebody to give them a call. I’m sure they can help out.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The extended warranty on my truck had run out. With it getting up there in age, I figured I’d better get something that was gonna cover it because I do a lot of work and a lot of running in there. I looked up America Auto Care online for extended service and their prices were competitive. They were also the only one that got back with me in a timely manner. Everything's been good with their customer service, too. Every time I’ve talked with their reps, they've been knowledgeable in answering any questions that I’ve had. I’d tell my friends to think heavy on America Auto Care based on my experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I liked America Auto Care's price and some of the other items that they provided, but I wanted to make sure that I’m gonna be able to use all those services, too. I wanted to make sure they covered everything that needs to be done and if anything breaks down, it will be taken care of. I ended up getting the bumper-to-bumper coverage. After I received the information when I signed up, the rep told me that America Auto Care will provide discounts for brakes and batteries and he told me that I can use that immediately, but when I looked on the paperwork, it said I couldn’t use it until 60 days after.

I was getting my brakes done and was gonna get the full brakes, but I just got the fronts and would get the rear later on because when I read the plan, I couldn't even use it that time. I had to get my brakes because they were already due, although the back part was okay, so I could do away with those. I haven’t submitted my receipt yet, but I need to do that for me to get reimbursed on the portion of those. However, it kinda upset me because the rep told me that it was from the get-go and he told me it wasn’t 60 days after. He said I could use it immediately. I knew the wait time on the other stuff, but he said I can do the little maintenance items that were attached to the plan, like the discount on brakes and on batteries.

But other than that, the reps were knowledgeable as far as what they were telling me, but I hope that everything gets covered. I have a scheduled maintenance for my transmission and I wanna take care of everything that I could possibly can because those are major expenses to me. I can’t be without my car because I won’t be able to go to work.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I was looking for major coverage even though my auto doesn’t have a problem. I just didn’t want it to have a problem. What I got with America Auto Care covers just about everything on the car, particularly all the major components of the car. One representative that I dealt with was a little pushy though, but that was okay. I didn’t have a problem with that. However, I asked them to call me back and they didn't. I had put the warranty on a credit card to begin with but it was a one-time thing. They were supposed to call me back to switch it over and they didn’t call back. Then I got a notice that the payment had been rejected. But in the end, it got moved out okay. Everybody should have a little backup thing and I would recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My interactions with America Auto Care's reps have been good and they've been very professional. I did some research, compared pricing and enrolled with America Auto Care. We went through everything over the phone. I asked some questions, confirmed details and they answered all my questions. Then we finished everything by email. Everything went well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I just joined America Auto Care three months ago and so far, I'm happy with my experience with them. I was looking for something that would cover me from end to end. I had gotten something about a warranty on my email, I happen to hit it and it was America Auto Care. They were a lot cheaper than the others that I looked at. The rep was nice and wasn't pushy in trying to force me to get their warranty. He let me ask questions and he answered them. However, when people get their pamphlet after they purchase the warranty, it tells them what it doesn’t do too, so I hope I chose the right one. If the coverage is what I’m thinking it is, then I feel good about it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We decided to keep the vehicle that we had instead of going out and purchasing a new one because we love it so much. That’s why we got the coverage on the car. We thought our old warranty had run out until we checked our books. We recently found out that we still have a warranty on our car. So now, we have double coverage. Nonetheless, I deal with a lot of different companies on a daily basis and America Auto Care's customer service was exemplary. The representative was very informative and the explanation that we got was phenomenal. I wanted somebody who would cover the most major stuff and America Auto Care pretty much covered everything that we would’ve actually been concerned about.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I needed something because my vehicle is nearly 13 years old. I wanted something to protect me against any future incidences of repair or a breakdown. After looking at five companies, I went with America Auto Care for the cost and the perceived coverage. The representative was also very thorough and clear when he explained what would be covered with my service. At his direction, I obtained service that seemed like it would cover any upcoming repairs. But there are a couple of things now that put me in a position where if they are not resolved, I may request for this policy be cancelled.

At this point, I have a pending claim that has been rejected. My mechanic got back to me after about a week and he had a laundry list of repairs needed for the vehicle. But America Auto Care is saying that they won’t cover the repairs and the funny thing is I don't know why. There are mechanical repairs that have to do with driving the vehicle but America Auto Care said that the only thing that they would cover is the turn signal indicator. I didn’t even have a problem with my turn signal though.

I've had the same mechanic for 15 years and he's trying to back me up. He is investigating it right now. He has the policy with the hopes that we can get it resolved. The simple math that I am doing is this. I pay $3,600 for the warranty and my mechanic submitted for about $4,900 in repairs. Effectively, there is a $1,300 difference. If somebody is doing the numbers on that one policy and saying that this person has outlived the benefit of what the policy is paying so they're not gonna cover it, I need to know upfront so I can cancel the warranty.

I think America Auto Care will fall back on the legalities in the contract. The reality of it is there needs to be specific and plain language surrounding what is and isn’t covered. There should also be examples given upfront. Effectively, I needed as close to a bumper-to-bumper warranty as I could get on a nearly 13-year-old vehicle. But I don’t feel like that it was explained in as clear terms as it could’ve been. They should have let me go into this with the benefit of all pertinent information. Then we could have come to an agreement. I would either take their services or not based off of that. Because if they were unable to offer what I was looking for or some reasonable facsimile of it, they should have just said it. If all they were looking to do was to close sales, then they didn’t really make a sale because I’ll cancel the policy if I’m within my right to do so.

I got the warranty in August and I haven’t done anything on this policy. The payment is automatically deducted from my credit card and I pay the credit every month. And yet, I don’t enjoy what I’ve paid. Now, when I need the warranty, they are saying they don't do certain things. If the warranty isn’t going to suit my needs, I would like to have my money refunded. However, if they would like to keep the $3,600 that I’m paying over the lifetime of this policy and execute the repairs, then I’ll happily keep it. Then there’s no issue.

Another thing is that I have vehicle coverage and I need a vehicle. But they only pay for four days and I was hoping that I could stretch it as long as I don't need the vehicle. I've been without my car for two weeks now. But my kids have been out of school and the days have matched up. I don’t feel like paying for a rental vehicle and if I do have to pay, I wanna pay as little as possible.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My mother-in-law was buying a used Yukon and I was trying to find her a warranty for it because it was like $4,000 for one at the dealership, which was a little overboard. I helped her out and did some bookwork for her and had about 15 different companies call me. The America Auto Care salesman that called me was really good. He called to sell me a warranty for a different vehicle and when I told him I didn’t have that particular vehicle, he asked if I had another vehicle I’d like to get a quote. I said that I have this car that I wouldn’t mind putting an extended warranty on, and he then gave me a quote and told me to give him the miles. He also said I couldn’t claim anything on it for 1,000 miles and 30 days to protect the company a little bit. The warranty seems as good as what I would have with my extended warranty plan with Ford when I had it. I would recommend America Auto Care to somebody who needs a warranty.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My car was around 60,000 miles and I was thinking that for the peace of mind, it’d be good to have a warranty. I was looking for something that covered the electronics and air conditioner, the main components of the car and the timing chain, and America Auto Care's price was more in line with what I was looking for. Their rep wasn’t pushy, he answered my questions and he was really knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The warranty on my car ran out. I then decided to get an extended warranty. I went through three warranty providers and I went with America Auto Care. It was good with their reps, if it hadn't been, I wouldn't have got it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My original coverage from the dealership was gonna end in a few weeks so I had to find another warranty company. I also wanted to get work done on my car without paying the original price and I was told that every moving part in my car was covered in my America Auto Care warranty. Their sales rep was pretty courteous and my experience with their reps have been pretty good.

America Auto Care expert review by Lauren Fix

This company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. Offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

• Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.

• Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.

• Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.

• Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.

• Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.

• Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

America Auto Care Company Information