It's that easy Request Information
4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

325 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have an older car and it was getting to the point where we are gonna have some work done down the road so I thought getting a coverage was a prudent thing to do. I went through and looked at the ratings of warranty companies in the internet and then, I gave America Auto Care a call. They offered me different options and I ended up with a full coverage. The price was right and their reps were very professional, quick and very helpful in explaining all the coverage and how it works. I’m happy with America Auto Care and I would recommend it.

Hey Randy,

We encourage all vehicle owners to have a warranty on their vehicle because you never know when an issue will arise. Warranty prevents owners for having to pay out of pocket for the full cost of repairs. Older vehicles are especially susceptible to having failures and the best way to ensure you wont be stuck with a large repair bill is to have a warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The warranty process seemed pretty easy the way America Auto Care explained it. If something happened to my car, all I had to do is contact them. They said I can go wherever I choose to go so I’m not stuck with junky joes to get my car fixed. I still go where I normally go, which is Koons Kia. America Auto Care had different payment plans. There was one where I could pay throughout the four years that I have their coverage. I could pay it any year without having to pay it in a year. A rep I dealt with was knowledgeable to me. He said how much it costs, what I'll get and the payment options. The process seems pretty straightforward to me and the fact that they have different payment plans that you can come up with the money all at once, you can just check it out, what payment, which most of the time is what people like.

Hey Anna,

Flexible payment plans are available to all of our clients to meet all types of budgets. We believe warranty should be affordable to all. If you ever have questions on the claims process, our agents are here to help you. Contact us at 888-497-3572. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have an extended car coverage with America Auto Care after being with a couple of different ones and I’m glad that we chose this company. I heard that America Auto Care had approximately 96% ratio on paid out claims. It’s one thing to see reviews of happy customers, and in my opinion, they’re reviews of happy customers that are just starting off with the company. But when I see paid out claims happy reviews, it’s exciting because it’s one thing to be with a company for so long and then they stiff you. I ended up getting the advanced auto coverage. The great thing was that there was a special promotion that we obtained from them. We pay the coverage plan for 18 months and then we’re covered for five years.

I had a problem initially when it came to trying to find out where the roadside assistance number was. I looked all over online for it, but then, it was in the pamphlet the whole time. It would be nice if they had a payable and upgradable feature that I could pay a bit more for roadside, like if I wanted to be covered for more than just 15 miles of towing. Other than that, I’m satisfied knowing I’m in good hands with America Auto Care. They were very accommodating in hearing me out.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I was looking for a coverage plan for my vehicle since the previous warranty for it had expired. I got the comprehensive plan with America Auto Care. The rep called and we talked on the phone. He gave me information and the interaction that I had with him was very business-like and professional.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I needed a warranty for my car and America Auto Care offered me one. I signed up with them and my interactions with the customer service reps were okay, although I almost didn't like them because whoever took the notes on the computer almost made my deposit be taken. They put in the wrong billing information for my car. The rep called me the next day and I corrected my billing and I got an email address. Then, somebody called me and told me that my payment was not paying them. I had to give her my confirmation number, but she never noted in the computer that the billing information was wrong, so I'm sure that they'll be calling me next month and will be telling me my payment is late.

The payment is automatically taken out of my bank account and the rep put in the zip code that I live in to get the billing and it got rejected. The zip code was wrong, so as soon as she called me, I told her to do what I would tell her to do and they will get the payment. I'm gonna sit back and wait for next month to see if she corrected it or not. When another rep called, I told him also to make a note that my billing address is one address and not where I live at.

Hello Miesha,

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns with the billing issue. If ever you have any questions on the billing system please reach out to our customer service team at 888-497-3572 to have any concerns addressed. Welcome to our family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was looking for an extended warranty for the motor and electrical of my vehicle. I looked at two companies and America Auto Care was cheaper. I had gotten the drivetrain coverage and the rep did a great job of explaining things to me. If I had a problem, I would take my car in, get it diagnosed, and then submit a claim if it was covered under my warranty. It was a good investment. You never know when you might need the car repaired. Try America Auto Care out.

Hey Quentin,

Warranty is always a good investment! At America Auto Care we believe all vehicle owners should have a warranty. Warranty is not a luxury but a necessity. When future clients call in, we explain in great detail the importance of keeping your second biggest asset protected. Vehicles are notorious for breaking down at exactly the wrong time and we want our customers to be protected when that time comes.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have a new used car and you never know what you're buying for sure so I wanted as much protection as I could. The representative I spoke to was actually a broker and he thought America Auto Care was the right company and I agreed. But since getting the warranty, there was one time that I looked online and it appeared like I had a late charge. I didn’t understand why since I paid on time. I came to find out that it would really be displaying a late charge if you were late. But I wasn’t and the rep that I spoke to was very impatient about my understanding of the way I viewed the website and the way it looked like I might have a late charge. I didn’t like her customer service attitude at all.

On the other hand, the representative that I dealt with when I purchased the warranty was helpful and very friendly. She answered all my questions and while we talked, I went online to make sure everything seemed legitimate and well done. And all the reviews looked good so I felt comfortable enough to purchase the warranty. Right now, the car has 65,000 miles. I have about 80,000 miles with coverage and it's pretty much bumper-to-bumper.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. Our billing partner is Paylink and I want to apologize for any mistreatment you may have received from them. If ever in the future you have any questions regarding your account please contact our wonderful customer service team at 888-497-3572 we would be happy to answer and assist with any billing questions or concerns you may have. Thank you, again. Hope all is well!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I don't want to pay much money to get things fixed on my vehicle. When I was needing to renew my car warranty, America Auto Care gave me an option that I felt was the best for me at the moment. It was within my budget, it would reduce the fee that would have to come out of my pocket to pay for things, and I'd get three oil changes for 55 with that option. I would recommend America Auto Care. They work with you when you don’t have it at the time as they give grace periods. They’re also very decent and it's been great dealing with the representative.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Having a warranty on your vehicle is really valuable. I have two vehicles, a Mercedes and a BMW, and I have maintenance service on both of them. The service that I had before helped me save a good amount of money as far as the maintenance was concerned on one of my cars but I used that service for the last time and I needed to have that car covered again. I bought it about three years ago and I was looking for auto coverage to help with its maintenance. I usually keep my cars for a long time and every car I've ever had, I kept for over 300,000 miles. And I tried to buy nice cars to get good service out of them. If you keep maintenance on a car and don’t drive it like crazy, it'll last, so that is mainly the reason why I expect to drive my car for quite a while.

I got a phone call from America Auto Care and I thought I would try them out. Initially, I got plenty of calls from people trying to sell me a service but I didn’t like the way they sounded in their pitch to sell their service. Compared to them, the rep at America Auto Care didn’t sound like he was just trying to sell me a service. He was telling me what he was offering and it was what I wanted to hear. So, I chose to work with him. I obtained the bumper to bumper and the regular services, and based on my experience with America Auto Care so far, i would recommend them.

Hello James,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a thorough review of your experience with our company! Keeping a warranty on a vehicle is great for so many reasons, one of them being to keep you from having to pay out of pocket when the vehicle breaks down. To extended the life of any vehicle, warranty allows for our customers to have the necessary repairs done when needed without cost to them. We appreciate you as a client. Welcome to our family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was looking for an auto coverage that covers the engine, the transmission and any major electronic equipment. While I was in the process of looking, America Auto Care called me. The rep was nice. He asked me how many miles I drive in a year and he offered me a plan that was fair. $3,000 for 100,000 miles is not bad. It's expensive monthly and I have to pay it until it's fixed, but then for the rest of the year, I don’t have to pay anything. Any type of extended warranty plan is good for anybody that’s driving a car. I would recommend America Auto Care.

Hello Marie,

We agree with you! Any type of extended warranty is good for all vehicle owners. Never are we certain when there will be a failure with a vehicle and when that time comes we want to make sure our clients are protected.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I wanted coverage for my convertible top. I wanted to make sure, if it or my transmission broke, I could get it fixed. The first company I looked at wanted a lump sum, but I didn’t want to pay a lump sum. America Auto Care offered a monthly payment, which I enjoy. Moreover, the plan came with free brake pads. Their rep was very professional and he knew his stuff. I was very comfortable discussing my needs with him. I'm very happy with my coverage and I'd recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I was looking for an extended warranty with good coverage and price for my 2013 GMC Terrain and America Auto Care has both. Their reps who were friendly and nice called me and gave me the price, and it was better than others so I signed up with them. They also had deals such as free oil change for a year, money back and other things that I got with the coverage plan. I just made my first payment and everything seems to be fine.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I filled out online for an extended car rental quote and I didn’t know what the company was until America Auto Care called me. The representative was very friendly. I asked him some questions that he wasn’t even quite sure of the answer and he researched it and let me know that it was fine and covered. The interaction was very good and positive. The warranty was reasonably priced and covered everything that I wanted to have covered. America Auto Care is excellent and I would refer others to them.

Hey Steven,

Thank you for your feedback! Every so often, our agents come across a part or issue that hasn't arose before and we view it as an opportunity to learn. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. If you ever have questions on your policy don't hesitate to call our customer service team at 888-497-3572

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

When I purchased my Chrysler, initially, I took out an extended warranty through Mepco and they were charging too much. I was paying 100 bucks a month for 46 months. America Auto kept calling me and I kept blowing them off, but when I took the time to look at them, they sold me on their product because it's a lot cheaper. It's only $17.50 for 18 months. The reps were also very professional and detailed. My car is high in mileage, so in case the transmission or the engine goes out, I don’t want to spend that large amount of money to fix them. I have experience with extended warranty companies and I used my extended warranty on my other vehicle before, so it's a good thing to have for me.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

America Auto Care was more affordable than their competitors when I was looking for a typical warranty to cover my vehicle. They have helpful representatives and I got what I needed to be done. I’m still within my first 30 days and so far, everything is good.

Hi Susan,

If you have any questions after reviewing your policy, give our customer service team a call and they would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our customer service number is 888-497-3572. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was doing research on the internet and someone contacted me from America Auto Care. Before that, I called CarShield and I had some issues with them from the get-go. But with America AutoCare, things worked out. I like the extended warranty that came with the car for extra security in case major things happen as the vehicle gets older. My daughter drives the car and she's a college student. She works full time as well. So, we need some kind of reliability for peace of mind when she's driving. America Auto Care's reps were willing to work with us price-wise. They also went over everything and they threw in a couple of items like some oil changes and wiper blades with the package. So, we went with them.

Last week, I was calling to find out about the extra items that I was speaking of that they said would be included with the Auto Care package that we purchased and they gave me the answers about that. That was a good thing because sometimes when you call a number, you can't get through or you get a recording. They also called me back when they said they were going to and that was helpful. And with the quality of assurance that they gave me, I felt reassured.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I needed to have maintenance coverage just in case something happens and I did an inquiry online and America Auto Care responded to it. My experience in dealing with their rep was good. I’ve just started last month and after the 8th of September, I could file a claim if I needed it.

Hi David,

Welcome to our family! Most of our customers use their policy within the first three months. When the time comes, if you need any assistance with a claim please call our customer service team at 888-497-3572.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I already had a plan on my car but it was fixing to expire. I wanted another auto coverage for it because I plan on keeping it. I started to do some checking around. I went to the dealership first and they were a little outrageous. I was told by the man that usually takes care of my car up there that it really wasn’t worth doing. So I kept poking around and America Auto Care happened to come up on the internet. The coverage was what I was looking for, the same thing I had before, a $100 deductible and everything is covered. I was happy with it and I went ahead and signed up for it. So far, it's been good. Looking at my account online, it wasn’t adding up in my mind but once I called and the reps explained how this stuff worked, I got no problem. The first rep I talked to was a nice fellow. He sat and explained everything to me and the coverage I have. I'm happy with the warranty so far and I'd recommend America Auto Care.

Hey John,

We are glad to hear we could help you continue in keeping your vehicle protected. Going without warranty puts you at the mercy of dealership prices when it comes time to need repairs. We are happy you are satisfied with your policy. If you ever need assistance with a claim or have general questions, don't hesitate to call our customer service team at 888-497-3572

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I was searching for extended warranties on my husband's brand new Titan and America Auto Care was one of the ones that came up in my search. I was looking for extended mileage beyond the factory, bumper-to-bumper with electronic coverage, and low cost. I called and told them what I wanted. They weren't going to give it to me so I told them I would keep looking and they changed their minds. They gave me a fair deal and so that was the one that I chose. Also, the reps were polite and they answered all my questions.

Hi Terry,

Our agents love hearing positive feedback! With flexible coverage plans and trained agents to help choose the best policy for our clients, it's easy for us to find exactly what they are looking for. Welcome to the family!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I looked into an auto coverage plan just to handle repairs then I read about America Auto Care and it looked like it was a good one. The representative was a pretty nice guy and so I got the plan for my 2015 Buick Enclave. The only thing is that they're a little expensive, but it is what it is.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I looked into an auto coverage plan so I could have an extended warranty for my vehicle. The price and the warranty I got from America Auto Care were real good. Also, the rep was friendly, nice and answered my questions. It was a pleasant and reasonable experience.

Hi Regina,

It sounds like your experience with us was quick and painless! All of our agents are trained to know the ins and outs of policies so they can best assist customers like yourself. Choosing an extended warranty doesn't have to be an overwhelming arduous task and we are here to make sure of it. At America Auto Care, we believe in doing the hard work for our customers.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I obtained full auto coverage extended warranty for my vehicle from America Auto Care. The guy that I dealt with was super nice. He explained it very well and I would recommend him.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My vehicle is 10 years old and I’m trying to keep it as long as possible. I was looking for an extended warranty since I wanted some additional care for it. The interactions that I had with the rep of America Auto Care were fairly brief. He called and we discussed the coverage plan and the fees. He seemed knowledgeable and I decided to go with them. But some details in the contract that I received in the mail after starting with them were not disclosed in the conversation that we had and looking back at some of these details, I might not have gone down that path. After reading through the contract once I received it, now that I've already started paying for the warranty, I could already foresee that there would be a lot of loopholes if something were to go wrong with the vehicle. Going through a claim process with America Auto Care would determine the ease of working with them through the claim.

Hello Jason,

After reviewing your policy, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 888-497-3572. Our customer service team would be happy to read through the policy with you and help clarify any issues you may have with it. As for the claims process, at any time you need to take your car in for a repair, our agents are here to help make the process as smooth as possible. Hope all is well!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I got some work done on my car. Its air conditioning went out and I had that fixed, and the repair cost was $1,400. So, I figured that I needed to get a warranty for my car. If its transmission would go out, I'd be in trouble. I went online and I was told that, as a veteran, I could get a discount on the warranty for my car, so I said I would like to look into it. I was contacted by four warranty companies and I went with the cheapest one. So, ultimately, it was mainly due to the price that I went with America Auto Care.

I was looking for major things to be covered like the engine and the transmission in my auto coverage plan. The rep who helped me was informative. He walked me through everything that would be covered by my warranty and he said this in a way that I could understand. In a couple of years or so, I would need to get another car. This car is going to my son and it’s gas and go with kids in driving cars. I would tell people that getting a warranty from America Auto Care is a good deal, if they compare the price of the warranty to the cost if they have to get their engine replaced.

Hi Ritchie,

Having warranty on your vehicle is a great way to keep it in great condition for when you hand it down to your son. With all of the costs associated with repairs, warranty will have you paying only your deductible. We are glad to welcome you to our family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was looking for something to cover my car in case something happens to it like something for the engine, minor stuff that occur from time to time, breakdown, and wear and tear on the car. I looked at three companies before going with America Auto Care. Some of them are just gonna try to sell me something and America Auto Care didn’t. Their rep wasn’t trying to pressure me into getting a warranty. He let me know about how their company works and the difference between them and everybody else. He worked with me on whatever I needed. I would call him and he was there for me. America Auto Care is a good service to be with and they're reputable. They'll care for you, they're a company with anything that you need to be, and they'll answer all the questions you need about coverage if you're gonna get it with them. They will be like a family to you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have a nice truck and I love it. I take care of it very well and I wanted an insurance company to make sure that it's covered well. Many people have called me, but the gentleman from America Auto Care who called me said he owned a truck same with mine and he loves to keep it up. I told him I was looking for a company that I can go somewhere and do something with and make sure that they'll stand behind it. I got a full coverage from America Auto Care, and I'm happy that they're there to have my back. I'd recommend them because people talked to me very pleasantly and explained everything like the gentleman did on the phone.

Hey Edward,

Here at America Auto care, we will always have your back. Our agents are here to assist you Mon - Fri 9am-6pm EST. If you ever have questions or concerns with your policy don't hesitate to call us at 888-497-3572.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My warranty was out and I couldn't afford to rebuild it myself. So I went with America Auto Care and the coverage is about the same. My only complaint is that they were too pushy. When the representative called me, I told him to let me think about it for a day or two. But he said that I had to do it right then or they wouldn't do it. I did it. But to me, a reputable company would not do that.

Good morning Bill,

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience with our sales agents. Never do we want to come across as too pushy or overly eager but we also have to stress the importance of having a warranty on your vehicle. Vehicles, whether they are new or not, have tendencies to break down unexpectedly and we want to be sure the owner is protected.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I was looking for a coverage plan that would help fix the vehicle in case something major broke on it. I also looked at the prices. There were about eight companies that called and one of them was America Auto Care. When America Auto Care first talked, I couldn’t agree with the prices that they wanted. Then they started asking about the military, and they finally got it down to the price that I could have. So, I decided to go with them. The rep was excellent. America Auto Care is all that I've got and nobody else had it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was looking for an auto warranty covering the major parts of the car because I'm on a fixed income and if my car was to have a breakdown, I couldn’t afford to get it fixed. I can only handle tires, windshield, wipers, and stuff. Their reps explained everything good and answered all of our questions. I'm thinking of changing car and putting the warranty on my other car.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My warranty on my car went out from the 4th and I was looking for a coverage plan for my car to be covered. So I got America Auto Care's warranty. It covers all the basics.

America Auto Care expert review by Lauren Fix

This company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. Offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

• Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.

• Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.

• Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.

• Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.

• Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.

• Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

America Auto Care Company Information