4.45/5
Based on 160 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

226 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

We looked online for different auto care extended warranty companies and came across with America Auto Care along with a couple of other ones. I called each one of them to know what they have to say and had to offer, and America Auto Care was a little bit more than the other ones. Their salesman was a little bit more productive and seemed like he knew more about what he was talking about and sounded a little bit more convincing. It's stronger than the other companies and sounded a little bit more reliable. Then their reps treated me fairly and they had all the answers as far as going over the warranty every time I call. Everything is fine and if anybody needs a warranty, I would tell them specifically about America Auto Care and to give them a call to see what's going on.

Hello Ronnie,

All of our agents here at America Auto Care, are trained and well versed on auto warranty policy. This ensures our customers walk away with not only their car protected but with more knowledge on policy as well. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. Our agents love hearing how they were able to help clients out. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've had America Auto Care for two months now. My manufacture warranty was expiring and I was looking for an auto-coverage plan as close to a factory warranty as I could get. America Auto Care sold the same exact policy. They just sold it for more. The coverage I got was all about the bumper-to-bumper. It won't take care of the headlights or brake pads and windshield of the blade, but it covers all the electrical engine transmission. It's all about the new car warranty. The rep was cordial and informative and answered all my questions that I have. We went over everything very well. It was a good experience dealing with America Auto Care. I've been satisfied with what it took to get my warranty and with all the people I dealt with. I would refer America Auto Care to others.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I'm a sub-contractor and I drive a lot. My warranty was about up in my '15 Ram, so I needed an extended warranty. I'm not forking out any high dollar maintenance bill because I am on the road constantly. My experience with America Auto Care has been great so far and my interactions with their reps have been good. They were polite, knowledgeable and very understanding. I would tell my friend they got to go with America Auto Care and to not let it go. They're nice and understanding. They do what they can to help me out and get the coverage I need.

Jermey,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. Here at America Auto Care we understand the importance of every vehicle owner keeping their car protected. We aim to educate our clients on the importance of having a warranty and to help them select which policy is best for them. Happy to hear from you, take care Jeremy!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I asked my husband if he thought I should get an extended warranty for my car, and he said that it wouldn’t hurt. We had a massive amount of calls, wherein my home phone rang off the hook from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. America Auto Care was the first one I talked to. I called my husband and told him the price and he said that for what America Auto Care was covering, it sounded like a good deal so I went with them. They gave me the quote over the phone then we called with my credit card that they were gonna charge every month. They were very pleasant and informative.

My car normally stays in the garage and I only drive it on weekends. I wanted to have an extended warranty because my car is a 2008 but it’s a limited edition. There are only 500 of them in the world. My husband said that it only had 27,000 miles on it but at some point, due to the age of it, I'm gonna end up having to have some work done and it’s probably gonna be expensive. A warranty would be the best thing for me. I got the platinum plan for my car. Overall, they were exceptionally professional and super friendly at America Auto Care.

Original review: April 16, 2018

When my manufacturer's warranty was expiring I wanted to have coverage if my car broke down and America Auto Care's rep was very knowledgeable and took care of all my concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: April 15, 2018

My pick-up is getting older and I wanted it covered so I got an extended coverage. It's a 2007 and some months there's a problem. I looked into America Auto Care and one other company and America Auto Care covered more so I chose them. I made my second payment yesterday.

Original review: April 8, 2018

America Auto Care called me and they started explaining to me all their services. I have been with them for a few months now. I recently have to use the warranty because I was sending my car for maintenance and it turned out that I had a bad part. The dealer filed the claim for me and I didn't have any issue with the claim. It would have cost a lot more had I not had this plan so it worked out to a huge benefit for me. I would tell a friend to consider America Auto Care because it does cover a lot more than a lot of the warranties.

Hi Marcia,

We are so happy to hear that your warranty covered your vehicle! Any time our clients share with us how their warranty was able to save them money makes us smile. It's a pleasure to have you be part of our family. If you ever have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to call us at 888-497-3572. Have a great day!

Original review: April 7, 2018

America Auto Care's price was the best. It sounded like a good plan and there was reimbursement from rentals. So far, I have received good service. I would tell my friends that they should get America Auto Care because the things that they offer are good.

Hi Louis,

Happy customers make US happy! Welcome to our family! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call us at 888-497-3572. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had been looking for an extended warranty that would cover major stuff under the hood that could go wrong with the vehicle. America Auto Care called me and had been calling me consistently. I would always tell them I’ll call them back but I didn’t. Then one day, I just listened to everything that they had to say. The reps I worked with were friendly. There was a guy that explained and went over everything with me and told me what was the coverage. When it came with the downpayment and I didn’t have the full amount, he could do it in another way where I pay a certain amount and the rest of it could go with my payment.

Original review: April 5, 2018

By having an extended warranty, you get a peace of mind knowing that you’re covered if something goes wrong. The other company we had made us pay $500 down then $300 a month because they were saying the transmission might have leaks and loose gears. My wife panicked and at some point, we got in contact with America Auto Care and told them about the coverage that we had and they said that they can beat it. The representative I spoke with was very nice. We looked at three other warranty companies and after I talked with America Auto Care, I told them to let me wait for my wife until she got home. And then when my wife got here, they called back and talked to both of us.

America Auto Care compromised with us, so finally, we decided to go with them. They gave me some extra information and told me how long they’ve been around and that I could look them up, which my wife was doing while I was talking to them on the phone. They've been awesome. Our 2017 STX Ford is fairly new. And our America Auto Care coverage is exactly what we wanted and needed. I would highly recommend them to friends and family members. And I would tell them to at least talk to America Auto Care before they go with someone else.

Hi Ronald,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience with us. Our agents love hearing how they were able to help out and assist clients in keeping their vehicles protected. We believe good coverage should be affordable to all. If you or your wife ever have questions regarding your policy feel free to call us at 888-497-3572. Hope all is well!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I contacted a number of auto warranty companies and told them that I wanted to see some literature to evaluate. I don’t do anything over the phone. America Auto Care was one of the only ones that sent me a chance to look at theirs. Also, most other places wanted an instant credit card so I declined to discuss anything with them.

I got the warranty period to cover all the basic components that aren’t covered by normal maintenance. Their representatives have been mostly responsive but there were a couple of times when they were a little bit asinine. I had to repair something related to the compressor and the oil pump and then they wanted me to pay for the oil. And I asked them how they were going to check the pump if they don’t include the oil. It was a really silly argument but other than that, it's been generally pretty good. Usually, I take my Jeep to the Jeep dealer and the Jeep dealer works it out with them about the parts covered by the warranty and that’s been successful so far. I would recommend America Auto Care. I had one bad experience with them but we worked it out.

Hello Michael,

We appreciate you taking time to write such an honest and kind review. At America Auto Care, we believe that our future clients should be informed about purchasing a warranty before there is any exchange of money. We want out clients to feel confident in the choices they make when buying coverage for their vehicle. Our team is glad to hear we were able to work out any problems you may have had in your experience with us. We value our clientele and will go the extra mile to rectify any problems that may arise for our clients. We hope you are doing well!

Original review: April 3, 2018

America Auto Care has overall reasonable price and their reps were fast and efficient.

Hey Stephanie,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience purchasing a warranty with our team! Hope all is well.

Original review: April 2, 2018

America Auto Care and another company contacted me but I decided to go with America Auto Care because I liked the way they made me feel warm and fuzzy on the phone. I got a powertrain warranty from them. I would tell my friends to do business with this company.

Hi George,

We love the kind words! We want all of our clients to feel confident and informed with their decision to purchase an extended warranty. We are so happy to hear this was your experience. If you ever have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call our wonderful customer service team at 888-497-3572. Have a great day!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I was looking for extended warranty on my vehicle and wanted peace of mind knowing that as I drive down the highway, I wouldn't have to worry about any major issues happening to my vehicle. I wanted bumper-to-bumper coverage and America Auto Care seemed to hit all the buttons that I was concerned about. The representatives knew what they were talking about, although they were a little pushy. But it was a good value and so I purchased it. I would tell my friends that they are not the cheapest plan out there but they do what they promise.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are glad to hear we could provide you with coverage that would protect your vehicle satisfactorily. Our agents are very knowledgeable and are encouraged to share that knowledge with future clients to help them make an informed decision on the importance of keeping their vehicle protected. We hope you are having a great day !

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was looking for a warranty for my Cadillac to cover everything that needed to be covered. Compared with other companies, America Auto Care was $1,000 cheaper and the young man who helped me get the coverage was so good. The experience getting it was all right and I've had it for 60 days now. America Auto Care got one payment and they tried to get another one but my bank won't release the payment. I had two calls from them and they said the bank has a blockage. But I found out what was going on. Somebody did a fraud last week and the card is blocked so I've got to go in and get a brand-new card.

Hi Gloria,

We appreciate you writing a review. We love being able to help our clients save money when it comes time to buy a warranty. Sorry to hear about your bank card. If you need any help setting up your new card on your account call us at 888-497-3572 and we would be glad to help you. Take care!

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was looking for a mechanical and electrical warranty for my work vehicle and America Auto Care was one of the companies that contacted me. I had checked the policies on the website that I was on and whenever America Auto Care contacted me, I was also able to get a little more information from their representative. I had never purchased an extended warranty before and he was able to explain to me what each policy was and how that covered the vehicle. He was informative and he was also able to break down the pricing for me pretty easily. The warranty covered what I needed for the most part and I’d recommend America Auto Care.

Hey Sam,

We are glad to hear you found everything you were looking for in a warranty with our company! Our agents strive to inform each of our potential clients the ins and outs of a policy so they can make an informed decision. It's good hearing this was your experience. Hope you're doing well!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I looked for an auto coverage plan that would cover everything that was supposed to be covered. I also made sure that the price was something I could afford. America Auto Care gave me a call and their representatives were willing to work with me. I got a premium coverage and everything was covered under it. I'm a new customer and everything seems to be okay so far, and I'm hoping that it will work the same if I have a claim.

Hey Derrick,

Welcome to our family! We are so glad to hear you are satisfied with your policy. If you ever need to file a claim or have any general questions don't hesitate to call our AMAZING customer service team 888-497-3572. Thank you!

Original review: March 27, 2018

My warranty had expired and America Auto Care called me, offering an extended warranty on my vehicle. The reps were very nice and their knowledge for the products was wonderful. Plus I liked what they offered. They even sold me something else that covers brakes and the water pump. Anytime I take my vehicle to the shop, the warranty is going to pay so much towards that visit. I filed one claim and the experience was good. They were shocked at the dealership that AAC offered that deal. Even the girls at Courtesy Cadillac were shocked at what the insurance was paying.

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us! We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services we offer. At America Auto Care we believe a good warranty doesn't have to cost a fortune to keep your car protected. We appreciate your kind words. Hope all is well.

Original review: March 26, 2018

When I was trying to find an insurance company that I could afford for a warranty, I started calling numbers and got America Auto Care. I had always had my car new but I had to get more insurance when the five years were out. The rep I worked with was really good. She listened, told me all about the coverage and everything, including what it would cover. When I was five months into the plan, I got an oil change. They paid up well and it didn't cost me anything. Also, their agents were really nice. America Auto Care does what they say and I'd recommend them.

Hello Charolette,

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoy hearing that we were able to meet the needs of our clients. It's a pleasure having you be a part of our family! Have a GREAT day!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2018

I had a problem and the shop I went to handled the filing of the claim. America Auto Care had a minimum hourly rate and the dealer charged a different rate. America Auto Care didn’t pay the full amount, I paid the difference. I wasn't completely happy with my experience with them.

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our services. Labor rates are based on the average cost of labor in your surrounding area. Unfortunately, it's not an uncommon practice for dealerships to hike up the cost of their labor rates to make more money. If you ever have any concerns with the labor charged by your dealership please contact the administrator of your policy. We would be happy to assist you in that process.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I wanted something to replace what my auto coverage plan had and it was about the same thing. I had a warranty before when I bought a used truck at a dealership. Then, I had four other companies that called me and America Auto Care was in the right place at the right time. They had a pretty low expense-wise and a four-year plan for 48,000 miles auto coverage claim. It was like the other one I had where it was there when we needed it. I had the rear end go out and I filed the claim for it. I had Pep Boys do the work and when I called them, I booked with my warranty card. American Auto Care approved what was done and they paid for it. All the boys did was to replace all the joints in the rear end, where the swing bearings were at. I paid without any question and it was easy to use.

The agents at America Auto Care called me when I purchased the warranty. I went through the procedure, filled it out and they contacted me. I got to read about it as I didn't like doing things over the phone. I just had to be in the market for the right place and I purchased it. I figured that four years is about the time period that I probably going to have to the truck before I get rid of it. I've only had it three. So far, I’ve had a fine experience with America Auto Care. I know they have a limit on how many miles I put on that they’ll cover and I usually run out of time before my own. I'd recommend America Auto Care. They’ve treated me fair and everything has been great.

Hey Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed account of your experience with us! Nothing makes us happier than to know our clients had a wonderful experience using our ease of access warranty cards. Not only are our cards great for filing claims but also great for towing and roadside assistance. America Auto Care appreciates when clients share their positive stories such as yours. It’s a pleasure having you in our family.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I kept getting emails and some mails about my warranty expiring. I called the number and talked to America Auto Care to see if my car would be covered. I've owned the car for a little over a year then all I did was put insurance on it and I didn't worry about the warranty. I'm on a highway and I don't drive around in the city. But I'm out in the rural area suburbs and I needed a car out here. The rep told me about how many people he knew that called out who didn't get the extended warranty, then something happened with their transmission and it cost them a lot of money. So I thought I could pay a little bit money now and save a lot later. I also thought about how much I'm on the road and how much would be added on to my monthly bills if I got the warranty. I wanted to see if it was worth it or not.

I wanted the transmission, the trailings, and the engine to be covered. Their rep explained to me exactly what was covered and I was impressed. All those things that are more likely to go as the car gets more mileage was covered. So when he told me the price, I figured I better jump on it because they were being good and it didn't hurt me as much. Especially with exactly what was covered, I thought it was a good deal. They also gave me all their information and eased my apprehensions about it. My plan covers the rims, the trailings, the transmission, and the engine. I asked them about the interior, like the electrical, and it covers that as well and anything for the car to be operated. The mileage cap was quite a bit which is either two hundred or four hundred something thousand. That set my mind at ease because the car only has 58,000 on there. I'd recommend America Auto Care.

Hello Herman,

We can’t thank you enough for your review. Our agents love the feedback! At America Auto Care all of our agents help present the facts on the importance of having a policy to future clients. We encourage all car owners to protect their assets and an extended warranty does just that. It’s a safety net that protects your finances and keeps you on the road. I’m glad we were able to alleviate any concerns you may have had. Have a great day!

Original review: March 21, 2018

When I asked for an auto insurance call online, America Auto Care was one of the companies that returned the call. The rep I dealt with was fine and the coverage appeared to be what I was looking for.

Hey Russell,

Glad we were able to help! Thank you, Russell. Hope you’re doing well!

Original review: March 20, 2018

When I was looking for a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty, the guy from America Auto Care that I talked to really helped me out and explained to me the whole policies and stuff pretty good so I went ahead and got the coverage with them.

Hi Monica,

We love educating our clients on the ins and outs of extended warranties! So glad you had a pleasant experience. Hope all is well!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I looked up some reviews and America Auto Care had some positive reviews. I looked at about six companies. I wanted to make sure that my vehicle would be covered and it wouldn't be any hassle if it was necessary for me to use the coverage. I got what they call their platinum coverage, which covers mechanical, including powertrain and transmission, all electrical and whatnot.

It was a lot easier to file a claim with them. I take it to the provider who's going to complete the repair and then give them my contact number and the provider will confirm the issue and that's it. It's a very simple process -- very cut and dry. I called twice. The problem that I ever really kind of ran into was the timeline that they had on Saturday. But the people who they had their warranty coverage through was open on Saturdays so I was able to still get it taken care of.

But it was a lot more difficult to get a claim filed on Saturday than it is during the week. They're open on Saturday but the time that they close doesn't always give the repair shop enough time to assess the issue, like if I take my car at 8AM but they're not able to get the assessment started until 11AM and then I call in to start the claim process. They've already closed about like 12 o'clock. So that was probably the only issue I really kind of ran into. But it ended up working out well because I had the phone number to the people who the warranty was through. So I was still able to get it covered. I would tell a friend that they should get it.

Hey Tyrell,

America Auto Care appreciates you choosing us to protect your car! We are so glad to hear your vehicle was able to be fixed and get you back on the road in a timely manner. We love when our clients share their positive experiences! Have a great day!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 18, 2018

I bought this coverage for peace of mind, however, last summer I was stuck in California in 114F degree in the shade in a campground, in a tent, not for days, WEEKS. I'm an older disabled veteran on a fixed income I can't afford hotels for weeks. In my case my transmission went out. The transmission they sent was broken. The second wasn't much better but I needed to get home. Twice Omega messed up and I had to suffer for it and the part that was finally installed, failed, within 7 months!!! So I am curious how they are going to handle this issue, the tranny. I broke down off the freeway on my way home, over 2,500 miles away. American Auto Care assures a lot but the, for lack of a better term, parts department, is a nightmare. I found them nasty and disrespectful. So what you gonna do this time to make this right American Auto Care?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I wanted an extended warranty and I listened to a few companies offering it. America Auto Care called me and I liked what they offered. They gave me a four-year bumper to bumper warranty coverage for everything. It would be paid off in 18 months. And they offered me a few extras along with it through the Omega Account where I got two free oil changes, some windshield wipers and a $150 towards the brake change. I wasn’t sure that my first payment was going to be able to come out of my account, so it was great that the representative reviewed it for me. There are cheaper warranties out there especially if you'd go with the factory warranties with the actual manufacturer, but as far as an underwriter, America did a good job.

Hey Raymond,

Hearing you happy makes us happy! A lot of our policies come with a few extras because we enjoy making our clients comfortable. Brakes, oil changes, and batteries are just a few of the things we offer to clients. Thank you for your kind review!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I had Toco Warranty Service before and those guys were lousy. They lied from the time they opened their mouths until they shut it because I went in to get my stuff fixed, and they ended up costing me more than what it would cost me if I were to take it to the guy I normally take it into. And so I went online, and I called America Auto Care and asked them what exactly they covered. I want all the electronic stuff to be covered and they were very upfront. They also told me they were going to send some kind of booklet with the whole topic in it, but I never got it and it’s been a couple of months since.

Their representative was good though. I told him what I wanted and he went through everything with me with any questions I had. While I haven't filed a claim yet, everything went great. I've been impressed so far and I would tell friends to change from whatever they have and go with America Auto Care, unless they have a normal warranty that covers everything.

Hi Mark,

We appreciate you taking the time to write up a review. We love hearing the feedback from our customers. As for not receiving your policy booklet if you would like to give us a call at 888-497-3572 we would be happy to verify your address and send another copy out to you. Thank you and hope all is well.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The initial warranty on my vehicle was expiring in the next 10,000 miles so it was time to do something. I called America Auto Care and the rep told me how long the coverage was good for, how many miles it was good for and what it covered. I thought it was what I wanted so we made a deal. Nowadays, you don't get anything fixed for a dime and a nickel. It's hundreds or thousands. So in case my engine or the rear end goes out or something catastrophic it would be covered. Give America Auto Care a shot. Listen to what they have to say and if it's what you want, go for it.

Hey David,

Thanks for giving us the positive feedback! You’re correct in saying car repairs are very expensive but they don’t have to be if you have protection. We are happy to hear you are satisfied. Our team enjoys hearing from our clients. We are thrilled to have you in our family!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I just left one warranty assurance company and I was looking for another one. It was a toss-up between America Auto Care and Concorde but I told America Auto Care I couldn’t afford them and they gave me a certain number of discounts that I needed. What they had wasn’t what I wanted because the kind of policy that I had was no longer available but they had a good one and they gave me a reasonable price. It was more than what I have so I told them that I can’t do it and that somebody else has one that was a little bit cheaper.

They asked me some questions and based on those, they found a way to put it within the range that I needed because between them and my insurance, it’s like a whole other car payment and I can’t do that. I also explained I was going to be retiring. And it’s one thing to take on an insurance policy when you know you’ve got a steady income, but it’s quite another to take on an insurance policy when you know that income’s going to be cut in half. They put it at $121 a month, it gets paid off in two years, it’s good for five years or 100,000 miles and it’s got the $100 deductible. They don't cover suspension, but they cover a lot of things. I told them where to send the bill and they sent it to the right place and I paid it.

Hey Cori,

We are pleased to hear you decided to join our family. It's good hearing that we were able to accommodate to your needs in a warranty. Thank you for taking time to write such a kind review. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call our wonderful customer service team at 888-497-3572. Hope all is well

America Auto Care expert review by Lauren Fix

Auto Care specializes in vehicle service contracts (VSC). The company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator, who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. America Auto Care offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

• Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.

• Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.

• Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.

• Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.

• Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.

• Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

America Auto Care Company Information