4.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

419 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 19, 2019

Look. I am the only one working in my house and I am sick with lots of medical bills. I told them that I had to think about buying the warranty, but like others they said if I hung up now I would not be able to call back to and buy this warranty. I felt pushed. Now after I give them my information and card number I was assured by them if I wanted to cancel I could. After checking my financial status I called back to cancel and away we go. One rep after other kept talking to me, saying they were helping me but all I wanted was to cancel.

They kept giving me lower monthly prices. No one wanted to help me cancel. So I said I am going to my bank the next day and talk to someone about stopping payments. See no matter how low they quote the monthly payments, I can’t afford it. Now after reading this one lady experience I am going to call them again before going to the bank and demand my paperwork for cancellation, because I still have a few days before my thirty 30 days is up. Thank you Joya.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It hasn't been long that I've had the America Auto Care warranty. It has been about four months and it's in effect now. I had some problem before but it wasn’t time for my policy to take effect then. But as long as it does what I’ve been told, it’s gonna be great. They’ve also always been real pleasant, helpful and nice any time that I’ve had any reason to speak to them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I'm satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care. Their rep was very pushy when she called me, but the price seemed reasonable and she told me all the great benefits.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I found America Auto care online and got full coverage through them. Their reps were friendly and professional.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The sales rep told me if I hung up without a purchase that I could not call back later and buy a warranty through them. I felt rushed into buying on the spot so I asked a ton of questions and she repeatedly told me that certain things were covered and I could just call and cancel within 30 days and get a refund if I decided not to do it later. I was very specific in my questioning. When I got the paperwork a week later there were limits all over the place on things she assured me I would have fully covered. I was agitated so I called to cancel. Then the nightmare started. They said my refund would take 3 days and I would be contacted by someone who would help get it done.

Days passed and all I got were calls from other reps trying to resell me the contract. I became proactive and began calling daily, trying to get my refund. Always getting a response saying that someone would contact me that day. Then I got lucky and one rep mentioned paperwork... Ummm the first sales rep said just call and NO one had ever mentioned cancelation paperwork before. Turns out they had a form they needed to be filled out and never bothered mentioning it to me, stringing me along towards the end of my 30 day cancelation period. They have repeatedly been vague and unhelpful (aside from that one rep) and aside from the first call have felt like a scam the entire time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: April 10, 2019

I wanted my car covered because it’s an older car and so that I wouldn’t have big expenses coming out of my pocket if something happens. I liked what America Auto Care was offering me. I got the top coverage from them and it was a fantastic experience with their reps. They were knowledgeable about what the company was offering and also seeing if it was gonna meet my needs.

Original review: March 29, 2019

America Auto Care's coverage is in my newer car. I was concerned about my other car getting up there in age, and I was hoping to cover some of the stuff that’s gonna cost phenomenally. I love the rep. He was very personable. He helped me out with explaining the whole process of what I'm gonna get, my deductible and all that good stuff. He was upfront. It was good service. I have full coverage - every rotating part, every electrical part, all of it. I haven't tried it out 100% since I haven't filed a claim, but I have the business card to call the company. The mechanics call the hotline so they can take the $100 deductible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I got five years of coverage with America Auto Care after I paid for 18 months. The rep initially called and mentioned that they had tried to reach out to me through U.S. mail, but I never got anything from them. I was kinda hesitant to even go through it. The offer was only available at that time and then if I said no, it would go away. I was feeling pressured. They could have sent out whatever they said they did again and then reaching out again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was looking for everything to be covered in my car and the process of signing up with America Auto Care was fine. The representatives that I spoke to provided good service. They did their job and they were very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan in case something would go wrong and I realized I needed the kind of coverage that America Auto Care had. Their rep was a really professional guy. He gave me his number and told me that he was gonna be the guy to count on if I would have any problems. Hopefully, if I do make a claim, they will expediently cover and help me get my vehicle back on the road. I would recommend America Auto Care. But, I'm getting a lot of phone calls from likely-scam numbers about coverage from other people. I wasn’t getting those calls before I got them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

America Auto Care called me. I got 125,000 miles coverage on the vehicle which was exactly what I was looking for. Plus, I got a couple of oil changes for free which was the best part. The purchasing experience with America Auto Care was good. The rep was convincing and very friendly. He made sure that he explained everything in detail. I'm satisfied with the experience and I would tell others to go with them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My car’s original manufacturer warranty expired and purchasing an auto warranty coverage from America Auto Care seemed the right thing to do. It seemed convenient and I liked the deal that they were talking about. They covered everything and what I’m paying for is exactly what I want and needed. My experience with them was good. I’m satisfied with my coverage and I feel secure, safe and happy.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

America Auto Care called and I needed it at that time. I was looking for an extended contract to get some repairs on my car that would make the load a little less on me. Signing up with them was okay but I didn’t feel like I was fully explained exactly what goes on while you are in the coverage. I had an issue and my car has been in the shop since Thursday. I had to wait all weekend to get approved or not approved for an axle that should be covered on my plan, but they are telling me that it was not covered because it seemed like a pre-existing issue.

I have the Enhanced Powertrain Coverage so all of that should have been covered. When they called my mechanic, he told them that the axle is connected to the ball joint and he said that it makes no sense to totally replace with a brand-new axle and leave the same old ball joint on there. He was trying to replace all of it, but they wouldn’t do it. It was not even expensive and he was only gonna charge them $350 for all of it. I've been talking to America Auto Care and Omega group all morning and I've gotten nowhere. I just wanted to end the process and I don’t wanna deal with them anymore. I've only had it for a little over 30 days and I haven't used it. Now, I have to go through a whole different long process to get a refund and close my account, and it is still up in the air.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

When I bought my new vehicle, I wasn't looking for a coverage plan but I knew I needed it when America Auto Care called me. I had a good interaction with their rep and he went over everything that I needed to know. But another warranty company called me and offered a whole additional year and less monthly payment. I called America Auto Care back, to see if they could match it or I'll be switching. I was told by the rep to give him 24 hours. He would talk to their upper management about what was going on and he would have somebody to call me back. But that was on a Wednesday last week, and they haven't given me a call back on that yet.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Steve, the person I talked to, said that America Auto Care would cover not just lubricant parts, like my tranny. I even get a free rental car. Also, it only has a $100 deductible, which is nice. Steve was very professional, too. It has been 30 days since I have purchased the warranty, and what I just found out is that it wasn’t even active right now.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

There were several auto coverage companies that called me but I liked the plan that America Auto Care had. They covered most of my major repair and it was only a $100 deductible. Their reps also really went the extra mile to make sure that everything fit my schedule and my budget.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

America Auto Care responded to a request that I made. I wanted my coverage to be up to 100,000 miles and cover everything. They were half the price of what a dealer quoted me and I had a fine rep.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I wanted to have coverage to have something available so that when something breaks down, I’m protected and I don’t have to put out a lot of money. I had another company but America Auto Care had a lot more things. Their reps were really nice too. But I am yet to receive the booklet on my coverage. The rep said that should be within so many working days. It should probably be sent out this week.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

What I got for the coverage plan from Auto America Care was what I was specifically looking for. It covers everything except the normal maintenance wear and tear items. The representatives were pretty efficient. They explained it to us and everything, and so we decided to go with them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

CarShield had offered me something, but it was a bit expensive than America Auto Care. America Auto Care was giving me the same coverage with everything under the hood, and was also giving me something extra like oil change and batteries so I went with them instead. The car is reputed for electrical issues, which I’m seeing here and there. The radio turns off and then comes back on. Also, my lights keep going off. One would go off and then I change it, and the other one would go off too. I’m gonna call America Auto Care about these and see if they can fix it.

The rep at America Auto Care was very courteous and professional. I educate myself on a lot of things so that when people talk to me, I would have an idea of what they’re talking about. And if somebody could convince me, then they are very knowledgeable which he was with regard to the product. He also mentioned that if the price that he offered me was too high, I could call back and have an adjustment so that they could put it at a lower price to meet my budget. I thought that was thoughtful of them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

America Auto Care called and I like the package that they were offering me. The rep was well-informed and he answered all my questions, and he was very thorough. He told me exactly what came with the package, and he explained everything to me. I feel more comfortable having this extended coverage. In case something was to happen, I would be fully covered.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I wanted as much coverage as possible without paying an arm and a leg. I looked at about four auto coverage companies but America Auto Care was able to stay within my budget and the benefits sounded better than what the other companies offered. Also, their rep was professional, sincere and honest. He was able to work out some things for me. I got the $100 deductible plan but it's bumper-to-bumper. It covers just about everything, electronics, engine.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The representative of America Auto Care seemed very nice when I spoke with her and she seemed to be very informative of what to expect, so I decided to use their services. So far, my experience with them has been good. The main thing that I was searching for and always preferred was good customer service. I had a warranty company before and their customer service wasn't that great, so I canceled with them. On the other hand, America Auto Care has been holding up to my standards for customer service and I am very satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was looking for the major components to be covered in my auto coverage plan and I investigated approximately three auto coverage companies before going with America Auto Care. I liked their coverage. The representative at America Auto Care answered all my questions and our interaction went fine. I had no issues at all.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I bought a 2015 Chevy and the dealer sold me the extended warranty. I thought it was expensive and my friend started telling me that I can find my insurance somewhere else. I checked out Facebook and searched America Auto Care, and I called them. The rep was really nice. He talked to me and everything was really straight and good. I got the most expensive in the car covered, the transmission motor, although I would like to have something better in the future just in case I use it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had gotten screwed by an extended warranty company and was looking for somebody to replace them. Everything was good with the process of working with America Auto Care. Plus, everything was nice working with their representatives.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My vehicle has transmission problems. I wanted a good and solid coverage plan. America Auto Care has good pricing and has a 100,000 miles coverage. The representative that I spoke with was pretty good, too. He actually gave me his number if I had any problems.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My truck was getting to 100,000 miles and that's what the factory warranty is for so I was looking to get another coverage. I called America Auto Care and the one who answered was very cooperative. He really explained how it works because I didn't have any idea and then I got full coverage with America Auto Care for my truck.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I wanted my auto coverage plan to cover the expenses when things go wrong with the car. I read something about America Auto Care's coverage and decided to go with them and their reps were nice and very informative. They were able to help me find what I was looking for.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I wanted full, front to rear coverage for my vehicle and got America Auto Care, which is supposed to cover just about everything. The interaction with the rep felt like a rush job though. They didn't give me all the minor details and that you had to have a certain mileage before you were insured. They also said I had to get it that day. After I got the insurance, I talked to a lady and she told me about the details that I wasn’t told initially. I thought about canceling it, but I just kept it since I needed it.

America Auto Care expert review by Lauren Fix

This company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. Offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

• Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.

• Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.

• Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.

• Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.

• Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.

• Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

America Auto Care Company Information