4.30/5
  • 1 star
Based on 129 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an auto warranty provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

143 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

America Auto Care reps were courteous and answered my questions. I got an extended coverage plan for my car and I'm very satisfied with the experience so far.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was looking for some coverage for my vehicle, and America Auto Care seemed to be more reasonable than the others. I signed up to get the auto coverage plan when they called me, and it was easy. The sales associate, who was the only person that I’ve dealt with, was very nice.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was looking for some extra auto coverage to add to my vehicle so it can be right off the price. There were two other companies I looked into but the salesperson from America Auto Care came up with good offers and broke down the specific plan for me. My auto coverage basically covers everything. For the first year it covered brakes and something else that other companies wouldn't cover. My experience with America Auto Care has been perfect thus far.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I’ve got a 2008 Acadian which doesn’t have a lot of miles on it and I know a lot of people who've had a lot of problems with their car. I talked to America Auto Care to sign up and they were pretty knowledgeable. They sent me a whole pamphlet and something to carry in my car in case I need to use them. The routine type stuff won’t be covered but the more expensive things are. I had a pretty good experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Someone called me from America Auto Care and signing up with them was fast. Their reps pretty much covered all in their explanation. It's all good so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The fellow from America Auto Care was fairly nice and polite. At the time, I told him that my automobile didn’t have 60,000 miles on it. First, he said he would give me a 50,000-mile warranty, but I told him that the automobile was serviced because I do it myself. I change the oil every 3,500 miles. So he went to check on something and gave me 100,000-mile warranty, which was closer to what I was thinking. Then he kicked in about towing, that if I get held up on the road somewhere, I would get a free night stay if it took three days to fix it.

After I received the policy and read through the booklet, I had some questions so I called them back and spoke to a lady as the fellow I wanted to talk to was out for lunch. She answered my questions and told me that I might have overlooked through the pages of the policy. And she told me what pages in the booklet it was on. America Auto Care wanted me to go through PayPal to make sure they get their money. PayPal started rolling in but they never mentioned anything about that. It ticks me off. They said they would bill me and should be paid by the 14th or 15th of the month, but they didn't mention about PayPal. I go by what somebody tells me, and they should not just sling something at somebody later in the process.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My husband was looking for an extended coverage on our Mercedes Benz car, so we purchased the policy and took it. However, he is not happy with America Auto Care. We submitted a claim and they came back to us and said it's not covered because there was a notification about some possibility of a problem. The dealership had a representative who talked directly to the claim agent. The money we spent was not justified. It covers all the stuff but then you got to read the fine, fine prints. We had to pay to get the car fixed. They didn't live up to the hype that we thought they were going to. The salesperson tells you that it will cover this and that. It wasn't what we thought we were getting.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I inherited the car that I have from my parents who had passed away and for the last two years, I'd been receiving phone calls or letters about extended warranty things. I feel that the warranty program is a waste of money but I know a couple of my friends who got and used an auto warranty. I’m a mechanic by trade and there are a couple of repairs like the transmission that could give me problems and the warranty could just cover the cost so I took the chance on America Auto Care. The rep was good enough to convince me to go ahead and take the plunge and everything went fine. The warranty is pricey but as long as I get the results that were expressed to me then I’d be probably happy and I could get my money back.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I wanted to cover my truck completely and America Auto Care gave me better rates. I got the premium package from them. The reps were very courteous, easy to talk to, and explained a lot of stuff to me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was receiving five telemarketing a day for an extended warranty that I got worn down and answered the 40th person. A specialist from America Auto Care talked to me about their extended warranty and they've been taking out $200 a month from me for it. I’ve had my car since ’14 and it didn’t have the 100,000 miles on it until three weeks after I’ve had America Auto Care. All I’ve ever done to the car is change the tires, change the oil and put a battery in. Since I’m a senior citizen, I’m going to drive the car for a while. I haven't had to use them and I hope I would never do, although something could go down after a long time. It was a God thing that I was beaten when the guy from America Auto Care called that time and going with them cut down on other phone calls from everybody else. Also, everybody at America Auto Care has been nice and gracious.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was looking for an auto plan that could cover certain major components on the car like the ignition and the basics that get you to survive in normal economics. I went through different companies and America Auto Care covers more items in the car like the transmission and different things. It also has more coverage than an average vehicle warranty does and it goes on better mileage. The reps at America Auto Care were very nice, considerate and they explained everything to detail. I haven’t used the service yet but I hope they’re very dependable and reliable.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I needed an extended warranty because my warranty was running out. I was looking for the powertrain warranty that would cover all the electrical go system, engine, transmission, and air condition. This was what I wanted because I wanted an old vehicle covered. At that time, when I talked with the guy, it sounded reasonable and a good deal. It was a pleasant interview. The rep named all of that is covered and I know the air conditioning was one of them. It took a while to get a hard copy so I read down the list on the phone. It called out a lot of stuff so I thought I was covered. Then the air conditioner motor went out. I went to get it fixed and they denied the claims. They said that my extended warranty doesn't cover the air conditioning and it had to come out of pocket. They should make sure we're all the way clear of what we are actually paying for. It was misleading and although I'm not totally dissatisfied, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was looking for coverage beyond my guarantee and I got a telephone call from America Auto Care. I've been with them for about 4 months now and they're taking the money out of my checking account but they don't keep in touch with me as often as they should.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My wife and I have been married for four years and we've had a new car every year because they keep breaking down. America Auto Care reps called me everyday and were very persistent. I ignored their phone calls because I didn't recognize the number but when I answered one call and talked with them for a little bit, they told me that they could extend my car's warranty. They told me who they were so I did a quick research about them and they have an active webpage. I told them that I won't be able to pay the price they were quoting so they lowered their price in three separate occasions in order to accommodate me. Then they're supposed to send me a welcome package but now, I don't know if I actually have coverage with them because they sent me an email saying my payment failed and it seems I wasn't covered anymore. I also want them to reimburse me the cost of my transmission. That's frustrating and I haven't heard anything from them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I got a letter in the mail from America Auto Care when I bought my pick up. I called and talked to them on the phone, and then they had me sign up. The representative I dealt with was good, and he explained everything to me. It was a nice conversation! I pay $140 a month for a full coverage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I liked the customer service that I got when I talked to the rep of America Auto Care. I was asking a lot of questions and he gave me a lot of good answers. He told me to compare this and that, so that was pretty good for me. They also seemed to have better deals than other companies. I also liked the free oil change and the couple other maintenance things that they have along with the deal. I’d recommend them. They’re professional, courteous and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was looking for a warranty in case something happened to my car. I had a warranty before and I wanted to continue having one. Then I called America Auto Care. It's been 4-5 months since and I kept checking to see if I was still insured with them. They finally sent me the package deal. I asked them if I would get the money in return if I purchase another vehicle, and they said yes. I had difficulty in the beginning but then they satisfied exactly what I was wanting.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

This is the first car I’ve ever owned. America Auto Care called me and I went with whatever they offered me because I wasn’t aware that there were different types of coverage. But the reps were courteous and they were able to explain what they were selling.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

America Auto Care's reps were very helpful, thoughtful and thorough. If anything happens, I could have my vehicle covered without me having to pay out of pocket thousands of dollars. Everything is good.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I went with America Auto Care to cover my extended warranty. I looked at a couple of others that were out there, but America Auto Care had monthly payments that were a few dollars cheaper than the others. The rep gave me a price and we discussed it a little bit. The price was knocked down some and I accepted what was offered. She read me something on the phone and told me I'd be getting something in the mail, but I haven't gotten it yet. I’d like to get a copy of my coverage and the statements on monthly payments.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was looking for an auto coverage plan that went more than 24,000 miles and wasn’t so expensive. I got 36,000 miles with America Auto Care. Moreover, the reps were definitely good and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My mom gave me some extra insurance options right after my car’s engine exploded so that if something like that will happen again, I wouldn’t have to take out four more loans. I called Capital and they entered me in a bunch of different ones and assigned me to America Auto Care because I got the best deal. The auto warranty will take care of electrical issues. Their rep, Mason, was super sweet and he took care of what I needed. And he gave me his personal extension so that if I had any other problems, I could call him back and he would take care of my issue.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I wanted to carry on the coverage that I had when I bought my truck new. America Auto Care's rep told me that it would be changed over to another name. I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

The guy that I talked to at America Auto Care through a phone call was sensible and reasonable, and I got bumper to bumper auto coverage. They’re very good overall.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

America Auto Care sent me a letter in the mail and they extended my warranty. When I went by. their rep told me they covered a bunch of stuff. It sounded good to me, so I got the one that covers the motor and all the sensors. So far, it's been good and I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I needed an insurance to take care of my motor and transmission. America Auto Care gave the senior discount and the other warranty companies were much higher in payment arrangement-wise. I ended up getting the full coverage including the rental service and roadside assistance. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

America Auto Care had the best price. Their reps were friendly and I’ve already filed one claim with them. Overall, I am very well pleased with them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I was looking for the best plan moneywise and I got the biggest package from America Auto Care. Their representative was thorough and he explained everything to me. I’ve filed a claim for the alternator and it was a very easy process. I took it to the repair shop, AAC called me and they went ahead and approved everything. They were very friendly and detailed. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was looking for something to help pay for the expenses if anything major would go wrong and there was an ad on the computer about America Auto Care. I got a few calls from other companies afterwards but I didn’t bother, they’re the only one I looked at. They're supposed to cover everything, including the transmission and engine. The dealing was all right and it was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I needed a warranty and America Auto Care called me. The guy who sold me the warranty sounded like a winner. I hope the plan I got fixes everything when the need arises. So far, it's been good.

America Auto Care Company Information