Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I'm retired and I found that America Auto Care was right in my paying range. My coverage is cheaper than the people that I have talked to about auto coverage. They're efficient and I had no trouble with my car yet. Overall, it's an excellent with America Auto Care.

We bought the auto coverage for my daughter since our warranty on it was fixing to run out and we just knew we needed it, especially with a young person. We wanted a big coverage so that's when I started looking into it and decided to go with America Auto Care. They called me and went through everything. We discussed what the coverage was and the price. Then, we decided to go ahead and get it. The coverage was real close to what we had on when we bought the car. So far so good. They're really good people to deal with. We're totally pleased with it right now. We're lucky that we really hadn't had to use it but it's still a peace of mind knowing we do have the coverage if we need it.

I was looking to extend the warranty that I had. Someone began to call me but I kept turning him down. Then I started thinking it would cost a lot if something were to happen to the car. It was my only source to get around and was just sitting there because I couldn't get that money. I called America Auto Care and decided to go with them. They were detailed about what the coverage was and why there was a waiting period. We spoke about the premium as well.

An America Auto Care agent called me about my warranty which had just ran out on my car. He was very helpful and got my payment plan down to where I could handle it. He wouldn't let me go until I agreed on something but he was just concerned and not being pushy.

My husband chose America Auto Care and it's going into our second year now. So far, we paid the premium but anything that could be a little less expensive will help and hope they let us know anytime they’re having discounts. Other than that, everything is going normally and I'll recommend them.

I had America Auto Care coverage when I first got my Jeep. The warranty ran out then they called me. It pays for labor if something happens in the motor but the pricing is a little bit high but they were able to work on a payment plan. It was a middle of the road type coverage and it's beneficial right now. My husband's Jeep is a 2004 so he's got a lot of miles on it and we need one good vehicle.

I was looking for engine coverage because those are the most costly repair and I looked into Auto Shield but chose America Auto Care for the price that made more sense to me. One time, they have the address wrong and they had sent the paperwork to the policyholder. But I got that situated and they were very helpful with that. Also, the rep I worked with was professional and courteous. They took the time to assist me in anything that I needed and the questions that I have for them was answered. I kept the paperwork and the policy. I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

I have so many miles on my car and my warranty was gone. I also needed something to cover repairs in case I had any. America Auto Care had more coverage than the other providers and I got their Powertrain Choice coverage. However, I need them to send me something telling me what is covered and what isn’t because I have no idea. There are things on my car that I need to have fixed and I don't know if they cover it or not. The other day, the car dealer filed a claim for my air conditioning and they were very courteous. Also, I have to have a new catalytic converter and the car dealer asked if they would cover that as well. American Auto Care was fast in covering the air conditioner so that part was good. I was surprised about that because usually insurance companies take forever and a day. However, the catalytic converter was not covered. But my experience with them was good because at least they covered something.

My pickup was out of warranty and I needed coverage on it. America Auto Car called me and their rep told me what they had available and I made the decision to go with it. The rep was professional and courteous. He answered all my questions too.

My old plan was about to run out because of the mileage and I was looking into auto coverage plans that I could pull back on. America Auto Care was the only one that called me and offered me anything. I was interested at that particular time so, I accepted it. Their reps were very good and pleasant. Corey was very knowledgeable and explained the coverage very well. He’d call me back and see how things were. I’m very pleased with that. Also, the coverage compares pretty well with the previous warranty that I had on my car and that’s what I was I expecting. The experiences I’ve had with them so far have been very pleasant.

I was looking for help with the cost of maintaining the car. I bought a Ford SYNC, and I go out of town once a month. So, I'm driving. I don't want to be out of town and then my car breaks down and I can't get it fixed. If it's wrong then correct it. America Auto Care kept calling my phone. It did sound good and worth it with them. At 150,000 miles, something is going to break. I got the premium plan so anything electrical and under the engine are covered.

My first encounter with the representative was not a good one. I called in and they told me to get my car to the mechanic and they would take it from there. They told me it was a hood bearing and they fixed it. I got my car out the shop. And the same engine light and ABS brake system light were coming on. They hadn't done anything and I was upset. When I called the service company, they told me that there was a mix-up and they couldn't go along with the claims because one number in my VIN number was off. They didn't say anything about the VIN number when they were taking my money every month for the past four months. So, when it's time for my car to get fixed, then they want to say it was the problem because of the VIN number. But they straightened it out. They fixed my car and it was wonderful. So, that was a blessing.

The price is a fair deal. It's affordable because I work three jobs. I'm a young granddaddy and I have to keep the kids happy. The price is cool with me at $100 a month which is not bad for 32 months. Especially the half prices of these auto parts. I don't like to go to any mechanic because you have a type of warranty or guarantee. So, I just go to the dealership and when I saw this deal, I checked on it because it's beneficial. It was a lovely and beautiful experience with America Auto Care. I've already recommended it to two of my friends and they were thinking about getting it.

I saw America Auto Care via a brochure I got in the mail. I was looking for an auto coverage plan in case something does happen to my car, which I don't anticipate. Then, I'll hopefully have some extra coverage.

Resolution In Progress

America Auto Care

Thank you for the feedback and the opportunity to talk with you today to resolve your issue. It is our goal to make sure all customers are satisfied and we will be happy to assist you no matter what you decide. Thanks again.

Original review: June 16, 2017

America Auto Care called me and they said they would warranty everything. They covered the whole auto repair. The sales rep was good but when I tried cancelling it, they're very persistent and insistent in me keeping it. I told them that I couldn't afford it but they wouldn't take no for an answer which I didn't like. They should allow me to cancel it right there and then and not have someone call me. They shouldn't try to make me change my mind. I'm on a fixed income and America Auto was withdrawing from my credit card that I had almost zero balance. I decided since this was free and clear, to put it on there, not comprehending that every month it was going to be withdrawing $154 from my account. That bill went from less than $2000 balance amount to close to $3000.

When I signed up, my car was good and not really needing coverage. But now that I don't have money, the warranty is kind of being a waste. I have to pay back over a $1000 that I didn’t have when I have no trouble with my vehicle. I got suckered into it. They have poor customer service too. They should understand when someone can't afford something and want to cancel it. They should not argue with you about it. They said, “I would really hate if something happens to the car and you.” I told them not to worry about it since it was my problem, not theirs and it's none of their business if it breaks down or not. They worry about it because I’m going to have a big bill. And I told them that I already have one and nothing has happened.

I needed coverage on my car because the other one has gone out. America Auto Care found my information through my mail and they called me. They are a lot different than my previous coverage and so far, my experience with them has been all right.

I was looking for an extended warranty and America Auto Care was the first one to call me. I got full coverage from them, so whatever happens with the transmission, engine, air conditioning, electrical and cosmetic, it is all covered. I'm hoping they're gonna be there whenever I need them.

America Auto Care's reps were friendly and knowledgeable. I was looking for general coverage to cover parts in an auto plan and I went with America Auto Care because of the rates. All in all, they were very good.

I wanted something to cover my vehicle in case I had some breakdowns and my repairs would be extremely high. America Auto Care had a $100 deductible and that was one of the reasons I went with them. They offered a little bit more than I wanted, but they didn’t offer quite as much as I thought they initially did under the warranty part. I had one claim that they didn't cover. I called them and the first rep I spoke to wasn't knowledgeable enough. I had to get a second person who told me they didn't cover it. I looked at a few auto coverage companies and I ended up doing two different warranties to cover for what I wanted.

I was about to pay out my car and to be covered I thought America Auto Care would be a good choice at the moment. At the time, I thought that I could afford to have the actual coverage being that most insurance doesn't cover anything aside from an accident. Being that I was done with my monthly payment on the car, I could take off that actual coverage.

I was hoping my car is covered because I was making the monthly payment of $150. Then, I told America Auto Care that I needed to take the car to the mechanic and once it was there, they told me that I needed to drive. There's a certain amount of miles that needs to be covered and then there's a deductible of $100. But it hasn't been the same follow-up ever since I started with the membership and I haven't been paying my monthly payment which has to do with my card. The first couple of months, AAC started taking my money and all was good. Then, as soon as I reported that I needed to take the car to the mechanic, I haven't heard from them. I took it as they didn't want my business anymore. But the car still runs fine, it's paid for and everything is up to date.

It was a GMC Acadia that we were covering and we were looking for an extended warranty because the original warranty that we had gotten from General Motors had expired. I was contacted by one of America Auto Care's agents and what they were offering seemed to be a good deal so, I was good with that. The price is a little bit high and the coverage is not as good as General Motors, but they were giving us an extended warranty that General Motors would not offer. If it would have been on the new vehicles, General Motors had a better coverage. But past 100,000 miles, General Motors were not willing to offer an extended warranty. Everything was good with America Auto Care. They were very friendly, courteous and they seemed very knowledgeable with the questions I had.

American Auto Care offered what I was looking for when it came to coverage and price range. I got the extended warranty to make sure that I had my vehicle covered and to cover the basic maintenance bill when it comes along. My claims have gone well too. I got the things that I needed to be repaired and it went fairly quickly so it was a good experience.

I was assistant director for many years on my own dealership so I'm very familiar with extended warranties. I looked at the program that was offered to me by America Auto Care, the prices and what they covered and I made the decision to go with them. They're very cooperative and professional. However, I got the visor right in front of me with my claim card in it and I wanted to correct certain things like spellings. But apart from that, I have recommended America Auto Care to several people.

Factual basis uncertain

I have an auto warranty on my car from America Auto Care, but It was kind of difficult having them cover the repair for my car because I didn't get everything that my car was supposed to be covered for. When I purchased the auto insurance from them, they said the warranty covers bumper to bumper on everything. But when I took my car in to the shop to get a repair, most of the expensive stuff were the ones that were not covered. I was really dissatisfied when they didn't cover what they said they were going to cover.

America Auto Care called me and I got an extended warranty on the vehicle. The reps were okay and I had no problem. Overall, my experience with America Auto Care has been professional.

Kia gave America Auto Care to me when I bought my first car. I got the cheapest coverage and with the quality of the service, the cost is really good, but I haven’t used them yet.

The factory warranty for my wife’s van was running out and I wanted to keep the warranty on it. I called America Auto Care and got the extended warranty which was up to 100,000 miles. It covered everything, bumper-to-bumper with $100 deductible.

I got a phone call from America Auto Care that my warranty was about up. I wanted an auto coverage just to cover because I didn't have a lot of mileage on my truck and I don't put a lot out a year. I wanted to figure if something was gonna go wrong, it'd probably go wrong now. So, I got electrical coverage and the rep I talked to was really, really nice.

The only downside I had is when my rear camera has broken off my truck. I didn't have my card so I called and they sent me a new card and a policy. But when I took it in to get it fixed, it took a day and a half to get approved, which really surprised me because I was already told that was approved. They said they had so much paperwork with the dealership to fill up back-to-back and it took a day for somebody to take a look at it and say that they can fix it. When I talked to the rep who sent me my card, he said that it's covered under my policy. I told him that I had already taken it in and it wasn't an add-on since it was something from the factory and my camera went bad on it.

Also, I didn't realize that I had a $100 deductible, which was fine, but I just thought everything was covered. I had to go in advance and order a camera because they had it backordered then I took it in when they got it. Then they had a paperwork at the dealership that they had to fax in and when I went to pick it up, it wasn't clear whether they were gonna cover it or not. I was called back that afternoon to be told I had to pay the $100 deductible.

I asked my dealership about America Auto Care and they said they never dealt with them before. It was a little concerning to me and I'd definitely cancel. I haven't had any problems with my SUV and don't really expect to but I could never be overinsured. I was looking just to cover everything as far as basic wear and tear that I would have to pay for myself, including if electronics went out or any of the column, the lifters, motor or transmission. I have had several other companies call me and ask me, and I said, "Well, I've already got auto protection." My dealership told me that my warranty didn't start until the 18th but I guess that also diminished because of what they covered really wouldn't cover the entire cost like AAC said they would.

I was kind of confused reading the policy because it sounded like I had to pay the initial fee and get the reimbursement and I need to call their service and find out about that. AAC made it sound so good that I would be with total peace of mind and they'll take care of everything should something happen. So far any interactions I had with their representatives were so good.

At the time I didn't know that I had a warranty on my vehicle up until 60,000 miles so I ended at 30. When they got me out of policy taking me up to a 100, I needed a plan to cover the whole vehicle. I chose America Auto Care because the price was reasonable. It's supposed to be covering my main engine and the transmission, the high price parts of the vehicle but some of it is questionable because of the way I maintain the vehicle. I'm trying to figure who to file the claim if I had one because I have a total of three policies right now. That's my problem.

The rep was very polite and he explained the policy. When they call, they're not pushy and that's what I like. They also didn't put another company down. They were just honest with me and told me what they could offer. That was it, it was my choice. They didn't say, "Well, you need to pick us." I will recommend America Auto Care to a friend.

I had no coverage on my car and my fiancée chose America Auto Care for me. In case something happens to my engine or something breaks down, I can get it fixed. I got the platinum and it covered everything.

America Auto Care's reps were friendly and I didn’t feel pressured. They gave me the information and then I went around looking at prices but kept their number and called them back two months later and said that I was interested. I was looking for an auto coverage plan that would help take care of the small stuff like the belts and distributors that cost an awful lot of money that I could have a warranty for and have it replaced at the same time. The amount I'm paying is $194.44 and it will cover everything in the engine but not the brakes, oil changes and fluid changes.

I was very shocked when they took out the payment on the 26th of August because the first payment wasn't until September and I ended up calling the 800 number back and saying that it was supposed to be in September. Then the customer representative said, "Uh-oh. It's down here to start in September. We goofed. I will pay up to September and October so you won't have to pay your bill until at least November since it's my mistake.”

My existing warranty on the truck that I purchased was expiring and America Auto Care was in the market of extended warranties. They called and the price sounded right so I made a quick decision to avail of their services. I got their full-coverage, bumper-to-bumper. Their reps were very helpful but the only thing I wish that I had received was a copy of the policy and what exactly is covered. I got it all over the phone from the rep, but I never received anything. So far, I've been with them for five months, have been making my monthly payments and am hoping that I won't need to use them.

Factual basis uncertain

I needed a new warranty. I got a call from America Auto Care, which I thought was GM, and I signed up for a full coverage. Only after that that I knew they weren't GM. My air conditioning went out and I was really upset because they didn't cover $500 of it but when I signed up, they said I was covered from bumper to bumper. They're saying it's what I signed up for, they don't do rubber hoses, they don't do this and that. They also said I should have known that and I don't know how they figured that out. If they had explained it, I probably wouldn't have understood it anyway. I paid $3,000 for the policy so I didn't have to come up with money like that.

And the sickening part is, I also did my son's truck with them. I would have never gone with them if I had the experience before his truck ran out. They were deceitful and they put me in a rough position. Now it's a day late and a dollar short because I have the policy. I was simply taken advantage of big time and I was very dissatisfied. Hopefully, I don't need it again.

America Auto Care Company Profile