It's that easy Request Information
4.43/5
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

268 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

My car recently came outside its warranty plan and I wanted an extended warranty to cover any major repairs that could go wrong with my vehicle. I've had to file a claim with America Auto Care and it was great. I didn't have to do anything 'cause my service provider did everything and he said everything was smooth. So far so good and I have recommended them.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

When I get calls from warranty companies, I hang up and then do my own investigation, see what’s in Better Business Bureau, poor ratings and stuff like that. Then I got a call again from America Auto Care and went with it because I like the rating better than the rest of the calls that I got in terms of my Nissan extended warranty. The representative answered my questions so he was great. The questions that I asked were in reference to what I had already researched and stuff on the web and he answered those. America Auto Care is a top rated company because I don’t wanna be paying for any extended warranty but you gotta have something when you’re dealing with each car and the mechanic.

When I first signed up, it was with one of my credit cards and I didn’t wanna use that card. On the second month, they deducted the money. On the third time they tried to deduct it, they couldn’t so they gave me a call but I was meaning to call them because I wanted to change that card. I drive for a living and I was coming back from Springfield and I asked the girl if it was possible for her to call me back tomorrow so we could change that card. I gave her the time and she returned that call and we fixed that problem. So that was good.

Hello Anthony,

We appreciate a client that does their research. With there being so many warranty companies we encourage future clients to read reviews and make an educated decision on which company would work best for them. We are glad to have you as part of our family.Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I wanted to make sure that if I break down in the middle of the road and something needs to be fixed, it wouldn't have to come out out of my pocket. The representative from America Auto Care saw me and it was my last chance to get the warranty. That convinced me. I went with them for the price and setting up the payment was easy. I went through the book and I have pretty much everything in terms of coverage, including the rental and the roadside assistance. But I was worried about the pre-existing part. If something breaks, they can say it's pre-existing.

Hello Leticia,

We are glad to hear our agents could help in keeping your wallet and vehicle protected. With each of our policies comes road side assistance, so no matter where you are at help is only a phone call away.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I looked at auto warranty companies that will fit in my budget and I applied for an America Auto Care policy online. I heard back from a representative and agreed to buy it and then I got a little pamphlet in the mail. I got the auto coverage for major problems and my interactions with their representatives were all positive.

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to our family! We are happy to hear our agents were able to find a policy that covers everything you need while fitting into your budget. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call our customer service team at 888-497-3572.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I'm pleased with America Auto Care. I got a phone call from them after seeing them on a website and the gentleman was a very nice, young guy. I decided to have them because my car is a '04 Titan and it has got miles on it. I've taken care of it over the years and spent money fixing things here and there, but I like the idea of somebody else having to pay for it. And from the consumer reports that I did get information on, America Auto Care seem to be very good.

I got a premium and the representative was excellent. But the one thing he did promise me that I haven't received was free oil change and a couple of things. Also I did not know I had the 30-day and 1,000 miles waiting period when it was initially sold to me, and my breakdown happened about three weeks later, which I didn't expect. We were out garage selling and the fuel pump went bad. I was headed back to the house with it and the guy across the street works on cars and he's certified to do all that. I said, "Great." But apparently it wasn't covered so that was a bummer. I'll be lucky to have 1,000 miles on this truck in six months because we only drive it on the weekends for garage sales. So I went ahead and had it fixed. It costed me about $600. I should've been told about the waiting period. That was not to my knowledge that I remember.

Hey Donny,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your agent, as well as, your policy. How the maintenance package works is by reimbursement. You, the client, pays for the services and then mails in the receipts to the administrator and they will reimburse you. If you have any questions on this, please call our wonderful customer service team for assistance 888-497-3572.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was looking for a plan that covered most things that would go wrong with my vehicle that wasn't crazy expensive and would last for a while. I'd signed on with another company before I got with America Auto Care, but what I had gotten was $50 more a month and it didn't include any computer stuff that was in my car. America Auto Care gave me a phone call and they've been wonderful, pleasant and easy to deal with. I've missed a couple of calls from them but whenever I got back with them, they were real polite and understanding.

Hey Daniel,

We believe quality coverage should be both affordable and beneficial. Here at America Auto Care our agents review each clients needs in a policy as well as a price point that will fit their budget. It's nice hearing from satisfied clients. Hope you're doing well!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was looking for something that would cover my entire car and that was cheaper than what I had. I checked out two other companies, but America Auto Care was cheaper. The rep told me what he could offer me and what the price was then that was it. I've got the drivetrain protection, a 100,000 miles plus and etc. I also have a payment plan and it was easy to set up.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The warranty was gone on my five-year old car and I would have normally bought a new car by now but I don’t have the money anymore. America Auto Care was the first one that called me for the extended auto warranty and they explained everything. They were low and it came way down because I’m single and elderly. I really can’t afford it, but I don’t wanna get stuck with a big deal if the air conditioning goes out or if something major happens to the car ‘cause I’m gonna probably have it for another five years. After the initial call, no one ever called me or have a follow-up and I did not get the complete listing of what’s covered, what’s not covered and how much it costs. I was talked into it and they’re taking payments out of my checking account. I’m stuck for 18 months with it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was looking to cover basic repairs on the car if anything goes wrong with it. I looked at two auto coverage companies but then I had a good experience with the person at America Auto Care who called me. He was very knowledgeable and he answered all my questions. He gave me a lot of information and he was able to help me find what I was looking for. He explained everything to me in a manner that I could understand and that was why I ended up buying the warranty two months ago. The plan covers most of the important parts of the whole vehicle. Some of the previous auto coverage services that I had weren't covering some of the things that he said this plan will cover.

Hi Sandra,

We are so happy to hear that we could help assist you in keeping your vehicle protected. All of our agents are extensively trained to be able to pick the best policy for each client. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we welcome you to our family!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was looking for an extended warranty for my Nissan Altima and then America Auto Care contacted me. They have electronic and powertrain coverage so I chose them. I gave the representative who I worked with some questions before I said yes. Then my son and I spoke with him on a conference call and we were satisfied with him. So far, I haven't had any problems with America Auto Care.

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Welcome to our family. If you ever have any questions regarding your policy, give our customer service team a call at 888-497-3572. Hope all is well!

Original review: June 1, 2018

America Auto Care isn't overly priced and it covers a lot of things like my engine, parts breakdown, and things that cost the most when something happens to a car. I got a full coverage from them. America Auto Care's representatives have been extremely helpful and friendly. They didn’t mind walking me through what I was covered instead of trying to give me a brief description and rush me off the phone. America Auto Care is doing a great job.

Hey Tiffany,

At, America Auto Care, we train all of our agents to value the importance of explaining the details of policies to clients. We aim for clients to feel informed and comfortable with the policy they have and the understanding of how it works. Thank you for you kind words. Hope all is well!

Original review: May 30, 2018

My 2014 Toyota Corolla is one of the most reliable cars on the road, and yet I went with an extended warranty just for the peace of mind. Well, that turned out to be a terrible mistake. Last week, I made my first claim for $600, due a failed rear wheel bearing. I called America Auto Care repeatedly trying to reach a claims representative. Each time, I endured extended wait times (in excess of 20 minutes per call) and after FIVE DAYS (and this was five days without my car), I was told that the claim was denied.

Throughout this ordeal, I called the Toyota Dealership (who was doing the repair) and they told me that they were also contacting America Auto Care repeatedly, and each time, AAC said that they were going to call me, the owner of the car. Not once in five days did this company call me. Save your money. This company cannot be trusted. After this experience, I went online in desperation to find a way to contact the company's owner or manager and was unsuccessful. Is this a real business or just a shill? Their website has very little information. I wish I'd seen this website *before* I gave them my money. I'm disgusted beyond words. I'm a 63-year-old man and I am very careful with my money, but AAC ripped me off thoroughly. Shame on them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was getting an overwhelming amount of phone calls from auto warranty companies and I didn't like that. Evidently, when your warranty expires, your number goes out to 500 different companies and they're all trying to get your business. A rep from America Auto Care called and told me about their company. He explained the product and the services really well and broke everything down to what was really helpful. He was also the one who was most respectful of my time. And when I asked for him to call me back at a certain time, he would, which I found to be professional. He was also very patient and kept answering my questions even though I probably asked the same question five times. I ended up getting an extended warranty from them and everything was really good. I would encourage my friends to sign up as well.

Hello Lacey,

Welcome to our family! We love when customers share their experience with us. Each of our agents is trained to not only choose the best policy for a future client, but to also educate the client in all aspects of that policy. We pride ourselves on taking the time needed to ensure the client is comfortable in making their decision to purchase warranty for their vehicle.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 27, 2018

I know I gotta pay upfront but I was looking at an auto coverage that was gonna take care of the rest of the expense as well as take care of the vehicle. I saw America Auto Care’s reviews online and their reps answered the questions the best they could. I got the bumper-to-bumper coverage and they’ve done alright as long as I can pay the bill.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to our family! Here at America Auto Care we do our best to accommodate our clients. We recognize that sometimes our clients go through financial hardships. If ever you find yourself in one, don't hesitate to call our customer service department and our staff would be more than willing to help, if able.

Original review: May 26, 2018

When I bought a Jeep, America Auto Care was a 90-day deal that was part of the package. One time, I had to call in after some work on the Jeep was done before the mileage went away. The mileage was recorded on the work receipt and I sent a copy to America Auto Care and everything came out and I got paid for it. However, I’m dissatisfied that I wasn’t able to re-up the coverage as the vehicle was only covered for the year that I bought it from the dealership.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I do a lot of traveling, so America Auto Care has been a good thing to have. Their rep explained a lot of things to me and if I asked a question, he got an answer for it. I just got my bumper to bumper policy the other day. It covers all the way down to my electric window switch. I would recommend America Auto Care to people. You never know when you're gonna need it.

Hi Robert,

Well said! We like to think of auto warranty as health insurance for your vehicle. You never know when you're going to need it but it's best to have it. Hope all is well!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I wanted to get the vehicle covered for a long haul because I'm gonna keep it for a little while. America Auto Care was one of those that send emails saying that, "Your warranty is up." I've had a pleasant experience with their rep. My plan also covers pretty much the whole thing and that was pretty cool for 50,000 miles. Everything went well, so I was pretty pleased.

Hi John,

Warranty is a great way to ensure that your vehicle stays up and running without putting a strain on finances. We believe all vehicle owners should have a policy to protect them for when their vehicle breaks down. We are glad to hear you are pleased with your policy.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I wanted to be able to have coverage on the car. I checked one of the other companies but I went with America Auto Care because they were the cheaper one. Everything seemed okay and I didn't have problems with them.

Hi Deborah,

We love hearing from our clients! Auto warranty is something we believe should be affordable for all vehicle owners. Welcome to our family!

Original review: May 24, 2018

America Auto Care called me and their prices were competitive than the other ones. I got the extended warranty for my mileage because I had a high mileage, then they gave me 70,000 miles more under warranty. Their representatives were very attentive. They listened to my needs and they asked questions. It was good customer service. They sent me an email afterwards and I got the book a week after. America Auto Care did everything right. Check them out because they really have a good extended warranty.

Hello Katy,

Thank you! Hearing our clients are happy makes us happy. Each of our agents takes the time to understand the needs of a future client in determining which policy is best for them. Establishing an understanding of a clients expectations and needs allows for an overall better customer experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I wanted an extended warranty and it didn’t cost an arm and a leg. I liked America Auto Care's coverage and price. I haven't used them but at the time of my purchase their reps were very friendly and knew what they were talking about.

Hey Robert,

We believe quality coverage should be affordable to all vehicle owners. Our agents set out to offer the best and most cost effective coverage available to all of our clients. Thank you for sharing with us. Hope all is well.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I don't like America Auto Care. I'm canceling my policy and they can refund me back my money or I'm gonna have my lawyer speak with them or take my lawyer to their office, however it goes. They're not honoring my warranty. They took money out of my account for this warranty. My truck was in the Cadillac shop for almost two weeks and then on top of that I had to pay $400 out of my pocket to take my truck out of there and my truck wasn't even serviced. They didn't do anything. They came, looked at it and said, "We're not responsible for your air suspension." They lie to you when you first get the warranty. They told me they cover electrical, they cover brakes rotor, air suspension, air shocks, but when my truck got to Cadillac they don't cover any of that. I'm getting rid of this truck today anyhow, so I ain't going to need them.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was looking for a good coverage of everything, the most about the closest I can get to a full coverage, bumper to bumper. And America Auto Care has reasonable prices. Furthermore, they seemed very professional when I spoke to them and they had a coverage that was fair enough. I was satisfied with it.

Hi John,

We love hearing from happy clients! Professionalism and quality customer service are of the utmost importance to us. If you ever have any questions call us at 888-497-3572. Hope you're doing well!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was looking for something that would have just the same of type of coverage as my factory warranty for my 2016 BMW. It should cover some parts of the repairs and the factory required things in case something happens. I got to talk to America Auto Care and they explained the details of the plan so it would meet my needs. The rep was very pleasant and friendly. He explained everything and made sure that I knew how the plan worked, the price, the billing date, and all the restrictions. I also got my questions answered. I looked at other ones and America Auto Care's price was more affordable so I went with them. I bought the warranty about a month ago before my factory warranty runs out.

Hello Kavoos,

Our agents tailor policies to meet our clients needs and we are glad to hear we could assist in keeping your BMW protected. It's good knowing you decided to get coverage before your factory warranty ran out to ensure your vehicle never went without coverage. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I was looking for an auto coverage plan to help with the repairs. I got one before for my 2002 Toyota which was really expensive and had 317,000 miles on it. Then I ended up getting an auto coverage for 100,000 miles with America Auto Care. The guy who helped me sign up and get everything ready was very good, thorough, and nice. Their representatives have been very courteous, too. So far, my experience with them has been great and soon, I'll use the plan when I get the oil change and see who I could use for that as I get a discount for two oil changes a year.

Hey Theresa

Our agents love hearing feedback from clients. We pride ourselves on taking the time to talk our clients through all aspects of their warranties and making sure they have a solid understanding of their policy. Thank you for sharing such kind words. Hope all is well!

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was looking for extended warranty and when America Auto Care called me, I liked what they had to offer. So, I signed up with them. I got the powertrain auto coverage and so far, my experience with them has been excellent.

Hi Alicia,

Welcome to our family! We love when new clients share their experience with us. If you ever have any questions our customer service team is always here for you 888-497-3572.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was looking for a powertrain warranty and I’ve looked into six companies. America Auto Care had the highest claims approval percentage so I went with them. Their representative was good since he took care of some concerns I had about whether or not the warranty would cover my truck. I would recommend them.

Hi Erik,

We appreciate a client that does their research. 6 companies and you chose us, America Auto Care. We welcome you to the family! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Have a great day!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had an auto coverage with the dealership I had but that ran out and they were no good at all. Then I was looking for a coverage for powertrain and that was pretty much got what I got from America Auto Care. They also put on a lot of extras that other companies don't do, like the free oil changes, air condition checking, windshield wipers maintenance, and the free brake pads for normal wear and tear. That was cool, so I went with them. I'm brand new to this extended power train coverage and this is my first month with it, but I think it's one of the good ones. It blows away the auto coverage service I previously had.

I also had a pleasant experience with America Auto Care's reps. They were real nice and they provided great customer service. After I bought the coverage, I could take the car in and have it checked. So right now, I got one claim going with them because the last coverage I had it really sucked and the car has some spots and needed to have its brakes fixed. America Auto Care has been paying $30 a day on the rental car that I have for almost two weeks now because my car has been there for a whole week which is ridiculous. But other than that, everything's great.

Hey Kenneth,

Our agents love hearing feedback from satisfied clients. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the "freebies" we give with our policies. Helping out with general maintenance such as oil changes and brake pads are little ways we show our clients that we care. If you ever have questions about your policy give our customer service team a call at 888-497-3572! Welcome to our family!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2018

I was looking for everything and anything that was in the car that needed a warranty. If a nail got in my tire, I wanted it fixed and the warranty to pay for it. And if there was damage to my car and the manufacturer's warranty has run out, the extended warranty would be the only thing to fix it other than me. I had gone to some other places and the gentleman who was transporting me to Enterprise to pick up a car also gave me some prices. Still, I seem to have gotten a better deal with America Auto Care. The rep at America Auto Care spoke about what my needs were and he helped me by giving me the different prices that I could get and by giving me a lower amount to pay up front. My protection is running out in 60,000 miles and I'm at 55,000 so I got the insurance because I needed it. America Auto Care is okay. Get it or research different places.

Hi Susie,

We are glad to hear you chose our company to help you in protecting your vehicle. With there being so many policies and options to choose from, our agents take the time to understand each of our clients needs to place them in a policy be suited for them. Hope all is well!

Original review: May 14, 2018

After I signed up with another company, America Auto Care called me and they seemed far better, so I cancelled the other one and went with their Powertrain plan. They told me that the factory radio would be covered and then after getting the pamphlet, it wasn’t. So, I called them and the lady I spoke with made it sound like I didn’t know what I was talking about then blew it off like that was okay which was disappointing. Also, the rep told me that I would be getting two tire rotations and three oil changes a year for free but it turned out I wouldn’t. The other company offered that and when I mentioned it to their sales rep, he said yes so then I was sold. And then when I spoke to the woman, she said that the rep was wrong. Be careful with what they offer and make sure you get what you want.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2018

I wanted to make sure that I was covered if something happened. I signed up with America Auto Care over the phone and got coverage for the motor, the tranny and the drivetrain for four years. I've had America Auto Care for about two months now and my experience has been all good.

Hey Harold,

Good to hear from you, sir. We are glad to hear everything is going well. If you ever have questions about your policy, be sure and give our customer service team a call 888-497-3572.

America Auto Care expert review by Lauren Fix

Auto Care specializes in vehicle service contracts (VSC). The company is a contract provider, or broker, meaning they connect you with a plan administrator, who will handle your claim in case of needed repairs. America Auto Care offers a variety of plan options according to the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

• Maintenance plans: America Auto Care offers several different maintenance plans, which cover needed vehicle upkeep. Consumers can choose the plan that meets their needs and budget.

• Transferable: In many cases, customers can transfer their vehicle service contracts to the new owner if they sell their covered car. This benefit can increase the car’s resale value.

• Mechanic choice: America Auto Care customers have the freedom to take their car to any Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified repair facility. The claims department can help customers select a facility that can handle their repair.

• Options: America Auto is a VSC broker and works with four different plan administrators. This means that the company offers a wider variety of plans than direct providers and can help consumers select the best one for their budget.

• Mechanic locations: The administrators for America Auto Care plans will pay for covered repairs throughout the United States and Canada, so consumers can get their vehicle repaired even if it malfunctions while they’re traveling.

• Best for: new car owners, used car owners, busy families and those who drive frequently.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

America Auto Care Company Information