Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was skeptical of the whole thing with America Auto Care and I've never had this type of service, but they sent me my paperwork and my booklet and they explained everything to me. I even called them afterwards and I feel real good about the service. Their people are real nice too. I've been with them for two billing cycles now and so far, everything has been going well. It's nice to have that peace of mind. I'm glad that they called, and I made the decision to have it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

America Auto Care

We are glad to have been able to assist you with protecting your vehicle. As always your feedback is very appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I wanted to get a complete car coverage at a good price. I searched online and found America Auto Care. I did decide to get a few other quotes, but America Auto Care seemed to have a little more to offer than another company that I had talked to. Their rep wanted to work with my budget for the amount of coverage that I wanted. They were very open to helping me in any way that they could and I would recommend them.

I asked my dealership about America Auto Care and they said they never dealt with them before. It was a little concerning to me and I'd definitely cancel. I haven't had any problems with my SUV and don't really expect to but I could never be overinsured. I was looking just to cover everything as far as basic wear and tear that I would have to pay for myself, including if electronics went out or any of the column, the lifters, motor or transmission. I have had several other companies call me and ask me, and I said, "Well, I've already got auto protection." My dealership told me that my warranty didn't start until the 18th but I guess that also diminished because of what they covered really wouldn't cover the entire cost like AAC said they would.

I was kind of confused reading the policy because it sounded like I had to pay the initial fee and get the reimbursement and I need to call their service and find out about that. AAC made it sound so good that I would be with total peace of mind and they'll take care of everything should something happen. So far any interactions I had with their representatives were so good.

At the time I didn't know that I had a warranty on my vehicle up until 60,000 miles so I ended at 30. When they got me out of policy taking me up to a 100, I needed a plan to cover the whole vehicle. I chose America Auto Care because the price was reasonable. It's supposed to be covering my main engine and the transmission, the high price parts of the vehicle but some of it is questionable because of the way I maintain the vehicle. I'm trying to figure who to file the claim if I had one because I have a total of three policies right now. That's my problem.

The rep was very polite and he explained the policy. When they call, they're not pushy and that's what I like. They also didn't put another company down. They were just honest with me and told me what they could offer. That was it, it was my choice. They didn't say, "Well, you need to pick us." I will recommend America Auto Care to a friend.

I had no coverage on my car and my fiancée chose America Auto Care for me. In case something happens to my engine or something breaks down, I can get it fixed. I got the platinum and it covered everything.

We bought the auto coverage for my daughter since our warranty on it was fixing to run out and we just knew we needed it, especially with a young person. We wanted a big coverage so that's when I started looking into it and decided to go with America Auto Care. They called me and went through everything. We discussed what the coverage was and the price. Then, we decided to go ahead and get it. The coverage was real close to what we had on when we bought the car. So far so good. They're really good people to deal with. We're totally pleased with it right now. We're lucky that we really hadn't had to use it but it's still a peace of mind knowing we do have the coverage if we need it.

America Auto Care's reps were friendly and I didn’t feel pressured. They gave me the information and then I went around looking at prices but kept their number and called them back two months later and said that I was interested. I was looking for an auto coverage plan that would help take care of the small stuff like the belts and distributors that cost an awful lot of money that I could have a warranty for and have it replaced at the same time. The amount I'm paying is $194.44 and it will cover everything in the engine but not the brakes, oil changes and fluid changes.

I was very shocked when they took out the payment on the 26th of August because the first payment wasn't until September and I ended up calling the 800 number back and saying that it was supposed to be in September. Then the customer representative said, "Uh-oh. It's down here to start in September. We goofed. I will pay up to September and October so you won't have to pay your bill until at least November since it's my mistake.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

My existing warranty on the truck that I purchased was expiring and America Auto Care was in the market of extended warranties. They called and the price sounded right so I made a quick decision to avail of their services. I got their full-coverage, bumper-to-bumper. Their reps were very helpful but the only thing I wish that I had received was a copy of the policy and what exactly is covered. I got it all over the phone from the rep, but I never received anything. So far, I've been with them for five months, have been making my monthly payments and am hoping that I won't need to use them.

Factual basis uncertain

I needed a new warranty. I got a call from America Auto Care, which I thought was GM, and I signed up for a full coverage. Only after that that I knew they weren't GM. My air conditioning went out and I was really upset because they didn't cover $500 of it but when I signed up, they said I was covered from bumper to bumper. They're saying it's what I signed up for, they don't do rubber hoses, they don't do this and that. They also said I should have known that and I don't know how they figured that out. If they had explained it, I probably wouldn't have understood it anyway. I paid $3,000 for the policy so I didn't have to come up with money like that.

And the sickening part is, I also did my son's truck with them. I would have never gone with them if I had the experience before his truck ran out. They were deceitful and they put me in a rough position. Now it's a day late and a dollar short because I have the policy. I was simply taken advantage of big time and I was very dissatisfied. Hopefully, I don't need it again.

I bought a new Hyundai in 2010 or 2011 and the warranty on that one ran out but I didn't have any problem with it. And then I got a brand new Hyundai in 2014 and the warranty ran out on it also. The car is made as well as it should be made, then it should last like some of the German cars, 10 years, before they have a problem. So it's basically an insurance policy against the car breaking down.

American Auto Care reached out to me in a phone call and offered me a deal where I could buy a new car and keep the same payment. They just extended the policy. It’s $100 a month for 4 years. I wasn't gonna buy it but then I have a real weakness about turning people down. And I thought, I won’t find out how good it is until something breaks down, and I probably don't know how much they’re gonna cover. In a sense, you don't want it to, but then again, it's like an insurance policy. You don't wanna die either but if you do, your family is taken care of. So it’s a lose-lose situation if you got something major that they will repair. But if something was to happen then I’d be stuck or worse.

I went online to investigate some auto warranty companies. I wanted an auto coverage plan that would cover major stuff, in case anything went wrong with my car, a 2007 Saturn Sky. If you get a car like that, you'll start having problems. I got calls and found America Auto Care online. They reached out to me. Their saleslady was very professional, good, and persuasive. She spelled out their auto warranty and I liked the way it sounded. I also liked the price. It's our first year with them. It's a four-year plan and it's $97 a month for two years, then after that it's nothing for two years. If I had to use the service, it's $100 deductible. It's a great plan. I've got some material on everything that's covered, and they've lived up to what they say the warranty does and what they would do when I needed the service.

My car is a 2008 model so I thought I needed an auto warranty. America Auto Care called me and I like what they had to say that they covered. Their warranty covers the engine transmission, the flywheel, flat plate, axle, AC cooling system to delivery system, electric system, the seals and gaskets, the Chevy plate part, labor diagnostic, 24-hour assistant tow, rental, $100 deductible. Their representative was also very nice and explained everything. I had a very good experience just calling them to do my payments. However, there is one thing I did not like. I asked them if I sell my car, could I cancel and they said, “Well, you always will have this on your car.” And I didn’t like that I can’t cancel it.

The warranty on my car was running out, so I wanted something to take the place more or less. All the interactions were done by telephone. After I got the book from them, I got to reading it and all that good stuff in there. However, the only thing I dislike was whatever they told us in that, they could have done it in four pages and it took them 20. Also, I'm legally blind and I had to do it on the reader because it magnifies it. I thought I never would get through that book.

I got the plus program from American Auto Care which covers everything. I’ve been satisfied so far. The sign-up was fine and I didn't encounter any problem. The representatives were courteous too.

I'm not so happy with my experience with America Auto Care. The repair shops don't want to let anything go unless they were given the money upfront but I couldn't pay for it upfront because America Auto Care wouldn't reimburse me even if I show them a receipt that I paid the repair bill. They wanted me to find a repair shop wherein they had to let the car go and they would pay them directly. Otherwise, it won't be covered. Then it'll all be out of my pocket. And not too many shops want to do that, especially Mercedes. We've got to pay upfront otherwise, they're not going to let the car go. So I went back to the place where I've bought the car and they are the ones that fixed it. They went ahead and accepted my deal because they know me. They're the only people I could get.

They wanted about $900 because they were installing a new starter. Out of that $900, all the insurance paid was $633 and then $100 deductible, so $733. I had to come up with the difference. The repair shop has called me because they didn't receive payment the first time. I gave them the $100 deductible last month but they still hadn't gotten paid. I called the insurance company and asked them about it, and he said, "Well, we sent the check out but it never got cashed." I called them again and the guy said, "Well, I see that it was mailed on Thursday. And it said that's your own address, the same place we sent the first one." I don't know if it came in today or not. If it was Thursday, it should have gotten in today but I'll check with them and see. I pay a lot for it so I hope I get my money's worth.

I had so many calls from so many and they were all offering the same thing. At the time that all these people were calling me I wasn’t interested in getting a warranty. But, at the time that America Auto Care called me, I was looking for something that was going to cover my truck fully for all the major components that it might need or should break down during the course of me owning the vehicle. So, once I talked to the representative, we agreed on a plan and on what I was going to get.

I obtained what they called the platinum package. It covers all components that may fail like the engine, transmission and electrical parts with the exception of the usual maintenance wear and tear parts like brakes and stuff like that. Everything else was covered under my policy for the next 100,000 miles of my car. I had a problem with the bill but I have spoken to Zac over at America Auto Care and we eventually straightened that out. My experience with them so far has been okay.

I had a warranty that ran out and I had been thinking about having it put back on my car. It’s my main transportation. I kept checking on the files, seeing that it was going to cost money to do anything with my Mini Cooper and I might as well get coverage on it. I didn’t realize there was difference in what the actual coverage was. They tried to tell me they had the same coverage, but I found out they don’t. I didn’t plan on having the car more than two years, so I said, a two-year plan will cover me.

One claim was filed for me at the dealership. They called the insurance company and had that taken care of without me getting involved. It was very easy and it covered something that was important to me at the time. I got it done and it was great. But the normal wear and stuff, they don’t cover. So I did the brake job and had to have that all straightened out.

The dealership covered the sensors that went out in my passenger seat for air bags. They had to order that. When that came in I had the other work done that was covered. I’m happy with this all and it’s going on along quite a while. I’ve got about 20 more months of insurance and that’s cool. I hope I don’t have anything else I need to see them for. I would definitely recommend them.

The more the rep from America Auto Care talked the better their extended coverage plan sounded so I went ahead and got it. Their people were very helpful. They worked with me with what I wanted to pay and everything went well. I love it even if I haven't had to file a claim so far.

America Auto Care called me and I decided to sign up with them. My contract covers when I get a flat tire while on the road and they will help me out. And also when my car doesn't start, they can put it in a shop. My experience with them is all right.

I got a full-coverage auto warranty from America Auto Care, and when I recently filed a claim, the auto mechanic did all the work with them. I'd recommend America Auto Care.

I was looking for an extended warranty for my Dodge Durango. I looked into 3 or 4 auto warranty companies, and went with America Auto Care. Obviously, price was a consideration. But cheapest is not always the best. You have to balance the price with what you're getting. So, I looked at the coverage that they were giving, and for the money that I would pay, that was the best value. I've dealt with the reps a couple of months ago, and I've had good feedback. The only problem was I didn't receive the documentation that they sent to me. But then, they sent me duplicates, and I got it and it was fine. So far, everything has been good with them.

I filled out my name on a list and was sent a lot of different people to talk to me. I compared everything and it came done to the price. America Auto Care was a little cheaper than the others so I went with them. Compared to other companies, they did not push me and I was open and honest with them. I purchased within a week of that filling out. That was several months ago and they were great. They got me exactly what I needed.

America Auto Care has been good. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the rental, they only cover the hours and days of the work while the car is being fixed. Let's say it's only a six-hour job, but it took the adjuster three days to come out to look at it. They only pay for one day and I'm supposed to pay three. I had a problem with my truck and I didn't have it for a whole week. So, I had to pay out-of-pocket for that rental which it shouldn't be if it's waiting for adjusters to come in and look at it. Other than that, everything's fine. They were fast on responding and fixing the problem. I'm glad I went with them.

Factual basis uncertain

All I was looking for was to have really big items covered under a warranty. America Auto Care called and they sent me material. They made me feel like I was really stupid for not having it but it was never clear. They would quote something and then you never knew what the total was. I have direct deposit to pay the bill and I should have been looking. We were paying $240 twice a month and my son-in-law is the one who caught that. I didn't notice 'til about the end of the year that I have it and it was awful. I discontinued the service but they were still calling me three years later saying if I didn't want to get more coverage, they could do it cheaper. It was a really shady deal and I'm very dissatisfied.

My air conditioner has stopped working on my car and my previous auto warranty said they repair air conditioning, but they don't cover the control of the air conditioner because it controlled more than the air conditioning and what was stopping it from working. So I wouldn't get my car repaired and they said they didn't cover the service parts, so I switched to America Auto Care and got the best plan that they service. Also, the person I spoke with on the phone was good and knowledgeable. So now, I'm hoping everything flies right with America Auto Care.

My son and I have accounts from America Auto Care. It's a great service. I'm glad I took them when they called. They called me four or five times before I said yes. 90 days later, something happened and they covered it. I've had a very pleasant experience. The only painful thing is with bad transmission and the process that I wasn't aware of. They went out and shopped it. Then there were some delays from the inspection, to finding one, delivering it, and completing it with the dealership. It took them two weeks. So they only covered the one day of the car but I was satisfied, because compared to what could have been a couple of thousand versus the $500 that I spent over five to six months that's what it's there for. It's insurance.

When they called again, I said, "You know, my son just bought a car. We should put it on there, because he's only a college kid." He has a newer car than mine. The people I talked to recently when I put my son's car last month were very nice people. The agent I was dealing put a supervisor on. I wanted to make sure a couple of things before I put on my son's car and my wife was okay with it. They were very accommodating. They were all very nice. I would recommend it to other people if their car is four or five years old, and if the actual warranty goes out. It's something that they should do.

Factual basis uncertain

I'm not crazy about America Auto Care. They pay for the minor stuff but when something big goes wrong they will not cover it. I'm wasting my money because every time I call they would say that it's not covered and it's a wear item. They didn't cover the clutch, the air compressor and the starter. That melts anything. It's a bunch of junk so they would never get my business again.

The vehicle I have is foreign. I was looking for something and picked America Auto Care for my extended warranty. The plan covers pretty much everything that goes on with the vehicle except for normal wear and tear. I haven't had used it yet but right now, I'm satisfied.

I was on the internet and I was trying to find an extended warranty for my truck. My truck is like a seven-year-old and it’s got 100,000 miles on it at that time. I wanted something which can give me all the service that I need to apply to get my truck running again once something goes wrong and a rent-a-car to drive me back and forth to work after it’s been serviced.

I obtained coverage for the powertrain and the engine from America Auto Care and once my truck goes down all I have to pay is $100 deductible on it. They can fix my vehicle and they got rent-a-car, too. Their rep was also professional. But I got skeptical at first and I checked into it because another company that I talked to said that in this business all these people were liable and they're gonna steal. They just take the money and run. And America Auto Care just started six months prior I initiated my interest in it. But I hope they're trustworthy and I keep my fingers crossed. I haven’t filed a claim yet but they treated me right and they called me, “Sir.” They also walked me right through it and when I got laid off for a while back in January, they extended a little bit with my payment so I could get it the following three days.

I knew that I had to get an auto warranty. With America Auto Care, it was $2,300 for the 100,000-mile warranty. But before I signed up for it, they went over what the coverage was. Although the price was high, I liked the coverage that they had. They cover a lot of things like fan belts and stuff like that and I thought that was pretty impressive. Then they said that they would also mail me a booklet with a card. And I got that which explained exactly what they told me on the phone. Also, the roadside service was really impressive. So, I went with them. I've used them once and it was a good experience. The only people that had problems were the people that had to contact them to get the coverage on the car.

I was looking for an extended warranty for my car, and America Auto Care has been around for a while and was reasonably priced. The coverage I got has an extra 100,000 miles with a $100 deductible. I went with them as they were one of a few other companies that didn't want all of the money upfront and actually offered a payment plan. Let's say it was $2,000 for the coverage, 99% of the companies wanted a check for $2,000 and wouldn't do it on a monthly basis. I haven't had any breakdowns yet where I've had to use them, but it's been really good. They were easy to work with, and they do what they say they were going to do.

I have been notified by Nissan that I had no coverage on my vehicle anymore, so when America Auto Care called me, I got an extended warranty and we talked about having the computers on my car covered.

America Auto Care Company Profile