4.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

BOTTOM LINE

America Auto Care offers many coverage options for a wide range of budgets. Although pricing is not readily available on their website, America Auto Care’s customer service team can provide more information.

PROS

• High number of plans
  • Low deductible
  • Transferrable plans

CONS

• Pricing not available online
  • Doesn't process or approve claims directly

Top America Auto Care Reviews

12/03/2018

America Auto Care's reps were very excellent and informative. Everything they told me was exactly how it was once I got the printout of everything. The plan covers a lot and I like it. I would definitely recommend them.

02/11/2019

I wanted as much coverage as possible without paying an arm and a leg. I looked at about four auto coverage companies but America Auto Care was able to stay within my budget and the benefits sounded better than what the other companies offered.

America Auto Care cost

America Auto care prices vary widely because they work with four different administrators. Coverage differs among these provider’s plans. Simple powertrain coverage will cost less, and bumper-to-bumper coverage will cost more. Because America Auto Care has so many plans, consumers can choose just the right one to fit their budget. Some deductibles can be as low as $50. To receive an exact quote from America Auto Care, simply fill out their online form with information about yourself and your car. You can also call and speak to a person directly for a quote.

America Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee if no claims are made within the first 30 days. This gives you a window to change your mind, and if you decide you don’t want the America Auto Care warranty you won’t be out any money

America Auto Care plans

America Auto Care works with four administrators to find the right extended auto warranty for you. Each administrator has their own plans, ranging from the most basic powertrain to exclusionary plans, where almost everything is covered.

• Omega Auto Care provides three plans: Exclusionary, Used State and Powertrain Enhanced. Exclusionary offers the most extensive coverage, while Powertrain Enhanced is the most basic. Used State is designed to work well for older cars.
  • Royal Administration Services offers four plans through America Auto Care: Ultimate, Premium, Preferred and Primary. Ultimate coverage is similar to bumper-to-bumper coverage. The Primary plan is close to a powertrain plan. The other plans fall somewhere in the middle, with Premium offering more coverage than Primary.
  • The Element has five available plans. The Headstart plan is the most basic and affordable plan. Powertrain Plus and Enhanced Powertrain offer a step up in coverage. These plans are typically available for cars with higher mileage. The fourth plan is Stated Component, which offers the second most coverage. The Exclusionary plan is the most expensive but also the most comprehensive. Expect near complete coverage with the Exclusionary Plan.
  • CarGuard’s five plans, from most to least coverage, are Platinum Plus, Gold Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain. The Powertrain plans offer less coverage but are cheaper and available for older cars. The Platinum plans have the most coverage at a higher cost and are less likely to be available for older vehicles.

America Auto Care coverage

America Auto Care will cover repairs if they are made at an ASE-certified repair facility. These repair facilities are present throughout the United States and Canada, meaning an America Auto Care extended auto warranty can cover you even while you’re traveling. America Auto Care’s roadside assistance can help you if you’re stranded, including towing you to the nearest repair facility. You’ll just need to provide a copy of your contract at the repair facility, and America Auto Care will pay for the repair, minus your deductible. You can also call America Auto care customer service with any questions you have.

Many America Auto Care plans are transferable, meaning they can be transferred to another owner if the vehicle is sold. This can help boost the value of your vehicle.

Do we recommend America Auto Care?

We recommend America Auto Care to consumers looking for a wide range of available plans. Low deductibles, as low as $50, are another good selling point. Because you can transfer most plans if you sell your car, you don’t need to worry about buying an extended auto warranty needlessly. The extended auto warranty will add value to your car. Reviewers also praise their America Auto Care’s friendly service. For all these reasons, we recommend America Auto Care.

471 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm the second owner of my Hyundai car which is supposed to have ten years or 100,000 miles factory warranty. I didn’t know that the rest of the warranty is not transferred over to me so instead of me having ten years and this is only in 2013, I only had about a year and a half on it. I was pissed when I found out because I had a thing needed to be replaced.

I needed an extended warranty because these things are too expensive to pay for out of pocket. The car is turbocharged so I wanted something that was gonna cover my engine if something went wrong and everything that the normal factory would cover. I did a Google search and ended up calling and getting quotes from about three different people and after looking at their numbers, America Auto Care was pretty much the cheapest at the time. The warranty covers the suspension to the ball joints except for the brakes which is normal wear and tear. They also told me that if I would have paid this whole thing off in three years instead of for the whole five years continuous, I won't have to pay anything for a remaining couple of years on it.

When I called about the situation with my coil pack going out, the guy was very pleasant and took his time with me. I appreciated that. He looked the information up from my phone number and other stuff that I gave him and didn’t give me any issues. He told me exactly what to do and he was more than helpful. Since I didn’t have my card with me, I pulled my information up online with my number. I showed the young lady at the desk my number from America Auto Care and they took care of everything on their own. Everybody has been pleasant and has taken the time to explain everything when I call in. They didn’t give anybody a hassle when I dropped the car off the next day and had to give them the information.

The only thing I didn’t understand was that they couldn’t replace all of the coil packs and just cover it instead of me having to go back and pay a $100 deductible every time the next two go. Hyundai warranty replaces all of that at one time although they wouldn’t cover it. Other than that, everything else is lovely and excellent experience. I don’t wanna have something go wrong but when it does, I know it’s not gonna be a hassle to get it fixed.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Mainly, I was looking to cover the expensive things like the engine, the transmission, and the larger items in the auto coverage plan for my Nissan. I checked at least five auto coverage companies and I liked the customer service of America Auto Care. The rep that I originally talked to seemed like he genuinely wanted my business, instead of just saying, "This is the plan. Take it or leave it." He worked with me on my coverage plan. At one point, I thought they were a little high on the cost, but they come down on it. They gave me a military discount and nobody else had offered that at all, even if I already told them that I was a disabled vet on a fixed income. America Auto Care was the only one that seemed to care and I appreciate that.

I just started the coverage right before I paid the vehicle off and so far my experience with them has been excellent. But when I originally signed up, I had a problem with the warranty card on my car and I called them. The little chip had gone out on the card and I had forgotten to change it, so I had to get a new card and number. They charged me $10 just to change the card number and I didn’t understand that part. But other than that, I'm okay with America Auto Care. They're great and I've enjoyed being with them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I used America Auto Care on my Cadillac Escalade but I sold my Escalade and dropped the services that I had with them. When I bought the Audi, I got back with America Auto Care and they’ve been great. I was just looking for a warranty, but then they had a lot of other perks that made it worth the money that I spend, and that really made me wanna come back to them, such as the roadside assistance. Also, if I need an oil change, I could go in and they would cover it. The young man I spoke to at America Auto Care was very knowledgeable and polite. I asked him to give me five minutes since my wife called and he held the line. By doing that, he was telling me that he cherished my business. That gave me a great impression about him and for the company that he works with. The coverage he gave me was bumper-to-bumper which includes all the components.

The young lady I called told me not to worry and that they would send a tow truck to pick up my vehicle. That’s good customer service that any business doesn’t have anymore. I’m on my way back to Houston tomorrow and I’ll probably add two more cars through America Auto Care. If America Auto Care could send me some business cards out, so I can pass along to other friends of mine with Audi vehicles, that would be great because the business that'll be generated from them, by my experience, go along with it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have an older truck and I wanted to get more warranty on it. I looked at three different companies and I decided to go with America Auto Care. They sent me an email and they offered an extended part of their warranty. I liked that they give a bit of a discount and return you some money on oil changes and brakes. They also do a bumper-to-bumper warranty and there wasn’t any underlining print. Plus, they had towing and rental car included in the package.

Other than that, the rep I talked to was not aggressive and was cool about everything. He wasn’t pushy and he knew quite a bit about my truck. He also said that the electric motor and the doors are gonna be going and it was nice that he knew a little about the rig and what to look for. He was thorough, really knowledgeable on aftercare, and wanted to make sure there weren’t any aftermarket items on the truck. He took my mileage verbatim and told me that they could pull a Carfax on my truck. So if my maintenance wasn't up to date, they were able to verify it. I knew that getting the warranty was gonna be an expense, but I was pleasantly surprised about the price that I got from America Auto Care. I didn’t have money straight upfront but they made the warranty affordable for me and worked it into my budget. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Having a warranty on your vehicle is really valuable. I have two vehicles, a Mercedes and a BMW, and I have maintenance service on both of them. The service that I had before helped me save a good amount of money as far as the maintenance was concerned on one of my cars but I used that service for the last time and I needed to have that car covered again. I bought it about three years ago and I was looking for auto coverage to help with its maintenance. I usually keep my cars for a long time and every car I've ever had, I kept for over 300,000 miles. And I tried to buy nice cars to get good service out of them. If you keep maintenance on a car and don’t drive it like crazy, it'll last, so that is mainly the reason why I expect to drive my car for quite a while.

I got a phone call from America Auto Care and I thought I would try them out. Initially, I got plenty of calls from people trying to sell me a service but I didn’t like the way they sounded in their pitch to sell their service. Compared to them, the rep at America Auto Care didn’t sound like he was just trying to sell me a service. He was telling me what he was offering and it was what I wanted to hear. So, I chose to work with him. I obtained the bumper to bumper and the regular services, and based on my experience with America Auto Care so far, i would recommend them.

America Auto Care response
Hello James,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a thorough review of your experience with our company! Keeping a warranty on a vehicle is great for so many reasons, one of them being to keep you from having to pay out of pocket when the vehicle breaks down. To extended the life of any vehicle, warranty allows for our customers to have the necessary repairs done when needed without cost to them. We appreciate you as a client. Welcome to our family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My experience with America Auto Care has been pretty good so far. After looking at three other companies, I liked that America Auto Care was giving me exactly what I wanted for warranty and they were much cheaper. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage, anything to do with the engine, the crankshaft and front axles. Their reps were good about explaining things, and pretty clear too.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased this policy back in April of 2018. During the summer of 2018 I took my car to a reputable air conditioning shop to have the air conditioner looked at and, at that time they said it was the cabin air evaporator sensor that was bad and the repairs would be $750 to remove the dash and replace the sensor in the dash. The dealership called America Auto Care and they said the part was not covered even though I have the AC coverage therefore it cost me $750 to make the repair myself also, in this agreement I purchase the powertrain enhanced mechanics coverage which allowed me to have three oil changes and a battery replaced free and brakes replaced up to a certain amount in the first year. I sent in receipts for three oil changes to be refunded to me and it has now been several months and I have not heard anything back from them.

I contacted their customer service department and they said they never received anything and now that it's more than a year since I purchased this policy the free repairs are no longer covered,, go figure,, but yet I got proof that I faxed a copy to them. Yes they have a wonderful group of people that work there and will talk to you great on the phone but when it comes to using their service I have of yet been refunded any of the money I have put out, therefore, I my be making a decision of going through a different company, and I only gave them 1 star because of these problems with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The reps of America Auto Care did fine. I liked their price and how they would extend my miles and years. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I had America Auto Care when I first got my car and they told me that they work with Chevrolet. So, if I ever had any problems, I can use them because they work with Chevrolet. So, I just went on ahead and signed with them. I liked what they offered and it was the best. I had a really good sales representative as well. He told me if I ever needed anything, that I could call him and be able to use the number he gave me to call him. So far, right now, I’m satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

In case my car's transmission and engine go bad, I want to make sure those are covered. American Auto Care's reps were professionals and I got motor, transmission and electrical coverage from them. Other people should go for their warranty.

America Auto Care Company Information