3.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

BOTTOM LINE

America Auto Care offers many coverage options for a wide range of budgets. Although pricing is not readily available on their website, America Auto Care’s customer service team can provide more information.

PROS

• High number of plans
  • Low deductible
  • Transferrable plans

CONS

• Pricing not available online
  • Doesn't process or approve claims directly

Top America Auto Care Reviews

America Auto Care's reps were very excellent and informative. Everything they told me was exactly how it was once I got the printout of everything. The plan covers a lot and I like it. I would definitely recommend them.

I wanted as much coverage as possible without paying an arm and a leg. I looked at about four auto coverage companies but America Auto Care was able to stay within my budget and the benefits sounded better than what the other companies offered.

America Auto Care cost

America Auto care prices vary widely because they work with four different administrators. Coverage differs among these provider’s plans. Simple powertrain coverage will cost less, and bumper-to-bumper coverage will cost more. Because America Auto Care has so many plans, consumers can choose just the right one to fit their budget. Some deductibles can be as low as $50. To receive an exact quote from America Auto Care, simply fill out their online form with information about yourself and your car. You can also call and speak to a person directly for a quote.

America Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee if no claims are made within the first 30 days. This gives you a window to change your mind, and if you decide you don’t want the America Auto Care warranty you won’t be out any money

America Auto Care plans

America Auto Care works with four administrators to find the right extended auto warranty for you. Each administrator has their own plans, ranging from the most basic powertrain to exclusionary plans, where almost everything is covered.

• Omega Auto Care provides three plans: Exclusionary, Used State and Powertrain Enhanced. Exclusionary offers the most extensive coverage, while Powertrain Enhanced is the most basic. Used State is designed to work well for older cars.
  • Royal Administration Services offers four plans through America Auto Care: Ultimate, Premium, Preferred and Primary. Ultimate coverage is similar to bumper-to-bumper coverage. The Primary plan is close to a powertrain plan. The other plans fall somewhere in the middle, with Premium offering more coverage than Primary.
  • The Element has five available plans. The Headstart plan is the most basic and affordable plan. Powertrain Plus and Enhanced Powertrain offer a step up in coverage. These plans are typically available for cars with higher mileage. The fourth plan is Stated Component, which offers the second most coverage. The Exclusionary plan is the most expensive but also the most comprehensive. Expect near complete coverage with the Exclusionary Plan.
  • CarGuard’s five plans, from most to least coverage, are Platinum Plus, Gold Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain. The Powertrain plans offer less coverage but are cheaper and available for older cars. The Platinum plans have the most coverage at a higher cost and are less likely to be available for older vehicles.

America Auto Care coverage

America Auto Care will cover repairs if they are made at an ASE-certified repair facility. These repair facilities are present throughout the United States and Canada, meaning an America Auto Care extended auto warranty can cover you even while you’re traveling. America Auto Care’s roadside assistance can help you if you’re stranded, including towing you to the nearest repair facility. You’ll just need to provide a copy of your contract at the repair facility, and America Auto Care will pay for the repair, minus your deductible. You can also call America Auto care customer service with any questions you have.

Many America Auto Care plans are transferable, meaning they can be transferred to another owner if the vehicle is sold. This can help boost the value of your vehicle.

Do we recommend America Auto Care?

We recommend America Auto Care to consumers looking for a wide range of available plans. Low deductibles, as low as $50, are another good selling point. Because you can transfer most plans if you sell your car, you don’t need to worry about buying an extended auto warranty needlessly. The extended auto warranty will add value to your car. Reviewers also praise their America Auto Care’s friendly service. For all these reasons, we recommend America Auto Care.

America Auto Care Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 29, 2019

I needed something to cover my truck. It's still new, but I drive a lot of miles. It's a 2015 and it already had 130,000 miles on it, so I needed something just in case something happened. I had went with CarShield, and then I had lost my job, so I had to cancel with them. And then, the company that I lost my job with decided they shouldn't let me go, so they hired me back, so I had to find another warranty provider. And America Auto Care called me and I talked to the guy and signed up. I got the Platinum coverage.

I had good interaction with the sales rep from America Auto Care. I had talked to several people before, and with this guy, it was different. All the people I've talked to before were pushy. I don't respond well to being pushed. But he talked differently, and his demeanor was completely different from what I dealt with in the past. Most of the time, I just hang up. But with this guy, for some reason, I didn't hang up with him. I kept listening to what he had to say. I would recommend America Auto Care to friends. So far, my experience has been great.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm the second owner of my Hyundai car which is supposed to have ten years or 100,000 miles factory warranty. I didn’t know that the rest of the warranty is not transferred over to me so instead of me having ten years and this is only in 2013, I only had about a year and a half on it. I was pissed when I found out because I had a thing needed to be replaced.

I needed an extended warranty because these things are too expensive to pay for out of pocket. The car is turbocharged so I wanted something that was gonna cover my engine if something went wrong and everything that the normal factory would cover. I did a Google search and ended up calling and getting quotes from about three different people and after looking at their numbers, America Auto Care was pretty much the cheapest at the time. The warranty covers the suspension to the ball joints except for the brakes which is normal wear and tear. They also told me that if I would have paid this whole thing off in three years instead of for the whole five years continuous, I won't have to pay anything for a remaining couple of years on it.

When I called about the situation with my coil pack going out, the guy was very pleasant and took his time with me. I appreciated that. He looked the information up from my phone number and other stuff that I gave him and didn’t give me any issues. He told me exactly what to do and he was more than helpful. Since I didn’t have my card with me, I pulled my information up online with my number. I showed the young lady at the desk my number from America Auto Care and they took care of everything on their own. Everybody has been pleasant and has taken the time to explain everything when I call in. They didn’t give anybody a hassle when I dropped the car off the next day and had to give them the information.

The only thing I didn’t understand was that they couldn’t replace all of the coil packs and just cover it instead of me having to go back and pay a $100 deductible every time the next two go. Hyundai warranty replaces all of that at one time although they wouldn’t cover it. Other than that, everything else is lovely and excellent experience. I don’t wanna have something go wrong but when it does, I know it’s not gonna be a hassle to get it fixed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Mainly, I was looking to cover the expensive things like the engine, the transmission, and the larger items in the auto coverage plan for my Nissan. I checked at least five auto coverage companies and I liked the customer service of America Auto Care. The rep that I originally talked to seemed like he genuinely wanted my business, instead of just saying, "This is the plan. Take it or leave it." He worked with me on my coverage plan. At one point, I thought they were a little high on the cost, but they come down on it. They gave me a military discount and nobody else had offered that at all, even if I already told them that I was a disabled vet on a fixed income. America Auto Care was the only one that seemed to care and I appreciate that.

I just started the coverage right before I paid the vehicle off and so far my experience with them has been excellent. But when I originally signed up, I had a problem with the warranty card on my car and I called them. The little chip had gone out on the card and I had forgotten to change it, so I had to get a new card and number. They charged me $10 just to change the card number and I didn’t understand that part. But other than that, I'm okay with America Auto Care. They're great and I've enjoyed being with them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I used America Auto Care on my Cadillac Escalade but I sold my Escalade and dropped the services that I had with them. When I bought the Audi, I got back with America Auto Care and they’ve been great. I was just looking for a warranty, but then they had a lot of other perks that made it worth the money that I spend, and that really made me wanna come back to them, such as the roadside assistance. Also, if I need an oil change, I could go in and they would cover it. The young man I spoke to at America Auto Care was very knowledgeable and polite. I asked him to give me five minutes since my wife called and he held the line. By doing that, he was telling me that he cherished my business. That gave me a great impression about him and for the company that he works with. The coverage he gave me was bumper-to-bumper which includes all the components.

The young lady I called told me not to worry and that they would send a tow truck to pick up my vehicle. That’s good customer service that any business doesn’t have anymore. I’m on my way back to Houston tomorrow and I’ll probably add two more cars through America Auto Care. If America Auto Care could send me some business cards out, so I can pass along to other friends of mine with Audi vehicles, that would be great because the business that'll be generated from them, by my experience, go along with it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have an older truck and I wanted to get more warranty on it. I looked at three different companies and I decided to go with America Auto Care. They sent me an email and they offered an extended part of their warranty. I liked that they give a bit of a discount and return you some money on oil changes and brakes. They also do a bumper-to-bumper warranty and there wasn’t any underlining print. Plus, they had towing and rental car included in the package.

Other than that, the rep I talked to was not aggressive and was cool about everything. He wasn’t pushy and he knew quite a bit about my truck. He also said that the electric motor and the doors are gonna be going and it was nice that he knew a little about the rig and what to look for. He was thorough, really knowledgeable on aftercare, and wanted to make sure there weren’t any aftermarket items on the truck. He took my mileage verbatim and told me that they could pull a Carfax on my truck. So if my maintenance wasn't up to date, they were able to verify it. I knew that getting the warranty was gonna be an expense, but I was pleasantly surprised about the price that I got from America Auto Care. I didn’t have money straight upfront but they made the warranty affordable for me and worked it into my budget. I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

America Auto Care called me and the price was right. I’m on disability and they helped me out. The customer service reps had a lot of patience with me. They were very nice and I had no problems with them. There was a lady, Samantha, who was wonderful. I explained to her my condition and she worked with me with the price that was better for me to pay. It was a great experience with America Auto Care.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I like America Auto Care and compared to others, they are cheaper for what they cover. My interaction with their reps was very good, too.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was looking for an extended coverage plan that if I needed repairs done, I could get them. America Auto Care’s reps were nice and they seemed like they understood my situation that I was retired and on a fixed income, and they gave me a good deal on it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

America Auto Care called me 'cause my payment that was on AutoPay didn't go through. My life was hacked, and I had to close down all my accounts. At the time, I didn't even know I had their warranty on my 2011 BMW. Their reps proceeded to help me and sent a booklet to tell me what kind of coverage I had. I interacted well with them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I was looking to get a warranty on a vehicle, and America Auto Care's rates were a little better. The only disappointment that I had was that I had a problem with my vehicle and I had bumper-to-bumper to cover it, and they didn’t cover it. They just covered the repair. When I got an oil change, they told me that I may want to take it to the dealer for a check-up ‘cause I have a leak. I had to schedule the appointment and the only opening that they had was a week later. So, I drove my car a week later when I took it to the appointment. They had to put a dye in it to find out where the leak was coming from, and they rescheduled me for the following week.

When I took it back, they said that I had driven the vehicle with the leak and they didn’t cover it. I drove it back and forth to work, but it didn’t damage my vehicle. I didn’t understand why they didn’t cover that, and it cost me $2,700. When I went to the dealer, they told me to drive it so that I could come back and they could see where it was at. So, I was just following instructions. They ended up denying it because they said that when I found out from where I got my oil change that I had a leak, I should’ve had it towed to the dealer right away. If that was a serious problem, the dealer wouldn’t have told me that they gotta put the dye in it, drive it and then bring it back because this is where the leak was coming from. I'm still paying for America Auto Care and I'm really dissatisfied with them.

America Auto Care Company Information