4.38/5
Based on 131 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 2, 2018

171 America Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was looking for an extended warranty company and I looked at a couple of them before I chose American Auto Care. I’ve seen some reviews on certain sites and there was no problem with American Auto Care so I didn’t hesitate. I got an after-market warranty on my vehicle. Their reps were very nice and professional. I had no problems with them. They were very clear when they explained the service to me so there was no hesitation. They said they were eventually going to give me a free oil change.

Hi Michael,

We are so pleased to hear what a great experience you had. Our team works very hard to make sure you are well taken care of. Remember if you have any questions our Customer Service team is also available for you. Again Michael we thank you for your kind words.

- America Auto Care

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

A friend of mine had the same America Auto Care plan and recommended it. It covers the engine, the transmission and the main parts of the car. America Auto Care has the same coverage as the two others I checked out, but have a better price. Their reps were very explanatory in guiding me through it. They told me what my coverage would be, about the idea of having protection on my plan, and about the fact that it expires so I would need to get one with someone else. It was nice that they walked me through it. They understand me and they happened to be a good fit with no problems.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I received an email from America Auto Care and started talking to them. I wanted a coverage plan that covers my engine and drive train for as long as I could. I looked into a couple of other companies and America Auto Care was a bit cheaper than the others. I got their 100,000 miles coverage and the rep knew what he was talking about. They were friendly, too. Like with mine, my friends or family member would be insured for almost 200,000 miles and it would be a decent bargain.

Hello John,

We are excited to hear from you. Thank you for such kind words. Our team is pretty dedicated, They work very hard to ensure they find you the best fit for your need. We are happy to see you got exactly what you were looking for. Again John thank you!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Buying the warranty itself it was a good experience. The America Auto Care rep talked to me about what they would and what they wouldn’t cover. The entire radio system of my car sometimes cuts off. There's no volume in it so I took it back to the dealership. I said I had paid it back to them before and they claim that they didn’t have any records of it. Then they claimed that America Auto Care does not want to do anything in terms of covering it. I don’t think it has anything to do with the warranty. I think it's the dealership itself and I just haven’t gone back to them. Other than that, I have recommended AAC and I'd tell friends to consider them for the extended warranty portion of it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

America Auto Care called on the phone and made all kinds of promises on what their service would do. But when I got ready to use the service, the service didn't cover what they said it was going to and it's a shame. I spoke to them about it but they put me on hold and never came back. They never addressed the issue and so I canceled their service right away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I looked at extending my warranty so I put in an inquiry online and got so many calls. America Auto Care also called me and I went with them being the first one after asking all the questions. Their rep who I spoke to was good but I didn’t understand when we were talking about all the coverage, the electrical stuff, and what are not included, because I'm not really a mechanic. Maybe they can have somebody call me because the only other question that didn't get answered was that they would manage the computer system but not the DVD and the radio. Still, customer service is okay.

Hi Shelley,

We are happy you chose us for your extended auto warranty. I did see you had a few questions, I saw that one of our customer service team members reached out to you last week. I hope all your questions were answered. If you have any more please call us. Again Shelley thank you for your kind words!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had already signed up for an extended warranty on my car, but America Auto Care called and gave me a better price on a hundred thousand mile extended warranty on my 2011 vehicle. They got within 30 days of me signing up and we just canceled the other one. They gave me a better down payment and a cheaper monthly payment for the same term. They also offered four oil changes over the life of my vehicle, but I haven’t seen the certificates for them yet. I’d recommend them.

Hi Gary,

We are thrilled that our team was able to help you find a better policy. They work very hard to ensure you are well taken care of. I see you haven't received your policy booklet. I had that mailed to you today. But please check your email as well, I sent you an online login as well. Gary thank you for all your kind words and we are happy to have you as part of our family here.

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was looking for auto care, a maintenance for my vehicle in case something happened. America Auto Care had a better deal and they gave me more mileage per year. Their rep was attentive, courteous, helpful and understanding. We had an excellent conversation and he explained everything in-depth. They also gave me a contact so if I need or had any questions, I can call them back. I got the Powertrain, the engine, the transmission, electrical and air conditioning coverage which is helpful for the maintenance.

Hi Carlos,
We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our team members take pride in their work, and being attentive, courteous, helpful and understanding it's part of the requirement here at America Auto Care. Again you can call us with any questions or needs you may have, even if its just a quick hello our customer service team is here to help.

Thank you Carlos!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I wanted an auto coverage plan that would cover everything in my vehicle as much as possible. And that’s the plan I thought I bought from one of America Auto Care’s agents who called me. The way the guy talked to me, I felt like he was a specialist and that I was being told the truth. I was told that they’d cover everything in my truck from nuts, bolts, powertrain, transmission, transfer case, engine, rear axle, front axle, the lug nuts, the power windows to power everything. They said the only things they don’t cover are windshield wipers, tires, breaks, fluid, oil and then inner freeze. I also chose them because of their rate.

However, when I went to use the auto care because some of the u-bolts of my truck in the back axle were stripped and were coming out, they said they didn’t cover that, they only covered the powertrain. My truck was taken to Les Schwab, they got it fixed, and then I went ahead and paid cash for it. So, I’m not too happy with the America Auto Care program that I was sold because I was told one thing and then sold another. And I’ve been saddled with work and haven’t had time to reach out to them about it. I purchased another auto care through another place and the rep said if it would help to purchase this new one, he would help me get America Auto Care cancelled and get my money back. America Auto Care was a $1,000 cheaper than the other one I purchased. The other company’s guy hasn’t done what he said so I’ve been cancelling America Auto Care and paying for the last few months. They’re still taking money out of my account.

Hi Guadalupe,

We are glad we were able to assist you with your policy. We are happy you have decided to stay with America Auto Care. As you can see our customer service team is here for you 100%. Our job is to make sure we help you in any way possible. We want to thank you again and feel free to call anytime, so that we may best assist you.

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

When America Auto Care’s rep kept calling me, I finally decided to sit and listen to her. She was persistent, very nice and patient with me. She said the normal warranty on my car, the brakes, oil change and all of that were not covered, but my other stuff is covered under their warranty. She went to explain it to me in detail of everything that is going on with it. She let me know exactly that if we're getting the policy in September, we're not able to use it until November. She drew me in so I decided to get their policy. It was a wonderful experience talking to her and America Auto Care made me feel real comfortable about purchasing their item. I’d recommend them.

Hi Ella,

Thank you for such a great review. Our team here at America Auto Care work very hard to make sure our customers are #1. We understand this process can be stressful and that's why we strive to make it as smooth as possible, and it looks like we succeeded. Thank you again Ella!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My bumper to bumper was expiring at the time. It had 12,000 miles left and being an intelligence officer in the military, I'm very much about being prepared for the unknown and the things you cannot control. So, I was looking to cover my vehicle since it no longer was going to be under the factory warranty. The people I've talked with who work at America Auto Care maintained professionalism. The gentleman I spoke to seemed to be very helpful and he seemed knowledgeable about the coverage.

I spoke to him while I was at work so I was trying to get it done and make sure I had some coverage at the time based on the condition he gave me. I was asking about things being covered like the chassis and the transmission and the fact that I've been in a situation once before where I had a hybrid vehicle and although the hybrid engine is a battery and they cover batteries, I had to get my USAA military insurance to cover the damage that one of the floods had caused. He answered my questions diligently with informative answers and I'm assuming that what he told me was accurate.

When I worked in hurricane Katrina, a lot of people found out that they didn’t really have flood insurance. Lots of times, that's the thing that's actually scary about it. So I'm hoping I really never have to use the insurance because I haven't really read what it does and doesn’t cover. There's always that fine print that tell you they don't cover certain things. I haven't had to use it because all I'm doing is paying for the hope that I never have to use it but so far, I've enjoyed the car and appreciated the service I've had.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was looking for an extended warranty for the best price and America Auto Care did that for the same coverage and less price. Their representative was pleasant, nice and not pressured. I told her that I already had coverage through another company and she said, "Well, what did they quote you?" I told her and she said, "I can do better than that." She saved me $1,000 for the same thing and I'm content.

Hi Loreen,

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. It's no secret we have the hardest and most dedicated team, and hearing experiences like yours just conforms this. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to doing business with you.

- America Auto Care.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I wanted a front to back coverage just like what my manufacturer offered. I called the manufacturer and they weren't interested which was mind-boggling. I did a little research on the internet and America Auto Care seemed more reputable. The purchasing process was great and straightforward, and I hope everything they said is true. The reps knew what they were talking about, and they have always been very easy to work with. America Auto Care did what they said they were going to do, and so far it is good.

Hi Russell,

We are over the moon you chose us to help assist you in this process. It's amazing to hear that your experience was great! I know our team members love hearing from our customers, and it lets them know all their hard work is paying off. Russell we thank you!

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I knew about America Auto Care because somebody phoned me and I had an excellent conversation with their representative. They were knowledgeable and they helped me find the insurance I was looking for. I ended up going with American Auto Care because of their price. I would recommend them.

Hi Jorge,

We are glad you had time to talk to us when we called. It's great to hear your experience was excellent! Our team members will be ecstatic to hear how they helped you in this process. It means the most to us that would recommend us to others, That is the biggest form of flattery. Oh shucks now i'm blushing a little. America Auto Care want's to thank you for your business Jorge.

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was impressed enough with the person I worked with from America Auto Care to take the warranty. I liked the coverage that he explained to me.

Hi Alpha,

Thank you for your kind words. We are quite impressed with our team here as well. We'll be sure to let them know what an impact they had helping you find coverage that fit what you were looking for. Again Alpha we thank you for choosing America Auto Care.

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I got an auto warranty from America Auto Care a couple of months ago because I needed it for my BMW. I read their disclosures in terms of the agreement and it seemed good to me. My interactions with their reps have been good so far. They've been professional.

Hello Jorplee,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to have you as a part of our family. It's wonderful to hear how well our customer service team has helped you. We think they are pretty spectacular too. Remember if you ever have questions please call us. Again Jorplee thank you!

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I've gotten coverage for my XY BMW from America Auto Care. I put it in because if something happens out on the road it’s on it. America Auto Care has a hundred-dollar deductible. However, my other insurance company was better because they covered everything.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. We are thrilled you put your trust in us to help find coverage for your vehicle. If you have any questions pertaining to your policy please reach out to our customer service team. I personally think they are undercover super heroes.... but shh don't tell anyone! Again Juan we appreciate you!

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We were looking for a plan that would take care of our maintenance and warranties on different parts of our car. My husband Larry went with America Auto Care without checking around and he had a good experience with them. The warranty was valuable. If you have some coverage on your car and if something goes wrong with it and you don’t necessarily have that kind of money, you can still have your car fixed.

Hi Willamina,

We are tickled pink Larry found us and he had a great experience. We are proud of our team for providing your husband with excellent customer service. It's what we strive for. So again we want to thank you and your husband for your business!

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was looking for full coverage for my vehicle. I got some other quotes that were higher and America Auto Care's price was more reasonable. I told their rep that I wasn’t interested if it was not going to be a fixed price and he said they could do the full bumper to bumper and everything that I wanted for the price that I paid. He was professional and my experience with the company has been good so far.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had an auto coverage that came with my car, but I was looking for an extended one. I signed up for something online, and America Auto Care called me. The setup was good and quick and the representative was clear and detailed about what the coverage is covering. And I got the one that covers anything except the headlights. I hope they had more contact information for them. And I still haven’t received any package yet. I have the policy number, but I don’t have the coverage card. But other than that, my experience has been good so far.

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I saw that you a concern about not receiving your policy booklet. I went ahead and emailed you a digital login with link, so be sure to check your email at the end of the day. We are excited that you chose us to help assist you in this process. And if there is anything else we ca do for you please call us. Thank you again Eric.

- America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Since I just got my truck, I felt I would need a warranty for it. I got the full coverage from America Auto Care for 150,000 miles although it wasn’t what I was trying to get. I just wanted the full coverage as far as on the drivetrain and the engine transmission. I was impressed with the way the rep brought the offer toward me as far as what the company is and what the company could do for me. He was a little direct but he was good at what he did and he was a really nice guy. He answered everything that I needed to be answered. The experience was pleasant and everything was excellent. The customer service has real knowledge of what they’re talking about and it would be a good opportunity for others to give America Auto Care a call and try them out.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

America Auto Care called me with a good plan and it sounded like it was all planned out. When they read the plan, though, they were rather lengthy about it. Other than that, the plan I got seemed to fit it pretty well.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I needed some warranty on my vehicle and I was looking for coverage on the major parts. I asked America Auto Care questions about their plans so I would know more about it and what I'd be getting and they were fairly good in answering them. They answered all my questions. I had questions about whether if something happens would they cover the whole thing or not and they said, "Well, we're not going to pay this claim out because this is this." That's why I was trying to sign up.

I had to call back and I got somebody else and asked them the same questions about it because in the back of mind I was like if something happens and then I file a claim and then they deny it. I got their plan where everything is covered. They explained that if I get over 100,000 miles everything is covered. My vehicle now has 93,000 miles.

Hi Derrick,

We are please that our team members were able to assist you in this process. We understand that sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming, but that is why our team is highly trained to answer any questions you may have. We are very proud of them for working so hard to give you excellent customer service.Thank you Derrick for your kind words. I'll be sure to share with the team.

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The current maintenance I have will expire next week and I signed up for America Auto Care and I extended my maintenance program. It's been a couple of months now and it was a good experience. The price was very reasonable for the product. The person I spoke to over the phone was very knowledgeable and he was not pushy. He didn't put any pressure on the signup for the large amount. We wasted different options that I could take to lower the cost and it kind of worked with me. I have a zero deductible and I will highly recommend America Auto Care.

Hi Morris,

Wow! we're blown away by your review. Thank you for allowing us to help you in this process. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. It's no secret we have the hardest working and most dedicated team ever! Again Morris thank you for being a part of our family.

-America Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

America Auto Care called us and we’ve been with them for three months now. Whenever I speak to anyone on the phone, it has been fine and there are no issues. Although I expected more coverage when I filed a claim with them, it was a smooth experience.

Hi Afolabi,

We are so pleased your experience was smooth. Our team works very hard to make sure you get excellent customer service. We thank you for your kind words and business. We are happy to have you as part of our family!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I went online and looked for an extended auto care program. I was looking for affordability and I’m a single parent, so I need to make sure that I have protection as I need to avoid the cost of repairs. I’ve contacted other companies, but I just liked the friendliness and the way America Auto Care representatives talked to me and assured me that I was getting the protection I needed. They were very professional. I would highly recommend this company. I had a wonderful experience with them and this program is something that would be very beneficial.

Hello Rosita,
Thank you for choosing us here at America Auto Care! Your words are so kind. We are thrilled to hear that our team provided you with amazing customer service. I secretly think they have super powers! but you didn't hear that from me...
We hope the kids are doing well, and we are excited to have you as a part of our family.

Thank you Rosita!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

America Auto Care reps were courteous and answered my questions. I got an extended coverage plan for my car and I'm very satisfied with the experience so far.

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate all of your kind words. Customer service is our main focus here, and your review lets us know how hard our team is working. again Bonnie thank you!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was looking for some coverage for my vehicle, and America Auto Care seemed to be more reasonable than the others. I signed up to get the auto coverage plan when they called me, and it was easy. The sales associate, who was the only person that I’ve dealt with, was very nice.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team works very hard to ensure you are given the best customer service! We are happy to see they were able to help you get the best coverage for your vehicle. We are thrilled to have you as a part of our family!

- America Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was looking for some extra auto coverage to add to my vehicle so it can be right off the price. There were two other companies I looked into but the salesperson from America Auto Care came up with good offers and broke down the specific plan for me. My auto coverage basically covers everything. For the first year it covered brakes and something else that other companies wouldn't cover. My experience with America Auto Care has been perfect thus far.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the kind review. Our team works very hard to make sure they provide the best customer service. It's great to hear they are going above and beyond. We're glad you are happy with the coverage on your vehicle. Again David thank you for your kind words.

- America Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I’ve got a 2008 Acadian which doesn’t have a lot of miles on it and I know a lot of people who've had a lot of problems with their car. I talked to America Auto Care to sign up and they were pretty knowledgeable. They sent me a whole pamphlet and something to carry in my car in case I need to use them. The routine type stuff won’t be covered but the more expensive things are. I had a pretty good experience with them.

America Auto Care Company Information

americaautocare.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use