InterContinental Warranty Company

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got off luck so far. My problem cost me the $113 that should have been covered. My credit union offered the useless policy and I agreed to adding the $1,399 cost to my loan. Called IWS and asked if there was a repair shop that I should go to. Was told "no, go to any licensed repair shop in your area." So I went to the repair shop near me that I have used before and is well respected in my area. Bill was $113 but now turns out that they are not an "approved" shop.

Repair was to fix a broken wire but IWS claims they don't cover "physical" damage and refer me to VIII section C. Complained to customer service rep, and manager. Now they are going to pay in bad press on that I am going to generate everywhere I can think, of hope I can create more than twice $113 worth. Since credit union would not back me, and as they were the agent, their site will have a review not to let them sell you this bad policy,

Notice that American Bankers Insurance is the underwriter. They will hear from me. Plan on getting in touch with the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce in their home city. Trying to get wife to let me file a small claim court case even as filing fee is more than the bill. If I lost, which I don't think I would, they would have to appear and that would cost them time and travel.

I have had several policies with IWS over the past few years. With my last policy I had an intake manifold replaced which was fully covered and I had no deductible which was nice. I was in a rental car for a few days and had to have my truck towed to the dealer - all covered under my platinum coverage. The only issue was the dealership telling me they called in the claim when they hadn't. Had to go back and forth a little but that was completely my service advisor's fault. He pretty much sucked.

Purchased policy (12 months/12,000 miles powertrain). Company failed to cover repairs with point of failure under warranty. Purchased policy in November 2013 on used car with 108,000 miles (12 months/12,000 miles powertrain warranty). Experienced complete engine failure in June 2014. Warranty company had vehicle towed to AAMCO in Orlando, FL. with 113,000 miles.

AAMCO diagnosed engine and reported rear rocker arm failure in motor causing complete engine failure, AAMCO stated a new engine was necessary. Intercontinental Warranty Services (IWS) directed AAMCO to tear down engine to point of failure. AAMCO stated this was unnecessary and they could see point of failure if IWS sent a tech. IWS refused and ordered tear down. I authorized 7.5 hours of labor for tear down.

AAMCO broke down engine to point of failure. IWS directed them to tear the engine down even further, I was forced to authorize an additional 7.5 hours of labor or tear down, 15 hours total now. AAMCO completed further tear down and requested IWS send out a tech, IWS refused and ordered they build the engine back up partially and take measurements. I was forced to authorize an additional 4 hours of labor, 19 hours of labor total.

AAMCO provided IWS with measurements, IWS sent a tech to AAMCO on October 10th. IWS informed me failure was due to a missing rear #3 thrust bearing in the engine that was never there, stated it must have been removed during a repair prior to my purchase of the vehicle and never replaced and IWS does not cover missing parts. AAMCO and several other mechanics reported this is incorrect, this part is mechanically necessary for the engine to operate and there is no way I would have been able to drive the car without that part. AAMCO reported the part was probably damaged/destroyed when rocker arm/drive shaft failed. IWS stated there was no indication of damage whatsoever in that area of the engine.

When I spoke to IWS, I provided them with facts surrounding that part and numerous ASE certified mechanics reporting the engine would instantaneously fail without that part and I appealed the claim. IWS reviewed claim and contacted me hours later to report there was miscommunication and the part was there, however, a main bearing was in place where the thrust bearing should be. I challenged their ability to identify this as the point of failure and IWS stated damage to the area where the thrust bearing should be indicated that was the point of failure. This contradicted their previous statements that there was no damage to that area whatsoever and the part was missing and never there.

I reviewed statements made to AAMCO shop owner and lead mechanic and both stated IWS reported the part was missing and was not there for an extended period of time. AAMCO challenges this diagnosis and reports all bearings are correct undamaged and in place the point of failure is excessive play in the rear rocker arm causing drive shaft failure. IWS is attempting every scenario they can to deny a claim, they are lawfully bound by contract to honor by backtracking, changing statements and changing cause of failure. I requested a copy of the denial report be sent to me on 10/13 which I was told would be sent to me immediately. To date, I have received no correspondence from IWS.

IWS has left me with 19 hours of excessive unnecessary labor from tear down on a claim they never intended to honor, 4 months of damages from not having a vehicle for 4 months missed work, loan/insurance payments and to pay out of pocket for a new engine. IWS has changed their reason for denying the claim when challenged on the real world validity of their denial claim and has provided no evidence to me that the thrust bearing was the point of failure/wrong part. They have also refused to cooperate with AAMCO's requests to prove that as a point of failure and show them which bearing they were initially claiming was missing and now are claiming is the wrong part.

Since initially submitting my complaint against IWS, I have been afforded a copy of the inspection report, along with photos and supporting documents from IWS. Among these supporting documents was a CarFax that IWS is claiming as evidence that work had been done on the engine prior to my purchasing the vehicle. The CarFax clearly displays the vehicle report to be for a 2008 Mini Cooper, my vehicle is a 2008 Acura TL. Actions like this taken by IWS lead me to believe they are trying to be deceptive in convincing me their reason for denying my claim is a legitimate denial along the terms of their contract.

Ms.** stated, "There is no thrust bearing on the #3 main bearing. There is no evidence that the thrust bearing was installed in the engine. From the inspection it appears that a main bearing was used in place of a thrust bearing from a previous repair. The main and thrust bearings are similar shape - both are u-shaped and will fit in the same space. The difference is the thrust bearing has a raised edge on it that holds the crankshaft in place. In this case, since a main bearing was in place of the thrust bearing, the crankshaft would move and would cause damage to the timing belt and guides."

IWS has consistently stated that the #3 main bearing is not supposed to be in place where it was in my engine, as Ms. ** noted. This is completely incorrect. The #3 bearing is a main bearing, extended U shaped, identical to the 3 other bearings in the engine. The only difference is, the #3 main bearing is supposed to be supported by two thrust bearings on either side of the main bearings (completely separate parts that are designed and appear nothing like a main bearing). These thrust bearings are commonly referred to as thrust washers as they are very thin sheets of metal and provide the same function a typical washer would in maintaining stability. Clearly, it is physically impossible for a main bearing to fit in the place of a thrust bearing. Without these thrust bearings in place, the crank shaft would have violently moved bi-laterally causing heavy damage to the internal components of the engine and near immediate failure. Consultation with multiple master mechanics has confirmed that my vehicle would have operated for no more than 10 miles and engine seizure would occur with minutes of driving.

Ms. ** stated, "The vehicle can and did operate temporarily while the main bearing was in the place of the thrust bearing, but it caused the failure within a few thousand miles." I purchased the vehicle in November of 2013 with 108,651 miles. My engine failed in June 2013 with 113,405 miles. I do not consider a period of 7 months to represent a "temporary" period of vehicle operation, nor do I consider 4,754 miles to a "few thousand" miles. My vehicle operated for a sustained period of time for close to 5,000 miles. Any mechanic will advise you that it is impossible for a vehicle to operate for that length of time and for that distance with missing thrust bearings.

Ms. ** stated, "Mr. ** authorized the vehicle to be towed to the repair facility of his choice, being AAMCO located in Orlando, FL. They diagnosed the vehicle and stated that a new engine was necessary. Mr. ** approved the tear down of the engine by the repair facility." Upon engine failure and contacting IWS, I expressed concerns with having my vehicle towed to this repair facility due to repairs taking longer than usual in the past, as well as this being the third incident in which my vehicle had experienced a mechanical issue. I was advised by IWS claims representative "Aneesha" that if I did not have my vehicle towed to this location IWS would not fund the tow and IWS would not authorize any repairs due to the fact that failure could have occurred due to improper repairs by AAMCO and some of the parts may still be covered under warranty by AAMCO. My vehicle was not towed to the repair facility of my choice, IWS made it clear I had no choice but to authorize a tow to this facility.

Upon review of the inspection report, the independent contractor specifically noted, "The inspector cannot determine if the engine had been disassembled in the past. Undetermined cause of engine failure and missing thrust bearing." I am very interested to know how IWS is determining that these thrust bearings were removed from a previous engine repair when a review of a CarFax on my vehicle (purchased personally) indicates there is no record of engine being disassembled in the past, as well as IWS' independent contractor noting he is unable to determine if the engine had been disassembled in the past. The independent contractor even notes an "undetermined cause of missing thrust bearing". There are many scenarios that could have lead to the cause of the missing thrust bearings. My engine is currently completely disassembled in a manner that it cannot be broken down any further.

Upon visiting AAMCO, I observed my engine broken down into approximately 45 different components located in cardboard boxes placed all around the area of my vehicle. These thrust bearings could have been easily misplaced or fallen out of the engine onto the floor when the main bearings were dislodged during breakdown (while this would be no fault of IWS, I did not want my vehicle towed to this shop but was advised if I didn't IWS would not fund a tow or repair). The thrust bearings could have been damaged during engine failure and dropped into the oil pan that was subsequently drained and discarded upon engine breakdown. IWS is simply choosing the scenario that is most convenient for them to deny the claim.

While I understand that I am the only person who can authorize an engine tear down to the repair facility, I was left no choice but to authorize these hours of labor. IWS stated numerous times they would not fund a repair unless the engine was completely disassembled. Had IWS not been involved in this repair, the diagnosis would have taken 3 hours of labor total. There should be checks and balances when it comes to tear downs and diagnosis by a warranty company so a customer is not left responsible for 15 hours of additional unnecessary labor. As I originally stated in my complaint, IWS has provided no evidence that there has been previous repairs conducted on my engine that would determine the thrust bearings were removed and not replaced. It is impossible that my vehicle would have operated 7 months and 4,754 miles without thrust bearings in place.

The independent contractor hired by IWS to evaluate my engine stated he was unable to determine if my engine had been disassembled in the past, unable to determine a cause of the missing thrust bearings. If a certified mechanic (IWS contractor) physically on-site with my vehicle is unable to determine this, how is IWS able to come to these conclusions from Boca Raton, FL when my vehicle is in Orlando, FL and deny my claim for this reason? IWS extended a warranty offer to me knowing they were covering a used high mileage vehicle. They had no problem accepting payment for the policy, but fail to honor their contract when repairs are needed. IWS is providing no evidence backing their claims that previous work was done on the engine resulting in the removal and failure to replace thrust bearings, they are only theorizing which is ineffective. How can IWS come to the determination that this is the case and that the thrust bearings were not destroyed during engine failure (which is a common occurrence in Acura TL resistance engines).

IWS offer to resolve this complaint with a $689 refund is unacceptable. The cost of a new engine and labor is approximately $5,500. I have also incurred financial damages for the 5 month period I have been without a vehicle having to make loan payments, car insurance payments, loss of work hours when I had no transportation to work and having to pay for a rental vehicle out of pocket. A used vehicle warranty is supposed to protect you from these damages. If IWS is in the business of covering used vehicles then a complete comprehensive inspection should be done prior to offering a warranty on a vehicle. Otherwise, incidents such as mine are just bad for business.

The dealership advised me that the bellows on my brake booster was beginning to fail, and they advised this is a covered item under my extended warranty. Once they made the repairs, IWS advised that since the booster had not 100% failed, this was not covered. This begun the fight. I had to speak with the customer representative as I was not allowed to speak with the actual claims adjuster who was working the file, went to the supervisor and finally the claims supervisor. They did not want to accept a written description from the dealership as to what had happened.

After advising that I was prepared to file a DOI complaint on them and after a month of follow ups with them and the dealership, they agreed to reimburse me; however they did not reimburse the full amount. They didn't bother to tell me they were reimbursing part of it when they called to tell me they were paying it. When asked why, they advised it was based on their review of the costs, and that they still didn't feel it was owed, but were paying any way. Their policy clearly outlines what is considered a mechanical breakdown of which a partial failure that is deemed to be failing by the manufacturer is a mechanical breakdown. Will never buy another warranty from them again. Bad customer service, they run you in circles, long hold times, everything they can do to get you to give up on your claim.

August 26, 2013, Vehicle was at Ford Dealership on Thursday evening. Electronic dash blanked out, noticed gas gauge on electronic part behaving. It seemed to be using a lot of gas very quickly . Was not the case. I filled it up, 19 on a 20-gallon tank .Then on start up, entire cluster went out. Everything on the dash read at zero although the car is running and well. Stopped it, turned it off it. Came back halfway then on return trip home back to normal (except steering column controls for the panel inoperative). Per IWS and reason I bought the policy was it did cover electronic components.

Monday Ford calls, says the repair will be $650 and change, not covered. I did not do the repair. I could not afford it. I had purchased through Central Florida Credit union $2500.00 give or take $25. Would not cover. It's an electrical part in the fuel tank that sends signals to the electronic component which is the dash. Told me not part of the fuel pump. Knew that answer was not covered. Electronics failing and they want not to cover it claiming part of a system they don't cover. Then it was Bad gas that had caused the failure and not covered any way but the bad gas by the way they did not test so that point is unproven by them and they are welcome to come and test the Gas. Glossed over, not covered. But it is part of the electronic dash that has sensors all over the vehicle and that had failed. They want to find a way not to cover something. I have the contract. Stay away from these guys at all cost. Now out $2800 for repair. I could afford and a front guy so apologetic and excuse after excuse and no mention of electronics which this is a part of without exclusion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Warranty Company?

Horrible horrible company. They approved a new starter, I had it installed, and then they said they were no longer going to approve it. They were very rude as well. The phone operators were like robots trained to know exactly what to say. DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY with this horrible company.

First, I would like to state that I am so dissatisfied with their service that I am going out of my way to write this review to warn people who may be considering IWS in the future. Even though I know my way around cars and work on my own vehicles, when I was offered this warranty for a higher mileage car I thought it sounded like a good deal at the time just for peace of mind. The brochure had this long list of parts that were covered and also listed a few it didn't cover. My warranty cost $1,200 for 1 year or 10,000 miles of coverage. I thought that was worth the peace of mind if something major went wrong. Luckily I didn't have to deal with these people for something major because the way they handled me for a 200 dollar fix was horrendous.

It started when 5 months after I purchased the car, my clutch pedal all of a sudden got a lot of play due to a leaking clutch master cylinder. This is a relatively common problem with the model of car I have and I can change it no problem. However, I thought to myself, why bother when I paid 1200 dollars for these things to be IWC's problem? While the clutch master cylinder itself wasn't listed to be covered OR uncovered, the brake master cylinder was and these two components are essentially the same thing. I knew they may or may not cover it but i wanted to call to find out. My first call to IWC was at 8pm on a Monday, within an hour of noticing, researching, and diagnosing the problem. They were closed. Ok, no big deal, I'll call back tomorrow. I call back the following morning and get a guy by the name of John. John answers the phone, "Thank you for calling IWS. This is John. Can you hold?" Mildly annoying, but ok, sure. 8 minutes later John takes my call.

I explain to him my situation and give him my contract number. John is oblivious to what a clutch master cylinder is, and seems annoyed that I would even call him. Nevertheless, John reads me what is covered, taking extra care to point out that the clutch assembly (reading me every component) is not covered and they will not cover the part. I then explain to John that a clutch master cylinder is NOT part of the clutch assembly and is essentially the same thing as a brake master cylinder which is covered. John then asks me if I'm currently having this issue with the car. I'm thinking to myself, "No, I just wanted to call and chat with you because you're such a pleasure to talk to," but I reply yes, I'm currently having this problem. John asks me to hold again. 5 minutes later John comes back and says you can take the car to certified shop to have them diagnose the problem. I reply, "So if they find it is the clutch master cylinder, will you all cover it?" John yet again places me on hold.

When he gets back he says, "So the clutch assembly is not covered." I again told him it is not part of the clutch assembly. At which point I was placed on hold... again. I'm irritated at this point. John gets back and says, "Well, I knew it wasn't covered because it wasn't listed, but I just confirmed it is not covered." So in other words, this guy told me to take my car to a shop knowing they weren't going to cover the bill. I said ok and ended the call with John. The fact that this guy told me to take my car to a shop knowing they wouldn't cover the bill is what really rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't know if they would cover my problem and wouldn't have been upset about it had I not spent 20 minutes to find out an answer from such an incompetent, rude customer service rep who clearly could care less if he wasted my time.

So, after getting off the phone with John, I decided to google the reviews of this place. That's when I found out I was not alone and this company makes money by scamming (perhaps a strong word but it's not far from it) people out of what they are contracted to do. After that, I come to the conclusion that this company is going to give me the run around for any claim I have to make so I'm going to cancel my warranty and cut my losses with them. So I call them again. I get a lady this time. She seems nicer than John but still not a very pleasant person to talk to. I ask this lady about canceling my warranty and give her my contract number. She casually tells me that I will receive the prorated amount back and that I must fill out some paper that she could either mail, fax or email me. She doesn't ask why I'm canceling, you could just tell she’s had that conversation many times before.

I inform her that I would like the paper emailed to me and give her my email address. So I'm done dealing with these people right? Wrong. I made that phone call at 11:30am Tuesday morning and at 1am Wednesday morning, I still have no email. So now I have to call these people again, when they're open of course, and probably deal with a rude guy placing me on hold, and hope this one actually sends me the paper. I just want to get my measly prorated 4xx dollars back from these people and chalk it up as a lesson learned. If anyone is reading this and wondering if you should consider a warranty through IWS, RUN. Don't bother. It sounds like a great deal, but based on my experience and the other reviews on this site they will give you the run around and don't care about a good customer experience in the least bit.

I have the worst experiences with this company. They are deceitful liars. They will tell you everything is covered except car fluids and brakes. As soon as an issue appears, the customer service will find anything possible to not cover the repairs. Example, I have seized caliper failures in my Lexus which was documented by Lexus of Rockville Centre on paper. Having horrible experiences with its extended warranty, I first called up InterContinental Warranty company and described my issue prior to visiting the dealership again. I was then told everything is covered except the brake pads. Perfect, you would think. Not perfect. After leaving my vehicle with Lexus, I later received a phone call from my service advisor telling me IWS will not cover the calipers because there is slight rust on it. Now, I am stuck with a $700 bill that should have been covered by my warranty.

If you have purchased a used car, stay away from this warranty. If it's determined by their standards that the vehicle had mechanical problems unknowing to you or Carfax’s, the warranty will not cover it. This warranty is a rip off and don't be misled by the credit unions. The small things the warranty cover does not add up to the dollar amount of the purchase price for this useless warranty. Save the thousands you will spend on this warranty for those unknowing mechanical expenses. Everything is pre-existing to them. MPD be aware!

I was convinced by the sales reps at Space Coast Credit Union that this warranty would be for the best. Needless to say, it was a waste of money. They don't send, update information, contact or even care that you have this policy. When I first called Space Coast Credit Union, they sent me to Member Services and the lady told me they had switched to Route 66. She gave me the number and after holding for 20 minutes, the rude lady at Route 66 (I would never recommend buying from them) told me to call Space Coast again.

I just directly called IWS and got another rude lady that acted like I was a complete hassle to her. She then informed me that my policy had expired a year ago, even though I'm still paying for my car. I'm upset at the fact that Space Coast, the people who sold me the warranty, never told me that my policy had expired or it was expiring. I know I made the mistake with purchasing the warranty. It was never used and I wasted a good $1,200 on the policy, but a nice notice about it expiring would have been nice.

I contacted IWS to authorize repairs for a customer’s A/C. The representative informed me the customer had to authorize teardown to determine the cause and extent of repairs. We had already told IWS that the compressor had locked up and required a new comp., drier, and exp. vlv. as well as flushing the system. IWS did not want to replace the drier and exp. vlv. stating also it is not necessary to r/r the drier, even though the compressor manufacturer requires it for warranty. Also, this is South Texas where the humidity is high. I told them we do not operate doing things halfway - it is the right way or not at all. They stated they would contact the contract holder to pick up their vehicle and take it somewhere else. I have contacted the vehicle owner and they feel the same as we do and are going to cancel their contract with IWS.

My son's truck, of which I am a co-owner, had an engine light come on. I checked the code and it called out an EGR valve. I called ICW in advance to make sure we were covered. The young lady said it was eligible for coverage, if that is what caused the engine light. I had it taken to the car dealer because a private shop wouldn't accept the warranty. After it was diagnosed that it did indeed need the EGR valve replaced, we were told that ICW wouldn't cover it. I called the company confused, spoke to the same young lady who repeated that the repair was eligible and said she would check the claim and call me back. I got a call from a gentleman, who informed me that the EGR valve was not a covered item on my policy. I asked why the young lady gave me the wrong information twice and he indicated it must have been the infamous misunderstanding!

Well I understood everything and the young lady understood everything. I think I understand it better now though. Buy a warranty from a new car dealership. They know which ones are good and which ones aren't. I bought one years ago and it paid for a new transmission, no questions asked. It wasn't ICW though. Good luck and I hope this helps you in your decision!

I took my wife's car into the shop because it was shifting funny. The certified Hyundai mechanic said he believed it to be a flywheel problem. I called IWC and the rep. said if it was the flywheel, the warranty would pay for it but if it was the clutch, they would not. I authorized the Hyundai dealership to tear it down so we would know for sure. The flywheel had broken. IWC sent an inspector out and he claims it was from abusive driving. The mechanic did not agree so here I am, left with a $2200 repair bill that this rip off company does not want pay. I only paid $1589 for this warranty that is absolutely not worth the paper it is written on. Therefore, I hereby recommend that you be very wary of these crooks and do not fall for their sales pitch. They suck!

I took the vehicle in due to the fact the voltage meter kept coming on. The dealership couldn't find the problem. After 2 days, it kept coming on several times. The dealer finally found the problem in the alternator charging system. They called the company and gave them a repair order #. The problem was fixed with no delay. All I had to pay was my deductible of $100. Vehicle is fixed. Thanks.

My complaint is towards Intercontinental Warranty Services, Inc (IWS) to repair or replace my engine and water pump damage as stated in my extended warranty coverage contract. My car only has two more payments left on it. It's within the contracts time limitations and mileage limitations. My problem is that I was not aware that my water pump was bad. All I was aware of was a sound that my car was making as I was en route to the repair shop. Immediately as the water pump blew, the car became really sluggish and I was immediately forced to pull the car to the right shoulder. I was not made aware of what happened until I had to get my car towed to the dealership that the water pump was bad. I'm not an auto expert but I knew that the noise did not sound right and I was taking it to get it checked out. My car is my only transportation and I would not knowingly put my car at risk that I wouldn't be able to use it anymore, especially with being so close to having it paid off!

I bought this warranty from the AACU in 2011. When my 2008 BMW X3 began giving me trouble, that’s when IWS showed their true colors. Firstly, they denied paying for windshield washer pump, then left airbag curtain, then the transfer unit actuator and so on. The contract states it pays for transfer unit and internal parts and they still refuse. After involving the BBB, I am being offered to buy back policy prorated at $1,100 when I paid $2,000 for transfer unit actuator and the policy cost me almost $2,000. This company has denied policy. Unfortunately, the credit unions are doing nothing to protect their consumers.

I bought an Intercontinental Warranty Service contract through Centris Federal Credit Union in Omaha. Centris told me it covered everything! I paid $3100.00 for the best contract; it was a four-year contract. After two years, one of the horns on my car went bad. In the contract, it states they cover horns. But when we submitted the work, they rejected it because it might have been water damage. Who would have thought water in the front of the car where the horn is located? This was the third contract I bought through Centris with IWS. This was the first time I tried to use them. After I bought the contract, I got a full copy of the contract in the mail which has all the disclaimers in it. I should have been shown this first because they have an out on everything, including - get this - "nuclear contamination.” I blame Centris for selling a bad contract to the members. They don't look at the product very well. They didn't help me receive a full refund. They told me what it covered, but not all the disclaimers in the contract. I will never use IWS again!

I have been searching for information on several of the best warranty companies for auto repairs and found complaints on them all but does that mean they are all bad? Not necessarily, what I found out was that anyone can file a complaint whether it is legitimate or not. This seems very unfair for a site to allow claims that have not even been verified to be legitimately denied claims or not. I noticed one lady drove her car hot causing it to warp the heads on her engine because she was in a bad neighborhood in a Lincoln? Now how can that be the warranty companies fault? Any of the warranty companies do not have products that give the owners a right to not take care of their vehicles and most policies only covered named components and then they get mad because a failure from a non-covered part caused the a repair bill? I like having your site but please it's not right for people to be able to ruin a company’s reputation without both sides being able to have input. I'm just for being fair.

I bought Ultra Gold Coverage for new cars on 12/10/2007. The car has 73,400 miles and suffered a catastrophic failure in the engine. A lifting rod broke and pierced the engine wall. This is covered per my warranty, but IWS will not authorize the repairs. And there is an outstanding bill at the Dealership for $1200.00 that should be covered as well. The dealer is more honest than the warranty company! I paid cash up front for this coverage and expect it to be worth something! All I want is my car to be fixed, but now I'm going to have to sue.

I purchased a 6-year warranty plan with IWS. This was done in July 2007. I have never had to use this warranty. Two weeks ago, a tire sensor steam broke when I was airing tire up. It was just enough to let air escape. The dealer wants $200 to replace the sensor on my Nissan Titan. This should have been covered on my warranty with IWS. They refuse to pay since it was not an electrical or mechanical problem. The tire sensor cannot be used if it will not hold air. This sensor is hooked to a computer on my Nissan titan. I’m guessing by looking at other complaints that this policy is useless.

I was driving my car one day and the car cuts off and the engine lights came on. I noticed that the temperature gauge was on ''H'' so I put some water and anti-freeze in it and and drove it to the nearest place which is my mom's house. I had it towed to the dealership and told me that my thermostat made my head gasket blow and I call the warranty. But they told me they're not going to cover it since they don't cover the thermostat. The dealership told me that I would need to put a used motor in it and they denied my claim.

I had a warranty with IWS that expired. I didn't notice it until my power steering pump went out and I had to pay for those repairs myself. I then went and purchase another warranty from IWS (3,000 mi) later.

Three hundred miles after purchasing that warranty, my oil cooler burst and the cost for repairs was $3,700 and IWS denied the cost because they said it was a pre-existing condition. I told them if it is pre-existing, then it should be covered under the previous warranty. They said that warranty expired and doesn't count anymore.

I am preparing to take them to court.

My bank, AACU, recommended this extended warranty company when I bought both my cars. My truck is now broken and they refused to cover the expenses. They told me they will not cover the repairs on my truck since there was contamination of fluids, lubricants, corrosion, carbon, etc. around the engine. The mechanic stated there is no way a vehicle will run correctly, if any of the above is not present around the engine. He said every car on the road, new or used will have either one or the other listed above at one point or another.

The mechanic stated, it is unfortunate as they get many customers with this same problem on a daily basis. I spoke with a supervisor before Christmas and he stated they would not cover the repairs and to refer to the clause in the contract of what is not covered. I am sick of companies like this taking advantage of people when it comes to repairs. Now, I do not have the possible means of paying over a thousand dollars for the repairs of my truck. For specific details, please call me at ** or email me at **.

The radiator on my Acura began to leak one month before the warranty service contract was due to expire. I had the leak repaired and submitted the related documents to an Intercontinental Warranty Services address in Florida as instructed. About 10 days later, I received a denial form letter from the address and individual shown above. The policy price was $1552.00, replacement of radiator was $918.02.

We bought a 100% money back guarantee service warranty policy from them when we purchased a new 2003 travel trailer back in Feb 7, 2003. This warranty would have covered any repairs needed for a period of 7 years. If we did not use it, (which we didn't) we were promised in writing (contract and all), we would be entitled to a full refund, which is $1900.00. We are trying to get our refund and we find out this company has file bankruptcy and the dealer Tex-All Boat & RV in Texas where we bought the trailer says they can't help us because this company owes them money as well. Did we missed out on the filing deadline, we just find out since we had to wait 7 years to claim our money. We feel we were scammed out of $1900, had we needed repair during the 7 years, they would have not paid anyway. Please help us file a claim. Thank you!

Second complaint about this company in 3 months. I purchased IWS's extended warranty, their "Gold Plan" for an extended 24,000 miles over and above the 46,000 miles my vehicle had on it when I purchased it 2nd hand. I paid $1,850 for this coverage and the "Peace of Mind" (or so I thought). My vehicle is a 2004 VW Touareg V6.

A module in my tire pressure sensor system stopped working and needed to be replaced. Cost was about $800. They told me it wasn't covered even though most other extended warranties cover the tire pressure monitoring systems since most high end vehicles now come with one form of tire pressure monitoring system or another.

During my last encounter with IWS, they covered only half the total cost (Total cost $1,000) of replacing one of the two fuel pumps in my vehicle even though the parts and labor were covered under their warranty. They said the dealer was overcharging me for the labor. Funny thing is that my dealership showed me an invoice for the same repairs on another vehicle which they showed was covered in full by another extended warranty company.

Do not do business with IWS Warranty Services. These folks are crooks who will find any way they can not to cover you when you need it most. When you buy a used car, check with your dealer where you intend to service it, which warranty company they have the least problems with and buy it if you really feel you need it. No damages but the repairs cost me about $800 for something that is normally covered by extended warranties.

I was taught a long time ago not to purchase extended warranties but the refund aspect of this warranty seemed like it had little risk. But, it is in fact a rip-off in every sense. Please, if you are considering purchasing it, do not. You will lose your $1,000. My credit union has dropped them due to all the complaints. You need to keep the car 7 years (but the warranty is not for 7 years) but it never says the words 7 years; it says terms. After the 7 terms, you had better have your paperwork handy because you only have 30 days to cash in. So if you have a perfect 7-year memory, fair play. Though they say it covers everything your original warranty covers, they are lying and will tell you so, as soon as you try to use it. All explained in their 4-page, small print, legal-sized document. Just don't buy it. It is a scam, and legal at that.

I purchased an extended warranty from Intercontinental Warranty Services (IWS) in July 2008 for my 2004 VW Touareg V-6 at the same time I purchased my car. I purchased it used with about 46,000 miles. I purchased the extended warranty, their so called Gold Warranty for an extended 24,0000.

About 1 1/2 years later, my car's engine would just lose power and I had to have the car towed in to the VW dealership. They diagnosed the car as having a defective left-side fuel pump (there are two fuel pumps in this car) and they had to remove both, test which one was defective, replace the faulty pump and reinstall both back into the car. The total time for the diagnosis and repair was 5.5 hours and the cost came to $948 for labor and parts. IWS only agreed to pay for 3.1 hours. Along with labor and parts, they agreed to pay only $548. VW told me that they come across this all the time with 3rd party warranty services.

I sure learned my lesson i.e. DO NOT PURCHASE 3RD PARTY WARRANTIES. Buy your extended warranty through your dealer once you make sure its accepted at all other dealerships in case you get relocated. My Credit Union, which financed my car and warranty, has also stopped doing business with IWS because of numerous complaints. After all, what's the use of such a warranty if you end up coughing up $100's in addition to the $100 deductible?

Will never buy another extended warranty through Intercontinental Warranty Services (IWS). If you want peace of mind, purchase these warranties through your dealership who will likely do any repairs on your vehicle. I'll gladly pay an extra $200-$300 dollars for the peace of mind you're actually supposed to be paying for.

I purchased a 2003 Chevy silverado Pickup that was lifted from a dealer in Colorado in 2004. The truck was 1 year old and I purchased an extended warranty at the same time from InterContinental Warranty Services. in 2009 on a trip 1000 milers away from home my transmission started to fail so I brought it to AAMCO since it was identified as a selected repair location by InterContinental. They started by first approving the repair but within an hour they called the repair shop back to cancel the work. They stated that since the pickup had larger than stock tires that it had exceeded the 100,000 miles covered by the policy. They took the stance that for the past 80,000 miles I had been driving the truck with the speedometer being wrong based on the truck having larger tires than stock so the odometer must be incorrect also.

After many hours of my research I was able to prove the truck was originally sold from the chevy dealership with the lift kit and larger tires (after hours of research and calling them back east). They still contended that I had to have proof that the speedometer was recalibrated to prove was was correct all these years. I was able to produce the sales person and phone number that sold me the truck and he specifically remembers the truck being lifted with larger tires then. He also knows the odometer was validated correct for sale as required in Colorado with the larger tires. BUT after all the research and proof that the truck was not modified and tha that the odometer was correct their supervisor just told me they are denying my claim because the truck was modified?? Its pretty clear that they had no intention of covering the repair and were just looking for an excuse to not pay. And when I was able to provide all the bazaar info they asked for then they just took the generic stance of the truck being modified even though it really was originally sold this way. they even went so far as to say its impossible to recalibrate the 2003 pickups when its not. so har far can these companies take the 'modified' excuse? A different brand of tire?

my transfer case went out on my 2004 Olds Bravada and I took my car to an authorized dealer to get it fixed. They denied it and made me take it to another place that was further from my home. The next day I was informed by the repair man that they would only put a used part in my car that had 180000 miles on it, my car only has 72000 miles, so more than twice the mileage on this part. They would not guarantee that it would be an effective or non-defective part and I had to deal with it. I have to now pay out of pocket, when they should have paid to properly fix the vehicle to have the part rebuilt, which is what their contract states. They refuse to pay any more than the used, garbage costs so I am screwed into paying for it.

InterContinental Warranty Company Company Profile