Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Fidelity Warranty Services

Fidelity is an extended auto warranty company that offers five warranty plans in total, two of which are specifically for high-mileage cars. Plan benefits include alternate transportation coverage, towing, roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement. Customers can roll the cost of a Fidelity extended warranty into the total price of their car and pay it off monthly.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Specialized coverage options
    • Available in the U.S. and Canada
    • Transferable warranties

Cons

• Only available at some dealerships

Bottom Line

Fidelity offers five car warranty plans, plus additional, customizable coverage options. Fidelity is only available at select dealerships, but it lets you choose your deductible.

Top Fidelity Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Verified

I have a very expensive Audi and I am glad I bought this warranty ... my car required a repair which was surprisingly expensive, almost 14k! Fidelity stepped in, got everything ap...

Verified

I have had ZERO problems with my warranty on my Ram truck. So far, have used it twice, and the turnaround time has been great and the service dept never seems to have issue workin...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Fidelity?

Fidelity is a company that offers extended auto warranties at about 3,800 dealerships nationwide. Working with Fidelity is simple. When your car needs a repair, bring it to the dealership where you purchased the car or call Fidelity to speak to a claims analyst. Fidelity backs its vehicle service contracts with insurance, so you still have coverage if your original dealer goes out of business.

Fidelity has around 6,000 authorized repair shops in the U.S. and Canada, which is fewer than many of its competitors. Most auto warranty companies work with a network of close to 30,000 mechanics.

Fidelity price

Fidelity does not publish official prices on its website, but customers report that their car warranties cost about $2,500. Some reported spending closer to $5,000, though.

Deductibles can be $0, $50, $100 or $250. Plans with lower deductibles cost more than those with high deductibles.

Fidelity plans

Fidelity offers five plans in total. Fidelity’s vehicle protection plans (Powertrain, Gold and Platinum) come in three levels and offer protection for up to 120,000 miles, while its other two plans (Drivetrain Plus and Owner Select) are for high-mileage vehicles.

Fidelity Powertrain plan
    Fidelity’s Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, including repairs to the engine, transmission and drive axle. It also covers certain electric motor and generator components.
    Fidelity Gold plan
    The Fidelity Gold plan covers everything in the Powertrain plan, plus the following:
    • Cooling
    • Steering
    • Brakes
    • Air conditioning
    • Front and rear suspension
    • Electrical
    • EV and alternate-fuel components
    Fidelity Platinum plan
    The Platinum plan from Fidelity offers bumper-to-bumper coverage, which means it covers almost every system and component that can break down due to manufacturer error. Check your Fidelity contract to see what isn't covered, but exclusions include:
    • Brake drums
    • Air bags
    • Glass
    • Batteries
    • Catalytic converters
    Drivetrain Plus
    Drivetrain Plus is the first of Fidelity’s high-mileage plans. It offers protection for up to 48,000 miles and covers the engine, drive axle, transmission, and electric motor and generator components.
    Owner Select
    The Owner Select plan is also for high-mileage cars. It covers the following for up to 48,000 miles of driving:
    • Steering system
    • Braking system
    • Air conditioning
    • Additional hybrid/plug-in electric components
    Other plans from Fidelity
    Fidelity offers a few other plans in addition to its traditional extended auto warranties, including:
    • Road Hazard Tire & Wheel: This plan offers up to $5,000 in lifetime benefits for repairing and replacing damaged tires. It includes reimbursement for alternate transportation, towing and roadside assistance.
    • Lease Excess Wear & Tear: This option is for items that need repairs due to wear and tear and aren’t covered by car warranties.
    • Theft Deterrent System: With this plan, advanced technology tracks your vehicle in the event that it’s stolen.
    • Car Care Service Plan: This plan pays for routine maintenance on your car and gives you OneCard membership, which provides benefits similar to those included with Fidelity’s traditional auto warranty plans
    • Term Care Select: This plan covers brake pads, batteries, headlamps, windshield wiper blades, belts, hoses, electrical components, wheel alignment, and brake rotors and drums. It also includes OneCard membership, which provides similar benefits to traditional auto warranty plans. The Term Care Select plan has no deductible.

Fidelity benefits

Every Fidelity car warranty plan is transferable and comes with the following benefits:

• Alternate transportation coverage: If your car is in the shop for several days and you need to rent a car, Fidelity reimburses you up to $40 a day for a maximum of 10 days. This is more than what most car warranties offer.
    • Towing coverage: If your car breaks down, Fidelity covers up to $100 in towing fees.
    • Trip interruption coverage: If you’re traveling more than 100 miles from home and your car breaks down, Fidelity reimburses you for alternate trip arrangements up to $100 a day for a maximum of $500 per occurrence.
    • Fluid replacement: When your car is undergoing a repair, Fidelity pays to refill any depleted fluids.
    • Financing: You can roll the cost of your Fidelity car warranty into the financing of your vehicle.

Fidelity FAQ

Can I call a Fidelity claims analyst 24/7?
    No. Fidelity claims analysts are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST on Saturday.
    How can I cancel my Fidelity car warranty?
    If you want to cancel your car warranty, call the dealership where you bought the warranty and ask for a cancellation. If the dealership is no longer in business, contact Fidelity directly.
    Do Fidelity car warranties come with benefits?
    Yes, every Fidelity car warranty comes with benefits like alternate transportation coverage, towing coverage, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement.
    Do Fidelity car warranties cover wear and tear?
    No, but Fidelity has a special plan that is not a warranty to cover wear and tear.

Is Fidelity good?

We like that Fidelity has five plans to choose from, including options for high-mileage vehicles. We also like its optional coverage for wear and tear and routine maintenance. Customers with luxury vehicles often point out how much money they saved buying a warranty from Fidelity. If you are looking to buy an extended auto warranty, Fidelity might be worth it.

Fidelity Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Purchased the Drivetrain Plus Coverage, wish I would have went with the upgraded Owner Select Coverage. My girlfriend and I had purchased a 2012 F150 Lariat SCrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost engine on 03/11/2019, two weeks later the 4x4 wasn't working, took it to the dealership and was informed the Transfer case and Rear Pinion were shot, Fidelity could have opted to repair said parts, however elected to put in new parts $4016.69 later, three days later took it back to dealership and front 4x4 actuator was bad, Fidelity came thru again, $791.60 later my truck ran fine. Last week 01/27/2021 check engine light came on, brought the truck to dealership, and was informed the Timing chain needed replacement, along with the Cams. Once again Fidelity came thru, and covered the repair bill of $3319.09.

Now of course the dealership found some additional items that were not covered. The Drivetrain Plus Coverage (broken Strut spring, and a Upper Control Ball Joint) which would have been covered under the Owner Select Coverage. Needless to say Fadelity has covered nearly $8127.38 worth of repairs (less $100 deductible x3), and I am confident if I have any more issues within the next two years, they will come thru again, and with the cost of the warranty included in our monthly finance payment, the plan is very affordable. Bottom line, automobiles breakdown, and I know $8127.38 worth of auto repairs would have been a major setback had we elected to waive the coverage!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I had a Fidelity extended warranty when my 2015 Chrysler Town and Country was new and it was needed during the 4th year of the lease. After I purchased the van out of the lease I extended the warranty for another 5 years and have collected on some repairs and they were paid with no problems.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Simply put - They are a great company. I would recommend them to others. This is the first time that I have had an extended warranty on a vehicle and I would recommend to others that it is wise to do so as the vehicle ages.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I feel for people who bought this warranty and could not repairs paid for. Fortunately, I did not have to use the policy. I can not get a refund of $1899 because I didn't know that the policy states you have to apply for a refund within 60 days of the policy expiring. Seven years is a long time to remember such a thing. The company should be required to send expiration notices in order to sell this insurance in my state.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The coverage was purchased through a dealership in 2017. Last year, the vehicle experienced a severe mechanical failure. The engine blew on a highway without any warning signs. Fidelity denied the claim saying it was a failure due to a non-covered cause - overhearing. They didn’t even reimburse us for the rental during the time the vehicle was being inspected by the dealer. Do yourself and your families a favor and stay away from this scam of an organization. The only way they stay in business is they are endorsed by crooked dealers who charge high commissions to sell Fidelity’s garbage vehicle coverage.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recently purchased a 2015 Ford Escape and agreed to pay for a private party extended warranty in the sum of 2,500 dollars through Fidelity Warranty Service, two months later driving my daughter back from school in Alabama to Wisconsin the transmission went out in Nashville, TN, was able to get to an authorized Ford dealer, turned out the transmission was in need of replacement, contacted Fidelity and was told they deal directly with the repair shop and to call them and advise them to call Fidelity to work out warranty issue, which I did two days later.

Midweek the following week I was contacted by the Ford dealer stating the car was repaired, they also stated they had contacted Fidelity with repair cost and that I was supposed to contact Fidelity, I contacted Fidelity and was told the claim was denied because I didn’t follow the claim procedure, which to the best of my knowledge I did, the Fidelity rep was very abrupt with no concern for what I was trying to explain, much as one would expect from a debt collector, I am in the process of further resolving this issue, In short I would highly recommend avoiding this warranty service!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Air conditioning was broken for over 30 days in Arizona summer heat. Repeated calls to Fidelity did not help. Promises were made that a HVAC service would call and or visit were broken. HVAC company Sensible Air: ** did not return 10 phone calls from us. Sensible called twice after several calls made to Fidelity and one failed repair was made. Another 2 and half weeks for a repair on the repair. No apologies, No explanations, No refunds, and air conditioning is working now after over 30 days of silence and over 100 degree temperatures.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Fidelity Warranty Services will find any excuse to deny your claim. Read the words carefully. They "will" cover an exhaust manifold unless there is a broken bolt. Sorry bolt is not listed so we will not fix your vehicle. Called them to discuss it and the best they could do was "sorry we can't change how you feel about that." Do not waste your money!

Original review: July 9, 2020

Ok... So I moved into my home in Dec 2016, New AC unit outdoor was replaced that yr by seller, 2yrs later my heater doesn't work, Fidelity says: my coils needed cleaning, but they don't do maintenance. So I had them cleaned out of pocket. Now it's 2020, my AC stopped cooling, Fidelity sent a service guy 5 days later, he says my Attic Unit is rusted & claiming Misuse and that old unit is not compatible with New Unit outdoors.... 3 Excuses not to repair my AC.. I called for 4 days, no answer, on the 8th day of No AC in my home and it's 98% inside. I receive an email stating I've been denied!!!

So now my ceiling is brown from the water leak & my carpet has been soiled... And I'm paying for the Fidelity Essential Plus plan.. I'm extremely disappointed???? So I asked for a 2nd service request, hoping Fidelity will do the right thing. Still waiting on answers???? I'm looking at all the Reviews online & all 50 are 1 Star with poor service.. Not looking soo good right now. My Attorney is on stand by...

Original review: May 24, 2020

I purchased a platinum plan, however, they go out of their way to find reasons to deny covering claims. Every time I take my vehicle to the repair shop, they drag their feet, send adjusters, and flat out refuse to cover recommended repairs. Also, unless you are going to incur an absolute catastrophic failure, such as engine/transmission/ECM, etc. (which they would try not to cover anyway), with paying deductibles ($250 or $500), this warranty makes no mathematical sense. Unfortunately, I did not have enough foresight when I purchased it.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I called the customer service number for Fidelity Warranty Services, INC. As I am new the being a customer through a car brought from a dealership. I decided to call the company to ask for further questions. The first person to pick up the line was dismissive and continued to state "Just look at your contract" rather than ask my questions. I grew tiresome after speaking with the first person and requested to speak with a new one. The second person was worse. He began to speak to me in a way that was not only condescending but disrespectful.

I gather this company only deals with mechanics and repair shops and is not inviting to the customer. This may be fine for others but if I call to ask further questions about my plan and get spoken to like this. I rather take my hard-earned money elsewhere. I will begin to seek another warranty company and start the cancelation process. My experience matches the current online review for this company.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Please stay away from this company. They will only steal your money and treat you like dirt, bought a 14 Vette from Bham BMW with low mileage, one owner, they promised me I needed this warranty and I paid for the Platinum coverage, first car issue is a simple gas gauge not working so Fidelity tells a certified Chevrolet dealership service department that my parts are not covered because GM knew there was an issue with this problem and also their phone guys claim to be mechanics and try to belittle you, anyway $2150 paid for a warranty that's no good and now I'm out $2800 for repairs, I repeat DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My vehicle came with the extended Powertrain warranty of 36 months, 125000 miles, that included the exhaust manifolds. During my state inspection, it was noted that two of the exhaust manifold bolts had broken. I submitted a claim and it was denied because the phone rep. and manager I spoke with said, that the exhaust manifold bolts are not part of the exhaust manifold and therefore not covered. This coverage is like having no coverage at all, so don't waste your time and money buying it.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

Fidelity Warranty author review by Lauren Fix

This extended auto warranty company has multiple plans, including two specifically designed for high-mileage cars. Warranties from this company are only available at select dealerships. Warranties are transferable to new owners.

• Cost: Customers report spending anywhere from $2,500 to $5,000 for a vehicle service contract from Fidelity Warranty Services. Deductibles range from $0 to $250.

• Plans: The company has five plans: Fidelity Powertrain, Fidelity Gold, Fidelity Platinum, Drivetrain Plus and Owner Select. The first three offer coverage ranging from basic to comprehensive for cars with low mileage. The Drivetrain Plus and Owner Select plans offer limited coverage for cars with high mileage.

• Benefits: Fidelity Warranty Services has benefits like roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage, rental car reimbursement, fluid replacement and towing.

• Standout feature: Fidelity Warranty Services has additional plans, including wear and tear plans and replacement plans for parts not normally covered by extended auto warranties.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Fidelity Warranty Services Company Information