Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Fidelity Warranty Services
1.58/5

Fidelity Warranty Services

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

189 Fidelity Warranty Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought a brand new 2019 Honda Civic and knew the wheels were prone to bending due to being 20 inches with a 30% Aspect Ratio on the tires so I bought Fidelity's coverage. Sure enough I hit a massive pothole and bent a wheel a month after buying the car. The next day, I also picked up a screw in a different tire that was now leaking slowly. I went to the dealer and started the process. Due to the $$$ of the repair order Fidelity had to send out an adjuster to verify the damage. They only cover a rental car for one day, no ifs/ands/ors/buts. I got a rental car for one day and returned it and in the end Fidelity paid for it. That being said, it took the adjuster a few days to come out. That was the biggest hiccup.

Adjuster signed off, Honda ordered my parts, I have a new wheel on my car and a new tire that replaced the punctured one. I purchased the Premium coverage for $700 and the repair order was $1800 so it paid for itself. You get a different person every time you call Fidelity. You can't schedule an appointment with the adjuster. You just have to drop your car off and wait until one comes by. That was annoying but they paid for everything.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Thank you to Tevin and Fidelity Warranty Services for honoring a "carefree car protection" service contract that I purchased in 2002 when I bought a new Honda Odyssey. The warranty provided a substantial refund if I did not have need of the Collision provision (I didn't; no Collision). But the car company from which I had purchased both the vehicle and warranty closed, unknown to me. And I had not understood or presented the warranty directly to Fidelity. I believe that Fidelity actually took over the warranty from a previous company. I'm not sure of all details here.

What I am certain of is this: I received exceptional support and immediate response from Tevin **. I cannot say enough about how his kindness, professionalism, communication, customer advocacy and responsible follow-through helped me immensely through a difficult time. I commend Fidelity Warranty for their willingness to work with me, their ethical response, and the obvious, highest standard of care through their representative, Tevin.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This is the best 3rd party warranty service that I have ever used. It's almost like a factory warranty quality. I have a very expensive Audi and I am glad I bought this warranty. I picked the top of line platinum coverage for a coverage of 7 years. 2 years later, my car required a repair which was surprisingly expensive, almost 14k! Fidelity stepped it, got everything approved by my independent mechanic (who has never worked with fidelity before), paid and now my car is as good as new! They even cover my Uber rides as part of the service. Absolutely amazing experience. And I have this warranty for 5 years more! I will never buy a used German high end car again with Fidelity warranty. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Despite all the negative reviews, I had nothing but good things to share regarding Fidelity and how they handle my warranty claim fast and effectively. They all but my $100 deductible which I was responsible for per my contract agreement. Fidelity is also reimbursing me for 5 days of car rental charges associated with me having to get a rental car until my vehicle was done. I would recommend them to all and am happy with their services and customer support services all around!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I’m reading some of these ratings, and I believe that some of the negative has to do with the shop and their communication with the warranty company. I bought a used 2011 Audi 2.0T and 2008 Audi A8 L from Denver Audi. I rarely ever buy extended warranties but Audi’s are expensive to fix so I purchased the Fidelity extended auto warranty, I believe the Silver package. I take all of my cars to Aspen Auto Clinic of Jet Stream in Colorado Springs. About a year ago I had deal with a minor issue on the A8 and Fidelity took care of the problem, I had to only pay my $250 deductible on a $1500 repair. A month ago, my Audi A4 started sputtering, and the car just died. Had it towed and got the bad news that I need a new engine. $14k was quoted by Aspen, called Denver Audi for a second quote and they said $17k. This car had 110k miles in it, so worth $14k at best.

Aspen has Fidelity in my records, gave them a call, and although it took a bit of convincing, Fidelity sent a brand new, tag stated a June 9, 2018 built date, 3 year 35k mile warranty on the new engine through Audi, they took care of everything including miscellaneous gaskets, installation, etc and all I paid was $250 on what ended up to be a $12k bill. Plus they covered a rental car for the entire 2 weeks to have the car repaired. I will always buy a Fidelity extended warranty especially for higher end cars that are expensive to drive. Aspen did go back and forth with them but at the end of the day, the combination of the 2 companies have been amazing and easy. Well worth the money and convenience. If you have a Fidelity warranty, make sure the service center is accredited and has a relationship with Fidelity or knows how to work with warranty companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Original review: June 1, 2019

Endurance Vehicle Service seems to be a subsidiary (they said) of Fidelity. I can only assume my info was sold to Endurance. Anyway, I received a letter that seemed specific to my protection plan telling me the plan is ending and if I want to reapply, the cost of the plan is going up. Too bad I can't share it here. Anyone would read the letter as specific to their auto coverage. Turns out after calling the 800 number, it was a mass marketed, generic letter, that did not apply to my coverage. Worse, the agent I talked with in trying to understand what I needed to do was terse and impatient, refusing to help me understand the letter. He hung up on me! I'm clear that Endurance and Fidelity are in no way bothered by negative reviews. I am going to the KIA dealership and say "shame of you" for selling a product that does business in an intimidating, coercive manner. I don't expect the KIA sales manager to be the least bit bothered either but at least I've spoken up.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I purchased a brand new Jeep JKL Wrangler with a 3 year warranty. The dealer sold me this contract and SAID if I did not use it in the first 3 years, it was fully refundable minus a cancellation fee. THIS is not the case. I sold the jeep the first year, and only received 75% of the warranty price back. The company says you can use it from DAy 1, and I said.. "WHY would I use your warranty over and above the Jeep full warranty?" SCAM - Stay away.

Original review: May 1, 2019

READ THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING IT!!! In my opinion, it is definitively not worth the price. Please be aware that this company will only reimburse you for a rental car for the exact amount of time it takes for the mechanics to actually have your hood open. YOU are responsible for paying for your rental car while the shop has your vehicle waiting for the part(s) to arrive. My car was in the shop (for a warranty approved repair) for 7 days, I paid out of pocket for my rental in advance thinking I would be reimbursed. I received a check (weeks later) for $105, that's only 3 days of coverage. I also have to chase down my check and call and email multiple times before I got a response. Just be aware...

Original review: April 26, 2019

My Audi dealership sold this plan through Fidelity as a 7 year 100,000 miles warranty without explaining the first four years had already been in effect with the previous owner. When I purchased my 2012 A7 the $5900 charged basically covered three years. This appears to be a common practice with Audi dealers using third party vendors primarily Fidelity. My advice is steer clear of their offer and seek coverage yourself. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased a tire warranty from them through Audi Princeton NJ for my leased S5. Towards the end of the lease I had the car inspected and was told I had gouges in my tires. When I turned in the car to Princeton Audi they took pictures, sent them to Fidelity. After 3 days a Fidelity inspector looked at the tires and determined there was nothing they could do, claiming they were too worn. After 3 years I only put on 23,500 miles well below the 30,000 I was allotted. THIS WAS A COMPLETE SCAM! Don't ever purchase a warranty from this company. Second time this has happened with the same company. Audi, Volkswagen shame on you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Fidelity replaced my transmission with a refurbished transmission that blew up less than 500 miles after it was installed. AFTER sending yet another refurbished transmission to the dealership, the dealership calls to tell me that the transmission cooler lines need to be replaced and that Fidelity said it was not a covered part. I was livid, my first thought was that the lines were ok before the faulty transmission blew up, and I definitely felt the faulty transmission they sent to have installed was the cause of the problems with the lines...

Well after speaking with several Reps at Fidelity, still no satisfaction, they won't pay for the damaged lines and that's that. I didn’t do my due diligence before purchasing this Warranty from Circle Hyundai, but after the fact, I see all of the NEGATIVE REVIEWS on Fidelity and I wish I had purchased my warranty from a more reputable company. If you are looking thru reviews to decide if you are going to purchase a warrant from Fidelity, do yourself a favor. DONT!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The rep for Fidelity was present, teaching the dealer how to use the (fancy) system for processing the warranty coverage. Right then, I started reading the

reviews and realized... The Fidelity rep goes into comments about my mom... Can't make this junk up. The rep explained that people write bad things when they don't get what they want - duh, or what they bargained for! Wouldn't do business with them under any circumstance nor should you!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My car was fixed with no problems and my portion of my deductible was paid successfully but Fidelity will not reimburse my 5 day rental charges per my contract agreement as stated. I wrote a good review before receiving my reimbursement back which I now regret even writing. This company gives you the runaround and refuses to pay what's in the agreement. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau for nonpayment.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased the Platinum Plan with a brand new vehicle. Two years later, the starter failed. I end up having to get the vehicle towed and over to a service center. The service center called Fidelity and gave them all the information including prices. Fidelity refused to pay the price for the repairs and only offered to pay half of the labor and roughly 60% of the cost of the parts. Really!? I paid thousands of dollars for the platinum plan and yet I'm stuck paying, not only the deductible, but also the leftover balance of several hundred dollars and the cost of the tow (because I didn't want to leave my vehicle in the middle of the street while I wait 2 hours for approval). Save yourself the headache and get an extended warranty through someone else.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The passenger side actuator is not working correctly on my car. I called the dealer and they told me I have a warranty with Fidelity. I called to check coverage and this company told me the actuator was not covered under my plan, even though the contract clearly states the coverage for the actuator. I called them just to check something else and all of a sudden my contract was a Gold and not a Gold Plus. BUYER BEWARE, do your homework before purchasing a warranty with this company. Make sure you keep your original paperwork and read the fine print!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased a Gold Coverage Plan for our 2013 Audi Q5. A year later the driver's side CV joint failed. The Gold Coverage plan specifically states that it covers "Constant velocity joints; slip joint; front wheel drive axles/half-shafts and wheel bearings" But they declined coverage. The customer service representative said they declined it because the CV boot had a crack in it and all the grease spilled out thereby causing the failure in the CV joint. And guess what??? The boot is not covered or specifically stated in the agreement, therefore they can't cover the failure in the CV joint! Having had several front wheel drive cars the main cause of CV joint failures starts with the boot failure. What consumer would think to ever ask that much detail before you spend $4800 for an extended warranty? NO ONE!! What false and deceptive advertising!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Before purchasing a 36-month warranty I asked what coverages under Fidelity Services platinum Plus are not covered under a new 36 month Toyota Camry warrant. Their answer was silence. Judge for yourself.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

This company is a joke, beware and DO NOT BUY warranties from them. I bought road hazard tire/wheel protection with a car a few years ago. Have never had a claim, until a couple weeks ago I hit something on the highway. Tire was dead, got it to the closest shop I could and got the tire replaced. Long story short, a few weeks later I had the car in for service, told them there was a shudder when driving and they tell me the wheel is damaged. I had them contact Fidelity for coverage on a replacement wheel, now five days later and a lot of effort on my part and zero on Fidelity's part, they've denied the claim twice.

Every time I call to speak to my representative I get the runaround, when I do get in touch with him he says he'll call back or contact the dealer. I was even told at one point it would be covered and they'd tell the dealer then a day later when I called the dealer to see when I could pick the car up, the advisor told me my claim had been denied again. Lot of wasted time five days without my car and still no wheel. They are claiming they won't cover the wheel because I already got the tire replaced. So, to sum up: I already replaced the tire so they don't even have to replace that, just the wheel, but they won't cover the wheel because the tire was already replaced. Makes a lot of sense.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I’m not sure if I should be mad at the dealership or the warranty company or both? I was told my “extended” warranty would be 7 yrs 100,000 miles from date of purpose. Surprise it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from manufacturers date. Who does that? So basically I paid for 3 yrs 50,000 miles? Seems like that should be illegal. Is there no class action lawsuit against this company and their false advertising? Even the people servicing my car thought it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from my purchase. They printed out on my service documents that the warranty was good until I reached 151,000 miles. Now I need a major repair and guess what it’s not covered! Shame on the dealership. Shame on Fidelity. Shame on me for believing the lie!!! Stay away. Require that the everything is in writing and signed by the dealership rep. Read - Read- Read front and back!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Fidelity sucks **! If they cover your car will only be for some of the charges. Had my car 10 months. I put 7k miles. Needed new engine & computer (engine was from salvage yard at Fidelity’s Discretion). I PAID 3700.00. They had 3000.00. I Purchased a used Audi in May 2017 from a dealership. In March 2018 broke down. Had car towed to Audi dealership and car needed a NEW ENGINE.

Fidelity sent the dealership a salvage engine but with no components on it. So then had to wait for ALL PARTS. My car was in the shop for 2 months!!! SERIOUSLY!!! Then I find out it needs a new computer also. That was not covered under warranty. My total bill 3700.00. This company sucks **!!!! Demand Audi give you another warranty or get the car price down and say you don’t want warranty. I read several reviews after the my experience and majority people gives this company bad reviews. THEY WEREN'T WRONG!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

My car went oil for a noise in December. I took it to the Audi dealership as it is an Audi and wanted the best service possible for the car. Said there was a noise happening in the engine compartment. They could not find the issue. Forward a few months later, schedule an appointment as the vehicle is still making the noise. While still under warranty. When I got to the appointment I was 600 miles out of warranty and they would not cover the issue. Even with a paper trail that this began 5000 miles before the vehicle was out of warranty. Very disappointed in this company. They refused to even ask for additional information. If a problem begins while the vehicle is under warranty I have never had a warranty company not cover it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

The dealership was sold that Fidelity covered me through. I was told to send in all docs and did. Called back after several weeks and they didn't receive my paperwork. They have no idea how to calculate my refund now... They took my word for it when I bought my second warranty for the same car again... The dealership's new management tried to help without success. We are talking Audi money here. And a big waste of time too.

Original review: March 22, 2018

To be fair, this all apparently boils down to this warranty company's request for pricing when you initially speak with them. As a manager of a busy retail automotive facility, I've dealt with more than 50 warranty companies. Some of which we deal with almost on a daily basis. In 15 years of working in the automotive field, I've dealt with them for items ranging from mundane tire replacements, to engine rebuilds, and replacements. I've even sold warranties for a service drive, and for a used car dealership; for TWO other warranty brands.

This time, I was unprepared for the amazing lack of concern this company had for their customer's trust, and for price integrity. Fidelity was contacted as per their warranty pamphlet advises. The vehicle in question (2015 Jeep) was in need of a thermostat housing replacement. Jeep is SO aware of this issue, that parts are kept in stock, and sold to aftermarket. A factory part was obtained, and priced at fair retail markup; determined by our company-owned software.

A representative of Fidelity was contacted to start a claim, and we were asked to provided 'pricing' for our repair. The representative asked us for a 'parts price'. The thermostat housing, associated fluid, and labor time was priced to them at around $355. The 'parts price' was given to them at $40; which is retail pricing. If you are familiar with warranty companies, most will ask you for retail pricing, and if the price you give them doesn't fall within an acceptable range, they will (up front, I might add) inform you of what they WILL pay, and authorize an amount appropriately.

To be clear, in fifteen years of servicing vehicles under warranty coverage, I've never been asked for our cost on a part, nor have I ever had a company authorize an amount they DO NOT AGREE UPON up front, and bluntly, with a service provider, or their end user (warranty holder). At this point, after being asked for 'parts price' and telling the representative a price of $40; an authorization was given to approve repairs, and begin fixing the vehicle under their authorization number, and agreed upon price of $355. The customer was contacted at this point, and advised how much of the repair the warranty company would pay, and how much was the warranty holders' responsibility to pay. He agreed upon that price. So work commenced on the vehicle to satisfy both the customer and the warranty!

The vehicle was finished, the warranty holder arrived to pick up his vehicle, and pay his agreed upon amount. In good faith, the ticket was closed, with the normal understanding that the warranty company would pay the agreed upon amount, according to their contract, and corresponding to their authorization number. The invoice, receipt showing customer payment, and parts receipt were faxed to Fidelity, as per their request. At NO TIME did Fidelity contact us, the service provider, to ask what parts cost was, or to ask what markup was, or to dispute that markup, or the parts price we provided them over the phone. They provided authorization to repair the vehicle based on pricing that we honored, and provided them at the time of authorization.

When we received payment, a WEEK LATER; the payment was for parts cost, and NOT the 'parts price' they asked for at time of authorization. Upon being contacted regarding the discrepancy, they cited a company policy that they are NOT allowed to pay more than parts 'list price', or 30% markup over part cost. This was the first time we were told that pricing would be changed, AFTER authorization had been provided to repair the vehicle at an ALREADY agreed upon pricing.

I have dealt with warranty companies who prefer to pay parts list price, or who dispute retail markup over a certain percentage, and our company is happy to provide service for those companies. We gladly deal with them, often. But those companies provide authorization ONLY for the amount they agree to pay, whether that is less than what you are charging for the part or not. And they TELL you how much they are paying up front, and stand by it after the fact. They do not provide authorization for a price, and then CHANGE IT AFTERWARD based on analysis of your repair receipt after the repairs have already been authorized and performed. They tell you at the beginning, so you can then provide pricing integrity to the end user, the customer; the warranty holder.

In 15 years of automotive management, and more than 20 years of working on cars, I have never been the receiver, or the giver, of the good 'ole fashioned' bait-and-switch. I can say I have had the dishonor of that experience now. Fidelity authorized a customer repair, provided the good faith authorization number for that repair, and then CHANGED the amount of that authorization a WEEK after the vehicle had left the shop. And claimed it was because they asked us for 'list price' when initially discussing 'part pricing'.

I do not normally fill out reviews or throw anyone under the bus. But I hold integrity, and honesty to be the two most important values that need to be improved upon in the automotive industry. Because trust is what customers are counting on when they walk through our doors each day to let us perform surgery on what is usually the second most costly investment in their lives... And unfortunately, Fidelity Warranty Company, does not hold that price integrity is important to those ideals, or the automotive industry.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Just called FWS and of course I was told the damage to my rim wasn't covered. They said the tire and the rim had to be damaged at the same time. What a load. You can see their reviews are really poor. I blame the dealer for pushing such a bad company. Obviously if you want a service like this avoid Fidelity Warranty Services and do your homework for others you are considering.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Will not replace my blown transmission, want the trans shop to tear down the tranny and replace the bad part with a junkyard part, not one trans shop in my area will take this company warranty. Total waste of money. The Chevy dealer conned me into buying this warranty. I just cancelled it. Total fraud.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty when I bought my used auto. I was told that it was an extra 7 year 100000 mile warranty. Then I find out that all I did was pay an extra 2500 just to have the existing warranty transferred into my name and it was only good for a year. The paperwork I have does not have any date of expire date on it. Only the date I got the warranty. When I contacted them they told me I should have gotten more coverage when it expired. Problem was no one from their company contacted me about it expiring before I needed the warranty. Stay away from this company as they will not stand behind the paperwork the dealerships use to sell the service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I just got off the phone with Fidelity to find that their warranty service covers very little. Buyer beware and shame on Honda for pushing this product at their dealerships. Seeing the deluge of negative posts, Honda should expect more value from this service. We bought the Platinum service which we were told covered everything. We pissed away $1500 to get $300 back. Don't do what we did.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

This company has over 200 people answering the phone. Every time you call you get a different person. They had an inspector come by. He had to drive 200 miles one way. I knew they were going to turn it down. What a waste of time. 2006 Dodge diesel 87,000 miles they said, "That's normal wear." Had to pay $1200 to fix front end. I even had the platinum warranty. What a joke. Do your due diligence. Find another company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I heard a very concerning noise in the rear of my car and my regular mechanic said it was a drivetrain problem. So I took it to the local Hyundai dealership, showed them my Fidelity warranty, That I paid $1600 for, and asked them to fix it. It was such a problem that it took them twice to fix it. Both times they charged me because they said Fidelity refused to cover it (a little over $300). It was bad shims on the rear axle. Now if that isn't drivetrain issue, then I don't know what is. Very disappointing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY. IT SEEMS THAT THEY WILL GO TO ANY LENGTHS NOT TO COVER SOMETHING.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

After purchasing what was advertised as one of the best extended warranties for a Jaguar XF, I soon found that even though the engine was covered Per the contract, they denied the claim due to a heater pipe failure (which they covered and replaced) because it caused overheating. They sent a rep to inspect the vehicle which decided that the extent of overheating was too much. Mind you I bought the car new, only had it serviced at the dealership, and never had any major problems until this covered part failed and cause it to overheat which was not due to any negligence on my part. After all, the car is not equipped with a temperature gauge, so there is no warning.

The heater pipe failed, coolant leaked out, car overheated all while I was siting at the light. The reps are trained to subjectively find an issue/reason to deny your claim. The new engine costs $25,000 of which Jaguar good-willed 60% (thank God) which left me with a hefty $10,000 bill and $250 deductible. Not to mention, the customer service rep said “this wouldn’t have happen had I pulled over.” Though I’m grateful that I don’t have to buy a new car or pay a car payment, I can’t express my ill feelings toward FWS, its rude reps, and false advertisement. What they do to customers is just criminal.

Fidelity Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers 5 extended warranty packages, all with coverage for fluids, rental car, towing and travel expenses, plus financing and transfer options. Get repairs done at over 6,000 authorized service centers in the United States and Canada.

• Options: Fidelity has many different plans, including vehicle service contracts (VSC), maintenance plans, gap protection and more.

• Deductible options: When they sign up for protection, consumers can choose the amount they want to pay for their deductible. Options are $0, $50, $100 or $250.

• Lease coverage: Many warranties only cover vehicles purchased outright, but those who lease face significant financial penalties for wear and tear. Fidelity has a solid program in place to help lessees recoup their entire security deposit.

• Transferable: Fidelity’s VSC’s are transferable if the original purchaser sells the car during the coverage period. A vehicle service contract may help increase a used car’s resale price.

• Mechanic choice: Customers can choose from over 6,000 authorized repair facilities in the United States or Canada. They can also choose to go to a repair shop that is not authorized by Fidelity if the mechanics have the appropriate certifications.

• Best for: car buyers and used car dealers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Fidelity Warranty Services Company Information