Fidelity Warranty Services

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Fidelity Warranty Services

Fidelity is an extended auto warranty company that offers five warranty plans in total, two of which are specifically for high-mileage cars. Plan benefits include alternate transportation coverage, towing, roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement. Customers can roll the cost of a Fidelity extended warranty into the total price of their car and pay it off monthly.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Specialized coverage options
    • Available in the U.S. and Canada
    • Transferable warranties

Cons

• Only available at some dealerships
    • Certain exclusions may apply

Bottom Line

Fidelity offers five car warranty plans, plus additional, customizable coverage options. Fidelity is only available at select dealerships, but it lets you choose your deductible.

Top Fidelity Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Verified

Verified

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Fidelity?

Fidelity is a company that offers extended auto warranties at about 3,800 dealerships nationwide. Working with Fidelity is simple. When your car needs a repair, bring it to the dealership where you purchased the car or call Fidelity to speak to a claims analyst. Fidelity backs its vehicle service contracts with insurance, so you still have coverage if your original dealer goes out of business.

Fidelity has around 6,000 authorized repair shops in the U.S. and Canada.

Fidelity plans

Fidelity offers five plans in total. Fidelity’s vehicle protection plans (Powertrain, Gold and Platinum) represent three coverage levels and offer protection for up to 120,000 miles, while its other two plans (Drivetrain Plus and Owner Select) are for high-mileage vehicles.

Fidelity’s Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, including repairs to the engine, transmission and drive axle. It also covers certain electric motor and generator components.
    The Fidelity Gold plan covers everything in the Powertrain plan, plus the following:
    • Cooling
    • Steering
    • Brakes
    • Air conditioning
    • Front and rear suspension
    • Electrical
    • EV and alternate-fuel components
    The Platinum plan from Fidelity offers bumper-to-bumper coverage, which means it covers almost every system and component that can break down due to manufacturer error. Check your Fidelity contract to see what isn't covered, but exclusions include:
    • Brake drums
    • Air bags
    • Glass
    • Batteries
    • Catalytic converters
    Drivetrain Plus is the first of Fidelity’s high-mileage plans. It offers protection for up to 48,000 miles and covers the engine, drive axle, transmission, electric motor and generator components.
    The Owner Select plan is also for high-mileage cars. It covers the same features as DriveTrain Plus, as well as the following for up to 48,000 miles of driving:
    • Steering system
    • Braking system
    • Air conditioning
    • Additional hybrid/plug-in electric components
    Fidelity offers a few other plans in addition to its traditional extended auto warranties, including:
    • Road Hazard Tire & Wheel: This plan offers up to $5,000 in lifetime benefits for repairing and replacing damaged tires. It includes reimbursement for alternate transportation, towing and roadside assistance.
    • Lease Excess Wear & Tear: This option is for items that need repairs due to wear and tear and aren’t covered by car warranties.
    • Theft Deterrent System: With this plan, advanced technology IDs your vehicle in case it’s stolen.
    • Car Care Service Plan: This plan pays for routine maintenance on your car and gives you OneCard membership, which provides benefits similar to those included with Fidelity’s traditional auto warranty plans.
    • Term Care Select: This plan covers brake pads, batteries, headlamps, windshield wiper blades, belts, hoses, electrical components, wheel alignment and brake rotors and drums. It also includes OneCard membership, which provides similar benefits to traditional auto warranty plans. The Term Care Select plan has no deductible.

Fidelity benefits

Every Fidelity car warranty plan is transferable and comes with the following benefits:

• Alternate transportation coverage: If your car is in the shop for several days and you need to rent a car, Fidelity reimburses you up to $40 a day for a maximum of 10 days. This is more than what most car warranties offer.
    • Towing coverage: If your car breaks down, Fidelity covers up to $100 in towing fees.
    • Trip interruption coverage: If you’re traveling more than 100 miles from home and your car breaks down, Fidelity reimburses you for alternate trip arrangements up to $100 a day for a maximum of $500 per occurrence.
    • Fluid replacement: When your car is undergoing a repair, Fidelity pays to refill any depleted fluids.
    • Financing: You can roll the cost of your Fidelity car warranty into the financing of your vehicle.

Fidelity fees

Fidelity does not publish official prices on its website, but customers report that their car warranties cost about $2,500. Some reported spending more, though.

Deductibles can be $0, $50, $100 or $250. Plans with lower deductibles cost more than those with high deductibles.

Fidelity FAQ

Can I call a Fidelity claims analyst 24/7?

No. Fidelity claims analysts are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST on Saturday.

How can I cancel my Fidelity car warranty?

If you want to cancel your car warranty, call the dealership where you bought the warranty and ask for a cancellation. If the dealership is no longer in business, contact Fidelity directly.

Do Fidelity car warranties come with benefits?

Yes, every Fidelity car warranty comes with benefits like alternate transportation coverage, towing coverage, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement.

Do Fidelity car warranties cover wear and tear?

No, but Fidelity has a special plan that is not a warranty to cover wear and tear.

Can you cancel Fidelity warranty services?

Yes. Call the dealership where you bought the warranty and ask for a cancellation. If the dealership is no longer in business, contact Fidelity directly.

Is Fidelity good?

We like that Fidelity has five plans to choose from, including options for high-mileage vehicles. We also like its optional coverage for wear and tear and routine maintenance. Customers with luxury vehicles often point out how much money they saved buying a warranty from Fidelity. If you are looking to buy an extended auto warranty, Fidelity might be worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Original review: July 13, 2022

Horrible customer service from Fidelity Home warranty representative. They are very unfriendly and unhelpful! At May 11th I placed a service call for issue with my shower unit. The issue was that the shower has hot and cold water but seemingly the mixer valve does not work properly so I do not have lukewarm water to take shower. For past 2 months they have sent 3 techs from 3 different plumbing company and each one of them diagnosed different things and offered to fix it out of warranty although they never quoted any price to me but when I pressed the fact that I wanted to get it fixed through the warranty insurance they come up with nonsense diagnosis and told me that they would send their report to Fidelity and I have to deal with them.

Finally the last tech decided that since he did not have work with the installed fixture in my shower in the past, he is suggesting the cash out. Needless to say that I have called many many times to follow up each step of way and I had to deal with rude/unhelpful reps each time. Today July 13th I called again and talked to another rude customer service rep with name Ashley and she said that the cash out amount would be $212.00. I have already paid $75.00 to the tech to tell me this nonsense diagnosis and now after 2 months of not being able to use my shower, I am getting only $212.00 for parts and labor. If I have to pay from my own packet to fix the issue then why would I pay $700.00 each year to this horrible company? I would like someone to explain to me where anyone can find any plumber to fix anything with $212.00 part included?? My contract is up for renewal and I would be damn if I sign any contract with them.

Original review: June 22, 2022

When I called Fidelity I was told because I bought the warranty that started the year of manufacture and not purchase, my warranty was expired. After calling to price warranties I found I was charged the amount for the date of purchase warranty. When I told them of this, they refused to contact me back.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I spent $3,800 for the 3-year "Platinum" warranty on my 2014 Porsche Boxster S. About a year and a half later, the insulation in the drain gutter insulation in the side panel of my car melted and caused it to plug up, causing water to pool underneath the passenger seat. That caused the amplifier to short-circuit and burn out. I was literally told by the dealer that this was not user error, but instead an obvious design/materials defect. The insulation material should never melt.

I called Fidelity and they told me it was (somehow) not covered by a $3,800 warranty that is their "maximum" plan. I was told it does not cover the gutters at all and that I should have read the fine-print. This is a total scam. I don't give a flip if the "fine print" excludes this specific physical part of the car; for nearly $4,000 for a warranty called the "platinum" it should cover every physical thing in the car.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Great customer service and accessibility and clear on what they cover and keep their promises. The best car extended warranty out there. Also very kind during pandemic lockdown. Also fair prices and long coverage periods.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I feel for people who bought this warranty and could not repairs paid for. Fortunately, I did not have to use the policy. I can not get a refund of $1899 because I didn't know that the policy states you have to apply for a refund within 60 days of the policy expiring. Seven years is a long time to remember such a thing. The company should be required to send expiration notices in order to sell this insurance in my state.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Purchased the Drivetrain Plus Coverage, wish I would have went with the upgraded Owner Select Coverage. My girlfriend and I had purchased a 2012 F150 Lariat SCrew with the 3.5 Ecoboost engine on 03/11/2019, two weeks later the 4x4 wasn't working, took it to the dealership and was informed the Transfer case and Rear Pinion were shot, Fidelity could have opted to repair said parts, however elected to put in new parts $4016.69 later, three days later took it back to dealership and front 4x4 actuator was bad, Fidelity came thru again, $791.60 later my truck ran fine. Last week 01/27/2021 check engine light came on, brought the truck to dealership, and was informed the Timing chain needed replacement, along with the Cams. Once again Fidelity came thru, and covered the repair bill of $3319.09.

Now of course the dealership found some additional items that were not covered. The Drivetrain Plus Coverage (broken Strut spring, and a Upper Control Ball Joint) which would have been covered under the Owner Select Coverage. Needless to say Fadelity has covered nearly $8127.38 worth of repairs (less $100 deductible x3), and I am confident if I have any more issues within the next two years, they will come thru again, and with the cost of the warranty included in our monthly finance payment, the plan is very affordable. Bottom line, automobiles breakdown, and I know $8127.38 worth of auto repairs would have been a major setback had we elected to waive the coverage!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The coverage was purchased through a dealership in 2017. Last year, the vehicle experienced a severe mechanical failure. The engine blew on a highway without any warning signs. Fidelity denied the claim saying it was a failure due to a non-covered cause - overhearing. They didn’t even reimburse us for the rental during the time the vehicle was being inspected by the dealer. Do yourself and your families a favor and stay away from this scam of an organization. The only way they stay in business is they are endorsed by crooked dealers who charge high commissions to sell Fidelity’s garbage vehicle coverage.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I had a Fidelity extended warranty when my 2015 Chrysler Town and Country was new and it was needed during the 4th year of the lease. After I purchased the van out of the lease I extended the warranty for another 5 years and have collected on some repairs and they were paid with no problems.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recently purchased a 2015 Ford Escape and agreed to pay for a private party extended warranty in the sum of 2,500 dollars through Fidelity Warranty Service, two months later driving my daughter back from school in Alabama to Wisconsin the transmission went out in Nashville, TN, was able to get to an authorized Ford dealer, turned out the transmission was in need of replacement, contacted Fidelity and was told they deal directly with the repair shop and to call them and advise them to call Fidelity to work out warranty issue, which I did two days later.

Midweek the following week I was contacted by the Ford dealer stating the car was repaired, they also stated they had contacted Fidelity with repair cost and that I was supposed to contact Fidelity, I contacted Fidelity and was told the claim was denied because I didn’t follow the claim procedure, which to the best of my knowledge I did, the Fidelity rep was very abrupt with no concern for what I was trying to explain, much as one would expect from a debt collector, I am in the process of further resolving this issue, In short I would highly recommend avoiding this warranty service!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Simply put - They are a great company. I would recommend them to others. This is the first time that I have had an extended warranty on a vehicle and I would recommend to others that it is wise to do so as the vehicle ages.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

Fidelity Warranty Services Company Information