Fidelity Warranty Services

Expired Warranty? Save on Repairs

Fidelity Warranty Services

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

174 Fidelity Warranty Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Before purchasing a 36-month warranty I asked what coverages under Fidelity Services platinum Plus are not covered under a new 36 month Toyota Camry warrant. Their answer was silence. Judge for yourself.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I’m reading some of these ratings, and I believe that some of the negative has to do with the shop and their communication with the warranty company. I bought a used 2011 Audi 2.0T and 2008 Audi A8 L from Denver Audi. I rarely ever buy extended warranties but Audi’s are expensive to fix so I purchased the Fidelity extended auto warranty, I believe the Silver package. I take all of my cars to Aspen Auto Clinic of Jet Stream in Colorado Springs. About a year ago I had deal with a minor issue on the A8 and Fidelity took care of the problem, I had to only pay my $250 deductible on a $1500 repair. A month ago, my Audi A4 started sputtering, and the car just died. Had it towed and got the bad news that I need a new engine. $14k was quoted by Aspen, called Denver Audi for a second quote and they said $17k. This car had 110k miles in it, so worth $14k at best.

Aspen has Fidelity in my records, gave them a call, and although it took a bit of convincing, Fidelity sent a brand new, tag stated a June 9, 2018 built date, 3 year 35k mile warranty on the new engine through Audi, they took care of everything including miscellaneous gaskets, installation, etc and all I paid was $250 on what ended up to be a $12k bill. Plus they covered a rental car for the entire 2 weeks to have the car repaired. I will always buy a Fidelity extended warranty especially for higher end cars that are expensive to drive. Aspen did go back and forth with them but at the end of the day, the combination of the 2 companies have been amazing and easy. Well worth the money and convenience. If you have a Fidelity warranty, make sure the service center is accredited and has a relationship with Fidelity or knows how to work with warranty companies.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

This company is a joke, beware and DO NOT BUY warranties from them. I bought road hazard tire/wheel protection with a car a few years ago. Have never had a claim, until a couple weeks ago I hit something on the highway. Tire was dead, got it to the closest shop I could and got the tire replaced. Long story short, a few weeks later I had the car in for service, told them there was a shudder when driving and they tell me the wheel is damaged. I had them contact Fidelity for coverage on a replacement wheel, now five days later and a lot of effort on my part and zero on Fidelity's part, they've denied the claim twice.

Every time I call to speak to my representative I get the runaround, when I do get in touch with him he says he'll call back or contact the dealer. I was even told at one point it would be covered and they'd tell the dealer then a day later when I called the dealer to see when I could pick the car up, the advisor told me my claim had been denied again. Lot of wasted time five days without my car and still no wheel. They are claiming they won't cover the wheel because I already got the tire replaced. So, to sum up: I already replaced the tire so they don't even have to replace that, just the wheel, but they won't cover the wheel because the tire was already replaced. Makes a lot of sense.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I’m not sure if I should be mad at the dealership or the warranty company or both? I was told my “extended” warranty would be 7 yrs 100,000 miles from date of purpose. Surprise it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from manufacturers date. Who does that? So basically I paid for 3 yrs 50,000 miles? Seems like that should be illegal. Is there no class action lawsuit against this company and their false advertising? Even the people servicing my car thought it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from my purchase. They printed out on my service documents that the warranty was good until I reached 151,000 miles. Now I need a major repair and guess what it’s not covered! Shame on the dealership. Shame on Fidelity. Shame on me for believing the lie!!! Stay away. Require that the everything is in writing and signed by the dealership rep. Read - Read- Read front and back!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Fidelity sucks **! If they cover your car will only be for some of the charges. Had my car 10 months. I put 7k miles. Needed new engine & computer (engine was from salvage yard at Fidelity’s Discretion). I PAID 3700.00. They had 3000.00. I Purchased a used Audi in May 2017 from a dealership. In March 2018 broke down. Had car towed to Audi dealership and car needed a NEW ENGINE.

Fidelity sent the dealership a salvage engine but with no components on it. So then had to wait for ALL PARTS. My car was in the shop for 2 months!!! SERIOUSLY!!! Then I find out it needs a new computer also. That was not covered under warranty. My total bill 3700.00. This company sucks **!!!! Demand Audi give you another warranty or get the car price down and say you don’t want warranty. I read several reviews after the my experience and majority people gives this company bad reviews. THEY WEREN'T WRONG!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Original review: April 16, 2018

My car went oil for a noise in December. I took it to the Audi dealership as it is an Audi and wanted the best service possible for the car. Said there was a noise happening in the engine compartment. They could not find the issue. Forward a few months later, schedule an appointment as the vehicle is still making the noise. While still under warranty. When I got to the appointment I was 600 miles out of warranty and they would not cover the issue. Even with a paper trail that this began 5000 miles before the vehicle was out of warranty. Very disappointed in this company. They refused to even ask for additional information. If a problem begins while the vehicle is under warranty I have never had a warranty company not cover it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

The dealership was sold that Fidelity covered me through. I was told to send in all docs and did. Called back after several weeks and they didn't receive my paperwork. They have no idea how to calculate my refund now... They took my word for it when I bought my second warranty for the same car again... The dealership's new management tried to help without success. We are talking Audi money here. And a big waste of time too.

Original review: March 22, 2018

To be fair, this all apparently boils down to this warranty company's request for pricing when you initially speak with them. As a manager of a busy retail automotive facility, I've dealt with more than 50 warranty companies. Some of which we deal with almost on a daily basis. In 15 years of working in the automotive field, I've dealt with them for items ranging from mundane tire replacements, to engine rebuilds, and replacements. I've even sold warranties for a service drive, and for a used car dealership; for TWO other warranty brands.

This time, I was unprepared for the amazing lack of concern this company had for their customer's trust, and for price integrity. Fidelity was contacted as per their warranty pamphlet advises. The vehicle in question (2015 Jeep) was in need of a thermostat housing replacement. Jeep is SO aware of this issue, that parts are kept in stock, and sold to aftermarket. A factory part was obtained, and priced at fair retail markup; determined by our company-owned software.

A representative of Fidelity was contacted to start a claim, and we were asked to provided 'pricing' for our repair. The representative asked us for a 'parts price'. The thermostat housing, associated fluid, and labor time was priced to them at around $355. The 'parts price' was given to them at $40; which is retail pricing. If you are familiar with warranty companies, most will ask you for retail pricing, and if the price you give them doesn't fall within an acceptable range, they will (up front, I might add) inform you of what they WILL pay, and authorize an amount appropriately.

To be clear, in fifteen years of servicing vehicles under warranty coverage, I've never been asked for our cost on a part, nor have I ever had a company authorize an amount they DO NOT AGREE UPON up front, and bluntly, with a service provider, or their end user (warranty holder). At this point, after being asked for 'parts price' and telling the representative a price of $40; an authorization was given to approve repairs, and begin fixing the vehicle under their authorization number, and agreed upon price of $355. The customer was contacted at this point, and advised how much of the repair the warranty company would pay, and how much was the warranty holders' responsibility to pay. He agreed upon that price. So work commenced on the vehicle to satisfy both the customer and the warranty!

The vehicle was finished, the warranty holder arrived to pick up his vehicle, and pay his agreed upon amount. In good faith, the ticket was closed, with the normal understanding that the warranty company would pay the agreed upon amount, according to their contract, and corresponding to their authorization number. The invoice, receipt showing customer payment, and parts receipt were faxed to Fidelity, as per their request. At NO TIME did Fidelity contact us, the service provider, to ask what parts cost was, or to ask what markup was, or to dispute that markup, or the parts price we provided them over the phone. They provided authorization to repair the vehicle based on pricing that we honored, and provided them at the time of authorization.

When we received payment, a WEEK LATER; the payment was for parts cost, and NOT the 'parts price' they asked for at time of authorization. Upon being contacted regarding the discrepancy, they cited a company policy that they are NOT allowed to pay more than parts 'list price', or 30% markup over part cost. This was the first time we were told that pricing would be changed, AFTER authorization had been provided to repair the vehicle at an ALREADY agreed upon pricing.

I have dealt with warranty companies who prefer to pay parts list price, or who dispute retail markup over a certain percentage, and our company is happy to provide service for those companies. We gladly deal with them, often. But those companies provide authorization ONLY for the amount they agree to pay, whether that is less than what you are charging for the part or not. And they TELL you how much they are paying up front, and stand by it after the fact. They do not provide authorization for a price, and then CHANGE IT AFTERWARD based on analysis of your repair receipt after the repairs have already been authorized and performed. They tell you at the beginning, so you can then provide pricing integrity to the end user, the customer; the warranty holder.

In 15 years of automotive management, and more than 20 years of working on cars, I have never been the receiver, or the giver, of the good 'ole fashioned' bait-and-switch. I can say I have had the dishonor of that experience now. Fidelity authorized a customer repair, provided the good faith authorization number for that repair, and then CHANGED the amount of that authorization a WEEK after the vehicle had left the shop. And claimed it was because they asked us for 'list price' when initially discussing 'part pricing'.

I do not normally fill out reviews or throw anyone under the bus. But I hold integrity, and honesty to be the two most important values that need to be improved upon in the automotive industry. Because trust is what customers are counting on when they walk through our doors each day to let us perform surgery on what is usually the second most costly investment in their lives... And unfortunately, Fidelity Warranty Company, does not hold that price integrity is important to those ideals, or the automotive industry.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Just called FWS and of course I was told the damage to my rim wasn't covered. They said the tire and the rim had to be damaged at the same time. What a load. You can see their reviews are really poor. I blame the dealer for pushing such a bad company. Obviously if you want a service like this avoid Fidelity Warranty Services and do your homework for others you are considering.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Will not replace my blown transmission, want the trans shop to tear down the tranny and replace the bad part with a junkyard part, not one trans shop in my area will take this company warranty. Total waste of money. The Chevy dealer conned me into buying this warranty. I just cancelled it. Total fraud.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty when I bought my used auto. I was told that it was an extra 7 year 100000 mile warranty. Then I find out that all I did was pay an extra 2500 just to have the existing warranty transferred into my name and it was only good for a year. The paperwork I have does not have any date of expire date on it. Only the date I got the warranty. When I contacted them they told me I should have gotten more coverage when it expired. Problem was no one from their company contacted me about it expiring before I needed the warranty. Stay away from this company as they will not stand behind the paperwork the dealerships use to sell the service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I just got off the phone with Fidelity to find that their warranty service covers very little. Buyer beware and shame on Honda for pushing this product at their dealerships. Seeing the deluge of negative posts, Honda should expect more value from this service. We bought the Platinum service which we were told covered everything. We pissed away $1500 to get $300 back. Don't do what we did.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

This company has over 200 people answering the phone. Every time you call you get a different person. They had an inspector come by. He had to drive 200 miles one way. I knew they were going to turn it down. What a waste of time. 2006 Dodge diesel 87,000 miles they said, "That's normal wear." Had to pay $1200 to fix front end. I even had the platinum warranty. What a joke. Do your due diligence. Find another company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I heard a very concerning noise in the rear of my car and my regular mechanic said it was a drivetrain problem. So I took it to the local Hyundai dealership, showed them my Fidelity warranty, That I paid $1600 for, and asked them to fix it. It was such a problem that it took them twice to fix it. Both times they charged me because they said Fidelity refused to cover it (a little over $300). It was bad shims on the rear axle. Now if that isn't drivetrain issue, then I don't know what is. Very disappointing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY. IT SEEMS THAT THEY WILL GO TO ANY LENGTHS NOT TO COVER SOMETHING.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

After purchasing what was advertised as one of the best extended warranties for a Jaguar XF, I soon found that even though the engine was covered Per the contract, they denied the claim due to a heater pipe failure (which they covered and replaced) because it caused overheating. They sent a rep to inspect the vehicle which decided that the extent of overheating was too much. Mind you I bought the car new, only had it serviced at the dealership, and never had any major problems until this covered part failed and cause it to overheat which was not due to any negligence on my part. After all, the car is not equipped with a temperature gauge, so there is no warning.

The heater pipe failed, coolant leaked out, car overheated all while I was siting at the light. The reps are trained to subjectively find an issue/reason to deny your claim. The new engine costs $25,000 of which Jaguar good-willed 60% (thank God) which left me with a hefty $10,000 bill and $250 deductible. Not to mention, the customer service rep said “this wouldn’t have happen had I pulled over.” Though I’m grateful that I don’t have to buy a new car or pay a car payment, I can’t express my ill feelings toward FWS, its rude reps, and false advertisement. What they do to customers is just criminal.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

You pay $3000 for extended auto warranty coverage and they push you back to the manufacturer, and when that doesn't work they push you back to the Dealer. Simply they don't cover crap. It is a SCAM to get your money and provide nothing. Never, never purchase extended warranty coverage from Fidelity Warranty Services Inc. SCAM, SCAM SCAM! Crooks from the get go.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

When I purchased my 2013 Honda Civic it came with a 12 month, 12,000 mile extended warranty. Seven months after having the car, our regular mechanic told us that there was oil leaking around the oil pan gasket. When I contacted the dealer about this, they felt confident that it would be covered under my warranty and asked me to bring it into their service center. Their service people checked it out and verified that there was an oil leak. The extended warranty company, Fidelity Warranty Services sent an adjuster out to verify the claim. They then told me I needed to pay for a dye test to confirm the leak and this test would need to be authorized by me and I would need to pay $147 for it.

I had already been told by two mechanics that there was an oil leak so I didn't see the reason for having this dye test. They told me that Honda had put out a bulletin stating there had been times where this repair was made and it was unnecessarily. I refused to pay for the dye test knowing they could come back with another reason as to why they wouldn't make the repair. I image that have a file full of bulletins that state certain claims and this is their way of not doing the repairs unless you pay outright for additional tests to the service center. It was a very unpleasant experience and I will not buy from this dealer again knowing that they use Fidelity as their warranty company.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have this company as my home warranty. I have a stove issue and it seems they are not in my area. They are making every effort to get somebody out to fix or replace my oven. There are some rules involved but when I explained my issues, the rep (Kim) was very understanding and helpful. I may have to pay in advance but the rep said they now have an easier process so repayment is much faster. If you live in a big town, you should have zero issues. I will keep you informed of the progress.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

First off, let me start by saying their consumer service reps were very easy to talk to and always respectful... But... If you have a relatively new vehicle which is still under manufacturer warranty, YOU WILL BE GIVING THESE PEOPLE FREE MONEY! I have a 2013 F150 Limited edition truck which only has 54,000 miles. Technically, it is still under the Ford Powertrain warranty. I purchased this vehicle last year and barely put 10K miles on the ODO since its purchase (now reading around 54K).

I recently started having a weird clinking sound coming from the front left wheel. Upon further investigation on my behalf (I am mechanically inclined), I noticed the CV Axle nut is not the manufacturer's original part. The half shaft has excessive play and when you pull/push on it, you can hear the metal on metal contact within the wheel hub. I called Fidelity to ensure I was good to take the vehicle in for repairs and I was told yes, any certified mechanic will do. So I took my vehicle to Ford.

I spoke to the service manager and explained the situation... As a very objective person, I understood Ford would not pay for the repairs because it is clear this is not a failed part or manufacturer defect. This is the case where someone did some work for whatever reason and it happened to fail on under my ownership (vehicle history is clean and no obvious signs of a collision). Once Ford diagnosed the problem, they contacted Fidelity and they said because the Axle is technically covered under the manufacturer warranty, Fidelity will not cover it.

Here is where this is FRUSTRATING. The part and/or damage is not covered under the manufacturer's because of reasons previously stated. As a customer who paid $3,000.00 for a MECHANICAL FAILURE CONTRACT, I am 100% expecting for you (Fidelity) to cover these expenses. You as the service providing company, accepted to provide this coverage for a USED vehicle and now will not do anything about. I understand in the CONTRACT it states; Page 5 of 13

EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE: 7. "Any mechanical breakdown caused by misuse, abuse, negligence (including the negligence of any repair facility), improper towing, or lack of maintenance of the failed covered part."

But guess what? This vehicle has not been touched by any repair facility to conduct repairs. It has been serviced according to the manufacturer's recommendations but there have been no repairs under my ownership. So now I am stuck with a vehicle at the Ford dealership (torn apart and $1600+ repair cost estimate) in a constant loop with your service rep's stating, "The part is covered under Ford warranty so we unfortunately cannot do anything about it".

Why did I pay you $3,000.00 if you will only defer to the manufacturer warranty and give me the run around on how you cannot cover anything? I have basically given you guys free money!

Future customers, please be aware this is a scam. They will gladly take your money without even inspecting your vehicle and if you run into any issues, they will simply say no. When you read this contract, read it 100 times. Every time you read it, you will find how ridiculously written it is and you basically need a perfect storm and hit the lottery at the same time in order for any work to be approved. There are so many conditions under which they will not cover a specific part, it's ridiculous.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I bought their platinum warranty service when I bought my car. Apparently anything short of the power train doesn't seem to be covered. Examples: the visor not staying up on the driver's side - not covered. Most recently the driver’s side door would not open from the inside. Fidelity said they considered that a "trim feature" so I guess being able to get out of the car is a luxury! Stay away from this group.

Resolution response: May 24, 2017

So 1 month later and a few discussions with corporate , my engine was completely taken care of by Fidelity. I am really not sure why I had to go through all of this and file complaints to get them to cover what should have been covered from the beginning. So I recommend to anyone that gets denied coverage of a repair that they go straight to your vehicles corporate offices and talk to the consumer dept. Nissan was amazing and kept checking in on me and making sure everything was ok. I will definitely buy from Nissan again and kudos to the kind people at corporate and also the dealership !!!! The 5 stars I updated is to Nissan !!!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I will do whatever I can to prevent people from using these frauds!!! My engine is pretty much destroyed and there was scouring in my engine. I took my car for regular maintenance, provided receipts and records and apparently there was carbon build up and my piston rings were worn and Fidelity will not cover. The mechanic had my car for 2 weeks waiting on an adjuster who rarely showed up. Thousands in diagnostics and 5,200 dollars for engine replacement and fidelity will not cover. Oh how wonderful they seem to make you feel that this extended warranty will take care of you but that is bogus!!!

I have the gold plus btw. I have had 2 reputable mechanics tell me in no way with under 95,000 miles on a Nissan should piston rings be worn down and all this damage done!!! Fidelity drag their feet and for 2 weeks I waited on them. And oh by the way they only said they would cover a rental for 2 days!!! Fortunately I have a close relative who hosts a very popular radio station in a major market and I'm in touch with a lawyer. I'm not letting them blow me off like this. I will do everything in my power to make sure they are known as frauds!!! I'm a really easy going guy and may have been walked all over with repairs in the past but not this time. I am furious!!!

Original review: April 21, 2017

We got off interstate when check brake light came on. Lost power. The motor still running coasted to side of road. Check hybrid brake stripe was next. Message had to have car towed to Kia dealer. They found problem but the representative from Fidelity said wait till it duplicates. Meaning this warranty isn't worth the paper or ink it was written. Do we have to get killed for them to acknowledge this is covered and they should fix it.

Original review: March 10, 2017

They just don't want to cover car repair cost if it gets too expensive, even I purchased most expensive warranty plan. I took my car to dealership twice but they declined all mechanical claims because they want more, more, more details information regarding car problems. If mechanic found something to claim and that should be enough. They just want more info from the dealers so they make some excuses to reject claim.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

This is an excellent warranty for anyone who owns a VW/Mercedes. I have used this warranty on 3 previous Volkswagens as well as on my current E Class and GLI with great experiences every time. Anytime there has been an issue with my car, I provide the service center with the contact info and contract number, and the covered parts are always approved and the service is very prompt. My most expensive item was a failed sway bar / subframe mount, the cost $2300 parts plus labor. Fidelity sent out an adjuster and approved the claim promptly. I definitely recommend this contract to anyone who properly maintains their car and keeps their maintenance records.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Purchased extended warranty on 4/30/2012 on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra for $1595. Noticed transmission slipping, diagnosed August 16, 2016, cost $108. Brought car back, "remedy" flush transmission and add fluid, $218. Winner Hyundai in Dover Delaware has been the WORST automotive service that I have ever experienced. When I purchased this auto, I got 4 phone calls within 3 hours to pick up this car. When I had problems with this car, forget about it. Perhaps 2 call backs after 6 calls to "Winner". 10/27/2016 replaced transmission with rebuilt tranny. Waiting for reimbursement over 2 months later.

Fidelity Warranty was suppose to give me a call 3 days ago to let me know what my reimbursement would be. Didn't happen. I guess customer service is in the past. Never have I experienced such terrible service in my life!!! "Winner" equals "LOSER". I can't believe there is repeat business. Monopoly! Owners have many different auto dealerships and can control pricing and continue terrible service. AMEN!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

First of all let me preface my remarks by letting you all know I spent 16+ years in the automotive dealership arena as a Top Flite Service Advisor for Honda, Volvo, & BMW. I left that industry and am employed as an IT Professional. During my time as an advisor we encountered many "aftermarket" extended warranty companies as well as our "in house" extended warranty plans i.e. HondaCare, Volvo "VIP", etc. which were tailored to our vehicles, coverages are spelled out nicely, reimbursement is flawless. The finance department would sell "aftermarket" warranties for non-Honda, Volvo, BMW or high mileage vehicles which were out of the coverage zone because of mileage (Fidelity was not offered at any dealership I worked for).

Far and away Fidelity was the worst I/we ever encountered. They would search for any reason to deny coverage. Their reimbursement process takes even with all paperwork submitted correctly is slower than most (several companies will call with an authorized payment within minutes of submitting), and what I find to be the worst offense in most cases will not allow parts replacement with original equipment parts preferring you shop around for aftermarket parts at a lower cost which in my opinion are substandard in most cases.

Fast forward to 2013, my wife & I are purchasing a new VW Jetta Sportwagen TDi at a very reputable dealership. The finance person is pushing us to buy the extended warranty @ $2700 that will tack on 4 yrs to the manufacturer's warranty + up to 100,000 miles, or warranty is 3yr/36k. I am very hesitant to buy because I really don't trust this finance guy. He was really pushing this warranty because it's a diesel model and not once does he tell us it is not a true VW warranty. So I'm thinking about my wife being stranded somewhere after the standard warranty runs out and knowing repair costs after warranty is fairly exorbitant, plus my wife tends to keep her cars a long time I finally cave. The selling point is he tells us the warranty is 100% refundable up to a specific point and time (small fees for paperwork).

I asked him all the scenarios before agreeing. Well I go back to the dealership 3 days later only to find he quit and we were his last suckers! Now fast forward to present day, the vehicle is under the VW Buyback program (we are returning it Monday) so as I am perusing the warranty contract I don't see VW warranty. I see Fidelity! I submitted the paperwork to Fidelity as stated in the contract to get the ball rolling and hopefully receive a substantial portion of the warranty contract refunded. Keep in mind the new car vehicle warranty just expired in June and the "extended" portion just kicked in (6 months) of usage but Fidelity is going to prorate it at 52%! Meaning they are saying we used 48% of the warranty even knowing darn well their coverage just started in July 2016!

You can't use extended warranties when the new car coverage is still in effect! To make matters worse the VW Dealership who sold us the warranty is also sticking to this which is a bad move on their part because we had another VW picked out to replace ours, plus I service my other vehicle there (we have purchased 2 cars from them) so no sale and they have lost the service also. These guys (Fidelity) are no good in every facet. I cannot recommend Fidelity in good faith to anyone. As you can tell the unsatisfied consumers far outweigh the satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

My car had a multi-cylinder misfire. Had the car towed to the dealer. The dealer stated that a bad coil (which is covered) caused too much spark to go to the spark plugs (not covered) which ruined the cylinder head and caused the engine to fail (covered). Fidelity is not going to cover the cost of the repair because they are saying the spark plug caused the engine problem and since the spark plugs are not covered they are not going to cover the engine repair. I had an inspector come out and he determined that the coil did cause the problem and decided to cover the engine. Fidelity had the dealer break down the engine to the point of failure to determine if I need a complete engine or just part of the engine. When it was determined I needed a complete engine the second inspector denied the claim going back to the spark plug theory. So tired of dealing with these people.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

In 2011 my wife and I purchased a 2008 Lexus RX350 from our local Lexus dealer. The salesman talked me into a 6 year, 60,000 mile Fidelity extended warranty with the understanding that I could get my premium back at the end of the contract period, if I didn't have any claims. The price of the warranty was $2,225. I was skeptical, but purchased it anyway.

In September of 2016 we hit the 60,000 mile mark and I never filed a claim. I submitted the 4 required documents needed for a premium refund, and in less than 2 weeks Fidelity sent me a refund check, minus their $50 administrative fee. I see a lot of negative views for Fidelity Warranty Services. Although I never tried to file a warranty claim with them, I found them to be honest and reputable, and they were very quick to refund my premium at the end of my warranty contract period.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

So far my Platinum plan is not so platinum! The inspector came out to the dealership to inspect my vehicle because I felt the steering was tight when turning right.

I was advised from my dealer that I needed to replace my steering rack, drivers lower control arm, and passenger arm. The inspector told the dealership that the Platinum warranty will only cover the Steering rack and not the control arms. It clearly states in the contract that the Platinum coverage plan Includes the Powertrain, Silver, Gold, and Gold Plus coverage PLUS any ANY OTHER MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN...

Looking at the warranty paperwork, the SILVER level covers: FRONT SUSPENSION: Upper and lower control arms, shafts and brushings; struts, housing and cartridge; Spinning/Steering knuckle and spindle support. So why doesn't this insurance claim not cover everything. I paid a lot of money to extend the coverage on my car. Why can I not utilize the coverage as promised??? I would like a response to this insanity. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

When I purchased a slightly used vehicle from a reputable dealer, for my son who would be starting and traveling to college soon, I opted to purchase the extended warranty to cover or help with any mishaps that may occur. I didn't want to purchase the rock bottom plan due to minimal coverage, nor the top of the line as I am somewhat mechanically inclined and can repair or replace a lot. 3 weeks after the purchase, a portion of the computer went out. Guess what, not covered (ex. part A went out, causing part B to go out, causing part C to fail. Part B is covered, but because Part A failed (not covered) CAUSING Part B to fail, that's not covered). So I was out of pocket for the entire repair.

Fortunately, the dealership split the cost, because they agreed it was a crock. 7 months later (this week) the fuel pump goes out while he is in another town. Tow it in to Ford (will be reimbursed tow bill IF problem covered under warranty). Diagnostic test verifies fuel pump and fuel pump harness. Great I think, fuel pump is covered. I'm reading the list. WRONG. Again, harness caused the fuel pump to malfunction. Harness is NOT covered, therefore, fuel pump NOT covered, therefore tow bill NOT reimbursed. Called to speak with the Mechanical section at Fidelity. TERRIBLE customer service. Guy chuckled and said I should've bought the platinum level. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY AT ANY LEVEL. It will always be one part away from the covered part.

Fidelity Warranty expert review by Lauren Fix

Offers 5 extended warranty packages, all with coverage for fluids, rental car, towing and travel expenses, plus financing and transfer options. Get repairs done at over 6,000 authorized service centers in the United States and Canada.

• Options: Fidelity has many different plans, including vehicle service contracts (VSC), maintenance plans, gap protection and more.

• Deductible options: When they sign up for protection, consumers can choose the amount they want to pay for their deductible. Options are $0, $50, $100 or $250.

• Lease coverage: Many warranties only cover vehicles purchased outright, but those who lease face significant financial penalties for wear and tear. Fidelity has a solid program in place to help lessees recoup their entire security deposit.

• Transferable: Fidelity’s VSC’s are transferable if the original purchaser sells the car during the coverage period. A vehicle service contract may help increase a used car’s resale price.

• Mechanic choice: Customers can choose from over 6,000 authorized repair facilities in the United States or Canada. They can also choose to go to a repair shop that is not authorized by Fidelity if the mechanics have the appropriate certifications.

• Best for: car buyers and used car dealers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Fidelity Warranty Services Company Information