Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Fidelity Warranty Services

Fidelity Warranty Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.60/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Fidelity is an extended auto warranty company that offers five warranty plans in total, two of which are specifically for high-mileage cars. Plan benefits include alternate transportation coverage, towing, roadside assistance, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement. Customers can roll the cost of a Fidelity extended warranty into the total price of their car and pay it off monthly.

BOTTOM LINE

Fidelity offers five car warranty plans, plus additional, customizable coverage options. Fidelity is only available at select dealerships, but it lets you choose your deductible.

PROS

• Specialized coverage options
    • Available in the U.S. and Canada
    • Transferable warranties

CONS

• Only available at some dealerships

Top Fidelity Warranty Services Reviews

I have a very expensive Audi and I am glad I bought this warranty ... my car required a repair which was surprisingly expensive, almost 14k! Fidelity stepped in, got everything approved by my independent mechanic (who has never worked with fidelity before), paid and now my car is as good as new!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

What is Fidelity?

Fidelity is a company that offers extended auto warranties at about 3,800 dealerships nationwide. Working with Fidelity is simple. When your car needs a repair, bring it to the dealership where you purchased the car or call Fidelity to speak to a claims analyst. Fidelity backs its vehicle service contracts with insurance, so you still have coverage if your original dealer goes out of business.

Fidelity has around 6,000 authorized repair shops in the U.S. and Canada, which is fewer than many of its competitors. Most auto warranty companies work with a network of close to 30,000 mechanics.

Fidelity price

Fidelity does not publish official prices on its website, but customers report that their car warranties cost about $2,500. Some reported spending closer to $5,000, though.

Deductibles can be $0, $50, $100 or $250. Plans with lower deductibles cost more than those with high deductibles.

Fidelity plans

Fidelity offers five plans in total. Fidelity’s vehicle protection plans (Powertrain, Gold and Platinum) come in three levels and offer protection for up to 120,000 miles, while its other two plans (Drivetrain Plus and Owner Select) are for high-mileage vehicles.

Fidelity Powertrain plan
      Fidelity’s Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, including repairs to the engine, transmission and drive axle. It also covers certain electric motor and generator components.
      Fidelity Gold plan
      The Fidelity Gold plan covers everything in the Powertrain plan, plus the following:
      • Cooling
      • Steering
      • Brakes
      • Air conditioning
      • Front and rear suspension
      • Electrical
      • EV and alternate-fuel components
      Fidelity Platinum plan
      The Platinum plan from Fidelity offers bumper-to-bumper coverage, which means it covers almost every system and component that can break down due to manufacturer error. Check your Fidelity contract to see what isn't covered, but exclusions include:
      • Brake drums
      • Air bags
      • Glass
      • Batteries
      • Catalytic converters
      Drivetrain Plus
      Drivetrain Plus is the first of Fidelity’s high-mileage plans. It offers protection for up to 48,000 miles and covers the engine, drive axle, transmission, and electric motor and generator components.
      Owner Select
      The Owner Select plan is also for high-mileage cars. It covers the following for up to 48,000 miles of driving:
      • Steering system
      • Braking system
      • Air conditioning
      • Additional hybrid/plug-in electric components
      Other plans from Fidelity
      Fidelity offers a few other plans in addition to its traditional extended auto warranties, including:
      • Road Hazard Tire & Wheel: This plan offers up to $5,000 in lifetime benefits for repairing and replacing damaged tires. It includes reimbursement for alternate transportation, towing and roadside assistance.
      • Lease Excess Wear & Tear: This option is for items that need repairs due to wear and tear and aren’t covered by car warranties.
      • Theft Deterrent System: With this plan, advanced technology tracks your vehicle in the event that it’s stolen.
      • Car Care Service Plan: This plan pays for routine maintenance on your car and gives you OneCard membership, which provides benefits similar to those included with Fidelity’s traditional auto warranty plans
      • Term Care Select: This plan covers brake pads, batteries, headlamps, windshield wiper blades, belts, hoses, electrical components, wheel alignment, and brake rotors and drums. It also includes OneCard membership, which provides similar benefits to traditional auto warranty plans. The Term Care Select plan has no deductible.

Fidelity benefits

Every Fidelity car warranty plan is transferable and comes with the following benefits:

• Alternate transportation coverage: If your car is in the shop for several days and you need to rent a car, Fidelity reimburses you up to $40 a day for a maximum of 10 days. This is more than what most car warranties offer.
      • Towing coverage: If your car breaks down, Fidelity covers up to $100 in towing fees.
      • Trip interruption coverage: If you’re traveling more than 100 miles from home and your car breaks down, Fidelity reimburses you for alternate trip arrangements up to $100 a day for a maximum of $500 per occurrence.
      • Fluid replacement: When your car is undergoing a repair, Fidelity pays to refill any depleted fluids.
      • Financing: You can roll the cost of your Fidelity car warranty into the financing of your vehicle.

Fidelity FAQ

Can I call a Fidelity claims analyst 24/7?
      No. Fidelity claims analysts are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST on Saturday.
      How can I cancel my Fidelity car warranty?
      If you want to cancel your car warranty, call the dealership where you bought the warranty and ask for a cancellation. If the dealership is no longer in business, contact Fidelity directly.
      Do Fidelity car warranties come with benefits?
      Yes, every Fidelity car warranty comes with benefits like alternate transportation coverage, towing coverage, trip interruption coverage and fluid replacement.
      Do Fidelity car warranties cover wear and tear?
      No, but Fidelity has a special plan that is not a warranty to cover wear and tear.

Is Fidelity good?

We like that Fidelity has five plans to choose from, including options for high-mileage vehicles. We also like its optional coverage for wear and tear and routine maintenance. Customers with luxury vehicles often point out how much money they saved buying a warranty from Fidelity. If you are looking to buy an extended auto warranty, Fidelity might be worth it.

Fidelity Warranty Services Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Called the dealer where I purchased the Fidelity Used Car Warranty and they advised me of how to contact Fidelity. Called Fidelity and explained the problem and they verified that I had an account. Fidelity explained the evaluation and payment process. Checked with my Jeep dealer for repairs and they were able to contact Fidelity after evaluating the problem with my Jeep. Repairs cost about $715 and I only had to pay $114 when I picked up the Jeep from the dealer. The problem was a leak on the oil filter/oil cooler housing where it joined the motor. I suspect that it was the o-rings but was not able to examine the old part after the repairs. Although the warranty cost was more than the repair, the warranty gives me an avenue if major repairs are needed. My warranty was for 3-years or 36,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I have no idea why others on this page have written that the warranty was not covering their car. I have had ZERO problems with my warranty on my Ram truck. So far, have used it twice, and the turnaround time has been great and the service dept never seems to have issue working with them. Extremely happy with the coverage and will be happy to buy a Fidelity warranty again on our next car.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought a brand new 2019 Honda Civic and knew the wheels were prone to bending due to being 20 inches with a 30% Aspect Ratio on the tires so I bought Fidelity's coverage. Sure enough I hit a massive pothole and bent a wheel a month after buying the car. The next day, I also picked up a screw in a different tire that was now leaking slowly. I went to the dealer and started the process. Due to the $$$ of the repair order Fidelity had to send out an adjuster to verify the damage. They only cover a rental car for one day, no ifs/ands/ors/buts. I got a rental car for one day and returned it and in the end Fidelity paid for it. That being said, it took the adjuster a few days to come out. That was the biggest hiccup.

Adjuster signed off, Honda ordered my parts, I have a new wheel on my car and a new tire that replaced the punctured one. I purchased the Premium coverage for $700 and the repair order was $1800 so it paid for itself. You get a different person every time you call Fidelity. You can't schedule an appointment with the adjuster. You just have to drop your car off and wait until one comes by. That was annoying but they paid for everything.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My vehicle came with the extended Powertrain warranty of 36 months, 125000 miles, that included the exhaust manifolds. During my state inspection, it was noted that two of the exhaust manifold bolts had broken. I submitted a claim and it was denied because the phone rep. and manager I spoke with said, that the exhaust manifold bolts are not part of the exhaust manifold and therefore not covered. This coverage is like having no coverage at all, so don't waste your time and money buying it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Every time I go to service vehicle and it's expensive the look for a excuse to not fix vehicles so why have warranty? They are a scam. They take your $ money quick but for service they don't wanna pay for repairs. Don't buy warranty from Fidelity. It's a rip off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased a Mechanical Failure Service Contract when I bought my Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI,5 year, 100,000 miles. At 73,520 I had to replace the turbocharger intercooler because it had frozen. Fidelity initially denied coverage, saying it was a design defect and my complaint was with Volkswagen. I said that this argument could be applied to anything that goes wrong, that if it had been designed or manufactured differently there would not have been a problem. That clause of their contract is a "get out of jail free" card. After going ballistic and speaking to multiple levels of management they eventually agreed to pay. Like all insurance, the job of first person you talk to is to deny coverage.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I’m not sure if I should be mad at the dealership or the warranty company or both? I was told my “extended” warranty would be 7 yrs 100,000 miles from date of purpose. Surprise it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from manufacturer's date. Who does that? Seems like that should be illegal. Is there no class action lawsuit against this company and their false advertising? Even the Manager at the dealership thought it was 7 yrs 100,000 miles from my purchase. When I called to file the claim the first person I spoke with said that the warranty was good until I reached 136,000 miles and said Nothing about the warranty being EXPIRED. Now I need a major repair and guess what? It’s not covered! Shame on Fidelity. Shame on me for believing the lie!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

The worse company in the world. They are scam artist. I have a lawsuit against them. They made up a story about not covering my vehicle and the mechanic told me he recorded everything and he will come to court as a witness on my behalf. Do not deal with this company. They are rip off experts that prey on hard working innocent people....

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I recently purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger and bought the "Mechanical Failure Service Contract" at financing during the purchase. I was offered three options and I chose the Platinum. In an effort to better understand the warranty and what was excluded/covered, I called the company this morning. The rep was very helpful and sent over a PDF copy of the contract that I wasn't provided at the dealership. After I read the contract, I had a few questions. So, I called back. This time I spoke to a rep named David and am appalled at his interaction with me. I was simply calling for a better understanding of the contract and it's exclusions. He seemed annoyed with me from the beginning, but I was very polite as I asked what the contract specifically excluded. I get it... Everyone has bad days.

I explained to him I was looking at the PDF copy of the contract and as I was asking some questions, he cut me off and continued to talk very irritated with me. So, I told him that I didn't appreciate how he was talking to me. Wow, did that really make him irate. He was rude, interrupted me several times and eventually hung up on me before I could even really talk any more. It must be noted that I never cursed or yelled at him. Nor, did he ever curse or anything like that to me. He was just very rude and... hung up on me. I couldn't believe the customer rep had acted like that. That experience, along with the reviews I have been reading on this website, led me to going back to the dealership and cancelling the contract (I am still within my cancellation period). Very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I bought an extended warranty for my 2013 Grand Cherokee through Fidelity, my warranty expires this September, I brought my car to the dealer in June because of an air compressor problem. Was told the warranty company (Fidelity) needed to be contacted related the the dollar amount to fix it ($3500). An adjuster came out to see the car and approved the compressor hose to be fixed but not the compressor. The service advisor noted that this is a temporary fix and would not hold. He argued back and forth for almost a month to no avail, so now I have a temporary fix on my car and a warranty that will be expiring and I know I have a $3500 repair coming sooner or later. Based on this company's 1 1/2 star rating I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem. Choose a different extended warranty company if you actually want something fixed correctly.

Fidelity Warranty Services Company Information