Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.61/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

26 Century Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Bought a 2011 Mercedes with air suspension in 2016 from a Lexus dealer. The dealer sells all cars with Century Service Powertrain warranty included in the cost, and then tries to upsell to a greater warranty that covers more parts. For $2300 I was able to extend coverage on most components for 36 months and an additional 70K miles. I had read about air suspension being $1000 per corner to repair (it's more like $1,200). Lost one of the corners recently, and ultimately the company paid for a replacement part, labor and rental car. Ultimately the company did as they should under the contract, and I don't think they gave the service advisor any grief. On this alone I'd be a 4 or 5 star rating, BUT, I am only between satisfied and happy (3 and 4 star on this rating scale), and here's why.

When I called Century prior to the repair, a claims person told me that I had to take the car to Lexus (where I bought it) and they would determine what to do. They also identified the Lexus dealer incorrectly as the warranty administrator, whereas the contract identifies Century themselves as the administrator. Called Lexus, they said that Century was not correct. Called Century back and a different agent said he would start a claim and that I should go to the Mercedes dealer of my choice and they would talk to them directly (So, I was like, WTF?, is this a con?). Once the car was at Merc, everything was smooth from my end, so if there was any drama, I don't know about it. Paid my $100 deductible and got my ~$1,100 repair paid for.

I am left to conclude that either I talked to an incompetent employee or that this is part of an active strategy to discourage warranty use (I am not suggesting the latter, only that those are the only two reasons I can think of). I guess I will never know. I will admit I googled Century during this back and forth and the reviews here had me very nervous. And that's why I'm back, to give an honest review. They stepped up and did what was right, but the overall experience leaves me wondering if I should spent the money, and feeling pretty irritated about the stress caused by the first interaction.

I am left wondering what they would have done if the repair cost would have exceeded the contract amount. And then of course, you have to ask yourself, "what is the value proposition of such a warranty?" I am a no-warranty kind of person, but this was my first car with fancy suspension--a known failure point. At the time of my research in buying the car, I determined that a warrant to cover the air ride would be 3-4K, so I felt pretty good about $2300 (the Lexus dealer presumably having paid for the Powertrain part as above).

The warranty runs out in a few months and so I will probably "lose" money on the equation, but I got a good price on the car, and had some peace of mind from the warranty. There is some value to the utility, even if it was not fully exercised. Would I get another Century warranty? I don't know. Would I get another extended warranty of any kind? I don't know, probably depends on the car. I can afford to NOT have the warranty and pay the repairs, even if they are painful.

I guess my advice would be if you can't afford the car without the warranty, you probably shouldn't buy it, UNLESS, you are planning to keep the car for a set period of time and the warranty and depreciation are a part of your overall cost of that ownership period (a lease may be a bargain compared to buying a used car when all factors are considered). For me, this model was the last of its line that had a naturally aspirated V8, so I plan to keep the car for a very long time. Got curious on this, my cost of depreciation and warranty over 3 years has been $468/mo. Comparable leases on the replacement model are $950 to $1,000/mo according to Swapalease, 5-7 years newer, but not any faster! Good luck! Signed, Irritated, but satisfied. Yeah, let's go with that.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

When I bought a 2017 Toyota Camry the dealer trapped me to buy a warranty contract from Century Automotive Service Corp. In July 2018 I sold my car and paid off 2017 Toyota and had my request to cancel my service contract through Toyota dealer on 07/12/2018. I also email all financial release from Toyota finance to Century Service Corp (5 times). I called to talk to them 5 times. And they told me it would take about 4 to 6 week to process my contract cancellation. But since July till now I haven't got any respond or feed back from Century automotive service corporation. I think they don't want to refund money to me. The employees was also very rude. Hung me up 3 times during discussion. 2017 Toyota Camry vin# **.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We brought our Ford Explorer in for warranty work on the engine. Ford mechanics carefully worked on the problem--turns out we needed a new engine. Century first sent an inspector who was incompetent and did not find the problem. Then they sent another inspector, after we had to call them and make that request. This inspector did identify the issue--yes, we needed a new engine. Century wanted to send a 45,000 mile used engine with an extremely limited warranty. The Ford replacement was only $800 more, and had a warranty 3x as long.

We called and were lectured by Lugo. I mean--lectured. Then Tomas came on the phone. Same deal--used engine at 45,000 miles. The current engine is at 65,000 miles. They requested old parts be put on, etc... Not only was Lugo rude and Tomas uninformed, Lugo lied directly to me. He stated that he told our advisor that we could make up the difference in the pricing. Not only did he not tell our advisor that information, he insisted his false statement was true. DON'T BUY CENTURY--THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I own a 2013 Ford E-350 that is well maintained. I also manage a fleet of 200 vehicles for a City where about 1/3 of the vehicles are Ford. I'm not a novice when it comes to vehicle and equipment repair and service. In December I had a breakdown due to one of the fuel injectors being blown out of the aluminum engine head. A somewhat common issue with Ford Triton engines since the 90's. Century would only cover $1300 out of a $2500 repair. They wanted the mechanics to reuse the coolant, old gaskets, old spark plugs and so on.

In February the transmission grenaded. The local Ford dealership provided a very fair price for a Ford factory rebuilt transmission. The cost, $2540. Century didn't like the price. Century found a "rebuilt" transmission for $1500 and wanted to ship it to the dealership or limit their portion of payment to the Ford dealership to $1500 with either myself paying the difference or a Ford price-match. I called Century to get the information on the rebuild shop and obtain warranty information on this work. Century would not provide me the information on the company that they stated "rebuilt" the transmission and would not provide me a copy of the promised 12 month x 12,000 mile warranty to view prior to the work being completed.

I've been in the business long enough to know when someone is trying to sell me inferior parts and I'm experienced enough to know when someone is withholding information and/or flat out lying to me. Save your money and/or purchase a warranty from another company that is not associated with the Corporation Trust Center in Wilmington, Delaware.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

First of all, don't take any of these positive reviews of Century seriously. Surely they're written by employees to offset the negative image that they've established with consumers. Also, if you've purchased a contract with them, I’d absolutely advise you to cancel your contract, which you'll have to do with the dealership you were pressured to buy it through. According to the dealer and Century they'll refund your contract and prorate it accordingly. I have yet to receive a refund or confirmation of a refund being processed and it has been 3 months since I have formally initiated the process through Emich Chevrolet in Lakewood Colorado.

After purchasing what was explained as a full wrap, comprehensive warranty (pitched by Geoff as a bumper to bumper warranty by the dealer) I had an electrical issue come up on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (38k miles). This issue appeared in 2016, just several months after buying the vehicle. Century refused to cover the fuel tank pressure sensor. This was the first issue to appear with the vehicle. I paid for the $500 repair out of pocket. The customer service staff I spoke with was rude and dismissive about my issue, which I didn't expect as a customer. These service contacts are just about worthless as far as I can tell and from what others’ reviews have corroborated.

As a consumer, do your due diligence. Look at extended warranties offered through the manufacturer of the vehicle. Note that you can buy coverage well after the point of sale, so if you're buying a used vehicle don't fall victim to the finance manager’s hard sell or pressure to add the warranty. If you're buying a used vehicle, there are always going to be risks that won't be covered by the manufacturer. Buy from a trustworthy dealership and have the vehicle inspected before purchasing. Take the money that you'll spend on a warranty and put it in a savings account where you can pull money from it for necessary repairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Warranty?

Original review: June 28, 2017

Worked with Kenneth ** and he will tell you want you want to hear so you purchase. I was contacted by my dealership about my 209 Acura TL and I was offered a 4 year, 48k mile extension of warranty. I asked if this was Acura Care warranty and he said yes. Things that he said are covered include engine, transmission, drive axle, steering, brakes, air conditioning suspension and electrical. For the price it didn't seem bad so I said yes. $185 down and 3 payment options: $875/year for 4 years, $138/24 months, $184/18 months. I got charged the down payment of $185 and then received the paperwork/contract.

The paperwork was all incorrect including cost and warranty. It is not Acura Care, it is Century Warranty Services, there are 3 coverage levels: power choice advantage, power choice plus or power choice. My contract says power choice which only covers engine, transmission and drive axle. The cost was incorrect stating down payment is $205 and each payment for 24 months is $154.25.

The only thing that was correct was my vehicle info: make, model, year and miles. I do say I called to cancel and they have said they will reverse, but I will have to check my account to make sure they do. However, when I confronted Ken about this, he basically blamed me that I had written down all my information correctly. He stated they record all their calls and I said that, "Great, let's listen to them to see who's telling the truth". At the end of the day if it sounds too good to be true it likely is. Beware and check your contract if you do end up signing up for the warranty package.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I purchased a 2012 Yukon and have had to use the Century warranty and it's been quick and they have come through every time minus my $100 deductible. On any used vehicle I would recommend Century warranty.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

The Century Service Administrator altered the original contract from that which I and the dealer manager signed and emailed me a copy of the altered contract. The changes included lowering the vehicle purchase price down to zero, lowering the contract purchase price (which affects the pro-rata refund amount when canceled) to a smaller dollar value, and the new contract was called an "E-Contract" and had no signatures. When I asked to cancel the contract due to the Volkswagen of America buyback of the TDI diesel vehicles, I was told that Century is only the administrator and that actually it is the dealer that provides payment of claims, and issues pro-rated refunds on cancellations. The dealer stated that they were awaiting a reimbursement from the Century administrator. Century insists that they do not receive any Agreement charges from the sale of it (from the customer) nor do they reimburse the dealer when it is canceled.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Not bad, I purchased a Costco auto insurance plan CWS. I've had a very positive overall experience, I'm glad I purchased this warranty! It was the top plan, for $4766.00. I made money with the amount of costly repairs, my vehicle has air suspension and it was a $1000 repair x the 4 corners of the vehicle. And a rear motor oil leak was over $2000! They covered all the repairs! Yes, someone came out to inspect every claim. But they paid the dealer, it was a credit card, little odd, it the dealer always gave me my car when it was done. Thanks CWS!

Original review: July 20, 2016

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, customer service!!! I have a contract that cost $2,500 with Century service. I purchased my vehicle in 2012 with an extended bumper to bumper warranty. It took 5 phone calls to acknowledge I had a contract. So I started to record all phone calls with this company. They finally acknowledged that I have a contract but that I bought a lesser contract that would not cover my contract. I faxed in my contract and they changed the information after a week. I talked to almost every if not all customer service providers, few were helpful, many were complete jerks, and none knew how to read the notes about how my contract was updated and I had an open case.

They didn't want to pay for any of it. Then they only wanted to pay part of it. I called and said that the contract covers all of it. They said "according to their records, they don't have to pay." They also said they do not have a specific contract that I signed so I had to fax my contract. My repair shop asked me to take my vehicle to another shop because they were tired of dealing with "those jerks at the Warranty company." I told my repair shop that I would talk to the warranty company. I called Century service and they said, "Tell your repair shop to man up and stop being babies." I said, "Sure as long as you tell everyone there to stop being an **." 4 weeks later, my car is getting fixed... I think. Yes, everything is recorded and I am considering a lawsuit. This is my first review I've ever written and probably my last, but I just wanted to warn anyone buying from this company.

Century Warranty Company Information