4.59/5
Based on 265 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

297 Omega Auto Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

My Dodge Ram wouldn't start and it had to have the fuse box replaced. I filed a claim for it with Omega Auto Care over the phone and it was easy. I was satisfied with the process. I have carried Omega for about a year and a half now and they have been helpful whenever I need it.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had a terrible time filing our first claim with the company. We didn't have the correct contact numbers and were given the runaround. Thanks Eric, from the California location, our claim went thru with flying colors. Thank You Eric, for your help, you're what good customers is all about.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My 2011 Silverado is covered by Omega Auto Care. I filed a claim over the phone for an oil leak and the claims process was great. They discovered that it had something to do with the manifold so they replaced it. Omega was good and they paid for everything.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2018

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion that is being covered by Omega Auto Care. I had an issue with my evac coil. It was leaking and causing the car to run hot. I took it to the Ford dealership. The process to file the claim was supposed to be easy. I should have had an identification card with a phone number on it and when I had the car evaluated I was supposed to give the repair shop that card but that was not the case. I've told Omega a couple of times that I never received the packet. Every time I speak to someone, they keep saying that they sent it out and that they'll have someone send out another one.

I could have just given the dealership the card with the information, but I had to call their claims department on the phone. I had to make the introductory call and the warranty company got the right people on the phone. I called the number that was provided to me and then they walked me through it. Then I got the dealer on the phone who said it will do. I gave them the information and then the dealership handled it from there. It came up to nine something and I thought they would cover all of it, but they only covered three something. I'm not really satisfied because I'm not completely sure what's covered. They didn’t handle me right with the information. You have to know what you're paying for. I heard it all over the phone but I've yet to see anything in writing.

Good Afternoon Brian,

I am sorry to hear you have had such trouble getting your paperwork. Unfortunately I don't see any record of our company speaking with you, but I requested new paperwork to be sent out to the address on file. I have also requested that an emailed copy be sent to you as well.

If you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office.

877-850-0443

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a Kia Optima covered by Omega Auto Care. The whole oil drain line was something that I didn’t have any knowledge when I took it in for a service. The dealership said that I have a line that was leaking. That particular service, repair and parts would’ve been $700. I told them I had an extended warranty and gave them the certificate number. They came back and told me that there was just a $100 deductible. It worked out okay. But since I’ve purchased this warranty from Omega, I get two to three phone calls a week from people trying to sell me an extended warranty. It's been going on for a couple of years. I hate to be rude and I just say that I’ve already purchased an extended warranty and to take me off their mailing list.

Mark,

We are happy to hear that you had an easy claims experience. That's just the way we aim for it to be.
Unfortunately there isn't a central database where other companies can go to find out that you have already purchased coverage, so our competitors will continue to call. I am sorry to have to tell you that there isn't a way for us to make them stop, since they aren't affiliated with us.

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Omega Auto Care Client Relations

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 4, 2018

Hi. I'm not happy for your service. l went to dealership. They charge for check engine light. l wasn't too happy. l decide to cancel my policy. If I have to pay my pocket why I have to pay for coverage. I like the full refund back to me please. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We had a bunch of sensor problems with my vehicle. It had gone completely crazy. I plugged in a phone charger and my dash lights would go out or my air conditioner would go off. And one side of the air conditioner would blow cold air, the other side would blow hot. The auto dealer took care of it and contacted Omega Auto Care. I paid my $200 deductible, and Omega paid the rest of it. There was one sensor that was added, which was $200. But it was only a $535 chump bill.

One thing that concerns me is that I thought that I was getting an additional 100,000 miles to the mileage that was on my vehicle when I signed up with Omega. But it turned out that they just paid for up to 100,000 miles. They just added about 50,000, instead of the 100,000. I overlooked that part and I was disappointed. The vehicle is in the shop right now with some things that we don’t know for sure yet. They have to run some test on it, and there might be another claim right now. But I only have about 5,000 miles left on the warranty.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I took my 2011 Chrysler 200 to a repair shop for the right, front window motor. The repair shop people filed the claim to Omega Auto Care for me, and all I had to do was pay the $100 deductible. And it worked good. They fixed it and I’m satisfied.

James,

We are glad to hear you had a great experience. Thanks for sharing it with the public.

Omega Autocare Client Relations

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had a claim once and the guy was new to the payment so he submitted it and he never called Omega to tell them how my payment was going to come. There was a lot of confusion. Then, when I went to pick up my car he said, “Well, you can’t take it because you haven’t paid us.” I said, “Well, I called earlier and you said that it was all approved and you knew how to get the payment. I need my car tonight. I have to go to work tomorrow.” I offered to leave my credit card there, the one I’m gonna pay the deductible with, and I’d take my car and come back tomorrow and once they get their payment they'd give my card back and then I'd pay them $100. He finally got it and agreed to my offer. The second time that happened, he learned and the process went very smoothly.

I would recommend Omega. My car is getting older and it's nice to pay $100 instead of $800 for a car payment. Omega never refuse nor question anything. I have other extended warranties which don't cover things. My husband was asking about an extended warranty for his truck because his truck has very low mileage and is in good shape and I told him to give Omega a call.

Hello Maria,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such trouble getting the payment for your claim taken care of. We work hard to make the process as easy as possible for both our customers and their repair facilities, so it is unfortunate to hear that there was some confusion. If you ever run into any issues in the future, please do not hesitate to call our customer service department so that we can help you through it.

Thank you for choosing Omega Autocare, and safe travels for the road ahead.

Omega AUtocare Client Relations

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have a full coverage for my Chrysler 200 and I used Omega Auto Care one time already. The repair for my thermostat was pretty quick and everything is fine. My mechanic talked with them and I didn’t have to fill anything or talk to anybody. However, they don’t cover everything I needed. Other than that, I’m satisfied with the claims process and they’re very good.

Hector,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. I am sorry to hear that you had to pay more than you expected. I did have a look at your claim, and it looks like the only thing that wasn't covered was maintenance. If you have any questions or you need some clarification, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

877-850-0443

Original review: March 31, 2018

I had my 2010 Jeep Liberty covered with Omega Auto Care and I filed a claim for the oil pan gasket. I took the vehicle to the repair shop and gave them the paperwork that I got from Omega. Then the repair shop called Omega and got the repair done. The overall claims process was great and it was the first thing I've ever had done with Omega, so it was good.

Original review: March 30, 2018

When I had to submit a claim for my 2014 GMC Acadia, I called and spoke with someone from Omega Auto Care. I had a good interaction and everything went smoothly. I took the vehicle up to the Chevy and gave my card. I didn't have any problems. Overall, I'm satisfied with the Omega claim process and I had a good experience.

Dion,

Thank you for choosing Omega Autocare. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with your claim. We hope to continue to give you peace of mind for the road ahead!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 29, 2018

I write this review after countless calls from "Omega Auto Care." I get the same exact format. So, I got wise. I called these places back using a different number. They act like their computer locked up. So I give them a made up name, year, make and model. Yet somehow they magically know that they've sent me 3 notices in the mail and this is the "final notice." They also seem to not mind trying to take money for a warranty on a car they have no clue exists... Because it's made up. Honestly how do they even know without a VIN? Does this make any sense to anyone?

Then I get another call from... You guessed it... Omega. And the same exact wording as always. So, I ask the gentleman if it makes sense to him. His answer? All those other calls I got were not Omega. So somehow today he's the REAL Omega Auto Care. Wow. I cannot get them to stop calling. I get taken off their "list" or they block my number after I question them, but somehow another call center with the SAME EXACT verbiage calls again!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

My Dodge Journey Crew is covered by Omega Auto Care. When my alternator started going out as I was driving and my car started overheating, I took it to a gas station to find out what was going on. The people in the gas station said that it was the alternator and I should be able to make it to the car dealer so that I can drop the alternator off. But, I did not do so, so I had the vehicle towed. It was kind of scary, but I got it to the dealership. I have a warranty so they said that the parts and the warranty were covered, however, I had to pay for the battery. Still, Omega’s claim process was easy and they had prompt service. Overall, I had a good experience with them.

Hello Elayna,

Although we aren't happy that you had an issue with your vehicle, but we sure are happy that we were able to be there for you and help you in your time of need.

We look forward to continuing to be there for you in the future and giving you peace of mind for the road ahead.

omega Autocare Client Relations

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was looking online for coverage for the 2005 Chrysler 300C that I bought. Omega Auto Care popped up, and I tried to see what their price was and then I spoke with their reps and signed up. I’m with ASI, which is a sub of Omega, and I had two different numbers to deal with when I called for my claim. And so, there was a little confusion. And then, when my engine went out on my car, I waited over a month before they fixed it. I had to call my attorney to make a phone call for me. And as soon as he called them and said he’s an attorney, whoever was in there said they'd schedule it right then.

I drove to Milwaukee and the car broke down once I got there so I took it to Chrysler. And then, I was back in Michigan and dealing with something long distance, I knew it may take a little more time. And it seemed like I only talked to the customer service representative who answers the phone and not the technical person. The rep would have to point to the adjuster. And I hate having the middleman because whatever I'm telling rep, the rep won't tell the adjuster and some of it gets lost in the translation. And I don't like that I got to wait for the adjuster to check out the vehicle and make the determination of the issue with it.

The car being in Milwaukee, they bought a used motor. My car had a few-thousand-mile motor first and then something happened and they gave it to somebody else. Then they got a 90,000-mile motor but then, they shipped the transmission to the other shop. And it wasn't the transmission but it was supposed to be the motor. Then the 90,000-mile motor came in and Chrysler put it in there. They're Chrysler, and it's a Chrysler car, they surely knew what they were doing.

So I drove home, and for six hours, everything seems right. Then the water pump went out. I called them to put a claim up for the water pump. And I said, "What? Perhaps you should've checked the water pump off the first motor before you put it on there." I shouldn't have to tell them that but I just replaced the water pump on the original motor. So that water pump was fresh. But with the waiting game that these guys were so busy playing with me, I wasn’t thinking about the water pump. And I do now because my car stopped as I just got it back. So, they did the water pump claim and now that I'm home in Michigan, it's good. I took it to my shop with my guy because I know my guys as I worked with them for years.

Calling in the claim, it turns out, I cannot make the call and the shop has to do it. It’s my car, it broke down and I'm calling the claim in immediately. And then, they could just talk to the shop and validate the claim. It was either a Saturday when my car broke down and I was out somewhere and I couldn't get to the shop. I could call the claim in and start the process, so it would be expedited. And Omega could call the shop or wait for the shop to call and then they would want a first name and then, it'd be like an easy handle. But it seems like I can't do anything once I took the car to a shop. The shop had to call the warranty company’s number and the shops are busy. The company then wouldn't get the claim started. And so we just worked on it when the process finally started.

The engine went out again. And I thought, why would Omega put a 90,000-mile used motor in my 2005? I had one-tenth of it in the well. They could’ve just rebooted the motor one time and be done but now, they doubled up. The cost could've been what we were billed for what would've been done. They had two motors in it. And so, recently, I talked to a lady at Omega. I sold the car and I was trying to transfer the warranty over to the next person.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've had Omega Auto Care cover my Nissan for about three years. I filed a claim for the air sensor. The air wasn't working and I went to the dealer. The dealer checked it out, told me what was wrong and called Omega. Omega said they'd fix the claim. The process was good and I'm satisfied. However, trying to contact them took a long time. The dealer was trying for almost 20 minutes. Once I got a hold of them, I was there for about four and a half hours. All in all, it was a good experience.

Hi Wallace,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review even through you had trouble getting through to us. Although we are fully staffed at all times, and many different departments here to help you, sometimes we may be a little busier than others. I do not foresee this happening to you again, as we do not normally have such long hold times. I sure don't wish anything else will happen to your vehicle, but we hope we get another chance to show you how quickly we normally handle our claims.

Safe travels!

Omega Autocare Client Relations

Original review: March 26, 2018

I bought an extended warranty from Omega for my one-ton Ford F-250. I've been very satisfied with Omega and I would recommend them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I'm glad that I got in touch with Omega and that I signed up with them. Everybody who I've talked to was very nice. About six months ago, I sent my Cadillac in for its front wheel hub and I let the mechanics do it all. Omega paid part of the bill and I still had a bit to pay. However, their fee per month is more expensive than I'd like it to be. And for what I pay, the amount that Omega covered for me was not a fair amount. I'll stick with them for a while, but I don't know how much longer I can afford them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2018

I got a 330ci BMW covered with Omega Auto Care. I paid for the coverage every month. If something goes wrong, I carry it to BMW and they call up Omega then Omega pays for the claim. I pay a deductible and I get my car fixed. They're doing their job and I'm doing mine. I call Omega on the phone whenever I start a claim process and my most recent claim was for a leak with my tank. Omega could change the payout wait for fixing the car per hour because I'm still paying what's left over from what they didn’t cover, which in my opinion I'm paying for service and there should be no add-on at all. It should just be on them. I bought the product but in the long run I'm still paying for it at the end of the day. If my friends were thinking about going with them I would say that they're convenient but to look around.

Good Afternoon,

It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning, and I am happy we were able to resolve the issue. We don't make mistakes often, but this was one, and it was definitely a miscommunication between our claims department and your dealership. We will be getting that refund check out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for being so understanding and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Omega Auto Care Client Relations

Original review: March 24, 2018

My 12 CTS Cadillac had a water pump issue and Cadillac submitted a claim. Everything was done properly and it went right in. I took the car in and Cadillac got it fixed on the same day. Omega paid $600 and I only paid $100. Omega did a wonderful job and I appreciated it.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have my 2013 Ford Edge covered by Omega Auto Care. I took the vehicle in and had them looked at it and they found out the door to the AC was broke. It wouldn’t let the heat on inside of the car. So they repaired it in the day while I got back the next day. The overall process was easy and I’m completely satisfied with the repair. I was really happy with them. They accepted the insurance and it was great.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for sharing this review. We are always happy to hear when our customers have a great experience, as it shows that our hard work is paying off. Thank you for being an Omega Autocare customer.

Omega Autocare Client Realtions

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have an Audi. I filed a claim for some sensors. The dealership called Omega Auto Care. The sensors were replaced at the shop. They did a good job. However, there was one downfall. One mistake made and then you have to go through the same process again. It doesn’t make sense. The bank made a mistake. That was not right on my part because I had to give back to them a $295 again.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've taken out a policy with Omega Auto Care for a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country. I had seen an advertisement and I made the call. I told them that I needed a warranty for my car because the factory warranty was running out. They asked what type of car I had and what the mileage was. They were nice. And I was able to get the coverage that I wanted from them. I would recommend Omega Auto Care to anybody who needs a warranty and asks about one.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have a BMW 528 covered with Omega Auto Care. I had a claim for an engine mount repair and it went well. However, Omega told me that the warranty can cover up to labor charges also but when I claimed, it did not cover the complete labor charges and I had to put some amount towards it. I gave the store the warranty and they told me that I need not worry about anything and I just needed to get my car repaired and come back. I had to take my car to the service center and they contacted Omega. I have already recommended Omega to one of my friends.

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you ended up paying more than you were told, but I looked into your claim and found what happened. It turns out the agreed upon labor rate was not reflected on your invoice.

I left you a voicemail earlier to go over things with you, so please reach out to our office at your earliest convenience.

877-850-0443 ext 224

Original review: March 20, 2018

My 2005 Magnum was in an auto accident so I purchased this 2011 Malibu car and took out an insurance coverage where I purchased it. I got Omega Auto Care's extended warranty and I have coverage my power steering and the big parts like motor and transmission. So far, I’m still making my payments on it every month and I'm satisfied with Omega Auto Care. I’ve had a claim with them before and things went okay. I took the car to a shop and they were the ones who contacted the insurance company. Then they fixed my car and it's been running since then.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 19, 2018

The month to month policy that I obtained with Omega Auto Care back in 2014 was canceled without my knowledge or consent back in Dec. 2017 of last year. Since PayLink, the financial service affiliates of Omega Auto Care, were taking consistent payments from my account for the last four years, I never thought to check to see if the payments were being deducted from my account, but apparently, the payments were discontinued. I was never privy to the extended warranty being canceled at any time and was never notified by PayLink or Omega Auto Care about the canceled policy. No one contacted me (via phone, email or postage mail).

I just so happened to call the claims department to initiate a NEW claim for my 2007 MDX Aura and was told that my policy was inactive and had been since 2017 of December. I was floored because I never received any type of communication that my car policy was canceled and now VOID. From the onset of my initial warranty agreement with Omega Auto Care in 2014, my vehicle mileage was well under 100,000 miles and Omega Auto Care was happy to deduct monthly installments from my private checking account to pay for the extended warranty that had the very little risk of car repairs. A little after my four-year agreement, my month to month extended warranty agreement with Omega Auto Care was conveniently canceled.

In 2014, my original monthly payment agreement was under $100 monthly. After 4 years, they conveniently canceled my warranty agreement, without my knowledge, they told me that I could sign up for a newly extended warranty agreement and the payment for the new warranty agreement had doubled in the cost of the original payment to $185.00 per month. I was floored. It appears that they purposely canceled my original policy because the mileage had increased on the vehicle and they didn't want to be responsible for an expensive car repair if one had occurred. They are untrustworthy crooks and cannot be trusted to honor their originally extended warranty agreements if your car hits the high-risk mileage mark.

If your car is about to go over the 100,000 mileage mark and your previous payments were considerably less than $120 monthly, watch out, Omega Auto Care will cancel your policy without notifying you, the consumer, and attempt to make you agree to a new policy agreement that will double in the cost of the original agreement made. BEWARE!!!! NOT AN HONEST COMPANY AT ALL. THEY ONLY SEEM TO PREFER VEHICLES WITH VERY LITTLE RISK. However, OMEGA AUTO CARE will cover your 100,000+ mileage vehicle, but only at a premium. They canceled my original warranty without warning and offered me a new extended warranty contract that had double in cost of the original warranty agreement.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I had a claim for a starter on my vehicle, and the process went very good. I took the car to Honda and they were the ones who called Omega. Honda and Omega came in agreement and got my car fixed. I was satisfied with the claims process. Omega couldn’t have handled it better than how they did it. Everything I asked, they gave it to me and it was all perfect. I had a great experience with Omega.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had a good experience with Omega Auto Care. Whenever I do this kind of thing, usually, they're never true. But when our 2010 Ford 150 truck had a battery issue, the bill would've been $600 and I only had to come up with $200 out of pocket. I was happy since there is no way we can afford such giant repairs. And they took care of me right away and there was absolutely no waiting or commotion.

Diane,

We are happy to hear you had a such a great experience with both the claims experience, and our maintenance program. We look forward to continuing to be there for you in the future as well.

Omega Autocare Client Relations

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have my ’08 diesel Ford F350 covered by Omega Auto Care. I know all the people at the dealership and when I had a problem with my alternator, I just told them and they checked it out. They ordered the part and then I had to wait for it. The claims process was good and Omega jumped on the case right away. They had taken care of me and they were very responsive. Ever since I got the coverage, I haven't had any trouble with the people. They're fantastic.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing such a great review. We are happy to hear you think we are fantastic. That's a huge compliment that we truly appreciate, and we are incredibly happy to hear that all of our hard work shows through to the people who matters.

Thank you for choosing Omega Autocare!

Omega Autocare Client Relations

Original review: March 13, 2018

I got Omega warranty when I bought my 2006 Buick Rendezvous brand new and my experience has been good. I took the car to the dealer and they were troubleshooting it for the fuel pump. They told me what was wrong and they called Omega to see if it qualified for a claim and it did. They gave me a loaner and my car was fixed.

But when I went to go pick it up, it wouldn't start so the dealer kept it for a couple more weeks to test it. They started it twice a day every day but they didn't find anything else wrong so they called me and said that they didn't know why it didn't start that one day and that maybe there was an error in the line. I've noticed that most car places wanted me to deal with the warranty. Other than that, I gave them Omega's information. They called Omega and they called me back saying that the claim was approved. Everything went smoothly.

I've been with Omega since 2010 but it was under a different name then. Initially, I was disappointed with the original people in some aspect because of certain things like the airbag. I was told that my horn was hard to push and I should have taken it to the dealer for the manufacturer warranty when I bought the vehicle new. But I never got around to it. They researched it and said that there was a sensor for my horn but it was connected to the airbag. They said that it should be replaced and in order to do so, they should replace the airbag although there was nothing wrong with it. I understood that my airbag was not covered but my horn was.

I started the process with an attorney but I didn't finish it. I went through a lot of stuff to try to get that fixed. Ultimately, I never got it fixed and I thought it was ridiculous because the horn was covered. But because for whatever reason, the way the manufacturer made that vehicle, the sensors for the horn were a part of the airbag. In my eyes, it should have been covered. I've warrantied twice. The first time, it cost me $2,400 and the second time, it cost me $2,800. Overall, I would recommend Omega based on my current experience with them.

Omega Auto Care Company Information