4.31/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I had my Dodge van's alternator fixed and everything was 1,000% good, except I had to get towed out of the parking lot and it cost only $45, but Omega denied paying it. My alternator quit right in the middle of an intersection and a young couple helped me push my car off the road. The garage was a mile down the road so we called them. They came down with their jumper and they left it on my car so that I could drive to their garage. When I got there, they said that they were backed up and it was gonna be three days before we could even look at the car. They told me about another place across town.

The only way I could get to the other garage was to get towed. I was surprised that they only charged $45, which I thought was cheap. But when I called Omega and turned the charge in, they denied the $45 and said something about not paying for towing from a garage. I paid $2,500 for the warranty, and now they denied the charge when I was in a bind. I got the denial letter and they said I could file a written appeal. I haven't gotten the chance to do that yet.

The towing issue aside, everything went well at the place where I had my car fixed. I brought my paperwork in there, they looked at it, got on the phone quickly and called Omega. Omega answered quickly and the repair place told them what it was gonna cost. When the repair place got the part, they were paid before they even got the work started, which surprised and thrilled them. It was fantastic.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have a Mazda CX-7. The window stopped working and the first time I went to a dealership, I told them about it. It was on a Saturday and I went in there to pick up a gas cap. All I was gonna do was ask the lady there if they took the coverage. But the lady didn't even look at it. She just picked up the card and said my warranty only covers my transmission. She looked like she was in a bad mood so I left it alone. When my AC died on me, it was the worst time for me because the rain was pouring down and my windows were getting foggy on the inside. It was a Thursday. I called the dealership on the same day and asked them if they took it. The man that I always deal with at the dealership said yes so I took the car in the next day.

I made a claim with Omega for the passenger window that would not go down or up and for the compressor that died. It was blowing hot air. Everything was perfect. The dealership didn’t complain about anything with Omega. They did all the calls and my car got fixed. The only thing they had to wait for was a part they needed. It took them a couple of days before I got my car back. I didn't get it back until Monday evening. Also, I have full coverage so Omega went to State Farm for a loaner car. Omega paid for the window and my AC which is running beautifully now. I was very satisfied with them and would recommend them to a friend.

Sylvia,

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the at the dealership. I am not sure why such a thing would have been said since that is obviously not the case. However, we are happy we were able to get your AC taken care of at a later date. If you ever have trouble again, or any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.

Omega Auto Care

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe covered with Omega Auto Care. I filed a claim over the phone for the transmission and the experience was really good and very easy. The person that answered the call was very helpful with the questions that I had. At first, I didn't know exactly who was gonna handle the claim if I had to start a claim or the people on the dealer where I took my car. And then, I wasn’t having any response from the dealer at that time because they were waiting for the estimate from Omega. They didn't want to give me any information, so I had to call several times to Omega and find out.

The whole claims process took about two weeks and it was really good. It took less time than I was expecting. However, I had an issue with them. My car stopped working so I had to take the car on the same day into the dealer, then I called Omega to find out what I was gonna do. They told me I could get a rental car, but they gave me a limit of money that I had to spend. They wouldn’t give me an SUV for the money that Omega was giving me, but since I have my kids, I cannot have a 5-person car. It had to be an SUV. I had a lot of trouble with that and it was taking longer with the dealership because they didn't agree with the price.

In the end, the dealership gave me the car, but they didn't give me an SUV either, so it was so hard to be going from one place to the other. Since I had an SUV, I was expecting the same thing, but Omega didn't give me some more money that I can go to a rental car and get another SUV for myself. They also told me that I had to pay first then send them the ticket. Nonetheless, Omega handled the claim really nice. My experience has been okay and I will definitely recommend it to somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change. The brakes, blades and oil change was free and I got a $100 of my new battery. For the first year you get these incentives (3 oil changes up to $55 each). I’m very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle. The monthly payments are fair considering what you are getting. Don’t be skeptical in getting their coverage. You don’t need it until you NEED it. Saving up money for a car emergency sounds great, but their coverage is really a million times better and it brings great peace of mind. I almost can’t wait until something breaks on my car because I know they will take care of it and then I’ll have new car parts.

IMPORTANT: I’ve been able to go anywhere I want for work/repairs and they pay. However, the two places I went to get work done told me that they don’t take “insurance stuff”. I explained, “If you call them they will pay you immediately over the phone with a card.” I asked them, “Do you guys accept card over the phone if I were to pay you?’ Of course they said yes. I replied, “Thank you can take Omega.” It wasn’t really a hassle explaining that this was a legit form of payment. They called the number and got paid.

I say this to let you know that for some places you just have to explain to them how easy it is. They’re worried about delayed payments. Also, so that you don’t have to explain, you can go to your car dealership and they take Omega. Omega also has contracts with large companies like Pep Boys who are familiar with the process, so no hassles.

Overall, this really is a great company. I was concerned initially when they first called me to sell coverage but now I am SOOO happy that I have them. I can drive my car worry free knowing that if my transmission fails all I pay is $100 down, and the rest is taken care of. This morning when I got off work, I’m a paramedic, my car didn’t start FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER (and it’s a good car). The first thing that went through my head wasn’t worry about how much this was going to cost or, “I was saving for a vacation and now that’s out the window”. I thought, “This is a delay to my morning, but I’m financially set.” I really didn’t care what was wrong with the car. I just knew that it will be fixed and I won’t be broke. To conclude, get coverage for your car. It’s worth it.

Lymar,

Thank you so very much for this incredible review. People very often take the time to share their negative experiences, on review platforms, but do not share positive reviews nearly as often. This is why your very detailed review is so appreciated. You answered a lot of very common questions that people have, and I truly feel this review will help those who take the time to read it.

We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Purchasing the extended coverage was the smart thing to do. You get a used car, you get a warranty. I have a Chrysler 200 2015 covered with Omega Auto Care. I took the car to the dealership and they checked it out and they said something was wrong with something. I try to keep the car oiled and everything done on a regular basis, so I was wondering what they mean something was wrong. I was freaking on that and the rep asked didn’t I have a warranty. I said that I do, so he called the people at Omega and Omega really lived up to what they said. I’ve never used them before, but I know that they said that I could get free oil changes.

I just couldn’t understand how that worked inside and I just didn’t really bother with that. It seemed complicated to me, but it works really well for me and it was a wonderful experience. I didn’t really do anything. They told me to sit in the waiting room and a couple of hours later, the car was fixed. I was so overjoyed because nothing had been wrong with the car. I was really glad. I’ve had a lot of people call me trying to get me to switch, but I’m quite content and that’s what I tell them. I have recommended Omega to several people. The lady who was with me, who I met in the waiting room, also had Omega and she was happy and satisfied.

When you are a woman and you are looking for a warranty company, you really have absolutely no idea what makes one company better than the other, so you are going to decide based on what some person is telling you over the phone. The guy who I spoke to made it enough for me to come with Omega. He made me feel like it was gonna be a good decision. In my 60s, I have been through the nightmare of taking the vehicle to places and it was just horror stories. I said that I needed a good warranty company that’s gonna do what they say they’re gonna do, and he did.

Ms. Pratt,

We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We work feverishly to constantly deliver world class service, and provide the best product on the market. One way to put us above the rest was to add the maintenance benefit package. Taking advantage of the maintenance benefits is very easy, and we would be more than happy to go over the details with you. Please reach out to our office at the number below for details.

Thank you for putting your trust in Omega Auto Care, and Safe Travels!

Omega Auto Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2019

My initial review was based upon the phone rep's inability to update me on status 2 days after submittal of documentation requested. After a couple of phone calls claim was approved. It took 4 days to get the approval.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My service provider submitted a claim for my transfer case that trashed on December 2, 2019. I contacted Advantage Pro/Omega on December 4 (the contact/claim phone number is the same for both companies) to check on activity as no response has been received to date. The response was that it had not even been looked at yet. I need this vehicle to drive to work in upstate NY snow belt. The claim sitting for 2 days without any review is unacceptable.

Gerald,

We are only as good as the information that we receive, and we worked your claim as fast as possible. Your claim was finished in 72 hours, which for a large claim is not unusual. We approved $2,202.63 to replace your transfer case.

We hope this was closed out to your satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I'm not satisfied with Omega Auto Care. I had to pay for a 220C battery and when I got home and called them. They told me they were gonna pay 100. I have not received it yet though. I don’t understand why they can’t put it back on my card. Their customer service has a real bad attitude. I have called them three times and talked to three different guys for the same problem. And every time I called, they've talked terribly.

Last week, I called and asked about my refund, but I couldn’t hear the rep well and couldn’t understand. I asked him to talk louder so I could hear him. He said that if I said that to him one more time, he would hang up on me. Why do they talk to me like that when I call to ask when will I receive my refund? I don’t even wanna call them anymore and I'm just gonna drop it. To be treated like this when they are taking $129.99 out of my account on the 1st of every month, I’m about ready to close Omega Auto Care out because I don’t like it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

My 1300 Ram is covered with Omega Auto Care. When I did an oil change, I sat in there, and the guy picked up the paperwork and said that I got a free oil change. He then contacted Omega. The oil change and a few filter change took about four hours. The experience went pretty good, until the guy called and told me that if I want another oil change or any parts on my brakes fixed, I’d have to pay another $124 a month. $162.29 is what I’m paying a month now. I’m not going to add another 124 to it. I was happy until this guy called. But, overall, my experience with Omega has been good so far.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Something happened with the brakes, and the dealership filed the claim for me. So far, I have heard nothing from them although I've been out of town for a week. Previously, I also did an oil change. Overall, my interactions with Omega have all been positive.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

One of my relatives referred us to Omega, and that was why we used them because we didn't know that much about any other warranty company. When we filed a claim, the only thing I didn't particularly care for is we had to go to certain places. They didn't acknowledge or knew what we needed them to do. When I went to get our oil changed, we had to take it to Firestone and then the person had to call in and get the okay -- I thought we would be able to take it to anywhere to get the oil changed. I would like to see us have a card where you can take it to the place and they would be able to swipe it and we'd get it done. Nevertheless, with the coverage on the AC condenser, everything has been working fine.

Omega Auto Care Company Information