4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

10/31/2018

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

01/31/2019

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

633 Omega Auto Care Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change. The brakes, blades and oil change was free and I got a $100 of my new battery. For the first year you get these incentives (3 oil changes up to $55 each). I’m very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle. The monthly payments are fair considering what you are getting. Don’t be skeptical in getting their coverage. You don’t need it until you NEED it. Saving up money for a car emergency sounds great, but their coverage is really a million times better and it brings great peace of mind. I almost can’t wait until something breaks on my car because I know they will take care of it and then I’ll have new car parts.

IMPORTANT: I’ve been able to go anywhere I want for work/repairs and they pay. However, the two places I went to get work done told me that they don’t take “insurance stuff”. I explained, “If you call them they will pay you immediately over the phone with a card.” I asked them, “Do you guys accept card over the phone if I were to pay you?’ Of course they said yes. I replied, “Thank you can take Omega.” It wasn’t really a hassle explaining that this was a legit form of payment. They called the number and got paid.

I say this to let you know that for some places you just have to explain to them how easy it is. They’re worried about delayed payments. Also, so that you don’t have to explain, you can go to your car dealership and they take Omega. Omega also has contracts with large companies like Pep Boys who are familiar with the process, so no hassles.

Overall, this really is a great company. I was concerned initially when they first called me to sell coverage but now I am SOOO happy that I have them. I can drive my car worry free knowing that if my transmission fails all I pay is $100 down, and the rest is taken care of. This morning when I got off work, I’m a paramedic, my car didn’t start FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER (and it’s a good car). The first thing that went through my head wasn’t worry about how much this was going to cost or, “I was saving for a vacation and now that’s out the window”. I thought, “This is a delay to my morning, but I’m financially set.” I really didn’t care what was wrong with the car. I just knew that it will be fixed and I won’t be broke. To conclude, get coverage for your car. It’s worth it.

Lymar,

Thank you so very much for this incredible review. People very often take the time to share their negative experiences, on review platforms, but do not share positive reviews nearly as often. This is why your very detailed review is so appreciated. You answered a lot of very common questions that people have, and I truly feel this review will help those who take the time to read it.

We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Omega Auto Care

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Purchasing the extended coverage was the smart thing to do. You get a used car, you get a warranty. I have a Chrysler 200 2015 covered with Omega Auto Care. I took the car to the dealership and they checked it out and they said something was wrong with something. I try to keep the car oiled and everything done on a regular basis, so I was wondering what they mean something was wrong. I was freaking on that and the rep asked didn’t I have a warranty. I said that I do, so he called the people at Omega and Omega really lived up to what they said. I’ve never used them before, but I know that they said that I could get free oil changes.

I just couldn’t understand how that worked inside and I just didn’t really bother with that. It seemed complicated to me, but it works really well for me and it was a wonderful experience. I didn’t really do anything. They told me to sit in the waiting room and a couple of hours later, the car was fixed. I was so overjoyed because nothing had been wrong with the car. I was really glad. I’ve had a lot of people call me trying to get me to switch, but I’m quite content and that’s what I tell them. I have recommended Omega to several people. The lady who was with me, who I met in the waiting room, also had Omega and she was happy and satisfied.

When you are a woman and you are looking for a warranty company, you really have absolutely no idea what makes one company better than the other, so you are going to decide based on what some person is telling you over the phone. The guy who I spoke to made it enough for me to come with Omega. He made me feel like it was gonna be a good decision. In my 60s, I have been through the nightmare of taking the vehicle to places and it was just horror stories. I said that I needed a good warranty company that’s gonna do what they say they’re gonna do, and he did.

Ms. Pratt,

We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We work feverishly to constantly deliver world class service, and provide the best product on the market. One way to put us above the rest was to add the maintenance benefit package. Taking advantage of the maintenance benefits is very easy, and we would be more than happy to go over the details with you. Please reach out to our office at the number below for details.

Thank you for putting your trust in Omega Auto Care, and Safe Travels!

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had purchased an extended warranty directly through Honda and I thought I was going ahead and signing up for further extension of the extended warranty that I already had on my Honda CR-V 2006. So when Omega called, I was confused. In fact, I probably would not have signed up for their warranty. I would have continued with my Honda extended warranties. However, when I was required to use the Omega warranty, it did come in handy. It significantly reduced the repairs to my car so I was very happy that I, at least, had something.

The issue was something that I thought was very routine but then all of a sudden, it was a major issue. I also had had some repairs done prior to that but I forgot all about that coverage and I ended up paying them out of pocket. This time, I asked S&S Tires if the warranty would cover the repair and the man said he wished I would have carried that thing in my glove compartment. And it’s always worth checking, even for any kind of request, to see if anything that would be covered was claimed. I handed my policy to the general manager of S&S Tires and he said he would contact Omega. I left the onus to him and he knew exactly what to do.

When S&S called to say my repairs were done, I asked if they had any luck and I was told that, yes, a certain amount was covered. The general manager also didn’t indicate any issue with determining what would be covered and what wasn’t. Overall, I had been pleased. I now carry the policy in my glove compartment and I plan on using it instead of forgetting about it.

Jody,

I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion, but at the same time I am happy to hear that it was all for the best. Although no one wants to deal with car repairs, it's nice to know someone is there to give you peace of mind. We are really thankful that you chose us to be that "someone".

Safe travels for the road ahead!

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My 2006 Ford Explorer is covered by Omega but I feel like the $3,039.95 was virtually for nothing. There is some stuff that Omega doesn't cover. So you gotta read your thing. I got a screwing one time because they said they don't cover valve gasket. I thought the representative was full of crap. They had to take the transmission out and put a front and a rear seal in it, and I don't see why they wouldn't cover it. I didn't appreciate that. They said they only cover that if something is wrong with the transmission. But all the fluid had leaked out and it wouldn't go. That was what they discovered when it was towed. I paid $4,000 for the warranty and ended up with nothing. Then they charged me $850 so I got screwed on that there. Now, I'm broke as a joke.

On the second time I used the warranty though, they actually covered everything. The belt on the air conditioner broke. It wrapped around and broke off the climate control sensor. Well, they didn't cover that and I had to pay for that. But they did cover the air conditioner, the labor, the belt and putting the gas back in it. So I didn't get screwed too bad there. But now, the vehicle has wiring harness issues and Omega is saying that they don't cover wiring. The mechanic said all the insulation is cracked around the wiring harness and it causes the vehicle to jump going on the road sometimes. It's like it's shutting off. Basically, it's a piece of junk.

On the other hand, as long as you give Omega the contract number, they know everything and they take care of it right away. I noticed that in some places you go to, they don't wanna touch that because they're afraid they're not gonna get paid. But that's just so they don't have to be an ASE shop. When I had the air conditioner and the climate control sensor fixed, the mechanic had dealt with those companies before and he said that was not a problem.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Months ago, I made a claim with Omega for the alternator of my Murano. My wife and I went to the beach and when we started to come back, we went around the back road to come out to the main road. We started getting out the main road when the car just started to stop. I started the car up again and then run it. I got to a stop sign and my wife said that we gotta pull over. But I said, “No. I think maybe it’ll run now.” So I turned the car out into the lane and there was some traffic. I then pulled out and went 10 yards and the car just stops again. So I pulled over to the far right and I was in good shape but it was dumb for me to do that. I called and a woman came by and she said, “I’m going over here to the police.” Then, the cops came over. I had the car towed into a shop ‘cause I had no idea what was wrong. The Omega claims process was great. I was surprised that everybody was working to help us, even the cops and that’s what I like.

When it all happened I told my wife that I thought we were just gonna be ripped off somehow and somebody wasn’t gonna do something, but I was 100% wrong. And that’s why when I decided to do the other car with Omega, it was easy to do. Other people were calling me about the other car and I kept telling them not yet. The other car didn’t have the mileage yet and the full handed warranty was still in it. But it seems that the warranty went out. I called Omega and told them that I have a warranty with them in one car and my other car’s out of that warranty period. I asked them if they would take the other car in, and then they told me to give them the information. I gave the information to the guy I talked with and the mileage on that car is only 20,000 miles. Then they said, “Okay, fine. We got it.” And so, we sent them a check and everything’s fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: July 30, 2019

Omega kept calling me offering a warranty and I liked their price over other providers. One time, the AC on the 2012 Cadillac CTS I have covered with them wasn't blowing at all. I called them and they took my information. The claims process was easy and I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I have a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder covered through Omega. When I took my vehicle in to the people who do my mechanic work, the rep took the paperwork out of my car and went through all the steps for submitting a claim. Omega never questioned me and I never got a phone call stating that there was an issue. I've been very satisfied with them. Right now, I need to take my vehicle to the dealership as something is going on with the tailgate sensors. In the long run, having Omega's coverage is beneficial.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 27, 2019

My husband said we needed extended coverage on the Ford Flex and I thought Omega was a good insurance so we put it on there. However, we were paying $225 a month on it and my son said it was too much. And then, I had a claim and was very dissatisfied with my experience. I had a problem with the air condition, and though the claim process wasn't too tough, I ended up paying $500 out-of-pocket. Omega charged me too much for the work that they did on my vehicle. I canceled with them and would tell people I wouldn’t take that insurance. I don’t think customers are getting a good deal on it.

Doris,

We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our coverage. I took a closer look at your claim, and the additional out of pocket cost was for maintenance items you had done. There was an additional $96 in labor that your repair facility charged you above what was necessary according to the national labor guide. Although we will pay the posted labor rate, we cannot be responsible for overcharged labor.

Also, the reason you were paying $225/month is because you were only making payments for 15 months out of 60.

We would be more than happy to go over things with you in greater detail if you would like. Please reach out to our office at your earliest convenience.

Omega Auto Care

Original review: July 26, 2019

I drive a lot and with a high mileage car, I wanted to protect myself because my other warranty had run out and I didn’t think I would be able to obtain another. We also weren’t sure if we were gonna replace our car. On top of that, I'm a believer in, “Everything happens for a reason,” and when Omega Auto Care called, it was a good time. My husband and I usually like to do a lot of research because we had been scammed before. But Omega made me feel comfortable and they didn’t seem to be fast-talking, ready to sign a contract and take money right away. They were patient over the phone so I said I was just gonna go for it and I'm glad I did.

I didn’t expect to need services so quickly. At that point, we’ve had them for about four months. We weren’t sure if Omega was gonna cover anything at all. But the experience was good. Omega handled our claim very well and in a timely manner. My husband and I were pleased with the service. It was a hassle-free experience where I didn’t have to do a lot. The work between the shop and Omega made it very easy for us to continue with our busy lives and still get business taken care of. I would recommend Omega to friends and family.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My original coverage had ran out and I thought I needed to add some more. I went with Omega because they were real agreeable and acceptable. They answered all of my questions. I didn’t feel uncomfortable with them and I had no problems with them. When our BMW had an air conditioner issue, the service person that takes care of it did all the calling and making arrangements. We just waited till the work was done the same day and it was a good outcome. I’m real satisfied with Omega. I was thinking about calling them when this runs out or it gets close to the end and maybe adding another 6,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Company Information