4.3/5 (128 ratings)

About Omega Auto Care

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

Pros

• Wide-ranging plan options
  • Covers older cars
  • Small down payments

Cons

• No online quote process
  • Not available in every state

Bottom Line

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Verified

I filed a claim for a control arm of my 2016 Dodge Charger with Omega Auto Care. The process was fairly easy. I just gave my information to the people who fixed my vehicle and the...

Verified

I couldn't afford to pay things that are not right with the vehicle. ... I went with Omega and everything was good. ... I made an appointment then I went in there and they did my ...

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary, expect to pay roughly $2 a day for one of Omega Auto Care’s extended warranties. Exact prices depend on your coverage and the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online quote process from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to a representative to receive more information on pricing.

Like most extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for extended auto warranties from other companies are often $100 or more.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from the least coverage to the most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine*
*The given Omega Auto Care plan covers some repairs in this category but not all
Powertrain Plus
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering
Exclusionary
The Exclusionary plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Drive axle
  • Engine
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on the company’s website.

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of the market in terms of both mileage and age.

Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years, but there are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage kicks in. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement.

• Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump-starts.
  • Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days.
  • Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this, though.

Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires (limit $100 per tire).

All Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Omega Auto Care FAQ

Where is Omega Auto Care available?
Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states. The company does not offer warranty plans in Minnesota, Rhode Island, Washington or California.
How many plans does Omega Auto Care offer?
Omega Auto Care has five plans across three tiers.
  • Exclusionary coverage is suitable for vehicles that are seven years old or less with under 100,000 miles at the time of signing.
  • Used Stated warranty coverage is suitable for vehicles 10 years old or less with under 150,000 miles.
  • Powertrain protection is suitable for vehicles less than 15 years old with under 250,000 miles. Within this tier are three additional plans: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain Enhanced.
Does Omega Auto Care cover older vehicles?
Yes, but Omega Auto Care does not offer coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old or with over 250,000 miles.

Is Omega Auto Care legit?

Omega Auto Care is a solid choice if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Its reimbursements are relatively generous, even if the overall costs of its plans are average. Small down payments make it easy to get started. Omega Auto Care is a particularly good choice for cars with high mileage since it covers vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Original review: July 15, 2021

My car's light stayed on all the time, so I went in and had it checked. After I said, “Well, what’s going to happen?” The dealership said, “It’ll get where it’ll really lose power, you won’t be able to hardly go. It’ll barely go. We’re not gonna let you drive it out here.” They loaned me a good vehicle to drive while they were getting my car repaired in the shop. The only thing I don't like is having to get pre-authorization before doing something. Luckily, one boy at the dealership read the books and said something about having to call Omega Auto Care first. Also, the parts have to come from Omega, too. They can’t use regular Ford parts or dealer parts. Other than those, everything's fine.

Billie,

Thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. We appreciate all feedback, and customer satisfaction is definitely at the very top of our priority list. We continuously make a effort to make sure the authorization process is as expeditious as possible. We understand that being without your vehicle is incredibly inconvenient, and we want to minimize that time.

Thank you for understanding, and for bein part of the Omega Auto Care family.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

The most recent claim I had was for an electrical issue with my car. The issue was with my USB plug and Omega handled it really well. I was able to walk in there. I was able to let them know what was up, told them that this is the number, and this is the car thing. They walked me through the steps like how I needed to tell them to make sure they didn’t do anything beforehand. Everything worked out really well and smoothly. I got it replaced and Omega paid and they didn't have a hard time. The only issue that I had with them was that I had a hard time trying to get them through their number. But eventually, I was able to get through.

Omega had a service where I paid monthly and they helped with oil changes and minor car things. That was the most frustrating thing that I have ever dealt with with Omega. I eventually canceled that because it was just wasting my time. When I had to stop somewhere else to get my oil change and basic service, they said, “Well we've never heard of this. We don't have it in our system.” They tried calling Omega and they always got the answering machine. One time, one of Omega's staff was really rude to me when I was talking to them. Having an oil change was supposed to take an hour at most. But I was waiting for almost four hours, just to get a confirmation thing. So I wasn’t a fan of the extra services that they offer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I had bought a battery for $106. I called Omega and they told me I do have battery covered up to $100. They sent me a form, I sent them the receipt, and I received my $100 back this week. I had some repairs done at the Honda dealership too. It was the little mechanism for the side mirror and the air blower from the air conditioner. The only thing I didn't like is the warranty that I have doesn’t cover all the costs at the dealership. I had to pay another $70 out of pocket. I’m a little curious as to when I go for an oil change, how much more I'm gonna have to pay. But I’ve told a few people that Omega is who I went with. I misplaced my book and they mailed me one within five to seven days.

Monique,

Than you for your feedback. Maintenance items all have a specified amount that we pay towards them, which will never change. Mechanical claims are based on national labor guides and market prices of part. For a more in depth explanation, please give out office a call at 877-850-0443 and choose option 2 for customer service.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I have a Boss 302 Mustang with a Coyote engine covered with Omega Auto Care. It’s a high performance. It’s the most beautiful car. She gets the best care. I just got back from Louisiana. I was out visiting friends. I drove out there, and I took it into Ford there to have them check it out. I put 3,000 miles on the car in two weeks. Still, it has 35,000 miles on it.

I love my car. I got a letter from Omega saying that they knew about Gilbert Ford. When I talked to the guys in their office there, they had a picture of the car. They knew the car. So I said, “I’ll go with them.” I see CarShield on TV all the time. I’ve dealt with Home Shield on my mother's house, and I had to cuss at them to get them to stop trying to bill us for cancelling our contract. So, anything with Shield on it, I just stay away. So, I picked Omega. My claim to get the oil change done worked out very well. I knew it would be expensive because it's the best oil there is and it’s 8 quarts, not 5. They did a 24 point check, which I get done every six months. They rotated my tires and they did a bunch of other stuff. I was very satisfied with the service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

A lot of times if I don't understand some things, I'll give Omega a call to see if something is covered. Last week, I asked if the windows are under my coverage since the driver's side window is down and I have already fixed it twice. I took the car in and they said that they had to get it approved. I'm satisfied with Omega. The only problem is that I can't get through sometimes when I call in. I've waited for like 45 minutes to an hour the first time I called, and I never got through to anybody. The only way I get through to anybody is when I call the claims department.

Ms. Yvonne,

I am interested in knowing what number you have been dialing to reach us, as we do not have 45 minute hold times. The only number for Omega Auto Care is 877-850-0443, so if that isn't the one you have been dialing, it wasn't us. You an always call us, and simply choose option 2 for customer service, for assistance.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I've had to use the warranty one time and overall, I'm satisfied. I just hate the part where I had to pay more than my deductible. I was told that Omega only covered a certain amount and I was responsible for the rest. It was only $24, so I didn't complain too much. But I shouldn't have had to come out of my pocket other than the deductible. Not a whole lot of people in my area know about Omega. I got a Dodge, but I had to take it to a Toyota dealer because they were familiar with Omega as insurance. But other than that, the claims process was great. So far, Omega rocks.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I wish I could leave a zero star, this place refuse to pay my diagnostics and the repair. Their excuse was if they can't see then there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I took my vehicle because my ac was not working. Drove it around for almost a week without ac. it didn't blow out any air and it would make a noise when I tried to turn it on. The mechanic came to conclusion and submit the report.

The adjuster (KEVIN) for Omega sent out the adjuster and all of a sudden there is nothing wrong with my vehicle. For some reason my ac turned on. The mechanic even sent videos and picture of leaks and the ac making noise when they ran the test. The adjuster failed to run proper tests and just took a visual look. The adjuster should be require to run all the same test as the mechanics do. The auto place said they tried to show the adjuster their results he refused and the adjust was rude. I pay monthly so it's one less thing I have to worry about but it not even worth it's too much stress! Don't sign up with the company! Believe me I'll be leaving this same review everywhere. I hope you lose business. -angry customer

Ms. Vasquez,

We are very sorry to see that you are so unhappy, but if the AC is working, we won't know which part to replace. Your AC system is comprised on tons of parts, and in order to repair it, we have to know which one is causing the issue. Therefore, if it is working, we cannot determine what part that is.

Having said that, we are more than happy to cover any eligible repair, if it were to fail in the future.

If you are in need of any assistance, or wish to get further clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service.

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I got Omega Care because I wanted regular oil change for my car and generally, if I needed parts fixed that I really can’t pay out of pocket, I just pay monthly for it and it could help me out. Signing up was great, quick and easy. They presented the products in a well-mannered and professional way. Everything I asked for, they explained in deeper detail. There were some things I didn’t really ask for, but it was more knowledgeable on my part and it helped out. Doing a claim for an oil change was easy, but I didn’t know I had to go through steps on my first time getting an oil change through them. They could be more upfront about it, instead of you calling them and asking more information about it. Omega is a good place to go.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Omega Auto Care is a good service. The coverage I read in the contract was good. The only thing is when I call them, I'm put on hold for more than 10 to 15 minutes. Yesterday, I called them and left a number and they said they'll call back and there was no call. Also, when the place I go to to have oil change calls to verify my contract, they have a hard time to get approval from the agent at Omega. It takes so long for them to get them approved. I just go ahead and pay out of pocket. This was on the last two oil changes I got. I have my oil change receipt with me. I just haven't had time to call them. Other than that, Omega is a good company. I would recommend others to sign up for the contract.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The experience with Omega was great. It was hassle-free. Everything is good. I'm satisfied. The claim submission process was super easy. I just called in, gave them the number and gave it back to the guy that was doing the work.

Omega Auto Care Company Information