Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was really impressed with Omega Auto Care and I'm happy to have their type of protection plan. I've owned cars many times before and when the manufacturer's warranty expires, I've always ended up paying out of pocket astronomically for repairs. Also, monthly payments to Omega have been very reasonable. They fit perfectly into my budget. Every time I spoke with someone from there, customer service was amazing, even for simple questions. The reps were very professional and all of my concerns and needs were answered. When I drive my car, I have so much confidence because I have protection in case something breaks down I can take my vehicle to the dealership and get it repaired.

For my last claim, my headlight had gone out. My neighbor who is really good with cars checked it and said the bulb is ought. He replaced the bulb and less than five days later, the bulb went out again. I then thought there was something wrong with the wiring. When I took it in to have it serviced, the dealership was able to call Omega who then took care of the claim for me. They called me and told me that the dealership called them and told them what was going on. They reassured me that they already took care of everything in case the dealership would call and say something different.

Being a female, the dealership tried me. They called and told me this amount and that amount. I told them that Omega's rep already assured me that everything was gonna be taken care of. I called Omega back and they told me exactly what they were covering and what my bill would be. They said when the dealership calls me to pick up my car, all I would do is pay my $100 deductible. I would've had to pay this great big deal as opposed to paying a simple $100 deductible. That was amazing. Omega's reps are like attorneys who fight for me as their customer.

My Omega warranty is one of the best investments I've ever made. I will never own a car without having this type of protection again. It is like having health for your car. Since I've had it, I've been nothing but pleased. My coverage goes all the way up to next year and before it expires, I'm gonna buy it again. I've even told my family and friends about it.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was losing the current warranty that I had on my car, and I’d done some research online and saw that the Omega one was good. I’ve submitted one claim and I got pretty lucky. There were two things wrong with the car, one was the fuel sensor and the other was the transmission. The transmission, luckily, was still covered on the original warranty ‘cause I didn’t have as many miles on the car.

Omega was awesome. I got a couple of phone calls from them. They processed the claim and took care of their end. I have no complaints about Omega at all though the process took a while because of the way the car was. They thought they fixed it, then they realized they didn’t. But the original problem, the one that was covered by Omega which was the fuel sensor, took about 48 hours. It was pretty quick. The repair shop from Ford contacted Omega and let them know what it was. Then I got a phone call saying that they were gonna approve it. It was great customer service.

I work for the post office and we have a saying there called CYA (Cover Your **), and warranties cover you. You look at the payment month-to-month. Sometimes, you sit there and think, “What am I paying it for?” But at the end of the day, if something happens, for what the out-of-pocket cost is gonna cost you or for something that could be thousands and thousands of dollars, it’s definitely worth it. It gives you that peace of mind knowing that. My wife and I have one vehicle so if something happens, we need to have something fixed and fast and not costing us a mortgage or more. I’ve recommended Omega to people that work up at my office and a couple of other people are actually gonna be looking online.

Kevin,

Thank you for joining the Omega family. It sounds like the claim went very smoothly, which is great to hear. We appreciate the kind words, and you taking the time to share your experience.

Omega Auto Care

Original review: March 13, 2020

Omega was better than some of the others that I had talked with. A fellow called and he made the warranty sound real good. It was advertising. But so far, it has been pretty good. The dealership told me that this was a pretty good warranty because most warranties don’t pay for a lot of stuff on the vehicles. In fact, I had one claim and it was great. I was having some problems with my car. It was showing that it was running hot and then I had this gas smell that had started. So I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the radiator.

Only thing I didn't agree with with Omega was that they had to change out the water pump that was making it run hot. Everybody knows once you change out a water pump, you have to change out the thermostat. But just because that thermostat didn't show that it was messing up, they didn't pay for that. That was $180 I had to pay out of my pocket. That’s the bad experience I had with it. Everything has to show a fault code. But sometimes, common sense has to come into play. You can’t go right by the book on different things. The thermostat goes inside the water pump, right on top of it, and you can’t change one without changing the other. But other than that, everything was good. If everything that coincides with the other is changed out and they represent each one of those components, that would be better.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience Walter. We greatly appreciate you and your choice to go with our company.

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I didn't have a problem at all going through Omega. But it was the car place that tried to rip me off. I took my car in for other reason, that it was sluggish. They knew what was wrong with it, but the only thing they put on was the new catalytic converter. They tuned it up. It was $1300 which I didn't have. I had to call my sister-in-law. Then it was still sluggish. And they said, "It needs a new coil ignition." That was why I took in the car, that it was sluggish in the first place.

I was a little pissed when I took the vehicle in, the auto place was supposed to do it in the first place. Then when I went and picked up the car, they said it was done. Then when I took off, the light came on, then it went off, then it blinked at me, then it went off. It stayed off for the whole day. Then it came back on Saturday and it stayed on until Monday. I had to take it back in Monday and they fixed it. And then, they said, "It's gonna cost you a 100 bucks." I came home and I had Bruce from Omega call them. Then the rep from the auto place called me back. She said, "It won't cost you anything. Bring it back in." So, I took it in yesterday at 1 o'clock when I had appointment. Omega Auto Care paid for everything. I didn't have to pay out of my pocket.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I had my Dodge van's alternator fixed and everything was 1,000% good, except I had to get towed out of the parking lot and it cost only $45, but Omega denied paying it. My alternator quit right in the middle of an intersection and a young couple helped me push my car off the road. The garage was a mile down the road so we called them. They came down with their jumper and they left it on my car so that I could drive to their garage. When I got there, they said that they were backed up and it was gonna be three days before we could even look at the car. They told me about another place across town.

The only way I could get to the other garage was to get towed. I was surprised that they only charged $45, which I thought was cheap. But when I called Omega and turned the charge in, they denied the $45 and said something about not paying for towing from a garage. I paid $2,500 for the warranty, and now they denied the charge when I was in a bind. I got the denial letter and they said I could file a written appeal. I haven't gotten the chance to do that yet.

The towing issue aside, everything went well at the place where I had my car fixed. I brought my paperwork in there, they looked at it, got on the phone quickly and called Omega. Omega answered quickly and the repair place told them what it was gonna cost. When the repair place got the part, they were paid before they even got the work started, which surprised and thrilled them. It was fantastic.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Omega called me after I bought my Camaro, which is very technical and I wanted to be sure that I was safe and not have a big bill. The rep was in Louisiana, we had a nice little conversation and I signed up. I've had two claims and in the most recent one, my man over the Chevrolet place handled it for me. I’ve had five batteries in 15 months on my car and I finally took it back to Chevrolet. I told them to find out what's wrong with it. So, they checked it out and the computer was bad. They replaced it and I wasn't charged that much for it. I'm glad that I have Omega.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 3, 2020

I filed two claims with Omega. One was in regard to my driveshaft and that one kinda didn't go too well as I expected. Nonetheless, my truck did get fixed. It's just the situation on how it went down. My driveshaft came out on me on a Sunday evening. It left me stranded in the middle of the freeway. The next place I could probably take my truck to or get it towed to was the Chevy house there. By the time the tow truck got to me and we delivered the truck, it was already almost 9 o'clock. The dealership was already closed already. They dropped me off at the airport 'cause that was where I was gonna be able to get mobile as far as getting a rental 'cause everything else was closed. It didn't work so I had to pay for the hotel that night which was about $115.

Since it was on a Sunday evening, I couldn't get a technician or an auto mechanic to sit here and file that claim for me. How was I supposed to get somebody to file the claim for me if their work hours were already passed and it was already too late? I was supposed to be reimbursed $115, my gas, and everything that I was accumulating while my truck was in the shop. I saved the receipts and submitted it to them. I also bought a meal. I had to get out of the hotel by 11 o'clock the next day and that's when they were able to file my claim. Because they didn't file the claim Sunday night, they didn't reimburse me my hotel stay and the gas.

Since I couldn't get a rental, the Chevy house went ahead and paid that rental for me so I could get something mobile to get back home. All of that was put on a ticket where I had to pay out of pocket when I had to go pick up my truck. That too was about $200-something and wasn't reimbursed to me because technically it wasn't under my name. All I got reimbursed was $30 for an In-N-Out Burger meal. As far as getting my truck going, they went ahead and paid for the driveline and U-joints.

My second claim that was filed was not too long ago. It was in regards to my AC condenser and compressor, all dealing with manufactured factory things. I went back straight to the Chevy dealership because everything has to come back out of the Chevy house no matter what. They checked it out and told me what was wrong. They also asked how did I wanna pay with it. I told them I'd file the insurance on Omega because it's supposed to be insured.

Mr. Nickles,

I am very sorry to hear that you are so dissatisfied that you feel that we deserve a 1-star rating, especially since we have so far paid $2,506.94 in claims for you in just over a year. We cannot pay for lodging from before the loss date on your claim. If the loss date was the day prior, then your repair facility should have let us know, and it would have been valid.

Hopefully your claims moving forward will be much smoother, and we can earn your trust and better star rating.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: May 28, 2020

A friend of mine had Omega. He was telling me about it and how good it was, so that’s why I chose them. However, I’ve been having this problem with my truck since March. There's a part that one side of the air conditioning is getting hot, then one side of it is getting cold. They need to replace a part in there and they're not doing it. They wanna get a part from somewhere else to put in there, and I’m not down with that. It’s a Dodge and the dealer sells the parts for their automobile. It might be more expensive than somewhere else, but I don’t believe in getting across the counter parts. They’ve had the truck for a little over a week now and that’s been a problem. Everything else is fixed and ready to go. It’s just the air conditioner shuts off because this part is getting hot and the compressor shuts down to protect the other parts. I’m very displeased because I thought once I got this insurance, I was covered. I’m paying over $3,000 for this insurance, and they're trying to go against the dealer.

Mr. Hamilton,

I am glad that we were able to get this misunderstanding squared away. We appreciate your business and for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Have a great weekend!

Omega Auto Care

Original review: May 15, 2020

I got Omega on my Chevy and I filed a claim for a couple of things. One was for my steering hose and it was a lot. The claim process is fast. The dealer will contact me and then they'll contact Omega. Omega then pays for everything 'cause they said they will pay for emission. Also, when I got the warranty, I also paid for other things like wheel changes and brakes and it expires every year. There should be a call when it's about to expire to let me know 'cause I didn't get a chance to use mine. Other than that, the claims process has been great.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I took my 2016 Tacoma to a dealership and the guy there contacted Omega. That was a while ago. It was pretty easy and good. A seal in the power steering pump was broken but Omega wouldn’t cover a new pump. They will just cover the fix, like the patch job to seal it up. The dealership just ended up fixing the leak. But in due time, the patch kit will eventually fail and a new pump will be needed. I’ll see them again in three or four years. But I’m all right with the way Omega went about it because they covered the repair kit and it got fixed, only in a different way. I would’ve preferred if it was a new pump altogether though. It would’ve been cool. I also only paid a little bit.

Eric,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I completely understand where you are coming from, but since your power steering pump hadn't actually failed, replacing the seals was all that was needed. However, if the pump were to fail, it is definitely eligible for coverage at that time.

Thank you for choosing Omega auto Care!

Omega Auto Care Company Information