4.0/5 (161 ratings)

About Omega Auto Care

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

Pros

• Wide-ranging plan options
  • Covers older cars
  • Small down payments

Cons

• No online quote process
  • Not available in every state

Bottom Line

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Verified

I filed a claim for a control arm of my 2016 Dodge Charger with Omega Auto Care. The process was fairly easy. I just gave my information to the people who fixed my vehicle and the...

Verified

I couldn't afford to pay things that are not right with the vehicle. ... I went with Omega and everything was good. ... I made an appointment then I went in there and they did my ...

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary, expect to pay roughly $2 a day for one of Omega Auto Care’s extended warranties. Exact prices depend on your coverage and the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online quote process from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to a representative to receive more information on pricing.

Like most extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for extended auto warranties from other companies are often $100 or more.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from the least coverage to the most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine*
*The given Omega Auto Care plan covers some repairs in this category but not all
Powertrain Plus
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering
Exclusionary
The Exclusionary plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Drive axle
  • Engine
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on the company’s website.

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of the market in terms of both mileage and age.

Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years, but there are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage kicks in. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement.

• Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump-starts.
  • Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days.
  • Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this, though.

Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires (limit $100 per tire).

All Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Omega Auto Care FAQ

Where is Omega Auto Care available?
Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states. The company does not offer warranty plans in Minnesota, Rhode Island, Washington or California.
How many plans does Omega Auto Care offer?
Omega Auto Care has five plans across three tiers.
  • Exclusionary coverage is suitable for vehicles that are seven years old or less with under 100,000 miles at the time of signing.
  • Used Stated warranty coverage is suitable for vehicles 10 years old or less with under 150,000 miles.
  • Powertrain protection is suitable for vehicles less than 15 years old with under 250,000 miles. Within this tier are three additional plans: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain Enhanced.
Does Omega Auto Care cover older vehicles?
Yes, but Omega Auto Care does not offer coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old or with over 250,000 miles.

Is Omega Auto Care legit?

Omega Auto Care is a solid choice if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Its reimbursements are relatively generous, even if the overall costs of its plans are average. Small down payments make it easy to get started. Omega Auto Care is a particularly good choice for cars with high mileage since it covers vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Original review: March 5, 2022

Something was wrong with the front end of my car and I wasn’t sure what the noise was. But the dealership was able to fix it and I only paid my $100. It was great. But there’s a big disconnect between the dealership and Omega. I constantly have to remind my dealership that I have Omega. Even though I bought the warranty from the dealership, they don't seem to have my Omega information linked to my account. So when I call and tell them, “Hey, this is what's going wrong. This is gonna be my claim kind of thing, I want to use it as my claim,” they would say, “What kind of claim? What are you talking about?” I would tell them that I have Omega. Then they would say, “Oh, okay. We’ll have to check it. We’ll let you know if we can do that.”

I didn’t know that I had a first year maintenance plan. So it went past that. I paid for two oil changes out of pocket, and never even realized that I coulda got my oil change for free or up to a certain dollar amount for the first year. Two weeks ago, I went and had my oil changed and told the dealership to use my Omega. But they said, “What?” I told them that I have a maintenance plan. They said, “Oh, okay, okay,” and they just blew it off. But I didn’t think to check with it. I checked out of it and paid 20 bucks out of my pocket because there was something else I bought. A few hours later, I got an email from the dealership saying, “Hey, you still owe this money. Your Omega didn’t cover this." So I called Omega and they said, “Yeah, you only have one-year maintenance plan.” But nobody told me that that was up from Omega. Nobody told me that that warranty was gone now and my year had lapsed.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Omega Auto Care was friendly over the phone. I had a bunch of questions to make sure it was not fraudulent because I always got that kind of stuff in the mail. They answered the questions I had. It was quick and just did paperwork, and we were able to handle the rest. I forgot that I got extended warranty services and the dealership told me that this one part would cost $1,800. I said, "Oh, my goodness." It was just our hazard lights were stuck on. Once I remembered I had it, I called Omega to see, "Hey, is this something that it would be covered?" And they said, "Yup, as long as it wasn't your fault, as long as it's just a mechanical break, then we can cover it." All I had to do was give my service manager at the dealership the phone and they coordinated the rest with Omega.

You got to read the fine print and know what is covered. So, before you pay for the service, make sure the things that matter to you are covered. For me, the biggest things were the tires. If anything randomly happened to the tires, the transmission, the engine, and the electronics to go along, which were all covered. Just realizing that if it's something that you did wrong and it was your fault, they probably would cover it. It's more or less to cover things that are no longer covered by the factory warranty for the new car. The thing they investigated with my case was whether I spilled something on the console that caused the switch to get stuck. So, as long as you realize that you got to take care of your car still. It's not a free pass. I only had to pay a $100 co-pay instead of $1,800 for a part. So, I'm extremely satisfied. My experience was awesome.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Omega Auto Care told me that they covered certain things which I was good for, which was my engine and electrical problems. So, I felt good with going with them. Purchasing was easy. And the reps were good. When they handled the claim, they handled well. They gave me a rent-a-car. The shop put a used part in my car. It malfunctioned and the car had to go back in the shop. So, I'm waiting for the adjuster to get to the shop. The only thing is I had the car for a week, drove it once, and now it's back in the shop. It has been there for three weeks. So, I'm a little frustrated, but I'm trying to figure out on whose end is supposed to do what because my car is still just sitting there. Whoever Omega had handling my case ended up going on leave. So, that put it in for the next person to take control of it so I could get somebody to start dealing with and handling my situation instead of me calling all over the place, getting frustrated.

They should just have the adjuster reach out more. Whoever's handling the claim, to make sure things are going accordingly with time. Because a lot of times, the dealer put it on the warranty people, and a warranty headed back and put it on the dealership when it comes to who they got the parts from, then the customer is left with the, "What's going on?" So, more of having the reps call when they deal with the claims to make sure that the claim is moving forward. Weeks shouldn't go by me not knowing what is going on with my car. That's the major problem right there. Every week, it should at least be a courtesy call with an update. Other than that, I had a great experience.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Omega Auto Care did everything they were supposed to do for me. They were very professional, and I got everything handled in a minimal amount of time. I have it on my 2017 Hyundai Sonata. My air conditioner went out and it was covered under my warranty. They gave me very good service. When I sent the claim in, the dealer was gonna charge me a good amount of money. What Omega did was they reduced the amount of the air conditioning. The air conditioner in their warehouse was a lot less than what the air conditioner was in the dealership. So, that saved me a little bit of money. When that went down, they had it here within two days and the dealership fixed it the next day. I had my car within three days.

As far as the claim process, once I understood what they were trying to do, it became a lot easier. They were trying to explain stuff to me that I really had to ask three times to make sure I was doing what they were doing. It kind of worked out to my benefit, so I was happy with that. I'm very satisfied. The only thing is in Thanksgiving, they didn’t have a lot of representatives that I could get to. I had to wait until that Monday to really get into it. The problem happened on a Friday, and they had one person working. If they would have told us, “You need to call back on Monday, and we have more people,” it would have been easier. We kept calling this dude, and he never answered the phone back. But once Monday came in, I talked to somebody in the office and got an appointment and it was okay after that. I would recommend them based on what I had to do. They did a good job.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Omega Auto Care was the most affordable warranty that anyone offered me. The warranty that I was originally going to go with was about triple the price of what I'm paying now. The person that I spoke to at Omega was extremely informative. She was very quick and helpful when it came to me not knowing a lot of stuff. I didn't have to ask a lot of questions. She knew exactly what to say and how to sell the warranty. She knows about cars herself. She was telling me that not only is this specific warranty in my budget, but it also is paired through a lot of local auto shops that are nearby. A lot of other warranties that I did look at, they are pretty far out. Some places charge for towing and it's not included with the warranty, but Omega includes that. Also, I didn't have to pay a big deposit or have to do anything crazy with fees.

I did a claim yesterday for the starter on my car that finally went out. I had to be transferred to an adjuster about getting the ball rolling and on seeing if I could get a rental. It was fast and and they explained to me that I needed to wait for the auto shop to call them, that I didn't even need to make the claim and that they were going to take care of everything for me. That was pretty convenient. For the rental, I am covered for it. I just have to get the green light from the shop. What they will do is the shop will organize the whole rental getting set up if I absolutely need it. They still need to diagnose the car. They said it is the starter, but it could also maybe be something else. Now that the warranty is done, it could be the battery going out too. They were brief about it at the shop.

Omega Auto Care response

Victoria,

We are always happy to hear when we meet, or exceed, our customer's expectations. We hope we can continue to do so moving forward.

Happy Holidays!

Original review: May 8, 2022

Signing up for Omega was pretty simple. I spoke to several different representatives at the time because I wasn't sure upon talking to them how soon I wanted to move forward. They were very courteous. I felt like they understood what I needed to move forward on my policy. Omega was pretty affordable at the time when I bought it and I received a promotion to get oil changes and all sorts of things that I felt were viable for my vehicle. If you want to get an extended coverage or warranty for your vehicle, Omega is the way to go.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep answered any questions that I had and explained what things would be covered under the warranty. If I broke down on the side of the road, I could have a new car until my car was fixed and the hotel payment for the night if I was stuck somewhere out of town. She helped me enroll in the automatic payment. I use it for my latest oil change and at first, the lady at the dealership said she had not seen it before but it went through.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Omega covered major issues like your transmission and motor. The lady was nice and informative when I talked to her.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Omega Auto Care had the most coverage for the least amount of money. The rep was very polite. Also, he explained it very thoroughly to where I didn't need to ask any questions. He was good with the job. I'm paying 150 a month, and I was told that the 150 for the bumper-to-bumper, and after six months, it becomes 65, which I've never heard before. I've never owned a newer vehicle. So, I've never had bumper-to-bumper coverage. That was a big selling point for me and I hardly noticed it coming out of my account.

This was the first new truck that I ever had. Omega would help me get a rental car and pay for the repair. Omega is one of the best when it comes to coverage because life happens and no one can expect their car or truck to break down and they need a reliable company to cover their vehicles. And when it does, they need someone they can rely on.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I had to have my car serviced but got the runaround. My car was kept for a month. At every angle, when it got to the extended warranty part for Omega, they found every reason not to pay for it. The only person that’s stopping them from not paying for my car is me. They didn't know research. They said they couldn't pay for it and it was under warranty. After I researched it for them and gave them the information, they looked it up and said, "You're right. It's not under warranty. We'll pay it.” Then the next day, they come with something else. Four times. It took me days and days to figure it out and give them the information. It was almost about 4,800 and in the end, they paid it.

Omega Auto Care Company Information