Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

PROS

• Wide-ranging plan options
  • Covers older cars
  • Small down payments

CONS

• No online quote process
  • Not available in every state

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

I filed a claim for a control arm of my 2016 Dodge Charger with Omega Auto Care. The process was fairly easy. I just gave my information to the people who fixed my vehicle and they got it handled. I was very satisfied with Omega. They are good to deal with and they do everything in a timely manner.

I couldn't afford to pay things that are not right with the vehicle. ... I went with Omega and everything was good. ... I made an appointment then I went in there and they did my oil change for me. They were nice. Omega Auto Care is a good deal.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary, expect to pay roughly $2 a day for one of Omega Auto Care’s extended warranties. Exact prices depend on your coverage and the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online quote process from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to a representative to receive more information on pricing.

Like most extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for extended auto warranties from other companies are often $100 or more.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from the least coverage to the most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine*
*The given Omega Auto Care plan covers some repairs in this category but not all
Powertrain Plus
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering
Exclusionary
The Exclusionary plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Drive axle
  • Engine
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on the company’s website.

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of the market in terms of both mileage and age.

Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years, but there are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage kicks in. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement.

• Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump-starts.
  • Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days.
  • Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this, though.

Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires (limit $100 per tire).

All Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Omega Auto Care FAQ

Where is Omega Auto Care available?
Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states. The company does not offer warranty plans in Minnesota, Rhode Island, Washington or California.
How many plans does Omega Auto Care offer?
Omega Auto Care has five plans across three tiers.
  • Exclusionary coverage is suitable for vehicles that are seven years old or less with under 100,000 miles at the time of signing.
  • Used Stated warranty coverage is suitable for vehicles 10 years old or less with under 150,000 miles.
  • Powertrain protection is suitable for vehicles less than 15 years old with under 250,000 miles. Within this tier are three additional plans: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain Enhanced.
Does Omega Auto Care cover older vehicles?
Yes, but Omega Auto Care does not offer coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old or with over 250,000 miles.

Is Omega Auto Care legit?

Omega Auto Care is a solid choice if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Its reimbursements are relatively generous, even if the overall costs of its plans are average. Small down payments make it easy to get started. Omega Auto Care is a particularly good choice for cars with high mileage since it covers vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I have a Boss 302 Mustang with a Coyote engine covered with Omega Auto Care. It’s a high performance. It’s the most beautiful car. She gets the best care. I just got back from Louisiana. I was out visiting friends. I drove out there, and I took it into Ford there to have them check it out. I put 3,000 miles on the car in two weeks. Still, it has 35,000 miles on it.

I love my car. I got a letter from Omega saying that they knew about Gilbert Ford. When I talked to the guys in their office there, they had a picture of the car. They knew the car. So I said, “I’ll go with them.” I see CarShield on TV all the time. I’ve dealt with Home Shield on my mother's house, and I had to cuss at them to get them to stop trying to bill us for cancelling our contract. So, anything with Shield on it, I just stay away. So, I picked Omega. My claim to get the oil change done worked out very well. I knew it would be expensive because it's the best oil there is and it’s 8 quarts, not 5. They did a 24 point check, which I get done every six months. They rotated my tires and they did a bunch of other stuff. I was very satisfied with the service.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Omega Auto Care offered everything that another warranty offered at a better price. I got my powertrain and my electrical covered for the same price as I do for my powertrain for this other warranty company. Also, the first few batteries, my first set of breaks and a couple of other things were free. Those were things that I would eventually need to change. I was coming into a used vehicle and I didn't really know anything about it. The first three oil changes were free as well. So that helped out a lot.

I do my servicing through Burkins Chevrolet in Macclenny ‘cause I live in Baldwin. It's only about 15 minutes away from my house. I was hearing some noise in my vehicle and I asked them to check it to know what it could possibly be and see if it would be covered under my warranty with Omega. The tech found out that the tie rod ends were worn out. He also said that it was covered under my warranty. So they replaced it and I got my truck back. It was great. I also have had a couple of little issues with the truck and I’m really thankful that I have an extended warranty. I never was really big into extended warranties. But with the experience that I've had with my used 2500, they saved me money and all that that I would not have wanted to fork out. So the $3,000 that I've paid for has been a lifesaver.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was really impressed with Omega Auto Care and I'm happy to have their type of protection plan. I've owned cars many times before and when the manufacturer's warranty expires, I've always ended up paying out of pocket astronomically for repairs. Also, monthly payments to Omega have been very reasonable. They fit perfectly into my budget. Every time I spoke with someone from there, customer service was amazing, even for simple questions. The reps were very professional and all of my concerns and needs were answered. When I drive my car, I have so much confidence because I have protection in case something breaks down I can take my vehicle to the dealership and get it repaired.

For my last claim, my headlight had gone out. My neighbor who is really good with cars checked it and said the bulb is ought. He replaced the bulb and less than five days later, the bulb went out again. I then thought there was something wrong with the wiring. When I took it in to have it serviced, the dealership was able to call Omega who then took care of the claim for me. They called me and told me that the dealership called them and told them what was going on. They reassured me that they already took care of everything in case the dealership would call and say something different.

Being a female, the dealership tried me. They called and told me this amount and that amount. I told them that Omega's rep already assured me that everything was gonna be taken care of. I called Omega back and they told me exactly what they were covering and what my bill would be. They said when the dealership calls me to pick up my car, all I would do is pay my $100 deductible. I would've had to pay this great big deal as opposed to paying a simple $100 deductible. That was amazing. Omega's reps are like attorneys who fight for me as their customer.

My Omega warranty is one of the best investments I've ever made. I will never own a car without having this type of protection again. It is like having health for your car. Since I've had it, I've been nothing but pleased. My coverage goes all the way up to next year and before it expires, I'm gonna buy it again. I've even told my family and friends about it.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was losing the current warranty that I had on my car, and I’d done some research online and saw that the Omega one was good. I’ve submitted one claim and I got pretty lucky. There were two things wrong with the car, one was the fuel sensor and the other was the transmission. The transmission, luckily, was still covered on the original warranty ‘cause I didn’t have as many miles on the car.

Omega was awesome. I got a couple of phone calls from them. They processed the claim and took care of their end. I have no complaints about Omega at all though the process took a while because of the way the car was. They thought they fixed it, then they realized they didn’t. But the original problem, the one that was covered by Omega which was the fuel sensor, took about 48 hours. It was pretty quick. The repair shop from Ford contacted Omega and let them know what it was. Then I got a phone call saying that they were gonna approve it. It was great customer service.

I work for the post office and we have a saying there called CYA (Cover Your **), and warranties cover you. You look at the payment month-to-month. Sometimes, you sit there and think, “What am I paying it for?” But at the end of the day, if something happens, for what the out-of-pocket cost is gonna cost you or for something that could be thousands and thousands of dollars, it’s definitely worth it. It gives you that peace of mind knowing that. My wife and I have one vehicle so if something happens, we need to have something fixed and fast and not costing us a mortgage or more. I’ve recommended Omega to people that work up at my office and a couple of other people are actually gonna be looking online.

Kevin,

Thank you for joining the Omega family. It sounds like the claim went very smoothly, which is great to hear. We appreciate the kind words, and you taking the time to share your experience.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: March 13, 2020

Omega was better than some of the others that I had talked with. A fellow called and he made the warranty sound real good. It was advertising. But so far, it has been pretty good. The dealership told me that this was a pretty good warranty because most warranties don’t pay for a lot of stuff on the vehicles. In fact, I had one claim and it was great. I was having some problems with my car. It was showing that it was running hot and then I had this gas smell that had started. So I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the radiator.

Only thing I didn't agree with with Omega was that they had to change out the water pump that was making it run hot. Everybody knows once you change out a water pump, you have to change out the thermostat. But just because that thermostat didn't show that it was messing up, they didn't pay for that. That was $180 I had to pay out of my pocket. That’s the bad experience I had with it. Everything has to show a fault code. But sometimes, common sense has to come into play. You can’t go right by the book on different things. The thermostat goes inside the water pump, right on top of it, and you can’t change one without changing the other. But other than that, everything was good. If everything that coincides with the other is changed out and they represent each one of those components, that would be better.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience Walter. We greatly appreciate you and your choice to go with our company.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My car was repaired one time and I don't have any complaints but the shop that repaired my car was complaining that they didn't get the money. The claims process was great but there were certain things that I learned and I was a little disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

My water pump was about to go out and Omega had it fixed. Submitting the claim was simple and getting it taken care of didn't cost me any money but $100. I also talked to one rep and he told me, “Don’t worry about anything.” He took care of my claim for me good. I feel good about the coverage. I had to come back and talk to somebody, but overall, it was a good experience for me.

Winfred,

We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with our company. Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

One time, my car had been sitting in my driveway. I had called Omega all morning to pick it up. They wanted me to have cash to get my car. They said that it didn't cover. Then that month, my car was in the shop three times. The first time, it was for the key ignition. I had to pay for that. The second was for some brake pads or something with my cables, and I had to pay for that. This third time, it's with the radiator fan, which surprised me that they paid that, but I had to pay the deductible, which was more than what the shop took.

Every time I try to cancel, they say they don't recommend it. But actually, I pay 150 a month for this insurance. If you add that, times two, that's $300, and sometimes I can easily pay that with the thing that's been going on with my car. I can save myself the money for that. I also don't like going to pick up my car and still having to wait for 30, 40 minutes for them to pick up, answer, and send the check. I want to get my car and leave because I have stuff to do. They need to work on that better.

The shop that I deal with are good people. It's the auto insurance warranty. They've been rude and I've had to be rude back to them. The second time I had to put my car in there, the cables weren't covered. This one guy raised his voice at me. He was frustrated because I was saying what the auto warranty covers are the big things, like the transmission, the engine, which is good. But I don't know if it's $150 worth that’s coming out of my checking account. Omega needs to work on their customer service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I went to the repair shop and gave them my card, my card number, my information on the account, and told them I needed some transmission repair, but it was going to be taken care of by my coverage. The manager called the company. They fixed everything for me. Everything went smoothly. I'm very satisfied right now.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The engine oil cooler was always was smelling hot and so my husband took it in. The claim went well. So far, I like Omega's business.

Omega Auto Care Company Information