ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.34/5

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I didn't have a problem at all going through Omega. But it was the car place that tried to rip me off. I took my car in for other reason, that it was sluggish. They knew what was wrong with it, but the only thing they put on was the new catalytic converter. They tuned it up. It was $1300 which I didn't have. I had to call my sister-in-law. Then it was still sluggish. And they said, "It needs a new coil ignition." That was why I took in the car, that it was sluggish in the first place.

I was a little pissed when I took the vehicle in, the auto place was supposed to do it in the first place. Then when I went and picked up the car, they said it was done. Then when I took off, the light came on, then it went off, then it blinked at me, then it went off. It stayed off for the whole day. Then it came back on Saturday and it stayed on until Monday. I had to take it back in Monday and they fixed it. And then, they said, "It's gonna cost you a 100 bucks." I came home and I had Bruce from Omega call them. Then the rep from the auto place called me back. She said, "It won't cost you anything. Bring it back in." So, I took it in yesterday at 1 o'clock when I had appointment. Omega Auto Care paid for everything. I didn't have to pay out of my pocket.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I had my Dodge van's alternator fixed and everything was 1,000% good, except I had to get towed out of the parking lot and it cost only $45, but Omega denied paying it. My alternator quit right in the middle of an intersection and a young couple helped me push my car off the road. The garage was a mile down the road so we called them. They came down with their jumper and they left it on my car so that I could drive to their garage. When I got there, they said that they were backed up and it was gonna be three days before we could even look at the car. They told me about another place across town.

The only way I could get to the other garage was to get towed. I was surprised that they only charged $45, which I thought was cheap. But when I called Omega and turned the charge in, they denied the $45 and said something about not paying for towing from a garage. I paid $2,500 for the warranty, and now they denied the charge when I was in a bind. I got the denial letter and they said I could file a written appeal. I haven't gotten the chance to do that yet.

The towing issue aside, everything went well at the place where I had my car fixed. I brought my paperwork in there, they looked at it, got on the phone quickly and called Omega. Omega answered quickly and the repair place told them what it was gonna cost. When the repair place got the part, they were paid before they even got the work started, which surprised and thrilled them. It was fantastic.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have a Mazda CX-7. The window stopped working and the first time I went to a dealership, I told them about it. It was on a Saturday and I went in there to pick up a gas cap. All I was gonna do was ask the lady there if they took the coverage. But the lady didn't even look at it. She just picked up the card and said my warranty only covers my transmission. She looked like she was in a bad mood so I left it alone. When my AC died on me, it was the worst time for me because the rain was pouring down and my windows were getting foggy on the inside. It was a Thursday. I called the dealership on the same day and asked them if they took it. The man that I always deal with at the dealership said yes so I took the car in the next day.

I made a claim with Omega for the passenger window that would not go down or up and for the compressor that died. It was blowing hot air. Everything was perfect. The dealership didn’t complain about anything with Omega. They did all the calls and my car got fixed. The only thing they had to wait for was a part they needed. It took them a couple of days before I got my car back. I didn't get it back until Monday evening. Also, I have full coverage so Omega went to State Farm for a loaner car. Omega paid for the window and my AC which is running beautifully now. I was very satisfied with them and would recommend them to a friend.

Omega Auto Care response

Sylvia,

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the at the dealership. I am not sure why such a thing would have been said since that is obviously not the case. However, we are happy we were able to get your AC taken care of at a later date. If you ever have trouble again, or any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe covered with Omega Auto Care. I filed a claim over the phone for the transmission and the experience was really good and very easy. The person that answered the call was very helpful with the questions that I had. At first, I didn't know exactly who was gonna handle the claim if I had to start a claim or the people on the dealer where I took my car. And then, I wasn’t having any response from the dealer at that time because they were waiting for the estimate from Omega. They didn't want to give me any information, so I had to call several times to Omega and find out.

The whole claims process took about two weeks and it was really good. It took less time than I was expecting. However, I had an issue with them. My car stopped working so I had to take the car on the same day into the dealer, then I called Omega to find out what I was gonna do. They told me I could get a rental car, but they gave me a limit of money that I had to spend. They wouldn’t give me an SUV for the money that Omega was giving me, but since I have my kids, I cannot have a 5-person car. It had to be an SUV. I had a lot of trouble with that and it was taking longer with the dealership because they didn't agree with the price.

In the end, the dealership gave me the car, but they didn't give me an SUV either, so it was so hard to be going from one place to the other. Since I had an SUV, I was expecting the same thing, but Omega didn't give me some more money that I can go to a rental car and get another SUV for myself. They also told me that I had to pay first then send them the ticket. Nonetheless, Omega handled the claim really nice. My experience has been okay and I will definitely recommend it to somebody else.

Original review: April 11, 2019

When I purchased a warranty from Omega, the guy I was working with told me that I would only pay $100 and Omega could cover the full amount with whatever is going on with the car. When there was a problem with the spark plug of my car, the dealership that I dealt with said that normally, warranties don't cover spark plug service. Then they gave me three different diagnostics since they didn't know exactly what was wrong with my car. My car is not covered under the GMC because Omega's rep told me that it should be still covered under their warranty, but it’s five years old now. I still haven't got 34,000 miles, and Omega won’t cover it.

Other than the plugs, there was also an issue with the oxygen sensor. It's frustrating since it seems like this car is in the shop every couple of months. It’s one thing after another and I had to pay to get my car. I was not too happy with that because I wasn't expecting to pay for anything but my deductible. I talked to somebody at a department and he said that they would look into it. I didn’t get a callback from Omega to let me know if they were covering anything or not. So, I’m just taking my car. Despite that, I’m happy with Omega. They have quick and friendly service. I also didn’t have any problems with Omega a few months ago covering whatever. Their reps answered the calls and were helpful right away. I looked up Omega online to find out different coverages and it was nice that I already have that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

The first time I got my brakes done, I didn't know the claim process. I went and paid all the money, but the car people ended up contacting Omega and they paid them right away. Then, I had my second claim in December which was for an oil change. I didn't notice that I didn't have to pay for the oil change. There was no deductible for the 3 free oil change that I got. I paid and I ended up having to wait on the money when I wasn't supposed to pay out. But they had the people that was doing it call and get paid. However, I still haven't gotten paid for this second claim. The guy in disbursement told me that it had got tied up, and they sent them out on Friday. Other than that, the claims process first went fast and they did good. Their people are good communication-wise. I also give all my friends their information so they go through to them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I had a heating core done. They came out, did an inspection and then approved the repair. I was okay with the process and they answered my question. Everybody who has gotten an older car with mileage, get Omega.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Having Omega has been good so far. It takes a little bit long to get a check in, but it’s fine. When I mail in or email the receipt in, it takes at least 3 weeks, sometimes 6 weeks to get a check. Still, they’ve always sent it that I don’t have to keep track of it. I’m also aware of what they cover, but I haven't had any breakdowns or anything go wrong with the truck. I’m gonna take the truck in for some more maintenance at 50,000 miles, and then see what they cover. Fortunately, I haven't had any other claims besides oil changes so far. I’m grateful that they reimburse things like oil changes, which is really nice.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I filed a claim to Omega Auto Care for my power steering rack and pinion, and my insurance took care of it. The process took three or four days and the coverage they provided was okay. I had to have it done, so I had it done.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I've been with Omega Auto Care for about two years now and recently, I submitted a claim to them for my heater control valve that had to be replaced. It was great speaking to their customer service and I had no issues getting my claim taken care of.

Omega Auto Care Company Information