Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We're happy to hear that our team at Omega Auto Care is meeting your expectations.

Please feel free to have your shop contact us prior to starting any future repair so we can pay your shop directly. Omega Auto Care is set up to pay for repairs upfront so you don't have to wait to be reimbursed.

Thank you for being a loyal customer of ours. We look forward to servicing your vehicle for many years to come.

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have had an Extended Warranty through Omega Auto Care for almost a year now. I have had two instances in which I've needed to use the coverage provided. In both cases, I had the work done on a Saturday and was able to get reimbursed very quickly from Omega for the money I spent above the deductible. In each case I "saved" about $150. Although these are minor expenses, the ease of the experience and lack of hassle to get reimbursed gives me confidence that things would go smoothly if anything major were to happen. I have an exclusionary plan, which I would recommend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would like to thank Omega for acting real fast and professional services. I'm glad that I got this coverage and I would recommend to my friends and coworkers and the one on one conversation was excellent. Very knowledgeable about what was going on with my vehicles.

Hello Katie,

We are pleased to hear that we met your expectations regarding our claims process. Your shop was also very easy to work with.

Although we hope you never break down, we look forward to helping you if you do!

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care as your provider. We're honored to have you as a customer!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: June 7, 2017

I've had this warranty for just about a year and I have never had an issue with Omega! I recently needed a lot of work done and 90% was covered! My mechanic said they are great to deal with and are fast and efficient. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Omega Auto Care doesn’t cover enough. There were certain things that had to be done that they didn't cover and we had to pay like $800 out of pocket for one item and $400 something for the other. My husband has a sunroof and it was leaking and that's what cost $800 and something to be repaired. Also, we've received the invoices when a payment is due but I've never seen a policy. But other than that, the times I’ve had to call, everybody I spoke with was very kind and cooperative.

I recently had my windshield wipers stop and found out through my local mechanic the wiper motor needed replacement. Fortunately for me, this was a covered part under my extended warranty. As a SW Florida resident who uses windshield wipers almost daily this time of year, I was impressed with the ease and efficiency of approval and payment for this claim. I recommend this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

I took my car to dealership and presented my Omega card. The dealership contacted Omega to verify my coverage. Omega later contacted me to let me know my claim had been received and processed. The next day Omega contacted me to make sure I was satisfied with my service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Omega Auto Care's extended warranty cover my Buick Enclave. I had filed claims for the engine and the transmission. In submitting the claim, I took my car to the dealership and they did all that for me. I did well with them because I had just started that warranty when I needed to file a claim for the engine and then about six months into it I needed to file a claim for the transmission. I would still have that insurance but they sent a representative up there to look at the car and make sure that it really needed what they said. He told the guys at the dealership that they had too much money into me and that they won’t be paying for anything else after this transmission. So being that I was a month-to-month paying customer, I didn’t see any reason why I should still have it if they’re not going to buy anything more for me. Nevertheless, my deductible was just $100 so it was well worth the money.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

When you purchased coverage for your vehicle you reported a starting mileage of 128,000, which means you qualified for "PowerTrain Enhanced" coverage. This was the best coverage available to you. The first claim filed for your vehicle in January of 2016 was approved and paid for $124.94. (Less $100 deductible)

The items that were reported to us recently are simply not listed for coverage under the terms of your policy. Omega Auto Care follows the terms of the contract for covered and non covered parts.

Hopefully you dont have any more break downs in the future, but if you do, we hope its something we can assist you with.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need further assistance, or have additional questions regarding your policy, please call our customer service department directly. We're happy to help!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: June 1, 2017

The engine light of our Chevy came on. I went to the dealer and the manager called Omega to see if it was covered, it wasn't. So we had to pay it. Also, when we filed a claim for the hub, it wasn't covered either. We're wondering if we ought to drop Omega. I'm very disappointed them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have my Chevy Malibu covered with Omega Auto Care. I have filed a claim for a bunch of stuff and one of them was the wire harness. The claim process was very easy. I take the car to the dealership and they find out what the problem was. Then I call the people I know if it was under my warranty. Some of the stuff I had was on a warranty. I had over $700 worth of issues that was on my car over a period of time. None of them seemed to be on my claims. So, they reimbursed me the payment with my one item, which I know is pretty cool.

But I had one issue with the representative that I spoke with on the phone. The guy from the other company had a very nasty attitude and hung up on me. I knew electronic stuff wasn't covered but since I had someone that dealt with my car and I was dealing with my reimbursement. He was very rude. I was pissed off. Other than that, the guys at Omega answer so smoothly. They emailed me right away and kept in contact with me. It was great. It's very affordable and it was easy to get them. Anytime I have something wrong with my car, I go to the dealership. They let me know what they did and I call Omega to take care of it from there. It's really a breeze, so overall, I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a claim quite a little while ago for my Chrysler 300. I took it to the dealership and did the paperwork there. It was easy to file the claim and I am very satisfied. Everything was great. The people at Omega Auto Care were real nice. It was a very good experience and I recommend them to a friend of mine. And I'm going to continue to do business with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan is covered with Omega Auto Care. I filed claims for the blower from my heater and I had my passenger side window replaced. They had to change some mechanism in there to make it work. I had both of the jobs done at Tires Plus and they helped me with the claims. I had good interaction with the people at Tires Plus and everything was carried through well. I'm very satisfied with the claims process.

Everybody from Omega is very nice. I'm trying to get my finances together and they've been working with me real good about my payments. It's hard to find good people that care about you maintaining what you have with them and they've done that with me. I was paying on a plan at one time and it lapsed. My wife pays the bills and I thought she was paying it. They tried to reinstate me because I didn't know it has lapsed but then, they couldn't because I was too far behind. So, I had to get a new plan which is pretty much like I had before but it was like a new enrollee. And I told them I'm not gonna let that happen again. I would speak highly of Omega. They're excellent and have done real good to me. And when my wife talks with them, they're very nice. I have told other people about my coverage with them and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got my 2011 Yukon up to the dealership and found out there was a transmission problem. The dealership contacted Omega Auto Care and from there, I got the transmission replaced. The process was a little bit more time-consuming than I thought. The first transmission they fixed was bad so they had to send it back out and the second one was the correct one. Other than that, the process was okay and I'm satisfied with it. They were able to do what they said they would and fixed it and they're taking care of my car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were some issues going on with my Chevy Aveo and I went to the Chevrolet dealership in Orangeburg. They did a diagnostic check and then they called Omega Auto Care and told them all about it. The dealership fixed the issue and Omega Auto paid for it but there was some stuff that I had to pay for like the gasket that they don't cover. I was told that a gasket was bad and I will have to replace that and they were talking about $1300 worth of coverage plus the rest of the stuff that they did not cover. Omega could have more stuff on the vehicle that they cover. None of the stuff that they cover is what's wrong, and it almost defeats the purpose of paying for the extra warranty. But some things were great like when my air conditioning went out. That was $1300 and they repaired all of that, so it was wonderful.

Hello Scott,

On behalf of Omega Auto Care staff and management, thank you for taking the time to share this positive review.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I have had two claims/repairs and both were covered per the contract. My dealer worked directly with Omega Care and took care of the repairs. I highly recommend Omega Auto Care and the warranty services they provide.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Omega Auto Care takes great pride in our services and providing the best customer service, so hearing positive feedback like yours is very rewarding.

We hope you dont experience any other issues with your vehicle, but when you do, we look forward to being there for you!

Original review: May 25, 2017

About 8 months into my warranty agreement w/ Omega Auto Care my vehicle started overheating & smoking on my way to work. Seems my radiator was leaking fluid. Took my car to my mechanic & told me that a hose broke & that my water pump went bad. So I had my mechanic call Omega & they were able to cover my water pump replacement. Saved me over $900. I had to come out of pocket for the hose replacement & labor for that. I decided to replace my brake fluid as it was time. All in all I only paid $600 out of more than $1500. I'm glad I had the warranty as that huge of a hit would have left me reeling.

Resolution In Progress

I specifically went with Omega due to the coverage as well as the available rental car when my vehicle is in the shop. I have had it about a year and have not needed to use it until now. I took my vehicle to the shop to get repaired for a covered item. After diagnosing the problem I received a call back from the shop informing me that the repair was covered and my vehicle could be repaired the same day. Except when they ran it through Omega, the price for the part was too high. Omega then ordered a part to be delivered late the following day.

Since it was my only vehicle I rented a car while mine was in the shop. When I contacted Omega for rental car reimbursement I was read the rules which state that labor charges must exceed 4 Hours to qualify for rental reimbursement and the shop charges were only 2 hours. I was without a vehicle for over 2 days due to Omega's need to order the part when the shop had one on hand. I feel that a rental car reimbursement was justified due to Omega's delay however they did not see it that way. Not to mention the shop is still awaiting payment for the repairs. Make sure that you read and understand the contract. If not it will get read back to you over the phone.

Hello Mr. Gilmer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your claim. In the end, Im glad we were able to assist you by paying $2439.39 for your new transmission.

Due to similar experiences, we implemented a new process that will eliminate the same issue happening in the future. In the past we relied on repair facilities to relay the status of a claim to our customers during the claims process, however due to the lack of communication and excessively long response times from repair facilities, we now assign "claim advocates" to every claim to ensure that our customers are informed every step of the way throughout the claims process.

One of our representatives spoke with you earlier today regarding your current engine claim, please reach out to us if you need further assistance.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My 2006 Dodge Pickup has been in and out, and it was due to the motor. The repair shop took care of filing the claim. My truck has been there for seven weeks. It looked like a rebuilt motor would be put in, even if it got 124,000 miles on it. It won't work too good so they have to put another motor in before it's over with. The last couple of weeks ago, Omega decided that they're gonna pay for it. It took them that long to decide to come look at it. They're gonna warranty the motor for 100,000 miles. But I don't want to go through this again. This insurance company isn't worth it. I wouldn't recommend Omega Auto Care to anybody.

Hello,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us!

Omega Auto Care is dedicated to providing the best customer service and we're glad that we were able to help!

Thanks again for being a valued customer and for sharing your positive experience!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Dan and Kaitlyn are REMARKABLE. Kaitlyn called me to inform me that OMEGA had authorized the repairs on my truck before the shop had called me. She was pleasant and courteous. I would HIGHLY recommend using OMEGA for your extended warranty.

Hello Mr. Eaton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We're happy to hear that your vehicle was fixed and the claims process met your expectations.

Your rental car should have also been covered. The rental car benefit works slightly different than your repair benefits. In most cases, the rental car is separate from the repair bill because not all repair facilities have rental cars on site. If you choose to use the rental benefit, you would choose a rental car company thats convenient for you, rent the vehicle yourself, then submit the receipt to us via mail or email, and we submit the reimbursement check to you within 7-10 business days of receiving the receipt.

Please contact us if you have a receipt for your rental car. We will be more than happy to reimburse you.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500, covered with Omega Auto Care. I had a transmission issue and I gave the repairmen my car and they were the ones who filed a claim. They got together on it and ordered the needed auto part. The part was there in two days and I went back and they fixed the problem. Everything was covered through the warranty. The only problem was that Omega won’t let me have a rental car. I live in the rural area and I had to drive 90 miles to the repair place and 90 miles going back home. Except for that, I'm satisfied with Omega claims process and everything was fine.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We're very happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to maintaining the same level of satisfaction when you need a repair in the future!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 23, 2017

I have my 2004 Subaru Forester covered by Omega Auto Care, and overall, their claim process was excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Worst experience ever dealing with Omega! It's 3 months & they're playing games & giving me the runaround! I wouldn't recommend omega warranty company for anything! I went to my credit union & stop any further payments coming out! Until issues are settled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a 2005 Lexus car and the initial warranty on the car was gone, but the car has low mileage and I know the parts are going to be expensive if I’m going to fix it. I know the car’s labor trying to get it repaired would be expensive so I meant to get coverage. When I took it in to get my oil changed, they told me that I had some gaskets that needed to be replaced because they were leaking oil. Omega Auto Care did what they were supposed to do but there were certain things that they don’t cover, which wasn’t what I signed up for, so I’m left to take care of it myself.

I called them to see what the coverage was but they said they don’t cover that. It was $900 to fix it but they didn’t want to fix it. I don’t understand why because they cover everything else that was going wrong with it except that part. So I’m paying a $150 a month and they can’t cover something like that. They're supposed to warrant all that needs to be repaired mechanically. If that's the case, I’ll just get somebody that covers bumper to bumper because if I’m not covered, there’s no sense dealing with them. If I’m going to pay my money, I want to get what I’m paying for. I bought an extended warranty so I wouldn’t have to pay for it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My 2013 Malibu was covered with Omega Auto Care. I filed a claim on wheel bearing and tire and it was very disappointing. I called Omega to find out what the procedure was. The people at Omega told me that I should be calling the Claims as there are two different levels but were both under the same phone number. So I made that call and after sitting on hold I found out that I needed to text somebody else for the part. I did that and the guy said he doesn't have the part, and I was like, "I need my car fixed."

In the end, I had a young woman who was very helpful. I asked if it was covered and the lady said that it should be as long as there's no damage that I caused. She said to have it diagnosed, so I did. I went and had it diagnosed by our wonderful mechanic. He was very good. Then along the way, my mechanic called Omega. Omega told the mechanic that they haven't gotten a go ahead to fix the vehicle because they're not sure that it's covered. I had to make another call and they said that it's already given the okay to that piece of the issue and I asterisk on it, exclamation marks that they should pick up the part, and it is okay to go ahead and fix it.

It was Good Friday at that time and Omega would have called back my mechanic and give him the okay to fix the car and they didn't. So we had to wait the entire weekend. On Monday, I called again and Omega said that they'll send the confirmation that it's okay to fix it but it didn't come that day. I called back and they said that they'll make sure that's sent.

I didn't understand the reason why they never did it. It sounded like Omega is a company that is responsible for selling the warranty and then the actual work side of it is a whole different group and they don't work together because I kept getting told, "We're not the entity that you need to talk to." And yet the numbers were the same so that was very frustrating. I never thought it would be this difficult. My mechanic is a very busy person in Des Moines and has an amazing amount of jobs to go through their business per day and they do these warranties many times. He said that they've never had one this hard to get resolved. So, that wasn't very encouraging.

Now once the repair was made, I made sure that they had all the information they needed to send in the claim. And by the time that was all done, my repairman received their money immediately so that was nice. But they watched me struggle trying to even get this so that my repairman could receive the confirmation to even fix the car. That is something that really needs to change.

I'm a little bit concerned when we have the next issue and how that's gonna pan out because I certainly don't wanna have to go through this hoop jumping over and over and talking to three gentlemen on the very first day. Also, I'm not sure I would recommend them because we're still not assured that the next time we have an issue, it won't be another problem to get resolved as quickly as we should. Then if they're gonna have phone numbers that look like they come from the same business, then that's how it should be instead of saying, "We're not really affiliated with them. We just do this for them." Then the phone number should never appear to be in sync with each other.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Its been a pleasure working with you to resolve this issue and approve your engine claim.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department.

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 20, 2017

The engine of my 2004 Chevy Silverado blew so I made a claim for repairs with Omega Auto Care. It was not a good experience. It took them like three months to get out to even look at it. We called and they're like, "Oh, yeah. Someone would be out within 24 hours." No one came. And the weather was all nice those times then they came out in the middle of a snowstorm. They denied the claim because there's a little bit of sludge in the pan. I know it's in the book but I think it was a failed oil pump. I've done all the maintenance and I have records since 2012. So it was definitely not poor maintenance contrary to what they said. I wasted my money. I'm dissatisfied and wouldn't recommend it. Never buy anything from this place again.

Hello Steven,

We appreciate you sharing feedback regarding your experience.

We're happy to hear that we were able to help you with your Jeep and get you back on the road in a timely manner. Your shop was very easy to work with!

Thank you for being a valued customer. We look forward to helping you with any future repairs.

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have an extended auto warranty for a Jeep Wrangler through Omega Auto Care. The people there were good and easy to deal with. I've had one claim with them so far and I took it to the Jeep dealership and the tech did all of it. They diagnosed the problem and then called Omega and worked what was covered and what was not. The claims process was simple and they covered all the major stuff. There's only once small thing that wasn't covered on the last one because they said it was grounds for normal wear and tear for some wiring harness and it was only $30. So if you're in the market for an extended auto warranty, then it's not a bad one to have.

Hello Mr. Adams,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. In the end, I'm glad we were able to put a new transmission in your car and save you $5213.46.

Your shop reported the cooler to us and we informed them it's not listed for coverage. With that said, they should have notified you that the cooler would be your responsibility and that would have eliminated the additional headaches for you.

The rental reimbursement is a standard benefit in regards to aftermarket service contracts. Not all shops have onsite rental car providers, so this allows you to choose the most convenient option available. Once you submit your receipt, a reimbursement check is mailed within 72 hours of receiving your receipt.

Im sorry you chose to cancel your coverage. If would like to speak to someone directly about your concerns, please call our customer service department.

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 18, 2017

I recently filed a claim for my transmission and the process was easy. The dealership told me the reason why the transmission went out was because the transmission cooler was bad. Omega Auto Care didn't want to replace the transmission cooler so they put a brand new transmission in there. The same thing happened to the new one. The new one overheated a couple of times too right after they did it. On the wall in the Ford dealership they had in print, "If you change the transmission, you must change the transmission cooler." They told me they tried to flush it out versus changing it. The one who evidently did it didn't get it qualified. I came back to the dealer and told them, "Of all the many transmissions in here, why is it overheating?" They said, "Well, that's because your warranty company did it."

I asked to speak to the managers. I spoke to a guy with a higher level that deals with the company. He said, "No, we told them that they can change the cooler. I told them that." And then, they called back and spoke to somebody else and they said, "No, we denied the cooler." So it's just a couple of different things. But either way, they didn't change the cooler. I had to pay out of pocket to get that done.

The other thing was when I needed a rent a car, I had to prepay everything and they reimburse it. I had the dealership getting involved and jumping in saying, "Look, we're gonna go ahead and get the car for you. And we're gonna get that and reimbursed up." They even gave me the day pay for the rental car. At that point I was asking myself, "Why did I even I had it? Why did I have warranty?" But I haven't been through it before. I haven't got cars on payment where warranty comes with it. And then, I complain about bad things and they'll only go and take care a couple of things. They gave me only half of the job. I was unsatisfied since then, I let them go.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your claim experience.

We try to make the experience as easy as possible for our customers by working directly with the shop / technician throughout the claims process and hope the shop communicates with you as the repair is taking place.

Due to similar feedback we have recently updated our process and will now make an effort to reach out to customers during the repair process to keep customers up-to-date on how the repair process is going.

Thank you for being an Omega Auto Care customer and sharing your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 15, 2017

My Dodge Caravan's compressor was not working and I took it to the dealership. I have this compressor repaired last year around the same time. In the winter, I didn't use it. But now that I tried to use it, it's not working again. I had to put my car in the hospital over there two more days. I called Omega and filed a claim on it. They told me that I would have to authorize dealer call with the price and the work then they'll tell me what they can cover. Then the dealer came back and let me know what they cost so I never really got to sit in on that process.

The customer should be allowed to try and make the claims instead of going through all the hoopla with the sales person. They make money 'cause they're gonna call this and that. Then the customer would call about what's wrong with the car and what the warranty covers this so they'll just do that. It also takes so long to get to a person when I call. But I'm okay with the service and it's good so far. The warranty basically pays for its repairs and cost so far. So all in all, it's a great experience.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Mr Hale,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. In the end, Im glad we were able to cover your transmission and pay the repair facility $3644.17 for your new transmission.

Because of similar feedback regarding your claim being delayed, we recently added a new process by employing representatives whose main focus is to be a "claims advocate" on behalf of the customer throughout the claims process, which will avoid instances like yours where we would not receive a response for several weeks from your repair facility. Before, we relied on repair facilities to relay information to our customers regarding the claim, but the message relayed to consumers would usually put blame on us for something thats out of our control. So going forward, our claims advocates will keep customers informed throughout the entire claims process.

One of our representatives was able to speak with you earlier today to clarify some of the comments made in your review, hopefully she was able to thoroughly convey some of the notes we have in our system.

In regards to your comment regarding the inspector, we use 3rd party inspectors when inspecting any repair. This process is standard in regards to all aftermarket service contracts. This process is two- fold; it ensures the repair in question is in-fact needed, and it ensures that our customers are not being taken advantage of.

In your case, we had a lot of difficulty getting responses from the repair facility. We understand shops are busy, but in some cases we did not receive a response from your facility for several weeks which prolonged the repair.

You mentioned that you are currently having issues with your engine. We would love the opportunity to change your opinion regarding our services on your next repair. Please take the vehicle in as soon as you can for a diagnostic so we can help you with this repair.

We are sorry for the past inconvenience regarding your previous claim, but look forward to making it right in the future!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 14, 2017

I filed a claim for an alternator and transmission for my 2005 Chevy Uplander which I have covered with Omega Auto Care. It was very horrible. It took six weeks. The Chevrolet House here took it out. The guy, Cody, from Country Chevrolet was on the phone back-and-forth at least four times a week. They sent pictures and faxes. And Omega still wouldn’t pay and they sent their own investigator. Paid for a plane ticket for somebody to come all the way to Borger, Texas just to agree on the same thing, to verify everything that had already been said and done. I got my van back. No rent-a-car. No nothing from Omega and that's why I was going to cancel. The guy I talked to waived my next payment for me to go ahead and decide whether to or not. So, I went ahead and I kept it through June but I'll probably cancel it. Omega sucks.

I have my car covered under it also and I think it's a completely different thing but it's through Omega too. I've been having a problem with it but I'm afraid to take it to the shop because I'll be going through it again. But hopefully, if I take my car in and they find something bad, I won't have to go through all of this like I did with my van.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and hope to continue servicing your vehicle when you need it the most.

Omega Auto Care- Customer service

Original review: May 13, 2017

I am very pleased with the prompt service provided to me by Omega Auto Care. My repair shop called in the morning, and I immediately received a call telling me that the paperwork was approved, and by evening I was able to pick up my car as all repairs were done. Thanks for the service.

Hello,

We really appreciate your positive feedback! Our mission at Omega Auto Care is to provide the best customer service on top of being the most reliable service contract provider available.

We thank you for being a customer and look forward to being there for you when you need it the most!

Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: May 11, 2017

I have had my car in the dealership twice because of a problem. Omega covered my car each time. I have had problems with other Auto Care Programs for claims. But Omega Auto Care has been there when I need them the most. Thank you.

Omega Auto Care Company Profile