4.0/5 (139 ratings)

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

About Omega Auto Care

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• Wide-ranging plan options
    • Covers older cars
    • Small down payments

Cons

• No online quote process
    • Not available in every state

Bottom Line

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Verified

I filed a claim for a control arm of my 2016 Dodge Charger with Omega Auto Care. The process was fairly easy. I just gave my information to the people who fixed my vehicle and the...

Verified

I couldn't afford to pay things that are not right with the vehicle. ... I went with Omega and everything was good. ... I made an appointment then I went in there and they did my ...

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary, expect to pay roughly $2 a day for one of Omega Auto Care’s extended warranties. Exact prices depend on your coverage and the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online quote process from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to a representative to receive more information on pricing.

Like most extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for extended auto warranties from other companies are often $100 or more.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from the least coverage to the most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Powertrain
    The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s:
    • Engine*
    *The given Omega Auto Care plan covers some repairs in this category but not all
    Powertrain Plus
    • Brakes
    • Suspension
    • Steering
    Exclusionary
    The Exclusionary plan covers your vehicle’s:
    • Drive axle
    • Engine
    • Brakes
    • Suspension
    • Steering

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on the company’s website.

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of the market in terms of both mileage and age.

Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years, but there are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage kicks in. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement.

• Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump-starts.
    • Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days.
    • Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this, though.

Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires (limit $100 per tire).

All Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
    Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
    MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Omega Auto Care FAQ

Where is Omega Auto Care available?

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states. The company does not offer warranty plans in Minnesota, Rhode Island, Washington or California.

How many plans does Omega Auto Care offer?

Omega Auto Care has five plans across three tiers.

• Exclusionary coverage is suitable for vehicles that are seven years old or less with under 100,000 miles at the time of signing.
    • Used Stated warranty coverage is suitable for vehicles 10 years old or less with under 150,000 miles.
    • Powertrain protection is suitable for vehicles less than 15 years old with under 250,000 miles. Within this tier are three additional plans: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain Enhanced.
    Does Omega Auto Care cover older vehicles?

Yes, but Omega Auto Care does not offer coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old or with over 250,000 miles.

Is Omega Auto Care legit?

Omega Auto Care is a solid choice if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Its reimbursements are relatively generous, even if the overall costs of its plans are average. Small down payments make it easy to get started. Omega Auto Care is a particularly good choice for cars with high mileage since it covers vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I have a Honda HR-V and I had to have a transmission replaced on it. There was a lot of back and forth to see who was going to pay and it took me over a month to really get my car somewhere where I could begin to get it fixed. When I brought my car to Honda Hills and they called Omega up, they said that my warranty expired. I got really pissed off with that and I had to get in touch with them to ask what was going on. I had to go through all the channels to find somebody to say the correct status. They said they didn't know who said that and why it was said because I pay every month on time.

I have Omega for over two years and never missed a payment. And I don't know why I had to go through so many people. That's not what they go through every month when they take that money out of my checking account. Also, I don't know if I got a used transmission or a new one. Nobody ever came back to let me know but the person who did the repair for me said that most likely, it's a rebuilt. That bothered me because I don't know how much mileage is on this rebuilt.

It was ridiculous trying to get the repair done thru Omega Auto Care, but after all the dust settled, they kicked in and did what they had to do. It's a good company, but they need to sharpen up the edges a little bit and have a little bit more patience, especially when you're dealing with people like me who really don't know stuff about this field. That's why we rely on them. And maybe they need to revamp their company when it comes down to putting personnel on the phones or work with people who really don't have it that well. The patience of some of the reps was short and they didn’t want to answer the questions that I had. But there were some people who picked up where the other ones had fallen and straightened it out.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

Throughout the whole program when I had Omega, in the beginning, I had no issues. When I purchased my vehicle, I used to take the car to a dealership and that was only the dealership that works on the car. I took the car four times to the dealer. But the last experience, in the end, I wasn't too happy about it. I had a gentleman that called me back and he was very rude. He went ahead and told me that they no longer do it like that. Now, they have somebody that's overseeing the repair. They only send the car to the repair center that they would suggest to us. We can choose another one, but the hourly rate that the dealership was charging, they were not going to cover that. They could only cover what was average in the area.

I said, “I have a contract with you guys where my car was being serviced, and that was the only place I specifically require, if I'm gonna go with that, this is where I wanted.” He said, “I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do. You can try to reach anyone you want. You can talk to a supervisor.” And he was a supervisor, for my understanding. He was trying to send me to a transmission repair place but my car didn't have any kind of transmission issue. Then on top of it, the dealership said, "This cannot be done. Take your car somewhere else. I don't know what you want to do." I had to go ahead and find myself another place. I was very dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

When the original warranty from Chrysler and Dodge and Jeep went out on my vehicle, Omega contacted me and I talked with them. They told me what they covered and I liked the deal. They told me the price, what my payments would be, and what my down payments would be. Everything was manageable for me so I signed up. So far, I've renewed twice. I have the same protection but it's on a different policy because my old one expired at 101,000. Omega said I had 30 days and that I had to drive so many miles before I was covered as far as what they will pay.

My car was taken in for repair and I was told the shop wanted to flush out all my system. The gasket in my exhaust by the manifold was loose. Omega was gonna do the exhaust but they couldn't cover it because that was under the basic maintenance of the vehicle. But I always kept that truck in running condition with the oil changes and stuff like that. We figured that out and it was a minor problem.

What happened was my vehicle was trying to start over and it wouldn't catch. It was a relay switch that Chrysler came out with and it was discontinued. What they did was they came out with a new switch that they put in the box. They probably sent me something saying that it was a recalled product. The guy that actually did the switch found out it was a relay switch with a wire to it. He opened up my hood and showed that to me. I went on and had it done. It cost me $300 but it's okay.

I had a claim way back in 2018 and Omega covered it. I took the car to a Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM in Naperville. I paid my $100 deductible and the issue was fixed. They gave me the receipt and it was $1,100 worth of work to do on that truck. Omega always told me that any ASE-certified shop can work on the vehicle and they will cover it. But I rather for the dealership to deal with it.

I've been dealing with Omega and since they're good, I would recommend them. But as far as looking forward to and seeing what a warranty covers, make sure it covers everything as far as what you need to cover. I even have that now with the new warranty. It has that basic maintenance coverage on it such as oil changes and tire rotation. I'm satisfied with Omega. I had different companies calling me trying to get me to switch over and I told them, "No, I have a warranty, an extended warranty on my vehicle and I'm very happy with who I have." I've been locked in with them for years.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for being a longtime Omega Auto Care customer. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your coverage, and been with us all this time. We truly appreciate you!

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: May 18, 2022

The Omega rep explained that the mileage for the plan was better than what I was getting through the dealership. It would have longer-term coverage, too. Instead of six years, it's seven. One time, I was driving to work and the check engine light came on. It said, “Stop as soon as possible.” That was a mile from work so I went ahead and went to work, got my phone out and called Omega.

They had a person come out and put my car in a flatbed instead of regular tow truck, which was nice and had it towed to the dealership. I had to complain to get the service done, though. I was told originally that the dealership was fine, but then I was told that the dealership was charging higher than the prevailing rate in Farmington, New Mexico. There aren't that many places in Farmington or the Four Corners to go, and the dealership was a better choice, especially because the car has to be reset with new parts put on because of the NSF features. I had them tow it to the dealership and they started to balk at it but they paid for it.

I also had to pay for two extra days because they didn't order the part on Friday morning like they said they did. They waited till Monday and ordered it after I called to complain. I was a little bit upset with that. But otherwise, I've been satisfied. Hopefully, I don't have to use it and hopefully, things will go fine from now forward.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Something was wrong with the front end of my car and I wasn’t sure what the noise was. But the dealership was able to fix it and I only paid my $100. It was great. But there’s a big disconnect between the dealership and Omega. I constantly have to remind my dealership that I have Omega. Even though I bought the warranty from the dealership, they don't seem to have my Omega information linked to my account. So when I call and tell them, “Hey, this is what's going wrong. This is gonna be my claim kind of thing, I want to use it as my claim,” they would say, “What kind of claim? What are you talking about?” I would tell them that I have Omega. Then they would say, “Oh, okay. We’ll have to check it. We’ll let you know if we can do that.”

I didn’t know that I had a first year maintenance plan. So it went past that. I paid for two oil changes out of pocket, and never even realized that I coulda got my oil change for free or up to a certain dollar amount for the first year. Two weeks ago, I went and had my oil changed and told the dealership to use my Omega. But they said, “What?” I told them that I have a maintenance plan. They said, “Oh, okay, okay,” and they just blew it off. But I didn’t think to check with it. I checked out of it and paid 20 bucks out of my pocket because there was something else I bought. A few hours later, I got an email from the dealership saying, “Hey, you still owe this money. Your Omega didn’t cover this." So I called Omega and they said, “Yeah, you only have one-year maintenance plan.” But nobody told me that that was up from Omega. Nobody told me that that warranty was gone now and my year had lapsed.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I've used Omega Auto Care one time for my oil change. You get three of them a year. Also, I have a grace period of five days from my due date to have it paid. Everything else is good.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I'm satisfied with Omega's claim process. We had a claim and they took care of it. Everything was relatively smooth, although we wish they paid more.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I had a couple of oil changes and the claim process is a pain in the butt. I can't ever get ahold of them. We tried for two days when I was in Florida and I had to pay for the oil change myself. After I got home, I had to pay for another one. I wasn't too happy about it. I tried to get a reimbursement but they didn't do anything.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I wanted extended coverage because I had a couple of cars before that didn't have extended coverage and I was paying a lot of money when it came time for maintenance. I looked at two companies and ended up with Omega. Everything went cool. The rep said he was gonna send me a booklet in the mail and I got it. I had to wait a month to use it. I used it for an oil change and when I went to the dealership, all I did was give them the book and they called Omega. I had a problem with getting in contact with somebody at first because no one was picking up. But the dealership was able to easily get in contact with them.

I'm satisfied with Omega. I was told that if I get another car, I'll be able to switch the warranty over to the other car. If it's a more expensive car, I will just have to pay the difference. It's pretty cool. I tell everybody they need a warranty for their car, especially if their factory warranty is about to go out. Also, maintenance is completely overwhelming right now.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I saw that it was almost the last day factory warranty and I called them. I was supposed to do it because I had a new vehicle. I didn't know I have to pay for all that stuff. I called and then explained the warranty and they said I have to pay 399. I said, "I can't do that. That's too much." They said, "We can lower it down." I said, "Can I call you back and talk to my husband about this?" She said, "Oh, no, you can't. This is a one-time thing. Once you hang, the offer is over." So I took the deal.

When I signed up for it, they said that they'd pay for everything as if my vehicle was new. When I called to get a better understanding on, "Do I need the brakes?" They said, "Oh, it's covered." But I took my vehicle to a Toyota and Toyota called me back and said they don't cover everything. They just cover the brakes and the shoes, nothing else. They said, "On anything that goes wrong with your vehicle, take the booklet there, and then they'll take care of you." But I had to pay something out of my pocket for the rest of the labor and equipment. I'm dissatisfied with Omega.

Omega Auto Care Company Information

Omega Home & Auto Care
      50 N Laura St
      Jacksonville
      FL
      omegaautocare.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: