Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Omega Auto Care offered everything that another warranty offered at a better price. I got my powertrain and my electrical covered for the same price as I do for my powertrain for this other warranty company. Also, the first few batteries, my first set of breaks and a couple of other things were free. Those were things that I would eventually need to change. I was coming into a used vehicle and I didn't really know anything about it. The first three oil changes were free as well. So that helped out a lot.

I do my servicing through Burkins Chevrolet in Macclenny ‘cause I live in Baldwin. It's only about 15 minutes away from my house. I was hearing some noise in my vehicle and I asked them to check it to know what it could possibly be and see if it would be covered under my warranty with Omega. The tech found out that the tie rod ends were worn out. He also said that it was covered under my warranty. So they replaced it and I got my truck back. It was great. I also have had a couple of little issues with the truck and I’m really thankful that I have an extended warranty. I never was really big into extended warranties. But with the experience that I've had with my used 2500, they saved me money and all that that I would not have wanted to fork out. So the $3,000 that I've paid for has been a lifesaver.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was really impressed with Omega Auto Care and I'm happy to have their type of protection plan. I've owned cars many times before and when the manufacturer's warranty expires, I've always ended up paying out of pocket astronomically for repairs. Also, monthly payments to Omega have been very reasonable. They fit perfectly into my budget. Every time I spoke with someone from there, customer service was amazing, even for simple questions. The reps were very professional and all of my concerns and needs were answered. When I drive my car, I have so much confidence because I have protection in case something breaks down I can take my vehicle to the dealership and get it repaired.

For my last claim, my headlight had gone out. My neighbor who is really good with cars checked it and said the bulb is ought. He replaced the bulb and less than five days later, the bulb went out again. I then thought there was something wrong with the wiring. When I took it in to have it serviced, the dealership was able to call Omega who then took care of the claim for me. They called me and told me that the dealership called them and told them what was going on. They reassured me that they already took care of everything in case the dealership would call and say something different.

Being a female, the dealership tried me. They called and told me this amount and that amount. I told them that Omega's rep already assured me that everything was gonna be taken care of. I called Omega back and they told me exactly what they were covering and what my bill would be. They said when the dealership calls me to pick up my car, all I would do is pay my $100 deductible. I would've had to pay this great big deal as opposed to paying a simple $100 deductible. That was amazing. Omega's reps are like attorneys who fight for me as their customer.

My Omega warranty is one of the best investments I've ever made. I will never own a car without having this type of protection again. It is like having health for your car. Since I've had it, I've been nothing but pleased. My coverage goes all the way up to next year and before it expires, I'm gonna buy it again. I've even told my family and friends about it.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was losing the current warranty that I had on my car, and I’d done some research online and saw that the Omega one was good. I’ve submitted one claim and I got pretty lucky. There were two things wrong with the car, one was the fuel sensor and the other was the transmission. The transmission, luckily, was still covered on the original warranty ‘cause I didn’t have as many miles on the car.

Omega was awesome. I got a couple of phone calls from them. They processed the claim and took care of their end. I have no complaints about Omega at all though the process took a while because of the way the car was. They thought they fixed it, then they realized they didn’t. But the original problem, the one that was covered by Omega which was the fuel sensor, took about 48 hours. It was pretty quick. The repair shop from Ford contacted Omega and let them know what it was. Then I got a phone call saying that they were gonna approve it. It was great customer service.

I work for the post office and we have a saying there called CYA (Cover Your **), and warranties cover you. You look at the payment month-to-month. Sometimes, you sit there and think, “What am I paying it for?” But at the end of the day, if something happens, for what the out-of-pocket cost is gonna cost you or for something that could be thousands and thousands of dollars, it’s definitely worth it. It gives you that peace of mind knowing that. My wife and I have one vehicle so if something happens, we need to have something fixed and fast and not costing us a mortgage or more. I’ve recommended Omega to people that work up at my office and a couple of other people are actually gonna be looking online.

Kevin,

Thank you for joining the Omega family. It sounds like the claim went very smoothly, which is great to hear. We appreciate the kind words, and you taking the time to share your experience.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: March 13, 2020

Omega was better than some of the others that I had talked with. A fellow called and he made the warranty sound real good. It was advertising. But so far, it has been pretty good. The dealership told me that this was a pretty good warranty because most warranties don’t pay for a lot of stuff on the vehicles. In fact, I had one claim and it was great. I was having some problems with my car. It was showing that it was running hot and then I had this gas smell that had started. So I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the radiator.

Only thing I didn't agree with with Omega was that they had to change out the water pump that was making it run hot. Everybody knows once you change out a water pump, you have to change out the thermostat. But just because that thermostat didn't show that it was messing up, they didn't pay for that. That was $180 I had to pay out of my pocket. That’s the bad experience I had with it. Everything has to show a fault code. But sometimes, common sense has to come into play. You can’t go right by the book on different things. The thermostat goes inside the water pump, right on top of it, and you can’t change one without changing the other. But other than that, everything was good. If everything that coincides with the other is changed out and they represent each one of those components, that would be better.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience Walter. We greatly appreciate you and your choice to go with our company.

Regards,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had thought about purchasing coverage when I was at that the dealership and I actually went through another one but the person through Omega convinced me that the company charged me so little that it wasn't a real company. First of all, they said that my claims will never go through and secondly, that it was probably a scam. You buy an insurance policy then two years later you're gonna use it and realize you got scammed because it's not a real policy. You'll only know it's a real policy when you go to the dealership and get work done and they pay.

With Omega, the dealership was able to file the claim and apparently, it was paid. I've had the insurance for eight months now and I've filed one claim. It was good. But I don't think they should have charged Omega for it though because it was a recall. I have a five-year powertrain limited warranty, 100,000 miles, three years basic limited warranty and five-year roadside assistance. My car had been totaled by a drunk driver and I'm having to buy another one. So I talked to the gentleman who sold me the policy and he told me that he already closed it out and that I needed to call back. I had 45 days to call back and turn it back on. Other than that, the price of the policy was a lot more than another company. But I understand it's an exclusion policy.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

It's very important to have an extended warranty. When I was looking for one, I was in a phone call with a rep from Omega and I started going over the terms and conditions. I ended up signing up with them and so far, everything is fine. When I have a claim, I go to the dealership and give them the phone number as well as my claim number, then they handle everything. The process is easy and for the last claim I had, everything went smoothly. Aside from that, anytime I call Omega, the customer service is always good and I feel like I always speak to somebody knowledgeable.

Omega Auto Care response

Thank you for sharing the importance of keeping your vehicle covered by more than just collision insurance.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

The lady I spoke to was very interesting. She worked with me and explained everything detail for detail. I was pretty satisfied with it and I still am. They are awesome on their claims process. I like the questions they ask. I like the fact that they get in touch with us first before they do anything. If they say exactly what they say they're going to do, I will be completely satisfied. I wish they are open on the weekends but it's been an awesome experience with Omega. My employees are interested in seeing what this is all about so I might be passing it on to them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My 2017 Ford Edge is covered under Omega Auto Care. When I took out the policy, they didn't tell me that they would pay for oil changes so I've been paying for oil changes on my own. They just told me I had to have my oil change on time at the dealership. I found out recently that they covered that so I filed a claim. They sent me the papers, I filled them out and sent them in. But then they said I couldn't file any more claims after November. I haven't had a very good experience and much satisfaction from Omega so far. They should let their clients know exactly what they pay for and what they do not.

Deborah,

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our services. I would think that the company that sold you the policy would have mentioned the Omega Maintenance Program considering that we are the first company to ever offer such a benefit package. If they did not, I sincerely apologize.

As a one-time courtesy we can reimburse a 2nd oil chance for you. Please reach out to our office at your earliest convenience for directions on where to send the invoice.

We hope this makes things a little better, and that it shows you that we are in fact committed to provide the best service, and that we appreciate you as a customer.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had to do a repair on my car and to do that, the shop had to send some pictures with the damaged thing before Omega could approve if they were gonna pay for the claim or not. In the end, I had to authorize the shop to open the engine to verify what was going on and to see what really happened. That was a risk that I had to take before to know if Omega was gonna take care of the car or not after. They don't cover screws, gaskets, or washers. I had to pay an extra thing that was more than the deductible. It was not too much. But it was kind of ridiculous. If you're going to change a piece in the car and they have washers and screws, and they probably would get damaged at the moment that you’re taking out, that should be covered by the policy because it's part of the repair.

Carlos,

I can understand how the tear down process can seem unnecessary and confusing for a consumer, and I do apologize if it stressed you out in any way. However, I am glad that you mentioned it in this review, along with your positive outcome since other people sometimes question this process as well. It is an important part of diagnosing the vehicle, both to find out if the failure is covered, but also to make sure that the correct part is fixed the first time, so that YOU do not have to bring your vehicle back to the repair facility.

I also agree with you on the issue of screws and fasteners. So much in fact that when we changed our contracts this year, I had it added. I am sorry that it isn't retroactive, but I wanted you to know that you were right in your thinking, and that I agree.

Thank you for being part of the Omega Auto Care family.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

The warranty is good to have. Omega had my alternator covered and it was a good experience. It was slow at first when he had to make sure that it was covered. At the end, it was all right.

Omega Auto Care Company Information