4.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to obtain a vehicle service contract that will help protect your vehicle beyond your factory warranty? Omega Auto Care has helped thousands of clients pay what your factory warranty does not. Omega Auto Care offers several coverage claims and will pay for what is outlined in the coverage plan selected. Our benefits include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage, trip interruption, and more. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our coverage plans!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of coverage options for extended auto warranties. Although there is no online quote process, Omega Auto Care's low costs, generous reimbursements and ability to cover older cars sweeten the deal.

PROS

• Small down payments
  • Wide-ranging plans
  • Covers older cars

CONS

• Confusing coverage options
  • No online quote process

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

10/31/2018

I handed them the Omega card and told them I had protection. Then the dealership handled it all from there … The repair was all done in less than 24 hours too. I was given a rental car and that was covered as well ... All I had to do was pay the $100 deductible for a $1,300 repair.

01/31/2019

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change ... I'm very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle.

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary widely, Omega Auto Care customers can expect to pay roughly $2 a day for their extended auto warranty. Prices vary based on the make, model, year and mileage of the car.

Like most other extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money back guarantee in case a customer changes their mind about wanting an extended auto warranty. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for an extended auto warranty at other companies are typically $100 or more.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online process for requesting a quote from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to an Omega Auto Care representative to receive more information on the pricing for an Omega Auto Care warranty.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from least coverage to most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on their website.

Powertrain
  • Fuel system
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

*Omega Auto Care covers some repairs in this category, but not all

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care can cover cars with up to 250,000 miles and up to 15 years of age. This is on the higher end both in terms of mileage and in age. Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years. There are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles for coverage to kick in on your car. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department. Omega Auto Care customer service will be able to help you.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption and rental car reimbursement. Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump starts. Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days for a total of $150. Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this. Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires. That’s up to $100 for each tire.

Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Do we recommend Omega Auto Care?

We recommend Omega Auto Care if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Their wide range of coverage options means you’re sure to find a plan that fits your needs. The reimbursements offered by Omega Auto Care are generous, even if the overall costs of the plans are average. Small down payments also make it easy to get started with a plan. Last of all, Omega Auto Care is a good choice for cars with high mileage, since Omega Auto Care can cover vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

Original review: April 21, 2019

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe covered with Omega Auto Care. I filed a claim over the phone for the transmission and the experience was really good and very easy. The person that answered the call was very helpful with the questions that I had. At first, I didn't know exactly who was gonna handle the claim if I had to start a claim or the people on the dealer where I took my car. And then, I wasn’t having any response from the dealer at that time because they were waiting for the estimate from Omega. They didn't want to give me any information, so I had to call several times to Omega and find out.

The whole claims process took about two weeks and it was really good. It took less time than I was expecting. However, I had an issue with them. My car stopped working so I had to take the car on the same day into the dealer, then I called Omega to find out what I was gonna do. They told me I could get a rental car, but they gave me a limit of money that I had to spend. They wouldn’t give me an SUV for the money that Omega was giving me, but since I have my kids, I cannot have a 5-person car. It had to be an SUV. I had a lot of trouble with that and it was taking longer with the dealership because they didn't agree with the price.

In the end, the dealership gave me the car, but they didn't give me an SUV either, so it was so hard to be going from one place to the other. Since I had an SUV, I was expecting the same thing, but Omega didn't give me some more money that I can go to a rental car and get another SUV for myself. They also told me that I had to pay first then send them the ticket. Nonetheless, Omega handled the claim really nice. My experience has been okay and I will definitely recommend it to somebody else.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Seriously, this is a legit, awesome company. NO PROBLEMS! Great service! In the past 4 days I had to change my car battery, brakes, windshield wiper blades and I got a oil change. The brakes, blades and oil change was free and I got a $100 of my new battery. For the first year you get these incentives (3 oil changes up to $55 each). I’m very confident that if I ever have a serious problem with my car that Omega will take care of it without hassle. The monthly payments are fair considering what you are getting. Don’t be skeptical in getting their coverage. You don’t need it until you NEED it. Saving up money for a car emergency sounds great, but their coverage is really a million times better and it brings great peace of mind. I almost can’t wait until something breaks on my car because I know they will take care of it and then I’ll have new car parts.

IMPORTANT: I’ve been able to go anywhere I want for work/repairs and they pay. However, the two places I went to get work done told me that they don’t take “insurance stuff”. I explained, “If you call them they will pay you immediately over the phone with a card.” I asked them, “Do you guys accept card over the phone if I were to pay you?’ Of course they said yes. I replied, “Thank you can take Omega.” It wasn’t really a hassle explaining that this was a legit form of payment. They called the number and got paid.

I say this to let you know that for some places you just have to explain to them how easy it is. They’re worried about delayed payments. Also, so that you don’t have to explain, you can go to your car dealership and they take Omega. Omega also has contracts with large companies like Pep Boys who are familiar with the process, so no hassles.

Overall, this really is a great company. I was concerned initially when they first called me to sell coverage but now I am SOOO happy that I have them. I can drive my car worry free knowing that if my transmission fails all I pay is $100 down, and the rest is taken care of. This morning when I got off work, I’m a paramedic, my car didn’t start FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER (and it’s a good car). The first thing that went through my head wasn’t worry about how much this was going to cost or, “I was saving for a vacation and now that’s out the window”. I thought, “This is a delay to my morning, but I’m financially set.” I really didn’t care what was wrong with the car. I just knew that it will be fixed and I won’t be broke. To conclude, get coverage for your car. It’s worth it.

Lymar,

Thank you so very much for this incredible review. People very often take the time to share their negative experiences, on review platforms, but do not share positive reviews nearly as often. This is why your very detailed review is so appreciated. You answered a lot of very common questions that people have, and I truly feel this review will help those who take the time to read it.

We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Purchasing the extended coverage was the smart thing to do. You get a used car, you get a warranty. I have a Chrysler 200 2015 covered with Omega Auto Care. I took the car to the dealership and they checked it out and they said something was wrong with something. I try to keep the car oiled and everything done on a regular basis, so I was wondering what they mean something was wrong. I was freaking on that and the rep asked didn’t I have a warranty. I said that I do, so he called the people at Omega and Omega really lived up to what they said. I’ve never used them before, but I know that they said that I could get free oil changes.

I just couldn’t understand how that worked inside and I just didn’t really bother with that. It seemed complicated to me, but it works really well for me and it was a wonderful experience. I didn’t really do anything. They told me to sit in the waiting room and a couple of hours later, the car was fixed. I was so overjoyed because nothing had been wrong with the car. I was really glad. I’ve had a lot of people call me trying to get me to switch, but I’m quite content and that’s what I tell them. I have recommended Omega to several people. The lady who was with me, who I met in the waiting room, also had Omega and she was happy and satisfied.

When you are a woman and you are looking for a warranty company, you really have absolutely no idea what makes one company better than the other, so you are going to decide based on what some person is telling you over the phone. The guy who I spoke to made it enough for me to come with Omega. He made me feel like it was gonna be a good decision. In my 60s, I have been through the nightmare of taking the vehicle to places and it was just horror stories. I said that I needed a good warranty company that’s gonna do what they say they’re gonna do, and he did.

Ms. Pratt,

We are very happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We work feverishly to constantly deliver world class service, and provide the best product on the market. One way to put us above the rest was to add the maintenance benefit package. Taking advantage of the maintenance benefits is very easy, and we would be more than happy to go over the details with you. Please reach out to our office at the number below for details.

Thank you for putting your trust in Omega Auto Care, and Safe Travels!

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had purchased an extended warranty directly through Honda and I thought I was going ahead and signing up for further extension of the extended warranty that I already had on my Honda CR-V 2006. So when Omega called, I was confused. In fact, I probably would not have signed up for their warranty. I would have continued with my Honda extended warranties. However, when I was required to use the Omega warranty, it did come in handy. It significantly reduced the repairs to my car so I was very happy that I, at least, had something.

The issue was something that I thought was very routine but then all of a sudden, it was a major issue. I also had had some repairs done prior to that but I forgot all about that coverage and I ended up paying them out of pocket. This time, I asked S&S Tires if the warranty would cover the repair and the man said he wished I would have carried that thing in my glove compartment. And it’s always worth checking, even for any kind of request, to see if anything that would be covered was claimed. I handed my policy to the general manager of S&S Tires and he said he would contact Omega. I left the onus to him and he knew exactly what to do.

When S&S called to say my repairs were done, I asked if they had any luck and I was told that, yes, a certain amount was covered. The general manager also didn’t indicate any issue with determining what would be covered and what wasn’t. Overall, I had been pleased. I now carry the policy in my glove compartment and I plan on using it instead of forgetting about it.

Jody,

I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion, but at the same time I am happy to hear that it was all for the best. Although no one wants to deal with car repairs, it's nice to know someone is there to give you peace of mind. We are really thankful that you chose us to be that "someone".

Safe travels for the road ahead!

-Omega Auto Care

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My 2006 Ford Explorer is covered by Omega but I feel like the $3,039.95 was virtually for nothing. There is some stuff that Omega doesn't cover. So you gotta read your thing. I got a screwing one time because they said they don't cover valve gasket. I thought the representative was full of crap. They had to take the transmission out and put a front and a rear seal in it, and I don't see why they wouldn't cover it. I didn't appreciate that. They said they only cover that if something is wrong with the transmission. But all the fluid had leaked out and it wouldn't go. That was what they discovered when it was towed. I paid $4,000 for the warranty and ended up with nothing. Then they charged me $850 so I got screwed on that there. Now, I'm broke as a joke.

On the second time I used the warranty though, they actually covered everything. The belt on the air conditioner broke. It wrapped around and broke off the climate control sensor. Well, they didn't cover that and I had to pay for that. But they did cover the air conditioner, the labor, the belt and putting the gas back in it. So I didn't get screwed too bad there. But now, the vehicle has wiring harness issues and Omega is saying that they don't cover wiring. The mechanic said all the insulation is cracked around the wiring harness and it causes the vehicle to jump going on the road sometimes. It's like it's shutting off. Basically, it's a piece of junk.

On the other hand, as long as you give Omega the contract number, they know everything and they take care of it right away. I noticed that in some places you go to, they don't wanna touch that because they're afraid they're not gonna get paid. But that's just so they don't have to be an ASE shop. When I had the air conditioner and the climate control sensor fixed, the mechanic had dealt with those companies before and he said that was not a problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I had several calls from different people but Omega Auto Care called me at the right time. I also had the funds to do it, so I selected to sign up with them. And when I had a claim, everything was done well. The process was pretty easy, too. The repair shop filed the claim and my car was in the shop for three days. Plus, I didn't have to pay anything. All in all, I would recommend Omega because so far, I haven't had any issues with them, not in payments or service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra pick-up truck and when its warranty was over, I wanted to get the extended contract. I tried another place but at that time, the guys from Omega called me and I decided to try them out. Then I had some work done on my truck and they paid for most of it. So, I like them so much. The claim was for my air conditioner that had gone out. I live in Texas so that was not good and it was in the summertime at the time it went out. So, I went and had it checked out, then Omega was really good about my claim. The process was very easy, too. In fact, I just called them and talked to the repair place. Then the repair was done in one day. I took it in and got it looked at. And the next day, I took it back and they worked on it, then I got it back that evening. I love Omega's claims process. I’ve been telling my friends about it and gave them the number.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I got three Dodges and one Toyota under Omega Auto Care. When my 2015 Dodge wouldn’t start because the starter was messed up, the mechanic sent in the claim for me. It took five hours to fix it, which wasn't too long. It was a great service.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Omega did an excellent job on my claim for my Dodge Journey. I took it in and told the folks what I thought the problem was, and then the claim process went very well.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have a 2017 Subaru that is covered with Omega Auto Care and so far, I got oil changes through them. I also submitted 2 different claims with them and one dealt with the brake. I went to the Subaru dealership and they replaced a couple of parts. At the time, I also had to get some brake pads and when the they took the pads off, they found whatever it was they diagnosed. The mechanic filed the claims for me then Omega called to give me my VIN. The mechanic gave me the rundown and all the prices as well as the parts needed. Then Omega Auto Care followed up on that. In the end, I had to pay a little bit out of pocket but I was very satisfied with the service.

Omega Auto Care Company Information