4.3/5 (145 ratings)

About Omega Auto Care

Omega Auto Care offers extended auto warranties that continue coverage after factory warranties expire. The company has several coverage options that all include additional benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, road hazard coverage and trip interruption insurance. Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with less than 250,000 miles.

Pros

• Wide-ranging plan options
  • Covers older cars
  • Small down payments

Cons

• No online quote process
  • Not available in every state

Bottom Line

Omega Auto Care offers a variety of options for extended auto coverage. It doesn’t have online quotes, but its pricing, reimbursement policy and ability to cover older cars make it worth the call.

Top Omega Auto Care Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Verified

I filed a claim for a control arm of my 2016 Dodge Charger with Omega Auto Care. The process was fairly easy. I just gave my information to the people who fixed my vehicle and the...

Verified

I couldn't afford to pay things that are not right with the vehicle. ... I went with Omega and everything was good. ... I made an appointment then I went in there and they did my ...

Omega Auto Care cost

Although costs vary, expect to pay roughly $2 a day for one of Omega Auto Care’s extended warranties. Exact prices depend on your coverage and the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

The best way to get an accurate price is to request a quote. Unfortunately, there is no online quote process from Omega Auto Care. However, you can call and speak to a representative to receive more information on pricing.

Like most extended auto warranty companies, Omega Auto Care offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. Omega Auto Care down payments can be as low as $50. Down payments for extended auto warranties from other companies are often $100 or more.

Omega Auto Care plans

Omega Auto Care offers five plans, ordered here from the least coverage to the most coverage: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus, Powertrain Enhanced, Used Stated and Exclusionary.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine*
*The given Omega Auto Care plan covers some repairs in this category but not all
Powertrain Plus
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering
Exclusionary
The Exclusionary plan covers your vehicle’s:
  • Drive axle
  • Engine
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Steering

Every Omega Auto Care plan comes with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement. More specific information about what each Omega Auto Care plan covers is available on the company’s website.

Omega Auto Care coverage

Omega Auto Care covers cars up to 15 years old with up to 250,000 miles. This is on the higher end of the market in terms of both mileage and age.

Most Omega Auto Care warranties cover a car for five years, but there are also plans that don’t last quite that long. Omega Auto Care has a typical waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage kicks in. Repairs can be made at any licensed repair facility. To file a claim, just call Omega Auto Care’s claim department.

All Omega Auto Care warranties come with roadside assistance, trip interruption insurance and rental car reimbursement.

• Roadside assistance includes vehicle fluid delivery, towing, lockout services, flat tire changes and jump-starts.
  • Rental car reimbursement values vary by plan, but the most common is $30 per day for up to five days.
  • Trip interruption reimbursements are $75 per day for up to three days. You must be 100 miles or more from home to qualify for this, though.

Omega Auto Care’s Road Hazard Coverage also pays up to $400 to cover repairs on your tires (limit $100 per tire).

All Powertrain plansUsed StatedExclusionary
Car ageUp to 15 yearsUp to 10 yearsUp to 7 years
MileageUp to 250,000 milesUp to 150,000 milesUp to 250,000 miles

Omega Auto Care FAQ

Where is Omega Auto Care available?
Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states. The company does not offer warranty plans in Minnesota, Rhode Island, Washington or California.
How many plans does Omega Auto Care offer?
Omega Auto Care has five plans across three tiers.
  • Exclusionary coverage is suitable for vehicles that are seven years old or less with under 100,000 miles at the time of signing.
  • Used Stated warranty coverage is suitable for vehicles 10 years old or less with under 150,000 miles.
  • Powertrain protection is suitable for vehicles less than 15 years old with under 250,000 miles. Within this tier are three additional plans: Powertrain, Powertrain Plus and Powertrain Enhanced.
Does Omega Auto Care cover older vehicles?
Yes, but Omega Auto Care does not offer coverage for vehicles more than 15 years old or with over 250,000 miles.

Is Omega Auto Care legit?

Omega Auto Care is a solid choice if you are looking for an extended auto warranty. Its reimbursements are relatively generous, even if the overall costs of its plans are average. Small down payments make it easy to get started. Omega Auto Care is a particularly good choice for cars with high mileage since it covers vehicles with up to 250,000 miles.

Omega Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Auto Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Omega Home & Auto Care?

Original review: April 16, 2021

The most recent claim I had was for an electrical issue with my car. The issue was with my USB plug and Omega handled it really well. I was able to walk in there. I was able to let them know what was up, told them that this is the number, and this is the car thing. They walked me through the steps like how I needed to tell them to make sure they didn’t do anything beforehand. Everything worked out really well and smoothly. I got it replaced and Omega paid and they didn't have a hard time. The only issue that I had with them was that I had a hard time trying to get them through their number. But eventually, I was able to get through.

Omega had a service where I paid monthly and they helped with oil changes and minor car things. That was the most frustrating thing that I have ever dealt with with Omega. I eventually canceled that because it was just wasting my time. When I had to stop somewhere else to get my oil change and basic service, they said, “Well we've never heard of this. We don't have it in our system.” They tried calling Omega and they always got the answering machine. One time, one of Omega's staff was really rude to me when I was talking to them. Having an oil change was supposed to take an hour at most. But I was waiting for almost four hours, just to get a confirmation thing. So I wasn’t a fan of the extra services that they offer.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I had bought a battery for $106. I called Omega and they told me I do have battery covered up to $100. They sent me a form, I sent them the receipt, and I received my $100 back this week. I had some repairs done at the Honda dealership too. It was the little mechanism for the side mirror and the air blower from the air conditioner. The only thing I didn't like is the warranty that I have doesn’t cover all the costs at the dealership. I had to pay another $70 out of pocket. I’m a little curious as to when I go for an oil change, how much more I'm gonna have to pay. But I’ve told a few people that Omega is who I went with. I misplaced my book and they mailed me one within five to seven days.

Omega Auto Care response

Monique,

Than you for your feedback. Maintenance items all have a specified amount that we pay towards them, which will never change. Mechanical claims are based on national labor guides and market prices of part. For a more in depth explanation, please give out office a call at 877-850-0443 and choose option 2 for customer service.

Sincerely,

Omega Auto Care

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I have a Boss 302 Mustang with a Coyote engine covered with Omega Auto Care. It’s a high performance. It’s the most beautiful car. She gets the best care. I just got back from Louisiana. I was out visiting friends. I drove out there, and I took it into Ford there to have them check it out. I put 3,000 miles on the car in two weeks. Still, it has 35,000 miles on it.

I love my car. I got a letter from Omega saying that they knew about Gilbert Ford. When I talked to the guys in their office there, they had a picture of the car. They knew the car. So I said, “I’ll go with them.” I see CarShield on TV all the time. I’ve dealt with Home Shield on my mother's house, and I had to cuss at them to get them to stop trying to bill us for cancelling our contract. So, anything with Shield on it, I just stay away. So, I picked Omega. My claim to get the oil change done worked out very well. I knew it would be expensive because it's the best oil there is and it’s 8 quarts, not 5. They did a 24 point check, which I get done every six months. They rotated my tires and they did a bunch of other stuff. I was very satisfied with the service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I like Omega. I got them when I first got my Jeep. And I paid it off, so they gave me 125,000 miles. I still got a little more to go, but whenever I called them or I had a problem, they took care of it, so I have to give them credit. Anytime I needed something, I called and their service was good. Two months ago, I had something on my Jeep and their claims process wasn't hard. It wasn’t easy either, but it was fair. I'm satisfied very much with it.

Other than that, I have a free oil change in my contract but when I first tried to claim it, they told me at the end that I couldn’t get it. They said it was over with, but they didn’t tell me that I had that in my contract in the beginning. When I first got the contract, I thought that the oil change didn’t come with it. But I called one time and the lady said that they were going to try to do it over again. She said that I had a free oil change in my contract but I never used it. Despite that, I would recommend Omega with no problem.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Omega Auto Care offered everything that another warranty offered at a better price. I got my powertrain and my electrical covered for the same price as I do for my powertrain for this other warranty company. Also, the first few batteries, my first set of breaks and a couple of other things were free. Those were things that I would eventually need to change. I was coming into a used vehicle and I didn't really know anything about it. The first three oil changes were free as well. So that helped out a lot.

I do my servicing through Burkins Chevrolet in Macclenny ‘cause I live in Baldwin. It's only about 15 minutes away from my house. I was hearing some noise in my vehicle and I asked them to check it to know what it could possibly be and see if it would be covered under my warranty with Omega. The tech found out that the tie rod ends were worn out. He also said that it was covered under my warranty. So they replaced it and I got my truck back. It was great. I also have had a couple of little issues with the truck and I’m really thankful that I have an extended warranty. I never was really big into extended warranties. But with the experience that I've had with my used 2500, they saved me money and all that that I would not have wanted to fork out. So the $3,000 that I've paid for has been a lifesaver.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I was very satisfied with the process of Omega. They’re a really good extended warranty.

Original review: June 9, 2021

My Chevy Malibu had an issue with the brake booster. The dealership filed a claim with Omega and that went fine. The dealership said the issue was resolved but I still hear the same noise.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had a claim for a little transmission coolant line leak on my 2017 Duramax and Omega took care of it. Everything is good.

Original review: June 7, 2021

My experience with Omega has been good. I’ve appreciated it. I had a claim one time and they covered it.

Original review: June 2, 2021

My air compressor quit blowing air and when I made a claim with Omega, I got the runaround on it the whole time. My car was down for two weeks. I had to wait and if I got a rental car, they had to approve it. I would have been out of my pocket for a rental car and I didn’t like that part about it. When we went to the Chevrolet place on that Thursday, we talked to everybody on the phone and I thought everything was good to go. I was there when the service supervisor at the Chevrolet place was talking with Omega's rep on the phone and he told him what the car needed. And from the way the guy talked, I thought everything was go-ahead to get the car fixed. The Chevrolet manager thought the same thing because when I asked him when I would have my car back, he said that they got all the parts and he could order them up, have them at about 10:00 in the morning, and I should have my car back the next evening, which was a Friday.

But I got a call Friday evening telling me that they had to wait for the adjuster to come out. The adjuster was supposed to have been out Tuesday and it was Wednesday before the adjuster made it. Then, it was that Friday before they ever got the thing approved on it. Once they got it certified, the repair went pretty good. But I was so mad and I even got hot with on the service manager right there at the Chevrolet place. They claimed that if they used their parts, there would be a warranty on it for the whole time that I've got the contract out. But even if I go there and they put brand-new parts in it, and I'm paying the insurance on it, it doesn't matter if it was on the warranty or not. If it goes out, Omega is supposed to fix it again as long as I'm paying my premium.

All in all, I was not too thrilled with Omega's process and there are some things they need to change on it like getting the part approved and people not having to wait for them to get the part. Let the dealership go ahead and get the part. I had to wait three days for Omega to send the parts and I can't figure that out because they were GM parts that they sent and I had to wait for them to send them. At one time, I was talking my mommy into taking an Omega contract out on her car. But right now, I don't know if I would even recommend her to them.

Omega Auto Care Company Information