Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Help me decide
American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.

1.1/5 (75 ratings)
Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.

American Guardian is an extended auto warranty company. In addition to covering cars, American Guardian offers warranties for recreational vehicles, powersports vehicles, marine vehicles and medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses. All warranties from American Guardian are transferable.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• RV and powersport vehicle plans
    • Exclusionary coverage option
    • Transferable warranties

Cons

• Small selection of plans

Bottom Line

American Guardian offers coverage ranging from basic powertrain to exclusionary. It doesn’t have many different car warranty plans, but it covers an impressive array of vehicles.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is American Guardian?

American Guardian is a company that offers extended warranties for cars and other vehicles, including recreational vehicles, powersports vehicles, boats, trucks and buses. American Guardian has three warranty plans to choose from, all of which are transferable.

American Guardian cost

American Guardian doesn’t list any prices online, but most car warranties sold in the U.S. cost between $350 and $700 per year. American Guardian’s Bronze plan should fall close to $350 yearly, and the Platinum exclusionary plan should be close to $700. American Guardian deductibles range from $0 to $200.

American Guardian plans

American Guardian has three plans available: Bronze, Silver and Platinum. Bronze is the company's most affordable plan. The Platinum plan is exclusionary, meaning it covers everything not specifically excluded in the contract. Exclusionary plans are the most comprehensive type of car warranties on the market.

Bronze plan
    The Bronze plan is the most basic option American Guardian offers. It covers your vehicle’s:
    Silver plan
    The Silver plan is American Guardian’s intermediate option in terms of coverage, but it actually covers almost everything that the Platinum plan does, including the:
    • Engine cooling
    • Extended air conditioning
    • Extended electrical system
    • Seals and gaskets
    Platinum plan
    The Platinum plan has American Guardian’s most comprehensive coverage. It is an exclusionary plan. If you have an existing powertrain warranty, you can also opt for a Platinum Wrap plan that takes your coverage from basic to exclusionary. The Platinum plan covers your:
    • Engine cooling
    • Extended electrical system
    • Seals and gaskets
    • Emissions system

American Guardian benefits

All three plans from American Guardian come with the following benefits:

• Roadside assistance: American Guardian’s roadside assistance includes emergency gas and fluid delivery, lockout services, flat tire changes, jump-starts and towing.
    • Rental car reimbursement: If your car breaks down and you need to rent a replacement, American Guardian reimburses you as much as $35 per day for up to five days.

Only the Silver and Platinum plans come with trip interruption reimbursement. If your car breaks down while you’re out of town and extends your trip, your Silver or Platinum plan pays for up to three days of expenses at $75 per day.

American Guardian FAQ

Does American Guardian have coverage for motor homes?
    Yes, American Guardian has warranties specifically for motor homes and RVs.
    Can I get a refund on my car warranty from American Guardian?
    You can cancel your contract and receive a full refund if you haven’t filed a claim and it’s been 30 days or fewer since you signed your contract.
    Can I transfer my American Guardian car warranty?
    Yes, car warranties from American Guardian are transferable.
    How can I get a quote from American Guardian?
    To get a quote, you can email or call American Guardian. The company puts you in touch with a local dealer who can give you a quote.

Is American Guardian worth it?

While it’s good that American Guardian covers diverse vehicles and has transferable warranties, consumer reviews are overwhelmingly negative, citing high-pressure sales tactics and frustrating experiences with customer service. If you are considering coverage from American Guardian, try getting quotes from several companies first. This helps set better expectations for pricing and customer service so you can make an informed decision.

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services Inc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: March 23, 2021

Do not buy this warranty. I had a claim a couple months back on my RZR. They required service records and said they was good and paid the 900 dollar repair bill. Then a month ago it had another transmission problem. They required my machine maintenance records. I used the same records I had from before. This time they denied my claim because the invoice numbers on the receipts wasn't correct. 2 of them matched.

Granted I have the same records of maintenance used last claim then they said because I told the repair shop to fix it cause it had been being drug out and wasn't going to have be paid for by my pocket or American Guardian because it had been taking so long for them to approve the repair or my maintenance records. I told the repair place to fix it before I had to start paying storage on the machine. American guardian then denied doing any more to resolve my claim and stuck me paying 3600 dollars for the repairs. This absolutely the sorriest company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Do NOT use this company. They will rip you off. Take your money and when you need them they will do everything in their power to deny a legitimate claim verified by a reputable and well-known dealership. Save that money for your children, instead of giving them a dime. They will not look out for you...

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY SCAM! If I could rate less I would. We bought this insurance in 2018 when we bought our 2015 Tiffin. We have had to use it 2 times. 1st on a air condition fan blade and motor being repaired. This company would only pay for a little over 200 dollars of a 550.00 dollars invoice. The last time we broke down in the middle of the country, motor home (43 ft) had to be towed. This company only paid 300 of a 900 dollar tow bill. The problem that happened was 3 freeze plugs came out of the head. American Guardian will only pay for 2134.40 of a 3525.42 bill. By the way the work was done at a certified Cummins dealer! Part of the problem they say they don't pay for reprogramming the ECM although the ECM is what told the motor to shut down. So I don't have to get in details. PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. SCAM.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

If you are buying a vehicle and they offer you GAP coverages from American Guardian Warranty Services RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! Hands down the WORST company I've ever dealt with. When my new car needed a repair, they DENIED my claim and then when I got into an accident and the car was paid off by my insurance company, they stated that Progressive did not give them enough money and denied to cover the rest. I paid $900 for this GAP coverage only to get denied twice and have them NOT pay for the "GAP". The customer service reps are rude as hell, and they use this INACCURATE pricing website called ** to OVERVALUE my car so that they have a reason not to pay the remaining $1700.00 on my vehicle.

They told me it "wasn't their problem" and that I would need to call Progressive to give them more money. Then I requested they email me a letter.... It took 4 calls and a month to get a denial letter. Before I purchased their GAP coverage, I read the reviews and they were HORRIBLE and I still purchased their plans. Biggest mistake ever! I am warning you to NOT make my same mistake and use this company. I've learned that most online reviews are pretty accurate and I am sure you have read a lot of unsatisfied reviews in addition to mine.

Save your money and pay out of pocket or find another GAP company. This company is just SHADY as hell. You probably have scrolled down and seen a bunch of 1 star reviews. I bet you the 5 star reviews are all FAKE. Take my word for it and PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Before you go to a car dealership, ask them what company they use for an extended warranty and GAP coverage. If they state it is American Guardian Warranty Services, then ask them if they have another company and if not, FIND ANOTHER CAR DEALERSHIP. Trust me, the reviews you see are ACCURATE.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

This company does not pay diagnostic fees, though you the customer are required to have the diagnosis done to diagnose the problem(s) needing repair. This company denies coverage for manufacturer defects when non-related maintenance [like an oil change at the suggested number of hours] isn't done - though no proof exists that the manufacturer defect can be directly related to routine maintenance. The bottom line is that this company provides policies that apparently they do not fully honor, and we found out too late it's a waste of money and they are NOT consumer-friendly. It is not recommended to purchase a policy with this company for any reason.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Do not go here. Why:

•NO NEW PARTS OFFERED IN REPLACEMENT. Only want to replace transmission with a junkyard part. LITERALLY.

•Somehow justified not paying ANY LABOR COSTS. Also, their limit is a pathetic $100 per hour and you'll be hard pressed to find a legitimate shop that had that low a rate. YOU WILL PAY FOR LABOR ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

•They send out an inspector and take their sweet time so YOU WILL BE CAR-LESS FOR DAYS. WEEKS FOR ME PERSONALLY.

Scam scam scam. Don't end up like me, go somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The engine in my Hyundai Tucson needed replaced. After 4 WEEKS of them arguing with a Hyundai service garage, they finally approved the repair. ...But, they would only approve the repair based on aftermarket prices, knowing that a Hyundai repair shop is not going to order aftermarket parts when the entire engine needs replaced. In the end, I was forced to pay ALMOST $2,000 out of pocket (and my plan had no deductible). Stay away from this garbage.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I bought a newer truck and got the extended warrantee for the truck. They covered the turbo with me paying a portion of it. Then they got a rebuilt turbo. Which nobody that gives a damn about their reputation. But they found someone back east that rebuilt them and two months later it is worse than the one they replaced the first time and now the company they bought it from won't stand by their crap. The warrantee company said they aren't responsible for the crap they put in my truck. So now it's going to cost me thousands to fix their mess.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

They will never pay any claims no matter what level contract Agreement that you purchase. Please stay away. No matter what part it is ... it will not be covered. My dealer service department explained to them why it should be covered. They are disrespectful thieves.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was new to RV and decided to buy. What a costly mistake!!! I have a generator issue with the carburetor and my claim has been denied with a cause that does not make sense. We maintain and take good care of our RV but it is ludicrous the expectations. Save your money for when you need it.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

American Guardian Warranty Services Inc. Company Information