Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was new to RV and decided to buy. What a costly mistake!!! I have a generator issue with the carburetor and my claim has been denied with a cause that does not make sense. We maintain and take good care of our RV but it is ludicrous the expectations. Save your money for when you need it.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Do not expect your total loss payment to cover your total loss. Interest accruing after payment sent to wrong address for finance company. It will be your responsibility despite paying your premiums and after insurance payment. TOTALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE even MANAGER NOT HELPFUL!!!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We experienced a power converter failure in our motorhome whilst traveling and had to get emergency repairs in order to continue our journey. This all happened over a weekend so it was not possible to get prior approval from AGWS. I wrote them a letter explaining this and also sent them a copy of the invoice for the repair/replacement. Since then I have had nothing but trouble getting reimbursed. Firstly they rejected the invoice because the model number, year and mileage was not shown, so I hand wrote those details on the original invoice, signed it and sent it back.

Then they rejected it a second time, saying I had to include the VIN number, so I added the vin number and sent it back a second time. Now today I have received a letter from them (almost 3 weeks later) asking for exactly the same information again! Needless to say I rang their Customer Service Dept and was told that the invoice was not legible because it had been handwritten, and they totally denied receiving a second copy with the VIN number clearly printed on it.

I have now had to go back to the RV repair shop owner and ask him to completely re issue the invoice complete with full details of the failure, part numbers, labor costs etc etc. This company does not want to part with its money, and treats its customers with disdain. We paid a considerable amount of money for this "Platinum Coverage" and I am now regretting ever having anything to do with these people. If a dealer tries to sell you this package when you buy a new vehicle/RV, tell 'em you want to go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Purchased the best extended warranty from Finance Manager when purchasing my car. Thinking I have peace of mind, I thought wrong. Compressor and some other AC related issues came to 3000. Warranty will not cover OEM parts or the cost of labor because they think they are getting ripped off on price. Are you serious? They will only cover list price of after market parts and a labor cost they agree to. I am always paranoid that something like this might happen and I don't remember every fine detail of the Contract I signed 4 years ago which is why I called before I went to get repairs done and they said I could take it anywhere I wanted. THEY DID NOT TELL ME TO SHOP AROUND AND CHOOSE THE CHEAPEST MECHANIC I COULD FIND. If you are ever offered insurance by AGWS or compass don't do it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Here is the issue. When filing for warranty coverage regardless of what it is. This warranty company will tell you they can get their parts cheaper than the dealership or your local shop. Then you have a problem. If you can wait to have the parts shipped to your repair shop then you may be OK. However if you can’t wait and need your car this warranty company will charge you an extremely high cost for the parts. This happens all the time and it is very frustrating to have to make that decision. Mine’s about to run out after 36k and several hundreds of dollars worth of parts that I had to pay extra for. I also wanted to drop the coverage somewhere in the middle and was told you have to do that at the dealer where you bought the car and that is a ** in itself… Merry Christmas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchased my plan for a 2014 VW CC on which manufacturer warranty just expired. I was hopeful as the American Guardian agent was very knowledgeable about potential cost of repair of German cars. I ended up purchasing a 5 year bumper to bumper option, pre-paid as I was promised that once I sell the car I'll get refund for months which I didn't use.

That's where the problems started arising. Apparently, Guardian is just the operator and they outsource their finance to another broker. This means it was an absolute nightmare to cancel the contract (written notice with infinite amount of details). What's the most important - it's been over 4 months and I still haven't received the check for the money they owe me. I contacted them numerous times and always hear the same story - "the check is on its way". DO NOT BUY WARRANTY from them! They are thieves and purposefully make the sign-up process super easy while the cancellation process super difficult so that people give up eventually.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have a recreational vehicle that I purchased extended warranty coverage because the finance person sold me the policy. In the wording there so many exceptions that hardly any items will be covered. I had a refrigerator that the rollers broke and the fridge fell backwards and damaged the wood trim. The cause and effect was that the fridge caused the wood trim be damaged and the American Guardian refused coverage. The second claim is that my air conditioner unit failed and my septic broke and because of both the unit had to be taken to the shop.

I spent a total of 14 nights in a hotel because of both incidents and today the customer service person stated that because it was repair was not 100 miles away from my location that the claim would be denied. These are examples of companies selling you a policy only to find out the small print reveals all of the limitations. Yet if I had taken the time and read the policy and had taken exceptions to the terms and conditions I would not have been sold a policy.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was sent a letter offering me an extended warranty. I had purchased an expensive car and wanted to make sure that if anything went wrong I would be covered. I called and set everything up and was ensured I could cancel the policy at any time and if I never used it. So I thought great! I never received my agreement and never knew anything about this place until I found the original letter and called them up. So no I couldn't cancel at any time. It had to be within 45 day I was told. If I never received the paperwork so how would I know right? Aside from this the customer service representative, Dominique, was extremely rude and was demanding why I wanted a refund.

If I pay for something it is none of your damn business why I want my money back. I hung up on her and called for the manager, he was nice and assured me he would send over my policy, which I received. He also told me to email him whenever I had a question since emails are convenient for me than calling since I live in a different time zone. Well let me tell you 3 emails and nothing. At this point I will no longer bother with this company and take it as a lessoned learned. I will never recommend this company to anyone and people stay far away! Learn from my mistake!

Original review: June 19, 2017

This company, American Guardian Warranty Services has twice now sent letters to our home to our minor trying tell him his warranty is up and that he needs to renew it for a 2011 Chevy Tahoe. Our son is 13 years old and doesn't have a vehicle and doesn't drive. I called them up and reamed them and told them to take his name off their mailing list. The young guy that I got to speak to, didn't waste any time and took the pleasure of asking me if my wife or I had any needs to extend our warranties on our vehicles. Are you kidding me? Stay far away from this company. They are sleaze balls and are up to no good at all. I plan to report them to the BBB and possibly to the authorities...

Original review: March 9, 2017

I was coerced into agreeing to extending my 4 year warranty over the phone with the urgency from the manager to say I had to buy today otherwise the offer would expire, she promised I could cancel and get a full refund if I changed my mind. Once I received the paperwork with the full breakdown of the warranty I called to cancel as it was not what was promised on the phone. That was in early Jan. This is now March 9th, three calls to the same person "Bernie" and still no refund and no explanation as to why we have not received a credit. All he could say was he would process the claim and that was all he could do!!! They are holding my $499 hostage, need to wait for another 7-10 days to check in again! Unacceptable.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Company Information