1.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 60 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need an auto warranty provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 4, 2017

91 American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have a recreational vehicle that I purchased extended warranty coverage because the finance person sold me the policy. In the wording there so many exceptions that hardly any items will be covered. I had a refrigerator that the rollers broke and the fridge fell backwards and damaged the wood trim. The cause and effect was that the fridge caused the wood trim be damaged and the American Guardian refused coverage. The second claim is that my air conditioner unit failed and my septic broke and because of both the unit had to be taken to the shop.

I spent a total of 14 nights in a hotel because of both incidents and today the customer service person stated that because it was repair was not 100 miles away from my location that the claim would be denied. These are examples of companies selling you a policy only to find out the small print reveals all of the limitations. Yet if I had taken the time and read the policy and had taken exceptions to the terms and conditions I would not have been sold a policy.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was sent a letter offering me an extended warranty. I had purchased an expensive car and wanted to make sure that if anything went wrong I would be covered. I called and set everything up and was ensured I could cancel the policy at any time and if I never used it. So I thought great! I never received my agreement and never knew anything about this place until I found the original letter and called them up. So no I couldn't cancel at any time. It had to be within 45 day I was told. If I never received the paperwork so how would I know right? Aside from this the customer service representative, Dominique, was extremely rude and was demanding why I wanted a refund.

If I pay for something it is none of your damn business why I want my money back. I hung up on her and called for the manager, he was nice and assured me he would send over my policy, which I received. He also told me to email him whenever I had a question since emails are convenient for me than calling since I live in a different time zone. Well let me tell you 3 emails and nothing. At this point I will no longer bother with this company and take it as a lessoned learned. I will never recommend this company to anyone and people stay far away! Learn from my mistake!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 19, 2017

This company, American Guardian Warranty Services has twice now sent letters to our home to our minor trying tell him his warranty is up and that he needs to renew it for a 2011 Chevy Tahoe. Our son is 13 years old and doesn't have a vehicle and doesn't drive. I called them up and reamed them and told them to take his name off their mailing list. The young guy that I got to speak to, didn't waste any time and took the pleasure of asking me if my wife or I had any needs to extend our warranties on our vehicles. Are you kidding me? Stay far away from this company. They are sleaze balls and are up to no good at all. I plan to report them to the BBB and possibly to the authorities...

Original review: March 9, 2017

I was coerced into agreeing to extending my 4 year warranty over the phone with the urgency from the manager to say I had to buy today otherwise the offer would expire, she promised I could cancel and get a full refund if I changed my mind. Once I received the paperwork with the full breakdown of the warranty I called to cancel as it was not what was promised on the phone. That was in early Jan. This is now March 9th, three calls to the same person "Bernie" and still no refund and no explanation as to why we have not received a credit. All he could say was he would process the claim and that was all he could do!!! They are holding my $499 hostage, need to wait for another 7-10 days to check in again! Unacceptable.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I purchased a new RV in Arizona and bought a service contract from AGWS Inc for several thousand dollars. I had slideout problems and could not take the RV to a dealership. I called a certified mobile RV service to come out and diagnose the repairs. The repair man called American Guardian start the claim and while going over the repair order, they refused the service call charge because they said I didn't select the option? Keep in mind that I purchased the Platinum policy and paid top dollar, and it doesn't include service calls? So then the price of the part needed was given to them, and was the suggested retail price from the distributor, and they refused it and said they found it "online" from some bogus place that didn't even warranty the part.

They also refused the labor time requested and said they had "their own labor manual" that they go by! When the mechanic asked them if they had ever seen how long it took to perform this type of repair, "Rocky" their adjuster said, "We went to a training seminar on slide outs". BS! I was ripped off by this warranty company and people need to spread the word that they are not legitimate and will not do what they claim in their brochure. I am going to cancel my policy and pay for the repairs out of pocket and get my money back on the refund, unless they rip me off on that too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I was sent a letter from this company, which concerned me. Upon reading the letter sent, I called the number to verify exactly what the letter meant. All it was, was an offer for an extended warranty on my vehicle. After speaking with one young man who gave me some information in case it was something I was interested in, he offered to transfer me to someone who could give me a breakdown of the pricing, and see if I was interested in one that was offered.

After transferring me, instead of offering a package, the young man assumed I was going to purchase one and immediately began asking what type of card I would be using and my card number. Is this a huge issue? Of course not. BUT, I work for a car dealership, and I have NEVER just assumed that one of my customers were making a payment because they called. I've never ASSUMED anything. Very unprofessional.

Please make sure next time someone speaks with a customer, they ASK if it's something they're interested in. I immediately hung up the phone once he started asking those questions, because I felt as though it was a scam. Seeing all the reviews, I see that it is not. But still very uneasy when someone goes right into asking about your bank account and card. Please address this issue. Furthermore, I will not being doing business with you guys. Good luck to anyone who does!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I purchased the Silver package from AGWS in 2016. While driving my car in 2017 heard a noise, had taken car to Volvo dealership for an inspection. I was told that my wheel bearing had gone bad, contacted AGWS for repairs but was denied. AGWS claimed that I had only been in the warranty for 22 days was reason they used to deny my claim. I reminded them I had been in warranty for 52 days past the 30 stipulation for pre-existing conditions... Despite the truth staring AGWS in the face they "lied" to me and never honored the agreement.

After multiple phone calls made to management none of which was returned, I concluded that AGWS is in the business of selling bad paper with no intent of living up to their agreement. I'm in the process of seeking a refund which has turned into a three ring circus as well, AGWS not wanting to give refunds. Unless you like headaches and bad treatment as a paying customer stay away for these snake oil salesmen and charlatans.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My husband and I purchased an extended warranty when we bought our 2015 Fifth Wheel. We paid $2866 and when it came time to replace a large item (refrigerator cooling unit) they were terrible to work with. The RV dealer that sold us the warranty also has service. Our camper spent months being in for service so the warranty company could "observe failure" of the refrigerator. The service department observed the refrigerator temperature going up to 49 degrees on multiple occasions. The warranty company said that they would not take the word of the service department and had to see the failure for themselves. Unfortunately, they would come to look at the camper at least 24 hours after the work order was put in and the refrigerator was back down to 35 degrees by their staff arrived. This warranty company does not even trust the companies they contract with!

I also sent three pictures with the thermometer reading 49, 51 and 52 degrees. The customer service staff were rude and did not change their script from "we need to observe failure". I offered to bring the camper to them, wherever they are located and they refused. I am asking for money back at this point because it is clear that they are not providing the service I paid for. I have no reason to make up that the refrigerator is not working, I just wanted the camper to work the way it was supposed to - that includes a refrigerator that keeps my food cold. I had to throw out groceries and cancel reservations/trips (paying a cancellation fee) because the refrigerator didn't work. I will never purchase a warranty from this company again and would advise others to think twice before wasting their money. Up to this point, six months after the first service, this warranty company still refuses to do the right thing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I purchased a used car from a reputable dealer in Washington state and thought since it was a fairly new car that I would purchase an extended warranty from AGWS called the Compass Protection Plan. I purchased the highest caliber paying over $2000 extra just in case something went wrong in the first year or so of ownership. Well lo and behold after a few months the sunroof ended up getting stuck in the open position. I contacted the warranty company as directed but they decided that this was going to considered an "adjustment" not a repair and therefore would not be covered. Considering I live in Washington I obviously could not leave the sunroof stuck open. I took it to a local mechanic where they found that a screw from the mechanism had gotten loose and jammed in the track preventing the sunroof from closing. The mechanic called the warrant company directly to explain the situation to no avail.

I then contacted the dealer who stated that one of their warranty reps would call the warranty company. Long story short the warranty company agreed to pay for half of the repair. Now, six weeks later, still no payment to the repair place and no help from the customer service reps with the warranty company. In fact, in all the CSR I've dealt with AGWS have been downright rude. If I had to do it over again I would never purchase ANY warranty from this company. They say that their warranty covers things but when you go to start a claim they word it in a way where they don't have to pay a dime. It's not even bait and switch but plain thievery. Someone needs to investigate this company and their dealings.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

I bought the $1500 Platinum plan from Bill Kay Pontiac and Jeep in Downers Grove, IL. I was given a brochure that states everything is covered with this plan except normal wear and tear. Just had to service my Patriot for a faulty throttle body and lower control arms. The warranty company offered to pay only a portion of the control arms because they "found parts cheaper online" and deny the throttle body altogether because they determined it could be cleaned. Meanwhile the repair specialist at Anderson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, told them it could not be cleaned, it was electronic. I will never buy another warranty from this malicious and outright lying company. They said they don't honor anything on the brochure and on page 12 in fine print it says it's not covered. It just reminds me of Willy Wonka. This company is a sham and should be closed.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Horrible service for roadside and tire replacement. We had a blow out on our 5th wheel camper while traveling to Nebraska. I called the customer service line and was advised that they had no record of a policy for me. I gave them the policy number, my name, my phone number and nothing. I called our RV dealer and he was able to look up our policy with no problem. Called the customer service line again to no avail. I got frustrated and called the roadside from our insurance company so I could get my family off the highway sooner rather than later.

I called customer service back and asked how to make a claim when I got somewhere to get a new tire. We were vacationing in a small town in Nebraska with only 1 tire shop. They did not want to deal with a warranty company and advised that I would have to take it up with the warranty company later. I called the warranty company and advised them that the tire shop did not want to deal with them. They stated I would have to file the claim when I got home, that I would need pictures of the tire, an invoice and a receipt.

On our way home we had the treads completely separate from another tire. This one did not blow out thank goodness. I called the warranty company again and again they could not find record of us having a policy. Again I did not bother arguing with them as a good samaritan stopped to help us out. Upon returning home I called the warranty company to get the form I needed to file the claim. They advised me that I needed to send pictures, the receipt and the invoice from the tire shop via USPS. I asked why I couldn't email them in and they stated that because I did not have pre authorization for the replacement, I had to mail it in. Seriously, in today's world of technology I had to send this in by snail mail. I sent everything as requested.

I took the other tire into our local dealer who was willing to work with the warranty company for this replacement. He talked to them then told me he had to take a few pictures and fill out a form to EMAIL back to them. It took several days for the warranty company to finally decide that they would cover a portion of the replacement. I followed up with the warranty company about a week after I sent the first claim in and was advised that they were denying my claim because it was not preauthorized. I asked what I was suppose to do since the tire shop would not talk to them and they stated I should have gone to another shop, which was over 50 miles away. Needless to say I am in the process of cancelling this policy. Then again, they will probably deny my cancellation because they won't be able to find me in their system.

Original review: July 6, 2016

We purchased an RV from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL in April 2015. At that time, we also were sold a 3 year "platinum" extended warranty from American Guardian Warranty Services for well over $7692.50! We have tried to place small claims 7 times for a total of $1993, and every time our claim has been denied completely. We are now filing our 8th claim; this time it will be paid, but at a significantly reduced reimbursement. The claim that the labor hours are too many for the work; they have completely disregarded the repair shop's (the Western Region Service Center for Cummins) estimate for labor and will only reimburse the hours they think it should take, based on THEIR estimate.

We called Freightliner to see what they it should take, and they said it completely depends on the access in each RV and could take that long or longer. AGW has completely disregarded the input from the repair shop which had just done a similar job; our job requires the complete removal of the radiator and other parts just to get to the part to be replaced; a very labor intensive repair. So, we get a less than satisfactory result again! This time we are only reimbursed for $2960 on a $3996 invoice or only 74% of the actual bill! We are out over $1000 in addition to the $1993 previously denied. This warranty is a SCAM. They do NOT pay out legitimate claims and find every means to reduce or deny legitimate reimbursement or payment. LA Mesa said it was an excellent extended warranty and sold it to us with false claims. I bet they get a hefty commission for each sale!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I received a notice from this company that my extended factory policy had expired. Upon calling, they indicated to continue coverage would be $4,000.00. They had a long list of items that could fail on my vehicle. I agreed to the policy with the understanding that I could cancel in 30 days. I called back a week later to cancel and was put through a very "hard sell" process with two different people. I finally stopped answering their questions and simply stated each time "I want to cancel my policy". As a closing remark, the agent said "well since you are independently wealthy and can cover your car repair, I will cancel your policy". I am glad not to be associated with this company.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Received the separate unsolicited mailings from this company over the last 6 months trying to sell me a warranty on my vehicle. Each time I called to get my name and address removed from their list. They ignore all requests even though they said they would. I received another one on 10/29, called on 10/30 was told they would remove me but I should just ignore them and toss it in the trash. These companies are scams and harassers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Terrible service with a road hazard tire warranty claim. I called to file a claim regarding a road hazard that cut the sidewall on a tire. I was advised to have the repair shop call. I had the repair shop call and then they wanted pictures. They never did provide an email address for pictures to be sent. They stated "fax them." Well in today's world not many people even have fax machines with computers and scanners. Still didn't even have an adjustor or a claim number. Every time you talk to them you get a different answer. Finally got a claim number. In the meantime I told shop to proceed with new tire regardless of what they were going to do.

Finally got it fixed, sent them the paid receipt and copy of check. They then stated that it wasn't enough proof that the bill had been paid and directed me to go to the bank and get a copy of the check--both front and back. Nothing like basically being called a liar!!! It is now over a month later and I am now waiting to see what next excuse is. Have seen these type of scams before. Make it so difficult people just say "screw it and drop it." Can you imagine trying to do all this if I was on the road some place? Luckily I was home. I guess if I had paid cash they wouldn't have did anything since a paid work order from the shop isn't enough. I intend on filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office as well.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

The absolute absurdity of this company. I purchased an '07 Hino box truck with a full warranty (knowing the truck would need it). I've driven this truck 4 months out of the entire year due to unwarranted repairs. Now the turbo goes out. I'm sorry, a $200 chip inside the turbo goes out, and this company won't cover the piece. They claim to cover the turbo itself, (as the warranty states) but not the chip on the inside of the turbo. I am being forced to pay $5000 for a turbo, so that they can get the $200 chip replaced. When contacting the company, they completely talked me into circles to avoid the fact that my paperwork says "turbo and components". I'm at a complete loss of words over this. My warranty is soon up and I will never have one through this company again. Complete robbery!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

They'll be happy to sell you a plan, but best of luck getting anything more than 10 cents out of these bastards. I work at a dealership and attempted to get a fully-justified repair done on an elderly gentleman's vehicle. We diagnosed a fault in both of the Blind Spot Sensor Modules. They claimed "corrosion" on a plastic part and denied the claim. Be warned, the "Not Covered" provision is vague enough to cover anything.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

We had a problem with our 2011 Monaco Knight last month. One of the slide cables broke and only one-half of the slide would move in or out. This is a very long slide that also has a residential refrigerator. Called Monaco and they said they were a month or more out, but we could call Quality RV in Springfield Oregon to have the work done. When we arrived the repairmen tore into it right away trying to find the problem. Both cables were broken and had to be replaced. Also the adjustment coupler bolts were replaced. After the new cables were replaced the slide would not come in completely. It seemed that the box was pushed to the rear by one inch. The repairmen had to jack up each side so they could push the box back into the correct position. Then they could adjust the cables so that the box would close.

As this slide moves in and out, the adjustment couplers move next to each other. If they collide, they hit each other making a loud noise and stop the travel. This is what happened in the first place and caused the coupler and cable to hit and break. I asked the repairmen if it was going to happen again and they said yes. I told them to add a thin piece of plywood between the two couplers to prevent this from happening again. They did and it seems to have worked. Problem is that the warranty company, American Guardian, will only pay for the cables plus 4 hours labor time and not the adjustment or correcting the centering of the box. The total bill was about $1200 and AG only paid $320. What a deal that was.

It's been week since I complained to the company I bought the motorhome from. Yesterday they called me and said they had a surprise for me. The warranty company was going to pay me another $300. Didn't happen. So now they are going to be paying less than half the total repair cost. How about that? Half? I bought a policy that stated they would pay for repairs, minus the deductible of $100. I didn't buy one that said they would pay only half the cost. This is shut up money. Pay the policy owner only what they can get away with. Unless they pay everything, I'm out. I cancelled the policy, but after they said they were going to send me $300. They now say they're not sending me the money because I cancelled.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Fraud. There are other companies that have been using the exact same template to take advantage of my 80-year old mother. The first time my mom was taken for a $395 down payment on an extended car warranty by a Limited Liability Corp. called "CARTECTION." They sold her an extended 4-year warranty that she already had from her car dealer. After contacting her dealer she was informed that there were a number of customers who had been taken by another company that called themselves GUARDIAN LLC. They took my mom again this time for $126 and we were told in order to get our refund they would need to prorate our refund based on how many miles she had driven. In writing to boot. WE ARE GOING AFTER THEM!!! Will update soon.

Original review: July 14, 2015

What a horrible experience. I called to inquire about extending coverage on our 2009 extra car, they wanted $4,000 for five years. I declined. He kept arguing with my decision. I hung up. He called me back and told me I was RUDE. Nasty Pushy!

Original review: July 11, 2015

I live in Los Angeles CA. I made a call to Guardian to see what they could offer. After I politely listened to Reggie's speech, I told him it was not what I was looking for and thanked him for his time. He became semi hostile asking me all sorts of questions as to why I wasn't interested. He made a comment as to my line of work, of which he had no idea what I did for a living. I explained I have been a police officer since January 1981 (which is true - have been a detective for many years). He kept interrupting me when I would try to speak. I told him I was going to hang up if he continued to interrupt.

Well to make a long story short, I did hang up on him. Believe it or not he called back and was very angry and ticked off. I informed him he was in violation of California law (Penal Code 653.M, "Annoying or threatening phone calls"). He said he didn't care. Had to hang up on him again. I then called the 800 number and made a complaint against Reggie. What kind of freak show is that business!

Original review: June 23, 2015

My vehicle 2009 Chevy Silverado has been at Mike Anderson Chevy for almost a month now, with little or no response from AGWS to authorize repair of the vehicle. The dealership has made several attempts to contact them...I continue to contact them (they have a really good voice mail system), with no results. This vehicle was in the shop approximately two months ago and it was recommended to AGWS that along with some other work, they needed to replace the lifters. An inspector came out and said it did not need to be done. A month later it's back at the shop for the same reason. And now, because the lifters were not replaced, the cam shaft is damaged and it need a new engine.

The reality is that they did not want to pay for the work the first time. It was expensive. So now the car has been at the shop for almost a month. Why would it take one of their inspectors weeks to come to see the vehicle? Me and the dealership have got nothing but the runaround from AGWS. They were sent the final determination yesterday. The dealership has left two messages...I have left one. Still no response. I will be sure to get on EVERY social media outlet to let people know how BAD this company is. In the meantime, still no response from AGWS. My next call is the dealership where I bought the vehicle and warranty. They need to know to find a different warranty company. I would give you an order number but I can't get a hold of anyone at AGWS!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I have had my 5th wheel for 2 years now. It is 15 years old; that's why I bought the warranty. A couple of weeks ago, it needed repairs. I called the company and they said it would all be cover. They didn't even pick up the transfer from storage to repair shop! They have always taken care of this before; now I'm stuck with a $1400 bill. I am filing this complaint because I wouldn't want other people to be scammed like I was with this company. Like I said, they were always good about taking care of my repairs without me paying a penny. Then this happened. I am on a fixed income and now I have to dip into my savings because of their non-commitment to warranty my 5th wheel.

Original review: May 29, 2015

DO NOT buy anything type of service from this company. The only thing they care about is making money off you and backing up their so called "warranty." I bought a "warranty" for 5 years or 60k miles. I was about to go over in my miles and my transmission went out. I took it to the shop to have this wonderful company send out an adjuster to see if my transmission is covered. They said it is not covered because my transmission lines were rusted and leaking and that is why my transmission failed. They said that it is the responsibility of the owner to know if they have this issue. How is someone who is not a mechanic and regularly takes their car in for service suppose to know if this issue current. I am not a mechanic, I teach for a living. Save yourself the headache and do not buy anything from this corrupt company who has draconian customer service.

Original review: May 12, 2015

My initial contact with the company: I received a letter in the mail from Guardian. It said I could get an extended warranty on my BMW and I should call immediately. My CPO is about to expire so I called. They seemed pleasant at first. Then a 2nd guy implied I would need to make a decision on the phone today. I told him immediately I would not be making a decision on the spot. I just don't do that. He transferred me to another guy and I told him the same thing so he offered a lower rate and transferred me to a 3rd guy. This one played hardball saying I needed to make a decision immediately or we couldn't do business. I was a bit shocked with the rudeness and before I could say much, he hung up on me.

It's been quite awhile since I've come across a company with such a lack of concern for people. It very much feels like they have a system set up to manipulate people into purchases rather than having a quality product and upfront quality CS. Unless you want to get manipulated with old school sales tactics and get disrespected, do not even call these people.

Original review: March 21, 2015

Don't buy this warranty. They are crooks, they try to treat you like crap. They tell the dealer or whoever fixes the car to tell you to call, wouldn't the person who fixes it be better to explain to them what is wrong? They false advertise in their ads. They are junk.

UPDATED ON 04/09/2015: I just recently like yesterday had my CD player/navigation replaced by this company after 4-5 failed attempts. Get the car back, CD player works, didn't skip nor reject cd's. The problem I have is that it is a used, yes, used CD player with 4 phones programmed in the Bluetooth with their contacts stored on it. Thanks again for a used part. Still waiting for a callback as to why.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I purchased the Platinum coverage today, and made the mistake of reading reviews AFTER I made the purchase. I called a few hours later to cancel the coverage based on the reviews here. I was on hold for 5 minutes before anyone answered. And I had the distinct pleasure of speaking to Leticia. Who decided she would argue with me over why I wanted to cancel my coverage.

I explained to her I no longer wanted the coverage and wanted a refund immediately to cancel the policy. She said "Okay, I understand where you're coming from. But why do you want to cancel the coverage?" I continued to tell her I simply no longer wanted the coverage and she persisted to fight with me over my reasons to cancel the coverage. As far as I am concerned, my decision to cancel the policy because I simply do not want it should end the conversation. She has since put me back on hold to "process my request" and it's been about 10 minutes of "processing". Stay Away.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

This is about their customer service. I received the card in the mail for an extended warranty. Now it could be that they need to close each deal per shift, and a good cop/bad cop deal. I spoke with 2 nice people, but told them I need to confirm a few things and would need to call back to sign off on this insurance. Though I did tell them the value looked good for what they told me over the phone. The first representative said she understood that. But then she said she might be able to get me into a special program as well for a lower cost (I again confirmed whatever the price, I still would need to verify a few things before I sign off on the insurance). She was okay with that.

The representative offered me a lower amount, but got really upset that I wasn't going to say yes on the spot. Tried to scare me with "what if's" and got very irritated that I had questions. Plus the fact I wanted to verify a few things really got him to be very angry. I didn't find that very appealing at all. At the end he said if I don't sign at that very moment, then Guardian has no other business with me. It smelled of a scam, but not sure since they wanted to close it right then without letting a person make a few checks and call back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I work at a repair shop and a customer came in with the compass plans and had an 04 infinity with door latch problems -- both front latches were bad. This company said they would not authorize dealer part that we would have to get aftermarket parts. Aftermarket does not make door latches for this vehicle. Then they would not pay list price for dealer parts. In short it was a very bad and time-wasting experience. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

Well, here is the thing I will be the first one to say something positive here (I am not paid to do so you can contact me if you want). I've bought 08 BMW 535 xi from the dealer called auto gallery imports in Addison IL. Not that great experience but it is what it is and they sold me compass warranty through the american guardian the platinum coverage.

After owning the car for 3 weeks my water pump started leaking. I took it to my trusted shop (not a dealer) and they are certified to work on all German made cars. I've waited a day to get the estimate, it came up to $1200 parts and labor. Then I went online and read all the reviews about american guardian here and I started to worry. Later on the day my mechanic called me and said that american guardian paid for everything on the phone call with him except for new antifreeze, which in second hand is not fair because to change water pump you need to flush out all the antifreeze but after all I read here, I guess I am a lucky men!!! Good luck to all of you people here and hope your rides don't even need a warranty and to serve you good!

American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc Company Information