About Select Auto Protect
Select Auto Protect provides three extended auto warranty plans that help cover the cost of unexpected repairs after a car’s original manufacturer’s warranty runs out. Car owners will find coverage for various auto components and systems under its warranties.
- Unlimited number of claims
- Directly pays repair shop
- Use any ASE-certified mechanic
- No online cost information
- No instant quotes
Select Auto Protect provides three coverage options and payment plans for a customized contract, but you have to call for quotes. You can take your car to any ASE-certified mechanic and make as many claims as you need.
What is Select Auto Protect?
Select Auto Protect offers extended car warranty plans that cover repair and replacement expenses after your vehicle’s original manufacturer’s warranty expires.
There’s no limit to the number of claims you can make, and the company’s agents are available 24/7. You can take your car to any ASE-certified technician. If the facility can’t repair the covered part, Select Auto Protect pays to replace it. The company pays the shop directly — you don’t have to worry about paying the bill upfront and waiting for reimbursement.
Select Auto Protect plans
Select Auto Protect has three plans to choose from.
- Select Silver
- This is the company’s most basic plan. It provides coverage for:
- Cooling system
- Brake system
- Electrical system
- Drive axle
- Trip interruption
- Gas refill
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car
- Select Gold
- The Select Gold plan covers everything under Select Silver plus lockouts and the vehicle’s steering system.
- Select Platinum
- The company’s Select Platinum plan includes everything in Select Gold and adds coverage for:
- ABS brakes
- Air conditioning system
- Heating system
- Fuel system
- Hi-tech equipment
- Front suspension
- Back suspension
- AWD/four-wheel drive
Select Auto Protect coverage
Select Auto Protect covers all makes and models, and the company covers cars of all ages. It only requires that your vehicle is in good working condition when you obtain your warranty.
Select Auto Protect also doesn’t ask for any in-person inspections. You simply provide them with your VIN and the current odometer reading. The company doesn’t list what states it’s available in.
Select Auto Protect cost
Select Auto Protect doesn’t have any price points, fees, deductibles or other cost information on its site. Its main webpage shows you can get an instant, free quote online, but submitting the form simply displays a thank you message and lets you know your message has been sent.
Extended vehicle warranty plans typically cost around $2,500, but that figure is heavily influenced by your car’s age and mileage and the coverage level you select. You can compare your Select Auto Protect quote to that figure for a better idea of your plan’s value.
Select Auto Protect FAQ
- Does Select Auto Protect require a vehicle inspection?
- No, the company only requests your VIN and the current odometer reading to purchase a plan.
- Does Select Auto Protect have a claims limit?
- There aren’t any limits to the number of claims you can make. The company doesn’t specify whether there are any maximum payouts for individual claims or throughout the contract’s term, so be sure to read your contract carefully before signing it.
- Can I choose my own mechanic with Select Auto Protect?
- Select Auto Protect lets you choose any ASE-certified technician in the country.
- How are Select Auto Protect claims paid?
- Select Auto Protect pays the repair facility directly, and you pay your deductible separately. Select Auto Protect doesn’t require any paperwork or for you to pay the bill first and then be reimbursed at a later time.
- Does Select Auto Protect have an age limit on covered vehicles?
- No. The company covers any car in good working condition at the time of your plan’s purchase. It covers all makes and models.
- What happens to my Select Auto Protect policy if I sell my car?
- Select Auto Protect lets you transfer your policy to the new car owner without any fees. All you have to do is contact the company and give the new owner’s name. Otherwise, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee when you purchase a policy.
Do we recommend Select Auto Protect?
Select Auto Protect is an established company with a selection of warranty and payment plans that make it simpler to find the right fit. It’s easier to find a mechanic you trust because you can use any ASE-certified technician. You also don’t have to worry about any upfront payments because the company pays the shop’s bill directly. Select Auto Protect doesn’t display any pricing or fee information online, however, which makes it more difficult to compare to other companies.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Select Auto Protect Company Information
- Company Name:
- Select Auto Protect