1.25/5
  • 1 star
Based on 57 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

62 Zurich North America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

On October 6, I was involved in an accident with one of Zurich’s customers who was at fault. The accident resulted in my vehicle being deemed a total loss, which you would think would be the worst of my problems, but no. The only time that the adjuster would call me back was at 8 o-clock at night and the only way I would be able to receive a timely response would be to hound the customer service staff.

However, after everything was said and done, I finally receive my check and thought that I would finally be done with this company, but no. I received my check the day after it was issued and take it to my bank to only be told that they cannot deposit it. I call Zurich and finally after some persistence on my end, I was able to speak to a manager who tosses my complaint and says for me to call back on Monday because she doesn’t know who to contact regarding my issue. Now, my question for the company is why are you issuing checks to customers that they cannot cash upon receiving?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My 2013 Chrysler 300C broke down. Had to have it towed to my local repair shop. The Alternator shorted out and burnt battery out. They called Zurich for ok to go ahead with work. They said yes but did not cover battery which they said was 4 years old and needed replacement anyway. So they paid for all the other repair less my $100.00 deductible. I am pleased with Zurich handling of repair.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I am not the type who leaves reviews. But this a company of CROOKS with no morals or sense about them. I was hit by a company truck (Flatiron-Zachry is the company and should drop Zurich immediately) that was speeding down a MEDIAN to cut past traffic that was at a dead stop. I was making a left turn out of a parking lot and was struck by the driver illegally speeding down a median. The driver confessed 100% to the officer, the police report is black and white. I was not at fault in any way. My car is likely totaled. I am lucky he did not kill me. I never would have expected ZURICH would say they have no fault. But that's not all. The Zurich adjuster, TONI **, contacted me 1 x after I filed.

Then for 3 WEEKS refused to answer any emails or answer any calls or return any voicemails. I then got a hold of her manager after 3 weeks of no communications (seriously a lousy employee who refuses to do her job). That manager did not respond either. I finally got a second manager to call me back and he said Toni would be in contact. So my 2nd conversation with Toni after 3 WEEKS she lazily tells me that I caused the wreck and they'd do nothing. CROOKS!!! Needless to say I will fight this to the very bitter end and sue whoever I need to. I pity Flatiron-Zachry, a large company, for paying these crooks as I will now have to hold their company liable. NEVER DO BUSINESS with Zurich NA. Their employees like Toni ** are have no work ethic or morals.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My husband got rear ended while waiting on the traffic light on August 18, 2017. The other vehicle and driver are insured by Zurich American and we filed the claim with them. They took the call and told us that the agent in charge will give us a call soon to help us with estimate and repair of the vehicle. We got a call five days later from the agent with statement that their policy was expired. Turned out that the person that took initial data wrote down wrong policy number. Two days later she called back again and said that they have to send their own damage adjuster and the estimate was over $3k. We have not heard from them ever since.

I kept calling them every day and leaving messages without any success. Even called their general number and spoke to another person that promised urgent action, and nothing happened. Two weeks later, our vehicle is still waiting for repair. Finally, we called our insurance and they took over the case. I wish I read the Consumer Affairs reviews first.

Original review: July 3, 2017

My daughter works at Red Lobster, a thief comes in and steal her keys. A off duty police officer was aware of the lady and went outside. His statements was she can only steal biscuits. The white lady thief reached behind the hostess desk and stole my 2015 Mustang keys. Red lobster is insuranced under Zurich. They denied my claim and was very rude to my daughter and me. Madison ** wasn't nice and her boss Chirs was very rude. I called to do a appeal. Chis said him and David ** will never help me a ** person get a appeal. My daughter and I are walking now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich North America?

Original review: June 20, 2017

I had an issue at McDonald's. I was served a frozen sandwich which caused me to break my filling out. I was contacted by Zurich Insurance's rep Sam and was told one more week for the last 3 when he seen I needed a root canal because of my injury. He became very rude. I am very unhappy with the way I've been treated and I'm thinking of contacting an attorney because of it. If he wasn't so rude and unprofessional I would not be STEER clear of this company if possible. Very unprofessional and rude reps. Not informative nor helpful at all.

Original review: June 17, 2017

We purchased a 120 month/100k mile warranty from Zurich in May 2014 from the Chevy dealership when we bought our 2015 Chevy Suburban. We have had several issues with the Suburban and each time Chevy has taken care of it under their warranty. We have had a few items like leaky roof, broken video player, unsealed headlight - and NONE were covered under the "bumper to bumper" plan we purchased for nearly $4,500 from Zurich. Make sure you read all the fine print, but we would have been better off paying for items as they came up vs. the warranty. Also, when we brought it to the dealership to get fixed it took about 1 week for an adjuster from Zurich to review and reject our claim. Requiring sometimes 3 trips to the dealership for repair.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My wife and I purchased a Zurich powertrain warranty when we bought her 2013 Ford Fusion. After about six months the transmission failed in our car. We brought it into our local Ford dealer as recommended by Zurich. The dealer removed the transmission and after repeated calls to Zurich, an inspector came to confirm the transmission was bad. It took four days during which we had to pay for our own loaner car as Zurich only pays AFTER the inspection has been completed. Zurich then gave us the choice of using a Ford transmission for an extra $1500 or use one they found. After the transmission was installed Zurich refused to pay for a portion of the labor as they said they only pay for x amount of hours for a transmission replacement. They also refused to pay for part of the inspection fee. They refused to pay for a bypass valve that their transmission manual absolutely requires.

The end result was that we paid $432 out of pocket for a transmission that we had a "warranty" on. I guess when Zurich says powertrain warranty, they mean powertrain warranty* with a lot of fine print and slimy ways to get out of paying for whatever goes wrong. The customer service representatives I talked to on several calls sounded like they were reading legal disclaimers from a script and were not helpful at all. I would recommend thinking twice about working with this company.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Vehicle broke down, had a vehicle warranty through Zurich (which unknown to us had expired 2 days prior to the breakdown). Called Zurich for a tow but instructed them that we needed a dolly and lift as the car was stuck in park. Zurich rep did not advise us about our expired warranty (2 days old) and charged us $72 for the tow. Tow truck arrived without requested equipment and offered to drag my car onto and shake off the flatbed. I cancelled the tow to prevent further damage to my vehicle. Called Zurich to get my $72 back since no tow occurred and they arrived without equipment for the tow. I was told my credit card would be refunded within 48 hours.

After waiting 7 days with no refund I called Zurich customer service again and was informed that because my contract had expired 2 days prior to my call for the roadside assistance, my money was not refundable. I explained that when I made my initial call had I been informed that my contract was no longer valid I would have ended the request right then, but the Zurich representative failed to inform me and never gave me the chance to make that decision. I feel like I was robbed twice that day. Not only did they neglect to inform me of my expired contract and charge me for the tow truck but the tow truck could not even provide the service I paid for because the Zurich rep failed to ensure it had the proper equipment so I literally paid for nothing. And now they refuse to own up to their mistake and refund me my money.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I was painfully hurt at a casino, Zurich agent Missy ** would not work with me on medical bills or a just pain and suffering. She has ignored my past several e-mails. This company gets a zero rating and I see they are lucky to get the 1 star review.

Original review: May 21, 2017

In 2007 I bought a 2003 Acura TL from a dealer. I had preshopped extended warranties online and was prepared to laugh in the face of dealer when they offered me a bloated, overpriced warranty but instead the one they offered had better terms and a lower price than what I had found online so I went with it. Shortly before the 3 year term of my warranty was over, I felt a slight surge and thought there was a slight chance there was a problem with my transmission. I drove directly to the Acura dealer that was near my destination and found out there was indeed a problem and was surprised to find out I needed a new transmission. They asked if I had a warranty and I had to go home to find it. When I called back and told the dealership it was from Zurich, they informed me I would have no problems -- Zurich was a very solid and reputable company.

About 3 days later I picked up my repaired vehicle, and turned in the rental Zurich paid for. I never paid a dime for the repairs or the rental. I imagine they have different levels of contracts which with lower premiums and lower benefits, but I never was offered any other. I paid $2000 roughly and the repairs and rental would have come to at least about $3500. The only reason I am writing this review now is, I couldn't remember the name of the carrier and in trying to find it, ran across this showing Zurich with 1 out of 5 stars. I just wanted to add my 2 cents based on a very different experience.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I was rear-ended by a Zurich NA customer a few weeks ago. The driver was very nice, but Zurich NA proved slow and unhelpful with my claim. A favorite tactic seems to be to claim they've set something up with the proviso that you should call back in a few days if you haven't hear from anyone. In other words, they can't be bothered to follow up, you need to chase everyone down yourself. More than two weeks have gone by and no one's even looked at my car, let alone fixed it. A very bad experience.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My transmission went out on my van. The manufacturer warranty expired six months ago but I did purchase an extended warranty through Zurich. I went online and after reading all the reviews I thought there was no chance they would cover it. I was already on the hook for the bill to remove the transmission and for them to find the clutches were burnt out. They said it was likely from my transmission cooler leaking. But then they paid to fix it! I had to pay for the cooler and hoses but they covered the whole transmission.

Original review: April 12, 2017

4 days ago one of their insurers in a dump truck hit the left quarter panel of my car. I called Zurich and made a report. Gave them until Tuesday to get back to me. Called on Tuesday and was given an adjuster name. Called twice and left a message and emailed him. Today I called the main number and they said they are unable to reach him but send an internal email to him to contact me. Three hours gone by and no contacts. Guess I have to get my insurance company involved now and see what happens.

Original review: March 18, 2017

If you wish to throw your money away and want insurance that will ensure you will "almost never" be compensated for legitimate claims Zurich is the trash can to pitch your money in! Thank you so much for taking my $1473 and only settling 1 of 2 claims over my 5 year contract. Trust you'll put the remaining $1098 of my investment with you to good use advertising for, and screwing more suckers.

Original review: March 10, 2017

This company is the WORST, I'm begging anyone that is reading this to take heed and read all the reviews here. We canceled our policies for both of our tow trucks because they raised our rates without notifying us... so we immediately cancelled. They then tried to ask us to come back and they would keep the rate the same... we told them, "No thank you." Then the following month they tried to bill us for a month we already paid for. The problem is they didn't know what month they were trying to bill us... first it was June then they tried May (fishing to see if we still had our receipts). We hold all our receipts. We are prepared to go to court with these CROOKS. PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY, RUN, HANG UP on these CROOKS. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAM ARTIST. THEY LIE and I don't understand why they are still in business.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I was rear-ended by a punk kid who worked for a Ford dealership in OR and was insured by Zurich. He was driving a dealer car at the time. He was following too closely on the freeway in stop-and-go traffic and ended up hitting me. As we pulled over to exchange info, he told me he was on the phone and that's why he hit me. Well after all this, I call Zurich to make my claim and before I can even get my side out, I was told the driver is now claiming he was hit and that's why he hit me! Well my claim was denied as the mystery 3rd party involved is now responsible for my damage. Not sure where he came up with this but had there been a 3rd person, I would have also got their info. I now have damage to my car and have to take care of it myself. They will be seeing me in court!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I was rear ended by a fleet vehicle 11/2016 that had Zurich as their insurance. I called the night of the accident to report the claim. One week later still heard nothing from them. I had to initiate every call between them and I. Eventually car was totaled. Once again I had to make numerous calls to them that find out what's going on and where we're at. Nobody will return your call or email and managers could care less as well. Horrible company! Feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck having to deal with them!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

My car was totaled due to water damage. It was good news to find out I had Gap insurance, until I found out after having my new car for 5 weeks, that Gap insurance wouldn't cover the remaining balance that was owed. Leaving me $3600 to cover. So unless I can come up with the $, I am unable to get a car. DO NOT GET GAP INSURANCE FROM ZURICH. I am no longer with any company getting Gap.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

15 yr ago I was damaged back/psyche, by Transport America and its insurer Zurich financial deliberately under workers' compensation, racketeering/fraud/slavery/starvation, and deprivation of housing, medical services and the right to trial in a loop. Here is the W C case No. ** filed in San Bernardino, California. If you cannot access case info, contact Jeannette ** in that W C. Court. Please post my email, so that people who have similar problems can communicate with me. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

SCAM. I can't believe I fell into this trap of an extended warranty. Absolutely NOTHING has been covered. My car needs a new cooling system and that isn't ** covered and any further damage caused as a result is also not covered. Screw you Zurich. Go out of business already.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I have been working with adjuster Lisa **. She doesn't return calls within her stated time frame. I call her 3x a week and hear nothing. Claim is being denied on the basis of not being previously on notice of danger in no lighting near bathroom of shopping center. Feels like they will run out the legal time for claim and I will not be reimbursed for medical expenses and ongoing pain and limitations. Sounds like life.... and will not expect fairness. I have not been able to get legal representation as this is "small potatoes."

Original review: July 5, 2016

I am being treated like this did not happen to me. They have denied my claim. I was injured with 6 herniations. It was definitely not my fault. The premises were very dangerous, but you could not see it until it was too late. I don't know how it is legal for insurance companies to get away with what they do. Something is wrong with the system. This has ruined my life. Cannot to get operated on. In financial crisis all because went down to last Resorts in frantic City on a Groupon deal, by the way are also a shady organization. Cannot get legal representation, because not one lawyer wants it. Zurich will not settle, they say. That is pretty bad. The company should be shut down because they do nothing. This company is full of dirty lowdown lowlife. Some can't even talk properly. Government, why do you not regulate this dirt ball company. Someone owes me. That is all I know.

Original review: May 10, 2016

As I started dealing with Zurich I read the reviews and was surprised that people were actually going through this. Because my experience was not like this at all. However I spoke to soon. After my surgery things started to go downhill as far as them sending out my checks. It's like they don't care about you surviving to take care of your household. They will hold your checks to the point you are behind in everything. The Workers Comp Commission really needs to put this company in check.

Original review: March 17, 2016

I was injured in a work comp car accident while at work years ago. I was a very hard worker and had no interest in suing work comp or getting what other people have talked about as settlements. I'm from Montana where I was raised to work, not sue people. In return for me being very honest and very hardworking and doing my best to get back to work before I should have, Zurich was extra sneaky and dishonest, claiming they sent me letters, rules about their policies, etc, etc - yet never sent any of it, and barely paid any of my medical costs and telling me they were not going to pay at all for some of my injuries or claiming they never received the bills/requests for reimbursement.

They stalled and stalled about paying things - all verbal, never putting anything in writing (so now I have no proof) - claiming they never received things or that I had broken one of their rules (that they had never told me about) until eventually claiming that the entire statue had run out - before it actually HAD run out, as a bluff to get me to go away. They are extremely dishonest company with no morals and no desire to help people in their biggest time of need. They intimidated me, sneered at me, put me down, verbally told me they would never pay for my bills, and kicked me when I was down at a time in my life where all I needed was some support to get back to work and keep working.

If I were an employer looking to hire them as work comp provider, I would RUN THE OTHER WAY. They are TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE company who takes pride in screwing their clients over. They are genius at finding loopholes and care nothing for people that need help and want to return to work. In my opinion, they are very dishonest and sneaky and are focused on how they can find a way to get out of paying for anyone's medical care or other care they are contracted for. They also make an employer who hires them look bad and appear like they also do not have integrity. Be very wary of them. I think 1 star is too much for them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

My wife totaled her car on Sept 9. The claim was filed and accepted. The check from Zurich didn't go out until Sept. 30th. The check never made it to the bank. Zurich didn't send it to the right address. It took them until Oct. 30 to stop payment and reissue a check. The bank still has not received the check and Zurich just keeps giving me the runaround about it could take 2 weeks for the mail to run. Nowhere in the continental US does it take two weeks for the mail to run. This company I feel is just finding ways not to pay the claim.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

Work accident - My claim number is **. Zurich denied my claim after one year for pre-existing conditions. I'm gonna write article to Trucker Magazine to be aware about Zurich Ins. Policy. Also to big trucking comp. Safety departments do not to obey their PIP policy And change to another ins. company - Allstate, State Farm etc.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

Zurich is my work comp insurance company - they are fast at doing nothing, quick to deny much needed meds, fast to NOT respond and NEVER send you your mileage checks! They tell you and your doctor and your attorney your medication doesn't need to be authorized because it isn't - in other words they LIE, LIE, LIE! They even told my attorney they have given me $12,000.00 in a three month period... lol. I haven't received one penny from them - they wouldn't even pay my disability. I had to get California state disability. This company needs to be shut down. They are ruthless - no compassion and heartless. This is how they work - they hope you just give up and go away! I have a permanent disability and they won't even pay for my medication like the money comes out of the adjuster's pocket...

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

They are expert in buying the time for the court dates by presenting fallacies and not facts and they are getting successful each and every time. But my health could not buy time. In the absence of prescribed services and therapies and lack of hygienic atmosphere I developed severe diabetes with BS of 500+ and A1C level to 11, urological, bladder issues. One example of it, I get shower once in 6 days. Another example severe burning every time I go to bathroom. Continuous typing will give pain afterward... So in short Insurance Company, on my request, was asked by the honorable judge to handover surveillance records. They have the audacity to deny this. Is it not contempt of court?

My attorney denied to take next step e.g., subpoena but rather than I got subpoena for the matter available as public record. I understand this could be confusing, but not asking in first year but asking in the seventh year does not raise a red flag? By not acting as per specialized doctors records and submitting at right time but acting upon their own medical knowledge / Is not illegal or unethical. I hired him, paying him to represent me as a legal counsel not as a medical expert.

I do not have any problem in providing each and every information related to this case to whole world. My disability discourages me to write as this gives severe pain after activity. I know as he did in past many times, my attorney will scream at me but I am using my right of Freedom of Expression, so I don't want to be bullied directly or indirectly again. One thing more, he bragged that he and defense attorney discuss my case and I was getting good settlement amount as they are golf buddies??? Conflict of interest??? We do have many pic but will avoid putting on net right now. I neither want to defame nor writing this with ill intention for anyone but yes I do want fair justice as I do not want to be vegetable.

(This was typed up by her daughter, as Sunita is unable to type continuously without pain due to her disability.)

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Bought a power train coverage. Mechanic found crack on cylinder head. Then burned piston. Zurich denied claim.

Zurich North America Company Information