4.5(789)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance
Cons
  • Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Featured Reviews

Verified
Tunbridge, VT

The couple of times I've had to use Zurich, it's been seamless. I submitted a claim recently for a pump that might have been broken. I had the vehicle towed to the dealer and they...

Verified
Richmond, VA

Setting up a policy with Zurich on my 2018 Honda was very easy. They did everything for me. I filed a claim for a repair and it went well. They fixed the issue, and it was covered...

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract cost

Vehicle service contract prices are not available on Zurich’s website. Expect prices to vary based on your local dealership and the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at an authorized dealership. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget.

Zurich offers your choice of deductible, including zero-deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles generally vary, but a typical deductible is about $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich currently offers three extended warranty plans for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so just speak to a representative at a certified dealership for more information on which items are covered.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan is Zurich’s most basic warranty coverage. It covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Transfer case
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
Standard
The Standard plan covers everything the Powertrain plan covers, plus your vehicle’s:
  • Suspension
  • Steering
  • Brakes
  • Heating and AC system
  • Electrical components
Comprehensive
The Comprehensive plan is an exclusionary policy, which means it covers everything on your vehicle except certain components. The most notable coverage additions for the Comprehensive plan are your vehicle’s:
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Zurich covers repairs made at any ASE-certified facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract. Once the diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team and obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich pays the repair facility directly.

Most plans also include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan you choose, the rental reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a six- or 10-day maximum.

Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary, but most are $100 a day for three days. You only qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if you have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home, requiring you to remain there overnight.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract FAQ

What does a Zurich Comprehensive warranty cover?

Zurich’s Comprehensive warranty is an exclusionary policy, which means it’s defined by what it doesn’t cover. However, you can expect the Comprehensive warranty to cover your vehicle’s:

• Engine
  • Electrical components
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior
Where are Zurich service contracts available?

Zurich's vehicle service contracts are only available at select dealerships throughout the United States and Canada.

Can I cancel my Zurich extended warranty?

Zurich’s website is not clear about its cancellation policy. However, industry standards indicate it may be possible. You may be charged a cancellation fee, and refunds can take one to two months. Since Zurich works with dealers to offer its plans, it may be a good idea to reach out to the finance department at your local dealership.

How many plans does Zurich offer?

Zurich offers three extended warranty plans. Powertrain covers your car’s engine, drive axle and transmission. Standard covers everything in Powertrain, plus components like your suspension, steering and brakes. Comprehensive offers exclusionary coverage that includes almost all vehicle components. See the expandable module above for a more complete breakdown.

Is a Zurich extended warranty worth it?

A vehicle service contract from Zurich is worth it if you're buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership should be able to speak with you and help you choose the right plan. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making the company a good choice if you’re wanting to keep your other vehicles protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract video review

zurich vehicle service contract video review
Robert: Hello, my name is Robert. I live in Michigan. And I got my Zurich contract through my dealer when I bought my vehicle back in April of last year. I chose the Zurich because the dealer recommended it. He said that there's a lot of other available contracts that you could get, but their experience was that Zurich was the best coverage you could get for the price that you pay and for their service and basically how they just take care of it. They don't ask a lot of questions and they realize that if your vehicle breaks down, you need it fixed. No, actually it was a very easy way to do things. The dealer walked me through all the information, showed me what I was spending my money to get, and said that I once I sign on to it and if I did need to use Zurich, that it was very simple to get ahold of them and to get approval for what you need repairs. There wasn't a lot of paperwork, a lot of phone calls or steps to take, so that's one of the reasons that convinced me that Zurich was probably better than most of them to use. It's funny because when I took my car into have it fixed, what happened was the transfer case went out on it. And my mechanic called me and he said, I have bad news. He said, the transfer case, even a used transfer case, was gonna run $2,400 to $2,500, and I said, yikes. I'm on a fixed income. I'm retired. And I'm thinking, well, there goes a chunk outta my savings. And I mentioned to him, I said, well, I have Zurich coverage. Will they cover it? And he's like, well, there's one way to find out. Let's give them a call. And I said, well, I can call them, and he said, oh no, he says, I'll take care of it. So I gave him the VIN off the vehicle and he dealt directly with them. He called me back about a half hour later and said, good news, he said, Zurich has no problem with covering the transfer case. The only difference is, he says, I can't get a used one for you, Zurich is insisting that I buy a new one, and a new one ran $4,800 and I ended up only paying $100 deductible on that. So as far as it being an easy, painless way of doing it, my repairman took care of the whole thing. So all I did was wait for the phone call and heave a sigh of relief that I was not gonna be out $4,800. It's funny, I've never been a fan of extended warranties on appliances, and being old school, I did a lot of the repair work on my cars myself simply because it was a little cheaper and easier than going to a dealer or to a mechanic. But the dealer told me, he said, you're gonna want an extended contract, and I'm like, well, I don't know. He said, trust me, he said, these cars are so far ahead in technology that the average person can't work on them. And he said, if you have a component, you know, God forbid go out of the vehicle, he said, they're very pricey. Most things to repair aren't $200 or $300 repairs anymore, they're $1,200, $1,300, $1,400. And he said, to spend a little bit of money for the peace of mind that if there is a breakdown, Zurich will cover it, he said to me, that's a no-brainer. And I'm very glad I did that. And it was even funny because I had to get a rental car because I'm a one vehicle family and I thought, well, I wonder if Zurich covers rental cars? So I contacted them by email and I got an email response back saying, send us a copy of your rental agreement when you turn the car in and it's paid for and we'll reimburse you. And sure enough, about 10 days after I submitted that, here comes a check in the mail from Zurich to cover the rental car costs. So all in all, just a really good experience with them.

Stars Rating

• 71%
  • 18%
  • 6%
  • 2%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?
    CoverageTech

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I originally leased a 2021 Chevy Tahoe high Country fully loaded beige in color. Loved the ride love the car. My son-in-law drove my car loved it couldn’t say anything bad about the car. Then he came time to turn return my car and get another Chevy Tahoe (High country) for a new car they didn’t have what I wanted and the miles had gone over and the car was in an accident with someone Who sideswiped me? Almost T-bone type of accident. My car was fixed perfectly. Then I had to purchase the car. I purchased the car and I always get the extended warranty from the manufacturer, but since it was an older car, that was not an option so I did my research and I picked zurich even though it cost was comparable to all the other Warranty companies out there I didn’t decided to get the best advice from the service technicians who work on these different warranty companies two different dealership service department both recommended Zurich.

I knew that I needed to have peace of mind and I made the decision to buy a zurich extended car Warranty. After driving my car for about two months after I purchased the vehicle I’m Miss zurich extended car warranty my water pump blew and cause a lot of damage. Zurich extended car warranty spent over $2000. to repair that problem. Right after the repair was complete My car Still had an issues that was related to that original water pump problem and they end up spending and additional $1500. That’s a total of about $3500. That zurich saved me plus the Rentacar for about two weeks. I want to be very clear all of that quest absolutely nothing not even a deductible. They also gave me a Rent-A-Car for several weeks for both repairs.

Zurich is the greatest insurance policy that I ever bought or you should ever buy. There was no double talk no problems, Everything was covered. If you ever wanted to buy a car Extended Warranty stick with a proven extended car warranty that’s proven like zurich I swear by this company and if you ever believe A review, I’m telling you to believe me , I’m not getting paid or compensated in any way whatsoever for this honest and unbiased review. I just felt at the company did a great job with my car and that pleased. I thought I cannot help but write this review.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceCoverageTechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

The most recent repair I had was related to the windshield wiper fluid motor needed to be replaced. It was taken care of but now, I still have a warning popping up that I have. I may have to visit the dealer to address that separately. But that has nothing to do with the current service and how quickly that turned around. Having the contract with Zurich has helped. There was a situation that occurred the last time that I had a need for repair on the vehicle that the contract did not cover. So I reached out to Zurich and spoke with a rep, and the dealer did as well. It was a situation where the door handle broke from the inside of the door so it would not work, and in order to access the door handle, they had to disassemble the trim.

The trim is specifically stated as something that is not covered by Zurich. We did try to go and have conversation by nature about the way the vehicle is built. So that caused a little bit of frustration on my part, just navigating that and ending up with that responsibility myself, financially. But it is clearly stated in the contract. So at the end of the day, I just had to understand it and move on. Overall, I would recommend Zurich. Read your contract carefully and just understand what is and is not covered. If it is covered, you may have to sit on hold for 30 to 45 minutes to reach a rep. Once you do get somebody on the phone, it's a very easy and quick review process. Then the payment to the dealer is immediate. So it is hassle-free and trouble-free as long as it's covered.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and we're happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! Please do revisit the dealership to address the warning that you are still seeing. We are grateful to hear your appreciation for Zurich's reliability regarding repairs to your vehicle.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

When I went to get my tire replaced at first, it was a horrible experience. I went to the Honda Services and they told me that it would be about a three-hour wait. They said, "Okay, you're good. It's in the queue. Because there's like eight cars in front of you, it'll be about a three-hour wait." I told them that I was okay with that and I would just wait there. Two hours go by and I walked up to the desk and asked, "Hey, how's it all going? Has my car gotten started or is there an update?" The guy said, "Oh, we haven't called the insurance yet. We have to call the insurance to see if it's approved for your car." So I told them, "Oh, I kind of would have thought you guys would have done that a little earlier."

I was standing next to them while the guy called Zurich. It was on speaker, so I could hear it ringing. But all of a sudden, it was an automated message saying that their office was closed because it was right before New Year's. That was understandable. They closed at a certain time because it was New Year's and places closed early. But it didn't make sense to me how Honda called two hours after I had already been waiting. When the tire was finally replaced, Zurich handled everything on that end. I didn't pay for anything.

Hello Emman,

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

I dealt with the finance department at Sherman Oaks BMW, and they sold me an extended warranty that I wanted. I picked a five-year warranty that would travel with the car. So, if I sold it, the warranty would still be in effect and it would cover everything except the wear and tear items like tires and brakes. But nobody said one word about a ceiling on the coverage.

When I took my car in recently, I was denied coverage of something because the limit was $1,000. Why would I pay $4,300 to get $1,000 maximum cumulative coverage? That would make no sense whatsoever. Somebody somewhere did something weird and Sherman Oaks BMW is trying to figure it out because I need some work on the car and I'm not paying for it because it's not in the wear and tear category.

I replaced the battery at my expense which I didn't think was an uncovered item. But $700 later, that's fine. The rest of the service exceeded the $1,000 cap that the $4,300 warranty bought me. So, I'm a very unhappy consumer. BMW Sherman Oaks let me know that they had spent almost an hour on hold with Zurich, so they weren't pleased either. Zurich's price is expensive. If it actually covers no limit to the amount of warranty you have, it would be reasonable. But it has a cap. That's ridiculous.

2/20/2024: Updated star rating- claim has since been paid.

Hello, Roxanna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Zurich has a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. It appears there was a clerical error when your Service Contract was entered; that has now been fixed, and your claims have been filed and paid. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at vscclaim@zurichna.com

Claims HandlingCoverageTechPrice

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

I was sold a warranty for my car and when I tried to get the claim, I was told that it was the wrong type or it wouldn't qualify for my car. The good thing was the dealership corrected it and Zurich was able to process the claim. So once we got past that hurdle, everything went smoothly. At one point, the part was going to be replaced and it cost 800 bucks. It was some type of sensor. I updated the warranty and by the time it came back up again, the dealership said they just moved around some wires and were able to figure it out. So what went through the warranty was a different component than what would have originally when the dealership thought I had a different warranty. At the end of the day, the car seemed to work. The services were restored and the problem was addressed. But it raised an eyebrow when all of a sudden, the suggested way forward was changed from what was first told to me.

There's a sensor that keeps you in the lane if you start to drift and that same sensor apparently is responsible for the automatic windshield wipers and lane departure, and blind spots while you're driving. Every time it seemed like the car wanted to send a signal or to use that sensor, it would throw an error code saying my sensors were not working. So, none of those features that would protect the car while I'm driving and keep me safe were working. It was fixed without a cost to me. Whatever component was ordered or switched out was covered by Zurich. So, I didn't even have to pay the deductible. The dealership just said it was zero charge and I could pick up my vehicle. Zurich paid for it so that was a plus. Outside of what the dealership did, I don't have any issues.

The warranty covers bumper-to-bumper but it's only sensors and things like that. I'm hearing things like a whistling sound but I didn't hear it until after I turned the radio off. And now, I'm hearing almost like how a boat creaks. In my opinion, it’s the suspension in the back. I asked the mechanic if it’s something they could look into or if it would go through the warranty and they said it’s categorized as something separate and it's almost like a wear and tear thing. So, it made it seem as if it wasn't covered and that’s not bumper-to-bumper to me. The expectation was off, which is why I wanna look at my policy to see if it itemizes certain things.

The contract was a little pricey. It’s 5,000 for three years or 100,000 miles, but it only covers certain things. The warranty that I have is priced more than what I paid even though it's still expensive, because they messed up. So, the dealership ate the difference. The warranty was sold to me and then it had to be changed. So there was a price difference that would have been more, and at that rate, it's still expensive. But it's almost like you can't afford not to do it, with all the technology and things that are in the vehicle.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

It's working for me. I have used it and it was no hassle. Everything went fine. The company okayed it and they made the repair.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I've had Zurich since December 2022, and I don't know what to do with it or where to go. I called customer service one time and it was a pain in the butt. I had a nail in my tire and I said, "Where do I take it?" They said, "Just you have to go take it somewhere and see if they authorize or take it back to the dealership." I live an hour and a half away from the dealership I bought it from. So then, I was calling tire stores and I said, "Hey, do you guys use this warranty?" They basically told me, "I don't know. Just bring it in. We'll take a look at it."

I took my car to one place and they said, "No, we don't honor this." I said, "Okay." The guy said, "Let me take a look at the tire." He went out there and patched it for six bucks. So I ended up just paying for it. It would have been nice if I would've been able to call and Zurich said, "Okay, you can go to this company in your local area." That would have been a little more beneficial. Luckily, I have not had to use the policy yet outside of making that one call that one time.

Hello, Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Zurich has a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Profile pic of the author.
      Susan increased rating by 3 stars.
      Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTech
      After a positive interaction with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract, Susan increased their star rating on June 10, 2024.

Updated review: June 10, 2024

Thank you for resolving this matter.

Original Review: May 23, 2024

Zurich has caused me unnecessary stress. They continue to stall paying out my claim. My lender, insurance Co. and dealer, keep providing the information their requesting and they keep telling me that it's still needed. It's a lie and I will never do business with them or any other gap insurance Co again. The customer service is terrible, they are rude and rush you off the phone. They'll take your money, but resent keeping their end of the deal. I'll l continue to pursue this, because they are hoping I'll give up. I wish I could give zero stars, but aren't allowed to. If someone there wants to call me to fix this issue I'm ready to talk.

Pinned
      Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. A review of your GAP claim file shows that we’ve now received all the information required, and the claim has been paid. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: usz.gapclaims@zurichna.com

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I would definitely recommend Zurich since the process is hassle-free and it's very convenient. It's good to have.

Reviewed May 12, 2024

We took the car in to Garber Buick who sold the car to us a couple of months ago. They just pulled up the paperwork and it was very easy. Called in for an appointment, checked the car in the next day, took overnight to repair it, and got it back. Everything was above board.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information