4.6/5 (121 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

It was a quick hassle free experience, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would buy Zurich coverage for all my vehicles in the future if I can. Even fully covered my rent...

Verified

I have had to use the service contract 3 times now. Each time has made me immensely happy that I purchased it. So far the comprehensive service contract has lived up to what I was...

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract cost

Vehicle service contract prices are not available on Zurich’s website. Expect prices to vary based on your local dealership and the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at an authorized dealership. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget.

Zurich offers your choice of deductible, including zero-deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles generally vary, but a typical deductible is about $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich currently offers three extended warranty plans for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so just speak to a representative at a certified dealership for more information on which items are covered.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan is Zurich’s most basic warranty coverage. It covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Transfer case
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
Standard
The Standard plan covers everything the Powertrain plan covers, plus your vehicle’s:
  • Suspension
  • Steering
  • Brakes
  • Heating and AC system
  • Electrical components
Comprehensive
The Comprehensive plan is an exclusionary policy, which means it covers everything on your vehicle except certain components. The most notable coverage additions for the Comprehensive plan are your vehicle’s:
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Zurich covers repairs made at any ASE-certified facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract. Once the diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team and obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich pays the repair facility directly.

Most plans also include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan you choose, the rental reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a six- or 10-day maximum.

Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary, but most are $100 a day for three days. You only qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if you have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home, requiring you to remain there overnight.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract FAQ

What does a Zurich Comprehensive warranty cover?
Zurich’s Comprehensive warranty is an exclusionary policy, which means it’s defined by what it doesn’t cover. However, you can expect the Comprehensive warranty to cover your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Electrical components
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior
Where are Zurich service contracts available?
Zurich's vehicle service contracts are only available at select dealerships throughout the United States and Canada.
Can I cancel my Zurich extended warranty?
Zurich’s website is not clear about its cancellation policy. However, industry standards indicate it may be possible. You may be charged a cancellation fee, and refunds can take one to two months. Since Zurich works with dealers to offer its plans, it may be a good idea to reach out to the finance department at your local dealership.
How many plans does Zurich offer?
Zurich offers three extended warranty plans. Powertrain covers your car’s engine, drive axle and transmission. Standard covers everything in Powertrain, plus components like your suspension, steering and brakes. Comprehensive offers exclusionary coverage that includes almost all vehicle components. See the expandable module above for a more complete breakdown.

Is a Zurich extended warranty worth it?

A vehicle service contract from Zurich is worth it if you're buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership should be able to speak with you and help you choose the right plan. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making the company a good choice if you’re wanting to keep your other vehicles protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract video review

zurich vehicle service contract video review
Robert: Hello, my name is Robert. I live in Michigan. And I got my Zurich contract through my dealer when I bought my vehicle back in April of last year. I chose the Zurich because the dealer recommended it. He said that there's a lot of other available contracts that you could get, but their experience was that Zurich was the best coverage you could get for the price that you pay and for their service and basically how they just take care of it. They don't ask a lot of questions and they realize that if your vehicle breaks down, you need it fixed. No, actually it was a very easy way to do things. The dealer walked me through all the information, showed me what I was spending my money to get, and said that I once I sign on to it and if I did need to use Zurich, that it was very simple to get ahold of them and to get approval for what you need repairs. There wasn't a lot of paperwork, a lot of phone calls or steps to take, so that's one of the reasons that convinced me that Zurich was probably better than most of them to use. It's funny because when I took my car into have it fixed, what happened was the transfer case went out on it. And my mechanic called me and he said, I have bad news. He said, the transfer case, even a used transfer case, was gonna run $2,400 to $2,500, and I said, yikes. I'm on a fixed income. I'm retired. And I'm thinking, well, there goes a chunk outta my savings. And I mentioned to him, I said, well, I have Zurich coverage. Will they cover it? And he's like, well, there's one way to find out. Let's give them a call. And I said, well, I can call them, and he said, oh no, he says, I'll take care of it. So I gave him the VIN off the vehicle and he dealt directly with them. He called me back about a half hour later and said, good news, he said, Zurich has no problem with covering the transfer case. The only difference is, he says, I can't get a used one for you, Zurich is insisting that I buy a new one, and a new one ran $4,800 and I ended up only paying $100 deductible on that. So as far as it being an easy, painless way of doing it, my repairman took care of the whole thing. So all I did was wait for the phone call and heave a sigh of relief that I was not gonna be out $4,800. It's funny, I've never been a fan of extended warranties on appliances, and being old school, I did a lot of the repair work on my cars myself simply because it was a little cheaper and easier than going to a dealer or to a mechanic. But the dealer told me, he said, you're gonna want an extended contract, and I'm like, well, I don't know. He said, trust me, he said, these cars are so far ahead in technology that the average person can't work on them. And he said, if you have a component, you know, God forbid go out of the vehicle, he said, they're very pricey. Most things to repair aren't $200 or $300 repairs anymore, they're $1,200, $1,300, $1,400. And he said, to spend a little bit of money for the peace of mind that if there is a breakdown, Zurich will cover it, he said to me, that's a no-brainer. And I'm very glad I did that. And it was even funny because I had to get a rental car because I'm a one vehicle family and I thought, well, I wonder if Zurich covers rental cars? So I contacted them by email and I got an email response back saying, send us a copy of your rental agreement when you turn the car in and it's paid for and we'll reimburse you. And sure enough, about 10 days after I submitted that, here comes a check in the mail from Zurich to cover the rental car costs. So all in all, just a really good experience with them.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: April 25, 2022

Once I got to the right number, it went smoothly. I was able to hand the vehicle off to the dealership, and they spoke directly to Zurich's agents, and they took care of everything. I got a brand-new tire. It was a road hazard. And I was glad that the dealers determined that it needed to be replaced. Zurich covered everything and it couldn’t have been smoother.

The only bit of friction was I don’t have an app where I could easily have a way to get to the information, know which one to call. That would have been super helpful. My wife had to scan the policy, send it to me. I called the dealership where we bought the car. They had one number which was different from the number that I ultimately called. So, that was a bit of the friction. But it all worked out. Because what needed to happen was the dealer needed to call Zurich to get the claim processed. Once that happened, literally within under five minutes, it was all done. And I just walked out of the dealership. I didn’t have to do anything. I paid nothing. That was great.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I didn't have very much interaction with Zurich, which I somewhat appreciate. The one representative that I spoke with at Zurich was helpful and helped me understand the process. I called ahead of time to figure out what the process was, and they verified that the repair would be covered. Discount Tire handled majority of it and worked with them. Zurich covered the tire for the screw that was in it, and that was what I was hoping for and expecting. If friends felt that they really needed a warranty for something, then I wouldn't shy away from Zurich. I haven't had very many cars myself to know how they compare to others, but if friends asked me what my experience was, I would say that it was positive and easy.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My experience with Zurich has been good. However, I just found out that when I switched dealership, that I have to pay deductible now because I got the coverage through the other dealership, and the dealership is refusing my services because my car has too many issues. It’s the main factory thing that I've been having issues with the car, nothing I'm doing, because I can't break the mechanics of the industry. So I had to switch dealerships because they say there was always something wrong with my vehicle so they refused my services.

Then when I did, now I have to pay a $100 deductible, which I feel is unfair. Then I was told I will have to get another policy through the other dealership that is very similar, but not the same. I just don't want to have to go through it anymore. So I'm just going to pay the $100 deductible if I have no choice. But anything that needed to be taken care of that was wrong with the vehicle was covered by Zurich. I've never had any issues getting anything covered besides the other stuff, like oil change and the tires are not covered, but what they said they were gonna cover, they cover.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Zurich was recommended to me by multiple vehicle owners who had used Zurich in the past at the dealership. And it was not as high a price as I thought it would be. So far, I've had a great experience. Two weeks ago, I had one tire punctured. The next week, the other one in the rear got punctured as well. They were both repairable by just patching, so the dealership took care of that for me and called it in on my behalf without even asking. I did not have to make any form of payment because they told me it was already paid for by Zurich or they were going to call it in and charge at a later date to Zurich instead of me.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I’ve used Zurich on the oil changes and we had a sensor that went out a couple of weeks ago before a road trip to see some family for the holidays. That was really annoying. It was flashing on the dashboard and beeping. I took it to the dealer and it was covered under the warranty. So it already paid for itself just in one visit. I also reached out to somebody at Zurich because the dealership was a pain in the butt. If you don't know what you have, they don't really want to tell you. Even though they’re in service, they’re still salesmen and they make money on the more stuff they make you think you have to do. Zurich's rep told me that based on what I told him, the service I needed would be under the electrical. It was very helpful to go into the dealership knowing this information, so I was more confident in saying that it was going to be covered by the warranty.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Zurich is fine with everything. I have the tire warranty with them. I had the tire replaced. The dealer took care of it all.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I didn't have to pay out of pocket for the claim on the wheel bearings but I paid out of pocket for other work I had done there. The only discrepancy I had was Zurich doesn't cover the DEF system. There should be at least a warranty that somebody could purchase to help cover that 'cause it's expensive.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I bought the car at Zeigler Chrysler, and I bought the extended warranty there. So, I told them I have an extended warranty. It was fairly easy. My car had the engine light on. And there was an air intake thing, and it was bad in the front, which was covered. The only thing I wasn't sure about is Zurich didn't cover everything. Because one of the wires was corroded, and they don't cover corrosion. But the car is only two years old. But it all worked out. I saved money in the long run.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Discount Tire made the phone call. They told Zurich. It was very easy and very good. Everything was efficient.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I have multiple policies, and I had to use the policy for dent removal. And just recently, for a nail in my tire. So far, it has been great. The GMC dealer did everything for me. I didn't have to pay for anything. Having Zurich has been a major benefit.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information