Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich offers a lot of choices to consumers, so it’s easier to find a plan that fits your needs. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help answer your questions.

PROS

• Covers motorcycles, powersports
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans
  • Roadside assistance available

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for a vehicle service contract are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich products. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Zurich offers deductible choices as well including zero deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Although Zurich offers many other plans, some of their most popular are: Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so for more information on which services are covered, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
  • Interior/exterior
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified repair facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract.  Once diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team to obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich will pay the authorized amount directly to the repair facility.

Most plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage.  Depending on the plan you choose, the rental coverage reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a 6- or 10-day maximum. Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary.  Most are $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home requiring them to remain overnight during repairs.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich vehicle service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

A cousin who used Zurich before recommended it to me and I bought a service contract from her. When I had a flat tire, I called the company to see what their process was. The rep told me to find a tire dealer who would work with them. I gave the tire people the number that was provided to me and the tire dealer handled it all. That time, I didn't know I needed a second tire. Once the dealer's people racked up my car, they saw sheet metal and the other one. They were able to fix them as well while they had it. The one tire I needed was pretty much free of charge outside of paying my monthly premium. This was three dollars extra a month to cover what would have cost me $400 out of pocket. It's a no brainer and there isn't any reason not to get this kind of service contract. The coverage is awesome.

Susan,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your experience with Zurich's Vehicle Service Contract. Your service experience is very important to us and we appreciate hearing from you.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I’m not too happy with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract. I was told that I had the tires for the life of the vehicle, and when I had a road damage to the first tire, they said that they never put that through so they weren’t gonna honor it, even though I had the paperwork that said it. All the paperwork that they gave me was only my signature, but they didn't give me a paperwork with theirs. But all the other paperwork that I had, they honored, but not that one. The whole reason why I went with them was that service contract, and now that’s not even all operational. It’s just the rest of the service. So, I’m a bit disappointed.

I went back in and talked to the manager, but the sales manager that was there when I purchased the vehicle had left. And the other manager said he’d get back with me. They ended up not charging me because I never heard back, but they said that it wouldn’t be good going forward. I took my vehicle for a change oil and tire repair. The oil change was good. It was covered. But I was very disappointed that they tried to charge me for the tire. Zurich is fine. It’s with the person that wrote up the contract that I have a problem with. I asked if the contract could be rewritten and they said that they could.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I didn’t get everything covered but for the couple of things that I needed, the policy sounded beneficial. I also purchased it because I thought I was getting a better deal with the dealership. It was definitely not Zurich's fault but I thought I had a little more money to play with. Nonetheless, my experience has been good so far. I've had to use them once when I had a flat tire and it was damaged too close to my sidewall. I called two or three times to get some information but apparently, the shop that’s doing the work needs to call. I relayed that to the second person I went to. The first person had refused to work on my car because he believed that it was a hassle to work with this type of coverage company, which I can understand, but it was also frustrating and eating up more of my day. I thought I was just gonna be able to drop it off.

Also, it was a flat tire so I jacked it up and removed the tire but I was instructed by one of the salesmen from Zurich that I should have left the tire on and that somewhere in the coverage, I was covered for a towing service. But that’s insane. Thankfully, someone had the common sense that I could take a photo of the VIN Number and of the tire then put the picture together that this is the vehicle. I understand that some people are trying to fraud people but towing a car a quarter mile to a shop to plug a tire is ludicrous.

The work took a weekend and fortunately, I was going out-of-town and was not dependent upon my vehicle. I dropped it off on a Friday then I was able to pick it up first thing Monday morning then ride it home. The mechanic was able to put the tire back on my car. Then apparently, Zurich's portion of the claim was all taken care of before the work was even done. I just had to pay that $3 disposal fee when I picked up the tire that Monday. Paying $3 isn't that bad but at the same time, couldn't they cover $3 more?

Original review: May 10, 2019

My vehicle service experience was awful because they, at first, told me I didn’t have any warranty. And then I had to wait for somebody to get there. And then I had waited for a while, then I left, and I just drove around the block, took a quick trip around the corner. The next thing I know, I had a complete flat tire. It was a bad experience. Thank God I was right next to the Kia place, so my husband took it around and told them that they needed to fix the tire because they actually put my tires inside out. The outside of the tire says, “Inside.” And they said it only really matters during weather. But my tires were on wrong, my AC wasn’t working, and my check engine light came on a couple of days ago. It randomly went off.

I just got the car but my AC wasn’t working. I didn’t have to use it for the while that I had it this couple of weeks. So, I had to take it in, and I had to pay $200. I was given a printout, and it said it was gonna be like 680 and that I was only gonna have to pay 200 for the deductible. But when I got the receipt, it was only gonna be like 5-something, and I’m paying 2-something of that, and Zurich was paying the rest. I was just confused why I had to pay anything seeing how I only had the car for a short time.

Hello, Kori,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a new Corolla in December and the dealership went over the different auto warranty packages. Having the extra coverage and protection for the wheels, tires, windows, all the paint, and all that was a good deal for only a few dollars a month. One time, I spoke to Zurich because I was getting a lot of pushback from Toyota. I was really irritated because I called and told the dealership that I needed to get my wheel fixed and tried to schedule the appointment. They allowed it at first and then they called me to say that I needed to get authorization through Zurich first. So I told them that when I purchased the policy, I was told that they would do all that. Still, they told me that they weren’t gonna take my car.

I then called Zurich to make sure that I wasn’t crazy and the guy I spoke with was really good. He said that I absolutely do not need the authorization and the dealership is the one who should initiate and needs to go through any claim. He told me to tell them that and if that doesn't work then I should take my car to somebody else then Zurich would take care of me. So I called Toyota back and finally, they listened, and they were able to get it all covered. I had to take it back a week later to get the new wheel put on but it all ended up being fine. Although I got the hubcap not included within the warranty, which was weird, it wasn’t that much extra to replace. The coverage met my expectations for the repairs for the most part and I didn’t have a balance at all when I picked the car up.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, Yolanda, for sharing your experience. We are pleased the coverage met your expectations. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: March 20, 2020

I have a 2014 Ram 3500. The tailgate camera got moisture in it and became unusable. Dealer called Zurich and they will not cover it. Even though the Ram new truck warranty would if still in effect. I called Zurich myself and was told "since it was water damage it was not covered". If the camera seals had not failed there would not have been water damage. They were nice on the phone but still will not cover under warranty. When I purchased the Ram I was assured by the dealer that it was bumper to bumper just as good as a Chrysler factory warranty. Do not buy an extended auto warranty from Zurich. If they won't cover something so obvious what else wont they cover?

Robert,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. Our service contracts, although similar, are not exactly the same as the RAM warranty so unfortunately this repair could not be covered. However, if you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 18, 2020

When I took my vehicle to Lakeland Automall-Hyundai, Zurich did a good job. My service contract with them was included in the purchase and they’re going to take care of my needs in my next visits. They’ll also cover the expenses for the first year or the first three oil changes.

Walter,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: March 8, 2020

Happy with the response and coverage of tire service and sensor-related issues. Customer service, good with understanding the issues and helping solve it. Worth buying the warranty. Thanks for all the help.

Trupti,

Original review: March 4, 2020

Same day service truck was done within a few hours. Customer service was second to none, Victor let me know all of my options upfront and was very easy to work with. I will definitely use them again for any services done on my truck.

Jeff,

Original review: March 4, 2020

Has always been a good experience when having to use my extended warranty. Thankful that I purchased it and will be sure to purchase this again on my next used vehicle. This last repair was for the left front wheel bearing.

Vincent,