Zurich North America

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My transmission went out on my van. The manufacturer warranty expired six months ago but I did purchase an extended warranty through Zurich. I went online and after reading all the reviews I thought there was no chance they would cover it. I was already on the hook for the bill to remove the transmission and for them to find the clutches were burnt out. They said it was likely from my transmission cooler leaking. But then they paid to fix it! I had to pay for the cooler and hoses but they covered the whole transmission.

4 days ago one of their insurers in a dump truck hit the left quarter panel of my car. I called Zurich and made a report. Gave them until Tuesday to get back to me. Called on Tuesday and was given an adjuster name. Called twice and left a message and emailed him. Today I called the main number and they said they are unable to reach him but send an internal email to him to contact me. Three hours gone by and no contacts. Guess I have to get my insurance company involved now and see what happens.

If you wish to throw your money away and want insurance that will ensure you will "almost never" be compensated for legitimate claims Zurich is the trash can to pitch your money in! Thank you so much for taking my $1473 and only settling 1 of 2 claims over my 5 year contract. Trust you'll put the remaining $1098 of my investment with you to good use advertising for, and screwing more suckers.

This company is the WORST, I'm begging anyone that is reading this to take heed and read all the reviews here. We canceled our policies for both of our tow trucks because they raised our rates without notifying us... so we immediately cancelled. They then tried to ask us to come back and they would keep the rate the same... we told them, "No thank you." Then the following month they tried to bill us for a month we already paid for. The problem is they didn't know what month they were trying to bill us... first it was June then they tried May (fishing to see if we still had our receipts). We hold all our receipts. We are prepared to go to court with these CROOKS. PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AWAY, RUN, HANG UP on these CROOKS. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAM ARTIST. THEY LIE and I don't understand why they are still in business.

I was rear-ended by a punk kid who worked for a Ford dealership in OR and was insured by Zurich. He was driving a dealer car at the time. He was following too closely on the freeway in stop-and-go traffic and ended up hitting me. As we pulled over to exchange info, he told me he was on the phone and that's why he hit me. Well after all this, I call Zurich to make my claim and before I can even get my side out, I was told the driver is now claiming he was hit and that's why he hit me! Well my claim was denied as the mystery 3rd party involved is now responsible for my damage. Not sure where he came up with this but had there been a 3rd person, I would have also got their info. I now have damage to my car and have to take care of it myself. They will be seeing me in court!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich North America?

I was rear ended by a fleet vehicle 11/2016 that had Zurich as their insurance. I called the night of the accident to report the claim. One week later still heard nothing from them. I had to initiate every call between them and I. Eventually car was totaled. Once again I had to make numerous calls to them that find out what's going on and where we're at. Nobody will return your call or email and managers could care less as well. Horrible company! Feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck having to deal with them!

My car was totaled due to water damage. It was good news to find out I had Gap insurance, until I found out after having my new car for 5 weeks, that Gap insurance wouldn't cover the remaining balance that was owed. Leaving me $3600 to cover. So unless I can come up with the $, I am unable to get a car. DO NOT GET GAP INSURANCE FROM ZURICH. I am no longer with any company getting Gap.

15 yr ago I was damaged back/psyche, by Transport America and its insurer Zurich financial deliberately under workers' compensation, racketeering/fraud/slavery/starvation, and deprivation of housing, medical services and the right to trial in a loop. Here is the W C case No. ** filed in San Bernardino, California. If you cannot access case info, contact Jeannette ** in that W C. Court. Please post my email, so that people who have similar problems can communicate with me. Thank you.

SCAM. I can't believe I fell into this trap of an extended warranty. Absolutely NOTHING has been covered. My car needs a new cooling system and that isn't ** covered and any further damage caused as a result is also not covered. Screw you Zurich. Go out of business already.

I have been working with adjuster Lisa **. She doesn't return calls within her stated time frame. I call her 3x a week and hear nothing. Claim is being denied on the basis of not being previously on notice of danger in no lighting near bathroom of shopping center. Feels like they will run out the legal time for claim and I will not be reimbursed for medical expenses and ongoing pain and limitations. Sounds like life.... and will not expect fairness. I have not been able to get legal representation as this is "small potatoes."

I am being treated like this did not happen to me. They have denied my claim. I was injured with 6 herniations. It was definitely not my fault. The premises were very dangerous, but you could not see it until it was too late. I don't know how it is legal for insurance companies to get away with what they do. Something is wrong with the system. This has ruined my life. Cannot to get operated on. In financial crisis all because went down to last Resorts in frantic City on a Groupon deal, by the way are also a shady organization. Cannot get legal representation, because not one lawyer wants it. Zurich will not settle, they say. That is pretty bad. The company should be shut down because they do nothing. This company is full of dirty lowdown lowlife. Some can't even talk properly. Government, why do you not regulate this dirt ball company. Someone owes me. That is all I know.

As I started dealing with Zurich I read the reviews and was surprised that people were actually going through this. Because my experience was not like this at all. However I spoke to soon. After my surgery things started to go downhill as far as them sending out my checks. It's like they don't care about you surviving to take care of your household. They will hold your checks to the point you are behind in everything. The Workers Comp Commission really needs to put this company in check.

I was injured in a work comp car accident while at work years ago. I was a very hard worker and had no interest in suing work comp or getting what other people have talked about as settlements. I'm from Montana where I was raised to work, not sue people. In return for me being very honest and very hardworking and doing my best to get back to work before I should have, Zurich was extra sneaky and dishonest, claiming they sent me letters, rules about their policies, etc, etc - yet never sent any of it, and barely paid any of my medical costs and telling me they were not going to pay at all for some of my injuries or claiming they never received the bills/requests for reimbursement.

They stalled and stalled about paying things - all verbal, never putting anything in writing (so now I have no proof) - claiming they never received things or that I had broken one of their rules (that they had never told me about) until eventually claiming that the entire statue had run out - before it actually HAD run out, as a bluff to get me to go away. They are extremely dishonest company with no morals and no desire to help people in their biggest time of need. They intimidated me, sneered at me, put me down, verbally told me they would never pay for my bills, and kicked me when I was down at a time in my life where all I needed was some support to get back to work and keep working.

If I were an employer looking to hire them as work comp provider, I would RUN THE OTHER WAY. They are TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE company who takes pride in screwing their clients over. They are genius at finding loopholes and care nothing for people that need help and want to return to work. In my opinion, they are very dishonest and sneaky and are focused on how they can find a way to get out of paying for anyone's medical care or other care they are contracted for. They also make an employer who hires them look bad and appear like they also do not have integrity. Be very wary of them. I think 1 star is too much for them.

My wife totaled her car on Sept 9. The claim was filed and accepted. The check from Zurich didn't go out until Sept. 30th. The check never made it to the bank. Zurich didn't send it to the right address. It took them until Oct. 30 to stop payment and reissue a check. The bank still has not received the check and Zurich just keeps giving me the runaround about it could take 2 weeks for the mail to run. Nowhere in the continental US does it take two weeks for the mail to run. This company I feel is just finding ways not to pay the claim.

Work accident - My claim number is **. Zurich denied my claim after one year for pre-existing conditions. I'm gonna write article to Trucker Magazine to be aware about Zurich Ins. Policy. Also to big trucking comp. Safety departments do not to obey their PIP policy And change to another ins. company - Allstate, State Farm etc.

Zurich is my work comp insurance company - they are fast at doing nothing, quick to deny much needed meds, fast to NOT respond and NEVER send you your mileage checks! They tell you and your doctor and your attorney your medication doesn't need to be authorized because it isn't - in other words they LIE, LIE, LIE! They even told my attorney they have given me $12,000.00 in a three month period... lol. I haven't received one penny from them - they wouldn't even pay my disability. I had to get California state disability. This company needs to be shut down. They are ruthless - no compassion and heartless. This is how they work - they hope you just give up and go away! I have a permanent disability and they won't even pay for my medication like the money comes out of the adjuster's pocket...

They are expert in buying the time for the court dates by presenting fallacies and not facts and they are getting successful each and every time. But my health could not buy time. In the absence of prescribed services and therapies and lack of hygienic atmosphere I developed severe diabetes with BS of 500+ and A1C level to 11, urological, bladder issues. One example of it, I get shower once in 6 days. Another example severe burning every time I go to bathroom. Continuous typing will give pain afterward... So in short Insurance Company, on my request, was asked by the honorable judge to handover surveillance records. They have the audacity to deny this. Is it not contempt of court?

My attorney denied to take next step e.g., subpoena but rather than I got subpoena for the matter available as public record. I understand this could be confusing, but not asking in first year but asking in the seventh year does not raise a red flag? By not acting as per specialized doctors records and submitting at right time but acting upon their own medical knowledge / Is not illegal or unethical. I hired him, paying him to represent me as a legal counsel not as a medical expert.

I do not have any problem in providing each and every information related to this case to whole world. My disability discourages me to write as this gives severe pain after activity. I know as he did in past many times, my attorney will scream at me but I am using my right of Freedom of Expression, so I don't want to be bullied directly or indirectly again. One thing more, he bragged that he and defense attorney discuss my case and I was getting good settlement amount as they are golf buddies??? Conflict of interest??? We do have many pic but will avoid putting on net right now. I neither want to defame nor writing this with ill intention for anyone but yes I do want fair justice as I do not want to be vegetable.

(This was typed up by her daughter, as Sunita is unable to type continuously without pain due to her disability.)

Bought a power train coverage. Mechanic found crack on cylinder head. Then burned piston. Zurich denied claim.

Denying my pain medications without a medical license -- Stopping pain medication that I have been taking since 2006 is giving me severe withdrawals that could end in death. I had to pay for a partial amount of my meds. I can't afford to pay for them anymore, the only income I have coming in is my disability check that doesn't even pay my bills that come in. It's either pay my mortgage and food or my medications. I have a attorney, but he has done nothing for me. I am in desperate need of an aggressive attorney. I need help fast please, before I do something that will hurt my family and myself, I should not be going through this. I need help please before it's too late!!!

I was injured at John Chirsterson trucking out of Oklahoma, the company made us buy Zurich accident policy! I ripped my rotor cuff up dropping a trailer on March 15, 2013. They kept giving me doctor offices that wouldn't see me. After many tries, one take me. Dr. Says I need a MRI it was two weeks before they approved that. My surgery wasn't approved till May 20, 2013, had surgery and Drs. say I'll never drive again. All this time they're not paying me my disability then I get a check in a few months here and there! I was lied to cheated, abused, harassed broke, in sever pain. Finally they barraged so bad I had a mental break down and was in the hospital for a week in May 2014. Now they're paying every month but I still have to go to Dr. Every month!

When Zurich insurance calls you after you get hurt, they call and act like your friend, they ask you a bunch of question to find your weakness. Mine was being single, in pain and not a soul in the world to help me and a Evil insurance company! So I became a victim of Zurich Insurance! I feel that Zurich insurance is try's to get you so desperate that you'll have a total breakdown or kill yourself! I don't know how these people can do a job where they care so little about people! I told them I hope they get hurt and have Zurich insurance, that sure pissed them off! Zurich Ins SUCKS!!!

July 28, 2011 I was injured at work. Zurich N.A. is the carrier that my employer has to screw over its employees. The injury is to my left knee and leg and low back. It was caused by a faulty board used to cross an open trench. This resulted in my falling straight down into trench and forward 90 just above my knee cap. According to a fellow worker there was an audible sound of cracking and in his words the sight of my leg bending that far in the opposite direction was sickening for him to to see. I went to the ER and after about an hour I was told I needed surgery and that I could be admitted and have the knee scoped and repaired as soon as they got the approval to proceed. Being from Houston I opted to return home and have a second opinion but also to be home where I could recoup at home. I opted to be a company man and allow Zurich's so called nurse case mgr. recommend a Dr. and arrange the appt.

Well after he saw the knee he diagnosed the same thing and to my surprise the Zurich ghoul in the room with me asked if the Dr. would try PT first. His expression was one of (hey who's the Dr. here). Well I returned 3x's to his office for PT but it was never approved (a tactic that had become a never ending ploy). The adjuster actually called and told me my benefits were being stopped since I was not complying to Dr. orders (another scumbag tactic used by these evil people). It was at this point I went to the workers comp commission to protect myself. I was told I could get my own Dr. which I did immediately. This Dr. too said surgery was needed and sent forth the request for approval. Well it is Zurich's practice to lose, misplace, or just ignore this paperwork. And after 3 months Zurich requested I see a Designated Dr. who by law in TX carries presumptive weight. In other words he is the law.

Well this guy (Nestor **) said I was indeed in need of surgery but that until it was approved I could work??? A decision that later resulted in his being fined and disciplined for having signed off on this document. This action for which I strongly believe was done for under the table cash resulted in my benefits being stopped. This in turn resulted in me losing everything I owned. Because now Zurich held all the cards and again lost, misplaced, and/or just ignored the request for treatment from my Dr. This went on until I contacted my congressman who got their attention. So on 2/12/12 I got the 1st surgery done. Having walked on this leg for over 6 months resulted in more damage to the cartilage and ligaments. Upon awakening from surgery I was informed that I would now need another surgery because Zurich had stalled this long, not to mention I am still not receiving a paycheck and became homeless (thanks Zurich). Finally in August of 2012 Zurich was forced to render back pay up to date.

In the meantime again I am forced walk around on an unrepaired leg causing what, MORE DAMAGE! Resulting ultimately in a 2nd surgery that didn't occur until 2/13/2013. Again the Dr told me that my knee was still not stable and I will now need a whole knee replacement. Thanks Zurich for ruining a man's life. I have now applied for SSID and medicare (at 49 yrs old). This insurance company deserves to collapse. I love golf and Zurich holds a tournament in New Orleans each year. If you have read this entire story I would ask you to please watch said tourney AND PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF WHAT COMPANIES HAVE COMMERCIALS DURING THE TV BROADCAST AND DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. Please send a message to the advertisers that if you want to support evil insurance companies you will not buy their products. It's the only way to hurt such deep pockets.

My partner purchased an extended warranty for his Jeep. The transmission had problems only after 4 months. Bad enough that it had to be towed to the local dealer. The local dealer said they couldn't look at the vehicle until 5 days later. He contacted Zurich. They were rude, inconsiderate on the phone and told him that they couldn't give him a rental vehicle until his vehicle was diagnosed. So, he has been without a vehicle for 5 days so far and won't know the diagnosis for 2 more days (if the dealership can "fit it in"). I asked him what his contract said with Zurich.

He said there wasn't a contract. Just a form that he signed and some glossy marketing material that doesn't say ANYTHING about no rental until a diagnosis. My recommendation to him was to contact our state's attorney general's office and file a complaint against Zurich. My recommendation to a potential client of Zurich is DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. From everything I've read on here, they are the biggest rip off that money can buy. If you have purchased insurance with them and are not satisfied, I would certainly recommend filing a complaint with your attorney general's office. Companies like this need to be stopped from taking advantage of the consumer.

I have a leak in the exhaust manifold and they called the adjuster. He came out and said they need to take pictures of the damages and then they will let me know if they will cover it. If it isn't covered I'm out the cost of the repair which is about $3,000. I have tried calling and get no real answers from their customer service department. It isn't worth the cost of the extended warranty. Don't buy it.

I took my 2005 Lexus ES330 to the dealer for my O2 sensor. I was told my warranty did not cover that. It only covered moving parts. I was told at the dealer my car has a bumper to bumper warranty. If there are any lawsuit against Zurich. I want to add my name.

Zurich is very crooked and in the business of selling vehicle warranties that they refuse to honor legitimate claims on. I bought a 2011 Chevy Impala, and paid over $2,200.00 for a 100,000-mile warranty. Recently, the AC blower stopped blowing. The problem was caused by a connector on a wiring harness with a burnt pin. It also damaged a speed control module (they call it a "resistor", but it really isn't - it is a solid state circuit). The "resistor" is not covered by warranty, but the contract plainly states that wiring harnesses are covered. The person in claims refused to cover it, saying the "resistor" caused the problem. I am an electronic technician myself, and believe me, I KNOW the problem was caused by the connector which was part of the wiring harness. It cost me almost $400.00 for repairs at the dealer. Their warranty is a SCAM!

The worst customer service ever. The worst claim agents, ever. The supervisors to the claim agents, not concerned with their customer service. The manager in charge of the claim agent I was assigned said I was "Harassing" her... which is a strange word to use when attempting to deal with customers.

My husband noticed this winter that our white CRV coloring on part of the bumpers was more yellow than the rest of the car. He contacted Zurich this morning to file a complaint and was asked when he noticed and told her within the last 6 months. Only response was "Sorry, you need to report within 30 days of finding. We can't help you." That is a very expensive service I have put on this vehicle and a 2013 Honda Accord. Have complained to dealership and they are looking in to it, but I guarantee you, I will NEVER purchase your product again - that is poor customer service and you are looking for a reason to not warrant your product!

My mom got hurt at her job in 2010. We got a lawyer so he can help us... Well, like a year ago, Zurich tried to close the case giving my mom 5000 dollars. She has lower back injury. I been trying to talk to her adjuster. Her name is Vicky and the 2 times I talk to her, she was rude and so mean. Since a month ago I been calling them and seems like I will keep trying because nobody is able to help me.

I purchased a bumper to bumper, full coverage vehicle extended warranty from my local Ford dealership. Upon attempting to get coverage for my vehicle, I was denied coverage and my contract has been cancelled due to the fact that my adjuster has classified my pickup truck to be an Ambulance. I am a Volunteer EMT with a local town service, they have stated that based on their criteria "ANY" vehicle that I drive is considered to be an emergency vehicle, because I may have to use the vehicle to go to my job. I am out 2500 bucks due to this gross negligence and broken system at Zurich. The company is a fraud, I have had several repairs on my vehicles done in the past and none have ever voided a contract or been denied coverage.

In March 2013, I was sent to the company Dr. due to severe pain in the right elbow. Quick diagnosis, without films (X-rays, MRI, etc.) by a Nurse Practitioner was "tennis elbow" caused by repetitious activity/job. She gave me NSAIDs and a steroid, "light duty" plus physical therapy. This lasted until May. I started seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon. He ordered X-rays only. His answer the first time was a Cortisone shot. The next visit in June. My elbow still hurt. BAD! He then told me he would like to try a PRP injection. Whatever, I didn't care.

Here I've sat with this injury, I've been in PAIN and I can't get any relief but he still has to get an okay from Zurich. In latter June or early July, I believe I receive this shot. And very painful. I go back in 4 weeks, then 6. He says I should have another injection. In August 2013 I see him and he says I should probably have 2 more injections. They have to get approval from Zurich. In October 2013 I was in so much pain in BOTH arms the only relief I could get was by lying down with my arms stretched out. I called the Ortho and asked about the status of my next injection... Someone had forgotten to do their job either on the Dr's end or Zurich's end. No matter what I was in pain and suffering.

Zurich then sent me to a Dr. out of town. I had been fighting to get a NCV and apparently this Dr. on their side was going to see if I actually needed it. After the exam he did in fact believe I needed one. REALLY!?! However, it wasn't until after he had the NCV done that I realized he wasn't worried about my elbows. He was only looking for one thing and that was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The NCV was only conducted UP TO my elbows not my shoulders. He told me I had CTS in my LEFT hand and I needed surgery. Okay.... my elbow? I said to him, "Don't you think the pain in the elbows would be Cubital Tunnel?" He kind of looked at me in fright and mumbled about the ulnar nerve.

Needless to say I had the surgery and I am in pain from IT AND MY ELBOWS! The CTS should have been the last thing he looked at since my chief complaint has been my elbows for a year. Zurich, just because you are a w/c insurance company doesn't mean you can do this to people. Because of this situation getting worse, and it's because of you not being on top of the situation, I've lost my drive, I'm depressed, and I doubt I'll have the use of my left hand the way I should.

Zurich North America Company Profile