Zurich North America

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

15 yr ago I was damaged back/psyche, by Transport America and its insurer Zurich financial deliberately under workers' compensation, racketeering/fraud/slavery/starvation, and deprivation of housing, medical services and the right to trial in a loop. Here is the W C case No. ** filed in San Bernardino, California. If you cannot access case info, contact Jeannette ** in that W C. Court. Please post my email, so that people who have similar problems can communicate with me. Thank you.

SCAM. I can't believe I fell into this trap of an extended warranty. Absolutely NOTHING has been covered. My car needs a new cooling system and that isn't ** covered and any further damage caused as a result is also not covered. Screw you Zurich. Go out of business already.

I have been working with adjuster Lisa **. She doesn't return calls within her stated time frame. I call her 3x a week and hear nothing. Claim is being denied on the basis of not being previously on notice of danger in no lighting near bathroom of shopping center. Feels like they will run out the legal time for claim and I will not be reimbursed for medical expenses and ongoing pain and limitations. Sounds like life.... and will not expect fairness. I have not been able to get legal representation as this is "small potatoes."

I am being treated like this did not happen to me. They have denied my claim. I was injured with 6 herniations. It was definitely not my fault. The premises were very dangerous, but you could not see it until it was too late. I don't know how it is legal for insurance companies to get away with what they do. Something is wrong with the system. This has ruined my life. Cannot to get operated on. In financial crisis all because went down to last Resorts in frantic City on a Groupon deal, by the way are also a shady organization. Cannot get legal representation, because not one lawyer wants it. Zurich will not settle, they say. That is pretty bad. The company should be shut down because they do nothing. This company is full of dirty lowdown lowlife. Some can't even talk properly. Government, why do you not regulate this dirt ball company. Someone owes me. That is all I know.

As I started dealing with Zurich I read the reviews and was surprised that people were actually going through this. Because my experience was not like this at all. However I spoke to soon. After my surgery things started to go downhill as far as them sending out my checks. It's like they don't care about you surviving to take care of your household. They will hold your checks to the point you are behind in everything. The Workers Comp Commission really needs to put this company in check.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich North America?

I was injured in a work comp car accident while at work years ago. I was a very hard worker and had no interest in suing work comp or getting what other people have talked about as settlements. I'm from Montana where I was raised to work, not sue people. In return for me being very honest and very hardworking and doing my best to get back to work before I should have, Zurich was extra sneaky and dishonest, claiming they sent me letters, rules about their policies, etc, etc - yet never sent any of it, and barely paid any of my medical costs and telling me they were not going to pay at all for some of my injuries or claiming they never received the bills/requests for reimbursement.

They stalled and stalled about paying things - all verbal, never putting anything in writing (so now I have no proof) - claiming they never received things or that I had broken one of their rules (that they had never told me about) until eventually claiming that the entire statue had run out - before it actually HAD run out, as a bluff to get me to go away. They are extremely dishonest company with no morals and no desire to help people in their biggest time of need. They intimidated me, sneered at me, put me down, verbally told me they would never pay for my bills, and kicked me when I was down at a time in my life where all I needed was some support to get back to work and keep working.

If I were an employer looking to hire them as work comp provider, I would RUN THE OTHER WAY. They are TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE company who takes pride in screwing their clients over. They are genius at finding loopholes and care nothing for people that need help and want to return to work. In my opinion, they are very dishonest and sneaky and are focused on how they can find a way to get out of paying for anyone's medical care or other care they are contracted for. They also make an employer who hires them look bad and appear like they also do not have integrity. Be very wary of them. I think 1 star is too much for them.

My wife totaled her car on Sept 9. The claim was filed and accepted. The check from Zurich didn't go out until Sept. 30th. The check never made it to the bank. Zurich didn't send it to the right address. It took them until Oct. 30 to stop payment and reissue a check. The bank still has not received the check and Zurich just keeps giving me the runaround about it could take 2 weeks for the mail to run. Nowhere in the continental US does it take two weeks for the mail to run. This company I feel is just finding ways not to pay the claim.

Work accident - My claim number is **. Zurich denied my claim after one year for pre-existing conditions. I'm gonna write article to Trucker Magazine to be aware about Zurich Ins. Policy. Also to big trucking comp. Safety departments do not to obey their PIP policy And change to another ins. company - Allstate, State Farm etc.

Zurich is my work comp insurance company - they are fast at doing nothing, quick to deny much needed meds, fast to NOT respond and NEVER send you your mileage checks! They tell you and your doctor and your attorney your medication doesn't need to be authorized because it isn't - in other words they LIE, LIE, LIE! They even told my attorney they have given me $12,000.00 in a three month period... lol. I haven't received one penny from them - they wouldn't even pay my disability. I had to get California state disability. This company needs to be shut down. They are ruthless - no compassion and heartless. This is how they work - they hope you just give up and go away! I have a permanent disability and they won't even pay for my medication like the money comes out of the adjuster's pocket...

They are expert in buying the time for the court dates by presenting fallacies and not facts and they are getting successful each and every time. But my health could not buy time. In the absence of prescribed services and therapies and lack of hygienic atmosphere I developed severe diabetes with BS of 500+ and A1C level to 11, urological, bladder issues. One example of it, I get shower once in 6 days. Another example severe burning every time I go to bathroom. Continuous typing will give pain afterward... So in short Insurance Company, on my request, was asked by the honorable judge to handover surveillance records. They have the audacity to deny this. Is it not contempt of court?

My attorney denied to take next step e.g., subpoena but rather than I got subpoena for the matter available as public record. I understand this could be confusing, but not asking in first year but asking in the seventh year does not raise a red flag? By not acting as per specialized doctors records and submitting at right time but acting upon their own medical knowledge / Is not illegal or unethical. I hired him, paying him to represent me as a legal counsel not as a medical expert.

I do not have any problem in providing each and every information related to this case to whole world. My disability discourages me to write as this gives severe pain after activity. I know as he did in past many times, my attorney will scream at me but I am using my right of Freedom of Expression, so I don't want to be bullied directly or indirectly again. One thing more, he bragged that he and defense attorney discuss my case and I was getting good settlement amount as they are golf buddies??? Conflict of interest??? We do have many pic but will avoid putting on net right now. I neither want to defame nor writing this with ill intention for anyone but yes I do want fair justice as I do not want to be vegetable.

(This was typed up by her daughter, as Sunita is unable to type continuously without pain due to her disability.)

Bought a power train coverage. Mechanic found crack on cylinder head. Then burned piston. Zurich denied claim.

Denying my pain medications without a medical license -- Stopping pain medication that I have been taking since 2006 is giving me severe withdrawals that could end in death. I had to pay for a partial amount of my meds. I can't afford to pay for them anymore, the only income I have coming in is my disability check that doesn't even pay my bills that come in. It's either pay my mortgage and food or my medications. I have a attorney, but he has done nothing for me. I am in desperate need of an aggressive attorney. I need help fast please, before I do something that will hurt my family and myself, I should not be going through this. I need help please before it's too late!!!

I was injured at John Chirsterson trucking out of Oklahoma, the company made us buy Zurich accident policy! I ripped my rotor cuff up dropping a trailer on March 15, 2013. They kept giving me doctor offices that wouldn't see me. After many tries, one take me. Dr. Says I need a MRI it was two weeks before they approved that. My surgery wasn't approved till May 20, 2013, had surgery and Drs. say I'll never drive again. All this time they're not paying me my disability then I get a check in a few months here and there! I was lied to cheated, abused, harassed broke, in sever pain. Finally they barraged so bad I had a mental break down and was in the hospital for a week in May 2014. Now they're paying every month but I still have to go to Dr. Every month!

When Zurich insurance calls you after you get hurt, they call and act like your friend, they ask you a bunch of question to find your weakness. Mine was being single, in pain and not a soul in the world to help me and a Evil insurance company! So I became a victim of Zurich Insurance! I feel that Zurich insurance is try's to get you so desperate that you'll have a total breakdown or kill yourself! I don't know how these people can do a job where they care so little about people! I told them I hope they get hurt and have Zurich insurance, that sure pissed them off! Zurich Ins SUCKS!!!

July 28, 2011 I was injured at work. Zurich N.A. is the carrier that my employer has to screw over its employees. The injury is to my left knee and leg and low back. It was caused by a faulty board used to cross an open trench. This resulted in my falling straight down into trench and forward 90 just above my knee cap. According to a fellow worker there was an audible sound of cracking and in his words the sight of my leg bending that far in the opposite direction was sickening for him to to see. I went to the ER and after about an hour I was told I needed surgery and that I could be admitted and have the knee scoped and repaired as soon as they got the approval to proceed. Being from Houston I opted to return home and have a second opinion but also to be home where I could recoup at home. I opted to be a company man and allow Zurich's so called nurse case mgr. recommend a Dr. and arrange the appt.

Well after he saw the knee he diagnosed the same thing and to my surprise the Zurich ghoul in the room with me asked if the Dr. would try PT first. His expression was one of (hey who's the Dr. here). Well I returned 3x's to his office for PT but it was never approved (a tactic that had become a never ending ploy). The adjuster actually called and told me my benefits were being stopped since I was not complying to Dr. orders (another scumbag tactic used by these evil people). It was at this point I went to the workers comp commission to protect myself. I was told I could get my own Dr. which I did immediately. This Dr. too said surgery was needed and sent forth the request for approval. Well it is Zurich's practice to lose, misplace, or just ignore this paperwork. And after 3 months Zurich requested I see a Designated Dr. who by law in TX carries presumptive weight. In other words he is the law.

Well this guy (Nestor **) said I was indeed in need of surgery but that until it was approved I could work??? A decision that later resulted in his being fined and disciplined for having signed off on this document. This action for which I strongly believe was done for under the table cash resulted in my benefits being stopped. This in turn resulted in me losing everything I owned. Because now Zurich held all the cards and again lost, misplaced, and/or just ignored the request for treatment from my Dr. This went on until I contacted my congressman who got their attention. So on 2/12/12 I got the 1st surgery done. Having walked on this leg for over 6 months resulted in more damage to the cartilage and ligaments. Upon awakening from surgery I was informed that I would now need another surgery because Zurich had stalled this long, not to mention I am still not receiving a paycheck and became homeless (thanks Zurich). Finally in August of 2012 Zurich was forced to render back pay up to date.

In the meantime again I am forced walk around on an unrepaired leg causing what, MORE DAMAGE! Resulting ultimately in a 2nd surgery that didn't occur until 2/13/2013. Again the Dr told me that my knee was still not stable and I will now need a whole knee replacement. Thanks Zurich for ruining a man's life. I have now applied for SSID and medicare (at 49 yrs old). This insurance company deserves to collapse. I love golf and Zurich holds a tournament in New Orleans each year. If you have read this entire story I would ask you to please watch said tourney AND PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF WHAT COMPANIES HAVE COMMERCIALS DURING THE TV BROADCAST AND DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. Please send a message to the advertisers that if you want to support evil insurance companies you will not buy their products. It's the only way to hurt such deep pockets.

My partner purchased an extended warranty for his Jeep. The transmission had problems only after 4 months. Bad enough that it had to be towed to the local dealer. The local dealer said they couldn't look at the vehicle until 5 days later. He contacted Zurich. They were rude, inconsiderate on the phone and told him that they couldn't give him a rental vehicle until his vehicle was diagnosed. So, he has been without a vehicle for 5 days so far and won't know the diagnosis for 2 more days (if the dealership can "fit it in"). I asked him what his contract said with Zurich.

He said there wasn't a contract. Just a form that he signed and some glossy marketing material that doesn't say ANYTHING about no rental until a diagnosis. My recommendation to him was to contact our state's attorney general's office and file a complaint against Zurich. My recommendation to a potential client of Zurich is DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. From everything I've read on here, they are the biggest rip off that money can buy. If you have purchased insurance with them and are not satisfied, I would certainly recommend filing a complaint with your attorney general's office. Companies like this need to be stopped from taking advantage of the consumer.

I have a leak in the exhaust manifold and they called the adjuster. He came out and said they need to take pictures of the damages and then they will let me know if they will cover it. If it isn't covered I'm out the cost of the repair which is about $3,000. I have tried calling and get no real answers from their customer service department. It isn't worth the cost of the extended warranty. Don't buy it.

I took my 2005 Lexus ES330 to the dealer for my O2 sensor. I was told my warranty did not cover that. It only covered moving parts. I was told at the dealer my car has a bumper to bumper warranty. If there are any lawsuit against Zurich. I want to add my name.

Zurich is very crooked and in the business of selling vehicle warranties that they refuse to honor legitimate claims on. I bought a 2011 Chevy Impala, and paid over $2,200.00 for a 100,000-mile warranty. Recently, the AC blower stopped blowing. The problem was caused by a connector on a wiring harness with a burnt pin. It also damaged a speed control module (they call it a "resistor", but it really isn't - it is a solid state circuit). The "resistor" is not covered by warranty, but the contract plainly states that wiring harnesses are covered. The person in claims refused to cover it, saying the "resistor" caused the problem. I am an electronic technician myself, and believe me, I KNOW the problem was caused by the connector which was part of the wiring harness. It cost me almost $400.00 for repairs at the dealer. Their warranty is a SCAM!

The worst customer service ever. The worst claim agents, ever. The supervisors to the claim agents, not concerned with their customer service. The manager in charge of the claim agent I was assigned said I was "Harassing" her... which is a strange word to use when attempting to deal with customers.

My husband noticed this winter that our white CRV coloring on part of the bumpers was more yellow than the rest of the car. He contacted Zurich this morning to file a complaint and was asked when he noticed and told her within the last 6 months. Only response was "Sorry, you need to report within 30 days of finding. We can't help you." That is a very expensive service I have put on this vehicle and a 2013 Honda Accord. Have complained to dealership and they are looking in to it, but I guarantee you, I will NEVER purchase your product again - that is poor customer service and you are looking for a reason to not warrant your product!

My mom got hurt at her job in 2010. We got a lawyer so he can help us... Well, like a year ago, Zurich tried to close the case giving my mom 5000 dollars. She has lower back injury. I been trying to talk to her adjuster. Her name is Vicky and the 2 times I talk to her, she was rude and so mean. Since a month ago I been calling them and seems like I will keep trying because nobody is able to help me.

I purchased a bumper to bumper, full coverage vehicle extended warranty from my local Ford dealership. Upon attempting to get coverage for my vehicle, I was denied coverage and my contract has been cancelled due to the fact that my adjuster has classified my pickup truck to be an Ambulance. I am a Volunteer EMT with a local town service, they have stated that based on their criteria "ANY" vehicle that I drive is considered to be an emergency vehicle, because I may have to use the vehicle to go to my job. I am out 2500 bucks due to this gross negligence and broken system at Zurich. The company is a fraud, I have had several repairs on my vehicles done in the past and none have ever voided a contract or been denied coverage.

In March 2013, I was sent to the company Dr. due to severe pain in the right elbow. Quick diagnosis, without films (X-rays, MRI, etc.) by a Nurse Practitioner was "tennis elbow" caused by repetitious activity/job. She gave me NSAIDs and a steroid, "light duty" plus physical therapy. This lasted until May. I started seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon. He ordered X-rays only. His answer the first time was a Cortisone shot. The next visit in June. My elbow still hurt. BAD! He then told me he would like to try a PRP injection. Whatever, I didn't care.

Here I've sat with this injury, I've been in PAIN and I can't get any relief but he still has to get an okay from Zurich. In latter June or early July, I believe I receive this shot. And very painful. I go back in 4 weeks, then 6. He says I should have another injection. In August 2013 I see him and he says I should probably have 2 more injections. They have to get approval from Zurich. In October 2013 I was in so much pain in BOTH arms the only relief I could get was by lying down with my arms stretched out. I called the Ortho and asked about the status of my next injection... Someone had forgotten to do their job either on the Dr's end or Zurich's end. No matter what I was in pain and suffering.

Zurich then sent me to a Dr. out of town. I had been fighting to get a NCV and apparently this Dr. on their side was going to see if I actually needed it. After the exam he did in fact believe I needed one. REALLY!?! However, it wasn't until after he had the NCV done that I realized he wasn't worried about my elbows. He was only looking for one thing and that was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The NCV was only conducted UP TO my elbows not my shoulders. He told me I had CTS in my LEFT hand and I needed surgery. Okay.... my elbow? I said to him, "Don't you think the pain in the elbows would be Cubital Tunnel?" He kind of looked at me in fright and mumbled about the ulnar nerve.

Needless to say I had the surgery and I am in pain from IT AND MY ELBOWS! The CTS should have been the last thing he looked at since my chief complaint has been my elbows for a year. Zurich, just because you are a w/c insurance company doesn't mean you can do this to people. Because of this situation getting worse, and it's because of you not being on top of the situation, I've lost my drive, I'm depressed, and I doubt I'll have the use of my left hand the way I should.

Since my injury August 1, 2012 (neck injury), I have been subjected to unreasonable and very unprofessional business practices. I was not paid until November 2012 and have been just about every month since been made to wait for payment for one ridiculous reason or another. My physician didn't put down icd9 code, He dated the bottom of disability statement but not the top, Your doctor didn't leave his phone number, etc., etc. They sent me to a CS claims doctor 12/13 for his evaluation which was held in a storage room of a doctor's office which consisted of about seven questions and a request to lift my arms above my head... That was it! They are now trying to deny my claim based on his evaluation. I am scheduled to have surgery 2/19/14 for the same injury. Although they have all of my medical records and multiple NYU surgeons stating I am injured they still need a statement from my doctors to agree or disagree with their doctor, which means I have to starve until. Because of Zurich I have been evicted, lost my cellphone account and more importantly have been unable to help support my children.

Truckers Occ. Acc. Insurance NO SSI NO long Term Coverage. Been disabled since May 2012, took 8 months to prove to Zurich my multiple torn tendons and hip injury was not an infectious disease. Took 8 months to get Zurich to approve an MRI to diagnose and get treatment. I have 4 months left and I am pretty sure the doctor said I will be disabled. Very bad injury. Now Zurich says if I am not eligible for Social Security disability their insurance does not cover me. Zurich also forbids the claimant to work for two years denying any possibility of even being qualified for SS disability if your score is low. But Zurich also states if you have OTHER types of insurance their policy will not cover. I bought this to protect me and I was paying for a policy that they knew would not cover me when issued. IS THIS FRAUD. I also have never received a legal binding explanation of the contract. The one they do provide is not legal and it states it in the contract?

I will mention this other surgery my attorney knew was denied by ZURICH and when I told him that I was contacted by the surgeon's office a week ago saying it was authorized by the IC and the adjuster sent the purchase order <--- that's what it feels like being tossed around between doctors and second opinions so I scheduled it for next week.. Let me add they take x-rays every 6 weeks and sometimes another MRI one week later. In my opinion after researching the "WC Bad Faith Element" Zurich has disregarded for the law. My attorney should be one of the first to know any mention of my case and what's going on and not going on.

I do know that they didn't like when he was putting the heat on them a while back. They didn't do anything except drag every request right till a few days day before the hearing that they were sure would force them to authorize the tests or services, but they did what they set out to do, dragging it on another 4 to 6 months. Every time one delay ended another began. I have had 3 surgeries in 5 months. After Zurich used their best tactics to delay one doctor request after another finally 5 years later they authorize surgery but one month after they send ME a notice stating "we are liable for your injury claim but the statute of limitations has passed so we regret to inform you we can not pay you disability benefits."

I was injured at work.on 10.01.2013 in Ohio. My claim adjuster, Jenifer ** in NJ did not answer the phone. She refuse to pay for emergency room, hospital bill, doctor bill, orthopedic MRI and maybe surgery. She work against her company. Because cost of medical treatment is bigger.

I have Zurich occupational accident insurance. I am a small woman and I pull flatbed. I was injured while hooking up a transformer to the crane and reported what happened as soon as I could get to my phone. I had to have surgery a week after accident and I am having a problem with my claims adjuster. I'm not asking for a fortune here just what it cost for the operation to repair what was torn in my body. Zurich is dragging their feet, I'm not sure why... If you have Zurich insurance please get something else. I trusted that I would be ok if I got hurt and that is and was not the case. I had to go back to work four days after operation because I was not being offered anything. ** if anyone wants to help me.

First doctor misdiagnosed and gave Advil or whatever. This caused my 6 or so torn tendons NOT to heal. But it took Zurich 8 months to allow MRI while trying to cancel my policy the whole time by lying, improper deadlines, inaccurate documents, and stopped paying disability over two months thinking I would go away. Finally got them to change claim agent and they said I am more damaged because I was refused treatment and finally started paying bills after a year. I had no bad credit until Zurich. Now I will be not going back to work as recommended by my doctor. ANYONE ever collect DISABILITY from Zurich? Can you force lump sum? I can go back to work in less strenuous capacity?

I need help to show the lawyer/landlord (Zurich) representative (NGFK) have no cause... The landlord's representatives' unreasonable attempts to impede the work being performed under a valid permit illustrate the landlord's continued obstruction of my client's efforts to complete the build-out. The landlord's claim that the building systems had to be shut off was explicitly refuted by the fire department and is a clear example of intent to interference in order to avoid payment of the allowance.

I am very confident that if this matter ends up in litigation, the court will not only order the landlord to disburse the allowance in accordance with my June 26 letter, but will also award my client its attorney fees. At the end of the day, this is a case of a tenant going out of pocket to make improvements to the landlord's property as contemplated by the lease, based on plans that were approved. There is no monetary default of the lease, there is no material non-monetary default of the lease, and your client has no damages. I do not see a Fairfax County Judge sticking my client with the bill because the landlord did not approve of the way the tenant went about constructing the improvements. Accordingly, your client may want to reconsider its improper withholding of the allowance.

If your client wants to engage in a constructive resolution of this matter, I am prepared to work with you to get you what you need to authorize the disbursement. You will have to be more specific than final working drawings because, as I understand it, the scope of the work has not veered from the initial approved drawings except for minor cosmetic changes. If, on the other hand, you are telling me that my client will not receive the allowance regardless of what we do going forward, then my client will have no choice but to file.

Unlawful detainer summons by landlord representative - after being served with a notice to quit (vacate, leave) for non-payment of rent or other breach of lease, or being a "squatter" on the property. Such possession entitles the owner to file a lawsuit for "unlawful detainer," asking for possession by court order, unpaid rent and damages. It's a legal action to evict a tenant or other occupier of real property in possession, without a legal right, to declare a breach of lease, and/or a judgment for unpaid rent and other damages.

Zurich North America Company Profile