4.5/5 (87 ratings)

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
    • Comprehensive coverage available
    • Transferable plans
    • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
    • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its comprehensive coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Verified

It was a quick hassle free experience, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would buy Zurich coverage for all my vehicles in the future if I can. Even fully covered my rent...

Verified

I have had to use the service contract 3 times now. Each time has made me immensely happy that I purchased it. So far the comprehensive service contract has lived up to what I was...

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract cost

Vehicle service contract prices are not available on Zurich’s website. Expect prices to vary based on your local dealership and the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at an authorized dealership. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget.

Zurich offers your choice of deductible, including zero-deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles generally vary, but a typical deductible is about $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich currently offers three extended warranty plans for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so just speak to a representative at a certified dealership for more information on which items are covered.

Powertrain
    The Powertrain plan is Zurich’s most basic warranty coverage. It covers your vehicle’s:
    • Engine
    • Transfer case
    • Transmission
    • Drive axle(s)
    Standard
    The Standard plan covers everything the Powertrain plan covers, plus your vehicle’s:
    • Suspension
    • Steering
    • Brakes
    • Heating and AC system
    • Electrical components
    Comprehensive
    The Comprehensive plan is an exclusionary policy, which means it covers everything on your vehicle except certain components. The most notable coverage additions for the Comprehensive plan are your vehicle’s:
    • Cooling system
    • Interior
    • Exterior

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Zurich covers repairs made at any ASE-certified facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract. Once the diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team and obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich pays the repair facility directly.

Most plans also include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan you choose, the rental reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a six- or 10-day maximum.

Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary, but most are $100 a day for three days. You only qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if you have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home, requiring you to remain there overnight.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract FAQ

What does a Zurich Comprehensive warranty cover?

Zurich’s Comprehensive warranty is an exclusionary policy, which means it’s defined by what it doesn’t cover. However, you can expect the Comprehensive warranty to cover your vehicle’s:

• Engine
    • Electrical components
    • Cooling system
    • Interior
    • Exterior
    Where are Zurich service contracts available?

Zurich's vehicle service contracts are only available at select dealerships throughout the United States and Canada.

Can I cancel my Zurich extended warranty?

Zurich’s website is not clear about its cancellation policy. However, industry standards indicate it may be possible. You may be charged a cancellation fee, and refunds can take one to two months. Since Zurich works with dealers to offer its plans, it may be a good idea to reach out to the finance department at your local dealership.

How many plans does Zurich offer?

Zurich offers three extended warranty plans. Powertrain covers your car’s engine, drive axle and transmission. Standard covers everything in Powertrain, plus components like your suspension, steering and brakes. Comprehensive offers exclusionary coverage that includes almost all vehicle components. See the expandable module above for a more complete breakdown.

Is a Zurich extended warranty worth it?

A vehicle service contract from Zurich is worth it if you're buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership should be able to speak with you and help you choose the right plan. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making the company a good choice if you’re wanting to keep your other vehicles protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract video review

zurich vehicle service contract video review
    Robert: Hello, my name is Robert. I live in Michigan. And I got my Zurich contract through my dealer when I bought my vehicle back in April of last year. I chose the Zurich because the dealer recommended it. He said that there's a lot of other available contracts that you could get, but their experience was that Zurich was the best coverage you could get for the price that you pay and for their service and basically how they just take care of it. They don't ask a lot of questions and they realize that if your vehicle breaks down, you need it fixed. No, actually it was a very easy way to do things. The dealer walked me through all the information, showed me what I was spending my money to get, and said that I once I sign on to it and if I did need to use Zurich, that it was very simple to get ahold of them and to get approval for what you need repairs. There wasn't a lot of paperwork, a lot of phone calls or steps to take, so that's one of the reasons that convinced me that Zurich was probably better than most of them to use. It's funny because when I took my car into have it fixed, what happened was the transfer case went out on it. And my mechanic called me and he said, I have bad news. He said, the transfer case, even a used transfer case, was gonna run $2,400 to $2,500, and I said, yikes. I'm on a fixed income. I'm retired. And I'm thinking, well, there goes a chunk outta my savings. And I mentioned to him, I said, well, I have Zurich coverage. Will they cover it? And he's like, well, there's one way to find out. Let's give them a call. And I said, well, I can call them, and he said, oh no, he says, I'll take care of it. So I gave him the VIN off the vehicle and he dealt directly with them. He called me back about a half hour later and said, good news, he said, Zurich has no problem with covering the transfer case. The only difference is, he says, I can't get a used one for you, Zurich is insisting that I buy a new one, and a new one ran $4,800 and I ended up only paying $100 deductible on that. So as far as it being an easy, painless way of doing it, my repairman took care of the whole thing. So all I did was wait for the phone call and heave a sigh of relief that I was not gonna be out $4,800. It's funny, I've never been a fan of extended warranties on appliances, and being old school, I did a lot of the repair work on my cars myself simply because it was a little cheaper and easier than going to a dealer or to a mechanic. But the dealer told me, he said, you're gonna want an extended contract, and I'm like, well, I don't know. He said, trust me, he said, these cars are so far ahead in technology that the average person can't work on them. And he said, if you have a component, you know, God forbid go out of the vehicle, he said, they're very pricey. Most things to repair aren't $200 or $300 repairs anymore, they're $1,200, $1,300, $1,400. And he said, to spend a little bit of money for the peace of mind that if there is a breakdown, Zurich will cover it, he said to me, that's a no-brainer. And I'm very glad I did that. And it was even funny because I had to get a rental car because I'm a one vehicle family and I thought, well, I wonder if Zurich covers rental cars? So I contacted them by email and I got an email response back saying, send us a copy of your rental agreement when you turn the car in and it's paid for and we'll reimburse you. And sure enough, about 10 days after I submitted that, here comes a check in the mail from Zurich to cover the rental car costs. So all in all, just a really good experience with them.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

The first time I used Zurich, there was something wrong in the motor that shifted the gears. The second time, there was something wrong with the valve that would force the gas into the engine. I've never had any issues while using it. I just had to make sure that I went to an AAA Ford dealership. I just gave them the phone number. They know what Zurich is and they're good. They always told me that it could take a couple of weeks for me to get my car back because of the payment processing, but I've never had it gone for more than two days. Zurich is quick on getting the payments to the dealership so the car can be released. I made a call to Zurich and they had the funds for them in 45 minutes while I was waiting at the dealership. The nicest part was that I was able to tag it to the loan. I added a few months to my payment, but that way, I didn't have to worry too much about having a cushion for those major repairs. I could just have enough for the deductible and from there, I know I am gonna be okay if anything went wrong.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I live in Chicopee. And I got the flat in Holyoke. So, I’ve had to put a donut on and take that tire off, put the donut on. I drove to Rucki’s which is a tire company that I always deal with to buy tires. And I brought it there. So, they ordered me the tire, put it on later in the afternoon. I didn't realize that when I called Lia Toyota in Boston Road in Wilbraham, they told me that I had Zurich and that I could go to anybody and they would just put a claim in, or I could go to any Toyota dealer. I would have went to West Springfield, which was closer to the Toyota dealer. I've already had to buy three new tires. So, Zurich has paid for itself. At 300 a tire, that was $900. I paid $998 for the contract. And it's good until 2025.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

The reps from Zurich have been great so far. My tire keeps going flat and my car was pulling. So, I did an alignment but the car was still pulling. I was told my rim was cracked and I told the guys fixing it to replace it. They said they can’t and they would try to weld it. I told them to do what they gotta do. They welded it and then, a few days later, my tire pressure light went off again. I have all brand-new tires and they're saying that there's something up with the crack. They keep just fixing the cracks and I'm not happy about that because they won't replace my rim. It's still just a fixed crack. It's a little better but I don't like knowing that I'm driving a $120,000 car with a welded rim. I bought a protection and I want a replacement rim. But if fixing is the same as replacing, then I'm okay with it. For my situation for the BMW that I drive, Zurich is 100% worth it. I don't know any of my friends or constituents that buy these cars without a protection plan.

Original review: July 31, 2022

I had a screw in the tire. I took it to Volkswagen and it took them three hours to repair it. When I got there, I had an appointment for 8:00. They asked me if I was going to wait for it and I said, "Well, how long is it going to take?" They said, "Well, we should have it back there in 20 minutes." About 8:50, I'd asked them and they said that they hadn't even taken it to the back yet. Then, they called me at about 10:00. One of them had to give me a ride to work. About 10:30, they called me and said it was ready. I didn't have to pay anything to Zurich. Road hazard is definitely a safe investment. People are picking up screws all the time. Thankfully, it wasn't a tire that had to be replaced.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Once I got to the right number, it went smoothly. I was able to hand the vehicle off to the dealership, and they spoke directly to Zurich's agents, and they took care of everything. I got a brand-new tire. It was a road hazard. And I was glad that the dealers determined that it needed to be replaced. Zurich covered everything and it couldn’t have been smoother.

The only bit of friction was I don’t have an app where I could easily have a way to get to the information, know which one to call. That would have been super helpful. My wife had to scan the policy, send it to me. I called the dealership where we bought the car. They had one number which was different from the number that I ultimately called. So, that was a bit of the friction. But it all worked out. Because what needed to happen was the dealer needed to call Zurich to get the claim processed. Once that happened, literally within under five minutes, it was all done. And I just walked out of the dealership. I didn’t have to do anything. I paid nothing. That was great.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Whenever I had to use the service, it was great. It also covered exactly what they said it would.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I had a recent claim for my key fob. The doors weren't unlocking. It was simple and it was prompt to get it fixed.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I had an air conditioner repair for the blower motor. It took a little while to get it done, so the dealership gave me a rental. The claim experience was fine. It was covered under warranty, so there wasn't anything that I had to do on my part.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I had a very large hole in the tire. It went completely flat. I tried using the seal, but it wouldn't seal because the hole was too big. I filed a claim and the app worked well. I didn't have to do very much. They kept in contact with me so I was very happy. Zurich has paid for itself.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I had an issue with the wiring harness that speaks to the front differential that controls the four-wheel drive. There were some bad connections that the dealer mechanics tried to repair a couple times, unsuccessfully. Ultimately, they replaced the wiring harness completely. All of which was covered by Zurich very easily with no problems or pushback from them. It was easy for the dealer to deal with them but it was annoying that it took three times to finally replace the wiring harness.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information

1299 Zurich Way
      Schaumburg
      IL
      60196-5870
      www.zurichna.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: