Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.30/5

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich offers a lot of choices to consumers, so it’s easier to find a plan that fits your needs. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help answer your questions.

PROS

• Covers motorcycles, powersports
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans
  • Roadside assistance available

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for a vehicle service contract are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich products. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Zurich offers deductible choices as well including zero deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Although Zurich offers many other plans, some of their most popular are: Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so for more information on which services are covered, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
  • Interior/exterior
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified repair facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract.  Once diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team to obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich will pay the authorized amount directly to the repair facility.

Most plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage.  Depending on the plan you choose, the rental coverage reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a 6- or 10-day maximum. Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary.  Most are $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home requiring them to remain overnight during repairs.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich vehicle service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: July 8, 2020

We got the new vehicle and my husband was gonna be driving it far so we decided to get the extra insurance. In case anything happens, we wouldn't have to worry about finding somebody and we didn't really know much about that. Zurich was the one that the dealership offered. When we took the car in, it got fixed and it was a good experience. I didn't have any problems. They had it for a week but that was only because they had to make sure they were able to see the problem.

Every after about half an hour of driving it, the blinker would start going on by itself and then, it would stay on. We went to New Hampshire and it was fine the whole way there. Then, the whole way back, the blinker was on nonstop and there was no way to get it to stop. For a couple of weeks, it wouldn't do it at all and then, it would pop on randomly and would do it. So, when we had taken it in to get it done, it wasn't doing the problem. So they had to drive it around to try to get it to. It wasn’t very long for them to have to fix it but it was just trying to get the problem to happen. The experience with Zurich was awesome and I didn't have to worry. There wasn't a lot of stress that came with it if the issue was gonna be covered or not. I was happy that I got to just drop it off and let them deal with it and then pick it back up and it was fine.

Heather,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I got a service contract in the past for other vehicles and they turned out to be good to have. So, I decided to do it again and I got one from Zurich. Also, my car is a used vehicle and you'll never know what you're getting with. Zurich has a lot of good coverage but the price was a little more than what I paid with my last one. Unfortunately, I had to change vehicles because I had an accident. My previous contract was through Allstate and they only charged me over $2,000 for pretty much everything. But this one with Zurich was $2,000 more, so that was kind of a bummer.

But so far, my experience in getting my vehicle serviced has been great and Evergreen has been amazing. A lot of dealers I've had in the past will try to argue and fight with you about trying to get coverage warranty because some dealers get paid less than what they would have if you had to pay it out of pocket from a warranty. But Evergreen has not given me any of that type of service and they've taken my vehicle in with no questions. They've given me excellent service on it and they've gone above and beyond. The dealership takes care of speaking with the reps at Zurich, too. The dealership calls them and tells them what's going on to verify if it's covered or not. Then if it wasn't, they would let me know what I had to pay out of pocket. But the couple of times we've had to have the car serviced, there were no issues.

It was nice to know that one of the works we needed was covered but there was another issue which I came to find out wasn't covered because Zurich considered it an adjustment. It's the spring noise that's in with the manual transmission. You have to pull the transmission out to get in there to adjust and it's like a slave cylinder. But I don't know how it would be an adjustment when it's making a horrible rusty spring noise. I've had that happen in every one of my Wranglers, too. So, it might be just a manual thing with the Jeep Wranglers. But some of the other Jeep guys that work there said that they have it as well. Also, it is quite annoying hearing the springing noise every time you have to push on the clutch and shift. This is louder than any of the other Wranglers I've had which is more concerning because I worry that maybe that's why it shifts rough and it's hard to put into gear.

Aside from that, Zurich didn't really give the dealer a full explanation from my understanding on why they consider it an adjustment instead of considering it part of the drive train because you need to shift to be able to drive. I'd understand it if it was determined that it was like a clutch issue which would be my fault if I wore the clutch out. But my vehicle only has 45,000 miles on it and it's quite noisy.

Peter,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 23, 2020

The person in the finance office did not explain the Zurich coverage to me very well. When I took my vehicle in to get serviced, it was a smooth process. I just went and got my oil changed and there was no charge. But when I got the appointment booked, they first said, “You get two free oil changes.” So, when I went in, I was thinking it was something the dealership was covering it. I had no idea it was Zurich that was covering it. So, they didn’t explain that either. It just wasn’t done very well.

I’ve canceled the contract already. I felt pressured with the finance guy, and that was something that I really didn’t want to do. And not only did I get what I really didn’t want because he tried to talk me into it, they also extended my payments a year. Then I came in with a pre-approval letter with Capital One, and they ended up financing me with Ollo for 1.5% higher interest rate. So, it was a mess. Zurich was fine though. I canceled the contract right after I got the car. The dealership never turned in the paperwork. So, then I called Zurich myself, and then two months later, I canceled it, and they got on it right away. I trusted Zurich more than I did the dealership.

Patricia,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

A cousin who used Zurich before recommended it to me and I bought a service contract from her. When I had a flat tire, I called the company to see what their process was. The rep told me to find a tire dealer who would work with them. I gave the tire people the number that was provided to me and the tire dealer handled it all. That time, I didn't know I needed a second tire. Once the dealer's people racked up my car, they saw sheet metal and the other one. They were able to fix them as well while they had it. The one tire I needed was pretty much free of charge outside of paying my monthly premium. This was three dollars extra a month to cover what would have cost me $400 out of pocket. It's a no brainer and there isn't any reason not to get this kind of service contract. The coverage is awesome.

Susan,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your experience with Zurich's Vehicle Service Contract. Your service experience is very important to us and we appreciate hearing from you.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I’m not too happy with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract. I was told that I had the tires for the life of the vehicle, and when I had a road damage to the first tire, they said that they never put that through so they weren’t gonna honor it, even though I had the paperwork that said it. All the paperwork that they gave me was only my signature, but they didn't give me a paperwork with theirs. But all the other paperwork that I had, they honored, but not that one. The whole reason why I went with them was that service contract, and now that’s not even all operational. It’s just the rest of the service. So, I’m a bit disappointed.

I went back in and talked to the manager, but the sales manager that was there when I purchased the vehicle had left. And the other manager said he’d get back with me. They ended up not charging me because I never heard back, but they said that it wouldn’t be good going forward. I took my vehicle for a change oil and tire repair. The oil change was good. It was covered. But I was very disappointed that they tried to charge me for the tire. Zurich is fine. It’s with the person that wrote up the contract that I have a problem with. I asked if the contract could be rewritten and they said that they could.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I was concerned about protection for dings as I can't help it if somebody bangs into my car. When I was buying my first car, I asked the dealer about protection and they suggested Zurich. The reps from there told me exactly what I needed to know and answered my questions about the coverage. Their coverage did really well for me and it was a no-brainer buying their coverage again when I bought my Santa Fe. Zurich met my expectations. I get a lot of phone calls asking me about my car insurance. I tell them I have Zurich and I'm not changing from them.

Lori,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Purchasing the warranty and Zurich's rep were both really good. I bought the truck new from Nissan and they just added the payments to my bill. Everything is good.

James,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Everything's been really good with Zurich so far. Any issues that I've had, they've been quick to do it.

Christina,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I had my oil change at Lakeland and it was good as always. It's just they forgot to put my darn sticker on my thing. As I pulled out, I looked there over my car and I saw they weren’t putting the sticker for the oil. The manager got mad about it and he said he was gonna handle that. He said that they knew what they were supposed to do and he was not supposed to do that. So I felt comfortable once the manager said what he said. They were always treating me good. Zurich’s been good so far. Everything works out. With the coverage I pay for, they come with so many free oil changes.

Terry,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Starling Chevrolet had my car for 10 hours. I dropped it off a little after 8:00 and didn't pick it up until about 6:00. They were supposed to check some other things. But the only thing that got done was the oil change. My brakes are squeaking and they were supposed to check my AC and there's a leak in the back of my trunk. But they said everything all together was gonna take a while. Then they said my brakes were fine, but they're still squeaking. My AC randomly goes in and out. All of a sudden, it stops working when the red needle goes down to see whether or not your engine is overheating. Then it will randomly go back up. But they said the day I took it in, it was working the whole time. So they couldn't diagnose what was wrong.

I took my car in the other day to change the bulb and it was gonna be $35, and then the lady brought it down to 25. But I had to pay out of pocket for my lightbulb. So for the package that I pay an additional $60 each month for the maintenance, I don't know what all it covers. I tried to ask the lady what all it covers, but she said I would have to talk to finance. At this point, I literally don't wanna pay for a maintenance package. I wanna take that off and take my car to an actual mechanic.

Meggie,