4.4/5 (185 ratings)

About Zurich Vehicle Service Contract

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

Pros

• Also covers motorcycles
  • Exclusionary coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Bottom Line

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its bumper-to-bumper coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

It was a quick hassle free experience, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would buy Zurich coverage for all my vehicles in the future if I can. Even fully covered my rent...

Verified

I have had to use the service contract 3 times now. Each time has made me immensely happy that I purchased it. So far the comprehensive service contract has lived up to what I was...

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract cost

Vehicle service contract prices are not available on Zurich’s website. Expect prices to vary based on your local dealership and the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at an authorized dealership. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget.

Zurich offers your choice of deductible, including zero-deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles generally vary, but a typical deductible is about $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich currently offers three extended warranty plans for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so just speak to a representative at a certified dealership for more information on which items are covered.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan is Zurich’s most basic warranty coverage. It covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Transfer case
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
Standard
The Standard plan covers everything the Powertrain plan covers, plus your vehicle’s:
  • Suspension
  • Steering
  • Brakes
  • Heating and AC system
  • Electrical components
Comprehensive
The Comprehensive plan is an exclusionary policy, which means it covers everything on your vehicle except certain components. The most notable coverage additions for the Comprehensive plan are your vehicle’s:
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Zurich covers repairs made at any ASE-certified facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract. Once the diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team and obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich pays the repair facility directly.

Most plans also include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan you choose, the rental reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a six- or 10-day maximum.

Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary, but most are $100 a day for three days. You only qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if you have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home, requiring you to remain there overnight.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract FAQ

What does a Zurich Comprehensive warranty cover?
Zurich’s Comprehensive warranty is an exclusionary policy, which means it’s defined by what it doesn’t cover. However, you can expect the Comprehensive warranty to cover your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Electrical components
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior
Where are Zurich service contracts available?
Zurich's vehicle service contracts are only available at select dealerships throughout the United States and Canada.
Can I cancel my Zurich extended warranty?
Zurich’s website is not clear about its cancellation policy. However, industry standards indicate it may be possible. You may be charged a cancellation fee, and refunds can take one to two months. Since Zurich works with dealers to offer its plans, it may be a good idea to reach out to the finance department at your local dealership.
How many plans does Zurich offer?
Zurich offers three extended warranty plans. Powertrain covers your car’s engine, drive axle and transmission. Standard covers everything in Powertrain, plus components like your suspension, steering and brakes. Comprehensive offers exclusionary coverage that includes almost all vehicle components. See the expandable module above for a more complete breakdown.

Is a Zurich extended warranty worth it?

A vehicle service contract from Zurich is worth it if you're buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership should be able to speak with you and help you choose the right plan. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making the company a good choice if you’re wanting to keep your other vehicles protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: May 1, 2021

We were going through the contracts and talking about everything. At first, it was all confusing. It was all brand new to me. But I understood that there was a service with the vehicle, not a lifetime deal. It’s for free oil changes and they gave me a detailing on the car too. I just didn't realize that I was purchasing the Zurich Service Contract separately. I just thought I was getting it with the vehicle in total. But I'm glad that was part of it because it's reasonable.

I've done one free oil change so far. They said I have eight in total that are free. So now, I have seven more times I can do it for free. During my oil change, they gave me an inspection around the vehicle and told me some things that I needed to look for to possibly fixing down the road or is going to be in time around the next oil change. So far, I took it up there and got an alignment after the oil change. I had paid for that one and the prices were not bad. It was like 82 bucks. Then besides that, I have on my papers where they're saying that I got to do an air intake or air filter change.

Emmanuel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We've only had to take our car in one time for regular service and it was fine. However, my windshield wiper has a bad squeak to it and I had questions and concerns. Since we just bought it, I thought it shouldn't. Instead of saying, “We'll schedule another time. We're too busy right now,” the service technician said, “Well, it's not covered, after so many days, for the windshield wipers. So what we're going to do is we can sell you a pair and you put them on yourself.” For a new vehicle? It didn’t sound right. Suggesting we make another appointment and come back and let them take care of it would have been better than that. I dropped it though. It wasn't worth pursuing for me. Our car has full coverage with Zurich and if a friend asked me, “Is it worth getting a warranty?” I would still say, “Absolutely.”

Donna,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Zurich covered a little more, but for a powertrain warranty on a vehicle with over 100,000 miles, it's good. The rep said, “Hey, $2,300 you’ll get two years, so many miles, and it will cover your powertrain. Right if you leave here, if something blows up, it’s paid for." I was like, “That's easy.” Because I know what it costs to fix these vehicles.

The only thing I don’t like is that I had to search for what is actually covered. They gave me a little pamphlet, but at the same time, I tried going online, but it wasn't descriptive. I know it doesn't cover wear and tear items the way the rep explained it to me. But I wanted a whole warranty, and the rep when I called and asked about it said it would cost way too much and it was not worth it. But I know that if something happens and I go to the dealership here, they will take care of it. And if I go to a different dealership, it’s $100 if it's not them, as my deductible for so many miles. Just knowing that I don't have to fix the car for another year is nice.

Kevin,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I had Zurich previously which made me decide to go with them. The experience was great. It was completely easy, as it was advertised. Submitting a claim was quick. I did a wheel and tire last time, and I rode up to the shop. They called and verified it. It was easier for them to get it done than it was for Honda because I went to a different dealership, and they were a little confused. But once they got on the phone, they were able to move through very quickly. There was a little bit more learning that was needed to happen with the reps because they didn't know if the cosmetics were covered for the tire but we ended up getting it figured out and they were very professional. The extended coverage is very valuable. Even just the key program that they offer alone to replace my keys is more cost-efficient than the entire package.

Akinjide,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I used Zurich when there was a major issue in my car that had to do with the actuator motor in the air conditioner. That was a warrantied part and the dealership contacted Zurich about it. At first, they told me the part wasn't covered under the warranty. But when I investigated further, they told me that they didn't know I had a Zurich warranty. They thought I had a Chrysler warranty even though I brought the dealership all the paperwork. That was not great. When I went through the paperwork, it seemed very clear to me that everything in my car is pretty much covered except for the upholstery. In the future, I will know that right off the bat and I won’t have to go back and forth with the dealer. Zurich has been fine so far.

Liza,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: July 1, 2021

In sales, they were very knowledgeable with my service. I had a fantastic dealership and my experience was just right the way they said it would be. They also got all of the amenities that a person needs to be able to sit in their waiting area for a while, and I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Took my Subaru Forester in for its 5,000 mile check. One tire was losing air also. They fixed the tire for us, did the maintenance check AND washed our vehicle!! All of this in about an hour. Super nice and they called us to tell us what was wrong with the tire and how they are able to fix it with no charge to us.

Original review: June 28, 2021

When I went in they took care of oil change but was unable to assist with a small crack from the pebble that had hit the windshield. I was referred to the windshield repair company that the dealership uses and I paid out of pocket.

Hi Dennis,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: June 24, 2021

Our 2014 VW Jetta Hybrid has had two flat tires in the past few months. In both cases, it required the purchase of a new tire. Also, in the second incident we utilized the coverage to have assistance in changing the flat with the spare. Thank you.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The car had come with this problem. I took it to Mini, as the warranty had expired that month. They said it needed a motor mount, but they weren't going t replace it. I wasn't informed about the warranty and Hilton Head Honda said they weren't to fix it. So I finally saw that the warranty was in effect and you were going to fix it, less $100. I couldn't get it fixed at HH Honda, so I hope my $100 payment won't be every time I have an issue.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information