4.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich’s five extended auto warranties offer a lot of choices to consumers. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help customers hammer out the details and cost of their desired plan.

PROS

• Coverage for motorcycles
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

01/14/2019

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

02/17/2019

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for an extended auto warranty are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich extended auto warranties. They will be able to talk to you about what you need covered, what benefits you would like and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich offers five plans: Rental Plus, Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. For more information on which services a Zurich vehicle service contract will cover, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers
  • Exclusions

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified dealership or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich extended auto warranty. Make sure to have the repair facility verify their coverage. Next, call Zurich for a repair authorization number. Once the repair has been done, just submit a repair order to Zurich. You’ll pay the deductible, and Zurich will pay the rest directly to the repair facility.

All plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Rental Plus offers rental coverage for two days. Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive have six days of rental coverage. The rental coverage reimbursement is $30 a day. Trip interruption reimbursement is $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home.

Plans are transferrable, meaning the plan can move to a new person if the vehicle is sold. This is a great way to add additional value to a vehicle when you’re trying to sell it.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich Vehicle Service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

105 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 10, 2019

My vehicle service experience was awful because they, at first, told me I didn’t have any warranty. And then I had to wait for somebody to get there. And then I had waited for a while, then I left, and I just drove around the block, took a quick trip around the corner. The next thing I know, I had a complete flat tire. It was a bad experience. Thank God I was right next to the Kia place, so my husband took it around and told them that they needed to fix the tire because they actually put my tires inside out. The outside of the tire says, “Inside.” And they said it only really matters during weather. But my tires were on wrong, my AC wasn’t working, and my check engine light came on a couple of days ago. It randomly went off.

I just got the car but my AC wasn’t working. I didn’t have to use it for the while that I had it this couple of weeks. So, I had to take it in, and I had to pay $200. I was given a printout, and it said it was gonna be like 680 and that I was only gonna have to pay 200 for the deductible. But when I got the receipt, it was only gonna be like 5-something, and I’m paying 2-something of that, and Zurich was paying the rest. I was just confused why I had to pay anything seeing how I only had the car for a short time.

Hello, Kori,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a new Corolla in December and the dealership went over the different auto warranty packages. Having the extra coverage and protection for the wheels, tires, windows, all the paint, and all that was a good deal for only a few dollars a month. One time, I spoke to Zurich because I was getting a lot of pushback from Toyota. I was really irritated because I called and told the dealership that I needed to get my wheel fixed and tried to schedule the appointment. They allowed it at first and then they called me to say that I needed to get authorization through Zurich first. So I told them that when I purchased the policy, I was told that they would do all that. Still, they told me that they weren’t gonna take my car.

I then called Zurich to make sure that I wasn’t crazy and the guy I spoke with was really good. He said that I absolutely do not need the authorization and the dealership is the one who should initiate and needs to go through any claim. He told me to tell them that and if that doesn't work then I should take my car to somebody else then Zurich would take care of me. So I called Toyota back and finally, they listened, and they were able to get it all covered. I had to take it back a week later to get the new wheel put on but it all ended up being fine. Although I got the hubcap not included within the warranty, which was weird, it wasn’t that much extra to replace. The coverage met my expectations for the repairs for the most part and I didn’t have a balance at all when I picked the car up.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, Yolanda, for sharing your experience. We are pleased the coverage met your expectations. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought the Zurich warranty for my Jeep through the Westbury Jeep dealership and when I needed a repair, the dealership submitted it for me. I expected to be covered completely but I still had to pay a fee for it. Then, when I looked on to CARFAX, the jeep has been serviced previously for a tire rotation. Even when I was at the dealership, they told me that my insurance didn’t cover the repair. So the people at the dealership sent me away the first time. It was not a very big issue to begin with. I had to contact other people though in order to come back a second time. The second time, they told me what was wrong and sent me home because they told me I have to schedule it and pay out of pocket myself but they didn’t even know about my warranty. I paid a deductible at the service center and they went through the warranty that was purchased with my vehicle. While my experience with the dealership is a completely different story, Zurich was great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The salesperson that I was buying the car from or the finance person offered me not only the insurance but the remote starter as well, so for the money, it was well worth it and that was why I purchased the vehicle service contract from Zurich. And living in the New England area, it never hurts to have tire insurance. I had an incident a couple of months ago and used Zurich's service. It is not easy to get the tire and I have the insurance. I called the dealership and they told me to bring the car right in. They said they'd probably take a day or two to get the tire. I was scheduled to go on a business trip, so as soon as I got to the dealership, the tire was in transit to the shop, so they ended up doing the service that day. They took my information and saw that I was insured. They fixed it and I was on my way.

I was happy with the service of Hyundai but not of the road service. I called the Hyundai road service, but I was way behind in line. I was on a timeline to get to New York and I didn't have much time, so I ended up changing the tire myself and driving into the dealership. It took the road service too long, but it was no big deal. I didn't have any issues getting one tire replaced or Hyundai doing the service. They did it very quickly and it worked out that time. The experience was stressful, but it all worked out between the tire insurance/Zurich and the dealership. It helped and I had no problems with it. I had an excellent experience with Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Took my 2015 Ram 1500 truck in to Ram dealership in Tomah Wisconsin for electric power steering assist that was inoperative, dealership found corrosion on some wires by steering module-cleaned and repaired, called said it was ready to go, went to pick truck up, seemed to work fine, paid the 100 dollar deductible, next morning, was inoperative again. Called dealership, took truck back, found out that the corrosion on the connector to the steering module was just the start of the issue, the module itself was also faulty, Zurich did not ask me to pay deductible again as I had already paid it once.

I found out at dealership that it must have been a known problem and that Engineers from Ram/Fiat were re-engineering the issue and that it would be almost 2 months for the dealer to receive updated parts to repair my truck. Happens to be the only vehicle we have that the whole family can fit into (crew cab) wife, kids, stuff. Never batted an eye, they gave us a brand new 2018 Ford Supercrew F150 4x4 to drive until the repairs were made on the Ram 1500. No problems, Ram is fixed, had new truck to drive for a month and a half, (free) Zurich paid for parts and labor. Will be updating the Ram truck in a few years, will be buying truck from Brenengen in Tomah Wisconsin and will be buying extended auto warranty from Zurich, Won't hesitate.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

David, we're so pleased you took the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich. Thank you for your business!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: June 11, 2019

It was better to protect myself than not and I wanted a service contract because of my experience in the past. I got one from Zurich and their claims process was extremely easy. I took the car in for a problem and they told me that there was a problem with the rim. When I purchased the vehicle, I knew I have the additional coverage, so I told them that. They looked it up because I didn’t have it with me and they found it. Then they made the contact, did all the arrangement, and I did nothing. Then they said that my car was ready and that everything was taken care of, and I left. The coverage was above and beyond my expectations and my experience was wonderful.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your positive experience with Zurich,and thank you for your business.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: June 9, 2019

Zurich was offered to me for $6 extra a month and the coverage I received for my vehicle repairs met my expectations. They paid their portion of the claim at the time that I got there. I was surprised that it worked so quickly 'cause I figured it was gonna be a long drawn out process. The day that it happened, they had it going and done within 3 hours. That helped me out quite a bit 'cause it was right before a holiday weekend.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Newer vehicles are harder to work on nowadays. I have an old truck that I can work on and fix everything. But I can't do it with the newer vehicles. It’s all computerized. I’m glad I got Zurich. My vehicle service experience was phenomenal. Filing the claim was easy and the coverage I got met my expectations. The driver seat would rock back and forth, and they replaced the bottom half of the seat over Memorial Day weekend, and I had other things they did too. But according to the dealer, it only took two hours. Zurich paid their portion of the claim before I picked my car up.

Original review: June 7, 2019

There was some mileage on my car, and vehicles like Honda or Toyota have exceptional quality and low maintenance. You get the money you put in with it. But I got a vehicle service contract for backup just in case. I'd better be safe than sorry. My experience with Zurich was very good and very professional. In fact, it was easy, right to the point, and simple. It exceeded my expectations.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Zurich met my expectations. I had to get a tire change, and doing the claim was simple.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was purchasing a brand new vehicle and I got a protection plan from Zurich. It's good and I have no complaints. Recently, I had my tires serviced. I took my car to the dealer and the dealer did it for me. They already had my information in the system that's why I went back to them. So, when they pull my name up and my vehicle, they see everything that I have, so I didn’t have to pull out anything. I didn’t have to pay for anything, too. I would recommend Zurich.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 22, 2019

Bought tire and wheel service. Zurich came back and said rims were not covered against scraping. Dealer was quick to sell warranty and Zurich was quick to knock down. Make sure you do not SIGN or AGREE to any warranty before you read the FINE PRINT. Have a Lawyer read the documents and if you're not sure tell the DEALER "NO". Other dealerships have stop using ZURICH. Consumers must be educated when signing docs and especially 3rd party warranties.

Hi, Ed,

Original review: May 22, 2019

I tend to keep cars for a long time and the cost of service made me want to get a vehicle service contract. The dealer recommended Zurich and my experience with them has been excellent. The coverage met my expectations and when I took my vehicle in, Mercedes filed the claim on their computer and it worked. Zurich did a good job.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Hi George, we are very happy to hear you are pleased with your experience with Zurich. Thank you for taking the time to share it!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 17, 2019

I've got a Cadillac and it needs an auto warranty. I had a flat tire and it took the guy 10 minutes fix it. The service was great. They handled it quickly and got it done. Zurich paid their portion of the claim.

Hello, Sergio,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your positive experience with Zurich! We appreciate your feedback and your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 11, 2019

Everybody oughta have an auto warranty and I do Zurich every time. When my wife was driving our car, we ruined the tire and they replaced it. It didn't take time. The coverage I received met my expectations.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you for sharing about your experience with Zurich! We are very happy to hear you are pleased. Thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 7, 2019

I got my car serviced and Honda got me right in. I was impressed with that, but I was a little disappointed that the tire was not replaced. I didn’t realize that Honda would just repair the tire if it was repairable. I missed that part of the contract with Zurich saying that if it was repairable, they would repair it. I talked to the service guy and waited on the service. He told me that there was no charge for me that day, so the coverage met my expectations.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Honest and feel can trust. Little on expensive side, but, all dealerships are. Fast service and good communication. Was able to get a rental car, for free, under my policy. And that is a great plus. Also they offer rides.

Hello, Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your positive experience! We're very happy to hear you were pleased with the service and communication.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Well the dealership we chose was terrible. The warranty company was helpful until we needed more extensive work done. Instead of fixing the pistons and rings as a preventative measure they insist that a person blows the motor in order to get a new motor. I feel that it I more expensive to replace the motor. I feel fixing the problem before it happens would be much better.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I always purchase a vehicle service contract when I purchase a BMW. This time, I got one from Zurich. I had a good experience with their service. I knew there was something very bad with the tire because when I turned it on in the morning, it was very low. I filled it up with air right next to the house and by the time I got to work, it was back down. I've never had that happen before. It usually goes down while the car is parked, never while I'm driving. So I dropped it at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg. They called me back and they said that there was an actual hole in the tire. Zurich's coverage met my expectations and they paid their portion of the claim before I picked up the car. I was very satisfied with them.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I brought my car to Hansel Honda. My tire light coming on. This happened to me 3 times too. The first time they patch my tire had a nail in it. The 2nd time they patch it again not sure if it was the same tire tho. The 3rd time got a new tire. It was super easy. I love your service. Thank you.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Very unhappy with Zurich NOT West Herr Ford! Purchased my pre owned Ford Mustang from Northtown Hyundai and purchased an extended warranty contract from Zurich. Had a issue with the satellite radio. Antenna Fault. Thinking the best place to get a repair was at a Ford Dealer so I took it to West Herr Ford. They were great went over the car as I asked them to do and found the problem with the satellite Radio. There was a broken cable from the radio to the antenna. When West Herr Ford called Zurich for approval to do the work Zurich only approved so many hours of work but not the number of hours the Ford Dealer needed to complete the work. The only option I had was to pay for the additional hours needed by the dealer to complete the work properly. So I’m Out over two hundred dollars out of my pocket. Why did I purchase a extended service contract if Zurich is going to nickel and dime every claim. I’m very disappointed with Zurich!!!!

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Hello Mark and Diane, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have a Chevy and I got a Zurich vehicle service contract on it. I was told by the salesperson that if I ever had a problem with tires, they would fix them for free and if I ended up with a hole in it, they would replace them. So once, when both my back tires kept losing air, I took the car in and had them checked. I was told that there was something in one of the tires, and on the other one, the problem was around the valve stem, which then had to be replaced. I thought that it would all be covered but Zurich didn't cover the valve stem. Because of that, they only paid half of the whole job. It was $97 to do the two tires and I paid $38 for the valve plus labor of putting that in out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Hi Kellie, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at vscclaim@zurichna.com

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased a 2013 from the Mercedes Benz dealer and car was financed through Mercedes Benz dealership in Atlanta GA. I got Gap coverage insurance directly from the dealership, (no third party). My car was totaled Dec 28, 2019. Mercedes and Gap took nearly 3 months to close my case. I find it ridiculous to be made to pay for a vehicle that has clearly not operable and no longer in my possession. I received two late markings on my credit report and I am not happy about paying for a service I no longer have in my possession. Gap made me pay $2600 for three months that I was without a vehicle. I want my money back because this is clearly wrong and GAP coverage covers the remainder balance no matter what.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Hello, Tee Vee, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. We do not respond on a public site with details of a GAP claim due to the personal financial information involved. However, if you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, we invite you to contact us by e-mail or by telephone.

Zurich

Original review: May 1, 2019

All the computers on the system need to be protected so I decided to get a vehicle service contract from Zurich. When I go to the dealership, they take care of things. In fact, when I took the car to the dealership, the people there called Zurich, got an okay and I picked up the car. But I didn't realize that Zurich had to have the person that the contract was under, come and sign for the paperwork. I ended up getting my husband added to the policy so in case he got out somewhere and I wasn't around, he can actually use it. My husband was informed that that was the way it was until after we took it to the dealership. That should've been explained a bit. Nonetheless, Zurich reps were fine. They announced that I was supposed to pay and I paid. I just wished there was a card that I can carry that had all the information on it.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have new vehicles and the parts are so expensive if something goes wrong with them. It pays to get a vehicle service contract so I got Zurich’s contract for 6 years and I also got a 3-year extension on it. It is important that if something goes wrong, it’s covered. Then, when I had a problem with the front tire, I got road hazard on it. I was told that I needed a new tire as there was a bubble in it. The guy ordered it and told me to come back the day after tomorrow to get it. I came back the next day and it was done. They put a new tire on it and Zurich must have paid for it. I can’t ask for better than that as it’s gotta be a $300 tire. I was satisfied it was taken care of.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, William, for taking the time to share about your experience with Zurich. We are so pleased you are happy with your service.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had purchased the vehicle service contract as part of my vehicle purchase from the dealership just over 2 years ago. Recently I had to have some work that was going to be significantly costly and the vehicle would not shift into gear. I took it back to the dealership I purchased it from (Within last 6 months the dealership changed names due to an acquisition). I had informed the dealership that I had coverage and was told during the sale to simply bring it back to the dealership and it would all be taken care of.

Being told that my service work will not be covered because there was no pre-authorization or having an adjuster come visit to see the work prior to approving. I have had warranties in the past and never heard of having to go through that especially when taking back to the selling dealership. The dealership even called Zurich to explain the situation and that THEY did not have the paperwork on file as they acquired another dealership and were still told no.

So I am out of pocket for the repairs as well as the initial "comprehensive" service warranty and each time I call Zurich they are reading from a script on how I simply did it all wrong and they will not cover it. When the 1st bullet on the letter they sent me states "Return your vehicle to the selling dealer OR call us immediately." So, Zurich is allowed to pick and choose criteria, but the paying customer is not.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Hello, Viken, thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. We’ve contacted the repair facility about this repair and we were able to gather new information allowing for partial coverage of the claim. We will contact you privately to keep personal claim information private. If you still have any unanswered questions, please contact us.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a tire repaired on my Lincoln. Sewell Ford handled it for me and the experience at the dealership was acceptable. I just wasn't that impressed their handling of the claim. But I had no issue with the coverage from Zurich. It met my expectations and I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 25, 2019

The service at Rockland Chrysler Jeep was excellent. The coverage for the repair met our expectations. Zurich serviced the car and we paid nothing out of pocket.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you very much, Marcos, for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear the coverage met your expectations. Thank you again for your sharing your feedback with others, and for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 23, 2019

I got a big vehicle and I wanna keep her safe all the time because I got my kids in there so I purchased a vehicle service contract from Zurich. I had a service repair which the dealership handled and it was a really good experience.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I had a flat tire and the manufacturer, Pirelli, claims and says on their website that the tire cannot be repaired. I had a tire repaired at a local shop to get me back on the road, then after that was done, I called Pirelli USA and they said, “The tire can’t be fixed. It’s not safe.” I called Zurich to get my claim moving so I could have the dealer order me a tire. Zurich said, “Is there air in the tire?” I said, “Yes.” They said, “Well, then it’s fine.” And I said, “No. It wasn’t supposed to be repaired in the first place, but we didn’t know that at the time.” Zurich's rep took a bunch of notes and put it on my account. I called the dealer and the dealer said, “We’re just gonna order you a tire and we’ll deal with Zurich at the time.” And so, when we get the tire in, I called Zurich, and there was nothing, just, “Okay. Fix it. Here’s the credit card. Pay for the tire.” So, it was up and down experience, like a yo-yo.

The tire eventually got done. It was just a little bit frustrating when I was told that if it’s holding air, it’s fine. Because it was not fine. I’ve had a lot of bad luck but we got it done. Eventually, Pirelli replaced the tire but not without an argument. It’s a brand-new Pirelli tire. It’s full of noise-canceling foam, which I didn’t even know was on the car. The whole process took two weeks because the tires are not easy to find and not easy to get, although that’s not Zurich’s problem. This is my second flat tire in the six months I’ve had the car. The first one was a total tire failure and that was seamless, where the tire took a week. I called Zurich and they gave the dealer the credit card over the phone, and I was on my way. My experience with Zurich at first was real complicated and then it got uncomplicated because I got the dealer involved. At the end, Zurich met my expectations.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information