Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Zurich offers extended auto warranties, also known as vehicle service contracts, that help protect you from repair costs related to breakdowns or malfunctioning components. Its vehicle service contracts are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Zurich has representatives available to answer coverage questions.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Zurich warranties are only available at select dealerships, the company is still worth considering for its bumper-to-bumper coverage. It also covers powersport vehicles, which isn’t common.

PROS
  • Also covers motorcycles
  • Exclusionary coverage available
  • Transferable plans
  • Roadside assistance
CONS
  • Limited availability
  • Low rental reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

It was a quick hassle free experience, I couldn't have asked for better service. I would buy Zurich coverage for all my vehicles in the future if I can. Even fully covered my rental for the few days I was without a car.

I have had to use the service contract 3 times now. Each time has made me immensely happy that I purchased it. So far the comprehensive service contract has lived up to what I was expecting... covering the costs of all needed repairs as well as rental cars 2 of the times when necessary..

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract cost

Vehicle service contract prices are not available on Zurich’s website. Expect prices to vary based on your local dealership and the make, model, year and mileage of your vehicle.

The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at an authorized dealership. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget.

Zurich offers your choice of deductible, including zero-deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles generally vary, but a typical deductible is about $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Zurich currently offers three extended warranty plans for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so just speak to a representative at a certified dealership for more information on which items are covered.

Powertrain
The Powertrain plan is Zurich’s most basic warranty coverage. It covers your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Transfer case
  • Transmission
  • Drive axle(s)
Standard
The Standard plan covers everything the Powertrain plan covers, plus your vehicle’s:
  • Suspension
  • Steering
  • Brakes
  • Heating and AC system
  • Electrical components
Comprehensive
The Comprehensive plan is an exclusionary policy, which means it covers everything on your vehicle except certain components. The most notable coverage additions for the Comprehensive plan are your vehicle’s:
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Zurich covers repairs made at any ASE-certified facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract. Once the diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team and obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich pays the repair facility directly.

Most plans also include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage. Depending on the plan you choose, the rental reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a six- or 10-day maximum.

Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary, but most are $100 a day for three days. You only qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if you have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home, requiring you to remain there overnight.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract FAQ

What does a Zurich Comprehensive warranty cover?
Zurich’s Comprehensive warranty is an exclusionary policy, which means it’s defined by what it doesn’t cover. However, you can expect the Comprehensive warranty to cover your vehicle’s:
  • Engine
  • Electrical components
  • Cooling system
  • Interior
  • Exterior
Where are Zurich service contracts available?
Zurich's vehicle service contracts are only available at select dealerships throughout the United States and Canada.
Can I cancel my Zurich extended warranty?
Zurich’s website is not clear about its cancellation policy. However, industry standards indicate it may be possible. You may be charged a cancellation fee, and refunds can take one to two months. Since Zurich works with dealers to offer its plans, it may be a good idea to reach out to the finance department at your local dealership.
How many plans does Zurich offer?
Zurich offers three extended warranty plans. Powertrain covers your car’s engine, drive axle and transmission. Standard covers everything in Powertrain, plus components like your suspension, steering and brakes. Comprehensive offers exclusionary coverage that includes almost all vehicle components. See the expandable module above for a more complete breakdown.

Is a Zurich extended warranty worth it?

A vehicle service contract from Zurich is worth it if you're buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership should be able to speak with you and help you choose the right plan. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making the company a good choice if you’re wanting to keep your other vehicles protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2021

Air conditioner was blowing hot air. The window control wouldn't raise or lower passenger window. Had to take car back because a rattle occurred in the radio area. Very annoying. Wish contract could be longer. Have trusted Zurich ever since I purchased the car. Have faith in company.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Despite having some issues with my vehicle, I have had peace of mind knowing I have the Zurich warranty. I have had some larger repairs performed on my vehicle and Zurich has covered them. Without their warranty, I would have had to go in to debt just to have my car repaired. I truly recommend their warranties!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I had no problem whatsoever getting Zurich to cover a very expensive repair. The dealership called them, as they knew that it would cost a lot, and they sent someone out the next day to confirm that they would cover the costs. They covered the costs, plus the cost of the rental car. I never had to contact them myself.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Had a road hazard cause tire damage. The dealership was fine but the Zurich Warranty wasn't ready to cover right away. They finally replaced the tire. I had to drive on the tire to the dealer to have it replaced. Took all day. Had to be picked up with my other car then returned to the dealership again. Spent 50 miles round trip on two cars to get tire replaced. So far not too happy with the warranty. Never had a problem like this with MB. Browns were very nice and did their best. Zurich not so much. Would never get a warranty again from them. They didn't even cover the tire in full.

Original review: April 10, 2021

Awesome service, fast response time and Good work. Saved me as much out of pocket as possible and I was so happy for that. Will most definitely go back there again. And their back and forth. With Zurich was cool and talking back to me with the outcome.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I had Zurich previously which made me decide to go with them. The experience was great. It was completely easy, as it was advertised. Submitting a claim was quick. I did a wheel and tire last time, and I rode up to the shop. They called and verified it. It was easier for them to get it done than it was for Honda because I went to a different dealership, and they were a little confused. But once they got on the phone, they were able to move through very quickly. There was a little bit more learning that was needed to happen with the reps because they didn't know if the cosmetics were covered for the tire but we ended up getting it figured out and they were very professional. The extended coverage is very valuable. Even just the key program that they offer alone to replace my keys is more cost-efficient than the entire package.

Akinjide,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I used Zurich when there was a major issue in my car that had to do with the actuator motor in the air conditioner. That was a warrantied part and the dealership contacted Zurich about it. At first, they told me the part wasn't covered under the warranty. But when I investigated further, they told me that they didn't know I had a Zurich warranty. They thought I had a Chrysler warranty even though I brought the dealership all the paperwork. That was not great. When I went through the paperwork, it seemed very clear to me that everything in my car is pretty much covered except for the upholstery. In the future, I will know that right off the bat and I won’t have to go back and forth with the dealer. Zurich has been fine so far.

Liza,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: July 8, 2020

We got the new vehicle and my husband was gonna be driving it far so we decided to get the extra insurance. In case anything happens, we wouldn't have to worry about finding somebody and we didn't really know much about that. Zurich was the one that the dealership offered. When we took the car in, it got fixed and it was a good experience. I didn't have any problems. They had it for a week but that was only because they had to make sure they were able to see the problem.

Every after about half an hour of driving it, the blinker would start going on by itself and then, it would stay on. We went to New Hampshire and it was fine the whole way there. Then, the whole way back, the blinker was on nonstop and there was no way to get it to stop. For a couple of weeks, it wouldn't do it at all and then, it would pop on randomly and would do it. So, when we had taken it in to get it done, it wasn't doing the problem. So they had to drive it around to try to get it to. It wasn’t very long for them to have to fix it but it was just trying to get the problem to happen. The experience with Zurich was awesome and I didn't have to worry. There wasn't a lot of stress that came with it if the issue was gonna be covered or not. I was happy that I got to just drop it off and let them deal with it and then pick it back up and it was fine.

Heather,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: June 13, 2020

I got a service contract in the past for other vehicles and they turned out to be good to have. So, I decided to do it again and I got one from Zurich. Also, my car is a used vehicle and you'll never know what you're getting with. Zurich has a lot of good coverage but the price was a little more than what I paid with my last one. Unfortunately, I had to change vehicles because I had an accident. My previous contract was through Allstate and they only charged me over $2,000 for pretty much everything. But this one with Zurich was $2,000 more, so that was kind of a bummer.

But so far, my experience in getting my vehicle serviced has been great and Evergreen has been amazing. A lot of dealers I've had in the past will try to argue and fight with you about trying to get coverage warranty because some dealers get paid less than what they would have if you had to pay it out of pocket from a warranty. But Evergreen has not given me any of that type of service and they've taken my vehicle in with no questions. They've given me excellent service on it and they've gone above and beyond. The dealership takes care of speaking with the reps at Zurich, too. The dealership calls them and tells them what's going on to verify if it's covered or not. Then if it wasn't, they would let me know what I had to pay out of pocket. But the couple of times we've had to have the car serviced, there were no issues.

It was nice to know that one of the works we needed was covered but there was another issue which I came to find out wasn't covered because Zurich considered it an adjustment. It's the spring noise that's in with the manual transmission. You have to pull the transmission out to get in there to adjust and it's like a slave cylinder. But I don't know how it would be an adjustment when it's making a horrible rusty spring noise. I've had that happen in every one of my Wranglers, too. So, it might be just a manual thing with the Jeep Wranglers. But some of the other Jeep guys that work there said that they have it as well. Also, it is quite annoying hearing the springing noise every time you have to push on the clutch and shift. This is louder than any of the other Wranglers I've had which is more concerning because I worry that maybe that's why it shifts rough and it's hard to put into gear.

Aside from that, Zurich didn't really give the dealer a full explanation from my understanding on why they consider it an adjustment instead of considering it part of the drive train because you need to shift to be able to drive. I'd understand it if it was determined that it was like a clutch issue which would be my fault if I wore the clutch out. But my vehicle only has 45,000 miles on it and it's quite noisy.

Peter,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 23, 2020

The person in the finance office did not explain the Zurich coverage to me very well. When I took my vehicle in to get serviced, it was a smooth process. I just went and got my oil changed and there was no charge. But when I got the appointment booked, they first said, “You get two free oil changes.” So, when I went in, I was thinking it was something the dealership was covering it. I had no idea it was Zurich that was covering it. So, they didn’t explain that either. It just wasn’t done very well.

I’ve canceled the contract already. I felt pressured with the finance guy, and that was something that I really didn’t want to do. And not only did I get what I really didn’t want because he tried to talk me into it, they also extended my payments a year. Then I came in with a pre-approval letter with Capital One, and they ended up financing me with Ollo for 1.5% higher interest rate. So, it was a mess. Zurich was fine though. I canceled the contract right after I got the car. The dealership never turned in the paperwork. So, then I called Zurich myself, and then two months later, I canceled it, and they got on it right away. I trusted Zurich more than I did the dealership.

Patricia,