4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich offers a lot of choices to consumers, so it’s easier to find a plan that fits your needs. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help answer your questions.

PROS

• Covers motorcycles, powersports
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans
  • Roadside assistance available

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for a vehicle service contract are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich products. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Zurich offers deductible choices as well including zero deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Although Zurich offers many other plans, some of their most popular are: Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so for more information on which services are covered, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
  • Interior/exterior
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified repair facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract.  Once diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team to obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich will pay the authorized amount directly to the repair facility.

Most plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage.  Depending on the plan you choose, the rental coverage reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a 6- or 10-day maximum. Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary.  Most are $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home requiring them to remain overnight during repairs.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich vehicle service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I didn’t get everything covered but for the couple of things that I needed, the policy sounded beneficial. I also purchased it because I thought I was getting a better deal with the dealership. It was definitely not Zurich's fault but I thought I had a little more money to play with. Nonetheless, my experience has been good so far. I've had to use them once when I had a flat tire and it was damaged too close to my sidewall. I called two or three times to get some information but apparently, the shop that’s doing the work needs to call. I relayed that to the second person I went to. The first person had refused to work on my car because he believed that it was a hassle to work with this type of coverage company, which I can understand, but it was also frustrating and eating up more of my day. I thought I was just gonna be able to drop it off.

Also, it was a flat tire so I jacked it up and removed the tire but I was instructed by one of the salesmen from Zurich that I should have left the tire on and that somewhere in the coverage, I was covered for a towing service. But that’s insane. Thankfully, someone had the common sense that I could take a photo of the VIN Number and of the tire then put the picture together that this is the vehicle. I understand that some people are trying to fraud people but towing a car a quarter mile to a shop to plug a tire is ludicrous.

The work took a weekend and fortunately, I was going out-of-town and was not dependent upon my vehicle. I dropped it off on a Friday then I was able to pick it up first thing Monday morning then ride it home. The mechanic was able to put the tire back on my car. Then apparently, Zurich's portion of the claim was all taken care of before the work was even done. I just had to pay that $3 disposal fee when I picked up the tire that Monday. Paying $3 isn't that bad but at the same time, couldn't they cover $3 more?

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My vehicle service experience was awful because they, at first, told me I didn’t have any warranty. And then I had to wait for somebody to get there. And then I had waited for a while, then I left, and I just drove around the block, took a quick trip around the corner. The next thing I know, I had a complete flat tire. It was a bad experience. Thank God I was right next to the Kia place, so my husband took it around and told them that they needed to fix the tire because they actually put my tires inside out. The outside of the tire says, “Inside.” And they said it only really matters during weather. But my tires were on wrong, my AC wasn’t working, and my check engine light came on a couple of days ago. It randomly went off.

I just got the car but my AC wasn’t working. I didn’t have to use it for the while that I had it this couple of weeks. So, I had to take it in, and I had to pay $200. I was given a printout, and it said it was gonna be like 680 and that I was only gonna have to pay 200 for the deductible. But when I got the receipt, it was only gonna be like 5-something, and I’m paying 2-something of that, and Zurich was paying the rest. I was just confused why I had to pay anything seeing how I only had the car for a short time.

Hello, Kori,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

Sincerely,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a new Corolla in December and the dealership went over the different auto warranty packages. Having the extra coverage and protection for the wheels, tires, windows, all the paint, and all that was a good deal for only a few dollars a month. One time, I spoke to Zurich because I was getting a lot of pushback from Toyota. I was really irritated because I called and told the dealership that I needed to get my wheel fixed and tried to schedule the appointment. They allowed it at first and then they called me to say that I needed to get authorization through Zurich first. So I told them that when I purchased the policy, I was told that they would do all that. Still, they told me that they weren’t gonna take my car.

I then called Zurich to make sure that I wasn’t crazy and the guy I spoke with was really good. He said that I absolutely do not need the authorization and the dealership is the one who should initiate and needs to go through any claim. He told me to tell them that and if that doesn't work then I should take my car to somebody else then Zurich would take care of me. So I called Toyota back and finally, they listened, and they were able to get it all covered. I had to take it back a week later to get the new wheel put on but it all ended up being fine. Although I got the hubcap not included within the warranty, which was weird, it wasn’t that much extra to replace. The coverage met my expectations for the repairs for the most part and I didn’t have a balance at all when I picked the car up.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, Yolanda, for sharing your experience. We are pleased the coverage met your expectations. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The salesperson that I was buying the car from or the finance person offered me not only the insurance but the remote starter as well, so for the money, it was well worth it and that was why I purchased the vehicle service contract from Zurich. And living in the New England area, it never hurts to have tire insurance. I had an incident a couple of months ago and used Zurich's service. It is not easy to get the tire and I have the insurance. I called the dealership and they told me to bring the car right in. They said they'd probably take a day or two to get the tire. I was scheduled to go on a business trip, so as soon as I got to the dealership, the tire was in transit to the shop, so they ended up doing the service that day. They took my information and saw that I was insured. They fixed it and I was on my way.

I was happy with the service of Hyundai but not of the road service. I called the Hyundai road service, but I was way behind in line. I was on a timeline to get to New York and I didn't have much time, so I ended up changing the tire myself and driving into the dealership. It took the road service too long, but it was no big deal. I didn't have any issues getting one tire replaced or Hyundai doing the service. They did it very quickly and it worked out that time. The experience was stressful, but it all worked out between the tire insurance/Zurich and the dealership. It helped and I had no problems with it. I had an excellent experience with Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Took my 2015 Ram 1500 truck in to Ram dealership in Tomah Wisconsin for electric power steering assist that was inoperative, dealership found corrosion on some wires by steering module-cleaned and repaired, called said it was ready to go, went to pick truck up, seemed to work fine, paid the 100 dollar deductible, next morning, was inoperative again. Called dealership, took truck back, found out that the corrosion on the connector to the steering module was just the start of the issue, the module itself was also faulty, Zurich did not ask me to pay deductible again as I had already paid it once.

I found out at dealership that it must have been a known problem and that Engineers from Ram/Fiat were re-engineering the issue and that it would be almost 2 months for the dealer to receive updated parts to repair my truck. Happens to be the only vehicle we have that the whole family can fit into (crew cab) wife, kids, stuff. Never batted an eye, they gave us a brand new 2018 Ford Supercrew F150 4x4 to drive until the repairs were made on the Ram 1500. No problems, Ram is fixed, had new truck to drive for a month and a half, (free) Zurich paid for parts and labor. Will be updating the Ram truck in a few years, will be buying truck from Brenengen in Tomah Wisconsin and will be buying extended auto warranty from Zurich, Won't hesitate.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

David, we're so pleased you took the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich. Thank you for your business!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Zurich is a really good company and I'm glad I got it. The service contract was for my old car. I decided that it was a better route to go ahead and purchase something that I could be secure with. When the sensor and the fuel pump of my car gave out, I ended up calling Zurich and they were pretty good. I only paid my deductible.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Our most recent claim repair service through Ford was awesome. They took care of my wife's tire and her problem and fixed it right away, so we're really happy. We're surprised that Zurich even took care of it. They did the whole claim process. We just took it into Ford. It was taken care of, and we went and picked it up. And we paid our copay, and that was it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

In the two weeks I've had my Zurich Vehicle Service Contract I got four flat tires. The ones on my vehicle are low profile tires and rims. I asked Zurich if I could change the style of tires on my vehicle and they told me "No". While Zurich, would cover replacement tires for the life of the car, I couldn’t change the style. I was kinda disappointed since I’m trying to save Zurich money by buying a different style of tires that wouldn’t potholes in the dark. So my only option is to continue with this style of tires and rims and just run the risk of more flat tires and rim damage 'cause I don’t have the money to go out and buy four new tires and rims. Nevertheless, I've been fully satisfied with the service I received during my claims.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I am a retiree of Zurich, I know that one of the benefits is getting a special price, and so now I have my vehicle service contract with them. When I had my car for repair at Subaru, I told the guy where my contract was and he made the claim. He told me it was 100% covered and I could pick up my car. Only the dealership had communication with Zurich and I had no need to contact them. So, all worked just exactly like I expected it to.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

When I first went in for my repair through Ford, there was a bit of drama. I went in on day one to get an oil change and have Ford look at my tire that was losing pressure. The servicemen got the oil changed but then they had to order a tire and they said my tire would be in the next day. The next day, I called to find out if the tire came in but then they forgot to order it. They were gonna make me wait until Monday. I have a sick father that was in a nursing home that I had to go to. I explained to the serviceman that I couldn't wait until Monday.

Ford ended up special ordering my tire and getting it in on Saturday. I went and got the tire done. They invoiced me on Monday and I was wondering why they were invoicing me as I have Zurich. I called Ford and they said that was a mistake. For a little-bitty tire, it was like grief. The customer service of Ford had poor communication. Still, Zurich did well for me.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information