Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich offers a lot of choices to consumers, so it’s easier to find a plan that fits your needs. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help answer your questions.

PROS

• Covers motorcycles, powersports
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans
  • Roadside assistance available

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews We Found

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for a vehicle service contract are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich products. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Zurich offers deductible choices as well including zero deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Although Zurich offers many other plans, some of their most popular are: Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so for more information on which services are covered, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
  • Interior/exterior
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified repair facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract.  Once diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team to obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich will pay the authorized amount directly to the repair facility.

Most plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage.  Depending on the plan you choose, the rental coverage reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a 6- or 10-day maximum. Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary.  Most are $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home requiring them to remain overnight during repairs.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich vehicle service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2020

The person in the finance office did not explain the Zurich coverage to me very well. When I took my vehicle in to get serviced, it was a smooth process. I just went and got my oil changed and there was no charge. But when I got the appointment booked, they first said, “You get two free oil changes.” So, when I went in, I was thinking it was something the dealership was covering it. I had no idea it was Zurich that was covering it. So, they didn’t explain that either. It just wasn’t done very well.

I’ve canceled the contract already. I felt pressured with the finance guy, and that was something that I really didn’t want to do. And not only did I get what I really didn’t want because he tried to talk me into it, they also extended my payments a year. Then I came in with a pre-approval letter with Capital One, and they ended up financing me with Ollo for 1.5% higher interest rate. So, it was a mess. Zurich was fine though. I canceled the contract right after I got the car. The dealership never turned in the paperwork. So, then I called Zurich myself, and then two months later, I canceled it, and they got on it right away. I trusted Zurich more than I did the dealership.

Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

A cousin who used Zurich before recommended it to me and I bought a service contract from her. When I had a flat tire, I called the company to see what their process was. The rep told me to find a tire dealer who would work with them. I gave the tire people the number that was provided to me and the tire dealer handled it all. That time, I didn't know I needed a second tire. Once the dealer's people racked up my car, they saw sheet metal and the other one. They were able to fix them as well while they had it. The one tire I needed was pretty much free of charge outside of paying my monthly premium. This was three dollars extra a month to cover what would have cost me $400 out of pocket. It's a no brainer and there isn't any reason not to get this kind of service contract. The coverage is awesome.

Susan,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your experience with Zurich's Vehicle Service Contract. Your service experience is very important to us and we appreciate hearing from you.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I’m not too happy with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract. I was told that I had the tires for the life of the vehicle, and when I had a road damage to the first tire, they said that they never put that through so they weren’t gonna honor it, even though I had the paperwork that said it. All the paperwork that they gave me was only my signature, but they didn't give me a paperwork with theirs. But all the other paperwork that I had, they honored, but not that one. The whole reason why I went with them was that service contract, and now that’s not even all operational. It’s just the rest of the service. So, I’m a bit disappointed.

I went back in and talked to the manager, but the sales manager that was there when I purchased the vehicle had left. And the other manager said he’d get back with me. They ended up not charging me because I never heard back, but they said that it wouldn’t be good going forward. I took my vehicle for a change oil and tire repair. The oil change was good. It was covered. But I was very disappointed that they tried to charge me for the tire. Zurich is fine. It’s with the person that wrote up the contract that I have a problem with. I asked if the contract could be rewritten and they said that they could.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

When I first went in for my repair through Ford, there was a bit of drama. I went in on day one to get an oil change and have Ford look at my tire that was losing pressure. The servicemen got the oil changed but then they had to order a tire and they said my tire would be in the next day. The next day, I called to find out if the tire came in but then they forgot to order it. They were gonna make me wait until Monday. I have a sick father that was in a nursing home that I had to go to. I explained to the serviceman that I couldn't wait until Monday.

Ford ended up special ordering my tire and getting it in on Saturday. I went and got the tire done. They invoiced me on Monday and I was wondering why they were invoicing me as I have Zurich. I called Ford and they said that was a mistake. For a little-bitty tire, it was like grief. The customer service of Ford had poor communication. Still, Zurich did well for me.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I didn’t get everything covered but for the couple of things that I needed, the policy sounded beneficial. I also purchased it because I thought I was getting a better deal with the dealership. It was definitely not Zurich's fault but I thought I had a little more money to play with. Nonetheless, my experience has been good so far. I've had to use them once when I had a flat tire and it was damaged too close to my sidewall. I called two or three times to get some information but apparently, the shop that’s doing the work needs to call. I relayed that to the second person I went to. The first person had refused to work on my car because he believed that it was a hassle to work with this type of coverage company, which I can understand, but it was also frustrating and eating up more of my day. I thought I was just gonna be able to drop it off.

Also, it was a flat tire so I jacked it up and removed the tire but I was instructed by one of the salesmen from Zurich that I should have left the tire on and that somewhere in the coverage, I was covered for a towing service. But that’s insane. Thankfully, someone had the common sense that I could take a photo of the VIN Number and of the tire then put the picture together that this is the vehicle. I understand that some people are trying to fraud people but towing a car a quarter mile to a shop to plug a tire is ludicrous.

The work took a weekend and fortunately, I was going out-of-town and was not dependent upon my vehicle. I dropped it off on a Friday then I was able to pick it up first thing Monday morning then ride it home. The mechanic was able to put the tire back on my car. Then apparently, Zurich's portion of the claim was all taken care of before the work was even done. I just had to pay that $3 disposal fee when I picked up the tire that Monday. Paying $3 isn't that bad but at the same time, couldn't they cover $3 more?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I leased a vehicle through D’ELLA Honda and I bought the protection for the interior through Zurich. It was a very easy process. From previous leases, I know that that the upholstery is one of the biggest things that I abuse. My last complimentary service was an oil change and rotating tires. Free oil change is a very important aspect when looking for a vehicle service contract.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Zurich's product was good and I really like the cleaning supplies. They were really nice. When I purchased Zurich from the dealership, they gave me one kit and when I used all the kit up, they gave me another kit of nothing but Zurich supplies. That was all that ever touched my car. However, their customer service was not the best. When we bought Zurich, they asked us and told us what the policy covered. I specifically asked about love bug damage and they said they'd cover it.

We live in Florida and had some issues with love bugs. When I called to submit a claim, there was a constant issue with taking the vehicle through certain places to get it fixed, but they weren’t close. I then sent pictures. It was just one go-around after another, which went on for a few months sporadically here and there. I was in a new position at my old job and running an entire hair salon with 12 people. I didn’t have much time and when I did, I gave it to Zurich. Then one day, I just said, “I’m not doing this anymore.” I was wasting my breath and time and I was not getting anywhere. I just gave up.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I'm a person that likes to be prepared in case anything happens. I purchased the Zurich Vehicle Service Contract and I had my tires rotated. I waited at the dealership and it was quick. It took under an hour. I wasn't charged anything. I'm lucky I haven't had to really utilize the service contract.

Garett,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide, and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 13, 2020

Windshield chip(s). At first, there were some issues in getting thru with the right CSR at Zurich, ping ponging the phone call to same Service Number until someone broke the cycle and finally got thru where we could get something done, after that it was very smooth, fast and efficient service. Csr At Honda was excellent. Thank You.

Jose,

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: May 12, 2020

The rep at the dealership was very persuasive and it took about an hour and a half of dealing with him. He started out at one price and then ended up dropping it by almost 50%, which I was upset about because I felt like he should have given me that same price to begin with. It felt deceptive that he was willing to drop it so much. I purchased the warranty because of the incredible high pressure at the end of my car purchase and I also want my car to be serviced if it needs it. In fact, I told them I need to know what to do if something goes wrong but they told me most of the dealerships work with Zurich and I shouldn't have a problem. I hope that's true. They also said I had two free oil changes at the dealership and I did one of the two oil changes.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information