4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zurich offers extended auto warranties and vehicle service contracts that help protect you from vehicle repair costs. Zurich vehicle service contracts and extended warranties, available in the U.S, and Canada, can cover the cost of parts and labor to repair most major auto components.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zurich offers a lot of choices to consumers, so it’s easier to find a plan that fits your needs. Although Zurich is only available at select dealerships, speaking in person with a representative will help answer your questions.

PROS

• Covers motorcycles, powersports
  • Wide array of coverage options
  • Transferrable plans
  • Roadside assistance available

CONS

• Only available at certain dealerships
  • Basic plan has low reimbursements

Top Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Reviews

01/14/2019

I know firsthand that this company stands behind their product. A lot has to do with the dealership that the Zurich contract was purchased through. I used their service to fix my tire, where I hit a pothole, and the rim bent. Not only did they tow my car, they replaced both rim and tire.

02/17/2019

Filing a claim was pretty easy. I got a rental car the same day my car got taken care of. It was pretty crazy because it happened on the week of Thanksgiving, but they paid everything and I was back on the road coming 1,500 miles back. I was shocked that they got done as quick as it did.

Zurich vehicle service contract cost

Costs for a vehicle service contract are not available on Zurich’s website. The best way to get an accurate price is to speak to a Zurich representative at a dealership that sells Zurich products. They will be able to speak with you about your contract choices and what fits your budget. Prices vary by dealership location and the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle.

With Zurich, you will only have to pay a small deductible for repairs. Zurich offers deductible choices as well including zero deductible plans. Extended auto warranty deductibles can vary, but a typical deductible is $100.

Zurich extended warranty plans

Although Zurich offers many other plans, some of their most popular are: Powertrain, Standard, Preferred and Comprehensive. These plans are available for new and used vehicles. All plans contain certain exclusions, so for more information on which services are covered, just speak to a representative at a certified dealership.

Rental Plus
  • Interior/exterior
Comprehensive
  • Everything the Preferred plan covers

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract coverage

Repairs can be made at any ASE-certified repair facility or the dealership where you originally purchased your Zurich contract.  Once diagnosis is complete, have your repair facility call to file a claim with the Zurich claims team to obtain an authorization number. Once the repair has been authorized and completed, Zurich will pay the authorized amount directly to the repair facility.

Most plans include emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption coverage.  Depending on the plan you choose, the rental coverage reimbursement is up to $30 or $40 per day with a 6- or 10-day maximum. Trip interruption reimbursement benefits also vary.  Most are $100 a day for three days. Customers can qualify for trip interruption reimbursement if they have a breakdown more than 100 miles from home requiring them to remain overnight during repairs.

Is a Zurich vehicle service contract worth it?

A Zurich vehicle service contract is worth it if you are looking for several plan options and are buying a car from a certified dealership. A Zurich representative at the dealership will be able to speak to you in person and work with you to choose the best plan at the best price. Zurich extended warranty plans are also available for motorcycles and ATVs, making Zurich a good choice for those wanting to keep their bike protected.

121 Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 10, 2019

My vehicle service experience was awful because they, at first, told me I didn’t have any warranty. And then I had to wait for somebody to get there. And then I had waited for a while, then I left, and I just drove around the block, took a quick trip around the corner. The next thing I know, I had a complete flat tire. It was a bad experience. Thank God I was right next to the Kia place, so my husband took it around and told them that they needed to fix the tire because they actually put my tires inside out. The outside of the tire says, “Inside.” And they said it only really matters during weather. But my tires were on wrong, my AC wasn’t working, and my check engine light came on a couple of days ago. It randomly went off.

I just got the car but my AC wasn’t working. I didn’t have to use it for the while that I had it this couple of weeks. So, I had to take it in, and I had to pay $200. I was given a printout, and it said it was gonna be like 680 and that I was only gonna have to pay 200 for the deductible. But when I got the receipt, it was only gonna be like 5-something, and I’m paying 2-something of that, and Zurich was paying the rest. I was just confused why I had to pay anything seeing how I only had the car for a short time.

Hello, Kori,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please contact us at: vscclaim@zurichna.com

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a new Corolla in December and the dealership went over the different auto warranty packages. Having the extra coverage and protection for the wheels, tires, windows, all the paint, and all that was a good deal for only a few dollars a month. One time, I spoke to Zurich because I was getting a lot of pushback from Toyota. I was really irritated because I called and told the dealership that I needed to get my wheel fixed and tried to schedule the appointment. They allowed it at first and then they called me to say that I needed to get authorization through Zurich first. So I told them that when I purchased the policy, I was told that they would do all that. Still, they told me that they weren’t gonna take my car.

I then called Zurich to make sure that I wasn’t crazy and the guy I spoke with was really good. He said that I absolutely do not need the authorization and the dealership is the one who should initiate and needs to go through any claim. He told me to tell them that and if that doesn't work then I should take my car to somebody else then Zurich would take care of me. So I called Toyota back and finally, they listened, and they were able to get it all covered. I had to take it back a week later to get the new wheel put on but it all ended up being fine. Although I got the hubcap not included within the warranty, which was weird, it wasn’t that much extra to replace. The coverage met my expectations for the repairs for the most part and I didn’t have a balance at all when I picked the car up.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

Thank you, Yolanda, for sharing your experience. We are pleased the coverage met your expectations. And thank you for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I bought the Zurich warranty for my Jeep through the Westbury Jeep dealership and when I needed a repair, the dealership submitted it for me. I expected to be covered completely but I still had to pay a fee for it. Then, when I looked on to CARFAX, the jeep has been serviced previously for a tire rotation. Even when I was at the dealership, they told me that my insurance didn’t cover the repair. So the people at the dealership sent me away the first time. It was not a very big issue to begin with. I had to contact other people though in order to come back a second time. The second time, they told me what was wrong and sent me home because they told me I have to schedule it and pay out of pocket myself but they didn’t even know about my warranty. I paid a deductible at the service center and they went through the warranty that was purchased with my vehicle. While my experience with the dealership is a completely different story, Zurich was great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The salesperson that I was buying the car from or the finance person offered me not only the insurance but the remote starter as well, so for the money, it was well worth it and that was why I purchased the vehicle service contract from Zurich. And living in the New England area, it never hurts to have tire insurance. I had an incident a couple of months ago and used Zurich's service. It is not easy to get the tire and I have the insurance. I called the dealership and they told me to bring the car right in. They said they'd probably take a day or two to get the tire. I was scheduled to go on a business trip, so as soon as I got to the dealership, the tire was in transit to the shop, so they ended up doing the service that day. They took my information and saw that I was insured. They fixed it and I was on my way.

I was happy with the service of Hyundai but not of the road service. I called the Hyundai road service, but I was way behind in line. I was on a timeline to get to New York and I didn't have much time, so I ended up changing the tire myself and driving into the dealership. It took the road service too long, but it was no big deal. I didn't have any issues getting one tire replaced or Hyundai doing the service. They did it very quickly and it worked out that time. The experience was stressful, but it all worked out between the tire insurance/Zurich and the dealership. It helped and I had no problems with it. I had an excellent experience with Zurich.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Took my 2015 Ram 1500 truck in to Ram dealership in Tomah Wisconsin for electric power steering assist that was inoperative, dealership found corrosion on some wires by steering module-cleaned and repaired, called said it was ready to go, went to pick truck up, seemed to work fine, paid the 100 dollar deductible, next morning, was inoperative again. Called dealership, took truck back, found out that the corrosion on the connector to the steering module was just the start of the issue, the module itself was also faulty, Zurich did not ask me to pay deductible again as I had already paid it once.

I found out at dealership that it must have been a known problem and that Engineers from Ram/Fiat were re-engineering the issue and that it would be almost 2 months for the dealer to receive updated parts to repair my truck. Happens to be the only vehicle we have that the whole family can fit into (crew cab) wife, kids, stuff. Never batted an eye, they gave us a brand new 2018 Ford Supercrew F150 4x4 to drive until the repairs were made on the Ram 1500. No problems, Ram is fixed, had new truck to drive for a month and a half, (free) Zurich paid for parts and labor. Will be updating the Ram truck in a few years, will be buying truck from Brenengen in Tomah Wisconsin and will be buying extended auto warranty from Zurich, Won't hesitate.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract response

David, we're so pleased you took the time to tell us about your positive experience with Zurich. Thank you for your business!

- The Zurich Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Vehicle Service Contract?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Called and they gave me a rep name Ericka. She could tell I was a little upset about how my day was going. She spoke to me still calmly and helped me. Great service. Would recommend to anyone! Just awesome.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I paid 1900.00 for a extended warranty 5 years ago and the first time I need it I'm told my repair isn't covered, after reading thru the fine print I'm convinced nothing is covered. My recommendation is keep your money and pay cash for the repairs. No more extended warranties for me.

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Zurich has a high standard for the service we provide and your experience should be no exception. The voice of our customers is a key component in helping us improve. If you have any unanswered questions or would be willing to discuss your concerns with us, please email us.

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I got Zurich through a recommendation from our dealer and their coverage met my expectations. Getting my car repaired went pretty fast and it was easy to do. I didn't have to call them and as far as I know, they paid for it. The dealer just said, “Hey, you’re good to go. It’s covered and here’s your car back.”

Original review: July 30, 2019

When I bought the truck, the dealership set me up with Zurich Vehicle Service Contract. I had a good experience using the service contract and I was satisfied. They approved the work right away and got the truck fixed. Thereafter, I was back on the road.

Hello, Delmar,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your positive experience with Zurich. We're so pleased you were satisfied with your service. Thank you for your time and for your business!

The Zurich Customer Care Team

Original review: July 18, 2019

The first time I went to Honda, the car was warrantied through them. But then the second time I went there, the warranty was over so I had to get extended warranty from Zurich. Three weeks ago, I had to have a starter put on because the starter had gone out. When I went to Honda, they told me my warranty was over and I was mad about that. But I talked to the guy and I said, “What am I paying for? Am I paying for an extended warranty?” And then he looked it up, and he was like, “Oh yeah.” That’s when the extended warranty kicked in and they had to fix the car. Honda took care of me, but Zurich paid for it when they found out that the car was under warranty and it was nothing I did to it. I got a rental car for four hours, and it was great.

Zurich Vehicle Service Contract Company Information