4.2/5 (21 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About 1800Warranty.com

1800Warranty.com offers vehicle service contracts to customers who want coverage after their factory auto warranty expires. The company’s plans are month-to-month, and you can cancel at any time. Coverage is limited to cars with a model year of at least 2000 and mileage up to 200,000, and it includes emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, ID theft protection and more.

Pros

• Month-to-month subscription
  • $0 deductible available
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Stacks Reward Plan

Cons

• Personal info required for quote
  • No sample contract online

Bottom Line

1800Warranty.com offers four levels of vehicle coverage, with optional tire and wheel protection. Coverage is month-to-month, so there’s no long-term commitment. You can get coverage immediately with a vehicle inspection.

What is 1800Warranty.com?

1800Warranty.com is a provider of vehicle service contracts. The company offers customers month-to-month, no-commitment options for vehicle protection. It has four plans that can be “easily modified,” according to the company. There is also optional tire and wheel coverage.

1800Warranty.com offers several benefits with its plans, including the Stacks Reward Plan. This reward plan reimburses your monthly premiums — minus some fees — if you don’t make any claims. 1800Warranty.com also includes roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and complimentary ID theft protection for you and your family.

How does 1800Warranty.com work?

1800Warranty.com’s process starts with customers getting a free, no-obligation quote. You provide your vehicle’s make, model, year and mileage and the state where you live. You eventually will need the vehicle identification number, information about your car’s features and a photo of the odometer.

You then choose your coverage level and deductible amount. Coverage is based on a monthly subscription, with no long-term contract or other commitments. When you’re ready to buy coverage, you pay for the first month. You're then billed monthly and can cancel whenever.

Coverage starts after a 30-day waiting period; however, you can get coverage right away if you agree to a vehicle inspection.

If your vehicle breaks down and you need to make a claim with 1800Warranty.com, you can take your car to any licensed repair facility and have the mechanic call the number on the contract. You pay the deductible, and 1800Warranty.com pays the rest directly to the repair shop.

1800Warranty.com plans

1800Warranty.com has four levels of coverage: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4:

• Engine
  • Transmission
  • Drivetrain (except mounts)
  • Hybrid/electric vehicle components
  • Seals and gaskets
  • Suspension (only wheel bearings and seals)
  • “Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Plus” (certain components)
Everything in Level 1, plus:
  • Steering
  • Suspension (certain components)
  • Brakes (except anti-lock brake system)
  • Electrical
  • Air conditioning
Everything in Level 2, plus:
  • Brakes (including anti-lock brake system)
  • Enhanced electrical
  • Miscellaneous components
  • “Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Plus”
Everything in Level 3, plus:
  • Drivetrain (including mounts)
  • Suspension (all components except air suspension springs)

Tire and wheel protection can be added to any level of coverage. There are three options for this coverage:

• Tire repair and replacement
  • Tire and wheel repair and replacement
  • Tire and wheel repair and replacement with extended protection to outside face of the wheel

1800Warranty.com costs

The cost of a vehicle service contract from 1800Warranty.com depends on factors such as your car’s make, model and year; the mileage; the level of coverage you choose; and the deductible you select. Starting costs for each plan are:

• Level 1: $39 per month
  • Level 2: $44 per month
  • Level 3: $48 per month
  • Level 4: $55 per month

Deductible options are $0, $100 and $250. Not all deductible options are available for all plans. For exact pricing, including for the tire and wheel option, request a quote online or call 1800Warranty.com.

1800Warranty.com FAQ

What are the age and mileage limits for 1800Warranty.com?
1800Warranty.com only covers vehicles of model year 2000 or newer, with mileage up to 200,000.
Does 1800Warranty.com have a waiting period?
If you have your vehicle inspected, your coverage with 1800Warranty.com starts immediately. Without an inspection, you have to wait 30 days for coverage to start.
Does 1800Warranty.com have a deductible?
1800Warranty.com has different deductible options, depending on the coverage you choose. Your deductible could be $0, $100 or $250.
What is 1800Warranty.com’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel your 1800Warranty.com service contract at any time since it’s a monthly subscription. You may be entitled to a refund of the unused premium based on the length of time you’ve had the contract or the mileage you’ve driven.

Is 1800Warranty.com legit?

1800Warranty.com is a legitimate option for anyone who wants vehicle coverage after the manufacturer warranty expires. It offers drivers some advantages over other companies, like its month-to-month subscription, immediate coverage if you get an inspection and the Stacks Reward Plan. To get a quote, call 1800Warranty.com or request more information online.

1800Warranty.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I ended up getting a new vehicle and I needed to get the warranty for it. I decided to go with 1800Warranty over what they were offering me through the dealership and their sign up process was pretty easy. I had it for a previous vehicle too. So, I was already familiar with the service and the product.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I like my warranty. I haven't had to do anything yet, but it's a secure feeling just to have it. I also like that they take the payment off my card, which is better because I don't have to worry about it. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

It's been all right with 1800Warranty so far. But I didn't know that when I make a claim, I got to leave my car. They want your car to sit there till the part comes. I can't be leaving my car. If I can still drive my car, why do I got to wait and leave my car sitting there. Why am I paying insurance for a car to sit there for three days?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The customer service was pretty quick. I called them and they reverted back within a few minutes. We spoke and they provided me with a quote. I gave it a thought and then the next day, I called them back and said that I wanted to do it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

When I called, I was transferred to a representative and she got me set up within 10 minutes. It was great customer service. 1800Warranty is an easy company to deal with. It's customer-friendly. There was no hassle as far as getting set up. Another perk that I like is it's for the lifetime of the car, as long as you own the car. You could own your car as long as you’re gonna have it and be worry-free of having to come out of pocket fully for making it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I recently had a claim with 1800Warranty where they denied it because it was for a transfer case and they said that we didn't get maintenance on it. I found out that there is no maintenance to really get on it. It took about four days before they even denied it. I had to wait two days for them to send an adjuster out there to look at it, which the shop was like, “This is unusual for a transfer case.” If that was the case, they should have said that in the very beginning. They just prolonged and dragged on the days, trying to find a reason not to pay the claim and they didn't pay it. Also, every time you talk to someone, it’s like it has to go to another department. But I never speak to the other department. It’s always relayed through who I'm talking to. It’s like, “We have to talk to the whatever department and then we'll get back with you.”

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My experience was pretty good with customer service team. My wife tried to use the warranty and she said it doesn't cover gaskets. But I thought it covered head gaskets on the vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Setting up the warranty over the phone was fine. We're still working on our claim. We are waiting on parts and waiting on approval.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Their price was cheaper and they guaranteed me that if something major happened to my car, they wouldn't tell the person to go to a junkyard to find a part. The sign up process went pretty smooth. So far, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The claims process was simple. I had the mechanic call them and they spoke. They handled what they could cover. I was very satisfied.

1800Warranty.com Company Information