4.3/5 (31 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About 1800Warranty.com

1800Warranty.com offers vehicle service contracts to customers who want coverage after their factory auto warranty expires. The company’s plans are month-to-month, and you can cancel at any time. Coverage is limited to cars with a model year of at least 2000 and mileage up to 200,000, and it includes emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, ID theft protection and more.

Pros

• Month-to-month subscription
  • $0 deductible available
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Stacks Reward Plan

Cons

• Personal info required for quote
  • No sample contract online

Bottom Line

1800Warranty.com offers four levels of vehicle coverage, with optional tire and wheel protection. Coverage is month-to-month, so there’s no long-term commitment. You can get coverage immediately with a vehicle inspection.

What is 1800Warranty.com?

1800Warranty.com is a provider of vehicle service contracts. The company offers customers month-to-month, no-commitment options for vehicle protection. It has four plans that can be “easily modified,” according to the company. There is also optional tire and wheel coverage.

1800Warranty.com offers several benefits with its plans, including the Stacks Reward Plan. This reward plan reimburses your monthly premiums — minus some fees — if you don’t make any claims. 1800Warranty.com also includes roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and complimentary ID theft protection for you and your family.

How does 1800Warranty.com work?

1800Warranty.com’s process starts with customers getting a free, no-obligation quote. You provide your vehicle’s make, model, year and mileage and the state where you live. You eventually will need the vehicle identification number, information about your car’s features and a photo of the odometer.

You then choose your coverage level and deductible amount. Coverage is based on a monthly subscription, with no long-term contract or other commitments. When you’re ready to buy coverage, you pay for the first month. You're then billed monthly and can cancel whenever.

Coverage starts after a 30-day waiting period; however, you can get coverage right away if you agree to a vehicle inspection.

If your vehicle breaks down and you need to make a claim with 1800Warranty.com, you can take your car to any licensed repair facility and have the mechanic call the number on the contract. You pay the deductible, and 1800Warranty.com pays the rest directly to the repair shop.

1800Warranty.com plans

1800Warranty.com has four levels of coverage: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4:

• Engine
  • Transmission
  • Drivetrain (except mounts)
  • Hybrid/electric vehicle components
  • Seals and gaskets
  • Suspension (only wheel bearings and seals)
  • “Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Plus” (certain components)
Everything in Level 1, plus:
  • Steering
  • Suspension (certain components)
  • Brakes (except anti-lock brake system)
  • Electrical
  • Air conditioning
Everything in Level 2, plus:
  • Brakes (including anti-lock brake system)
  • Enhanced electrical
  • Miscellaneous components
  • “Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Plus”
Everything in Level 3, plus:
  • Drivetrain (including mounts)
  • Suspension (all components except air suspension springs)

Tire and wheel protection can be added to any level of coverage. There are three options for this coverage:

• Tire repair and replacement
  • Tire and wheel repair and replacement
  • Tire and wheel repair and replacement with extended protection to outside face of the wheel

1800Warranty.com costs

The cost of a vehicle service contract from 1800Warranty.com depends on factors such as your car’s make, model and year; the mileage; the level of coverage you choose; and the deductible you select. Starting costs for each plan are:

• Level 1: $39 per month
  • Level 2: $44 per month
  • Level 3: $48 per month
  • Level 4: $55 per month

Deductible options are $0, $100 and $250. Not all deductible options are available for all plans. For exact pricing, including for the tire and wheel option, request a quote online or call 1800Warranty.com.

1800Warranty.com FAQ

What are the age and mileage limits for 1800Warranty.com?

1800Warranty.com only covers vehicles of model year 2000 or newer, with mileage up to 200,000.

Does 1800Warranty.com have a waiting period?

If you have your vehicle inspected, your coverage with 1800Warranty.com starts immediately. Without an inspection, you have to wait 30 days for coverage to start.

Does 1800Warranty.com have a deductible?

1800Warranty.com has different deductible options, depending on the coverage you choose. Your deductible could be $0, $100 or $250.

What is 1800Warranty.com’s cancellation policy?

You can cancel your 1800Warranty.com service contract at any time since it’s a monthly subscription. You may be entitled to a refund of the unused premium based on the length of time you’ve had the contract or the mileage you’ve driven.

Is 1800Warranty.com legit?

1800Warranty.com is a legitimate option for anyone who wants vehicle coverage after the manufacturer warranty expires. It offers drivers some advantages over other companies, like its month-to-month subscription, immediate coverage if you get an inspection and the Stacks Reward Plan. To get a quote, call 1800Warranty.com or request more information online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?

Original review: July 30, 2022

1800Warranty.com said that they were supposed to send me some kind of contract but they never did. I would have liked to sit and read it. Other than that, the purchasing process was all right. The rep was helpful and polite.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2022

1800Warranty.com was the last company that the dealership referred me to. When I did some minor research, they were comparing other warranties against 1800Warranty.com. They were saying 1800Warranty.com was more like a contract and it was rated higher. And I figured that it was a win-win situation because I didn't have to have a contract. It was a month-to-month basis. And the fact that it didn't have an expiration date. It’s as long as you want it. And I said, “Okay. So what happens? You don't want to check out my vehicle? I drive a Mercedes Benz. It’s very nice. But you don't check out the vehicle?”

They said no. If I got a warranty today and next week my engine happened to go, they would question that and maybe not honor it. But they would give you your money back that you had invested. It's best for people who, “Oh. Something's wrong with my car. Let me get a warranty.” People who aren't honest. So they have a protocol that they follow for that. I figured that it was a win-win situation because I only pay 130 for a bumper-to-bumper, so it was inexpensive. And that’s what it was.

When I was talking to the rep, we were going to close at the end of the day so I was gonna grab that price. He said, “I'm going on vacation and I won't be back till next week so I'll give you to so and so.” I felt like it was a little sales push, so that made me hesitate. It was overzealous, and it's because they were trying to make the sale. But another person can look at it like, “Okay, you're going on vacation. You better hurry up and grab this.” But I wasn't in a desperate situation because my warranty had not ran out, so I was just shopping around. And the constant contact about the warranty made me think that it wasn't real.

When the person who he gave me to call me back, I said I would rather just deal with one person. So, he emailed me a sample warranty. And the second one that he gave me was the real warranty, but I have to get one in the mail because I haven't received it. That was when I had to think. I said, “I still have time to get my old warranty back,” because the car dealership happened to not be out of business, but they have moved. So, I had to weigh out those options.

1800Warranty.com response

Hey Lou, Thanks for choosing 1800Warranty for your vehicle protection needs. We take great pride in providing our customers with personalized and informative experiences. We feel that this is a big decision and you as the consumer deserve to be as informed as possible.

Our product is unique and is a true subscription, month-to-month. We handle all claims decisions right here in house. We treat our customers like family and are glad you became a part of that recently.

Again, thank you for our business. We are here for anything you made need.

1800Warranty

Original review: July 28, 2022

The lady I spoke to when she set me up for the extended warranty was informative. She was nice enough to call me back within a certain amount of time once I got my end together.

1800Warranty.com response

Thank you for your choosing us, we appreciate your business. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide this great review. If you need anything further, we are always here to help.

1800Warranty

Original review: July 27, 2022

We were very satisfied with the lady at 1800Warranty.com. Her name was Kendra. She was a very well mannered woman. She spoke professionally and gave us all the answers to the questions we asked her.

1800Warranty.com response

Thank you for your choosing us, we truly value you as a customer. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide this awesome feedback. If you need anything further, we are always here to assist.

1800Warranty

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

When I called, I was transferred to a representative and she got me set up within 10 minutes. It was great customer service. 1800Warranty is an easy company to deal with. It's customer-friendly. There was no hassle as far as getting set up. Another perk that I like is it's for the lifetime of the car, as long as you own the car. You could own your car as long as you’re gonna have it and be worry-free of having to come out of pocket fully for making it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

1800Warranty has a smooth process. The application is quick and easy. Everything was okay. Customer service was good. I'm pretty pleased with the coverage. The cost is reasonable for what you're getting as far as deductible-wise and how many parts the warranty covers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I called 1800Warranty.com and told them what kind of car I had and what I would like to look for. They gave me the Platinum plan and agreement on whatever the monthly payment will be. I said okay and told them to put it on my credit card every month so I don’t keep on mailing out a check. They said there was no problem. It was that easy.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The enrolment with 1800Warranty was not complicated, and the person that I spoke with was quite nice and professional. I was very happy. Everything was explained clearly and succinctly and without a lot of fanfare. It was quite a good experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Everything was done online and it was fairly easy. They had different options depending on what type of warranty protection you needed. The options were fairly reasonable. The service has been fairly decent.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I liked that 1800Warranty.com had a monthly payment. I couldn't come up with a big chunk of money on it. The representative was very nice. The signup was fine but I asked them over 10 times to mail me a hard copy of the warranty but they never did. They kept saying they sent it. I should have gotten it. The lady I talked to said that they sent it, but they never got the green slip back from the post office that they received it. I got tired of fighting with them and I think I'm gonna switch. When I had a claim, they gave me so much crap about filling it. First, they had this excuse about the mileage and it hasn't kicked in yet. I paid extra to get that done so it would be active immediately. They kept coming up with these bogus reasons why they weren't gonna pay. Finally, they did but it took a lot of arguing with them.

1800Warranty.com Company Information