Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
2.04/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Maxcare Auto Warranty Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought the warranty for $3500 last year. Right after I had the MB SUV for one year, it started to have lots of issues. In the last three month, I had transmission replaced $7000, starter, $1603.66, idler pulley $681.56, engine mounts $2691.17. That's $12000 in total. All I have to pay is $500 deductible. Thanks God I still purchased the warranty after seeing the reviews on this website. Otherwise I might be crying right now ‘cause who knows how much I would need to pay to get this car repaired in the next few years.

Original review: May 3, 2019

In the last 2 years I have bought a 2014 Cadillac ATS and a 2009 VW Jetta from CarMax. I hesitantly bought the aftermarket warranty for both. Unfortunately, 4 months after buying my ATS it needed a $3700.00 rear differential replacement. Since I could get the service done at any mechanic I took it to the Cadillac dealer who gave me a loaner. The representative came and looked at my car and approved the repair right away.

Then my Jetta needed $4500.00 front end repair work. The warranty paid for my rental for 5 days, no expense to me. The repair work was approved in one day. I just had to have the CUE replaced on the ATS, $1300.00. Again a loaner and no issue getting approved at all. The warranty and the deductibles together so far have come to $2600.00 and I have have had approx. $9000.00 repair work done, excluding rental cars. I could not be happier with my investment in these warranties and will never buy a used car without one again. Happy guy here!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I see many people with bad experiences with Maxcare on here. I am quite the opposite. I had to have major repairs made on my 2011 A4. A known (Audi) oil consumption issue on the model and year of my car that over time damaged my pistons to the point that they needed to be replaced. For anyone that has ever needed to replace their pistons you know it is a huge repair expense (around $6300 for an Audi A4) because of the required engine teardown! There were also 2 minor oil leaks that needed repairing (around $800.00). MaxCare approved the repairs within 2 hours of being requested. I was working with the Audi Dealership Service Department in Annapolis so these were repairs made by Audi trained mechanics. The only caveat was to provide my service records to show that I was keeping up with the manufacturer recommended routine services (which I had been, thank Goodness).

I would say that I have gotten my money's worth with this warranty. I bought the 125k/6 year warranty for around 4k and I am so glad that I did!!! It has paid for itself and then some and I can now rest easy that I was only out of pocket my deductible (which is pretty high at $500.00) but given the over 7k in repairs, I will gladly pay that in lieu of what it would have been. I still have 35k miles and almost 2 years left on this warranty. I truly hope that I do not need it, but if I do, I have peace of mind knowing that I have it.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I purchased a 2002 Corvette from CarMax. I got the warranty for 6 years 100,000 miles in 2013. In 2016 I had some major problems. I had $18,000,00 in the car and all covered my Maxcare through CarMax. The repair shop owner screwed me and CarMax by putting ** parts in my Corvette. I started seeing the same problems 13 months later and the repair shop closed and took off with a lot of repair money. I called Maxcare and they told me because it was 13 months later they would pay again. The second time was $12.000 in repairs and they paid 100% again. It is a great company. I now have a different car, another Corvette and looking for a secondary warranty company and cannot find one.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Perhaps it is because I had to go through an actual dealer for repairs vs. having Carmax do the repairs, but my experience has been amazing. Within a month of buying a Porsche Cayman, I developed a strange noise in the transmission. I took the car to my local Porsche dealer and, long story short, two months later my car has a new transmission. I paid only my $300 co-pay and Maxcare covered the remaining amount (nearly $10K) without blinking an eye. Within two months, Maxcare has paid for itself 4 times over and I still have 5 years to go on the warranty. If you are considering an expensive vehicle, I'd highly recommend opting for Maxcare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maxcare Auto Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I had called The CarCare number that was given to me by the Carmax guy. His name was Kenneth. Anyway I call the CarCare number and a lady answers. I explain to her the issue at hand. That my car was serviced. And 2 weeks after that same problem arose. I feel I should NOT have to pay a 2nd deductible. The car should had been fixed the 1st time. While she's giving me the run around and stumbling over the lies she's telling me I ask to finally speak to her Supervisor.

I wanted a letter or an email stating that Carcare will not assist me with the waiver of the 2nd deductible. She nor the Supervisor never got back to me. It has been 2 days now and no response. I paid over 3000 dollars for that warranty and they won't even work with me?! Nonsense. So you know what?..All of my future payments for the car...I am sending them your way. And you people can take care of my payments. What did I pay for?? Not even a phone call back! So unprofessional! BBB is next with a review from me.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My customer brought her vehicle in for a simple repair, a washer pump. Called, got an Auth # and ordered the part. Did the repair. Called for payment. Here is where the trouble started. My shop had moved since the last time we did work for one of their policy holders. This started a 3 hour battle to get paid. I had to have the customer call to get the information I needed to get them in order to move forward. After all this they changed what they were willing to pay 3 times. BBW of this outfit. They are not easy to work with and everyone you talk to will give you a different answer.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased a 2011 Infiniti G37 3 years ago. Since then, I’ve had to replace the slave cylinder because my clutch went out, I had to replace my transmission, couple malfunctions like my windows not going up and down properly, and now my AC stopped working and found out I had to get a new condenser because it’s cracked. THEY DID NOT COVER A PENNY.

They said they cover “only mechanical issues.” My condenser that needs to be replaced is considered a mechanical issue. The part is a condenser radiator dual part meaning it’s sold as an assembly which is about $600 and they denied it. I’m not sure why it cracked but I told them maybe I hit a rock or something and they said they wouldn’t cover it because it wasn’t a malfunction in the part. They need to do an inspection before approving it but why does an inspection need to be done if I was just told it won’t be covered because it wasn’t a part failure? In the 3 years I’ve had their warranty, I haven’t used it once because they didn’t want to cover anything. As of today, I’m canceling my warranty because it’s a WASTE OF MONEY and having the rest of the amount go towards my premium. It’s a freaking scam.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We purchased a 2012 Nissan Rogue from CarMax, with the MaxCare Extended Warranty up to 100,000 miles. At 91,000 miles the car shook to a stop and went dead. We called MaxCare and they told us they would cover a wrecker and we could send it to any repair shop that is authorized. I looked up the nearest one and MaxCare stated they were approved. So we had it TOWED to that location.

The service shop diagnosed the problem as the radiator had blown out and leaked coolant into the engine causing the spark plugs to be fouled and damaging the engine beyond repair. Maxcare paid to repair the radiator that caused the problem, but refused to pay for the engine. We called MaxCare several times trying to get an understanding as to why they are covering the part (radiator) that caused all the damage, but not the parts (engine) that were ruined as a result.

MaxCare representatives first claimed that after the car stopped working on the day of the radiator being blown, we continued to drive it, driving it to the repair facility. We pointed out that we did not drive it, and they are actually paying for the TOW bill showing they towed it. They then transferred me to a "Supervisor" who stated that it wasn't because we drove it, but it was denied due to "Never having coolant in the vehicle EVER". We stated that is impossible and ridiculous over the life of any car to never have coolant in it. We asked to see the inspector's report (that they sent) that they used to deny claim and they stated that it is "in house only" and won't release it.

We spoke to an attorney who then pointed out that in the warranty contract, we agreed to arbitration with MaxCare to resolve any issues, and to call Maxcare back and clarify the exact reason it is being denied. We called back a third time, and MaxCare again stated that we drove the car to the repair shop (I again pointed out the wrecker charge). They then stated "The car has never had COOLANT, causing the radiator to blow out, which in turn caused COOLANT to leak into the engine". I pointed out the obvious mistake that coolant couldn't leak into the engine if it never had coolant in it.

I asked for the mistakes to be changed, and they stated no. I asked who made these mistakes and who to contact about it. The "Supervisor" stated that there was no one to contact or to appeal to, and we would have to go ahead with our choice to go to arbitration. She stated she knew CarMax was being evasive, but there was no one else for us to speak to about the obvious mistakes/lies.

Original review: June 19, 2019

It is very hard to find dealerships willing to take this. The closest one to us is 45 minutes away. There isn't one in our county or any surrounding zip codes to us. It would be nice if they would branch out. They also need to improve their rental car policy. When I used my extended warranty last time they set me up with a rental through Enterprise. My local Enterprise was out of cars. They did not have a contract with any other rental companies so I was forced to pay out of pocket at Hertz and get reimbursed after a few weeks. It's great in theory, just needs improvements.

Maxcare Auto Warranty Company Information