Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 3 stars3%
  • 2 stars0%
  • 1 stars3%

www.trustmarkwarranty.com

Trustmark Warranty provides Vehicle Service Contracts to buyers and sellers of used vehicles nationwide. Trustmark Warranty's number one priority is customer service, backed by committed employees. Their mission is to assist you in finding a Vehicle Service Contract or warranty that best suits your needs. Call for a free quote today!

Trustmark Warranty is offered throughout the United States, except for Alaska, Florida and Massachusetts.

Hello Saad,

Thank you kindly for sharing your satisfaction with your Trustmark Warranty and the coverage it provides for your Odyssey. Safe driving!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

We just bought the Odyssey and we were looking for an extended warranty. And then we found Trustmark online and then we decided to go with them. Their price and that they cover immediately are the reasons why we chose them. They also have the four-year option and have extra stuff like covering GPS. It was a smooth and an easy purchasing experience. This is the best company I found.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our manufacturer's warranty was expired, so we purchased an extended warranty from Trustmark. They don't have many complaints on ConsumerAffairs and other similar sites online. Their price was more reasonable for the number of years and miles that they gave us compared to other warranty companies, and they didn't require an inspection. It was very easy to purchase it. Their representative was very helpful and answered all my questions. He took his time and stayed with me on the phone while he talked me through it online. I'm very satisfied with my experience with them so far.

My mechanic advised me that I should get an auto warranty for the type of car that I owned and that it would be necessary in the future. Trustmark Warranty has no waiting period, their warranty was a lot cheaper and they have a lot more extensive warranty coverage. Their purchasing process was very quick and easy. I did it all in 15 minutes. I did my research and I called and asked a couple of questions. And then afterwards, I purchased on the website. I already filed a claim for my power steering that went out on my car and the process was very quick and easy. It was great to have a warranty. Also, Trustmark website was very easy to understand. One could easily navigate through their website to see what they're looking for. They have big bold letters with no fine print so they could see what was excluded and was covered on their warranty. There was no question marks and I love that. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have an extended warranty on our house and we even carry pet insurance, so I thought that an extended warranty for the car is a wise thing to have because it's getting older. Trustmark seemed to be the best based on the online reviews and purchasing their plan was very simple and quick. I did it all online and it was very easy to do.

Hello Vincent,

We are thrilled that you're pleased with the purchase of your Trustmark Warranty. We greatly appreciate the time you took to let us know of your experience. We wish you all the best!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I have looking for sometime to find an extended warranty company for my 2004 Chevy. After some extensive research I found Trustmark. They do not do any advertising unlike their competitors & thankfully so as the huge savings they afford their potential customers is worth it. Although I have not put the warranty to the test yet I can only hope that, that experience will be as painless and trouble free as the sign up process! P.S. being Consumer Affairs accredited only helps...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an extended warranty before and I'm on a fixed income, so it seemed like the thing to do. Trustmark had been in business for 26 years and I figured a company that’s been around that long was doing something right. It also seemed like their newest product is very good. They didn’t go into how to file claims but they said all those will be covered in the package that I got. I haven’t received the package but it looks like it's fairly easy. Everything was explained to me pretty clearly and it seemed like it covers all the normal things that I would think a warranty would cover. There are things I'm sure aren't covered, but I wouldn’t expect things like the brake fuse and brake pads in a normal way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm buying a used car and I always like to have some assurance that in maybe six months that something major is not going to break. A lot of the warranty companies have to be at 1,000 miles and 30 days. With Trustmark, there was no waiting period. If something broke down within 30 days I'm subject to the administrator’s approval. Ali was one of the associates there and she’s very friendly and answered any questions I had. There was no pressure, no follow-up phone calls and no barrage of emails. The plan really sells itself once the fine print is read. I'd definitely recommend it to somebody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a car that's not new whose warranty has expired on certain parts. I like to have all parts of my car covered, so I chose the same warranty, Trustmark since they seem to be better and better. The purchasing was very simple and easy especially when I talked Andrea. She explained the benefits and what I needed to do regarding the car. She was a very sweet person and patient as well. I had trouble trying to do so many things at one time and she helped guide me thoroughly throughout the process. She didn't display any hesitation or hurry. So far Trustmark is living up to their name - keeping the commitment and standing up to their mission, statement and promise. I'm very pleased so far. It's been a very positive experience compared to the others I've been through.

Hello Bradford,

We're so pleased to count you as a Trustmark Warranty customer! And we're also pleased you found the ease of purchasing exactly what you needed from our website an easy process. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I wanted to be able to keep the car for a few years so I bought an extended auto warranty. That would be the best way to ensure that any major things that go wrong would be covered. I thought of the best value for the dollar and with Trustmark, I got three years and 36,000 miles for a pretty reasonable price and that was the best option when I evaluated a few other places along with it. It's a company I haven't heard of before so I was a little hesitant but I read a few reviews out on the internet and they were positive about it. Other than that, it was the easiest thing in the world to apply for. I did it online and it was very straightforward. Information on what was covered as well as the different options I had and the cost for different term lengths were provided on their website.

I decided to keep my vehicle for a few more years so looked into getting an extended auto warranty from Trustmark. Chose them for their price. Did it all online and it was pretty easy.

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your feedback. At Trustmark Warranty, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with industry leading coverage and personalized customer service. As such, one of our customer service representatives will contact you within 2 business days to answer any questions or concerns you may have.  We certainly do sympathize with your situation, but it is clearly stated in all of our policies that preexisting issues/failures are not covered.

Had you purchased a Trustmark policy before your truck broke down, the repairs (as outlined in your review) are items covered by our policies and you would have had the additional benefit of calling our 24/7 roadside assistance hotline, any day of the week, and received a free tow service (up to 150 miles) to the accredited service station of your choice to have the truck repaired.

With your Trustmark policy now in place, we look forward to the opportunity to serve you, and your truck, should future problems arise.

And thank you again for your input regarding the clarity of the website -  as the matter is currently under review.

Best regards,

Trustmark Warranty

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Trustmark had the option to use a second party bank to finance the cost of having the extended warranty. And so they broke the cost for the warranty over a three year period time. Most of the other warranty companies, they require a huge down payment right off the bat before they cover you. But the only thing about Trustmark was, since they are on the west coast and if you're on the east coast, you'll have to wait till it's late in the day before they even get to start handling anything. And then they are also not open on the weekend. So you end up paying out of pocket to get your truck fixed if it breaks on the weekend.

My truck ended up with a battery and alternator problem on a fourth of July weekend, and I ended up having it towed to National Tire and Battery that Friday. But they didn't get to it till that Saturday to determine what was even the problem. By that Saturday morning, I had already signed up with Trustmark. And so they called around and said, "Well your truck was already broke before..." So they can't cover it. I ended up having to pay $1,800 out of pocket to get the alternator fixed, battery replaced then had to have the truck reprogrammed to the keys. But now on the website it says you're covered day 1 whenever you signed up. The extended warranty is valuable provided if they cover it because they still have to approve or disapprove it. The terms and conditions and more details need to be stated on the website, so that you can make a sound decision whether or not to go with them or not.

I've had Trustmark for over a month and they seem to be the cheapest auto warranty provider with the best quality. Purchasing the plan was very easy and their rep was really nice. I gave him my credit card number and he set everything up.

I needed an extended auto warranty for my car and I've read very good reviews about Trustmark Warranty so I bought the protection plan from them. I called one of their sales representatives and it went fine. He took care of everything for me and I didn't have any issues.

I am an insurance person and I believe in warranties so I have one myself. I searched through Google, then I saw Trustmark's ad and I liked their price. Compared to others, they were offering the same coverage for less money. Their rep was very friendly, engaging, informative, and so far, I am pleased. Their rep did what she said, and she put it online for me. A few days later, I got it in the mail and got the person on note. I had a Visa card with it which was very nice but I don't know what happened with the card. I used it for a total of $23, and then it was declined from that point on.

Hello Steven,

We're so glad to hear you liked the coverage that a Trustmark Warranty provides. Wish you happy and safe driving!

Original review: July 28, 2016

Trustmark was a bit more inclusive over other providers so I decided to give them a try. I acquired an extended warranty from them to make sure that my car is covered. Everything went well. It was a straightforward experience.

I want to make sure that I have something that I can feel secure about my cars and my trucks. I had another insurance company before and even if I didn't use the warranty, I felt better. However, I checked everyone and Trustmark had good reviews compared to that company and the others. They are also also local in California where I live.

When I purchased the warranty, I filled in the application and the next day, I got a call from this lady who is the one who explained how it works and what the insurance would cover. It was very nice and I chose working on it through the website so I was able to understand more which I didn't have with the other company. For instance, my truck is a newer model and I still have warranty on it so Trustmark don't have to cover that because Ford would cover it. Things like that would be important and good for me to know because I don't have to take it to a shop and assume that Trustmark would have to pay for it. So it was good at the beginning and hopefully, it will continue that way. So far, I like the insurance I got from them and I'm going to add my daughter's car on it.

I just got my first car, so I desperately needed an auto warranty to help me out and walk me through the whole process. I saw some good reviews on it, so I decided to give Trustmark a call and ask for more information regarding their warranty. When I called they helped out a lot and gave me all the information I needed and explained in depth what the warranty covered. There was also a lot of information on the site itself. I liked that all I had to do was fill in a quote, and that it was affordable because I'm a college student. They get a lot of things covered for the price. So it was a pretty good experience because I'm young and new to warranties. I just got it a week ago and I haven't used it yet, but I'm satisfied with them.

I just purchased a car and a friend of mine in the auto warranty industry told me to look into getting a warranty. So, I looked on the internet, and read about it. I called several companies, but didn't like their waiting period, as well as the mileage that we should have before we could claim. On the other hand, Trustmark's rep gave me a lot of information, and clarified a lot of things that the others didn't. I had a couple of questions that she went over with me, and she made it easier to understand. I also liked Trustmark's payment plan, so I purchased from them.

No response received

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently looking into the situation and will have a customer service representative contact you within 2 business days. We work hard to provide industry leading coverage, while doing our utmost to ensure all of our policies are easy to understand. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I canceled my contract with Trustmark seven days after I got it. I bought a car which was a lemon and returned it. I thought the catalytic converter was covered in Trustmark's plan. I looked into my policy and it says nothing on the warranty coverage about catalytic converters. I can’t get my license renewed if I have a check engine light on, which is what the catalytic converter does. It is a major item. Also, claims submission did not go well. I filed it through the dealership. I told them I had the warranty and gave them the information. I was there when they called Trustmark. Nobody answered. Trustmark didn’t get back to me the same day and they said they would. I’m not pleased.

Representatives seem to understand their products and what is covered so they were very helpful. The warranty seems to be just what I wanted and needed and I hope they are as easy to deal with if we ever have a claim.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought a vehicle and the warranty on the car was coming to an end. I was looking online at different warranty providers and I saw Trustmark Warranty. I liked the rate they had so I went with them. Their vehicle protection specialists were very knowledgeable and helpful. They walked me through the steps that I needed to do to make sure that I got the right plan and everything went smoothly. I've enjoyed my experience with Trustmark.

I'm a realtor so I use home warranties and have a lot of experience with them. But when I bought my vehicle, it was used and the amount for the warranty I was offered was outrageous (four grand). I knew that wasn’t going to work for me. This vehicle is well-kept, but I know that I'm going to have issues with it. Other than reading what the Trustmark warranty covers, one of the reasons why I chose them was the simple and easy experience when purchasing. In two or three clicks, I knew what my choices were, what they cover and the cost a month. It was also easy when I went to pay. The Trustmark representative was helpful, upbeat and positive. I feel like I could call that person at any point in time when I need help with anything. I had an excellent experience. I would recommend Trustmark to other people or to at least look at their website.

Trustmark Warranty

We greatly appreciate your feedback Amanda, and we're so glad that you were so happy with your first Trustmark Warranty, that you're going to purchase another one! We aim to provide the best possible product and experience for our clients.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I needed to have an extended auto warranty on my car because it was so old. Trustmark Warranty's price was really good other than they offered everything that I needed to cover my car. I bought the warranty online. It was really easy and it took me five minutes. The Trustmark rep was really nice and he told me everything I needed to know. I filed a claim with Trustmark when my car needed tie rods. I love having an extended warranty. Trustmark Warranty is great. My experience with them has been fabulous and they fixed everything I needed to be fixed on the car. Unfortunately, I have to cancel with my car because I had traded him for another one. I’m waiting for my old one to cancel and then, I’m going to get a new one on my new car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got offered extended auto warranty when I purchased the vehicle last year and I wasn’t really happy with the offerings from the dealership. The coverage for the price was not worth the value. I've been shopping around for the last few months and based off the ratings that Trustmark Warranty had and people’s experiences, I decided to jump the gun and get a plan for me. My father decided to get a plan for himself, too.

Their representatives didn't explain benefits or how to file claims, but as far as the actual plan itself, I did everything online so I'm sure I would have read the fine print and it would have gotten me through everything I needed to know. The main thing I was worried about was price and coverage and that was easily described on the checkout for them. I got cool personal service. After I signed up I get assigned an account rep and they mailed me the packet to my home address. Everything is handwritten, like the thank you cards that I thought were interesting.

Everything went smoothly when I purchased the warranty from Trustmark.

We just bought a used vehicle that had 100,000 miles on it, and anything can go wrong after that. So I checked two warranty providers. The first one was for 100,000 miles, but it was $2,800 with $113 a month and covered the same thing that Trustmark covered. I got their three-year, 36,000 miles for $79 a month, so the price was my main thing. Purchasing the plan was very easy. They called me a couple times when I needed any more information, and then they called me to thank me for purchasing their product. The specialist was very knowledgeable about what I was looking for. They were also very pleasant to talk to.

I have a car I haven't used in a while. I'll be using it more frequently now and wanted to make sure I had a good warranty to cover it. Trustmark Warranty covers a lot more components of a car than other companies and their prices were a lot more competitive. Purchasing the protection plan was outstanding. The rep went through everything and answered my questions and concerns. The specialists who spoke to me about my plan were patient, courteous and very knowledgeable about their product. Trustmark is doing an outstanding job. I'm very grateful that I found them.

Trustmark Warranty

Thank you for your feedback, Amy! We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with Trustmark Warranty.

Original review: April 26, 2016

I purchased a used vehicle and got a warranty from Trustmark because they had day one coverage. The warranty specialist was great and overall, it was an easy process.

Trustmark Warranty

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trustmark Warranty, Willie. It is much appreciated and glad the Trustmark Warranty team met your expectations.

Original review: April 22, 2016

Had a fine experience with Trustmark. Their reps were great and they explained everything to me.

I've been with Trustmark for over a month now and so far, so good. My mileage was getting up on the car but it’s running well so I wanted to keep it that way and got a warranty from them. There were a couple of providers I talked to, but Trustmark sounded like they were a good way to go. It was an easy experience and it worked out fine.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded over 25 years ago, Trustmark Warranty is a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) company that is backed by an A rated insurance company with $32 billion in assets, giving vehicle owners peace of mind when they’re on the road. Consumers can get quotes online directly, with coverage effective immediately. The VSC covers auto repairs in addition to roadside assistance like towing and tire replacement.

• Multiple options: Drivers can choose the term that works best for them whether they want 12 months/12,000 mile coverage, 24 month/24,000 mile coverage or 36 month/36,000 mile coverage.
  • Tow for over 100 miles: All Trustmark Vehicle Service Contracts come with a benefit of up to 150 miles of towing, which is the best in the industry.
  • Available in most states: Trustmark Warranty is available in all states except for Alaska, Florida and Massachusetts.
  • All-over vehicle coverage: A VSC from Trustmark Warranty covers a car’s engine, transmission, turbocharger and other parts in addition to providing 24/7 roadside assistance.
  • Immediate coverage: Your coverage starts the day you sign up for your VSC, so you don’t need to meet minimum mileage requirements or wait for a certain period of time.
  • Best for High-mileage drivers, used car owners, busy families, and drivers of newer cars that are soon to be out of warranty.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile