Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've tried buying an extended warranty on any vehicles that I buy, if I can. I've had two prior warranties with AUL, which is affiliated with Trustmark. But when I called them and asked how I could go about getting another warranty on a third vehicle that I was purchasing, they said that they didn't do warranty retail but Trustmark does, because I was buying the vehicle from a dealer that was 300 miles from my home and he didn't do the extended warranty.

I've had good luck with my warranties. They've always followed through. Sometimes, though, it might take an extra day to get the work done because they have to consult with adjusters. But other than that, I've had things fixed without any problems, and I've gone to a variety of different places where they haven't fixed these things. When the repair work has been done and the adjusters have done what they said they were going to do, I've always gotten exactly what I paid for. If something was broken, I paid $100 and they fixed the problem, and sometimes those were expensive repairs.

There was one other thing with their service that was cool. I traded my second vehicle in on a third vehicle, but I wasn't able to carry the 22% warranty left for my second vehicle over to my third vehicle because I was going from AUL to Trustmark. I showed them the contract stating that I had purchased a new vehicle and what the mileage was when I got rid of my old vehicle, and they refunded 22% of my premium because it was unused, and I had zero difficulty getting the refund. I just had to go through the dealer that I bought the original vehicle through and he helped me with the cancellation.

One thing that bothered me a little bit was when they were offering a $150 card for people who were signing up for the warranty on Black Friday, and this lasted for a while. I wasn't able to get the warranty before the end of November and they said they'll send me a $50 card anyway. But they offered the exact, same $150 reward for purchasing the warranty at Christmas time, and I felt a little slighted on that, since I thought that they were offering the reward just moments before and after. They could have done that, especially since I was seeking up my third warranty with them. Nevertheless, I have recommended them to a friend on several occasions, and would continue looking to them for warranties for my future vehicles.

My son purchased a car and I figured he needed an extended warranty for it. Trustmark Warranty offered a good plan and I liked their pricing. Furthermore, the people there are very nice to talk to. They were very understanding with all my questions and answered these completely. I liked the way they handled things. I was trying to see what the plan covered and asked them to send me a copy, and they were very thorough and did that with no problem. They always responded to what I wanted. The extended auto warranty gives us peace of mind. Hopefully, it would be very valuable down the line.

My warranty was running out so I decided to get another one. I looked on the internet and the person I talked to from Trustmark Warranty when I purchased the protection plan was very pleasant and helpful. He was very knowledgeable and answered all questions that I had. I was mostly concerned with electrical parts and he showed me where to read that in the contract because it was electrical parts on one section then another set of parts in the other. He took me through both of them and let me read those. And one of the things I really liked was that he took his time with me and was very patient. I couldn't ask for a better experience with him.

But when I purchased the contract, I didn't do a check. I just gave Trustmark my bank account number and they told me I now had my contract and that I can go use it. Then a couple of weeks later, Trustmark called, telling me that my payment of $400 didn't go through so I called them back after I got the letters from Spectrum and they told me that they made a mistake when I gave them the lettering. They had put one wrong number on it. I had to give it to them again and now my payments went through.

When I filed a claim, they said the part was denied. I asked why and the explanation they gave me was that the part isn't covered. I questioned them back on why wasn't it covered so they went through the contract and said that they'd cover half of it and I would pay the other half. I had no problem paying for it but I wondered why I was going through that kind of problem which made me throw a fit. So I took the car away from the dealership and didn't even have it done.

The part in purchasing the contract and getting it was a very good experience and I would have turned back and recommended Trustmark to anyone but the experience I had with having to use the contract wasn't that good of an experience to me. They claimed things and said this and that is good. Right now, I still have a contract but I'm thinking about canceling it. The reason why I haven't is because I need it but the experience that I went through makes me feel that maybe I ought to look somewhere else because the next time I take the car for a claim, I might go through this problem again. If it happens again, then that's when I'll be canceling the contract.

I've always had an auto warranty and the one I had with a different company expired. That one was with the dealership and I switched to Trustmark Warranty for their fast and convenient service. I purchased my protection plan online and I have not yet filed any claim with them.

Hello Andrea,
So pleased to hear that your experience with the Trustmark Warranty team was a positive one! We strive to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry, so your kind words are much appreciated!

Happy New Year's to you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I got an auto warranty from Trustmark since the car that I just purchased didn't have a warranty with it. I've only dealt with their reps once when I got the policy and they were good, courteous, and professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

Hi Benjamin,
Very pleased to welcome you as a Trustmark Warranty client. Appreciate the kind words and glad to hear the purchase experience was an easy one.

Happy New Year's to you!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

My car was just about to roll 100,000 so I decided to acquire an auto warranty. I heard about Trustmark in a show that I listened on the radio and then I did a bit of research, and Trustmark seemed reasonable. So, I went online and filled out the form. It was an easy process.

My father had Trustmark Warranty once and he referred it to me. It was quick and easy working with their sales rep. I received the paperwork in the mail the other day and I haven’t had any problems so far.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Ryan,

Disappointed to hear that your vehicle wasn't one of the ones that can be covered by a Trustmark Warranty. But glad you did the cost comparison to find out that Trustmark Warranty was the most competitive, and very pleased to hear the Trustmark team served you well. Know that your money was completely refunded and hope that you'll once again choose a Trustmark Warranty for a future vehicle. Happy New Year's to you!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I bought a vehicle so I shopped around for an extended auto warranty. After comparing quotes from different companies, I ended up purchasing from Trustmark because they were a couple of hundred dollars lower. I got the quote online but I purchased it over the phone. The people I spoke with were helpful. However, after I purchased it, they found out they don’t cover my vehicle that I had. So they had to cancel the policy and refund everything.

I am getting vehicle repairs done and I have extended warranty from Trustmark. They are a great company. I would recommend them to whoever is looking for a warranty program. The staff was really nice and didn't get no hassle about my repairs being fixed.

I felt like getting an extended auto warranty was a good thing to do. Most of the dealerships are a little bit more expensive so I did some research, shopped around on the internet, and found Trustmark. One of their motivating factors was that the coverage begins on day one. You don’t have to wait 30 days or 1,000 miles or whichever comes first type of thing. Also, its pricing was a little bit better. I purchased the plan online and got the information back as soon as I’ve registered for the warranty very quickly so I was very happy. I hope that I don’t have to use it but if I do, I know it’s fair. I would definitely recommend them.

The car that I have has 90,000 miles on it so I wanted to be protected for the next few years in case anything happens to it. I like Trustmark's price and payment options so I got a protection plan from them which I purchased online.

Excellent service but technician did not come when originally scheduled. Called us and rescheduled at last minute which made it very inconvenient for us. Also, service tech did not leave an invoice showing work done when he left.

Trustmark was very simple as far as everything that was laid out there. It was pretty self-explanatory and the sales person that I spoke to was really nice. She explained how it worked and answered whatever questions I had. She was very accommodating. There was no pressure at all. The other people I spoke to felt like they were trying to sell me a used car all over again. They were very rude, so I decided that Trustmark was the better company to go with. Though I'm a little concerned with filing a claim as far as how simple a process that will be, but all the reviews I read online about Trustmark are good. Everyone has had a good experience. I’m pretty optimistic that it should be a pleasant experience if I ever have to use the insurance. So far, I would recommend it.

My factory warranty was expiring, so I looked into auto warranty and went with Trustmark because the price was great. I had checked the pricing with about 10 different companies, including the manufacturer, and Trustmark's price was quite a bit lower and they covered a few things that the other warranty providers didn't. Now, I just have to see how the service will be.

I haven’t had a chance to use the services yet, but just it being completely online was amazing and the process was very seamless. I really liked that it wasn’t a lot of follow up calls that were pretty much bugging us. The forms were very easy to read through. Trustmark was the cheapest provider and there was no long waiting period to utilize the warranty. Because typically, it's a 30-day wait or 1000 miles, but Trustmark is the only one I found that doesn't have a waiting period. So far, it’s awesome.

I would have to say that Adria ** is a great agent. I had a problem, she told me she call me back with a solution and she did. Great worker. The manager she worked with was also great. You cannot beat the terms of this warranty. I have never seen anything like it. I am going to recommend it to all of my friends.

I didn't like the warranty from the dealership so I've looked up for extended warranty and Trustmark Warranty has great marks. Because of their reputation, I was prompted to go with them. I called them and got a quote. They followed up with me and did the paperwork for me. Their process was very easy. They have been phenomenal and highly recommended.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to make sure you understood the only reason customer service asked for the downpayment, is that Trustmark Warranty cannot legally pay a claim until a policy has been purchased. As for the claim itself, the website and contract clearly state preexisting conditions are not covered. Additionally, the mileage information you provided at the time of purchase differed greatly from the actual mileage upon your claim just four days later. For these reasons, the claim was denied.

While we hope you decide to retain your warranty to protect against future covered repairs, we will gladly refund your payments to date, if requested.

Best regards,

Trustmark Warranty

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I thought it would be smart to get an extended auto warranty. Trustmark was the first one I found on the internet and they came back with a good review. My first payment with them didn’t go through with the bank account even though the money was there so I went ahead, turned around, and had it redone again through a credit card. They were so adamant about getting my payment in. Then I already had a claim in for the repair with my transmission two weeks after I got the warranty. It was a good timing. However, it was absolutely crap with the protection plan specialist. They say they were gonna cover all the parts of the warranty but then after I had an issue popped up, all of sudden now they don't cover the parts of the transmission that they said they did. They need to refund my money back because I went ahead and gave the payment like they had requested and then they denied everything to do with the claim.

I've purchased some used cars in the past and had some issues, and my brother said I needed to get an extended warranty. Trustmark's Better Business Bureau rating was very high and it seemed like it was a very easy procedure to deal with them. I spoke with Adria who was very professional, helpful, and easy to speak with. She had a genuine concern that everything go well with me and that we were doing everything step by step as needed. She valued my time and responded to any calls I had. I'm very satisfied thus far and the experience was fairly positive with one exception. I tried to log in during the evening hours to submit and purchase a plan, and I had to wait until the following morning and then reach out and call their 800 number and make it count. It might have been a browser issue, but it just didn't work on my attempt.

My previous warranty had expired so I purchased Trustmark Warranty, an extension of AUL, which I previously had. Signing up was wonderful. I felt pretty good about my exchange specifically knowing it was AUL and I knew the service I got with them so I was pretty much trusting the whole process. Their specialist was very helpful, informative and answered all the questions I needed to have answered. I noticed they were offering $100 and I made my purchase in October so I was hoping that they would be able to honor that. I've already recommended Trustmark.

It's beneficial to have extended auto warranty. I went online and there were a lot of companies that offered such but then I found out that Trustmark Warranty's parent company was AUL which I dealt with before. It was a reputable company so I figured Trustmark would be, too.

Trustmark Warranty was offered to us when we bought the car. I called four or five different companies and Trustmark was the most reasonable in terms of pricing. Everybody seems professional and I liked the fact that they were in business for a long time. Also, we were on our way back to California and I wanted somebody who was in California because we have a home there.

My friend recommended that I should get a warranty and said Trustmark was good and fast. But when Ford dealer called, nobody from Trustmark called them back. I had to call Trustmark and I got a lady over the phone who had someone to call Ford then follow up. They didn't call the Ford dealer until 48 hours later. I didn't see any value in having the vehicle protection plan. Trustmark didn't approve the service for my driveline so I had to pay out of my pocket. It was my first time to use the extended warranty and I didn't have a good experience.

I recently purchased an extended auto warranty from Trustmark Warranty and from the beginning I found their service exemplary. It was easy to purchase directly online, price was fair, coverage much more complete than competitors (no lowball entry price then a bunch of add-ons), and no pushy sales people calling you back several times. However when you call Trustmark, they are very helpful and courteous, and go above and beyond to assist you.

My car warranty was ending. I went online and saw that Trustmark Warranty seemed to be pretty affordable. And so, I decided to check into a little bit for it. I contacted them and their rep gave me some information. He was friendly and helpful.

Trustmark Warranty's extended warranty is a good offer and I already recommended two persons to get them, too. Everything is awesome on their website. One can always check real-time suggestion for which warranty is eligible for them. However, there should be one more option to log in and pay monthly payment or see the balance for convenience.

I use the warranty on my vehicle a lot, and it was expiring, so I purchased a protection plan from Trustmark. I did it online, and it was really easy. The website was very easy to navigate. I’m still making payments but it's a lot better knowing that I have a warranty.

I like to be prepared for the future so I got an extended auto warranty. With Trustmark, it was easy to do everything online. For instance, I don't have to call to someone to call me back regarding the price. Plus, I can choose everything online and do it the same day. However, Trustmark doesn't have all the brands.

I bought a vehicle. Then, I was shopping online for an extended warranty and found the price I was looking for. I purchased the protection plan online, and it's pretty easy. I returned the car and we bought another one, so, I replaced the policy with another Trustmark policy. They were nice enough to refund the premium. I'm sure the refund was written in the contract that way but I wasn't expecting it. Overall, it was a great experience.

Factual basis uncertain

Trustmark Warranty

Unfortunately, you made the claim only 13 miles after purchasing your Trustmark Warranty. However, in good faith, we sent an inspector to see if your transmission issue was somehow a repair that was not due to a pre-existing condition. The transmission oil, however, was smokey, indicating that this had been a pre-existing condition. Additionally, the Trustmark Warranty contract clearly states that it does not cover cars that are being used for taxis or public hire. When the inspector arrived to look at the transmission, there were Uber stickers on the front and rear windshields. We are sorry this did not work out this time and wish you all the best.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

My whole experience dealing with Trustmark was very upsetting. I got the warranty and drove down to Los Angeles. They said they wanted to void my warranty because I had Uber. I don’t drive for Uber or Lyft. I can provide documentation and everything from the companies stating that I don’t drive for them due to my driving record. Trustmark still couldn’t honor it. All of a sudden, they came out to try to do an inspection on the car ‘cause I needed a transmission replaced, and I told them I just wanted to go ahead and get the car fixed. I cancelled my whole contract and no longer do business with Trustmark.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile