Trustmark Warranty

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our original extended auto warranty had run out and we didn't have a warranty. I talked to Trustmark over the phone and I liked the communication that I felt. I was more comfortable with their pricing than anyone else and they were knowledgeable about the product. Last week the air conditioner of my wife's Ford Edge had quit cooling on the way back from going out of town on a hot day. We had to take it in and get it checked out. That was unexpected and Trustmark Warranty handled the claim the same day we took in the car. They approved the fixing of the car, air conditioner, and all on it. It was done expediently and we're very pleased. We couldn't ask for better service. I would tell a friend or someone about them if they're looking for an extended warranty.

I buy a lot of used cars with the higher miles and I decided to look around and see if there was a warranty. I've looked at two others and both were not open to the higher miles on the car that I bought. Typically I don't buy warranties but this time around I did. I thought if I did have a major problem, it would be nice to have a warranty. I went with Trustmark and I made the purchase online and it went perfectly. The one observation I have is that nowhere in the contract nor the form I filled out online did they ask how many miles were on the car. They had to have that because I told them that it had a 160,000. The printed contract I have has a place in it for the odometer reading but it was not filled in. So, I don't know how anybody would know that I was within the allotted miles if I were to have a repair. But overall, my experience has been flawless. It was a good value as a security blanket.

I decided to have an extended auto warranty to keep the car longer than normal and to cover the car for any repair. I inquired about Trustmark's protection plan online then I got a phone call, got the information and had a good interaction with their rep. I went through the internet to enroll and it was easy. I've been with them since a month ago.

The van we bought had 60,000 miles on it and I wanted a little more protection. Trustmark had the best coverage for the price. I purchased the plan mostly online but they called me a couple of times and everything was great. The specialist I spoke with was really good and he explained everything to me. Trustmark is a great company for the coverage I got and the price that was given.

I was online shopping for a service contract for one or more of my vehicles when I ran across Trustmark. I got quotes from several companies but I spoke to somebody from Trustmark a couple of times, got a copy of what the coverages were and based on their price, I chose to go with them. Buying the vehicle protection plan from them was a simple and benign experience. They answered my questions and said that I would get a package which will contain all the information I needed when I need it and for filing claims. So, that was a plus factor for me. Doreen, the specialist, was pleasant, knowledgeable and professional.

I purchased a vehicle warranty from Trustmark online and it went okay. I talked to a live agent before I made the decision and she answered all my questions, explained the details, and wasn't pushy. I appreciated that. The cost was also low which helped a lot. They're a good company and I'd recommend them to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

The warranty I got from the dealer was up and it's better to be safe than sorry so I got another one from Trustmark for their price. There were a few options to choose from and they covered it all so it was a pretty easy decision. I'm on monthly and the claim price was pretty much the same. I would just like to see something where I can access a login online. It's good so far and I haven’t had any issues with my car or with them.

Getting Trustmark Warranty was a great thing. My other warranty has already expired and I'm trying to keep my car in good shape so I got an extended warranty from them. They're almost the same but they are more competitive in terms of price. Purchasing was easy and everything was explained in detail.

My car warranty was out and the provisions that Trustmark Warranty have were different from the others so I purchased the vehicle protection plan from them. My experience was okay and the specialist whom I talked to several times was nice.

I purchased a used vehicle and acquired an extended auto warranty with Trustmark Warranty. All my questions were answered and handled very well. I had a warranty before on my previous car and I was paying $99 per month but with Trustmark Warranty, they were cheaper. The specialist I spoke to was friendly and I would recommend Trustmark Warranty to other people.

I knew that I would need a warranty when buying a used car so I did a lot of research. Trustmark Warranty came out the cheapest and weren’t very pushy as opposed to other companies who kept calling me back and sending me emails to ask when I’m going to make up my mind. Also, Trustmark had just one package and they were very nice on the phone so I decided I wasn't going to shop around anymore.

The specialist I dealt with was very friendly, easy going and easy to talk t. She explained the warranty to me from A to Z, and told me what I can or can’t do. She made me understand the insurance more and we went over the vehicle protection plan several times. I told her I would call them back in two weeks and when I did, she explained it to me again. Then I told her I was still undecided and she explained it to me one more time. I got the warranty two months ago and I like the product. I’ve read reviews where some people didn’t get to file a claim and I’m not sure if it’s because of the timeframe when they bought the insurance because it was a short time. When I’m ready to file a claim, I hope Trustmark won’t give me a hard time or deny it. So, we have to wait and see. But so far, the experience has been excellent.

I just bought a car and when I was at the dealer, somebody pointed Trustmark out to me. They pulled it up online and told me to try them out. They were pretty nice to me at Trustmark and their rep was pretty good. Everything has been fine thus far.

I bought a car and the cost of making repairs is ridiculous, not that we would need to. Last week we decided I’d buy an extended auto warranty because the last one I had, I paid $2,000 for it. But I get it through my granddaughter. It’s a matter of convenience than being essential right now. The lady I spoke with at Trustmark Warranty was very knowledgeable, which is good. And she explained everything very well. I figured I’d try it and see how it works out. She was very helpful with it and I felt comfortable. When I was buying it, she explained the plan to me and how it worked and how some people would buy a car and then next week, they go in to try to get everything fixed. So, that didn’t bother me.

The lady was very friendly and pleasant to talk to which is different from other places. I was satisfied with her explanation and she took her time and made sure that I got the information that I should have as far as what to expect from the warranty and the cost involved. I liked it better than the other ones. The idea that I could talk to the person and did a good explanation, as I did when I called back was the best thing I could get with a company. I was looking at three different companies. I checked with ConsumerAffairs and Trustmark got a good rating which is another reason why I picked them. It was a very good experience.

I always have an extended auto warranty and I wanted to make sure I had another one for a new used car I purchased. I got Trustmark Warranty because of their price and then their reviews. I filled out a form online to get a quote and then I wanted to inquire about some additional information so I called and I spoke to their rep. And then everything sounded good, so I told the rep I needed to think it over and to touch base with me in a couple of days and she did. We then finalized the purchase. Our experience was really quick and pretty seamless, so I was happy.

We just recently purchased a car for my son and it had no history of any problems but it had 102,000 miles that generally put it in the category of "what's next." I also have a Mazda 3 that I love dearly, and it's got 78,000 miles on it. Those other two are older and have much more mileage and that's what the extended warranty is supposed to be for. I figured I'll have both of them covered so that if we do develop a problem, it would be okay.

When I put the feelers out, I started getting some calls and they were very pushy. They never conveyed to me a very professional approach and the way they presented themselves and what they offered was just like another scam on the phone half the time. There were waiting periods and I could understand that but Trustmark said no waiting period. Plus, Trustmark had a very good financing program and they certainly had a better deal than I found anywhere else. The young lady that I spoke with was extremely professional, very helpful and not pushy. She followed up when I asked her to, but not before. That's the sort of professionalism I'm looking for. The reviews on Trustmark were very good too, other than one or two where they were not happy with the service that they received when they filed the claim.

The warranty specialist also gave me all the information I needed and in writing too. He gave me an opportunity to read it over and understand it well, then he answered any questions that I had on it so I felt comfortable with it. I also talked to my mechanic and they were a little skeptical, but they have had no bad experiences with Trustmark. They felt that the coverage was extremely good so that was a positive result. So far, my experience with Trustmark Warranty has been good. I'm a little concerned over some of the reviews I've read. But I'm trusting that if I do need it, they will come through.

My vehicle warranty had expired a month or so previously and I wanted to make sure I still have a little coverage because it could be pricey for vehicle repairs. I read up on Trustmark online. At the time that I read up though, they were closed. So I inquired about a quote and then someone contacted me the following business day. I also looked around and read a lot of what was the coverage like and the different coverage options that Trustmark has. I liked some of the plans so I went with them, ultimately. The warranty specialists were friendly and informative. For the most part, everything was explained to me. It wasn't too difficult as far as when I was trying to purchase or get the coverage.

Recently, I took my vehicle, because I was having some issues, and then the shop told me what was wrong. I contacted the warranty to see how I went about the process and once I did that, I went to the shop. The shop contacted Trustmark and then they informed the shop about the work that I had previously had been done several beforehand. It was actually a brake work. My claim was put in for a water pump, but the mechanic said that I had a water pump leaking anti-freeze. I was concerned, wondering and questioning, in a sense, what's brake work had to do with that.

But then, they explained that first, they needed to see the invoice and actually what was done to be certain. I wasn't notified that the water pump or the issue that I was asking them to fix wasn't pre-determined and I waited to get the invoice. However, it was a timing thing and a couple of misfortunate events. When I went to contact the shop where I got my vehicle work done, they had a fire two days before so their files were lost. I was in a bind for a second because I didn't have my invoice that I got from the shop when I got the work done. It was in the vehicle that was at the shop. I had to wait to go to the shop to get the invoice and then contact Trustmark because they were closed on a weekend. I was without a vehicle for a little while longer than expected.

Having an extended warranty is not bad. Unfortunately, I have to spend money a little more than the warranty company because there were several things that needed to be fixed and that warranty was only covering one thing. When I read the Trustmark Warranty, there's something about not having a coverage for overheating. Overheating could be a major mechanical issue for a vehicle. It was a conflict because my mechanic called and they explained the parts that needed to be replaced. One of them was a thermostat and Trustmark said that they would not replace the water pump and the thermostat because the thermostat would only be an issue due to overheating. But then Trustmark said they would fix the thermostat but they would not fix the water pump. That was a little disappointing and confusing. It was a hassle and I didn't understand necessarily why that was the decision.

Trustmark could be a little more clear on what's actually covered and if there's a thing where they only cover one thing or several things, also if they are limited to covering certain things and if multiple things are in defect or whatnot. But outside of that, I'm satisfied as of now. Overall, the experience with Trustmark was decent but could be a little better.

I was buying a used vehicle and I thought it’s good to attach a warranty to it in the beginning. I was looking at several different companies and I was talking to a guy about his warranty and he was dogged about their warranty company. He asked me about Trustmark and I gave him the information as far as how much it costs. He said there's got to be something Trustmark is leaving out. He researched and came back to me and told me what Trustmark does not include in the warranty. And so, I called up the rep and asked. They told me the things that were included up to a certain amount and what they didn't include. I called the guy back and he said they can't beat it so that's why I decided to go with Trustmark.

When I first got the truck, it had a problem with it and so I figured that it might be covered. It ended up not being covered because they said it was preexisting. I called Trustmark and the way they explained it to me made sense so I accepted it. And they were nice on the phone when they told that it wasn’t going to be covered. It was a bummer but I expected it. Other than that, the rep did a great job of explaining the benefits. I asked a ton of questions and the person who I was speaking with answered all of them.

I recently bought a new vehicle. The salesperson and I were talking about a policy I have with the old one. He asked me if I have an extended warranty and told me that it is better to buy since I have none. The car is eight years now and may need a lot of maintenance. I always thought about it but never bought it even I get a lot of letters from the different vendors. I checked Trustmark online and saw the price was not so bad. I also saw the rating and comments from other people. So I talked to them over the phone and they were trustworthy and explained to me very clearly so I liked it.

The buying experience wasn't difficult. I put my information online, got a quote, and waited a couple of days. Meantime I get a quote from them, and then I bought the protection plan. They described how things work very well. They honestly gave me feedback. The gentleman I spoke to explained to me what is going to be covered or if I had a claim, what is the condition they will not cover. The purchasing experience overall was very good.

When I bought my son’s first vehicle, I looked into getting an extended auto warranty. Irene, the specialist I spoke to from Trustmark Warranty was very courteous and helpful. Initially, the correspondence we had was by email, but she was very thorough in everything that she sent. I attempted to file a claim but the services were not covered. That was the only issue I had. I didn’t know it wasn’t covered until it broke. Reading the fine print, the item was considered emissions-related. So that was my error; not understanding exactly what the malfunction was.

My car’s factory warranty is almost done, but it’s still under bank loan so I acquired an extended warranty for safety. I don t want to lose a lot of money for repair in my car if something happens. I found somebody posted about Trustmark on Facebook and then I asked how that is. He said it’s very good and he had a lot of good experience with Trustmark. So I purchased this warranty one and a half months ago and didn’t have any claim so far. They’ve been very nice when I was purchasing over phone. The contract, plan and price were very good too. But somebody told me that in first one month, they don’t give me any coverage. And they said Trustmark doesn’t cover the pre-existing condition. And after I purchased the warranty, goes almost one and a half month and I drove almost 4,000 miles. So right now I’ll have to ask them if I can get all coverage.

We've been getting information in the mail about extended auto warranty and a couple of my friends have it so I did a little research since I also had to get one. I compared companies and looked at their ratings, then chose Trustmark Warranty. The experience has been fine but we had a problem, which was our fault because we put the wrong mileage down on the contract so we're waiting to get that corrected. We had filed a claim about a week after we got it where we had transmission problems and it's when we realized that the mileage on the contract was 50 miles more than what is on the car.

They said because the mileage was incorrect, they wouldn't honor that claim and if we wanted to keep the warranty enforced, we could take a picture of the speedometer and email it to them. It was a real bummer because now the speedometers are digital and there's no way we could change them so my only advice is to make sure the mileage we’re applying to other contracts online is accurate. Other than that, my experience with Trustmark has been great. The customer service and claims reps that I dealt with were excellent and very thorough in going over and explaining everything.

I was buying a used car and my daughter was gonna be using it a lot on some events, like traveling. I wanted to have a peace of mind. I purchased a used car and I had some warranty against major part damages. When I was at the dealership, they tried to sell me a warranty that was $3000 a year which was very expensive. It was like 25% of the purchase price of the car. Then I started researching extended warranties online and Trustmark had a higher rating. The pricing and service were good as well. When I spoke with a lady, it was very personalized. I emailed them and the same person I emailed got back to me. They explained the payment plan and the services and they were attentive to all my questions. They are backed by a big insurer, so it’s one point of it. I felt confident that they were a little reputable. I’m satisfied and I have a high level of confidence in what I’ve learned so far. I would recommend it.

I wanted to make sure that I had the coverage after the factory warranty ran out. I had an offer from the dealership for their extended warranty company but I chose to shop around for a third party and price. Researching on the computer and looking at the user reviews at Better Business Bureau ratings of various extended auto warranties helped me chose Trustmark.

Purchasing the vehicle protection plan was fairly easy. I went online and entered the information. Then they had a representative call me and went over several packages that might fit my needs. She was very pleasant. She emailed me some information and allowed me a few days to look over it. I chose the package that suited me best and fit my budget and then I contacted her back directly. She went over the plan once again then set up the policy and mailed it out to me within just a few days. They're very pleasant, easy to work with, and they explained things with any questions I had. I would recommend them.

I didn't like the options that my dealership offered me so I went with Trustmark. I like their cost, ease of payments, and I’ve had good interactions with their representative. I’ve had a sensor go out, but since it wasn’t a covered piece, I haven’t filed any claims yet.

I went to look into getting an extended auto warranty just for the protection of my vehicle. Trustmark Warranty was excellent. They explained the benefits and answered my questions.

My wife recently bought a used car and I told her she needed to get a warranty on it. We went with Trustmark since they had the lowest cost, and I'd recommend them based on that compared to other warranty companies. The rep that I spoke to was nice and helpful in explaining everything. I did something wrong filling out the paperwork and she called me right up, told me and straightened it out.

I knew the car was on the 80,000 miles or so. And people were saying that it would be best to protect my car because I didn't have any warranty from the dealership. According Google, Trustmark Warranty had the highest ratings so I chose them. My interactions with their specialist were fine. But, something happened to my car and I was told that they were not going to pay for it. They were saying that what happened with the car was something that was already wrong with the car before I got the coverage even though the mechanic said that it wasn't. They said that it didn't add up so they didn't pay for it.

I purchased a used vehicle and wanted a coverage that was well-known. Trustmark Warranty happened to be well-known and a lot of companies are familiar with them so I purchased from them. Their rep did a good job and explained the coverage to me. So far, I'm satisfied with my experience.

Automotive bills were getting too expensive and I wanted a cheap warranty. So I looked at the BBB and the reviews and went with Trustmark Warranty because they had a good price. Their customer service team was prompt in calling me back and talking with me about how to set it up and telling me about themselves. It was a good experience overall.

I wanted more than 30 days of protection for my vehicle and Trustmark Warranty seemed to be rated very high. They also had good reviews. The other warranty company that I dealt with had minimum years that you could buy and it was too expensive. It may have covered more than what the Trustmark Warranty does, but it was out of my price range. The Trustmark customer service lady was knowledgeable and very helpful. The purchase was very easy and everything that went through was good. I have all the paperwork in the car and it has all the procedures for claims. I've read through it but I didn’t see anything that stuck out. I've had it for about a month now and I'd recommend it to a friend. My experience has been very good.

I wanted to have a warranty on my car and buying Trustmark Warranty online is quick and payments are lower than others. I had clear interactions with the people who work there and they were helpful. Everything was perfect. I like the company.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile