Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I were in the market for purchasing a used SUV and after looking for sometime, we came to realize even used SUV's aren't cheap, and when you purchase one that's over 4 or 5 years old they don't have a warranty. I searched the next for a few days and came across several warranty companies; however Trustmark prices were the best. One thing I liked about dealing with Trustmark, they didn't hassle you with phone calls trying to get you to purchase their warranty. I purchased my 1st agreement on my wife's SUV, and the process was very simple.

Not knowing anyone that had used Trustmark I was a little skeptical. I had read some of the reviews stating they tried to make a claim and Trustmark wouldn't pay the claim. I was hoping I didn't need to use the services, I purchased it for a peace of mind. We had to buy another vehicle a couple of months later, and I purchased a 2nd Trustmark service contract.

After having my Durango for 30 days my driveshaft bearing went bad. I took it to Dodge, they diagnosed the problem, called Trustmark, and I was out of the dealer within a couple of hours. Very please with the service I've received from Trustmark. I will refer them to friends and family in a heartbeat. If I even need another service contract I will definitely use them. Thanks again!!!

Signing up for a extended warranty was very easy online. The price was affordable and made easier by being able to break it up into equal payments. I haven't used the warranty yet but the coverage seems to cover what I need to feel comfortable.

I bought Trustmark Warranty online two months ago and I sent them three payments already. I like the fact that they were a same-day coverage because mine was going to end April 25th and when I bought from Trustmark, it was the 19th. I thought I was going to have to wait 30 days like other companies. One company even told me 90 days. But with Trustmark, I ended up getting it the same day even though I just figured it.

The experience was very informative but I had a couple of questions that they were unable to answer. I wanted to make sure if my engine and certain things will be covered under my warranty because I have an Audi. They have a vehicle service contract on Trustmark's website and they have the "Don'ts" that they don't pay for and the "Do's" that they do pay for. There was a lot of engine stuff on the "Don'ts." Then the lady called me back and she said that she's going to ask her advisers about it.

Then they actually called me back and let me know what was going on and that my engine and parts that were a wear and tear aren't covered. But like something else, they said it's covered. And it's weird that my car actually just shut off on Friday this week. I brought it to a dealer out here because I thought it would be easier. They're telling me now that it might be the battery or the alternator. And the warranty doesn't cover that. So, I won't be using them this time but I'll use them the next time. My experience with Trustmark at this point has been great. They're very polite and I recommended them to my uncle so he's actually doing one today.

Factual basis uncertain

This company has a pre-existing clause so that they can deny a claim at their whim. I filed a claim 5 weeks after purchasing the warranty. My transmission started to slip on my (93,530 miles) VW Bug. $2900 claim denied because they just "Assumed that the transmission was already having problems because of the lack of miles that I had put on the car". I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO SKY WRITE SOMETHING MORE ABOUT THIS RIP-OFF.

I bought a second car that's used. I needed something to back me up if something was to go wrong with the car. I got in touch with Trustmark and the rep was very nice, she told me about the whole plan and answered all the questions, everything that I could use but I had to get back with her later. She called me back and I made sure I called her back because that’s what she told me. I left her an email when I had a few little situations and I'd get a callback from them. It was a very nice experience. From what I read online and everything she had told me about the whole program as far as the car and dealing with the engine, I felt comfortable with it. It wasn’t going to hurt my pocket too bad. I’ll recommend Trustmark to others.

Trustmark had a longer extended auto warranty so I chose them. I've only been with them for a month. I don't have a lot of funds so I figured I should have insurance in case something happens to my car. I spoke to two other providers and the guys weren't as nice as the ones at Trustmark. They were really pushy and somewhat nasty. Their customer service was what moved me. When purchasing the warranty, I needed someone to call me back at a certain time of day but not consistently bothering and nagging me. The Trustmark specialist did contact me. She was really nice. She got a little personal because we lived in the same area before and so I felt comfortable with her. On the whole, the purchasing experience was easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

Trustmark's pricing is a little bit higher but the promises are better than the others. They said if ever the car broke down, they have the rent a car policy. And if I am out of town and stay in that place for a day, they will shoulder expenses for the room. I was discussing it with my friend who told me they will go with Trustmark too if I would not have any headache, but they want to see me first if I am satisfied. I hope filing a claim will be a good experience.

Factual basis uncertain

When somebody buys a used car, they don't know what they're getting. It's not a matter of if something goes wrong. It's a matter of when something goes wrong. I had purchased a Chevy Equinox specifically for the purpose of taking my grandmother around because her walker won't fit in the back of her car. However, grandma's old. She doesn't go places too often so I barely drove the thing at all. In the month that I had the warranty, the transmission had issues. Because I had only driven the car not even 100 miles in the three months that I had it, Trustmark Warranty said it was a pre-existing condition and would not cover the work on the transmission. So, I had to send the car back to the finance company and I'm waiting a refund of my money from Trustmark Warranty.

After they said, “Well, we ain’t going to cover that.” I said, “Well then, what the hell happened to the warranty?" I was aware that they were a highly reputable company because I researched on this before I decided who to pick. They had a great reputation. But, whether they thought I was trying to pull a fast one on them or what the deal was, I don’t know if this is normal policy or not. I’ve heard a lot of good reports. I talked with the guy from another car lot about the situation and he asked who I’d gotten the warranty through and I told him. He said, “Wow. I have not heard of them do that too much, hardly ever.” I was flabbergasted by the whole thing.

I expected when I signed up for this warranty to have anything major covered. Things like starters, alternators, stuff like that were not big deals, I can fix those myself. My concern was the drive train, steering components, engine and internal engine issues. I was talking to the car lot on Facebook Messenger and they said, “So what’s going on with your car?” I said, “The transmission needs to be replaced.” That’s when I found out that they knew there was an issue because their response was, “Oh, I thought it was just a sensor or something.” I’m quite upset with both the car lot and the warranty company. Now I have a repossession on my record. I would not recommend Trustmark Warranty because of my negative experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought my vehicle and it had a three-month warranty. I don’t trust vehicles to go out on me, and I'm not a maintenance guy, so I decided to get the warranty. I looked at Trustmark Warranty’s price and compared it to others. I also looked at the repairs that they all did and it was the same. The one thing that was different was Trustmark was the least expensive one up there and that’s the reason I chose it. And then I read some of the comments, I didn’t see too many people about repair, but I've seen plenty of remark about their finances. When I purchased the protection plan with Trustmark, they were very courteous and helpful. And if I'm not satisfied, I can stop and whatever is left, they will refund the difference. I recommend them because of the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a late model car but I wasn't planning on buying a new one anytime soon and I wanted to make sure I wasn't forced to get a new car so I thought of getting an extended warranty. Trustmark had better ratings compared to others and purchasing the plan from them was pretty easy. I went online, put in a quote and someone called me to explain everything. Then I decided to go ahead and sign up which was pretty simple. They called me on my way home from work and I was signed up before I was half-way home. The specialist I talked to was pretty straightforward. She laid out all the plan, asked if I had any questions, answered all my questions, took my information and then sent me all the paperwork.

I've only been with them for two months now but you can file a claim as soon as you sign up. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the dealership and gave them Trustmark's number. I had a part that was approved and they had to order it. The dealership was supposed to have filed the claim but they have not yet called me back to see if the part's got in to schedule a time to fix it so I'm now waiting. Other than that, there's no long drawn out process in filing a claim and Trustmark covers a lot, too. It is also affordable.

I had a motorhome that broke down on me once. It was really expensive to get it fixed so when my Subaru started getting miles, I got a warranty from Trustmark. Their staff was very helpful, signing up was very easy, and their price was very reasonable. But I only had it a month and then I sold my Subaru. Cancelling seems to be easy as well, I'm just waiting for them to email me a form. And there was no cancellation fee because it was under 60 days.

I’m looking for a warranty for future mechanical problems and one of my friends have the Trustmark Warranty. He recommended it and I took the policy a few weeks ago. The lady explained it to me and then sent me the contract, read it and I agreed. So far, I don’t have any problems and it’s good.

Trustmark Warranty

Thank you Lashay for your confidence in Trustmark Warranty. We always do our utmost to service our clients and look forward to assisting you with unexpected repairs in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My car is an old model which can go out overnight. I knew that it’s going be fixed in the future so I signed up with Trustmark. The next day, my sensor went out and I filed a claim. They denied it saying it was a pre-existing condition which they didn't tell me anything about when I signed up. But other than that, they're good and they're simply doing their job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a warranty for the vehicle I purchased. I looked at Better Business Bureau and Trustmark Warranty didn’t have any bad remarks. It was very easy to purchase a vehicle protection plan from them. The lady who I spoke with was very nice. She broke everything down for me and was able to answer whatever question I had. The specialist was also very courteous and knowledgeable. Everything that I asked, she was able to tell me exactly what was covered. Because I have a Cadillac, I needed to make sure the major components would be covered. I am glad that I went with Trustmark Warranty and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked into extended auto warranty to have something to protect my vehicle. Trustmark Warranty seemed to be the one so I signed up with them. Everything, including the specialist that I spoke with about my plan, has been good. It was a good experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In the past, I had problems with used vehicles and it was quite expensive then to fix. I know things have went up since then so I was looking at acquiring an extended warranty to protect myself and the cost for everything. Trustmark Warranty was the best business I could get into as far as what I can handle and manage myself and what would benefit me and my vehicle the best.

When I purchased the warranty, the lady was very polite and she was more about the customer than just putting the business out there. She gave me options of what they had. She did what she was supposed to do as a representative for Trustmark. Their rep also talked about the payment as far as what I needed to do when the vehicle breaks down, how my payments would go. She broke down everything, what they do as far as how to handle a situation if anything goes wrong with the vehicle. I picked the right people to do business from my experience with the representative that I had.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We didn't know we would need an extended auto warranty because when we sold the car, we were told it had 100,000 miles coverage for the drivetrain. There was 2,000 miles on the car. We told the salesman we did not want a 36,000 mile used warranty. But he said they take 10,000 miles off until we have 40,000 on the car, bumper to bumper and then still have the 100,000 mile drivetrain. My husband asked the rep again if he was positive about it and he said yes. So, we got the car and the warranty. And then, we got a letter in the mail saying our warranty is going to drop in a few days and we needed to consider a warranty company like Trustmark to extend the warranty.

So we called and the rep said it's in our paperwork. But we never saw anything in it that makes it conclude about brand new car warranty and no miles. But sure enough, a used car warranty was inserted in the middle of the paperwork which was five or six pages. But we were upset 'cause we had the car now for over two years.

I then looked up what customers were saying about Trustmark and 40 in a row of those people were very pleased with their warranty and that sold us on it. But I told the specialist I wanted a few days to talk and think it over with my husband and see which plan would work best. She called back two days later but I told her we're still planning. Then two days later, I called her back and told her what I needed. She was very helpful on everything and we're pleased with it. She explained everything and said if I had any question, I call her back on the paperwork.

They weren't pushy and they would explain each of the coverage and the benefits of one plan over another. We thought about doing the higher plan but the rep told us we should have the $69 plan which was nice because she could have sold us the higher plan that we wouldn't need. She also said there might be some small incidentals that would not be covered but anything major like the power steer would be covered until we've used up the extra mileage. I also told her we did the 36,000 miles so before we get too many miles on it, we'll be trading the car. My husband is 60 and he's not physically able to work on cars anymore so we're trying to keep everything newer.

But there was one time when they tried to tell me our car was not covered for the light. We have a halogen light on the car and sometimes it would work, sometimes it didn't. They were going to charge me $350 to trade that bulb and I told them it's covered under our warranty. We got through the primary pages of the paper and the warranty was on the second page underneath. I told them that as long as there's 50,000 miles and we don't have any miles on that car, that's covered. So I didn't get it fixed and I just waited. They then called me back and they said to bring the car in and they replaced the bulb for free.

We got burned with the car in Indiana and we couldn't get out of it. But I write the mileage down before I leave the garage. When I back out, I'm going extra 10 miles from the front of the garage so I stopped to put it in drive. I was watching it closely and a couple of times, it would trip a thousand miles. I took it into the dealer several times and they tried to find the problem but they couldn't. I had all my mileage from the day we got the car so when we traded it in, they were able to replace the part. It was 7,000 miles when we first got the car and then we had that at another 30,000. So the warranty turned out to be really handy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Trustmark Warranty's price was lower and so I chose them. The purchasing experience was very good and so far, I haven't had any problem with the car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've bought a newer car and it has 77,000 miles on it. We should have an extended warranty on it and the guy where I bought the car from gave me Trustmark's number and so I called. I gave my numbers and everything off my check and they kept telling me it wasn't going through so, I sent them a check to California and I received a call saying that they still don't have the papers through and they're wondering what's going on. I told them I'd sent a check to the California address then I sent a check and talked to them. They said they got the check and I wrote $125 instead of $121.50. I told them that it's better to have a little more than not enough and I wanted to make sure it was enough to get coverage. They said they would only charge me $121.50, not $125 and that if they didn't hear from me by the end of the week, I should have my insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were considering trading our car off and getting something different. We couldn’t afford it, so we decided to keep our car and so we should have protection on it. I went online and looked at different companies and talked to them. And some of them pressured me pretty hard which made me uncomfortable. But everybody that I talked with in Trustmark was very helpful, answered all questions and I felt comfortable with them. I could trust them because they were not pressuring me at all and put out what they had to offer. I talked to my wife and we decided that we wanted to do business with Trustmark. Their product sold themselves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked what Trustmark Warranty offered, and getting the warranty was short and simple. They told me what they offer and the specialists were very friendly, informational and excellent. Everything was covered and it looks like everything that I need but I would know more as I go on - what they offer, what they cover and what they don't.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like my car and I wanted to keep it. But if something goes wrong, I don't want to spend a lot of money out from my pocket. We've researched companies and read the reviews on Trustmark and we like the payment plan that they offered. Their package was good so we signed up with them. They knew what they were talking about and the person I've talked to was very nice and informative, so my purchasing experience has been fine.

As for claims, I’ve called them four weeks ago because I thought the air conditioner in my car was going out. I didn't know what the procedure was but the lady I’ve talked to has been super nice, very careful and helpful, and she told me what to do if there was a problem. I felt comfortable with that. But when I took my car at my dealer, it was working fine. And the dealer said the air conditioner has to quit first before they could work on it, although he found out where it didn’t cool. If I needed something to be fixed, Trustmark knew what they were showing me, so I feel comfortable with them, and so far, I'm happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased vehicles and wanted to have peace of mind, so I got the warranty from Trustmark. The rep that I talked to was really good on the phone. She took all the information including the year, the model, the make and the mileage of the car, and then recommended the options that basically corresponds to my request. She explained everything to me, and I committed to the 4-year option because the price was a lot cheaper for that. The overall price was higher but price per month was cheaper. And then she sent me a personalized thank you note with the warranty paperwork. It's a great experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased my Trustmark extended warranty online and figured it out myself. It was fairly simple and easy. The only thing I didn't like is whenever I put it on there to get the free quote it didn't save. So every time I went back to it or had to go back, I had to restart over and re-enter all my information back in before I could actually buy it. Trustmark is very affordable and a better option than paying interest on getting a warranty financed through a loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very impressed by the excellent Customer Service provided by Adria ** and if this level of Customer Service continues through our future interactions, I will sing your praised to everyone I know. Looking forward to working with you in the future.

I contacted a number of warranty service suppliers. Yours was the friendliest and not pushy at all. I don't respond to high pressure and didn't need to worry about that with your rep. Thanks. I hope if I should need your services that it will be the same.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get a basic coverage for a car I purchased very recently, so I did a lot of research online on different companies. I put out some inquiries online and they were contacting me and it was a hard sell but the others are way more expensive than Trustmark was. And when I compared what was covered and the amount of money, Trustmark made the most sense to me. So I purchased my 36,000-mile coverage plan from them. It was very easy and straightforward. I didn’t have to speak to people individually unlike with CARCHEX and a few other companies. I was able to even do it online because I was able to get things in writing before I had to send in the deposit and sign for the contract.

The people at Trustmark are very professional, friendly and courteous. I asked questions on how I could make the payment and if I can do it online. I also asked if I could roll into a new one when my particular contract is over and I was told yes. They also explained the benefits and how the claims worked. They sent an email and before I signed the contract, I called them, and they broke everything down to me. Overall, my experience has been quick and easy. It was the best experience. Trustmark has different plans and amount of mileage, and even with the contract itself versus the prices, they are more like a trustworthy type of company. I even checked the Better Business Bureau and the reviews online, and they're very high there compared to some of the other ones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my car for a couple of years now and I needed more help with the repairs even though I didn't have maintenance issues. It's not old, but the mileage is high. I was referred by one of their customers, and even though I have a coverage, I wanted that extra coverage for peace of mind. So, I did it online. But when I went to the auto mechanic, I wasn't covered for the things that I needed.

About a month ago, I wasn't able to get the evap solenoid because it wasn't covered. In the first week that I got it, I was calling in and they said they can't. I'm not happy with the customer service. When I called in, I wasn't able to talk to anybody for two days. So, I went and took my car in but I couldn't get it fixed that day because it was closed. And then the next day I came back and called. The phones were out because of the weather condition so I came back again the next day. I'm using my gas driving all the way to the mechanic and having to drive all the way back home because Trustmark wasn't even open. They have weather issues, phone issues or computer issues.

Hello Matthew,

We're so gratified to hear that your Trustmark Warranty is assisting with your unexpected auto repairs. Thank you for being a valued customer and we look forward to serving both you and your friends! Happy driving in your MINI Cooper!

Original review: March 21, 2017

I had a number of expenses on my car previously and it was starting to add up and I thought it would be a good idea to have an extended auto warranty. Buying a protection plan from Trustmark was super easy and very fast. Also, their specialist was very nice, personable and working with them was fine. I got the warranty on Friday and then Sunday morning, my MINI Cooper car had a check engine light come on. So I took it in to MINI, the shop that I go to and they dealt directly with Trustmark with no issues. The service has been great and I'm a pretty happy customer right now. I've already recommended Trustmark to a number of friends.

Trustmark Warranty

Thank you very much John for your kind words and well-placed confidence in Trustmark Warranty! We look forward to counting you as a satisfied customer now and in the future, and will do our utmost to make that happen. Happy driving!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I considered a few different warranty companies and spoke with one that turned me off completely because he was very very pushy. Then I decided once more to try Trustmark. When I called and spoke with Adria who was exceptional in friendliness and knowledge and answered every question I had confidently. Right then I knew who to sign up with. Thank you and I hope all will go well should I need your services, which I believe should.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a research from the internet and the services that were offered by Trustmark Warranty were appealing to me. My experience purchasing the vehicle protection plan from them was good. I called in over the weekend and got someone who said they'd take my message and have someone call me back on Monday. Someone did call me back on Monday to answer all my questions. Then I spoke to someone else again who fed me information because I still wasn't sure about the plan. I called them again to ask the lady if she could help me and she walked me through the entire process on the line up to the signup. Trustmark Warranty was very thorough and patient with me and informed me of what I would be getting. So far, I'm enjoying it. Also, making payments for the warranty is on automatic withdrawal.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile