Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I were in the market for purchasing a used SUV and after looking for sometime, we came to realize even used SUV's aren't cheap, and when you purchase one that's over 4 or 5 years old they don't have a warranty. I searched the next for a few days and came across several warranty companies; however Trustmark prices were the best. One thing I liked about dealing with Trustmark, they didn't hassle you with phone calls trying to get you to purchase their warranty. I purchased my 1st agreement on my wife's SUV, and the process was very simple.

Not knowing anyone that had used Trustmark I was a little skeptical. I had read some of the reviews stating they tried to make a claim and Trustmark wouldn't pay the claim. I was hoping I didn't need to use the services, I purchased it for a peace of mind. We had to buy another vehicle a couple of months later, and I purchased a 2nd Trustmark service contract.

After having my Durango for 30 days my driveshaft bearing went bad. I took it to Dodge, they diagnosed the problem, called Trustmark, and I was out of the dealer within a couple of hours. Very please with the service I've received from Trustmark. I will refer them to friends and family in a heartbeat. If I even need another service contract I will definitely use them. Thanks again!!!

My car’s factory warranty is almost done, but it’s still under bank loan so I acquired an extended warranty for safety. I don t want to lose a lot of money for repair in my car if something happens. I found somebody posted about Trustmark on Facebook and then I asked how that is. He said it’s very good and he had a lot of good experience with Trustmark. So I purchased this warranty one and a half months ago and didn’t have any claim so far. They’ve been very nice when I was purchasing over phone. The contract, plan and price were very good too. But somebody told me that in first one month, they don’t give me any coverage. And they said Trustmark doesn’t cover the pre-existing condition. And after I purchased the warranty, goes almost one and a half month and I drove almost 4,000 miles. So right now I’ll have to ask them if I can get all coverage.

We've been getting information in the mail about extended auto warranty and a couple of my friends have it so I did a little research since I also had to get one. I compared companies and looked at their ratings, then chose Trustmark Warranty. The experience has been fine but we had a problem, which was our fault because we put the wrong mileage down on the contract so we're waiting to get that corrected. We had filed a claim about a week after we got it where we had transmission problems and it's when we realized that the mileage on the contract was 50 miles more than what is on the car.

They said because the mileage was incorrect, they wouldn't honor that claim and if we wanted to keep the warranty enforced, we could take a picture of the speedometer and email it to them. It was a real bummer because now the speedometers are digital and there's no way we could change them so my only advice is to make sure the mileage we’re applying to other contracts online is accurate. Other than that, my experience with Trustmark has been great. The customer service and claims reps that I dealt with were excellent and very thorough in going over and explaining everything.

I was buying a used car and my daughter was gonna be using it a lot on some events, like traveling. I wanted to have a peace of mind. I purchased a used car and I had some warranty against major part damages. When I was at the dealership, they tried to sell me a warranty that was $3000 a year which was very expensive. It was like 25% of the purchase price of the car. Then I started researching extended warranties online and Trustmark had a higher rating. The pricing and service were good as well. When I spoke with a lady, it was very personalized. I emailed them and the same person I emailed got back to me. They explained the payment plan and the services and they were attentive to all my questions. They are backed by a big insurer, so it’s one point of it. I felt confident that they were a little reputable. I’m satisfied and I have a high level of confidence in what I’ve learned so far. I would recommend it.

I wanted to make sure that I had the coverage after the factory warranty ran out. I had an offer from the dealership for their extended warranty company but I chose to shop around for a third party and price. Researching on the computer and looking at the user reviews at Better Business Bureau ratings of various extended auto warranties helped me chose Trustmark.

Purchasing the vehicle protection plan was fairly easy. I went online and entered the information. Then they had a representative call me and went over several packages that might fit my needs. She was very pleasant. She emailed me some information and allowed me a few days to look over it. I chose the package that suited me best and fit my budget and then I contacted her back directly. She went over the plan once again then set up the policy and mailed it out to me within just a few days. They're very pleasant, easy to work with, and they explained things with any questions I had. I would recommend them.

I didn't like the options that my dealership offered me so I went with Trustmark. I like their cost, ease of payments, and I’ve had good interactions with their representative. I’ve had a sensor go out, but since it wasn’t a covered piece, I haven’t filed any claims yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

I went to look into getting an extended auto warranty just for the protection of my vehicle. Trustmark Warranty was excellent. They explained the benefits and answered my questions.

My wife recently bought a used car and I told her she needed to get a warranty on it. We went with Trustmark since they had the lowest cost, and I'd recommend them based on that compared to other warranty companies. The rep that I spoke to was nice and helpful in explaining everything. I did something wrong filling out the paperwork and she called me right up, told me and straightened it out.

I knew the car was on the 80,000 miles or so. And people were saying that it would be best to protect my car because I didn't have any warranty from the dealership. According Google, Trustmark Warranty had the highest ratings so I chose them. My interactions with their specialist were fine. But, something happened to my car and I was told that they were not going to pay for it. They were saying that what happened with the car was something that was already wrong with the car before I got the coverage even though the mechanic said that it wasn't. They said that it didn't add up so they didn't pay for it.

I purchased a used vehicle and wanted a coverage that was well-known. Trustmark Warranty happened to be well-known and a lot of companies are familiar with them so I purchased from them. Their rep did a good job and explained the coverage to me. So far, I'm satisfied with my experience.

Automotive bills were getting too expensive and I wanted a cheap warranty. So I looked at the BBB and the reviews and went with Trustmark Warranty because they had a good price. Their customer service team was prompt in calling me back and talking with me about how to set it up and telling me about themselves. It was a good experience overall.

I wanted more than 30 days of protection for my vehicle and Trustmark Warranty seemed to be rated very high. They also had good reviews. The other warranty company that I dealt with had minimum years that you could buy and it was too expensive. It may have covered more than what the Trustmark Warranty does, but it was out of my price range. The Trustmark customer service lady was knowledgeable and very helpful. The purchase was very easy and everything that went through was good. I have all the paperwork in the car and it has all the procedures for claims. I've read through it but I didn’t see anything that stuck out. I've had it for about a month now and I'd recommend it to a friend. My experience has been very good.

I wanted to have a warranty on my car and buying Trustmark Warranty online is quick and payments are lower than others. I had clear interactions with the people who work there and they were helpful. Everything was perfect. I like the company.

I purchased a new vehicle and needed an extended warranty. Trustmark was better priced and so I bought from them. Everything was pretty much detailed. The specialists explained clearly everything that I wanted to know and I had no problem. They were friendly and helpful. I would recommend them.

I was approaching the end of my warranty and went with Trustmark Warranty since it was for the same coverage at less cost. Their reps were great. They were very patient, got back to me right away and gave me everything I needed.

I thought that I saw a sign for Trustmark Warranty in my mechanic's office. That was one of my main reasons for looking at them, but it turns out that was not the case. Purchasing the plan with Trustmark was easy. I read a lot of comments about the buying experience and 99% of them are very positive because Trustmark reps are very nice people and not pushy. The problems come when people actually use the warranty. After I bought the warranty, I didn't find one positive review for people who have actually used it.

My mechanic dealt with Trustmark when I used them. My car had been in the shop for a couple of days and Trustmark ended up calling me to find out what my mechanic's phone number was because they wrote down the wrong phone number. The process took way too long just because they couldn't write a phone number down right and didn't even think to look at the obvious places like email. My mechanic had emailed them some information and his phone number was on the email.

Also, I had more than one issue and the guy from Trustmark argued with my mechanic about giving him time to diagnose the other issues, when clearly that had been presented to them in the beginning. We had to call back and get an entirely different person who finally saw that yes, that was presented to them in the beginning. I was without my car for a whole week and I shouldn't have been. I had to get rides. I didn't get home from 9:00 one night and I get up at 3:00. They were very unprofessional in the way they handled getting information and I was a bit disappointed.

Trustmark saved me some money but I'm seriously thinking about calling the State Attorney General's office about my complaints. I've called several mechanics since around here and the lowest that I found for the going rates for labor is $80 an hour. Trustmark didn't want to pay anywhere near that. I ended up paying more than what I felt was conveyed to me in paper. When they use the words usual, reasonable, and customary, that indicates what the average rate is, not what somebody else decides the rate should be. That was kind of misleading.

When the warranty expires, I probably won't go with Trustmark again and I will definitely not recommend them. I'm very frustrated with the whole thing because the process should have gone a lot more smoothly. If they're only going to pay a percentage, that needs to be conveyed to the customer. They should make it a bit clearer to the consumer about how the payment's handled. I wouldn't have minded if I knew ahead of time. I went back through my paperwork and I did not see anything that presented the terms to me the way I felt they presented it when I took my car in.

Signing up for a extended warranty was very easy online. The price was affordable and made easier by being able to break it up into equal payments. I haven't used the warranty yet but the coverage seems to cover what I need to feel comfortable.

I bought Trustmark Warranty online two months ago and I sent them three payments already. I like the fact that they were a same-day coverage because mine was going to end April 25th and when I bought from Trustmark, it was the 19th. I thought I was going to have to wait 30 days like other companies. One company even told me 90 days. But with Trustmark, I ended up getting it the same day even though I just figured it.

The experience was very informative but I had a couple of questions that they were unable to answer. I wanted to make sure if my engine and certain things will be covered under my warranty because I have an Audi. They have a vehicle service contract on Trustmark's website and they have the "Don'ts" that they don't pay for and the "Do's" that they do pay for. There was a lot of engine stuff on the "Don'ts." Then the lady called me back and she said that she's going to ask her advisers about it.

Then they actually called me back and let me know what was going on and that my engine and parts that were a wear and tear aren't covered. But like something else, they said it's covered. And it's weird that my car actually just shut off on Friday this week. I brought it to a dealer out here because I thought it would be easier. They're telling me now that it might be the battery or the alternator. And the warranty doesn't cover that. So, I won't be using them this time but I'll use them the next time. My experience with Trustmark at this point has been great. They're very polite and I recommended them to my uncle so he's actually doing one today.

I came off the warranty for my current vehicle and did some research. I found that Trustmark's issuing/backing company has been doing it for a long time. The company that Trustmark works with as far as insuring was the key in me signing up with them. Purchasing the vehicle protection plan was a good experience because 90% of it was online. Older customers might love to speak with somebody, but for me, it's perfect if I can do everything online, they tell me what I need, I fill the paperwork out, and they tell me a price that works good. It was pretty much fill-in-the-blanks and someone called back the next day. They were really helpful and friendly. They're very informative and I like the promptness when they called me back right after I purchased the policy to see if there were any questions that we had. That's good customer service.

Everything's good with Trustmark. So far, I'm so happy. I have yet to file a claim as my air conditioner is not blowing cold. Maybe it's out of freon or something's wrong, but it's good to know it's covered. I'll find out if Trustmark is going to stick behind the warranty, but it sounds like they will and they've been doing it a while.

My warranty was expired so, I wanted to have an extended auto warranty. My friend referred me to Trustmark Warranty and my purchasing experience was okay. So far, it's been good overall.

Factual basis uncertain

This company has a pre-existing clause so that they can deny a claim at their whim. I filed a claim 5 weeks after purchasing the warranty. My transmission started to slip on my (93,530 miles) VW Bug. $2900 claim denied because they just "Assumed that the transmission was already having problems because of the lack of miles that I had put on the car". I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO SKY WRITE SOMETHING MORE ABOUT THIS RIP-OFF.

I bought a second car that's used. I needed something to back me up if something was to go wrong with the car. I got in touch with Trustmark and the rep was very nice, she told me about the whole plan and answered all the questions, everything that I could use but I had to get back with her later. She called me back and I made sure I called her back because that’s what she told me. I left her an email when I had a few little situations and I'd get a callback from them. It was a very nice experience. From what I read online and everything she had told me about the whole program as far as the car and dealing with the engine, I felt comfortable with it. It wasn’t going to hurt my pocket too bad. I’ll recommend Trustmark to others.

Trustmark had a longer extended auto warranty so I chose them. I've only been with them for a month. I don't have a lot of funds so I figured I should have insurance in case something happens to my car. I spoke to two other providers and the guys weren't as nice as the ones at Trustmark. They were really pushy and somewhat nasty. Their customer service was what moved me. When purchasing the warranty, I needed someone to call me back at a certain time of day but not consistently bothering and nagging me. The Trustmark specialist did contact me. She was really nice. She got a little personal because we lived in the same area before and so I felt comfortable with her. On the whole, the purchasing experience was easy.

Trustmark's pricing is a little bit higher but the promises are better than the others. They said if ever the car broke down, they have the rent a car policy. And if I am out of town and stay in that place for a day, they will shoulder expenses for the room. I was discussing it with my friend who told me they will go with Trustmark too if I would not have any headache, but they want to see me first if I am satisfied. I hope filing a claim will be a good experience.

Factual basis uncertain

When somebody buys a used car, they don't know what they're getting. It's not a matter of if something goes wrong. It's a matter of when something goes wrong. I had purchased a Chevy Equinox specifically for the purpose of taking my grandmother around because her walker won't fit in the back of her car. However, grandma's old. She doesn't go places too often so I barely drove the thing at all. In the month that I had the warranty, the transmission had issues. Because I had only driven the car not even 100 miles in the three months that I had it, Trustmark Warranty said it was a pre-existing condition and would not cover the work on the transmission. So, I had to send the car back to the finance company and I'm waiting a refund of my money from Trustmark Warranty.

After they said, “Well, we ain’t going to cover that.” I said, “Well then, what the hell happened to the warranty?" I was aware that they were a highly reputable company because I researched on this before I decided who to pick. They had a great reputation. But, whether they thought I was trying to pull a fast one on them or what the deal was, I don’t know if this is normal policy or not. I’ve heard a lot of good reports. I talked with the guy from another car lot about the situation and he asked who I’d gotten the warranty through and I told him. He said, “Wow. I have not heard of them do that too much, hardly ever.” I was flabbergasted by the whole thing.

I expected when I signed up for this warranty to have anything major covered. Things like starters, alternators, stuff like that were not big deals, I can fix those myself. My concern was the drive train, steering components, engine and internal engine issues. I was talking to the car lot on Facebook Messenger and they said, “So what’s going on with your car?” I said, “The transmission needs to be replaced.” That’s when I found out that they knew there was an issue because their response was, “Oh, I thought it was just a sensor or something.” I’m quite upset with both the car lot and the warranty company. Now I have a repossession on my record. I would not recommend Trustmark Warranty because of my negative experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just bought my vehicle and it had a three-month warranty. I don’t trust vehicles to go out on me, and I'm not a maintenance guy, so I decided to get the warranty. I looked at Trustmark Warranty’s price and compared it to others. I also looked at the repairs that they all did and it was the same. The one thing that was different was Trustmark was the least expensive one up there and that’s the reason I chose it. And then I read some of the comments, I didn’t see too many people about repair, but I've seen plenty of remark about their finances. When I purchased the protection plan with Trustmark, they were very courteous and helpful. And if I'm not satisfied, I can stop and whatever is left, they will refund the difference. I recommend them because of the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a late model car but I wasn't planning on buying a new one anytime soon and I wanted to make sure I wasn't forced to get a new car so I thought of getting an extended warranty. Trustmark had better ratings compared to others and purchasing the plan from them was pretty easy. I went online, put in a quote and someone called me to explain everything. Then I decided to go ahead and sign up which was pretty simple. They called me on my way home from work and I was signed up before I was half-way home. The specialist I talked to was pretty straightforward. She laid out all the plan, asked if I had any questions, answered all my questions, took my information and then sent me all the paperwork.

I've only been with them for two months now but you can file a claim as soon as you sign up. A couple of weeks ago, I went to the dealership and gave them Trustmark's number. I had a part that was approved and they had to order it. The dealership was supposed to have filed the claim but they have not yet called me back to see if the part's got in to schedule a time to fix it so I'm now waiting. Other than that, there's no long drawn out process in filing a claim and Trustmark covers a lot, too. It is also affordable.

I had a motorhome that broke down on me once. It was really expensive to get it fixed so when my Subaru started getting miles, I got a warranty from Trustmark. Their staff was very helpful, signing up was very easy, and their price was very reasonable. But I only had it a month and then I sold my Subaru. Cancelling seems to be easy as well, I'm just waiting for them to email me a form. And there was no cancellation fee because it was under 60 days.

I’m looking for a warranty for future mechanical problems and one of my friends have the Trustmark Warranty. He recommended it and I took the policy a few weeks ago. The lady explained it to me and then sent me the contract, read it and I agreed. So far, I don’t have any problems and it’s good.

Trustmark Warranty

Thank you Lashay for your confidence in Trustmark Warranty. We always do our utmost to service our clients and look forward to assisting you with unexpected repairs in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2017

My car is an old model which can go out overnight. I knew that it’s going be fixed in the future so I signed up with Trustmark. The next day, my sensor went out and I filed a claim. They denied it saying it was a pre-existing condition which they didn't tell me anything about when I signed up. But other than that, they're good and they're simply doing their job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a warranty for the vehicle I purchased. I looked at Better Business Bureau and Trustmark Warranty didn’t have any bad remarks. It was very easy to purchase a vehicle protection plan from them. The lady who I spoke with was very nice. She broke everything down for me and was able to answer whatever question I had. The specialist was also very courteous and knowledgeable. Everything that I asked, she was able to tell me exactly what was covered. Because I have a Cadillac, I needed to make sure the major components would be covered. I am glad that I went with Trustmark Warranty and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile