toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I would have to say that Adria ** is a great agent. I had a problem, she told me she call me back with a solution and she did. Great worker. The manager she worked with was also great. You cannot beat the terms of this warranty. I have never seen anything like it. I am going to recommend it to all of my friends.

Hello Vincent,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the excellent service that Trustmark Warranty continuously strives to provide! Thank you for choosing to purchase a Trustmark Warranty - happy driving!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Excellent, Excellent Excellent - Aside from the exceptional value offered by Trustmark I just had my first experience as to how terrific this company is. I had an unexpected problem with my 2004 Chevy I took the car to my mechanic & with 24 hours I got my car back fixed as Trustmark was quick, efficient, friendly & just top notch in expediting my repairs! Why go anywhere else!!

I didn't like the warranty from the dealership so I've looked up for extended warranty and Trustmark Warranty has great marks. Because of their reputation, I was prompted to go with them. I called them and got a quote. They followed up with me and did the paperwork for me. Their process was very easy. They have been phenomenal and highly recommended.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to make sure you understood the only reason customer service asked for the downpayment, is that Trustmark Warranty cannot legally pay a claim until a policy has been purchased. As for the claim itself, the website and contract clearly state preexisting conditions are not covered. Additionally, the mileage information you provided at the time of purchase differed greatly from the actual mileage upon your claim just four days later. For these reasons, the claim was denied.

While we hope you decide to retain your warranty to protect against future covered repairs, we will gladly refund your payments to date, if requested.

Best regards,

Trustmark Warranty

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I thought it would be smart to get an extended auto warranty. Trustmark was the first one I found on the internet and they came back with a good review. My first payment with them didn’t go through with the bank account even though the money was there so I went ahead, turned around, and had it redone again through a credit card. They were so adamant about getting my payment in. Then I already had a claim in for the repair with my transmission two weeks after I got the warranty. It was a good timing. However, it was absolutely crap with the protection plan specialist. They say they were gonna cover all the parts of the warranty but then after I had an issue popped up, all of sudden now they don't cover the parts of the transmission that they said they did. They need to refund my money back because I went ahead and gave the payment like they had requested and then they denied everything to do with the claim.

I've purchased some used cars in the past and had some issues, and my brother said I needed to get an extended warranty. Trustmark's Better Business Bureau rating was very high and it seemed like it was a very easy procedure to deal with them. I spoke with Adria who was very professional, helpful, and easy to speak with. She had a genuine concern that everything go well with me and that we were doing everything step by step as needed. She valued my time and responded to any calls I had. I'm very satisfied thus far and the experience was fairly positive with one exception. I tried to log in during the evening hours to submit and purchase a plan, and I had to wait until the following morning and then reach out and call their 800 number and make it count. It might have been a browser issue, but it just didn't work on my attempt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trustmark Warranty?

My previous warranty had expired so I purchased Trustmark Warranty, an extension of AUL, which I previously had. Signing up was wonderful. I felt pretty good about my exchange specifically knowing it was AUL and I knew the service I got with them so I was pretty much trusting the whole process. Their specialist was very helpful, informative and answered all the questions I needed to have answered. I noticed they were offering $100 and I made my purchase in October so I was hoping that they would be able to honor that. I've already recommended Trustmark.

It's beneficial to have extended auto warranty. I went online and there were a lot of companies that offered such but then I found out that Trustmark Warranty's parent company was AUL which I dealt with before. It was a reputable company so I figured Trustmark would be, too.

Trustmark Warranty was offered to us when we bought the car. I called four or five different companies and Trustmark was the most reasonable in terms of pricing. Everybody seems professional and I liked the fact that they were in business for a long time. Also, we were on our way back to California and I wanted somebody who was in California because we have a home there.

My friend recommended that I should get a warranty and said Trustmark was good and fast. But when Ford dealer called, nobody from Trustmark called them back. I had to call Trustmark and I got a lady over the phone who had someone to call Ford then follow up. They didn't call the Ford dealer until 48 hours later. I didn't see any value in having the vehicle protection plan. Trustmark didn't approve the service for my driveline so I had to pay out of my pocket. It was my first time to use the extended warranty and I didn't have a good experience.

I recently purchased an extended auto warranty from Trustmark Warranty and from the beginning I found their service exemplary. It was easy to purchase directly online, price was fair, coverage much more complete than competitors (no lowball entry price then a bunch of add-ons), and no pushy sales people calling you back several times. However when you call Trustmark, they are very helpful and courteous, and go above and beyond to assist you.

My car warranty was ending. I went online and saw that Trustmark Warranty seemed to be pretty affordable. And so, I decided to check into a little bit for it. I contacted them and their rep gave me some information. He was friendly and helpful.

Trustmark Warranty's extended warranty is a good offer and I already recommended two persons to get them, too. Everything is awesome on their website. One can always check real-time suggestion for which warranty is eligible for them. However, there should be one more option to log in and pay monthly payment or see the balance for convenience.

I use the warranty on my vehicle a lot, and it was expiring, so I purchased a protection plan from Trustmark. I did it online, and it was really easy. The website was very easy to navigate. I’m still making payments but it's a lot better knowing that I have a warranty.

I like to be prepared for the future so I got an extended auto warranty. With Trustmark, it was easy to do everything online. For instance, I don't have to call to someone to call me back regarding the price. Plus, I can choose everything online and do it the same day. However, Trustmark doesn't have all the brands.

I bought a vehicle. Then, I was shopping online for an extended warranty and found the price I was looking for. I purchased the protection plan online, and it's pretty easy. I returned the car and we bought another one, so, I replaced the policy with another Trustmark policy. They were nice enough to refund the premium. I'm sure the refund was written in the contract that way but I wasn't expecting it. Overall, it was a great experience.

Trustmark Warranty

Unfortunately, you made the claim only 13 miles after purchasing your Trustmark Warranty. However, in good faith, we sent an inspector to see if your transmission issue was somehow a repair that was not due to a pre-existing condition. The transmission oil, however, was smokey, indicating that this had been a pre-existing condition. Additionally, the Trustmark Warranty contract clearly states that it does not cover cars that are being used for taxis or public hire. When the inspector arrived to look at the transmission, there were Uber stickers on the front and rear windshields. We are sorry this did not work out this time and wish you all the best.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

My whole experience dealing with Trustmark was very upsetting. I got the warranty and drove down to Los Angeles. They said they wanted to void my warranty because I had Uber. I don’t drive for Uber or Lyft. I can provide documentation and everything from the companies stating that I don’t drive for them due to my driving record. Trustmark still couldn’t honor it. All of a sudden, they came out to try to do an inspection on the car ‘cause I needed a transmission replaced, and I told them I just wanted to go ahead and get the car fixed. I cancelled my whole contract and no longer do business with Trustmark.

Factual basis uncertain

Terrible experience. My claim denied! They say no waiting period. I had an issue happen within a few weeks of paying for my warranty and it was denied and I was told because it was too soon. The dealership found another issue I was unaware of and that was denied also, a "pre-existing condition." Don't waste your money with this company! How was I to know our rear seal was leaking? No oil leaks in our garage. How often do you crawl underneath your car if you see no leaks? What a shame, I had another car to buy a warranty for also.

Hi William,

Thank you for your feedback on your refund progress. As you know from speaking with Customer Service, your reimbursement was mailed out on 10/03 and should be arriving shortly. Please note that at the present time, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks from refund request to reimbursement. Rest assured we recognize the need to speed the process and are working on a solution.

Thank you again for your feedback, as input from our customers helps us to provide even better products and better service. And while you ultimately chose to buy a new car, we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Happy driving in your new car!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

Trustmark Warranty was the first one that came up when I searched for an extended auto warranty. Their representative was nice and they had the best deals. But I ended up trading my vehicle for a brand new one and though they had a 30-days money back guarantee, getting the money back from them was a hassle. This has been going on for the last month and I haven't got my money back yet. I've contacted them for at least 10 times and I usually get the answering service or sometimes I will talk to this nice lady that has a direct extension. Then right now, I got a pending charge in my bank account because they were supposed to cancel everything out like they said they were, and I got charged again for this month.

I had to do all the stuff for myself. I had to talk to the lady and then I've been trying to talk to a manager who said would get back to me when he could. Then I finally heard back from their billing company who told me that my down payment will be refunded after Trustmark cancels. It's still in the process of being cancelled, so I'm still waiting back for my down payment and for them to take off the previous month they charged me. Getting the warranty was easy, but trying to get my money back from them is horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My vehicle was losing its manufacturer’s warranty. I looked at five different warranty plans over a four week period and I was most impressed by Trustmark's warranty. They have a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. I was also impressed wth their whole marketing practice and that they didn’t have a big hard-sell. I didn’t have to go through a lot of garbage with the salesperson, so it covered what I wanted. We're thinking about buying one for another vehicle that we have. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was getting a car and I wanted to make sure it was protected. So when we found Trustmark online and because their pricing was really good, we got them for our auto warranty. They were good to work with so buying the plan has been very easy. I got a packet from them that was pretty straightforward.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I expect to have my car for the next four or five years so to be on the safe side, I shopped around for extended auto warranties and Trustmark Warranty had the best price for what they offered. I purchased the plan quickly and easily. Their reps were very helpful and the specialist I spoke with was able to answer any questions I had. Having extended coverage is valuable though in the claim I just filed, not everything was covered. I had taken my car into the shop to have the routine brake service done and other issues were found. Now, I'm waiting to get those fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mercedes is an expensive car so we have to have a warranty for that. We didn't have a good experience with another couple of warranty companies, so I looked into Trustmark's rating. It turns out that they had better ratings than others, so we decided to try them out. It was easy to purchase the coverage and they explained the benefits and steps in filing a claim. When we had to file one last week, the gentleman that I talked to was quick and did everything.

However, I had a problem with the service on the engine module. They did take care of it, but there were some sensors that made a damage to the module and my dealership has called Trustmark to take care of it. I wasn't sure how long it would take and I didn't ask for to get a rental car, but it was almost one week now. Though it was a little bit quicker when I took it to the dealership, they still didn't tell me if I can take the car for rental. But other than that, everything is okay. Everybody, especially those with high-end cars, should have a warranty because having electronic problem costs more nowadays.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed to re-extend the warranty of our car. So I researched online, and I looked at quite a number of auto warranties, including Trustmark. I decided their product and pricing seemed to be the best deal for us. The process was pretty easy, overall, and their reps were good about explaining and answering questions. They very willingly and smoothly emailed me a copy of what the contract would be, so that I could look at what all the listed covered parts actually were in the contract. That was unlike the other companies I considered that said, "Well, you sign up and you give us your deposit, and then we send you a contract and you have 30 days to change your mind." They would recite it over the phone, but they wouldn't give me a copy of the contract in advance. But Trustmark had no issue with that and they just sent it right over.

Also, they were not the hard sell. They knew they had a good product and good coverage. One of the other companies, I finally had to block, because they were getting annoying. Trustmark never got annoying. However, sometimes we never need to use the extended warranties on our cars. We like to get ourselves over-insured and we would've liked to have considered paying a slightly higher premium to get a zero deductible, but that wasn't an option, and that was about the only thing that we were also looking for in a coverage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our manufacturer's warranty was expired, so we purchased an extended warranty from Trustmark. They don't have many complaints on ConsumerAffairs and other similar sites online. Their price was more reasonable for the number of years and miles that they gave us compared to other warranty companies, and they didn't require an inspection. It was very easy to purchase it. Their representative was very helpful and answered all my questions. He took his time and stayed with me on the phone while he talked me through it online. I'm very satisfied with my experience with them so far.

My mechanic advised me that I should get an auto warranty for the type of car that I owned and that it would be necessary in the future. Trustmark Warranty has no waiting period, their warranty was a lot cheaper and they have a lot more extensive warranty coverage. Their purchasing process was very quick and easy. I did it all in 15 minutes. I did my research and I called and asked a couple of questions. And then afterwards, I purchased on the website. I already filed a claim for my power steering that went out on my car and the process was very quick and easy. It was great to have a warranty. Also, Trustmark website was very easy to understand. One could easily navigate through their website to see what they're looking for. They have big bold letters with no fine print so they could see what was excluded and was covered on their warranty. There was no question marks and I love that. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having an extended auto warranty is value. Trustmark Warranty's BBB rating, their online reviews, what they have to offer and what is covered in their plan made me choose them. The process of buying their protection plan was easy though I haven't had the chance to use mine yet.

Hi Ted,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is always great to get feedback from our customers. In your review, however, you note that you are still within the ‘1000-mile, one-month period’. Well, we have great news for you! At Trustmark Warranty there is no ‘1000-mile, one-month' period, and your warranty coverage started on day one. No waiting period! While we’re glad to hear that you haven’t needed to use your warranty thus far, we look forward to the opportunity to provide you with exemplary service when the need arises.

Thank you again for your review and feedback!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I just got the vehicle and the dealer warranty was very expensive but pretty basic, and didn’t cover as much equipment on the car. I went online to compare the ratings and Trustmark was ranked in the top five. I like their coverage, the online ease, and their competitive price. The representatives I've spoken to were also very helpful, which was another reason I went with them. Their process was very simple and it's very refreshing to find something that you can do without a lot of pain. I’m still within the 1000-mile, one-month period and everything’s gone fine so far. I’ve had my vehicle in, had the oil changed at the dealer so it’s been monitored appropriately for the warranty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have an extended warranty on our house and we even carry pet insurance, so I thought that an extended warranty for the car is a wise thing to have because it's getting older. Trustmark seemed to be the best based on the online reviews and purchasing their plan was very simple and quick. I did it all online and it was very easy to do.

Hello Vincent,

We are thrilled that you're pleased with the purchase of your Trustmark Warranty. We greatly appreciate the time you took to let us know of your experience. We wish you all the best!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I have looking for sometime to find an extended warranty company for my 2004 Chevy. After some extensive research I found Trustmark. They do not do any advertising unlike their competitors & thankfully so as the huge savings they afford their potential customers is worth it. Although I have not put the warranty to the test yet I can only hope that, that experience will be as painless and trouble free as the sign up process! P.S. being Consumer Affairs accredited only helps...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an extended warranty before and I'm on a fixed income, so it seemed like the thing to do. Trustmark had been in business for 26 years and I figured a company that’s been around that long was doing something right. It also seemed like their newest product is very good. They didn’t go into how to file claims but they said all those will be covered in the package that I got. I haven’t received the package but it looks like it's fairly easy. Everything was explained to me pretty clearly and it seemed like it covers all the normal things that I would think a warranty would cover. There are things I'm sure aren't covered, but I wouldn’t expect things like the brake fuse and brake pads in a normal way.

Question and Answers - Trustmark Warranty

What problem is Trustmark Warranty trying to solve?

Trustmark Warranty’s purpose is to bring honorable and trustworthy extended auto warranties to consumers at an affordable price – without the need of pushy sales staff. A good trustworthy policy sells itself. And research will show you that all Trustmark Warranty policies are backed by an A-rated insurance company with $32 Billion in assets. An insurance company that guarantees every policy.

After all, Americans are holding onto their cars longer than ever before and repairs are getting more complex and expensive by the year. It is our belief that consumers deserve an affordable extended warranty that will be there when they need it. Trustmark Warranty. It’s in the name.

What sets Trustmark Warranty apart from the competition?

Trustmark Warranty’s advantages include providing the most cost effective extended warranties and the most comprehensive coverage in the market. Trustmark policyholders can repair their vehicle at any licensed facility (dealer or mechanic) nationwide and Trustmark will handle all invoicing/payment that deals directly with the facility for all covered expenses. Also, we are the only provider where coverage starts on day one, we do not require auto inspection and consumers can obtain a quote on their own, online, in just a few minutes.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Trustmark Warranty combines personalized customer service with the most competitive pricing. Yet, unlike most of our competitors’ products, our policies are backed by a Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (CLIP) issued by an A rated insurance carrier with $32 Billion in assets – meaning if Trustmark Warranty were to close up shop while customers’ policies were still in place, their policy would be still covered by the CLIP and honored in full.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your company?

Due to the recent launch of Trustmark Warranty, some consumers may make the mistake in assuming that we do not have much experience in the industry. But don’t let that newness fool you. The people of Trustmark Warranty have been in the extended warranty business for more than 25 years, and the underwriter of all Trustmark policies is a $32 billion dollar A-rated insurance company that guarantees the performance of every single warranty.

How does Trustmark Warranty measure success?

At Trustmark Warranty, we measure success by making our customers happy. We achieve this by doing what we say we are going to do and by going the extra mile. If we can make each customer happy and earn his or her trust, we consider that to be the highest measure of success.

What are Trustmark Warranty values?

Trustmark Warranty values begin and end with trustworthiness and honor. After all, that is what we expect from our partners and ourselves; so it is the very least our customers should expect from us.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

Again, being the new kid on the block, we wish more consumers were aware of how much they could save with a Trustmark Warranty policy. And how that translates into peace of mind. But it’s just a matter of time.

What are the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

The most common misconception or in some cases perception, of our industry, is that it is dishonest at worst and not worth the expense at best. But that is precisely why Trustmark Warranty is here – to provide cost-effective and comprehensive extended auto warranty policies that you can trust.

What is the greatest obstacle Trustmark Warranty is currently trying to overcome?

The greatest obstacle we’re trying to overcome is to show consumers that affordability, comprehensive coverage, and trustworthiness are not mutually exclusive. With Trustmark Warranty, you can have all three.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Unfortunately for consumers, we feel the industry hasn’t changed enough. Aside from the general benefits that the Internet provides (research, information, convenience, etc.), policies have traditionally been just too expensive and the sales process, too uncomfortable. With Trustmark Warranty, consumers now have several cost effective options they can purchase entirely online, at any time – without having to speak to a company representative. Unless of course, they want to.

How has Trustmark Warranty grown or evolved?

While Trustmark Warranty is still fairly new, we have already streamlined our online presence and purchase process due to customer feedback. As an example, we’re the first, but not likely the last, to remove the auto inspection requirement. And as we grow, we’ll continue to modify our processes and products to meet customer demand.

How do you see the company growing or evolving in the future?

We honestly see Trustmark Warranty as an innovator in the industry and to eventually be the market leader.

Where do great ideas come from in Trustmark Warranty?

At Trustmark Warranty, our great ideas come from all levels of our organization. All of our employees are encouraged to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their jobs, interactions with customers and interactions internally; so that we can better serve our customers and improve our products.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

If you have a used car that is out of warranty, place your trust in one of our Trustmark Warranty policies, and we’ll bend over backwards to honor that trust.

Trustmark Warranty Company Profile