4.7/5 (14 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Shawn Richardson

About Premier Auto Protect

Premier Auto Protect helps car owners avoid costly vehicle repairs with its vehicle service contracts. The company offers four plan levels, which all include a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 roadside assistance. Customers can choose any ASE-certified technician for repairs and transfer their contract after selling a car.

Pros

• 24/7 support
  • Direct payment to repair shop
  • Rental car coverage

Cons

• Quote only over phone

Bottom Line

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider of service contracts for vehicle repair. Customers can choose their own repair shop and get free roadside assistance. You can cancel or transfer coverage at any time.

Top Premier Auto Protect Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

This is an awesome extended coverage company named premier car care coverage. Ralph is over the top amazing. He answered all my questions. He took all the time needed without hesi...

What is Premier Auto Protect?

Premier Auto Protect offers vehicle service contracts that protect drivers from costly auto repairs. Vehicle service contracts cover the cost of mechanical repairs to your car after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider — meaning it both sells and administers plans. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car coverage. Support is available to customers 24 hours per day, every day of the year.

How does Premier Auto Protect work?

To get started with Premier Auto Protect, you request a free quote online or by calling. You need to provide details such as your vehicle’s year, make and model. Then you choose from four coverage plans.

When you need to make a claim, bring your vehicle to the repair facility or dealership of your choice and present your plan information. You can take your car or truck to any mechanic as long as they are ASE-certified.

Premier Auto Protect pays for the covered repairs, including parts and labor, directly over the phone with the dealership or repair facility. You just pay your deductible (if your plan has one). Premier may provide you with a free rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.

Premier Auto Protect plans

Premier Auto Protect offers four levels of coverage: Premier Basic, Premier Value, Premier Complete and Exclusionary.

The Premier Basic plan covers:
  • Brakes
  • Roadside assistance
  • Rental car
The Premier Value plan covers everything in the Premier Basic plan, plus:
  • Steering (manual or power)
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Air conditioning
  • Fuel system
  • Seals and gaskets
  • Electrical
The Premier Complete plan builds on the Premier Value plan, adding these coverages:
  • Anti-lock brakes
  • Heating
  • High-tech electronics
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Hybrid
The Exclusionary plan covers everything except items specifically listed as excluded. It's Premier Auto Protect’s most comprehensive plan.

How much does Premier Auto Protect cost?

To learn about Premier Auto Protect’s pricing, you can request a free quote on its website or over the phone. The price of your coverage depends on your car’s make, model and year; its mileage; and other factors.

Premier Auto Protect offers “preferred pricing” for members of certain organizations, including:

• AAA
  • AARP
  • PenFed credit union
  • USAA
  • TRICARE
  • VA system

Each Premier plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee; if you buy coverage and change your mind within 30 days, you can get a full refund. If you cancel coverage after 30 days, you get a prorated refund.

Premier Auto Protect FAQ

Can I choose my own mechanic with Premier Auto Protect?
You can choose any mechanic who is ASE-certified. ASE, or the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, has certified over 250,000 professionals.
Is a Premier Auto Protect warranty transferable?
Premier Auto Protect allows you to transfer your warranty to a new vehicle owner.
What are Premier Auto Protect’s coverage limits?
Premier Auto Protect covers vehicles with over 200,000 miles on the odometer with certain plans. The Exclusionary plan is available on cars up to 8 years old with up to 100,000 miles.
What is Premier Auto Protect’s cancellation policy?
If you cancel your vehicle service contract within the first 30 days, Premier Auto Protect issues a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the contract.

Is Premier Auto Protect worth it?

Premier Auto Protect is worth considering if you are in the market for an extended auto warranty. There are four different levels of coverage and benefits that come with each plan, like roadside assistance and rental car coverage. We like that Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider and has a generous referral program. Before signing up for a plan, get quotes from multiple extended auto warranty companies and compare plans and prices to find the right coverage for you.

Premier Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Auto Protect?

Original review: May 17, 2022

We put a GMC Acadia 2013 under Premier Auto Protect. We got the top plan, so it would cover everything. They said there's a 30-day waiting period, which I can understand because people would probably take it out because they have problems. We didn't have any problems.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Marilyn, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I obtained Premier Auto on April 14th of this year. The gentleman, Robert, helped me and he was really good. I told him the vehicle I had and how much mileage I had on it. I didn't have a warranty because it was a used vehicle. Robert broke everything down and gave me two options between the three-year plan and the five-year one. He explained what the monthly payment would be and if I continue, how long it would take. He told me how much the actual payment plan was if I just pay monthly and what the amount would be if I paid him in full. There was no penalty if I decided to pay everything in full.

Robert was really knowledgeable, professional and dedicated. Nowadays, customer service is not what it used to be over maybe 15 to 20 years ago. To have an individual that is working for a company actually study the product, know the product, have had people test the products out and sit there and sell it and have that new customer or existing customer be okay, especially if they have to call in and do a claim to make a smooth transition, I really appreciate that. He told me it would take 30 days and that May 14th would be the day that the warranty would be effective for my truck.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Angela, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Robert. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 4, 2022

I like having a warranty when I have a car, and that gives me peace of mind. When I spoke to the nice young gentleman from Premier Auto Warranty, I was impressed with what he told me. I decided to sign up and it was smooth. I've not had any claim yet, but the coverage is bumper to bumper. I have a $100 deductible too, and that's fine with me.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Edet, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 3, 2022

Premier Auto Protect did a very good job. I purchased a brand new truck with some specialized equipment and something I plan on toying with. The rep was really good at explaining what the pros and cons were of one plan versus another plan. He was very helpful. I would tell people how easy and inexpensive it was for the coverage.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Clement , We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 2, 2022

I signed up with Premier Auto Protect online. I was just a little disappointed that I have to wait so long if anything happens to my car. I am retired, so I don't drive my car very often. It will take forever to get the miles on there that are required before I can use it.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Debby, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 26, 2022

Premier had a better rate. Everything was good and really smooth. They were really quick and professional too. I have a copy of their policy and I have read it.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Noble , We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 20, 2022

The process with Premier Auto Protect went smoothly and that was why I bought it for my Chevy Cruze. Everything’s okay so far.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Donna, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The gentleman from Premier Auto, Ralph, called me and he was really thorough. He gave me a lot of insights and I like the way he approached me. But unfortunately, I haven't heard from him anymore. I sent him a few messages and maybe he didn't receive it. It seems to me I got the wrong number. They didn't get back to me efficiently and that's the only drawback. But Ralph seemed very good about it. I just joined and hopefully, they will uphold whatever promise they made.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I got a plan through Premier Auto Protect. They were extremely professional and reliable. My car isn't new and my protection plan allows me to drive with confidence. I've been lucky not to have needed to take advantage of the protection plan, but it's comforting to know that it's there if I need it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been shopping for an extended warranty for our car. The employee I was connected with was Ralph **. He was very informed and was able to answer all of my questions. He was patient with an old man and very polite. He represented your company to the highest degree. I would be glad to recommend Premier to any of my friends or family. I would have them ask for Ralph. He’s definitely a professional and asset to your company.

Premier Auto Protect Company Information