4.3/5 (49 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Premier Auto Protect

Premier Auto Protect helps car owners avoid costly vehicle repairs with its vehicle service contracts. The company offers four plan levels, which all include a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 roadside assistance. Customers can choose any ASE-certified technician for repairs and transfer their contract after selling a car.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• 24/7 support
    • Direct payment to repair shop
    • Rental car coverage

Cons

• Quote only over phone

Bottom Line

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider of service contracts for vehicle repair. Customers can choose their own repair shop and get free roadside assistance. You can cancel or transfer coverage at any time.

Top Premier Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Auto Protect?

Verified

I got a plan through Premier Auto Protect. They were extremely professional and reliable. My car isn't new and my protection plan allows me to drive with confidence. I've been luc...

Verified

This is an awesome extended coverage company named premier car care coverage. Ralph is over the top amazing. He answered all my questions. He took all the time needed without hesi...

What is Premier Auto Protect?

Premier Auto Protect offers vehicle service contracts that protect drivers from costly auto repairs. Vehicle service contracts cover the cost of mechanical repairs to your car after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider — meaning it both sells and administers plans. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car coverage. Support is available to customers 24 hours per day, every day of the year.

How does Premier Auto Protect work?

To get started with Premier Auto Protect, you request a free quote online or by calling. You need to provide details such as your vehicle’s year, make and model. Then you choose from four coverage plans.

When you need to make a claim, bring your vehicle to the repair facility or dealership of your choice and present your plan information. You can take your car or truck to any mechanic as long as they are ASE-certified.

Premier Auto Protect pays for the covered repairs, including parts and labor, directly over the phone with the dealership or repair facility. You just pay your deductible (if your plan has one). Premier may provide you with a free rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.

Premier Auto Protect plans

Premier Auto Protect offers four levels of coverage: Premier Basic, Premier Value, Premier Complete and Exclusionary.

The Premier Basic plan covers:
    • Brakes
    • Roadside assistance
    • Rental car
    The Premier Value plan covers everything in the Premier Basic plan, plus:
    • Steering (manual or power)
    • Turbo/supercharger
    • Air conditioning
    • Fuel system
    • Seals and gaskets
    • Electrical
    The Premier Complete plan builds on the Premier Value plan, adding these coverages:
    • Anti-lock brakes
    • Heating
    • High-tech electronics
    • Front/rear suspension
    • Hybrid
    The Exclusionary plan covers everything except items specifically listed as excluded. It's Premier Auto Protect’s most comprehensive plan.

How much does Premier Auto Protect cost?

To learn about Premier Auto Protect’s pricing, you can request a free quote on its website or over the phone. The price of your coverage depends on your car’s make, model and year; its mileage; and other factors.

Premier Auto Protect offers “preferred pricing” for members of certain organizations, including:

• AAA
    • AARP
    • PenFed credit union
    • USAA
    • TRICARE
    • VA system

Each Premier plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee; if you buy coverage and change your mind within 30 days, you can get a full refund. If you cancel coverage after 30 days, you get a prorated refund.

Premier Auto Protect FAQ

Can I choose my own mechanic with Premier Auto Protect?
    You can choose any mechanic who is ASE-certified. ASE, or the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, has certified over 250,000 professionals.
    Is a Premier Auto Protect warranty transferable?
    Premier Auto Protect allows you to transfer your warranty to a new vehicle owner.
    What are Premier Auto Protect’s coverage limits?
    Premier Auto Protect covers vehicles with over 200,000 miles on the odometer with certain plans. The Exclusionary plan is available on cars up to 8 years old with up to 100,000 miles.
    What is Premier Auto Protect’s cancellation policy?
    If you cancel your vehicle service contract within the first 30 days, Premier Auto Protect issues a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the contract.

Is Premier Auto Protect worth it?

Premier Auto Protect is worth considering if you are in the market for an extended auto warranty. There are four different levels of coverage and benefits that come with each plan, like roadside assistance and rental car coverage. We like that Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider and has a generous referral program. Before signing up for a plan, get quotes from multiple extended auto warranty companies and compare plans and prices to find the right coverage for you.

Premier Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Auto Protect?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Conducted pricing from several auto warranty companies, and decided to go with Premier Auto Warranty. Tom M. was very professional, no pressure sales, explained their product and different plans, provided discounts, and very easy to work with. Other companies I called were trying to make the make the same the same day and bashing other companies warranties stating theirs is the best out there. Tom was friendly, courteous, easy to work with and the fact that he respected me as a customer who is looking for pricing and comparison without expecting me to make a decision right there or the next day.

Followed up a couple of days after further review of 6 companies and decided to go with Premier Auto because of their pricing, coverage, maintenance plans included for the next 12 months, and the outstanding customer service provided by Tom M. What surprised me was the addition discount Tom M provided after going through the pricing and terms, for multi-vehicle coverage. Saving is savings. Thanks Tom M. for allowing your company to provide an additional 5-yr extended warranty in my vehicles. I will definitely recommend Premier Auto Warranty to family and friends. :-)

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Mike, We really appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Tom. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Premier was the only warranty site that corresponded with me by email. Other companies want a phone number to immediately call you to make a sale. There was no pressured phone call or salesmen pushing for a deal. I was able to get a quote and read a sample warranty before I chose to do business with Premier. Once I saw the info in my email I was able to write down questions and concerns and was prepared when I called. The process was so easy and I felt as if I was in control of the process. I got a great deal and could not be more satisfied.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Donald, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Premier was about the same amount with other companies, and by the time we finished up, it was $10 cheaper a month. I asked the guy that talked to me questions and he told me the truth. I felt that he was being sincere and wanting to make sure that I got protected. And I went with him. I got the policy that takes care of everything from the bumper to the transmission. That’s what I needed. Because I love my car. If something happened to my car, I couldn't afford to put a down payment down for a new car because I can't afford the car payment. It was cheaper to get this because it has road assistance, too. It was cheaper to do this every month than it is a car payment. And I keep my car.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Peggy, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 28, 2022

I signed up with Endurance, but they kept screwing everything up. They got my contract and down payment wrong. They said they revised it and sent me a new payment schedule. It was a disaster, so I canceled with them and looked for somebody else. I found Premier through ConsumerAffairs. I looked at so many other companies as well, including Concord and Toco, but Premier had the best price for the best coverage and had decent reviews on the Better Business Bureau and some other places. I also called the premier BMW dealership here in the Dallas area and asked them about Premier. They said they had worked with them and had no problems with them. They also told me to stay the hell away from CarShield and Royal, which I did.

I decided to sign up with Premier, and it was pretty easy. They gave me a great deal too. The reps were great. Every time I’d tell them that I was gonna shop somewhere else, they were very cool about it. That's why I signed up. They’d say, “Hey, you want us to call you back?” I'd say, “Yeah. Call me on this day.” They did it. The kid that I was dealing with was there all the time. Any time I made a call, they passed me through to him. Premier had, so far, the best customer service, ‘cause what they didn't do was try to keep me from getting off the phone without signing up, which just irritates the hell out of me.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Derek, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 11, 2022

I obtained Premier Auto on April 14th of this year. The gentleman, Robert, helped me and he was really good. I told him the vehicle I had and how much mileage I had on it. I didn't have a warranty because it was a used vehicle. Robert broke everything down and gave me two options between the three-year plan and the five-year one. He explained what the monthly payment would be and if I continue, how long it would take. He told me how much the actual payment plan was if I just pay monthly and what the amount would be if I paid him in full. There was no penalty if I decided to pay everything in full.

Robert was really knowledgeable, professional and dedicated. Nowadays, customer service is not what it used to be over maybe 15 to 20 years ago. To have an individual that is working for a company actually study the product, know the product, have had people test the products out and sit there and sell it and have that new customer or existing customer be okay, especially if they have to call in and do a claim to make a smooth transition, I really appreciate that. He told me it would take 30 days and that May 14th would be the day that the warranty would be effective for my truck.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Angela, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Robert. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
      Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Purchased the top auto warrant Premier offers. The first time I've used it and my 2017 GMC Yukon (70000 miles) has been in an top-rated ASE certified shop for four days for a failed starter motor. This repair should have taken 2 hours including testing. My vehicle has been at the shop for four days now! Premier keeps telling the shop to perform more test, when they jumped through all their hoops for the testing, then they want time to review the test findings? The next day the shop tries to get approval AGAIN, and after a full day, Premier now wants a picture of the starter in the vehicle????

My vehicle has now been in and out of the shop, and up and down off the lift 3 different times for these different request. Remember that shops are busy, they can't tie up a bay and lift for days waiting on an approval, so it's back out to the parking lot to wait for the approval. Meanwhile my favorite shop is saying, all this time and effort for a $350. starter job??? The electrical test verified the starter was bad, what does a picture of a starter do for the process? and why wasn't the picture asked for with the testing process.

We feel like this run-around process is done to deter you from using the warranty. What it's going to result in is my canceling the warranty. SO, if you buy the warranty... do like I did and choose the monthly payment plan. I could have paid it in full, but then if you cancel you have to fight to get the full refund. Now, I'll cancel and just stop the credit card withdrawal. GOOD LUCK!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Very friendly staff, timely and professional. Would definitely recommend them. Very nice people and they know their stuff!!! When I was in doubt they explained everything very clearly. The only people I would recommend to my family and friends.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Rory, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Hi, I was looking for an extended warranty, and I found Premier Auto Protect. They were so great and helped me so much. They got me a great deal even though I have a lot of miles on my car. I am very happy!

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Mindy , We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Premier Auto Protect sold me a great auto warranty. I had them confirm a few times. No catches, no hidden fees. A great warranty. I had looked at many other auto warranty companies but they all charged too much. Premier Auto Protect was the only one that I felt comfortable with.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Joshua, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I had a great experience with this company. They handled my repairs quickly and it was great to have my car back so soon. I have had some bad experiences with warranty companies in the past, but the Premier Auto Protect customer service staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this company to anyone and if I ever need another warranty I will definitely choose Premier Auto Protect.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Tom, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Premier Auto Protect Company Information