4.2/5 (36 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Shawn Richardson

About Premier Auto Protect

Premier Auto Protect helps car owners avoid costly vehicle repairs with its vehicle service contracts. The company offers four plan levels, which all include a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 roadside assistance. Customers can choose any ASE-certified technician for repairs and transfer their contract after selling a car.

Pros

• 24/7 support
  • Direct payment to repair shop
  • Rental car coverage

Cons

• Quote only over phone

Bottom Line

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider of service contracts for vehicle repair. Customers can choose their own repair shop and get free roadside assistance. You can cancel or transfer coverage at any time.

Top Premier Auto Protect Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I got a plan through Premier Auto Protect. They were extremely professional and reliable. My car isn't new and my protection plan allows me to drive with confidence. I've been luc...

Verified

This is an awesome extended coverage company named premier car care coverage. Ralph is over the top amazing. He answered all my questions. He took all the time needed without hesi...

What is Premier Auto Protect?

Premier Auto Protect offers vehicle service contracts that protect drivers from costly auto repairs. Vehicle service contracts cover the cost of mechanical repairs to your car after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider — meaning it both sells and administers plans. Plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car coverage. Support is available to customers 24 hours per day, every day of the year.

How does Premier Auto Protect work?

To get started with Premier Auto Protect, you request a free quote online or by calling. You need to provide details such as your vehicle’s year, make and model. Then you choose from four coverage plans.

When you need to make a claim, bring your vehicle to the repair facility or dealership of your choice and present your plan information. You can take your car or truck to any mechanic as long as they are ASE-certified.

Premier Auto Protect pays for the covered repairs, including parts and labor, directly over the phone with the dealership or repair facility. You just pay your deductible (if your plan has one). Premier may provide you with a free rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.

Premier Auto Protect plans

Premier Auto Protect offers four levels of coverage: Premier Basic, Premier Value, Premier Complete and Exclusionary.

The Premier Basic plan covers:
  • Brakes
  • Roadside assistance
  • Rental car
The Premier Value plan covers everything in the Premier Basic plan, plus:
  • Steering (manual or power)
  • Turbo/supercharger
  • Air conditioning
  • Fuel system
  • Seals and gaskets
  • Electrical
The Premier Complete plan builds on the Premier Value plan, adding these coverages:
  • Anti-lock brakes
  • Heating
  • High-tech electronics
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Hybrid
The Exclusionary plan covers everything except items specifically listed as excluded. It's Premier Auto Protect’s most comprehensive plan.

How much does Premier Auto Protect cost?

To learn about Premier Auto Protect’s pricing, you can request a free quote on its website or over the phone. The price of your coverage depends on your car’s make, model and year; its mileage; and other factors.

Premier Auto Protect offers “preferred pricing” for members of certain organizations, including:

• AAA
  • AARP
  • PenFed credit union
  • USAA
  • TRICARE
  • VA system

Each Premier plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee; if you buy coverage and change your mind within 30 days, you can get a full refund. If you cancel coverage after 30 days, you get a prorated refund.

Premier Auto Protect FAQ

Can I choose my own mechanic with Premier Auto Protect?
You can choose any mechanic who is ASE-certified. ASE, or the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, has certified over 250,000 professionals.
Is a Premier Auto Protect warranty transferable?
Premier Auto Protect allows you to transfer your warranty to a new vehicle owner.
What are Premier Auto Protect’s coverage limits?
Premier Auto Protect covers vehicles with over 200,000 miles on the odometer with certain plans. The Exclusionary plan is available on cars up to 8 years old with up to 100,000 miles.
What is Premier Auto Protect’s cancellation policy?
If you cancel your vehicle service contract within the first 30 days, Premier Auto Protect issues a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the contract.

Is Premier Auto Protect worth it?

Premier Auto Protect is worth considering if you are in the market for an extended auto warranty. There are four different levels of coverage and benefits that come with each plan, like roadside assistance and rental car coverage. We like that Premier Auto Protect is a direct provider and has a generous referral program. Before signing up for a plan, get quotes from multiple extended auto warranty companies and compare plans and prices to find the right coverage for you.

Premier Auto Protect Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Premier was the only warranty site that corresponded with me by email. Other companies want a phone number to immediately call you to make a sale. There was no pressured phone call or salesmen pushing for a deal. I was able to get a quote and read a sample warranty before I chose to do business with Premier. Once I saw the info in my email I was able to write down questions and concerns and was prepared when I called. The process was so easy and I felt as if I was in control of the process. I got a great deal and could not be more satisfied.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Donald, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Premier was about the same amount with other companies, and by the time we finished up, it was $10 cheaper a month. I asked the guy that talked to me questions and he told me the truth. I felt that he was being sincere and wanting to make sure that I got protected. And I went with him. I got the policy that takes care of everything from the bumper to the transmission. That’s what I needed. Because I love my car. If something happened to my car, I couldn't afford to put a down payment down for a new car because I can't afford the car payment. It was cheaper to get this because it has road assistance, too. It was cheaper to do this every month than it is a car payment. And I keep my car.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Peggy, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 28, 2022

I signed up with Endurance, but they kept screwing everything up. They got my contract and down payment wrong. They said they revised it and sent me a new payment schedule. It was a disaster, so I canceled with them and looked for somebody else. I found Premier through ConsumerAffairs. I looked at so many other companies as well, including Concord and Toco, but Premier had the best price for the best coverage and had decent reviews on the Better Business Bureau and some other places. I also called the premier BMW dealership here in the Dallas area and asked them about Premier. They said they had worked with them and had no problems with them. They also told me to stay the hell away from CarShield and Royal, which I did.

I decided to sign up with Premier, and it was pretty easy. They gave me a great deal too. The reps were great. Every time I’d tell them that I was gonna shop somewhere else, they were very cool about it. That's why I signed up. They’d say, “Hey, you want us to call you back?” I'd say, “Yeah. Call me on this day.” They did it. The kid that I was dealing with was there all the time. Any time I made a call, they passed me through to him. Premier had, so far, the best customer service, ‘cause what they didn't do was try to keep me from getting off the phone without signing up, which just irritates the hell out of me.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Derek, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 11, 2022

I obtained Premier Auto on April 14th of this year. The gentleman, Robert, helped me and he was really good. I told him the vehicle I had and how much mileage I had on it. I didn't have a warranty because it was a used vehicle. Robert broke everything down and gave me two options between the three-year plan and the five-year one. He explained what the monthly payment would be and if I continue, how long it would take. He told me how much the actual payment plan was if I just pay monthly and what the amount would be if I paid him in full. There was no penalty if I decided to pay everything in full.

Robert was really knowledgeable, professional and dedicated. Nowadays, customer service is not what it used to be over maybe 15 to 20 years ago. To have an individual that is working for a company actually study the product, know the product, have had people test the products out and sit there and sell it and have that new customer or existing customer be okay, especially if they have to call in and do a claim to make a smooth transition, I really appreciate that. He told me it would take 30 days and that May 14th would be the day that the warranty would be effective for my truck.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Angela, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with Robert. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: May 4, 2022

I like having a warranty when I have a car, and that gives me peace of mind. When I spoke to the nice young gentleman from Premier Auto Warranty, I was impressed with what he told me. I decided to sign up and it was smooth. I've not had any claim yet, but the coverage is bumper to bumper. I have a $100 deductible too, and that's fine with me.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Edet, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The customer care service at Premier Auto Protect is incredible and second to none. They are open for discussion and very welcoming and affordable. I think it would be much better for me to deal with them than try out any other car warranty option.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Frankie, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I am very satisfied with Premier Auto Protect. I purchased an extended warranty. They have processed my claim very quickly and efficiently. I have had no problems with this company. I would definitely recommend.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Mario , We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I had an experience with another car warranty company that was frustrating but when I churned to this service they moved swiftly to solve my problem. I am happy with these wonderful car warranty company.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Martha, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Jak, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

This I've been with Premier Auto Protect for 6 months and I can say that they are wonderful! I'm glad to be a customer. My experience with Premier Auto Protect forced me to write this review. This company is the very best and they really care about your car. Your vehicle is very important to them. Premiere covered every single issue that I had with my Ford.

Premier Auto Protect response

Hey Knox, We appreciate you taking the time out & Thank you for leaving your feedback with us! We appreciate your review, and are happy to hear you enjoyed speaking with us. Thank You , Premier Auto Protect

Premier Auto Protect Company Information