Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Find my match

Penn Warranty Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penn Warranty Corporation?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penn Warranty Corporation?

Original review: June 26, 2020

Bought used 2011 For Explorer in February. I didn't have a chance to look at the AC since it was 30 in Michigan. The dealer asked me if I was interested in an extended vehicle warranty and sang the praises of PWC. He says that he doesn't make a dime from the warranty so I figured better safe than sorry. In June the weather heated up and I used my AC.. or attempted to. No AC.. contacted PWC for authorized garage locations. I was told that they don't have a list and that I should go to my choice and have them work with PWC.

This is when the fun really started. I had a leak in my compressor but after numerous pictures sent at their request they ultimately declined the claim saying that it was a compressor washer that was the issue and it was not covered. I contacted the company and asked why the washer could not be covered since it was the cause of the compressor leaking. "Nope - we do not cover that. Pay for it yourself." They then said that they would email me a dispute form. I provided my email address and expected additional delays and denials. The email wasn't even sent to me. Wow. Thanks. Another funny thing was that they accept emails but the response isn't sent via email. It's sent via USPS snail mail, lovely. The reviews are correct, they suck real bad. Always check reviews before paying. They got me for almost $2500.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I would leave 0 stars if that were an option. Just filed a claim on an engine repair for a 2010 Yukon we bought used 2 years ago, at which time we purchased the GOLD package warranty. They are so far only offering to pay $800 of a minimum $4500 repair, of which I have a $100 deductible. Reasoning is because they will only pay for the "initial failure", which then caused camshaft failure, resulting from "continued operation". The only "continued operation" was from the time it started making a loud knocking noise (like something had suddenly broken) to the time/distance it took to get to the mechanic. There was NO check engine light, and no trouble starting or operating the vehicle. There was NO reason to think, know, or assume that it was not driveable from the moment the lifter failed.

IF our claim is adjusted satisfactorily, I will amend this review. Otherwise, I will continue to seek justice by means of legal action. This is entirely unethical business practice. These warranties should not be pushed on consumers with so many "loopholes" that get the company out of paying for major repairs. This is why the consumer buys the warranty in the first place.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 17, 2020

STEER CLEAR OF PENN WARRANTY. I have had good experiences with other warranty companies in the past so I was willing to take a chance when I bought my newest vehicle. From now on I will always research the company before committing to a $3000 purchase. My car is in the shop with a faulty steering wheel lock. I paid the $3000 premium for electrical coverage, which explicitly lists a steering wheel lock. The repair was refused because they "cover steering wheel lock cylinders" and not "steering wheel locks". What does that even mean? They're just a rip off and the bad reviews make it clear. I wish I would have read them before paying $3000 for a useless warranty.

Original review: March 11, 2020

This has been the worst company I have ever dealt with. I purchased this Warranty because the dealer I purchased my vehicle from stated they were good. Well boy was they wrong. First off the company is so horrible that I could not find a shop that even wanted to deal with them. Just when I found one they tried and got nowhere. I have paid $2200 for a warranty that is worthless. The guy Rich was so rude as if he had to pay to get my car repaired. Needless to say I paid for my repairs myself. Please run far away from this company quickly.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Nothing but problems with this company from the first time a claim was submitted. The coverage states it will cover such a variety of repairs but when it comes down to it they always find a way not to pay. They are very restrictive on how you submit a claim, how the invoices are written and deeply discount labor rates. On a recent repair that took over 5 hours of labor they only covered one stating that according to their database that's how long it should take. The "customer service", or lack thereof is short, rude, and never helpful with customers or mechanics. If this warranty is offered to you when buying a used car do yourself a favor and decline!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Drive shaft and universal joint are covered under the warranty. The repair cost is in excess of $1300. Penn warranty estimated parts and labor should be $322 and after the $100 deductible paid $222 toward a $1340 repair bill. Other repairs that were needed in the past were not covered at all thanks to careful wording of the warranty contract. ABS brakes and Differential went out (both should be covered). Broken component that actuates the ABS and differential is mounted on the exterior of the differential and only internal components are covered. $1800 repair bill $0 coverage. Save your money, the warranty is garbage. It does not provide "peace of mind" that they claim.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I purchased a elite package thinking I would be worry free. After having my car for only 8 months it shut off. When I had it towed to my mechanic he stated something in the engine was bad. He would need to open the engine. Penn warranty doesn't cover diagnostic so I paid 500$ upfront. Then once he found the problem which the timing belt went cause the head of the engine to blow penn warranty sent an inspector there who decided they would only cover timing belt. The mechanic Expressed the timing belt caused the head to go and we would've had no indication.

Needless to say penn warranty is only covering 750 of a 3800 job. I'm so broken and feel like we got used. I thought for sure I had a great warranty. It's sad that this is what happens when you think you're actually covering yourself. Please don't make the mistake I did because you will pay. Not to mention the going hourly rate for mechanic is well over 100 per hour. Penn warranty only pays 65 so you will have to cover the rest as well they don't cover sales tax. The money I paid on the warranty is more than there even covering so I lost out big time.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Car blew a tranny 1020 miles after it was purchased, they told me tranny would have to be taken out and opened ($750 at my expense) to see if they would cover repair. They informed repair shop they would pay $700 for a used tranny and wouldn't cover the other $800 that it cost, keep in mind the shop was very reasonable and hated dealing with Penn Warranty, took 5 weeks to resolve. Three other shops would not deal with Penn Warranty when I called them. I don't know how they legally stay in business.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My experience is the same as everyone else. Three weeks or run-around with two shops. I've only put 400 miles on the car, used, and I had an $800 repair for which they FINALLY paid $110 of with a $100 deductible which I did not know about. The car is unlikely to last the three years of the warranty. Horrible company. I would've been better off just putting the money aside.

Original review: April 8, 2019

After 2 attempts at making legitimate claims, I've run only into denials and offers to fill out claim disputes. Both times my auto repair facilities were puzzled and frustrated (South Point Dodge in Tulsa, and Right Way Automotive in Indianapolis). This company will put all of its efforts into finding loopholes to not pay your claim. Do NOT purchase a warranty from this company - it is a complete waste of your money.

Penn Warranty Corporation Company Information