Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.16/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Penn Warranty Corporation Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Nothing but problems with this company from the first time a claim was submitted. The coverage states it will cover such a variety of repairs but when it comes down to it they always find a way not to pay. They are very restrictive on how you submit a claim, how the invoices are written and deeply discount labor rates. On a recent repair that took over 5 hours of labor they only covered one stating that according to their database that's how long it should take. The "customer service", or lack thereof is short, rude, and never helpful with customers or mechanics. If this warranty is offered to you when buying a used car do yourself a favor and decline!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Drive shaft and universal joint are covered under the warranty. The repair cost is in excess of $1300. Penn warranty estimated parts and labor should be $322 and after the $100 deductible paid $222 toward a $1340 repair bill. Other repairs that were needed in the past were not covered at all thanks to careful wording of the warranty contract. ABS brakes and Differential went out (both should be covered). Broken component that actuates the ABS and differential is mounted on the exterior of the differential and only internal components are covered. $1800 repair bill $0 coverage. Save your money, the warranty is garbage. It does not provide "peace of mind" that they claim.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I purchased a elite package thinking I would be worry free. After having my car for only 8 months it shut off. When I had it towed to my mechanic he stated something in the engine was bad. He would need to open the engine. Penn warranty doesn't cover diagnostic so I paid 500$ upfront. Then once he found the problem which the timing belt went cause the head of the engine to blow penn warranty sent an inspector there who decided they would only cover timing belt. The mechanic Expressed the timing belt caused the head to go and we would've had no indication.

Needless to say penn warranty is only covering 750 of a 3800 job. I'm so broken and feel like we got used. I thought for sure I had a great warranty. It's sad that this is what happens when you think you're actually covering yourself. Please don't make the mistake I did because you will pay. Not to mention the going hourly rate for mechanic is well over 100 per hour. Penn warranty only pays 65 so you will have to cover the rest as well they don't cover sales tax. The money I paid on the warranty is more than there even covering so I lost out big time.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Car blew a tranny 1020 miles after it was purchased, they told me tranny would have to be taken out and opened ($750 at my expense) to see if they would cover repair. They informed repair shop they would pay $700 for a used tranny and wouldn't cover the other $800 that it cost, keep in mind the shop was very reasonable and hated dealing with Penn Warranty, took 5 weeks to resolve. Three other shops would not deal with Penn Warranty when I called them. I don't know how they legally stay in business.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My experience is the same as everyone else. Three weeks or run-around with two shops. I've only put 400 miles on the car, used, and I had an $800 repair for which they FINALLY paid $110 of with a $100 deductible which I did not know about. The car is unlikely to last the three years of the warranty. Horrible company. I would've been better off just putting the money aside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Penn Warranty Corporation?

Original review: April 8, 2019

After 2 attempts at making legitimate claims, I've run only into denials and offers to fill out claim disputes. Both times my auto repair facilities were puzzled and frustrated (South Point Dodge in Tulsa, and Right Way Automotive in Indianapolis). This company will put all of its efforts into finding loopholes to not pay your claim. Do NOT purchase a warranty from this company - it is a complete waste of your money.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I'm so sorry I got hoodwinked into buying the Gold plan. I wanted bumper to bumper coverage and paid top dollar for it. Instead, a $2000 bill, they only paid $500...I even had to pay a $100 deductible! The worst experience ever, they are still conducting business via a fax machine! For real, a FAX MACHINE. Even the Lincoln dealer said it was the worst warranty company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Horrible company. Almost no one of the dealers and repair shops on State St. in Schenectady deals with them anymore. I used to sell their warranty (very sorry to say that) and did repairs on cars under the warranty. They play games with the customers and repair shops and find every possible excuse not to pay or pay very little. Payments for large claims are delayed and often paid only after Attorney General's office gets involved. Do yourself a favor, do not deal with crooked dishonest company that may not be around much longer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My claim was made in 8/25/18. After going back and forward finally my vehicle is fix. Today is 10/26/18. I am calling to see if they can pay their part which is way less than the full amount and they are going to call me back. Seriously!!! You found something else to use as an excuse for not paying. Beside of what you already denied. My advice, please search before deciding in Penn Warranty. I know that if I knew better, I would not even take them in consideration.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

All the fine details about what they cover are not shown to you at signing of car purchase. It has all these pretty checkmarks that it covers this that and the other things but when it comes down to it, they don't cover full labor charge, fluids, things that may have already been worn down prior to breaking... ugh what? $3500 of an $8000 repair? When it says it is fully covered. And how long do you have to wait before anything is covered? I mean, that's why you get the best warranty because you don't know if/when something will break. Never received anything in the mail about the details of the warranty, how to get a rental or anything of that nature. Didn't even know what phone number to call after hours for our "free" towing. Joke.

Penn Warranty Corporation Company Information