Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.04/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

GM Warranty Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2019

The last 3 years I have had issues with my cars acceleration. When I bought my 2012 Buick Regal in 2015. I was told I have a 5 year or 100k mile warranty whichever comes first. I have paid over 2k in fees. When I drive it would only go 35 miles an hour and that was flooring it. I went to the dealership for the repairs and was told it was not covered under the warranty so I had to pay out of pocket. My safety was compromised. I wasn't given a loaner vehicle. They told me they didn't have any. I was ignored and treated like I was bothering them because I wanted info on my car, I was just trying to find a resolution.

My check engine light has come on 3 different occasions from StabiliTrak issues, leak in the transmission, crank/cam shaft issues 2x resulting in loss of acceleration by Buick GM dealers selling poorly functioning cars with a misleading warranty that don't cover anything. So I called Buick customer service line and was told I had to wait 3 days to wait for someone to get back to me to let me know if they would assist with my car. The claim was escalated, when I tried to reach out to get some feedback for the dealership, I just got the runaround. The customer service escalations rep told me to call her when I went to get my car but then when I called there was no one available to speak with me. This was a 5-day nightmare that wouldn't end. I will never buy another car from this company.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had power reduction where you have almost been killed in the road. I have been dealing with GM for 7 months. They continue to say it does not have the Voltec emissions 10/150k and the battery 15/150 even though it says on the org sticker with the VIN. They still could never get the codes to prove my issue. I provided videos and documentation. Research. Met with rude, "Oh I'm sorry" and zero action. At 6.5 months they found the warranties, now shifted me to the exec office? Where they now say I do not.

I was clear that I wanted the car repaired, I wanted to know what they were going to do after 7 months of torture. I am a its survivor and this has put a larger burden on my family and that it's not safe car for my kids. Instead sent to dealers paying a few hundred every time. Now they say repeal drove rotor B $5200 but will help (it was 1k out of that warranty. But the battery one is a serious issue). This has been the worst customer service experience I have had my adult life. Shame on GM. No compassion for the common man and no compensation, no one there cares or is willing to do one thing positive. For me it's principle docs and videos provided. Guess I have to die in a car crash for them to understand how serious this is.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I took my truck (16 Silverado, 25K miles) into the dealer for vibration while braking. They said my pads are good but my rotors are shot. They are warped and it would not be covered under warranty. Been on and off the phone with Chevy multiple times and they keep sending me to different dealers that are telling me different things that are wrong with my brakes. Not getting anywhere with this. Always drove a Chevy. Always been a Chevy fan. I think it’s time to bite the bullet and buy a Dodge.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I scheduled an appt with GMC for a warranty repair of the OnStar system. I was under 36000 miles when I scheduled the appointment. I brought the rig in a week later for repairs at 36,102. GMC refused to cover it. Saved money on the repair, lost a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I don't know why I continue to remain loyal to a company who obviously doesn't care about their customers. I went through a huge battle with corporate and my local dealer years ago with my 13 Silverado LTZ after my dash cracked at only 31k miles. The truck was always garage kept but GM blamed me living in Florida as the cause for the damage. Even though it is a very well known issue with this truck. Now fast forward to my 2016 Corvette Z51 with 32k miles. My driver's seat of deteriorating with cracks and sticking ripping and coming out. Also a garage kept weekend car. The passenger seat that NEVER gets used is showing a discoloration and has a flat spot with no texture remaining on it. Of course GM denied my claim under the bumper to bumper warranty. I think I'm really done this time. I've been a life long loyal customer thus far. As a child all I ever dreamed of was having a garage full of Chevys.

I worked my butt off to fulfill that dream only to be treated like just another number. I currently own a 2013 Silverado LTZ, 2014 Cruze RS, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2018 Acadia Denali and even a 1996 S10 with 300k miles that gets me everywhere on a daily basis. I'm not rich by any means so I rely on these vehicles and their warranties to protect me. These are all clearly manufacture defects. But If I had the money to just fix these things trust me GM I wouldn't be reaching out to you! But I don't so I expect a little better product. Especially from a $70k Vette! But as much as it pains me to say, I'm done.

Trading the Denali for a Ford explorer Platinum for the wife. Selling the Cruze on Craigslist. Trading the Silverado for a Tundra. Going to try and sell the Vette to CarMax. Only keeping the S10 because it's been great to me and is too dear to my heart. When she finally goes out I'll leave her parked in the backyard for memories. Sorry for the rant but to me they're not just vehicles, they're a lifestyle and an expression of character and personality. I just wish that we, the customers were as important to GM as their product is (was) to us. Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Faulty NEWLY LEASED TRUCK: Transmission issue within one month of leasing. I was expecting some input as to a timeline for repair of a FAULTY TRANSMISSION from the dealer & was also expecting a respectably equal loaner truck. Instead, I was given a Malibu. Furthermore, I’ve gotten the runaround as to getting some kind of reimbursement for not using my truck for 3 weeks! NEW LEASE, mind you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

It was horrible. My 2016 Corvette Stingray transmission went out at 5000 miles. I had nowhere else to turn. I never suspected the transmission would go out at 5000 miles. Almost 80,000 dollar vehicle and the dealership and Buick GM of Murfreesboro Tennessee screwed me and convince the warranty people that nobody gets a new transmission. They are not knowledgeable on the warranty that I don't deserve to have a new transmission. They decided to rebuild it. I am 58 years old and I have never seen anybody that could rebuild a transmission in any capacity to where you're not constantly bringing it back in in the inconvenience fashion.

I got screwed by the warranty department and I got screwed by the dealership. The dealership tells a warranty department what they can and can't do. That's the horrible reality of it. Not only have they lost my business after this transaction but the dealership lost for customers and General Motors lost 12 customers from my connections. If this is the way they want to do business then so be it. Buyers beware. Chevrolet sucks so does Ford.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have started having issues with my 2015 Chevy Camaro 2ss 6.2 6 speed manual around August 2017, approx. 60k miles. Both CV shafts on each side had went out either taking off from a light, or just driving. Dellenbach in Fort Collins, CO covered both passenger and drivers side CV shafts, but stated if they break again it's due to abuse. I stated, "No, it's not abuse." I told Dellenbach there was something else wrong with my rear end, and they stated, "No. It was just from abuse." I have powertrain warranty for 100k miles on my vehicle, I bought it brand new from Dellenbach. Around March 2018 both CV shafts broke again within weeks apart, Dellenbach refused to even LOOK AT MY VEHICLE TO FIND OUT WHY IT KEEPS BLOWING CV SHAFTS, STATING IT WAS ABUSE.

I told them, "No. It is not abuse." Dellenbach stated it was abuse because they had replaced a faulty engine mount, and 2 CV shafts under warranty. Dellenbach then told me I had bald tires, which I did not. The Camaro's have low profile tires, as any Camaro owner would know. So I called GM Warranty center and explain to them what happened. GM Warranty stated they do not need proof of an abuse claim, they just believe anything that the dealer tells them, and the car had been abused. I tried to explain to them and move up the chain, but I was told there is nothing they can do for me since the car was "abused" with no proof.

I paid out of pocket to have my CV shafts fixed, and a few weeks later, more problems. I was driving approx. 20mph and heard a big boom in my rear end area. I brought the vehicle into another dealership, Ghent in Greeley, CO. Ghent told me that the rear end needed to be replaced, about 4,000$. I went up the chain of GM Warranty center, and they continued to make false claims against me. GM executive (Emily) had told me that she first spoke with 2 dealerships and they both told her that my car was used in racing. I explained to her my car has never been in a race, nor street racing, and I have always taken care of my vehicle. Emily stated that Dellenbach and Ghent stated my car had signs of abuse from street racing, but would not specify the details.

I called Ghent asking if they had told GM that my car had signs of abuse from street racing. Ghent had stated they would never make a claim like that on my vehicle, since you cannot prove abuse, and they only told GM that they don't know if it was abused or if it just broke, since it is impossible to tell. Ghent then told me that Emily was sending somebody out to look at my vehicle to see if it was "abused". Come to find out, the person that was sent out to look at my Camaro was not a certified technician, and was only at Ghent to tell them what they should and should not cover under warranty! GM is telling dealerships what they shouldn't cover because GM doesn't want to pay for it! The guy that had come out told GM Warranty that he is not going to cover my car under warranty because of what Dellenbach had told them, still with no proof.

I spoke with GM Warranty the next day. Emily told me she had now spoken with 3 DIFFERENT DEALERSHIPS (which is funny because my car has only been to two, Ghent and Dellenbach). I asked Emily which dealers she spoke with that are making abuse claims, and she told me it was irrelevant, that it did not matter. Emily stated there were signs of abuse on my car. I asked what signs of abuse, Emily could not give me an answer. Emily stated that since Dellenbach replaced the engine mount and CV shafts it was abuse. I explained again to EMILY THAT MY CAR HAD MORE ISSUES THAN CV SHAFTS, there is a reason why a CV shaft would break at the hub on the passenger side and at the top of the rear end on the driver's side, this is not abuse. Emily stated that Dellenbach had voided my powertrain warranty because of the "abuse" claims. This is not legal nor ethical.

Emily stated she could not tell me anything further, or give me a copy of my records with GM, and could only send me an email denying my claim. Emily stated "Well Ghent gave you a quote for a new rear end." I said "yeah. 4k. Do you have 4,000 to replace a rear end?" This should be under warranty! I have issues with this because ,y car has powertrain warranty. Dellenbach was lying to GM stating that my car had been abused, and they have no proof of any abuse. GM nor Dellenbach could tell me why and how there was signs of abuse on my vehicle. I told Dellenbach and GM there was something wrong with my vehicle long ago, and they refused to do anything about it. GM and Dellenbach voided my powertrain warranty illegally under the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975 and breach of warranty contract. GM and Dellenbach are not liable for strict liability negligence because they are refusing to fix something that is under warranty.

I did find that 2015 was the last year for 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and in 2016 GM started a 60k mile powertrain warranty, coincidence? I think not, since around 60k miles my Camaro started having issues. I do not race, nor abuse my vehicle. Obviously GM knows that I am right and this is something that is covered under powertrain warranty, but they want to argue abuse with no proof of abuse only hearsay.

Original review: May 23, 2018

2012 GMC Sierra frame rust warranty - Took vehicle to the dealership and was told it needed a frame replacement. They kept it for 3 weeks only to be told that they would not do it that it needed to go to a dealer with a body shop. Now GM has backed out and does not want to repair the truck.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Just bought a Chevy Malibu 2016 and has problems with leaking water from the back windshield stop light. Make a complain and they told can do nothing about it. Really suck. Never gonna buy a Chevy. Bad experience and they file another problem with it. It’s a shift to park sensor alarm star and I have to hit the shift paddle to the front to make it stop. They haven’t fixed too.

GM Warranty Company Information