Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.04/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

55 GM Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2019

The last 3 years I have had issues with my cars acceleration. When I bought my 2012 Buick Regal in 2015. I was told I have a 5 year or 100k mile warranty whichever comes first. I have paid over 2k in fees. When I drive it would only go 35 miles an hour and that was flooring it. I went to the dealership for the repairs and was told it was not covered under the warranty so I had to pay out of pocket. My safety was compromised. I wasn't given a loaner vehicle. They told me they didn't have any. I was ignored and treated like I was bothering them because I wanted info on my car, I was just trying to find a resolution.

My check engine light has come on 3 different occasions from StabiliTrak issues, leak in the transmission, crank/cam shaft issues 2x resulting in loss of acceleration by Buick GM dealers selling poorly functioning cars with a misleading warranty that don't cover anything. So I called Buick customer service line and was told I had to wait 3 days to wait for someone to get back to me to let me know if they would assist with my car. The claim was escalated, when I tried to reach out to get some feedback for the dealership, I just got the runaround. The customer service escalations rep told me to call her when I went to get my car but then when I called there was no one available to speak with me. This was a 5-day nightmare that wouldn't end. I will never buy another car from this company.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had power reduction where you have almost been killed in the road. I have been dealing with GM for 7 months. They continue to say it does not have the Voltec emissions 10/150k and the battery 15/150 even though it says on the org sticker with the VIN. They still could never get the codes to prove my issue. I provided videos and documentation. Research. Met with rude, "Oh I'm sorry" and zero action. At 6.5 months they found the warranties, now shifted me to the exec office? Where they now say I do not.

I was clear that I wanted the car repaired, I wanted to know what they were going to do after 7 months of torture. I am a its survivor and this has put a larger burden on my family and that it's not safe car for my kids. Instead sent to dealers paying a few hundred every time. Now they say repeal drove rotor B $5200 but will help (it was 1k out of that warranty. But the battery one is a serious issue). This has been the worst customer service experience I have had my adult life. Shame on GM. No compassion for the common man and no compensation, no one there cares or is willing to do one thing positive. For me it's principle docs and videos provided. Guess I have to die in a car crash for them to understand how serious this is.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I took my truck (16 Silverado, 25K miles) into the dealer for vibration while braking. They said my pads are good but my rotors are shot. They are warped and it would not be covered under warranty. Been on and off the phone with Chevy multiple times and they keep sending me to different dealers that are telling me different things that are wrong with my brakes. Not getting anywhere with this. Always drove a Chevy. Always been a Chevy fan. I think it’s time to bite the bullet and buy a Dodge.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I scheduled an appt with GMC for a warranty repair of the OnStar system. I was under 36000 miles when I scheduled the appointment. I brought the rig in a week later for repairs at 36,102. GMC refused to cover it. Saved money on the repair, lost a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I don't know why I continue to remain loyal to a company who obviously doesn't care about their customers. I went through a huge battle with corporate and my local dealer years ago with my 13 Silverado LTZ after my dash cracked at only 31k miles. The truck was always garage kept but GM blamed me living in Florida as the cause for the damage. Even though it is a very well known issue with this truck. Now fast forward to my 2016 Corvette Z51 with 32k miles. My driver's seat of deteriorating with cracks and sticking ripping and coming out. Also a garage kept weekend car. The passenger seat that NEVER gets used is showing a discoloration and has a flat spot with no texture remaining on it. Of course GM denied my claim under the bumper to bumper warranty. I think I'm really done this time. I've been a life long loyal customer thus far. As a child all I ever dreamed of was having a garage full of Chevys.

I worked my butt off to fulfill that dream only to be treated like just another number. I currently own a 2013 Silverado LTZ, 2014 Cruze RS, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2018 Acadia Denali and even a 1996 S10 with 300k miles that gets me everywhere on a daily basis. I'm not rich by any means so I rely on these vehicles and their warranties to protect me. These are all clearly manufacture defects. But If I had the money to just fix these things trust me GM I wouldn't be reaching out to you! But I don't so I expect a little better product. Especially from a $70k Vette! But as much as it pains me to say, I'm done.

Trading the Denali for a Ford explorer Platinum for the wife. Selling the Cruze on Craigslist. Trading the Silverado for a Tundra. Going to try and sell the Vette to CarMax. Only keeping the S10 because it's been great to me and is too dear to my heart. When she finally goes out I'll leave her parked in the backyard for memories. Sorry for the rant but to me they're not just vehicles, they're a lifestyle and an expression of character and personality. I just wish that we, the customers were as important to GM as their product is (was) to us. Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GM Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Faulty NEWLY LEASED TRUCK: Transmission issue within one month of leasing. I was expecting some input as to a timeline for repair of a FAULTY TRANSMISSION from the dealer & was also expecting a respectably equal loaner truck. Instead, I was given a Malibu. Furthermore, I’ve gotten the runaround as to getting some kind of reimbursement for not using my truck for 3 weeks! NEW LEASE, mind you!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

It was horrible. My 2016 Corvette Stingray transmission went out at 5000 miles. I had nowhere else to turn. I never suspected the transmission would go out at 5000 miles. Almost 80,000 dollar vehicle and the dealership and Buick GM of Murfreesboro Tennessee screwed me and convince the warranty people that nobody gets a new transmission. They are not knowledgeable on the warranty that I don't deserve to have a new transmission. They decided to rebuild it. I am 58 years old and I have never seen anybody that could rebuild a transmission in any capacity to where you're not constantly bringing it back in in the inconvenience fashion.

I got screwed by the warranty department and I got screwed by the dealership. The dealership tells a warranty department what they can and can't do. That's the horrible reality of it. Not only have they lost my business after this transaction but the dealership lost for customers and General Motors lost 12 customers from my connections. If this is the way they want to do business then so be it. Buyers beware. Chevrolet sucks so does Ford.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have started having issues with my 2015 Chevy Camaro 2ss 6.2 6 speed manual around August 2017, approx. 60k miles. Both CV shafts on each side had went out either taking off from a light, or just driving. Dellenbach in Fort Collins, CO covered both passenger and drivers side CV shafts, but stated if they break again it's due to abuse. I stated, "No, it's not abuse." I told Dellenbach there was something else wrong with my rear end, and they stated, "No. It was just from abuse." I have powertrain warranty for 100k miles on my vehicle, I bought it brand new from Dellenbach. Around March 2018 both CV shafts broke again within weeks apart, Dellenbach refused to even LOOK AT MY VEHICLE TO FIND OUT WHY IT KEEPS BLOWING CV SHAFTS, STATING IT WAS ABUSE.

I told them, "No. It is not abuse." Dellenbach stated it was abuse because they had replaced a faulty engine mount, and 2 CV shafts under warranty. Dellenbach then told me I had bald tires, which I did not. The Camaro's have low profile tires, as any Camaro owner would know. So I called GM Warranty center and explain to them what happened. GM Warranty stated they do not need proof of an abuse claim, they just believe anything that the dealer tells them, and the car had been abused. I tried to explain to them and move up the chain, but I was told there is nothing they can do for me since the car was "abused" with no proof.

I paid out of pocket to have my CV shafts fixed, and a few weeks later, more problems. I was driving approx. 20mph and heard a big boom in my rear end area. I brought the vehicle into another dealership, Ghent in Greeley, CO. Ghent told me that the rear end needed to be replaced, about 4,000$. I went up the chain of GM Warranty center, and they continued to make false claims against me. GM executive (Emily) had told me that she first spoke with 2 dealerships and they both told her that my car was used in racing. I explained to her my car has never been in a race, nor street racing, and I have always taken care of my vehicle. Emily stated that Dellenbach and Ghent stated my car had signs of abuse from street racing, but would not specify the details.

I called Ghent asking if they had told GM that my car had signs of abuse from street racing. Ghent had stated they would never make a claim like that on my vehicle, since you cannot prove abuse, and they only told GM that they don't know if it was abused or if it just broke, since it is impossible to tell. Ghent then told me that Emily was sending somebody out to look at my vehicle to see if it was "abused". Come to find out, the person that was sent out to look at my Camaro was not a certified technician, and was only at Ghent to tell them what they should and should not cover under warranty! GM is telling dealerships what they shouldn't cover because GM doesn't want to pay for it! The guy that had come out told GM Warranty that he is not going to cover my car under warranty because of what Dellenbach had told them, still with no proof.

I spoke with GM Warranty the next day. Emily told me she had now spoken with 3 DIFFERENT DEALERSHIPS (which is funny because my car has only been to two, Ghent and Dellenbach). I asked Emily which dealers she spoke with that are making abuse claims, and she told me it was irrelevant, that it did not matter. Emily stated there were signs of abuse on my car. I asked what signs of abuse, Emily could not give me an answer. Emily stated that since Dellenbach replaced the engine mount and CV shafts it was abuse. I explained again to EMILY THAT MY CAR HAD MORE ISSUES THAN CV SHAFTS, there is a reason why a CV shaft would break at the hub on the passenger side and at the top of the rear end on the driver's side, this is not abuse. Emily stated that Dellenbach had voided my powertrain warranty because of the "abuse" claims. This is not legal nor ethical.

Emily stated she could not tell me anything further, or give me a copy of my records with GM, and could only send me an email denying my claim. Emily stated "Well Ghent gave you a quote for a new rear end." I said "yeah. 4k. Do you have 4,000 to replace a rear end?" This should be under warranty! I have issues with this because ,y car has powertrain warranty. Dellenbach was lying to GM stating that my car had been abused, and they have no proof of any abuse. GM nor Dellenbach could tell me why and how there was signs of abuse on my vehicle. I told Dellenbach and GM there was something wrong with my vehicle long ago, and they refused to do anything about it. GM and Dellenbach voided my powertrain warranty illegally under the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975 and breach of warranty contract. GM and Dellenbach are not liable for strict liability negligence because they are refusing to fix something that is under warranty.

I did find that 2015 was the last year for 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and in 2016 GM started a 60k mile powertrain warranty, coincidence? I think not, since around 60k miles my Camaro started having issues. I do not race, nor abuse my vehicle. Obviously GM knows that I am right and this is something that is covered under powertrain warranty, but they want to argue abuse with no proof of abuse only hearsay.

Original review: May 23, 2018

2012 GMC Sierra frame rust warranty - Took vehicle to the dealership and was told it needed a frame replacement. They kept it for 3 weeks only to be told that they would not do it that it needed to go to a dealer with a body shop. Now GM has backed out and does not want to repair the truck.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Just bought a Chevy Malibu 2016 and has problems with leaking water from the back windshield stop light. Make a complain and they told can do nothing about it. Really suck. Never gonna buy a Chevy. Bad experience and they file another problem with it. It’s a shift to park sensor alarm star and I have to hit the shift paddle to the front to make it stop. They haven’t fixed too.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I bought a brand new 2015 Chevrolet Silverado in 2014. The truck has only 3540 miles on it and the BCM went bad causing the rear turn signals not to work properly. I brought it to the dealer for diagnosis and repair and was told that a short to ground in the courtesy lights had caused it. They found that when they installed the visors at the factory they had run a screw through a wire. After being charged $790.00 for the parts and repair I was then told there is nothing they can do warranty wise.

I've been in contact with GM corporate and have basically been given the runaround and ignored about this matter. This gives me the impression that it is not worth a few hundred dollars to show a lifelong loyal customer a little bit of courtesy and loyalty in return. Therefore I will never purchase another GM product again. My sister my daughter and my wife were considering buying new Chevys here in the next couple of years as well but we will all be buying Toyotas instead.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Corvette Z51 package in August 2016 from Sarasota, Fl with 6k miles. Drove the car back to Maryland and the car drove like a dream. February 2017 I took the vehicle to Waldorf Chevrolet at 2298 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD due to a rattling & squealing noise. Waldorf Chevrolet misdiagnosed the problem thinking the problem was the torque converter in the transmission. They went into the transmission, and replaced the torque converter.

I picked the car up only to find out that it was still making the same noise and the gear shift had play in it. I took it back to the dealership. They fixed the play in the gear shift but car still made the same noise. I suggested the belt tensioner. They replaced that and the noise went away. I thought I was in the clear, but a bad rumble started happening @ 2000 rpm. I took it back to the shop for them to tell me that when they replaced the torque converter, the work wasn't done right and caused the torque tube bearings to seize. The torque tube bearings seizing caused damage to the motor and they had to replace my motor with just 13,899 miles! I talked to the dealership and the manufacturer. They offered no compensation, no buyback, no diminished value, etc.

I get the car back after motor replacement and 5k miles later engine problems! GM tells me to take it back to Waldorf Chevrolet to repair with no options of going to another authorized Chevy dealership... Yeah, right! Waldorf Chevrolet's misdiagnosis is the root cause for me having to get a new motor. Meanwhile, my 2014 Corvette sits in my garage collecting dust with just 19k miles. My Worthless Corvette.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Back in 2002 My mother paid $28,000 for a Alero car. We both drive it. We have had nothing but problems with this car from day 1. We have had to put about $10,000 in repairs or more. Car has less than 50,000 miles on it. One thing after the other fails or was faulty or defective on vehicle. Some recalls have even been done on the car. Car has bad rims or wrong rims that came with the car causing constant tire issues, where I had to fill the car with air every day and have had to buy numerous tires. Lights come on all the time. Radiator leaks no matter what is done, engine had to be overhauled. Battery has had to be replaced many times. The repairs never end. Constantly car needs repairs costing tons of money each time. I have never had these many problems with a car. $28,000 was a lot of money 15 years ago.

My mother wrote into the company to complain and they sent a letter saying they couldn't reach her. The letter said to call the number on it which my mother did. The rude lady that answered the phone was about a rude crab. She kept asking what she needed. Mom stated that we had already submitted a letter about the complaints with car. Rude lady proceeds to tell us the case was closed since they couldn't contact us. Yet neither of us ever got a call or a message. We are going to be writing the Better Business to see if they can do anything about this lemon we were sold. Very disappointed in General Motors Company. We will never purchase this brand of car again. We are also going to post this on facebook so everyone can know not to trust this company because they are of no assistance after they sell you a lemon.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Purchased a new 2014 XTS Cadillac from Ron Carter Cadillac in Clearlake. Paid an additional $3,000 for a 6/100,000 mile warranty. At 61,000 mile the rear suspension fails. I call Ron Carter and wait a couple of hours for anyone to return my call. Then I called Cadillac roadside assistance to find out the dealer is more than 25 miles away so there will be charges, so I settle for a closer dealer. Next I get a call from that dealer telling me my extended warranty will not cover anything on the rear suspension. Next I call GM and they refuse to address the matter and will only tell me to contact the dealer. I call Ron Carter back and get voice mail, so I go to chat online with no resolve and here I sit again waiting to talk to Ron Carter Cadillac. I think I chose a poor dealer, a poor warranty and a poor choice of automobiles.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I bought my 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2 years ago from Kocourek Chevrolet in Wausau. Within one year of owning the vehicle my pistons went out. GM paid for this to get fixed as it was covered under a special policy. The engine needed many new parts as it caused a bunch of issues. One year after that the transmission pump went out. I was no longer within a warranty (passed by 9,000 miles) I had my vehicle towed to Kocourek Chevrolet who stated I needed a cat converter, manifold and O2 sensor. After they replaced that is when they told me that my transmission was not engaging and that they would have to look into it to see what was going on. At this point I gave them the go ahead to proceed with diagnosing the issue.

They said just to diagnose the transmission issue would be $500. They called later in the day and said that the transmission pump went out and I would need a whole new transmission. They said the price for the transmission would be $2300 with labor and what I owed already, my final bill would be close to $4,500. I was upset at this amount seeing how I bought the vehicle from them 2 years ago and already had several MAJOR problems with it. I told them to hold off fixing it until I could make a decision. In the meantime, I called GM to see if they would be willing to help cover some costs, as many forums that I read, stated that 2010 and 2011 equinoxes are known to go out after 100k miles. I did not hear from GM but they did say a senior advisor would look into it.

7/25/17 Kocourek called me to tell me that they were in contact with someone at GM and that GM will cover 1/3rd of the costs. He then stated that because GM will be participating in costs, that they would have to charge $3,800 for the transmission versus the $2,300 if I would buy it out right from them. This was due to rebates no longer being valid if GM participates. He then stated that this would cost me more out of pocket to have GM participate because they charge a higher rate to GM than they would to a person. After a few phone calls, the advisor from GM stated that the price would be more expensive because I would not get the rebates and said that he will close the file. I asked if he would be willing to still help with the costs and send me the check and he stated that he couldn't do that.

I called Kocourek to get my final bill amount and he said it would be $5,500. I asked if Kocourek could help with anything as I bought the car from them only 2 years ago! He only took $500 off the bill and said he would do it for $5,000. I will never buy a GM product again. They were not willing to help pay for a known issue with the 2010 and 2011 transmissions. Many people have the same issues with these vehicles and GM will not take responsibility to cover some costs.

I am a single mother who works a full time job.

I bought a car from a dealership so it would be reliable, yet 1 year into owning it, the engine has problems. Get that fixed, only to have the transmission, manifold, and o2 sensor fail the next year. $5,000 loan needed to be taken out at a high interest rate just to be able to fix a piece of crap vehicle that Kocourek sold to me. These are not issues that I should be worrying about after owning the vehicle for 2 years!!! After being raised a chevy girl, not only has GM lost my service, they have lost my families as well.

Original review: July 26, 2017

13,800 miles on 2015 GMC Sierra truck only used for pulling camper on trips. Driver side seat coming apart at stitching on corner. Took to dealership. Two managers looked at problem and agreed it's a warranty coverage. They have to send to district manager a picture. Manager for GMC says no warranty. It's wear and tear. Dealership cannot fix because they are afraid GM will not reimburse them for the repair. Only thing I was offered was a 200.00 assistance from customer service on a 700.00 bill to fix the seat. That is why I am posting, buyer be aware GM will not fix your seat on a defect from factory. Will tell you it's wear and tear and will close your complaint case # AND IT WILL COST YOU TO REPAIR SEAT. I could understand if it was torn by consumer, but just coming apart due to poor craftsmanship, you're not covered.

Original review: July 5, 2017

After owning my GMC Sierra 1500 for a little over two years my battery just stop working. The GMC dealership and warranty department told me that the battery would not be covered because I had 63,000 miles. Warranty is only three years or 36,000 miles. The reason I took my pick up to the dealer was that my driver window and steering were not working properly. Well come to find out it was all related to a bad battery on a two year old truck. Had I known should have taken to Pep Boys for half the money and better warranty. GMC gives mileage warranty on batteries so if you drive 36,000 one year and battery dies that is it. No coverage. This will be my last GM truck.

Original review: March 29, 2017

A chunk of the hood of my white 2010 Chevy Traverse just peeled right off. The extremely unhelpful Service Manager Roger ** at the GM dealer FH Daily (where the car was purchased) said it was due to outside influences like small rocks hitting the car and flat out refused to help. The auto body shop said it was a clear factory paint issue and GM should fix the problem. The car is in mint condition apart from this ugly gaping silver patch. What do I do?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

GM is not fully honoring their powertrain warranty on my 2011 Suburban z71 4x4 currently at 67k miles, for a known issue within GM bulletin for this year engine. A new engine costs $16k after parts, labor, and taxes and they are only covering 60%. The dealership (JN Automotive Hawaii) will pay 20%, leaving me a bill of approximately $3200.

Here's the facts: I brought the vehicle in at 50k miles while the vehicle was still under powertrain and extended warranty with this same issue, and subsequently brought it back 6 times due to their algorithm treatment/service for the same issue. Because of said algorithm service of course the vehicle was driven and now out of warranty. Filed a case with GM Warranty customer service to no resolve, other than them threatening to take their offer off the table if I were to bring this to a lawyer; subtle threat? I am at a loss and undecided, but am considering to pay the fees and sue afterwards to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have a Suburban that has 49,000. Thinking that this is an expensive vehicle we purchased as much additional warranties to avoid out of pocket through our vehicle ownership. After paying $2787.37, we find out two years later that the warranty barely covers anything. Please do a big research when purchasing extended warranties with Ally Financial. We have never used our warranty and they will not even credit us a part of the policy. Our only option is to cancel and receive the proration based on the 10,000 miles left. Please find a list of all the things it does not cover. This is never handed out at the dealership. It is supposed to be mailed within 60 days of purchasing your vehicle in case you want to cancel.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT which has two Pre Cats and one catalytic converter in the rear. We took the vehicle in for misfire and engine repairs at 71,000 which the catalytic converters were under warranty at the time. I have an extended warranty with AUL which doesnt cover catalytic converters. The GM dealership did nothing at the time to repair the vehicle. Went on though charging a $100 deductible as though they filed a claim with AUL, but did no work and filed no claim.

Because the SUV now has 85,000 miles GM refuses to replace the Pre Cats. The Pre Cats are broke inside that move about and block the exhaust. When this happens the engine shakes and the traction control shuts down. The dealership now wants $2,300 to replace them. This shows me that GM really doesnt care if their cars damage the air and without traction control puts lives in danger. If the problem was solved with the engine the Pre Cats would have not been damaged. I have been a long term GM believer but not after being treated like scum in this claim.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have a 2011 Camaro with 60,000 miles on it. It is in pristine condition. I have loved this car. It has had EVERY major item done at the dealership. In the last three years: My top has been replaced because faulty, oil pump replaced because faulty, transmission replaced because faulty and just recently started to knock. Took it in because still under power train warranty. At that time they stated a "code" had come up and I had added something after market so would not cover. We had new tires put on and they tuned to my tires. Nothing to do with the knocking in the engine but they have denied my warranty. Won't fix my car. Won't call me back and won't work with me. I am writing this to warn Anyone thinking of buying a GM to seriously reconsider and to please be careful with GM period.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

In March, my 2011 Equinox had the Service Stabilitrak warning come on followed by the check engine light and a reduction of engine power. When I got the car back to the dealership, they could not reproduce the issue and said it must have fixed itself. It happened again this week and I took it to a local mechanic close to my office to check the codes just in case it "fixed itself" again before I could get it to the dealership. The mechanic found that the issue is common for my year and model car and that GM had put out a special warranty for the parts that need to be replaced and advised that I go back to the dealership to have the work done.

I called the dealership to schedule the appointment, explained the issues, gave them the codes, and let them know I needed a loaner car to transport my daughter to and from daycare. They assured me that because the parts were under warranty that it would be covered and that they would cover the cost of the rental car. When I arrived this morning to drop off the car for service I was notified that there is a special warranty for those parts on the 2011 Equinox BUT only within certain VINs, AND my VIN is not one of them. They also do not accept another mechanics diagnostic report and would need to run their own. To top it off, because my parts are not under warranty, I need to pay for the rental. I will be going back to the local mechanic to have the work done since I need to pay for it. Thanks for your help GM. Merry Christmas.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

General Motors has proved once again that cannot compete with other cars in market neither in quality nor in customer service. This review is based on my experience with Dealer and Manufacturer. I did lease 2013 Chevy Volt from Mark ** dealer in Ontario, CA when car value is about $40K in September 2013. Its current value today in good condition with ~47K miles is about $10K in KBB to trade, my car is not even that worth. So look at depreciation value of Chevy cars in market. I drove this car for about ~46K miles of which only 18K miles on engine and now engine failed. To get proper analysis of issue $1400 authorization needed and repair can go anywhere up to $6K to bring car back on the road is estimate provided by dealer. I do have all 36 month OnStar reports to show the vehicle is well managed and never ignored any maintenance. But neither Dealer nor Manufacturer care about this and provide service under warranty.

Dealer argument was HOSE which is out of warranty was broken which in turn caused engine damage, so even though there is warranty on engine they do not service it. Just think before shopping for Chevy Volt. Do we really need to spend $40,000 to buy a car that is not warrantied to be supported by Gm after 36K miles. But they do not want to think about the quality of HOSE they did provide. I had been driving different cars for more than decade and has ODO mileage more than 100K. Never had this kind of issues.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

My car has a special warranty for the catalytic converter. This should have been a recall, but GM wanted to save money so it is a special warranty. The warranty was 10yrs/ 120,000 miles to replace the catalytic converter. My car is a 2007 with 79,000 miles. But they won't cover it because the production of the car is 10 yrs 6 months. So since my car is 6 months past the date, even though it is 41,000 miles under the date they won't cover it. My husband asked for a Goodwill coverage, which they refused. They refuse to even talk to me. So because I don't drive my car daily, I am out $1000. They know that this Saturn Sky is not a daily driver they did the special warranty so they would not have to fix this problem on most cars.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

GM is rude, won't honor warranty. GM will not under my warranty on my 2011 Chevy Impala and I'm very upset about that. Customer service hung up in my face and made racial comments towards me. My Impala has been in the shop for 2 months and it's only been out of warranty for 30 days and GM will not honor it. Please I need someone to help me immediately. You can contact me at **.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I need to make a complaint against Murdock Chevrolet on my warranty. I bought a Chevy Cruze brand new in 2012 and three years later my tire had a bulge in it and Murdock said that my warranty would not cover it because it was caused from road use in 2015. I had 6000 miles on my car because I'm old and I only drive it when necessary. It was not from my road use. They just wouldn't put a new tire on my car after I argued with them. They put a used tire on it, one with a patch on it. I even had an extended warranty that I had bought. Wow what a waste of money. I'll never buy another car from Murdock Chevrolet again. Next time I'll buy a Mazda – they treat people right.

Original review: March 22, 2016

So I purchased a CPO 2015 Chevy Tahoe. I tinted my windows the day after purchase. Approx 2 weeks later my alarm started going off, doors locking and unlocking on their own and ticking beneath the steering wheel. CRISWELL Chevrolet of Gaithersburg had my car for 2 weeks before calling to say that a grid line was cut. I asked what is a grid line. It's a small line in window that communicates to the engine. They told me it is on one of the windows that's tinted. And that it would NOT be covered under warranty. 1500.00 to get my car fixed. I paid of course, no choice.

So I called GM to see if there was an appeal process. They advised that the tint voided the warranty. So just because the problem is on the window where tint is that is their way of getting out of it. I told them I have the glass that was taken out of the truck and could send it in for them to look at it. NICK **, service manager, is a thief at the Chevy dealer. I will NEVER buy a CHEVY again. They are thieves and could care less about the consumer. I am going to try and sue them. I am sure I am not the first consumer with this issue. It doesn't cost anything for me to sue, my job provides lawyers thru my union. So I am going to fight the CORPORATION. I should stick with Lexus. They treated me so much better. Tried to buy American and got screwed. Stay away from CRISWELL CHEVY AND GM.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

2011 Equinox used for work, oil changes at 6000 K. New engine at 120,000, rebuilt tranny 125 K, rust inside doors, power steering fixed - all under warranty. Now at 200 K (or 80 K on new engine) needs timing belt on new engine - GM Canada walking away. $1700. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Hello my name is Raul Gonzales. I own a 2011 Chevy Camaro. I bought it last year, still paying on it. I was driving down the road, my car starts shaking, I pulled over, continue driving it home. A few miles, my engine started making a clicking sound, no service light came on, no engine light came on, no warnings. I didn't know what to do. My neighbor came over and told me about the Powertrain warranty. I told him I don't know nothing about it. I call the dealership Friday. My car broke down on it Thursday, 1st of October 2015. The dealership service department told me to bring it in for diagnostic check. I took it in, they checked the car. The following day, they gave me a call and tell me my engine was damaged and that I needed a new engine. And told me my powertrain expired on September 30, 2015, one day before my car broke down on October 1st.

I don't think it's fair that I'm the lights on the dashboard did not come on on the dashboard. No warning at all even though there's nothing on the dashboard. They're willing to pay are the price for an engine for 4000 and they want me to pay 3200. I don't have the money to pay. I don't know what to do if somebody reads this. Please, help me out somehow. My number's **. Please, if there's anybody that can help me out, legal or give me some advice or a number to a lawyer, please don't hesitate to call me. I live in **. God bless you.

GM Warranty Company Information