First Extended Service Corporation

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After reading all of the reviews for this company I wonder why I sit here having to complain at all. Has there been an investigation? Has anyone sued them? They denied a legitimate claim today without even knowing the details, and after a complaint they asked for pics from STS and denied it again. I have two front tires with metal sticking out of both of them, and they are talking about tread wear! Legally maybe they might have a leg to stand on, but morally and ethically they are bankrupt. How can they be allowed to be in business scamming a trusting public to pay them every month, month after month. I am filing complaints everywhere, they should be stopped.

I had to take my 2011 Ford Flex in for repairs. No problem, I thought, it's still under the extended warranty from Portfolio/First Extended Service Corp. Then I find out that even though I have the "Plan B" coverage, which is the "Plan P" and "Plan A" combined (or basically everything) they don't cover fuel pumps and I'm on the hook for over $1100. Thankfully I have an outstanding service rep at Santa Margarita Ford who called Portfolio and argued on my behalf and they agreed to reconsider and cover the repair. Portfolio then tagged me with a $100 deductible.

On my contract in box 2 "Check Deductible Amount" the item checked is Other and no amount is written in. This was intended to mean zero. Blank, null, empty, zero all pretty much mean the same in my book. Lo and behold in small print at the bottom of the contract is the line "A $100 Deductible will apply unless otherwise indicated in Box 2." The way I see it, checking the Other box does mean that something is "otherwise indicated", but not Portfolio. No, they want to squeeze you for every penny they can and get away with not paying for any repairs they can. This company is in the business of screwing consumers. Their entire business model is based on the premise of pay only when absolutely necessary and make that as difficult as possible. I'll never get another warranty from them.

When I bought out the 2 nissans I was leasing (one for me and one for the wife) I purchased the extended warranty through Nissan. My car a 2010 maxima has just about 50K miles. My wife's Rougue has over 67K. I get the oil changed in both regularly. I start hearing a ticking noise not too long ago, in the maxima. I bring it to my guy. He takes a look, calls Extended warranty, adjuster comes. Tells them tighten the adjuster on the timing chain and clean the oil out of the timing chain. This gets done.

Within 24 hours noise is back and car is undrivable. I get it towed from my house to my guy. This time he calls extended again and asks them to come and look again. Extended tells them to send it to Nissan smithtown. Nissan tells me the motor is blown. I ask how we went from a timing chain to a blown motor. No answer for that. That is still a mystery. Then Nissan tells me they see sludge in the engine. I tell them the oil is changed regularly and several times I used synthetic. I also explain that I drive this car to work mainly.

I live 4-5 miles from my office. On several occasion the heat is not hot when I get to my office and when I get home. That is how short of drive it is. I also explain that sludge can be caused by oil not getting up to temperature. Which I believe is the case here. Nissan and First Extended want oil change receipts. I explained that I did not keep those but my mechanic has them. My mechanic calls me and states he lost info in his computer and do I have or have I kept a log. I did, but it only has dates, no mileage. I give it to him and he writes up oil change receipts sends them to Nissan. First Extended will not approve the repair because of insufficient maintenance records. I explain the situation. Both the beginning and up to now. They could care less.

I ask First extended how they can explain - I first have timing chain issue, then a blown motor, and that the motor is not covered because of maintenance records? I was told I have insufficient records. I say, "Look I have a 2010 nissan Rogue with 67K miles on it and the oil was changed just as often as the Maxima. There is nothing wrong with the Rogue. Then I say don't they find it odd that 6 year old car, (and the maxima was recalled in 2009 for timing chain issues), with 50K miles on it with a blown motor sounds as though the manufacturer could be at fault. They would not answer. They just keep telling me my maintenance records are insufficient. They won't even entertain the log.

And Nissan tells me while all this is going on, "It looks like your oil was just changed." And I said, "YES IT WAS." Just like I do when the date or mileage on the little sticker on my window from my mechanic tells me to get the oil change. Even I am missing 1,2,3, records of an oil change. There is no way driving 8 miles a day would blow a motor. If they do not want to approve the repair I want ALL of my money back for my warranty. But what I would really like is for them to repair my car. Which I believe was damaged by a faulty timing chain, which all should be covered under warranty. It is not as though I am not able to prove oil changes. It is because they do not want to believe my mechanic. Whom I have taken every car I have owned in the last 20 years to. Who changes my oil every 3-5k miles, religiously. I have NEVER missed an oil change. Never.

I bought the extended warranty for $2250 at the dealership. 2 years later, I thought it would come in handy. WAS I WRONG. Car was towed 8/29/16 to the Pep Boys repair shop. On 9/7/16 Pep Boys called me to inform me that they could not get in contact with Portfolio Protection/First Extended Corp to authorize the work. They were concerned because the part was needing to be ordered. It was nice to know Pep Boys cared I had been without my car for a week. I told them I would see if I could make any progress - I called the warranty company only to be on hold for 15 min. The customer service guy was named Mike - I think. He was beyond rude. Did ZERO to help me. I asked if he could please have someone call Pep Boys since they obviously couldn't get through by pressing #1 for repair shops. He informed me they were an Inbound call center not an Outbound and it was Pep Boys job to call them.

I called Pep Boys and told them what I experienced. I told them to order the part and worse case scenario I would pay for it. I then sent an email to Portfolio Protection/First Extended notifying them of what happened. I've yet to this day get a response. 9/8/16 I call the warranty company again. This time I waited for 18 minutes before speaking to Christian. He was very nice and informed me the wait times were higher than usual and that Pep Boys were like me experiencing long wait times and maybe didn't have time to hold. He apologized to me for the experience I encountered with his co-worker the day before. He also asked what was the diagnosis on my car and said it would be covered. He told me to have Pep Boys call back in and instead of pressing the option for repair shops to press 2 for contract holders and ask for him. He would get them to an adjuster if one was available or get one scheduled.

9/12/16 Pep Boys called to ask when I was picking my car up. They never were able to get in contact with anyone. They told me they had 45 min hold times each time they called - sometimes less, sometimes more. 9/13/16 - I called the warranty company before picking my car up today. After waiting 22 minutes on hold I spoke to another horrible rep.

He informed me since the work was done, he and I had no business to discuss. He seemed to get agitated when I informed him of my conversation with Christian a few days prior. He must of gotten a promotion while we were on the phone because all of a sudden his title changed to "Adjuster" and I was out of luck. He REFUSED to transfer me to anyone above him. Said other shops get through all day and mine lied. He gave me a Bye Bye and hung up on me!!! I called the corporate 800 number only for a girl to transfer me right back to the customer service claims line. I picked up my car for $478. It should of only cost my deductible of $100. This company is a complete joke. I'm in the process of canceling the contract. They need to be reprimanded.

Answered the phone and needed information on the type of warranty and the cost. Spoke to three people in less than 5 mins. Last "Finance Manager" explained the cost and terms to me and when I asked if I could call back he said that this was a one time deal. So I said that I thought they had called me before and I'm not sure what happened. He just started yelling at me telling me that they had never called me before, and I'm "bringing this on myself" and lots more. I have no idea what warranted this behavior. Eventually I just hung up. This is an UNPROFESSIONAL organization that smells of SCAM artists. I tried calling the number back to ask that I be removed from their call list and as predicted I was unable to get anyone. The call just hung up on me. Scary... I hope that they are investigated and this horrible person that yelled at me for no reason today is put out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service?

This is not even a company. They are a joke. The supervisor/manager yelled at me and all I was doing was asking him a question. I request that the Consumer Affairs Division commence an investigation into this company immediately.

By far the worst, rudest, most unprofessional company I have dealt with. I own a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport and bought an extended warranty through this company when I bought the car. The front passenger side ball joint broke, leaving the car inoperable. I had the car towed to an authorized dealer for service. The service center immediately faxed a report detailing the repairs, including written information from the manufacturer detailing why each part was necessary. Despite several calls from myself and the service center, they took almost a week to come look at the car. The individual who looked at the car then didn't bother contacting me or the service center and a couple more days passed, so I called the company.

They said that the repair would not be covered because the parts being suggested were not necessary and just "upgrades". I asked to speak to a supervisor to discuss the claim, was transferred to a voicemail and left messages on 3 different occasions with no answer. Called again, asked to speak to a supervisor again, and was told I couldn't that there was no need to and was hung up on. Called again, stating that as a policy holder I was entitled to speak to a supervisor, and they finally transferred me.

Tried talking to the supervisor but was told that despite the service center and manufacturer's reports they weren't covering the repairs, and if I wanted to I could talk to the service center again, and call the company back. Called the service center again, got details again on the repairs and parts needed. Called the company again to give the info from the service center, and was asked why I was calling since they have already settled this claim. Explained that I had spoken to a supervisor and this was what I was told to do. Asked to get transferred to a supervisor, get transferred to voice mail again! Called back, hung up on!

Called Fiat, and asked them to speak to the company to explain the necessary parts and repairs. Fiat graciously did, and again a refusal to cover the repairs. So... 2 weeks and 2 days later my car is still sitting at the service center and no repairs have even been started. What a waste of $1200 spent on this useless warranty. Save your money folks - First Extended Service is just plain awful!!!

I own a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I took it into the shop and was told the master cylinder, power booster, and front two wheel bearing hubs needed to be replace. My luck was that all the parts were covered under my warranty. After looking at the reviews I was prepared for an uphill fight to get my work completed. To my surprise it went smoother than expected. The dealer Autonation submitted all the proper paperwork for me. Made time for the inspector to look at the repairs needed. The inspector was fairly quick in looking at the vehicle, and submitting the information for review. First Extended Service quickly approved the repair with only the cost of wheel hubs as a sticking point.

So after the wheel hubs were ordered and arrived I was put in a rental while repairs were made. Luckily the dealer was able to include it on the claim so I was not out of pocket for the rental. Every time I called the agents were very helpful. So after it was all said and done 7 days from start to finish I was back on the road in my vehicle. Longest wait was for parts to come in. In total 1900 worth of work cost me 180 after charges for fluids, taxes on rental, and deductible.

I understand my experience is not shared by many on here, but I was never rude to the agents. I didn't scream into the phone about what they needed to do. I honestly believe that because I was more than 40 miles from the dealer I bought it from made the biggest difference. If I would have gone through my original dealer and his network of mechanics more issues would have come up. So I got lucky in my experience, treated the customer service agents with a little respect and got my repair done quickly and under budget. I'm hoping I don't need to do this again, but I won't have my guard up as much as when I first started the process.

I must say this company is one of the worst, shadiest, and companies I have ever dealt with. I would not ever consider applying for a warranty with this company again because they really aren't even a warranty company. This warranty was purchased with my vehicle by the dealer. First Extended only authorizes the claim. The dealer underwrites the contract and decides whether to pay for the repairs. First Extended will literally just deny your claim, and refuse to pay for anything. I thought Portland BMW would have a reputable extended warranty company but I was wrong. Don't get ripped off by this company and don't purchase this warranty plan from the dealer. VERY BAD COMPANY.

By far one of the worst, shadiest, and disrespectable companies I have ever dealt with. Don't even consider applying for a warranty here, because they really aren't even a warranty company. This "warranty" was purchased with my vehicle by the dealer. First Extended only authorizes the claim. The dealer underwrites the contract and decides whether to pay for the repairs. First Extended will literally make you jump through 6 hoops to try and deny your claim, and then it's still up to the dealer to pay for it! How is that a warranty?

I purchased my vehicle from a dealer that should be in jail. The vehicle's engine immediately started knocking after purchase, and the front axle seal was leaking. Per advice of my dealer and the warranty company, the vehicle was brought to an "authorized" repair facility who told me there was "nothing wrong" with my vehicle, siphoned over 1/2 tank of gas from my vehicle, and destroyed my $300 front bumper with their boots. After this happened, I kept fighting with First Extended. There were only (4) authorized repair facilities that the dealer had listed, and First Extended will not cover your repair if it is not brought to one of these facilities! It only states in my contract I need to bring it to the dealer, not to a specific repair facility! After (4) months, I was told by First Extended I could bring it to my own mechanic for diagnosis and repair.

In February 2016, I again called First Extended to inquire about getting these repairs performed to my vehicle. I was told by (6) repair claims representatives, including Edward **, Jose **, Mike **, Christian **, and Travis, to bring my vehicle to my own repair facility once again. On February 29th, my mechanic diagnosed the vehicle as needing a bad engine and a new axle seal (surprise) which the authorized mechanic couldn't see or hear? Really? Then it gets better. After I bring it here, I am forced to pay a $75 diagnosis fee because, after 1 week, they then tell me I need to bring it back to the original facility that diagnosed it with no problems. Why would I bring it back to the facility that said it had no problems??? Do they really think I'm this stupid? After another weekend, they finally tell me to bring my vehicle to ANOTHER repair facility, who ALSO REFUSED to work on it.

Then I had to bring it to ANOTHER repair facility, one that wasn't even authorized to begin with! TWO WEEKS LATER... THEY SEND AN INVESTIGATOR TO VERIFY THE CONCERN - WHERE IS THAT STATED IN MY CONTRACT? The contract states "used parts" of the same like, kind, or quality, can be used. A used engine was originally found for $3,800. Then the repair facility found an engine for $3,000. Then the dealer and First Extended find an engine for $1650? Where does it say in the contract First Extended has the right to find the used part? It doesn't! Their "part" is an LKQ engine - they wont tell me where it came from, and then they lied to me and told me it only comes with a part warranty. Why would I pay for a warranted part replacement that might be bad and pay to replace it again?

That is NOT stated again in my contract, and it is illegal to replace a warrantied part with a defective part. Even better... I found through my own research the engine they found for $1,650 that they wouldn't tell me about isn't even for my year of truck! So now, I'm out $350 (since I'm not putting in their bad engine), plus $100. They also won't pay for oil - even though it's being taken out of my good engine - or an oil filter. You can't swap spark plugs and wires - and they won't pay for that? YOU CAN'T DO AN ENGINE SWAP WITH ONLY INTERNAL PARTS BECAUSE IT IS CASTED TO THE EXTERNAL PARTS OF THE ENGINE!

BOTTOM LINE: First Extended is a ripoff. They help the dealer and screw you. I jumped through 4 steps, waited two weeks, and lost over $350 on something that isn't specified in the contract! They won't authorize the repair if the dealer won't cover it - so how is that a warranty on a defective covered part? Read the contract very carefully if you have this contract - and be prepared for hours of calls! Mine are still being rejected/disconnected!

Consumer Increased Rating!

This is a follow up to my Blaise Alexander/First Extended Warranty issue. The authorization for repairs took four days, the car was at the dealer for eight days. Fortunately, I had access to a vehicle to go back and forth to work. Repairs were paid for by First Extended with the exception of a hundred dollar deductible which I was aware of. In the end, the warranty company paid for seven hundred fifty dollars in repairs, Blaise Alexander threw in a free oil change and did not charge me for a duplicate diagnosis charge. I must retract my previous statement regarding First Extended but they did take too long to authorize payment. Kudos to First Extended for standing by their agreement. Kudos to Blaise Alexander for repairs. Thanks to both companies.

Thomas of **, PA on

Original Review

I purchased a comprehensive care plan from First Extended Service Corporation. The cost was 1800.00 and supposedly the top tier plan, bumper to bumper for 5 yr or 100,000 miles. I purchased the vehicle from Blaise Alexander in Muncy, Pa. The salesman assured me that there would be no problems because even Blaise himself approved of this company and it would be honored at all Blaise Alexander Dealerships. I brought my car in for repairs to the Blaise Alexander dealership in State College, they diagnosed the problem for me but could not fix it because it had to go to the Ford Dealer in Lewisburg, PA.

They also charged me 84.00 for a diagnosis that they could not repair. The reason was we need special Ford tools. Well if you knew that to begin with you should have sent me to the correct dealer to begin with. I then took the vehicle to the Lewisburg location and dropped it off, they then rediagnosed it and gave me an astronomical quote of 1400.00 dollars for a new water pump and a leaking timing chain cover. I told them I had the extended warranty and they said they would get back to me. I had to call them every day for three days to get updates.

The warranty company will not give them a quote or approval for repairs. I called the company and the reason for the slow quote is that quotes are given in the order they are requested which I find hard to believe. When I asked the service rep for Blaise Alexander he states that they {the warranty company} were debating to pay or not to pay for the repairs. He also told me that there was never a problem with this warranty company. It is day four and I have no answer from the warranty company. The dealership said they will move forward with repairs next week and I'm looking at least 7-10 days with no vehicle because the warranty company is holding me hostage and the Blaise Alexander sales rep sold me a bogus repair warranty.

I'm hoping Blaise Alexander steps up and pays the warranty portion of my repair work, if so they will have restored my faith in their company. For now though, NEVER BUY A EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM First Extended Warranty Corporation. They will screw you, it's the same as theft by deception. I will update on the final outcome hopefully next week. Again, stay away from these people.

Recent broken water pump (covered on the insurance policy) on a Sprinter Roadtrek Motorhome. The broken pump also broke a fan belt, and the entire repair required 4 1/2 hrs to repair. The warranty DOES NOT COVER any item broken as a result of the covered part--which is inappropriate. ALSO, the warranty does not cover our three day's hotel expense since the repair hours was less than 8. Both these limitations on the warranty are too restrictive.

BROUGHT my 2010 GMC Canyon to dealer for repair rack & pinion, steering, & hose leaking. Dealer called warranty company informing them what needed to be replaced. They would not use dealer parts. They would ship aftermarket parts to dealer, but they also refused to pay for hose, or realigning truck after replacing steering. They also refused to pay for all labor that was quoted. I paid good money for insurance & have been jerked around every time I needed to use it. This time it is costing me over $400.00. This company needs to be investigated. It seems like they rip off everyone that purchases insurance. They wanted me to use a used part one other time repairs were needed.

So I bought my used 2011 Honda Civic from my local Chevrolet dealership here in Oklahoma City. When I purchased the vehicle, I went ahead and bought the extended warranty on the vehicle from Portfolio (First Extended Service Corporation) just in case something happened. Well with my luck, it did. Brought the car to my local Honda dealership and they diagnose that the bottom end of my motor is knocking so they will need to replace it. I dropped my Honda off at the dealership on June 20th, 2015 knowing they won't be able to diagnose it till Monday.

After the diagnoses, Honda got back to me real quick to tell me that I need to replace my motor. They contacted First Extended to get an approval to proceed with the repair. The adjuster didn't come show up till June 26th. Due to him showing up on a Friday, didn't hear anything back until July 1st. Then First Extended failed to inform my Honda rep that I needed to show proof of maintenance before they can proceed. Luckily I keep all of that. So I faxed everything to them on July 3rd. Well, due to the holiday that weekend, I didn't hear back until July 7th stating that they approved the repair and that they have order a new used motor. They told my Honda rep that the motor should be arriving at their facility by the end of July 10th. Guess what, it wasn't there.

So the following week I called and called to find out what's the hold up. Everyone kept giving me the run around so I didn't know what was going on. Finally the motor shows up on the 17th but Honda couldn't start work until the following week. I found out the reason why it took so long to receive my engine was because whomever that processed the order had it shipped to the wrong facility and state. So I didn't receive my car back until the July 23rd. Literally, my car was at the shop for a whole month. They only approved me up to $180 for a car rental. That's only a week's worth that I had a car to get to work and stuff. And to top it off, it's been 2 months now since the claim was open and I haven't been reimburse yet for my car rental. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Never again would I buy warranty from this company nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.

We spent $2,000 for an extended warranty from this company. After 4 weeks of it being in the shop without them coming out to look at the blown engine, they finally came out. The truck was towed in to the dealership and they notified the company of what happened. After numerous calls and attempts to get a hold of the company, they said they would send someone out within the next couple of days. 3 weeks later and after several rounds of phone calls, they finally got someone out to look at it. The warranty we purchased was supposed to cover everything.

They requested maintenance records, which were submitted. They said that the water pump failed causing the truck to overheat. But they always have a way of getting out of paying. They said they would pay for the water pump but not the blown engine because they said he drove with it overheating. How can you drive it when the whole motor shuts down with no indication? I spoke with several people, including a supervisor and he told me that I was upset because he was not telling me what I wanted to hear. Really??? I spent a lot of money and I just want the truck to be fixed!

I spent over $3,000 on their top of the line plan, the high tech plan, and when I had an issue with my truck, which I've only had 3 months, they cited my loopholes and b.s. about why they don't cover that particular part, and I was forced to foot the bill. This warranty is worthless unless your engine dies or transmission fails. Save your money or find a better company.

Customer service is very poor and contacting a person is difficult to resolve issues. Supervisors do not keep word and call you back, as promised. Poor payment policies to servicing dealers causing additional problems. Buy Good Sam's and save headaches.

Had a vehicle that I purchased stop running. I took it to the nearest garage who told me the engine was shot and it looked like a timing belt. They called First Extended people with a diagnosis and told them they would be able to complete the repair. Two days later with no response, they called back to seek approval to work on the car. They were told the car had to be sent to the dealer it was purchased. So, the car was sent there was a copy of the diagnosis. Service Manager from dealership verifies that engine is shot due to non-lubricated reasons, so the warranty for the car should kick in.

First attempt - denied. First extended requested maintenance records... very limited for a car only driven 27k since purchase. They stated that 3 forms of oil change documents were required... faxed the next morning. 2 days later after 10 calls - denied again. They state that engine needs to be examined internally to proceed with appeal... $300 later and same diagnosis - denied. They state that due to the timing belt failure, proper maintenance was not done. I called to ask for a refund of the warranty since they were clearly in default, they play the prorate game.

All of their call service center reps are uneducated in automotive knowledge. They do not listen to the advise of trained mechanics. They refuse to handle issues in timely manner. They do not honor warranty commitments. They need training in the English language being they are from Chicago and dealing with Americans, not foreigners.

I have a high tech warranty on a 2006 Jeep Liberty that needed a part to be replaced in the back driver's side window. The repair facility said that I needed a "regulator" and replaced the part needed. First Extended will not cover the part because they say, in the contract they cover "motors" for the window. The repair facility said that to buy a "motor" you purchase an assembly called a "regulator" which includes a motor or vise versa. If they had bought a motor, a regulator would have come with it. How ridiculous, and what a way to rip someone off by refusing to agree that a "motor assembly" and a "regulator assembly" are the same thing! Bye First Extended after purchasing two warranties from you, and was about ready to purchase another!

I purchased a vehicle less than 8 months ago, and have put 10,000 miles on my vehicle. The odometer is currently at 46,000 miles. I have a leaking thermostat housing and a leaking radiator. They are refusing to cover the cost of the radiator. The average life span of a radiator is 125,000 miles, and yet I have been told that my radiator must be faulty. My concern is that I bought this vehicle from a reputable dealership, and they told me to speak to the dealership. Had I known that this extended warranty was just a scam, and really does not cover bumper to bumper as I was told, I would have never purchased it. I own a 2013 Jeep Wrangler.

Sunday 5/10/ 2015 our 2011 VW Tiguan broke the timing chain in our driveway. I then read our contract from First Extended Service Corp. It said "if your car is within 40 miles of selling dealer you must deliver vehicle to the selling dealer". We live 57 miles from that dealer. So I had the car towed to the closer dealer (closer to me). They checked the vehicle said "yes, it is the timing chain" and "yes, we would be glad to call your warranty co". Warranty co says "yes, that is a covered repair but because you are within 40 miles of selling dealer we won't pay for repair".

"Ok." So I call First Extended and got nowhere not rude or anything just a very thick brick wall. "All right tow the car to the selling dealer so the repair will be covered". This is 5/13 car arrives next morning dealer says "No appt. We will get to it asap and credit to them". They got it in next afternoon. 5/18 dealer calls us says he needs to get adjuster out from warranty co to sign off on repair. It's going to take two days for adjuster to show up (he later told us adj was there that day for other vehicle but would not look at ours without appt). Long story (well not so) short they did pay for repair.

When we got the car back found out the rental car we had for three weeks would only be covered for one day because the actual repair only took 9 hours. Every attempt to reason with this company was met with an absolute unwillingness to bend or absorb any of our rental costs. I got the very distinct impression that since we had already paid for the warranty we were the last people they wanted to hear from. This was the most frustrating lack of customer service I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. If you are considering a extended warranty please read the fine print very very carefully. The loan officer/finance person is trying to sell you something very expensive, ask to read the contract.

Paid 7000.00 for a policy to First Extended. According to First Extended, they did not have a policy with Me or My RV! I bought a brand new Coach last year from McMahon’s RV Dealership and never had anything corrected with them, and they went under. And when I tried to get some work done, I found out that they did not have a policy. My suggestion to other prospective buyers is not to purchase any extra coverage because they all seem to be lacking some sort of integrity! This may have not been caused by First Extended but something about all the other stories depict a less than honorable service! I have other stories with other extended policies that were never fulfilled in their service agreements and it almost seems as if they are all connected to the same moral character!

We purchased a motor home and an extended warranty contract through First Extended Service Corporation from McMahon's RV in Palm Desert, California in April 2013. We sold the motor home in October 2014 and have tried to cancel the contract. According to the contract, the dealer from whom we purchased the motor home will cancel the contract after I write a letter to the dealer requesting same. Unfortunately the dealer is now out of business and in bankruptcy.

I called First Extended Service Corporation to explain that I had sold the motor home and that I wished to cancel the service contract and that the dealer through which we purchased the contract was in bankruptcy. I was told by representative Beverly, they were aware of same and that if I submitted by facsimile - attention to Beverly - a letter requesting cancellation, a copy of First Extended Contract, information from purchasing dealer regarding mileage on motor home at time of sale, copy of trade/sale receipt from purchasing dealer and copy of retail installment sale contract from McMahon's RV, a check for the pro rata amount of the contract based on mileage at time or sale or number of months elapsed on the contract would be sent to me with a letter explaining what to do if the amount did not match my calculations. The requested information was sent by facsimile on 10/24/2014. It has been a month since I sent the requested items to First Extended Service Corporation and have not received any communication from First Extended, let alone a check.

On 11/21/2014 through the First Extended Service Corporation website, I sent an email requesting status of my request for cancellation. I received a return email stating that a representative would be contacting me within a few days. It is now a week later and I have not received any communication from First Extended.

I have the hi-tech service agreement from portfolio. I have read all the fine print and understand that the service agreement is with the company from which I purchased my vehicle from. National Automotive Group of Jacksonville, NC is denying a claim for a leaking exhaust manifold because the warranty doesn't cover bolts that are broken. But the warranty does cover the manifold and all seals and gaskets of covered parts, which in turn would cover the repair minus the bolts which would need to be taken out to repair the gaskets anyway. I would be willing to pay the service department inflated price for the hardware if they would cover the repair as the warranty states they should. Overall I believe the warranty is waste of consumer money.

On July 2, 2014 my husband's car over-heated. After having the car towed to our mechanic to be looked at we were told by First Extended Service (FES) it must be taken to the dealership we bought it at (Car Vision). After a few weeks, yes weeks, of back and forth and submitting every oil change receipt etc we were told yes, the head-casket would be covered. A few weeks later, yes weeks, the car was still sitting at Car Vision because they did not have the tools to fix the car. After battling with FES we were told the repairs could be sub-leased. It's now September 25th, and we are still waiting for payment on the repairs.

This has been the most expensive, stressful, and long few months. My husband is on the phone with Car Vision and/or FES almost every other day. In addition to continuing to make car payments, pay for towing, insurance, and a rental car repeatedly we have spent a fortune on a car we haven't used for almost (3) months. Please beware of both Car Vision and First Extended Service.

In August 2014 the radio on my 2012 Hyundai Azera stopped working. Since the car contains a lot of electronic systems I purchased an extended coverage warranty from Portfolio/First Extended Service to cover just this type of eventuality. So walked in with my contract thinking I was in good shape, big mistake. My service department contacts Portfolio and they don't want to replace the radio - they want to try and see if they can fix it. To do this they need to remove the radio, ship it to a repair shop, have repair shop evaluate it to see if it can be repaired, order parts, wait for parts to arrive, perform the fix, then ship it back, then have it reinstalled. Total time period = 3 weeks.

The radio controls a bunch of systems on my car including backup camera, navigation, etc. So I explain that 3 weeks is an unacceptable timeline. They consult with adjusters saying it will take 24 hours. So 48 hours later I am told that they will only go with the original plan. My service department had offered to sell them the radio at cost but apparently Portfolio does not want to pay the extra $900. My service department asks for approval for a rental car but Portfolio will not pay for a rental car because my car is "drivable". So now I am driving around for who knows how long, with a huge hole in my dash and lacking access to a number of important features on my car.

The cherry on top came when my service manager asked them for the information to bill for shipping the radio to the repair shop. Portfolio told him that they would not pay for the shipping, that that was my responsibility. So they dictate a plan to fix the radio, but won't pay the costs associated with enacting this plan - kind of sounds like fraud doesn't it? So I have to call them back again and threaten them with a lawsuit for them to finally approve a shipping fee of $25 on a policy that I paid over $3000 for in order to enact a repair plan that they approved.

I spoke with the General Manager of the dealership I use for servicing and he says he will not do business with Portfolio/First Extended Service for exactly this reason. I have no idea when or if my radio will be repaired but I have had to call Portfolio almost every day and spend 30 minutes to an hour each time since I first brought it in to deal with one kind of hassle or another. Look online before you consider this policy. See how many complaints exist against Portfolio/First Extended Service. At least I "might" get my problem fixed. I truly empathize with all of the others who get their claims denied.

These people are all about getting your money and fighting you tooth and nail to keep every cent of it. My claim was very legitimate but Portfolio/First Extended Service seems to deliberately make it as cumbersome as possible to get your vehicle fixed, if at all - hoping you will give up and go away. There are other companies out there that provide extended warranties - explore them. Do not go with Portfolio/First Extended Service.

Had heater hose fitting on heater core, broke off. Made it to chev dealer, They called First Extended Service Corporation. I have 2011 GMC canyon 4x4 with 62000 miles. They said Part not covered, It cost me 300.00 to fix. I paid 4,500 For This. Truck over Heated - Still Runs. No Thanks To Them.

Bought coverage based on guidance by dealer employees. Coverage was implied to cover everyday dings and dents in car to keep it looking new. Car had two small dents and a scratch on driver's side, typical parking lot type of damage. Repair was either not covered or poorly done.

I bought a 2005 Acura TL in April 2013. I had just returned from a trip and my 98 Integra had the check engine light come on. When I took it to the Hertrich's of New Castle, DE, it died. So I had to buy a new car. After hours not searching I found the TL. The finance rep goes through the very thing and sells me what he says is a "bumper to bumper" warranty 3 years/36k miles. Be secure knowing if something big goes wrong you're covered. This is $2100 and financed with the loan. Note: I have taken my Acuras to this dealer for 13 years and have had no reason not to trust the people there.

Well flash forward to June 2014. I take my TL in for a regular A13 service. This is an oil change, flush the trans fluid and replace rotate tires. Nothing serious. 45 minutes after I leave, the check engine light comes on, the VSA light comes on and I lose power. I immediately call the service dept and they say bring it to them in the morning. Turns out the throttle sensor is off. They turn it on. My husband gets home with the car and the same thing happens. So back again. I have already had the car at the dealer in the past and found that this warranty of which I got nothing but a card. No literature no information whatsoever does not cover the inside panel where the material is coming off - that is considered trim. It also doesn't cover the door seal that keeps the door nicely closed either. Apparently Door seals are also trim. It didn't cover the sunroof rattle that was so loud either. Hmm, seeing a pattern here on a "bumper to bumper" warranty.

So now we find out that we need a throttle casing and housing, sensor, etc. to the tune of $1100 worth of work. The service guy also says he took the liberty of calling the warranty company and GUESS WHAT! The warranty does cover this either and, to top it off, the finance dept had put the sale thru as a powertrain base warranty. They get that fixed and the warranty "top of the line" now still does not covers the work. What peace of mind did I get? Nada. Is the dealer going to cover the "bumper to bumper" warranty? Nope because the GM says there was nothing in writing calling it that. They have offered to buy back my warranty. And I discovered at only 1/3rd of what I will pay over the lifetime of the loan. Do not buy this warranty. This company is only out to make money and not give consumers the peace of mind a warranty should provide. I have warranties through other companies and never have I had a bad experience until now.

My wife, Sterling **, purchased this warranty through the dealer, Equity Auto Center in Tempe, Arizona on 11/03/2012. The price of this product was approximately $1552.00. The salesman said that this particular extended warranty was the best you can get, "top of the line." The salesman presented this warranty as a "peace of mind" for a young college girl on a limited income. The salesman and the company brochure stated the following: "YOU WILL DRIVE WITH CONFIDENCE AND SECURITY WHEN YOU CHOOSE THIS EXTENDED SERVICE AGREEMENT." She was lead to believe that she would be covered for any expensive repair including high tech electrical problems. They also stated that they would provide roadside assistance and towing to the nearest repair facility.

We called for help on 06/18/2014. The roadside assistance they offered was $50.00 off a $400.00 tow bill. The Ford dealer diagnosed the problem as a transmission control module (TCM), a common problem. Ford in Page, Arizona gave us an estimate of approximately $1100.00. Portfolio denied the claim stating that the specific part was not mentioned in the contract. They offered no assistance whatsoever. I talked to a supervisor named Tony, who said that they can only pay for items specifically mentioned in the contract.

My issue is that the salesman and the company literature portray this product as something that will give you "confidence and security" knowing that you are covered. I can respect the fact that the contract does not specifically mention the TCM, but they led a young, naive woman to believe that she was covered. The sales presentation and the company literature are definitely deceptive. Neither of them have any qualms about taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers. I am completely dissatisfied with this company and do not recommend it to anyone!

First Extended Service Corporation Company Profile