First Extended Service Corporation

Expired Warranty? Save on Repairs

First Extended Service Corporation

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

78 First Extended Service Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

DO NOT purchase an extended warranty from this company. Telephone customer service is horrendous and the reps are lacking in the ability to operate their computers to access the customers correct information. Phone reps bounce you around on hold for hours and then deny car rental service on a covered repair, Worst experience ever trying to get my SUV fixed and a rental car.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I purchased the extended warranty on my 2012 Hyundai Touring. My struts went and I contacted First Extended Service and they informed me that my extended warranty was only good for 9 months. I had to go back to the dealer to have them work it out with First Extended that I had purchased a 10 year or 1,000-mile plan. My dealer told me I could go to my own repair shop due to the distance.

When I submitted my claim they said I did not get prior approval or go to the dealer. When I explained it took the Car Dealer 10 days to work it out with them that I had in fact purchased the extended warranty I could wait for prior approval since I live way out in the country with no public transportation. They were rude on the phone. I asked if they would send me a denial and they said they didn't necessarily send out notices. I told her I wanted it so I turn their business into the New York State's Attorney General and the lady hung up the phone. I totally feel stupid that this company took $2,000 of my hard earned money and provided nothing.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

2011 Range Rover Warranty - Bought a warranty through Marietta Auto Sales. Apparently they sell you warranty and you are bound to send vehicle to them for repair and they do not tell you that at the time of purchase even when dealer cannot fix car. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This company is horrible. I don't understand how they are still in business. They don't even follow their own paperwork on what is covered. If it says it is covered on paper it should be but they do everything they can to not cover it. I will be canceling as soon as I get my car back.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought my 2016 RAM2500 at Bob Allen in Frankfort KY. I purchased the extended warranty plan. I was told if your vehicle is more than 40 miles from dealer where purchased call and get authorization to go to another repair station. I live 47 miles from where I purchased my truck. I went to a local dealer for a cruise control issue. First Extended refused my claim stated the 40 miles is aerial not road miles. What a crock. I asked for a Supervisor and waited 12 minutes, no supervisor. This company should not be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service?

Original review: June 27, 2018

My AC went out on my car and I took it to my trusted mechanic then remembering that I had paid extra for an aftermarket warranty I called to find out about it... I was told that I needed to take it to the dealer I bought it from but since they wouldn't be able to get to it until the following week I decided to take it to Rio Vista (as the mechanic needed to be at least 40 miles from the dealer). They were able to get to it them. I call the warranty company who gave me a claim number to give them so they could begin the work (all this time I'm in a rental car)...

The service department calls said warranty company who tells them a customer isn't allowed to start a claim number and that the service department can't start the work until they get approval. It's been two weeks now and the service department called the warranty company again and was told they needed to restart the process all over again...I cannot afford this! I paid extra for a warranty believing that it would prevent further expense...nope.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I wish I read the reviews before I bought. They put your file in review so long you have no choice but to get your car fixed on your own and will not reimburse you after that. Customer service is worse, Can’t believe they are not shut down.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I paid a steep premium in my opinion for a warranty service but thinking since I am getting older that I will let someone else work on my new used car rather than me. In the past I have done pretty much all my own work on vehicles since in general they are fairly reliable and not too complicated to work on. This week while driving my 4 year old Ford Taurus to my rental apartment close to work, my brakes failed and used my emergency brake to stop my car. Did a quick check finding plenty of brake fluid and no brake caliper, hose, or line leaks were found. So called First Extended Services Corp and was on hold for 37 minutes to get a tow truck. Then asked how about a rental car. They said when the dealer tells them the issues and parts needed they will then get a car. That was 4 days ago. I had to get my own rental car.

So called the dealership a few times. They said they can't get in touch with First Extended Services and put on hold for too long. The dealership said they can't be on hold for that long. Maybe a minute but not half an hour. So called First Extended Services to contact the dealership. They said they can't do that. I asked for their manager and they said they can't do that. I asked them to move it up the chain of their management, they can't do that. I said, "What can you do." What can they do.

It sounds like a complete scam. In my business we are all about integrity, honor, discipline and so on, and never saying we can't do that. I am a nuclear engineer. My initial thought is to always trust and have faith in humanity. However this company seems to value the opposite which is probably why they have not been rated by the BBB yet. Thus learned a great lesson here that First Extended Services does not value honesty, integrity, and having the grit and intensity to get the job done to service its customers. These workers have no GRIT, NO INTEGRITY, No intensity, No Honesty, and no intention of customer service.

Updated on 06/07/2018: Apparently, when I called for the service 4 days ago, the car must be towed within 40 miles and the closest shop was FX Caprara in Pulaski, NY and they said that is fine so it has been there for 4 days. When that dealer was finally able to contact First Extended Services Corp on the 4th day First Extended Services Corp said, "Oh no. It must go to Bill Rapp in Syracuse." Now it has to be towed to Syracuse from Pulaski. And now play the game again. OMG this place is terrible. I will never get this product. And if I go to buy another used car with an extended service contract I will review the consumer reports on them. Took the word of a salesman. Not happening again.

Original review: June 4, 2018

How is it possible for a car to be kept with no approval for 5 weeks? After stating an engine break down would be fixed it is still sitting in the shop with no explanation. (I provided proof of service and we all know a oil change does not make an engine break) I am writing this report to ask if there is a way to help save someone the pain. Please do not deal with this company. Worst in customer service and service as well. Very unethical on how a company can deal with people this way.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Waiting now for 12 weeks on rental reimbursement that was told would get paid in 2-8 weeks. Every time they say it's approved. Then why don't I have it??? This is after having a heater core not covered after I was told over the phone that it was covered. Had to spend an extra $400 to get car fixed. Would not recommended this company to anyone. Looks like from the reviews nobody would.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Transfer case on my 2010 Jeep Rubicon blew up. Front driveshaft broke, parts from transfer case bent rear driveshaft. They wouldn't cover claim because Jeep has bigger tires and a better driveshaft on it. When I purchase this warranty I stated that this was going to be done to improve off road travel. Which was not to and extreme at all. But anything to get out of a claim. Would never purchase from this company again. From the looks of it should have read reviews first.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty through the Nissan dealer from whom I purchased my truck. It was purchased on Sep 27, 2016 and extended the warranty period an additional 36 months and 36,000 miles. I am well within those ranges. On Mar 29, 2018 I took the truck to the Nissan dealer here in Greenville, NC because I could not get the transmission to shift into reverse. The truck is still at the dealer and nothing has been done because the warranty company is so difficult to deal with. Both the service rep at Nissan and I have tried on several occasions to get this process off the dime all to no avail. This warranty company seems happy to take one's money but extremely reluctant to honor the warranty. I have never experienced service this poor. Stay away from "FIRST EXTENDED SERVICE CORP" at all cost!!!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have a 2016 Cadillac Escalade and when I purchased it new I bought the extended warranty thru the dealership but apparently First Extended Service is the owner of the extended warranty. Our 2 year old Escalade with 55,000 miles, has a condenser that is cracked and the dealership won't cover it under the Cadillac warranty because it expired at 53,000 miles and First Extended said that it is a covered item under their contract but it has been 72 hours and they still haven't approved the claim to begin repairs. They declare that claims are ok'd or denied within 24-48 hours. Frustrating, I would stay away from First Extended.

Original review: March 20, 2018

A fuel pump failed on our vehicle and is clearly covered under warranty, but because we did not tow our vehicle 45 minutes away from our house on the evening this happened, they will not call her the repair. Towing is only covered up to $50 so it makes no sense to tow it that far since you will be paying out of pocket for the tow as well. This warranty is a scam and should not be purchased by anyone. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY. YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

On 7/24/16 I purchased a 5th Wheel Crossroads Cruiser from Manteca Trailer. I also purchased through them a 7 year extended warranty with First Extended Service Corporation. On 9/25/17 a service repair person named Robert came out to look at my air conditioner, which was not working. He said that my air conditioner needed to be replaced and that he would contact First Extended to get authorization. He took pictures of the air conditioner and charged me $125 for the service call. He told me the air conditioner was around $1300 and I was lucky to have a warranty on it. About a month later he called and said that he needed the model number of my trailer. He also told me that they would most likely approve the part. He said that he had not gotten back to me sooner because he had been bit by a spider. I never got a call from him again, even though I left multiple messages.

On 11/8/17 I called First Extended and spoke to Gilbert. Gilbert told me that on 11/8/17 the air conditioner had been approved. He said that the warranty company had left 6 voicemail messages with Robert but he had not responded to any of them. I told them that I had left multiple messages with Robert and that he had not returned any of my calls. I asked to cancel the work order but was told only Robert could do that. I asked if there was any way around that and was repeatedly told that there was not. I asked to speak to a supervisor and my request was denied. I was told that they would tell me the same thing. Gilbert even said that I was the one who had chosen to use this service person, as if were the one to blame. My boyfriend also talked to First Extended and got the same response. The holidays came and I put this on hold for a while.

On 2/1/18 I again called First Extended and spoke to Sharon. She was nicer, admitting that this matter had gone on for months. She also confirmed that Robert needed to be the one to cancel the order before I could go somewhere else. She said that she would attempt to call Robert and get back to me by the end of the day. I never got a call from her. On 2/1/18 I also left a message on Robert’s phone that I was disappointed and frustrated with his failure to return my calls. The next day 2/2/18 I went to the Lodi Walmart near where I live and I saw the Liberty RV vehicle in the parking lot. The name “Liberty RV” and the phone number were on the back of the car. I told my boyfriend that I thought Robert was in Walmart. Sure enough Robert was in Walmart and I approached him. I told him that I had tried calling him multiple times and now my warranty company was not letting me go elsewhere.

Robert said that he had been bitten by a spider. He told me that he had the air conditioner sitting at his shop and that he would call the warranty company to cancel the order. My boyfriend was behind me and has this conversation recorded on video. On 2/5/18 I called First Extended and spoke to Maria. I told her what had transpired at Walmart and offered to send her the video and photos. She told me that Robert would still need to call First Extended to cancel, that the evidence I had was not sufficient. I am very upset that First Extended has done nothing to help me and seems to want to protect the repairman, who is potentially committing some kind of fraud (such as selling parts). It has been almost 6 months and Robert has not canceled the order and First Extended flat out refuses to help me. I paid almost $3000 for my warranty and I don’t appreciate how I have been treated.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

They deserve negative star ratings as well as the dealership TEXAS AUTO in Webster, Tx who sells this bs. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THESE SCAMMERS! The finance guy at Texas Auto pushed really hard to get me to buy this warranty. The contract states that all power motors and solenoids related to electrical operations of door locks, seats, mirrors and trunk releases are covered. I took my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in for service and was told that the motor for the power liftgate needed to be replaced. The service man at the dealership said he could not understand why the claim was denied. I called and they told me it's because "power liftgate motor" is not covered.

I pointed out that it clearly states that power trunk releases are covered. The person I was speaking with could only repeat to me that "the wording on the claim states a power liftgate motor and that is not a motor for trunk release." I understand that it's not physically the exact same part, it does however provide the same function and the contract does not state that on vehicles with no trunk, liftgate motors are excluded - so why is it not covered?? When I asked to speak to someone else I was told that all I could do was call another number for Portfolio Protection. These are 2 different companies completely??

When I asked the First Extended service rep this I was completely ignored. I'm still confused about that and if that is the case... why were we told to waste our time dealing with someone that can do nothing more than read my contact to me? She said she couldn't even send me a copy of it, that I have to contact the Portfolio place. I really feel like this is something the dealership selling this should have provided. While this repair seems relatively inexpensive (about $400) it should be covered by the warranty. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THESE SCAMMERS!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I purchased an extended warranty for my 2013 Ford F150 from First Extended Service Corporation. The first time I brought my truck in for repairs that are covered by the terms of the warranty contract it took First Extended 6 business days to approve the work. The contract states that turn around is usually between 24 to 48 hours for approval. The cost from the repair shop was $2200.00. The repairs were finally approved. Approximately 1 year later I needed to bring my truck in again for warranty work. The repair shop estimated the cost of the repairs to be $2700.00.

First Extended advised the mechanic that they were reviewing my policy and it was in review to decide if they were going to approve the work or drop my coverage and return my money that I paid for the policy. The work was finally approved after 12 days and me having to supply all of my service records including receipts for all my oil changes. One month later I had to bring the truck in again for warranty work. This time to a new shop and the estimated cost was $3500.00. After 6 days of pending approval by First Extended they requested all of my service records again.

I spoke to a customer services rep. and advised him that one month ago I gave them all of those records. He told me that I need to send them all again because it was a new claim. I explained to him that unfortunately I did not save those records and it would again take me a few days to backtrack again and find all of those records. I explained several times that they have the records from 1 month ago. He told me that he understands and that he was looking at the records that I email them 1 month ago but since it was a new claim I needed to send them all again. I asked him to email me the form he stated he was looking at so that I could just turn around and email back to him since nothing changed in the month since my last claim.

He stated that he could not do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me that he was not able to let me speak to a supervisor since he was the rep I was talking to. I asked to speak to someone in the claims department. He again told me that he was the only person that I was going to be able to talk to. I told him that I will not be sending them a copy of all the service records since they had them from 1 month prior and that they were just making me jump through hoops. I then hung up the phone. My mechanic was able to speak to a supervisor at First Extended and after 7 days the claim was finally approved.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I run a new car dealership Parts and Service Department that does not sell this companies' policies. However in my years, I have dealt with hundreds of Extended Warranty companies. I have a customer who purchased one from this company. I have spent hours upon hours on hold, promised callbacks that never came, received authorizations numbers that later were rescinded after the fact. I fear for my customer and have informed them that I will not be contacting this company on their behalf ever again. All communications will need to be direct with customer to this company. Worst experiences ever (4 separate instances) ALL the same! Horrifying!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV used with 34,750 miles on it and a expensive warranty from First Extended Service. When I encountered transmission issues with the car I called to make a claim. They informed me that I was out of coverage. I was asked how many miles was on my car at the time the car had 105,000 miles on it, and I asked why is my warranty out. The lady was rude. “She stated the car has over 100,000 miles". I informed her that the car had 34,750 miles on it and I done the math and I still should be under warranty. Her response was "No. You're out of warranty". I said, "So I paid for a warranty and never used it and I have to pay for a transmission?" "Pretty Much yeah".

She was really rude. How can a company take money for a service that was never used. This company needs to be investigated and everyone that they have cheated out of money should be refunded every penny. Now I have to pay for a car and a transmission. Stay away from companies like First Extended Service. They are sorry in my opinion they need to be banned from selling such phony warranties.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and should be investigated! They sell bumper to bumper warranties for car repair at various car dealerships then absolutely will not honor the warranty for COVERED repairs. Shame on the dealerships who are in on this scam with this company! We paid for their highest tier warranty and the parts on the contract in black and white that said they are covered this company will not cover and use a play on words using a different term hoping the consumer will not know anything about car parts!

The dealership that offers this warranty (DEACON'S Chrysler Dodge in Mayfield OHIO) has to know this company is a scam and yet they sold us this $4000 dollar added warranty to our car payments knowing First Extended does not honor their contract on listed parts!! If a contract says for instance it covers brake work like backing plates, calipers self adjusters, brake lines, springs, and DEACON'S service garage says I need new rotors because the self adjusters are sticking, how can First Extended say they will not cover ANY brake repair because brake pads are self maintenance? It was the rotors and self adjusters that need fixed! The brake pads wore down because the COVERED self adjusters were sticking and caused my rotors to warp. This is just ONE of MANY play on words this company uses to not cover what they put on the contract that says it's covered.

Another one was a broken strut that says right on the contract it's covered but they refused to cover it because they said the coil around the strut was the broken part and that wasn't covered yet, it all comes together from the factory in ONE PIECE. It's mind blowing that this company is still in business and hasn't been shut down. Especially after reading I am just another complaint to a list of complaints a mile long. I will never deal with any of these scam artist companies again. Be warned!! Stay away!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I purchased the extended warranty as recommended by Dorsch Ford staff in Green Bay when I bought my 2013 Ford Explorer. The coverage was suppose to be the best money could buy. Well unless you never leave the purchase area that still may be true but having moved to Texas and having to file a claim I can say it is a very difficult and painful process and coverage is not what you expect. Don't waste your money on the warranty. Rude and disrespectful call center staff and warranty language about exclusions is very misleading.

Even the finance people at Dorsch didn't understand why they declined coverage but couldn't help me because I wasn't at their facility. Which is 1100 miles away, not just a day trip to get the service I paid for. Started dealing with the company around 9:00 am and they told me after 4:30 pm that the normal process to approve repairs can take up to 48 hours. Funny the contract doesn't say that. It also doesn't say they can jerk you and the repair facility around, but rest assured they will.

Original review: April 10, 2017

If I could give this company negative stars I would. Purchased an extended warranty on my 2014 ford focus when I bought the car less than a year ago. Now my clutch needs to be replaced. The dealership I bought it from called the warranty company to come and look at my car and they automatically denied my claim stating that even though my car is an automatic they consider it to be a manual because of the dual clutch system. However, on my warranty contract it specifically states that clutches are covered in automatic vehicles. Called them five times last week and nobody answered, left messages and nobody called back.

Finally got a hold of an associate today named Cam, extremely rude, probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. He told me I have no idea what I'm talking about and it's not his fault that I don't understand. I will be reporting them to bbb as well as having my attorney look at my contract. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy!!!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I put my vehicle in the shop on two separate occasion for warranty work. Both times I was without my vehicle for OVER a month. The work itself was less than a week's worth. They drag their feet and try to find reasons why they are not required to cover said part in their contract. It's been 3 weeks at this point just to get the lifters inspected and replaced. First they said a hydraulic lifter was not an internal lubricated part and denied that part of the claim. I called and went over the contract (their contract) with them and defined in Laymen's terms what "ALL INTERNAL LUBRICATED PARTS" MEANS. Then, all of a sudden they never got a claim for that and it IS covered, BUT we need copies of all oil changes, then we will send out an inspector, then he will file his findings, then we will approve or deny, then we'll get in contact with the service dept.

"Oh well we offer a rental car service, but it's a maximum of 5 days, 150.00 per claim, IF APPROVED. So you have a car to drive for the first week. You pay though and we will reimburse you. That process takes a month minimum." I am totally disgusted with this company and STRONGLY recommend they be investigated. I will NEVER buy another car from a car lot that sells their plans. Don't even get me started on the first time. 3 months I waited and had to have the vehicle towed to another service center because they did not want to pay the dealer rates AFTER I was specifically given permission to take my vehicle there in the first place.

Horrible customer service on top of it all. You could just record them and play it back and you wouldn't know the difference. No way to get in contact with anyone above the call center because they tell you the manager is busy and will have to call you back. I have never spoken to a manager in the 8 different times I have tried. Again, this company needs to be seriously investigated and someone other than an answering service needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Took my vehicle to Chevy for 2 minor recall issues. Asked them to look into odor of anti freeze/coolant that was easily observed but no puddle seen. Fixed recalls same day and stated there was a small leak in the radiator and warranty company was contacted to authorize the repair. Next day warranty rep at Chevy dealership had determined that the vehicle needed to stripped down to better see problem and document with picture. Day later they claim rep was never there at the dealer and they have no record of claim. Back to square one - rep to be sent to look at problem.

Three weeks later, I'm still waiting for the claim to be approved - now by upper management. BTW - they never came back to photograph the radiator leak or look at it. The part has been on location since day one. The cost of the part and labor is $1000. Really - three weeks to be approved along with several stories and lies. Worst company I have ever dealt with and I will be initiating a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer affairs - Ins. Claims Division.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

After reading all of the reviews for this company I wonder why I sit here having to complain at all. Has there been an investigation? Has anyone sued them? They denied a legitimate claim today without even knowing the details, and after a complaint they asked for pics from STS and denied it again. I have two front tires with metal sticking out of both of them, and they are talking about tread wear! Legally maybe they might have a leg to stand on, but morally and ethically they are bankrupt. How can they be allowed to be in business scamming a trusting public to pay them every month, month after month. I am filing complaints everywhere, they should be stopped.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

When I bought out the 2 nissans I was leasing (one for me and one for the wife) I purchased the extended warranty through Nissan. My car a 2010 maxima has just about 50K miles. My wife's Rougue has over 67K. I get the oil changed in both regularly. I start hearing a ticking noise not too long ago, in the maxima. I bring it to my guy. He takes a look, calls Extended warranty, adjuster comes. Tells them tighten the adjuster on the timing chain and clean the oil out of the timing chain. This gets done.

Within 24 hours noise is back and car is undrivable. I get it towed from my house to my guy. This time he calls extended again and asks them to come and look again. Extended tells them to send it to Nissan smithtown. Nissan tells me the motor is blown. I ask how we went from a timing chain to a blown motor. No answer for that. That is still a mystery. Then Nissan tells me they see sludge in the engine. I tell them the oil is changed regularly and several times I used synthetic. I also explain that I drive this car to work mainly.

I live 4-5 miles from my office. On several occasion the heat is not hot when I get to my office and when I get home. That is how short of drive it is. I also explain that sludge can be caused by oil not getting up to temperature. Which I believe is the case here. Nissan and First Extended want oil change receipts. I explained that I did not keep those but my mechanic has them. My mechanic calls me and states he lost info in his computer and do I have or have I kept a log. I did, but it only has dates, no mileage. I give it to him and he writes up oil change receipts sends them to Nissan. First Extended will not approve the repair because of insufficient maintenance records. I explain the situation. Both the beginning and up to now. They could care less.

I ask First extended how they can explain - I first have timing chain issue, then a blown motor, and that the motor is not covered because of maintenance records? I was told I have insufficient records. I say, "Look I have a 2010 nissan Rogue with 67K miles on it and the oil was changed just as often as the Maxima. There is nothing wrong with the Rogue. Then I say don't they find it odd that 6 year old car, (and the maxima was recalled in 2009 for timing chain issues), with 50K miles on it with a blown motor sounds as though the manufacturer could be at fault. They would not answer. They just keep telling me my maintenance records are insufficient. They won't even entertain the log.

And Nissan tells me while all this is going on, "It looks like your oil was just changed." And I said, "YES IT WAS." Just like I do when the date or mileage on the little sticker on my window from my mechanic tells me to get the oil change. Even I am missing 1,2,3, records of an oil change. There is no way driving 8 miles a day would blow a motor. If they do not want to approve the repair I want ALL of my money back for my warranty. But what I would really like is for them to repair my car. Which I believe was damaged by a faulty timing chain, which all should be covered under warranty. It is not as though I am not able to prove oil changes. It is because they do not want to believe my mechanic. Whom I have taken every car I have owned in the last 20 years to. Who changes my oil every 3-5k miles, religiously. I have NEVER missed an oil change. Never.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Answered the phone and needed information on the type of warranty and the cost. Spoke to three people in less than 5 mins. Last "Finance Manager" explained the cost and terms to me and when I asked if I could call back he said that this was a one time deal. So I said that I thought they had called me before and I'm not sure what happened. He just started yelling at me telling me that they had never called me before, and I'm "bringing this on myself" and lots more. I have no idea what warranted this behavior. Eventually I just hung up. This is an UNPROFESSIONAL organization that smells of SCAM artists. I tried calling the number back to ask that I be removed from their call list and as predicted I was unable to get anyone. The call just hung up on me. Scary... I hope that they are investigated and this horrible person that yelled at me for no reason today is put out of business.

Original review: April 26, 2016

This is not even a company. They are a joke. The supervisor/manager yelled at me and all I was doing was asking him a question. I request that the Consumer Affairs Division commence an investigation into this company immediately.

Original review: April 25, 2016

By far the worst, rudest, most unprofessional company I have dealt with. I own a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport and bought an extended warranty through this company when I bought the car. The front passenger side ball joint broke, leaving the car inoperable. I had the car towed to an authorized dealer for service. The service center immediately faxed a report detailing the repairs, including written information from the manufacturer detailing why each part was necessary. Despite several calls from myself and the service center, they took almost a week to come look at the car. The individual who looked at the car then didn't bother contacting me or the service center and a couple more days passed, so I called the company.

They said that the repair would not be covered because the parts being suggested were not necessary and just "upgrades". I asked to speak to a supervisor to discuss the claim, was transferred to a voicemail and left messages on 3 different occasions with no answer. Called again, asked to speak to a supervisor again, and was told I couldn't that there was no need to and was hung up on. Called again, stating that as a policy holder I was entitled to speak to a supervisor, and they finally transferred me.

Tried talking to the supervisor but was told that despite the service center and manufacturer's reports they weren't covering the repairs, and if I wanted to I could talk to the service center again, and call the company back. Called the service center again, got details again on the repairs and parts needed. Called the company again to give the info from the service center, and was asked why I was calling since they have already settled this claim. Explained that I had spoken to a supervisor and this was what I was told to do. Asked to get transferred to a supervisor, get transferred to voice mail again! Called back, hung up on!

Called Fiat, and asked them to speak to the company to explain the necessary parts and repairs. Fiat graciously did, and again a refusal to cover the repairs. So... 2 weeks and 2 days later my car is still sitting at the service center and no repairs have even been started. What a waste of $1200 spent on this useless warranty. Save your money folks - First Extended Service is just plain awful!!!

Original review: April 23, 2016

I own a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I took it into the shop and was told the master cylinder, power booster, and front two wheel bearing hubs needed to be replace. My luck was that all the parts were covered under my warranty. After looking at the reviews I was prepared for an uphill fight to get my work completed. To my surprise it went smoother than expected. The dealer Autonation submitted all the proper paperwork for me. Made time for the inspector to look at the repairs needed. The inspector was fairly quick in looking at the vehicle, and submitting the information for review. First Extended Service quickly approved the repair with only the cost of wheel hubs as a sticking point.

So after the wheel hubs were ordered and arrived I was put in a rental while repairs were made. Luckily the dealer was able to include it on the claim so I was not out of pocket for the rental. Every time I called the agents were very helpful. So after it was all said and done 7 days from start to finish I was back on the road in my vehicle. Longest wait was for parts to come in. In total 1900 worth of work cost me 180 after charges for fluids, taxes on rental, and deductible.

I understand my experience is not shared by many on here, but I was never rude to the agents. I didn't scream into the phone about what they needed to do. I honestly believe that because I was more than 40 miles from the dealer I bought it from made the biggest difference. If I would have gone through my original dealer and his network of mechanics more issues would have come up. So I got lucky in my experience, treated the customer service agents with a little respect and got my repair done quickly and under budget. I'm hoping I don't need to do this again, but I won't have my guard up as much as when I first started the process.

First Extended Service Corporation Company Information