Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

First Extended Service Corporation

First Extended Service Corporation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

First Extended Service offers four auto warranty plans with coverage ranging from basic powertrain to exclusionary. First Extended Service has warranties offering up to 12 years or 200,000 miles of coverage. You can receive coverage in all 50 U.S. states and Canada. First Extended Service auto warranties are transferable.

BOTTOM LINE

First Extended Service has four plans with customizable term lengths. Consumer reviews are critical of the company’s claims process and customer service, but positive reviews argue the warranties are worth it.

PROS

• Available in every state and Canada
    • Long coverage options
    • Transferable plans

CONS

• Owner must cover maintenance

Top First Extended Service Corporation Reviews

In 2011, a fan blade broke. Took to dealer and warranty covered, no problem. Four days ago (2014), needed tire rod and sensors … when I spoke with a rep, he was patient, courteous and professional. I give all thanks to God for taking care of my car.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

What is First Extended Service?

First Extended Service is a car warranty company with four different vehicle service contract options. If your car has to undergo a repair for a component covered by your warranty, First Extended Service pays for the repair, minus a deductible. Typical deductibles range from $50 to $100.

First Extended Service cost

First Extended Service has no prices listed online. However, the average car warranty in the U.S. costs from $350 to $750 a year, so if you get a quote from First Extended Service, you can use this number as a benchmark. Compare First Extended Service’s Powertrain plan costs to the lower end of this average range and its Comprehensive plan costs to the higher end.

First Extended Service plans

First Extended Service has four car warranty plans. Certain details of the plans are customizable — you have some choice over the plan’s length of coverage and the deductible. The most basic plan is called Powertrain, while the Comprehensive plan offers the most coverage.

Powertrain plan
      The Powertrain plan offers First Extended Service’s most basic coverage. It covers:
      • Special hybrid/electric vehicle components
      • Engine
      • Transmission
      • Front-wheel drive
      • Rear-wheel drive
      Base plan
      The Base plan is a step up in coverage. It includes everything in the Powertrain plan plus:
      • Steering
      • Front and rear suspension
      • Brakes
      • Seals and gaskets
      • Electrical
      • Air conditioning
      High-tech plan
      The High-tech plan is the company’s second-most comprehensive plan. It covers everything in the Base plan plus:
      • Specific high-tech items, such as anti-lock brake systems and power seat motors
      • Miscellaneous items like heated back glass, radiator, radiator fan and fuel tank
      Comprehensive plan
      True to its name, the Comprehensive plan covers the most components of any First Extended Service car warranty. In addition to everything in the High-Tech plan, the Comprehensive plan covers:
      • Convenience items like cigarette lighters, auxiliary power points and glove box lamps
      • Entertainment systems
      • Safety and security systems
      • Additional miscellaneous items, such as outside mirror remote adjuster

First Extended Service coverage

To maintain coverage under First Extended Service, you must perform routine maintenance as outlined in the contract. This includes recurring tasks that First Extended Service isn’t responsible for, such as oil changes.

For repairs covered by your plan, it's fine if the dealer that sold you the vehicle cannot fix the problem. Your program administrator can make a payment to another car repair facility.

Some car warranty companies limit the number of covered repairs or how many claims can be made. With First Extended Service, there isn’t a limit. Every plan with First Extended Service is transferable, and it offers coverage in all 50 U.S. states and Canada.

First Extended Service benefits

First Extended Service car warranties come with benefits in addition to coverage for car part breakdowns. These benefits include:

• Rental reimbursement: If your car is in the shop and you need a rental, you can receive up to $35 a day for five days maximum.
      • Roadside assistance: Service is available for towing, flat tires, lockouts and dead batteries. You can also get roadside water, fluid, oil and fuel delivery. The company pays up to $100 for covered emergencies.
      • Travel interruption reimbursement: If a road trip is interrupted due to vehicle breakdown and you pay for unexpected food and lodging, First Extended Service can help. It provides up to $200 per day for five days to cover expenses. This only applies if you are 100 miles or more from home.

First Extended Service FAQ

What does First Extended Service cover?
      First Extended Service coverage varies based on which of the four plans you choose. The most basic Powertrain plan covers just the engine, transmission, front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive system and special hybrid and electric vehicle components. The Comprehensive plan covers just about everything besides what car insurance covers.
      Where is First Extended Service available?
      First Extended Service has coverage across all 50 U.S. states and Canada.
      Can I transfer ownership of my First Extended Service car warranty?
      Yes. If you sell your vehicle, you can transfer the warranty to a new owner so it stays with the same car.

Do we recommend First Extended Service?

First Extended Service offers four tiers of coverage to fit the needs of vehicle owners, but consumer reviews mention trouble getting First Extended Service to cover claims. This gives us pause in recommending them. It’s best to compare rates from several car warranty companies and find one with more positive consumer reviews, especially regarding the claims process.

First Extended Service Corporation Reviews

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I would give them 0 stars if possible. First Extended is the name of the company the service advisor at the Chrysler dealership and I have been dealing with today. I purchased a First Extended warranty at the time of the purchase of my vehicle. First Extended is supposed to cover the motor mounts on my vehicle, but are refusing to do so. Their excuse is that it is part of the powertrain. According to Chrysler the motor mounts are not part of the powertrain. The woman I spoke to in claims first answered the phone calling me Jessica (not my name) and then started laughing. When I explained to her that the service manager had said that he was told by the company that they would not cover motor mounts, she said that they should be covered, and she didn't see where it would be different in the contract. Then after talking to her supervisor, she told me that they were not covered because they are under the powertrain warranty with Chrysler.

I explained that the service manager stated that motor mounts are not part of the powertrain (which she originally agreed with). She began talking over me, and when I asked her not to talk over me, she began to yell at me. Then she hung up on me. This company has many complaints against it. When I checked on them at ConsumerAffairs.com I found that many people have experienced similar, if not worse problems with this company. I plan to call an attorney and a local consumer reporter so that no one else has to go through this. The service advisor is going to send a detailed report to them to explain how the motor mounts are not part of the powertrain. I will see what happens.

I have a phone call to the original car dealership where I purchased the vehicle to see if he can get anywhere with them and to hopefully stop selling their warranty. I actually paid $2,800 dollars to be treated in this manner! I looked up how much an extended warranty should cost and I paid way too much! Stay far away from this company! I am going to tell everyone I know who is thinking about buying a vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

CLAIM: Intentionally malicious bad faith conduct of the warranty company, supported by extensive evidence of failure to honor the contract by the warranty company. On 9/14/19 the car vision dealership advertised the contract with First Extended Corp expressly stating that the company will replace the parts in the "new" or "like" condition upon its discretion. The law requires that when contract contains a discretionary provision the warranty must act in good faith. Here, there is conclusive evidence of bad faith of the warranty company.

Between 9/14/19 and 11/11/19 car vision dealership and First Extended Corp failed to activate the contract making the customer unable to submit any claims. This was done with the purpose so that if the customer submits the claim it will be rejected because no prior authorization received. On 11/11/19 CarVision dealership acting on behalf of First Extended Corp admitted its wrongful act and activated the contract. It further admitted the reason why it chose to deal with first extended corp is because of the kickbacks it receives from them and that is the reason why the carvision dealership didn't offer any other warranty contracts to chose from.

On 11/13/19 a claim was submitted for the steering rack's failure requiring replacement by the Audi dealership in Mechanicsburg PA. On 11/13/19 First Extended Corp notified the customer that it will be willing to cover only 1350$ price of the 2200 for the steering rack. To which the customer explained, that direct interpretation of the contract states that the part "may be new or like condition."

Further, it is direct language of the contract that the replacement with the new part is a possibility. However, acting maliciously with intent to deprive the customer of his contractual benefit, the warranty company failed to honor the contract by choosing to proceed with the junkyard remanufactured replacement. Essentially it stated if your steering rack broke at 22k miles, we gonna get you another one that will serve another 22k miles so it will be of "the like quality"

On 11/16/19 after hearing a complaint from the customer, the warranty company acting in bad faith and with proven malicious intent with extensive screenshots and other evidence only covered the labor costs and refused to cover 1350$ that it previously agreed to after the customer complained about the fact that the new part replacement is directly written in the contract.

Evidence of malicious intent and bad faith:

- Warranty company failed to activate the contract leading the customer to the position that he paid for non-existent services between September and November 2019. This is proven and documented. The warranty company was receiving payments for the contract it had not activated. Selling non-existent service is illegal. It was non-existent because if the customer would have submitted a claim it would have been rejected because the record did not contain information about the customer because it was intentionally not activated.

- Warranty company failed to honor the requirement that whenever the contract states that exercise of the option whether to proceed with a new part or the used part as a replacement - it must act in good faith. The contract states "new part" or "like quality". It is proven that the warranty company never intended to replace it with the new part and it was only a marketing strategy to advertise replacement with "new" parts where in fact evidence shows it never intended to use those new parts.

- Warranty company falsely advertised that the new part replacement was ever a possibility and falsely advertised that possibility where in fact it never intended to replace with the new part, because after hearing the complaint from the customer on 11/15/19 it simply chose to cover only labor costs but not the part itself.

- After hearing the customer's complaint on 11/15/19 the warranty company retaliated against the customer by declining to cover the cost of the part, which it previously told the Audi dealership it will cover in the price of 1350. This is conclusive evidence of breach of contract and malicious business practices on the part of the warranty company.

- During the conversation the company's representative indicated that he has recognized that the customer is in a protected under the civil rights act category. This determination was made on the record and was also considered in deciding to retaliate against the customer because of his immediately audient accent and nation origin.

Given the conclusive evidence of the breach of contract, I am requesting that all of my damages are compensated and the First Extended Corp's license to practice business is temporarily suspended until the office of the Attorney General consumer affairs conducts a full range investigation into the fraudulent and malicious practices defrauding innocent and law abiding customers.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Zero Stars is more adequate!! Do not buy a warranty from these people. They will do anything and everything to not cover your repair. Save your money and pay for the repairs yourself and save yourself the headache. We will definitely not buy or refer this company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

If I could have given a negative star, I would have. I have been pending to have my transmission replaced for 2 weeks. Each time I call, I receive the claim is with the underwriter. I elevated the situation to a manager name Lisa which said, she would call and never did. I recommend to never do business with this organization.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We are a certified repair facility, and know what to expect with this process. I have worked with several after market warranty companies, and this one is very simple and straightforward. Easy to navigate, great customer service, quick turn around time. I would recommend this company to my customer. Overall good company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Extended Service?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have the perfect storm this year. We are work camping in our Tiffin open road and the fridge cooling unit died, the water heater is leaking, and two gas line nuts cracked and our leaking. So we cannot use our gas or fridge. After several phone calls to this company and being told that everything was covered, we finally got an RV repair to put in a claim. Mind you we are living in this RV and can't just drive somewhere and drop it off. So, I contact the RV Repair man several times who tells me that there was something wrong with the claim. I call back 1st Extended and am told that the claim was never entered. So we tried again. After waiting several more weeks and hearing nothing, I finally heard from the repairman saying he was waiting for approval for the fridge and they will not cover the gas lines because we probably over tightened the b nuts.

We have never touched them since we bought this unit. So I called back to see what was going on and the person on the phone for First Extended said that no one ever put the request in for approval. She said she would check on it and get back with me. Still waiting. Worse thing I ever did was purchase this stupid warranty. I was told by Bankston RV in Madison AL that it was a mandatory purchase in order to buy the RV. Sounds like a nice racket to me! Now that I see the reviews on this company, I feel sick to my stomach! How is this allowed to continue?

Susan

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Purchased the extended warranty when we purchased our new Subaru from Reno Lithia Subaru. Needed to use the extended warranty last month, we live 140 miles from the nearest Lithia dealership, called First Extended Service Corporation and explained this to them and was told, "no problem take it to any dealership and we will cover the repair." Took a day off work, drove to the Subaru dealership and was told the warranty would not be covered. They informed me I had to take another day off work, travel another 280 miles round trip and have the repair done at a Lithia dealership. I lost more money than the repair would cost taking one day off work and cannot afford to take another day off work and lose more money. But they said that was my only choice even though on the extended warranty card they said if I live over 40 miles away from the dealership where I purchased the vehicle they would cover the repair. A complete JOKE. Bob **

Original review: July 10, 2019

If there were negative stars I would do it. This warranty company is a joke. When I purchased for my son a 2006 Nissan Truck extended cab 4x4 with off-road package in 2/2018 with approximately 77,000 miles from Big Red Sports/Imports in Norman, OK (another joke), I financed $2600 for an extended warranty, with no deductible. My son has been without his truck for over a month, this warranty company is paying zero and I am going to have to pay personally $1500 for the repairs needed. This is part of what Stillwater Automotive sent to First Extended Service Corporation.

"Suspension System Concern. Concern? = The Rear axle has shifted 2in. to the rear. Check and Advise. Conditions? = ***After checking on the rear end we found that the pin that lines the axle up and holds it in place on the leaf spring has completely rusted in two. Letting the rear axle slide backwards, also the lowest leaf in the spring has fallen out at some point. The U-bolts at the rear leaf spring are also ruined due to the axle moving. In order to fix the issues we will need to replace at least the Right Rear Leaf Spring. It is possible that both rear springs will need to be replaced due to the truck having a lift kit. The hard part is knowing what size lift kit the truck has on it in order to order the correct springs. The truck is NOT drivable at this time due to the spring and rear axle issues." And First Extended Service Corporation only pays $55 per hour for labor which is also pathetic!!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought an extended warranty when I bought my leased GMC Terrain outright. The dealership Colonial Buick GMC of Watertown, MA said I had to buy the warranty or I could not buy the truck. I recently had a transmission problem. The dealership I bought the car from was out of business. I called the warranty company and they said I had to take it to another dealership in my area. I did and of course the dealership said they called the warranty company and it was not covered.

I paid over 800 dollars to to have the transmission lines replaced. Truck only has 60,000 miles on it. It benefits both the dealership and the warranty company to say it's not covered. The warranty company isn't going to pay the rate they charged me to fix the problem. Then the dealership said it needed all this other work for another 1800 dollars. I had them do the lines and got it out of there as fast as possible. I think the dealerships are in cahoots with the warranty company. Would love to know if there are any class action suits out there.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Bought a 3 year/36,000 mile extended warranty during the purchase of my 2013 Buick Enclave. I started having problems with the transmission shortly after the factory warranty expired. Took the vehicle to a Buick dealer for repairs who called into First Extended Service for repair authorization which was quickly denied. It has now been months of calling to include our lawyer calling and they are masters of giving the runaround and will never return your calls. We have yet to talk to anyone at this company who can actually make a decision. I can tell by the reviews, this company has been robbing people for a long time.

First Extended Service Corporation Company Information