Diamond Warranty Corp

Pittston, PA

Compare Extended Auto Warranty Companies

Research top Extended Auto Warranty Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently had an air conditioning issue and was also told my alternator was going. I took to Mercedes-Benz of Chantilly not knowing I would have to pay almost a 50.00 per hour difference. I called my adjuster and she advised I have options. I was told to relocate to a fleet accounted shop they work with and the rate was only 75.00 instead of 150.00. I think when I purchased my warranty I assumed the only thing out of my pocket was my deductible. I am happy I called my adjuster who explained the ins and outs of my contract. My car was fixed and I am a happy customer. Thank you ladies at Diamond Warranty.

I bought a Lexus Is250 about 1 month ago, and purchase an extended warranty from Diamond Warranty Corp. However, in less than a month I started to have problem with my AC which wasn't working properly. So, I decided to return it to the dealer where I bought the car. Well, they diagnosed the problem and said it will be about a 12 to 13 hrs job which meant that I will need a car in order to go to work. Nevertheless, they proceed to called Diamond Warranty for an approval. After waiting for a whole entire day. I got a call from the dealer and they said it was approved, but the car rental is not. Initially, I was very upset because I would have to come out of my pocket to get a vehicle for work.

So, I decided to call Diamond Warranty to explain my case and complaint and to understand why they were giving me such a hard time (to vent). That's when I had the opportunity to spoke with the manager - Brian, who took the time to explains the situation and the dealer breakdown expense which makes sense. In other words it was the dealer that was cheating me out of getting a rental by overcharging (charging twice for one job) and pushing the extra on me to pay. So, I conclude by asking Brian if there was a reliable and reputable company/shop that he could referred to me, he replied, ANY PEP BOYS. I took it to the nearest PEP BOYS after spoken to Brian. They diagnose the car again... it got approval again, but the difference was that Brian the warranty manager, took it on himself to spoke to the supervisor at Pep Boys who was acting inappropriate, that the Job was approve and he should go ahead with the job.

Brian was very courteous and even followed up after the job to ensure that I was satisfied with the job done. However, when I picked up the car the AC was not blowing it full potential in spite of changing Compressor... Condenser... Valves, etc. I spoke to the mechanic in Pep Boys and he said he did everything he can do, but it was not blowing cold and strong enough... He suggested that probably the Blow Motor is bad. Again, I call Brian and it was covered and approved. The job was done once again and I left a satisfied customer. In addition, to a courtesy call from the manager Brian... Though I had some hiccups along the way, so far, MY EXPERIENCE with DIAMOND WARRANTY CORP had been very GOOD!!

I recently purchased a 2009 BMW. I never expected to have issues the first few months of purchase. I never had a warranty so I did not know what to expect, calling in and reaching a girl Brie at ext ** who helped me step by step in getting my repairs done. Great Job! Thanks for the great customer service! I had some follow up questions and got Joe who transferred me to Gale who put me in the right direction. After everything said and done, I was looking for payment and Connor got me to a girl named Nicole and everything was done. That simple!

I called about my 08 ford explorer I was connected with Connor. He was very helpful and informative. He informed me of the steps necessary to get my claim started. I then went to my local shop. My shop called looking to start on my upper left control arm. This time we spoke to Gale who went over the whole process and took care of everything. I had to call a few days later for a question about my warranty status. Bree picked up this time and she very politely answered any questions I had. I've been through so many warranty companies and Diamond Warranty was the most professional and excellent service I've ever had. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for excellent service.

As a General Manager of a small business, I am presented many products that I can make available to my customers, and I was fortunate enough to meet the people from Diamond Warranty Corp about five years ago. In a business that has as many warranty options as there are dealers, it's nice having one that does what they say they will do. I have had experience with approximately 30 different service contract providers in my time in the auto business and have had good and bad experiences and I would recommend Diamond Warranty to any dealer looking for a company that does what they say and backs what they sell.

Denise, the contact from Diamond is extremely helpful, very prompt, having answered emails from me as late as 9 at night, even when I wasn't expecting a response until the next day. It's nice knowing that you have one person to contact and that Denise is that person. She is a true asset to her company and she goes out of her way to assist with any issue if and when they arrive, because as well as ours and their program works, there is sometimes something that falls just outside of the norm, so to speak. But with Denise, and with Diamond Warranty backing her, I have had a wonderful five years of experience with them and look forward to a continuing relationship well into the future. All I can say about Diamond Warranty is, Good job, Keep up the good work!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Warranty Corp?

I called Diamond Warranty on behalf of a customer with a 2006 ford f series 6.0 diesel that needs head gaskets. After a lengthy hold, I spoke with Brian who denied the claim before he even knew what is was. He said he didn't like my attitude and said he reserves the right to deny claims based on that. I looked the company up on several consumer protection/complaint sites and they are like a virus. I have been in the same location for 30 years and have very few (maybe 3) issues with customer satisfaction in that time. I chalk those few up to the fact that there will always be some folks you can't please no matter what. I welcome them to call and make good and if so will retract, but for now they are as everyone reports: N.G.

Diamond Warranty is a bad risk company that is taking consumers’ good faith money that was given in expectation of warranty service that is not being provided by Diamond Warranty. I took my truck to one of Diamond Warranty recommended auto service shops for transmission diagnostics and we’re told diagnostics was negative and nothing is wrong with truck after keeping truck for a week. Pick my truck up from auto service shop. While driving home my truck began shaking badly, low pressure, timing out of sync, loud exhaust noise and the feeling of truck about to shut off. I call the auto service shop, explained my problem and was told to bring truck back, they will take a look at it. Being upset that my truck was in perfect running condition I did not go back to auto shop. Took my truck to a personal auto service shop and was told that timing had been tampered with and original engine parts had been replaced.

I called Diamond Warranty with quote to repair my truck. Diamond Warranty wanted engine broken down at my expense of $75 an hour at 10-15 hours of break down time. Diamond company rep will be dispatched to examine engine problem. I decided to terminate my Diamond Warranty with Diamond and was told that truck has to be repossessed or a total loss to get a cancellation refund. If I knew then what I know now about Diamond Warranty company I would have never purchased a auto warranty with this company. They are a rip off company.

The Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Agency should investigate all the complaints and negative reviews written against Diamond Warranty. A refund of the warranty cost should be awarded to the complainers about the misleading practices Diamond Warranty is initiating on the warranty policyholders. A honest consumer do not have their vehicle repossessed or have a accident to get a warranty refund when unsatisfied with Diamond Warranty. My personal opinion, this is not a auto warranty company I would recommend warranty seekers facilitate.

We had our car taken into the mechanics to have it evaluated. They have been waiting for a response from this company. My husband finally got John on the line and was treated disrespectfully, being interrupted and talked down to. He then spoke with the manager Brian who HUNG UP ON HIM. They just don't want to pay for the necessary repairs. Now they won't answer their phones. We just got took for $1600. For a warranty that covers nothing. Now the mechanic won't release our car. WE ARE COMPLETELY SCREWED!!!

I had bought my car from a 3rd party certified dealer that recommended I get Diamond Warranty, and of course, after buying a used Mercedes Benz, I did not hesitate to buy the extended warranty. After 10 days of owning the car, something went wrong with the engine. Immediately, I took it to a shop to get it looked at. They contacted Diamond Warranty, and everything was covered from the ground up (according to the plan I chose). The people working at Diamond Warranty were all very nice and understanding! I had spoken to John and Gale. Both took me step by step as far as what I had to do, and how to proceed.

Everything was done in a timely manner. Gale had also informed me that my plan has a tow-service available in case my car wouldn't make the drive to the shop. She gave me the number, case number, and everything I needed without me even asking. I was worried about getting 3rd party warranty, but I am VERY happy with this company, and it makes me feel more at ease in case something else does go wrong later on down the road. 10/10!

I have no idea how a company like this even exist. They will take your money and run. Do not be reassured to buy from them for any reason. They will find a way to screw you. I am looking into a class action lawsuit against them now. I purchased a warranty through a used dealership with them. It has been nothing but a headache and hassle dealing with them. They will find a way to find you at fault. They break the contract severely. I am taking legal action against this company. They have screwed the wrong person this time. After fighting claims with them they just sent me a letter saying my warranty does not exist because I did not pay for it. Bull crap. I have multiple receipts and agreements where I paid the money. Save your money and better yet save your time and buy from someone who DOES NOT use this third party warranty crap.

We started using Diamond Warranty and wrote our first warranty in September 2015. We have placed a 3 month free warranty on all cars sold since signing up with them. We had our first claim this week for a little over $1000. Diamond Warranty claims it is pre-existing. The claims adjuster went to the body shop to look at the car, took 2 pictures, and left. He never examined anything but stated it is pre-existing. We will never use this company again. And we just cancelled 8 contracts from the past 2 weeks. We would have been a good customer.

Filed a claim with Diamond Warranty which I found out the owners were fired from another warranty company, Guardian Warranty, which says a lot. Even though the car was only 4 years old and had less than 40,000 miles on it they said that it was preexisting and that they would not cover it. I wish the government could get involved with companies that are clearly scamming people out of their money.

I have purchased 3 warranties with this company. I have for the first time had to put in for a claim. This is worst service I have ever received from any company. I have contacted them every step of the way to make sure I was following all the rules only to now be told those rules are now being changed. I now am being told I will have to pay more than you do to get my car back, plus I now have to pay for a rental even though you told me I would be covered. It has been 12 days since I first contacted them. When I called today, to try and get some answers as to when I can get my car taken care of, I got hung up on by your manager on duty. What kind of service is this?

I had bought a 2006 F350 6.0 diesel engine and the Diamond Elite Plus Coverage on the same day. The first time that I had ever had the truck towed I was informed that they do not tow 1 ton trucks. My head gasket went out on my vehicle and had to go into the shop. To fix the head gasket on one of these trucks the body has to be removed. There is two other was either take a sledge and beat the firewall in or cut the firewall out of the truck. Either way, you at the least ruin the value of the truck. After my mechanic tore the truck apart and the inspector finally come out to take pictures, which I am not allowed to have copies of; this is their property not mine. I had to go get a loan for the parts of almost 6500.00. Diamond informed me that I am going to be reimbursed for 500.00 in parts and my mechanic will only be paid 1700.00. They informed him he only would get 1643.00.

The reason that this is all that they would pay is because (sup said he was a diesel mechanic and owned his own shop for forty years) that first off that my mechanic was trying to cheat me on the parts. That cab should have never been removed, and anything that wasn't bad and was taken apart wouldn't be replaced. That includes any and all gaskets if they were not bad before removed then they should have used to but it back together. The parts that are suppose to be covered eg. radiator was never authorized to be replaced even though it was on the estimate.

They also want only used oem or equivalent parts used never stated in my contract. They only pay for 50.00 for fluids. Between Oil, antifreeze, AC and transmission fluid you are looking at over 200.00. Their answer to that is they are not paying to maintain my vehicle. The Ford Dealer did not have anything nice to say about them and if I would have brought my vehicle there and tried to use that insurance I would have been told go some place else and do not come back without real insurance. Also after looking at my estimate they said that it was about right for parts but my mechanic was being cheated because they were not allowing enough hours and pay. Average Nationwide rate is 125.00 and they will only pay 63.00. Anyone that is interested in a class action lawsuit feel free to contact me.

UPDATED ON 09/24/2015: I have been refused to be given any paperwork on what they are actually paying for and the paperwork from the inspector. I was inform that I didn't need the paperwork and that was their paperwork and not mine. They will only allow $500 for parts. They will not fix certain things that had to be rebuilt or replaced (EGR, Turbo etc).

Mr. Bryan (supervisor at Diamond) informed me that the Radiator, Power Steering Pump, wiring harness would not be covered because they were not in the initial estimate. He informed me that he owned his own shop for 40 years and repaired Diesel trucks. He said that the cab did not have to come off the frame to repair the heads and gasket. He is correct on that in some respects there are two other methods used A. cut the fire wall out and then weld it back in place or B. they beat the fire wall back into the cab in order to get enough space to remove the last 3 head bolts. I did not like either of these options, ruins the value of the truck.

He also informed me that my mechanic lied about the cost of the parts and what was needed. Said that the Dealerships and mechanic shops always do this to get more money. I had already done my research and what Brian said had to be replaced was correct and the prices were all close to what I had found. Also said that they only pay for used, or remanufactured parts and only equivalent to OEM parts. There is nothing in the contract about this. They will not pay for anything that was not broke before it was taken apart eg. The thermostat was not faulty so there is no problem using the gasket when putting the motor back together. Since the AC was working before the body was removed which they did not authorize because in their opinion did not need to be done when there were two other ways to do this.

The things that were not covered by the contract had to be fixed or the truck would have ended in the shop again. They use AutoZone for their pricing. I have been on a lot of Ford forum sites and every one of them has said the same thing - do not use dealership parts to do the head job or use steel bolts for the heads the reason being that the design is bad. They only used 10 bolts per side and there is too much pressure for the bolts to take. My truck does not even have 100,000 miles on it yet and diesel engine should be able to go 300,000 before the engine is even broke in. My mechanic has been doing a lot of 6.0 ford trucks and they all basically have the same issues. The two women that were working on my case are Gail @ extension ** and Brie ** @ ext. **. Her email address is **.

Last note - I went to the Ford dealership and talked to them about the work that is being done. Other than they didn't allow enough hours for the work or pay the national pay scale for the labor they felt the bill for the parts was correct. They also informed me that Diamond is one of the warranty companies that they will not do work for. They also do not have anything nice to say about them. I had also contacted the attorney general which they were not able to help other than some correspondence with them which Diamond skirted the issue on them plus informed them that Bri did not work there anymore.

I signed the work order and faxed it in. My mechanic called to talk to them, was put on hold, hung up on repeatedly. Had his attorney call them and they called him back and informed him that they did not have the proper paperwork from him and that they didn't even have the estimate that he had supposedly sent in. I called on 23 Sept 2015 and was informed that his check and my check had been sent out, also found out that Bri still works there. Out of $6370.00 Loan to fix my vehicle they are only going to pay me 500 and some dollars and my mechanic $1200 and some if we actually receive the checks.

My car started having mechanical issues so I took it to the dealership hoping to get it fixed under the warranty. But they denied my coverage because the dealership didn't meet the labor or part rate for the car. I ended up paying out of my own pockets to get this car fixed and running again. I don't recommend Diamond Warranty Corp to anyone.

I purchased my 2005 BMW X5 in October 2013 along with the Diamond Warranty. January 2014, I started have problems, the brake light & engine light both went go on at the same time. Needed to replace - the brake lines broke, engine leaking oil, water pump all the hoses, both fans (AC & Heater), sunroof (which cost me $350 to just be able to keep it closed or $1200 to replace it). Now the electronic cluster is broken, which my mechanic just told me $1200 to fix!!! ALL OF THESE REPAIRS WERE NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY! Also, I had to rent cars every time the car was being repaired, which was not covered either! They is the biggest scam I have ever seen. These people should be arrested and put in jail.

I have never in my life dealt with more dishonest people. I purchased a warranty through this company just as anyone else would to keep a safety net. A month after purchasing the vehicle, I started having problems. I took the vehicle to my mechanic and he fixed the problem. I paid out of pocket because it was not covered under warranty. (Go figure) About 10 months later it started up again. I took to my mechanic and he told me that he could not accurately diagnose the problem and to continue to drive, hoping the problem would show a code or present more evidence. The vehicle then broke down and we put back in the shop.

Diamond Warranty Corp's stance is that they are not responsible for the repair. They say, "due to maintenance failure was the result of the breakdown". This is all said before my mechanic has even taken anything apart. My mechanic believes it's an oil pump. The vehicle only has 50,000 miles on it. That is not maintenance. They will not cover you. This owner should be arrested just as if he stole from someone. They are crooks and thieves. There isn't much worse in the world. I am a patriot and I would never treat my own fellow Americans that way.

Twice I've dealt with this trash of a company. The first time was when I needed to replace my A/C compressor. They basically would only replace it for the estimated cost of after-market parts based on their cost in Pittsburgh (where their office is located), not the cost of the part here in DC. The cost that they said they would cover essentially would have covered the cost of purchasing a compressor from a scrapyard. Basically, I footed the cost of the bill (after having to call 7 or 8 times from the mechanic, because they must have only 3 or 4 people in the whole office to deal with customer service).

When I realized my car was a lemon of a used car and was more trouble than it was worth, I traded it in 10 months after purchasing it. Having paid for 2 years of coverage on the extended warranty through Diamond Warranty Corp (specifically, the "Diamond Security Plus Coverage" package), I thought that I might be eligible for a refund on the remaining mileage or period of time on the 2-year/30,000 mile package.

Silly me! I wish I'd read the fine print of my contract under "General Provisions", which read, "Vehicle must be a total loss or repossession to validate a cancellation." Yes, that means that only if your car gets taken back because you can't afford it or it gets totaled can you get a refund on your warranty coverage. This place is a scam. Given their shady business practices and wordy, extensive (and specific) contract, you will get screwed by them. I cannot recommend highly enough that you AVOID THIS COMPANY.

This is the worst company ever. First of all, people on the phone was very rude and useless. They were not able to answer to none of my questions saying that the dealer is the person who is in charge of my questions. Then when they realized I was angry, they told everything I needed to know, that was terrible btw. I bought a used car. After 2 weeks I had some engine problems and so I had to sell it back. I called Diamond Warranty and they said that I will not be reimbursed at all, unless my car was stolen or repossessed and that anyway they don't take care of this business, while the dealer has to face these kind of problems. So $600 wasted. I really would like to do something for this, as a lawsuit action. Please feel free to contact me if interested! Thanks.

This has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service is horrendous. I called for roadside assistance and was told my account was canceled when it wasn’t. Then they didn't want to reimburse me for the towing fees I paid out of pocket. Once I said I also needed repairs to my truck I got a run around and no one wanted to do repairs to the truck once they heard about the warranty I had. I still haven’t resolved any issues with them and I’m still out of a vehicle because they refuse to pay.

After purchasing warranty from Chantilly Virginia dealer and having vehicle for 95 days the engine went out. Was told by mechanic it was negligence on the previous owner's part. Diamond refuse to honor the warranty, so I have been without a vehicle since. They are a money grabbing company that I want to hold accountable. They need to be brought up on with a class action lawsuit. If interested don't hesitate to contact me.

I purchased the warranty when I bought my vehicle. 38 days in my engine blows. They say I kept driving it after I knew something was wrong. I heard a ticking noise, slowed down to listen and within 3 seconds the engine was gone. I never had a chance to keep driving it. They are just shysters looking to take without paying. They did nothing but steal my money.

Despite admitting the covered repair and accepting 0(zero) deductibility and car rental, all verbal now offering 50% of the cost of repairs. The customer being without his transportation for over a week has to resort to give the most ugly review. Seems like cancellation of their license may help the consumer.

Bought Warranty on 1/23/14 From Two Guys Auto on Carbon Ln in Wilkes-Barre. Bad Dealer, don't buy from him... Not sure if he sent the paperwork in. The Diamond says everything is in order... but after 2 weeks of phone promises, I still have nothing. Since its been over 30 days... I'm suing to get my money back. Someone stole it. Diamond Warranty is a fly by night Company.

When the engine went in my truck, there are visible and obvious signs that the motor is gone BUT the fraud criminal company says it needs to be extracted, disassembled so that the rep from Diamond could determine what parts they will cover or if they will cover anything at all. The vehicle owner is responsible for all costs of this procedure which in turn costs as much as replacing the engine. 99% of the time, they will find user fault and will leave you stuck! Your mechanic will have no professional opinion on what needs to be done. When the rep is there, he will leave the property with you away from your mechanic. This corrupt company manages to stay just outside of criminal persecution. Spread the word!

I contacted Diamond Warranty regarding my issue with my BMW. Turns out I had a crank case vent valve along with the corresponding hoses go bad. They said the engine was covered but this part and labor wasn't. They said that because it wasn't part of engine lubricated part it was maintenance. I told him it was part of engine and that it is an 6-8 hr labor repair plus parts. So now I am out $1000.

I purchased a $2000 Warranty that was supposed to have excellent coverage with only $100 deductible on repairs. Six months later I have a lifter stick and require repairs. 10 days of back and forth between my shop and Diamond and I am finally driving my truck again. Also I am out of pocket $2000 for the repair. There were some maintenance items that I should have been responsible for, but when one Lifter sticks GM recommends all be replaced, if the Manufacture prescribes a repair the warranty should cover it. I wish I had never wasted my money on their "protection". I would be out of pocket less and had my truck back the next day. Do not buy a warranty from this company.

Seems like every time I ask about a part being covered under their warranty it never is. I spent $2000 on the warranty and haven't got to ever use it because nothing's ever covered. I could spend that $2000 on something better.

My family and I are currently stranded, in Pa. The Diamond--emergency road service claims that my 2 year policy, purchased in October 2012, was cancelled--how, did this happened? I was advised to contact their emergency number. No one picked up my call... Bad business, and practices. Unethical people...

I bought a 03 Dodge Durango and had the warranty service from Diamond Warranty Corp. in Pittston, Pa. The truck needed front wheel bearings, a tie rod end and the brake lines were always wet (but there was no active leak) and were very rusted. I brought the vehicle in for service at one of their "approved" garages to have the work done since these were all listed as warranty work. First someone from Diamond wanted to come out and see the work that had to be done. This took several days, then after a call I was told that someone would be at the garage "first thing in the morning." He did not show up till after 11am. He looked at the work needed then said he would get back to the mechanic.

Next day the mechanic was told that they would only fix one bearing and a tie rod end, not the brake lines. Also, they only want to use the cheapest parts available. Why not use OEM parts like the ones on the vehicle? If I get into an accident because of cheap parts or because the brake lines failed I will be holding Diamond Warranty Corp. fully responsible for all expenses, damages and medical costs. They try to get out of any responsibility to honor THEIR warranty. They will only authorize the use of cheap parts and their customer service is a joke. NO ONE NEEDS THIS TYPE OF WARRANTY FROM THIS TYPE OF COMPANY. BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!! They are there to take your money and produce as little as possible.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Diamond Warranty focuses on providing maintenance protection at affordable prices for pre-owned cars, sport utility vehicles and trucks nationwide. They offer a wide variety of plans to accommodate the needs of any vehicle owner who would like to protect themselves from the high cost of major mechanical breakdowns for items such as the engine, transmission, drive axle, timing belt, water pump, fuel pump and more. The goal is to help consumers protect their investments at a price point that works with almost any budget.

• Super extended warranties: Most warranties only offer coverage for up to 100,000 miles after the end of the original manufacturer’s warranty. Diamond offers coverage for 15 years or up to 175,000 miles for select makes and models.
  • Added resale value: Warranties are transferable if the vehicle is sold during the contract period.
  • You choose the garage: Instead of working with a network of service providers, Diamond lets the policy holder choose the shop and arranges payment directly with the repair company.
  • Limited availability: These warranties are only offered through a dealership, with no direct sales to the public.
  • Best for Busy families, high-mileage drivers and used car owners.

Compare Extended Warranties - Cars and Trucks