4.5/5 (116 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer seat. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
    • No robocalls ever
    • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
    • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
    • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

Top olive Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. I...

Verified

We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maint...

What is olive?

olive offers auto warranty solutions in the form of vehicle service contracts and mechanical breakdown insurance. olive covers cars traveling in the U.S. or Canada, but the vehicle must be registered in the United States. Personalized plan options ensure drivers only pay for what they need. Unlike some of its competitors, olive has no waiting period and does not require any vehicle inspections.

How does olive work?

olive gives you complete control when it comes to receiving quotes and purchasing plans. The company’s online quote tool is available 24/7, allowing customers to buy online at any time. If you prefer to call them, their coverage advocates can help secure coverage.

olive has three plans and three deductibles to choose from, giving you nine options to purchase. Once you select a plan, the rate is locked in and will not change for a three-year term, and you can cancel anytime. When a repair is needed, take your vehicle to an ASE-certified center of your choice and call to file a claim. You’ll pay your deductible and any non-covered items, and olive pays for the rest.

olive prices

olive’s pricing varies based on the year, make, model, mileage and location of the vehicle. An average olive plan ranges between $25 and $80 each month. When selecting the olive plan that’s best for you, consider your deductible options. olive offers a choice of three plans and three deductibles. Always read the terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions based on each plan.

Olive FAQ

Where is olive available?
    Your car must be registered in the U.S. to receive a plan from olive, but the company covers cars that travel in the U.S. and Canada.
    Does olive cover used cars?
    Yes, olive covers used cars and requires no auto inspection.
    Is olive’s coverage transferable?
    Yes, olive’s coverage plans are transferable and can be canceled at any time.
    Does olive let you customize its plans?
    Yes, olive you can customize your coverage plan to meet the needs of your vehicle. You can also choose your deductible amount (options range from $100 to $500).

Is olive good?

olive strives to provide customers with a positive experience. It’s committed to not “nickel-and-diming” its customers and provides multiple plans to choose from. olive makes things convenient for customers by not requiring a vehicle inspection or waiting period when you sign up, and it lets you take your vehicle to any ASE-verified location instead of forcing you to choose from mechanics in a network.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I had an extended warranty that was horrible with my vehicle. It was the Warranty from Hell company. At the time, we took my mother's car in and we found out her warranty had expired. Immediately, I went in to find the extended warranty we could get because her car needs to last her a long time. Plus, I wanted to make sure I found her a warranty before she had any pre-existing conditions. Olive was one of the ones that I contacted. They sounded way too good to be true. The monthly amount alone for the coverage that my mom gets is awesome. We have the full coverage for her car. They don't beat around the bush, they're straightforward and they don't do this whole, “You need to wait a certain amount of mileage and on top of that, a certain amount of months."

During the purchase, the gentleman let me talk and ask every single question in the book that one can possibly think of, and even let me sit there and be very skeptical of it. He had no problem with answering and providing any and all information even if it was the stupidest information that I was asking. He was very patient with me and very helpful. 100%, we recommend Olive to everybody. When they talk about extended warranties, Olive is the first name that comes out of our mouths.

A month after we got the coverage, my mom's front axle went bad. There was no hesitation. There was a question about certain parts that weren't covered. It was frustrating, but it wasn't Olive’s fault. Due to an oil leakage in the front of the engine that we weren't aware of, we weren't told. Because we had the oil changed at Christian Brothers, and they tried to get a lot of work and money out of us.

It was about a month and a half before we got the extended warranty when we had the oil change. So, when they were telling us that there was a certain part in the engine that was totally gone, and it was leaking oil for a while underneath the car, we were pretty upset. We were like, “No, that's a new oil leak. We just got it changed.” We were kind of a little frustrated but Olive didn't lose their cool. They explained and made me understand how they were able to know and how it was proof that it was indeed an oil that's been there for a while. The auto shop that we went to wasn't very good at what they were paid to do.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had bought a new car about two months ago, and they had an extended warranty on the car. They were telling me, which I regret, that if I were to cancel it, my car loan would go down like 40 bucks a month. The guy was also saying, “Oh, you don't really need it because you got a brand new car.” So, I listened to him, being naive, and I cancelled it. As soon as my mom found out, she said, “No, you don't do that. Anything can happen at any time with a brand new car.” I didn't realize that because I had a brand new Chevy about five years back. I had it a week and the whole engine went out. I regretted it as soon as I did it because my car loan didn't even go down. They just gave $2,000 to the finance company. So, I need to put something on because I don't know what's gonna happen. As soon as I got olive, not even like seven days, my alternator went out. It was crazy but my factory warranty is paying for it. So, I have a rental right now.

I did the setup online, but I had to call olive because I didn't get an email. I had to confirm everything was correct, and the gentleman that I did speak to was very helpful. He sent me an email right away. I also spoke to somebody when my battery died and I was trying to figure out what was going on with my car. I did speak to a gentleman and he was the reason why my car is being fixed right now. He said, “Well, we would love to help you and fix your vehicle but, you're under a factory warranty for five years. I don't know why they didn't tell you that because you have a brand new car, you have a factory warranty.” He was the reason why I went over to the Hyundai dealership and got it fixed. He was very helpful.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars, Meeka. Welcome to the olive family. We are very happy we can help you have peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. There was a little bit of confusion but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

There weren't a lot of options. There were three levels and I sought the best program. However, it was a lot more than I thought it was gonna be. I didn't have to get the full coverage but I'm kind of a full coverage kind of gal. I don't want to have to sweat the small things and manage in spite. Even my health insurance, I have a good plan so I don't have to spend hours on the phone trying to decode what's covered and what's not. I don't like doing that ‘cause it's very time consuming.

Olive didn't quite explain to me how the claims work if I ever were to have one. I was waiting to get that whole booklet for me to go through it but they didn't send me the whole program of what it covers. We talked about it over the phone and the rep described some of the features it covers but it's a lot different when someone's telling you in your ear. I don't remember all the details.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars, Korina. Remember that those 3 options for coverage also allow 3 different deductible options. If you feel like the monthly payment is a bit higher than you are comfortable with, raising your deductible can be a great way to get the coverage you want while keeping your monthly payment low. Since you are a "full coverage kind of gal" the low deductible comprehensive coverage sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. With our cancel anytime monthly payment program we want to work hard every month to earn your business, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer advocates over the phone if you have any questions or did not receive your coverage details (sometimes those things go to spam) and we will make sure you get everything you need in writing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My vehicle doesn't have an extended warranty policy and it's a newer vehicle. With electronics and everything else, I didn't wanna get stuck with paying for something. I looked into extended warranties. About a month ago when I first started looking for a truck, I filled out a quote. Olive called me shortly thereafter to try to get me to purchase an extended warranty through them. I wasn’t ready because I didn't purchase the truck yet. They were very nice and just told me to give them a call. When I got my new truck, I went back to their website and did everything through there. They immediately sent me all the information that I needed as far as the warranty contract and everything else. It was really easy and straightforward.

Their rep was great and was easy to talk to. It didn't seem like it was a call center from another country. That sometimes kinda gets irritating because you cannot understand and they may not understand your questions. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Olive has good and affordable coverage that is painless to set up. I generally do my research and it says that Olive is credited through the Better Business Bureau so I trust that. I hope that everything is the way it comes up to be. It seems like Olive is a trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and detailed assessment Joshua-and welcome to the olive family. We couldn't have put it any better ourselves. We are glad we can be here for you when you need us, and in giving you peace of mind from expensive auto repairs. You are correct our customer advocates are no pressure direct employees of olive living in the US. We are also one of the few BBB A+ rated companies in our industry. We will work hard to earn your business every month! Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: June 3, 2021

The sign-up process with Olive was not too hard at all. If I had questions, I was able to reach out to someone and have my questions answered.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Anything can happen with a car and dealer warranties are totally different from extended warranties. So if there's something my dealership is not going to cover, I'm hoping that olive will cover and it'll be less stressful on my pocket. When I signed up with them, their reps explained everything very well and were straight to the point.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Olive's customer service was pretty good. They got us on it really fast and they're really nice. Even when I said I was gonna go look at something else, they were still understanding.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Getting the contract with Olive was fine and easy. Also, the cost was good.

Original review: June 1, 2021

They asked questions like what kind of coverage I needed so I would be able to get the right coverage and a price that's reasonable. That is always convenient. Also, I liked that they're month-to-month.

Original review: June 1, 2021

The enrollment was very quick. There weren't a whole lot of ins and outs that I had to go through. I picked what I wanted and I like what the plan has to offer.

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up online and it was pretty simple. Also, they seem to have everything we need.

Original review: May 31, 2021

The website explained the coverage fine. Then, there was some sort of a follow-up call afterward from a real person so there was an opportunity to ask questions.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: May 30, 2021

My vehicle has been in the shop for a week or so now and they still can't get a hold of anyone at Olive. My mechanic hasn't heard anything and he called them and they're not propelling their business or something. I would tell others not to get Olive.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The customer service that I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with Olive's product. The price and their term also seemed to be more favorable than anybody else. I compared total of four companies and Olive's coverage, price, and terms were the best. That was really nice because with the vehicle I drive, it would be expensive to fix.

There was a hiccup during my purchase. Olive's online platform is very good. It's just, somehow, we ended up with a hitch in the giddy-up with somebody else's weird marketing and I kept getting redirected to some site of somebody with a similar domain name. With that issue, I called Olive directly and they said I just had to go online and they would take care of it right then. Bing bang boom, they got it taken care of.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive has the best price and service combined.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Olive was the company that responded the best and the fastest to me. The customer service was very pleasant. Things weren't written and the person I spoke with actually acted like she was living and was really professional versus, "What else? Any other questions? Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure." I asked a lot of questions and she never seemed to be annoyed. Aside from being knowledgeable, she was also professional and friendly. We have CarShield on another vehicle and they sent us a very nice book detailing everything. I wish I could have received something like that from Olive.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Olive seemed like they were reasonable and they had a lot of good reviews. They also had great prices for the different premiums and the lady that signed me up was really nice. She was helpful and seemed like she knew what she was talking about.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased a car warranty with a company that was pretty much a scam and I needed to get a different carrier. I did a little research and Olive is licensed through the California insurance commissioner's office. That was one of the primary reasons why I decided to go with them. They also had pretty good reviews. I spoke with a representative, who was very knowledgeable. He shared a lot of information with me and that helped in my decision. I asked some questions and within the following three days after conducting my due diligence, I decided to go with Olive.

The one thing that could use a little attention was when I obtained my quote online and even after I purchased the service, I continued to get solicitation advertising emails from Olive saying, "Don't forget that your quote is waiting." But I already purchased from them. That became a pain in the butt and made me feel sorry that I ever got the quote online. I ended up having to unsubscribe from Olive because they would send two emails a day and it was probably all done by robot. Unfortunately, the human interface is being phased out.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I was looking at ratings and of the top five, olive was rated slightly higher than all the others. They were common names to me and olive wasn’t. I also did a lot of reviews and in the end, I chose to go with olive. Their signup process seemed to be straightforward and it didn't take long. We bought the plan that covers almost everything and we still haven't received a lot of the paperwork. So, if they’ve sent us anything, unfortunately, it may have gone through Memphis and Memphis has been bad about getting mail. It might take us a month to get anything from them. But we know we have the coverage and we can go online to it. We also called them the other day about the payment and the man was very nice. We wanted to know that the direct draft was set up for making the payment and he explained how it was.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I chose the top one warranty that would fit my car in terms of mileage. Olive was the best one of the five choices I had and I did all things online. I called one time to verify the fact that I could cancel anytime as I've got 101,000 on the car and I'll probably sell it before 150. Customer service said it was not a problem and when I spoke with them, they were very friendly. I really like the warranty I have.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Olive had the highest rating and when I signed up with them, it was very easy. The hardest part was getting the little app up and going, myOlive. That was a little bit challenging but they walked me through the app after I got it. Other than that, everything was really smooth.

Original review: May 26, 2021

At first, the experience when signing up was a little bit edgy. But eventually, I received a call from Barbara who was supervisor. She was able to get me through the system and through the whole situation with no problem. Hopefully, it's a good outfit because if I ever do need it, I hope they're there for me. Having this type of extended warranty is similar to having a spare tire. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Original review: May 25, 2021

My car is still under warranty from the manufacturer, so I'm still good, but I took Olive as a precaution for the longer run. I'm let down though. The rep told me that they have some dealers, but I don't see any Audi dealers in the list. Why would he tell me they have two dealers, which I already gave the information I have an Audi? He should have just told me that they do not have an Audi dealer. I checked both in Texas and in New York, and all I see are just the local auto dealers. Apart from that, the rep explained the coverage good and I already told few people about them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Olive sounded like it was good company. It was different in that it had a shorter term so the price was lower and that was somewhat appealing to me. The person I talked to, Rachel, was very cordial and real helpful. I’ve talked to a couple people but she was the main one that helped me. It was a good experience and I'm hoping that when I call for a claim at some point that I can get the same treatment. The companies I dealt with in the past with either auto or home warranties, the moment you have a claim, that's when you find out what's going on. It's so difficult sometimes to get answers or get somebody to respond to you or call you back. That's when the disclosures come out and they tell you, "We don't cover that." I'm hoping that that's not the case with Olive. That's why I was doing the research to find out but so far, so good.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Having coverage is valuable, ‘cause anything could happen. I wanted something that would cover the big majority stuff on my vehicle. When I purchased an Olive policy, I started online, and then I got a call. The rep was good. Things were explained to me too, but since I've never done anything like it, it was confusing. Other than that, so far, so good.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I thought Olive was the better company and the guy that I spoke to on the phone was pretty knowledgeable and seemed really nice. The sales experience was great.

Original review: May 23, 2021

The protection specialist answered any questions that I had at the time and left the door open for me to call back and ask him anything else if I needed to. I've purchased extended warranties before and this experience is better. I felt like I was getting more for my money this time around. But during the process, the site was a little glitchy when I was trying to get a quote. Then, when I started the process, the agent called me back and he said I didn't put in the mileage, but it was the site at the time that wasn't allowing me to. But that's the only thing. Other than that, I recommend the app.

Original review: May 23, 2021

I did have a negative experience with Olive. It sounded good when I first signed up. They advertise that when you buy their extended warranty, you're covered the next day. I bought my extended warranty on the day I purchased my vehicle. It's a BMW. When stuff started going wrong with the car, they said, "Your coverage is too new. We're not going to cover that." Right after I gave all of $400, I ended up spending about $1,500 at the BMW dealership getting a few things on the car. One of them was a battery which wasn't covered by Olive. I don't even know if I want to call them in the future because I don't know if they're going to think that it's something pre-existing. I kind of feel screwed over a little bit, but it happens when it comes to this type of stuff.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Olive has good coverage for a decent price. It was an easy purchase basing off talking with a representative too and not just going through the online process.

olive Company Information