Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer seat. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period.

olive Video

BOTTOM LINE

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

PROS

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

CONS

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Top olive Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

What is olive?

olive offers auto warranty solutions in the form of vehicle service contracts and mechanical breakdown insurance. olive covers cars traveling in the U.S. or Canada, but the vehicle must be registered in the United States. Personalized plan options ensure drivers only pay for what they need. Unlike some of its competitors, olive has no waiting period and does not require any vehicle inspections.

How does olive work?

olive gives you complete control when it comes to receiving quotes and purchasing plans. The company’s online quote tool is available 24/7, allowing customers to buy online at any time. If you prefer to call them, their coverage advocates can help secure coverage.

olive has three plans and three deductibles to choose from, giving you nine options to purchase. Once you select a plan, the rate is locked in and will not change for a three-year term, and you can cancel anytime. When a repair is needed, take your vehicle to an ASE-certified center of your choice and call to file a claim. You’ll pay your deductible and any non-covered items, and olive pays for the rest.

olive prices

olive’s pricing varies based on the year, make, model, mileage and location of the vehicle. An average olive plan ranges between $25 and $80 each month. When selecting the olive plan that’s best for you, consider your deductible options. olive offers a choice of three plans and three deductibles. Always read the terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions based on each plan.

Olive FAQ

Where is olive available?
Your car must be registered in the U.S. to receive a plan from olive, but the company covers cars that travel in the U.S. and Canada.
Does olive cover used cars?
Yes, olive covers used cars and requires no auto inspection.
Is olive’s coverage transferable?
Yes, olive’s coverage plans are transferable and can be canceled at any time.
Does olive let you customize its plans?
Yes, olive you can customize your coverage plan to meet the needs of your vehicle. You can also choose your deductible amount (options range from $100 to $500).

Is olive good?

olive strives to provide customers with a positive experience. It’s committed to not “nickel-and-diming” its customers and provides multiple plans to choose from. olive makes things convenient for customers by not requiring a vehicle inspection or waiting period when you sign up, and it lets you take your vehicle to any ASE-verified location instead of forcing you to choose from mechanics in a network.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had bought a new car about two months ago, and they had an extended warranty on the car. They were telling me, which I regret, that if I were to cancel it, my car loan would go down like 40 bucks a month. The guy was also saying, “Oh, you don't really need it because you got a brand new car.” So, I listened to him, being naive, and I cancelled it. As soon as my mom found out, she said, “No, you don't do that. Anything can happen at any time with a brand new car.” I didn't realize that because I had a brand new Chevy about five years back. I had it a week and the whole engine went out. I regretted it as soon as I did it because my car loan didn't even go down. They just gave $2,000 to the finance company. So, I need to put something on because I don't know what's gonna happen. As soon as I got olive, not even like seven days, my alternator went out. It was crazy but my factory warranty is paying for it. So, I have a rental right now.

I did the setup online, but I had to call olive because I didn't get an email. I had to confirm everything was correct, and the gentleman that I did speak to was very helpful. He sent me an email right away. I also spoke to somebody when my battery died and I was trying to figure out what was going on with my car. I did speak to a gentleman and he was the reason why my car is being fixed right now. He said, “Well, we would love to help you and fix your vehicle but, you're under a factory warranty for five years. I don't know why they didn't tell you that because you have a brand new car, you have a factory warranty.” He was the reason why I went over to the Hyundai dealership and got it fixed. He was very helpful.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars, Meeka. Welcome to the olive family. We are very happy we can help you have peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

A guy had told me that I could benefit from Olive ‘cause of the year of my car and what the warranty offers. I was looking for a warranty for oil changes and brake services. He said, “That's not what they do. They do mostly the electronic parts.” I being a single woman, I thought that it would be feasible for me to get it. The rep was very good. He said, “Take a day and think about it. There's no pressure here. Review it and see if it's something you wanna do. If it's not, you don't even have to call back until I call back.” I asked him if I could use it on a windshield wipers. He said, “No. The motor.” It's all to do with the use of the car and mine's been sitting for four years. If it falls apart, Olive is like a security hand for me. It's a peace of mind especially if you're a senior or a single woman. That's the best gift Olive could offer to us. I've already told all of my clients about them.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating and the kind words Evelyn. We are so glad we can provide you with peace of mind against those complicated and expensive auto repairs. Glad your car falls into our 10 years old or less and under 140,000 category so we could help! We got you covered for up to 185,000 miles on your vehicle over the next 3 years. Please continue to reach out to us with any questions or any of your needs.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The coverage on my Infinity 260 was getting close. Plus we were paying a boatload of money for it. When I talked to the lady in regards to what the coverage was and cost, it made it affordable for me to do that. She was by far one of the best customer service representatives that I've ever talked to. Since I'm in the customer service type business, it was important that she treated me with the utmost respect and was very knowledgeable of what the coverage was.

I talked to a few people over at Olive when I couldn't get hold of my salesperson, and they were extremely helpful and more than willing to help out. I'm in the sales side of the business and I know that most companies will grade you on the amount of services they sell. The guys that answered the phone prior to that had a lot of respect for the other person that sold us the business and they didn't try to poach the business for themselves.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Richard. Adding on olive's Mechanical Breakdown Coverage (in California or a Vehicle Service Contract (IN the rest of the US) as your factory vehicle warranty expires is the perfect way to make sure your vehicle is covered against unexpected, expensive repairs. Our easy monthly payments, no waiting period and 9 different program options that you can cancel or upgrade anytime is how we set olive apart from the other options out there. On top of that we are usually the best value for the dollar.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. It was a little bit of confusion there but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

There weren't a lot of options. There were three levels and I sought the best program. However, it was a lot more than I thought it was gonna be. I didn't have to get the full coverage but I'm kind of a full coverage kind of gal. I don't want to have to sweat the small things and manage in spite. Even my health insurance, I have a good plan so I don't have to spend hours on the phone trying to decode what's covered and what's not. I don't like doing that ‘cause it's very time consuming.

Olive didn't quite explain to me how the claims work if I ever were to have one. I was waiting to get that whole booklet for me to go through it but they didn't send me the whole program of what it covers. We talked about it over the phone and the rep described some of the features it covers but it's a lot different when someone's telling you in your ear. I don't remember all the details.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars, Korina. Remember that those 3 options for coverage also allow 3 different deductible options. If you feel like the monthly payment is a bit higher than you are comfortable with, raising your deductible can be a great way to get the coverage you want while keeping your monthly payment low. Since you are a "full coverage kind of gal" the low deductible comprehensive coverage sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. With our cancel anytime monthly payment program we want to work hard every month to earn your business, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer advocates over the phone if you have any questions or did not receive your coverage details (sometimes those things go to spam) and we will make sure you get everything you need in writing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

The factory warranty of my wife’s Explorer had run out. If I did it again through the dealership, I’d have to go out of pocket 3,500 bucks. With Olive, I'd make monthly payments of 126 bucks for a $250 deductible, which works out better. I emailed one of the reps and he responded to all of it. He was good and didn't try to oversell me, and I decided to go with them. 11 days after I got the policy, my wife was helping her mom move from Parkers Prairie, Minnesota down into the cities and I smelled coolant. I brought it to the dealership and it's still getting repaired. Everybody to this point has been great. They’ve gone above and beyond. I am signing my daughter up on it too because it’s very cost-effective for what you get.

olive response

Thank you for the kind words and the Five Star review Marc. We are so glad we could be there for your family when you were in need. We strive to make this process as simple, transparent and straightforward as possible so you can get the coverage you need for peace of mind against expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

My vehicle is a little bit pricey so that's why I choose to go with the third-party extended warranty. I went with Olive for their price. I paid it online and it was simple and easy for me to purchase. I highly recommend them.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Star rating Junghwa. It's our goal to be affordable and convenient, while providing stellar customer service. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

It's a little clunky trying to use Olive's interface. It doesn't let you remove old cars and it doesn't let you get quotes super easily to see how much warranty will be on a bunch of different car options. But the experience of purchasing the protection plan was pretty good. Overall, I'd recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Having an auto warranty is very important to me. My original warranty expired and I was hearing about Olive on the radio. They're advertising it a lot. I signed up with them. I used their service not too long ago and it was pretty easy. I called them and their rep asked what the problem was. He knew what he was doing. When I told him the issue was my windshield and not the wipers, he said that was my water motor or washer motor. He said to find a place and they would take care of it. I had no issues and I didn’t have the struggle to get my car fixed. Even the guy at the shop said I had a good warranty because Olive took care of the claim right away. A lot of places would question it.

olive response

That is what we are here for Gerardo-to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating and for sharing your experience with everyone. Hopefully you noticed that while we called you, we did not hassle you or "robocall" you. Our no pressure customer advocates are available for you to speak to any time, and of course you can get a quote, customize coverage, checkout and service your plan 100% online if you prefer. Thank you again for joining the olive family.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Olive Auto Warranty is more like a policy instead of a contract. We were trying to stay away from those contracts and we've been hearing some bad things about other contractors. We tried to purchase Olive online, and then we had some other questions. The gentleman called us and said he'd send us a quote in email. Everything was a smooth process compared to others. Also, the phone call I had with that representative was pretty much down to the point and no going around the bush. It was a fast and easy transaction. Olive a dependable and trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and what a great point you made, Jesus. We agree it's the easiest way to get your vehicle covered with mechanical breakdown insurance in California (often referred to as an "extended car warranty"). You didn't have to pay down payment-just your normal monthly payment guaranteed not to go up for 3 years, you can cancel any time-and we will never robocall you! We hope we continue to earn your business every month with continued peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need to file a claim or have questions. Welcome to olive!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I’m gonna cancel my Olive policy. It looks like they are not covering so-called pre-existing issues. When I took my car into Audi, they scanned the computer and it looks like it had a couple issues that Olive did not cover. If they're not gonna cover my issues, I'm not gonna pay them.

olive response

You are correct, Vincent, we do not cover pre-existing conditions-no extended warranty solution does. However, you are also not stuck paying for our coverage if you ever become dissatisfied because you can cancel anytime. If you had bought a plan and paid thousands up front you would have been out a pretty penny only to find out your vehicle's issue was not covered. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about your coverage. We can usually help you get a discount on services that are not covered. Rest assured that if you continue with olive we will still cover anything that is not pre-existing. Our customer advocates are very clear and provide documentation on everything that is covered, and since you have a 30 day free cancellation even for the first month's payment you are at no risk-we give you time to comb through the details so you can feel confident about your purchase.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

The warranty is up on the car and it's better for me to look for something that can cover me. I looked at CarShield and I saw that they do not cover vehicles in California which was a surprise to me. I searched companies that did cover in California and Olive was one of them. I spoke to someone to first verify that they indeed cover California cars. The rep was quite pleasant, knowledgeable, knew what was going on, and was able to respond to my inquiries with pertinent information. After talking with them, I felt a little more at ease so I went ahead and bit the bullet. From that point forward, I used the online experience to take care of the things that I needed.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 stars Clifton. You are absolutely correct, we do provide Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) in California, and what are called Vehicle Service Contracts (VSC) in the rest of the US (Washington and Florida coming soon). People often refer to these as extended vehicle warranties, but technically they are called MBIs and VSCs. Thank You for joining the olive family. While you can do everything online, we also have our own team of US based customer advocates you can speak with on the phone. Please do not hesitate to reach out online or over the phone anytime you need to file a claim or need questions answered.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I didn't have an extended warranty on my car and it's still in its mile range. I figured what better time than to get an extended warranty on it in case something happens in the future. I had a good experience talking to Jerry and prior to getting the extended warranty, he went over things with me. As far as customer service, he wasn't telling me I needed to buy this and that versus all these other companies who like to push you into it. He was upfront with me and that's what caught my attention to want to get it. It was a very good price so I thought why not? We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maintenance that I have to come out my pocket but as far as anything else, I am happy.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating, Loretta, and welcome to olive! We are so glad we can help you have peace of mind from expensive repairs. As you know, while you can quote, choose, pay and service your coverage 100% online, we have an excellent team of Customer Advocates based right here in the US that can help you with any questions you have. With our easy monthly payments, no waiting period coverage and cancel anytime policy we make it easy for you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I bought a car and chose not to get the warranty there. I heard good things and read Olive's reviews, and it seemed like a good idea. Signing up was an easy process.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Brian and welcome to olive. We have all been there - feeling like you have to make a decision at the dealership without having an opportunity to research your options is not great. Glad you held off and got the better solution for your needs. Unlike most of those programs, with olive you can cancel anytime, and our 100% online service backed by our no pressure customer advocates is how we try to provide a no pressure "extended car warranty" solution for your peace of mind. (Technically called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) or Vehicle Service Contracts (VSC) in the rest of the US)

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

My car is not that old so it's probably worth salvageable if anything happens to it. I wouldn't just throw the car away or get rid of it or sell it. I'm actually intending on keeping it. So having an auto warranty was a good idea. It wasn't hard to get one from Olive. Signing up went pretty cool. I inquired online and then somebody called me back and then we completed the process on the phone. I got a smog testing the other day. Then they said that there was a recall and that I gotta take it to Nissan. Other than that, they said that it was a good car. So I was really happy to hear that. Their reps were very nice. They helped me out, they told me all the stuff and that they were there if I needed anything.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Olive gave me a quote real quick. I didn't have to fill out a bunch of information. It was easy to sign up versus the other people who were kind of in-depth and they wanted to kind of be reaching out to you. Olive gave me the information automatically which is why I signed up. It was a pretty decent experience and it's cheap for what I got that’s why I got it. So far, so good.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars and the kind words Mason. We agree, when you are looking for an extended car warranty solution you should not have to put up with instant robocalls and pushy salespeople! With olive you can get a customizable quote with 9 options and sign up for our easy monthly payments all online, and if you want to call someone you have the support of our no pressure customer advocates. You get a quote good for 30 days so you don't have make a decision right away either. olive is there for you when you need! So happy we can provide you with peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I did extensive research and it was like you needed insurance for your insurance almost with the other companies. But Olive was stellar. I started reading it to my girlfriend and she felt it was what she needed. Everybody spoke good about Olive. However, we recently had a problem with them. A month before last, my girlfriend noticed that they haven't pulled the payment out of her account yet. She had an email from Olive that there was a problem. It turned out that it was some type of a glitch with their system. The payment was then made. But for the next payment, she noticed that there was nothing coming out.

We were at Home Depot making a purchase and then she got this email that said that her policy has been cancelled. She panicked. She's kind of OCD about her car breaking down. She could have a brand new car and she would be afraid that it's gonna break down. So we got this policy to eliminate that. But this just brought everything back.

She called and talked to them. During this time, she had fraud detected on her account. So she had a new debit card and gave it to them. They pulled the last payment off of that debit card. So it was in the system without a doubt. But somehow they've been trying to pull the payment off of the old debit card, and it wasn’t going to happen. Her payment was $36 a month but then they wanted a payment of $56. She asked about this and they said it was what it's going to be now because she basically reapplied. But this wasn't her fault. She went to great lengths to make sure something like this didn't happen. She has that account just for payments.

We were going back and forth with this guy. We authorized him to make $56 payment but I asked we could get it disputed. But 10 minutes after we got off the phone with the guy, he hit her account for $104. So we called and got ahold of somebody. He said he was sorry but he was almost like laughing about it. He said he refunded the money. But then they tried to pull another 56 bucks out. It was not there because the money takes a while to get back on the account. Then they said she was not covered. But she had done nothing. I don't know what went wrong in this guy's head.

One thing that they said was that their screen would not allow them to go back to her old policy. The rep said the problem was that he charged for both policies, the old one and the new one. But with the previous rep, he said that he couldn't do this. The whole time, we wanted to talk to a manager but we never did. Someone was supposed to call. This whole thing went on for four hours until we threw our hands up.

At one point, someone offered a reduced deductible for $10 a month more than what my girlfriend was paying. But it's a 250 deductible instead of a 500. We said we would take it but it went out the window. We thought we were talking to supervisor. But we realized later that we weren't. It took two days before they finally resolved it and now she pays $46. Everybody I talked to was really nice. But end of the day, they caused us a lot of problems.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My car is still in good shape. But the warranty on it ran out. Olive Auto Warranty was pretty good and there weren't that many companies in California that covered Californians so I went with them. I purchased their protection plan over the internet but I lost the information. So I called and the guy helped me over the phone. He was knowledgeable. It was good customer service.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Dino, and welcome to the olive family! Glad you were able to get your coverage 100% online, and that we could be there for you when you need assistance. We are one of the only solutions in California and nationwide that provides you with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

*What are often called "extended car warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I wanted to get more auto warranty coverage. I called Olive and talked to somebody. They were great.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars and the kind words Kelly. Very glad we could help you get peace of mind from expensive auto repairs with our extended car warranty solution (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance). Our no pressure customer advocates are here for you anytime you need a question answered, or you can quote, purchase and service your plan 100% online.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Olive Auto Warranty had good rates and a few good reviews. Their representative told me everything about their coverage and they did it pretty well. It was easy to sign up with them. There were about 1,000 miles before I'd get covered. They should have immediate coverage. Other than that, I was satisfied with the experience. It is very valuable to have warranty protection for your car.

olive response

Thank you for the 3 stars and your kind words. I think there could be a misunderstanding in your favor, because while most of our competitors have a 30 day/1,000 mile waiting period, we have no waiting period. When you sign up with us you are covered the very next morning at 12am. Combined with easy monthly payments and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people. Please reach out to us right away if you have an issue with your car-no need to wait 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

When something was wrong with my car, I had put it in a shop. A lady called me and told me my warranty expired which I thought I had five years. She told me that the miles on it exceeded and I had to get something else. I was browsing through and Olive looked like the cheapest car warranty that I was going through for the quote. That really made me go ahead and proceed. A rep reached out to me and went over all the details. He explained everything and which coverage was gonna be best for me.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars Miracle. You are correct, you have to watch that mileage when it comes to car warranty solutions. If you have less than 140,000 miles with us, you can start with olive and get covered up to 185,000 miles- over 3 years-that's 15,000/year and you could even drive 44,999 miles in the first year and still be covered! And if you started with only 80,000 miles, you would be to go over 100,000 miles over 3 years before your coverage ran out. Even we think that is pretty impressive and have not heard of anyone else offering that level of service. Combined with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime policy we think we are the best extended car warranty solution* for many people.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I already had a warranty but I had issues with it so I was looking for another one. Olive was recommended to me by someone else so I looked into it. The price seemed really good but they changed the price on me once I paid for it. It was a 50% increase in the premium. The excuse I was given was that the true mileage of the car was different to what I had put in when I initially requested the quote and that difference was 3,000 miles. That was ridiculous. I do think it was a bait and switch and I'm not real happy about that. But I'm still keeping the policy because it seems like they've got pretty good ratings with the Better Business Bureau. Also, they've got an A-plus insurance company behind them so it seems like a fairly safe bet for me. The warranty I had turned out to be a scam and I hope Olive proves to be more than that.

olive response

Thank you for the feedback Keith. You are correct, Keith, since we base our prices off of make, model, age and mileage of the car getting that mileage correct can be very important. If your mileage change moved you into another bracket the price would go up. Glad we could still provide a good value for you with no up front deposit, easy monthly payments you can cancel anytime. We want to continue to earn your business every month so please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have any questions.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I purchased a new vehicle and needed a warranty on it. I called Olive because I had several questions. Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. If I need to call, I can call. Olive is a good coverage. From what I see so far, it's very affordable. The team that I talked to was very informative and they do a great job.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star review, Delbert. We aim to please and are so glad you chose olive's easy monthly payment program (which you can cancel anytime) to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Often referred to as an "extended car warranty", our mechanical breakdown insurance covers California drivers, and our vehicle service contracts for the rest of the US. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us whenever you have questions, need assistance filing claim, or need some tips on how to save money on your regular maintenance. We have you covered across the US and Canada, so enjoy your road trips!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I have always had warranties of one sort or another. I look for value received and found Olive on the internet. The cost factor was about half that of their competitors and they gave me a good reason to believe that they were well in compliance with California law. The signup was seamless. I was contacted and we completed the transaction on the telephone and online. There was a little bit of confusion at the onset of my research. I wasn't able to connect for certain numbers that were disconnected. But when I was contacted by the young lady that completed the application, I was satisfied with all the explanations.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Don, and welcome to olive. Glad we could help you with peace of mind from expensive auto repairs, and while we offer a 100% online solution from quote, plan customization to purchase and service, we do have no pressure customer advocates you can call anytime. Glad you were able to find the olive solution with easy monthly payments, no waiting period and a cancel anytime "extended auto warranty"* solution.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My vehicle doesn't have an extended warranty policy and it's a newer vehicle. With electronics and everything else, I didn't wanna get stuck with paying for something. I looked into extended warranties. About a month ago when I first started looking for a truck, I filled out a quote. Olive called me shortly thereafter to try to get me to purchase an extended warranty through them. I wasn’t ready because I didn't purchase the truck yet. They were very nice and just told me to give them a call. When I got my new truck, I went back to their website and did everything through there. They immediately sent me all the information that I needed as far as the warranty contract and everything else. It was really easy and straightforward.

Their rep was great and was easy to talk to. It didn't seem like it was a call center from another country. That sometimes kinda gets irritating because you cannot understand and they may not understand your questions. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Olive has good and affordable coverage that is painless to set up. I generally do my research and it says that Olive is credited through the Better Business Bureau so I trust that. I hope that everything is the way it comes up to be. It seems like Olive is a trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and detailed assessment Joshua-and welcome to the olive family. We couldn't have put it any better ourselves. We are glad we can be here for you when you need us, and in giving you peace of mind from expensive auto repairs. You are correct our customer advocates are no pressure direct employees of olive living in the US. We are also one of the few BBB A+ rated companies in our industry. We will work hard to earn your business every month! Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I found Olive on the internet and talked with somebody for about 30 minutes. Signing up was good.

olive response

Thank you for the Five Stars Donna. We do our best to give you 9 different options for customizing your plan, with 100% online purchase option or our no pressure customer advocates available on the phone we will be here for you if and when you need to.

*What are often called "extended auto warranties" is technically Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I recently crossed over 100,000 miles on my car and it's running really good. I really like it. I wasn't in the mindset to get a new car so I wanted to get some warranty coverage on it just in case. I heard a radio advertisement for CarShield so I went to their website. When you use their website, it will direct you to your best fit warranty program. It directed me to Olive. They sent me the quotes and I signed up with them not even a week ago. I got one call from Olive after they had emailed me the quote to tell me they emailed me and to look it over. If I had any questions, I was to call them. But I didn't really have any questions. They gave me everything I wanted in the email. I basically did it all online. The process seemed to be pretty smooth.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Star rating Gary. You are correct-we are one of the few companies that provide what are often called "extended car warranties"* in California. Glad we are here to give you peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. We are glad to be here if and when you need us!

*Technically called Mechanical breakdown Insurance in California (MBI) and a Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) in the rest of the US.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I looked into a couple other companies but it seemed like Olive at least offered to go with the higher miles and that was the deciding factor. They seemed like they knew what they were talking about. I asked is there any limit that they won't repair up to a point. They said they won't pay more than the car is worth which is kind of the generic answer I’ve experienced from many insurance companies.

They are friendly and kind on the phone but the only thing is when I went on to purchase it, I got a confirmation that I purchased it but no emails came. There wasn't a way to log on to the website. I didn't really know I had it. I didn't know my policy number. I looked at my bank account and it hadn’t charged it yet. I tried to refresh all of the pages but it would just take me back into doing a quote. I had a check mark over my car so I assumed that means I got it. After 4 or 5 days, I got an automated call from someone saying everything was okay then I got a welcome email shortly after that.

olive response

Thank you for your feedback, Keegan. We are so glad you joined the olive family and that we could provide peace of mind against expensive auto repairs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly via phone or online any time you have any questions about your coverage.

olive Company Information