4.6/5 (197 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About olive

olive is a consumer-informed mechanical breakdown coverage provider that seeks to offer a high-quality product at the right time in a transparent manner. Plan holders can cancel at any time or transfer the plan to a new buyer without a transfer fee. olive’s customers are in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing options and plan choices, and all rates are locked in for three years. Once you choose your deductible and coverage level, coverage begins the next day with no waiting period. olive is the official auto mechanical breakdown coverage partner of the NHL.

Pros

• Quote and buy online 24/7
  • No robocalls ever
  • No waiting period or inspection

Cons

• Preexisting conditions not covered
  • Vehicle must be 10 years or newer
  • Doesn’t cover some performance cars

Bottom Line

olive provides multiple solutions to cover your vehicle. olive has three plan levels with three deductibles available to purchase 100% online or over the phone. Your vehicle must meet age and mileage restrictions.

Top olive Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Their rep was very knowledgeable and he was able to answer the questions that I needed answered very clearly. With the extended warranty, I have a whole lot of security driving. I...

Verified

We all need extended warranties on our vehicles especially with this pandemic going on. I highly recommend Olive. The coverage did meet my needs. It's understandable for the maint...

What is olive?

olive offers auto warranty solutions in the form of vehicle service contracts and mechanical breakdown insurance. olive covers cars traveling in the U.S. or Canada, but the vehicle must be registered in the United States. Personalized plan options ensure drivers only pay for what they need. Unlike some of its competitors, olive has no waiting period and does not require any vehicle inspections.

How does olive work?

olive gives you complete control when it comes to receiving quotes and purchasing plans. The company’s online quote tool is available 24/7, allowing customers to buy online at any time. If you prefer to call them, their coverage advocates can help secure coverage.

olive has three plans and three deductibles to choose from, giving you nine options to purchase. Once you select a plan, the rate is locked in and will not change for a three-year term, and you can cancel anytime. When a repair is needed, take your vehicle to an ASE-certified center of your choice and call to file a claim. You’ll pay your deductible and any non-covered items, and olive pays for the rest.

olive prices

olive’s pricing varies based on the year, make, model, mileage and location of the vehicle. An average olive plan ranges between $25 and $80 each month. When selecting the olive plan that’s best for you, consider your deductible options. olive offers a choice of three plans and three deductibles. Always read the terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions based on each plan.

Olive FAQ

Where is olive available?
Your car must be registered in the U.S. to receive a plan from olive, but the company covers cars that travel in the U.S. and Canada.
Does olive cover used cars?
Yes, olive covers used cars and requires no auto inspection.
Is olive’s coverage transferable?
Yes, olive’s coverage plans are transferable and can be canceled at any time.
Does olive let you customize its plans?
Yes, olive you can customize your coverage plan to meet the needs of your vehicle. You can also choose your deductible amount (options range from $100 to $500).

Is olive good?

olive strives to provide customers with a positive experience. It’s committed to not “nickel-and-diming” its customers and provides multiple plans to choose from. olive makes things convenient for customers by not requiring a vehicle inspection or waiting period when you sign up, and it lets you take your vehicle to any ASE-verified location instead of forcing you to choose from mechanics in a network.

olive Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about olive?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I had an extended warranty that was horrible with my vehicle. It was the Warranty from Hell company. At the time, we took my mother's car in and we found out her warranty had expired. Immediately, I went in to find the extended warranty we could get because her car needs to last her a long time. Plus, I wanted to make sure I found her a warranty before she had any pre-existing conditions. Olive was one of the ones that I contacted. They sounded way too good to be true. The monthly amount alone for the coverage that my mom gets is awesome. We have the full coverage for her car. They don't beat around the bush, they're straightforward and they don't do this whole, “You need to wait a certain amount of mileage and on top of that, a certain amount of months."

During the purchase, the gentleman let me talk and ask every single question in the book that one can possibly think of, and even let me sit there and be very skeptical of it. He had no problem with answering and providing any and all information even if it was the stupidest information that I was asking. He was very patient with me and very helpful. 100%, we recommend Olive to everybody. When they talk about extended warranties, Olive is the first name that comes out of our mouths.

A month after we got the coverage, my mom's front axle went bad. There was no hesitation. There was a question about certain parts that weren't covered. It was frustrating, but it wasn't Olive’s fault. Due to an oil leakage in the front of the engine that we weren't aware of, we weren't told. Because we had the oil changed at Christian Brothers, and they tried to get a lot of work and money out of us.

It was about a month and a half before we got the extended warranty when we had the oil change. So, when they were telling us that there was a certain part in the engine that was totally gone, and it was leaking oil for a while underneath the car, we were pretty upset. We were like, “No, that's a new oil leak. We just got it changed.” We were kind of a little frustrated but Olive didn't lose their cool. They explained and made me understand how they were able to know and how it was proof that it was indeed an oil that's been there for a while. The auto shop that we went to wasn't very good at what they were paid to do.

olive response

Hi Kimberly. So sorry to hear about the former coverage that you had. olive is in fact very transparent with what we offer in our coverage. We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had bought a new car about two months ago, and they had an extended warranty on the car. They were telling me, which I regret, that if I were to cancel it, my car loan would go down like 40 bucks a month. The guy was also saying, “Oh, you don't really need it because you got a brand new car.” So, I listened to him, being naive, and I cancelled it. As soon as my mom found out, she said, “No, you don't do that. Anything can happen at any time with a brand new car.” I didn't realize that because I had a brand new Chevy about five years back. I had it a week and the whole engine went out. I regretted it as soon as I did it because my car loan didn't even go down. They just gave $2,000 to the finance company. So, I need to put something on because I don't know what's gonna happen. As soon as I got olive, not even like seven days, my alternator went out. It was crazy but my factory warranty is paying for it. So, I have a rental right now.

I did the setup online, but I had to call olive because I didn't get an email. I had to confirm everything was correct, and the gentleman that I did speak to was very helpful. He sent me an email right away. I also spoke to somebody when my battery died and I was trying to figure out what was going on with my car. I did speak to a gentleman and he was the reason why my car is being fixed right now. He said, “Well, we would love to help you and fix your vehicle but, you're under a factory warranty for five years. I don't know why they didn't tell you that because you have a brand new car, you have a factory warranty.” He was the reason why I went over to the Hyundai dealership and got it fixed. He was very helpful.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars, Meeka. Welcome to the olive family. We are very happy we can help you have peace of mind from expensive auto repairs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I have another 18 months to pay on the car. It's out of warranty and it's over 100,000 miles. It's cheaper for me to pay the monthly fee than it is to come up with $5,000 to get my car fixed if I ever need it. I just signed up with Olive and it was easier than I thought. I do a lot of business online and I appreciated the fact that it was very user-friendly, interactive, led me through the process and gave me several payment options. It was very smooth and I didn't waste a lot of time.

It took a minute for them to send me my receipt and my information to create my login. As soon as you sign up, they say go log back in but you can't log back in 'cause you don't have your login credentials created. There was a little bit of confusion but I'm good. I called them asking when I was gonna get my login credentials. I also did call them about my package and everything I needed to have to file a claim. I talked with a woman and she was very courteous and patient with me. She seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Everything was resolved when I was on the phone with her.

I'm happy that I found Olive. I did read the policy through and it met my expectations. I have a greater sense of security. I appreciate the fact that I was able to get a warranty on a car with my mileage on it. That was my struggle. A lot of warranty companies won't touch you after 100,000 miles. I was gonna recommend Olive to my cousin. She has an older car as well and her warranty is gone.

olive response

Thank you for the 5 Stars Teri and welcome to olive. Appreciate your excellent feedback-while we strive to service our customers brilliantly online, we do provide friendly, no pressure customer advocates you can call with any questions or to help you get signed up. We are upgrading our systems regularly and, again, sincerely appreciate the valuable feedback we get from our customers like you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime you need assistance or have questions. We agree that our MBI and VSC solutions are an excellent way to extend your extended car warranty-especially when you still have car payments to make!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

There weren't a lot of options. There were three levels and I sought the best program. However, it was a lot more than I thought it was gonna be. I didn't have to get the full coverage but I'm kind of a full coverage kind of gal. I don't want to have to sweat the small things and manage in spite. Even my health insurance, I have a good plan so I don't have to spend hours on the phone trying to decode what's covered and what's not. I don't like doing that ‘cause it's very time consuming.

Olive didn't quite explain to me how the claims work if I ever were to have one. I was waiting to get that whole booklet for me to go through it but they didn't send me the whole program of what it covers. We talked about it over the phone and the rep described some of the features it covers but it's a lot different when someone's telling you in your ear. I don't remember all the details.

olive response

Thank you for the 4 Stars, Korina. Remember that those 3 options for coverage also allow 3 different deductible options. If you feel like the monthly payment is a bit higher than you are comfortable with, raising your deductible can be a great way to get the coverage you want while keeping your monthly payment low. Since you are a "full coverage kind of gal" the low deductible comprehensive coverage sounds like it may have been the right choice for you. With our cancel anytime monthly payment program we want to work hard every month to earn your business, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer advocates over the phone if you have any questions or did not receive your coverage details (sometimes those things go to spam) and we will make sure you get everything you need in writing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

My vehicle doesn't have an extended warranty policy and it's a newer vehicle. With electronics and everything else, I didn't wanna get stuck with paying for something. I looked into extended warranties. About a month ago when I first started looking for a truck, I filled out a quote. Olive called me shortly thereafter to try to get me to purchase an extended warranty through them. I wasn’t ready because I didn't purchase the truck yet. They were very nice and just told me to give them a call. When I got my new truck, I went back to their website and did everything through there. They immediately sent me all the information that I needed as far as the warranty contract and everything else. It was really easy and straightforward.

Their rep was great and was easy to talk to. It didn't seem like it was a call center from another country. That sometimes kinda gets irritating because you cannot understand and they may not understand your questions. The rep I spoke with was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He gave me a number to call if I needed some help. Olive has good and affordable coverage that is painless to set up. I generally do my research and it says that Olive is credited through the Better Business Bureau so I trust that. I hope that everything is the way it comes up to be. It seems like Olive is a trustworthy company.

olive response

Thank you for your 5 Star review and detailed assessment Joshua-and welcome to the olive family. We couldn't have put it any better ourselves. We are glad we can be here for you when you need us, and in giving you peace of mind from expensive auto repairs. You are correct our customer advocates are no pressure direct employees of olive living in the US. We are also one of the few BBB A+ rated companies in our industry. We will work hard to earn your business every month! Thank you again for the kind words.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Since purchasing Olive's coverage, there's a certain amount of confidence now that if something makes noise or if the car breaks down, I have an assurance that I won't be paying thousands of dollars for the repairs.

olive response

We are so proud to bring you that peace of mind, you are seeking, Kory. Thank you for taking the time to share this review and tell us your thoughts about olive.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The rep did a good job and explained the coverage well. My experience has been good.

olive response

Hello Richard. Thank you for your comment and five stars. Glad to hear you felt the coverage was explained well with a good experience. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I liked the idea that it's not a contract with Olive. I can stop it ad quit paying anytime I want. The other place wanted me to pay for a contract where I was stuck in it for five years. The reps at Olive also took the time to explain the coverage. I did take the 500 deductible which is about right for a car. The way it was explained to me was that it covers everything except wear and tear. They were very respectful. I asked them dumb questions, but they answered all my questions. The only complaint I had was they didn't send me the welcome package right away. I looked at my credit card and that was how I saw the charge. But when I called them, they were very polite and I had the policy within five minutes in my email. I was very happy with it. I don't know how the service actually is but it makes me feel better to know that I got something there. My major concern was to have the electronics covered because there's no way I can fix it. I just replaced a motor in my wife's truck and having the engine replaced was $7,000.

olive response

Hello Vinson. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience and for the five stars. I apologize that there was a glitz with sending out the welcome package right away. It has been fixed now. olive is very transparent. Nothing to hide. No questions unanswered. Welcome to the no contract olive family!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I was gonna look at at least two different warranty companies and while I was pending my decision, Olive was very responsive. I told the rep my primary concern was the electronics in the car and I wanted to make sure that that was covered. I told him I wanted bumper-to-bumper coverage and he said yes. I asked if he could send me a hardcopy and he did. But when I got the policy, under exclusions it says electrical. I’ve called twice and left a message for him. The follow-through is iffy. He has not responded so I called the third time and all I got for an answer is Olive has the best coverage available. That doesn't tell me why is electrical under exclusions. If electrical isn't covered, then I’m on to someone else.

olive response

Hi Rachel, it looks like you have our complete care, which does cover electrical. The exclusions to this plan would be you general wear and tear items such as oil changes. We would be happy to have one of our coverage advocates reach out to you for more in depth plan information. Otherwise please give us a call at (888)654-8348. You may also look at our comparison chart for coverage details at olive.com/coverage-plans/. Cheers, olive!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

The reps at Olive were real nice when I bought my policy.

olive response

Hello Delia. Thanks for the five stars and your comment. Glad to hear you had a nice experience when purchasing olive coverage. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The sales rep explained everything for me and answered all the questions. I already had told some people about Olive. Sometimes anything can happen with your car and it's always safe to have a warranty.

olive response

Hello Laday. Couldn't agree with you more! It is always a good idea to be safe now rather than sorry later. Thanks for your comment, five stars and for telling others about olive. We appreciate you! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The rep I signed up with was very helpful. The plan I was offered got a lot of coverage and I'm happy.

olive response

Hello Loucinda, thanks so much for your comment and five stars. We appreciate hearing about our customer's experience especially when it leaves the customer feeling happy. We got you covered! Welcome to the olive family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

When I got the papers, my son's name was everywhere. I called Olive and told them I needed one that didn't have his name. Communicating with a rep over the phone wasn't too hard but they had a hard time getting that done. It was a month getting the changes over but it's all straightened out.

olive response

Glenn, we apologize for the delay, I see you are a Sr. and Jr. That sometimes gets confusing, I understand. Very thankful it has been straightened out. I see the proper correspondence has been emailed to you. If we may assist further, please reach out. Thank you for choosing olive and taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

When I first bought the vehicle, it had some balance on the factory warranty, on the drivetrain. I was just googling different extended warranty companies and came up with Olive. I got online, did everything, then spoke to a gentleman with Olive and told him that I still have warranty. He said, “Well, if it's already powertrain, drivetrain, everything was covered up until the factory warranty, it would be probably beneficial once it was up.” There was no need to buy it right then, so I looked at some other different ones like Endurance and CarShield. I spoke again with gentleman with Olive earlier and I started the warranty last week. I haven't had any issues with the car, so I was just getting this protection just in case.

olive response

Darryl, thank you for olive these stars and for your kind words. We believe digging into your coverage options, before making a choice, is the best practice and are so happy you chose us! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

My auto mechanics said that I was hitting 60,000 miles and since I'm going to keep the car for a while, it would be smart to get the warranty at this time, and they recommended Olive. The purchasing process was easy. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.

olive response

Terre, we are grateful your mechanic knows who they would like to work with and recommended us! If or when you have an unexpected breakdown, we look forward to thanking them and getting you rollin' again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The guy that answered the phone was really good. We laughed and had some fun. I liked his attitude.

olive response

Sandra, thank you for this FIVE-STAR review and for sharing the fun experience you had.

Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

When I called customer service to set up an account, they didn't try to high-pressure me. They gave me the information I needed and when I called back looking for more, they didn't try to high-pressure me again. They came within a little bit of the other companies out there, and their service was better. So far, they are a pleasure to deal with. They have really done a nice job.

olive response

Thank you, Penn, for olive these stars and for taking the time to share this with us!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Olive was great. It was super easy to set up, had super competitive pricing and was very easy to manage. I made the purchase online but I called because I had a question about the listings of what comes with the contract. The reps were super helpful and walked us straight through exactly what the difference was. The purchasing process with Olive was perfect. It was effortless.

olive response

Hello Matt. Wow, thanks so much for all those kind words about olive! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience getting your policy and questions answered. We thrive on full transparency when it comes to our customers. Thanks for the five stars as well! Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Everything was good when I signed up with them. They were very kind and receptive. They quickly answered my questions. The lady that was helping me out was very kind and nice.

olive response

Anthony, what a shining review! We are so proud of our customer service team and glad you got to experience their AWESOMENESS! Welcome to the family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I got bumper-to-bumper from olive and so far, so good. The rep explained the aspects of the coverage very well.

olive response

Hello William. I bet that feeling that you are covered from bumper to bumper is a pretty good feeling! Welcome to the olive family! Thanks for your comment and five stars. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Their overall price was cheaper than anybody else with the $500 deductible. Signing up with them seemed very straightforward.

olive response

With 9 coverage options, we are happy you found your fit, Travis. We are happy you chose olive for your coverage needs.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The signup was easy and the rep I talked to was great.

olive response

Thank you for this FIVE-STAR review, Michele. We are so happy you chose olive for your coverage needs.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

It was easy to purchase the policy. The process was all done online and it was done in about a minute.

olive response

Brian, we sure appreciate olive these stars and the time you took to share your experience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The rep that helped me through the signup answered all my questions. I can't wait till I place my first claim and see how that goes.

olive response

WOW! Thank you for this SHINING review, Deon. We will be here, IF or when you need to get rollin' again, after an unexpected breakdown.

Cheers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The lady that I got on the phone with was very helpful. She gave me all the information.

olive response

Shelly, we are so happy to hear you had great service to help you make your decision on mechanical breakdown coverage. Thank you for your review.

Have a great day!

Cheers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The sign-up was pretty easy. The rep talked about everything that the plan would cover.

olive response

Thank you, Monica, for this FIVE-STAR review and your kind words. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

The price was right. Everything went well.

olive response

Excellent, Edward! So happy to hear from you. Welcome to the olive family.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I filed two claims with Olive. The first experience was awful and it had me really stressed out to the point that I had to just borrow some money to get my Hyundai 2017 fixed. Olive took the claim and looked into it. They approved me then they didn't approve me. A man said he was going to get me approved again. The last time, Olive denied the claim because my mileage had little numbers off. I didn't even have my car with me to give Olive the mileage because it was in the shop. I called customer service and changed the mileage but they still didn't approve the claim. With the exception of the claims department, Olive's other department was fine. Now, I have my X6 BMW in the shop and I have to wait and see what's going on with this.

olive response

Teena, we apologize for any frustrations, we are looking into this and will contact you soon.

Have a good day,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Purchasing the warranty was an easy process. The rep that I dealt with was nice.

olive response

Awesome of you, Tiera, to leave olive these stars for us! Thank you for taking the time for this review.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Purchasing a policy with Olive was easy and I did it all online. I received an email about what was needed like my VIN number that was missing. Olive has a lot of places that you could go to and I liked that. So far, I have used the policy. When I braked, I would hear noise in the back. It was something that was new and I had it checked out. It turned out the caliper was messed up. I would recommend Olive. You get peace of mind and you get to choose the different deductible amounts. The higher the deductible, the lower the monthly costs and vice versa. Someone would be able to pick what is in their budget.

olive response
    Yikes, Julie! Brake failure can be a headache, we are so happy you were covered to keep rollin' onto your next adventure. You are right, with 9 options, there is usually a good financial fit for our customers.

Thank you for this AWE-mazing review and olive these stars!

olive Company Information