Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Preferred Warranties Inc.
1.68/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Preferred Warranties Inc.

PWI serves independent used vehicle dealers and small franchise retail automotive dealers, as well as powersports dealerships. PWI offers extended service contract protection plans fro pre-owned vehicles throughout the United States. From the smallest budget to the widest range of coverage, PWI has a plan to meet every dealer and customer's needs. With more than 25 years in operation, we provide exceptional customer service with claims handled by experienced professional claims adjusters.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

40 Preferred Warranties Inc. Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I bought an old car from a dealership which offered a warranty that I bought. Not soon after my transmission was making a racket. PWI was more than willing to have me choose where the car was repaired. The shop I chose specialize in my particular car. A Honda S2000. These guys know much more than your regular old Honda tech about my particular vehicle. PWI paid a strong portion of the repairs. This was 2 years ago.

Fast forward to now my car was making loud clacking noise coming from the front of the valve cover. I pulled the valve cover off to find the head of a broken bolt wedged between the timing gear and the head. I called PWI and told them what was going on. They directed me to their roadside assistance line. The towing to that same shop was completely covered and they assured me that my repairs would be covered minus my $100 deductible. I've had actual Honda warranties refuse to pay for anything. Usually have to fight tooth and nail. Not with PWI. If you are considering purchasing an aftermarket warranty I highly suggest Preferred Warranties Inc.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

Thank you for taking the time to comment. At Preferred Warranties, we really appreciate hearing from satisfied customers like you. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

When it comes to warranty everyone has a fear of buying something that would not actually cover what they say they cover. 2006 F-150 Had an issue that at first seemed like an easy fix, but turned out it wasn't covered in the plan I purchased. PWI still decided to pay for partial part of just because they wanted to help me out as best they could. Thank you PWI so much, you covered something didn't even have to cover. Business done right.

Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day. It also helps others who may be making a decision to purchase a Preferred Warranties service contract.

Thanks and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My girlfriend bought a van with a PWI warranty for a used car dealership about two years ago. I was a little worried reading these reviews when the transmission in the van failed, but after talking with a PWI representative they told us it was covered along with a wheel bearing that needed replaced as well. When we finally got the van back from the transmission being replaced, the front wheel bearing needed replaced as well as the previous garage did a shoddy job, and this was covered as well. So overall we're very satisfied with how PWI handled our situation.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

Thank you for your comment! You made our day! At Preferred Warranties, we really appreciate hearing from satisfied customers like you. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought a used car and got the warranty. Had to have the transmission replaced. Started having problems with my right front, had a mechanic check it out and the axle had to be replaced, the strut and wheel bearing. While this was being worked on my mechanic said there was bolts missing out of the transmission, the bolt to the carrier bearing was broke. That is what caused all the other problems. The fluid was overfilled. Now the transmission job is telling me nothing is wrong with it, and Preferred Warranties is telling me they can't do nothing. The car was messed up while it was under warranty and now it's run out so they won't do anything. It's not like I can just go pop the hood and see that the transmission was put in the right way. it took time for the other problems to come up from where it wasn't installed right. I had to pay out 800.00 for this other work and I have a car making payments on that I can't drive. Warranty company is a rip off.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response
      Hello Jerry - Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.
      Customer satisfaction is of the greatest importance to PWI. I’d like to learn more about your experience with PWI and see if there’s a way we can help.

Please let me know the best number and day/time to reach you so we can talk further about your experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bought the best possible warranty from them and still nothing covered. Had 3 separate issues with '16 platinum fx4 bought 10 months ago from used dealership. Hitting the 'cancel' button! Would highly not recommend wasting your money on them.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response
      Hello Troy - Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.

Kimberly Krammes

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Preferred Warranties, Inc.?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I purchased my warranty in Jan 2019 my BMW X5. The used car dealership assured me that this was the best warranty for my vehicle since it had high miles. I spent $2,905 for the Plus Coverage which based on what was listed covered everything under the hood. Last week I took to my vehicle in for service at BMW and was told that the oil pan gasket and transfer case mount needed service. The BMW contacted PWI to get approval for the repair and was told that neither was covered. I could not believe it especially since #4 on the list of coverage's is Seals and Gaskets!

When I called the PWI to question this, all I was told is that my warranty coverage does not cover the Oil Pan Gasket. The warranty coverage is very misleading in the contract. I plan on contacting the dealer that sold me the warranty and also considering contacting the Attorney General. At this point I would not recommend purchasing a warranty from PWI. T. ** PWI if you wish to contact me the last four of the vin is ** and last four of the contract is **.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response
      Hello Thomas - Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.

Kimberly Krammes

Original review: May 24, 2019

Updated on 05/25/2019: I’ll continue to post until I get my car! What do you know, I got a call from the company promising it’ll be fixed after Memorial Day!

Original Review: I only gave 1 star because I had to post. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY!! I’ve filed a claim in December and still do not have my car! Getting the run around about programming a body valve on a transmission for 2007 Mercedes. The communication sucks and no one knows anything. All I get are what’s in notes and nothing more. I have been making payments for 6 months in addition to insurance premiums and was told I’m not out of money! BS!!’ When you call everyone passes the buck!! Preferred Warranties do not stand by their company!

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we will do whatever we can to help ensure your satisfaction. . A member of our leadership team will be in contact within the next 24 hours to discuss your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our service.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Bait and switch...surprise. So bought the extended warranty from them and after a couple months the a/c went out. Took to a shop and it turns out the core evaporator was the problem... That part is covered BUT to access and replace that part in our 2009 C70 Volvo you need to remove and replace the heat evaporator or whatever it is called is NOT covered. Now how are they supposed to fix the covered part without covering the part they also need to actually fix the problem. I am thoroughly disgusted with talking to them and speaking in circles. Waste of money and know ahead of time that your warranty is a hit or miss. So much for that $100 deductible that will now be $700... Seems to be enough complaints to take further action.

Diane,

We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the final resolution. Please feel free to contact us with any questions in the future. Thank you.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Called in my first claim, PWI said it was covered. Dealer called in for approval. PWI said it was covered. Go to pick my Truck, PWI told dealer they wouldn't pay full parts costs, so my $100 deductible turned into $420.80 cost. Don't buy this warranty.

Motie,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Please leave your phone number so we can call you or feel free to contact us at your convenience to chat.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Simply put, plunked down 1900 bucks for an extended warranty. First attempt to use it and of course, "that engine part is not covered", is what I hear from them. You have no recourse, YOU'VE BEEN HAD! So for the next poor dumb soul....DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM PWI Inc.

Mitch,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we will do whatever we can to help ensure your satisfaction. Please leave your phone number so we can call you or feel free to contact us at your convenience to chat.

Preferred Warranties Inc. Company Information