Preferred Warranties Inc.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Preferred Warranties Inc.

Preferred Warranties Inc. offers extended auto warranties, including service contracts for powersport vehicles. Plans range from specialty to exclusionary coverage. Mechanics are usually paid directly, and all claims are paid within five working days. Reimbursement may be necessary in some cases, though.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Multiple plans
    • Powersport vehicle option
    • Available in all 50 states

Cons

• Weak benefits
    • Limited plan information online

Bottom Line

Preferred Warranties Inc. offers multiple vehicle service plans, but it only sells through authorized dealerships. Plan information is hard to find online, so you might be better off contacting your dealer for details.

Top Preferred Warranties Inc. Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Preferred Warranties, Inc.?

Verified

I never had any problems. Very competitive rates and terms. Excellent customer service. I have frequent contact with my representative. More dealers should be dealing with them! R...

Verified

I have purchased 3 contracts for my family and have had claims. PWI treated them very well. No delays in repair work. Quick and responsive and always professional. Will buy from t...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Preferred Warranties Inc.?

Preferred Warranties Inc. is a company that sells extended warranties through authorized dealerships. Because it doesn’t sell directly to consumers, you’ll likely have to contact a third party for pricing information, though.

Warranty coverage varies by plan, and Preferred Warranties’ benefits are somewhat limited.

Preferred Warranties plans

Preferred Warranties’ website lists six plans for cars and one plan for motorcycles, ATVs, boats and snowmobiles.

Powertrain
    The Powertrain plan is Preferred Warranties Inc.’s most basic plan. It covers your vehicle’s:
    • Engine
    • Transmission
    • Four-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive system
    • Differential
    • Seals and gaskets
    • Fluids and filters/diagnostics
    Base
    The Base plan covers everything in the Powertrain plan and your vehicle’s:
    • Additional engine components
    • Steering system
    • Brakes
    • Air conditioning system
    Plus
    The Plus plan has coverage for everything in the Base plan and coverage for your vehicle’s:
    • Additional engine components
    • Additional electrical/high-tech systems
    • Fuel delivery system
    • Additional air conditioning components
    Extra Mile
    The Extra Mile plan adds more coverage to vehicles with active factory warranties, including paying any deductible the factory warranty requires for service.
    Premier
    The Premier plan offers exclusionary coverage, meaning it's easier to list what it doesn’t cover rather than what it does. The Premier Plan does not cover:
    • Regular maintenance services
    • Door panels and handles
    • Structural framework
    • Bumpers
    • Sheet metal and flexible body parts
    • Paint
    • Convertible tops
    • Upholstery, trim, moldings, windows and headlamps
    • Anything not installed by the manufacturer
    • Hybrid vehicle battery
    • Repairs made to meet emission standards
    Budget
    Details on the Budget plan are limited on Preferred Warranties’ website, but it is advertised to be a cost-effective warranty option.
    Powersports
    The Powersports plan is for pre-owned motorcycles, ATVs, boats and snowmobiles. It covers the following parts and systems on your vehicle:
    • Engine
    • Electrical
    • Fuel system
    • Four-wheel-drive components

Preferred Warranties Inc.’s benefits

Preferred Warranties offers 24/7 roadside assistance with every plan except the Budget and Powersports options. This assistance includes:

• Mechanical help
    • Towing
    • Battery service
    • Delivery service
    • Tire service
    • Lockout help

Rental reimbursement varies by plan, and several plans’ benefits aren’t disclosed on the company’s website. See the table below for details.

PlanRental car reimbursement
    PowertrainNone
    BaseUp to 3 days
    PlusUp to 5 days

Preferred Warranties prices

Preferred Warranties doesn’t publish prices on its website, and payment information is very limited online as well. To get a quote, review the warranty contract and costs with your dealer when you purchase the vehicle you want to cover. This makes it more difficult to shop around and compare warranty costs, but it is still possible to make an informed decision if you’re willing to put your vehicle purchase on hold.

Preferred Warranties Inc. FAQ

Can I use any repair shop when I have a Preferred Warranties Inc. warranty?
    Yes. Preferred Warranties Inc. can work with your regular repair shop to resolve your claim. If you don’t have a preferred shop, it can recommend one.
    How do I file a claim with Preferred Warranties Inc.?
    If you have a claim to file, call or open a claim online before you get the repairs done.
    Can I set up a payment plan with Preferred Warranties Inc.?
    Preferred Warranties doesn’t mention payment plans on its website.
    Where can I buy a Preferred Warranties Inc. car warranty?
    You can purchase a Preferred Warranties Inc. car warranty from participating dealerships.

Is Preferred Warranties Inc. worth it?

Although an extended auto warranty can help cover unexpected repairs, Preferred Warranties Inc. doesn't always stack up well with its competition, and its reviews on our site are mostly negative at the time of publishing. If you want to purchase an extended auto warranty, it might be smart to continue researching other companies so you can make an informed decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Preferred Warranties Inc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Preferred Warranties, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I purchased a PWI warranty on my last vehicle and was happy with the process and the warranty. It was an easy decision to choose PWI again, when I bought my current vehicle. The process was easy and the dealer was knowledgeable about the contract specifics. There are several options in different price ranges and I was able to choose what was best for my needs. Great value for an auto warranty!

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for the five star review! So happy to deliver the products and service you deserve!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Lester and his team are great with providing the tools we need to sell their products. They are always helpful when I have questions and have a quick response time to anything we need at the Dealership.

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for the five star review! So glad Lester and PWI are able to provide you with the products and service you deserve!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We are shoppers, like anyone else--we comparison shop and find the best programs and prices for us and for our customers. Believe me when I tell you, we checked around, and could not find a competitor that came close in terms of mileage and terms covered. They provide coverage for very high mileage and old aged vehicles and odd items that independent dealers might find themselves putting on their lots, and their truck pricing and coverages are unsurpassed. We also asked around to other PWI dealers to see about claims experience, because that obviously matters, and simply put--they pay.

We have had no issues at claim time, we don't get long delays on repairs, we're not required to do extensive tear-downs only to then find out that they won't cover (been there with other providers), and they don't force us to hold up repairs for an inspector every time. It's a pleasant, simple, experience for us and the customer. The website is simple simple simple, and our account executive, Anna, is responsive and knowledgeable. Couldn't ask for more--highly recommended, to fellow dealers and to their customers!

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate your partnership!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Being in the car business for over 30 years, I have dealt with just about every warranty company that exists and none has topped the experience I have had with Preferred. My Account exec. Anna ** knowledge about the products, how they work and most importantly, how to improve my bottom line have helped me to improve my customers' experience while still maintaining profits. I would recommend PWI to any dealers or consumers looking for a quality professional experience.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the excellent review and recommendation! We appreciate your partnership!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I want to thank NEAL ** from PREFERRED WARRANTIES our new account representatve at ARROW MOTORS IN LINDEN N.J. for his total and unwavering support & cooperation in assisting me to give my customers the best vehicle warranty and customer service possible. It's great to know that there are other people in this world with an ole school work ethic. SHAWN

Hi Shawn,

So glad to hear Neal provided the service you deserve! Neal is a great addition to the PWI team. Thank you for excellent review and your partnership!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Been using PWI for a while. The services are great and easy to use. Lester takes great care of us! Online system is very easy to use. Provide us with the advertising materials we need. Claims are always taken care of quickly.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the five star review and for your partnership!

Original review: April 28, 2022

We have been doing business with Preferred Warranties Inc. for many years. Brian is always available to help us out. Preferred always takes care of our customers and we truly value the relationship we have with PWI!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the five star review! So happy to hear Brian and PWI are able to provide the customer service you deserve. Thank you for your partnership!

Original review: April 27, 2022

We've used this company for about 3 years now. They've been nothing but great to work with. Our customers have been very pleased with their experiences as well. Great company! I would recommend their product to anyone.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the five star review! So happy to help you and your customers. Thank you for the recommendation and your partnership!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Matt ** with PWI has been an amazing guy to deal with. Super easy going and down to earth! The business is everything they are said to be. The best warranty company I've worked with and always cover their coverages.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the five star review! So happy to hear Matt and PWI are delivering the service you deserve. We appreciate your partnership!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have had nothing but good experiences with this company. They pay out on their claims unlike other warranty companies who drag their feet. Love working with them and will continue to do so. Neal is the best rep as well.

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for the five star review! So happy that Neal and PWI are able to provide the service you deserve!

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

Explore Preferred Warranties Inc. Reviews by Topic: