Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Preferred Warranties Inc.
1.62/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Preferred Warranties Inc.

PWI serves independent used vehicle dealers and small franchise retail automotive dealers, as well as powersports dealerships. PWI offers extended service contract protection plans fro pre-owned vehicles throughout the United States. From the smallest budget to the widest range of coverage, PWI has a plan to meet every dealer and customer's needs. With more than 25 years in operation, we provide exceptional customer service with claims handled by experienced professional claims adjusters.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Preferred Warranties Inc. Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I bought an old car from a dealership which offered a warranty that I bought. Not soon after my transmission was making a racket. PWI was more than willing to have me choose where the car was repaired. The shop I chose specialize in my particular car. A Honda S2000. These guys know much more than your regular old Honda tech about my particular vehicle. PWI paid a strong portion of the repairs. This was 2 years ago.

Fast forward to now my car was making loud clacking noise coming from the front of the valve cover. I pulled the valve cover off to find the head of a broken bolt wedged between the timing gear and the head. I called PWI and told them what was going on. They directed me to their roadside assistance line. The towing to that same shop was completely covered and they assured me that my repairs would be covered minus my $100 deductible. I've had actual Honda warranties refuse to pay for anything. Usually have to fight tooth and nail. Not with PWI. If you are considering purchasing an aftermarket warranty I highly suggest Preferred Warranties Inc.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

Thank you for taking the time to comment. At Preferred Warranties, we really appreciate hearing from satisfied customers like you. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

When it comes to warranty everyone has a fear of buying something that would not actually cover what they say they cover. 2006 F-150 Had an issue that at first seemed like an easy fix, but turned out it wasn't covered in the plan I purchased. PWI still decided to pay for partial part of just because they wanted to help me out as best they could. Thank you PWI so much, you covered something didn't even have to cover. Business done right.

Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day. It also helps others who may be making a decision to purchase a Preferred Warranties service contract.

Thanks and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My girlfriend bought a van with a PWI warranty for a used car dealership about two years ago. I was a little worried reading these reviews when the transmission in the van failed, but after talking with a PWI representative they told us it was covered along with a wheel bearing that needed replaced as well. When we finally got the van back from the transmission being replaced, the front wheel bearing needed replaced as well as the previous garage did a shoddy job, and this was covered as well. So overall we're very satisfied with how PWI handled our situation.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

Thank you for your comment! You made our day! At Preferred Warranties, we really appreciate hearing from satisfied customers like you. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feedback like yours helps our team of professionals to stay motivated and keep delivering outstanding customer service every day. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I paid over $1200 for an extended warranty and when I need to use the warranty they gave me a transmission that was bad. Now they will not fix the problem after they gave me the bad transmission. NEVER BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM PREFERRED WARRANTIES. I am going to expose them on every social media outlet. The power of the internet!!!!

Hello Wendy,
      I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.
      Customer satisfaction is of the greatest importance to PWI. I’d like to learn more about your experience with PWI and see if there’s a way we can help.
      Please let me know the best number and day/time to reach you so we can talk further about your experience.

Kimberly Krammes

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I purchased used vehicle from local dealership and opted for powertrain warranty. I was driving to work yesterday when check engine light came on and vehicle began shaking and hesitating. I was about a quarter mile from reputable service station. They identified that one of the cylinders/pistons went and needed to be replaced. I keep a photo of warranty card in phone and submitted a claim today. I was contacted this evening, about 8 hours after submitting claim. They initially tried to tell me that the cylinder and pistons were not part of powertrain followed by the customer service rep telling the repairs were conducted too quickly for a piston. I didn't know PWI has mechanics conducting customer service. The rep proceeded to tell me that it wouldn't be covered because I didn't call for prior approval as listed in my contract.

I never received any contract, just a laminated card with contact info and policy number which I didn't see to call first because I have the photo in my phone of the front of card. When I purchased vehicle, I was advised to submit a claim after repairs as the warranty covers all service stations nationwide. Although I believe that there was a communication error with the dealership, this is still unacceptable practices. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was advised I can call back during normal business hours. It appears that this company will do anything to avoid covering repairs based on my experience and other reviews. I will call to speak with supervisor tomorrow but I will be sure to let the world know that PWI engages in deceptive practices to fleece hardworking people out of their money.

Daniel,

I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI. Customer satisfaction is of the greatest importance to PWI and we will do whatever we can to help ensure your satisfaction. A member of our leadership team will be in contact within the next 24 hours to discuss your concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Preferred Warranties, Inc.?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

If you're looking at purchasing a warranty for your vehicle, look elsewhere. Stepson bought a 2010 Audi A4 from a dealership and bought the extended warranty. The center balance shaft went out causing the engine to seize up. When we took it to the shop, they knew what the problem was through simple diagnostics BUT the warranty company insisted the shop expose the center balance shaft to prove that it was in fact the problem with the motor. This added on roughly 5 hours of labor due to body and other parts of the motor having to be removed to get to the balance shaft. Once it was confirmed by the warranty company's adjuster, they sent a used, long block motor for a replacement.

The warranty company WILL NOT pay for the extra labor for exposing the center balance shaft when it was they who insisted on it being done. Their initial response is that there is a $75.00 cap on diagnostics. The problem was diagnosed with no issues until the warranty company MADE the shop tear into the car body and motor. I was corresponding via email with a Preferred Warranty employee, Mike **, who suddenly ceased to return emails once I asked about covering the extra labor. This company has consumers over a barrel and they know it. Spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Hello Mike

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought a used car and got the warranty. Had to have the transmission replaced. Started having problems with my right front, had a mechanic check it out and the axle had to be replaced, the strut and wheel bearing. While this was being worked on my mechanic said there was bolts missing out of the transmission, the bolt to the carrier bearing was broke. That is what caused all the other problems. The fluid was overfilled. Now the transmission job is telling me nothing is wrong with it, and Preferred Warranties is telling me they can't do nothing. The car was messed up while it was under warranty and now it's run out so they won't do anything. It's not like I can just go pop the hood and see that the transmission was put in the right way. it took time for the other problems to come up from where it wasn't installed right. I had to pay out 800.00 for this other work and I have a car making payments on that I can't drive. Warranty company is a rip off.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response
      Hello Jerry - Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bought the best possible warranty from them and still nothing covered. Had 3 separate issues with '16 platinum fx4 bought 10 months ago from used dealership. Hitting the 'cancel' button! Would highly not recommend wasting your money on them.

Preferred Warranties Inc. response
      Hello Troy - Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience with PWI.

Kimberly Krammes

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I purchased my warranty in Jan 2019 my BMW X5. The used car dealership assured me that this was the best warranty for my vehicle since it had high miles. I spent $2,905 for the Plus Coverage which based on what was listed covered everything under the hood. Last week I took to my vehicle in for service at BMW and was told that the oil pan gasket and transfer case mount needed service. The BMW contacted PWI to get approval for the repair and was told that neither was covered. I could not believe it especially since #4 on the list of coverage's is Seals and Gaskets!

When I called the PWI to question this, all I was told is that my warranty coverage does not cover the Oil Pan Gasket. The warranty coverage is very misleading in the contract. I plan on contacting the dealer that sold me the warranty and also considering contacting the Attorney General. At this point I would not recommend purchasing a warranty from PWI. T. ** PWI if you wish to contact me the last four of the vin is ** and last four of the contract is **.

Hello Thomas

Kimberly Krammes

Original review: May 24, 2019

Updated on 05/25/2019: I’ll continue to post until I get my car! What do you know, I got a call from the company promising it’ll be fixed after Memorial Day!

Original Review: I only gave 1 star because I had to post. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY!! I’ve filed a claim in December and still do not have my car! Getting the run around about programming a body valve on a transmission for 2007 Mercedes. The communication sucks and no one knows anything. All I get are what’s in notes and nothing more. I have been making payments for 6 months in addition to insurance premiums and was told I’m not out of money! BS!!’ When you call everyone passes the buck!! Preferred Warranties do not stand by their company!

Preferred Warranties Inc. response

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we will do whatever we can to help ensure your satisfaction. . A member of our leadership team will be in contact within the next 24 hours to discuss your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our service.

Preferred Warranties Inc. Company Information