4.9/5 (457 ratings)

About Toco Warranty

Easy, Affordable, and Stress-free: That's the Toco promise! At Toco, we believe that keeping our customers on the road keeps us in business. That is why customer satisfaction drives all of our decisions and actions. Transparency and accountability are cornerstones to not only earning your business but keeping your trust.

Pros

• Use any repair facility
  • Month-to-month payment plan
  • Coverage can go to 225k miles

Cons

• Must supply contact info for pricing
  • Limited exclusionary coverage

Bottom Line

Toco Warranty is an online vehicle service contract provider with three levels of service. The company offers plans for newer and older cars, and you can use any licensed repair shop you choose.

Top Toco Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had Toco Warranty for about four years now. Their customer service is amazing. They are all kind, quick to respond and very knowledgeable. … The peace of mind afforded to me ...

Verified

I called to inquire about my TOCO warranty coverage. Representative Marco A. assisted me and made sure I received assistance with getting my car repaired. He was kind, friendly an...

What is Toco Warranty?

Toco Warranty is a vehicle service contract provider that offers comprehensive coverage for your vehicle to protect your finances if you have a breakdown. To sign up for Toco Warranty’s services, visit its website and fill out the online interest form, and Toco will provide you with a personalized quote.

With Toco, there are no long-term contracts or commitments, but you may have to pay a fee to cancel your service. You can use any licensed mechanic with Toco.

Toco Warranty coverage

Before signing up for Toco Warranty coverage, it’s important to understand what repairs Toco Warranty does and does not cover. Toco Warranty plans typically only offer coverage for specific parts of each system in your car. You can work with a Toco representative to find out the specific details of what’s covered in each system.

Toco Warranty offers three coverage options, listed below:

• The Blue plan is designed for cars from 2000 or newer that have between 100,000 to 175,000 miles.
  • The Yellow plan is designed for cars from 2011 or newer that have between 60,000 to 100,000 miles.
  • The Orange plan is designed for cars from 2016 or newer that have up to 60,000 miles.

As with many vehicle service contract providers, newer cars are eligible for more comprehensive coverage. Visit Toco’s website to find out which coverage option fits your budget and vehicle.

Toco Warranty cost

Toco Warranty’s monthly prices vary based on your car’s age and mileage. To get an accurate estimate of your monthly coverage cost, visit Toco’s website and fill out the online interest form. You’ll need specific information about your vehicle, including:

• The make
  • The model
  • The year
  • The current mileage

After providing this information, you receive an accurate quote of your monthly payment.

Toco Warranty FAQ

Is Toco Warranty legit?
Toco Warranty’s services are legit and can be helpful to protect yourself financially against expensive vehicle breakdowns.
Who owns Toco Warranty?
Toco Warranty is owned by the Toco Warranty Corp., which is located in West Hills, California.
Can I cancel my Toco Warranty?
Yes, you can cancel your Toco Warranty plan, but you may have to pay a cancellation fee.
Where is Toco Warranty available?
Toco’s services are available in 47 states. The company’s services are not available in Alaska, Missouri and Washington. Toco Warranty offers mechanical breakdown insurance in California.

Is Toco Warranty legit?

With coverage of various car systems and three different plans to choose from, Toco Warranty is a good company. The company does not require you to use mechanics within a network, so you can decide where your vehicle is serviced. We recommend its services for vehicle owners searching for a comprehensive vehicle service contract with no down payment.

Toco Warranty Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2021

Mattew was very pleasant and patient going over in detail with me on the coverage and telling me the plan bumper to bumper like a dealership. Also you have very good ratings with BBB and I also go month to month without being committed to this plan.

Toco Warranty response
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and joining the Toco family!
You are in the highest level of care on the market, the Orange Plan, which is a mirror of the manufacturer's warranty. You are absolutely set up for success. While we don't use the words bumper to bumper so that we can avoid any subjective terminology or misinterpretation of the contract (we don't want anyone thinking that we cover their bumpers), we are excited to know that you are lined up as best as you possibly could be. Please make sure to log into the Customer Portal to download your contract.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, we are absolutely here to help.

Thank you for your review, your business, and your trust. Welcome aboard!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I want to be clear from the beginning, I am a new customer in the "waiting period" still, and have had no experience with warranty coverage nor filed a claim yet. This review and rating pertains specifically to the support I have received with regards to the sales support. Daurie B. was my rep. and was able to answer all of my questions, apply my applicable discounts, flexible in offering options, and made clear the mission statement of the company, their relationship to the "provider" (administrator of the warranty), the included and excluded parts and components, and was personable and helpful.

I've not bought an extended warranty from a 3rd party in the past, over the last 10+ vehicles I've owned in just as many (or slightly more) years. The reason I chose to go with Toco was after doing research on their BBB profile looking into their complaints (relatively small given the size of the contracts in existence), their positive ratings with Consumer Affairs, and with their upfront ability to communicate everything without surprises/gimmicks.

I feel that their mission is clear and their representative (in this case singular, though I'm sure others may be as well) conveys that mission. As I stated on the phone, Toco is selling peace of mind really, chances are I won't end up using the warranty service. If I do, I hope that process will be just as pleasant as I intend to maintain my vehicle and wish to drive it for years to come.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your enrollment experience and providing so many specifics. We hope that you never have to deal with an unexpected breakdown, but if you do, Toco's got your back.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My experience was wonderful. I got the help I needed. You guys are AWESOME!??? Anytime I need extra time with my payment, y'all do everything in y'alls power to make it happen. Y'all are very understanding on folk's situation, and do everything in y'all power to satisfy the customers. Other companies try and get me as a client, but I tell them I'm happy with Toco and been with toco for some years. When they ask how much I pay a month, I tell them and they can't beat y'all price. I tell folks about y'all and will continue to and hope they join. It's needed for those unexpected breakdowns and the price is reasonable, just depends on the mileage. But overall, nice customer service always!

Toco Warranty response

Times are tough, but having Toco isn't. We are real people who understand that this is a trying time. Thank you for being such a great customer and for spreading the word and sharing the bird. We look forward to lining your pockets with referral bonuses. We appreciate you, your business, and your trust and look forward to continuing to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

The waiting period on the vehicle page was shown incorrectly as"60 days, 1000 miles". The view the contract page was shown correctly as "60 days, 500 miles". I called in and spoke with Aria who listened and followed my conversation through the different categories as shown above. She stated she would contact the proper department to have this resolved and call me back which she did. She then had me connect to my original email from you to review the correction. Aria was friendly, courteous, easy to understand, knowledgeable and efficient. Aria is a real asset to your company. I have only good things to say about your company, your program and all my contacts with your other employees including Sergio. In these uncertain times, this has become a rarity.. Thank you all very much. Marylyn

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Toco understands that every customer interaction is a chance to make a lasting impression, regardless of the reason for the call. We are glad that the situation got sorted out and look forward to being there for you down the road.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I've had Toco Warranty for about four years now. Their customer service is amazing. They are all kind, quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I had a claim last year and it was amazing to see how easily they took care of it. When you have a transmission issue, you don't expect it to be that simple but TOCO really made it that simple. All I had to pay was my low deductible. I would absolutely recommend this to my friends and family which I have already done so and a few of them have signed up. The peace of mind afforded to me through TOCO is second to none, so much so that I even enrolled my second vehicle.

Toco Warranty response

Toco is committed to providing "Best in Class" Customer Care to our customers, and your review lets us know that we are on track! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. No one expects to have a breakdown, but when they happen, Toco has your back!

Original review: July 22, 2021

My experience was uplifting to the point my server being elegant in listening to my problem. My old car warranty easy pay plan was not difficult in administering, but only good when it was not shut down for 2 to 4 weeks or when customer service kept me on hold for hours or customer service stating that there is no account registered by me.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Worked very well with me and answered questions. She was pleasant and funny. She did rush me and explained everything. Thank her very much for her assistance and she assisted me with locating a friend to a give a discount for referring a friend.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We know that there is a lot of information to digest on an enrollment call, so it is great to hear that your agent really took their time to help make the program easy to understand. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and look forward to being your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: July 13, 2021

The service and courtesy were top notch. I highly recommend. Everyone I spoke to went over in detail all things related to the warranty. It be very clear and very quickly that I was speaking with a highly positive company.

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review. Our goal is to set you up for success each step along the way. We look forward to impressing you. Thanks for allowing us to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: July 6, 2021

She was excellent. She made sure I received and understood all the information that she had given. She also saved me 40+ dollars from my previous policy with a different company, because of her I will refer this company to my friends and family!

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for the lovely review. Toco looks forward to saving you all the money we can. Thank you for allowing us to serve and thank you for allowing us to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Excellent service getting me set up. My rep Daurie even went to research a question I had and called me back promptly with the answer. And for a only a few more dollars this policy covers parts my CarShield policy did not. Extremely useful. Looking forward to a long and helpful association with Toco.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for choosing Toco! Our customer satisfaction is the best in the business and we have the awards to prove it! We look forward to providing you an easy, affordable, and stress-free alternative to the frustrations of unexpected car repairs. Thank you for allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Nicole is awesome. My second time renewing with Nicole. She’s professional and knows her job. I will definitely recommend TOCO and ask for Nicole. I haven’t had to use TOCO, however, I feel confident that they will take care of my issues.

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My customer service experience was very nice! My agent Doren was very informative and helpful. She made understanding and signing up a breeze. I'm thrilled to know that my car is covered for most of the major issues. I feel secure knowing that I'm covered.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your kind words, your business, and your trust. We look forward to being your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Your agents are very nice and informative and are very committed to helping and making sure their customers are informed. The agent that was working with me actually called me back to check on me after a full weekend. Love it!

Toco Warranty response

Our commitment to your success is what makes Toco an award-winning organization for Customer service. Our team is genuinely committed to making sure that you are taken care of before, during, and after a breakdown. Thank you for being a part of the Toco family and allowing us to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Wouldn't cover anything. I was lied to from the beginning. I was a customer for three years before I tried using the service. Buyer beware. Toco is not to be dealt with or trusted. They have two different departments that handle the customer. One to take your money and the other to tell you that they don't honor anything.

Toco Warranty response

No one likes to feel lied to or taken advantage of, so this complaint is greatly concerning to us. Toco believes in honesty and transparency and is committed to honoring what we say. We have listened to the Sales call and can confirm that the contract was sold in accordance with the terms and conditions in the contract. Investigation on the claim shows that one complaint was on the seat belt (listed specifically under the "Exclusions" portion of the contract), and the other was on a sensor that is not listed, offered, or advertised as part of the coverage.

It is unfortunate that any claim is denied. To prevent misunderstandings or misconceptions, Toco:
    1.) Lists all contracts online for customers to review before purchase
    2.) Has strict compliance with the sale of the contract, including QA'd call recordings and a verification process highlighting all compliance points
    3.) Follows-up four days after the point of sale with an onboarding call to confirm that the customer received/understands the contract

4.) Provides a 60-day full refund period so that the customer can have enough time to familiarize themselves with the information.

We are always looking to improve, and open to any additional suggestions on how we can advertise more clearly.

It is unfortunate that this instance occurred, and Toco is sorry to lose such a longstanding customer.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Very helpful. Easy to understand. Everything was explained in detail. Pricing was appropriate for year and mileage. No down payment and terms were easy to follow. The time on phone was not long and I feel this is a good company to work with.

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to impressing you each step along the way.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I would like to give Ms. ** 5 plus ⭐️’s!!! When I say she went above and beyond it’s really an understatement. Holly LISTENED, and not only did she listen she was very thorough in her search! Since Holly did those 2 things she located ALL pertinent information that clearly matched what I’ve been telling all past reps! Holly was able to keep me as a satisfied customer. If you can see any other notes I was done with Toco!! So keep Holly or she’s going to Hollywood???? Thanks again Holly!!!

Toco Warranty response

What a fun and wonderful review to read. We are so happy to have you in the Toco family and we look forward to making sure that every experience is five stars! We appreciate the opportunity to serve. Thank you for allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The Specialist was very informative, courteous and professional, and flexible which is why I signed on with Toco. The coverage is comprehensive, a car warranty is a necessary thing to have in case of any major repairs, it will save me a lot of money. Thank you Toco.

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for joining the Toco family and for leaving such a nice review. Toco protection is better to have and not need than to need and not have. We look forward to protecting your car, your budget, and your life.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Esther was great, very informational and helpful. She made the whole process understandable and easy to get started! The benefits that come with coverage are very helpful. I hope I don't have to use my policy a lot but I'm glad to know that if I have to I have great coverage!

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review. We look forward to providing the coverage and benefits that keep you on the road. Thanks for allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: June 4, 2021

The customer service experience was excellent. She was detailed, precise, and fluent when it came to selling the product. She also gave me a good comparison. I love the fact that she was willing to sign me on immediately as far as getting me covered because I drive a lot and I want to be safe than sorry down the road.

Toco Warranty response

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. That's why having a Toco plan is the right move for your car, your family, and your wallet! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. We appreciate your review, your business, and your trust.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Toco Warranty and Nichole ** rock! I made the right call, to request their warranty services for my Chevrolet Tahoe. Thank you Toco Warranty Services and Nichole for all your help today. I won't bother calling anyone else today!

Toco Warranty response

You rock! We are excited to have you in the nest and we can't wait to impress you for years to come. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you.

Original review: May 29, 2021

Esther was great. She answered my questions completely and in sufficient detail to explain how the plan works. She was patient with all my questions and walked me through the process of getting my vehicle qualified. She did a great job!

Toco Warranty response

Welcome to the Toco family! We look forward to impressing you and making sure that you are taken great care of. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Customer service was excellent...my representative Daurie answered all my questions regarding my coverages and what I should expect when dealing with the claim process. Will recommend this coverage to friends and family and I also plan on adding additional vehicles to the policy in the near future.

Toco Warranty response

Thanks for sharing your experience and recommending us to others. We look forward to providing you countless referral bonuses as our way of saying thanks.

Original review: May 24, 2021

The sign up process was smooth and efficient. The coverage seems fair for the value. Have not had a chance to use the policy yet but I think it will be a straightforward process when the need arises. Recommended.

Toco Warranty response

Smooth and efficient is exactly how it should be! Thank you for allowing us to serve. We look forward to having you in the Toco family.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Excellent customer service provided by Dori. All explained about renewal in detail. Pleasant experience. This company was recommended to me by a friend who had a positive experience with them. I have been with them for three years and have nothing but good things to say.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for your long-tenured patronage. We appreciate the time you spend with us and we look forward to always impressing.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I wanted commend the service your agent had given me when signing up for my extended warranty. He was very knowledgeable regard any question that I had for him. He is a definite asset to your company. This is my first experience purchasing an extended warranty and your company seems like it was better than the other ones that I had reviewed which is why I went with you.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with our team. We look forward to being here for you during your time of need, or anytime for that matter.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Esther was attentive to my needs and explained everything completely. I felt very knowledgeable about what was covered and what was not. I didn’t feel like another customer, but more like I was talking with my neighbor. She was very sweet and patient and you’re lucky to have her be a part of your team!

Toco Warranty response

We know that each customer has a unique circumstance and a unique need. That is why Toco works hard to find the right fit to solve our customer's pain points. We appreciate the opportunity to serve, and we look forward to impressing you each step along the way.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Respectful and kind. They told me everything I need to know and how it’s going to work and what best suit me. I would recommend this to any and everyone that needs a good car warranty. Everyone go get Toco. It’s the best.

Original review: May 14, 2021

My agent Ms. ** was very courteous, friendly and very knowledgeable about all of components of your product and your policies. She was very straightforward and didn't mix her words. I appreciated the question and answer period very much and I know I will appreciate this product.

Toco Warranty response

We want to set you up for success! It is important to us that you have a great customer experience each step along the way. Thank you for allowing us to be your Trusted Repair Provider.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I’m very happy with the situation. I think she did a great job on explaining the whole situation to me. I will definitely recommend anyone that’s looking for a warranty to her. I like the fact that the coverage puts me in a room and reimburses me.

Toco Warranty response

Welcome to the Toco family! We look forward to being your Trusted Repair Coverage and impressing you each step along the way. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Very friendly and professional. He explained everything thoroughly. I will highly recommend this company to my friends and family that need an extended warranty. The warranty for my car is a great value compared to other companies that denied me. I had to have 150K miles or less in order to be covered at a decent price.

Toco Warranty response

Your recommendations are priceless... but we are willing to send you $50 for your referrals! Please make sure that your referrals reference you so that we can provide a great bonus to you. Thank you for joining the Toco family.

Toco Warranty Company Information