4.9/5 (86 ratings)

About Toco Warranty

Toco Warranty can help cover the cost of unexpected and frustrating car repairs. The company offers one contract with four levels of coverage — your level of coverage is determined by the miles on your vehicle’s odometer at the time the claim is submitted. The company lets you make monthly payments rather than pay upfront or put down a down payment. Toco Warranty also provides roadside assistance, car rental assistance and full concierge service.

Pros

• All plans administered in-house
  • Accepts vehicles with up to 200,000 miles
  • Coverage lasts until 250,000 miles
  • No-change pricing for contract life

Cons

• Must supply contact info for pricing
  • Plan level determined by vehicle mileage

Bottom Line

Toco Warranty is an online vehicle service contract provider that offers one plan with four levels of service that vary by the miles on your car’s odometer. The company offers coverage for newer and older cars, and you can use any licensed repair shop you choose.

Top Toco Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I've had Toco Warranty for about four years now. Their customer service is amazing. They are all kind, quick to respond and very knowledgeable. … The peace of mind afforded to me ...

Verified

I called to inquire about my TOCO warranty coverage. Representative Marco A. assisted me and made sure I received assistance with getting my car repaired. He was kind, friendly an...

What is Toco Warranty?

Toco Warranty is a vehicle service contract provider that offers comprehensive coverage for your vehicle to protect your finances if you have a breakdown. To sign up for Toco Warranty’s services, visit its website and fill out the online interest form, and Toco will provide you with a personalized quote.

With Toco, there are no long-term contracts or commitments. There’s no fee to cancel your contract, although the contract states the company does have that option. You can use any ASE-licensed mechanic with Toco.

Any plan purchased through Toco Warranty has a mandatory waiting period of 90 days from the date of purchase and 1,000 miles before coverage takes effect. Unlike many of its competitors, however, Toco matches your monthly payment to assist with any issues that arise during the waiting period instead of denying your claim.

Repairs are capped at the value of the vehicle when you make a claim, and there’s a lifetime repair cap of $15,000.

Toco Warranty coverage

Before signing up for Toco Warranty coverage, it’s important to understand what repairs Toco Warranty does and does not cover at each level. You can speak with a Toco representative to find out the specific details of what’s covered.

Toco Warranty offers one plan with four levels of coverage:

• The Orange level provides exclusionary coverage, which means your contract will list components that aren’t covered instead of those that are. This level is for vehicles with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim.
  • The Yellow level provides listed parts coverage for vehicles with less than 150,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim. It covers many of your vehicle’s components, including the engine, transmission, drive axle, turbo/supercharger, electrical components, fuel system and more.
  • The Blue level, which is available for cars with less than 200,000 miles on the odometer at the time of a claim, provides coverage for your powertrain and some basic systems that often need repairs. These systems include air conditioning, the fuel system and many electrical components.
  • The Green level is Toco Warranty’s most basic level, but you can enroll any car with less than 200,000 miles on the odometer and receive coverage until your car has reached 250,000 miles. It covers your engine, transmission, drive axle, four-wheel drive transfer case and turbo/supercharger. It also has hybrid vehicle options.

As with most vehicle service contract providers, newer cars are eligible for more comprehensive coverage. Visit Toco’s website to find out which coverage option fits your budget and vehicle — the company has sample contracts and sample payment plans.

Warranty benefits

Toco’s warranty plans include several benefits outside of vehicle coverage. These include the following:

• 24/7 roadside assistance: Toco gives you access to roadside assistance that can jump-start your car, change a flat tire, deliver fuel, send a locksmith or tow your car up to 15 miles.
  • Trip interruption coverage: If your vehicle has a covered breakdown more than 100 miles from your home, Toco helps with restaurant and hotel reimbursement if your car can’t be repaired within a day. It covers up to $100 a day (for both meals and lodging) for up to three days, with a $300 cap per breakdown.
  • Rental car benefits: If your vehicle has a breakdown covered by your contract with Toco, the company will pay or reimburse you to rent a car or use alternate transportation while your vehicle is being repaired. The company provides a maximum of $40 for every four hours of applicable labor time, the time required to complete an inspection or the time it takes to receive parts — with a maximum benefit of $200 per repair visit. No deductible is required for this benefit.
  • Hotel/motel discounts: Toco Warranty customers receive discounts on any stay booked through Hotels.com, and you can get a 5% rebate when you send the company your receipt.

Toco Warranty cost

Toco Warranty’s monthly prices vary based on your car’s age and mileage. To get an accurate estimate of your monthly coverage cost, visit Toco’s website and fill out the online interest form. You’re required to provide specific information about your vehicle, including the following:

• The make
  • The model
  • The year
  • The current mileage

If you choose to speak to a representative over the phone, you only need to provide your vehicle identification number (VIN).

After providing this information, you receive an accurate quote of your monthly payment. The company charges a $5 late payment fee if your account is past due over five days, but the fee may be waived at Toco’s discretion. Your contract will be canceled with no notification if you’re more than 15 days past due.

Toco Warranty FAQ

Where is Toco Warranty available?

Toco’s services are available in 46 states. The company’s services are not available in Alaska, California, Missouri and Washington.

Can I cancel my Toco Warranty?

Yes, you can cancel your Toco Warranty plan. While the company does not currently charge a fee to cancel, the contract states it does have the option to charge a cancellation fee.

Who owns Toco Warranty?

Toco Warranty is owned by the Toco Warranty Corp., which is located in West Hills, California.

Is Toco Warranty legit?

Toco is a solid choice if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty. The company keeps your decision simple by offering one plan with four levels of coverage and provides multiple benefits. You can also use any ASE-certified mechanic for repairs.

We recommend Toco Warranty’s services for vehicle owners searching for a comprehensive vehicle service contract with no down payment.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toco Warranty?

Original review: April 15, 2022

To whom it may concern. I am a firm believer in complaining when the service is no good and complimenting when the service is GOOD. I must say Travis was by far one of the best customer service reps I have ever dealt with. His professionalism was A-1... It's really rare these days that you feel like the person on the other end of the line really cares and goes the extra mile to try to get answers for you... Travis was the main reason. I didn't lose my cool throughout this process. Just seeing the effort, care and true professionalism he put into our phone calls was 2nd to none. I want to thank Travis one more time for all he did for me. It's much appreciated. If Toco had 10 Travis's this company would be golden.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed description of your interactions with Toco. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and we will make sure that Travis' managers and teammates hear about your wonderful praise. Thank you again.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

After a work week of business, bad customer service during lunchtime, crazy coworkers and supervisor demands, my representative, Sergio, was able to help me decompress, by helping me to remember that there are still good people in this world. He patiently explained every next step in the warranty application process, empathized with me when needed, provided me with awesome, unexpected options and above all, he listened! I felt valued throughout the entire process. If you have had the good fortune of having him care for your warranty needs in the past, consider yourself lucky. If you've never had a conversation with him before, but you happen to receive a call from him, you'll understand what I mean. Thanks Sergio.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for a wonderful review of our services and people. With all that is going on in the world, the best thing that we can do now is listen to each other with an open mind and an open heart. Everyone's situation is different and unique, so our mindset revolves around a people-first mentality. Sure selling a product is nice, but our mission is the improve the lives of those we touch.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

He was very pleasant and nice. He explained everything and even joked about his son. We even talked about our marriage and daughters and grandkids. I would recommend him to my friends and the company. He was very thorough.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience and for sharing your story. We are regular people looking to help others and be a force of good. Our belief is that unexpected and expensive car repairs cause grief, stress, and frustration. Our goal is to be the Easy, Affordable, and Stress-free solution to these issues and provide customers a partner in making sure that repairs are performed efficiently and effectively. Thank you for allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I talked to Omar ** today regarding my policy for my 2009 Malibu. He was very pleasant to talk to. I was told the good changes on my account with detail. I have been with Toco since 2018 and never had an issue. I want to thank Omar for reaching out and delivering the good news.

- Sedonia **

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are so excited to offer you the upgrade and we are certain that you are set up for success! Thank you again for your long-standing business, allowing Toco to be your Trusted Repair Coverage.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

This man Derrick… He has the gift of gab. :) He sold me a policy I didn’t think I need. But after careful consideration being a single mom in the world of the auto industry… If something does happen to my car… I wouldn’t be able to shell out a whole lot of money. I loved his customer service. He was nice and friendly and assisted me in every step of the way.

Toco Warranty response

We love Derrick! He does a great job of helping our customers determine if the coverage is a good fit, and it sounds like this is. Thank you for allowing us to help protect your car, your budget, and your family. We know that car repair costs are not pleasant to have to think about, but it's sure better to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are protected. We hope that you never go through the frustrations of a breakdown, but we will be there for you if you do. We appreciate you, your business, and your trust.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I was returning voicemail I had from earlier today and spoke with Dauria that I am still trying to reach mechanic to have car worked on and I will call back in couple days. She was very understanding and helpful!!

Toco Warranty response

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and we are here if you need us.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Just accommodated my needs, very friendly, very compassionate and understanding of late payment arrangements made my Satisfaction. I would recommend Toco to friends and family in the near future. I am very satisfied with this company and the quality of service.

Toco Warranty response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your story. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and provide our "Best in class" service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Holly ** straightened out a bill I had already paid. Pep Boys padded the bill and she made them give me my money back. Also, I was charged interest and my state doesn't have to pay that. Also, she followed up with me to see if I was happy and justice was done.

Toco Warranty response

We know that mechanics like to upsell and overcharge, which is why it is so important to have a warranty company on your side! Thank you for allowing us to do what we do best, Protect our customers.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

She updated my information. Still had old card and experience the road service I have with your company. Give her 10 stars. Also sending to my e-mail my new card. I still had old card in wallet So now if need road service just call Toco. This is Great.

Toco Warranty response

10 stars! Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and letting us know that we are doing great. We appreciate the opportunity to be your trusted repair coverage.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Wendy is the best! She took time to listen, she was very professional. Wendy is the kind of employee a company needs representing them. She returned follow up calls, Wendy has the sincere passion for her job. She went above and beyond her call of duty!

Toco Warranty response

We think she is pretty great too (and you're not so bad yourself). Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve. We appreciate your business, your review, and your trust. We look forward to serving.

Toco Warranty Company Information