Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

BOTTOM LINE

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

PROS

• Affordable plans
    • Covers older vehicles
    • Direct provider
    • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Doesn't cover high mileage vehicles
    • Inconvenient quote process

Top Delta Auto Protect Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Great service! Friendly guys on the phones! Always willing to help out when there's a problem. [The rep] was amazing and did everything he could to help me straighten things out with my car, which I love more than anything. Thank you guys!

Buying a warranty is not an easy job but the rep managed everything professionally and satisfied me. He made my day and it turned out to be the great choice. I would definitely recommend my friends and family members to buy warranty for vehicles from Delta Auto Protect.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Delta Auto Protect cost

Delta Auto Protect’s extended auto warranties come at an affordable cost. Delta Auto Protect pricing is usually about 2 cents per mile, but costs will vary depending on the car. The mileage, year, make and model of the car are all important factors in determining your price. Delta Auto Protect also offers price matching, so if you find a lower price from their competitor, you can let them know and they’ll match it. Delta Auto Protect’s 24-month payment plans allow customers two years to pay off their extended auto warranties.

For the most accurate idea of how much a Delta Auto Protect extended auto warranty will cost, it’s best to call the company directly for a quote or submit the necessary information online at Delta Auto Protect’s website. One drawback of Delta Auto Protect’s quote process is that quotes expire quickly, sometimes in just a few hours. This is not ideal for customers wishing to take a longer time to consider whether a quote and suggested plan are right for them.

Down payments vary according to plan, but an average down payment is $100. Delta Auto Protect also has plans available with no deductible. This is a rare feature among extended auto warranty companies. Delta Auto Protect’s 30-day money back guarantee lets customers cancel their extended auto warranty if they decide it’s not right for them. It’s only available if they haven’t yet made a claim, however.

Delta Auto Protect plans

Delta Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Sample contracts are available on Delta Auto Protect’s website. Diamond is the most basic plan. Diamond Plus offers moderate coverage. Diamond Premier is the plan closest to exclusionary coverage.

Diamond
      • GPS navigation
      • AC
      • Fuel system

Delta Auto Protect coverage

Delta Auto Protect is a direct extended auto warranty provider. Their extended auto warranties offer coverage for up to eight years and can cover vehicles up to 20 years old. The company does not, however, cover vehicles with over 140,000 miles on them.

Delta Auto Protect has solid reimbursement policies. Rental car reimbursement provides customers with up to $65 per day for up to four days. That’s a total of $260. Most other extended auto warranties only provide reimbursement of $30 a day, which cannot cover the cost of most rental cars.

Every Delta Auto Protect warranty includes 24/7/365 roadside assistance services. This includes any issues you may have if you run out of gas, have a dead battery, need a locksmith or need your car towed to the nearest ASE-certified repair shop. All repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Delta Auto Protect has ASE-certified representatives on staff to help facilitate discussions.

Is Delta Auto Protect worth it?

Delta Auto Protect is well worth it if you are looking for a good deal on an extended auto warranty. The fact that they are a direct dealer means it will be easier to submit claims and resolve disputes. Their practice of price matching supports their already affordable prices, and deductible-free plans guarantee peace of mind when your car needs repairs. These unique features make Delta Auto Protect stand out among other extended auto warranty companies.

Delta Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I filed claim for the transmission of my 2014 Jaguar. The rep seemed to be on training because he handled the case very unprofessionally. He just noted my contract number and hung up saying he would get back to me after 5 minutes. But I waited for half an hour but no response. I called again but this line the rep who responded me was a gem. He was polite and cooperative. He approved the claim and instructed me to take my car to the certified dealer and told me he would take care of the rest. He proved his words and I did not face any issue after that. I think it’s your luck that you get on the phone when you call. A good rep would relieve your worry and would give you peace of mind. And an untrained rep would piss you off.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from Delta 2 years ago and filed a claim for the 2012 ML 350. Two months after buying the warranty the accelerator or a pedal sensor of the car got shot and I filed the claim. I was relieved that I got it covered. I called Delta and requested them to have it towed to the repair center because it lost all the power. They told me they will get back to me after a couple of minutes. But I had to wait for an hour. The car was towed and repaired. But next month I noticed $ 120 were deducted By Delta instead of $ 100. I called them to ask why this happened and they told me it was for towing services. I told them my plan covers towing as free service and fax them a copy of my contract. They apologized and promised to rectify the mistake and they did it after 1 week.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

The factory warranty on my Cadillac expired and I was in dire need of buying extended warranty so that if something goes wrong in my car it is covered by the warranty contract. Delta was recommended to me by my friend who purchased a plan from Delta 5 months ago and he was very satisfied with that. I was skeptical about the company because the rates were lower than other competitors but the coverage was more. But when I filed my first claim it went like a breeze. I was not expecting such a great customer service that to at the midnight. I called them at midnight that my car got jammed completely at the highway and they sent the assistance right away. I would recommend this company to the world.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

It was a difficult decision for me to buy an extended warranty after the factory warranty expired on my car. I have been using the same car since 8 years and it is in the best condition because I love this car and I take care of her like a child. This is the most expensive gift I have ever received from my parents when I graduated from university and I plan to keep it forever until it stops running.

So initially, I was confused between two big names but when I discussed it with my friends and family they warned me not to buy from them as they had had bad experiences with both of the companies. The rates were higher and claim processing ratio was low. I started to shop around on internet and signed up with Delta because only this company had three simple plans and rates were also affordable. The price quoted by its rep was almost half of what other companies were charging for bumper-to-bumper coverage. It was amazing. I purchased a diamond plus plan and still using the same plan as it covers 100% with just $ 115 monthly deductible. It's been 3 years since I have been with Delta and plan to stay with it forever. I get the best value from Delta on my money.

Original review: July 30, 2019

A very close friend referred me to Delta. I was a first time car owner and did not know much about car repairs and other expenses. I am an artist so the technicalities are not my kinda things. So, he suggested me to buy a warranty for my BMW S1 to be on the safe side because it was a second hand car which already covered almost 90,000 miles. So, warranty was a must. I purchased a premier plan on recommendations of the rep. He told me that warranty would actually start after 1 month of buying and covering further 1000 k miles.

That was kinda disappointing because I don't travel much so 1000 miles in one month was a big deal for me. I was almost turned off. I talked to my friend and he told me it's a policy and all other warranty providers follow it. He took my car for his road trip to another city and completed 1000k miles in just a week. It has been a year now so far just made one small claim for dead battery which was authorized without bumps.

Original review: May 28, 2020

After 6 months of seeking reimbursement for repairs done on my car, I encountered countless delays and lies from Delta Auto Protect. I needed a water pump replaced, which is allegedly covered by their contract, but Delta refused to reimburse me, while presenting me with a series of false reasons to deny my claim. Delta Auto Protect is the closest thing to a criminal enterprise that I've ever encountered! The BBB stated that they are overwhelmed by the number of claims against Delta Auto Protect!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I purchased Diamond Plus extended warranty for my Audi A6 in 2017. I need repairs done now in 2020 due to the life of my car. I have called Delta Auto Protect a minimum of 8 times in the last 2 weeks. I have been on hold for 45 mins at a time, with no response. I have emailed/left messages but I haven't heard back from anyone. I don't know what to do. I have spent $3000 on extended warranty and nobody is calling me back. I don't know what to do, except to believe I have been scammed. Please don't buy service from them!

Original review: May 18, 2020

l took out a warranty on my Mercedes, had it for 6 months at 500.00 down 147.00 a month, bad reviews took 4 days, and 3hr, 53min to cancel, then l was told, l'd had to call another department. Don't waste your money, keep calling, can't get any one!!!!

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have two warranties with this company. One is on an F250 and the other is on an F350. A few months back the F250 was in the shop and the shop could not get ahold of them to discuss repairs. It was only after I copied Aaron on an email to my attorney that he called me back and promised that they would pay that day, as my vehicle was ready. They did not pay the shop for another month and a half; after I called again and demanded payment be made.

Now, my F350 is in the shop. It has been there for two weeks. The shop cannot get ahold of anyone at Delta Auto Protect. When I call I got "this number is out of service." I then emailed Aaron and he has not responded, it has been a week. I tried calling today, the first phone call was answered and immediately disconnected, the second time back I got a busy signal and the third time calling, I got music and was on hold for 53 minutes and then an automated recording came on for me to leave a message. I was in the middle of leaving a message when the call disconnected.

I am now turning this over to my attorney. I will get my vehicle repairs paid for or I will sue them for a breach of contract. This place is a joke. They make all kinds of promises and are really good to you until you pay and the 30 day refund period expires and then you can't get anyone on the phone.

Don't waste your time or money on this company.

Melanie

Original review: March 31, 2020

I bought my extended warranty less than one year ago. After reviewing the warranty, I determined that the warranty did not cover the electronics that I most wanted addressed. I tried to contact the company to make certain I was reading the warranty correctly. The only response I received was "just read the warranty." I decided to cancel the warranty within the guidelines as expressed in the warranty. I have written three letters (2 postal and 1 email), and have yet to receive any response. All telephone calls I have made, ten over the last two months, have all gone to voice mail with no return calls. Based on reviews I have read, it appears this is a scam operation. I will be referring the company to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office.

Delta Auto Protect author review by Lauren Fix

Delta Auto Protect has three plans that range from basic to comprehensive. Several customer reviews mention the quote process is frustrating because quotes expire, sometimes within a few hours, but the company still has some of the lowest prices around. The company has a 30-day money-back guarantee.

• Cost: Delta Auto Protect’s basic plan costs about 2 cents per mile of coverage. That means a plan with coverage for 36,000 miles comes in at about $720.

• Plans: Delta Auto Protect has three plans: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Diamond offers basic coverage and Diamond Premier offers the closest to exclusionary coverage.

• Benefits: Delta Auto Protect has rental car reimbursement of $65 per day for up to four days. It also offers 24/7 roadside assistance.

• Standout feature: Delta Auto Protect’s price-match guarantee means customers benefit from price comparison shopping.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information