Call toll free
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

1471 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: March 24, 2019

Excellent service. Amazing worth for the buck. They don't skin you alive with the deductible payment like many other companies do. And they are always ready to help. Whatever the issue I had was, they always tried to make the most of it and help out. 5 stars from me.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have had a Delta warranty plan for almost a year now. Never had any problems, so I was starting to think maybe I should not extend it for another year. Two weeks ago, an engine warning light came on, but the car still ran fine, so I said I can ignore it for a while and see what happens. Last Tuesday I went into the garage to start the car and go to work and... well, nothing. Engine not turning, that light on, and everything dead. No sound no nothing. Called Delta and explained the situation. It was 7 in the morning, so it took them about an hour to find someone to come over. I left for work and asked my wife to let the guy check the car. I got a call later that day from Delta, telling me the mechanic had checked the car, but the issue was not something he could sort in my garage and that he is about to tow the car to a repair shop, and they were asking for my ok to do so. I of course agreed.

The next morning, I got a cal, from the repair shop. On the other end was Dan, one of the mechanics let me know that it is a crankshaft sensor issue, and while the cost of the part was not that high, getting to it to replace it was going to take some labour cost. He wanted to let me know that he was going to call Delta and ask for a confirmation of the repair. Half an hour later, a rep from Delta called to let me know that they would cover the issue and have the car repaired. Today is Sunday, and I just got a call from Delta letting me know that the car has been repaired and they have already cleared the payment, so I can pick it up at my own convenience from the repair shop. And all I had to pay in excess is $112. I tell you, people, worth every penny. I'm one happy bird.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Nothing much more to say. They are exactly what they say they are. A company to rely on when the going gets tough with your car. And it was tough lately, but it all worked out with their help. I had 3 different issue in the past 4 months, and they were all taken care of. I had to pay a deductible every time, but it was more than decent. Happy customer here. Keep it up, guys. Thank you, Aaron!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I had been looking around for a warranty for my used Toyota when I came across Delta and requested a free quote from their website. I was happy with the quote. I took out the warranty. When my car stopped working one morning, I called them. They sent a truck to my house within the hour. Thank you Delta Auto! I think I finally found the right one!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have had a positive experience with this company. From sales to claim reps and finance, they were all friendly and did their best to help. Also, the package covers most normal car issues making it a very good choice, especially for used cars. If you want to take advantage of the best premium, under 100K miles is where you would need to be. I love them. Not going anywhere else in the near future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: March 24, 2019

I run a small fleet of limos in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada and I cannot do without an extended warranty plan for my cars. I went with Delta because of the small premiums and their excellent service. My brother Joe uses them for his family cars and encouraged me to go ahead and sign with them. I have not had one bad experience with them up to date, they keep their promises and if you can read English the terms of the contract are very clear. It's supposed to be an extended warranty, not overall insurance, so of course, there will be terms. But it has saved me a lot of money in running operation repairs and a lot of downtimes with the roadside assistance pack.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Hey guys, good job! Your extended warranty plan got me out of sooo much trouble with my van. First the tire, then the electrical problems. You were there for me each and every time. I don't know what I would have done if I had to fully pay for all of these. Love it!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I'm on my third insurance company and my third second-hand car. I can tell you they all have flaws, some of them to the point where you feel you're just being scammed. My Delta experience is by far the best up to date. My current car is shared with my wife, so it packs a lot of punches (no misogynism intended). I've had two incidents, a blown tire in the middle of highway 6 and a more serious one related to the transmission. Both were addressed as I expected and in comparison to previous companies, the amount I had to pay was not ridiculous. The contractor tow-truck driver, Jerry, was super nice and said he had a good working relationship with Delta, as he is a one-man business. The person I spoke to on the phone from Delta sounded sincere, feeling sorry for the trouble I had. It kind of felt like calling a friend and asking for a hand. I like this company. Makes me and my wife feel safe, whatever the situation is.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Delta Auto Protect has been the best option for me so far in terms of maintaining my car and getting additional services like roadside assistance. I am most impressed by their customer service. They’ve been extremely friend and more than responsive in times of “crisis” for me. This service makes it easy for me to feel confident when I’m driving, especially on long road trips. A few weeks ago, my family and I went on a road trip and ended up on the side of the road with hazard lights on. We weren’t sure what happened with the car but we were able to get roadside assistance through our warranty and the car was up and running in a little while. We were thrilled that this emergency service cost us so little but made such a big impact on our trip. I am very pleased and hoping for future positive experiences with this company.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I will never change my extended warranty for my car, Delta is the way to go, for me at least. They have always been prompt and fair, explaining the reasons behind me having to pay an excess sometimes. I've had three separate incidents, one involving me being stupid and running out of gas, one where my ABS light went on in the dashboard and had to have my break-pads replaced on my rear axle and one where my gearbox would not shift correctly. In all three cases, they took care of me, and in the end, in total for all these I paid an excess of $87.00, and I even got a rental for the last one, as my car had to be in the shop for almost a week, waiting for the part to be delivered. I think that's a pretty fine deal. What I'm a bit annoyed with is the fact that my car is just over 100K and it's been having all these issues. I would have been bankrupt if I hadn't opted for an extended warranty with Delta. Worth it!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Had an overheating issue a couple of days ago. Called Delta and they had a tow truck sent under half an hour. The car was taken to the repair shop and they offered me a rental for the downtime. In the end, I only had to pay a small deductible excess. Could it have been better? Yes, maybe a bit shorter wait on the phone line to get to a rep, but all together, it was 40 minutes to have a tow truck at my location from the moment my car broke down. Overall, good experience.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My name is Lashawn **, I purchased a warranty for my vehicle in Nov. 2018. I paid 1500.00 for the warranty, I felt relieved that I had coverage. In Jan, my car had a leak in the sunroof, I knew repair wouldn’t be covered, no big deal, but what I didn’t know and didn’t expect, was the unprofessionalism, lack of customer service and down right rudeness from the customer service representatives. I was repeatedly hung up on, left on hold for hours and talked down to. I cancelled the warranty on 1/10/2019, I was told I would receive a prorated refund in the amount of 1083.00. It is now 3/14/2019, I haven’t received anything.

I have called Delta several times and spoke to Aaron **, Aaron identifies himself as a Manager. Each time I speak to Aaron, I’m giving different dates that the check was mailed, I was told the check went to the incorrect address etc... I have been giving tracking #’s that have no movement. It’s unbelievable that this company is in business. Do yourself a favor and read the BBB and Elliott Advocacy if you are thinking of purchasing a warranty through this company.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Good deal good price. Happy with the extended coverage. Been looking for something reasonable and all the ones I talked to wanted too much money. I would have saved money if I paid out of my own pocket. Glad I didn’t quit looking. Thanks for the full coverage. If I should ever need it I will see how good you are.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Waiting 3 months for them to pay on a repair they approved. They are great at making excuses, and you will wait forever to get them on the phone. Average waiting time to get through on phone has been 25 to 30 minutes, every day for 3 months. Don't bother leaving messages, they will not call you back. Go elsewhere.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Delta Auto Protect has the lowest deductible around. It was the only thing I was responsible for paying, when my Camry stalled on the freeway. Something about the crankshaft sensor. Delta Auto arranged for me to be towed and had someone out in an hour's time. They also arranged for me to have a rental while my Camry was being fixed. This is a company that I definitely have no problem recommending to others.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My ESP is **. I cancelled my policy on 12/18/2018 and was told will get my refund within 30 business days. Called them back and talked to Robert on 2/26/19 who verified my address and was told I would get my refund on 3/8/19. Today again called 3/12/2019 and Maria told that it was sent to the wrong address. Due to the bad reviews I had the gut feeling that they play these tricks and that's why I checked my address with Robert on 2/26/2019. Now I am being told that I will get by the end of this month. I will lower my rating if I don't receive and take up the matter legally.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am so glad I purchased my extended auto warranty from Delta. Two weeks ago I broke down in the middle of rush hour traffic. Needless to say it was so frustrating just to get my car to shoulder. I called customer service who quickly helped me get a tow to the repair shop. I was pleasantly surprised by the rental car provided during repairs. I did not realize it was included on my warranty. The car needed a new transmission. The total was so expensive but, thankfully, I only had to pay my deductible. So happy with your fast and friendly service. I will definitely recommend to everyone I know!

Original review: March 11, 2019

When I used my Delta Auto warranty, I was stuck in the store parking lot. They sent for a tow truck and he was not able to jump the car, so it was towed to a shop. They got me a rental car for while I mine is in the shop. When all finished, I paid my deductible and left. That was easy.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Don't answer calls, don't return calls, don't authorize claims, and don't pay for claims. Have been after these guys for 3 weeks trying to get authorization for a customer's vehicle. Here we are 3 weeks later, my customer still doesn't have her car, and I still don't have authorization to repair the vehicle. Meanwhile the car is accruing storage charges now. This company is a joke, stay far away.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I didn’t really know a lot about cars etc but I had never had to pull over on side of road due to my car overheating and had to put antifreeze or water into it, and had to wait for it to cool down my engine before starting it up again. But I had to call a tow truck to come and tow my car to the nearest shop cause my car would not start back up after it had water or antifreeze in it to make it cool down but not sure what else is wrong with it, overheated, put antifreeze etc. So car won’t start and with auto protection I only had to pay the minimal deductible, and also thanks to Delta, I was so stressed about all this with my car but felt less stressful than I could’ve been... Thank you!

Original review: March 6, 2019

DO NOT PURCHASE WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY, PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY. THIS COMPANY LIES SO MUCH!!! I submitted a claim for the replacement of the front left wheel bearings. One of the staffs told me that the claim would be processed within 24 to 48 hours. Then I started calling after 3rd day and everyone kept saying the claim is under review and would be surprised if it takes longer than 24 hours. I kept calling them every day and they kept telling me that the claim is under review and will take another 24 hours to review. The same story by every representative. During this time they kept holding my call for more than an hour and line was disconnected. SO MUCH IRRITATING!!!

Then almost after 10 days, one guy picked up my phone and kept on hold for about 2-3 minutes and replied me that the claim was declined. When I asked the reason, the guy told me that the Axle wheel bearing was not the issue. My invoice clearly mentions that the the front axle wheel bearings with hub was changed and it is fully covered under my warranty. But the guy told me their technician declined arguing that only bearing nuts were changed. He tried to make me full. Seems that he even does not know the difference. They have bought technician and make a story to lie. THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT COVERING ANYTHING.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased a extended warranty with the agreement that I could get a pro rated refund if I sold the vehicle. I called and canceled my policy on January 8th and as of March 3rd I have not received my refund. At this point I have serious doubt this is a legit company and wonder if I ever had a legitimate extended warranty.

Original review: March 3, 2019

When I did some research, Delta Auto was the best warranty company that popped up. I had a good experience talking to their staff. They were great. They helped me and they explained the different options and what's best for me and my car. Payment was very easy, too. I decided what I wanted and I didn’t have the money that day, but then, we set up a payment plan for the day I got paid and it just came up. Delta is very reliable you won't be disappointed. Thanks.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Delta Auto Protect saved the day! When my motor blew up due to a faulty oil-pan, DAP had my car towed to the shop and covered all of the costs to repair it. All I had to pay was my deductible, which was a lot less than the cost of a new motor. I don't know what I would have done without my Delta Auto Protect policy.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a covered tire issue on the included wheel and tire coverage. When I could get through on the phone there is always another excuse why they have not sent reimbursement. They don't deny it's covered - "But oh let me find your receipt again." "Oh let me upload it." "Oh we need to reissue the check due to a system glitch."

Original review: March 1, 2019

The experience has been terrible. While buying the warranty they gave me car wash coupon to be able to get up to $100 worth of car wash reimbursed within the first year of contract. I submitted the receipts for all of my car washes within one year and I have not heard back anything from them. I tried calling them almost 50 times now but nobody picks up the call and they do not even reply to the voicemails. Same thing happened with one of my car repairs. They did not pay for 7 months and even after that they only paid half. Please refrain from getting this car warranty.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had nothing but a great experience with Delta Auto Protect. I blew my tire on the highway and gave Delta a call. They were speedy and had the tow truck come within 30 minutes of me calling. Only thing I had to worry about was a small deductible and I got my car home in no time. They offered a rental for the meantime but I didn’t need it. All I can say is thank you to Delta Auto. A tremendous experience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Delta has a great warranty. I had to use it when my car had engine trouble recently. I was stuck on the side of the road, so they sent a tow truck and ordered a rental car too. Since the engine was smoking, I knew it would be in the garage for a bit. The next week it was ready and I had to pay only my deductible. That saved me a lot of money. Thank you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

As soon as I wanted to file a claim they were not only hard to reach (excessive hold times and hang ups), they decided to cancel my policy instead of providing the warranty service on my vehicle. This place is a joke, they've taken thousands of dollars of my money over the course of a couple years and provided absolutely no help. I don't know how the attorney general allows them to still do business in the state of Pennsylvania. It's a disgrace!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Delta Auto Protect extended warranty is the best company and has the best customer service. In these days of 24 hours a day customer service, it is so great to have this type of customer service support nowadays. When my car had a problem while going to my work I talked to customer service for help. They sent a tow truck and got me a rental while my car was in the shop. Thanks!

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Choose from multiple tiers of coverage, all of which come with a price match guarantee. The company is a direct provider of extended warranty coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information