Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 154 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

1009 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Ryan was very customer service oriented. Each time I would call with a question or concern, he was "Johnny On The Spot" to help me in any way he could. There were some things that I could not complete on the application process (such as sending odometer) and he was there with a text number so I could take the picture and text it to him. He has done an outstanding job when I needed anything. Hope I get the same treatment from everyone else.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Appreciate Jason working with me and providing a detailed breakout of the repair costs and next steps. Prompt follow up with me and the shop as well was much appreciated. ALSO, he called back to confirm everything was handled correctly and if I had any questions. Top notch! Thanks Delta!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My experience working with Jason ** " only" was great. After speaking with many different reps. Jason took care of me within a matter of minutes. He did exactly what he said he was going to do. Thank you Jason **!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Jason was such an advocate for us! We took our SRX in for CEL. Jason was there from start to finish. Gave his email & fax to make sure invoice was received so bill could be paid. He always answered any questions we had. This is our first time using our Delta Protect ESP and like everyone we were a little nervous! So far we are thrilled, thank you Jason!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

This warranty service is awful. They sold it as having the same coverage as the manufacture warranty but they deny coverage to just about everything unless explicitly stated in the contract. Even if it is something that is covered they deny it until you complain enough that they have to accept it. Once accepted they do not cover the full parts/labor cost charged by the dealer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

This was the first time I had to use the ESP I purchased in April 2017 and after obtaining the necessary documentation from the dealer's service center my claim was approved in full. I'm very pleased with the help I received from Aaron, David and Jim. They did exactly what they promised they would and were really nice to deal with. When Aaron called me to tell me he had approval of my claim and to schedule the repair I was thrilled I had made the right decision to purchase an ESP from Delta. I hope I don't need to use it too often but it's reassuring to know they stand behind their contracts and provide great customer support.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Mr Aaron ** has provided his utmost assistance for us to get the reimbursement for our car repair. There was a wait to get the Order Number from Delta. But when Mr ** stepped in, the process for the repair and the reimbursement for the repair was expedited. Delta is highly recommended for extended auto warranty.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My representative Aaron with Delta Auto Warranty Program was very helpful in solving my concerns for my Baptist Church at Ebenezer Church Bus. The bus is a 2012 Chevrolet chassis (VIN: **). I cannot thank Aaron enough for the quick response and resolve of my concerns for the maintenance needed on our church bus. Our kids love to go places and this bus is needed. Thanks again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was very satisfied with the service from one of the representative of your company (Mr Aaron); after digging for the best company for months finally I made the right decision. Chosen Delta Auto Protect; thank you so much for your prompt help in my case. I'm highly recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Over a month ago, our family owned small business completed over $1,100 of repairs for one of our customers, who was also a customer of Delta Auto Protect. We received a prior authorization on the work to be performed and completed the work within the scope of the approved estimate and to the customer's satisfaction. To date, we have yet to receive payment from this warranty company. We have faxed, call and sent messages. All calls go to answering service... you simply cannot get through to a company representative and they won't call you back. This is a fraudulent company that does not stand behind the work they approve of and does not remit payment, leaving small business owners such as myself with a significant liability.

Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2018

I had initially hit a bump in their system of getting my claim covered, but then Jason and Kirk stepped into the mix and everything was then handled smoothly. They sincerely apologized for the hiccup I experienced and promised me personal attention.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

This company is a total fraud. I purchased their $2,000 top Diamond auto warranty plan. They sound so nice when selling you something... but they do not back it up when you have a claim. I have an approved claim by them that they wanted to save some money and send out their own replacement part to my car dealership where getting my car fixed. They 'supposedly' say they shipped the part over 4 weeks ago, but my dealership never received it. I have called in to them over 4 times in the past month asking them what is the problem. They 'swear' they shipped the part but NO ONE there can provide me with a tracking number of the shipment that supposedly went out. Each time I call I am put on hold for over an hour, where I then have to hang up and call back again. They will then answer when you call back, but then put you on hold again forever.

I truly believe their tactic is just to have you get so fed up with them that you just give up trying. I'm on hold right now for the 4th time today! They just told me that the reason my item wasn't delivered was my car dealership refused the shipment. What???? I called my car dealership and got them on the line with me. They never refused any shipment. I then asked Delta Auto Protect if they had proof that the shipment was refused... of course we do he said. I said, "Well... I should be able to verify this very quickly if you just give me the tracking#." Gee guess what. Back on hold for over an hour and 2 more phone calls and no one will talk to me. No one will give me a tracking# because the item was never shipped!!! But they won't approve letting the car dealership use their own part. They must wait for the shipment that never went out!!! This place is a TOTAL FRAUD!!! Do not waste your money on this company. You will regret it!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I called and reached Aaron ** in the Claims Department. I had a question regarding if Delta Auto Protect sent out "warranty cards". Aaron informed me that although DAP does not, that he would send me a hard copy of my Warranty Contract to place in my glove compartment. He also stated that if in the future I had to file a claim for repairs, that I could reach out to him directly. He sent me an email with his direct contact information which I immediately stored in my Contacts. Aaron was friendly, professional and very helpful regarding my inquiry, and also asked me if there was anything else I needed. He truly appears to be an asset to DAP.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Very good experience purchasing the warranty and Sam was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was very precise about the coverages and had the answers to my follow up questions thus making my choice an easy one. I will definitely recommend my friends and family.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I cancelled my policy over 3 months ago, and they have not sent my refund check yet. I have called them several times, and they give me the same excuses I have seen in other reviews about people with the same problem trying to get money back from them. The wrong zip code seems to be their favorite excuse. Yes, their salespeople are very nice. The problem comes when it is time for them to actually pay for something. Get your warranty with a different company. I give them 1 star.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I really enjoyed dealing with Mr. Eric **. He was informative and answered my questions. He did not pressure me and I appreciate this type of discourse. He went over the plans and helped me to get the best plan that fit my needs.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Sam was a good salesman. He did what it took to earn my business. Not pushy either. I like that. Hopefully I won't have to use this but he will be my personal contact if I do. Lots of companies out there to choose from but this seems to be the best fit for me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Had pre-authorized repair in Oct but dealership had not been paid. Both the dealership and I tried to get payment from Delta Auto Protect. Left several messages for return calls and when I got through one employee promised to remedy the situation. Finally the dealership called me and demanded I pay the repairs and deal with Delta Auto Protect myself. Posted a complaint on BBB today and within 30 minutes a supervisor was called me and said they would reimburse me the cost I paid out. Said they have been having communications problems with their answering service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I found Delta Auto Protect online. Alex was very helpful and make me feel confident in my extended warranty purchase. I am very satisfied with the price and the coverage offered. I feel a lot better knowing that my BMW is covered after my CPO warranty ends.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Excellent experience and knowledge about product. Recommended to others the very next day. Bought a second policy for another car. Looking forward to the peace of mind for any future auto repairs that will be needed. LOVE THE PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I would like to take a minute and thank Eric ** for his help today in getting me into an extended vehicle protection plan. Eric was great to deal with, and very knowledgeable on the Delta Product. I did not feel like I was being pushed to purchase the Delta plan as I had when I spoke with other protection plan representatives from your competition. Keep up the good work Eric **!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased a warranty through Delta auto protect 3 years ago. I bought the Diamond Premier policy. I have used the warranty 5 or 6 times since and I am very pleased with it. I had a starter that went bad, an alternator problem, a window motor, and most recently my trunk release. I would rate the policy a "5" and will purchase another on my wife's truck. Good product!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I work at a dealership, Delta will not pay for diagnosing vehicle or a rental while we wait for them to ship a replacement part rather than buying from us. Any customer looking for a third party warranty will be advised what a shady company this is. I wish I could give them zero stars.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

When I tried to call to see if I needed to take my car to a special shop since it’s a Range Rover, I could not get anyone to respond. Gave up and took it to a Land Rover Dealership. They got approval for the work to be done. Now they can’t get payment from Delta. They have threatened to send me the bill if DELTA DOESN’T PAY THE CLAIM!!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Several months ago I paid $6350 for an extended warranty coverage for my car. My car broke nearly 3 months ago and was towed to the dealership for repairs. The diagnosis and an estimate was sent to Delta Auto Protect for a review and authorization by the service advisor. He called me in about two weeks just to tell me that Delta has not responded yet. After numerous phone calls by me and the service advisor for service authorization, they only authorized part of the repair and one third of the labor required to finish the first part of the necessary repairs.

They stated that the second part of the repair included a component that was clearly stated in my contract as a non-covered item. That was proven to be incorrect and an absolute false statement. Delta Auto Protect is running a dishonest business with representatives who make false statements and empty promises, Quick to take your money and extremely tight to let it go and spend it when you need them. Do Not waste your time and money with this company. I learned it the hard way but you don’t have to.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

It was great. The people was very helpful in getting my truck on the way of being fixed in a timely matter. I will tell everyone that I know about Delta Auto Protect. I will continue to be with Delta Auto Protect until I die (lol). They have good rates and good people.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

It is very hard to get to talk the claims representative, and there will minimum 40 mins. hold to talk to claims, they say they will call us back, but they never do, you call again. They say they will talk to serviceman directly, they won't do, after calling them for more than a month, we will be told nothing is covered. Any engine repair they say it is covered only during complete rebuilt.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2017

I recently had a repair done on my auto that was covered by my warranty. Delta Auto paid the bill in full.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Wednesday November 15, 2017 I had a car repair done on my car. This is the first time I used my warranty since I purchased the policy in November of 2016. I've paid $1,400 of a $1,800 policy. My ESP# is **. The cost of my repair is $536.00, of which I paid my $100.00 deductible. The repair shop tried for 3 days to contact Delta Auto to have them pay the repair, which they authorized prior to the work starting (authorization number is **). Delta Auto has not returned the calls for payment. Now I have been left to pay a bill that is supposed to be covered. I am also out of the $1,400 that I have already paid Delta Auto Protect.

I would like all of my money back from them. I researched them as much as I could before I bought them. There wasn't much of anything on the BBB website at that time. Since I originally found them through the ConsumerAffairs' site, I thought they were respectful. I see that I was wrong. I will also be making a complaint to the Attorney General's office in PA as well as here in NY. I will also put a complaint on the BBB website so that others checking will be warned.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I own and operate an auto repair shop in Houston, Texas that has been in business since 1968. In all the years that I have dealt with extended warranty companies on behalf of my customers, I have never had a more disgusting experience with any extended warranty company than I have had with Delta Auto Protect.

I entered a claim for my customer with Delta Auto Protect which they approved for far less than what was necessary to complete the job. That aside, I was told that once the repair work was completed and I sent in the invoice to them that I would be paid via credit card within 48 hours. I have called countless times and have been repeatedly been told to resend the invoice, which I have four times (3 via fax and 1 via email). I have been told that finance department had a software problem and my invoice was lost. I have been told that a check is being issued, I have been told that I would be called the next day by the finance dept to issue me a credit card payment. I am constantly put on hold and eventually the call goes to voicemail and I have left countless messages.

I have not been paid for my portion of the work as of today which is over 2 weeks. I have been lied to repeatedly from just about every employee I have spoken with regarding my reimbursement. Again, I deal with dozens of warranty companies every month and have never dealt with a more unprofessional or dishonest company. I would not recommend this company to anyone wishing to purchase an extended warranty for their automobile. I regret that this reviewing system requires a minimum of one star as this company deserves zero stars.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Eric ** called me about the email I had requested an extended warranty coverage on Ford Escape with 40K miles. He quoted and asked what mileage we would be driving and felt a 6 year plan at 120K miles would be better fit. Price looked competitive and I accepted.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had a very bad experience with Delta. About 3 months ago, I bought Diamond Premier extended warranty for both my cars. They gave a great quote compare to other companies. I was very excited to have a coverage with a very low price. What I was looking for was to extend the manufacturing warranty for few more years.

When I talked to the salesperson. I got the impression that they would cover everything. They charged my credit cards right away and everything was smooth until I had a claim. After 3 months the steering wheel of my car did not move anymore automatically when you entered/exited the car. The wheel did not move with the button either.

I called Delta and created a claim. Next day I took the car to the BMW dealership for repair. The dealer sends a quote to Delta for replacing steering column and Delta refused to pay. The argument was the steering column is not part of list of coverage parts. Of course, the part was not in the list of coverage parts but it was not in the noncoverage part either. Basically, noncoverage part are all consumable parts which makes sense. But there are thousands of parts in each car that is not on the coverage list. Every new car has very new components that can not be covered in one generic contract.

Delta offers to pay about 10% of the quote from the dealership as goodwill but I did not accept it. Anyway, I canceled the warranty and I am still waiting for the check after 2 weeks. The interesting part was that they deducted $275 from the premium because of some phony excuse called registration. I never seen any service company charge for registration. Not only they did not provide the service, they also deduct pro-rated amount from the premium and the registration fee and other stuffs when I canceled the contract. At the end Delta is fast to charge your credit card to sell the contract but offers minimal service after that. You will be on hold half hour each time you call.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information

www.DeltaAutoProtect.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use