Call toll free
4.58/5
Based on 276 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

1213 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

Full disclosure before I start this story-- I am not the greatest driver so it is essential that my car runs well. With that in mind, even though I was initially hesitant to get an extended warranty, I knew that one day I would be thankful I did. And thank God because I did not let myself down. I was leaving work for my daughter's birthday party, and my brakes malfunctioned, almost hurling me into a vehicle in front of me. I quickly parked the car, nervous to move it another inch. I called Delta Auto Protect, and explained the situation. A fantastic woman named Lauren assisted me and arranged so that I could have my car towed to a nearby repair shop. I was able to Uber home just in time and didn't miss any of the party. My car on the other hand was fixed within a day or so, at a very affordable cost to me. Very happy with my service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 18, 2018

I can't believe my luck. Or maybe, it's just a secret that no one told me about before. I had no idea a service like this existed. I was really impressed that I was able to consolidate repair coverage and roadside assistance into just one policy! I'm saving around $500 per month on fees I used to pay for roadside assistance, towing, and other maintenance activities. That's $500 I'm able to invest in things that are important to me, like music and my family. This extended warranty has proven to be such a money saver, and the best part, is it so easy to use, thanks to the helpful, responsive employees. Thank you so much for such an amazing service, you guys.

Original review: July 16, 2018

At first I was a bit nervous about buying my first extended auto warranty plan as it would be my first time doing so, but after talking with the representatives I felt very comfortable and secure about signing up with them. They were informative, helpful and extremely open about everything, which isn't always the case with other companies. While on the more affordable end, the coverage was definitely comprehensive enough. A couple months later, I discovered that my car had a bad rear differential, and I needed it taken care of right away. I paid out of pocket for it, but was advised by the customer service rep at Delta to submit a claim for reimbursement. The entire process was easy seeing as how I only had to coordinate with them to verify that my car had the repair and I was reimbursed shortly thereafter.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was recently on a road trip with some friends of mine and we were about to head back home when the car started giving us problems. This could have put us in a difficult situation and made it very difficult for us to get back home. Luckily I had purchased the extended warranty and was able to have the issue fixed and resolved in a short amount of time. The customer service rep I spoke with at Delta was very accommodating and understood the urgency of me getting my car repaired. I was able to bring my car to a garage in the area to get diagnosed and quickly repaired under my warranty coverage. Instead of being stranded for what could have been a long time and would have been very costly, the issue was instead resolved in a quick and timely manner and we were able to get home sooner than we would have otherwise. The extended warranty definitely came in handy when I needed it.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Really happy to do business with this company. My car broke down in an unfamiliar area. When I called in to their 24 hour service line, the rep was super helpful and friendly. She really made sure that I was well taken care of and kept asking how I was doing. They made my whole situation way more easier and they got me a tow in no time. My tow didn’t take long either, so I'm glad I was able to get it from a good company. Great experience as a customer of Delta overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: July 13, 2018

My AC quit working and I was instructed by the Delta agent that my repair would be covered. I was able to get it fixed at a nearby repair shop. The claim was approved, and I was responsible only for a small deductible. The repair service was completed and I was on my way with my AC blasting. Delta handled everything else directly with the repair shop. Very easy and straightforward process for me as a customer. Very pleased with my service.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My extended warranty works well for me. Just a few days ago, I was having a problem with my car battery. I went into a nearby garage and they said it would be a quick fix, and gave me a quote. I called Delta and was able to coordinate to have the battery problem fixed. On another occasion, I was having trouble with the hill assist function on my car. My extended warranty policy covered that as well, which was a big help because the dealership refused to fix it under the manufacturer's warranty. I'd rather deal with this company, solely for all of my repair needs. I am impressed by their service and excited about how they conduct themselves business-wise.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have had a fantastic experience as a customer of this company. I chose to buy it due to the fact that it provides such extensive coverage, including brake systems, transmissions, and engines. Additionally, the warranty covers services such as towing for out-of-gas emergencies, dead battery replacements, and rental cars--all of which I have willingly paid for separately in the past. I would never do that again. I've been able to cancel my AAA and solely rely on my warranty in unplanned situations. As such, the extended warranty has been a smart buy as it ended up saving me a good deal of money. I would definitely suggest getting it!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I found it necessary to get an extended warranty. I was happy to get a deal from Delta on my policy. After doing a lot of research, I found that they offered me the most cost-effective, but comprehensive option. I wanted a top-class car, but couldn't fathom having to pay full price for repairs. As a middle school teacher, I was fortunate to find this company. Recently, I had an issue with the car's electrical system. The alternator was malfunctioning and needed to be completely replaced. Out of pocket, the new alternator was close to $800 and the labor would cost me as well. With my extended warranty, I had to pay just a fraction of the cost. So in short, this warranty really saved my pockets.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 11, 2018

The big picture: Beware of this company. Two hours after I stupidly agreed to purchase an extended warranty, I decided to cancel. They claim buyers have a “30 Day Money Back Guarantee – No questions Asked.” I didn’t wait even one day before I began asking for a refund. It took weeks, countless phone calls, many emails, complaints to third parties to get it. When they finally agreed to return my money, they tried to demand that in return I sign a release which included a Non-disclosure agreement and agreement to remove any negative reviews (which I had not written, as of then). I would have to delete any negative information about them, wait for 60 days for them to make sure that I had done so and then they would return my money.

Also, if in the future I spoke to anyone about them I would owe them $1,500 plus attorney fees. Read the countless reviews of them online and notice that a large percentage of them say “Customer increased rating by 3 Stars” “4 Stars”. Then read the “positive reviews”; I am reading a five-star review now that starts in all caps “Crooks and Scammers” and ends (also in all caps) “Do not work with these people.” One such review is strange. There are too many about this company for it to be an anomaly. I assume they mistakenly signed the release and were forced to change their rating to get their money. I did not.

Now for the details: On June 22, 2018 I spoke on the phone with a sales rep from Delta Auto Protect. (as an aside they bill your credit card as ‘Delta Auto Parts’ not ‘Protect’- not sure if that means anything or not). They told me that they could cover my car with an extended warranty for $2,200, but if I agreed during the call they would lower the price to $1,500 and waive the deductible, but I would have to act immediately. I was assured by their website that I could cancel for any reason, no questions asked, and get a full refund anytime in the first 30 days.

I stupidly agreed and gave them my debit card for processing. Within two hours I regretted my decision and tried to call them. It was after business hours, so I wrote them an email asking to cancel and asking for a full refund. I sent that email that evening and again on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday morning June 25, 2018 I telephoned and spoke with Aaron ** and told him I wanted to cancel. He spent a lot of time trying to talk me out of it and asking a lot of question about why I wanted to cancel. I stayed calm and polite and just kept repeating that I wanted to cancel. He finally agreed and said he would send an email confirmation.

Within an hour he sent me a long list of reviews praising his company. There was no mention of cancellation. I wrote back asking to cancel. He wrote back offering to increase the cancellation period to 60 days. I wrote back demanding to cancel. After hours past I repeated my request. He wrote back saying I would get an email about the cancellation. Thereafter I got an email asking that I sign a release. I read the release and it contained a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) wherein I promised to pay them $1,500 plus atty fees if disused my experiences with anybody. It also gave them 60 days to return my money. I wrote back that 60 days was unreasonable as was signing away my free speech rights. A later release sent days later added a requirement that I remove any and all negative reviews on comments online. It gave them 60 days to check if I had reviewed them before they would refund my money.

I asked if they had any authority to make such demands. Please remember that I have never been given a contract as I attempted to cancel within hours of agreeing and I only agreed because I was assured I could cancel without questions or hassle. I demanded that they cancel without my signing this release. I did offer to sign a release that I would not make a claim under the warranty without those demands. I got a voicemail the following morning from Aaron ** saying the contract had been cancelled and my funds would be in my account in 2-3 days, depending upon my bank's actions. There was no mention of the release.

A week later when the funds had not been returned. I emailed Aaron ** and demanded my funds. He wrote back that I needed to sign the release, thereby admitting that his prior voicemail was untrue - the contract had not been cancelled and the refund had not been issued. I refused to sign and filed complaints with the BBB and my bank. I made it clear that I wanted my money and that I would not waive my free speech rights in order to get it. Finally, I did get a refund, but this is clearly not a no questions asked refund. I had to fight and endure endless frustration to get it. If they will fight a full refund request made within hours of the purchase, I believe those other reviews which detail how they fight paying claims. In case some might wonder if I can prove these facts. I have every email, voicemail recording, requested release and other documents to establish each of my claims.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The summer heat felt brutal for me, but my car was feeling it even worse! In the midst of a terrible heatwave, my poor little car on the brink of repeat overheat. I was having to stop every few miles to fill her up with water. Thanks to my extended vehicle warranty on her, I got the problem checked out at a nearby repair shop. It was the car's cooling system! Another great feature of the warranty is that I was able to get a rental car in the interim. It seemed like no time at all before I was back on the road, smiling in my own car. So awesome!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I've been using my car every day despite the alignment being messed up. I've been told by several mechanics and friends alike that I need to get this taken care of ASAP, but for a while it was just too far out of my reach. I had a lot of bills to take care of so I was trying to find the right time to allocate some funds to take care of that, as well as a few other repairs on the vehicle that make driving it a little bit of a nuisance. I decided to take a chance and call Delta to see if this would be a repair they covered with my policy. And it turned out, it was. If only, I had called sooner (knowledge is power!). Soon thereafter I was speaking to someone in the claims department while my car was in the shop. If I hadn't known that this was available to me, I would've had to pay for this out of pocket completely. Foolish, as this ends up happening to a lot of people. Not me friends. Delta has me taken care of.

Original review: July 11, 2018

In mid-July, my car had a huge breakdown. I had it towed to a nearby garage and after assessing the car, the mechanic concluded that it was a transmission issue. I was in a panic because I needed my car for work and I'd never really had a major issue with it before. I called Delta to file a claim for my car to be fixed, and it was very evident to the rep that I was stressed. After filing my claim, she asked if there was anything else she could do to make my time without my car easier. She reminded me that I was actually able to get a rental car with my policy while my car was in the shop. That was amazing news!

I was able to get a rental for four days, and was able to get to work as usual. What a great service! I am back in my car now (which is working like new), and avoided situation that could've been stressful on me and my pockets because I decided to purchase this warranty a few months ago. I highly recommend. The service is grand and their pricing is the best of all the other warranty companies I considered.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 9, 2018

Phone service is awful unless you are purchasing the warranty. Option 1 get picked up right away, but you get transferred to indefinite hold, Option 2 get hold music for less than 30 minutes followed a very unhelpful voice who takes message that are never returned. I was trying to transfer my 11 month old, never used 5 year warranty to another vehicle because I sold the one I originally purchased it for. I was told "no problem" complete the transfer for that will be emailed and it will be taken care of within 2 days. It has been 4 weeks since my initial call and now I'm just requesting a refund and going elsewhere. This has been an eye opening experience. How can I expect production on a warranty if they can't even transfer an accounts information in a months time.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 8, 2018

I just feel that I need to warn others about how horrible this company has been to deal with. I tried calling so many times and never once were any of the messages returned. We purchased a Diamond Premier warranty to help protect our daughter's vehicle and when the transmission went out and the dealer's shop notified Delta, it took over a week for the Delta to send a representative to review it and another week to determine they wanted the transmission broke down further to find the source which was $1,000 more dollars. Due to the lack of any feedback, the dealer as well as we didn't trust Delta would pay for any of the repairs even though the car was covered Diamond Premier warranty and we elected not proceed. It sad when try to protect what you have, pay $1,600.00 to Delta, sign a warranty and no one in this company would help.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My experience with them has always been wonderful and I am pleased to see so many other customers enjoying their services as much as I do. My warranty has allowed me to do repairs on my car that I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. I would like more people to know about extended warranties. I've told all of my friends and family about Delta's warranty offerings, and great customer service. Their reps are so professional and really care to help make sure your claims are being processed in a timely fashion. I was told not to hesitate to call if I experience any problem, and I can tell they genuinely mean it. Thank you, guys!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I recently purchased a BMW 325. I am very proud of my vehicle, and decided to look for an extended warranty for my it, since I knew I would be driving my car for work a lot. I found Delta after doing some research online, and reading reviews on sites such as this one. I decided to give them a call for a quote, and after speaking at-length with a rep, I found the cost of my preferred plan was reasonable enough for me to invest. It is definitely worth it to me. I feel more secure in adding the miles on my car since the major components including the engine and transmission are covered in case of any failures.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have only used this once in the past 4 years. I purchased it at the recommendation of my mechanic. He said it was the best and easiest warranty company he'd ever dealt with, and he was right. Customer service is very exceptional and I would recommend to anyone looking to buy an extended warranty or even considering it. They're the ones to talk to. Very knowledgeable staff. I just renewed my policy for my family's two cars.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I've been fortunate to have enjoyed the services of Delta twice and I was completely blown away. My friend has been a customer of them for a few years and I remember him constantly bragging about how great of a deal he was getting on his car repairs. I decided to check them out and ended up purchasing a policy myself. My friend was definitely right about the savings. I was also given a really great deal for signing up during their flash sale. They also offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so really there was nothing to lose. It is well past 30 days and I am still a happy customer. I recently had a problem with my vehicle starting and was able to call for a tow, at no extra cost. The other time I used my warranty was to fix the passenger side lock. It was really easy to get it fixed with the warranty and I was really impressed by the savings. I will definitely give them a ten-star rating if I could.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is really just a standard car warranty company in its offerings, but what really makes it stand out from other companies is its impeccable customer service, and your ability to use the warranty at repair sites of your choosing. I travel a lot for the second point is really important to me. I don't want to have to search around for a garage that is "in-network," per se. The rate for deductibles is reasonable, the cost in my opinion is affordable. I needed more options for my policy and they were able to give me additional coverage choices. The agent I worked with really seemed knowledgeable about the coverage options, which made him really instrumental and helping me make a decision on which plan to choose. I am very pleased with Delta Auto Protect. I recommend highly.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I've been hesitant to purchase an extended warranty for any vehicle I've owned, but with my current car, I decided to make an exception. I'm really glad I did. I've always considered myself a safe driver, in the sense that I take great care of my car and am pretty responsible, but I've run into a streak of bad luck in the past year. It has included locking keys in my car while it was still running, a transmission repair that I neglected to schedule in a timely manner, and running out of gas on the interstate. Luckily, the plan I purchased provided coverage for both the out of gas emergency and the locksmith issue, and approved a large portion of my claim for the transmission repair. I'm not sure I would've been able to afford it otherwise. My car would probably still be sitting in the garage. This warranty has been an investment in the future stability of my bank account.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I think I made a good decision in purchasing my extended warranty plan from this company. I purchased the Diamond, which is the basic option, but it works for me. If you're thinking about it, honestly, take your time to make the right decision but it'll more than likely be worth it. For me, it's an extra source of protection that reassures me that if something ever goes wrong, that I'll be covered and have my car problems taken care of. I honestly don't know that much about vehicles and probably spend more time at a garage than an average person, so anything that'll help save me money in that regard is well worth it for me. I feel great about it, from when I purchased it to when I first used it.

The process was really easy and even the guys at the garage I always go to were pleased to work with Delta Auto Protect. I was able to get the alternator on my car repaired for a great deal. I feel secure knowing that this company has such a good reputation and that I have such great coverage with them, which makes me feel like I'm well protected and taken care of.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Delta offered me great coverage options to consider when I was looking into buying an extended warranty. I was surprised that you can buy one for your vehicle at any time, even for a used vehicle, and was very excited that I could have roadside assistance, locksmith services and a wide range of repairs done on my car for minimal or no cost to myself with this plan. I purchased mine specifically for the peace of mind it offers when it comes to repair costs, but I'm sure these other services will come in handy as well.

Original review: July 3, 2018

An extended warranty on a vehicle is that one thing that most car buyers step over. I was almost one of those people. I kept asking myself “Is it worth it?” “What comes with it?” “Will the time ever come that I need it,” as I was doing research. I found a study shows that 55% of people never have to use their extended warranty, but what if you do, I asked myself. What if I end up in the 45th percentile. If I'm in the 45th percentile, I will have no worries of how my car problems will be repaired and paid for. I decided that I wanted to be in the 45th percentile. The pros far outweighed the cons of purchasing a warranty, so I decided to give it a try. I purchased my warranty from this company, and although I have not yet had to use it, I feel well prepared.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I like these guys, they are really dedicated to the customer and have a great product. My car was in a bad state, the engine was not Working and the car battery couldn't start without a jump. It was a hell of a car, but I knew that one day it would start giving me trouble. I am glad I was well prepared with my extended warranty. It helped me greatly in getting the necessary repairs done to my car so that it could be safe to drive again. I recommend them highly. They took my problem as their own.

Original review: June 29, 2018

PROS - specific to your needs, lesser mileage restrictions, 24 hour roadside assistance, covers costly repairs. CONS - gambling with cost. When purchasing my new vehicle this year my main concern was reliability and how long I would be able to keep it. Having an extended warranty basically allowed me to have the car I wanted and ensure that if any major repairs were to be had such as transmission, engine or systematically I would be covered. It's tailored specifically to meet needs of mine that basic car warranties do not.

Having an extended warranty I'm offered a greater variety of products and services that fit my specific needs as well as coverage for more mileage and time than original warranties offer. The only con I found is you are taking a gamble with the cost. You may never need the coverage, but chances are if you plan on keeping your car you will so I think ultimately it is worth it to get it. It does not cover repairs from car crashes however in the grand scheme of things it's completely worth it.

Original review: June 28, 2018

CROOKS AND SCAMMERS!!! I manage a repair shop and we are going on 6 months now without payment after they authorized repairs on a vehicle. You call in and they tell you they will help you right away and get you right with a manager and then they send you to a voicemail that no one will respond to. If you look at all of their other reviews on other sites you will see that they never pay their authorized claims. I called their number and talked to someone in their call center who admitted that they receive these phone calls all day and we will never receive payment based on his experience. DO NOT WORK WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Recently, I had to drop off my daughter to college all the way from Miami to Boston and back. It was a week-long trip that would essentially be a memorable moment in all of our lives, especially my daughter’s. My husband decided to invest in an extended warranty and I am so blessed that he did. It’s the little things like problems with the breaks or tires that can ruin a trip. As the trip was extensive, it was too much of a risk to not buy the warranty. In one occasion, my husband happened to lock his keys inside the car when we were at a rest stop in New York. We were able to utilize the emergency locksmith services coverage in our plan. It really did make our road trip in dropping off our daughter a memorable and safe moment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty after learning that they are much more comprehensive than the normal warranty offered by my vehicle manufacturer. I was surprised to find out that the Delta plan I purchased covered both engine and transmission fixes, which can be a very burdensome cost to drivers. I've found my extended warranty to provide great benefits to me. I was able to cancel my AAA because my warranty also offered provisions for roadside assistance and towing. I haven't had to get any damage to my car repaired yet, but in case of any damaged components or faults that arises I will be able to use my warranty to partially cover any repairs. Having a safeguard any unforeseen damages and defects is definitely reassuring and useful. I can't imagine it not being worth the money. I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The best extended auto warranty will provide up-front claims and repair service in the event of a car failure along with superb customer support. This company definitely fits the bill. I became a Delta customer after reading the awesome reviews, like these online. I visited their website that found that it was very useful in giving detailed information about their coverage options. It was easy to find a coverage plan that fit my needs. I decided to call in shortly after visiting their website.

From the first time I spoke to Delta reps, to the most recent time, I found that Delta has exceptionally supportive and friendly representatives that understand customer's needs. They always help their clients to understand the available coverage options and take time to explain the differences between each plan they provide. Also, I'm sure Delta is so highly rated because of their affordable plans. I caught them during a sale, but their pricing is highly competitive. You will even get multiple payment options for their plans, and 30-day money back guarantee if they do not satisfy your needs.

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Delta Auto Protect provides extended warranty protection through vehicle service contracts (VSC). The company is a direct provider of coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information