Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

1378 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I bought a Delta Auto Protect warranty about a year ago and already used it for repairs. The customer service representatives were very helpful and friendly. They even arranged a tow for me. I will suggest everybody Delta Auto Protect warranty to leave a peaceful life. The money you are gonna invest now wouldn't waste. It will save you thousands in future.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a tire blow out while driving on the highway. I called Delta Auto Protect and they arranged a tow truck to get my car and tow it to the nearest tire shop. All it cost me was my deductible. I'm very happy that I have the opportunity to be a part this company because I don't know what I would do without them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My car has always had problems and I used to take it to one of my trusted mechanic but over and over again the same problem would arise. Then I came about some friends who suggested about Delta Auto Protect. I did not go for it immediately but I did some research so that I could get views from some of those who had tried Delta Auto Protect. The response from them was good thus I decided to give it a try. Am glad to say that they offered me the best service that was quick and affordable. I would really recommend Delta Auto Protect to anybody who has any problem with his or her car. It's the best that I have come across.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I recently had a experience with Delta Auto Protect. I had to call because my car broke down. I spoke to Bob and he was able to send someone out to tow my car because it would not start. All I had to pay was my deductible. I would recommend them to any one because there service is wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was driving home from work when I noticed my car was overheating. I pulled over and seen that the radiator had water leaking from it. I knew I couldn't drive it, so I called Delta Auto Protect. They sent a tow truck right out, fixed the problem and all I had to pay was the low deductible which definitely saved me money. I'm very happy with their service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I dealt with Delta Auto Protect this past August to get help when my Volkswagen Beetle broke down and left me stranded far from home. I had issues accelerating up a hill and had to pull over since the car could not continue safety going. I suspected there was a transmission problem, so I called Delta Auto Protect’s customer service to get a tow. I spoke with a helpful gentleman who asked me some questions about my car issue and location and then arranged for a tow truck to come in around half an hour. The tow truck came on time and transported my Beetle to the nearest Volkswagen dealership, where I was told a whole new transmission was necessary. This repair was set up for the next day at just the cost of my deductible rather than the high cost of a transmission replacement.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I signed up with Delta in November 2018 for my 2006 Cadillac SRX. As I was calling around getting quotes I found that they gave me the best rate especially for all they "covered" (go figure) so I signed up. They were quick to charge my credit card for the deposit and assured me that I had 30 days to cancel. Then I called my local Cadillac dealer to ask if they accept Delta warranty just in case (my fault I should've did that first) and they said they don't deal with Delta and that I should look up the lawsuits they have against them; so I did. So I called Delta back to cancel my contract and mind you this is a couple days after I signed up. At first Delta was nice but then when I told them I wanted to cancel they were rude with "dropping the call" bouncing me back and forth between representatives and then sending me to a voicemail box with of course no callback!

I called multiple times a day every day until I spoke to someone and finally after 2 weeks and threats that I would report them they finally sent me an email to cancel my contract and said that they would expedite my refund. It's been almost a month and still no refund!! I call so much the representatives know who I am right away but still do nothing! Please do your research before you sign up with them! Look up Delta lawsuit and all the information will come out on this "company". The reason they are still in business is because they steal money from people! Remember if something sounds too good to be true it's because it is!! DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I've been a customer of Delta Auto Protect extended warranty since 2016 and it's been a lifesaver. Their customer service representatives are polite and very helpful. I never had a single complaint for their services, all thanks to the company's exceptional service and prompt response. They've arranged tow for me multiple times when my car broke down and I just have to take care of the deductibles that too are very low.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

First time using warranty company. Auto dealer unable to reach anyone for several days. My car was ready in 24 hrs. Had to wait one week for Delta to pay for repair. Didn’t pay for diagnostics or parts and labor 100%. I waited a week for Delta to fork over a measly $150 bucks. I was left with $200 balance for a fuel sensor. I will be canceling this warranty and purchasing new one with someone else. Very poor first experience with Delta.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We have had our policy since 2015 and have used it on two occasions. The first occasion they approved the service for my Infiniti QX56 but it took my dealership's service department 7 months to receive payment. Fortunately the dealership had released my car to me prior to receiving their payment. This time, Delta agreed to pay for part of the issue at hand, and over two weeks ago supposedly sent out a check to the dealership (who still does snail mail checks these days?). The dealership has called numerous times receiving no calls back. They actually have had to call and pretend they are interested in a policy in order to speak to a real person, then have gotten their calls dropped as they were supposed to be getting transferred to the correct party.

When they have actually spoken to real people they have been told different stories as to who they now need to speak with. The dealership wants them to cancel the "check that is in the mail" and pay by credit card but have been told that it is not possible to do so. The way Delta conducts business is not only antiquated but dishonest. At this point I can only get my car back if I pay the dealership first and then get reimbursed when the check finally arrives if it ever does. They will be hearing from my lawyer shortly if this does not get resolved this week.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

HORRIBLE - PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING!!! I am 36 years old and this is my first rating/review I have ever done. Delta Auto will quickly approve claim (which is good), but you will NEVER get your money. I have been given the run around for months that checks are mailed to call weeks later to find out that they still need invoice details to complete the payment process. Have been told on 4 separate occasions that the check was either mailed and or will be mailed (not sure how it was mailed and then not). They are given 1 STAR rating because that is the lowest possible. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR BS.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a new used automobile and cancelled my extended warranty on August 22, 2018. I furnished the required signed copy of the cancellation. I have made five phone calls and numerous emails requesting the refund. All of the email messages have never been acknowledged and the phone calls resulted in three promises that the check would be mailed on the Friday after the phone call. Today is December 28, 2018 and still I have not received a check from the company. The question of why I rated the company with a 1 is evident- no service and no action to provide a refund of the money due me for the cancellation.

There was one claim against the policy which only covered the purchase of the part and not the repair. I was out an additional close to $590 for the one covered repair. The policy was initiated in October 2015 and covered only three years of the policy period. The purchase price was approximately $2500 and the refund is supposed to be $683.33. Their inattention to providing timely refund of money plus the fact that they did not expend coverage for the one claim indicates that they fail to provide advertised support for their policies. I would never suggest someone get a policy from them.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Updated on 01/01/2019: After 6 weeks I finally received payment for towing, which was 74.00 dollars. There is still an open invoice after vehicle was in the shop the 2nd time, because of refurbished parts sent by Delta Auto Protect, which had to be replaced. Delta Auto Protect paid for labor hours 216 dollars for the first time and do not want to know anything about the 2nd repair caused by their faulty parts. There were also necessary diagnostic tests required after the installation of faulty parts, which Delta refuses to acknowledge. Delta claims that the problem has been resolved, which is not true.

Original Review: After making claims with Delta Auto Protect and many telephone calls they sent refurbished parts which had failed after a short period of time. When returned to the Ford dealer, there were diagnostic tests required to assess the problem that was the refurbished parts. After many telephone calls we finally got aftermarket parts, which had corrected the problem.

Now the problem really begins. Contacting them to release funds to pay for the repairs was worse than pulling teeth. I had to pay upfront to get my vehicle back, now I am stuck with the bill. After 6 weeks and 3 emails with invoice I have still not received reimbursement for towing costs which was only 74 dollars. They will not return calls or react to emails, even the car dealer was very frustrated, he never experienced a warranty company like this. I am telling everybody to do some research and read all the bad reviews online before deciding to buy an extended vehicle warranty. I paid 2299 dollar for the Diamond Premiere Plan. What a waste of my hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I definitely love the extended auto warranty from Delta Auto Protect. These days repairs are very high. This company was one of the few that was dedicated in working with me, I followed my heart and gave them a chance. I had a wonderful experience with them taking care of my car. Definitely recommend them to other people.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My BMW was authorized for a replacement water pump and accordingly, my service tech did the repair properly and returned the car to me. They then asked Delta Auto for payment and were assured that payment would be made the next day via a corporate credit card. This was two weeks ago and nothing has been paid. Every time my service shop calls in for payment, the customer service people give them the runaround. Now the service shop is demanding that I pay for the repair and deal with Delta. This was not the experience I was promised when I signed the contract. I am very disappointed in the company and will probably have to seek arbitration since they seem to be not inclined to pay what they promised my shop. Never buy this warranty!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought Delta Auto Protect Diamond warranty ($2500) for my F-250 about a year ago. The turbocharger went out on Oct 8th and I filed a claim. The truck was in Craig CO and my 5th wheel, which I was towing in Baggs Wy. Delta never got around to authorizing the repair shop to fix the truck, and kept constantly requests for info from them. And after two weeks I told them to fix it and I would pay for it and Delta told me they would reimburse me. They never return phone calls, or emails, constant request for things like all services records from the time I bought the truck (sent them 40 pages), wanted to have it inspected by a 3rd party (which I let them do). Each of these things take two weeks or so.

I had to get the 5th wheel out of WY so I flew my son up to CO and he brought the truck and 5th wheel back to CA where I live. Now for all of this it took 2 months. Now I am told "the check is in the mail." Over two weeks have gone by no check. Each time I call they put me on hold and I get dropped in 30 or so seconds. I have left my name and Ph number 6-7 times no call. I would suggest anyone wanting a vehicle warranty avoid this company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

After my car manufacturer’s warranty expired, a friend of mine recommended that I look into an extended warranty from Delta. I was a bit skeptical because the reviews seem a little mixed, but I took my friend’s advice because I trust him. It looks like I’ve made the right decision so far because I have nothing but good things to say about this company and the way it does business. They’ve been very professional, transparent and very diligent in making sure things are done in a timely fashion. I communicate with them about almost everything related to my car because the sales guys and the customer service reps are actually extremely knowledgeable. Feels good to have access to these awesome people!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

INCOMPETENCE AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE-DO NOT BUY A POLICY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! My vehicle has been in a repair shop for over 2 WEEKS awaiting approval from Delta for repairs required. I have called the customer service Ext at least 25 times and was put on hold or asked to leave a message... and never received a return call. I finally reached someone when I asked to be connected to a sales agent under the pretense that I was interested in buying a policy. Ironically, my call was immediately taken as Delta is only interested in sales but is a no show when you need to make a claim. They finally sent an appraiser to evaluate the repair needs over a week ago and my car is still sitting in the repair shop awaited a decision.

I plan to make a complaint to every regulatory resource available to report their incompetent practices and any recommendations as to other recourses that are available to reach out to will be most appreciated. I am also planning on cancelling and obtaining a refund from the 5 yr policy that I purchased this past year. I urge all who read this to consider doing the same thing!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased the DELTA Auto Protect Diamond Premier Plan for my 2008 Porsche Cayman for the very reason that repairs would be expensive, especially catastrophic engine or drivetrain failures. The young commissioned phone sales person will assure you all such failures are covered stem to stern. After all, unless you record the call, who's going to know what promises are made? My engine did fail and it was catastrophic. Engine seized and I could not and would not attempt to even restart it. It was determined to be a blown engine. "Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damage by internally lubricated parts" is the EXACT quote of line 1of coverage contract.

Now Delta says I am NOT covered. I have had no car for 7 weeks now. I walk to work. The worst part is their service. They offer no live person for your contact. You are put on hold for 30-40 minutes and then they roll you into an overflow call center, not part of Delta. They assure you Delta will call you back, but they never do. I had to wait 6 weeks to find out I was not covered.

I suspect, because cost is $20,000 to remove/replace and re-install Porsche engine, they've decided to shut me out. I was transferred around, and when rejected, man never gave his name and said if I took them to court Delta would seek all attorney fees from me. The law requires a written denial by them, so of course you will not get one. They can simply hide while you continue without a car. $20,000 for repair, $20,000... possible more for a lawyer. Tens of thousands for their attorneys if I lose. I could not warn you enough. Unless the repair is a small part broken or a radio lost, they will run and hide. I am out of options and lawyers are trying to determine how to proceed. What is the Insurance company which provides the backing for this company? Ask them this before you proceed. If you look here, there is NO mention of an underwriter, a bank or any institution to file with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I'm extremely glad my hubby talked me into going with Delta Auto Protection. It was raining cats, and dogs, and a bit foggy that night. I was driving alone from dropping my hubby off at work in another city taking a detour from my normal passage. My car started to shake and run hot. I saw a little smoke. I immediately pulled off to the side of the street and turned off my car in a panic frenzy. I called my husband and told him what just happened. He said, "Calm down sweetie and call Delta Auto Protection." I said yes. I wasn't thinking clearly. I was so nervous about being stuck and barely could see anything through the fog and rain. I spoke with a very nice guy named Ryan who advised me that I could get roadside assistance.

Within fifteen minutes, a local company repairman named Mark arrived. He popped up my hood and did a quick look and found that my cooling was almost gone. He filled it up and started my engine and made sure everything was working fine. It was. I was good to go on my way. I will continue to renew my warranty with Delta Auto Protection...

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I got my first, very own car and I know very little about cars and their warranties. I needed a good company that could cover my car repairs, and when I started my search, Delta Auto Protect offered the best deal with the most coverage. They are very transparent, and trustworthy. I was very impressed with the professional service I got from them and would highly recommend them to everyone that loves getting the best value for their money.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Good luck trying to get payment from these guys. It's been over a month since a customer vehicle has been repaired and still no contact for payment of any kind. Look at the other reviews for this company, everyone has the same problem trying to get payment. 860.00 is not a lot and yet after MULTIPLE times of trying to contact someone for payment, after leaving multiple emails, voicemails, speaking with "managers" still nothing. I've called every day since the car was released. Do not let them fool you by saying payment has been sent out or emailed.

They change their story every time. First, they say can't do payments over the phone, then they can. Then it takes 24-48 hours to receive payment via email\fax, then saying I will have payment by end of business day. Mr. Jack ** who is a "manager" over the financial department couldn't even get me payment after several times talking to him. He HAD TO TRANSFER ME TO THE FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT TO GET PAYMENT, THE VERY SAME DEPARTMENT HE IS IN CHARGE OF. Needless to say, it doesn't look like we'll be getting paid for our service, nor will anyone else.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Update. Today is Nov. 29th 2018. I originally purchased a warranty 7 months ago, but my issue happened 3 months ago and was an EXTREMELY poor experience with this company. Situation: I advised the rep I purchased my car with aftermarket rims and made sure that wouldn’t affect my policy. Even showed him in the contract where it said that’s not okay, he continued to tell me I was perfectly fine as long as the fault on my car had nothing to do with alignment, wheels, etc. Which made sense I guess so I purchased the policy and months later a seal broke in the engine, causing oil to go all over the place. The repair was about 4K. Delta Auto Protect sent out investigators and denied the claim due to my wheels. I fought it, they found in the notes the agent who sold me the policy said I was fine, I paid for my policy 100% up front. But they didn’t want to pay for the repair so they were set on royally screwing me over.

Some times goes by, me and a manager agree on an (almost) full refund. I paid for my own repair and waited for my refund. Fast forward to three months, I have still yet to receive my refund and I call them every week and it’s another lie. "It was sent out today, it’s stuck in transit, we will mail it again...” Always something and very rude customer service. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Please I am warning you! I am at the part too in which I am forced to have my lawyer seek legal actions and obtain my money. That’s all. I’m just warning you guys because I thought I did enough research before buying the contract but I guess not.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I own CK AUTO, an auto repair shop in California & was authorized to repair my customer's car & they would pay for repairs. Two months & 20 phone calls later I still have not received payment or even a phone call. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with out of hundreds.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty for my Mercedes with Delta Auto Protect. I've heard that Mercedes repairs are pretty expensive so I wanted to be covered. The warranty served me well. Paid minimal fees so far for the repairs. As a matter of fact, the warranty I paid for at Delta Auto Protect has been better than the Mercedes factory warranty. Highly impressed by that.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I was stranded and did not know what to do. I had run over a nail, causing my tire to go flat. It was pretty late and I first called my sister who lived in the area but she didn't answer. l decided instead of soliciting help from strangers, I'd use my Delta warranty to get roadside assistance. A Delta representative advised me what to do to ensure I was safe on the side of the road while someone was dispatched nearby to come help me. It did not even take long before everything was in order and I was on the road. This warranty has really come in handy. Roadside assistance can be really expensive, but with my warranty I paid just my deductible for the brief assistance.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have called at least 50-60 times to get payment and no one ever calls back. I have talked to Jack ** multiple times and he says he will talk to the finance department to get it taken care of, but nothing happens. I have also left messages with Hector ** and Aaron ** and no return calls.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I give them 5 stars. I'm a customer and Delta has done an amazing job supporting me whenever I have an issue with my car. The best part about this warranty is its affordability. I've never had an issue using my warranty for anything covered in my policies and repair shops in my neighborhood are happy to work with Delta Auto Protect because they always seem to pay their bills on time. The warranty world needs more companies like this. Friendly people that treat you like family.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased Delta Auto Protect for my vehicle at the highest available coverage and plan. It was supposed to cover “everything”. Turns out the first two things I needed to use it for weren’t actually covered. An oil pan leak and a gasket crack. Both of these repairs cost over $1500 a piece and totaled more than I paid for the coverage.

The third repair I needed required a tow. This happened in September of 2018. I submitted a request for reimbursement for the tow on October 1st and did not hear back for over 10 days, I sent a follow up email. 13 more days late I sent a second follow up email. Then I began calling. Each time I called I was sent in circles from customer service to claims. Each time they ASSURED me they had spoken with the Finance Department and that my check would be sent out “that day and expedited”. I sent 3-4 additional emails. I called 4-5 more times. Nothing.

I was not able to speak with the Finance Department because they “don’t take calls from the public”. I was unable to receive an email or fax confirmation in writing of WHEN or HOW I would be paid because “confirmations only come after payment”. Today is November 21st, 2018. It has been over two months and my vehicle was finished with repairs at the body shop within the first week, but they have been withholding my vehicle from me because they also have not been able to receive payment from Delta. Same story. Always being sent in circles, always promising payment will happen by the end of the day.

My body shop told me that after today they are going to begin charging for storage. I spoke again with someone at customer service who SWEARS payment will come to both of us by the end of the day, but will not let me speak to anyone at Finance Department and cannot provide any type of written confirmation of when the payment will happen. Luckily my family has an extra vehicle that I have been using the last 2 months or I would be out of pocket and chasing Delta down for a reimbursement for that as well.

I am tired and frustrated. I need my vehicle back. And I’m wondering why in the world I spent so much money on the highest coverage if this is how much work goes into each and every claim trying to get my money and my body shop's money. I can’t believe this company has so many good reviews. Not once has anyone apologized, acknowledged the terrible customer service or tried in any way to make this right for me.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY!!! It’s a total ripoff, they will take your money and when it's time for them to pay, they will come up with the lamest excuses to not cover you! Aaand at that time if you cancel it will be too late for you and you won’t get all your money back, even though you haven’t received any service from them whatsoever! DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID... Btw to all those people leaving good reviews because you had a good experience when buying the warranty, DON’T! Leave a review only when you actually experience the service that you paid for! Thank you, and let’s all help each other protect our money.

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Choose from multiple tiers of coverage, all of which come with a price match guarantee. The company is a direct provider of extended warranty coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information