Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

BOTTOM LINE

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

PROS

• Affordable plans
    • Covers older vehicles
    • Direct provider
    • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Doesn't cover high mileage vehicles
    • Inconvenient quote process

Top Delta Auto Protect Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Great service! Friendly guys on the phones! Always willing to help out when there's a problem. [The rep] was amazing and did everything he could to help me straighten things out with my car, which I love more than anything. Thank you guys!

Find my match

Delta Auto Protect cost

Delta Auto Protect’s extended auto warranties come at an affordable cost. Delta Auto Protect pricing is usually about 2 cents per mile, but costs will vary depending on the car. The mileage, year, make and model of the car are all important factors in determining your price. Delta Auto Protect also offers price matching, so if you find a lower price from their competitor, you can let them know and they’ll match it. Delta Auto Protect’s 24-month payment plans allow customers two years to pay off their extended auto warranties.

For the most accurate idea of how much a Delta Auto Protect extended auto warranty will cost, it’s best to call the company directly for a quote or submit the necessary information online at Delta Auto Protect’s website. One drawback of Delta Auto Protect’s quote process is that quotes expire quickly, sometimes in just a few hours. This is not ideal for customers wishing to take a longer time to consider whether a quote and suggested plan are right for them.

Down payments vary according to plan, but an average down payment is $100. Delta Auto Protect also has plans available with no deductible. This is a rare feature among extended auto warranty companies. Delta Auto Protect’s 30-day money back guarantee lets customers cancel their extended auto warranty if they decide it’s not right for them. It’s only available if they haven’t yet made a claim, however.

Delta Auto Protect plans

Delta Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Sample contracts are available on Delta Auto Protect’s website. Diamond is the most basic plan. Diamond Plus offers moderate coverage. Diamond Premier is the plan closest to exclusionary coverage.

Diamond
      • GPS navigation
      • AC
      • Fuel system

Delta Auto Protect coverage

Delta Auto Protect is a direct extended auto warranty provider. Their extended auto warranties offer coverage for up to eight years and can cover vehicles up to 20 years old. The company does not, however, cover vehicles with over 140,000 miles on them.

Delta Auto Protect has solid reimbursement policies. Rental car reimbursement provides customers with up to $65 per day for up to four days. That’s a total of $260. Most other extended auto warranties only provide reimbursement of $30 a day, which cannot cover the cost of most rental cars.

Every Delta Auto Protect warranty includes 24/7/365 roadside assistance services. This includes any issues you may have if you run out of gas, have a dead battery, need a locksmith or need your car towed to the nearest ASE-certified repair shop. All repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Delta Auto Protect has ASE-certified representatives on staff to help facilitate discussions.

Is Delta Auto Protect worth it?

Delta Auto Protect is well worth it if you are looking for a good deal on an extended auto warranty. The fact that they are a direct dealer means it will be easier to submit claims and resolve disputes. Their practice of price matching supports their already affordable prices, and deductible-free plans guarantee peace of mind when your car needs repairs. These unique features make Delta Auto Protect stand out among other extended auto warranty companies.

Delta Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I have been looking at the best warranty company for several months across a variety of warranty companies and narrowed it down to a few top choices. I decided to take the benefit of the July discount deals and signed up with the selected companies. The sales rep at Delta was pleasant and not pushy at all despite the busy weekend. The plan they offered me suited me best and was according to my desires and budget. Buying a warranty is not an easy job but the rep managed everything professionally and satisfied me. He made my day and it turned out to be the great choice. I would definitely recommend my friends and family members to buy warranty for vehicles from Delta Auto Protect.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I filed claim for the transmission of my 2014 Jaguar. The rep seemed to be on training because he handled the case very unprofessionally. He just noted my contract number and hung up saying he would get back to me after 5 minutes. But I waited for half an hour but no response. I called again but this line the rep who responded me was a gem. He was polite and cooperative. He approved the claim and instructed me to take my car to the certified dealer and told me he would take care of the rest. He proved his words and I did not face any issue after that. I think it’s your luck that you get on the phone when you call. A good rep would relieve your worry and would give you peace of mind. And an untrained rep would piss you off.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I do not write reviews usually but when I do it is mostly for complaining about the bad services or products. But Delta has compelled me to write a positive review. I purchased a premier plan 6 months ago and it was an amazing experience. The rep guided me well and I landed a plan that was most appropriate for the make and model of my car. When I filed claim I was skeptical also its services and hoping a rejection payment from my pocket as I heard about other but nothing such happened. I could not be happier.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

2012 Mitsubishi is the first car that I managed to buy after 12 years of savings. So it is quite natural that I love this car and is very conscious about its road performance. I purchased it from a colleague and it is in the best forever. So, I purchased an extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect. Buying process was easy and transparent. When I filed first claim I called the rep and he responded real quick. He guided me about the entire process. It was easy to coordinate with the dealer and my car was approved within minutes. Delta is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from Delta 2 years ago and filed a claim for the 2012 ML 350. Two months after buying the warranty the accelerator or a pedal sensor of the car got shot and I filed the claim. I was relieved that I got it covered. I called Delta and requested them to have it towed to the repair center because it lost all the power. They told me they will get back to me after a couple of minutes. But I had to wait for an hour. The car was towed and repaired. But next month I noticed $ 120 were deducted By Delta instead of $ 100. I called them to ask why this happened and they told me it was for towing services. I told them my plan covers towing as free service and fax them a copy of my contract. They apologized and promised to rectify the mistake and they did it after 1 week.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

The Delta Auto Protect warranty contract explicitly states you can cancel and get a pro-rated refund with some fees. However, they have changed their phone number and website, do not answer email or return voicemail. I have written to the BBB and the BBB states they have no authority here because Delta Auto Protect is not a BBB company. I've tried to reach them for six months now over two thousand dollars. They will take your money and stonewall you. Don't work with them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I purchased a warranty from the company. I have been trying to contact them since March 13, 2020. I have left numerous messages. The auto repair shop has left numerous messages. I have also sent multiple emails with no response but have paid them $2500 to have a warranty with the company.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I bought the AUTO WARRANTY back in October and in the last 3 months and I’ve been trying to reach them to file a claim by phone, by email and number is disconnected. I tried calling them all day every day and there was never response. Definitely a big Fraud!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Original review: May 28, 2020

After 6 months of seeking reimbursement for repairs done on my car, I encountered countless delays and lies from Delta Auto Protect. I needed a water pump replaced, which is allegedly covered by their contract, but Delta refused to reimburse me, while presenting me with a series of false reasons to deny my claim. Delta Auto Protect is the closest thing to a criminal enterprise that I've ever encountered! The BBB stated that they are overwhelmed by the number of claims against Delta Auto Protect!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I purchased Diamond Plus extended warranty for my Audi A6 in 2017. I need repairs done now in 2020 due to the life of my car. I have called Delta Auto Protect a minimum of 8 times in the last 2 weeks. I have been on hold for 45 mins at a time, with no response. I have emailed/left messages but I haven't heard back from anyone. I don't know what to do. I have spent $3000 on extended warranty and nobody is calling me back. I don't know what to do, except to believe I have been scammed. Please don't buy service from them!

Delta Auto Protect author review by Lauren Fix

Delta Auto Protect has three plans that range from basic to comprehensive. Several customer reviews mention the quote process is frustrating because quotes expire, sometimes within a few hours, but the company still has some of the lowest prices around. The company has a 30-day money-back guarantee.

• Cost: Delta Auto Protect’s basic plan costs about 2 cents per mile of coverage. That means a plan with coverage for 36,000 miles comes in at about $720.

• Plans: Delta Auto Protect has three plans: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Diamond offers basic coverage and Diamond Premier offers the closest to exclusionary coverage.

• Benefits: Delta Auto Protect has rental car reimbursement of $65 per day for up to four days. It also offers 24/7 roadside assistance.

• Standout feature: Delta Auto Protect’s price-match guarantee means customers benefit from price comparison shopping.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information