Call toll free
4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

1334 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

When my car needed a new alternator, I finally decided to get it fix. I called Delta to see what my options were and the rep advised me to take my vehicle in and they would contact the repair shop as well to coordinate a repair and rental. According to the repair shop, my vehicle would take about 7-10 days to fix because they had to order the part. I called Delta back to inquire about my options on getting a rental car, and they assured me that I could have one for as long as needed to get my car fixed. This made my life much easier. I was happy to be able to do my everyday tasks, and even happier to receive my vehicle 8 days later, completely fixed.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Just had to post a review for Delta Auto Protect because this last weekend. Our family was out of town and I accidentally locked my keys in the car and sure enough we didn't have the spare pair. While my wife tried her best to squeeze a wire coat hanger through the window, I called the Delta customer service number and in less than an hour, a guy showed up and opened our door within three minutes. We were back on the road a minute after that! Thanks Delta. So glad we decided to purchase your coverage!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I was one of those people who did not experience any problems with my car until the manufacturer's warranty ran out. Because I was nervous about being in this situation and not being able to afford to pay for unexpected repairs, I purchased an extended warranty for my vehicle. More recently, I was in a situation that made me glad that bought a warranty from Delta Auto Protect. The policy was really easy to use because the reps communicated so well with me as well as the repair shop where my vehicle was being fixed. I was so impressed with it that I felt like I needed to extend a thank you in another way... by writing a review. Highly satisfied customer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I decided I needed a safety measure against expensive, unexpected repairs in addition to my insurance. I was excited to find Delta Auto Protect because it covered things like normal wear & tear. Recently, the fuse in my headlight blew, and I needed to have it fixed immediately. I could not afford to drive at night without lights, especially after Daylight Savings Times because it was pitch black by 5/6 PM. I was able to take it into a repair shop and have it fixed. I was lucky to only have to pay my deductible, rather than the typical $200 cost for the repair. Very grateful.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

When my car broke down a few weeks ago, I called Delta Auto Protect for help. I have an extended warranty with them and I needed to open a claim. William arranged for a tow truck to take my car and a rental to meet me at the shop. When I received a call a few days later, the shop said my car was ready. It needed a new starter. I paid my deductible, which was a bargain, and off I went. Thanks Delta!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Car maintenance is not my strong suit. My boyfriend generally takes care of such 'mundane' tasks, Lol. Anyhow, I had to move to Dallas work for about a year, naturally I drove my trusty little Nissan to Dallas from Houston and would visit some weekends and my dear boyfriend would check my car out every time I came around. Well, this fateful day, on my way back to Dallas, my boyfriend heard a suspicious sound and suggested I get it checked out at his mechanic's before heading but I had a work deadline and had to make it back to Dallas by the next morning so, I declined (bad idea).

Long story short, my car broke down a couple of towns over. To say I was mortified would be an understatement. I located a mechanic shop not too far off and got a tow to said shop. They did a diagnosis and told me it was my transmission and asked me if I was still covered by my manufacturer's warranty. I called the manufacturer and they were only too happy to tell me I was no longer under warranty. I called my boyfriend as I was really upset at this point and of course he reminded me that I had purchased extended warranty on my car. A couple of calls later and my car was in the process of being fixed, with Delta Auto Protect reassuring me that my they'd handle the rest and let me just tell you that they got my car up and running in a matter of days. I can't thank them enough so I decided to tell someone about my wonderful experience as a way to thank them. Keep up the good work guys!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Samuel ** answered the phone with courteous, professional language. He was patient and so helpful. He was able to make the purchase work within my budget. It was such a pleasure doing business with kind professionals. I will recommend you to friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I decided to search for the best warranty companies and l found Delta Auto Protect at the top. l decided to contact them and they quickly got in touch. What attracted me feel happy is they welcomed me and promised me not to worry because they will ensure that everything is put in place. Their customer representatives are very friendly and trained with good communication skills that will make you feel as if you are at home. For the past three months l have been using their services and for sure l have to say that l am enjoying very much. My car had bad brakes and l was even fearing driving on the highway, but my brake repair was made possibly by this warranty. It runs like it's brand new. I've told everyone I've met that Delta Auto Protect has everything that they would want in a warranty company. I love this company and l highly recommend it to everyone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was on my way back from work on Tuesday when my car stops moving and I couldn't detect the fault. I called Delta Auto Protect for roadside assistance and I was able to get my car towed to a local garage. This was really inconvenient. It was so late, and I was exhausted from working a long day. The car was going to take a few days to fix, according to the mechanic, and that made the situation even more frustrating. However, I was able to get a rental car under my extended warranty. I am so happy for the quick response and the low deductible it cost me from my warranty, which I bought not long ago. I highly recommend Delta Auto Protect for everyone. Their services are very good.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I'm having bad experience with this company. I Canceled policy within 30 days because didn't like their customer service, their promises and real facts were different. I waited 3 times by 2 weeks to receive a check that never been sent to me. They guarantee to return money within 30 days and now I'm passing 70 days and it's not sent. I left negative feedback them for not keeping promises and they STARTED BLACKMAIL to me to delete feedback otherwise they won't send a check. Still fighting with them to get my legal money back for canceling policy before it even started.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

This company took 2 weeks to give us the authorization to perform work to a customer's car. We got the authorization # **. We have submitted the invoice many times and have called every other day for 3 weeks. We are always promised a call back or escalated payment but we never receive any follow up! We are waiting on a $2100 payment. We will be taking legal action against this company and also reporting them to the Attorney General's office in PA. #FRAUD #SCAM #FRAUD #BUNKO #RIPOFF

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty because my luck is terrible. Thank goodness I did. The warranty saved me when my car broke down in the middle of the road. Thankfully good Samaritans helped me push my car out of the way. I called up the company and they were very helpful. They helped me find a tow company in the area and covered the cost of the tow. It was a great recommendation. The tow truck showed up in only 20 minutes and took my car to a shop to check it out. I was told that the damage they found under the hood could've cost me at least $1,000. However because I was covered I paid very little! My warranty saved me big time!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I purchased the warranty from Rick **. Left out many details. I called in my claim Friday and it is one week later that I am carless. My dealership is still waiting for them to call with the update if they are approved to fix my car or not. I have had to call over and over for updates. I was promised by Aaron the supervisor he promises to follow up and contact me with updates. Never called. I was then promised by another man he would call me with an update, nothing. This organization should be shut down. They are taking money from people and do not care about any level of service. I have never been treated so horribly. I reached out to Rick ** who sold me the product asking him to please help me. He said ok and transferred my call to someone, that was him helping me? I then sent him an email asking Him for help and not one response. I will wrote a review on every site I possibly can to save people from going through this company.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The best extended car warranty company will provide a straightforward claims and a quick and easy repair process in the case of a breakdown. Of course, excellent customer service is also important. I feel that Delta Auto Protect offers all the above. Delta Auto Protect also impressed me with their transparency in their coverage plan offerings and the contracts. I felt comfortable moving forward with Delta because of these very reasons. I've been able to utilize my warranty with garages with ASE certified techs and pay a nominal fee for my repairs. Very happy with my decision thus far.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I highly recommend Delta Auto Protect because it is the best warranty company when it comes to providing services to its customers. I had issues in getting necessary repairs for my new car but immediately I contacted this company. They quickly got in touch and helped me as fast as possible. The garage I was hoping to work with had never worked with Delta before and were a little confused, but the Delta rep cleared it all up. I really love their customer service because they really go above and beyond. They are very friendly and always willing to help as much as they can. And of course, I always get my repairs done for a great price. Definitely one of the best companies to work with.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My son is up in Tallahassee for school while I am here in the Orlando area. it was determined that his master cylinder was going bad at first we were told it was going to take 24-48 hours to get an approval however Aaron ** expedited the issue and we got approval for the repair. I am very thankful as being away from your son is hard enough but also making sure he has reliable transportation is a must. Thank you for getting this resolved so I can breathe easy knowing my son's car is taken care of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Horrible company. Pretty much took my money and ran. Please stay away. They never answer the phone and when they do they say they are in overflow and can’t help. Run don’t walk. I hope they all burn in hell.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was leaving work the other day my car wouldn’t start. I quickly realized the battery was dead. Not just, needed a jump dead, but completely dead. I called my husband freaking out, and he told be to call Delta Auto Protect to see if we were covered. To my relief, we were. The lady was super nice, sent a tow truck to pick up the car and got me a rental. I could not be happier with our extended warranty, the best part was we only had to pay the deductible.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Do not just based on the "glowing" reviews on this website alone. This is a paid for service website to attract clueless victims to buy Detla's warranty services. Do your research elsewhere. There are many many horror stories from other sources which seem to be very legitimate and realistic now that I have experienced it first hand myself. Every time you call, Delta Auto will put you on hold for hours and hours. Then you are connected to the message center. The message center will give you all the runarounds in the book; leave a message, someone has your file history and we can't access it now to discuss your case, your case is under review, someone will contact you shortly.

And no one, not even once, has ever called me back. While my car is waiting in the shop and it took 24 days for Delta Auto to finally sent somebody to inspect it. Then 13 more days later to finally received a short email notify me the claim was denied. Then keep calling nonstop for 3 days to finally received another email with the report on why it was denied. So for close to 2 months, I was out of a car and with so much aggravation to try to get to talk to someone with Delta Auto to find a resolution and at the end had to paid for everything out of pocket myself. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company like a plague.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I thought I did my research and have discovered I made a mistake. When you call to purchase the calls and emails come quickly from Sales reps. When you call for claim filing, well that is a different story. I have left three messages and no return calls.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

If you're thinking about buying an extended warranty try another company. No return calls, no coverage agreement, simply a cut and paste job trying to deny my claim. Funny their picture on the home "sales" page shows that your axle is covered. Guess you gotta read the fine print!!! SCAM. I'd give no stars if I could!!!

Resolution response: Oct. 18, 2018

They finally paid the claim, our customer now has his car but was very unhappy about how long it took to get the claim paid. The only way to resolve this issue is to have Delta Auto Protect revisit the payment procedure. Repair shops should get paid the same day the car was done.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

One of our loyal customers has purchased Delta Auto Protect as a warranty company. They are quick to answer the phone if you are trying to purchase the warranty but are very slow to send payment to the shop. Even slower to try and have a "Supervisor" call you back. I have left 7 messages and still no call. Currently we are in the 7th day of the customer not getting his car back due to non payment. Storage charges start today. And what do they cover? In this current situation, a Starter replacement for a BMW is $757.13. They will only pay $259.09. SAVE YOUR MONEY, DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BAD BUSINESS. If you are a shop, avoid the headache, avoid pissing off your customer because of the lack of service from this warranty company. Delta Auto Protect could learn from a real warranty company, Preferred Protection Plan, A Service Group Company.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This is the absolute worst company to deal with if you work for a shop or are a shop owner. They NEVER return your calls, and take up to a month to send payment. This is the 4th time I have had to deal with them and it’s a nightmare trying to get payment for the customer to pick up their vehicle. You are always sent to the overflow call center, and they tell you someone will call you within 24 hours or less, IT’S A LIE. I’ve been calling for 7 days straight. Stay away... save yourself the headache.

Updated on 10/18/2018: It took a bad review on this website for Delta to finally give me a callback. The representative told me he's been trying but unable to reach anyone. I checked our call logs, it's a lie. They never once reached out to us and I have documentation of emails and call logs if anyone in Delta would like to see. Anyways, they finally paid us after the review and my customer was unhappy but able to pick up his car after 7 days. I think Delta should review their communication and payment procedures to ensure this doesn't happen again. That was the 4th time, and actually the fastest I received payment... Unfortunately it took that review to get someone finally. I believe warranties are great for protection, just maybe a learning experience for this company to better themselves.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This company is terrible, do not pay for covered components and you can't get paid after the repair is complete. We have called mulitiple time to get paid and they never call you back. They keep sending you to an answering machine.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Not too long ago I bought my car off of Facebook and it seemed to be in good working order with condition like new. Yesterday, while on my way to work, I started to hear strange noises that my car was making and turns out it was the engine, not to mention the fact that my A/C wouldn't cool. I finally called Delta for help using my warranty with them. Barbara helped me find a shop to service my car and I dropped it off. She gave me a renter to use and when my car was ready, I paid my deductible and I was off! Thanks Delta!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I am a believer in the Delta Auto Protect warranty plan. I was working five hundred miles from home. My battery completely died. It had to be replaced. I was in a very small town and it was a Sunday evening. I could not find any help so I call Delta Auto to use my warranty and in just a few minutes they let me know help was on the way. The service tech was able to change out my battery and the car started right up. I never missed one minute of work. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I'm so glad to have decided to get Delta Auto Protect. One morning on the way to work my car kept overheating on me. When I got to work I gave them a call and they had my car towed to a shop that morning and a rental car there by the end of the day to pick me up. The shop fixed the problem with my car and all I had to do was pay my deductible. It saved me a lot on the cost of the repair. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I signed up for the Delta Auto Protect warranty when I bought myself a used car. When I ran out of gas on the busiest highway in Louisiana I called the company, spoke to Sarah and explained everything that happened. She assured me I would be covered and within 30 minutes Josh was out there with a gas can and came to my rescue. This is one company I do not regretting signing up with. If you need any auto warranty, chose Delta Auto Protect, you will not be disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I am so glad I have a Delta policy. Recently, I experienced some car trouble and I contacted customer service at Delta Auto Protect for help to use my warranty. My car's electric power steering went out and I needed a tow to the local garage. Barbara was able to send out a service truck and she arranged for a rental car to use too. When my car was ready, all I had to do was pay my out of pocket deductible. I am definitely renewing my policy. Thanks Delta!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

After buying a 2012 vehicle I purchased an extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect. BEWARE they will not honor any sales they make. They DO NOT return phone calls or emails, and they will find every reason to not pay for your repairs. I have made over 20 phone calls and dozens of emails and have yet to even get calls back. When they finally sent an inspector to look at my car, they waited 3 days to respond to the repair company. First they denied my claim because they said I had an excluded transmission, I did not, I had to have the repair shop make multiple calls to prove this. Then they said my policy wasn't in effect, which it was and we have documentation to prove it. Now they state I purchased the car knowing it had a bad transmission. I have the Carfax report to prove this is not true. I have never dealt with customer service so bad in my life. This is 110% a scam. I hope no one else falls victim to this.

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Choose from multiple tiers of coverage, all of which come with a price match guarantee. The company is a direct provider of extended warranty coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information