4.49/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

978 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Eric ** called me about the email I had requested an extended warranty coverage on Ford Escape with 40K miles. He quoted and asked what mileage we would be driving and felt a 6 year plan at 120K miles would be better fit. Price looked competitive and I accepted.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was very fortunate to be connected to Rick ** when I made my inquiry to Delta Auto. He is very knowledgeable, professional and has the perfect personality to deal with the public. He explained everything I needed to know about the Delta Auto Protection Plan, and I signed up after he explained everything to me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Great experience with Rick **. Very professional, and pleasing to work with. He explained things very well, and got extra vet day reduction on plan price. I shopped several other plans, and they were not acceptable. Other plans were pushy, hard sell.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Thank God for being able to cancel the other policy that I signed up with 5 days ago. I talked to Eric ** and he was great. He answered all my questions and not once did he down the other company. I now have a way better policy and I saved $1100.00 going with Delta. THANK YOU!!! Another nice thing I like is that if I have any questions or issues I just call Eric direct, not just call and wait for the next rep.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The garage called Delta and explained the issue. We needed a reconditioned gearbox as the 3rd & 4rth gears were damaged. Delta agreed to order and arrange for a new gearbox to be delivered. That was 9 days ago and we are still waiting for the box. The garage called yesterday and Delta told them that they will only cover $500 of the $2300 cost consider they initially told me they covered 100% of the repair cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Resolution response: Nov. 13, 2017

Delta Auto finally found a solution to my problem and apologized for the 3 week delay. The car was fixed to my satisfaction by paying the shop to rebuild the steering column. it is now good as new and back on the road.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I purchased a 2010 Maserati convertible 18 months ago and decided to purchase an extended warranty and chose Delta based on their reputation. I bought a bumper to bumper warranty for $5110. Two weeks ago my car went for a service and asked the garage to check an issue with the convertible roof, truck did not open and play in the steering column.

The garage listed the parts required to resolve the issue and contacted Delta. They apparently did not cover the issues with the roof and trunk but would cover the steering column. Ten days later the car is still in the shop and still waiting on the replacement column despite me calling them several times and told that the part was on route and due to be delivered today. I then receive a call from the shop telling me that Delta just called and the part was never ordered and they would only cover $500 of the $3900 part. This company is a bad as all the rest. They lie when trying to sell you policy. Lie when you call them for updates on a claim and do not honor the contract they sell you. To all those thinking about buying protection from Delta, think again.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

You get what you pay as is the case with Delta Auto Protect. I work at a dealership and have filed repair claims with this company two times and have yet to be paid on either claim. One dates back to March of 2017. I have called numerous times and been given nothing but the runaround of we will call you back or the check is in the mail. No supervisor to speak to who can assist with getting paid. Got to doing some digging and apparently their service is so bad the company president had to put a letter on their webpage saying they were not affiliated with another group doing the same thing. Well, they may not be the same group but their communication and follow up suck. I had to speak with someone in the overflow department who told me I should hear something by the end of the next business day. I won't hold my breath.

So, Charles Seruya, Mr. President of DAP, if you are still there, I would like for you to explain to me and all the people who think your coverage is sooo affordable and great, why my company can't get paid for repairs your company agreed to and authorized. In my eyes, they are clearly pocketing the money paid for contracts and not paying out any money for repairs, leaving the dealer or customer to foot the bill. I will also be filing a claim with the BBB and contacting the Attorney General to explore my options. 6 months waiting to be paid for something that was supposed to be paid in 24 hrs is unacceptable. Good luck buying their warranty protection folks, save your money and pay out of pocket if this is the only coverage you can afford. If anyone at DAP would like to speak with me, Jen, Geneva, Jackie, Jeff, and Aaron all have my contact information. They have taken it several times, however I am still waiting for a returned call.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Not bumper to bumper as advertised, I paid $300 Delta. Paid $600. Bought a new truck and wanted to get a warranty for the Bumper to Bumper Diamond Premiere plan: The sales guys were adamant that I just "take it to the dealer" and "it's all paid for", "we pay the dealer directly", "no worries." Well as expected the AC condenser failed at 40k miles (great right) no longer covered so I said, "Call Delta, they will take care of it." Well they call, I call, they call, I call, leave messages meanwhile my truck sits, and sits.

Finally 5 hours later I reach someone to "authorize the repairs?" The service advisor calls me back and says "they looked up a condenser on the internet and are only paying the online price for the part, not genuine GM parts." Me ok, well what else. "They won't pay for all of the labor (expected dealer labor is inflated at times) nor the freon, servicing, o-rings and seals and evacuating the freon." Something is better than nothing, but still not what was advertised. They answer the phone if you are buying, but collecting, that is another story.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was unable to reach the person assigned to my claim, and evidently the e-mail of the bill did not get to him so the process was slowed to the point I became angry. I wrote a very negative review. I believe that they can do better with communications but they are now processing my claim, and I believe they will be fair.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

About three weeks ago my car started saying Drivetrain Malfunction, and would stall into first gear. I brought it to get a quick test at AutoZone and the error code read Wastegate valve, but they couldn't fix it so they sent me to Firestone next door. Firestone got the same error and said it was specifically my turbo engine and they could not help me further. Thus, I took it Davie Motors, a shop nearby my home that specializes in European cars. There, they hooked my car up to a BMW specialized computer and got the same error codes (along with one more that the others could not pick up, my belt issue, but that is irrelevant). That was two and a half weeks ago.

From there, the shop proceeded to attempt to get in touch with Delta Auto Protect (I have a Diamond Premiere extended warranty contract with them for 95,000 more miles) to ensure they would cover my engine parts, which are explicitly stated in my contract under section V part A turbo charger: all internal parts covered. Unfortunately for them, the cost was around $4,000 (how much I paid for my warranty). The shop immediately left them a voicemail and two emails. After two days of no response, I attempted to reach out to them as well. Over the next week, I reached out to them an average of 8 times per day attempting to have someone call the shop (they attempted the same as well). No response. About 9 days from the day I dropped it off, I finally got a response, and they sent an inspector to check out my car.

The inspector came, drove my car with the technician, saw the error and felt my car go into first gear to protect itself. When they got back to the shop, the technician hooked the car up to the computer and showed him the same error codes and a week and a half prior. The inspector told him to reset the light, and he did. Because the light did not immediately come back on, he said her car isn't broken, and he left. The shop called me, just as frustrated as me, and said they told him it can take up to 3 run cycles for the car to show the light again. They insisted I leave the car for one more night because they know the light will return.

The next day, it did, just as they said. He hooked it up to the computer, and it was all of the same error codes. I attempted, over the next four days, to get in touch with the warranty, and at one point was even put on hold for 35 minutes. She finally said, “My supervisors just won't talk to you. I'm sorry”, took my email and hung up. I'm not sure if this happens often, but I have never dealt with anything like this in my life. My shop said on average it should take 24 hours to hear back from a warranty. I told them I want to press charges and still have not heard back. It has been two and a half weeks and if they don't get back to me tomorrow I will.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My truck needed repair and I brought it in to be serviced. I have called delta 6 times now to get this work approved and the only person who picks up is Aaron **. I think he is the only customer service rep there. DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM THEM!!! THEY SUCK. They will do everything in their power to delay the approval of a repair. Steer clear, warning, bad company.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

CustomerESP # **. I first started by looking up warranties on google and saw Delta Auto to be one of the first companies. After calling the top 3 I saw Delta had the lowest price by far. I should have listen to the old saying, "You get what you pay for." I purchased the middle policy Which was the top one for my 2011 Ford F-250 due to mileage from a very nice salesman. I got the policy in the mail and realized it didn’t cover all A/C components I thought it did. I called back to cancel it and they tried about 12 time convince me I needed and sent me to 4 different people so each one could try and convince me to keep it. Extremely pushy at this point.

Finally after they made me so mad that I started cursing they offered me the policy I wanted in the first place which I agreed to keep. Well before my first 30 days was up I ended up selling the truck due to getting a great offer on it I couldn’t refuse. So I called in to try and get my money back and spoke to Arron **, he tried a few time to let them hold my money until I buy another car and finally agreed to send me my money after waiting on hold for 30 mins. A week passes and no check. I called back in and Arron told me the check was issue and sent. Another week passes no check and now no one will answer my calls or messages. I very disgusted with the service they offer and I never even used it on my car. Unhappy customer.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I decided to shop around for an extended vehicle warranty plan for my 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I contacted a number of companies offering such plans, one of which was Delta Auto Protect. I waited for a few days for at least a couple of quotes to come in but I only received one response from Sam at Delta Auto Protect. Sam and I got together and we hammered out a coverage plan that fit my budget. I'm very appreciative of Sam's professional and caring service when the other companies let me down. Delta Auto Protect is indeed lucky to have Sam on their team.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Samuel ** helped us with a warranty for our 2013 Alpina B7. He gave me the best deal possible, which we truly appreciate. The process was fast and easy. We have peace of mind knowing our vehicle is protected by a great company. Thank you again, Sam!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Gillette - Great service from Sam. Look forward to dealing with him again. We have several customers that have inquired about these services and Sam is our go to guy. Very helpful in all aspects. Suggest to anyone that has a late model vehicle to look into these services.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I was looking for extended coverage on our 2010 Honda Crosstour. We purchased the car pre-owned, in pristine condition with less than 28,000 miles on it. With the cost of premium equipment like electronics, ABS, Nav system, etc... we wanted to minimize our costs for repairs. Joshua ** thoroughly explained our options, answered any questions we had, and explained what sets Delta apart from other warranty companies. He never pressured the sale, and worked with us through the whole process. I would highly recommend Joshua and Delta to friends.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Due to unexpected repair bills, I purchased an auto warranty. Buying it from Delta Auto Protect was pretty easy. Interaction with their rep was fine and he did everything I asked for. So far, my experience with them has been pretty painless, as well as short and sweet. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

To sum it up Delta Auto Protect saved my parents from the storm. I can't thank them enough for what they did. My father's car didn't start the day they needed to evacuate from the storm. I immediately called his warranty company Delta Auto Protect and they took care of everything. They called the tow company and found the only available shop in his area to fix his car. They made sure his car was back at his house in time to drive to me. Thank you for all your help, you guys are the best!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Shaun ** done his job very professionally. He is very knowledgeable about all areas with the extended warranty. I would recommend Delta Auto Protect to anyone. The coverage on the car and my truck is exactly what we were wanting, and then some.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I own a Jaguar and would never drive this car without a warranty because I know how expensive repairs could be. I chose Delta Auto and spoke with Rick **, who was extremely helpful and honest! I am happy I did because I recently had to have work done on my car and Delta took care of the bill and paid my shop directly. Quick and painless! Great company!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I was searching the web for an honest protection program with no middleman. After I submitted the quote form Josh called within 2-3 minutes to discuss the program. He was very professional and answered every question I had without putting me on hold to find out the answer. All information was sent asap and instructions were very clear. This was a very good experience and would recommend your product to anyone looking for the extended warranty protection.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Treated very good, Rick ** did a great job. I understood it all. If a friend ever need this I will give yall number. Love the cost and love that yall pay it all. Love forward to talking to Rick again. Thanks you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I just wanted to take a few minutes to compliment and thank your Customer Service Rep, Shaun **. As a woman of a certain age (66) it was very refreshing and comforting to be helped by Shaun. He was thoughtful, patient, knowledgeable about the insurance service and coverage and completely reassuring and kind with each and every one of my questions no matter how trivial. My sincere thanks and appreciation for him. He's a wonderful young man!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Great customer service from agent Shawn ** is a understatement. He made me feel so at ease with my warranty purchase. I will definitely be recommending my family and friends to Delta for the warranty needs. With great guys like him on your team I will definitely share this experience. You guys rock.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I just called for a quote during the flash sale, and your representative Shawn ** at ext ** was very helpful, and letting me know what was included as part of the flash sale. The entire process was very quick and easy and took less than 5 mins. Hopefully the service is as good should I need to submit a claim.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I talked to Delta Auto Protect and liked them so I took a policy out. The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. He called me back when he told me he was going to so follow through was very good. Afterwards, someone from customer service called and asked if everything was fine. I was given an explanation on the policy and the rep said, "Here's my number if you need to call. If you have a claim, that's 24-hours a day." So they gave me a lot of information. Overall, my experience with them was very good.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I had purchased a new car and it was on a higher end of getting maintenance. The rate that I was given by Delta was cheaper than the other providers, and then the deductible was better, too. The purchase of the warranty went fine and their specialist was professional. The people at Delta are kind and every time I asked a question, they were able to answer it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We were going to be keeping our car a little longer than we expected so to be on the safe side, I shopped around for a warranty and Delta Auto Protect had one of the fairest prices. Everybody was courteous and friendly and they gave us the best price. The buying experience was positive. Although I've only had it for a month now, they have good customer service and I've already recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Representative was good, friendly and quick, helpful in getting my vehicle back to me. I explained to the representative Ryan that I needed the vehicle by this weekend. He made a call and within minutes had the answer for me. I hope and I'm sure most people are happy with Ryan.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My car was old. I went to the company where I bought the car from but they said I was a tad bit over the mileage so I can't get the warranty from them. And so I googled auto warranty and Delta Auto Protect came up. They are the best one to go with. I called them to put my car in the shop to see how everything works out. Hopefully, I won't have any problems. So far, everything seems fine.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information