3.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

PROS

• Affordable plans
  • Covers older vehicles
  • Direct provider
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Doesn't cover high mileage vehicles
  • Inconvenient quote process

Top Delta Auto Protect Reviews

12/05/2018

Great service! Friendly guys on the phones! Always willing to help out when there's a problem. [The rep] was amazing and did everything he could to help me straighten things out with my car, which I love more than anything. Thank you guys!

04/28/2019

If you are thinking about purchasing an auto warranty, I highly recommend Delta Auto Protect. I am very happy that I chose Delta and would not hesitate doing so again in the future.

Delta Auto Protect cost

Delta Auto Protect’s extended auto warranties come at an affordable cost. Delta Auto Protect pricing is usually about 2 cents per mile, but costs will vary depending on the car. The mileage, year, make and model of the car are all important factors in determining your price. Delta Auto Protect also offers price matching, so if you find a lower price from their competitor, you can let them know and they’ll match it. Delta Auto Protect’s 24-month payment plans allow customers two years to pay off their extended auto warranties.

For the most accurate idea of how much a Delta Auto Protect extended auto warranty will cost, it’s best to call the company directly for a quote or submit the necessary information online at Delta Auto Protect’s website. One drawback of Delta Auto Protect’s quote process is that quotes expire quickly, sometimes in just a few hours. This is not ideal for customers wishing to take a longer time to consider whether a quote and suggested plan are right for them.

Down payments vary according to plan, but an average down payment is $100. Delta Auto Protect also has plans available with no deductible. This is a rare feature among extended auto warranty companies. Delta Auto Protect’s 30-day money back guarantee lets customers cancel their extended auto warranty if they decide it’s not right for them. It’s only available if they haven’t yet made a claim, however.

Delta Auto Protect plans

Delta Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Sample contracts are available on Delta Auto Protect’s website. Diamond is the most basic plan. Diamond Plus offers moderate coverage. Diamond Premier is the plan closest to exclusionary coverage.

Diamond
  • GPS navigation
  • AC
  • Fuel system

Delta Auto Protect coverage

Delta Auto Protect is a direct extended auto warranty provider. Their extended auto warranties offer coverage for up to eight years and can cover vehicles up to 20 years old. The company does not, however, cover vehicles with over 140,000 miles on them.

Delta Auto Protect has solid reimbursement policies. Rental car reimbursement provides customers with up to $65 per day for up to four days. That’s a total of $260. Most other extended auto warranties only provide reimbursement of $30 a day, which cannot cover the cost of most rental cars.

Every Delta Auto Protect warranty includes 24/7/365 roadside assistance services. This includes any issues you may have if you run out of gas, have a dead battery, need a locksmith or need your car towed to the nearest ASE-certified repair shop. All repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Delta Auto Protect has ASE-certified representatives on staff to help facilitate discussions.

Is Delta Auto Protect worth it?

Delta Auto Protect is well worth it if you are looking for a good deal on an extended auto warranty. The fact that they are a direct dealer means it will be easier to submit claims and resolve disputes. Their practice of price matching supports their already affordable prices, and deductible-free plans guarantee peace of mind when your car needs repairs. These unique features make Delta Auto Protect stand out among other extended auto warranty companies.

1602 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: June 5, 2019

Delta Auto has helped me more than any other company has. If I break down on the road, I can rely on them to tow my car where I need it. My family is on a budget so it's important that I use services that fits my family needs AND my budget. Being a single mom of 2 boys, things are hard to come by. James has basketball practice, Mark has football practice, both of their games. I make sure that I am there for my kids when they need me and at the same time, Delta makes sure they are there when I need them!

When my oldest son, James, had his first away game in the next town over, an area I had never driven in before, our car got a flat tire. I had no spare tires since I had run a wire through my tire a week before. I had no idea what to do, other than to call delta. I spoke with Hellen on the phone and she reassured me that everything would be okay. We made it to his game, and our team won! With that and Delta, a bad situation turned good. Thank you, Delta for being there for me and my boys.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had a problem with my BMW 640i this past Tuesday afternoon. I took it to my repair shop Munich Motorsports and they diagnosed it as a fuel injector problem. I told them I has an extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect and gave them the contact information. They contacted Delta on that Tuesday and got a quick response, Delta then contacted me on Wednesday and advised me that I had forgotten to sign my original contract and had not provided the necessary information to process my claim. They sent me an email link to my contract and info sheet and walked me through how to complete the information. I told them I needed to get my car back by the weekend because we were going on a trip, they said they would expedite my claim to make sure my repair shop got the repair authorization they needed in a timely manner so they could order the parts and begin work on my car as soon as possible.

I submitted the missing info on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I spoke with Delta who said they had uploaded the info into their system and would notify my repair shop by noon with an authorization. By 12:21 PM my repair shop notified me that they had received authorization from Delta and would order the parts necessary to fix my car and would have it ready by noon Friday. I couldn't be happier with Delta's response and sensitivity to my sense of urgency. They also reminded me to submit my rental car expenses so they could reimburse me (I had forgotten about that benefit).

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with Delta's responsiveness and the outcome. I would recommend Delta Auto Protect to anyone looking for an extended warranty. They were significantly less than BMW's factory extended warranty, and I can pick the repair shop of my choice which was Munich Autosports in Windsor Ct, who was also very sensitive to my needs and urgency. Delta and Munich worked closely together to expedite my requests for a quick turnaround. A big "thank you' to both of them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have had a Delta warranty plan for almost a year now. Never had any problems, so I was starting to think maybe I should not extend it for another year. Two weeks ago, an engine warning light came on, but the car still ran fine, so I said I can ignore it for a while and see what happens. Last Tuesday I went into the garage to start the car and go to work and... well, nothing. Engine not turning, that light on, and everything dead. No sound no nothing. Called Delta and explained the situation. It was 7 in the morning, so it took them about an hour to find someone to come over. I left for work and asked my wife to let the guy check the car. I got a call later that day from Delta, telling me the mechanic had checked the car, but the issue was not something he could sort in my garage and that he is about to tow the car to a repair shop, and they were asking for my ok to do so. I of course agreed.

The next morning, I got a cal, from the repair shop. On the other end was Dan, one of the mechanics let me know that it is a crankshaft sensor issue, and while the cost of the part was not that high, getting to it to replace it was going to take some labour cost. He wanted to let me know that he was going to call Delta and ask for a confirmation of the repair. Half an hour later, a rep from Delta called to let me know that they would cover the issue and have the car repaired. Today is Sunday, and I just got a call from Delta letting me know that the car has been repaired and they have already cleared the payment, so I can pick it up at my own convenience from the repair shop. And all I had to pay in excess is $112. I tell you, people, worth every penny. I'm one happy bird.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Car maintenance is not my strong suit. My boyfriend generally takes care of such 'mundane' tasks, Lol. Anyhow, I had to move to Dallas work for about a year, naturally I drove my trusty little Nissan to Dallas from Houston and would visit some weekends and my dear boyfriend would check my car out every time I came around. Well, this fateful day, on my way back to Dallas, my boyfriend heard a suspicious sound and suggested I get it checked out at his mechanic's before heading but I had a work deadline and had to make it back to Dallas by the next morning so, I declined (bad idea).

Long story short, my car broke down a couple of towns over. To say I was mortified would be an understatement. I located a mechanic shop not too far off and got a tow to said shop. They did a diagnosis and told me it was my transmission and asked me if I was still covered by my manufacturer's warranty. I called the manufacturer and they were only too happy to tell me I was no longer under warranty. I called my boyfriend as I was really upset at this point and of course he reminded me that I had purchased extended warranty on my car. A couple of calls later and my car was in the process of being fixed, with Delta Auto Protect reassuring me that my they'd handle the rest and let me just tell you that they got my car up and running in a matter of days. I can't thank them enough so I decided to tell someone about my wonderful experience as a way to thank them. Keep up the good work guys!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is like American Express - you can't leave home without it. It's no different than Mastercard too - there are some things money can buy. For everything else. there's Mastercard. Delta Auto Protect is an extended automobile warranty that's your guardian angel on the road. These days, driving on freeways and streets requires you to be on your guard and completely focused. Cars come now with built-in technologies that give enough help to the driver, but we are all human after all. Sometimes, things spiral out of control and you're stranded. That's where Delta comes in to save the day.

Delta provides you the coverage you need and saves you tons of money in vehicle tolling, repairs and what not. They're exceptional and dependable. They work directly with service providers to make sure you're never left without help. It's affordable and help is only a phone call away. Their official website is quite helpful to get you well acquainted with their services and answer all your questions.

I've used it personally a few times on the road. Once I was stranded on the freeway driving into Orange County from San Diego. I had pulled over on the side of the freeway and just gave Delta a call. Within 30 minutes or so, I was able to get my car towed to a car service station close by. The deductible was just $50 and I must say it's even better than going for the AAA membership. Simply put, you need it because while there's a cost to the coverage, it's better than paying insane amounts when you're left in a rut. Give Delta a shot and see how much you end up saving. You'll surely be impressed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: July 17, 2019

3 years and 3 claims down the road, I still think these guys are as great as I thought they were when I requested a quote and had the smoothest sale experience of my life. Can't ask for anything better.

Original review: July 17, 2019

What I find really cool about you guys is the 24/7 claims line. Somebody picking up at any time of the day or night, ready to assist you as best as possible. That is cool! Like in the Horrible bosses movie. Love it, just love it.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Have had them for two years now, 3 claims, all solved. Don't really have any negatives for them, maybe a suggestion: a hybrid extended warranty and car insurance product would be handy and mean a one point stop for me as a customer.

Original review: July 17, 2019

These guys are the real thing when it comes to service of any kind. Fast, responsive, really friendly sales and account manager. And the fact that they cover almost everything on your car is awesome! It's like giving my car a big brother to protect it.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Honestly, the purchasing experience was so pleasant, that I can't understand some of the comments here. I felt very well taken care of and will recommend this company to friends and family. Great pre-sales and sales experience.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Does not honor contract. I have had to use my warranty twice. Both times I am kept waiting several months after repairs were done. Please, do your homework. This company is not consistent in paying their invoices on time! Took vehicle in for repair that was done in a day several months ago. Shop still waiting for payment.

Original review: July 12, 2019

If you have hours to wait on the phone, get them. If you want to pay out of your pocket every time, get them. If you want to be ignored when you make a claim, get them. If you like your dealership to say "We do not accept Delta" get them. If you want the best sell team (only before you buy), get them. If you want to be scammed, get them. They are the best at all of the above and more.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I paid $1400 for their "Premier" warranty but ended up stuck with $4500 out-of-pocket expenses and only the coverage of one $50 part. They claim to have covered $450 but I've never seen anything other than the $50 part. Some of things you can expect with Delta: (a) Terrible call-in service - you always get put on hold many times for hours. (b) Long waits to get repairs approved - was without a car for nearly 2 weeks. (c) All kinds of excuses and qualifications that end in no coverage of anything. After half of the contract was done I canceled and they claim to have sent me a whopping $198. It's 72 days since I was verified as canceled by their service and I still have received the paltry refund. I would NEVER, EVER use their service again nor recommend them to anyone I care about.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The auto repair shop has to contact Delta Auto for authorization before proceeding with repairs. My dealer was put on hold for over 30 minutes, and had to make multiple calls to talk to someone to get authorization. My service advisor called me to explain the problem they were having getting authorization. I called and had the same experience, 35 minutes on hold, got a person on the phone, was told they had to transfer me, and they disconnected the call. I had to call back (wait another 40 minutes on hold), got the same person on the line, was told I needed to be transferred, but I told them what happened the last time he transferred me. He told me that if he transfers the call and the person does not pick up, it disconnects the call (no voice mail, nothing). When my service rep finally got someone on the line to authorize repairs (a heater, that was blowing cold air on the driver's side result of a faulty actuator), Delta denied the claim.

I have a Diamond Premier plan, which is supposed to be their top-of-the-line coverage. The actuator is a mechanical part but Delta told my service representative the part was not in their parts database so they had to deny the claim (I have a Ford F150 truck). The vehicle was at the dealership for 7 days before we could get Delta on the phone to authorize the claim, and they denied it. While the vehicle was at the dealership, they found a ball joint that needed to be replaced. Delta denied the claim. I had to call Delta (another 30 minutes on hold) and talk to a manager about why the ball joint was not covered. He told me a ball joint should be covered but they would have to send an inspector to the dealership first to inspect the vehicle, and the reason they denied the claim was because they felt the dealership was making up another repair because the heater was denied.

Delta authorized the ball joint repair but the dealership called me 30 days after the repair and said they had not received payment from Delta. More 30 minute waits on hold by both the service rep and me, lame excuses, but dealership finally did receive payment. If I could give Delta negative stars for service, value, and coverage, I would..

Original review: July 2, 2019

I purchased my first car in 2012. It was a second hand Honda Accord. I did not know much about the car maintenance and repair so my friend recommend me to buy a warranty to get peace of mind. I was looking for an affordable option for my car as I am a daily wages worker. I found the prices of Delta Auto Protect very reasonable and coverage was also good. I made first claim in June 2013 and I was so overwhelmed with the response of the Delta team. I decided to stick to this company in future and here I am still a customer of Delta Auto but this time I purchased a warranty for my brand new Ford.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I was interested in buying the full coverage for my car. I was told that the engine coverage will include the internally lubricate parts and and the main bearing. I also consulted my local mechanic before buying the warranty to be on the safe side. The mechanic told me that the deal looks pretty decent as the self-lubricating parts are also covered in it so it is fully covered. I purchased the warranty and it's going good.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Delta Auto Protect is a good company. I went to Delta for an extended warranty in 2017 and filed a claim in March 2019. The claim went well although there was a bit delay in authorization of the claim but they did it anyhow. The main challenge was the dealer. The specialized dealer that I approached for repair was quite expensive. He made a bill that was higher than the expectations and was not fully covered. I called Delta and talked to my rep about the situation. He then talked to dealer in detail and settled the bill. The dealer told me that Delta has taken care of everything.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Delta Auto Protect is quick to sell you a policy, but when it comes time to cancel your policy (they expressly offer a 30 day Money Back Guarantee), be prepared to make multiple calls and sit through the hard sell by their sales department. I had to interrupt the sales person multiple times, thank them for their "discounted" offer and stress the fact that I wanted to cancel. The sales person even went so far as to question my decision making by saying "Are you sure you're making the right decision". Not to mention, we as consumers shouldn't have to attempt to cancel in order to take advantage of their "added value discounts". I find this type of sales tactic to be off putting. I would not recommend this company. There are many others that offer lower initial rates with better customer service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2019

Please don't waste your time with this place. You will regret it in the long run. This place is a joke. I wouldn't do business with them if it was free. They will take your money and not help you with anything when the time comes. They will give you the run around and not pay nothing. When you want to cancel they fight with you about getting your money back. You will talk to 20 different people or it might be the same one using a different voice. They will say something different and play you like you're stupid. I have like 5 different people recorded all saying something different. This place is a mess. They will put you on hold for hours at a time. This place needs to be shut down. They have poor business. Please don't waste your time.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I feel compelled to write a review on the Delta Auto because I have had a really good experience with the company. I switched to Delta almost a year ago when the factory warranty of my new Honda Accord EX-L expired. I am basically from old school of thoughts and always value quality over pricing. The previous experience of warranty did not go well with the well reputed company despite their promises and promotions for being the best in the town. So I gave considerable time in searching for the best option for me to buy warranty. Delta seemed to be a good choice with respect to not only the pricing but also for its packages and other related offers like roadside assistance services, free towing, 24/7 availability, free fueling and much more. The sales rep I spoke to on phone also seemed to be a reasonable man with adequate knowledge. I am satisfied so far and look forward to get the expected services when the time comes.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Filed a claim, hard to get a hold of someone to help you (voicemails are also ignored). My car has been in the shop with a transmission problem for a week and they haven’t send an adjustor (inspector) yet. Very slow & frustrating process (AND I bought the most expensive plan - Diamond Premier). First & LAST time buying an extended warranty, not worth the price or the hassle. Terrible customer service.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I purchased a Diamond Premier warranty for $3,059 for my Maserati in December 2017. I immediately paid for the warranty and coverage begin after a 30 day waiting period. I did not have any repair claims and I sold the Maserati in January 2019. I have been trying to get my prorated refund since January 2019 and have been lied to and given the runaround ever since. I have spoke with numerous people, including Aaron ** and have been informed that the refund is being processed. To date I have not received a refund as it has not been processed 6 months later. I am totally upset and frustrated and will do whatever it takes, including going to the news and social media until I get satisfaction of receiving my refund. This review is just the beginning of what is to come. I am going to make sure this company does not keep my money and make other consumers aware.

Original review: June 24, 2019

The experience with Delta Auto has thus far been OKAY. When I purchased the warranty the sales rep told me I will be having discounted services and the plan name is Diamond Premier. But When I received the document the discount was just nominal and that too with conditions. The plan name was only "Premier" not "Diamond Premier". I hope when I will actually put the warranty into work they will be clear and transparent about authorization of the claim. I would tell you about my experience. Stay tuned.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Signed up July, have never gotten a pdf contract. Nor have I received the finalized contract with adjusted mileage that they promised upon signing up. Now, the rep won't call back or take my calls. Called and waited 30+ mins on the line for support. Which did not happen. People if they won't communicate with you and the contract isn't even valid yet. RUN< RUN< RUN!!!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased a second hand Audi VII from a friend. It was in meticulous condition but I knew how valuable an extended warranty can be for a car. So I purchased a a premier plan in January 2019. It covered my car for up to 200,000 miles for 5 years with one year discounted services. It was a good deal. I also like the attitude of the sale rep. But one thing that I found missing in the entire deal was that there was no updates or record on their website about customer's plan, their status etc. I mean they need to improve their websites so that customers can get information about their warranties on website. I had to wait for 2 weeks for my file to arrive so that I could read the plan thoroughly. I then cleared my queries and got to knew that I needed to wait for 2 weeks to make it work.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I traded my truck because of a severe rust problem. I canceled my contract and received a notice that I would receive a refund of $757 in 30-60 days. That was 6 months ago. I have called more than 6 times and each time I am assured the check will be sent. NOTHING!! They are stealing my refund. Today I started the process of suing them of $757 plus costs. Beware.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a warranty for my Volkswagen Jetta that I purchased in 2017 from a lot for a monthly deductible of $ 100. I did not file a claim after a year of buying the warranty because the car was performing exceptionally good. However, when the warranty needed to be put in to work I contacted Delta right away. At first the rep told me to took my car to a specific mechanic. But when I googled for the location of that mechanic it turned out to be far away from my present location. I called again to the rep and told him about the long distance. Maybe he misunderstood or what he pushed me to took my car to that location offering free towing. But for me it was impossible as it was almost 20 miles away. I called him again and emailed him also. After that he allowed me to take my car to any nearest mechanic and also apologized for misunderstanding.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I hardly ever leave reviews or go out of my way to publicly praise companies but I am so impressed by the employees at Delta Auto Protect that I had to spread the word!! They are incredible at being there for me when I need it most! They treat me better than family! My car is not in the best of shape so I am constantly having problems, but they are always there for me 24/7 with a tow and a rental without breaking the bank! I definitely recommend this affordable "Guardian Angel!" Five Stars!!!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

My experience with the Delta is just OK so far. The staff was really polite and professional at first during the purchase process. However, after purchasing the plan I received just two emails that too from a different sales rep and they sent me the final documents after two weeks. I was told I will receive the ID with my documents but I did not hear anything from them until after 3 weeks. I don't know anything more than this.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I did take out a coverage plan with Delta late last August 9 for $1800.00. The salesman name was Derreck. I was told I would have 30 days to cancel with no questions asked. I cancelled cancelled August 28 and have made several calls to Delta Auto Protect, was told repeatedly I would be getting my refund but I am still waiting. I even sent them a registered letter, which I know they received, but nothing seems to work. The last time I spoke to anyone at Delta was last Dec. or early Jan. I have kept a pretty detailed record of when I called but do not have that information at this location.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information