3.77/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

PROS

• Affordable plans
  • Covers older vehicles
  • Direct provider
  • Highly praised customer service

CONS

• Doesn't cover high mileage vehicles
  • Inconvenient quote process

Top Delta Auto Protect Reviews

12/05/2018

Great service! Friendly guys on the phones! Always willing to help out when there's a problem. [The rep] was amazing and did everything he could to help me straighten things out with my car, which I love more than anything. Thank you guys!

04/28/2019

If you are thinking about purchasing an auto warranty, I highly recommend Delta Auto Protect. I am very happy that I chose Delta and would not hesitate doing so again in the future.

Delta Auto Protect cost

Delta Auto Protect’s extended auto warranties come at an affordable cost. Delta Auto Protect pricing is usually about 2 cents per mile, but costs will vary depending on the car. The mileage, year, make and model of the car are all important factors in determining your price. Delta Auto Protect also offers price matching, so if you find a lower price from their competitor, you can let them know and they’ll match it. Delta Auto Protect’s 24-month payment plans allow customers two years to pay off their extended auto warranties.

For the most accurate idea of how much a Delta Auto Protect extended auto warranty will cost, it’s best to call the company directly for a quote or submit the necessary information online at Delta Auto Protect’s website. One drawback of Delta Auto Protect’s quote process is that quotes expire quickly, sometimes in just a few hours. This is not ideal for customers wishing to take a longer time to consider whether a quote and suggested plan are right for them.

Down payments vary according to plan, but an average down payment is $100. Delta Auto Protect also has plans available with no deductible. This is a rare feature among extended auto warranty companies. Delta Auto Protect’s 30-day money back guarantee lets customers cancel their extended auto warranty if they decide it’s not right for them. It’s only available if they haven’t yet made a claim, however.

Delta Auto Protect plans

Delta Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Sample contracts are available on Delta Auto Protect’s website. Diamond is the most basic plan. Diamond Plus offers moderate coverage. Diamond Premier is the plan closest to exclusionary coverage.

Diamond
  • GPS navigation
  • AC
  • Fuel system

Delta Auto Protect coverage

Delta Auto Protect is a direct extended auto warranty provider. Their extended auto warranties offer coverage for up to eight years and can cover vehicles up to 20 years old. The company does not, however, cover vehicles with over 140,000 miles on them.

Delta Auto Protect has solid reimbursement policies. Rental car reimbursement provides customers with up to $65 per day for up to four days. That’s a total of $260. Most other extended auto warranties only provide reimbursement of $30 a day, which cannot cover the cost of most rental cars.

Every Delta Auto Protect warranty includes 24/7/365 roadside assistance services. This includes any issues you may have if you run out of gas, have a dead battery, need a locksmith or need your car towed to the nearest ASE-certified repair shop. All repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Delta Auto Protect has ASE-certified representatives on staff to help facilitate discussions.

Is Delta Auto Protect worth it?

Delta Auto Protect is well worth it if you are looking for a good deal on an extended auto warranty. The fact that they are a direct dealer means it will be easier to submit claims and resolve disputes. Their practice of price matching supports their already affordable prices, and deductible-free plans guarantee peace of mind when your car needs repairs. These unique features make Delta Auto Protect stand out among other extended auto warranty companies.

1554 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 10, 2019

I had a problem with my BMW 640i this past Tuesday afternoon. I took it to my repair shop Munich Motorsports and they diagnosed it as a fuel injector problem. I told them I has an extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect and gave them the contact information. They contacted Delta on that Tuesday and got a quick response, Delta then contacted me on Wednesday and advised me that I had forgotten to sign my original contract and had not provided the necessary information to process my claim. They sent me an email link to my contract and info sheet and walked me through how to complete the information. I told them I needed to get my car back by the weekend because we were going on a trip, they said they would expedite my claim to make sure my repair shop got the repair authorization they needed in a timely manner so they could order the parts and begin work on my car as soon as possible.

I submitted the missing info on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I spoke with Delta who said they had uploaded the info into their system and would notify my repair shop by noon with an authorization. By 12:21 PM my repair shop notified me that they had received authorization from Delta and would order the parts necessary to fix my car and would have it ready by noon Friday. I couldn't be happier with Delta's response and sensitivity to my sense of urgency. They also reminded me to submit my rental car expenses so they could reimburse me (I had forgotten about that benefit).

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with Delta's responsiveness and the outcome. I would recommend Delta Auto Protect to anyone looking for an extended warranty. They were significantly less than BMW's factory extended warranty, and I can pick the repair shop of my choice which was Munich Autosports in Windsor Ct, who was also very sensitive to my needs and urgency. Delta and Munich worked closely together to expedite my requests for a quick turnaround. A big "thank you' to both of them.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Have had a Delta warranty plan for almost a year now. Never had any problems, so I was starting to think maybe I should not extend it for another year. Two weeks ago, an engine warning light came on, but the car still ran fine, so I said I can ignore it for a while and see what happens. Last Tuesday I went into the garage to start the car and go to work and... well, nothing. Engine not turning, that light on, and everything dead. No sound no nothing. Called Delta and explained the situation. It was 7 in the morning, so it took them about an hour to find someone to come over. I left for work and asked my wife to let the guy check the car. I got a call later that day from Delta, telling me the mechanic had checked the car, but the issue was not something he could sort in my garage and that he is about to tow the car to a repair shop, and they were asking for my ok to do so. I of course agreed.

The next morning, I got a cal, from the repair shop. On the other end was Dan, one of the mechanics let me know that it is a crankshaft sensor issue, and while the cost of the part was not that high, getting to it to replace it was going to take some labour cost. He wanted to let me know that he was going to call Delta and ask for a confirmation of the repair. Half an hour later, a rep from Delta called to let me know that they would cover the issue and have the car repaired. Today is Sunday, and I just got a call from Delta letting me know that the car has been repaired and they have already cleared the payment, so I can pick it up at my own convenience from the repair shop. And all I had to pay in excess is $112. I tell you, people, worth every penny. I'm one happy bird.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Car maintenance is not my strong suit. My boyfriend generally takes care of such 'mundane' tasks, Lol. Anyhow, I had to move to Dallas work for about a year, naturally I drove my trusty little Nissan to Dallas from Houston and would visit some weekends and my dear boyfriend would check my car out every time I came around. Well, this fateful day, on my way back to Dallas, my boyfriend heard a suspicious sound and suggested I get it checked out at his mechanic's before heading but I had a work deadline and had to make it back to Dallas by the next morning so, I declined (bad idea).

Long story short, my car broke down a couple of towns over. To say I was mortified would be an understatement. I located a mechanic shop not too far off and got a tow to said shop. They did a diagnosis and told me it was my transmission and asked me if I was still covered by my manufacturer's warranty. I called the manufacturer and they were only too happy to tell me I was no longer under warranty. I called my boyfriend as I was really upset at this point and of course he reminded me that I had purchased extended warranty on my car. A couple of calls later and my car was in the process of being fixed, with Delta Auto Protect reassuring me that my they'd handle the rest and let me just tell you that they got my car up and running in a matter of days. I can't thank them enough so I decided to tell someone about my wonderful experience as a way to thank them. Keep up the good work guys!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is like American Express - you can't leave home without it. It's no different than Mastercard too - there are some things money can buy. For everything else. there's Mastercard. Delta Auto Protect is an extended automobile warranty that's your guardian angel on the road. These days, driving on freeways and streets requires you to be on your guard and completely focused. Cars come now with built-in technologies that give enough help to the driver, but we are all human after all. Sometimes, things spiral out of control and you're stranded. That's where Delta comes in to save the day.

Delta provides you the coverage you need and saves you tons of money in vehicle tolling, repairs and what not. They're exceptional and dependable. They work directly with service providers to make sure you're never left without help. It's affordable and help is only a phone call away. Their official website is quite helpful to get you well acquainted with their services and answer all your questions.

I've used it personally a few times on the road. Once I was stranded on the freeway driving into Orange County from San Diego. I had pulled over on the side of the freeway and just gave Delta a call. Within 30 minutes or so, I was able to get my car towed to a car service station close by. The deductible was just $50 and I must say it's even better than going for the AAA membership. Simply put, you need it because while there's a cost to the coverage, it's better than paying insane amounts when you're left in a rut. Give Delta a shot and see how much you end up saving. You'll surely be impressed.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Although my new FIAT came with a manufacturer’s warranty, I decided to buy an extended warranty as a precaution, after having seen many of my family members do it. For me, I wanted to make sure I could cover costs of repairs that were not going to be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, or repairs that were necessary after it expired. I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase. I spoke with about 5 different company reps over the phone. I did not want to rely on information online. Delta Auto Protect was the first company I called. The rep I spoke with gave me a lot of clarity in understanding how extended warranties work. She listened to my concerns and was very interested in helping me address them. I wanted to be a responsible consumer, so I did not purchase right then and there, but after speaking to a few more companies, I decided to purchase from Delta.

Although their extended warranty does cover fire, flood, or car crashes, I thought it was the best bet because it was the most comprehensive in covering things like wear & tear, electrical and mechanical issues. Additionally, I was happy to have a service that would provide me with assistance in locksmith emergencies because I am notorious for locking my keys in my car. I have been a Delta Customer for close to a year, and I haven't had to do any repairs yet, but I was grateful that I was able to cover the price of a locksmith when I did lock my keys in the car the other day. I decided to come leave a review because I was really impressed with how quickly my claim was handled. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: May 26, 2019

Once I filled in my quote request it was all smooth sailing. Somebody called me and after asking a few questions about my car offered me a great deal on the extended warranty. They seem to be very well trained, as the person knew exactly what might go wrong and not, and also offered me the Diamond plan for the price of the standard one. Love it!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have been a paying customer of this company for some time now, and have had to use them on two occasions. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes you have to wait for a bit on the claims line, around 10 minutes. But the experience is ok after that. People picking up the phones seem to be very willing to help, and ask all the right questions to make sure they understand the situation.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Really nice company sales reps. They got me up to date with everything I need to know before signing. And when my dad signed with them also, I got a 10 free car-wash coupon. Thumbs up. Have not used the warranty yet.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I am a satisfied customer. The people in this company are all extremely friendly and helpful. The rep I was in contact with for my quote was the nicest guy ever. It took less than two days to have everything set up, drafted and signed. I found the experience to be smooth and painless.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Anyone looking at these reviews should pay close attention to the negative complaints. When you call Delta to purchase a warranty, you would think the world of them. They will treat you better than a family member. Once they have your money, trust me when I tell you, you will NEVER EVER get a service from them. If you plan on cancelling your policy, say goodbye to your money because you will never see it. I encourage you to call Delta and select option 2 for questions about your policy and see how long you will be on the phone. Now imagine if that was you or your mechanic trying to get authorization for your repairs.... You'll never get it. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

Original review: May 16, 2019

After submitting a claim, then calling back to check on the claim, they put you on hold for at least 30 minutes. They then say they will call back & that never happens. I was able after 3 days to get hold of Aaron (supervisor) to make headways. The wait period was not right for me or the repair shop. If it wasn't for Aaron I would be looking for another company for my two cars. Give 5 stars to Aaron for his help. SAM **.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Initially unsure of repair activation process. After connecting Delta agent with Mazda Service Dept, the process smoothed out nicely. The Delta warranty repair plan appears to have been a smart choice. This policy has proven to be a good peace of mind investment for parents and our daughter.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I give them 5 stars because they were not only nice and helpful but also solved my problem, and in the end, I only paid a very small deductible. What more could I ask for? My car is back up and running all thanks to them. Great company!

Original review: May 13, 2019

Amazingly low premiums and very friendly staff. Loved the whole interaction. 5 stars from me and a thumbs up for the people that pick their employees. Very nice experience overall and a feeling that I'm in the right hands when it come to my car.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Good service, good value for money, very nice experience overall, friendly reps. Willing to explain it all to you before you put pen to paper. Had a million questions and the rep was patient enough to cover them all with me and confirm that I understood. 5 stars.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had a very nice experience with this company, both while researching and after signing the contract with them. They are professional and kind and always willing to help. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: May 13, 2019

When my car's transmission went out, I was over the moon excited to hear that I was covered by Delta Auto Protect. Thankfully I had decided to purchase an extended vehicle warranty, otherwise I would have been stuck paying thousands for a new transmission. This is an investment worth taking the time to purchase, especially because buying a whole new car is so expensive. If it wasn't for Delta Auto Protect I wouldn't have a car to drive right now. Great plans, great service, great company!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I am satisfied with the services provided by this company. As a plus, they are very nice and friendly, extremely professional and ready to help. They cover a lot of things with the insurance. When it comes to minuses, I guess they could improve the wait times on the lines a bit, although they're not horrible, and maybe make sure that all documents that are required are gathered by the customer when a claim is closed. But overall, I'm quite pleased with this service. 5 stars from me.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have never had a nicer experience with any company I ever signed a contract with. Beginning with the initial contact and continuing with every contact I ever had with them, I always felt like I was getting the full attention I needed and the support I had signed up for. I am truly charmed by the way this company treats its clients. I recommended it to all of my friends and the feedback they gave me convinced me it wasn't just a lucky coincidence for me. 5 stars and keep it up!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I am very satisfied with the quality of the service provided. People here are VERY nice and friendly. They make sure you understand everything and are ready to answer any questions you might have. They work with you to find the solution that best fits your needs and budget and are willing to go beyond just to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. I highly recommend Delta Auto Protect's extended warranty programme.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had to replace my clutch solenoid (still not sure what that is) on my Honda, and had the best service I could imagine from DAP. I am very grateful for the assistance! Quick and to the point, I would say. Thank you!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I purchased an extended auto warranty for my 2008 Lexus $400 H hybrid vehicle. I made a claim about 3 months after I made the purchase. I reviewed the claim for a new radiator because the original leaked at about 102,000 miles. The claim was accepted and my trusted mechanic said: They sell the customer a bill of goods and have good service for customer relations but the warranty company tries to not pay the shop it's due. I assured him that he was incorrect and that Delta would pay as promised. I was assured in turn by the phone salesperson, Sam **, his supervisor Arron and the claims adjuster Blake, that all would be handled. My mechanic sent an estimate, it was okayed. The work was then completed.

The bill came to $479 which was quite reasonable by any standard. The Repair Pal site said the costs should run from $779 to $825 including labor. The cost at a nearby Lexus dealer were estimated just under $900. Delta Auto Protect, after 3 months and a dozen phone calls and the work estimate had to be sent twice because they claimed it was lost. The bill is still not paid. I have never even received a phone call back after repeated promises that all would be paid and that I would receive direct word back from them. As much as I would like to think that Delta Auto Protect is legitimate, I am now force to believe it's a scam.

Original review: May 10, 2019

As a Auto Dealer who sells extended warranties I would never recommend Delta. The lack of communication from this company is horrible. I have clients who bring their cars in for service and 9/10 the contracts sold to them will not cover the repairs needed. Also the biggest issue with Delta is trying to get payment from them if a repair is covered. As a business you can imagine how frustrating that can be. There are way better companies out there to work with. Please contact me if you'd like to know what companies. And as for Delta we will no longer honor your warranty as you're too difficult to work with.

Gary
Jstar Auto Group

Maserati & Alfa Romero of Anaheim Hills

Original review: May 10, 2019

We purchased a Vehicle Extended Warranty for 2500.00 on May 24, 2018 from this company. Sold the truck on January 17, 2019, cancelled the policy and asked for a refund. Received email stating we would receive a refund of 1850.00 within 60 days. Have not received it. In contact with them at least 3 times a month since and told we would receive the check within 10-15 business days. Still no check. Last time contacted was May 10, 2019. Was told by Service Manager (866-598-5429, extension **), we would receive the check again within 10-15 business. Same story we’ve heard for 4 months now. We are being lied to and taken advantage of. Please help us with this matter.

Original review: May 7, 2019

On 8-30-2016 I purchase a Diamond Premier extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect (DAP) for my 2014 Nissan Rogue. I was told that I could use the warranty at any ASE certified shop. I found out that all the shops in my area would not take the warranty and asked that I paid in advanced. I have contact DAP everyday for three weeks to find out if someone would be covered on my car or if I could get reimbursed for a warranty claim.

Highlights of contact done to reach DAP with no luck (This does not include all the calls. Just the highlights): 4-22-19 Called and was told someone would call me back during normal business hours. I never received a call. 4-27-19 Called back and was told someone would call me back that they are really busy and would get them the message. I never received a call. 4-29-19 Sent email to info@deltaautoprotect.com and jdevins@deltaautoprotect.com with no email or call back. 5-6-19 Called and waited 32 minutes no one answered.

5-7-19 Called and waited 45 minutes. Someone got on the phone then hung up. 5-17-19 Called the sales line and someone answered in 30 seconds but said they could not help me. They sent me to the service line and waited 32 minutes no answer. 5-17-19 Called again and waited another 30 minutes. Someone got on the phone and hung up. I was reading reviews and see that this was a scam. I have reached out to the BBB and disputed the charge on my credit card as fraud.

Original review: May 7, 2019

‼️️‼️SCAMMERS‼️‼️ They will never pay for your repair and when you cancel they will never refund your money, continuously saying your check is mailed with a false tracking number. Your check will never arrive. It’s been 6 months and we are still waiting for our money after talking to over 10 managers who all said they sent our money‼️‼️

Original review: May 6, 2019

I'm still waiting for my undisputed refund check which is 7 months overdue. I've called and emailed 17 times. Each time I am told that I need to wait 10-15 business days for the check to arrive. They do not respond to voicemails or emails. Every time I call, I am told a new story - the person I spoke to previously is on vacation or unavailable and my new customer service rep will keep on top of my account and make sure that my payment goes through. They've given me bogus USPS tracking numbers. It all seems to be organized stall and delay tactics. Seems intentional and criminal.

Original review: May 6, 2019

5 stars from me for this service. Small premium, nice people on the claim line, small deductible and loads of shops working with them in the Dallas area. Would recommend to anyone, true American service.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I love these guys! Always bring a smile on my face when I call the claims line, as upset as I might be. That's what a service is supposed to do. Give you the confidence in knowing there's someone there to watch your back when your car fails, and also knows how to cheer you up a bit. And they're the real deal, twice I called, twice they were on top of it. Thanks, guys!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Stop looking for anything better. All the companies have issues, that's how the industry works, like a constant juggle. Delta at least is fair and has friendly people trying to help with any kind of situation, even when it's not fully eligible. Like my situation, where the whole door lock mechanism was not covered, but they found a way to help me change the driver door one, because it was faulty. And I only had to pay a fraction of the cost. Use your brain to choose, and not other's.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information