Delta Auto Protect

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Vehicle Extended Warranty - I went online to look for a warranty for my car and got immediate response from Jessie who walked me through the program and set me up quickly and at a very good price. After doing my research on Consumer Very Affairs I was hooked, so far I am very satisfied.

The check engine light on my Mercedes-Benz came on over the weekend so I took it to the dealership and the service advisor gave Delta Auto Protect a call. He said he spoke with their claims rep and they were great because they covered everything. Delta basically paid them so it was excellent. I know that they are the warranty provider and not just a broker, so I went with them. Their rep was great. He gave me an excellent rate and went over all their coverage. He let me know that I deal with them directly and have no one else involved.

I filed the claim when I needed it and they fixed my alternator and a couple of other things that went out. I paid the $100 deductible and also got the rental while it was in there for a few hours. They spoke with Delta's claims rep and went over the pricing in detail. Delta paid it directly to the dealership. They do as they say not like other companies which makes them better than the rest. They're a smooth company and fantastic.

I've had several auto warranties in the past and I think it's a wise investment. I don’t usually buy new cars. I buy lower mileage used cars and getting warranty is a lot better deal overall. Delta Auto Protect had good ratings overall and they had better prices compared to the other company I was looking at. Delta also handles everything in-house, which is important to me. The last one I had had a third party that handled all the claims and that was a little bit of a hassle.

When I talked to their reps, I didn’t really have to ask too many questions other than the bill about the claim because most of it was documented well enough on the policy on the internet. So anything I had, they answered just fine. I'm looking at purchasing another vehicle because my wife’s car was totaled by another driver, so I have to buy a warranty again and I'll check Delta out as well for it.

I usually get an extended warranty through the dealer, but my favorite dealership in town no longer exists so I bought at a different one. I looked for an active market warranty and went with Delta Auto Protect. The rep's attitude was really one of the reasons I went with the company. He was very nice and professional, and he explained things thoroughly. I've had it for a couple of months now, and they have good one-on-one customer service.

I purchased a used car with 90-some odd thousand miles on it and I thought of acquiring an auto warranty for it. I went with Delta because of their price. I looked at a lot of different plans, and I felt that for the value that I would get, Delta’s price was amazing. I also had a set of questions and they were able to help me with every question that I had. They made it easy to make a decision and they offer a really good product. But I sold the car not long after I bought it, so I had to cancel the warranty. I didn't get the refund check yet, but I did speak to the cancellation representative. And if I buy another used car and needed an extended warranty for it, I will contact Delta again.

I had some bad experiences with some used cars and things were expensive having no long-range warranty. I ended up losing the whole car because it would cost more to fix it than the car was worth and just took it to the junkyard. It’s one of those things where I felt like I may not need a warranty, but as long as the price doesn’t totally keep me from doing it, it’s a good investment. The last warranty I had was with one of the dealers and was not quite as good as Delta Auto Protect. It was a 36,000-mile warranty and there was a deductible. I paid $2,200 through the dealer for this warranty. The one that Delta had covered more than theirs did and there was no deductible. Delta also covered more mileage of 45,000 and it's another 12,000 miles for less money.

The fellow that I talked to knew right away everything that I asked him and the answers with it. I told him that I would check some other places and he said that he’ll give it to me for $1,400 instead of $1,700 and that he'll make it no deductible if I wanna do it, which changed my mind and I was happy about that option. Then I asked him if he would mail me the policy, and he said he will. I printed it off when I got it so I've got something to carry in my glove box. He was helpful and cordial. He also explained to me that I could take the car to an ASE certified shop or to a dealer and that was cool to me because I got a Mini Cooper and there’s not a lot of shops for that so I’d rather take it to the dealer if I could.

Then it was strange communicating through emails trying to send pictures of my VIN and my license tag. It was intense and took me two hours to sign up. That part was a drag. I just thought if they could figure out a way to do it without pictures. Because as long as the number that was sent matched when they did the repairs on the car, what’s the difference between having a picture of the tag? That just kinda bothered me. But it’s been a pleasant experience all around. I felt good about the price, the coverage, and the deductible. All the correspondence back and forth has been pretty easy. I just bought it and I'm hoping I don’t have to use it. But if I do, I feel like I’ve got something to back me up beside my bank account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On Saturday last, I came upon a newer Mercedes-Benz that I preferred over my current one. I spent time evaluation the car, visiting with dealer personnel. And eventually we came to terms which were more or less satisfactory... Then I called Delta, they were very agreeable. And we initiated a transfer of the remaining warranty on the 06. It was transferred to the "10.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Just want to let you know Joshua ** was extremely helpful and patient. Explained everything in great detail and once again super patient with my four month search. He is a keeper. Explanation of your company plan and insurance of me getting a quality insurance was very important. Thanks again.

Factual basis uncertain

When I purchased the vehicle at the dealership, they offered me some warranty on my car but it was very pricey. So I shopped around and came across Delta. I called to get a quote and I was planning on going with them because the price they gave me was cool. I gave my account information to the rep I talked to and he told me that if I waited until the next day the price he gave me may not be available. But I told him to wait as I wanted to call the dealership first to see if they would counter the price or if I could get a better kind of warranty through them because I really wanted a warranty through the dealership. But by the time I called the dealership and checked my account, I was at work. Then I got a notification that such and such amount has been deducted out from my account. But I wasn't aware of that and I didn't give the initial go ahead for them to deduct the payment out of my account.

They also pretty much told me that everything was covered and that if my car breaks down, I should call them and they'd get it towed for me. But my car had an issue last week so I called them for a tow. It was during business hours and they told me I have to pay for it then they'll see about reimbursing it. Also, my car is sitting at the shop now and I’ve yet to get it fixed because the people are waiting on Delta.

And when I wanted to cancel the warranty, Delta told me that if I did that, they'll keep the set-up fee of $400 and send me partial even though I've never used the warranty since I signed up. So I said they should hold on to it. But if they don't fix my car, then I'm canceling even if they give me half of what I paid. I've lost money and they're not very honest. They're not upfront with what is covered by the warranty. They will tell the customer that everything is covered just to make sales. Then when I call them and try to speak with somebody in the service department, I can't even get anybody. They would send me to the receptionist.

My auto warranty had expired from when I previously bought the truck. I shopped four warranty companies but talking to Josh from Delta Auto Protect made me feel comfortable with what I was purchasing and he seemed to give me a better deal than anybody else, too. He was also very helpful, responsive and he answered all the questions pretty thoroughly. I had to use the warranty not too long ago and I contacted him and he made sure everything got taken care of. It took them a few days to get a part approved and they said that the system was being restarted so, it was taking longer than normal. But that was taken care of and it was great. Having an extended warranty is very valuable and I’m glad I purchased the policy from them.

I called Delta Auto because I had only gotten email response as far as paperwork and I was wondering if I needed a card, like an identification card, but apparently, they don't issue that. It would've been nice to have an ID card that you could present if you go into a dealer and say, "Here’s my warranty information." Delta doesn't provide that. Other than that, it has been fine so far.

I had a problematic Mercedes with expensive repairs, and since Delta Auto Protect was the cheapest with the same coverage, at least on paper, I signed up with them. They were fairly helpful. Although they didn't tell me how to file claim, I see it on the paperwork. They explained what was covered and how it worked and then I read the contract that they sent and that backed up what the claims were. The contact process and the paperwork were abnormally difficult, but I was able to figure it out.

Delta Auto Protect was cheaper than the other ones at the dealership so I made a decision to go with them. Aside from their great price, their warranty is also great and their rep told me what the warranty covered and sent an email with all the information on it. I read through it and agreed. It was simple.

I looked into getting an extended auto warranty for my daughter as she's recently in college. The people at the car dealership were a little pushy and could not answer some of the concerns that I have but when I called Delta, they clearly went through the coverage and how I would go about getting the care that the car required at any given time. I found out also that they were available throughout the after hours. The plan was affordable and by paying upfront, it had me eligible for discounts rather than doing the monthly installment. It was a plus and always an incentive when I can get some sort of discounts on things.

Last week, I filed a claim. I simply gave them a call and it was after hours so they reached out to me the very next morning. The most recent guy that I've talked to was phenomenal. It was just great when he reached out and guided me in the right direction for the car repair. He gave me instructions as to where to take the car to get it evaluated for whatever problems it was experiencing and right away, we got it up in there and got it fixed. They handled everything and we didn't have to deal with the payment. My car is still fairly new but when the time comes for me to look into that type of plan for my vehicle, I'm definitely going to push it. I would definitely recommend them and have referred two people to look into it.

I wanted my car to be covered for anything that will go wrong with it. Delta Auto Protect's price was lower than others, but the rep I talked to was not very good. He didn't explain exactly what it was that was not covered by the warranty and he told me that everything was covered, bumper to bumper. But when I went to the dealer, I got the car checked out and had to pay out of pocket to fix a couple of things. I filed a claim and they said that they were not going to cover any gaskets or seals. I also tried to call them a few times and they weren't available. They had to give me a call back but I was never returned any phone call regarding the issue of cancelling. It hasn't been a pleasant experience and I cancelled with Delta because of that.

Factual basis uncertain

When I purchased my diamond premiere coverage and paid in full, I was assured that I would get prompt service. However, I did not expect the representative Aaron ** to deny my claim less than 24 hours after it was made. So here's the issue, my 2012 BMW X6 started sputtering showing an engine malfunction, I took it to the dealer who informed me that the fuel injector was acting up. Under my warranty it clearly states that my fuel injectors were covered. Delta Auto Protect promptly denied my claim stating, that because there's memo from BMW stating, that if you must replace a fuel injector it must be replaced by the newer model injector and that you cannot mix the new and old injectors. I've called Aaron ** twice and left recorded messages and still haven't heard back from him or anyone at Delta Auto Protect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Porsche Cayenne needed a coil pack replaced. In fact one coil pack failed a few weeks ago and I was told by the Porsche mechanic that all 8 needed replacement as they will all fail once one does. Delta Auto Protect agreed to fix the first coil pack fail but not to replace the rest. As happened another coil pack failed and Porsche was told by Delta Auto Protect that they will only fix the new broken part even though the mechanic thought this was not smart and the remaining 6 should be replaced. But to the rescue came Aaron ** from Delta Auto Protect. Aaron sorted this issue and all coil packs are now replaced. I have found dealing with Aaron ** a pleasure and his attitude is very professional. My confidence in Delta Auto Protect is now high because of my dealings with Aaron.

I hope that if there is ever another issue I can deal directly with Aaron as I find him so much easier to deal with than others I have spoken to who never return calls at Delta Auto Protect. Aaron ** is not known to me personally and I write this with no intention except to make it known to Delta Auto Protect that Aaron ** is an asset to the company and to clients like myself.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 13, 2017

Recently, I have experienced an issue with window motor and regulator. I went to local mechanic and learnt about the issue and gave him Delta papers. The dealer called the delta rep and submitted all the costs which they analysed and approved. All I had to pay is deductible from my pockets and everything is set.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I have gone for diamond premium plan which says it is going to cover everything other than wear and tear items. The rep Rick said that they cover all parts and labor cost. After one month, I have experienced an issue with rear left window and came to know that window motor and regulator must be replaced. The repair guy called Delta only to come to know that they only 25% of the cost and they do not pay for labor. Am going to cancel the contract and look for better companies in market. They cheat and does not bother about customers once contract is signed.

I have a BMW and that’s a car that you do not want to have without an extended warranty. After the dealer gave me a quote, I researched for two weeks and I started calling all these companies. It was so high pressure because a lot of them wanted you to decide immediately. Delta Auto Protect was professional on the phone, they weren’t pushy and they were very different to deal with compared to others. They respond to emails very fast and they are easy to get a hold of. I also read that they were number three in the United States. I told them what I want because I already knew what’s out there. They gave me the best deal and the best price and I decided to go with them. Plus their warranty starts when my factory warranty expires. I don’t need to start it right away and pay for the duration that I don’t need.

I spoke with Jessie about my protection plan. She explained what plans they have and the deductibles. And that here is another warranty for the tires and the rims that they provided and what it covers. I still didn’t get all the information that I needed on Delta Auto Protect because the package was mailed to the wrong address, unfortunately. But it's ok, it was a mix-up.

I used to work at a bank so I used to have people come in all the time trying to get loans for car repairs and one of the best things at the bank is we sold one as well. But I did a little research and Delta Auto Protect was one of the best. Their specialist was knowledgeable and very upfront. He answered a lot of different questions for me and he told me a lot of things that it covers as far as engine and transmission. It's good to ask right and major questions before you get a policy because you definitely don't want to get a policy and certain things are not covered. I love the price that he gave me so it worked out good. It was a decent experience.

The warranty that came with the car that I purchased had expired. Delta Auto Protect's pricing was good and their rep was very cordial and communicated what they can offer me in a very understandable way. Some warranties don't cover anything and there are hidden messages regarding certain things on the car and he was good at communicating those things in addition to following back up with me in regards to my decision and persistent. Also, some of the other auto warranty providers are not available during the weekend and Delta Auto had a number I could call if I needed to even if it was during the weekend. I'm pleased with what the warranty covers for the price that was paid.

I just purchased a used car from CarMax and a lot of the choice for getting Delta Auto Protect came down to price, but also a lot of it was the coverage that it offers seems to be a little bit better than other providers. The certified vehicle protection specialist contacted me by phone because he’s requesting a quote. It was about a day later that they got back to me. After sending DMV, actual mileage and the VIN on the car, I had my coverage within about 30 minutes of talking to him.

Payment was all upfront, but I'm really happy about the pricing. It was about $3,000 less than what CarMax was offering, and it has a zero-dollar deductible compared to a $1,000 deductible. I’ve only been with Delta for less than a month, so the coverage hasn't actually kicked in yet, but I already referred one of my friends. I told him it was all about the cost compared to all the other providers as well as how easy it seems the claim process will be. We just talk to the mechanic at whatever shop we go to and they’ll handle the claim with Delta. We don't have to get preauthorized or anything like that.

We wanted to have the protection of having a warranty for our car so we chose Delta Auto Protect mostly because of their price. It's only been a month but so far, everything has been positive. They have a high star rating and that's also the reason I chose them over the others.

I know how expensive it can be if you have a breakdown. I signed up with Delta Auto Protect and my purchasing experience was very good. The questions I asked were answered. There was no run around or anything like that.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Diamond Premier purchased 10/20/16. This has been my first repair request on ESP # (**). The backup camera and lane assist on the vehicle no longer works. I

took the car to the dealer for repair. Delta Auto Protect is a bait and switch company - they tell you anything they need to tell you when purchasing and when time for repair, they don't cover anything and then try to convince the customer they are doing us a courtesy favor by giving $300. NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND NOT ACCEPTABLE. I specifically asked about the safety camera system when I spoke with Shaun ** during purchase phase. He assured me that that was covered under the Diamond Premier.

He also mentioned that the vehicle in question (Audi A8) had many sensors and this extended warranty would give me peace of mind if there was a malfunction. We can drive it into the dealer and they will take care of it. Well that is not happening. We have the car at the Audi dealer needing repair for the lane assist and the backup camera beeper and Jessy at Delta is saying none of that is covered and they will do us a courtesy of $300, which is not even a 1/4 of the total repair cost. DELTA AUTO PROTECT IS A FRAUD AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED AS SUCH. I need them to live up to their promises and give me value for my premium. If I am not satisfied, I plan to take legal action and personally make it my business to advertise them for the frauds they are. Please address immediately.

Delta Auto Protect was the only warranty provider that would cover the vehicle that I was purchasing so I signed up with them. Their rep was great and really knowledgeable. They offered their best protection service, so I'm very satisfied and happy with the results.

Factual basis uncertain

After purchasing a premier extended warranty through Delta Auto Protect I am sadly so disappointed with their service. Trying to get my AC compressor fixed and replaced (covered at 100% cost) has been a nightmare. Do not buy through them.

I thought it was a smart thing to acquire an auto warranty so I decided to check on Delta Auto Protect. It looked like they’re the most economical and has the best coverage so I signed up. Their rep said bumper to bumper and everything was covered. He also offered me a better deal for the five years coverage if I paid the warranty upfront, so I paid it upfront.

I did a lot of researching online about consumer preferences and Delta Auto Protect was higher-ranked. I called them and we had a good visit. I've gotten an offer from another provider that was very interesting. And when I called this person from Delta they began to talk and they started off with a decent price and so I thought I'd just ask him about that other offer. And then they came down to what I was desiring to pay. The person I was talking to took a lot of effort upon himself to make things happen. He walked away a moment or two here and there to ask a supervisor and then came back on the phone, and everything was good to go. I made a one-time payment for the warranty and there was a pretty decent discount for doing so. Also, I was able to set the beginning time of my purchased warranty out a few months. I did it because my warranty on my present vehicle does not expire for a little while.

About 6 months ago I was searching for a good car warranty company to go with to cover my Lincoln Navigator. I decided to go with Delta because their price was competitive and their online reviews were great and they seemed very well-respected in the industry. I am the type that does my due diligence before buying something online. About 2 weeks ago a service light came on and my car started driving funny so I immediately took my car to the shop. The shop found my car needed a new drive axle. My shop contacted Delta and within 10 minutes Delta had authorized my claim and paid my shop with a credit card right over the phone with no hassles. They also gave me a rental car so I could get to work while my car was being fixed! This repair would have ran me over $2000! I'm glad I did my homework and found a highly rated company! Thanks Delta!

I bought a new car and got my warranty from Delta Auto Protect as they kept coming up in Google search. The payment was reasonable and the certified vehicle protection specialist was all right. He explained the benefits pretty good.

I looked online and was checking different auto warranty providers. There's a couple of other people who I called but Delta Auto gave me a better rate with more options. They gave me more benefit for the price. Their customer service team was also really nice. I haven't had to use the warranty but so far, it's been a pleasant experience. I would recommend them.

Delta Auto Protect Company Profile