Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

4.4/5 (1628 ratings)
Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

About Delta Auto Protect

As of 2/17/21, Delta Auto Protect has removed most features from its website and is not offering a way to purchase plans. The company states on its website that it is working with a limited number of employees due to ongoing issues with COVID-19.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Offers price matching
    • Direct provider
    • Covers vehicles up to 20 years old
    • Affordable plans

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Doesn't cover high-mileage vehicles

Bottom Line

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price-match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

Top Delta Auto Protect Reviews

Verified

Delta is the best company to do business with. I am sticking with this company for 3 years. … No high pressure by the reps at the time of buying and it is always a pleasure to wor...

Verified

My first experience with Delta has been great, the staff is awesome and helpful. … The most convenient thing for me is my payment plan, as I broke down my payment in to 4 halves. ...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Delta Auto Protect cost

Delta Auto Protect’s extended auto warranties come at an affordable cost. Its pricing is usually about 2 cents per mile, but costs will vary depending on the car. The mileage, year, make and model of the car are all important factors in determining your price. Delta Auto Protect also offers price matching, so if you find a lower price from its competitors, you can let the company know so it can match it. Delta Auto Protect’s 24-month payment plans allow customers two years to pay off their extended auto warranties.

For the most accurate idea of how much a Delta Auto Protect extended auto warranty will cost, it’s best to call the company directly for a quote or submit the necessary information online at Delta Auto Protect’s website. One drawback to the company’s quote process is that quotes expire quickly, sometimes in just a few hours. This is not ideal for customers wishing to take a longer time to consider whether a quote and suggested plan are right for them.

Down payments vary according to the plan you select, but an average down payment is $100. Delta Auto Protect also has plans available with no deductible. This is a rare feature among extended auto warranty companies. Delta Auto Protect’s 30-day money-back guarantee lets customers cancel their extended auto warranty if they decide it’s not right for them. It’s only available if they haven’t yet made a claim, however.

Delta Auto Protect plans

Delta Auto Protect offers three levels of warranty coverage: Diamond, Diamond Plus and Diamond Premier. Here's what each plan covers:

Diamond
    Diamond is its most basic plan, covering the vehicle’s powertrain and a few other components.
    Diamond Plus
    Diamond Plus offers intermediate coverage, protecting most of the critical components in your vehicle.
    • Steering
    • 4x4/AWD
    Diamond Premier
    Diamond Premier is the highest level of coverage and is closest to exclusionary coverage.
    • Steering
    • GPS navigation
    • A/C
    • Fuel system

Delta Auto Protect coverage

Delta Auto Protect is a direct extended auto warranty provider. Its extended auto warranties offer coverage for up to eight years and can cover vehicles up to 20 years old. The company does not, however, cover vehicles with over 140,000 miles.

Delta Auto Protect has solid reimbursement policies. Rental car reimbursement provides customers with up to $65 per day for up to four days. That’s a total of $260. Most other extended auto warranties only provide reimbursement of $30 a day, which cannot cover the cost of most rental cars.

Every Delta Auto Protect warranty includes emergency trip interruption insurance and 24/7/365 roadside assistance. This includes any issues you may have if you run out of gas, have a dead battery, need a locksmith or need your car towed to the nearest ASE-certified repair shop. All repairs must be performed by ASE-certified mechanics. Delta Auto Protect has ASE-certified representatives on staff to help facilitate discussions.

Delta Auto Protect FAQ

Does Delta Auto Protect sell warranties?
    No, Delta Auto Protect is simply an administrator for vehicle service contracts. Other companies sell the warranties, and Delta Auto Protect handles the actual services guaranteed in them.
    How much does Delta Auto Protect cost?
    Like most auto warranty companies, Delta Auto Protect does not publicly post its pricing. Pricing for an auto warranty plan typically depends on several factors, such as the make, model and mileage of the vehicle.
    What is the cancellation policy with Delta Auto Protect?
    Delta Auto Protect provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. This can be invoked so long as you have not filed a claim in the first 30 days. If you have filed a claim, the refund will likely be prorated.

Is Delta Auto Protect a good company?

Delta Auto Protect is well worth it if you're looking for a good deal on an extended auto warranty. The fact that it's a direct dealer means it's easier to submit claims and resolve disputes. Its price matching supports its already affordable prices, and deductible-free plans guarantee peace of mind when your car needs repairs. These unique features make Delta Auto Protect stand out among other extended auto warranty companies.

Delta Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Never used policy but when I sold car I was never able to contact Delta for a refund. The policy was not transferred. My case is being handled by a class action suit by the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office. Jan 16, 2021

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Purchased Diamond Premier contract in 2018. $5100 3 year 50K on a Bentley. Put my first claim in 2019.. took six months for them to eventually honor it.. if you get someone on the phone after waiting an hour on hold, you'll often get a message.. The check is going out on Friday or someone will call you back in 48 hours.. No call, No check.. this would go on for six months before finally I get a check.. Other claims were simply denied.. they would find a loop hole in the contract to weasel out of paying.. Finally my last claim in March of this year has gone unanswered.. they asked for documentation to be uploaded and that was the last communication, they don't answer phones, they don't reply to email etc.. It's a scam, they don't honor claims. They basically defrauded me out of my money..

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

DO NOT PURCHASE! Phone number is out of service - bogus selling of ads. I contacted other numbers that are never picked up by a human. My understanding is they are being sued by AG office in PA. I have an extended warranty with them- My vehicle is at the dealership and will cost me 3k in repairs out of pocket.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

You can no longer get in touch with this company on their provided phone number! They took my money and ran! They listed themselves as on good terms with the BBB, which is not true. Do not do any business with this company. I don't even know if they are still in business.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

The Delta Auto Protect warranty contract explicitly states you can cancel and get a pro-rated refund with some fees. However, they have changed their phone number and website, do not answer email or return voicemail. I have written to the BBB and the BBB states they have no authority here because Delta Auto Protect is not a BBB company. I've tried to reach them for six months now over two thousand dollars. They will take your money and stonewall you. Don't work with them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I purchased a warranty from the company. I have been trying to contact them since March 13, 2020. I have left numerous messages. The auto repair shop has left numerous messages. I have also sent multiple emails with no response but have paid them $2500 to have a warranty with the company.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I bought the AUTO WARRANTY back in October and in the last 3 months and I’ve been trying to reach them to file a claim by phone, by email and number is disconnected. I tried calling them all day every day and there was never response. Definitely a big Fraud!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Original review: May 28, 2020

After 6 months of seeking reimbursement for repairs done on my car, I encountered countless delays and lies from Delta Auto Protect. I needed a water pump replaced, which is allegedly covered by their contract, but Delta refused to reimburse me, while presenting me with a series of false reasons to deny my claim. Delta Auto Protect is the closest thing to a criminal enterprise that I've ever encountered! The BBB stated that they are overwhelmed by the number of claims against Delta Auto Protect!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I purchased Diamond Plus extended warranty for my Audi A6 in 2017. I need repairs done now in 2020 due to the life of my car. I have called Delta Auto Protect a minimum of 8 times in the last 2 weeks. I have been on hold for 45 mins at a time, with no response. I have emailed/left messages but I haven't heard back from anyone. I don't know what to do. I have spent $3000 on extended warranty and nobody is calling me back. I don't know what to do, except to believe I have been scammed. Please don't buy service from them!

Original review: May 18, 2020

l took out a warranty on my Mercedes, had it for 6 months at 500.00 down 147.00 a month, bad reviews took 4 days, and 3hr, 53min to cancel, then l was told, l'd had to call another department. Don't waste your money, keep calling, can't get any one!!!!

Quick and easy