4.24/5
Based on 145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

1058 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty through Delta Auto Protect. I specifically purchased it so I can travel long distances, knowing that I'm covered for a lot of important car problems. I went on a trip and ran out of gas and this extended warranty was able to help me during my emergency. I was able to get my car towed to the nearest gas station, refill and continue my trip. Delta's claims department processed my claim same-day. There was no hassle, no long waiting period and no stress.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I would definitely recommend Delta Auto Protect if you are looking for an extended warranty. I've used my policy to cover wear and tear issues and more recently, engine problems. Delta's policy covered a good portion of the bill, making me have to shell out very little in out of pocket expenses. What I am most impressed by is their customer service. They are always timely with their responses and are always pleasant to speak to. I definitely plan on sticking with them.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Excellent customer service! I was given many options for my vehicle. The team was considerate of my needs and budget. Each option was explained thoroughly and the Delta Auto team made sure I made the right decision. I am grateful for the peace of mind that comes with the plan. It is invaluable. I recommend this company to anyone interested in purchasing an extended warranty.

Original review: April 20, 2018

New contract after a 3 year contract is about to expire - This was my best sales experience in years. I called and Rick ** answered my call. He was informative, knowledgeable, make promises and then delivered them immediately. Mr. ** handled my account as if: 1) I am the most important person asking for service; 2) As if he is the owner of the company rather than a person who works there and so he works on a level rarely experienced when contacting a large company; 3) He made promised to email and then took care of a mistake which I made.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Delta Auto Protect's extended warranty is a blessing to have for my Infiniti. It provides a peace of mind that when mechanical issues arise, I have a warranty to help defray the cost. When the brakes go or the transmission starts to slip, the warranty has it covered. I've never had an issue that Delta Auto Protect didn't cover. I am grateful. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I never realized how useful an extended warranty until about 3 weeks ago. I initially purchased the Diamond Premier policy at Delta in September of 2015 at the suggestion of a friend of mine. She has the same vehicle as I and warned me that (1) I would definitely experience issues and (2) the repairs would be expensive. She suggested Delta because she had great experiences with them and found their pricing to be reasonable. Once I contacted Delta, I did not believe that the extended warranty coverage could be that good for such a low rate. I was hesitant so I shopped around, but eventually came back to Delta and purchased a policy because my interaction with their sales guys had been so memorable.

I haven't had to use my policy until 3 weeks ago when my car suddenly began giving me issues with both the transmission and the steering wheel. Additionally, my seatbelt kept jamming. I immediately called Delta and I was able to reach someone quickly. The associate directed me to go to a mechanic of my choosing and Delta would coordinate directly with the garage to handle my claims. I was extremely nervous but before I could panic about whether or not my claim would be approved, or if I would have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, I received notice that my claims were approved. I believe this happened in a matter of 24 hours. Even my mechanic was impressed by Delta's diligence in handling my claim and issuing payment. I am very grateful that my friend suggested Delta. They have been extremely reliant, and communicative through the process of me getting major work done on my vehicle. I would definitely recommend!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have had a good experience speaking with Shaun. He was very helpful and courteous. He assisted me with a new quote and set me up right away. I also advise him about an unpaid car wash reimbursement, he called that department and took care of it for me.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 17, 2018

I could write almost verbatim Ken of Scottsdale, AZ review. We have had the displeasure of working with Delta Auto Protect twice now for the same customer. In the first instance they insisted they sent the payment for repairs in check form. We never received the check even though our address was verified time and again. Finally, we were able to be paid using their credit card after numerous attempts for payment. This time we had to tear down a transmission and wait for an adjuster of theirs to confirm the need to rebuild the transmission. Finally, the approval for work was approved.

Now comes the time for payment... no matter what e-mail address we sent the Invoice to we kept having to resend. Let me back up, calling for anyone to answer the phone is an act of Congress. They hide behind voicemail and never return your calls, when they finally do answer they put you on hold - one time for 45 minutes and no one ever came back on the line. I was told by Jim in Finance that since we won't accept a check they would have to pay by credit card in increments of $500.00 every 72 hours until the Invoice is paid - at which time I was placed on hold never to talk to anyone and respond. Probably a smart move on his part! Did they take the customer's warranty payments in this manner? I think not. This is not how good warranty companies do business! So, today I will waste more time trying to rectify this payment. AUTO SHOPS BEWARE!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 15, 2018

We have been trying to get our claim approved, finalized, and paid so we can get our car back from the mechanic for one and a half months. We just get the runaround. It is time to get the Insurance Commissioner and/or lawyers involved. We need our car back.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have such a long review because since the purchase of buying the service for my 2009 BMW I have not had one positive experience. I purchased the program February 16, 2016 in hopes that my car would be covered hassle free until the end of the contract. I was assured that I have 24/7 protection. First of all they have an answering service on the weekend and after 5 pm CST you have no assistance. I have called on the weekend and I even called on 04/12/2018 and the phone was answered by the answering service. THEY ARE NOT 24/7. THE ANSWERING SERVICE TAKES YOUR INFO AND YOU NEVER GET A CALLBACK. This has happened on many occasions.

TAKE YOUR CAR TO ANY ASE CERTIFIED SHOP. Last year I needed a fuel pump replaced, it took 7 days to get the right part and I was told I cannot take it to FIRESTONE (the only business I take any of my cars to). Firestone did fix the issue after Delta failed to send the correct part. Now I am told I cannot take my car to FIRESTONE.

A. So this time I took my car to BMW 60 days ago. They were approved to fix 3 of my 6 coils costing me $125 and costing them $112 (which they have not paid in 30 days). I am forced to pay overpriced labor because they told me I can't take to FIRESTONE. IT IS MARCH 13 AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT PAID THE BILL. I called on 4/12 and they assured they were taking care of the charge. This is the evening I called at 300 CST and got the answering service. (No one was settling the bill at BMW as promised>> even as I write this review at 400 PM CST on 4/13/2018.

B. They say they cover certain parts but they don't. *IN my contract it states that the fuel system is covered from the pumps to the sensors. On April 2, 2018 BMW contacted Delta to let them know one of my covered parts from the fuel system was inoperable. (Mind you this is after I spoke to an ASE tech for Delta stating that nothing was wrong my starting issue but a MAF issue.) (Which was my fault.) He continued to degrade the BMW dealership for listening to my recommendation on the starting issue - he stated that he already replaced one fuel pump and he isn't replacing another - and... that he replaced my coils and I should pretty much be grateful for that.

Doesn't stop with his degrades and personal opinions on Firestone and their tools, technicians and myself. (First of all why does he feel the need to express opinions and not facts and why did Aaron transfer ME THE CLIENT TO TALK TO AN ** OF A TECH WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT TALKING TO HUMANS. (This is unprofessional beyond my comprehension.)

C. REIMBURSEMENTS: Last year during the Hurricane Harvey the BMW started emitting a strong fuel smell before the car started having several NO Start Issue. We replaced the battery at FIRESTONE... Looks like the webpage covers batteries but it seems like every time I have an issue it is not covered-it is sent to an ASE tech and 14 days or more later they say they don't have any info on a no start issue. I Am sick and tired of this company. They continue to be rude, dishonest and unreliable. This is only half of the problems I have had. I am still waiting on reimbursement for the rental car I had to get because they always refuse to do a service that is covered or leave me stranded with no transportation. I spend 300 on a rental and $26 is reimbursed.

Here it is 04/13/2018 and BMW has not been paid for a 112 job and they have loaned out 2 new BMW costing them 100 times the repair. This BMW is a part of over 3000 dealerships - they will not be working on Delta cars from now on... I will assure this process comes to fruition. I deal with shady warranty companies all day long and I assure that this company is by far the worst. They must have paid for all their positive reviews. I am out not done.

Customer increased Rating by 1 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

Delta Auto Protect has not paid our shop after providing approved service (with approval #) for the past 4 months. We are trying to collect from our client directly and have him chase Delta for reimbursement. These positive generic reviews in no way can be true, other than the ones stating their experience with the original person who sold them the policy was pleasant to deal with. You cannot even talk to someone other than the answering service (after waiting on hold forever). Same run around over and over- "You need to fax or email the invoice again" (done 5+ times), "the payment is on the way" (3 times).

Each time we actually get a hold of someone (I think Aaron is the only person that works there), we are told to re-submit, then payment is on way. I say "you already told me payment was on way, why do I need to re-submit claim?" Only to be told they will look into and get back. Just told another one of our customers that we would not accept Delta any longer and he will have to pay out of pocket and plan to tell any other customers same thing. A very profitable business plan- take people's money up front, approve repairs, then don't pay the repair facility. How long can this go on before someone/something stops it?

UPDATE ON 04/13/2018: Our client's repair was approved after a few days of sending estimates via email & fax in early December. We completed work 1 day after approval. We finally received payment from Delta on April 13, a few days after writing negative reviews. We dealt with Jason in finance, who was apologetic and made payment promptly. Not sure why it took 4 months after several emails & calls. Could never get through to anyone on phone. Glad we received payment, but be aware.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 4, 2018

If it sounds too good to be true it is! Only read the negative reviews of Delta Auto Protect because the positive ones are coming from their employees. So far everything negative I read is What I'm experiencing right now. Sam was quick to sell two extended warranties but now when I need help they do not answer the phone or return phone calls. It took them a week to finally approve work on my husband's car. Sent their part and has not paid the bill. Also only authorized 2.5 hours of work on a 5.8 job. Had to pay the rest out of pocket. The car rental is a joke too only providing rental while they are actually working on your car and not while the car is in the shop. (Good luck if you are waiting for approval, parts, etc.). Once the shop receives payment I will change my rating but who knows if they ever will. They still never answer the phone and are extremely difficult to get a hold of.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 28, 2018

As you can verify by looking at all the rip off alerts and complaints this company has, they will give authorization to the shop to do repairs and then they will not pay. Several shops have complained about the same. The few supervisors I have called have been rude and have made fun of me when I tell them I have been trying to get paid for over 6 weeks. They keep transferring me to Johnny ** voicemail and after several voicemails still no calls back. Now I have to go after my customer for payment. It's a shame.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Today was my first claim with Delta extended warranty and they covered the retail price for replacing a water pump in my 2015 Audi Q5 TDI Diesel along with 3 hours of Labor. It was prompt and done in one day. I express my appreciation for Delta's prompt action in the taking care of this warranty item! Aaron ** with Delta followed through to make sure everything was smooth and covered and to my liking. Thanks.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Team was amazing. Stayed on the phone confirming that my policy was all set for both my extended warranty and my wheels and tire warranty. Highly recommend. Have had an excellent experience during every engagement. Would definitely recommend Delta to friends and family.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 23, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is a total rip off. Do not purchase with them. I had such an awful experience. I was given the run around day after day when attempting to file a claim within my policy limits! I was told by Aaron ** on several days my parts were in the mail. He could not give a tracking number and I had to call from anonymous numbers to get an answer. Phone calls were not returned as promised. After I picked up my car from the auto mechanic shop, I got a call from the shop manager saying I’d be charged personally since Aaron kept promising a payment and several weeks later it was still supposedly in the mail!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I usually don't get warranties, but I have been super happy with this one. The benefits I received were well worth it and it was very affordable. I figured that it would be well worth the investment when I looked things over. It ended up paying for itself with the towing benefits and what it ended up covering for truck repairs. You are going to have repair costs, so sometimes it pays to pay for a little of it up front such as in this case. Very happy I did.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Aaron ** assisted me. He was very courteous and professional. He contacted both Firestone and me about the repair of my vehicle. He was ready and willing to assist in the price adjustment between the mechanic shop and Delta Auto protection cost. I am very satisfied with the service.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We did work for their customer 10/17. Every time you call you get an answer service, when you do finally get through they say the check is mailed. If you are a consumer stay away. We as dealers are not releasing your car until payment is made. This poor guy’s car has been here since last year. They still won’t pay. Stay as far away from this company as possible. We will never accept this warranty again.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Delta Auto Protect gives peace of mind, and it's way better than other companies, so it's definitely worth the little extra investment. A lot of people say "better safe than sorry" and Delta Auto Protect is the epitome of the phrase. This service keeps you safe, rather than sorry. Thank you Delta Auto Protect for fixing everything quick!

Original review: March 19, 2018

My extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect fixed my transmission, covering the costs and saving me time and money. An extended warranty is beneficial and has kept my car on the road much longer than it otherwise would have been. I will keep my extended warranty with Delta Auto Protect. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I can't speak for their warranty since I fortunately never had to use them. We ended up trading in our vehicle and cancelled our policy. Since we never used the warranty we were told and were sent a cancellation document stating exactly what we were owed and that payment would be received within 15 days. Two months later we still haven't received a check. We reached out to them multiple times and continue to hear every excuse in the book. My wife called a couple of times and heard them cussing at her in the background...very unprofessional. They finally provided us with a tracking number for the check and after a week, the check hasn't even made it to the post office yet.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Delta Auto has saved me tons of money on my automobile in repairs alone. Whether you have a breakdown, need a locksmith or ran out of gas in the worst of situations, the customer service they provide is the best especially in those stressful situations. They will be there and will do a great job.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was surprised with Delta Auto Protect. I was stranded out of town on my way to visit family. I made one call to them and within the hour they came to help. I was so happy that it didn’t take long for them to get to me and they had me all set and back on the road! I would recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 2, 2018

This warranty meets the standards you would expect from an extended warranty. Engine parts, brake lines, electronics, transmission parts and repairs. I would recommend this service to anyone. Quality guaranteed.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 1, 2018

I have only been using Delta Auto for a couple of months and they have terrible customer service. The representatives are very rude and have no idea on how to treat a customer when you call in. I can never get in touch with anyone. When I call in I am always given the runaround. They are very unprofessional and I am starting to believe the company in whole is a total scam and rip-off! The person you speak with is never at the extension given to you. It's always someone different answering. I've asked for managers and have been told they cannot give out employee information. What kind of nonsense it that. They refuse to send me proper verification of payments nor do they keep proper records of your payments!

I was told I didn't make payments that I clearly had made. I found the proper bank statements proving that I did and emailed them to an Aaron ** who was to send me verification of both. I was sent a subpar confirmation saying a payment was made with no date or month. I get hung up on when I ask a question that seems to catch them in a lie by the staff and even the so called answering service. I regret signing up with them and they really should be investigated. I will keep everyone posted on my current dealings with this horrible excuse for a company!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Kirk **: from beginning to present has been very professional and honest representative and helped guide to pick right coverage for great price. I will recommend all my friends if they ever need these services. Keep up great work!!! Thank you???

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Delta Auto has had some of the best customer service I have experienced with an auto company. When I got into an accident late in the evening, they helped me get out of that situation quickly and efficiently. I cannot express enough gratitude for this company - they are amazing. Highly, highly recommend.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Representative was very knowledgeable and patient. As a first time warranty buyer, I felt confident I was with the right company. Everything was done in a timely manner. I would recommend this company to my friends and family. Thanks very much!!!

Customer increased Rating by 1 stars! Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: April 8, 2018

I wrote a bad review because I couldn't get paid for services rendered. I tried for months and months to get paid. ONLY after I gave Delta Auto Protect a bad review did they reach out to me to pay for the repairs. They did eventually pay for the repairs but I had to wait way too long and it took me posting a bad review to even get them to pay me. I won't be accepting their extended warranty any longer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I had a customer that had purchased an Delta Auto Select extended warranty. We called Delta Auto Protect and got a authorization number for repairs. The customer paid her deductible and we have been trying since December to get them to pay their portion. I have made over 20 phone calls and e-mails. When you call the company the people that answer the phone are nothing more than a call center. All they can do is take a message. They can't transfer you to talk to anyone at Delta Auto Protect. They are the only people you can talk to. All I want is to be paid for repairs that my company completed.

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Delta Auto Protect provides extended warranty protection through vehicle service contracts (VSC). The company is a direct provider of coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information