Call toll free
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Delta Auto Protect, we recognize that your vehicle is one of your largest financial investments, which is why we strive to provide each of our customers with the highest level of service. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, without delays, and to develop the industry’s standard for Extended Vehicle Service Contracts.

Each of our locations are staffed with ASE certified technicians that speak directly with your repair center to provide timely coverage authorization directly over the phone. Delta Auto Protect's coverage pays your repair center's posted hourly labor rate. Delta Auto Protect is the direct extended auto warranty administrator and obligor. Delta Auto Protect is a licensed corporation fully bonded and insured by an AM Best 'A' rated insurance provider. All of us at Delta Auto Protect look forward to providing you with exceptional service.

Delta Auto Protect Gallery (4)
BBBB Rating
View More View More

1275 Delta Auto Protect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

It seemed at one point I didn't believe my a/c would ever work again. I went about three weeks without fully functioning the right way; some days it would work, some days it wouldn't. Some days it'd only blow hot air, some days it wouldn't. At the drop of a dime, all that changed though. My extended warranty from Delta covered the cost of my repair, making it an easy decision for me to get it fixed. I wasn't sure it would so I didn't bother trying to get it fixed, but after a while, my car became unbearably hot. I was able to get my repair done at my local repair shop (very reliable guys, here), and it was done quickly. Even the repair shop remarked about how good the communication was between them and Delta's claim department. No mishaps with my claim, nor with my fixed a/c. Everything was handled as promised. Thank you Delta Auto Protect.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is a Lifesaver! I ran out of gas on the Highway and within a couple of hours my gas was on full and I was able to reach my destination. The next day I also needed repairs on my brakes because I have been having an issue with them for a week. James helped me select a brake repair shop and I dropped off my car for repair. They offered me a rental car, but since it was just for the day I passed. My husband dropped be back off and I paid my deductible. No out of pocket cost was great. I will be renewing my policy in November.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Received really great information when I called in to the customer service line. I am a recent customer of the company and had some concerns regarding the claims process. I wanted to make sure all of my questions were answered before I reached the mark for the money back guarantee. After my conversation with a very pleasant rep named Ally, I will be keeping my policy. I feel good about being a customer here.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My biggest pet peeve about companies these days is the inability to speak with a live representative over the telephone when I call and having to listen to endless recordings that turn a simple chat into an hour long multiple choice questionnaire. Delta Auto Protect has alleviated that issue with some of the most knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful representatives I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They get my claims handled quickly and professionally by qualified mechanics and there's never any hidden fees or charges. One monthly payment covers a few of my vehicles needs that saves me money, headache, and keeps my car on the road in safety. Big thanks to all the employees at Delta that make that happen.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The dealer has had my car in the shop for 4 days, the dealer has called numerous times and left messages. No one from Delta Auto Protect has called the dealer back. I was able to get through and told that they are having a high call volume, (really for 4 days). Now Delta states that they need a diagnostic before they can authorize anything, but on the first day when I called I was given an authorization number to start the for. Then I was yelled at because I did not have the dealership number readily available. (We are trying to help you, remember that I paid for a service, not you).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty on February 21st 2018. The original quote was over $5100, but after I voiced concern about the total, the representative dropped the price to $2400. I signed the contract and truly believed that I was protected. The car went to the dealer on June 4th for a transmission issue and the dealer filed a claim with Delta Auto Protect. The claim submission was acknowledged on June 11th and a request for service records came to me on June 24th.

The account specialist "Jeffrey **" never returned any of my calls nor e-mails. Eventually an inspector came out to the dealer on July 14th, looked at the car and denied the claim stating the transmission code had been triggered before (according to the document 1 time 2012). I have since canceled my contract (On July 21st) and have been promised that my check is in the mail. The last time they gave me the batch number under which it was processed, stating that it went out in the mail on August 22nd and will take 14-21 business days to arrive. I am considering filing a class action suit as it appears that there are many others that have been affected by the problem.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Delta Auto Protect is a great company to reducing the risk of expensive auto repair and auto coverages. This is was the choice for us since we own (2) cars both old models and new models. Additionally, interest and saving a lot is the most common reason we are forwarding on this review too. At Delta Auto Protect we benefit from several types of plans offered. The impression you receive from Delta Auto Protect is not fake and it is called reality to customer satisfaction. It is my pleasure to include that and that this company provides outstanding customer experiences. At Delta Auto Protect, warranties are done correctly and hassle free.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I purchased a 2009 Audi and wanted to get an extended warranty. I choose Delta. I put the deposit down and completed all the paperwork necessary to qualify for the warranty. I changed my bank and contacted them multiple times so that my payment could be made out of the new account. So far all I have paid is the deposit. I never received a callback and they canceled my policy, the day after they approved it and kept my deposit. I found that this was very unacceptable. They did not communicate with me at all.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My auto needs an alternator repair. It's been three weeks. Claim approved, but incorrect part was sent. No one answers the phone or seems to care. Horrible experience. False advertising of happy customers. Buyer beware!! SCAM like situation. Countless calls with promises, just no positive response or outcome. Will not approve repair shop to use in house part. Delta Auto Protect insist on mailing part that never arrives. To date a wrong part was sent, which means no repair. Policy is being paid as agreed. 9/4/18 makes day 21. I'm waiting on Delta Auto Protect to keep their word.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Delta Auto protect is the best. I have never come across an insurance company that is so reliable. I once asked for a towing service because my car had broken down. Delta Auto Protect responded quickly. My car had an engine problem. Delta Auto handled the claim for my engine repair efficiently and covered most of the costs, just as the extended warranty promised. These guys are professional and kind.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

My kids and I were driving back from Utah when my car suddenly ran out of gas. I have no idea why it ran out of gas when I filled the tank up before I left. I called Delta to see what could be done. It was dark and it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. Delta knew exactly where I was and the came within the hour. They took my kids and I and my car to the nearest city and luckily there was a 24 hour mechanic there who inspected my car and fixed it on the spot I was able to drive my kids and myself back home safely that night thanks to Delta.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I bought a policy in late April of this year, 2018. I no longer owned the vehicle as of June 23rd, 2018. I applied for a refund. Received an email stating the amount of the refund and that it would be issued by check. Several weeks later I had not received it. I had been calling, was told the check was mailed August 1st. Have called multiple times since then and have been told someone would call back and they have not. Usually on hold 15-20 minutes each call.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My original complaint posted here say "RESOLVED". Not true... Still Waiting for refund. Makes me wonder if Consumer Affairs is a valid source for reviews or if they are in cahoots with these companies that have high ratings. Purchased June of 2017 before I had the used car purchased, I was told to just notify them with the Vin number & mileage once I purchased a car. Which I did July 17, 2017. A Mini Cooper Looked great. I received my packet, coverage begins in 30 days after 1000 miles. I ask if We decide to sell the car. It's transferable to the new owner or a future car I purchase. I'm told we can transfer the warranty anytime.

Fast forward June 2018 I sell my Mini and purchase another car. Begin transfer process it takes a week to receive the email form even though I gave all information on the new car by phone. The form has to be approved by "finance department". After several calls and weeks for status and update I'm informed that there has not been a transfer because they want more money. My mini cooper by BMV was somehow going to cost less than the Dodge I purchased. My paid in full warranty was 5 years 100,000 miles, never used in 11 months and they wanted another 300.00 to cover the Dodge for 3 years and 50,000 miles... So I requested a refund on July 9th 2018. Still after over 2 months no refund.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Doesn’t pay bills. Doesn’t return calls. I am convinced this is almost a scam. I tried to cancel several times. Aaron at ext. ** will not return calls. Hector is a joke too. It is almost humorous how incompetent they are. Good luck! They finally did cancel my account in February 2018. I was only refunded partial and didn’t get check until August.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was taking a drive one night to clear my head. I drove for about an hour, parked somewhere and took a break. When it was time to go home, I tried to start my car but it just wouldn't. I remembered my extended warranty covered towing. I called to ask for towing services, and was even able to get a ride home. While my car was in the shop, I was able to secure a rental car that was covered with my policy. I am so grateful I opted for an extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased an extended service contract from them in anticipation of purchasing a vehicle. I was assured that if I bought this contract in advance of purchasing the vehicle that there would be ZERO hassle to receive a full refund if the sale of the vehicle did not go through. WELL GUESS WHAT... I did not purchase the vehicle and all I get now from Delta is the runaround! I have literally called them 4 times and have been promised a callback. NOT ONCE have they called me back.

The only time I spoke with someone he repeatedly offered me to transfer the contract to another vehicle of mine. I refused this offer a minimum of 5 times but he would not take no for an answer. Once I told him that I had no time for the games, he promised me that I would receive the proper form via e-mail to apply for my refund. I have never received this. As far as I am concerned this Company is a Sham and are incredibly Unethical in their business practices. REFUND ME NOW for a product that I never received as per your published policies!!! 30 Day money back guarantee, YEAH RIGHT!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased the "Diamond Premier Coverage" their Best one... on 4/21/17 understanding they were one of your best rated and recommended facilitators. I had a couple issues with my car recently so I checked the contract and even had the dealership go over it Monday August 13, 2018 to be sure when I dropped the car off for repairs.

The news was promising and awaiting documented approval. Tuesday still good news, even Wednesday but no documented approval yet. Then Thurs Volvo got no return call or approval so I called the man who sold me the contract Rick ** at **, No answer every time but I was able to leave 4 separate messages over the next two days with no response to date. I called Volvo's Robert in service (**), who has been diligently calling himself with no response after the beginning of the week's positive feedback from "Delta". Rob recommended I call the claims depart myself (866-598-5429) to light a fire under them, which I have 5 times but even during their business hours back East I always get the answering service in Arizona. Which seems strange as they state "At your service 24/7" on the contract. So I called Robert at Volvo Thurs and Friday with my lack of any response to nine separate calls and messages left...

Friday late afternoon Robert called me to say they approved PART of something I did not even bring it in for, BUT NOT the covered issues I brought it in for! Are you recommending a scam business? ESP # ** last six of VIN # **. After I turned them in they called me Tue irate and threatened legal action if I did not forget the claim. I said NO and hung up on him two times. The third time I answered I lead with, "If you continue to over talk and threaten me I will seek legal action." He got nicer stating a local inspector was on the way. That was TUE. Today is Thursday evening. So a second week without a car and I am a disabled senior who cannot be without my car... My policy promises a rental car but with the experiences I have been having, I cannot buy into THAT too... I have been ignored two weeks when I expected the repairs to be done and my car back in one day!

Updated on 09/02/2018: It has been almost one month since my car went into the shop for a repair that was approved verbally that day with Delta, however they waited until after a week of not submitting it in writing to deny the covered claim. I tried 9 times to contact them only to reach answering machines and a live answering service. A month later I have still had no response to my calls. I have rental car coverage as well but they have returned none of my calls (separate) to engage that either. So I am elderly, disabled and no transportation to make doctors appointments or buy food. Delta, sent out an independent inspector out to check my transmission two weeks ago. The inspector told Delta "This IS a covered claim."

Delta has never acknowledged THAT or returned my or Volvo's calls since (at all in a month). I did receive one irate call from Delta to "just drop it or face legal action" the morning I refused and they sent out the inspector two weeks ago who approved my claim. But that was only after I reported them after the first week to "The BBB". Still no response on MY personal calls and messages.

In my opinion this Delta nightmare extended warranty claim, is the absolute worst case scenario and from what I am reading far from the first. Sure they are eager to pay off piddly claims but if you have something major go wrong they refuse to pay and just do not return calls. Hoping one will just go away and leave them with your 10X reinvested payment up front for a 5-year coverage to profit by. These companies reinvest your payment immediately to high yield investments so they have 10X what anyone pays of everyone yet refuse to do the right thing and honor their contract when it goes over a couple hundred dollars.

Updated on 09/06/2018: I finally receive a call after 15 messages left over the past month. Jeff was being evasive and I dug deeper then he discovered many discrepancies in my file, wrong VIN number and other things. It looked like after all this time they got their records straight and were going to fulfill my claim. Last time we spoke days ago, Jeff said there was something very wrong with my file and he was going to get to the bottom of it. He said he could not talk further until he figured it all out... I was never given an explanation to date as to what they had done wrong.. But it looked like my concerns were over due to their human error and then today I get threatening calls from Jeff and Johnathan about my reporting their business practices. As follows.

I received another "curt" call from first Johnathan and later followed up by Jeff. The one who discovered their errors in my file. Of course no explanation was given as to what happened with mt file and the documentation within... Even when I asked repeatedly I was always talked over and not given a chance speak until the entire generic script had been read to me. Which answered nothing. My concerns were unwelcome only the script was reiterated and my pointed questions were evaded and glossed over.

I was told for the first time today by Jeff, 9-06-18 that finally my transmission would be considered once I PAID TO HAVE IT REMOVED TORN DOWN AND INSPECTED... This never came up before my purchase of their 5* Warranty or until now, that they would only cover bits and pieces of the transmissions required work. A far cry from "This is our 5* coverage and you will never be out of pocket for anything! Drop the car off we handle everything and then you just pick it up when done." They are discourteous and only out to evade their contractual promises.

Both were antagonizing and attempted to lay the blame on me for the hold up. I said "You just told me you would now cover some of the transmission once I paid to have it disassembled so you could decide what you would cover. That makes no sense and should have been made clear by your marketing rep who went over everything with me before I agreed to trust them... I bought the costly policy to avoid out of pocket expenses as there is not a co pay or any other disclosed costs. UNTIL you file a claim, then all of a sudden Delta cherry picks what they will cover in spite of what you were promised upon purchase. Jeff kept saying, "You should have read your contract" I said "I did, three times and so did Volvo. None of us found any discrepancies and now you are fishing for loopholes in your, covers everything, 5* coverage, because it is a big claim?" Then I get buried under another talk-over scripted disclaimer that says nothing.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I purchased an extended auto warranty from Delta Auto Protect in April 2018. The customer service has been horrible. No one was calling my repair shop back with claim information. So, I spent over 45 minutes on hold today to rectify the situation. But today the company denied a claim using a loophole in their contract that I did not pay attention to. The exclusion clause in their contract states "Any of the following components or services, including by not limited to..." My part was excluded because of the "not limited to" portion of the exclusion clause. I point out that the contract includes "Body Electrical", which is exactly my car's issue, but they exclude wiring. The customer service rep told me that since "Body Electrical" does not specify wiring, it is excluded. No wonder the quote I got from this company was 1/2 of what I got from others. I will be canceling my policy, taking the refund and purchasing a polity that actually has benefits.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My extended car warranty saved me a ton of hassle and money. I was about to drive home after a day of work when my engine started steaming. Obviously, something was wrong but I had no idea what it was. I contacted the company and they arranged roadside assistance to come and simply fixing the leak on my coolant container and adding more to replace what leaked. I'm no expert on cars and having my extended warranty company right there to help me right away --otherwise, I'm sure I would have paid exorbitant amounts at a car shop while having no idea that I was being charged a ton! Thank you, extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This extended warranty really saved me this time, I ended up stuck in Illinois hours away from my home when my transmission got stuck in reverse. I was provided with the towing services very easily, and also with a rental car agency that could get me back on the road and back to my babies. Thank god for the warranty, thank god for the services they provided to me and made my day that much easier. I couldn't be happier with the services and politeness. Without their speed, and also them being vigilant in providing me in a timely manner the information I needed, my kids might have missed my amazing cooking that night!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I haven't found a company that I prefer to deal with other than Delta Auto-Protect. They really made owning and maintaining my car more affordable than I imagined. I really crunched the numbers prior to deciding to invest in an extended warranty, and although it seemed like a lot at the time... it really turned out to be nothing compared to the amount I would've spent on fixing the hill assist issue on my car without a warranty. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

UNPAID CLAIM - SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! SCAMMERS! Won’t ever pay! ‘JACK’ (not his real name, I’m sure) looked me up on LinkedIn WHILE HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH ME! Started reading my bio out loud! While SLURPING his Dunkins Iced Coffee for 15 seconds into the phone! Laughed at me when I said something to him about it and said ‘How did you know?’ No return phone calls to dealership! Liars and thieves. They keep getting shut down, then pop back up under new company name. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS FRAUD!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My company finished a repair for a customer return vehicle to customer and now they do not want to release a payment. Every time you call you only get answer service now. IF YOU ARE LOOKING A WARRANTY COMPANY STAY AWAY FROM DELTA.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

BBB is correct about Delta is a rip-off and has refused to honor their commitment. Stay far, far away from them. If you are looking for a car warranty look elsewhere... you are throwing money into the trash with Delta. They lie and cheat you at every chance!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Recently I had water on the front floorboards in my car. It turns out that the AC was dripping into the car. I called Delta Auto Protect about my extended warranty and Jeffrey was very helpful. We chose a shop by my house and he arranged for a rental car. He offered to tow it, but it was completely driveable. I just did not run the air, but it was only for 10 minutes. Well, there was some problem with the AC lines. They repaired the car and it was ready a few days later. I paid my deductible when I picked it up and was back to my normal routine. This is a great extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I recently had a car problem where my tire just disintegrated and I was driving on the rims. It happened so fast and was scary, but I managed to get to the shoulder. After I calmed down, I called Delta Auto Protect for help. Marie was very nice and opened a claim. She arranged for a tow and a rental car to come and get me. After I signed for the rental car, I checked in at the shop and just continued my day. A few days later my car was ready. I returned the renter and they dropped me off at the shop. I just had to pay my deductible and was off. Thanks Delta.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

On Jun 26, 2018 I contacted the Delta Auto Protect agency to inquire about their service which sounds great. I was told that if I was not satisfy with the service in 30 days of purchase, I would get my money back. On July the air conditioner of my vehicle went out, so I made an appointment with the Town and Country shop in Lumberton, NC for Jul 20. On July 19 I contacted Jack from the Delta Auto Protect company at 17:22 and told him about my appointment, Jack told me to contact him at 0900 after I drop off the vehicle and he gave his extension number **. I called Jack at his extension after I dropped the car and left a message. However, Jack did not returned my call. On that day which was Jul 20, the Town and Country shop contacted me stating that the Delta Auto Protect would not approve the repairs until after Jul 25 because it has to be approve after Jul 25.

At that time I called Jack extension again and left a message stating that how can I determine whether the service is good or not if I cannot use the service, Jack did not returned my call. I made another appointment with the Town and Country shop for Jul 26 at 0800. On Jul 23 at 1530 I called the Delta Auto Protect and spoke with Jennifer telling her of my appointment and she told me that someone from the maintenance department will contact me soon (NO CALL); on Jul 25 at 1500 I spoke with Maureen and explained my situation and I got the same results.

On Jul 25 at 17:44 I spoke with Tru and told him of my situation again and told him that I need to make sure that my vehicle will be taking care, Mr. Tru told me that the maintenance shop close at 1900 and someone will contact me before they close the shop. On the same day Jul 25 at 18:54 I spoke with Aaron and told him my situation and I got the same answer, I told him to cancel my contract which he did.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased from Delta Auto Protect 5 years 100,000 miles extended warranty for $2080 of my 08' BMW X3. On July 18, 2018 Delta approved the repair of my vehicle but refused to pay for unknown reason. When we called Delta they keep telling us that the payment has been mailed but it's been 3 weeks now we have not receive any payment. This business is a sham and should be sued for fraud.

Updated on 08/29/2018: Delta Auto Protect keep on promising that they will pay the shop that repair my car last July. I called Delta again today and spoke to Aaron that the payment is in transit since Aug. 8, 2018. Delta for some reason don't want to pay the approved repair cost of my vehicle. Delta even sent a vehicle inspector on the repair shop before they approved the repair.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I took my car to the garage confident that I had a warranty company watching my back because I had been paying them ever since I bought a pre-owned vehicle. The dealership told me that my transmission was bad and that they would talk to Delta Auto Protect about the claim. After making the claim, Delta Auto Protect sent out an adjuster to verify the vehicle's needs. 6 days pass after that. I can only call to talk to a receptionist. I've been told multiple times a manager will contact me. I can only leave messages.

In the six business days that have passed, nobody has called me back and vehicle sits at the garage with no work being done. I am without a vehicle and the warranty company I'm paying for refuses to do what they're legally contracted to do. I have called countless times only to be told I can leave a message with a receptionist and that they can do nothing else for me. My garage has tried calling them daily. I have called them daily. My dealership has told me they've never seen any warranty company with such terrible service. I am personally appalled that they have not called me at all. I'm beginning to suspect that this company is nothing but a scam. Beware, they're not interested in helping you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Interesting experience, but ended well. I needed a new fan motor on my car which my mechanic had authorized through Delta on my policy. He completed the work and requested payment from them. 3 weeks later there is still no payment from Delta, so I paid my mechanic and sought payment myself. I called about 8 times and waited on hold only to get the receptionist who took my number each time and said I would get a call back shortly as she cannot transfer me to an extension... Very strange. I never received a call back and was worried they are a scam until I actually got through to a representative, Aaron **, who said he would have the bill paid shortly which I highly doubted. Sure enough, they called my mechanic that day and paid the balance. It took a while and effort, but they did pay the bill and Aaron was very good and reassuring to me when I had little faith in this company. All is well that ends well.

Delta Auto Protect expert review by Lauren Fix

Choose from multiple tiers of coverage, all of which come with a price match guarantee. The company is a direct provider of extended warranty coverage, meaning customers will purchase the policy from the same company that manages claims.

• Coverage: Delta Auto Protection offers three different coverage options so consumers can get the protection that fits their needs and budget.

• Professional mechanics: Delta Auto Protect uses ASE-certified mechanics to repair problems covered by the extended warranties.

• Roadside assistance: All plans include roadside assistance for things like a dead battery and running out of gas. These services are available 24/7.

• Money-back guarantee: The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that has a "no questions asked" policy. This feature lets consumers try the service to make sure it’s right for them.

• Blog: Interested consumers can follow Delta Auto Protect’s blog to read news from the auto industry and learn more about vehicle protection.

• Best for: high-mileage drivers, new car owners, used car owners and busy families.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Delta Auto Protect Company Information