Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

American First Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties for used vehicles that are no longer under warranty by the manufacturer. The company is headquartered in New York but serves customers all over the U.S. It has more than 14 years of experience in the industry and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Its coverage plans are highly customizable.

BOTTOM LINE

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It promises flexible coverage that fits any budget. It covers parts, services and roadside assistance. For a quote, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

PROS
  • Direct payment to certified shops
  • Customizable coverage
  • Roadside assistance included
CONS
  • Not transparent about prices
  • Only for cars with 150,000+ miles
American First Auto Protect Call Now Toll Free (877) 646-3363 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

What is American First Auto Protect?

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It offers coverage for vehicles from 2000 or after with at least 150,000 miles. The company has several options for affordable and flexible coverage.

American First Auto Protect has more than 14 years of experience. The company works with ASE-certified mechanics, and customers can use any certified mechanic nationwide. It promises 100% customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee. American First also employs dedicated industry experts to help answer any questions.

How does American First Auto Protect work?

American First Auto Protect requires that you contact them for a quote. From there, a customer service agent will work with you to build a plan that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. The agent goes through a comprehensive list of all your options, as well as an agreement and terms that work for you.

Once you have coverage, American First Auto Protect deals with mechanics and dealerships directly. This includes handling payments so you only ever have to deal with the company itself. It works with people all across the country who are looking for extended auto warranty coverage.

American First Auto Protect coverage

American First Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The website doesn’t go into great detail about the plans — instead, it leaves room for plan customizations. Each plan does include roadside assistance.

• Silver: This plan offers the most basic coverage. As well as essential components, like the engine, transmission and brakes, the Silver plan covers a number of potential roadside issues.
    • Engine
    • Empty gas tank
    • Dead battery
    • Trip interruption
    • Towing
  • Gold: This plan is similar to the basic plan, with one major addition: coverage for the steering system.
  • Platinum: This plan offers the most comprehensive coverage from American First Auto Protect, with everything in the Gold plan and more; it’s the only one that includes nonessential electronic components.
    • Turbo/supercharger
    • Seals
    • Gaskets
    • GPS navigation
    • High-tech electronics

How much does American First Auto Protect cost?

American First Auto Protect doesn’t list pricing on its website. Instead, you have to contact the company directly for a quote. The company promises flexible coverage with a custom plan that meets both your needs and budget. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind or are unhappy with your coverage. You can contact the company for a quote by phone or by email.

American First Auto Protect FAQ

Where is American First Auto Protect located?
American First is headquartered in Albany, New York.
Where is American First Auto Protect available?
American First works with people all across the United States. It doesn’t specify any states where its services are not available.
What doesn’t American First Auto Protect cover?
Coverage depends on your specific contract. Generally, extended auto warranties don’t cover accident damage or theft. Plans also aren’t likely to cover windshield or window damage or items that wear out, such as brake pads or tires.
How do I file a claim with American First Auto Protect?
American First Auto Protect promises an easy process when making a claim. You’ll go to a certified shop for any issues, and American First will deal with them and pay them directly.

Is American First Auto Protect worth it?

If you have a used car that’s no longer under a manufacturer warranty, an extended auto warranty from American First might be a good idea. It can help cover many of the issues that come with time and use. While it’s not very transparent in terms of pricing, the company does promise custom plans to match your budget. Overall, it’s worth getting a quote from American First Auto Protect if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty.

American First Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I’ve had an up and down experience looking for a great warranty company. I spoke with 11 different companies before American First. They were the most professional they let me take my time with the decision and was the only company that offered me a veterans discount. Our sales rep Scott acknowledged what we were looking for and explained everything about the plan in detail. Saved me $1000 now. I bet you can’t save that much switching to Geico. Scott you’re the man!! Overall a great buying experience!

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Lori is my personal account representative. She’s a pleasure to work with and is very on top of her job. She signed me up with the platinum plan which is basically bumper to bumper. I am happy with that plan. The only flaw is that I was looking for my maintenance to be covered which is not. But besides that they are a pleasure to work with.

Original review: April 21, 2021

American First Auto Protection is the best company I have dealt with in extended warranty. The companies I worked with in the past steer away from the problems when they occur. With American First when something needs to get done it’s handled right away. We appreciate your diligent work and looking forward to working with you guys for many many years to come.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Zach ** was a pleasure to work with from the start. I received coverage in February of 2021. My car was rattling on the highway way last week. I called Zach right away and he set me up towing assistance. They towed my vehicle to the nearest Audi dealership and it was handled in 2 days. Thank you guys for your hard work and dedication!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Signed up with American First Auto Protect about 6 months ago. Last week, I had to use my service because my sunroof motor wasn’t working properly, had difficulty closing the top...I contacted American first they located me to the nearest BMW dealership near me, and Blake in the claims department handled it same day. Thank you guys so much for taking care of me in a timely manner. I recommend this to my friends and family.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Engine light came on in my car, called American First they told me to take my car to shop of my choice and have them contact them. They took over from there and paid the claim to the dealership. Was simple, smooth and customer service was great.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I am very satisfied with this company. They have amazing customer service. The sales rep that I spoke to was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They covered my repairs and handled my situation diligently. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I was skeptical about buying warranty from my car but this company was really great. When I had repairs needed for my car they were very helpful and understanding. I would def. recommend them!! Prices were very fair as well!!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Howard in customer service was a pleasure to work with. Anytime I have a question or concern there is no hold times at all. When looking for an extended warranty I look for people like Howard that take their job seriously and get things done quick.

Original review: April 21, 2021

My sales guy Scott was amazing setting me up with an extended warranty. Their trip interruption benefit was amazing. I was looking for a company that offered a great veterans discount. I received an additional 350 dollars off for being a veteran. I hope their claims process is as smooth as the buying process! Looking forward to working with you guys!

American First Auto Protect Company Information