3.6/5 (81 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American First Auto Protect

American First Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties for used vehicles that are no longer under warranty by the manufacturer. The company is headquartered in New York but serves customers all over the U.S. It has more than 14 years of experience in the industry and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Its coverage plans are highly customizable.

Pros

• Direct payment to certified shops
  • Customizable coverage
  • Roadside assistance included

Cons

• Not transparent about prices

Bottom Line

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It promises flexible coverage that fits any budget. It covers parts, services and roadside assistance. For a quote, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

What is American First Auto Protect?

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company with more than 14 years of experience. The company works with ASE-certified mechanics, and customers can use any certified mechanic nationwide. It promises 100% customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee. American First also employs dedicated industry experts to help answer any questions.

How does American First Auto Protect work?

American First Auto Protect requires that you contact them for a quote. From there, a customer service agent will work with you to build a plan that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. The agent goes through a comprehensive list of all your options, as well as an agreement and terms that work for you.

Once you have coverage, American First Auto Protect deals with mechanics and dealerships directly. This includes handling payments so you only ever have to deal with the company itself. It works with people all across the country who are looking for extended auto warranty coverage.

American First Auto Protect coverage

American First Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The website doesn’t go into great detail about the plans — instead, it leaves room for plan customizations. Each plan does include roadside assistance.

• Silver: This plan offers the most basic coverage. As well as essential components, like the engine, transmission and brakes, the Silver plan covers a number of potential roadside issues.
    • Engine
    • Empty gas tank
    • Dead battery
    • Trip interruption
    • Towing
  • Gold: This plan is similar to the basic plan, with one major addition: coverage for the steering system.
  • Platinum: This plan offers the most comprehensive coverage from American First Auto Protect, with everything in the Gold plan and more; it’s the only one that includes nonessential electronic components.
    • Turbo/supercharger
    • Seals
    • Gaskets
    • GPS navigation
    • High-tech electronics

How much does American First Auto Protect cost?

American First Auto Protect doesn’t list pricing on its website. Instead, you have to contact the company directly for a quote. The company promises flexible coverage with a custom plan that meets both your needs and budget. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind or are unhappy with your coverage. You can contact the company for a quote by phone or by email.

American First Auto Protect FAQ

Where is American First Auto Protect located?
American First is headquartered in Albany, New York.
Where is American First Auto Protect available?
American First works with people all across the United States. It doesn’t specify any states where its services are not available.
What doesn’t American First Auto Protect cover?
Coverage depends on your specific contract. Generally, extended auto warranties don’t cover accident damage or theft. Plans also aren’t likely to cover windshield or window damage or items that wear out, such as brake pads or tires.
How do I file a claim with American First Auto Protect?
American First Auto Protect promises an easy process when making a claim. You’ll go to a certified shop for any issues, and American First will deal with them and pay them directly.

Is American First Auto Protect worth it?

If you have a used car that’s no longer under a manufacturer warranty, an extended auto warranty from American First might be a good idea. It can help cover many of the issues that come with time and use. While it’s not very transparent in terms of pricing, the company does promise custom plans to match your budget. Overall, it’s worth getting a quote from American First Auto Protect if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

American First provided me with an extended warranty back in July of this year. I purchase the plan because I just bought a new Mercedes and wanted it protected. Their rates were a lot better than the Dealership with the same coverage. Last week my AC was blowing out cold air so I contacted American first and they advised me to take my car to my Mercedes Benz dealer. American first approved the claim within a couple of hours for my condenser. I called American first to let them know that the dealer had to order the part since it was not in stock and it was coming from Germany. They also provided me a rental car until my vehicle was ready to be picked up. The experience with them was easy and quick.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

American First Auto Protect has provided me with exceptional service. My BMW broke down 2 nights ago on the freeway. I contacted American First and they set me up with towing directly to my Dealership. That following morning I got a call from one of their customer service representatives letting me know that they are in contact with the shop and they will call me before the end of the day with approval. A few hours passed and my phone buzzed and American First called me back and let me know that I can go pick up my car the following day and the claim for the suspension was fully covered. The way American First dealt with this is how every company should be. They stayed in contact with me and did what they promised. Cheers guys thank you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I am so happy I chose this company over the others I been comparing. Teddy and Jennifer are truly amazing people. My recent claim was taken care of in a timely fashion. I was updated right away when I brought my vehicle for service. The technician found that my fuel injector needed to be replaced. I contacted American first immediately and Jennifer called the shop and paid the claim for me. Jennifer was patient with me, answered all my questions and let me know that she was in good hands. I was a little wary of extended warranty because of the last company I had a policy with. But American First stands by their word and did an amazing job. Hopefully I never have to use it again but if I do I know they have my back.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I was researching different auto warranty companies through the Consumer Affair website. I input the type of car I had along with the mileage, and it connected me with American First Auto Protect. Chase ** walked me through the process and gave me an unbeatable price, and answered all of my questions. He even offered me the tire and rim protection with my plan. I still wasn’t sure about the company, and he did send me a sample contract via email. After reading the sample contract and reviews, I decided to take a chance in hopes that I will never have to use my warranty, but if I did, they would back their product/services. I paid for the warranty and the following day I received the confirmation email and the signature pages which was downloadable almost immediately. So far the process was seamless!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I am so thankful I found this company. Zach ** and his team have gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs. I was on a road trip in the desert heat when my AC Clutch blew! So I looked up the nearest auto repair shop and had it fixed. I contacted the company and they immediately took care of this expense for me and had me on my way on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend! This was by far the quickest service I have ever received. They spoke and paid the auto shop directly. I was given my keys and off I went to finish out my cross country road trip. I am so impressed with this company and I refer all my friends to them. You cannot go wrong with these guys. The whole process almost seems too good to be true. Thank you Zach and your team for everything.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Chase was an amazing sales representative from the start. Also when I had a claim I called Chase and he got me right over to Michael in claims and they handled the situation perfectly. I am really happy I chose this company. Best extended warranty I worked with. Ask for Chase if you are looking for a quote. He is great.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 21, 2022

These people will straight out lie to you. Salesman Colin sold me a policy, I cancelled it after I saw the contract contained so many spelling and grammatical errors that there is no way someone who spoke English wrote it. I couldn't believe a company would actually give this to a potential customer to review. Colin said the full refund would be processed within 3-5 business days, it has now been 7 business days and no refund still. I have been on hold with accounting for over 25 minutes now.

American First Auto Protect response

Hi Joseph, your refund has been processed. Colin also sent you the receipt of the refund being processed. If you have any questions give us a call at Call 877-646-3363 ext 3, or email us at info@americanfirstautoprotect.comhttps://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/american-first-auto-protect.html#review=12504204

Original review: June 6, 2022

I had called and canceled my premium account in March and was told that I would receive a full refund in May. As of today, I still haven't received my refund. I tried calling them many times this past week but no one answered. My calls went straight to their voicemail as soon as they see my numbers. It is so frustrating. I am so disappointed of how unprofessional this company is. I hope someone from their billing department will call me asap to let me know when my refund will be issued.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I purchased a 3-year warranty policy on my 2011 Land Rover for a one-time charge of $2500 which I paid in full on November 2021. Today, I received my credit card statement to learn that American First had unexpectedly charged my card on May 12, 2022 an UNAUTHORIZED $999. Seems, according to reviews on YELP, unauthorized charging of customers is a SOP by American First. Curiously, in New York state the amount of fraud required for grand larceny is >$1,000. Coincidence? I suspect not.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I would not recommend American First Auto Protect (AFAP) to anyone. You won't get any protection as you won't get the service promised or hardly anyone or anyone honest on the phone. I have only and consistently received POOR or no service since I signed up with them in the fall of 2021. The first time service was needed, my car had to sit for three days on the lot of the auto repair shop as no one would pick up when the auto shop or I called. The reimbursement for the towing that was involved has yet to be paid and this was in January. Another incident occurred about March and the only thing that's been consistent is the poor service and continued lies about when the towing reimbursements, supposedly May 22 for both incidents, was to be received. It's May 31st.

Consumer Affairs I STRONGLY urge you to either more frequently or more substantively vet this company. In the meantime, I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and other similar entities. My only satisfaction will be the return of the ENTIRE amount that I paid up front for their highest level of protection, rather, no protection.

Dr. Joy **