4.8/5 (29 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American First Auto Protect

American First Auto Protect provides extended auto warranties for used vehicles that are no longer under warranty by the manufacturer. The company is headquartered in New York but serves customers all over the U.S. It has more than 14 years of experience in the industry and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Its coverage plans are highly customizable.

Pros

• Direct payment to certified shops
  • Customizable coverage
  • Roadside assistance included

Cons

• Not transparent about prices

Bottom Line

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company. It promises flexible coverage that fits any budget. It covers parts, services and roadside assistance. For a quote, you’ll have to contact the company directly.

What is American First Auto Protect?

American First Auto Protect is an extended auto warranty company with more than 14 years of experience. The company works with ASE-certified mechanics, and customers can use any certified mechanic nationwide. It promises 100% customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee. American First also employs dedicated industry experts to help answer any questions.

How does American First Auto Protect work?

American First Auto Protect requires that you contact them for a quote. From there, a customer service agent will work with you to build a plan that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. The agent goes through a comprehensive list of all your options, as well as an agreement and terms that work for you.

Once you have coverage, American First Auto Protect deals with mechanics and dealerships directly. This includes handling payments so you only ever have to deal with the company itself. It works with people all across the country who are looking for extended auto warranty coverage.

American First Auto Protect coverage

American First Auto Protect offers three levels of coverage: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The website doesn’t go into great detail about the plans — instead, it leaves room for plan customizations. Each plan does include roadside assistance.

• Silver: This plan offers the most basic coverage. As well as essential components, like the engine, transmission and brakes, the Silver plan covers a number of potential roadside issues.
    • Engine
    • Empty gas tank
    • Dead battery
    • Trip interruption
    • Towing
  • Gold: This plan is similar to the basic plan, with one major addition: coverage for the steering system.
  • Platinum: This plan offers the most comprehensive coverage from American First Auto Protect, with everything in the Gold plan and more; it’s the only one that includes nonessential electronic components.
    • Turbo/supercharger
    • Seals
    • Gaskets
    • GPS navigation
    • High-tech electronics

How much does American First Auto Protect cost?

American First Auto Protect doesn’t list pricing on its website. Instead, you have to contact the company directly for a quote. The company promises flexible coverage with a custom plan that meets both your needs and budget. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind or are unhappy with your coverage. You can contact the company for a quote by phone or by email.

American First Auto Protect FAQ

Where is American First Auto Protect located?
American First is headquartered in Albany, New York.
Where is American First Auto Protect available?
American First works with people all across the United States. It doesn’t specify any states where its services are not available.
What doesn’t American First Auto Protect cover?
Coverage depends on your specific contract. Generally, extended auto warranties don’t cover accident damage or theft. Plans also aren’t likely to cover windshield or window damage or items that wear out, such as brake pads or tires.
How do I file a claim with American First Auto Protect?
American First Auto Protect promises an easy process when making a claim. You’ll go to a certified shop for any issues, and American First will deal with them and pay them directly.

Is American First Auto Protect worth it?

If you have a used car that’s no longer under a manufacturer warranty, an extended auto warranty from American First might be a good idea. It can help cover many of the issues that come with time and use. While it’s not very transparent in terms of pricing, the company does promise custom plans to match your budget. Overall, it’s worth getting a quote from American First Auto Protect if you’re looking for an extended auto warranty.

American First Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American First Auto Protect?

Original review: July 23, 2021

I highly recommend this company. I bought an extended warranty approximately 2 months ago. I had a problem with my automobile. I called American First. I hadn't reached my mileage yet but they worked with me and they paid half of my bill where they didn't really even have to cover me but they worked with me. Chase **, Billy G and Collin ** took wonderful care of me. They made sure I got my car fixed and helped me out in every way. I highly recommend this company to all of my friends and family. You can't go wrong. Thank you again Chase **, Billy G and Collin **. You guys are the best.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I was researching different auto warranty companies through the Consumer Affair website. I input the type of car I had along with the mileage, and it connected me with American First Auto Protect. Chase ** walked me through the process and gave me an unbeatable price, and answered all of my questions. He even offered me the tire and rim protection with my plan. I still wasn’t sure about the company, and he did send me a sample contract via email. After reading the sample contract and reviews, I decided to take a chance in hopes that I will never have to use my warranty, but if I did, they would back their product/services. I paid for the warranty and the following day I received the confirmation email and the signature pages which was downloadable almost immediately. So far the process was seamless!

Original review: July 10, 2021

I am so thankful I found this company. Zach ** and his team have gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs. I was on a road trip in the desert heat when my AC Clutch blew! So I looked up the nearest auto repair shop and had it fixed. I contacted the company and they immediately took care of this expense for me and had me on my way on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend! This was by far the quickest service I have ever received. They spoke and paid the auto shop directly. I was given my keys and off I went to finish out my cross country road trip. I am so impressed with this company and I refer all my friends to them. You cannot go wrong with these guys. The whole process almost seems too good to be true. Thank you Zach and your team for everything.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, response, and professionalism of the staff involved. Barry, Zach and Colin are great people to deal with and I was put at ease immediately. I had a nightmare experience with Chex whose sales guy was high pressure, high strung, lied about other companies and badmouthed them in a most unprofessional manner. Not so with American First. I purchased a five year Platinum warranty for a just purchased 14 year old Chrysler Crossfire in mint condition with less than 14,000 miles. I don't expect problems with it but since it's 80+% Mercedes I didn't want costly repairs if needed in the future. I requested a couple of items not specifically mentioned to be added to the policy and it was done immediately with an addendum and without argument. I can tell you I sleep very well now knowing these guys have my back. Thank you very much everyone at American First Auto Protect.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I had a 3-year contract that I had purchased and wanted a 5-year maintenance contract. I kept looking and finally found American First Auto Protect. I was telling them what I wanted and they had a program that did that. The selling agent was very nice and accommodating and furnished me the contract. I got the contract and it looked okay to me. I have a Lexus and I called Lexus and asked them if they honored American First. They said they honor almost all of them. I recommended American First to someone else and they're buying it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

American First Auto Protect offered a very competitive warranty (I shopped around!) Great customer service too; fast to respond to claims and pay the service provider directly. Very easy and friendly to deal with! Highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I purchased a warranty from American First Auto about 2 months ago, yesterday my car blew a coil pack. I took the car into the dealership and once the claim was submitted it was approved by American First Auto Protect within 20 minutes. Great experience so far!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I saw a commercial about American First and called to inquire. Corey was awesome; he explained all the details and answered all my questions. I signed up and it couldn’t have been easier! I received all the materials that day!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

This is SCAM! Not a real business despite the fake Linked In accounts, fake reviews, copied and pasted from site. They do NOT have any Better Business credentials. Everything said on the phone was too good to be true and there was the same "person" that answered the phone each time. He was able to call me on a first name basis every time when I called in which was sketch. When I kindly asked for a refund. He actually told me "don't ever call us again because you're blocked." That same scam representative was also able to process a $3000 refund to my Amex.... without "approval", being on hold, anything. When I try to visit the "fake website" I am blocked and showed that the site does not exist. https://americanfirstautoprotect.com/contact-us/ This scam artist is creating his own reviews on sites like Consumer Affairs.

The "manager" Colin ** is under a fake Google email. When you search for the email it is listed under fraud sites. This is a sophisticated scam, he is well experienced with scripting, wording, and studied other Extended Auto Warranty companies in the industry to replicate the verbiage. I issued a fraud alert through my credit card company so they cannot charge my card. Please be aware this is NOT a real business. The 4 and 5 star reviews are not real. The sites are not real. SCAM SCAM SCAM! BEWARE.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had an amazing experience with Jenny in customer service. She work with me and provided me rental car right away. I had to replace my CV axle and it was replaced and repaired in two days. Thanks for the good work.

Original review: May 28, 2021

American First Auto Protect's signup process is pretty simple. The gentleman that I spoke to was very professional and he wasn't trying to push this and that on me. He explained to me the options and I heard him out. I liked the fact that we negotiated on a price. I gave a number and so did he. I was happy with the number. We met in the middle and we're good.

Original review: May 25, 2021

The person who sold me the policy did a great job and my recent claim experience was good, all in all. It would have been great if they covered the headlight because these things are expensive. But they told me was it was a cosmetic and a cosmetic repair, which is not covered under the warranty.

Original review: May 18, 2021

My friend was happy with American First. I had an engine failure and they took care of it. They did it right away. They were better than anybody else that I ever dealt with. I was happy with it. I would recommend a friend as well.

Original review: May 16, 2021

I went on the dealer site and it brought me through the process to find American First Auto Protect. There are a lot of repair insurances out there and I didn't want any snake oil. American First Auto Protect is the same company I had and it's very easy. I just go to the dealer if there's something wrong with my car that needs fixing and they let me know how much it is. I don't have to do anything else and my deductible is only $100.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Their reps were extremely friendly and they follow up with us every single week to see how we're doing. Also, they gave us a nice discount and a nice payment plan as well.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Everybody at American First did a very good job. One of their reps explained everything to me except for getting my papers. I called back and talked to him a week or so ago and I still haven't got the welcoming package.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Out of all three companies I spoke to, American First was the best. They answered anything I had to ask right away and there was no runaround. They were transparent and I chose to go with them. I spoke with Barry when I was signing up and he helped me out with it. They went over all the details and gave me a great package. It was an easy process to get going and there were no issues.

Original review: May 11, 2021

The associate I talked to on the phone got me straight to everything I needed to get done for the signup. That process was pretty simple.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Setting up the service was pretty easy and I'm very satisfied with my package.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I’ve had an up and down experience looking for a great warranty company. I spoke with 11 different companies before American First. They were the most professional they let me take my time with the decision and was the only company that offered me a veterans discount. Our sales rep Scott acknowledged what we were looking for and explained everything about the plan in detail. Saved me $1000 now. I bet you can’t save that much switching to Geico. Scott you’re the man!! Overall a great buying experience!

Original review: April 26, 2021

Lori is my personal account representative. She’s a pleasure to work with and is very on top of her job. She signed me up with the platinum plan which is basically bumper to bumper. I am happy with that plan. The only flaw is that I was looking for my maintenance to be covered which is not. But besides that they are a pleasure to work with.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Engine light came on in my car, called American First they told me to take my car to shop of my choice and have them contact them. They took over from there and paid the claim to the dealership. Was simple, smooth and customer service was great.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I am very satisfied with this company. They have amazing customer service. The sales rep that I spoke to was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. They covered my repairs and handled my situation diligently. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 21, 2021

American First Auto Protection is the best company I have dealt with in extended warranty. The companies I worked with in the past steer away from the problems when they occur. With American First when something needs to get done it’s handled right away. We appreciate your diligent work and looking forward to working with you guys for many many years to come.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I was skeptical about buying warranty from my car but this company was really great. When I had repairs needed for my car they were very helpful and understanding. I would def. recommend them!! Prices were very fair as well!!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Updated on 05/29/2021: I had a problem with my Mercedes and I liked how fast everything worked. American First helped me out a lot and it was within two days. Everything was great. Go for American First Auto Protect. They'll take care of you.

Original Review: Howard in customer service was a pleasure to work with. Anytime I have a question or concern there is no hold times at all. When looking for an extended warranty I look for people like Howard that take their job seriously and get things done quick.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Zach ** was a pleasure to work with from the start. I received coverage in February of 2021. My car was rattling on the highway way last week. I called Zach right away and he set me up towing assistance. They towed my vehicle to the nearest Audi dealership and it was handled in 2 days. Thank you guys for your hard work and dedication!

Original review: April 21, 2021

My sales guy Scott was amazing setting me up with an extended warranty. Their trip interruption benefit was amazing. I was looking for a company that offered a great veterans discount. I received an additional 350 dollars off for being a veteran. I hope their claims process is as smooth as the buying process! Looking forward to working with you guys!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Signed up with American First Auto Protect about 6 months ago. Last week, I had to use my service because my sunroof motor wasn’t working properly, had difficulty closing the top...I contacted American first they located me to the nearest BMW dealership near me, and Blake in the claims department handled it same day. Thank you guys so much for taking care of me in a timely manner. I recommend this to my friends and family.

American First Auto Protect Company Information