It's that easy Request Information
4.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans to cover your oil changes, tire rotations, and other regular maintenance expenses and our extended auto warranty plans. Protect My Car offers extended auto warranty plans for vehicle's that are a 2001 or newer, and have up to 150,000 miles, so your vehicle remains covered far beyond your manufacture's warranty plan. Our extended auto warranty plan cover the cost of your mechanical failures, all repairs are covered on our corporate credit card account, so your only out of pocket expense is your $100 deductible. All of our extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down, or runs out of gas. We will also provide a rental car for you for all repairs that will take 4 hours or more to preform.

If your vehicle has more than 150,000 miles on it, do not hesitate to call because you will still qualify for discounted repairs where your saving you an average of 25% per repair, these plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, and rental car coverage. Call today for more information on our Ambassador maintenance plans.

Once you purchase an extended warranty or an Ambassador maintenance plan our Claims Adjustor's will help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Our number one priority is to provide you with the level of coverage you need! Call today for a free no obligation quote.

Our customers set up their contract using our no fee payment plan allowing for small monthly payments to be made for as long as 24 - 36 months making our coverage affordable for everyone. With our no fee payment plan the cost for real coverage is less than $2 per day. Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30 day money back guarantee!

Protect My Car Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2162 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My car was getting some mileage on it and I wanted to be safe. I had over 100,000 so it was time to get something to protect myself against major repairs. I got Protect My Car for my Ram truck. Their reps have always been helpful. They sent a book that explained everything out to me. I had a claim for a top end cylinder for my truck, and the mechanic was able to take care of the claim. With Protect My Car, it feels better to know that if something goes wrong, I can get it fixed for 50% off.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I liked what I saw at Protect My Car and in my research, their $100 deductible seemed pretty good. Also, they seemed like they cover more while the one I had in the past would cover half of repairs only. I had a couple of calls with Protect My Car's reps, one of them was regarding a payment, and my interactions with them were fairly good. They seemed to work with me a little and were kinda flexible. I've been pleased with them so far. The total cost was about $4,000 and the price could be a little bit better, but if something happens, it's better than spending $4,000 in another vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My warranty went out and I decided to get a new one. I liked that Protect My Car would pay 50% of whatever they could negotiate with the shop, so I went with them. Also, I have a friend that works up here who has been taking care of my car already and I knew that my guy wouldn't cheat me, so Protect My Car's deal was cool and would work for me. When I signed up, I had two cars, a Volvo, which was in good shape, and my Chevrolet. I got rid of the Volvo but I kept the warranty on the other because I still have the Chevrolet. However, I didn't realized that because I had rims on the Chevrolet, they'd only pay 25%. That was a big cut and I didn't know it until I did my first claim.

At the time, I was wondering how come they were only paying $200 and something and I owed $900. It was a crazy number and I thought the coverage was gonna be 50%. I called them and they said that that deal was for my other car. I don't remember anybody telling me that, so that kinda upset me and I cancelled the warranty because I didn't need the 25% coverage. If my engine would cost $2,000, I would have to come up with $1,600 and that's dumb. I could talk to my shop guy and he could have them good for $1,500.

Other than that, the people I talked to were great. When I get to them for the warranty thing, everything went pretty good. The price was also very decent. For the two cars, I was only paying 110 bucks a month and when we broke it down to one, I paid only 56 bucks. However, whoever I signed up with should have told me that the aftermarket rims on my Chevrolet would make a difference in the amount they'd pay. I could have put the rims off if that was gonna make the 25% difference. Also, they were saying that the rental car would be for three days only. That sucked because sometimes, repairs would fall on a weekend and if my guy is doing engine work, it took him a week. So, they should at least extend that to a week.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I got a sales call from ProtectMyCar and was told what their warranty covered, and it was a good deal to me. The guy explained everything and gave me a price that was fair, so I decided to get it for my used car. I like the quality of their service and their coverage is good since they cover regular wear and tear as far as shocks and stress go, which is a big expense.

I just don’t like how the payment thing goes whenever a claim is filed. I've had one due to my AC and the process took forever. I have had to go back and forth with the shop, deal with adjustors, call and tell them what’s going on and then go to the shop then the shop has to call back. And I'm on hold forever. I've had to make these calls when I'm at work and I can't be on the phone on hold for 15 to 20 minutes. Then whenever I call to make a payment, the hold time would be 30 minutes, and I've called and chosen all the options just to try to get through somebody. Still, having the extended warranty is worth it. At least everything that I know of is fixed and should anything go wrong, I would just take my car in and not worry about it too much if it's gonna cost thousands since ProtectMyCar would cover 50%.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have a Ford with 180,000 miles on it and I was able to utilize Protect My Car's benefits for one significant maintenance project that I had last November which covered a number of items that needed to be updated on the vehicle. Some of them were covered, while some of them were not, but it was able to at least have a good share of items taken care of and compensated by Protect My Car. I also like the number of items covered by Protect My Car, more significantly the cost per month I have set up with them, and the overall contract duration and total financing that I’m working at with them over a four-year period. I looked at this before and a lot of people get a lot of calls and marketing for them over the course of time, but I've been able to put together a list of things that are important to me and things that I can against other competitors. I was able to get a good price for the products and services I’m receiving from Protect My Car.

Protect My Car has a main marketing group and they outsource the claims to a warranty company, Mepco, that handles the claim specifically. All calls regarding questions and process go through them and I made sure I understood it fully before I proceeded with the full maintenance that I had quoted on my vehicle, so I knew exactly what was going to be covered and why or why not some things were not covered. They walked me through the process for filing a claim. I provided the invoice and I had it done in the Ford dealership. Ford knew the process themselves and forwarded the invoice on the work that was qualified for warranty rebates at least 50% of the costs for applicable and qualified repairs, material, and labor. I was able to be educated on it and understood the process at the time.

I have a monthly amount that I pay for and I am throwing an arbitrary number of $3,000 as the cost of the program. With each qualified parts and repair, they give 50% of it. I would have to pay for Mepco qualified portion of the invoice and have proof that it was paid for, then they would compensate me. They would then send me a check. I would pay for my portion and once I prove that I paid for my portion, they would pay theirs.

At one point, I was going to cancel the contract, but Protect My Car came back and renegotiated a lower monthly amount. Nothing changed and they were able to keep me on as a customer. I have an auto draft, so I get a monthly invoice for a draft that occurs and I know when it occurs. I set up exactly when the withdrawal occurs specifically. That works in consent with my paycheck so that it’s withdrawn at an appropriate time during the month. Everything works all good and I don’t have any issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My vehicle is out of warranty. It has over 200,000 miles on it so I got ProtectMyCar for extended warranty. The reps I dealt with are very knowledgeable. I called them to let them know that I was taking my car in and they said the service center would have to call us once they discovered what the problem was. The service center then called them to tell them what the problem was and what the repairs would be. They agree on what the price is and once that happens and the car is repaired. ProtectMyCar will call me for half and I give them my half and they pay the service center the balance of the full amount and I just pick up my car. However, I'm starting to get a leak from my power steering and it may be a hose or maybe the seals and that's not gonna be covered. My car was at 2,000 so there was something ProtectMyCar didn’t cover. But overall, I'm satisfied and pleased with ProtectMyCar.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Whoever called me from ProtectMyCar really sounded very nice and and I made the purchase because if anything should happen to the car, you could get it repaired. But when I went to get my stuff repaired, I was not happy and I cancelled the policy. But then I thought I would give them a shot. I tried to re-redo it but it was big old deal. So I just went to somebody else and now, all I gotta do is pay $100. If my transmission goes out, I can take my vehicle to a dealership and all my deductible would be is $100. They would pay the rest. They also cover a lot and it only cost me 100 bucks a month for both of my cars. I'm not too satisfied with ProtectMyCar.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

When I bought a secondhand vehicle from Scott Honda, they gave the auto maintenance, but later said that I cannot extend with them. I had to search for a new warranty provider and I found ProtectMyCar as a good one. The rep answered all the questions, but nobody came and check for inspection because I had the continuity of the initial maintenance, and it was brilliant.

My first claim was really small. I called customer care and informed them that a small repair was done and they covered part of the cost. For my second claim, the engine was down and it was a bigger payment. It was a major claim but I didn't receive a good response from ProtectMyCar. I felt very bad, but I fought a lot for it. I ended up spending lot of money and finally sold the car. I did not feel good about ProtectMyCar. I should have went through the terms and conditions clearly before signing up with them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had an older ’93 model vehicle. Most of the time, when I was coming in, I already had a car that was already needing work. Right away, ProtectMyCar already had a contingency plan set in place that could get me out of the bind, like paying just a quarter of what I have to pay for six years. The vehicle protection specialists took the time and identified themselves properly. When they used any verbiage that I didn’t understand, they took the time to break it down so I wouldn’t be floating through the conversation. Also, their knowledge and expertise were on point. Also their timing on getting the money to the dealer.

When filing a claim, the first thing I would do is call the platinum card that I had. Then they would prompt me the steps that they needed me to take. It was practically easy. And ProtectMyCar took me under their wings. I had an Impala that needed a $1,600 engine fixed. That one didn't go through cause it was priced at $1,600. If that was priced at $1,200, which I thought it really was, I would have been on the range of the $800, and I would have been paying $800 instead of $1,200. So that's the only thing that stopped that in its track. But I got ProtectMyCar to pay $300 on the diagnostic. Other than that, everything was well in the end.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Getting a service contract for my vehicle was a good idea and yet everybody said it was gonna be a hoax but I proved them wrong. It wasn’t hard to purchase a warranty from Protect My Car. I just gave them the information on my vehicle and they started me up. I put it on autopay because it’s the same amount all the time and I know that that money is coming out every month. I have really been pleased with the work that Protect My Car has done.

I filed a claim because my car started falling apart, and I didn’t have a problem with their customer service team. I called them up and gave them my number and they talked to me. They said they were gonna call the service place that would be working on my car. The claims process has been really good and easy. I had the people at the service station call and explain what was going on, and then I called Protect My Car to verify that I needed the help and they approved it. I’ve had a few things that aren’t covered, but that was to be expected. Otherwise, Protect My Car’s service is great.

The last time my car broke down, I should’ve tried the rental service because I was stuck without a vehicle for quite some time. I locked myself out twice and once, the battery wouldn’t start. So, that was three calls within a year, and for the rest of the year, I couldn’t get AAA to help me. But I could’ve called Protect My Car and gotten a tow truck at least out there to get my car off the road. I know that it's available through them, and that is important. I’m disabled, so there are things I can’t do.

My truck is gonna keep running now but if it won't, I can call and someone will get it fixed right away. I took the car to the repair shop and they did the repairs. The issue has something to do with the computer that once you’ve disconnected the battery, when you reconnect it up, the car won’t run continuously until you do something to the computer to tell it that it’s supposed to keep running. I would start the car and it would just cut off. So, I called and they fixed it right away because it was part of fixing the vehicle.

My fiancé and I are really happy with Protect My Car's service. He would like to join as well but they said they’re not signing up more people in California at this time. California has such strict laws regarding catalytic converters and they even change the gas for summer, and maybe Protect My Car doesn't like that. Still, I would tell my friends that Protect My Car is a really good program and if they can get signed up, they should. The warranty is very worth the monthly fees that one pays out.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

ProtectMyCar is a great company and they do exactly what they offer. I was referred to them and when I enrolled, their reps were great. And when I filed a claim, they all worked out pretty quickly and everything went well. The warranty covers everything that I need to be covered and I'm very happy with its cost.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I wanted protection for my vehicle and ProtectMyCar was the first one that came up when I turned on my computer. I had a good service when I purchased it. Their claims process was difficult though. When I filed a claim for an engine work to my car, some people wouldn’t take the information. Nonetheless, the quality of service was good, especially the last mechanic.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I wanted protection for my truck, and I got a warranty from Protect My Car. I had the truck worked on a couple of times and it went smoothly. The process wasn’t bad. The repair shop called in and Protect My Car got the estimate. I had to pay for half of the repairs once they approved the estimate, and then the repair shop did the repairs. Protect My Car has been okay, and I’ll continue with them for now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I needed the extra protection in case something happens to my car. I purchased Protect My Car and everything went well at sign up. Their reps were informative, always helpful and available. Their customer service team has always been respectful and helpful too. Recently, I filed a claim over the phone and that process was easy. Everybody doesn’t accept them though. I have to go to a major dealer and I end up still paying a lot more even though I get a discount. The major dealers mark up the total so high. Still, the overall quality of the Protect My Car Service has been great. Since having the warranty, I know that if anything happens to the car, I will be able to have it fixed. They pay 25% and they even provide a loaner car for three days.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I like Protect My Car. I've had them for a couple of years now and they're covering my Volkswagen CC. When the warranty on the car was running out, I needed to have an extended warranty and Protect My Car offered a lot more than other people. Whatever I asked the reps, they answered my questions. They are very professional. Filing the claim was a smooth transaction as well. The timing chain on the car got broken, so we had to take it to the shop and get it fixed. I had to get two services done on the car and the reps helped and did everything to make that happen. I called and told them what I needed. They told me what they needed from me and I gave them. So, not only was the shop able to fix the car, everybody worked together to get it done. Given my experience, I'm getting ready to call them to try to cover my other car.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I wanted to get repairs done on my vehicle and the person who helped me sign up with ProtectMyCar was good. I just wish he would have found a better percentage instead of the 60% that he gave me. When I filed a claim, I had to go to the repair shop and give them the phone number to the claims department. They had to go through it, while I sat and waited almost three weeks before I finally got a response. It took the automobile people enough time to get things approved and then they told me that I got to pay for this and that. And while they would tell you what they've done, it took too long for a decision to be made and we're not happy about it. In the end, we got a little bit more done than what I needed to, but I cancelled a lot of things because this insurance is not enough to pay for the cost of the repairs.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had an older vehicle and I was certain it would need some work. I wanted a coverage in case something went out or something happened with the engine or the transmission. After speaking with Protect My Car and several others, I decided that Protect My Car was the best suited for me. There are a couple of other companies that are better with the protection and they give you more for less, but Protect My Car was more convenient. Their rep was able to answer all the questions that I had. He even looked for whatever programs they had going for veterans and for the elderly. He looked to see where he could save me money and that worked for me.

When I filed a claim, I took my vehicle to the repair shop and they pretty much took it from there. They looked the vehicle over and contacted Protect My Car. They let them know what was going on with the vehicle, got the approval from Protect My Car, and went on with the repair. The claim was for the transmission and Protect My Car covered it. Shortly after replacing the transmission, the repairman saw that the transfer case was going out so they contacted Protect My Car for the transfer case.

The problem I had with Protect My Car was that we had to work around some issues. They would rather put a junkyard part in it rather than getting the best one. And if you go to a junkyard and pull a part out, you wouldn’t know what’s going on inside that transmission or transfer case. It could have the same amount of problems or close to going out and you may be going through the same process again shortly thereafter. But we were able to work out where the transmission was actually a rebuilt. My father was with another warranty company and they pay for everything that might go wrong. But he pays more and I pay a lot less which I expect I will have to do more battling.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Everything is going well with Protect My Car. I have an SL500 and a Jaguar S-Type R. They're expensive performance cars and the original warranties on them had expired. I wanted them covered, in case they broke down. A while back, I filed a claim for the Jaguar. They did what they had to do and did a good job.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

When I first spoke with the representative from ProtectMyCar, I asked him if the warranty is gonna protect certain things in the car like mechanical stuff. He went out with a bunch of things and he told me, "Take this to protect this. If it doesn’t take you this, it's gonna take you that." The guy was promising and that got me confused. I didn’t understand why the cost was too high on one and too low on another, and they have so many other packages besides the one I chose. I was looking for engine and transmission coverage. They covered one claim for a transmission and it happened three months later after I got the warranty. They covered most of whatever their part was and I covered mine.

I had a flaky interaction with the representative at first and the moment was like it wasn’t legit. I don’t think I'll go for him anymore after I've been through the claims process because I asked the contractor if I can switch if you have different cars. For whatever reasons, they have a code on how high the mileage is if you own the car. It would’ve helped out to put the coverage in another car, instead of just stopping the warranty, but I don’t think they wanted it that way. They wanted less mileage on a car. Still, submitting a claim was good. Everything went through, including the payment, and everything was good.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My truck broke down and Protect My Car was the only one I knew about, so I got a service contract from them. But I didn't get any information from the person who sold the contract to me and I had to call Protect My Car directly. Afterwards, they were supposed to send me a package but I never got it, so I ended up talking to another customer service person being that my truck was already broken. I filed a claim for an oil pump and they were able to help me out. They also sent me a couple thousand dollars. Overall, filing a claim with them was pretty easy and it was more a hassle on the dealer's end because they had to call, then I had to call Protect My Car. And after I paid Protect My Car, they'd cover the bill.

When I tried to get an auto warranty from them, Protect My Car said that their thing was better than others. But I found a warranty for my truck that covered the enhanced power train and all that good stuff. They also gave me a six-year/100,000-mile warranty, so I switched to them. It kinda aggravated me a little bit when I tried to cancel because my account didn’t get cancelled like it was supposed to. But other than that, everything else was great with Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I had cars that were older in year and higher in mileage. I wanted to have some warranty on at least some of the major issues they might have because I can't get that when I have an older car. A rep from ProtectMyCar called me and he was pleasant and informative. I bought a warranty for two of my vehicles and I used it on one of them for a transmission. The claims process was easy and went fairly smooth. It was better than I expected. Everything that the representative told me was accurate, unlike the usual aftermarket warranties that say everything is covered except the problem. There were no surprises and I was well informed of what my coverages were ahead of time, so I was happy with it.

I took the vehicle in to a mechanic and I gave them the information. I contacted ProtectMyCar for the claim and the mechanic also contacted them and submitted the necessary documentation. Within two days, I was told the cost was gonna be $4000. ProtectMyCar only covers half of the bill so I still had to pay a couple of thousand dollars for my transmission to get rebuilt. Without the insurance, I probably would not have been able to afford to do it and I would not have been able to fix my car. So, the warranty was worth doing.

While I have to cancel the warranty now because I don't have either one of those cars anymore, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The cost of the warranty is more than reasonable. It runs about $50 a month and it covers some major components. It is worth it if you can afford it. It will cover 50% of the major repairs on the vehicle if something goes back like the engine or the transmission. I would recommend ProtectMyCar to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I went to have a Protect My Car extended warranty for the second time. I got into some financial difficulties so I was not able to keep it then. I have had a claim with them about two years ago. There was something wrong in the wheel of my car. Cavender Auto and Protect My Car agreed on an amount plus my deductible. My son went to pick my car up and he called me saying that Cavender needed 500 more because they said that the extended warranty didn't cover a certain portion. I know the contract and information because Protect My Car sent the information to us via email to let us know what's going on. I told my son about it and he called back saying that it was okay now. I would like to say that their price seemed to be a little exorbitant but other than that I'm satisfied. We're gonna discuss the price because I didn't have the VIN and the exact mileage on the car. They can check the record and see that there's nothing been wrong with the car.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I've had bad experiences with other auto warranty providers where they didn't cover anything. So I got two warranties for my car, just in case one company didn't cover an issue then the other one would cover. But Protect My Car covered almost everything, and the other provider covered nothing except the air conditioner. So I canceled them and I kept Protect My Car because they helped me out. Even though they only pay half, half is better than nothing.

I filed a claim for my timing chain and everything worked out fine. The timing chain was expensive, and Protect My Car covered half the cost, which was great. When my transmission went out, I'm thankful I had somebody to pay half because I'm a single mother on disability. Everybody has been polite and willing to help. I'm very happy with Protect My Car.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

ProtectMyCar's reps were very good. I filed a claim the day before and it went smoothly. It was done very fast and I liked their service. But the cost of the warranty was a little bit high and right now, I have a problem with one of my windows. When the motor was replaced, the window was not opening anymore. Then, the mechanic replaced it but they put an aftermarket part and it's not working right. The mechanic said that the insurance didn't approve the original part. They also said that they tried to fix it and put some lubrication, but still when you put the window up, it is very slow. They told me that the aftermarket part is not really good and that it doesn't work as well as the original one. Other than that, ProtectMyCar has a good team and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

ProtectMyCar was a good fit for what I had going on. They had the warranty that I wanted and the mileage is what I needed. There's one lady I talked to, Terry, and she was very nice. She helped me out a whole lot. However, I had some troubles at first with a couple of the workers because they were unprofessional. They were not servicing me like I needed and not answering the questions that I needed. They were not getting to the bottom of the problem that I had and Terry called me back and took care of me. The claims process was very simple and I've already turned a couple of my buddies to ProtectMyCar,

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Since I purchased Protect My Car’s extended warranty, I feel safe that if something happens and whatever insurance does not cover, they will cover it. They are a good company and the quality of their service got an A in my book. I went with them since they called me first when the warranty on my truck expired. They had personable and understanding reps. They seemed like they cared and it was a good experience. Their customer service was great too. Filing a claim was quick and painless. I did it all over the phone and the claims rep were all good. I got a new engine for the truck and they paid their half.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have a Mercedes and when I bought it, it was about seven-year old. At the time, I would've gotten a warranty right at the very beginning but the place I got it from said they didn't have an aftermarket warranty. So, I went without one for a while. It wasn't until I started doing some searching on the internet and realized that I could actually get one on my Mercedes. I looked it up and found Protect My Car who was highly rated, so I proceeded to get one. The amount that I'm paying per month is totally acceptable for what I was looking to pay and I would totally recommend Protect My Car. I definitely got my money's worth out of it so far.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was getting repairs done to my car. ProtectMyCar was the only warranty provider that I knew at the time so I bought a service contract from them and the rep that I dealt with was professional. ProtectMyCar has been good in handling my claims. They don’t really cover electrical components but they cover most mechanics and parts.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I've had different warranties before and I wasn’t happy with how things worked with some of them. The first vehicle that I put the warranty on is old and a lot of insurance companies wouldn’t cover it. I like ProtectMyCar better. I purchased their warranty about a year ago. The rep was really nice and his knowledge and expertise were good. He walked me through everything, and, so far, mostly everything he said was true. ProtectMyCar still covered my old vehicle although it’s a different coverage where I pay for half the cost of the work. It’s unlike the other warranties I had, where my car was fully covered, and I only had to pay a deductible and sometimes a little extra. I wish I could get better coverage with ProtectMyCar. But I just deal with what I can get, being that my vehicle is old.

The process of filing a claim with ProtectMyCar starts when I take my car to the shop. Then the shop figures out what's wrong with my car and I give them the warranty card. Next, they call the warranty company to see if my car is covered and how much would be paid. Later on, they would give me a call and tell me the amount that needs to be paid. After I do that, I pay my debit card now. However, it used to be that I pay my debit card and as soon as I'm paid, they call the shop back and get started.

On my first claim with ProtectMyCar there was a miscommunication on the price. I went to the shop and the shop quoted me one price. Then the warranty company spoke with them, and they made adjustments on what the warranty would pay versus what the shop wanted. I was confused. It saved the warranty company money versus me, and I thought we were on the same side. But I let that go because they're still helping me pay.

I've had work done in my car in June, July, and October. Recently, I needed to get service done on it again and the reps helped me very well. They started a new process where I have to sign paperwork before the shop can get the job started. A little thing came to where they email me a contract of how much I had to pay, and I would have to sign and date it. Then I would have to send it back before the shop could get done. I was kind of upset about the new process, especially because I work and it took me a minute to get that done. I also needed the work on the car to get done as soon as possible.

The cost of ProtectMyCar’s policy is very reasonable. Actually, the vehicle is my dad’s, and I got the warranty for him because he's on a fixed income and so he doesn’t have as much money. I have a second vehicle, which is a truck, and I also have the warranty on it just in case. We've modified the truck and a lot of warranties would not accept the modifications of the vehicle. But ProtectMyCar does. They don’t worry about that, so I like them. I tell people that they need to get this warranty because it helps out, especially if it’s for older cars. I also tell people the stories that I've been through. My dad had $1,500 worth of work done, and I only had to come out $700 out of pocket, which is wonderful. Everything to me was really good. I recommend ProtectMyCar.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My vehicle was secondhand and I wanted to make sure I had a warranty with it in case anything would go wrong. I went with ProtectMyCar based on what I've seen that they covered and filing a claim wasn’t too difficult. I always call to make sure it's covered. And if you've reviewed it and you know it's gonna be covered before you take it in the shop, once you take it in the shop, the service is good. There was one time that it was in question about the claim being covered though. That was the only time that I encountered having any question mark about what we were claiming based on the situation with the car. I just thank God that I have a good mechanic who could explain. The female mechanic that I had explained it to the best of her ability and her knowing what she was talking about really helped because I proved that the person who was approving it missed the mark. After she explained it to him, we didn’t have any problem.

Protect My Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Three levels of coverage available: Driveline, Select and Supreme. Most models of cars are accepted. Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind.

• Flexible payment terms: Protect My Car offers long and flexible payment terms, ranging from 36 to 48 months, to make your monthly payment as affordable as possible with no hidden fees.

• Available all over the U.S. and Canada with Trip Interruption: Use your Protect My Car policy anywhere in North America. If you breakdown more than 100 Miles away from home you’ll be reimbursed for lodging and meals.

• Roadside assistance: Protect My Car includes 24/7 roadside assistance with their extended warranties. Their roadside assistance program includes towing, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service and jumpstarts. Customers can also get a rental car while their car is being repaired in the shop.

• Money back guarantee: Protect My Car offers a 30-day money back guarantee so customers can review their coverage for a full 30 days and ensure they are 100 percent satisfied with their purchase. If they are not, Protect My Car will issue a hassle-free refund.

• Policies for all drivers: Protect My Car offers plans for all drivers no matter how many miles you have put on your vehicle. Enjoy full coverage, comprehensive coverage or enhanced powertrain coverages.

• Best for: Used car owners, new car owners, busy parents and high mileage drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Protect My Car Company Information