toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.

Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: March 3, 2016

We really enjoy ProtectMyCar and every time we talk to their rep, they've been great and very pleasant. Our payments are really easy since they come out of our account each month. So far, all the experience we've had has been very easy and simple, that's why we've already been recommending them to people.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 1, 2016

ProtectMyCar's price is affordable and making payments is easy because they do it right out of my check. One time I used them and my dealership took care of the whole thing. The dealership had a good experience with calling them so it hasn't been any bother for me. It was an excellent experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

We are very proud to help folks on Social Security and limited income with special rates without limiting coverage available under the policy. It really is all part of not just doing things right, but doing the right thing for each person.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I live on Social Security and ProtectMyCar was more affordable for me than other auto warranty providers. The payments for the purchase is easy as they take the money out every month. I’ve no problems. Submitting a claim was easy as well. I talked to the representatives and they were pretty straightforward and knowledgeable. I had a problem with my car and ProtectMyCar took care of it. I had a good experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I wanted a warranty and bought from ProtectMyCar a couple of years ago. ProtectMyCar is good. My mechanics never had a problem when submitting my claims with them. It wasn't also hard making payments.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for those comments. We have shared your comments with our various departments to let them know how their hard work really pays off.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My experience when I submitted a claim to ProtectMyCar was good. Though the process took a long time, they replaced a transmission radiator and a starter. I had to deal with the manager and he was pretty good. ProtectMyCar is probably one of the best car warranty companies around and I recommend them to anybody in the United States. I would even do a commercial for them. They're so great and I really appreciate them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyCar.com?

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
We do work hard to make sure that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

ProtectMyCar was cheaper over other auto warranty providers and they're good when it comes to processing a claim. I went to the dealership for it and they went through ProtectMyCar to deal with it. We've been using ProtectMyCar for a long time and so far, they have been good.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We do regret the added time it took to get the repair done right. Very infrequently a part we order comes in defective and does have to be re-ordered. We do make sure that all parts installed function properly and we warrant those parts for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
We are glad that the defective part was discovered immediately and replaced and that the policy saved so much of your repair cost.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

When submitting a claim, ProtectMyCar does what they're supposed to do. But I don't like the last experience I had with them. They keep buying off the market parts and sending it to the mechanic shop and I have to buy there twice to get the same thing fixed. It's a big inconvenience for me because I have to rent a car twice. I had to put $200 on whole then they only pay $30 for the car and the rental car is $50 a day. When they do that, it costs me money. Then, I had to wait until whenever they want to pay me back. Another time, they didn't pay the dealership because they said the dealership didn't call them before they did the repair. All in all, I wasn't happy the last time but other than that, it's fine.

ProtectMyCar.com

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I didn't know what to expect until I submit a claim to ProtectMyCar because I had a friend who told me that "No, they won't do this. They won't honor this or that." All that just went in my head. But when the incident did occur, ProtectMyCar processed the immediately. It was pretty fast so I was impressed. I spoke to the claim representative and they asked me for my account number and went through the process. Once they recognized everything was legit, they told me to just call them and then I'm covered within minutes. I was excited about it.

When they took my truck through the protection, they're supposed to provide a rental car. I ate that expense up because that's how satisfied I was with the services. I set the payment up to auto pay. They made that simple part too because I really work so much and have no time to pay a whole lot of things. And so they set that up for me extremely fast and there hasn't been any problem whatsoever.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I had a protection plan for my car but sometimes when I would call in a problem, there were certain things that they did not cover. So when I discovered ProtectMyCar, the guy gave me a great discount because I was a senior citizen. Plus he guaranteed that we could find a cheaper price and they would pay at least 25% of whatever the price was. Every time I submitted a claim through ProtectMyCar, they responded immediately. But I had to go through the company and the company basically did all the work. And the representative called me back to pay for it whatever I needed to pay for with the credit card. In addition, what I really like about the program is that they offered free oil changes.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond.
Some repairs by their nature are time consuming to diagnose and repair correctly. We do depend on the diagnosis by the shop and have to wait until they have completed that diagnosis. On some occasions, we do hire our own specialists for an independent inspection.
In order to get a proper and complete diagnosis of the problems we hire at our expense a specialist to take a look at the automobile and give us an independent diagnosis. As we are sure you will agree, fixing only a part of the problem, or the wrong problem, could cost you a lot of lost time and trouble. It was well worth spending this time to make sure the repair was done right the first time.
We are glad we were able to get the repair done for you and do regret the additional time it took to get it done right the first time.
Please let us know if you have any questions,

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I had an auto warranty before that was really bad and didn't work for me. So then, I chose ProtectMyCar and they did a pretty good job. However, it was time-consuming. I submitted a claim on the phone and then they wanted all my maintenance records. So I gathered them all, and then it took them a couple of weeks before they decided they were gonna give me a transmission. Then it took them two more weeks again before they even sent the transmission. After that, the place where I had it, had gotten the transmission and installed it. And everything was fine. I also used the rental car benefits. ProtectMyCar reimbursed me for the rental car for about a couple of weeks.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you, too, for referring your family members to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I had just bought a warranty that was about to run out on a used vehicle I bought so I looked for another. Once I looked at the package of ProtectMyCar, I was pleased with it for the price compared to what I was paying. I've used ProtectMyCar three or four times already and it's been a good experience. Submitting a claim is easy overall though I'd have to get involved in between the provider, the mechanic and ProtectMyCar because sometimes the wrong number would be called and I would have to get to the claim to make sure the mechanic is talking to the right person. Other than that, it is pretty much flawless.

It's easy to make my payments for the warranty. They also reimburse me for the cost of the oil even if I change my own oil which is a little unique. Looking at the age of my vehicle, I can't get a full warranty but my current one covers the labor cost so I'm satisfied with that 25%. I told my brother about ProtectMyCar and he purchased a plan for his vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Louis called me about ProtectMyCar. At the beginning, we didn’t know how the policy works, but at the end of the day, the whole policy was a little explained to me. And whatever option they gave to me it made sense.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

ProtectMyCar is a very good company and they stand by their policies. Submitting a claim with them was very easy. They're very responsive and they have quick authorization. The claim was done through the dealership and the dealer told me that that first claim that I put in was in good faith. ProtectMyCar is dependable and true to their name. I highly recommend them.

Factual basis uncertain

When I called to speak with ProtectMyCar to ask how to process a claim, I didn't get a callback. I had to have a claim in the system for them to call me. That part was okay and the claim was processed. However, there was no one to talk to on weekends for emergency services. The car went into the shop on a Friday night and they don't even call back on a Sunday since they were not open on weekends. I have canceled the warranty over a month ago and they kept calling me to re-initiate.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I bought a vehicle and didn’t have an extended warranty on it. I went online and ProtectMyCar was the first one I got. I called to check the price and everything on it and the people at ProtectMyCar were really helpful. They wanted a $250 down payment and I told them I couldn’t afford it, so they did some numbers and said that they could get it down to $149. I then went with them. They were really good at working with me on my down payment.

The first time I submitted a claim was when the transmission on my van went out. They’ve been really helpful and in fact, they’ve been excellent through the whole thing. I submitted the claim on the phone and the guy that I spoke with, Ron, was really helpful and very apologetic about having to take so many times to get the right transmission in my car. I went back and forth with him a lot on the issue with the first, second and third transmissions that weren't good. This is the fourth transmission that ProtectMyCar put in. I had issues with them, but in the end, everything worked out fine. I haven’t had any more problems with it.

They worked with me on all that stuff and put me in a rental car and were really good. I’m a single mom with three kids and I have to have my vehicle to work. ProtectMyCar went as far as giving me another week and a half on my rental car because of the time it took to fix the transmission. On the fourth time, they didn't go with ATech Transmission, the transmission people they were going with before. They went to the dealer and got me a new transmission because the first three were bad transmissions.

Moreover, I used the roadside assistance when my car broke down on me for the first time in August. They were there within a couple of hours and picked up my vehicle at my job site where I was and took it to David Stanley, the service department that I requested they take it to. They were wonderful, too. They had a contractor with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, so they were able to get me right into the rental vehicle and put everything on one bill for the ProtectMyCar people. I’m very happy with ProtectMyCar. They've been nice and my experience has been very satisfying.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We are very happy to have helped you with your last repair, saving you over $500 on a $1000 repair. It did take less than an hour to achieve those savings and if that was longer that you felt comfortable with then we do apologize.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

ProtectMyCar was more reasonable over their competition. I was at a dealership when I submitted a claim over the phone. Their customer service rep was very good and not too pushy. However, the process of getting it approved and waiting for something to be faxed back took a long time. I had to wait for almost 45 minutes for it which threw me. It took almost a half day for them to fix the car.

Factual basis uncertain

I was told the extended warranty I had with the dealership had X amount of days to retire. My days ran out and I never applied but ProtectMyCar called and I went with them. I submitted a claim and it had been helpful, although they don't pay for some parts which costs about $200 like a regulator. Luckily, I haven’t had anything major except the sensor that is $250. The dealership had my car and said that it would take four hours to fix it. However, they kept it for three days and I couldn’t get a rental vehicle. Also, if I'm 75 miles beyond the nearest dealership then I got to pay the towing.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

ProtectMyCar was able to work with me and got me a better deal. I had to pay out a little longer but it was what I could afford. I filed a claim a month or two ago which was easy to do. All I had to do is give my card people the number and they got the issue squared away. The price wasn't so expensive, too. But I want to know more about the rental car benefits as I wasn't aware of that. They had my truck for three days and I needed it right away. Apart from that, ProtectMyCar works with me. The company is great, dependable and reliable. Join them today.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I had one warranty prior and it just ran out. Then ProtectMyCar got a hold of me and I figured that I’d give them a try. I set it up to automated bill pay and it comes right out. It’s very convenient and affordable with low down payment, low and easy installment payments, and a low deductible. The claim process was easy. The mechanics I brought it to handled everything. They're awesome and they treated me good. Everything was wonderful and great. I’m very happy with everything. I'm a very satisfied customer and I’d definitely recommend them.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. It is true that we have to depend on the shop's estimate of repairs to determine the nature of the breakdown and what is required to repair it properly. Doing the repair properly will keep you from having to go back to the shop after a few days or weeks to have the repair done all over again. Toward this end, we work with the shops on our policyholders behalf to make sure the repair is done right the first time. Remember, the shop warrants their parts and labor as long as the repair is done according to their specifications. That is why it is necessary to complete the repair properly the first time.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I have insurance with ProtectMyCar and I'm not happy with a few things. I had a claim recently where the alternator went out and that was replaced but the harness wasn't. It's directly connected to it. They said that they wouldn't replace it so I told them to put the old harness on and put the alternator. But they wouldn't honor replacing the alternator if I didn't buy the harness which cost $300. They've done a fairly good job other than a few pieces that they didn't want to replace. But they were major pieces that cost me money that I didn't wanna have to spend but I did.

Interactions with the reps were not very good. It feels like they make the decision on the call. I've only had two claims but I tried to go above them to discuss a timing belt not being replaced and they said that they make the decision, no one else, based on what the repair shop, Volkswagen, said. And it didn't make sense that they wouldn't replace a part that was connected to a troubled part or a replacement part. Other than that, they have helped me out a lot with what I had to pay.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We did design the Ambassador policies to save a great deal more money that the policy itself costs.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions.The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere from 25% to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, 24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.
The more you use the benefits, the more you save. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions or ways you can maximize your savings by using the policy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I once submitted a claim online and ProtectMyCar's website worked out pretty good. I had something with the gear box locked up and that was what I didn't understand in the beginning because I was told this was covered. But they gave me a discount on the bill. Then I found out that's how much I've been paying per month. So without the discount, I'm in minus. As for the oil changes, I submitted the expenses and after a while, I got that money back, so that worked out. But still, they haven't really saved me any money.

ProtectMyCar.com

You have no doubt reviewed the policy and have seen that the policy lists each and every covered component. We make it very clear what components are covered and which are not. The reason for this is simple. We want you to know right up front and in writing exactly what is covered with no hidden or confusing terms. Some components are not covered and for a very good reason. If we covered every single component of your vehicle, the cost of the policy could easily be three or four times what you are paying for it. Most people would be unable to afford such coverage. We cover the components that are most likely to break down and for the most part are the costliest to repair.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I looked up a couple of different companies that does the same thing as ProtectMyCar, but they were the best as far as coverage and the amount. I have two policies, one for my Mini Cooper and another for my Tahoe. I haven't used it on my Tahoe. But I went to the dealership and had the work needed to be done to my Mini Cooper. Then the dealership called ProtectMyCar and paid what they paid, then I paid for the deductible. I didn't have to speak with anyone, which was convenient. I'm pleased with it as far as what they paid for. But there are a few other things that I thought was covered but turned out to not be covered. That should be divulged at the beginning. But I guess that's business, so I can't complain too much. Having said that, overall, I'm happy with it.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer. If the rental car benefits were unlimited, it would likely increase the cost of the policy. Most policyholders are most concerned with getting their vehicle repaired right the first time without delay.
We do work closely with the shops but do not control their repair schedules.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

When I tried to make a claim one time through my car dealer, they told me that I couldn’t get a rental. I was a little upset because when I got this warranty, they never explained to me that the labor had to be four hours or more. Had they told me, I would’ve not added it to my warranty because most of the dealers fix cars within two hours. The labor hours of my dealer was only two hours and a half, but they didn’t have the part and they already took my car apart so they stood with my car til the next day. Meanwhile, I’m still stuck without a vehicle because they couldn’t give me the rental. It’s wrong that they calculate it by the hours. If the dealer stood with my car til the next day, even though the labor was two and a half hours, that left me walking til the next day.

ProtectMyCar.com

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I had gotten an extended warranty and then when something was wrong, they gave me excuses like I can’t take it to a Cadillac dealer, I can't do this, I can't do that. So I purchased another warranty once that warranty was up. I went with ProtectMyCar because of the way they were talking and what the dealer said I have with them. A Cadillac is expensive to get fixed more than anything else and they were true with everything they said they were. ProtectmyCar has been honoring everything I had on my car or if something was wrong with it. I've been telling they're a very good warranty place to other coworkers on my job. I love them and I’ll always have them on board if they’re still around.

ProtectMyCar.com

We took a look at the policy history in light of your comment regarding the Roadside Assistance. Roadside Assistance I available 24/7, but we have no record of you calling in to request the help. It is possible you called your insurance carrier instead of Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The first time I submitted a claim for ProtectMyCar was like a little bit far end but after doing it more than once, it became a little bit easier to do. They are more cost-effective and when I read their manual, I liked the terms of their policy. I submit my claims via the dealership. Also ProtectMyCar offers roadside assistance but one time, when I was stranded and got some flat tires on the highway, I needed help and I called them. But I was on the line for a long period of time. I got a response, but nobody really came out to help. They never sent one out and I have never been contacted ever since.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer. We work with you on your billing so you will not have to worry about late fees or being up to date when your vehicle breaks down.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I liked some of the details that ProtectMyCar had in their warranty so I got one from them. I've had one claim through the company that fixed my vehicle and it went great. It didn't take long. The only difficult part is when my payment is due on a Sunday and I can’t get through to anybody to make the payment. And I’m scared that the warranty will be canceled if the payment is late.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We do regret that the tow company we employed to assist you was late in getting to your location. When we did call you to let you know about the delay you let us know you would get the car to the shop on your own and cancelled the tow.
We are very glad that the policy paid for the repair and saved you over $1,100 on this one repair.

Thank you again for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

It's easy to make the payments to ProtectMyCar and they do it on my credit card. But I had a one experience with them that wasn't so good. It was about the towing and I got no help from them. I've called them up and they said they didn't offer to tow the car. There was some stipulation and they couldn't get to where my car was. They said they were going to call me back but they never called me. I wasn't happy about that. It was like a big circus and I ended up getting my car towed through my insurance company.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

My warranty ran out so I looked for somebody else to warranty my car. I tried ProtectMyCar and I've been with them since then. I had some issues with claims submission, though. I sent in a claim for something on my car. They said it wasn't covered so I let them explain why. They came back and said they're going to cover it, and they did the repairs. I asked them to send me a booklet so I know what they did and didn't cover. When I looked at the booklet, I saw they are supposed to cover that part. Somebody got it wrong, but ProtectMyCar did what they were supposed to do.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I hadn't had my car protected since I bought it, so I got into ProtectMyCar in case I needed repairs. I filed a claim for a water pump and once I gave it to my auto mechanic, they dealt with it from there. ProtectMyCar paid all the parts for whatever that was needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Submitting a claim was both good and bad. ProtectMyCar said I didn’t have to pay out any money but I had to pay out almost $2000. They said they were going to pay for the engine and the engine would cost a certain amount. But there were other things that were wrong and the person who fixed it charged me for them. Also, I had to rent to a car because the car was out for over a week. I submitted a claim to get back the reimbursement but I didn’t get it back yet. I got the engine fixed but not totally because I still had to pay out all this money so I wasn’t really totally satisfied with ProtectMyCar.

ProtectMyCar.com Company Profile