Call toll free
3.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans to cover your oil changes, tire rotations, and other regular maintenance expenses and our extended auto warranty plans. Protect My Car offers extended auto warranty plans for vehicle's that are a 2001 or newer, and have up to 150,000 miles, so your vehicle remains covered far beyond your manufacture's warranty plan. Our extended auto warranty plan cover the cost of your mechanical failures, all repairs are covered on our corporate credit card account, so your only out of pocket expense is your $100 deductible. All of our extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down, or runs out of gas. We will also provide a rental car for you for all repairs that will take 4 hours or more to preform.

If your vehicle has more than 150,000 miles on it, do not hesitate to call because you will still qualify for discounted repairs where your saving you an average of 25% per repair, these plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, and rental car coverage. Call today for more information on our Ambassador maintenance plans.

Once you purchase an extended warranty or an Ambassador maintenance plan our Claims Adjustor's will help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Our number one priority is to provide you with the level of coverage you need! Call today for a free no obligation quote.

Our customers set up their contract using our no fee payment plan allowing for small monthly payments to be made for as long as 24 - 36 months making our coverage affordable for everyone. With our no fee payment plan the cost for real coverage is less than $2 per day. Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30 day money back guarantee!

Protect My Car Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2254 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought a car for my niece back in April of 2014 and when she couldn't keep up with the payment in April 2015, a year later, I took the car back from her. So, I noticed then that it is a German car, it’s a 2006, and I needed to have a warranty on that type of car. I always try to find other competitors that gave a better offer. With Protect My Car, I'll pay 50% for repairs and they'll pay the other 50%, and they deal with a facility who does the type of work and takes that type of warranty.

I spoke with their rep on the phone when I had to give them a credit card. So every month, they automatically take the payment from the credit card. It's $90.06. It's for five years, and there are 18 months where I don't have to pay. I filed a claim on the 29th of December last year and they paid 50% of it. The process was good. When I called in, they gave me everything that would be covered under the warranty, and I dealt with a foreign auto body that dealt with the car. Overall, Protect My Car's service was good and I had a good experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I've had Protect My Car service contract for a couple of years. The person I worked with was nice. He went through the whole thing with me and explained the details. When I submitted a claim, I had to call and speak with somebody, then you have to take it to a licensed place to have it done. Then, they need to call and get the approval. And although the claims process took longer than it should’ve cause of the back and forth trying to get all the information, the coverage is good for the price I was paying. I benefited from it. All my friends know about Protect My Car. I told them all about it back when I had it. But the cost has gotten higher and higher. In fact, I paid $50 a month. I called about my same-year car I got now with fewer miles on it. It’s a different car, but they wanted more than double my payment that I was on before. Since it's too high so I can’t do it now.

Protect My Car response

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Having a service contract for my car seemed like a good idea. However, Protect My Car's protection specialist could have explained the contract better because I thought that I had full vehicle coverage. When I was talking to the guy, he said bumper-to-bumper. But then when I went to put in a claim because my motor went out, I find out that they only covered half and I had to get all my brakes redone, the liner and the calipers. Some of Protect My Car's specialists need some more education. I probably wouldn't have gotten the service contract if the rep would have told me that they only covered half. They didn't cover the engine and replacing the seals. That was another 300 and some dollars I had to pay myself. They only covered the engine block.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you had a negative experience with the coverage. For older, high mileage vehicles that cannot find coverage anywhere else, we do offer coverage that reduces repair costs by half. The coverage is fully explained at the time of purchase and s clearly defined in the contract. Customers always have thirty days to review the contact risk free. It is unfortunate that even after all that you still did not fully appreciate the coverage.
We are available to answer questions anytime you have one. Our goal is to provide the best possible coverage at the best possible cost to our customers.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

When the warranty on my car ran out, I figured a service contract would be a good investment. Protect My Car reached out to me at that time and when I signed up with them, my interaction with their vehicle protection specialist went well. I spoke with a representative when I had to file a claim and every time I called, someone was there to respond. They answered all the questions that I had and made it simple for me. Their customer service and the way they handled everything were very good. Protect My Car has different coverage plans and the pricing for what I have appeared reasonable. I probably have the wrong package for what I needed but I have had a good experience with them and they are a good company to work with.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We are very glad you chose Protect My Car. With great rates, towing, maintenance and repairs covered, not to mention rental car reimbursement, it just makes sense to get some protection before you vehicle breaks down and leaves you stranded on the side of road.

Thanks for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I use my vehicle for a business and I need it to be running at all times. I don't have time for it to sit. I googled warranty providers and Protect My Car popped up. The specialist and I had to go back and forth a few times. I had some specific questions and I wanted to make sure the contract covered everything, and they were able to get back with me on everything. I wanted all the mechanicals -- the motor and the transmission -- to be covered, and that's what I got.

I had work done on the vehicle and when I had it done, it was very aggravating. I did not like it all. In the end, I was gonna pay like three-quarters of the cost and Protect My Car was gonna pay a quarter of it, which isn't what I signed up for. It was closer to the full price that I was gonna be paying. In the beginning, I stressed to them that I only use Ford manufactured parts on my vehicle that is a Ford and I don't use aftermarket cheap parts that I'm gonna have to replace again in a year. However, they wanted to sell me the cheaper parts and give me the money for the parts. I went back and forth with them after I got my vehicle. They said that they renegotiated and that I paid my portion of the unnegotiated price. They also said that that was the way they operate. If they can pay half and I pay half, I should pay half of the negotiated price, not the pre-negotiated price.

I wasn't also given a loaner. I was without my vehicle for two weeks while they were going back and trying to figure out which parts they were allowed to use and which parts they weren't allowed to use. I was saying that we are using Ford parts on my truck. They were injectors and glow plugs, and those are very important parts of a diesel truck. I was completely dissatisfied and I would not recommend Protect My Car to anybody, but everything has been said and done and they worked with me in the end and deposited some money back into my account, and paid it to where it was half and half. I had to go through managers to get it done, but they owned up to saying they were wrong.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. So you will know, we only use OEM parts and warrant those parts for 12 months or 12,000 miles. We are very glad the coverage saved you over $1,700 on a $3,400 repair.

Thanks again for your comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a contract with ProtectMyCar because if I have vehicle repairs, I don't want to pay for it out of my pocket. ProtectMyCar took care of me. They'll always do it without having any problem and misunderstanding. They answered all of my questions, and they were upfront with me. They did everything I needed them to do. I filed a claim once and they put a new motor in my truck. Everything went according to plan and schedule. My vehicle wasn't missing long.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I like Protect My Car's coverages and when I needed the warranty, they helped me out. They covered whatever I needed according to the terms and conditions of the policy. I filed a claim one time and they came out with their own payment. Everything was good.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policy holders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises. What will never change is our willingness to go the extra mile to help you when you need it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I activated a new credit card and during the activation, the promotion from Protect My Car came up and they transferred me. I talked to their rep and it seemed very convenient at the time. I was convinced easily and I took advantage of it. It turned out to be very good for me. The rep I talked to was very professional and everything was in order. Then, five months after the purchase of the program, my transmission failed. I called Protect My Car service and told me to take it to the dealer. I went there and they dealt with it. Everything with Protect My car was on time and if there were issues, they would always return my calls. They are very reliable, so I don’t have to worry about anything. If the car broke down, they have a towing service available. It’s a pretty amazing experience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. One reason we have had so much success is just what you mentioned. We treat each customer as an individual with individual needs. We know that one size does not fit all. Working with each person to get the right coverage at the right cost and get the repairs done with no hassle really helps give folks good peace of mind.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. Glad to have you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My car is a 2009 Cadillac and parts are fairly expensive and having help with the maintenance cost like that is a luxury for a luxury. Protect My Car was the first one that popped up on Google at that time when I was searching and decided to go with them. I filed a claim for my transmission and the mechanic told them that it could’ve been due to the radiator or the flood but because he mentioned flood, Protect My Car didn’t cover it. I had to pay $3,000 by myself.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that we were unable to approve your claim. We can only go by what the shop you chose to use reports to us. Since the coverage is for mechanical breakdown,and does not cover damage due to accidents, floods or other external events, we had to deny that claim.
While it is always important to us to help as much as we can, we do recognise our responsibility to all contract holders.

Thank you again for your comments.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I spoke with someone from Protect My Car over the phone. It was a good sales pitch and it worked out well. They were very professional at that time. However, nothing that was advertised actually really happened. If they went by the things that were prompt and what they have in writing, then they would be a great company. I had a repair done, but doing that, I had to do something to get them to honor their deal. And for one, I had one of their representatives, who told me that my car was down and that I should take it to the shop and have them assess it. I did exactly that. The shop called Protect My Car, and they worked out the deal and they fixed my car.

Once the car was fixed, it was time to pay. Protect My Car was telling me that they didn’t okay it, and I should have called in first. So I called the Better Business Bureau to help me out because I couldn't get Protect My Car to honor their quote. I tried to stick it out with them after that for a while, and there were other few things that upset me with them. The guy I spoke with over the phone quoted me so many different things. And then when it was time to do the repair, it was something totally different.

They never gave me the actual thing that I needed to know. I asked them to send me my cancellation papers so I can get that done and over with. And a few months after that, they kept calling me, telling me my payments were late. It was just too much of a mix-up. Also, there was one time when I did an oil change. The first time I did an oil change, we had some complications with it. The second time, it was okay. But it was never an easy transaction with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to once again explain the repair coverage that occured on your claim. As you know, mechanical repair contracts handle breakdowns that occur after a contract is issued. No contract, no matter who issues it, will help with a pre-existing condition. Since your transmission was broken down at the time you go the coverage, we could have refused to approve the claim. However, we did help with the cost of the repair, saving you at least 50% of that cost. Not many companies would have gone that extra mile.
We are glad that the BBB and, hopefully, you understood that fact.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My warranty was expiring. My dad researched and he set the whole family up with Protect My Car. Last February, I filed a claim for the transmission and took the vehicle to a shop. My experience had been decent although I’m not planning on keeping this car much longer. Protect My Car's coverage was good for what it was worth but the issues that I’m having are not covered. Nonetheless, I have recommended them.

Protect My Car response
If you are having any problems with your vehicle, please call us so we can assist you. That is what the policy is for. It clearly lists each and every component covered and we are sure you will agree that list is very extensive.
Please do not wait to get help if you need it. If there is anything else you have a question about, please call. We will, as we have on many occasions in the past, give you straight up answers to assist you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I didn’t have a car warranty. My son got Protect My Car warranty first so I went on and got one too. My interaction with the rep went really well. We did everything over the phone and he answered everything. And then, I had problems with my car. I took it in and got it fixed. The mechanic called in Protect My Car and took care of it, and everything went smooth sailing. After I got the car fixed, I got rid of it. I would highly recommend Protect My Car. You pay half and they pay half so you can't go wrong. Protect My Car is good to go with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My car had a lot of miles on it. Protect My Car gave me a bargain for my warranty and negotiated with us. We also tried CarShield, but they were too expensive and didn’t even wanna bargain with the deposit and the monthly payment. My husband and I are both disabled and on a set income. I let Protect My Car know and they helped me out with the price. I was offered one plan, but I thought that it was too much and couldn’t afford it. The rep kept negotiating until he found something I could afford. Plus, he was nice on the phone and respectful. When I got my other vehicle, I went back to them and also put it up there.

The warranties cost a lot but Protect My Car honors them. They fix everything that is wrong with my car. With how much stuff cost to fix on a vehicle nowadays, any help is good. I had gotten $8,000 worth of repair work done on my other vehicle. I only paid $3,000 and Protect My Car paid the rest. I had also gotten my oil changed with both vehicles. I already got two free oil changes for my vehicle that was already up there. The other one got one free oil change.

Protect My Car response
By the way, if you know friends or family who might benefit from a policy, please tell them about us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I had a van, and I had the oil changed, then within two or three hours, my engine was blown. I couldn’t afford to have the engine replaced or find another motor that didn’t have as many or more miles than what my van’s motor had. So upon getting another car, I thought I wasn’t gonna have this happen again and I will be protected. And due to the age of my car, I knew that somewhere down the road I was gonna be having trouble. I got coverage with Protect My Car seeing that the price was reasonable and because it was very easy to connect with them.

Whenever I need to file a claim, I take my car into the dealer and he does it. And I never had to do any follow-up. The dealer makes the call and tells them what was wrong with the car. Protect My Car will tell him how much will be covered and then I will make a decision on whether I can cover my part. Though Protect My Car works a little slow, I’ve been lucky because the car dealer has been very patient in getting me a loaner. So, all of that time that I would’ve been without a car, I have a loaner, so I haven’t missed a beat. I’ve been really lucky as well with the service that Protect My Car provides. They have done pretty much what they said they would do and it has been exceptional.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and giving us such a wonderful rating. We really appreciate it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Protect My Car's product seemed like a good deal and that was why I took it. Since then, they've helped me a lot. I filed a claim to get my oil changed and when I had to rebuild my transmission. They say what they’re gonna do and they’ve been telling me where to take it and to do what I needed to do. They did the transmission in my car close to a year now and it was a good deal. They paid half for it. It was like $3,000 and I paid half of it so everything’s good so far. But I had a bad experience about two weeks ago. I brought my car to one of the places I took it to before and the lady told me not to bring my car back there anymore. But I don’t know what was the big deal with them when she had to call Protect My Car and get the job authorized. It was probably the wait, like she had to call to change my part and they had her on hold for a long queue. She couldn't business with me anymore. It was just something she said.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad we were able to help so much with the cost of your recent repair.
Unfortunately, some shops tend to charge more than is necessary for some repairs. When we call them on that practice, they tend to take it out on the customer. That may be why they don't want your business anymore. That may not be a bad thing.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We will be here to help the next time you need us.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I got a service contract with Protect My Car for my then 11 year old car, with less than 50,000 miles on it, and my experience with the company has been excellent. I decided to do it because it was cancellable. Two months later, I had a major claim. I took the car to my BMW dealer and the mechanic had never heard of the company. Protect My Car then called, authorized the claim and paid. The dealer said they're one of the easiest warranty companies they've ever dealt with. Two months later, I had a second claim, and they did the same. So, I've been very happy. Their rep was excellent. What he described was exactly what I got. They've also done a free oil change and even did it at BMW cost which is part of what they warranty. And given the low mileage, we’re to do it once a year. The quality of service that we got was top rating.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for those thoughts. It means a lot to us to know our hard work pays off. Thanks for the five stars and the great review. We appreciate your choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Tried to get reimbursement for the rental car. Did not get anything. They first said that I have to call them and I have to pay upfront for the car rental to get reimbursement. After I called back they said, "Cant do it. You have to call us earlier." Similar instances happen with other claims as well. Not very happy with the services. They always try to find something where they can avoid paying us. And I don't have any guidelines where I could find for which I am allowed to get paid or not.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them.
We do regret that we were unable to reimburse you for the rental car. To be fair to all our customers, we do ask that your premium payments be up to date in order to have a claim approved. Although we did offer several solutions, even reducing the monthly premium costs, we regret that you were unable to continue the coverage.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Vehicle maintenance is expensive whereas with Protect My Car, I pay $67 for the platinum policy. You can't beat that. It is very good coverage too. In fact, I gave my supervisor the number for her to try to get a policy as well. Submitting claims with Protect My Car is also an easy process. I just put it to documentation and they do the rest.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We have a 20-year-old truck with Protect My Car that I didn't wanna get rid of. When the engine went, we put the new engine in except that we weren’t expecting that after we bought the new engine, the transmission would go out in six months. The only bad experience with Protect My Car was the extended time spent on the phone. We called that claim in but a wrecker had to pick the truck up and there was a delay. The wrecker guy had a business to run and he was having to wait on getting approval to pick it up. The auto shop was also having trouble getting a hold of people and getting stuff verified. But everybody was nice.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We do tailor make the coverage to accommodate older vehicles with high mileage that simply cannot get coverage elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

As a service they are good, the customer service is good except for the fact they don't like it when I tried to cancel my policy. I told them I did not have a job and they still tried to get me to stay. They don't care if you have the money and it is very frustrating to deal with that. And they made me feel bad about it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you felt it was difficult to cancel the coverage. We know from the thousands of customers who have the same issue you did that giving up coverage when you have financial issues an make them worse when your vehicle breaks down. That's why we offer so much help to folks who are in that situation.

We do thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We look forward to helping you again when things get better for you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Our vehicle was coming over about 200,000 miles at the time and I needed to have some protection. Protect My Car presented themselves in a good manner. The vehicle protection specialist did a good job. He told me that what they would do is negotiate with the mechanic over what the costs were, and then they would pay what they felt would be a fair and reasonable amount. The cost from the repairs would come down for half of what I would pay without the service and that was enough of a sale for me because my car now has 282,000 miles.

I've had the experience of utilizing their services and it worked. When there was a slight delay in sending the money to the mechanic, I spoke to their customer service rep. The interaction went well and they got it done by the end of that business day. There are new things that have decided to stop working at 282,000 miles. It started to develop little electrical glitches and I'm planning to use it again soon. The warranty is a good program and I don't mind the $54 a month. Protect My Car serves me well and I've had good experience with them. I'm a satisfied customer at this point and I'd recommend it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your review and your comments. We are one of the very few companies that are willing to help customers with older, high mileage vehicles. You just can't beat the service, benefits and the low cost even if you vehicle has more than 200,000 miles on it.

Thank you again for the comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I did not have any coverage on my car. I googled some car warranty places and ProtectMyCar was one of those that came up. There was something with the engine of my car so I filed a claim with them and the process wasn't difficult at all. The quality of service was okay but I expected a little more.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My truck is getting older and I found Protect My Car and listened to what they offered. They fit what I needed and everybody there was professional and efficient. I had one repair done while I had the coverage and it was easy. They told me the choices of where I could take the vehicle and I took it to one of the places and didn’t have to deal with any of it. I just turned it over to the garage and they handled it through the garage. It worked out well for me. It was a $4,000 repair, so being able to split it with somebody was awesome. It was a good deal. It’s almost like having a rich dad who’s gonna help you out if things go wrong.

It would’ve been nicer to have a higher coverage than 50% but understandably so. I had a good experience. In fact, I have recommended them to a couple of people. Protect My Car is an awesome security, especially when you have a family, you’re on a paycheck-to-paycheck status and unexpected costs come up. If you can afford that $100 a month, it’s definitely worth it in the long run if something big goes wrong.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. They really make a lot of sense. Your comments echo what we firmly believe.

Thanks again for your comments and for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Having an extended service contract for a vehicle is necessary so I got Protect My Car. So far, the service has been good. Filing a claim with them was easy and I like their quality of service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Since I only run vehicles that are over 10 years old, not too many people would provide extended warranty. A lot of other companies wouldn’t touch that. But Protect My Car's package was nice. Their rep was really nice. He understood that I run older vehicles because it’s mostly cost-effective for a farming business that I’m in. And it seems like so many people want nothing to do with the vehicles as soon as they get to be five or 10 years old.

However, it didn’t exactly work out the way that I thought it would’ve. When I did a claim for my truck, they asked my shop to have a higher rate than what their actual rate is, which was really odd. And even the markup on the parts was way higher than what the normally marked-up parts. So, I ended up paying more out of my pocket than what it would cost me to have the shop do it for me and that really wasn’t a good deal on my part. I just decided to part ways with them and just keep some things the way I normally do it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your providing them. Just to clear up your question, we are happy to approve upgraded parts upon the customer's request. All we ask is that the customer pay the difference in that cost. That's why the final invoice was higher than the shops original estimate that included only the standard parts.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

ProtectMyCar contacted me and at that time, I needed help in fixing my car so I said, “Yes.” Their reps were knowledgeable and when I submitted a claim to them, the process went really quickly. Once I got the car to the shop, they processed it within two days. I had to contact them a couple of times with a roadside assistance and with fixing my engine. I needed an engine replacement and they paid a certain amount and I paid a certain amount. It was a big amount but I understood.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repairs and road side assistance and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Getting a warranty from Protect My Car was a good deal. Their rep did a good sale. I filed a claim for my sensors and the process went fine. However, I had an additional problem with my car, and I didn’t use my warranty because it was a little bit too difficult to use it. I didn’t know what the problem was with my vehicle, and it took a while for them to determine what it was. They ended up changing all my sensors in my vehicle, and I ended up paying for it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We were surprised that you chose not to have the shop you used file a claim for the second repair. The first repair saved you over $1,600 (more than twice the premiums paid on the coverage).

In any event, thank you for choosing Protect My Car. We look forward to helping you again when you need the help.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Rude, terrible sales people. When they called and I politely informed the slow talking gabbing salesman that I needed to leave for work in a few minutes and I rather do this online, he hung up on me. When I filled out the form for info, I really did not want a phone call in the first place.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We regret that we inconvenienced you with the phone call you requested. Once you let the agent know that you had no interest in pursuing your request, he ended the call. We apologize if you felt he did so abruptly.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had one outfit that I had insurance on and when my car went down, the mechanic was gonna put in a Guarantee motor that was rebuilt and had the warranties. If it ever broke down, Protect My Car would be responsible for the rest of whatever happened to the engine. They would take care of it, but no more money was coming out of my pocket. Their mechanic talked to them and they said it was a go, and I paid out $3,500. The mechanic called me and said that Protect My Car didn't wanna pay for a rebuilt motor and that they wanted to send me a used motor.

I said that I already gave them 3,500 and they were supposed to pay the other 3,500. He said that he can get me a motor there and I could drop in my car for $1,500. So, out of the 3,500 that I gave Protect My Car, they were gonna keep the rest. They were gonna pocket the money and give me a used motor that would have gone out in a few months or a year, then I would have to go through the same thing again. When I found that out, I canceled it and I had to go round and round to get my money back.

I called the state attorney in Arizona and had them talk to Protect My Car and they sent me my money back real quick. I was very dissatisfied with Protect My Car and I don't wanna deal with any of that company anymore. I also have the documents where I was on there for about a year and I had that canceled too. They said that I could cancel within 90 days. I was with them for less than 60 days, but they never refunded me and I lost my money that I put in and a couple of months that they should have sent me the check back or put the money back in my card. I should have read that before when I got the contract with them. I've read the BBB comments and there are more people out there that got it worse than I did. They didn't get their money back, but at least I got mine.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments.
As you may recall, the shop you chose to use wanted to use a used rebuilt motor of their choosing rather than the one we were able to provide. Since you decided to use the shops motor, we refunded the payment that same day to your account.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Protect My Car has good customer service. They listen to everything you've got to say. A few months after I took the warranty and made the payments, my car broke down and the problem I had was I was always on the highway when that happened. I needed a ride after my vehicle broke down and Protect My Car said they were sending tow people. But they left me out there on the side of the road for hours in the wintertime blizzard.

It would be Christmas season and you're going to visit relatives. If you car breaks down, you have to get one of Protect My Car's tow people, only their tow people, and it's gonna take hours. You'll be out there four hours. Then not only that, but you also have to come up with the money to get your car fixed. They were saying that I had to put up the money first for the mechanic work. I had to send them the money then they would put up the rest. It was different than what the contract was saying. It's also nothing like the rest of the places that are doing it. They cover 100% of everything. Protect My Car only covers half. Go to a different company.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. w do regret that it was not possible in a blizzard to get a tow truck out to you any faster. They are subject to those same conditions and it unfortunately took longer than we would have liked to get service to you.
We appreciate your being a customer and we hope that when you compare the benefits and cost of this coverage you'll understand how truly remarkable this coverage is compared to any other plan.

Protect My Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Three levels of coverage available: Driveline, Select and Supreme. Most models of cars are accepted. Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind.

• Flexible payment terms: Protect My Car offers long and flexible payment terms, ranging from 36 to 48 months, to make your monthly payment as affordable as possible with no hidden fees.

• Available all over the U.S. and Canada with Trip Interruption: Use your Protect My Car policy anywhere in North America. If you breakdown more than 100 Miles away from home you’ll be reimbursed for lodging and meals.

• Roadside assistance: Protect My Car includes 24/7 roadside assistance with their extended warranties. Their roadside assistance program includes towing, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service and jumpstarts. Customers can also get a rental car while their car is being repaired in the shop.

• Money back guarantee: Protect My Car offers a 30-day money back guarantee so customers can review their coverage for a full 30 days and ensure they are 100 percent satisfied with their purchase. If they are not, Protect My Car will issue a hassle-free refund.

• Policies for all drivers: Protect My Car offers plans for all drivers no matter how many miles you have put on your vehicle. Enjoy full coverage, comprehensive coverage or enhanced powertrain coverages.

• Best for: Used car owners, new car owners, busy parents and high mileage drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Protect My Car Company Information