toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: March 9, 2017

My experience when submitting a claim with ProtectMyCar was nice and easy. When the engine light came on, I called them and their rep took care of the rest. I sent the car to the repair shop and they told me how to get it fixed. They fixed my car and it was a good experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. With just a $100 deductible it really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs.
The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Every time I had an incident, ProtectMyCar reps were very nice and their claims process was very good. So far, I'm very satisfied with them. I had an excellent experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I've been using ProtectMyCar for about eight months and they seem to have a really good service. They're doing a little engine work on my car and everything's good. I will recommend them to a friend.

ProtectMyCar.com

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I like ProtectMyCar.com. Their reps were very pleasant and their claim process was great. Everything went smoothly.

ProtectMyCar.com

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I’m very happy with ProtectMyCar and the setup was a little bit more reasonable over other auto warranty providers. I submitted claims several times and it was very easy, even for the mechanic himself and the company. The claims representative and I have a nice relationship. Everybody was so very kind and nice and customer service was excellent. Everything was wonderful. The money went through very well and the mechanic was very pleased with it. It's just 5 minutes and that was it. He was paid.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do everything we can to make the premiums comfortable on your budget. Rest assured we will be here for you when you need us. Given the high cost of repairs, it just makes sende to protect yourself against these costs as much as possible.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 25, 2017

The person I bought my car from didn’t get a warranty so I went snooping around to see what warranty place I could find that fit into my budget. I ended up with ProtectMyCar. I submit my claim to them over the phone and for the recent one I filed, it pretty much covered what I needed to be covered. Making payments for purchasing the warranty has been tough, though. The way that some of the jobs are, some days you don’t make enough money ‘cause your hours are cut down in half. Otherwise, my overall experience with ProtectMyCar has not been too bad although there are things that could be better like the price could be changed a little bit. They could also have a way to make payments that cover all of your balance instead of doing a half payment to get your car fixed 'cause sometimes it's hard for people to do.

ProtectMyCar.com

Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. It really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs. The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Original review: March 24, 2017

My friend told me about ProtectMyCar. I googled “extended warranty” and they were the first to pop up. Submitting a claim with them was not a bad experience. It just takes a couple of days. I gave the card for the warranty to my mechanic and he contacted them to make the claim. After that, I needed to call them to confirm that I want to have my car fixed and they told me how much money I would have to pay. I gave them the authorization to take the money from my credit card, because they only take 50%, so the other 50% they needed to take from my credit card.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to respond. Your policy guarantees savings of a minimum of 25% of the original estimate of the repair cost. Your transmission repair wsa estimated to be $743.68. We saved you 25% of that amount, $ 185.92. leaving your balance of $ 557.76. In order to get these savings, we guarantee the shop payment in full upon completion of the repair. That is why you made you payment to us and we made one payment in full to the shop the same day we received the final invoice. This also helps protect you against "upcharges" that the shop may charge if you were to pay your share directly to the shop.
We are glad to have saved you this amount on just this one repair.
Please do not hesitate to call us anytime you have a question or if there is any way we can assist you.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I wanted to find out more about ProtectMyCar so I went with them. I have them call the repair shop and they gave ProtectMyCar an estimate. Submitting the claim was an easy process and everything else was nice until the payment time came. Instead of me paying the repair shop my half, what I ended up doing is paying it up with ProtectMyCar and they paid the repair shop. This caused a confusion with me and the repair shop because I paid, but for some reason they didn’t get the payment. I’m paying $41 a month and they only cover 10% which I think should be a little bit more. I bought the transmission and had them put it in but I still ended up paying them. I could've just paid out cash. But other than that, everything was smooth. Them calling me and letting me know everything was smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine who has been with ProtectMyCar told me about them. Then I decided to go with them too. They told me that when I was ready to get something done, I should call them, and that's what I did when I had a claim. They helped me out, were knowledgeable and friendly. So far, I'm satisfied with them.

ProtectMyCar.com

We were happy to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you again when you need us.

Original review: March 22, 2017

The claim process was simple. I just called someone and I went to the Meineke. They talked about it, and then I had to take some verification number to Meineke, and Meineke already had all the information. The price was very affordable. The only issue I ran into was when I didn't update ProtectMyCar with my new card, which was my fault.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyCar.com?

ProtectMyCar.com

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had a car for many years and needed it covered. I went with ProtectMyCar and it's been good with them. I submitted a claim with them three months ago, where I took my car to the dealer who then did all the paperwork for me.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for those great comments. We really appreciate them. \We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle.

Thanks again for you terrific comments.

Original review: March 21, 2017

ProtectMyCar has been great. I went with them because it was only $39 a month. Each time I would have to get my oil changed, I would call them and tell them I was going and they would send the place an invoice and that was that. It was really easy. Also, their reps are very nice, friendly and helpful.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We completely understand the frustration. The feeedback from the shop was not the best but we were able to get them to take another look at the transmission to determine what additional work needs to be done.
Shops do sometimes make mistakes and repairs are no completed properly. Rest assuered we will continue on you behalf. We, and you,want to make sure the repair is completed properly.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I spoke to the representatives of ProtectMyCar and they sounded good and that they supported the military so I got a warranty for my vehicle. Submitting the claim was easy but actually getting the follow-through on the other end of it has been very difficult for me. Getting the feedback of the repair shop took a lot of back-and-forth between them and the shop. It took a lot of time that I was out of my vehicle and then my vehicle wasn't repaired properly.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your comment. It is nice to know that when you do have a problem with your vehicle that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind.

Thanks again for your comment. We appreciate it very much.

Original review: March 20, 2017

ProtectMyCar chose to cover me. I’ve been with them for a while and I don’t have any issues with them.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We are glad we were able to make the premiums comfortable on your budget. Rest assured we will be here for you when you need us.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I'm 80 and I need all the help I can get because I only get Social Security. Trying to live out of that and take care of my car is difficult. ProtectMyCar is a good thing. To submit a claim, first, I have to find someone who's gonna repair my car, then contact ProtectMyCar and find out how much they can get the part for, and then they decide on what the cost of the repair should be.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We are glad we were able to resolve the issues you had with the repair shop and help you with your repairs. As always, of course, please do not hesitate to call us if you need any help understanding the coverage specified in your policy. We are here to help and make sure your experience with Protect My Car.com is a positive one.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to hearing from you any time you have any questions.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I took my car for an oil change and it's free for three a year. I was at a Ford dealership and I have to call ProtectMyCar first when I need work on it. The guy goes on hold for like 25 minutes trying to get authorization. And then when it was all done, it took him another 45 minutes on hold just to get it paid for. And the shops don’t even like dealing with ProtectMyCar at all. ProtectMyCar say that they have a relationship with Pep Boys. When I go to Pep Boys, the first time I took my car in, they didn’t even know anything about them.

I got charged by Pep Boys and they won’t let me have my car until I could give them the whole $800 and something. I did that and ProtectMyCar paid me back what they owed me. That was all fine but it was time-consuming and seemed to be more of a pain in the butt than anything else. They slashed 25% off even though I can even get more up to 50%. Then not being able to cover catalytic converters is crazy because the car will not move without it. I was doing 28 miles an hour top speed before I had taken care of. But the claims rep was professional. He got right to the point that they don’t cover emission components so I paid $775 real quick.

ProtectMyCar sounded like a good company. Whenever I deal with them and have a problem, they’re very nice. It just takes a while. Making payments was very easy. I authorize them to take it out automatically. But for the technicians, it’s hard for them to get ahold of ProtectMyCar on the phone in the heat of the moment. They have 10 different phone numbers, so they’re nationwide. They should have better phone etiquette for the service shops. They should be available during the day when the shops are open, so no reason to hang and wait to contact them on the phone.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to clear up your questions. It is true that we are not tied to any dealership. We are able to help policyholders nationwide. That means you get to select the certified shop or dealership that you choose. You are not required to go to any specific shop or dealership to get protection on your repair costs. It is this flexability that means so much to our policyholders.

Thanks again for your comments. If you have nay questions. please let us know.

Original review: March 19, 2017

Submitting a claim to ProtectMyCar is weird because I've had warranty before on another car and it's hooked up with the dealer but ProtectMyCar is not. They're the party personnel, which is silly, although they explained to me that their people in the past got more than they needed. But they will not take my car into the shop. I have to call them and tell them that I've taken my car into the shop, and then the dealership that takes the car will call ProtectMyCar, and then they go from there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Every month, I make a $30 payment out of my check to ProtectMyCar and I’m supposed to have the whole package. However, I didn't know how to submit a claim to them. We didn't know that we had to call them before the shop does the work. I had the shop call them but they didn't call until after they were done fixing the car. And so, ProtectMyCar wasn't able to pay out anything on my claim. Now I know that once I take the car to the shop, I must have them call ProtectMyCar right away.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
We apologize for the transfers when you call. Calling in on the general information line helps get you to the right person to help you. You may, of course, call directly to the department that you know you need to speak to and avoid the transfers. Those numbers are included in your policy booklet for your convenience.

Original review: March 19, 2017

ProtectMyCar is a good company that definitely benefits its consumers. I read some of the reviews and their reviews seemed good, so I went with them. I submitted multiple claims with them and did it on the phone. It goes very well, and I just give my claim number to whoever is doing the work. Trying to get a hold of ProtectMyCar is sometimes problematic. There are a lot of transfers and I go to at least a circle of five people. They send me somewhere and back to the initial ProtectMyCar and then to the claims people. Then, the claims people send me back somewhere again. These are brief transfers, though.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: March 18, 2017

So far, my experience with ProtectMyCar has been good. I compared ProtectMyCar with other companies and they weren't the most expensive, but they covered more things so I went with them. I have two claims with them, so far. They helped me out one time with locking my keys in the car. And then they helped me out twice again with my mechanic. The mechanic called them and I had some stuff repaired.

As for the payments, I don't wait for them to send me the statement each time because it never comes on time. So, I proactively pay because I want to make sure that if I need a repair, I won't have a problem making sure that it gets paid for. When they send you a coupon, then they'll charge an extra $5 and something. I don't need the extra charge because I'm paying them a month enough already. So, I send it ahead of time. Everything is cool.

ProtectMyCar.com

Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. With the high cost of repairs it really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs.
The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I had just bought a 2006 RX-8. I can't get a regular warranty unless I get an extended warranty and ProtectMyCar was the only company that offered an extended warranty for my car because it's over 100 something miles. So I decided to go with ProtectMyCar and it's been working out well for me. They've already paid for some maintenance for me. When I had a claim, I went to my mechanic and told him I got the warranty. Then the mechanic called and ProtectMyCar did the whole thing with the mechanic and all I did was pay my portion of it. So far, they've been good on my car's warranty by handling the claim I needed. I would refer them to a friend.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I bought a 2011 Ford F-250. It was a couple of years old and was a showroom truck but it was new. I had about 70,000 at that time and so I was asking a co-worker and he said he and his wife had used ProtectMyCar on one of their vehicles. Then I did some research online and they called me back within a couple of days. And then I’ve been receiving phone calls up to almost seven months later. They were just now getting to it.

We bought three ProtectMyCar packages on three different vehicles. One for my new truck, one for my mom’s vehicle and then another one for my fiancée’s vehicle. My mom and my fiancée had not used them though but they’ve been good to me, so far. They wouldn’t cover some issues but my insurance covered that. Unfortunately, I had a sensor that went out and ProtectMyCar covered it. I had to pay $100 deductible. But my mirrors quit working and they said they wouldn’t cover those which was the only disappointing part about it. They said if the switch went out, they’d have covered the switches. But when I originally talked to their rep, he said it covers the starter, the whole drive train and any electrical. I asked him, “Even the mirrors?” “Oh, yeah, the mirrors are covered.” But they wouldn’t cover them. So, I had to pay out of pocket for the mirrors which were expensive.

My truck’s currently in the shop getting a brand new motor because there’s some malfunction but it’s already paid for through the insurance with some other stuff. So, as soon as I get down to the shop, I'll trade the truck in and then I’m going to go to a different place that covers mirrors and stuff. It’s an $80,000 truck and I paid around $5,000 for extension warranty and it wouldn’t even cover a mirror. But the claim that they did cover went smooth. The technicians called ProtectMyCar, and they came out and looked at it, and said it’s a warranty issue. The technicians put the Ford OEM part on it. I went in, paid my deductible and got the truck.

Original review: March 17, 2017

ProtectMyCar happened to be the second auto warranty provider I got a hold of as the first one I got, the price was too high. I've submitted a claim with them over the phone and it was fairly simple. The claim rep was very mindful of my situation. He spoke very kindly, and was very empathetic in regards to what was going on with my car. He guided us very clearly and precisely to what we needed to accomplish to make sure that everything went well. It was very prompt and the only slowdown was on my behalf because I had to get the money together. It was great to deal with ProtectMyCar. I've already recommended them to a friend.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. First of all, thank you for having been a valued policyholder since September, 2016.
Your policy does help with the repairs to your cooling system components. Hoses, however, even those attached to the cooling system, are wear and tear items and no policy covers those. Wear and tear items, like hoses, tires and gaskets do wear out over time and have to be replaced. Policies are intended to cover the breakdown of components in your vehicle.
Having said that, we were happy to help you with the repair cost you paid out of pocket by discounting you premiums $400.
Since you have had the policy it has saved you over $900 in costs for maintenance and repairs. Thats over twice the premiums you have paid in. We hope that after reflection you sill see how valuable this coverage has been to you and will be in the future.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you still have questions or if there is anything we can do to help you.

Thansk again for your comments.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The last time I paid the $122, ProtectMyCar told me that they're going to cover the maintenance of my cooling system. But then, they turned around and told me they don't cover the hose. So, I had $485 come off my pocket to get that part fixed. I'm regularly paying $60+ every month but I can't get help because their rep tells me it has to cover the cooling system in itself. But that's part of the cooling system. I felt like they didn't do me right on that. I felt like they should've at least paid half of that bill for me. But I had to pay the whole $485. Plus, I paid the $122 to him to get caught up.

They should tell me upfront instead of waiting until I pay my money and I didn't appreciate that. That made me feel so bad. I know I’m owing for this month but hadn't paid yet because I was trying to decide whether or not I'm going to stay because I didn't like the way that was played out. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied. I was telling the people about it and I was going to recommend people to them. But after this last experience that I had, there ain't no way I would recommend anybody. I'm thinking about trying to find another warranty company to deal with.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We were very surprised at them but do appreciate your providing those comments. Since your vehicle had well over 174,000 miles on it at the time you got the policy it qualified for the Ambassador Elite policy. As was explained, and as provided in the policy you have had for over four months, it reduces the cost of repairs by 50% of the original estimate. On this one engine repair you saved over $1,300, compared to only $400 in premiums paid over the four months that you had the policy. Not a bad return by any means.
Our Ambassador series of policies was created specifically for vehicle owners whose vehicles do not qualify for standard extended breakdown coverage, either because of excessive age or miles, or because of pre-existing conditions. The Ambassador family of policies is less expensive than a standard extended warranty and therefore appeal to those on a limited budget.
Ambassador policies provide a wide variety of important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere up to 45% of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, 24 /7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Upon reflection we are sure you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage. Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: March 16, 2017

ProtectMyCar called me and I was able to talk to them. Actually, I got them confused but that's who I ended up going with. They talked to me and I thought they explained the program. I thought what I had signed up for, according to the radio ad, "get the warranty and not worry about the cost again". But when I had a claim, they told I only get half the cost because that was the plan that I got. They should be honest and upfront with what type of program you're getting and what you're paying for. They told me it was in the brochure they sent me but it has nothing to do with that, it's what I signed up for. You listen to the commercials and it says to not worry about expensive car repairs again. For the cost of the warranty, there's no way I would have signed up for that. $4,000 or $3,000 for the warranty and then I'm gonna pay half my cost? It wasn't worth it. But, they set up payments pretty easy.

Also, it's been two months and I'm still waiting to get my car. But it's not all totally their fault. I didn't have the half of the money, because I wasn't planning on having to come up with $1,300 so, part of it was my fault. When I got the money, I sent them the check and they were having a hard time with my mechanic. He's a foreigner and didn't understand them. I've been with him for about 10 years and I don't have any problems. But apparently, he did not understand the process and they've been going back and forth. Then, they put the motor in but it was no good, which isn't their fault either. So now, we're waiting on another motor. If I didn't have the expense of paying for the warranty, my mechanic would have just made arrangements for me like he's done in the past. It's just not been a good experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to them.
Your policy reduces repair costs on mechanical breakdowns. During the first 15 days of the policy, the savings are guaranteed to be 25% of the repair costs. After the first 15 days the savings are guaranteed to be 50% of the original repair estimate. The policy also pays for oil changes and tire rotations, towing, rental car benefits and 24/7 Roadside assistance.
The policy helps with mechanical breakdowns, not wear and tear items such as brake pads, replacing worn tires and the like.
If you have any questions. please do not hesitate to call us. We are always happy to help.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The first claim was difficult to process. It took over three hours and I didn't like the percentage that they took off which was only 25%. It may have a lot to do with being a new member. With the second claim, I got 50% and it went by a little smoothly. However, ProtectMyCar only does repairs on broken pieces or anything that needs to be fixed based on the distributor or transmission or a motor mount. They don’t fix things like a break pad. And I don't know how much is the monthly payment based on the approving process that ProtectMyCar has.

Original review: March 15, 2017

ProtectMyCar has real good customer service and every time I spoke with someone they're always friendly and courteous. I decided to call them because of my car and they said they had a good deal as far as warranty on the cars. They work pretty good with me and submitting a claim has been pretty easy. I call with the information they need for what was wrong with my car. Once I submitted everything and they got my claim rolling, they would just be waiting on me to make my payment for my car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ProtectMyCar had good things to provide for the insurance. Their representatives were very nice and attentive. Also, they were very helpful when I was submitting a claim over the phone. It wasn't hard to get in touch with anybody. Moreover, I've used their 24/7 roadside assistance and they had someone out in 45 minutes. They were there for whatever I needed.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.
We are very happy to have helped you so much with the recent repair. For your protection we issue payments promplty upon receipt of the final invoice and after making sure the repair was handled in a satisfactory manner.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I had an extended warranty with another company prior and it ran out. ProtectMyCar called me and the dollar amount was a little less than what I had paid previously so, I went ahead and purchased the insurance. It was easy getting it. They told me what it was gonna be and I submitted my credit card for it. So far, I've only used them once. We submitted the claim through the dealership and they called it in. I've paid the deductible that was required then, I got a call from the dealership that they hadn't been paid yet. I contacted ProtectMyCar and they let me know when it was gonna be paid. The dealership notified me when they received the payment which was a couple of days later but it I don't think the delay was a big issue. Other than that, it was a very positive experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

It is true that some repairs by their nature can be more time consuming. It is important to get the repair right the first time. We appreciate your patience while we made sure the transmission repair was completed correctly.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I got a call from Protect My Car and they gave me the better deal. When I needed a claim like when I had to have my transmission rebuilt on my Durango, I brought it to the garage I needed to and they called and started a claim with the warranty company. The claim was done over the phone. The process was a little slow, though. My vehicle would have been ready a whole lot sooner but we were dealing with the warranty company. They had to go at their pace and not at that of the garage's pace, so instead of having the car on Wednesday, I almost couldn't get it until the following Monday.

The garage had the car for seven days. In the end, Protect My Car paid 25% of the cost. Other than the slowness, they were fine. Making payments was fine too, although my bank was broke so they didn't get their payment 'til the next day before I can make my next payment. I have recommended Protect My Car to a few people and a couple of them are interested in getting their warranty program.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I happened to be home when ProtectMyCar called and the person that talked to me on the phone really did a good job of explaining about ProtectMyCar and answered a lot of questions. The company sent me the quote I wanted, the papers showing me exactly what it was that was going to be covered, how the policy was going to be and was very upfront with everything. Their rep took the time and made sure that she was emailing me the information that I needed to see. She did the sale with me online and was really helpful. It made the whole transaction very smooth. My husband looked it over because he’s a retired master tech.

The claim was fine, except for the fact that in their shipping the engine to the dealership, the engine got lost for a week. The labor to replace the engine was 24.5 hours. It’s an expensive job and what should have only taken about a week but we ended up not getting the car back for a month. It started during the Thanksgiving holidays and the second week was when the engine got lost. The dealer had the car sitting there for two weeks and couldn’t find the engine. He called to tell me he was calling the parts department back again to find out where the engine was at. The parts department called him right up and said that the engine just walked through the door. At that point, it was about 2.5 weeks in.

It was fairly easy making payments for the purchase, though. They did the payment plan and there was going to be no problems if we sold or disposed of the car at some point in time before it ended. I understood that at that point, the policy will end right there and no further payments will be required. This was a much better deal, especially because I could do monthly payments instead of paying everything all upfront at once. I’ve been telling people about ProtectMyCar but it would be helpful, though if they sent me an email that had a link that I could forward to other people who are interested.

Original review: March 14, 2017

So far, I used ProtectMyCar only when my water pump went out. When I filed the claim, they asked certain questions and wanted documentation. I talked to them online and they were friendly and knowledgeable 70% of the time. There were a couple of people, though, who put me on hold when they talked to a supervisor. But, otherwise, it wasn’t too bad.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: March 13, 2017

ProtectMyCar was more reasonable and flexible. When I filed a claim, I gave them a call and told them what the problem was with my vehicle. I got a transmission done in my car and they told me straight up to take it to a dealership of my choosing. The dealership will call them and let them know that I needed a transmission. ProtectMyCar provided me the transmission that was basically brand new/rebuilt at a lower price. I paid $1,800 and they paid the other half for me. There were no complications too. I had my vehicle back.

Their claims reps were very knowledgeable about things. They knew what they’re talking about, were friendly about it and acted like they liked their job. One time I called when my car broke down and I needed a tow. I was basically freaking out as my father was in the car. The rep told me a dude will be on his way and stayed on the line with me for a moment while I waited for the tow dude to get there.

Making payments for the purchase of the warranty was also very easy. It's automatically drafted out of my account. When I went through a spell where I had to go a little time for not paying some fines and missed a couple of payments, they worked with me on catching up and everything. As of right now, I still have to catch up, but they’re willing to work with me. It's been an overall excellent experience.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I went across ProtectMyCar online and looked into their plan. I wanted to get a little bit more information on it and ProtectMyCar wind up calling me and giving me more information. It sounded like a good plan, so I went on ahead and took the plan. I've submitted a claim and it was easy doing it. But I probably have to resubmit it, because it's been a while. The claim was regarding my truck, in which I was supposed to be getting an engine. They gave me a price on how much it would cost me for my engine and they brought it down to $3,200. So that was a big information for me. Also, I could find myself a licensed mechanic whom I can go through and they'll pay the auto place.

ProtectMyCar.com

We will be in touch again about the reimbursement to make sure you get that taken care of as well.

Original review: March 13, 2017

ProtectMyCar called me, told me who they were and explained their benefits. My car is old and it's going to need an extended warranty. Also, they gave me a very good deal so I went with them. They're doing an automatic payment once a month on a set date, so it's convenient for me. Also, they've been very good with me when I miss a payment. They didn't cancel my thing or give me a hard time. They said they had roadside assistance but they didn't cover that. I had to pay out of pocket and then, I had to send the bill in and they would reimburse me. However, they never did. Other than that, I don't have any problems with them.

ProtectMyCar.com Company Profile