toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.

Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: March 3, 2016

We really enjoy ProtectMyCar and every time we talk to their rep, they've been great and very pleasant. Our payments are really easy since they come out of our account each month. So far, all the experience we've had has been very easy and simple, that's why we've already been recommending them to people.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 1, 2016

ProtectMyCar's price is affordable and making payments is easy because they do it right out of my check. One time I used them and my dealership took care of the whole thing. The dealership had a good experience with calling them so it hasn't been any bother for me. It was an excellent experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

We are very proud to help folks on Social Security and limited income with special rates without limiting coverage available under the policy. It really is all part of not just doing things right, but doing the right thing for each person.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I live on Social Security and ProtectMyCar was more affordable for me than other auto warranty providers. The payments for the purchase is easy as they take the money out every month. I’ve no problems. Submitting a claim was easy as well. I talked to the representatives and they were pretty straightforward and knowledgeable. I had a problem with my car and ProtectMyCar took care of it. I had a good experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

ProtectMyCar.com

We can not thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Based on the cost and the things that they cover, I signed up with ProtectMyCar. I have submitted claims twice and so far, there were no problems at all. I just let the dealership know that I have a warranty from ProtectMyCar and they handle it from there.

Factual basis uncertain

I saw a friend of mine who sells and leases cars. She and I sat in her office and negotiated with ProtectMyCar for the extended warranty. I bought it at 60,000 miles and I have it until 120,000 at no cancellation fee if I want to cancel. I negotiated no deductible and I’m paying a monthly bill of $60. All in all, that was pretty good. However, it was a matter of what was covered by the warranty.

When I submitted claims, some things work out well and others do not. There are certain things that you would think would be covered, but they pick and choose little bits and pieces that they will cover and will not cover. I negotiated oil changes throughout the whole period. I was doing synthetic oil and all of a sudden, they’re not going to cover synthetic oil. Now, I got a notice that ProtectMyCar is raising the cost that I’m paying every month for it, which I’m not really happy with. When I left something on in my car and it wouldn't start, I used ProtectMyCar's 24/7 roadside assistance. They responded but it took a while for someone to get to my house. The person they sent wasn't a high-quality person, but that was okay. He jumped the car and got it done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyCar.com?

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Whenever I take my car in to get repaired, I'd see if the repair’s covered or not. If it is, then ProtectMyCar would take care of it, minus the deductible. It's a pretty easy process and I usually do the claim over the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Filing a claim through ProtectMyCar was a little different. At first, it was difficult because they told me that I could take it to any shop when I was trying to get an oil change. But not everybody takes ProtectMyCar or the credit card over the phone. And then, all of a sudden, I found out that my transmission went out on my car, and I was having a little bit of problem with that. The first time, they sent a bad transmission. And it was taking a while, so I ended up having to pay for a rental car. And for that, they give you like a certain amount a day, and that's what I used. They did reimburse some of my money back. So it was a hit and miss. I didn’t think that I would be paying as much as I did and it took longer than I expected it to, but it was okay. It did save me some money.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I was looking for an extended warranty for my car. I did a normal research on the internet and found ProtectMyCar. There were good and bad reviews on them but I tried not to focus on negative stuff because every case is different. I always want to look at the positive and perspectives of the good things. But one of the things that grabbed my attention was the fact that the mileage on my vehicle was very high and I couldn't find any other provider. There was another company there but they were a little bit more expensive than ProtectMyCar.

ProtectMyCar's customer service and the representative that I spoke with were very good. They've been taught well. They've also been very attentive every time I called and questions have been answered. I've already taken my car in for service and everything was taken care of. Even the service dealership that I took my car to were amazed with the response and how everything was treated. So overall, they've done a great job.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
By the way, the oil changes are based on policy year, not calendar year.
Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

So far, it's been real good with ProtectMyCar. They've been real great in everything. I had to get the transmission in my truck replaced and it went pretty good. When I got the money, I was able to get the transmission fixed pretty quick. I need to call and talk to them because I'm heading out of town towards the end of the month and I need to know if I've still got a free oil change. They said I had three free oil changes for a year, but I don't know if it's a calendar year, and if it already expired at the beginning of this year, or if I had up to a year from when I got this policy.

Resolution In Progress

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make to cover as many of your vehicle's components as possible while keeping the policy cost within reason. That is especially helpful for folks on a budget and gives policyholders great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

ProtectMyCar gave me low monthly payments and it's been good with them since I've been using them for almost a year now. I have submitted claims with them but there was one item that they couldn’t fix because it wasn’t included in the warranty.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.
Please have the shop call to start a claim once they find out what is causing the issue with your engine.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

When getting signed up, the protection specialists from ProtectMyCar answered all my questions and they knew the policy. I use ProtectMyCar when I take my car in to have maintenance service. My car is running rich so I'll be bringing it back to the Ford dealer to see what's going on with the engine because it's using too much gas.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. The policy did not cover the repair to your ERG valve, but since you have been such a great customer we were happy to cover that repair on a good will basis. That is just part of not just doing things right, but doing the right thing.
Your policy does cover Roadside Assistance for when you have a flat or need gas or a battery jump.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know any time you have any questions or need help.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been all right with the exception of the last time. A couple of weeks ago, I had to come out-of-pocket for about $1,500 because they said it wasn't covered. I was a little angry about it because they didn't try to help me. I've only gone to them a few times and been with them for four years. I felt that they could have helped me with this problem that I had to pay so much out to get my truck fixed. But anytime other than this time, they've fixed whatever needed to have been fixed without me paying - just my monthly payments. But I've paid up. However, I don't know if my policy has road assistance or not. I will have to get my policy out of my car and call ProtectMyCar and find out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would recommend ProtectMyCar. I went with them because they had bumper to bumper coverage. When I called to cover my brake, especially my ABS, I was told that it wouldn't be covered so I told to one of the managers that I was told this. She went back and forth the tape and thought what I was saying was truthful and honored it. They were diligent and made good the lie that I was told. They are very good at what they do and I'm very satisfied with my claims. It's good that they pay $100 for rental fees but the service ran a more than that. They should extend it.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your comments. Our mission in to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.
Not all components of a vehicle are covered under any policy, no matter who issues it. We believe our policies provide the greatest protect at the least cost. We regret that only a portion of the repair was covered but the savings to you on the covered repair have hopefully made up for that.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I decided to give ProtectMyCar a try and see how well they would do because I had another one and it didn't honor what was in the contract. So far, about 80% of everything that I have put in the shop for my car have been covered. However, I had a complaint with my air conditioner line. It's made of metal and they said it was a tube. That part there was going to the rear of the car. That had to be replaced for $200 and they would not pay for the line. I need the car fixed, so I can have the air. So I had to bite the bullet, pay for the part and get the air conditioner line fixed.

The other thing was when I was out in Tinley Park and I needed somebody to come fix my flat. They sent a person out and the guy attempts to loosen the bolts then his lug wrench broke. So he just left me and said that I have to call back and see if they can find somebody else to do it. So I called back the company and asked them if they could send someone to fix it and if they could bring a good jack so I could pop the lug nut. And the lady told me, “We came and tried to fix it once. So we didn’t send nobody back out because he couldn’t fix it.” The car sat there from 10:00 to 4:00 in the morning. There was one lady from my Farmers Insurance who hunted down somebody to give me some help. ProtectMyCar's roadside assistance didn’t do a good job there.

And then, a few of the guys got smart with me. I was like, "Look, I'm asking you to help me... It's not that I could go to somebody else...Why are you telling me in a smart alecky tone?” I'm reading my contract and I don’t understand where there’s a mix-up in the contract between fixing it or not fixing it. If the warranty won't pay for what they say it is then they’ll have to be more upfront about it instead of getting the warranty and then the other lady told me that my payment was not accepted. It's been over a week that I sent the second payment in. She went, “Oh, well, we don’t register until… It didn’t go into effect until that date.” And I'm like, “So that’s why you won't give me roadside assistance?” I'd have to call my own insurance company to get roadside assistance.

ProtectMyCar.com needs to do something with the roadside assistance part of it. If ProtectMyCar.com calls in, at least send somebody back out if the one person couldn’t get the job done. That's the only thing that got me worried about. Nevertheless, when I take my car up to the GM dealer or to the other mechanic I use, they have paid. Plus, a couple things that was wrong that they went ahead and took care of, there was no hassle. But when I went to go the other route, it was different.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those comments.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, gives you great peace of mind. We are very glad to have saved you over $5,700 in repair costs to date

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Things have been fine with submitting claims. It’s just a slow response from the representatives. The back and forth with the dealership, not being clear on what will be done in a timely manner was probably the difficult part for them. When the quote was sold to me, it was easier for ProtectMyCar to tell me that the warranty covers everything versus saying what it does not cover. Now I’m finding out they cover less than what I was thinking when they said that they covered everything.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar.com were thorough but I had one issue. Usually with insurance my experience is that they cover majority of it. I understand that ProtectMyCar told me it was wear and tear but the mechanic said it wasn't. But because of the contract that I had, it didn't take care of the majority of it. I felt like the amount that they took care of and the amount that I paid wasn't equivalent. I was better off just saving $100 than having the insurance. They did what they said but the value of it wasn't worth it. I could've just done it myself. The insurance cost me a little more and it's just not fair. They put $800 in and I paid $1,200 so far as the insurance would go.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I love ProtectMyCar and I've had a good experience with them so far. I used their services on my daughter’s car. And when my daughter went to get an oil change, she was told she might have a minor leak. When I filed a claim, everything was done over the phone, which was pretty easy. Although I got stuck with a $300 bill on some stuff that ProtectMyCar didn’t cover. But it was okay because I didn’t have to kick out that big an amount for the engine. ProtectMyCar helped me out a lot, so I'm satisfied.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Our mission in to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.
Remember, the policy mileage helps keep the premiums within reason. Once you exceed that mileage, we can roll the coverage at your option to a new policy to continue your coverage.so you are always protected.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

ProtectMyCar's sales rep gave me a pretty good package and that convinced me to go with them. Submitting the claim was easy and it was everything I expected - just pay the $100 deductible and everything else they'll handle. The only thing I would like is for ProtectMyCar to increase the mileage on the warranties.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. We appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I have been using ProtectMyCar for about a year now and it's fine. At first the rates were high but now the rates are low and they’re very affordable. They cover everything, too, and their reps are pretty good. I have recommended people to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with ProtectMyCar since they were reasonable. I submitted one claim and they treated me good. All I did was take the car to the dealer and give them a slip. They took care of the rest. I had no problems and was real satisfied.

ProtectMyCar.com

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The lady who called was very nice in the way she talked to me and convinced me to go with ProtectMyCar. It sounded like a good idea. I’m paying $44 a month which is doable and it's automatically withdrawn. All these years I have only submitted one claim, which was for the repair on a window and it was handled very well. My mechanic called them up and they decided on what’s what so it was easy for me. ProtectMyCar only covered one part, but I’m extremely happy with my experience with them. Everybody’s been nice to me and if I have a question, they’d explain how it works.

Factual basis uncertain

I shouldn't have ever done it. The things that ProtectMyCar has paid for, I have ended up paying more out-of-pocket than they do. And my co-pays are equal to more than anything they have ever covered. I really wished I had looked into it further before I signed up because they got you. If you cancel, you have to pay out the contract.

It seemed like a good idea when I saw the list of things that they covered. I drive a lot of miles and it seemed cheaper to get ProtectMyCar than buying a new transmission. I haven't needed a transmission, but the other things I have needed, they pay for two parts, when there are seven components to the repair. I have to pay for the other five components in order to get the repair that they consider covered. It's not hard to file a claim because they tell you to take your car to the shop and have the mechanic call them. They discuss the repair directly with the mechanic and then they tell them what they'll cover and what they won't. The mechanic invariably, shake their head or drop their head because it's ridiculous not to cover fluids if you're covering a repair that includes something that has fluids. It looks too good and it is too good to be true.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar called me and though the rep who I dealt with was persistent, I thought they were good. However, it ended up costing me a whole lot more and I thought it covered more than it actually did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very dissatisfied with ProtectMyCar. When I first got the extended warranty, it was to my knowledge that it would cover all the electrical parts and the convertible top on my car. I specifically got it for that because my original warranty had expired. When I filed a claim recently for the heat and the air, and to try to go and get the convertible top fixed, it did cover the heat but they said that they don't fix convertible tops. Also, be aware of the small print because it only covers so many hours of labor, which they don't tell you that when you're getting the extended coverage. People want to know that it covers whatever they ask for, not how many hours the labor will cover, and I don't think that's fair.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind. Although not all components are covered on all policies, the policy really does help protect your budget and costs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

There have been some times when there has been something that I thought ProtectMyCar should have covered but they didn’t. But for the most part, my experience has been okay because some of the stuff that has been wrong with the car that I thought that they would cover was directly affected by or has something to do with dislaunching that was going on, causing the car not to be at 100% at the time.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar.com is not a good company. A couple situations have occurred since I have gotten the service. They told me if I'm buying the most full bumper-to-bumper warranty, I can get this and that. However, the five different times that I've had to call them, only one was covered. The other five were all denied. And I wasn't qualified for a rental either because based on the auto reports, it should be done in six hours. But they don’t have the part in stock when we take a car to the shop so it’s going to take longer than six hours. It could take six days to get the part in, have the diagnosis, etc. So far, it's been a headache. I regret getting it. But maybe one day, it'll come through.

Right now, I was about to call them because my car is not passing smog due to the oxygen sensors and catalytic converters but I'm the only owner of the vehicle. I went back and forth with the Chrysler Corporation and it's in the warranty who would cover it. Right now, I'm dealing with the Chrysler Corporation and they give me two different answers. The dealerships in the local area are giving me one answer, and the corporation in Detroit, Michigan is giving me another answer. But I cannot deal with them and so I took my vehicle into a dealership and had the service manager call Detroit, Michigan direct. And they said they'll talk to them and tell them about the situation. This is like a shot in the dark. It's a waste of time taking my car, and then they don’t approve it.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar called me and they had really low rates so I took it on. However, I just thought it was one plan and that it covered bumper to bumper. In the beginning, they fixed a couple of things that went wrong with my car. But then when I went back for other things that were clearly over $1,500, they said they weren't covered as they concern regular maintenance. They said that there were different prices where there were different levels of the plan. They should send out a written thing that shows everything that is covered and not just say it over the phone.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I've been with Protect My Car for close to a year. However, I wasn't fully aware that I had to process a claim before they did the work. But that was my fault because I didn't read the provision on how to go about processing a claim. They cleared that up for me. They sent me somebody against the claim, and I was okay with that. Then the second time I used their service, they took care of my claim.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.
You are so right. Every vehicle will, at some point, break down. It just makes sense to protect yourself before that day arrives.

Thanks again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if there is any way we can help you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

My husband likes to take care of his car and he liked ProtectMyCar. We've had our plan with them for a long time. Their price wasn't bad and their claims process is not difficult at all. We've only used them twice and we haven't had problems. Even if we needed a car to rent, they take care of all of that. ProtectMyCar is a very good thing to have for anybody. When you have a car, that's the best thing you have because, at this day and time, they easily break and die.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
We are very glad to have helped you with your repairs and look forward to helping again when the need arises.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

ProtectMyCar was recommended to me. I went to the dealer repair shop and they covered my claim for my right tie rod end, stabilizer bar, and turn signal. Their road assistance came in handy when I had a blowout down by St. Louis, 55. Overall, it was a great experience.

ProtectMyCar.com Company Profile