toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect My Car

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Protect My Car was the only one that contacted me and they're a very fine company. Lately, a lot of other companies are contacting me but I already have Protect My Car and I've been with them for three years now. Everything they have gone by me. They tell me what they will do and they have done it.

Protect My Car

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.
We want to be there for you on the day your vehicle has a problem. The rest of the time we are happy to help with your budget. That just one more thing you don't have to worry about. That is what we mean by good peace of mind.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I've only used Protect My Car twice, but they took care of me. I gave this old number to my guy at the Ford place. He looked it up, fixed my car and it cost me $100. I check the payment out on the 29th of every month. Even when I don't have the money in the bank, if I call them, they will hold it off till the next week. I've had to do that a couple of times and it's very nice. It keeps me out of paying the bank $35. It's been a good experience overall.

Protect My Car

Original review: July 14, 2017

My experience with Protect My Car has been pretty great. They do what they were supposed to do, and submitting claims have been pretty seamless. My mechanic submits the claim, they evaluate the claim and tell me what to do. I'm satisfied with Protect My Car and I'll recommend them.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
Great point, too. You never really know when even an empty gas tank can cause unexpected problems. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I chose Protect My Car because of the rates and coverage. My mechanic submitted my most recent claim and handled everything. Everything worked out well. There was also one time when I missed my gas so, I used their towing services when my car was disabled. Being with Protect My Car has been a positive experience.

Protect My Car

Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. It really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs. The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: April 7, 2017

ProtectMyCar warranty is an awesome program. Everybody should have it especially if you have an old model car that's out of warranty. I love it and I recommended it to my brother. It was quick and easy to file a claim. The mechanic did it for me. I gave the number and he took care of everything. I like ProtectMyCar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been paying ProtectMyCar for a while. I needed to get a backup just in case because my wife and I Grab. I figured that if I had a problem, ProtectMyCar will cover the whole deal. I only had to use them once but they didn’t pay for the whole thing. I had to pay the rest. But the customer service has been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Best decision I made. This service has been a blessing. I have limited income but they worked with me to be able to afford this, I have a 1997 car and in the past 2 yrs. it needed work done and towed, I never had to wait long for a tow truck and my Mechanic always has contact with this company while work is being done. Never a complaint from him about this company. I have used this about 3-4 times and it is worth its weight in gold, I would not have been able to afford the repairs needed if I had to pay full price. Highly recommend this Company and their service. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with ProtectMyCar mainly because of the reviews that I got and their price. My first claim was for a radiator fan control unit which failed and was covered completely. The experience went through smoothly and was nice. I gave my ID card details to the merchant and they took care of it. I paid the deductible and everything which was on paper went well. I was very satisfied with that service and the coverage.

However, the second claim was not that great. I got the best coverage possible, but the car that I drive was not part of the plan and the claim was rejected. The car I drive has an additional component called pressurizer along with the fuel pump. It's a turbo engine and it's required for that. There was a complete assembly change and I expected at least the portion of the fuel pump, as well as that particular assembly on top of that, be covered but the whole bill was rejected and I paid out of pocket. Their reason was that my fuel pump went bad because the pressurizer went bad so they won't cover that.

Protect My Car should have covered at least the components that were listed in the listing. The technology is improving and more components are getting added to the cars. Protect My Car should upgrade coverage that way because new technology is coming. I pay the warranty monthly which was fine. I already spent a lot of payments and I'm now in a dilemma if Protect My Car is going to benefit me in the future or not. Nevertheless, Protect My Car does well. I will recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Protect My Car, had a discussion with someone over the phone, and I liked what they offered. I had a little issue with my car and the people who worked on it took care of everything for me. I gave them my information and the number that I had, and they took care of it from there. They told me everything was taken care of and they did not have any problem at all. I'm satisfied with that entire experience as well as the rate I'm paying. I'd be afraid now not to have the warranty because I know how expensive it is to have a car repaired. I feel pretty safe with having Protect My Car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
When I called Protect My Car, the prices were more reasonable than anywhere else we had checked with. I've called a couple times to get some information if something was covered and they have great customer service. However, I wasn't aware that I had road protection. I bought a secondary because that wasn't explained to me. Submitting a claim was easy though. It was very smooth and with no problems at all. When I took my car into the shop, the shop did everything.

Making payments was easy too. I had it taken right out of my account. We had some issues where sometimes they didn't take it out and I wasn't aware, so I would have to pay double because they didn't take it out. I don't have them anymore because they just stopped taking money out but I would definitely look into rejoining. Protect My Car is something that I would recommend to anyone with the experiences that I have had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m driving a Mercedes and it’s never easy to have one. I purchased a warranty from Protect My Car and it’s good to have it. But by the time I got with them, they don’t cover most of the things that happened to the car. It’s easy to make payments with them, though. It comes out of my checking account every month. Their claims representatives were helpful too. I had a problem with the windows switch a long time ago, and I got it fixed. Everything went well and I’d recommend Protect My Car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Protect My Car rates were good which was why I chose them. They took care of the claim that I filed. At first, they said the claim wasn't covered on the protection plan but an hour later, it was covered. The vehicle was fixed in a day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Protect My Car's pricing is good but I have some reservations since. When I initially purchased the plan, they didn't go in detail with what was included and what wasn’t. I didn’t find out until after I purchased the plan and then started to have some problems with the vehicle. As I read closer into the package that they sent me, certain things that I felt should have been covered under the plan were not covered. I have some issues with the suspension flat end and the rear end and they were not covered. They just covered the engine and the transmission. I presumed from the conversations that we had, they were giving me a lot more components that will be covered but did not.

I had made some minor claims and submitting those were difficult. I had an issue with a carpet and they had to go as high as management to get those things covered. When I took my car into the shop, they told me that with this car, I should have revved up the plank closer but I wasn't informed about that when I purchased the plan. The things that I was getting them fixed and assumed they were under the plan were not. So, I wasn’t eligible for a purchase plan or rental car. Also, the customer service wasn't interested in what I had to say.

Now, I've had another bad experience with this plan and I hadn't been able to get my car fixed other than from out-of-pocket. I should have really read first what I'm getting involved in especially when it costs thousands of dollars and I should have done more research. I'm not quite satisfied with Protect My Car and they are not something that I will recommend to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I tried and picked the company that met my needs. Protect My Car has been willing to work with me on my payments plus the coverage that they had was somewhat better than others so I signed up with them. Their claims process was fairly easy and went smoothly, but I ended up paying for the car rental because the dealership did not put the amount of days that was actually needed to fix my car and they weren't able to get the repair done at the time they said they'll get it done. It wasn't Protect My Car's fault though. It was easy to make payments to them and their customer service was always there to help. But I hate their automated system that calls me constantly and it drove me up the wall. Other than that, they paid to get my car fixed which would’ve cost me so much more and it's still running well. The extended warranty is well worth having.

Resolution In Progress

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We regret that we were unable to assist with the towing more than the policy allowed. Although it is an unusual situation, we do strive to help as much as possible even in those situations.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I’m happy to know that I have my car covered by Protect My Car, especially because it is over 10 years old. This company called me at the right time. Their team was nice and they’re always helpful. Although there’s been a few things that weren’t covered that I thought should’ve been, submitting a claim with Protect My Car has been okay for the most part. Also, making the payments is easy because I’ve set it up on auto draft. When I got stranded in another city on the other side of the bridge, I tried to use Protect My Car’s 24/7 road assistance. I was on the phone with them for half an hour, waiting for them to get there. And then I found out that they couldn’t take me because they only gave about 5 miles and the bridge alone was about 10 miles. It was going to cost me $100 to get home. So, I just found somebody with AAA and got it done that way. That was a huge inconvenience.

Protect My Car

Thank you for providing those comments, and for the stars. We appreciate it very much. We are very happy to have helped you with the recent repair and look forward to helping again when you need us.

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a good experience with Protect My Car. My radiator went out on me and I called about it. The place where I took my car mentioned having a warranty. They offered to get me a rental but I didn’t need it. They handled everything through the warranty company and all I had to do was to go in there and pay my deductible and I went about my way. Overall, it's a great service and my experience has been easygoing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some checking around and the warranty providers all seemed to be equitable and the pricing was the same. I was a little worried about Protect My Car because they went through a couple name changes. But in the end, it seemed to be an okay outfit. The $85 payment comes out of my checking account every month. Submitting a claim with them wasn't smooth, and it was maybe more with the dealer. I have a Subaru, and the dealer didn't have the equipment to do the diagnosis. The claim was for the air conditioning, and the clutch went too and it got misdiagnosed. I ended up paying for the repair several times and putting a lot more out of pocket than I thought I would. It really kind of frosted me. The car's sitting in the driveway and I got to work up the time to go down and hassle with it again and try to get it fixed. All in all, the warranty might be good for certain repairs. But for the overall impact, I don't know if I would do it again.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

ProtectMyCar had a couple of things more in their policy compared to the previous company I was with. Making payments wasn't hard at all and only takes a couple of minutes. Submitting a claim has also been okay, but sometimes they might not cover something that I thought was covered. The latest one that I submitted was for my car's hose. I did it over the phone and their claims rep was friendly. They then gave me assistance with that and they're good.

Protect My Car

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We got ProtectMyCar several years ago and they’ve covered what they said they’d cover although there have been other issues with the car that they didn’t all cover. If I didn’t like ProtectMyCar or if I was unhappy I would’ve canceled it but I haven’t had any trouble contacting ProtectMyCar in getting answers for myself. Volkswagen, however, called me once and said that they could not get a hold of anybody to talk to and they wanted to settle up. I gave them the number that I call and I never heard anything else about it so I guess ProtectMyCar got it covered. My experience with them has been good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been good so far. Their financing played a big part in setting up with them and it worked out in my payment and budget. Making payments has been easy and if my money isn't in my account, they will call me and I would make arrangements for them to receive their payments. And as far as submitting claims, whatever work is needed on my car, I just call in. I’ve used it about three times and they paid for whatever I needed to get done. So far, they're living up to their name and I would recommend them to somebody else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Protect My Car's price was $600 and everything they were covering seems right up my alley so I signed up. I submitted a claim for my vehicle and the dealership had already said that the motor was going out, but Protect My Car said they'll cover it but they can't do anything until the motor goes out. So we took my car off from the dealership, drove it around, a month or two later the motor went out. There's no power in the motor. The dealership called Protect My Car back and they said they'd only cover so much for the motor because they go off the value of their car. My motor was running about $8,000 they wanted to give up for and I paid the other $4,000 or $5,000.

They don't tell people when they get the insurance, the value blue book is $2,000 and the motor costs $7,000. They were only giving me up to $2,000. The issue never got resolved because they warranted $3,995 and the cheapest motor they found was about $7,000 not including $2,000 labor. So I was going to be adding more money than Protect My Car was splitting up. Also, they didn't put me in a rental car because the motor needed to be put in before they can even do a rental car. I was left without a car and I'm still without a car. Protect My Car just says, "You have no worries" and they were only good until my car broke down. I will not go through them anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was scared of scams and I couldn't verify anyone else other than ProtectMyCar. It’s easy to make payments for the extended warranty with them. The first time I submitted a claim was great, but the car broke down again after the work they did. It was timely the second time, then I had to verify each process of the work on the car. It took them three weeks and I still haven't received the refund on my car rental. Other than that, I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ProtectMyCar called me after I filled out my information online. It sounded like a pretty good deal that ended up not being so at all. I sent my car to the Ford dealership and this dealership sent ProtectMyCar the paperwork. ProtectMyCar originally told me it was something that wasn’t covered even though I took the policy to the Ford service manager who said it clearly was, and so he had to write them a letter. It took a while after that, and the manager said it’s ridiculous and cut-and-dry. He also said, “That’s why we steer people away from this auto market thing because you pay them, thinking you’re covered, and you’re really not.” It took them four months to get a claim taken care of that’s going to take in a week. I got frustrated and I don’t use them anymore.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My lady had found some guy who looked for something to protect our car. Protect My Car said in between the 30 days, we just needed a tow. If the car broke down, they would provide that for us and after 30 days, we'd be good to go. If we needed any type of work done to the vehicle, it would be a $100 deductible. We can go to a certified mechanic or anywhere we choose to. And that was pretty much good.

I have submitted a claim and it was awesome. Everything's a plus with me with those guys. When I went into a dealership, I told Protect My Car what was going on. They had the dealership to call them. The dealership didn't know that Protect My Car was that good. The claims department okayed them to start the vehicle. They finished it and they charged me what the deductible was. It was pretty fast. As far as the rental car I needed, I got the paperwork for it and gave it to Protect My Car. In not even 10 days, the check was in the mail. Everybody was pretty much on top of everything. However, if it was an engine problem or something like that, then Protect My Car would have a claim adjuster to come out in excess to that and see its actual problem. But other than that, Protect My Car is pretty good.

I owed them $225 but I told them I'm gonna give it to them on Friday 'cause I have moved and my kid's going to college. Which leads me to another problem I have with them. I didn't like that they call a day before to remind about the money I owe. It's annoying. But anything else is pretty cool. Making the payment's a really easy process and the lady was really nice on the phone. I told her they should give a memo that I would be paying on Friday, so they won't keep calling. They're pretty good about all of that good stuff, so I really like them. I'm gonna tell other people about the company.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments and the great rating. We do try hard to meet individual needs and we are very glad we were ael to do that for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I liked that the people at ProtectMyCar seemed to be amenable to my situation. My car was a turbocharger and they adjusted my policy to include that. I’ve also used ProtectMyCar’s road service.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had a very good experience with ProtectMyCar. Their price was was within my budget so I went with them. They also worked with me because I was a veteran and gave me a special additional discount. I do direct deposit for payments and it's simple. When I had to submit a claim, I called them first to make sure I knew what I was doing. The lady told me to take my car to the dealership and to give them the number of the ID card that I have and that they'd take it from there. I just had to put my deductible down and that was it. It was very simple and easy.

The claims rep that I talked to was very helpful and friendly. They gave me fees adjustments to make it a lot simpler for me. They also helped me do what I needed to get done so when I went to get services, I was already prepared to deal with the situation at hand. When I need them, I know they’ll be there for me. I would highly recommend them to anybody who needs their services.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.
We apologize for the delay in getting the repair completed. As we explained, a big part of any repair is to make sure the right repair is done the first time. We are glad it worked out well for you.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I submitted a claim once to ProtectMyCar and it took a while because ProtectMyCar didn’t want to pay the amount once the dealer had told them how much it was. They went back and forth and the process took a couple of days. The whole time I was still able to drive my vehicle but it really needed to be fixed right away. The attendant from the car dealer had to fight with ProtectMyCar to fix my car so it discouraged me a bit because I’m paying my money monthly and I thought things were just going to work out without a problem. Also, one time, I couldn’t open my car about a couple of months ago so I’ve called ProtectMyCar. But it was on a Saturday and they were closed. So it was a friend of mine who had AAA that helped me.

Resolution In Progress

Protect My Car

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We do show that invoices are going out to you. We will get in touch with you to make sure we can help in any way we can to make the process comfortable for you. That's really what this is all about.

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I've had an auto warranty with Protect My Car for about a year and they've fixed my car twice. The dealer submitted the claim and Protect My Car paid on time, and everything was fine. But I need my invoice and I've been telling Protect My Car to send me the invoice every month. I couldn't pay this month because I don't have an invoice. I pay everything by check and I don't pay anything online. I've been calling them repeatedly about this. They have my PO Box address and they say the invoice is on the way, but I never got it so I'm past due with my payment. I also used their roadside assistance one day but they never showed up, even though I pay for that service. I've had a very bad experience with them.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I sent an online inquiry and ProtectMyCar called me. Their cost is affordable and they have recurring payments that were convenient for me. When I call, their reps handle my business professionally.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair. We took a look to see what may have occurred with the second repair. It does not appear that the shop ever called in a claim. Please do not take the shops word for what is covered and what is not.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

My husband is an army vet so ProtectMyCar gave us a discount. It’s the reason we chose them over different auto warranty providers. I have submitted a claim and it’s about a problem with my car window. They took a while when I went to the dealership, but they were able to get everything they needed to fix my window. I paid $100 for the parts.

The claims process was easy enough. It was the gentleman at the car dealership who did it. I call them every month to make payments since I didn’t give them permission to take the money directly out of my account. Looking back, I did attempt to submit a second claim. It was a bit disappointing for me to find out from the mechanic that it wasn’t covered. I never heard from ProtectMyCar about it.

Protect My Car

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I’m in the car business so I know a lot more about the warranties. I’d spoken to a rep before when the company was still called Solace. When we got to ProtectMyCar, I ended up talking to him again, and the relationship that he and I had, as well as the pricing, absolutely made me choose them. I had one claim and for the most part, it was fine. I needed an air compressor for my car, a Mercedes. ProtectMyCar reps found the part, they sent it to Mercedes, and Mercedes put it on. It was a lot cheaper than what it would’ve cost me if I was strictly with Mercedes. The warranty was there for me when I needed it, like how it’s supposed to be, so that’s all that matters to me. They were good and I’ve already been recommending ProtectMyCar to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband has Protect My Car on his car and he told me about it. The only problem I had was the last claim. Instead of waiting for the invoice from the mechanic they paid him based on what they were told verbally. The problem with that is it turned out that the mechanic never did the work he was supposed to do on my car which resulted in my car in having more problems.

I'm on the dealership now. I have no car and I haven't been able to drive since June 17th because it turned out the timing belt, the stuff that they paid for, they never verified the work was done. It turned out the mechanics send the invoice after they paid them but they never verified the work. It turned out the work that was supposed to be done wasn't done on my car. And now, my car has more problems to the point where my engine is sitting on my seat because it turns out the mechanic did not only do the work properly but he caused more damage to it. I don't understand why they couldn't make the mechanic pay them back, and then cover my car because it's not my fault. I'm gonna need a new engine because the work wasn't done properly. And then, they're not covering so I have no car. Some people want to know where my car is parked on the side of the road, when it could have been avoided.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My original warranty was running out so I started searching. I found ProtectMyCar and when they told me how much they were every month, I signed up. Everybody I've dealt with when I needed something or needed some answers have been right there to answer me. The experience has been awesome.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to your concerns.
The repair to your vehicle included replacement of a motor mounts, and replacement of hoses and seals. Your policy is for mechanical component breakdown coverage. That is why the motor mount was covered, while the hoses and seals were not. We are very glad the policy was there to pay for the most expensive part of the repair and that it saved you so much money.
Your policy lists each covered component so there is no guess work as to what is covered. Items such as hoses, seals, tires and similar items are wear and tear items. They wear out, they do not break down. That is why a mechanical breakdown policy does not cover wear and tear items.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

When something happened to my car, ProtectMyCar didn’t cover it. I was just paying the bills for nothing. But filing the claim was easy and I had a very good experience with the rep I spoke with on the phone. It's also easy to do the payments because I did it with my debit card. I would still recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Protect My Car is an honest company. I had the warranty for almost two years and although I never had to use it, it was good to have because it was economical in case I had a breakdown. And it would be better to pay $56 a month instead of having to pay for the big thousand dollars for the transmission. The payments on the warranty were easy and it's deducted out of my account. Also, they encourage you to keep it because if you cancel, you pay in a single month. However, I canceled it because if the car broke down now I wouldn't need it. Overall, it's a pretty good deal and program.

Protect My Car Company Profile