toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to know how much our efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I submitted a claim with ProtectMyCar over the phone one time and it was good. The claims representative was really nice and he was able to help me with everything. They fixed the part that needed to be fixed. Also, payments are affordable. I got them set up so ProtectMyCar takes it out from my account every month so I don’t need to worry about it. ProtectMyCar really works and I'm glad to have it.

Protect My Car

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have used ProtectMyCar before and had good luck with them and without any problems. I just used them recently and it worked out very well. They covered things that we expected they would cover and they've covered me when I needed them. I will tell my friends or family member to give them a call. They'll give a price over the phone and there's no inspection or anything involved.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional services possible and at a rate that is affordable for our policyholders.. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments like yours that let us know we are doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thanks again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Protect My Car's agent contacted me and we talked. The quote I got was less than the one I had been paying before. Paying for the extended auto warranty was so easy. I did it over the phone, used my credit card and set up automatic payment. Submitting a claim was also easy. I go to where I need to get the car fixed and tell them what needs fixing. I let them know that I have a service plan in place. I give them the contact number for that and then the shop calls them and everything’s done. However, when I first got the warranty, whenever I thought something was wrong with the car I would always call their agents. But, they never said, “No, don’t call us. Go to the shop.” They would say, “Okay. Well, let me look that up for you and see what your coverages are. So yes, here you are covered so this is what I recommend.” And then, we’d go from there. So after I figured it out, I just go directly to the shop and they’ll make contact. It’s been great.

I have used their 24/7 road assistance once when I had my battery running down. I picked up the phone and called them and they said, “Okay, we have somebody in the area. He’ll be there in 20 minutes.” That’s usually now how it goes but in about 18 minutes, the tech showed up and gave me a jump. They’re very good, really easy and they get the job done.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We are glad we were able to make the premiums comfortable on your budget and help so much in getting the repair completed. Rest assured we will be here for you when you need us again.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I only had one claim. Protect My Car took care of it nicely and I appreciated it. The claims process wasn't difficult at all. I just showed the dealer I had the insurance on the car when I needed it done. I told them what the problem was and they said they would take care of it. They called Protect My Car and said they'd take care of it, and they did with no problems at all. My protection warranty should be already paid off all the way. I paid it in about $400 payment at that time, and paid all at once so I would owe nothing on it. I had a wonderful experience and I'm happy with them. They are a great company and I appreciate having my protection insurance through them. I would recommend Protect My Car to anybody.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer. We will be happy to help you with your situation.
We know how difficult a big car repair bill can be on top of all your other obligations. That is just one thing that makes this protection so valuable.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I like Protect My Car and they always come to the rescue whenever I need them. Their service is good and I like their monthly payment but I've gotten into some financial difficulties so I'm behind my payment and I'm trying to get it going. I'm very satisfied with the claims experience, it's easy and was done over the phone. Their claim reps were very respectful and concerned. Protect My Car made me feel very good whenever I need a service on my car, the warranty and coverage. It was a very great experience.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I got a phone call from a rep from ProtectMyCar and they explained everything and took the time to weigh my options. That time I didn't know about any competitors so I went with them. They did an auto debit from my checking account so it was easy. I was concerned about the paying terms if I ever did have a claim but mine was a major mechanical claim with the transmission and they ended up covering it. When I submitted a claim, I took it to the dealership and ProtectMyCar handled it directly with the dealership. I didn't have to do a whole lot. They were responsive and timely. I was a little nervous when I signed the contract, but it ended up working out and everything was great.

Protect My Car

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Submitting a claim was awesome. I just called ProtectMyCar and told them what was going on. They handled business, and took care of my car and fixed it. I recommend ProtectMyCar to anybody and everybody. My overall experience with them has been great. I'm happy that I got them.

Protect My Car

Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: July 22, 2017

It’s easy submitting claims with Protect My Car. At first, when I was doing it, I would call in. I'd tell them my truck's in the shop but they'd say they have to wait for the procedure. So, it seemed like it was an unnecessary step for me to call so I stopped calling. Now, the dealer would do it. I had one claim that I didn’t agree on but other than that everything was good. My payments are on auto pay and it's pretty easy. Also, I get reimbursed on the rental side. I had a good experience with them as far as getting everything done.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.
We warrant all parts we supply for 12 months or 12 thousand miles
If you are having any problems with your vehicle, please call us so we can assist you. That is what the policy is for. We will, as we have on many occasions in the past, give you straight up answers to assist you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I bought a newer car but it was used. I paid $8,000 for it and I was worried about not having any protection if something was to go wrong. Thankfully I bought an extended auto warranty from Protect My Car. The motor ended up having a crack four months after I bought the car. The cost of the labor was $2500 and Protect My Car paid for it. I didn’t even have to pay a deductible. The warranty cost me $100 down and it costs me $50 a month, which is reasonable. I was stressed about it because at first, it seemed like they were going to try to back out on it, but they came through and I was thankful for that.

However, the dealer was surprised because normally Protect My Car lets them order the motor. Protect My Car ordered the motor and dealer said it didn’t look like a remanufactured motor when it came in. It looked like something that came from a wrecking yard. It runs a little rough at times, but I haven’t had any issues. Overall Protect My Car is a good company. I would do another car with them if I buy another one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I usually have my mechanic at the Ford garage submit claims to Protect My Car. And my last experience was not very good. I had the rear suspension air bags pulled out in my car and also had a pinion leak but they wouldn’t cover them. They said it was not a warranty but I didn’t really think so and the company would have covered those. The only thing that they covered in the last two years that I’ve had them was an electric window on the driver side. It was a regulator that was out and it wasn’t very much money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Protect My Car

Original review: July 21, 2017

I've had ProtectMyCar for three years. Their cost is more reasonable than most of the prices from other companies. We have a Honda which I take to a Honda dealership who would submit the claim for me since they know what's covered. Though they don't cover everything, ProtectMyCar cover most of the important stuff with the higher cost. Overall, my experience was fast and I never had any problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to have something quick at the time when I had the car and Protect My Car was the one that beat everybody to the punch. It was easy to arrange payments for the warranty because I had it set up for automatic payment. When submitting a claim, I gave them the information and the card, and it was fairly easy. Of course, they didn’t cover the tow since it's not part of the warranty. However, the incident that happened to the car damaged the fender. My universal joint gave out causing the axle to come off the pin and when I got the bill, they only covered part of that stuff. There were other damages that were not covered by the warranty and there was nothing much I could do about it at that point. Overall, the experience was all right. It wasn't the best but they helped me out.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
As we explained to you, we are happy to reimburse fo the oil change on the truck. We just need you to send the paid receipt to us. We will be in touch to make sure this is taken care of for you.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Protect My Car's representative explained everything to the T. But I was familiar with warranty companies and most of them cover most of the same things and my consideration was more of what's coming out of my pocket versus what they're covering. I've used the warranty once and it went very smoothly. The dealer called them and the authorization was right then and there. So it's good and it's what I like.

I have the warranty on both my vehicles. The only problem I had was on my truck. I had paid for an oil change and I get free oil changes on one of them. And so, I've tried to get the money back and I never did. And that was last year. That wasn't a deal breaker because that particular warranty on my truck is like a percentage warranty. The only good thing about it and the only reason why I kept it is because of the free oil changes. I got a Land Rover and it takes eight and a half quarts of oil. And then that's synthetic and it's $140 oil change. I recommended Protect My Car to two friends and they bought warranties, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had ProtectMyCar for more than four years now. I haven't had to use it much but my overall experience has been okay. When I submit a claim, I take it to the mechanic and let him do it. There was one case where ProtectMyCar didn't pay for the claim and I had to pay the difference to the mechanic, but other than that, I haven't had any issues.

Protect My Car

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I had gone with Red Auto and I was hearing a lot of bad things about them so I cancelled it and I looked for another one and found Protect My Car online. I’ve had great experience with them and they always paid out. My recent claim was for the heater core. It was pricey but I only had to pay $100. I filed the claim over the phone and took it to Gillman and they called it in then Protect My Car paid it over the phone. They give you four oil changes a year and I pay an extra $6 a month for that. You can also pay a little extra to get the maintenance. Making payments for the warranty is very easy. They take it right out of my account on the 17th of every month. And the thing I like about them too was they only charged me $25 down to get it started.

Original review: July 20, 2017

There's a piece that started wobbling in my car. I filed a claim to Protect My Car and it was pretty easy. I called Protect My Car and gave them the information needed. They contacted the company and the company let them know what it cost. Then, they contacted me back and we got it done. I had to rent a car and it was covered under the warranty but I had to pay out of pocket first, then they reimbursed me, which didn't take long. I would recommend Protect My Car.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Three of my cars have 50/50 coverage so I'll end up dropping those. We have repairs that have come up that we needed to do on the cars. Submitting the claim to Protect My Car was easy. I called on the phone and told them I was taking my car in because I had a problem with my rear. They said, "Okay. Just call us when you get there." I did and everything went fine. The claims rep was very pleasant and very helpful. It was also easy to make payments for purchasing my extended auto warranty. I just had to pay the deductible in person. Luckily it's on the car that's covered 100%. My experience with Protect My Car was pleasant and they were very effective in doing their job.

Protect My Car

Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Protect My Car had better rates than other companies. So far, I’ve done one claim. It was quick and easy. The person I spoke to over the phone told me exactly what I needed to do and walked me through the list of mechanics that were in the area. He called the repair shop, and then he did a good job. It’s also really easy to make payments for the extended auto warranty. It's set up to withdraw from my bank account every month. They take care of everything you need and they make sure your car stays running right where it matters.

Protect My Car

Thank you very much for being a long time policyholder and for the referrals you have provided.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I've been with ProtectMyCar for several years now. They seemed to be offering the things that I needed at an affordable price and I've been keeping my policy up. I'm satisfied with what they had offered on the paper as to what I need for my vehicle. It was 40,000 when I got it. I also have my daughter with them so that's two members of my family with ProtectMyCar. I will recommend them to someone else. I have been enforced by other companies and I have not changed from ProtectMyCar.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I couldn't afford the traditional warranty that I kept getting in the mail from Chevrolet. It was expensive. I signed up with ProtectMyCar.com and I got to use them the next day. My fuel pump went out at the doctor's office and they had to tow in the car. The claims representative was alert and sympathetic and had the tow truck within an hour. He took my vehicle to the Peltier Chevrolet in Tyler and then they started the work the next day. The people that I talked to were above normal. My payments are taken out of my pay check every month.

I'm grateful I made that decision on the day I did. I almost didn't and I don't know what would have happened because we only have one car and my mother doesn't drive and I was at the doctor for her. I had to get arrangements for her to get home and me to get home and a few other things. It was a stressing situation but it would have been devastating. I don't know how we would have made it. That was the only way I have to get to work because my mother doesn't own a vehicle anymore and we live in the country.

Protect My Car

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is hassel free and claims are completed in a professional manner. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: July 18, 2017

ProtectMyCar was the first company I called so I went with them. I was on autopay so purchasing an extended warranty was nothing to worry about. I also have no bills, which is one thing less to remember. The last claim I submitted was hassle-free, easy, and gave me peace of mind. I liked it. I did it over the phone and the reps that I have talked to were all helpful. They answered my questions and did everything.

Protect My Car

We pay for repairs right over the phone with a corporate credit card. We make that payment immediately to the shop once we know the repair has been completed and the policyholder is satisfied.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Protect My Car has been taking care of everything and has been doing a good job. When I submit my claim, it goes from the car dealership to them. They were a bit slow in paying, though. But apart from that, Protect My Car has good customer service and is a good extended warranty service place.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Protect My Car when they told me the stuff they were covering. Now that I have it, I had a major thing that should have been covered but was not. My car’s computer system shut down and the car couldn’t operate without it and they didn’t cover the computer. It wasn’t specified initially but I would think that major components of the car will be covered. The auto shop submitted the claim and when I tried to see if they covered the computer parts or find a place where I can get it cheaper, it didn’t work and was too high. Since they couldn’t cover it, they lowered my monthly payment but I was still distraught that it didn't cover the main components of the car to have the car running. The claim representative was helpful but they were only able to do what they can do. The bottom line is they couldn't pay for the computer.

I also don’t like the rental car benefits and the maintenance perks because they don’t cover if the labor on the car is not more than two hours so the car has to be in the shop more than how many hours plus they didn’t cover rental. I don’t like that they went off the labor instead of how long the shop actually had the car. If they're not able to get to the car until then, I'm stranded without a car just because the labor is in two hours. Each car is not the same and they need to evaluate what runs the car and what actually is needed, what part should be covered because technically all the major parts are not covered. They need to change the way they say that.

Protect My Car

Thank you, too, for referring your friends or family who might benefit from a policy. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who gets a policy we say thank you by sending you Visa gift card.

Thanks once again for your coments.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Protect My Car sent me a thing in the mail and I called them and they had a reasonable price per month. Submitting a claim is very easy. I give it to the dealership and they submit it and take care of it for me. All I have to do is tell them what's going on with the vehicle and see if it's covered. They will let me know if it is or isn't, how much I still owe on it and what’s left still on it. I would recommend Protect My Car to friends and family and I would get them for my coverage for my next vehicle.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: July 17, 2017

ProtectMyCar showed me that they had what I wanted. I signed up with ProtectMyCar then I went somewhere else and I came back to them again. They're not that bad and making payments for the warranty was easy with my credit card. And when I submitted my claims with them over the phone, the reps I talked to were very friendly and helpful. There were a few things that I had done which I paid out of pocket for but everything else have been good so far. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I need a warranty for my car and everybody else was so expensive. It is easy to make a payment with ProtectMyCar. plus I had a very good experience with them when I made a claim. I did it with the dealership and I will have to put another claim at the mechanic for the electrical thing with the wheel. They have sensors, and right now the sensors are active, so I have to have all those sensors put in. Generally, they've been very good, helpful and easy. Everything is good.

Resolution In Progress

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. We apprecaite them. We are happy to respond to your concerns. Policies issued by different companies will cover different components. Prices for those policies can vary substantially.
We believe our policies cover the components that are the mostly likely to break down and are for the most part the most expensive to repair. Yet our premiums are some of the most affordable in the industry.
When you compare your policy with your friends, check the total component coverage and the monthly cost of the policies. Compare the extra benefits included and the low deductible. We are sure you will feel relief, rather than embarrassment, that you chose Protect My Car.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Protect My Car had a pretty good program at the time I chose them. Submitting a claim is okay, I did it over the phone. Their representatives were discreet too. They take the payment out of my checking account. However, they need to cover more areas on the vehicle. I had an experience where Protect My Car covered certain areas of the car. So, it used to be updated. If Protect My Car would do more coverage on the vehicle, I would suggest it to a friend. But right now, I was embarrassed because this other person had their coverage better than what I have.

Protect My Car

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. The way you described it is exactly how it works for thousands of policyhollders.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Protect My Car called me and I had trouble with my vehicle, so I accepted their offer. I submitted a claim over the phone and I just gave them to the people doing the work. The overall claims process was pretty easy because they handled it fast. They took care of my problem the next time I had one. Also, the payment was easy because I didn't have to bother about sending them a check every month.

Original review: July 16, 2017

So far, I've only done one claim with Protect My Car and the process was easy for me 'cause I didn't do anything. The mechanic shop submitted the claim. They have to get the okay before they can work on it. Also, payments are deducted straight out of my account so that's easy too. I have used two other auto warranty companies and they both sucked. With Protect My Car, it hasn't been an unpleasant experience whatsoever.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I would submit documents to Protect My Car and they took really long time to get back to me. Every time I called, the claims representative told me that I had to wait until it came out to whichever department that was repairing it. I would have to keep checking to see if anything was done. I went through the process of making a claim with Paxton. I only have one vehicle and I need it to get around with kids, school, and work. I had to wait three days before somebody would respond back. And I only wanted to go to a rental if it's surely going to be covered.

If I had problems that needed to be adjusted, they didn't believe what the garage said. So, I'm waiting until I get the problem again which was what the garage told me will happen and get a second opinion and see what happens next. They needed to be more explanatory when it comes to areas that were being covered. I'm anticipating that if they say electrical, it's all the electrical components, not some or not others. That's where a part of the problem was too. But making payments was easy and it's an okay company until a problem exists.

Protect My Car

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: July 16, 2017

ProtectMyCar called and bugged me. And I was dead set against doing it but ProtectMyCar dropped their price down to 75% less than the first offer I got with them so I gave in. They automatically deduct my $46 payment from my credit card. I submitted a claim with them once and I admit that I didn’t take the proper steps since I didn't know. And there was a problem with the axles of my car and they said it could be dangerous and I didn’t find out about it until my car was already in the shop having routine work done.

Since the car was in the shop already, I was going to have the work done no matter what so I took a shot to see if they would cover some or all of it if they could. I called them because I was paying and it worked out as well as I was expecting. I explained my situation to them and they paid, but not all of it. They sent me $1000. The rep that I have talked to understood my predicament and explained to me how I'm supposed to submit a claim. I was satisfied with them to have responded to the problem I had.

Protect My Car

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: July 15, 2017

We were able to negotiate the package with Protect My Car and I had a zero deductible. I've had a minor and a not so minor claim and I was always very happy with the reps on the phone. When the transfer case on my truck went out, which is the gear that changes it from two wheel drive to four wheel drive, Protect My Car went out and bought a transfer case. They shipped it to the mechanic that I was using and took care of it that way. But it took my mechanic so long to be paid for what he did. Other than that, the process went fine for me and if I'm ever in the market again for that kind of warranty, I would certainly go to them.

Protect My Car

Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: July 15, 2017

ProtectMyCar is a good warranty company. They had the best price in the market and I got the full coverage. I just go to the mechanic shop and they do everything. They take care of it then they show me what they did. I did some repair on my car because some parts were broken. I just need a couple more stuff to get done. The exhaust system needs to be repaired and some front suspension. I'm just waiting until my mechanic have free days on schedule so I can set up the appointment.

Protect My Car

We want to be there for you on the day your vehicle has a problem. The rest of the time we are happy to help with your budget. That just one more thing you don't have to worry about. That is what we mean by good peace of mind.

Thanks again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I've only used Protect My Car twice, but they took care of me. I gave this old number to my guy at the Ford place. He looked it up, fixed my car and it cost me $100. I check the payment out on the 29th of every month. Even when I don't have the money in the bank, if I call them, they will hold it off till the next week. I've had to do that a couple of times and it's very nice. It keeps me out of paying the bank $35. It's been a good experience overall.

Protect My Car

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Protect My Car was cheaper than other companies. I purchased it online and it was easy and now they debit it out of my account. Submitting a claim with them over the phone was very easy. Everybody was professional and they take care of everything. Also, I used their 24/7 roadside assistance and it was a great experience. I would definitely refer them to a friend.

Protect My Car Company Profile