toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.

Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: March 3, 2016

We really enjoy ProtectMyCar and every time we talk to their rep, they've been great and very pleasant. Our payments are really easy since they come out of our account each month. So far, all the experience we've had has been very easy and simple, that's why we've already been recommending them to people.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: March 1, 2016

ProtectMyCar's price is affordable and making payments is easy because they do it right out of my check. One time I used them and my dealership took care of the whole thing. The dealership had a good experience with calling them so it hasn't been any bother for me. It was an excellent experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

We are very proud to help folks on Social Security and limited income with special rates without limiting coverage available under the policy. It really is all part of not just doing things right, but doing the right thing for each person.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I live on Social Security and ProtectMyCar was more affordable for me than other auto warranty providers. The payments for the purchase is easy as they take the money out every month. I’ve no problems. Submitting a claim was easy as well. I talked to the representatives and they were pretty straightforward and knowledgeable. I had a problem with my car and ProtectMyCar took care of it. I had a good experience and I would recommend them to anybody.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one We are very pleased that we were able to reduce your repair costs and help make the coverage more affordable. Best of all, we are here to help again when you need us.
We will be in touch to answer your questions regarding the Roadside Assistance benefits.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

ProtectMyCar got my information from the dealer where I bought my car and they contacted me. I signed up with them and submitting a claim was pretty easy. It wasn’t that complicated. I’ve only had two so far and both have been okay. I called, they gave me the information, and they helped me out. It was a good experience. However, for the roadside assistance, I didn’t quite understand very well how many times I get towed in a year or how many miles I'll get covered because I used it twice last year and I had to pay the second time. That one was a little bit of a concern because I asked many times but it wasn’t clear.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

ProtectMyCar gave me a very good offer and explained what I was entitled to very well, so I went with them. I've been with them for five years. I still don't know everything about it because I don't deal with it on a daily basis, but the price was fair. The payments for my warranty comes right out of my check, so I don't have to worry about it. It has been a very good service since I got it. It's easy to use because I don't deal with all that system. For repairs, I just give it to whoever will accept it. I used it once and had no problem with it. I didn’t have to do too much. I just gave it to Dodge, the dealership, and they did everything for me. In fact, the dealership was charging a little more than normal, and ProtectMyCar still did everything they said they were going to do. My experience with them has been very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyCar.com?

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I got a call from ProtectMyCar and went with them for their very good rate. I've been using their services for close to a year now and it's been a very good experience overall.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad we were able to help you with your repair even though it was not a covered repair under your policy. While we do have to treat all policies the same in terms of coverage, that does not mean that we cannot treat you as an individual and help you on even a non-covered repair when the situation required it. That's why we were happy to help you so much with good will assistance on the repair costs.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can further assist you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The guy from ProtectMyCar sounded more legit than the other guys so I got a warranty from them. I was happy with it until I had to use it for my F-150. A part in the cylinder head broke and the dealership turned in the claim. ProtectMyCar processed the claim really fast but it felt to me like they were trying to get out of covering it by making up excuses. The part that was broken was covered, but since a non-covered part broke and caused that covered part to break, they said they couldn’t cover it. They ended up paying $500 and I had to pay $3,000 which is almost as much as what my plan for ProtectMyCar costs. I wasn’t happy about that and I almost canceled my policy but I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt just in case something else ever breaks and I may need them. Hopefully, the next time I use them, they will cover more. They did help out a little bit but I just felt that they could’ve helped out more.

ProtectMyCar.com

Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. With just a $100 deductible it really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs.
The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Every time I had an incident, ProtectMyCar reps were very nice and their claims process was very good. So far, I'm very satisfied with them. I had an excellent experience.

Thank you so very much for your comments.
We are happy to have helped you with that repair and are very glad the policy helped you so much.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I had a bunch of auto warranty companies calling me but they wouldn’t send info to me because I didn’t want to give up any personal information over the phone. ProtectMyCar was the only one who did so I used them. Then I blew the motor of my truck. I called the 24-hour tow assistance and they sent a vehicle out to pick up my truck and took it to the mechanic shop I use. The lower end of my motor was bad so I made a claim and they sent somebody out to look at it all the way from Florida. They saw that it was nothing that I’ve done because I had all my paperwork. And that’s what they wanted to verify, that I kept up my end of the maintenance, which I had. They looked into it to make sure my stuff was right. They told me to keep all my receipts which I did and everything went smooth. They educated me enough in case something happens. I was very satisfied with it.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We are glad we were able to make the premiums comfortable on your budget. Rest assured we will be here for you when you need us.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I was looking for auto warranties and ProtectMyCar was the first to give me response. I called in when I got the flyer and talked to one of their agents who set everything up. I had no problem submitting a claim and it was all good. I take the vehicle into the shop and they handle the claim from there. As long as ProtectMyCar all pay them, I'm all right. Paying for the warranty is real easy and they take it out of my checking account every month. My overall experience has been very good and helpful.

Factual basis uncertain

I recently had my truck repaired and in accordance with my contract with USCG certain portions of the repairs should have been covered. My claim was denied. My truck has had a snow plow on it since I owned the truck and when I entered into the repair contract with USCG. While discussing my claim with a USCG representative he mentioned that my truck has a snow plow on it and that was a modification and that would be grounds for a claim denial. So now it became evident that they would deny any repair claim now and in the future due to their interpretations of a modification to a vehicle. So USCG should not have entered into any such contract with me if this is the case. They have accepted my payments and would continue to do so in the future. I consider this business operation fraudulent and a scam. I am reporting this as a warning to others so they will be cautious to enter into a repair contract with USCG.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar seemed to be the most affordable warranty, so I went with them. Purchasing the warranty was easy. I called them up and talked to a representative. I filed one claim, took the vehicle in, and discovered it needed a new engine. I let ProtectMyCar know, but it was five months after the car being in the shop and me threatening to file a Better Business Bureau complaint because they weren't going to fix it that they finally sent an inspector out there. They put a used engine in there, and now the check engine light’s on and I'm about to have to file another claim that they'll probably try to get out of.

In addition, when I was getting ready to file a complaint because they were taking so long, they tried to tell me that I might not have gotten an oil change. They say, "We cover this, but we don't cover that," and that’s not what it says in the policy that they gave me. There are all kinds of disclaimers that go along with the warranty that they didn't tell me when I was buying it. I hope they deliver on the promise that they gave. I purchased the warranty to have peace of mind knowing that my daughter would be in a vehicle and that if it broke down whenever she goes to college, she could take it to any shop that she needed to and get it repaired. And, that’s not the case. It was a difficult experience.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for those comments. We appreciate them very much.

Thanks again for your comments

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I was happy with how ProtectMyCar processed my claim on my radiator. I have had them for a long time now and I like that they've broken down my payments and it has helped me out a lot. They also gave me a little booklet to tell me what's covered and what's not, and I've never had problems when I'm getting something fixed. I've been paying for it for over a year now, and I'm comfortable with my payment terms. And if my payment doesn't go through, I'm glad that they'd call and let me know.

ProtectMyCar.com

We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I liked that ProtectMyCar was a little bit more reasonable for down payment. I called and talked to somebody who let me know what was the down payment, the monthly payment, how many payments would I make, and how much I would get on it. I did my research a little bit and theirs came out better than the other ones. When I filed a claim because the heat in my car wasn't working and I couldn’t afford the payment, the process worked out really smoothly. I sent it to my mechanic and I had no problems with them paying. I love ProtectMyCar. It works for me just fine and I really like their customer service. They were courteous and worked with me without giving me any problems. I would recommend them to a friend.

Factual basis uncertain

My plan with ProtectMyCar comes with a free oil change in a year but the last claim we had was so bad. I filed a claim with ProtectMyCar. I got quoted one price but it was another price. It took a good little while for them to get the paperwork done and for me to get my car back. The timeframe when my car supposed to have been fixed and the part when it was supposed to be there took about two weeks when it should have been three days. The dealership went ahead and lend us their vehicle because we needed the vehicle bad. They put us in a van not at first, but later on. It was very aggravating.

I need to get my car done because my door won't slide on my van. Part of the parts would fit and then half of them wouldn't fit so they had to resend it. It was a mess. I'm trying to figure out what they cover and how long I will take. My husband needs to get to work every day and so he's just been driving it like it is. I was about to cancel the premium, but when I called, the guy talked me into keeping it. Even the dealership had a hard time getting their payment from ProtectMyCar. It's even a week after we already got our car back, they still hadn't received payment. Right now, I’m okay with it. I just want it to get the service I'm supposed to get and not get so frustrated dealing with everything.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car.Com. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I've been using ProtectMyCar for about eight months and they seem to have a really good service. They're doing a little engine work on my car and everything's good. I will recommend them to a friend.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

ProtectMyCar didn't cover the last claim that I put in. It was for the blowing fan, and it wasn't covered under my policy. But I haven't had any major problems with them. Everything seems alright, though it seems these people need to be diligent.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We are glad we were able to resolve the issues you had with the repair shop and help you with your repairs. As always, of course, please do not hesitate to call us if you need any help understanding the coverage specified in your policy. We are here to help and make sure your experience with Protect My Car.com is a positive one.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to hearing from you any time you have any questions.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

When I submitted a claim with ProtectMyCar, there was one person who I went to deal with and was trying to get excess money out the deal by telling me some lies. I checked back with ProtectMyCar and they said it wasn't true. So I went to somebody else and when I did, the whole transaction went through smoothly. I don't have any problems with ProtectMyCar and my experience with them has been pleasing, but I don't exactly know what's in the policy. Once I received my paperwork, I just scanned over it. There’s been a lot of times when a situation came up and I didn't think about ProtectMyCar. I had some brake work and rotors done which cost about $700. I don’t know if ProtectMyCar would have taken care of it or not because I don’t know if that’s in the coverage. I know that major things are such as the transmission and AC because I had my compressor done for my car, but other than those I don’t think much about anything else.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you very much for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

ProtectMyCar was the first auto warranty provider that I checked and I liked what they offered. Submitting a claim with them was a great experience. It was very easy and I had no issues. Once I called in, they told me how the claim will work. It went through the process and it was fine. ProtectMyCar was a good choice of mine and I would definitely do it again. It was a good expense.

Factual basis uncertain

ProtectMyCar is slightly over the other carriers in price. When it comes to submitting the claim, it was easy. But getting it paid was not. I've submitted claims and they were approved. But when it was time to pay, ProtectMyCar kept giving the dealership wrong credit card numbers that wasn’t going through, and none of them was approved. And it was only a few hundred dollars. Where are they getting these credit cards from if none of them are going through? They eventually got it right, but we had to keep calling them back and I had to sit there the next hour for them. It wasn’t good at all. But if they send me a copy of my benefits, that might make me a little happier if I can use something else.

Factual basis uncertain

Submitting a claim with ProtectMyCar was not difficult. I have no complaint about the last time because it was very simple. It was for an oil change. However, one week before that, there was a problem. It took a lot of time to make an argument with the technician. We've been back and forth. What happened was the auto garage people denied to talk with ProtectMyCar. They said, "No, no. We are not wasting our time. You want to solve the problem, you solve your problem. We will not help you." They are working and they're tired. That's why I decided to terminate the contract at the time. I don't like the type of the dialogue in the repair shop. It should be easier and smooth. They have to make the easiest way for communication when talking with the technician.

Factual basis uncertain

I had my transmission went out in 2014 but ProtectMyCar didn't pay a dime. That cost $3,300.00. My transmission messed up again in 2016 but it wasn’t the same thing. They paid the $600 that the part cost, but it was $1,500 in all. I did everything to see why they denied the claim but I've had enough so I dropped them. I am very upset and I'm tired of them. That is over $4,000 that I had to put out even though I had ProtectMyCar.

ProtectMyCar.com

We can not thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Based on the cost and the things that they cover, I signed up with ProtectMyCar. I have submitted claims twice and so far, there were no problems at all. I just let the dealership know that I have a warranty from ProtectMyCar and they handle it from there.

Factual basis uncertain

I saw a friend of mine who sells and leases cars. She and I sat in her office and negotiated with ProtectMyCar for the extended warranty. I bought it at 60,000 miles and I have it until 120,000 at no cancellation fee if I want to cancel. I negotiated no deductible and I’m paying a monthly bill of $60. All in all, that was pretty good. However, it was a matter of what was covered by the warranty.

When I submitted claims, some things work out well and others do not. There are certain things that you would think would be covered, but they pick and choose little bits and pieces that they will cover and will not cover. I negotiated oil changes throughout the whole period. I was doing synthetic oil and all of a sudden, they’re not going to cover synthetic oil. Now, I got a notice that ProtectMyCar is raising the cost that I’m paying every month for it, which I’m not really happy with. When I left something on in my car and it wouldn't start, I used ProtectMyCar's 24/7 roadside assistance. They responded but it took a while for someone to get to my house. The person they sent wasn't a high-quality person, but that was okay. He jumped the car and got it done.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Whenever I take my car in to get repaired, I'd see if the repair’s covered or not. If it is, then ProtectMyCar would take care of it, minus the deductible. It's a pretty easy process and I usually do the claim over the phone.

ProtectMyCar.com

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I was told ProtectMyCar was going to be a little cheaper so I decided to go with them. It was easy to make payments for the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My dealership submitted my claim and it was fairly easy. I'm satisfied with ProtectMyCar.

Factual basis uncertain

I had a bad experience with ProtectMyCar. I have an ’05 Mercury SUV and its transmission went out. It cost me $2,400 and all they did was pay $1,980. I am not satisfied with that and I don't think the way they handled my claim was right. I’m still with them, but I have no reason to recommend them.

ProtectMyCar.com

We thank you for your comments. We very much regret that problems occurred with the shop's repair of your vehicle. We use the same suppliers that dealers and shops use and count on the supplier and the repair shop to inspect the parts before installing them. We warrant those parts for 12 months or 12,000 miles. It is unfortunate that the shop chose to install the defective parts. We are glad we got that repair done correctly for you and reimbursed you for the expenses.

Thanks again for your comments

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My experience in filing a claim through ProtectMyCar was a little different. At first, it was difficult because they told me that I could take it to any shop when I was trying to get an oil change. But not everybody takes ProtectMyCar or the credit card over the phone. And then, all of a sudden, I found out that my transmission went out on my car, and I was having a little bit of problem with that. The first time, they sent a bad transmission. And it was taking a while, so I ended up having to pay for a rental car. And for that, they give you a certain amount a day, and that's what I used. They did reimburse some of my money back. So it was a hit and miss. I didn’t think that I would be paying as much as I did and it took longer than I expected it to, but it was okay. It did save me some money.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I was looking for an extended warranty for my car. I did a normal research on the internet and found ProtectMyCar. There were good and bad reviews on them but I tried not to focus on negative stuff because every case is different. I always want to look at the positive and perspectives of the good things. But one of the things that grabbed my attention was the fact that the mileage on my vehicle was very high and I couldn't find any other provider. There was another company there but they were a little bit more expensive than ProtectMyCar.

ProtectMyCar's customer service and the representative that I spoke with were very good. They've been taught well. They've also been very attentive every time I called and questions have been answered. I've already taken my car in for service and everything was taken care of. Even the service dealership that I took my car to were amazed with the response and how everything was treated. So overall, they've done a great job.

ProtectMyCar.com Company Profile