4.0/5 (392 ratings)

Endurance Auto Warranty

Endurance Warranty

View Pricing

About Protect My Car

Protect My Car is a premier vehicle service contract provider that states its goal is to “change the game” with advisors who place the customer first and help minimize uncertainty from unexpected costly repairs. The company aims to provide a hassle-free claims process and ongoing customer service.

Find Extended Auto Warranties near you

Pros

• All services provided by Protect My Car employees
    • In-house claims process for smoother experience
    • Free oil changes and tire rotations with all policies

Cons

• Does not cover preexisting conditions
    • Not available in AK, CA, HI, MO, OK or WA

Bottom Line

Protect My Car warranties cover vehicles up to 20 years old with up to 200,000 miles and include flexible payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can transfer the policy if you choose to sell your car.

Top Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Verified

It has been a pleasure to work with the reps. They are kind, courteous and informative. Submitting claims has been quick. They have been right on it. They work with you. The quali...

Verified

I did a little research and I found out that Protect My Car was the best value for the money so I went with them. They explained what the contract was all about. They told me how ...

What is Protect My Car?

Protect My Car is a vehicle service contract provider that has multiple coverage plans to help meet any need and budget. Once you become a Protect My Car customer, you work directly with the company for customer service, claims administration and contract financing. You don’t have to work with a middleman or seek third-party approval for repairs.

Protect My Car payment

Coverage plans are available on the company’s website or by contacting a Protect My Car advisor. The process begins with a free quote. Protect My Car has plans with and without deductibles.

We received example quotes for coverage for a 2018 Honda Civic:

• For a Supreme plan for a Civic with low mileage (e.g., 30,000 miles), we were quoted $91.15 per month for 48 months, with a $99 down payment and a $100 deductible.
    • For a Select plan for a Civic with average mileage (e.g., 75,000 miles), we were quoted $98.48 per month for 48 months, with a $99 down payment and a $200 deductible.
    • For a Driveline plan for a Civic with high mileage (e.g., 175,000 miles), we were quoted $120.39 per month for 48 months, with a $99 down payment and a $200 deductible.

Protect My Car has a 30-day money-back guarantee. This is standard among extended auto warranty companies and lets you cancel your plan in the first 30 days. This is helpful in case you decide that a car warranty isn’t right for you.

Because Protect My Car is a direct provider, it can work directly with you to come up with a payment plan.

Protect My Car coverage

Protect My Car has coverage plans: Supreme, Select and Driveline. Your available plan options will vary based on your car’s mileage. Each plan comes with 24/7 roadside assistance, free oil changes and free tire rotations.

• Supreme is the company’s most comprehensive plan and is available for vehicles with lower mileage. The company advertises this plan as the closest thing to a manufacturer’s warranty; it covers components including high-tech electrical parts and the turbocharger. The plan has a $100 deductible, after which Protect My Car pays 100% of all covered repairs.
    • Select is a midlevel plan for vehicles with average mileage. It covers components of the engine, transmission, drive axle, steering, air conditioning and heating, front and rear suspensions, fuel system, brakes, cooling system and electrical system. Protect My Car pays 100% of covered repairs after you pay a $200 deductible.
    • Driveline is designed for vehicles with higher mileage and up to 20 years old. It covers the engine, air conditioning and heating, transmission, fuel system, electrical system, cooling system and drive axle.The company pays 100% of all covered repairs after a $200 deductible.

Once you sign up for a plan, you have to wait 30 days, drive 1,000 miles and make the first month's payment before making a claim, although roadside assistance is available immediately. The roadside assistance benefit includes fuel delivery, tire changes, tow services, vehicle lockout services and emergency jump-starts.

Protect My Car does not offer coverage for vehicles in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Missouri, Oklahoma or Washington.

Protect My Car FAQ

What does Protect My Car cover?

Protect My Car offers three vehicle service contract plans. These plans pay for repair or replacement of covered parts (including labor) after a mechanical breakdown. The repair must take place at a facility with certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).

Who owns Protect My Car?

Crestview Partners, a private equity firm, acquired Protect My Car in September 2018.

How do I cancel a Protect My Car policy?

You can cancel a Protect My Car policy by calling the company. You may be required to fill out a cancellation form and send it to Protect My Car. If you cancel within the first 30 days, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, you will receive a prorated refund, minus claims paid and an administrative fee. Keep in mind that if you sell your car, you may be able to transfer your policy to the new owner. Call Protect My Car if you want to transfer the contract.

Is Protect My Car legit?

Protect My Car is a good option for extended auto warranties. Even if the extended auto warranty for your specific car isn’t the cheapest option available, the company offers flexible payment options. Its plans offer a wide variety of coverages that will please most customers. Overall, Protect My Car is a solid choice for those seeking an extended car warranty.

Protect My Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Protect My Car is good. I got off with a bumpy start, but it's understandable. It was my first time filing a claim. It was for the CV axle. They needed me to send in proof that I maintain my car. It was so stressful because the place that I took it to, which is supposed to be a big place, Big O Tires, didn’t put mileage on the paper so my car wasn’t being fixed. I’m a full-time student, and I was without a car for a while. I had to go back to the place to tell them they didn’t put the mileage. They had to write out something with their letterhead showing that one of their employees messed it up and didn't put the mileage on there, that I brought my car there to get fixed. I felt they were not trusting my word.

When I filed a claim the second time, I didn't have any issues. I didn’t have to go through anything. The people there messed up, but they didn't stress me out. The shop called in the claim, spoke with someone and got an authorization but found something else and fixed it, too then called back. They took three weeks going back and forth but Protect My Car went on and paid for it.

I got my payment set up for auto pay before the date that I wanted it. I wanted them to take it out on the 1st, but my due date is due at the end of the month. They won't change it. I don't like that I have to keep calling instead of them being able to change it to the 1st. That wasn't explained to me when I got it. If it would have been explained to me, I would have waited till the 1st to call back because I knew that that's the day I wanted it.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any delay that you experienced. We do keep with industry-standard coverage requirements. These requirements are that every customer maintains and services their vehicles following the manufacturer's guidelines, with verifiable receipts. During your policy purchase, this information is addressed in the Recap and outlined in your policy booklet. We are delighted to have been able to help you with the repair of your vehicle. And look forward to being there for you when you need us. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our Loyalty department at 844-556-4762. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Protect My Car contacted me, so I asked them a bunch of questions, what they all cover, and explained to them at the time that my husband was laid off. We were on a fixed income. Protect My Car cost more, but it covers more. They had more local places that they covered. And they said, "We are rated number one. We got an A in the Better Business Bureau." But when I checked it out, I confirmed that they got an A, but it wasn't by the Better Business Bureau. It was just an A on there. Because usually, the BBB has their way of giving A's. My husband looked up that part, and I had explained to him. But the BBB didn't give them that A.

But all in all, the sales representative was friendly. He gave me his personal number and canceled our CarShield for us. We were trying to get out of payments and not have anything. Money was tight when we were trying to send out our bills. But the outcome would have been either way. It's still cheaper than CarShield was as far as to get the car fixed. If we had any issues, they covered more issues than CarShield did and that would help us financially when it's time to get the car fixed. We won't have to pay as much in the thousands and stuff because we live from week-to-week kind of family. We're old people and week-to-week with a ADHD grandchild that will be 12 in December.

We get so many free oil changes through Protect My Car and I'm about to see if that works because I just got an oil change when we started them. And they offer so many free oil changes through different places and it happens to be one of the places we go to. So, I'm gonna see if that part works here soon. But so far, it has been a good experience. The one that gave this great sales pitch, I have his direct line and who to contact if there were any problems or issues.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Apparently, I'm supposed to be grandfathered in to where I receive paper statements. Because they went straight to just paying online without a reminder of a physical statement that my payment is due. I asked a couple of months back as well, and I would call into where their automated system told me that my payment is past due. And when I signed up, I told them I would like it later. But that wasn't doable.

So, I end up having to pay it a little later, but not because I don't know I have a payment. It's just I don't get a statement. And I am one that has to look at all my statements. I sit down and pay them all off at the same time when I get paid. So, I did request it. They saw it somewhere in there that I was grandfathered in, that I can receive paper statements, and they were going to activate it. I am yet to receive them. So, I’m not happy about that. It would be nice to have a little more detail of what little things that I might be missing that I could be taking it in for that is covered. Most people who are really good with it would understand it more. But I don’t know what portion is or isn’t. I always have to ask.

Other than that, I enjoyed the free oil changes. That part was different from my other warranty. So when I told somebody else about it, they couldn't believe it. Even places where I've taken the vehicle to, and I tell them, “Can you authorize with the insurance because I can get a free oil change?” They're puzzled. “Just give them a call.” I usually take the cars to one or two places only, the actual dealership or an automotive place. They have my information now. It's easy now because I just let them know I'm utilizing my warranty.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. Our apologies for the inconvenience with your invoices and covered components list. A specialist reached out but was not able to contact you, so please call Customer Loyalty for further assistance. We are glad you are with us and will continue to work hard to meet and exceed your expectations. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: March 3, 2022

When Protect My Car cold-called me, they didn't say anything disparaging about their competitor. They were very professional on the phone and very patient when I had questions. Their customer service was excellent and my salesman was great. He explained the coverage. When you read the contract, it's super crystal clear what they will and will not cover. If they know you're coming and it's not ready within a certain time, they go ahead and spring for a rental. What I love is they have a transferable warranty. They also take the car higher up in mileage than most providers do. They also offer towing and roadside service. They only offer a couple of times, and after that, it's a prorated charge.

The other thing is I'm a veteran and they gave me a veteran rate. They have never been nasty to me. When I brought it, I had gone my mileage level, and about two months later my little check engine light would pop on and off. I took it right up and called them. I told them I was having trouble with the power window. My mechanic called immediately to find out what was and wasn't covered. To do that power window would have been about 700 bucks between the labor and the parts. I had to pay my 200 and they covered $430 on my window. That's savings right there. I've already gotten one year's worth of my payment.

On my Protect My Car, they also provide me my oil changes. I do full synthetic and they pay for the full change. I called the mechanic the other day to say I was taking it in because of the master sensor. When he did the work on the sensor, I told him we were not going to put Protect My Car through all those little parts that I know they don't cover from having another sensor changed about a year ago. I asked them if they cover CVT and they said yes. I like the fact that Protect My Car has secondary mechanics. If they feel that the mechanic is not going to fix, they're going to recommend where you take it to get the best fix. They have master mechanics that will come to any shop where your car is, if they want to re-check what they're doing to make sure you're not getting hosed by the mechanic. You have a second pair of eyes looking at your vehicle and you know they're going to go for the best repair to maintain the cost.

My mechanics love Protect My Car. They say they're the easiest of everyone to work with. I pay $68 every month to have my premium and pay the $200 deductible. Protect My Car does the parts and labor as long as it's not a wearable part. They encourage you to maintain your car and they do that by offering the oil change. I feel very fortunate that my mechanics feel comfortable calling them. They don't feel that they're going to be put on hold for 50 years. Protect My Car works with the mechanic to see what they can cover and how much. They try to cover as much as possible within reason. Their car information and their folder are very clear and concise. It's very open. They're transparent with the consumer.

I'm a very satisfied customer. Protect My Car is oriented to the customer and to the driver. I told a friend she needed to get Protect My Car and she called them immediately and got them. Another incentive that they offer is for every person you bring them, they offer you a gift card of $100 and they're really good on that. I have gotten five or six people in there. The only thing that I don't like about them is you can't do work on a Sunday.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5-stars! Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is one of our most important goals, and we are very glad to have been there for you with your repairs. Best of all, we will be there again when you need us. Additionally, we strive to be the most transparent company in the industry, and we will work diligently to be as clear and concise as you need. We also understand it can be frustrating that Protect My Car is not open on Sunday; however, most facilities would not want to start on larger repairs until a Monday, but we do offer reimbursement for smaller emergency repairs issues that occur outside of our normal business hours. . Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out. We appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions from our valued customers. Thank you again for your comments.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

My truck is old so the mileage is way past my manufacturer's warranty. I went with CarShield, but what they offered was lubricated parts on the vehicle and they charged me the same price for the best coverage they had that would cover everything on somebody else's vehicle. I used it for a little bit but I figured it was just a waste of money and for some coverage. I was looking online and then I saw Protect My Car and I decided to try it out. For my truck, which is over 10 years old and has over 246,000 miles on it, they still cover everything that has gone wrong with it, so I've been very happy with them since then.

When I go to a mechanic, before they do a diagnostic on it, and then they let me know whatever it's gonna cost, then I give them the information for the company, and they call them. Of course, they ask the mechanic's information for the truck. After everything’s said and done and they okay it, they give me a call to let me know what my portion is, and they're gonna cover their portion, and I cover mine.

The one thing that I experienced was that there was a part on the truck that was not routine maintenance and the person said that it was not covered. I read over my policy and I called back. I explained that whoever’s told the mechanic that it wasn't covered was wrong. The guy had to research what I was talking about. He apologized on behalf of the other person and that's what got fixed.

The only thing was that when I was trying to get the door handles fixed on my Nissan, they didn't accept it ‘cause it wasn't covered. It was considered as cosmetic. They didn't call me about it. I’ll appreciate it if when I take my car to a mechanic and it’s something not covered, they should at least give me a courtesy call about it. But whatever they covered, they covered. I recommended it to my mother and she uses it too.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for the 5-stars and for choosing Protect My Car. We are glad you are with us, and as you pointed out, most older, high-mileage cars simply do not qualify for any coverage with most companies. Obviously, those are the vehicles that are most likely to suffer a mechanical breakdown and that is why we developed our Ambassador plans. We will continue to work hard to make sure we meet and exceed your expectations and we apologize for the unsatisfactory claims experience. Also, we appreciate your suggestion for a courtesy call regarding non-covered items. That is great feedback and will be forwarded to Protect My Car management for further review and consideration. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Loyalty. Thank you for being a valued Protect My Car customer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I don't know who wrote these reviews, probably company's members... They don't even have proper contact number, app like any other insurance company, when you call them takes hour to reach them, and when comes to repair, they don't approve... I spoke with major auto services and they confirm that company doesn't cover major repairs, they simply find the way to avoid it...

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations and apologize for any inconveniences you feel you have been put through. Protect My Car makes every effort to assist customers with repairs to their vehicle, so there are seldom any issues with approving claims. Protect My Car terms of coverage require that our customers maintain and service their vehicles in accordance with their vehicle manufacturer's guidelines. It is very important to maintain all services needed to keep your vehicle in proper working order. After completing a thorough evaluation of your account, it was found that your vehicle had a preexisting long-term transmission leak and was not properly maintained. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. If you would like more information, please contact Customer Service at (435) 513-3145. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST and Saturday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm EST

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

This protection program has saved me in so many ways. All older cars should have this coverage. My air conditioner went out and they replaced it no problem. Then the blower went out and they replaced that too. I also get free oil changes and tire rotations with this program.

Protect My Car response

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. Folks with older, higher mileage vehicles find it almost impossible to get qualified for coverage with most companies. Protect My Car is always happy to help. The coverage saves you on qualified repair costs, provides towing, roadside assistance and even pays for oil changes and tire rotations, all at an affordable monthly premium. We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I signed up with Protect my car hoping to get coverage on my 2006 Chrysler 300C. When I signed up this car had minimal car repair needs. Unfortunately when I started to have issues is when they started to find excuses. A reputable Transmissions company Budget Transmission told them 2 months ago there was an issue with the transmission. There were bad codes. Because the car ride good when the inspector came to their shop he said the Transmission was Ok. When my car broke down in the highway last month because of a dead Alternator they refuse to allow that repair.

When AAMCO transmission for the same issues with the code readings in addition to slippage with the gears they completely went out of their way to ignore the problems but found more excuses on why they won't honor the warranty. I have the Ambassador Elite contract. $113.00 a month. I want my money back. If protect my car is not going to honor the warranty then refund the past 3 months. Just for the record I have cancelled this contract for lack of service. My cancel confirmation number is ** dated 4/21/22.

Protect My Car response

We understand your frustrations, however, Protect My Car does not mislead customers nor have unethical business practices. One of our specialists reached out but was unable to contact you, regarding your review. Please contact me at 435-513-3145 so that I can provide further assistance, as needed. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I got the best package at a discounted low rate. Customer service is friendly, professional, helpful and easy to reach. I have yet to file any claims, I will update my experience if I do. I feel completely secure knowing I have them as backup. They were highly rated on reviews and the BBB.

Protect My Car response

Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, oil Changes, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind. Best of all, when you do have a problem, it’s nice to know that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits, and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. Thank you so very much for your comments.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Purchased a 2016 Chevy Tahoe, used, in June of 2022 from a local Subaru dealer and added PMC warranty a short time later. In October 2022, my wife experienced the RPM's flaring and the transmission shifting erratic. Made an appointment and dropped the vehicle off at a local Chevrolet dealer to evaluate and gave them our PMC information. They determined there was metal in the fluid of the transmission from an internal failure of components in the transmission and the unit would require replacement. PMC was notified and arranged to have an inspector confirm the findings, which was done and the findings confirmed by their inspector.

This began a weeks long back and forth on the part of PMC to find a way out of paying the claim, requesting our Bill of Sale, maintenance records (None other than and invoice from a local tire distributor who replaced 2 tires and performed an alignment) which we did not have as we had only recently purchased the vehicle. Our selling dealer claimed the only maintenance THEY had performed was an oil and filter change and a State Safety Inspection and Emission Inspection which the vehicle passed and had no other records available and the previous out of state owner would not provide. The vehicle was NOT due for any Factory Recommended Maintenance due by mileage at this time. The records requested were provided as asked.

PMC then began their quest to find a means of denying coverage for the next 2 weeks. They noticed on our Bill Of Sale that at the time of purchase, we purchased a Powertrain Only warranty the dealer was offering so we would have SOME protection while we explored other coverage options. We opted to start coverage with PMC, as the coverages offered were more inclusive than simply Powertrain. We then contacted our selling dealer about cancelling the Powertrain policy we had purchased, but were told we would be unable to do so, as the purchase of that policy was part of our vehicle loan yet picked up PMC's warranty as a supplement that offered more complete component coverage.

They used that coverage as their basis to deny our claim even though NO CLAIM had been initiated with the other company, citing a paragraph on Page 14 of their contract book that DOES NOT apply as an "Exclusion". The paragraph references "Prior repairs" covered by a "Third Party", which DID NOT apply, as there had been NO "Prior Repair" to anything on the vehicle in the time we've owned it, and NO claim initiated with ANY "Third Party" for the transmission repair. ALSO. NOWHERE in their contract does it prohibit a vehicle owner from HAVING an additional contract(s) with another company other than PMC. The PMC representatives obviously do NOT understand the terms of their own contract. They then indicated that I was bound to file my claim with the other warranty company ( Most likely so they could use THAT as a basis to deny my claim.

We DID, at that point, initiate a claim with the other company, who quickly sent an inspector, reported to them at which point, they approved our claim, the dealer ordered the transmission and we had the vehicle back a week later. THIS after being jerked around by PMC for nearly a month while to "protect" you or your vehicle in any way trying to figure out a way to avoid paying a claim they had NO basis to deny. SO... a warning to "Consumers"... PMC is NOT who you want to spend your money with expecting to "Protect" you OR your car as they are a typical insurance company who will work diligently to find a way to deny coverage when its THEIR turn to pay. You need to expect this from a company that is VERY hard to contact by phone (Expect 1/2 hour+ "Hold" times) and doesn't Affairs...

Protect My Car response

“While Protect My Car (hereinafter “PMC”) regrets to hear our former customer’s experience., PMC’s Management team, upon receipt of this complaint, had one of our supervisor’s (E.K.) reach out to our former customer to see if there was anything further PMC could do in an effort to assist him. Our former customer stated the following: “Thank you for reaching out, but unfortunately, it’s too little, too late.” As a result, PMC understands our customer’s frustration in regard to his claim, but PMC ultimately was trying to figure out why our customer would not file a claim with the warranty that he obtained when he first bought the vehicle, which was only a couple of months ago. PMC was not only doing our due diligence but was also trying to get our customer to understand that “Fidelity” (his other warranty) should be responsible for replacing his Transmission since the vehicle was purchased not too long ago. As it stands, our former customer is no longer an active customer, and no further payments will be processed on his account.”

Protect My Car Company Information

2005
      570 Carillon Parkway
      Saint Petersburg
      FL
      protectmycar.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: