4.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans to cover your oil changes, tire rotations, and other regular maintenance expenses and our extended auto warranty plans. Protect My Car offers extended auto warranty plans for vehicle's that are a 2001 or newer, and have up to 150,000 miles, so your vehicle remains covered far beyond your manufacture's warranty plan. Our extended auto warranty plan cover the cost of your mechanical failures, all repairs are covered on our corporate credit card account, so your only out of pocket expense is your $100 deductible. All of our extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down, or runs out of gas. We will also provide a rental car for you for all repairs that will take 4 hours or more to preform.

If your vehicle has more than 150,000 miles on it, do not hesitate to call because you will still qualify for discounted repairs where your saving you an average of 25% per repair, these plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, and rental car coverage. Call today for more information on our Ambassador maintenance plans.

Once you purchase an extended warranty or an Ambassador maintenance plan our Claims Adjustor's will help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Our number one priority is to provide you with the level of coverage you need! Call today for a free no obligation quote.

Our customers set up their contract using our no fee payment plan allowing for small monthly payments to be made for as long as 24 - 36 months making our coverage affordable for everyone. With our no fee payment plan the cost for real coverage is less than $2 per day. Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30 day money back guarantee!

Protect My Car Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

1950 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have had Protect My Car for about a year now and it has been well worth it. I had one claim and Protect My Car handled it impeccably. The roadside assistance sent a tow truck to pick my vehicle up very quickly. They towed my vehicle to the mechanic I chose. All I had to do was pay the deductible. They communicated with the mechanic to get the repairs done as fast as possible. The claims representative let me know the process and kept me updated. The process was quick, efficient and easy. I would absolutely recommend Protect My Car to all!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Thanks again for your comments.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Wow I am so impressed with the customer service from Protect My Car. They helped me come up with a plan that fit my budget. I am on a fixed income but I have a friend that saved thousands by having their warranty. The representative was friendly and knowable but not aggressive like other companies.

Protect My Car response

Thanks so much for those comments. We know how difficult it is to pay for repairs while on a tight budget. That is one reason we encourage our agents to do everything they can to make the premiums affordable. We are very glad our staff was able to assist you in getting the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I cannot begin to give enough praise and high fives to the UNITED SERVICE CONTRACT GROUP/ProtectMyCar.com employees Mary ** and Harold **. They both turned my horrible day back around to positive because of their actions concerning my warranty. Understanding the customer, listening to my problem and going out of their way to help and offer me a solution that they certainly didn’t have to do or I expected. These two are truly what ALL companies should be about. I thank them so much over and over. Spreading the word to everyone about this company!

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. We have shared your comments with Mary and Harold and "High-Fived!" them on your behalf. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I've been paying ProtectMyCar for a while. I needed to get a backup just in case because my wife and I Grab. I figured that if I had a problem, ProtectMyCar will cover the whole deal. I only had to use them once but they didn’t pay for the whole thing. I had to pay the rest. But the customer service has been great.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and we look forward to helping you in the future when you need help.
So you will know, some states require the customer, not the carrier, to pay taxes and incidental expenses. That's why in some cases you may have to cover those costs directly.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I went with ProtectMyCar mainly because of the reviews that I got and their price. My first claim was for a radiator fan control unit which failed and was covered completely. The experience went through smoothly and was nice. I gave my ID card details to the merchant and they took care of it. I paid the deductible and everything which was on paper went well. I was very satisfied with that service and the coverage.

However, the second claim was not that great. I got the best coverage possible, but the car that I drive was not part of the plan and the claim was rejected. The car I drive has an additional component called pressurizer along with the fuel pump. It's a turbo engine and it's required for that. There was a complete assembly change and I expected at least the portion of the fuel pump, as well as that particular assembly on top of that, be covered but the whole bill was rejected and I paid out of pocket. Their reason was that my fuel pump went bad because the pressurizer went bad so they won't cover that.

Protect My Car should have covered at least the components that were listed in the listing. The technology is improving and more components are getting added to the cars. Protect My Car should upgrade coverage that way because new technology is coming. I pay the warranty monthly which was fine. I already spent a lot of payments and I'm now in a dilemma if Protect My Car is going to benefit me in the future or not. Nevertheless, Protect My Car does well. I will recommend them to my friends.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We do take suggestions seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve our service to our customers.

Thanks again for your comments and the rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I called Protect My Car, had a discussion with someone over the phone, and I liked what they offered. I had a little issue with my car and the people who worked on it took care of everything for me. I gave them my information and the number that I had, and they took care of it from there. They told me everything was taken care of and they did not have any problem at all. I'm satisfied with that entire experience as well as the rate I'm paying. I'd be afraid now not to have the warranty because I know how expensive it is to have a car repaired. I feel pretty safe with having Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Great comments, and we thank you for providing them. Good peace of mind is what this coverage is all about. We are very happy to have been able to help you with the repair to your vehicle. It really makes sense to protect yourself against these very expensive repairs.
The best part is, we are here to help you the next time you need us as well.

Thanks again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017
When I called Protect My Car, the prices were more reasonable than anywhere else we had checked with. I've called a couple times to get some information if something was covered and they have great customer service. However, I wasn't aware that I had road protection. I bought a secondary because that wasn't explained to me. Submitting a claim was easy though. It was very smooth and with no problems at all. When I took my car into the shop, the shop did everything.

Making payments was easy too. I had it taken right out of my account. We had some issues where sometimes they didn't take it out and I wasn't aware, so I would have to pay double because they didn't take it out. I don't have them anymore because they just stopped taking money out but I would definitely look into rejoining. Protect My Car is something that I would recommend to anyone with the experiences that I have had.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much. We are glad we were able to resolve the issues you had with your budget and help you with your repairs. As always, of course, please do not hesitate to call us if you need any help. We are here to help and make sure your experience with Protect My Car is a positive one.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to hearing from you any time you have any questions.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I’m driving a Mercedes and it’s never easy to have one. I purchased a warranty from Protect My Car and it’s good to have it. But by the time I got with them, they don’t cover most of the things that happened to the car. It’s easy to make payments with them, though. It comes out of my checking account every month. Their claims representatives were helpful too. I had a problem with the windows switch a long time ago, and I got it fixed. Everything went well and I’d recommend Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for those great comments. We really appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Protect My Car rates were good which was why I chose them. They took care of the claim that I filed. At first, they said the claim wasn't covered on the protection plan but an hour later, it was covered. The vehicle was fixed in a day.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Protect My Car's pricing is good but I have some reservations since. When I initially purchased the plan, they didn't go in detail with what was included and what wasn’t. I didn’t find out until after I purchased the plan and then started to have some problems with the vehicle. As I read closer into the package that they sent me, certain things that I felt should have been covered under the plan were not covered. I have some issues with the suspension flat end and the rear end and they were not covered. They just covered the engine and the transmission. I presumed from the conversations that we had, they were giving me a lot more components that will be covered but did not.

I had made some minor claims and submitting those were difficult. I had an issue with a carpet and they had to go as high as management to get those things covered. When I took my car into the shop, they told me that with this car, I should have revved up the plank closer but I wasn't informed about that when I purchased the plan. The things that I was getting them fixed and assumed they were under the plan were not. So, I wasn’t eligible for a purchase plan or rental car. Also, the customer service wasn't interested in what I had to say.

Now, I've had another bad experience with this plan and I hadn't been able to get my car fixed other than from out-of-pocket. I should have really read first what I'm getting involved in especially when it costs thousands of dollars and I should have done more research. I'm not quite satisfied with Protect My Car and they are not something that I will recommend to a friend.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to give you a better understanding of your coverage.
We do explain in detail the component coverage your vehicle is qualified for at the time you get the policy. We also provide a full 30 days to review the coverage after you purchase a policy with a full money back guarantee.
No policy, no matter who issues it, will ever cover the entire vehicle. Our policies list each and every covered component so you can see right up front what is covered and what is not covered. That is why the policy covered over $1,680 in repairs to your vehicle but could not cover the repair to the tensioner rod, as it was not a covered component.
As your vehicle ages and more miles are added it will be more and more likely that future repairs will be required. As comprehensive as the policy is, it is far more likely that future repairs will be to covered components. When that occurs and we are able to help you with those repairs, you will be very glad you had the foresight to protect yourself with this coverage.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I tried and picked the company that met my needs. Protect My Car has been willing to work with me on my payments plus the coverage that they had was somewhat better than others so I signed up with them. Their claims process was fairly easy and went smoothly, but I ended up paying for the car rental because the dealership did not put the amount of days that was actually needed to fix my car and they weren't able to get the repair done at the time they said they'll get it done. It wasn't Protect My Car's fault though. It was easy to make payments to them and their customer service was always there to help. But I hate their automated system that calls me constantly and it drove me up the wall. Other than that, they paid to get my car fixed which would’ve cost me so much more and it's still running well. The extended warranty is well worth having.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.
We do work hard to make sure this protection is affordable for everyone’s budget. It’s all part of not just doing the right thing, but doing things right for each customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I’m happy to know that I have my car covered by Protect My Car, especially because it is over 10 years old. This company called me at the right time. Their team was nice and they’re always helpful. Although there’s been a few things that weren’t covered that I thought should’ve been, submitting a claim with Protect My Car has been okay for the most part. Also, making the payments is easy because I’ve set it up on auto draft. When I got stranded in another city on the other side of the bridge, I tried to use Protect My Car’s 24/7 road assistance. I was on the phone with them for half an hour, waiting for them to get there. And then I found out that they couldn’t take me because they only gave about 5 miles and the bridge alone was about 10 miles. It was going to cost me $100 to get home. So, I just found somebody with AAA and got it done that way. That was a huge inconvenience.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that we were unable to assist with the towing more than the policy allowed. Although it is an unusual situation, we do strive to help as much as possible even in those situations.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I had a good experience with Protect My Car. My radiator went out on me and I called about it. The place where I took my car mentioned having a warranty. They offered to get me a rental but I didn’t need it. They handled everything through the warranty company and all I had to do was to go in there and pay my deductible and I went about my way. Overall, it's a great service and my experience has been easygoing.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for providing those comments, and for the stars. We appreciate it very much. We are very happy to have helped you with the recent repair and look forward to helping again when you need us.

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Protect My Car.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I did some checking around and the warranty providers all seemed to be equitable and the pricing was the same. I was a little worried about Protect My Car because they went through a couple name changes. But in the end, it seemed to be an okay outfit. The $85 payment comes out of my checking account every month. Submitting a claim with them wasn't smooth, and it was maybe more with the dealer. I have a Subaru, and the dealer didn't have the equipment to do the diagnosis. The claim was for the air conditioning, and the clutch went too and it got misdiagnosed. I ended up paying for the repair several times and putting a lot more out of pocket than I thought I would. It really kind of frosted me. The car's sitting in the driveway and I got to work up the time to go down and hassle with it again and try to get it fixed. All in all, the warranty might be good for certain repairs. But for the overall impact, I don't know if I would do it again.

Protect My Car response
Claims are processed by the claims department from the diagnosis we receive from the shop you choose to take your vehicle to. We regret that the shop provided an estimate that was not correct, but it is the shop that does the diagnostic work, not our adjusters. Anytime you find that the shop you choose to use has not done a good job, call us. We work for you, not the shop and we are happy to assist when those situations occur.
By the way, as we develop new programs and benefits, we do give those programs their own individual names, just as vehicle manufacturers give different vehicles different names. It does not mean the company is any different.

Thanks for your comments.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

ProtectMyCar had a couple of things more in their policy compared to the previous company I was with. Making payments wasn't hard at all and only takes a couple of minutes. Submitting a claim has also been okay, but sometimes they might not cover something that I thought was covered. The latest one that I submitted was for my car's hose. I did it over the phone and their claims rep was friendly. They then gave me assistance with that and they're good.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We got ProtectMyCar several years ago and they’ve covered what they said they’d cover although there have been other issues with the car that they didn’t all cover. If I didn’t like ProtectMyCar or if I was unhappy I would’ve canceled it but I haven’t had any trouble contacting ProtectMyCar in getting answers for myself. Volkswagen, however, called me once and said that they could not get a hold of anybody to talk to and they wanted to settle up. I gave them the number that I call and I never heard anything else about it so I guess ProtectMyCar got it covered. My experience with them has been good.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been good so far. Their financing played a big part in setting up with them and it worked out in my payment and budget. Making payments has been easy and if my money isn't in my account, they will call me and I would make arrangements for them to receive their payments. And as far as submitting claims, whatever work is needed on my car, I just call in. I’ve used it about three times and they paid for whatever I needed to get done. So far, they're living up to their name and I would recommend them to somebody else.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Protect My Car's price was $600 and everything they were covering seems right up my alley so I signed up. I submitted a claim for my vehicle and the dealership had already said that the motor was going out, but Protect My Car said they'll cover it but they can't do anything until the motor goes out. So we took my car off from the dealership, drove it around, a month or two later the motor went out. There's no power in the motor. The dealership called Protect My Car back and they said they'd only cover so much for the motor because they go off the value of their car. My motor was running about $8,000 they wanted to give up for and I paid the other $4,000 or $5,000.

They don't tell people when they get the insurance, the value blue book is $2,000 and the motor costs $7,000. They were only giving me up to $2,000. The issue never got resolved because they warranted $3,995 and the cheapest motor they found was about $7,000 not including $2,000 labor. So I was going to be adding more money than Protect My Car was splitting up. Also, they didn't put me in a rental car because the motor needed to be put in before they can even do a rental car. I was left without a car and I'm still without a car. Protect My Car just says, "You have no worries" and they were only good until my car broke down. I will not go through them anymore.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. As we discussed with you and as you indicated to us, the policy does clearly state that the coverage will pay up to the cash value of your automobile for any one single claim.
This is the same rule used by insurance companies in determining whether vehicle that was in an accident should be repaired or totaled. No insurance company will spend $4000 in repairing a vehicle with a cash value of $2,000. It is an industry standard.
The difference is that we will spend up to that amount on EACH repair. That is why the coverage paid out over $1,650 in the five repairs prior to the engine failure. That is far more than the premiums paid in on the policy and represents a huge saving to you in repair costs before your engine quit for good.
We are glad the policy saved you so much more than than the policy cost you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was scared of scams and I couldn't verify anyone else other than ProtectMyCar. It’s easy to make payments for the extended warranty with them. The first time I submitted a claim was great, but the car broke down again after the work they did. It was timely the second time, then I had to verify each process of the work on the car. It took them three weeks and I still haven't received the refund on my car rental. Other than that, I would definitely recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Since you did not get it, we'll resend the information on the car rental to you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

ProtectMyCar called me after I filled out my information online. It sounded like a pretty good deal that ended up not being so at all. I sent my car to the Ford dealership and this dealership sent ProtectMyCar the paperwork. ProtectMyCar originally told me it was something that wasn’t covered even though I took the policy to the Ford service manager who said it clearly was, and so he had to write them a letter. It took a while after that, and the manager said it’s ridiculous and cut-and-dry. He also said, “That’s why we steer people away from this auto market thing because you pay them, thinking you’re covered, and you’re really not.” It took them four months to get a claim taken care of that’s going to take in a week. I got frustrated and I don’t use them anymore.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. When the dealership filed a claim for the replacement of your transmission we asked that the shop provide the service records since they had previously serviced your vehicle on numerous occasions. Those records are important to help pinpoint the needed repairs. The delay in getting the claim approved was due to the dealer failing to provide those records and, as you told us, not even letting you know that the failure to provide the records is what held up the approval. That is why we tried so many times to get in contact with you. The truth was, apparently, that they did not have the service records because they never advised you to get the service done in the first place.
It turns out that dealership never advised you to perform the manufacturers recommended maintenance to the transmission. That is what contributed to the breakdown in the first place. The dealerships only response was that they consider the manufacturers recommended service timetable a "guideline" only. We would have to wonder, as should you, whether the vehicle would have broken down if you had been advised by the shop to follow the guidelines.
We often find that shops that do not advise their customers to perform recommended service are simply waiting until the vehicle fails, thus allowing the shop to charge for a far more expensive repair than simply charging for the maintenance service in the first place. It is these shops that attempt to, as you said, "steer" their customer away from using professional help.

We are glad that we got the matter resolved and paid for the repair to the transmission.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My lady had found some guy who looked for something to protect our car. Protect My Car said in between the 30 days, we just needed a tow. If the car broke down, they would provide that for us and after 30 days, we'd be good to go. If we needed any type of work done to the vehicle, it would be a $100 deductible. We can go to a certified mechanic or anywhere we choose to. And that was pretty much good.

I have submitted a claim and it was awesome. Everything's a plus with me with those guys. When I went into a dealership, I told Protect My Car what was going on. They had the dealership to call them. The dealership didn't know that Protect My Car was that good. The claims department okayed them to start the vehicle. They finished it and they charged me what the deductible was. It was pretty fast. As far as the rental car I needed, I got the paperwork for it and gave it to Protect My Car. In not even 10 days, the check was in the mail. Everybody was pretty much on top of everything. However, if it was an engine problem or something like that, then Protect My Car would have a claim adjuster to come out in excess to that and see its actual problem. But other than that, Protect My Car is pretty good.

I owed them $225 but I told them I'm gonna give it to them on Friday 'cause I have moved and my kid's going to college. Which leads me to another problem I have with them. I didn't like that they call a day before to remind about the money I owe. It's annoying. But anything else is pretty cool. Making the payment's a really easy process and the lady was really nice on the phone. I told her they should give a memo that I would be paying on Friday, so they won't keep calling. They're pretty good about all of that good stuff, so I really like them. I'm gonna tell other people about the company.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It is very important to everyone here at Protect My Car that we provide the most professional service possible. We want to end each day knowing we have helped a lot of people with vehicles problems that could have ruined not just their day but their budget for months to come. It means a lot to get comments from our policyholders that let us know we are doing just that.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I liked that the people at ProtectMyCar seemed to be amenable to my situation. My car was a turbocharger and they adjusted my policy to include that. I’ve also used ProtectMyCar’s road service.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and the great rating. We do try hard to meet individual needs and we are very glad we were ael to do that for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had a very good experience with ProtectMyCar. Their price was was within my budget so I went with them. They also worked with me because I was a veteran and gave me a special additional discount. I do direct deposit for payments and it's simple. When I had to submit a claim, I called them first to make sure I knew what I was doing. The lady told me to take my car to the dealership and to give them the number of the ID card that I have and that they'd take it from there. I just had to put my deductible down and that was it. It was very simple and easy.

The claims rep that I talked to was very helpful and friendly. They gave me fees adjustments to make it a lot simpler for me. They also helped me do what I needed to get done so when I went to get services, I was already prepared to deal with the situation at hand. When I need them, I know they’ll be there for me. I would highly recommend them to anybody who needs their services.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.
Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I submitted a claim once to ProtectMyCar and it took a while because ProtectMyCar didn’t want to pay the amount once the dealer had told them how much it was. They went back and forth and the process took a couple of days. The whole time I was still able to drive my vehicle but it really needed to be fixed right away. The attendant from the car dealer had to fight with ProtectMyCar to fix my car so it discouraged me a bit because I’m paying my money monthly and I thought things were just going to work out without a problem. Also, one time, I couldn’t open my car about a couple of months ago so I’ve called ProtectMyCar. But it was on a Saturday and they were closed. So it was a friend of mine who had AAA that helped me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.
We apologize for the delay in getting the repair completed. As we explained, a big part of any repair is to make sure the right repair is done the first time. We are glad it worked out well for you.

Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I've had an auto warranty with Protect My Car for about a year and they've fixed my car twice. The dealer submitted the claim and Protect My Car paid on time, and everything was fine. But I need my invoice and I've been telling Protect My Car to send me the invoice every month. I couldn't pay this month because I don't have an invoice. I pay everything by check and I don't pay anything online. I've been calling them repeatedly about this. They have my PO Box address and they say the invoice is on the way, but I never got it so I'm past due with my payment. I also used their roadside assistance one day but they never showed up, even though I pay for that service. I've had a very bad experience with them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We do show that invoices are going out to you. We will get in touch with you to make sure we can help in any way we can to make the process comfortable for you. That's really what this is all about.

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I sent an online inquiry and ProtectMyCar called me. Their cost is affordable and they have recurring payments that were convenient for me. When I call, their reps handle my business professionally.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

My husband is an army vet so ProtectMyCar gave us a discount. It’s the reason we chose them over different auto warranty providers. I have submitted a claim and it’s about a problem with my car window. They took a while when I went to the dealership, but they were able to get everything they needed to fix my window. I paid $100 for the parts.

The claims process was easy enough. It was the gentleman at the car dealership who did it. I call them every month to make payments since I didn’t give them permission to take the money directly out of my account. Looking back, I did attempt to submit a second claim. It was a bit disappointing for me to find out from the mechanic that it wasn’t covered. I never heard from ProtectMyCar about it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair. We took a look to see what may have occurred with the second repair. It does not appear that the shop ever called in a claim. Please do not take the shops word for what is covered and what is not.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

For years I’ve had a warranty with Protect My Car for several vehicles such as the Chevy Equinox and the Chevy Tahoe. I had the insurance and I could afford it, and it was very easy for them to take my money for the warranty payments. The Volvo Sedan was under their coverage, too, and it had something that kept on leaking. But they acted like they did not want to pay for the repair work and I went through pure hell getting them to pay for it. They took care of it eventually but they didn't take care of the other things that were promised in the Platinum plan that I got from them. After all of the years that I've been with them and the thousands of dollars that I've paid them, I’ve never used them for roadside assistance, rental cars or other perks and they put me through such difficulty with the sedan. I was disgusted and very dissatisfied with the experience I had with them. Also, they kept changing their name and coverage and I felt like I've been scammed. I will never again associate myself with a company like Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you found no benefit in having the policy. The only claim you filed was for the replacement of non-covered components which is why the policy could not help you.
The policies are mechanical break down policies. That means that the policy will over listed components that break down, not things that simply wear out.. No policy covers wear and tear items, like gaskets, tires, spark plugs or other similar items that wear out as they are intended to do.
While we fully understand how difficult it can be on a tight budget to handle regular maintenance costs and replacement of wear and tear items, remember that you can see these repairs coming as things wear out. You can almost never see an unexpected break down coming. That is the purpose for this coverage. It covers the unexpected break downs that will eventually occur.
We hope that on reflection you will see that the policy can significantly protect you when a break down occurs.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I’m in the car business so I know a lot more about the warranties. I’d spoken to a rep before when the company was still called Solace. When we got to ProtectMyCar, I ended up talking to him again, and the relationship that he and I had, as well as the pricing, absolutely made me choose them. I had one claim and for the most part, it was fine. I needed an air compressor for my car, a Mercedes. ProtectMyCar reps found the part, they sent it to Mercedes, and Mercedes put it on. It was a lot cheaper than what it would’ve cost me if I was strictly with Mercedes. The warranty was there for me when I needed it, like how it’s supposed to be, so that’s all that matters to me. They were good and I’ve already been recommending ProtectMyCar to friends.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My husband has Protect My Car on his car and he told me about it. The only problem I had was the last claim. Instead of waiting for the invoice from the mechanic they paid him based on what they were told verbally. The problem with that is it turned out that the mechanic never did the work he was supposed to do on my car which resulted in my car in having more problems.

I'm on the dealership now. I have no car and I haven't been able to drive since June 17th because it turned out the timing belt, the stuff that they paid for, they never verified the work was done. It turned out the mechanics send the invoice after they paid them but they never verified the work. It turned out the work that was supposed to be done wasn't done on my car. And now, my car has more problems to the point where my engine is sitting on my seat because it turns out the mechanic did not only do the work properly but he caused more damage to it. I don't understand why they couldn't make the mechanic pay them back, and then cover my car because it's not my fault. I'm gonna need a new engine because the work wasn't done properly. And then, they're not covering so I have no car. Some people want to know where my car is parked on the side of the road, when it could have been avoided.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. We do not ever pay a claim without first receiving a final invoice for the work performed. The shop you chose to go to did provide that final invoice. We paid the invoice so that you could get your vehicle back from the shop without delay. We do understand that the shop did not complete the repair on the timing belt as they promised to do and as they indicated had been done. Once a vehicle is put back together there is no way to verify that the work was performed as promised without tearing down the vehicle again. We cannot and do not make policyholders go through that.
This was an unusual situation and we regret that the shop has put you through it.

We will be more than happy to assist in any way we can in any claim against the shop. We will stay in touch with you on this.

Protect My Car Company Information