Call toll free
4.10/5
Based on 375 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Protect My Car provides coverage for your vehicle by offering both maintenance plans to cover your oil changes, tire rotations, and other regular maintenance expenses and our extended auto warranty plans. Protect My Car offers extended auto warranty plans for vehicle's that are a 2001 or newer, and have up to 150,000 miles, so your vehicle remains covered far beyond your manufacture's warranty plan. Our extended auto warranty plan cover the cost of your mechanical failures, all repairs are covered on our corporate credit card account, so your only out of pocket expense is your $100 deductible. All of our extended auto warranty plans include 24/7 Roadside Assistance, which can be used for tow services when your vehicle breaks down, or runs out of gas. We will also provide a rental car for you for all repairs that will take 4 hours or more to preform.

If your vehicle has more than 150,000 miles on it, do not hesitate to call because you will still qualify for discounted repairs where your saving you an average of 25% per repair, these plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, and rental car coverage. Call today for more information on our Ambassador maintenance plans.

Once you purchase an extended warranty or an Ambassador maintenance plan our Claims Adjustor's will help you every step of the way with a hassle-free claims process. Our number one priority is to provide you with the level of coverage you need! Call today for a free no obligation quote.

Our customers set up their contract using our no fee payment plan allowing for small monthly payments to be made for as long as 24 - 36 months making our coverage affordable for everyone. With our no fee payment plan the cost for real coverage is less than $2 per day. Call today and activate your policy with as little as $99 down. All customers have a full 30 day money back guarantee!

Protect My Car Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2120 Protect My Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 3, 2018

Okay guys, so I'm going to give them 2 stars, because in the end, I truly think they were trying to get it resolved for me. But let me tell you, I'd gotten to the point where I was so angry, I'd begged the rep at Ford (you know the guys who are in the little booths when you pull up, the ones who write you up?? That guy.) to ask if he could take 10 minutes off so we could duke it out in the back. And 20 minutes later, I'd started to actually cry due to anger and due to not being able to smash someone's face in, which was ABSOLUTELY WARRANTED. Not a violent guy but hey, when ALL ELSE fails, literally, what are you left with?

Let's say you contact the police? Here in Palm Beach, they're evil and COMPLETELY USELESS SOBs anyway and they would have referred to it as a civil matter, which was technically correct. But not until they'd had my arms and legs sprawled out on the hood, my walled out and my ID being run for hopefully something to get me on. Never happen jerkies, I'm clean! So going back to my story, how else do you gain that respect back when you've been ** to the point I was? Do you know how angry and frustrated one has to be to cry out of such anger as well as beg the guy to take off his work outfit just so one could get a few hard knocks in? I just wanted to smash the crap outta someone's body, that's how angry they'd ALL gotten me. Ford included. So it's not all the fault of Protect My Car, it was both parties.

And of course, they both went back and forth in blame, which is a classic "don't look at me!", 'point the finger' type of bs. Nonsense people, nonsense. So I will explain, you be the judge. In the end, I was left with 1 choice really... buy a new car. I'd spent almost 1k on a rental car for 3 weeks, which was supposed to take 1 week, and when I went to pick up my car, the balance due was way more than expected, so my only choice was to scrap it and buy a new truck. Which is what I wish I'd done from day one, after all that had happened. So here is the story...

I'd gotten the sales call just after my AWESOME Ford warranty expired. I still get these calls by the way, not just from them but other insurance companies. SUPER AGGRAVATING SO IF YOU'RE READING THIS INSURANCE COMPANIES, PISS OFF! I know they're not reading this or never going to stop but hey, worth the shot. (Ever notice how they all call from different numbers too? You block one, the same place calls back next week from another number. Argh!! STOP FRIGGIN' CALLING ME!!) The guy who sold me the plan said it was just like my extended Ford policy, which obviously it was not. When my truck needed something, Ford was all over it. It cost nothing OR after 100k miles, it was only $100 for almost ANYTHING. No questions asked, it was covered. Protect My Car claimed that it was 'bumper to bumper' coverage, not so.

Since enrolling, I'd only used them 1x for a window repair, and it worked out just fine. I'd paid into them for 2 years, $65 a month plus a downpayment. You do the math. About $1500, no big deal if your claim is covered, right? It was time to really use them for what I'd purchased the policy for. I'd gone in with about 7 things that needed repair. Oil leak, air conditioning blower had broke, a few other small things but enough to be aggravating. Then the transmission went out one day. Suddenly. So I dropped the car off and was told that none of it, except the transmission would be repaired. Fine, whatever. I rent a car, figuring I'd need it for a week. It was $30 a day plus $20 for the insurance. I knew I shouldn't have gotten the extra collision insurance, but you know how that works... if I didn't, some idiot would have smashed into me and caused me even more problems. So 3 weeks at $50 a day.

In the end, Protect My Car covered $210 or 7 days at $30. So here's what happens. Day after day passes, no transmission. They're trying to first get the claim approved. That took a week. Then they needed to find a used transmission. That took a couple of days and then when they'd finally found one, they'd sent it out (it was a 3rd party according to them.) but it'd gotten lost. So day after day passes and I'm paying for this stupid rental car and their answer is, "we're not sure where the transmission is, no-one has any information on where it disappeared to. No tracking number either, sorry." Huh? No tracking? How the heck does a transmission get lost? It's not a freakin envelope guys!!! So we waited and waited and after about a week, it did show up suddenly at Ford. Great!

So Ford contacts me, tells me it'll be done in 2 or so days. I go to pick it up and this is where it gets really fun... oh yeah. So there is an additional $500+ that I'm supposed to pay. What happened to the $100 deductible? Nah, doesn't exist. You're supposed to cover the tranny fluid, the hours it took for this, a little charge here, that whatever. They get you for little stuff. And on top of it, which is what got me so angry with Ford, Ford was trying to charge me for the time it took to confirm that the things I told them needed repair, did in fact need repair. So let me get this straight... I bring my truck in and tell you that I need a new window. You're going to then charge me to have your mechanic look at the window only to come back and tell me that I was correct, that I do in fact need a new window? WTF?? Really? Nice racket that is, eh? Thanks for charging me for what I'd already told you needed repair.

Maybe I outta get a job there, when a customer comes in, they can tell me what's wrong with their car, I can confirm it and they can pay me to confirm what they'd just told me. LOL. The manager got involved at that point and removed all the extra bs costs, she was great, absolutely great! This is the manager at the West Palm Beach Ford off Okeechobee, just a great person, helpful beyond belief. And it's a good thing she was there because someone was gonna get a good lickin' if she wasn't. It was the manager that stopped the rep from going out back with me. We were just about to go and she stepped in. I actually tried to contact her 2x after that but every time I stopped by, she wasn't there. I wanted to write a letter to Ford for her excellent problem solving skills, which is what anyone should do who is helped out by someone like her.

It's only the right thing to do and remember, folks like her do more for us when rewarded like that. So please people, if ever put in that position, even if it's something small, write a nice email or handwritten letter to their boss. Anyway, so I was standing there with a $1000 car rental bill, they wanted another $550 or so, the money I'd paid for the 2 years at $65 a month and the down payment. Was it worth it? HELL NO! The transmission, if I'd done it myself through Ford or someone else, would have been about $750 for a used transmission, $500 for the install, maybe a bit more and I'd had my truck back in 3 or so days, 5 max. You do the math.

Anyway, I'm standing here thinking, do I just turn my truck in at this point for a new one? Do I smash someone in the mouth for lying to me and ultimately screwing me over big time? Do I pay the $550 and go home and bang my head into the wall for an hour till I give myself a lobotomy? What do I do? I'm stuck... Just stuck. And stuck w/o a car!!! Good thing my dad isn't someone like John Gotti, who knows what I'd had done. It stinks when people put you in a position like that, you're just stuck and feel like you've been really taken advantage of. Now, part of this is my fault. Did I read the contract from Protect My Car at all? NOPE! Did I have someone else go over it before I signed up? NOPE! So yes, they're not the only ones at fault. I was a part of this too. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm standing there with no car and owe them over $500 plus $1000 for the rental.

In the end, the manager, the rep and a Protect My Car rep got on the phone, each of them started absorbing losses here and there to get my payment back to the $100 that it was supposed to be. So in the end, I did get my car, I only paid the $100, the manager at Ford and the rep ended up being extremely helpful and the guy who helped me out at Protect My Car was also great. So thank you. The problem is this guys... we all need to read the fine print. We also need to ask these sales bozos more questions and if something doesn't seem right, READ THAT DARN CONTRACT!!! Don't sign until you get a copy of the contract, in any situation. Problem is, they're lengthy and whose got the time?

In the end, it's the sales bozo who deserves a lot of the blame. They're sales guys, their job is the close the sale. So while I can't blame him fully, I do ask them this (and anyone who is in a similar situation). If you're too stupid to become an engineer, doctor, start your own business or become pres. of the US, yet you're in a position where you need to put food on the table for your family, don't sell your soul. You know what you're doing is crappy. If you're selling a crappy policy to people day in and day out, go back to school, learn a trade, spend your free time learning a skill, do whatever it takes to make YOU a better person, so that you're not stuck at some crappy job selling bs to unsuspecting folks. Again, I take a good part of the blame.

Sure, it would have been nice if they didn't lose the transmission for a week but that doesn't answer why the sales guy sold me a bunch of bs! For example, one of the things he says is, 'we'll cover the rental car should you need it.' Nope! They'll cover 1 week at a max of $30 a day, which is FINE, I get it, you're a company and ultimately your goal is to MAKE MONEY!!! I'm fine with that, God bless capitalism but if your product is in fact good enough to sell itself without the hidden bs, why lie? So in the end, there were some good, caring helpful folks but it should have never, ever gotten to that point in the first place! Anyway, enough of my rambling, that was my story. The irony of it all -I'm now looking to buy a new truck.

Protect My Car response

Interesting experience. Thank you for sharing

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Salesperson told me we would receive $100 gift card in the mail each month we could use on Amazon or at other stores and restaurants. This was the main reason we signed up both our cars instead of just one. Never got any cards or emails about this. Calling PMC, they tell me it's just a website that offers discounts, and they're all very weak - like 10% off a $100 gift card. The core service seems good so far, but not nearly as good of a deal as they claimed it was on the sales call.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. The discount rewards program does help discount the costs of everyday purchases. That rewards program is an added benefit, but not the main focus of the coverage we provide. For a small down payment and very reasonable monthly premiums, customers receive a wide range of benefits.
Ambassador policies provide important benefits including free oil changes, free tire rotations and a significant reduction in repair costs, anywhere up to 50% of the original estimate of repair costs. They also come with towing, and 24/7 roadside assistance and rental car benefits.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Replaced my original transmission that only lost reverse with a used transmission... Needless to say six months down the road the transmission was shot and I guess somehow the autopay failed and I owed them money to catch up my balance and I was told that I'd have to wait one month and the policy would be reinstated and it would be fixed only to be told once the month had passed that the truck had to have another thousand miles drive on it before they would repair it. Well the truck has a transmission that they sent to Ford that went completely out. Now it's been over a year. My truck is still broke. I'm on disability they knew that and that my income was limited and I got the policy due to my limited budget. These people took advantage of me and I will bad mouth this company until the day I die!!!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you feel the coverage is not assisting you. Our records show that you purchased the coverage for your 2007 F-150 with 121,000 miles on it in April, 2016. The coverage replaced your transmission in November, 2016, saving you over $4,000. It was at that point that you quit paying your premiums. Despite our attempts to contact you about the premiums, we did not hear from you again until June, 2017, when you asked about reactivating your coverage.
Our agent allowed you to reactivate your contract at your much lower old rate rather than the higher rate a new policy would have cost you. You were advised that the coverage would not cover pre-existing conditions and would cover no breakdowns during the waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles. Despite this, you agreed to the coverage and paid the outstanding premiums to date.
ALthough, as we told you at the time, the coverage could not help with the transmission, the coverage certainly could have helped with so many other repairs that could go wrong with a vehicle with the years and miles yours has. No policy, no matter who issues it, will cover pre-existing conditions and that was made clear at the time you reactivated the coverage that was seven months in arrears.
This coverage saved you $3,500 more in claims paid out than you paid in premiums. Had you kept up the premiums it would have saved you the cost of the transmission repair. Those are two pretty good arguments for having the coverage and not waiting until you have a breakdown to catch up on past due premiums.

Thanks again for your comments.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My father (Albert) is 85 years old & his memory is deteriorating. Someone from Protect My Car sold my 85 years old father is farce of a contract in January 2018 and I wasn't contacting concerning the maintenance agreement contract until May 14, 2018. I was contacted by Veronica ** and she sent me a Welcome Letter and purchase agreement. That was the FIRST RED FLAG. Since contract was purchase in Jan 2018 WHY did the customer service department wait UNTIL MAY 2018 to contact me?

I read the contract and it only covers (3) oem oil changes and (2) tire rotations for $2732. What a joke! I called customer service and asked specifically what is covered and how come covered items not listed anywhere in the contract. I was told "WE DON'T LIST COVERED ITEMS IN OUR CONTRACTS!" I asked why not??? I never got a good answer. But what is not covered is spelled out very clearly. What's covered is supposed to listed on a registration page. The registration page consists of contract holder info, seller info, vehicle info, and ambassador elite contract info but no items are listed under what is covered. Basically my father (Albert) is at the mercy of Protect My Car. It bugs me when anyone including companies take advantage of senior citizens. This contract is crap!!

Protect My Car response
( Response to your additional comments)
Thank you for your recent comments. We are happy to help you understand the coverage a little better so you can decide what is best for your situation.
First, there are literally hundreds of parts in a typical automobile. Listing each part would make the contract encyclopedia thick. What the contract says is that you cost of repair of ANY mechanical breakdown is covered. Mechanical breakdowns do not include wear and tear, like tires, brake pads, fluid flushes, wiper blades, or things that are intended to wear out over time. Mechanical breakdowns, for example, include breakdowns of your engine, transmission, A/C, alternator, master cylinder, and other components that stop working because they broke down. That is different than tune-ups, broken windshields and worn out tires. Those situations resulted from accidents, or normal wear and tear or regular maintenance. (The difference is, you can see most of that coming, but cannot predict when your vehicle will breakdown).
ANY time you have a problem with your vehicle, call us. We will give you straight up answers.
In addition to a 50% discount on mechanical repairs, the coverage pays for oil changes, tire rotations and roadside assistance and towing.
Second, you decide which shop to take your vehicle to. As long as it is a licensed facility, you can get coverage there. Dealerships, Pep Boys, and licensed independent shops are all ok (Just to name a few). if you choose to do your own oil changes, save the receipts for the purchase of the oil and filter and call us. We can reimburse you. If you have any question about the shop you choose, call us. We will call them to make sure they are licensed and able to do a proper repair (as opposed to a "shade tree" mechanic who is not licensed and cannot offer you any warranty or guarantee on their work). If your shop chooses not to accept coverage, beware of that. They may not want a professional adjuster asking about questionable repairs. Any reputable shop will be happy to accept the coverage because we pay them right over the phone with a corporate credit card.
When you can, make a list of the questions you have and call our customer service team. We will be happy to go into greater detail.
Thanks again for your questions and comments. We appreciate it very much.
(Original Response to your comments)
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond. We regret that you feel your father was taken advantage of due to his condition. That is not what we do and not what we have ever done in over 12 years of providing needed coverage to vehicle owners.
The first we were informed of his condition was your call to our customer service department in May. We would have been happy to discuss your father's situation at any time from January to May had you called to let us know of his condition.That's why we sent you the policy and payment agreement in May, after sending both to your father in January.
As far as the value of the policy, it clearly states that your father will receive 50% of on all mechanical repairs. He'll get 3 oil changes and 2 tire rotations each year and roadside assistance, even rental car reimbursements. Since your father's vehicle is over 15 years old, with over 130,000 miles on it, repairs and breakdowns are very likely to occur.
If he is still driving, despite his condition, we are sure you will not want him stuck on the side of the road after a breakdown without any help.
Before you dismiss the coverage, take a minute to review the benefits and the very low cost of the coverage (it's actually a month to month policy and the total cost over 5 years is what you put in your comments. That is simply the cost if he keeps the coverage that long).

Please call us to ask these questions so we can let you know how the policy actually works. Whether you choose to keep it will be yours and your father's decision. But get the facts first.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Please NEVER use Protect My Car! My experience with processing a claim has been one of the worst experiences. In speaking with employees of Protect My Car they ALL give you a different explanation in the “What’s next process”. My latest incident! My mechanic initial invoice was $1,703.61 which I was required to pay 50% to PMC even before the work began. Which I totally disagree with! This made no sense to me!

According to the letter that was sent when I signed up, and it states: Once they’ve finished, you’ll pay us for the repair and we will provide you a receipt with your savings included. Apparently PMC were able to get a better price for me. After all they are in MY corner. The final charges on my repairs came to $1,488.11. So, I did my math! If, 50% of $1,703.61 is $851.58 which I paid and 50% of $1,488.11 is $744.05 then, it would leave a difference of $107.53 and being an Ambassador Plan Member, PMC was able to save me money, RIGHT? NO! Not for this member.

According to the same letter mentioned above, it states: Being an Ambassador Plan Member puts a licensed mechanic in your corner for a change. IF the price for your repair are too high, your Ambassador Plan Advisor will get you a better price, period. You would think GREAT right?! NO! Great for PMC, not for you! I spoke with Dillon and he had the nerve to tell me, "We don't owe you any money!" I agreed to the $1,703.61 and if they did NOT negotiate to get a lower price, I would have had to pay the $851.58 plus the difference of what the facility charged. I told Dillon, that was a bunch of hog wash!

If when the mechanic submitted the initial invoice was too high, then PMC was supposed to negotiate at that time to get me a lower quote! PERIOD! I told him, as a customer of PMC, I am paying PMC to have my best interest in place. You are being paid to negotiate the best price possible. After all that is what your letter states! I then, asked to speak with a supervisor. His response to me was, "The supervisor is going to tell you the same thing I told you!" I told him that it was unprofessional to tell me what a supervisor is going to tell a customer! I would NEVER recommend PMC to my family or friends! PERIOD!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to respond to give you a better understanding of your coverage.
You are correct. The coverage reduces your repair cost by 50% of the original estimate. That's why you only had to pay $851.58 on a repair the shop estimated at over $1,700. That reduction is made possible by negotiating repair costs (which lowered the original estimate by $215) and making up the difference in cash.
We hope that upon reflection you will agree that paying $850, rather than having to pay $1,700, makes a lot of sense.
The bottom line is that you saved more than $850 off their original estimate. That is more that twice what you paid in policy premiums on just this one repair. That does not even include the savings on oil changes, road side assistance and rental car reimbursements available without additional cost through the coverage.

We are glad the policy worked so well for you. If you have any questions, of course, please let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Protect My Car?

Original review: April 24, 2018

My in laws have been telling us how much they like Protect My Car for about a year now. I finally decided to call them last month and I can totally understand why my in laws speak so highly of them. The agent I spoke with was so knowledgeable and patient. She did not rush me off the phone. She answered all my questions and helped me find a warranty that worked best for my needs and budget. I am so happy I finally decided to sign up. I wish I had signed up sooner.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We make it our mission in life to provide great service and needed help to all policy holders. We are very glad the policy, our staff and our services have been of help to you. Your peace of mind is always our most important goal.

Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is any thing we can do to help out.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I did a lot of research on extended warranty companies recently and I decided to go with Protect My Car. They had the best benefits for the cheapest price. One of the benefits happens to be free oil changes, which I took my car in for the other day. It is so nice having one less expense to worry about for my car. They also have wonderful customer service. Every time I have called Protect My Car every representative has been so sweet and helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have been a loyal customer with Protect My Car for two years now. They have the best customer service around. They have always been so helpful and efficient. I recommend them to all my friends and family.

Protect My Car response
Thank you so very much for your comments.
Our primary goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide good peace of mind.
Thanks once again for your comments. Remember the best part, too. We are still here to help again when the need arises.

Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I called into Protect My Car yesterday to check on the claim with my car and spoke with Mary. She was so helpful and pleasant to speak with. She really explained to me the process and what to expect from the mechanic. Every time I have had car issues Protect My Car has always been so helpful.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We have shared those comments with all our departments to let them know how much their efforts are helping our policyholders when they need that help.
Our goal is to give every policy holder good peace of mind. Great rates, towing, rental car benefits, fast claims processing and the personal touch are just some of the ways we help provide that.
Thanks once again for those great comments. Remember, we are still here to help again when the need arises.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Protect My Car has been working seemly with the dealership to repair my Accord. They have made this process so stress free for me. I work long hours and I do not have time to stay on top of every little detail of my car but the agent with Protect My Car has been wonderful. The warranty plan I have is definitely worth the money I have spent on it. Not only have they saved me money but they have saved me my time which is worth even more to me.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policy holders good peace of mind.
Great point, too. You never really know when a major breakdown will happen. It just makes sense to protect yourself before it does.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have had a lot of car warranty companies call me lately but Protect My Car was the only one that I did not want to hang up on when I spoke to them. The representative was courteous, respectful and very knowledgeable about their benefits. She answered all my questions and signed me up for a plan that meets all my needs. I look forward to the benefits I have with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response

Original review: April 20, 2018

When I purchased my car my dad told me I should get a warranty with Protect My Car. I am really glad I listened to him and I got it because I had to make two claims with Protect My Car and both issues would have been quite expensive without the coverage. Protect My Car is definitely worth every penny.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We could not have said it better ourselves. It really is a team effort here to make sure the coverage is hassle free for policyholders. It is comments like yours that let us know we are doing just that. That really makes our day.

Thanks again for those great comments.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Protect My Car has been so affordable. The repairs on my car have been so much cheaper with the warranty plan. They also have such an amazing staff working for them. They are always so kind and helpful. I am very happy I signed up with them last year. I highly recommend them!

Protect My Car response
We cannot thank you enough for the great comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. We do work very hard to make sure the policy is affordable, and that policyholders get the kind of help they need when they need help.

Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My college roommate recommended Protect My Car to me six months ago. I thank her all the time because Protect My Car has been there for me multiple times when I needed them. My Car has not been the most reliable but Protect My Car definitely is! I recommend them to all my friends.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We do work hard to make sure your experience with Protect my Car is a positive one and that the whole process, from choosing the right coverage, to making sure it is comfortable on your budget, to fast and efficient claims service, towing and rental car benefits, gives you great peace of mind.

Thank you, too, for referring folks to us. We will treat them with just as much respect as we do you. Remember, if you referred someone to us who now has a policy we say thank you with a Visa gift card. Please let us know who you have referred so we can thank you this way.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am so thankful I had Protect My Car this past weekend. I took my kids on a road trip and we were about three hours away from the first stop when our SUV started making a funny sound. I pulled over and called Protect My Car. The representative was so sweet. I explained what was going on and she sent someone right away to help us. Protect My Car was just wonderful. I am recently widowed and I am not used to dealing with car problems. I am glad my friend told me about Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you very much for providing your comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Providing our policyholders with good peace of mind is our most important goal. We are glad we were able to give the help you needed with your repairs and we stand ready to do so again when the need arises.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Last month I took a road trip with my two small children to bring my 75 year old mother back home to South Carolina. We were about three hours away from her house when my Camry just started acting funny. I pulled over to the side of the road and called Protect My Car. I was so nervous that it would take hours and that I would be stranded with my family while we waited for roadside assistance. When I called in I spoke to Karen and she was so courteous. She was so understanding of my situation. She had roadside assistance out to me extremely quickly. I was so relieved and happy that I had coverage with Protect My Car.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide your comments. We appreciate that very much. We are very pleased to have helped you with the recent repair and glad we saved you so much money. That’s what a good policy is supposed to do. We look forward to helping you in the future when you need help. Thank you for choosing Protect My Car.
Please call us anytime you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help out.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Last month my family and I took a trip to Naples, Florida. While we were on vacation the air condition stopped working in our Armada. I called Protect My Car and they told me to bring it to the closest dealership. While the dealership worked on my Armada, Protect My Car provided me with a rental car so we could still enjoy our vacation. They made the whole process so easy for me. I am so glad I signed up with Protect My Car when I did because I think our trip would have not been the same if we did not have the coverage.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or on vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My husband and I were the first ones in our family to sign up with Protect My Car. We loved them so much that we recommended them to the rest of our family. Now our two daughters and both our son in laws have Protect My Car as well. All of us have absolutely loved the services we have received. The benefits have been amazing!

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those great comments. We appreciate them very much.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I absolutely love how easy my claim was with Protect My Car. I brought my car in for repairs to the mechanic. Protect My Car worked with the mechanic and all I had to do was show them my ID card and pay my deductible. I saved a lot of money compared to if I would have had to pay for the repairs outright. The representative from Protect My Car was so easy to work with.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for those comments. We do appreciate your choosing Protect My car and we know you'll save a ton of money with the benefits provided by your coverage.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I am so happy I decided to get an extended warranty with Protect My Car last year. I have had to make 5 claims since I signed up. The staff at Protect My Car has been so great. They are always so knowledgeable and helpful. The amount of money I have saved on repairs has definitely paid for the warranty.

Original review: April 7, 2018

On our vacation to Florida to visit Disney World, our transmission went out on our Toyota Sienna. We made a call to Protect My Car and the customer service rep was able to walk us through the procedure of getting our van fixed. Protect My Car was able to get us a rental van while ours was being fixed. They really made the experience very easy and stress-free.

Protect My Car response
Thanks for those comments. We appreciate your taking your time to provide them. You are right, too. When that first big expensive repair happens, especially on a holiday or vacation, and Protect My Car takes care of it for you, that is when you know you made a wise choice to protect yourself and your budget.

Thank you again for those very encouraging comments.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have had a couple friends recommend Protect My Car to me so I had to call them today. I just got off the phone with Olivia a representative from Protect My Car. She went through all the benefits of having an extended warranty and all the different plans I could choose from. She was very sweet, patient and knowledgeable. She was so great I decided to sign up today.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. It really means a lot to us all to know our efforts are really helping give our policyholders good peace of mind. Welcome to the Protect My Car family!

Original review: April 6, 2018

This is embarrassing but last week I locked my keys in my truck. I was getting my groceries out of the trunk when the keys fell in as I was shutting it. Unfortunately the doors were all locked. I called Protect My Car and they were amazing. They had roadside assistance there to help me in 20 minutes. I am so happy roadside assistance is included in my plan.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. Please do not be embarrassed. Life happens at the worst possible times. Getting help when it does is priceless. We are very glad we were able to turn a bad situation into a good story for you to share from time to time.

Thanks again for your comments and for being a valued customer of Protect My Car.

Original review: April 5, 2018

A service contract for my vehicle helps protect it down the road when I have a major problem. ProtectMyCar was convenient for the type of payment that they requested and I had a pleasant interaction with their specialists when I purchased the warranty. He talked in layman’s terms so I can understand what the contract was about. Then I put my car in the shop, but I wanted it fixed and the rep walked me through the procedure on what I needed to do in order to access my contract. I filed a claim, but I haven’t utilized the service yet. I’ve been away and I got to catch up on my payments because I’ve been out of the country. But other than that, everything is fine. I would recommend ProtectMyCar.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for taking time to provide comments on your experience with Protect My Car. Those were very kind words and we appreciate them very much. We take pride in exercising good judgment by doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thank you once again for your comments. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is any thing else we can do for you.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a warranty years ago with a car I had and having a ProtectMyCar warranty sounded like a good idea when the salesman gave it to me. But I hope my situation with ProtectMyCar was a bad representation of it because it was a week or more before my issue finally got taken care of. The mechanic said he hadn’t seen anybody take this long with all the one that he had to with this type of services. I also called about it and I finally got somebody who said that it was not how they do things. So, he took care of it that day and got everything done that day. So, I don’t know why he suddenly fumbled around like that and I thought it was pretty poor. I’m dissatisfied with that situation, but it’s a good deal if it works right.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We regret that the repair authorization took longer than normal for this repair. That was entirely our fault. We are glad the agent that assisted you was able to determine the cause and correct it right away and that you were able to save so much on that repair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My vehicle was fairly new and I don’t drive it a lot but I got a lot of money on it so I didn’t want anything to happen to it. I couldn’t pay for them all so it would be better for me to get a protection program. I looked up Protect My Car online and they seemed to be very reputable and dealing with the rep was pretty good. I went straight to the dealership for the claim and let the dealership call them and tell them what was wrong. At one time though, it took too long for them to get back with me and the people fixing my car. And it was held up for a while but then it got approved. That happened twice even if I paid the required half of the money.

The claims process wasn’t as expedient as it should be for a reputable company as well as the communication. They said they kept calling the company, but they kept busy or on hold. Also, the same person wouldn't call them back and it took a long time for them to get with the right person to get it approved, even after he's given him the claim number and how much it cost. I couldn’t get my car until they got in touch with me and my car sat there a day or two longer than it should have. I pay a certain amount of money each month and it is long-term so, I should get the same type of expedient service. It should also be a little bit cheaper. But I feel good about having an insurance and security from it and it’s a good program.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing where we can improve service for all policyholders. We do regret that the hold times can, at some times during peak hours, be longer than anyone, including us, would like. We have added new agents and new lines and we think you'll find the communication has improved dramatically.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My auto warranty ran out and I needed one in case of a mechanical breakdown that was out of control. ProtectMyCar has good rates and the sales person I dealt with was knowledgeable, very polite, courteous, very thorough, and explained everything. He just got right to the point. I made a claim over the phone and they didn’t honor the warranty on the repair. I spoke with a rep about the coverage that I had at the experience of mechanical problems, and I was told that it was a preexisting condition that I knew I had and that’s why I purchased insurance. They didn’t know why I purchased insurance because I didn’t have a preexisting condition. So, they transferred me over to some other plan that they had with the 75 percentage pay and the maintenance at 25%, and I had a problem with that. Other than that, the quality of service of ProtectMyCar is good overall and I would recommend them.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to answer your concerns.
Coverage is meant to assist with repairs that occur after the policy is issued. No company will issue a policy that covers pre-existing conditions.
But, we always give the customer the benefit of the doubt. That is why we were able to help you even with that pre-existing condition you were unaware of. Its all part of doing the right thing, not just doing things right.

Thanks you for choosing Protect My Car, and thank you for your comments.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchasing an auto warranty makes sense to have some peace of mind. And the Protect My Car rep was helpful in getting me started on my policy. He is well yet a little charismatic to be professional. However, I've spoken with the customer service plenty times, and they were inconsistent with everything. I even tried canceling the subscription, and they said, "Okay." And then they called for payment. I tried to take someone's name off with the policy at one point. And they said, "Okay." And they still kept it on there. It's been really a back and forth from the canceling to the constantly calling me for another payment.

I filed a claim for our Mercedez when its transmission went out. And everything fell all through with the claim. They were trying to find a cheaper part for it at some point, so it was a little stagnant. But they executed the claim and all was well besides the obvious phone calls. And there were no communications with the status or the car with the communication that they had with the dealer. They left me a little in the blank because they had to establish communications with me and the person who released the car who put it in there.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments and for being a loyal customer. We regret that you found our customer service rep inconsistent. We do not show that you ever requested to cancel the contract. You did ask that your former spouse be removed from the coverage and that was done. We do appreciate your continuing the coverage and we are very glad it has saved you so much money on the numerous repairs.
If you have any questions, of course, please give us a call.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I heard an advertisement for Protect My Car on the radio, so I called to see if I qualified. I did, so I set it up on the spot. Everything was great and everybody was helpful. However, when I first started my policy, I didn’t know I was going to get sent over to a third party. I don’t know if it’s because my car has higher miles, but I was told that Protect My Car wouldn’t deal with my claim and they sent me over to someone else. When I would call, it would go to Protect My Car, but they would send me over to someone else.

Protect My Car still got me taken care of, but they only covered 50%. When I first started, they said that they could cover anywhere between 50% and 100%. And when they sent it over to the other company, they said it was only 50%. I still had to pay $3300 out of pocket on top of paying the $80 a month. They emailed me a little booklet, but what I needed was coverage and the amount that was covered was a little bit of a surprise. But 50% was better than nothing. Overall, it was a decent experience. I still have my policy and it’s worth it if you have an older car since there's no way of knowing what repairs you're going to need. If I had a new car, I would certainly not do it.

Protect My Car response
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to help you understand your coverage a little better.
With older, higher mileage vehicles, it is almost impossible to get any coverage at all. we are one of the few companies that offer help with these vehicles. Not only do you get a guaranteed 50% reduction in repair costs, but oil changes, road side assistance and rental car reimbursement is included.
You might be happy to know that on just this one repair you saved $1,300. That's more than three times the cost of the coverage you have paid. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you increase your savings in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I bought a service contract for my Ford from ProtectMyCar and they gave me a better price compared to other companies. But when I was purchasing the warranty they were charging me too much. I asked them some specific questions. It seemed they were not really clear. At the beginning, I did not understand the system. I did not know I had to pay half, to pay them. I thought I can pay the dealer where I brought my car to fix. They asked me I had to pay them first.

We had some arguments but now everything is okay. And that includes anytime I talk to them. Everything is perfect for me for now. I filed a claim with them twice for repair. I called them and told them the car has a problem and they asked me to take the car to a shop. The service is excellent. Let' say, I have to pay $200. They put half and I'm satisfied. I will say this is the best way if your car is old. To buy some protection outside of what you have on your insurance.

Protect My Car response

Thank you very much for those comments. We really appreciate them. We do work hard to make sure that with one phone call you can get towed in, activate rental car benefits and get fast, efficient claims service, all with low monthly premiums tailored to fit your budget. That’s what we call good peace of mind. We are very happy that our company, staff and coverage has given you that. Best of all, we will be here to assist you when you next need help with your vehicle. Thanks again for your comments.

Protect My Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Protect My Car is a fast and easy way for automobile owners to find peace of mind with an extended warranty or maintenance plan for their vehicle. Most models are covered, and there are three levels of coverage available: Driveline, Select and Supreme. You can request a quote without any obligation, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind.

• Flexible payment terms: Protect My Car offers long and flexible payment terms, ranging from 36 to 48 months, to make your monthly payment as affordable as possible with no hidden fees.

• Available all over the U.S. and Canada with Trip Interruption: Use your Protect My Car policy anywhere in North America. If you breakdown more than 100 Miles away from home you’ll be reimbursed for lodging and meals.

• Roadside assistance: Protect My Car includes 24/7 roadside assistance with their extended warranties. Their roadside assistance program includes towing, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service and jumpstarts. Customers can also get a rental car while their car is being repaired in the shop.

• Money back guarantee: Protect My Car offers a 30-day money back guarantee so customers can review their coverage for a full 30 days and ensure they are 100 percent satisfied with their purchase. If they are not, Protect My Car will issue a hassle-free refund.

• Policies for all drivers: Protect My Car offers plans for all drivers no matter how many miles you have put on your vehicle. Enjoy full coverage, comprehensive coverage or enhanced powertrain coverages.

• Best for: Used car owners, new car owners, busy parents and high mileage drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Protect My Car Company Information