It's that easy Request Information
3.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

113 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We went to the dealership to purchase a vehicle and we were looking for something that offered an extended warranty. They said AUL offered the greatest amount of mileage coverage for the price, and my husband thought it was the best for us. The lady who set us up with finances in the dealership was very nice and friendly. She put everything in simple terms, and my husband and I could understand and follow everything. I felt very comfortable.

Our motor recently had some bad system failure, and we had to get a new one. I got the number from the dealership, and they referred me to a customer service rep who explained everything. She needed to speak with my husband first and as soon as it was cleared, we got everything rolling, which was very quick. AUL did great to keep us informed on what we needed to submit and the different things to get the claim moving and to get it all taken care of, so we could get our vehicle repaired. We got a refurbished motor and AUL was awesome. They made everything easy and covered all the costs. It was a huge weight off of my shoulders and AUL did more than adequately. We're extremely satisfied and I'd buy it again.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I wanted to repair my vehicle anytime I've had any breakdown and the guy who I bought a car from wouldn't let me out of the place without a service contract. He helped drive me in AUL's direction and I'm satisfied. I took my car to BMW of Dallas a month ago and the service agent told me the damage was gonna cost $2,200 out of pocket. He submitted the claim and AUL was given two days to come out and look at it. There were some additional work that needed to be completed, and the cost came to $5,500. Everything that was submitted was valid and AUL paid for everything. I've told friends that if they're gonna get a warranty, they should definitely make sure they deal with AUL. If you're gonna get a used vehicle, definitely make sure you get that aftermarket warranty also because it's worth its weight in gold.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The exclusions are so broad that if the dealer can’t find the root cause of a failure then they don’t pay out. The exclusions focus on common symptoms like sludging and overheating which are symptoms of many problems as a reason not to pay. Then when you cancel the policy they return their share of the premium to the dealer and then the dealer won’t return their commission earned on the policy so you don’t get the full prorated refund. My experience with other companies was not this bad. I’m pretty sure a mechanic would never buy this policy once they saw the section 8 exclusions.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Dan. I'm sorry you have had a negative experience with your claim and with the cancellation. I would like to look into the issue if I could. Would you mind providing your contract number or VIN, so I can locate you in our system?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

AUL Uses Shoddy Parts and Shoddy Parts supplier. Received a transmission from this company through AUL Warranty company. Transmission failed after 20000 miles, the transmission had never been off the highway, or towed anything. AUL told me not to call this company as they wouldn't talk to me, and that I was out of luck because the warranty on the transmission was only for 12000 miles. Will be taking to a transmission specialists to make sure the transmission was in fact rebuilt. Very concerned that it wasn't after reading the reviews here. A rebuilt shouldn't fail after 20000 miles, especially 20000 highway miles with no towing involved.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Tony, I would be happy to look into your claim to make sure it was handled properly. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can locate you in our system?

Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The AUL warranty was presented to me at the dealership when I purchased the car. But no one explained to me that there was a monetary limit, and I have apparently exhausted my limit because I've had so much trouble with the car. It’s a BMW and I’ve had the transmission replaced and all kinds of other things that apparently exceeded the limit. I'm within the time and mileage, but AUL has a limit to how much money they will put out.

The transmission cost over $10,000 and the warranty only covered up to a portion of that. I had to pay over $2,000, and then two weeks later, the air conditioning went out and I only got 76,000 miles on my car. I had to pay the full amount for that. So that’s where my frustration is coming from. The service that I had gotten and the things that they covered up to that point were great. I'm happy with those, but people need to be aware that there is a monetary limit.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Tamara, and thanks for your feedback. I was able to look at your contract and see that we did reach the max aggregate amount payable over the life of the contract. Your contract will pay out up to the current NADA value of your vehicle, and we did honor that. I'm sorry we can't help with further claims, but I am glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Repairs on a BMW are very expensive. I got a full service warranty with AUL Corp and so far it’s been pretty good. I’ve had two services already that they’ve covered. I had a leak in my air conditioning hose. The hoses were placed in the middle of the engine so the engine had to be lifted out of the car in order to get to them, which cost a fortune. AUL fully covered it except for the deductible. A month later, I had to go back in because the fan on the air conditioner was broken and they had replaced that. That was fully covered as well.

I did everything over the phone and it was easy to do. The contract was just included in the lease payments. AUL has a good team. I pay somewhere about $4,000 to three years-worth of coverage. Those two services have totaled up about $7,000, and I’ve had the service contract six months now so I did okay. I am very satisfied with the warranty.

AUL Corp response

Jeffrey, thank you for the kind words. We are always happy when we are able to help with repairs!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a 2016 HR-V from a small dealership and added the AUL three-year warranty for the powertrain. After less than a month of driving the car, the transmission belt broke and now we need to change the entire transmission. I took it to the Honda dealership, they contacted AUL, and AUL said that "it was too soon after the purchase and that they won't cover it". They have been a huge pain, and now, after moving the car to a cheaper shop and accommodating to what they ask for, AUL suddenly said that they will pay for a USED TRANSMISSION, but won't cover the labor. Worst service contract ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Karla. I've had a chance to review your claim, and it looks like a resolution is already in place to repair your vehicle; however, I did want to let you know about a couple key points. First, your contract does give AUL the right to reject any claim if the component was worn beyond the manufacturer's specs at the time of sale of the vehicle--as was the case with your transmission. AUL did decide to step up and help with the repairs anyway by supplying a transmission for the repair. Second, your contract also allows AUL to authorize "like kind and quality" parts for repairs which can include new, re-manufactured, or used components at our discretion.

Having said that, I am sorry this has been a bad claims experience for you - that is never our intent. It is our responsibility to properly adjudicate claims on your vehicle, and that's what we tried to do. We do understand that no one buys a car expecting to have a major part failure within the first month, so I can understand your frustration.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I purchased a Cadillac Escalade and with it a warranty with AUL and now that my SUV is in the shop they denied the work, which is odd being that it is a object sensor which is a safety item involving lane assist system.

AUL Corp response

Ms. Garza, I have reviewed your claim and see that, as you stated, the right side object sensor failed on your vehicle. On your contract, in order for a component to be eligible for coverage, it must be specifically listed as a covered component. Your contract covers hundreds of components, but unfortunately it does not cover everything. Regardless of whether or not it may be a "safety" component, if it is not listed on the contract for coverage, it is not covered. If you would like to give us a call, we would be happy to go over your coverage with you, so you can see what components are covered.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I wanted some security for my used car so I got a service contract from AUL Corp wherein all services are covered with the exception of ware items such as clutch, brakes, etc. However, I'm not too satisfied with them. They are slow and they take the no-position first. I recently had two motor seizures. At first, AUL said, "I'm not gonna cover due to technicality." And then, when that was sorted out, they said that they were going to but it has been a really long, drawn-out process. In fact, I'm still in the process. This saga began in May. It is now September and I still have not gotten my car back. Fortunately, I chose the BMW dealership and BMW has been nice enough to give me a loaner, and I'm on my fifth loaner now.

My vehicle is still getting worked out and they nickel-and-dime me. I got a new motor but I have to pay out of pocket for the fasteners on the new motor that they provided which is ridiculous. They're not on the customer's side. They're on their own side. I'm thinking that a class action should be in place because what they're doing isn't fair. I'm paying a lot of money for this service contract but the progress is just too slow.

Hi Kimo,

I tried calling you upon receipt of your review, but had to leave a message. We appreciate your candid feedback and would like to discuss your experience further. Our teams work very hard to ensure customers receive the very best service and value for their policies and learning more about your concerns will help us improve our service for future customers.

According to our records, however, the entire diagnostic, inspection, and engine replacement process took less than four weeks, not the four months outlined in your review. While longer than we prefer, it is common for there to be short delays associated with inspections, sourcing parts (in this case a new engine), and teardown and installation that, unfortunately, we do not have control over. Also, please remember that all AUL policies come with a rental car benefit, so if you have any rental expenses associated with this repair we invite you to submit for reimbursement.

Again, please give me a call at 800.826.3207 at your earliest convenience so we can discuss further.

Best regards,

Ashanti Patterson

Service Support Team Leader

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We regretted every month that we didn't have a warranty on our Mercedes when it cost about $2,000 or $3,000 to fix it. We had bought multiple vehicles from the same guy and he tried to help us as far as sending us to a discount mechanic. He knew the struggle we were dealing with so when we went to buy another vehicle, he suggested the warranty and it was a no-brainer to pass up. There were two options and we got the higher of the two. And buying the warranty was definitely a good call. It got me out of a pinch.

The motor blew on the BMW, ironically, and we got it fixed and covered. But there were a lot of things that I did not expect. I was told I had $100 deductible. But when we got the call to come pick up the car, we were told that we owed $1,000. We were like, "What the hell happened to our deductible?" So that was frustrating. We were told that AUL didn't cover the oil, the spark plug, the gasket and the sealant. There were all kinds of stuff that didn't make sense to me although that was only because I didn't go in there for something. But since the motor blew, I thought everything that has to do with the motor should be covered. Nonetheless, we would definitely be screwed pretty badly right now if we had not purchased the warranty. So the cost is still gonna outweigh the issue that we could've had.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My original warranty ran out and I got a bumper-to-bumper warranty from AUL Corp. Their finance manager was with the loan company when I refinanced the car and he was very helpful, informative, and was able to get the cost from the AUL warranty rolled into my loan. Filing a claim with AUL also worked well. I would bring the car back to the dealership so the dealership would pretty much do all the legwork in filing the claim and talking with the warranty company. And so far, they have been holding up their end of the bargain. I would recommend AUL.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought AUL warranty with the car and used them two times but both times were a joke. I submitted a claim through the dealer and they diagnosed the problem. I told them to call AUL 'cause that's who my warranty is with. The dealer called them the first time and it took them a week to approve the work and forever to get the work done. So now, the second time they're supposed to be doing work to it but they didn't approve it. I had to wait 72 hours for the reps to come look at my car to see if there was really a problem with it. It's been three weeks and the problem still hasn't been fixed. So whatever I paid for was the worst money I've ever spent and I would rather pay for the junk out of pocket. If someone asked, I'd tell them to take someone else.

Hi Ryan,

We appreciate all customer input and would like to discuss in greater detail both your specific experience and our claims process as it seems neither meet your standards or expectations. With the limited information provided in your review, however, we have not been able to identify your account.

Please contact me at your earliest opportunity so that we can learn more about your experience and work toward a more favorable resolution. I can be reached at 800.826.3207 .I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ashanti Patterson

Service Support Team Leader

No response received
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased the 100,000 mile extended for my C300 Benz. At the time had no idea that what I was purchasing and signing was that I agreed to do maintenance

every 4,000. With that said Mercedes recommends every 10,0000 as most European cars do. I found out the hard way when my check engine light came on and I was to provide my documents. I did as recommended by Mercedes and they denied my claim. Then when I decide to cancel contract because it is useless to me and the car I drive they tell me they can not refund my money in full because it's beyond the 90 days! Furthermore after speaking to several agents via phone and them trying to make me feel like I am the idiot and tell me they are very sorry it's the policy they inform me I will be refunded 37% of what I paid.

I never used their service once and when I finally need to it's useless to me!!! They are scammers and steal people's money!!! The refund Cancellation Manager was completely not putting herself in my shoes or willing to help get me my full refund!!! I would never recommend anyone give this company another penny!!! And any chance I have to tell anyone I can about this experience I will!!! Business is word of mouth!! And all it takes is one dissatisfied customer to red flag your company!! Every situation should be handled differently and carefully and today your company failed to that! Should be ashamed of the business and how it's run!!!

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We value all customer input and would like to discus in greater detail both your policy purchase and claims process as neither meet our standards or expectations. With the limited information provided in your review, however, we have not been able to identify your account.

Please contact me at your earliest opportunity so that we can learn more about your experience and work toward a more equitable resolution. I can be reached at 800.826.3207 or danna.perry@aulcorp.com Monday - Friday 9:00a - 5:00-p.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Danna

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Our Toyota Highlander 2008 broke down and we took it to the dealership for repair. We got a four-year contract with AUL Corp and the process of the repair was very slow. The first time the dealer fixed the car, they said they fixed it but they didn't. We got the car and drove 10 miles to our home, same sound, same lights coming on again, and same noise so we brought it back to the dealership. The second time they fixed it but now we still have the issue. They haven't properly done the bodywork. They showed the paper that said they changed several things and it costed about $7,000 but they didn't fix anything. I said, "It looks like you guys are robbing from the warranty company. They pay you a lot of money and the car has not been fixed. The same problem is still there." They said no and that they fixed it. But I had no problem with AUL at all.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The engine was leaking oil and my buddy and I were trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. We were going through paperwork when I found the contract for the warranty. I called AUL and the lady told me to let her know where I was taking the car. But it took a super long time for each step of the service. I think it was the dealership putting it off. The rep would call me and say I had to call AUL then when I would call AUL, they would say that they were waiting on something for him. Every time I talked to him, it was right at the end of his workday. So I think he was of pushing it back until he had to do it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

One of my cars was at 36,000 miles and I got bumper-to-bumper coverage from AUL. The rep was straightforward. They explained the warranty and I said, "Yup, let's do it." I'm glad I did. They just paid $5,000 for a new transmission and all kinds of stuff. The claims process was lengthy because of the cost of it. The company had to send out an adjuster. It took an extra week and a half more, longer than it should have but I got a rental car that they paid for. So overall AUL has been good. I paid a couple of thousands for it and I definitely got my money's worth. I've had other warranty companies and they're definitely not as good as AUL.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Every warranty company is always very difficult to work with. It seems like they always wanna not to have to pay out on a claim. You have to fight them a lot and I had to do that with AUL Corp. The claim started because the car started consuming a lot of oil. So I called AUL and they told me to take it to a company that they would refer me to. But I wanted to take it to the dealer because the car's an Audi and those parts are very particular. I asked them but they said no. They told me to take it to the mechanic they would refer me to, which was called European Auto.

They found some things but AUL didn't wanna pay because they said that those parts were not under the warranty. So I said that was fine and it cost me $1,000 out of my pocket. But the car had the same problems. The issue ended up being that the turbo was bad, which was under warranty. But the same thing happened. I had to fight AUL a lot and have European Auto fight for me a lot too. Finally, AUL paid for the turbo. But then the water pump was bad too. It took nearly a month of going back and forth to get those two fixed by AUL.

But the car still kept consuming oil. At that point, AUL told me that European Auto said that the car was to be taken to the Audi dealer because they couldn't do anything more for me. I went to the Audi dealership and they wanted to replace all the work that European did because the parts were not certified Audi parts. I had to pay another $1,000 out of my pocket. Then a week later, Audi wanted to do the turbo again and those are big parts. I was able to convince Audi and they did a research on the part that I had been given. They said that those water pumps were off-the-market but they would go with that. But they had to change the other parts so I had to pay another $1,000 to Audi all over again.

They did the work and then they let me drive. They did the consumption test and ended up finding that the issue was probably the pistons and rings, which are internal engine parts. The problem was pretty much the engine and again, the warranty company didn't wanna pay for anything. They said I probably missed an oil appointment and didn't take care of the engine. By then, it had already been a three-month thing. I showed AUL my records of all the oil changes that I had done then they sent an appraiser but they still said no. They said that there had to be carbon build-up or sludge and that that was what happened to these cars. But what proof did they have that that was the problem? I had to take a gamble and pay out of my own pocket to take the engine apart at Audi. And there was no sludge or carbon.

Audi built the car. They knew what they were talking about. But AUL didn't wanna take their word for it. Audi stood on my side though. They actually had to fly in the guy from out-of-state to help me work with this warranty company. He was the master tech and he told AUL that it was not a problem of me not taking care of the engine. He told them that the pistons just went bad and they should cover for it. They asked for pictures and listened to him. After a week of going and back and forth, AUL finally approved to fix the car. We were able to get them to pay for the piston which was about $7,000. But that car was at the shop with Audi for over a month. AUL put me through so much stress and I had to do so much.

Luis,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are pleased that your policy was there for you, paying out claims in excess of $7,000, but we are concerned by your claims experience as it is not up to our standards.

In reviewing our records however, it does appear that the longevity of the repair process stems largely from the inability of both the original mechanic and the dealership to identify the actual cause of failure. As our records show, the issue began as the PCV valve, then it was the water pump, followed by failed turbo, then the Audi dealership reporting excessive oil consumption and a diagnosis of sludged rings; then it was back to the PCV valve, which after that was fixed, it was determined to be the piston rings, which were covered and paid for by your policy.

However, if you feel there were instances in which we could have done better, I do invite you to call me at 800.826.3207 to discuss in further detail. Any additional feedback you provide will help us better serve future customers.

Jacqueline

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

If someone can afford the warranty, they should go for it. I've had the car for two and a half years and I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years as well. When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wanted to protect myself, the car, and my investment. I used to sell cars for six years and I heard that AUL had the best warranty. My contract covered a lot of components, and the dealer finance manager was professional. I recommend this company. It's the best investment I ever made.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I bought the vehicle, the dealers were the one who sold me the plans of the warranty from AUL and stuff that they carry. When you go to a dealership and you’re gonna purchase something, it would be good to leave there with information like what it covers instead of it just being like a desktop where you’re sitting there in front of the finance manager. Then, it’s like, “Okay, well, this is this plan, this is this plan.” So you’re just looking at it on their desk like as a date or big calendar. If I had a handout or a PDF, I could scroll through there and make a better judgement. But it was nothing against them.

The deductible is low but I have used the warranty and I still had to pay outside of the $100 deductible. If anything goes wrong you don’t know if it gets covered. And they cover this and may not and it’s not the fault of the warranty. It’s just that you just gotta call them and figure out, “Well, is it covered or not?” Also, the cost is fair. If I’m buying a used vehicle, who’s outright gonna pay a 100% on these types of things.

I filed a claim for for shocks and another one for my engine and it was great how AUL worked with me through those processes. The repair place that I took it to dealt with them. They did their deal and then the repair place informed me what AUL would cover and what they would not. The Brakes Plus and Phoenix where I took my vehicle to were really good about the turnaround. It has been good when it comes to the warranty work, the turnaround, and the feedback that I get from Brakes Plus whenever they communicate with AUL when I take my vehicle in. They’re really responsive with the mechanic shop.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We bought a vehicle with higher miles and I thought it’d be a decent idea to toss a warranty from AUL Corp on it. I went through the service department and they went through the guy that did all the contracting. There’s a lot of back and forth between us. But everybody we dealt with was awesome. It was basically an extended warranty with coverage for a drivetrain and a few other things, and purchasing it paid off for me. We ended up having a catastrophic engine failure, 200 miles before the warranty was out and it was an $8,000 fix.

The process of getting the receipts and documents that the vehicle was maintained properly was lengthy. And I thought AUL would find a way to get out of it. But once they had the documentation that they wanted, it was seamless. They were very manageable and easy to work with and I’d do it again. It cost me 150 bucks for some of the seals and gaskets, and that was it. For anybody going to purchase a service contract, I would recommend AUL Corp.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a full coverage plan from AUL for a Ford Explorer. A couple months after when the weather improved, we found that our A/C was not cold. The dealership told us that the Auxiliary Discharge Line for the A/C needed repaired. While EVERY other part involving this is covered, this is the ONE part that has absolutely no coverage. Ridiculous. We paid almost 3K for this coverage to have it be worthless the very first time we needed it. I will be canceling my coverage and using that insane amount of money to cover my repairs. I am disappointed and will tell everyone I ever meet to avoid this coverage at all costs.

Chris,

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you have requested to cancel your policy, as it is most unfortunate that the A/C discharge line is what failed since it is one of the few items listed as not covered under your policy.

As such, I invite you to contact me directly to review your coverage and to answer any questions you may have as your policy is one of our most comprehensive and most popular. If you decide to keep it, we are confident you will be more than happy with it over the full course of the term it is written for.

Rest assured, the cancellation process remains underway and should be complete in the next several days.

If interested in reviewing your policy in the interim, please give me a call at 800.826.3207.

Danna Perry

Original review: July 16, 2018

When I bought a car from the dealer, they recommended AUL Corp as they worked with AUL directly. I had problems with my headlights and I submitted the claim through BMW. I took my car in for repairs and other things were found that should be covered under warranty. There were delays here and there, but overall AUL covered what was supposed to be covered. The service contract is worth the money and it covered more than what I was gonna pay for.

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I bought my other car, a Honda, the man said he would never sell anybody a used car without buying AUL, so I bought it. Then after about six weeks, the transmission went out on my car and AUL made the car lot put a brand-new one in there. I really liked that so when I went to buy my second vehicle, I knew that I must get that warranty.

I bought a white Toyota March the 31st of this year. I drove it home and by April the 2nd, it was in the shop. And it stayed there for about two and a half months. It had to have part of a motor put in it and the dealership told me that I was getting a new motor. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't a new motor. I've only had it back for three weeks and now it's back in the shop again. If I had to pay for all that, it would be a nightmare. So far, all I've had to pay was $100 and the bill was $2,600. Submitting claims has been great. I didn't have to do much, other than call the car lot and tell them that I was having problems with my vehicle. Then they took over from there. I felt like I have more problems with the car lot not being truthful than I do with AUL. I would tell friends that they better get AUL if they're buying a used car.

Original review: July 9, 2018

There was no warranty with my vehicle and it had a higher mileage. So I got a service contract but the person who sold it to me could have explained it a little more. I had to have a new engine put in and I thought there wasn't anything that should’ve been paid. It would’ve been $500 for a rebuilt engine but I paid $1600 for a new engine. But it should’ve been zero. I don’t know how they worked it and they should have been a little clearer.

Original review: July 8, 2018

When buying used vehicles, I'm very precarious so I wanna make sure I'm protected. AUL Corp is the dealership's standard warranty provider and I was advised to get it. Dealing with the finance manager was easygoing but it went to a whole lot of persuasion. I got their most extensive service contract and it covers everything, but there were a lot of headaches initially with AUL. I understand that they’re not in the business to pay off and protect people but to make money. They tried their best not to pay for the losses on my truck which was very expensive because of a pinion nut. A pinion nut is not covered under their warranty but the pinion, the drive shaft and the rear end are. And they're all connected to that little nut so I thought that was very convenient for them.

Afterwards, they said they’d pay $2,000 and then finally, they paid the full sum. It was ironic that I wasn’t able to get them to pay anything but the dealership, because they’re married in some way, was able to get $2,000 for the service tech for my damages. I had to talk to the manager of the dealership in Lexington, then he was able to talk with someone and they were able to fully cover it. My dealings with my rep were not pleasant at all because I wasn’t able to accomplish anything with him. AUL Corp should be fair. I got their warranty for a reason and I don’t need to be swindled. I'm trying to get help, and they shouldn’t try so hard to put a hole on those warranties. The cost of the service I got with them ended up well, but I would tell a friend of mine not to get them.

Hello Ernest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback, as it helps us better serve our customers.

In reviewing your claims process, it does appear that more than $6,800 was authorized on your repair. And in light of that positive outcome, we hope you appreciate all the effort that went into getting your car back on the road. We know that everyone needs their cars to be safe and running well, and that’s why AUL’s vehicle service contracts are so invaluable.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 800.826.3207.

Kind regards,

Danna Perry

Original review: July 7, 2018

My father who used to be an engineer knows how important it is to have a service contract on a vehicle. He makes sure that we always take that opportunity if we’re purchasing a vehicle from a dealership. This is my first time to purchase a vehicle from a dealership and I got a service contract from AUL Corp for engine transmission and something else. The contract covered everything, but the way that they went about it was very stressful.

The day before Easter, my family and I were on our way to church and I was driving. When I pressed the gas, all of a sudden it was not moving. I pulled over right away to the side, which happened to be a restaurant. I pulled into a parking spot and we towed the car from there to the dealership. When I took it to the dealership, there was no replacement vehicle right away. There was only a replacement vehicle for the last two days. So, the rest of the time, it had to come out of my pocket.

When the dealership was assessing my vehicle, the first thing they said was, “We’re gonna take your vehicle apart, it’s gonna cost you this much.” Then after they did that, they contacted me again on the next day and they said, “We have to go deeper into your engine and find out why this happened, but it’s gonna cost you this much.” So by the time they got the approval from AUL to go ahead and exchange the transmission, I was extremely stressed out.

They told me, “This is your responsibility if it’s not covered.” I understand that but the people who are working on my car should have known more about what should have been covered or not. It shouldn’t have gotten to that point where they were consistently calling me saying, “Well, you’re gonna have to come out of pocket $3,000 if this is not covered, but we need to investigate it to find out if it is.” Where am I gonna come up with all the money to pay for it? I was stressed out having to get those phone calls and I’ve got four kids so I can’t just not have a vehicle. We eventually ended up putting all the expenses on our credit card.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 3, 2018

I wanted to have a service contract for my car because it’s a 2005 BMW and it isn’t known for having a great track record with engine problems and suspension. AUL Corp was pushed to me by the dealership. However, my experience was not great. When I got my car to the repair shop, AUL gave all of my repair guys a really hard time about getting stuff fixed and I ended up having to pay $5000 out-of-pocket on an $8000 charge. My repair guys had to contact me three or four times because AUL wouldn’t just come out there and check the car out. They kept calling the repair shop and telling them something about how they needed to send somebody out to go check it, and when they asked about that, they didn’t get much of an answer.

It took three days for them to actually send out an adjuster to go check on the car. That was hard and now my finances are in the dirt. In the past, I had a contract on my VW before I got the BMW and the contract covered everything with nothing out-of-pocket and did it without a lot of hassle. The price of AUL contract was fairly decent and I got a military discount as well. But with everything that I have gone through with them, it's simply not worth it. I hope they would improve for other customers. At least if it’s not for my own benefit, then I would really love that this wouldn’t happen to somebody else.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your feedback. Please know we are investigating how your policy was sold because your experience certainly does not measure up to our standards.

After looking into your claims process, however, we were pleased to learn that it was fairly routine as your vehicle was inspected and had work and costs authorized to the maximum provided under the policy within two days of the initial call. Even after the dealer called a week later with additional labor charges, AUL ultimately authorized and paid out nearly $5,000 towards your repair.

And if there were unexpected delays in the repair process, please remember that every AUL policy carries a rental car benefit up to 8 days. If you have any rental car expenses associated with this claim, please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can process your reimbursement.

Again, we are pleased that your policy was there for you when you needed it, yet we do understand the hardships of having your vehicle in the shop. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail with us, I invite you to give either myself or Frank Pfister, the Claims General Manager, a call at 800.826.3207.

Jacqueline Swank

Original review: July 2, 2018

AUL offered several different levels of service contracts and I got the one right beneath the highest one. I'm more than satisfied with my contract and the dealership was great. They walked me through what the warranty company had to offer. For the type of car I got and what could possibly go wrong with it, the cost of service is reasonable. Overall, the experience I've had with AUL was great and I couldn’t ask for a better service contract.

AUL Corp expert review by Lauren Fix

Multiple new and used vehicle service contracts for cars of any age and mileage. Provides same-day claims payment and no exclusion for wear and tear.

• Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.

• Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.

• Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.

• Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.

• Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.

• Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AUL Corp Company Information