ACCREDITED PARTNER

3.5/5 (63 ratings)

About AUL Corp

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

Pros

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

Cons

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Bottom Line

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

Top AUL Corp Reviews

Verified

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the...

Verified

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse fo...

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

Cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We're glad we got AUL Corp for our used pickup ‘cause we actually needed it. We had to have an injector pump put on the pickup and then we also had the front differential go out on it. They told us what they were gonna cover and everything got taken care of. The cost was fair as well. However, they need to do a better job of clarifying with their clients as far as with the dealerships. We had no bad experience contacting AUL, but there were some things that were unclear and it was confusing for a while. We had to find some different things out, and through a little investigation, they were cleared up. My wife used to write service contracts through GMAC and a couple other ones, so she knew a lot about it.

Most people don't read through the fine print, but my wife goes through the fine print very thoroughly and she could not find the limit. If there's a limit, that needs to be clear. They said, “Well, you have a limit on it.” I said, “It wasn't disclosed to us what that limit was.” They need to do a better job of making sure that that is on the upfront because that's where the confusion was. Once we got it clarified, everything worked out. AUL Corp has been good and I would definitely go through them if I bought another one.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I bought a vehicle from a dealership previously and had about $3,000 worth of work done to it. I already had this van looked at and was told that it was good to go. But there are a bunch of stuff wrong with it which are the same things so I bought a warranty with AUL. This is my wife's van and it had been in twice now while on the insurance.

Our experience with the dealers was pretty good but not with the dealership. I'll never go back to that dealership ever again where I bought the vehicle from. That dealership is owned by Toyota. It's a car lot where they don't wanna sell those cars on the Toyota or GM lot or they have a separate sales lot for them. Compared to the dealership, the Toyota dealers do good work. There are a couple of guys in there that are different. But some of the managers are questionable for what they consider safe.

The dealership we go through now is Toyota here in Rhinelander. The service people have been very helpful with us and took care of an issue that we had previously. They seemed to care about it versus the other place that did not really care. The individual who had done the work on our vehicle is good. I don't mind paying if the work is done right.

The dealer's finance manager was good. We dealt with them before so he was familiar with us. We bought another car from the same sales rep. It went pretty smoothly. He told us they covered everything. And although I don't think what they told us is 100% of what the contract is, that's fine. It's just the sales pitch was angled a little differently. I felt comfortable with the rep for the most part thinking that he had the best interest in mind for us.

The service contract has been pretty good for the most part. But it surprises me how expensive a nut and a bolt can be. And it's kind of astonishing that that part is not covered under the warranty. And sometimes the bolt is like 50 bucks and sometimes it's not. It makes no sense that I can go to the store and I can buy a bolt for $1. That blows my mind because I can buy a part at a car parts shop nearby. It's like three bucks from the dealership and pay maybe a 10th of the price for a part. That aside, I'd tell friends to do AUL especially if they are not sure of the vehicle. Our first claim on our van was more expensive than the warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2020

AUL has been fine but it hasn't been with the service providers. They finally took care of what they should have in the first place. Two days after I purchased my 2016 Ford Escape with 95-some thousand miles on it, some engine light came on, “Service Now.” I was out of state so I called Honda and they told me to use my extended warranty out of state. I had to line up the service for it. That service department did not fix the problem even though I had to pay it to get my car back. I came back to Missouri where I live, called Honda, and told them what happened. They got my car back in and fixed the problem.

I have another problem with it. If it rains and I have the air conditioner on, the passenger side floorboard floods with water. So, I took it to get fixed on my own. I went to a different shop than Honda. The guy said he cleaned out what he could and would not charge me. Hopefully, I won't have the problem again. I haven't been in the rain and the air conditioner going since then.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My experience with AUL Corp was phenomenal. The dealership in Lafayette, Louisiana where I purchased my truck from offered me the extended warranty and I read through it and I really liked the offer. I bought the best extended warranty that they had and I only had to pay 35% upfront. AUL Corp has been very honest and generous. They were very helpful and easy to work with. I'm thinking seriously about extending my warranty which should be up in six or eight months.

I had a transmission issue back in 2019. Then the second issue I had were the drivetrain issue very recently. For the first one, AUL didn’t send any adjusters. For the second time, they sent an adjuster to the shop and he was very thorough and he went through everything. Later on, they called the shop and told them to proceed with the repairs. Then when I was about to pay my deductible, I ran into this taxes thing which was worth more than my co-pay. My last warranty coverage didn’t pay taxes for some reason and AUL had me pay the bill taxes, which I really didn’t understand and I didn’t see it anywhere in the contract. But I had been happy with their service so I felt that I could just let go on something for them.

I've had some coworkers and friends that had extended warranty with some other companies and their experiences with them have been terrifying. They’ve been scammed. With AUL, even when my truck broke down, they came through and kept their promises. That’s why I'm not gonna stop doing business with them. If I have any other vehicles besides my truck, I will surely go with them if it has no warranty from the dealership or the manufacturer.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I bought the car from the Handy Toyota here in St. Albans from approximately two months ago. I noticed that when I put the car in drive, the drive light starts blinking and when I called the people that I purchased the car from, which the warranty will be up by June 6th, I explained to them. They brought it in, looked at it and they said that it seemed that I was having some sort of blinking light because of the transmission. I told them I was covered, that I had the warranty insurance and sure enough, they called AUL up. First, AUL denied the claim because they didn’t feel that it was under the warranty.

I asked what they meant and they said they only took care of internal things. I said that it was an internal thing and that I spoke to a gentleman at the facility who said that it was a gray area. It was taken care of anyway, so I was really happy for that. I had other problems too. I just bought the car, but the struts were going as well. Now, that’s probably not under the warranty because it’s an external problem, but my primary concern was the transmission. I took care of the struts out of my own pocket and all in all, I’m fairly happy of the warranty taking care of the problem.

Whatever guidelines AUL goes by though, they should let people know exactly what they won’t cover. In this way, a person like me won’t be surprised. Because the way it was worded to me when I was told about the warranty, I thought I was covered for any mechanical problems such as drivetrain, transmission, or engine. Any dealership that they would do business with, they should know exactly what they’re saying to the people before they purchase the warranty. Still, I would share that information and recommend them that.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

They handled everything good and in a timely manner. All my questions were answered and they paid the shops fairly fast.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Purchased a vehicle early last year. Eventually my driveshaft had to be replaced but I was unaware of the service contract I purchased. When I found out that it would've been eligible. I contacted AUL and was easy to talk to a live person. They just requested a copy of the repair invoice, a snapshot of my current mileage and within 2 weeks, I was refunded the full amount less the $100 deductible. Subsequent repairs to my vehicle was coordinated between the shop and AUL and was always very smooth and no other hidden fees which gave me peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I called numerous places and I thought AUL was the best. I knew somebody that has it and they said they were really good, so I chose this company. However, it's more expensive and they wouldn't give me a bumper-to-bumper warranty because of the age of my vehicle. My car was in the shop last month, and it was $1,700 to fix it. They took 1,000 off my total amount and lowered my payments because the warranty did not cover what was wrong with it. That’s cool. They did the best they could, but they don't cover what I need them to cover. My car has been in the shop four times and AUL never covered anything. I almost canceled. It's not that great, but let's hope that if my engine goes out, they cover that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I took my car to the dealership to have it looked at, upon them looking at my car the dealership called me with what was wrong and an estimate. I mentioned I had AUL and they called them. The adjuster came out promptly and looked at the work that needed to be done and approved it without hassle. I honestly figured I had wasted my money purchasing it, I couldn't be ever so wrong. It was the only time I used it AUL and they took care of my car. They even covered some things that was found after the fact. I highly recommend AUL to anyone buying a car.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Very misleading on what is covered. My whole experience work this car from purchase to your company has McGee very dissatisfied and can't wait to get rid of the car and your company...I would not recommend the dealership or this company to anyone.

AUL Corp Company Information