Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I bought a vehicle from a dealership previously and had about $3,000 worth of work done to it. I already had this van looked at and was told that it was good to go. But there are a bunch of stuff wrong with it which are the same things so I bought a warranty with AUL. This is my wife's van and it had been in twice now while on the insurance.

Our experience with the dealers was pretty good but not with the dealership. I'll never go back to that dealership ever again where I bought the vehicle from. That dealership is owned by Toyota. It's a car lot where they don't wanna sell those cars on the Toyota or GM lot or they have a separate sales lot for them. Compared to the dealership, the Toyota dealers do good work. There are a couple of guys in there that are different. But some of the managers are questionable for what they consider safe.

The dealership we go through now is Toyota here in Rhinelander. The service people have been very helpful with us and took care of an issue that we had previously. They seemed to care about it versus the other place that did not really care. The individual who had done the work on our vehicle is good. I don't mind paying if the work is done right.

The dealer's finance manager was good. We dealt with them before so he was familiar with us. We bought another car from the same sales rep. It went pretty smoothly. He told us they covered everything. And although I don't think what they told us is 100% of what the contract is, that's fine. It's just the sales pitch was angled a little differently. I felt comfortable with the rep for the most part thinking that he had the best interest in mind for us.

The service contract has been pretty good for the most part. But it surprises me how expensive a nut and a bolt can be. And it's kind of astonishing that that part is not covered under the warranty. And sometimes the bolt is like 50 bucks and sometimes it's not. It makes no sense that I can go to the store and I can buy a bolt for $1. That blows my mind because I can buy a part at a car parts shop nearby. It's like three bucks from the dealership and pay maybe a 10th of the price for a part. That aside, I'd tell friends to do AUL especially if they are not sure of the vehicle. Our first claim on our van was more expensive than the warranty.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2020

AUL has been fine but it hasn't been with the service providers. They finally took care of what they should have in the first place. Two days after I purchased my 2016 Ford Escape with 95-some thousand miles on it, some engine light came on, “Service Now.” I was out of state so I called Honda and they told me to use my extended warranty out of state. I had to line up the service for it. That service department did not fix the problem even though I had to pay it to get my car back. I came back to Missouri where I live, called Honda, and told them what happened. They got my car back in and fixed the problem.

I have another problem with it. If it rains and I have the air conditioner on, the passenger side floorboard floods with water. So, I took it to get fixed on my own. I went to a different shop than Honda. The guy said he cleaned out what he could and would not charge me. Hopefully, I won't have the problem again. I haven't been in the rain and the air conditioner going since then.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My experience with AUL Corp was phenomenal. The dealership in Lafayette, Louisiana where I purchased my truck from offered me the extended warranty and I read through it and I really liked the offer. I bought the best extended warranty that they had and I only had to pay 35% upfront. AUL Corp has been very honest and generous. They were very helpful and easy to work with. I'm thinking seriously about extending my warranty which should be up in six or eight months.

I had a transmission issue back in 2019. Then the second issue I had were the drivetrain issue very recently. For the first one, AUL didn’t send any adjusters. For the second time, they sent an adjuster to the shop and he was very thorough and he went through everything. Later on, they called the shop and told them to proceed with the repairs. Then when I was about to pay my deductible, I ran into this taxes thing which was worth more than my co-pay. My last warranty coverage didn’t pay taxes for some reason and AUL had me pay the bill taxes, which I really didn’t understand and I didn’t see it anywhere in the contract. But I had been happy with their service so I felt that I could just let go on something for them.

I've had some coworkers and friends that had extended warranty with some other companies and their experiences with them have been terrifying. They’ve been scammed. With AUL, even when my truck broke down, they came through and kept their promises. That’s why I'm not gonna stop doing business with them. If I have any other vehicles besides my truck, I will surely go with them if it has no warranty from the dealership or the manufacturer.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I bought the car from the Handy Toyota here in St. Albans from approximately two months ago. I noticed that when I put the car in drive, the drive light starts blinking and when I called the people that I purchased the car from, which the warranty will be up by June 6th, I explained to them. They brought it in, looked at it and they said that it seemed that I was having some sort of blinking light because of the transmission. I told them I was covered, that I had the warranty insurance and sure enough, they called AUL up. First, AUL denied the claim because they didn’t feel that it was under the warranty.

I asked what they meant and they said they only took care of internal things. I said that it was an internal thing and that I spoke to a gentleman at the facility who said that it was a gray area. It was taken care of anyway, so I was really happy for that. I had other problems too. I just bought the car, but the struts were going as well. Now, that’s probably not under the warranty because it’s an external problem, but my primary concern was the transmission. I took care of the struts out of my own pocket and all in all, I’m fairly happy of the warranty taking care of the problem.

Whatever guidelines AUL goes by though, they should let people know exactly what they won’t cover. In this way, a person like me won’t be surprised. Because the way it was worded to me when I was told about the warranty, I thought I was covered for any mechanical problems such as drivetrain, transmission, or engine. Any dealership that they would do business with, they should know exactly what they’re saying to the people before they purchase the warranty. Still, I would share that information and recommend them that.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

AUL Corp covers my whole truck from front to back. And every time I've called them, they always took care of me. They’re the best extended coverage there is because they don’t hassle you about getting anything fixed. You call them, you say you got a problem with your vehicle, and even if they have to send an adjuster to take it out, they cover it. It doesn’t matter what it is.

I tried AUL once back in around 2015. I had the Altima and heard about them. I’ve heard of a few others and heard people have complaints. I read up on AUL and looked up who’s who. Most of the time, people are gonna tell the truth on the internet when it comes to certain things. If it’s good, they’ll say it’s good and they give it a good rating, and if it’s not, then they’ll say that it's a scam. Everybody said that AUL was pretty decent and I tried them.

After my first claim, I knew I was instantly hooked. When I called them and told them I had something going on with my engine, they sent an adjuster out. They figured the issue out with the shop and it was the timing chains and the guides in the car. That was almost a $1,500 job, but they didn’t have a problem covering it. They took care of me at that certain time and I really appreciate it because that was the only car I had at the time. You pay a little price for AUL, but in the long run, it’s worth it. I had more things happen than what money I put in and they still didn’t have a problem. You can’t beat a warranty like that. My warranty would be ending at the end of this year and I’m going to purchase them again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

It took me over a year and 3 shops to find one to even deal with this company because they made it so difficult for both myself and the garage. I was required to pay huge fees just for the work required for diagnosis. $600 then had to be examined by AUL. Then once diagnosis had to wait for inspection the whole time I had no transportation. They agreed to pay for rental car. I paid for 1 week then they called rental company and put it on their acct card. It took a month. I was returned my deposit in the car when I went to turn in the rental. Was told it was taken care of.

After I got my vehicle back I had nothing but problems. The mechanic refused to even come and give me a jump less than a hour after I picked up my vehicle. It wouldn't start when I was returning the rental. All the fluids were low. They said I could bring it in and they would take a look. They were paid in full. Not once was I called or contacted by AUL. So I had no chance in getting anything done to fix the mess. They were paid already. So my car isn't fixed then on top of that...AUL refused to pay the rental vehicle. I even went in to return the rental 3 times and was told it was taken care to....then to my surprise almost all the money I had in my acct was taken to Pay for the rental car because AUL changed their mind I was told.

So I'm almost homeless and a lot of my bills are unpaid because I'm on a fixed income. This was one of the worst things I've been thru. And I borrowed money just to get the car for the first week because AUL wouldn't give me any side answers. I had to even pay cash upfront to get the engine tore down so it could be diagnosed plus more cash for parts they said had to be replace but weren't covered by AUL even tho it was part of the repair. And my vehicle is worse now but I have no way to do a thing with a vehicle I'm afraid to drive and still paying on and broke because of buying new battery paying for the rental. Couldn't pay all my bills...etc!!! Ruined my life and really put me in a bad place that I probably can't even fix. Not once did anyone even reach out to me at all. To even ask if my car was fixed or even to tell me they weren't going to pay for the car. No warning at all.

I paid almost my whole month's income and my vehicle is ruined. I have no options to fix it either. So if I can help one person to not go thru this then it will be worth it. I'm disabled, have no one to help and have no idea how to fix this mess. I couldn't even get groceries. I doubt the holidays will be very happy either since I had the warranty so in case of an emergency I didn't end up in this kind of a situation. From day one AUL has been the worst!!! I had a hard time even getting any garage to deal with them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I got the vehicle for my wife and I didn't want her to have any trouble. I had coverage so that I didn't have to worry about dealing with little things. I've had service contracts with other companies, but AUL gave better coverage than Honda Care did at the time. So I chose AUL. Recently, I had some service issues with the vehicle and it was taken care of without any hassle whatsoever. The dealer spoke to them and it was seamless. I had an issue with the starter about a year ago and it was also fixed without an issue. So overall, I was very, very happy.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I also sell cars myself, so I know the importance of getting a warranty. So, when I got the vehicle, I made sure that the warranty was included. I was in an accident involving a deer, where if I had had one, it would have helped. So, that's how I ended up purchasing AUL Corp's. I had to file a claim for the front driveshaft a few months back. I had to pay a $100 deductible. I also had to pay the towing charge, but I got reimbursed for that. All of it worked out really well. Being that I work in the same business, I've dealt with some scenarios before that I wouldn't be happy to deal with. With my warranty, though, it was seamless. I was very happy with the way it worked out. Life happens. I, 100%, recommend AUL Corp. If you're gonna do it, you should do it with the same company that I did it with because of how easy it was when I had to use it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

AUL should make sure they tell the mechanic what’s wrong with the car correctly. Otherwise, it's not gonna be fixed. I tried to explain to the mechanic that came out that when I hit the gas, the car doesn't seem like it wants to go like it used to. He did the best he could and he thought that he took care of the problem. He said he did something with the throttle body, but I don't think that's what the problem was. When I hit the gas again, it eventually goes “vroom,” and then it wants to accelerate, but it doesn't feel right, still. It’s not the mechanic's fault though. He was a good guy.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I don't trust third party people who I buy stuff from. I got the warranty so in case they sell me some lemon, it's covered. AUL Corp saves me money. I’m only paying 100 bucks but I could’ve been paying out $2,500. I had a claim for changing the transmission and it was good. I told the mechanic my stuff and they called AUL and hashed it out. I got my car back, it’s fixed. You’re not gonna regret having the coverage with AUL.

AUL Corp Company Information