Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi James,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with AUL. We are so pleased everything was handled quickly on your claim and that you're back in your vehicle again.

Happy and safe driving!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I walked in at AUL Corp and did the paperwork. They had two different packages. The dealer's finance manager gave me the basic one that covered everything and I went over what the benefits of each one were. It was good as far as the warranty went. But he wasn't that great about other packages he was offering. He sold us gas coverage and then it ended up getting denied and we had to change that entire deal and it was resolved. I got a three-year 36000-mile service contract from them and I'm pretty pleased with it. In case anything would happen, my vehicle's covered and didn't have to come out of pocket.

The transmission on my car went out and I took it to the dealership the next day. They had it in the shop and looked it over the day after that which was a Friday. Then they sent one of their representatives out there to confirm the claim on Monday. AUL found the transmission cheaper than what the dealership could and had it shipped there faster. Then I had my car back by the next Thursday. It was a pretty quick in the time it was processed. It's a painless experience overall.

Resolution In Progress

AUL Corp

Hello Daniel and thank you for your time. I have reviewed your claim and it appears you have reached your aggregate limit on the policy hence the out of pocket expense you have incurred. I will message you to discuss the details further.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My recent experience with AUL Corp was at the BMW dealer. I have a deductible of $100 and just to fix the part, they had to take other things apart to get to it. AUL didn’t pay for getting to the part to be fixed and they made me pay $850 for them to get to the part. There’s a whole list of things that weren't covered. I called them and I talked to them and they said that they don’t cover that. I talked to some girl who didn’t know any more about anything that I know. And she said, “Well, that’s what the manual says here.” I told her it's not much help. And she said she doesn’t know. They should have some type of procedure to help somebody who paid $5500 for a policy. So, I got screwed and I don’t have any choice but to pay $850. I’ll never buy a policy from them again. AUL should call me and I’ll give them a mailing address to send me a check for $750.

AUL Corp

Thank you Erald for your time and honesty. We are thrilled to have been of service to you in getting your vehicle back on the road and we are honored to be a VSC provider you would recommend to your friends. Furthermore, your feedback about timely responses is appreciated, and we will absolutely share that with our service teams. I am happy we were able to reach a resolution and understanding regarding your rental bill, thank you for your time and cooperation in doing so.

Original review: July 21, 2017

We bought the three-year extended warranty contract from AUL Corp for our vehicle because we wanted to have some extended warranty there. This was advised by our dealer. Our dealership was not that responsive. It took a while before the contract was in place and there were some misunderstandings there. It seemed that they didn’t know exactly what to do. Our vehicle was registered on the trust of us and it seemed not to be possible in a trust. The dealership didn’t know that and that it had to be on a personal name. It took a little while before we figured that out but in the end, it was all resolved. The dealership could have been a little bit better and knowledgeable about the product their selling.

We have filed a claim with AUL Corp. We had a problem with steering and they had to replace a couple of things there. It took about four days before the inspector was there and then things went quite smoothly. It was approved. The only thing was I have sent an email with the bill for the rental car but I never got any answer from them. I still have to go after that. Also, they could be a little bit more responsive on things sometimes. But, it was absolutely worth it to have AUL. I would advise to a friend to go with AUL Corp if he needs to have an extended warranty contract.

Resolution In Progress

AUL Corp

Hello Hanif, and thank you for taking the time to share about your experience here. We are pleased to see your AUL vehicle service contract was of service to you, and that your purchasing and claims experience was a pleasant one overall. We do acknowledge those items excluded from our policies include bolts and hoses though we are pleased to be able to cover the items listed under your contract per your vehicle's needs. We will discuss your experience internally and ensure your thoughts are taken into consideration for future customer experiences.

Original review: July 15, 2017

AUL's service contract was offered at the time when I was purchasing the vehicle and I thought it'd be a good idea since the vehicle I had would probably have some maintenance issues. The finance manager was very kind and explained every detail to me. I felt comfortable and I'm pretty satisfied with my contract. There have been so many repairs on that particular vehicle fuel injection and AUL worked with my mechanic. They covered some things but wouldn't cover other things that my mechanic felt was a little bit peculiar. They could be a little bit more clear on what they're covering and what they're excluding from the bumper-to-bumper thing. For instance, they'll cover the fuel pump but they don't want to cover any of the bolts and different things that would be used to hook the pump up. And some of the processes was a little difficult.

Overall, most things were covered and those things got fixed so I was happy. AUL's all right and they provide average coverage but I know there's something out there that's better and I started to look for coverage for my car after 100,000 miles. There were some other companies that I might look into when I purchase a vehicle next time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a service contract for my vehicle for peace of mind and I’m 99% satisfied with it. The automobile dealer salesman was the person that sold me the contract and he knew more about it than I did, so he explained it to me. He gave me the pamphlet for the what the plan covered and recommended it. I’m 100% comfortable working with him. He was a straight shooter and he gave me a good deal. Considering the type of vehicle and the cost it was to keep, by far it was a good idea.

I’ve already filed two claims with them and the first claim was a bit more stressful than I felt necessary because AUL required an inspector to come and see the repairs that it needed. So, I was without my vehicle for 10 days and the inspector never actually showed. Somebody in their office decided to let the dealership go ahead and do the work. They send them pictures, which was good enough. But just waiting for the inspector held up the repair process for three days plus two more days because it went into the weekend. The fact that it required an inspector to actually come to the city where it was being repaired is a bit ridiculous. I understand the concept and trying to avoid being cheap or whatever but the place that I took it to was probably the largest dealership in my area and it's a reputable business and AUL should trust their opinion.

The second claim was for my rental car. And that went perfectly smoothly. I'm 100% happy with that. I called in and asked them about it and the person I spoke to told me what to do, I did it, sent in all the pertinent information and received a check within a week. At first glance, I would say it's expensive but in retrospect, it was well worth it because my first repairs were $2500 and I only ended up paying $200 out of pocket. I would tell a friend to get AUL by all means. It is complicated but worth it.

AUL Corp

John, we are thankful for your time and effort in leaving us a review of your experience to date with AUL and we are beyond happy to be of service on more than one repair! I apologize for the wait you experienced with roadside assistance and will ensure our team is aware of it. Thank you for your business, we hope to receive it again in the future.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have always bought service contracts if I have any type of vehicle I have to have a loan on. Also, my vehicle is a diesel, they're expensive, and it was a used vehicle when I bought it. The guy at the dealership recommended AUL Corp and I got a three-year service contract. They were very accommodating and did what they needed to do. There was never a question about what was on the contract. They didn't argue about anything about the first time I've had any kind of insurance claim. It took a while to get stuff done. But a lot of that was the dealer dragging his feet. I was without my truck for four weeks. But the dealer dragged his feet a little bit on getting the adjusters there and doing stuff. But I was very happy with what AUL did for me.

I've worked with the same finance manager for every vehicle that I've bought and she was fine. She explained the process very well, told me what my options were, and I went with the policy based on what she told me. My first claim was for a tie-rod end or ball-joint, the second one was for the torsion bar in the tailgate lift, and then the third one was a new engine long block which was the worst. I ended up using them for towing rather than my roadside service. I was on the highway and I had my camper with me and my roadside assistance wanted to bring everything in one place. I said, "No." The only problem was it took the guy five-and-a-half hours to get there from 30 miles away.

I got a $12,000 bill from the dealer and had a zero-deductible on it. However, I called them for the tailgate and the dealer told me it wasn't gonna be covered. They said they never had a call on it. I called the dealer back because I already told him, "Go ahead and order the parts because you're gonna pay my $300-something." AUL called them back and a few minutes later, I got a call that it was covered.

I paid $2,900-and-something for the extended warranty and it's the first time I've collected on an extended warranty out of all the vehicles I've had it on. I was a little hesitant but I wasn't gonna hesitate because it was a diesel with 46,000 miles on it. I'd better protect myself from wear-out. I put 24,000 on it when the motor went out. I'm very happy with AUL Corp and I'd recommend them as far as there's no hassle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

AUL Corp Company Profile