4.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

22 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The extended warranty I purchased from AUL Corp. was a full coverage that was meant to cover all the major parts in my '05 Ford Power Stroke pickup truck, a work truck I rely on and use everyday. The dealer's finance manager who had sold the service contract to me said that when I bought the truck, I got it qualified for the warranty that would cover all the major components, including the turbo, but except for stuff that wear out like belts and brakes, and I was willing to pay a little more to have stuff like that covered.

My truck has under 100,000 mileage and I've never had problems in the past. But the first time that I had a claim with AUL, they fought the calim and they weren't going to cover the repair work. I was really frustrated because, when I got the service contract, it only covered all the major components and it didn’t even cover my turbo. The company, Tri-State Ford, had to absorb some of the repair costs since the coverage wasn’t as cut-and-dried as I was told it was going to be when I purchased the extended warranty.

I had to clarify what coverage I was getting from my warranty. The guy that worked there at the Ford company was nice and friendly, and he told me what my warranty was supposed to cover. The next time I had a claim with AUL, I didn’t have any problems with them and Tri-State Ford did a great job. That was great service and I was happy with the warranty. At the end of the day, I got the service when my truck got fixed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

AUL Corp is awesome and I’m very happy with them. My finance manager who sold it to me gave me a little pamphlet including all the good stuff and told me what’s covered and what’s not. My ABS comp had run out so I checked the service contract into John Sullivan and they took care of it. They said that the car’s $1,800 so they were shocked to hear that I had zero deductible and I got it done for free. I would refer AUL Corp to anybody.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty a year ago for a 2011 model and it only had 36,000 miles on it. Sometimes when you’re getting a used vehicle, you don’t know exactly why someone gave it up and what’s going to go wrong with it, so I made sure that I bought one. However, the AUL reps went really fast, like they wanted to get me out the door. It was a good thing I got the warranty because the power transfer unit wouldn’t hold six months after I got the vehicle and it would’ve almost been a $3,000 job. But the guy was very hard to deal with when the unit went back. They kept asking for my copy of certain things and I bought it but I thought they would have it. They didn't tell me that AUL was outside of Ford when I got it.

It would be nice if we could get an ID card when you sign up for one insurance program. It would have all our information on it so we don’t have to pull out all those papers every single time to find them 'cause it’s really kind of a pain. They didn't want to look it up for me even though they've gotten it there. Plus, they had to have someone come out because of what it was going to cost to fix it and they had to inspect then do this and that. From the time that I put in the claim, it took quite a while before my vehicle was actually fixed, around 10 days.

Hi Sharisse,

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are pleased that your policy was there for you and your vehicle when needed. Given the description of your sales and claims experience, please give me a call at your earliest convenience as we would like to discuss your concerns as soon as possible. As the nation’s premier service contract provider, we pride ourselves on industry leading customer support and strive to ensure all customers have a great experience.

While all AUL policies are sold through individual dealerships, most provide an AUL Customer Contract Holder and you should have received one at the time of purchase, complete with an AUL Claims Card. Both the contract holder and the Claims Card contain instructions and information for filing a claim or calling roadside assistance; they are designed to be placed in your wallet and vehicle for easy access. For your convenience we will be mailing you an AUL Customer Contract Holder and Claims Card immediately, should you ever need your policy again.

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Danna

800.826.3207 ext.282

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My experience with AUL Corp has been good and I'm satisfied. Their service contract was offered when I bought the car and it's my first time purchasing from them. I got the platinum contract to have some extra protection since my daughter is taking the car to college and she's going to be away from where I'm at. I filed a claim for an air conditioner issue and I worked directly with the dealer and did not have to do anything. Their service is fair and I have already told a friend about them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

The vehicle I own is expensive to work on so I wanted to make sure I protected it. My dealer presented AUL Corp.'s warranty as a solution to high-cost repairs and said really good things about them so I signed up for their policy. When I filed a claim, the service manager at the dealership was the one that handled it and I didn’t deal with AUL Corp. directly. But they took care of what needed to be taken care of so things went fine. I know a lot of other people who owned other products through different companies and haven't had good dealings. But my experience with AUL Corp. has been excellent and they're a great company. They gave me fast and fantastic service.

Hi Chris,

We're so glad that all was handled with your repair to your satisfaction! We strive to do our utmost for our clients, so your positive review means a lot to our team. Thank you kindly!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They are awesome and really took care of my car. Put in so much more in work than I paid for my warranty and bailed me out of some very expensive repairs including a new engine, fuel pump, etc in less than one year. They are highly recommended to anyone needing an extended warranty.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I highly recommend AUL Service Contracts. Fixed the transmission in my truck. I had no issues with getting the claim approved and paid. A very pleasant experience. The service advisor informed me AUL was much easier to deal with than other warranty companies.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I really glad I purchased the extended warranty. Read the fine print to see what items aren't covered. Warranty paid for itself on first trip to dealership. Verify the coverage with what components are installed on your vehicle. I feel very comfortable purchasing a used vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

It was a good idea to buy a service contract because it was for my used car. We’ve been happy with all our warranties and AUL Corp has done a good job. However, there was something on the car that I thought should have been covered - the glove box. It started to warp over time and it would not close. We had to replace the whole thing but it wasn’t covered. But everything else is fine and there was also a drive shaft issue that they covered and we were grateful that they did. The process in filing a claim was also easy. Everything went through the dealership that did the work.

Hello Valerie,
    We're so pleased that you are continuing your relationship with AUL Corp and that you were kind enough to take the time to write a review. And so glad that the drive shaft issue has been resolved to your satisfaction!

Safe driving and thank you again for your kind words.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I got an extended warranty as I knew the repairs for my vehicle would be expensive. The rep from AUL Corp went into the details about the warranty and asked if I wanted one to which I said yes. I have filed a claim for a sensor repair and it went without any issues. AUL Corp paid my claims. I haven’t had any problems at all and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was refinancing through Blue Harbor and because they recommended AUL Corp., I decided to take it up. My first warranty came with the purchase of the vehicle and I had it until it expired. It had everything included in it and this one from AUL just covers the mechanical warranty. But I’m impressed with them. I filed claims for my fuel pump and the timing belt. I dropped my car off at the dealer and the repairs done were superior. The last repair took time because they said that they had to get signed-off by the manager and the manager was on leave. But everything worked well in the end. AUL was pretty good to work with and paying them is worth it. The warranty has helped a lot and I’ll recommend anybody to them. They were very helpful, understanding and they do what they have to do to satisfy their customers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Never had any issues at all with AUL taking care of issues with my Cadillac. It has been in the shop 3 times since I purchased it and every time they approved repairs quick with no hassle. So I will purchase warranty coverage with AUL with all my vehicles as long as I need to. Ive tried other companies just to be hassled and told, "Thats not covered."

Hello Talmadge,

We are so happy to hear you are pleased with the service that AUL provides you! Enjoy driving in your Cadillac and thank you for the kind feedback.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had several things that went wrong at one time & when I took the car to be fixed we had to wait for used parts to be sent in. I had to pay several days for my own rental car even though I was waiting on your parts to be sent. I had to pay for your slowness. I could go on for days about this experience & when I called in to Customer Service oh my goodness the way the girl talked to me - SO SAD!!!

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While I know customer service has already reached out to you, our records do show that your claim was paid in full and you received the full eight day rental car benefit outlined in your policy. While we have no record of an out of pocket rental car expense, we have since confirmed the parts supplier had a delay in delivery. As such, we would be more than happy to reimburse you for any extra rental car days their delay caused. At your earliest convenience, please contact me to process your reimbursement.

At AUL, we pride ourselves on providing industry leading customer service, and as such we would like to speak candidly with you regarding your noted experience and learn how we can be of better service.

Jacqueline

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

AUL has been difficult to work with. I have a BMW 535 and my transfer case went out. AUL will only authorize used parts for replacement. Up to now, 2 transfer cases have been put in and I'm getting ready to bring my car back to the dealer to address this issue again. There are other options in the market and I will not use, or recommend AUL to anyone. In fact several friends have purchased other warranties based on my experience.

Hi Robert,

I understand that Customer Service has already reached out to you in an effort to resolve any concerns you have, but I wanted to thank you for your feedback. As a company that prides itself on quality customer service, we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your policy. In reviewing our records, however, your initial claim was repaired with a certified replacement part carrying a 12-month, 12,000 mile warranty. Since your second claim fell within the warranty period, the part's supplier replaced it directly at no charge to you, outside of your AUL policy. Further, our records show only one other claim, in March of this year, for a completely unrelated part - a claim that was again, paid in full. While we sympathize with you if your transfer case is going out again, it should be covered by the part supplier once again. If not, please give us a call and we’ll see what can be done to get you back on the road.

We are pleased that your policy already has been helpful in saving you thousands of dollars in repairs and we hope you will reconsider your 1-star review.

Again, if you have any questions or would like to discuss your case further, please give me a call.

Jacqueline

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I've always had service contracts on cars just in case I have any issues that arise on it that were more costly than the service contract. The AUL rep who sold me the contract did a good job explaining it. They've been fair and I liked that I can pick my own shop if I have claims. But I had a problem when I recently filed a claim for my BMW. I took it to the BMW dealership and they had to replace some kind of bushings in the front side of that car suspension-wise. But when they did that, they had to realign the car and AUL didn't cover the realignment so I had to pay for it. That cost a couple hundred bucks and that's was not fair. It's the same as changing oil on the car but not changing the filter. Other than that, everything else went pretty smooth. They provide good service and it's worth the price. But they need to work on finishing the job and not just warranty a part of a problem, but warranty the whole problem.

Hello Mark,

It seems there was some confusion regarding the alignment required with your repair. It was not included in the request for coverage the repair facility sent in, though in conjunction with a covered repair, it is in fact covered. We are issuing you a reimbursement check immediately.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

Danna P.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 27, 2017

My recent experience with AUL Corp was at the BMW dealer. I have a deductible of $100 and just to fix the part, they had to take other things apart to get to it. AUL didn’t pay for getting to the part to be fixed and they made me pay $850 for them to get to the part. There’s a whole list of things that weren't covered. I called them and I talked to them and they said that they don’t cover that. I talked to some girl who didn’t know any more about anything that I know. And she said, “Well, that’s what the manual says here.” I told her it's not much help. And she said she doesn’t know. They should have some type of procedure to help somebody who paid $5500 for a policy. So, I got screwed and I don’t have any choice but to pay $850. I’ll never buy a policy from them again. AUL should call me and I’ll give them a mailing address to send me a check for $750.

AUL Corp response

Hello Daniel and thank you for your time. I have reviewed your claim and it appears you have reached your aggregate limit on the policy hence the out of pocket expense you have incurred. I will message you to discuss the details further.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I walked in at AUL Corp and did the paperwork. They had two different packages. The dealer's finance manager gave me the basic one that covered everything and I went over what the benefits of each one were. It was good as far as the warranty went. But he wasn't that great about other packages he was offering. He sold us gas coverage and then it ended up getting denied and we had to change that entire deal and it was resolved. I got a three-year 36000-mile service contract from them and I'm pretty pleased with it. In case anything would happen, my vehicle's covered and didn't have to come out of pocket.

The transmission on my car went out and I took it to the dealership the next day. They had it in the shop and looked it over the day after that which was a Friday. Then they sent one of their representatives out there to confirm the claim on Monday. AUL found the transmission cheaper than what the dealership could and had it shipped there faster. Then I had my car back by the next Thursday. It was a pretty quick in the time it was processed. It's a painless experience overall.

Hi James,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with AUL. We are so pleased everything was handled quickly on your claim and that you're back in your vehicle again.

Happy and safe driving!

Original review: July 21, 2017

We bought the three-year extended warranty contract from AUL Corp for our vehicle because we wanted to have some extended warranty there. This was advised by our dealer. Our dealership was not that responsive. It took a while before the contract was in place and there were some misunderstandings there. It seemed that they didn’t know exactly what to do. Our vehicle was registered on the trust of us and it seemed not to be possible in a trust. The dealership didn’t know that and that it had to be on a personal name. It took a little while before we figured that out but in the end, it was all resolved. The dealership could have been a little bit better and knowledgeable about the product their selling.

We have filed a claim with AUL Corp. We had a problem with steering and they had to replace a couple of things there. It took about four days before the inspector was there and then things went quite smoothly. It was approved. The only thing was I have sent an email with the bill for the rental car but I never got any answer from them. I still have to go after that. Also, they could be a little bit more responsive on things sometimes. But, it was absolutely worth it to have AUL. I would advise to a friend to go with AUL Corp if he needs to have an extended warranty contract.

AUL Corp response

Thank you Erald for your time and honesty. We are thrilled to have been of service to you in getting your vehicle back on the road and we are honored to be a VSC provider you would recommend to your friends. Furthermore, your feedback about timely responses is appreciated, and we will absolutely share that with our service teams. I am happy we were able to reach a resolution and understanding regarding your rental bill, thank you for your time and cooperation in doing so.

Original review: July 15, 2017

AUL's service contract was offered at the time when I was purchasing the vehicle and I thought it'd be a good idea since the vehicle I had would probably have some maintenance issues. The finance manager was very kind and explained every detail to me. I felt comfortable and I'm pretty satisfied with my contract. There have been so many repairs on that particular vehicle fuel injection and AUL worked with my mechanic. They covered some things but wouldn't cover other things that my mechanic felt was a little bit peculiar. They could be a little bit more clear on what they're covering and what they're excluding from the bumper-to-bumper thing. For instance, they'll cover the fuel pump but they don't want to cover any of the bolts and different things that would be used to hook the pump up. And some of the processes was a little difficult.

Overall, most things were covered and those things got fixed so I was happy. AUL's all right and they provide average coverage but I know there's something out there that's better and I started to look for coverage for my car after 100,000 miles. There were some other companies that I might look into when I purchase a vehicle next time.

AUL Corp response

Hello Hanif, and thank you for taking the time to share about your experience here. We are pleased to see your AUL vehicle service contract was of service to you, and that your purchasing and claims experience was a pleasant one overall. We do acknowledge those items excluded from our policies include bolts and hoses though we are pleased to be able to cover the items listed under your contract per your vehicle's needs. We will discuss your experience internally and ensure your thoughts are taken into consideration for future customer experiences.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I got a service contract for my vehicle for peace of mind and I’m 99% satisfied with it. The automobile dealer salesman was the person that sold me the contract and he knew more about it than I did, so he explained it to me. He gave me the pamphlet for the what the plan covered and recommended it. I’m 100% comfortable working with him. He was a straight shooter and he gave me a good deal. Considering the type of vehicle and the cost it was to keep, by far it was a good idea.

I’ve already filed two claims with them and the first claim was a bit more stressful than I felt necessary because AUL required an inspector to come and see the repairs that it needed. So, I was without my vehicle for 10 days and the inspector never actually showed. Somebody in their office decided to let the dealership go ahead and do the work. They send them pictures, which was good enough. But just waiting for the inspector held up the repair process for three days plus two more days because it went into the weekend. The fact that it required an inspector to actually come to the city where it was being repaired is a bit ridiculous. I understand the concept and trying to avoid being cheap or whatever but the place that I took it to was probably the largest dealership in my area and it's a reputable business and AUL should trust their opinion.

The second claim was for my rental car. And that went perfectly smoothly. I'm 100% happy with that. I called in and asked them about it and the person I spoke to told me what to do, I did it, sent in all the pertinent information and received a check within a week. At first glance, I would say it's expensive but in retrospect, it was well worth it because my first repairs were $2500 and I only ended up paying $200 out of pocket. I would tell a friend to get AUL by all means. It is complicated but worth it.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have always bought service contracts if I have any type of vehicle I have to have a loan on. Also, my vehicle is a diesel, they're expensive, and it was a used vehicle when I bought it. The guy at the dealership recommended AUL Corp and I got a three-year service contract. They were very accommodating and did what they needed to do. There was never a question about what was on the contract. They didn't argue about anything about the first time I've had any kind of insurance claim. It took a while to get stuff done. But a lot of that was the dealer dragging his feet. I was without my truck for four weeks. But the dealer dragged his feet a little bit on getting the adjusters there and doing stuff. But I was very happy with what AUL did for me.

I've worked with the same finance manager for every vehicle that I've bought and she was fine. She explained the process very well, told me what my options were, and I went with the policy based on what she told me. My first claim was for a tie-rod end or ball-joint, the second one was for the torsion bar in the tailgate lift, and then the third one was a new engine long block which was the worst. I ended up using them for towing rather than my roadside service. I was on the highway and I had my camper with me and my roadside assistance wanted to bring everything in one place. I said, "No." The only problem was it took the guy five-and-a-half hours to get there from 30 miles away.

I got a $12,000 bill from the dealer and had a zero-deductible on it. However, I called them for the tailgate and the dealer told me it wasn't gonna be covered. They said they never had a call on it. I called the dealer back because I already told him, "Go ahead and order the parts because you're gonna pay my $300-something." AUL called them back and a few minutes later, I got a call that it was covered.

I paid $2,900-and-something for the extended warranty and it's the first time I've collected on an extended warranty out of all the vehicles I've had it on. I was a little hesitant but I wasn't gonna hesitate because it was a diesel with 46,000 miles on it. I'd better protect myself from wear-out. I put 24,000 on it when the motor went out. I'm very happy with AUL Corp and I'd recommend them as far as there's no hassle.

AUL Corp response

John, we are thankful for your time and effort in leaving us a review of your experience to date with AUL and we are beyond happy to be of service on more than one repair! I apologize for the wait you experienced with roadside assistance and will ensure our team is aware of it. Thank you for your business, we hope to receive it again in the future.

AUL Corp Company Information