It's that easy Request Information
3.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

148 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 20, 2019

I wanted a service contract since I didn't buy my vehicle new. I went with AUL Corp and so far, the service contract has been good. I've filed several claims with them and sometimes, there was a little give and take when they worked with me through the process. AUL was a good value and so far, it worked out well. I'd recommend it.

AUL Corp response

James, thank for you comments. I'm glad we've been able to help, and, as always, if you ever have questions, feel free to call us!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

Took my truck to the shop because the OD button did not work on the shifter lever. Was declined. They said because it's not in the estate coverage. That's a $500 bill I can't afford and you well should have covered it because it is a component and that should have been covered. Just be aware they will get out of paying for something if they can.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Kracker (AKA Eddie). I was able to find your contract in our system, and I see that you have a component-specific contract – meaning a component has to be listed on the contract to be eligible for coverage. It was actually the wiring to the shifter that failed, and, unfortunately, neither the wiring nor the shifter itself is covered. Having said that, give me a little more time to review your claim.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Buying a service contract from AUL was a smart decision that I made. I’m an old lady on fixed income who has a 2002 vehicle. The people at AUL were very nice and businesslike. I filed a claim with them when my engine blew up. I dealt with a fellow named Jeremy and it was very good. I would recommend AUL.

AUL Corp response

Sharon, thank you so much for your comments! I'm happy we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: March 5, 2019

AUL Corp was recommended as a good company with the dealer I had bought it from. The service contract that I got from AUL Corp was for 12 months. I purchased the service contract and paid through the dealer rep, whose name is Isaiah. Working with him was fine. The claim experience with AUL was good. The whole claims process took a month and they did everything that was needed. The people at AUL Corp were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

AUL Corp response

Tammy, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could help when you needed us!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I wanted a service contract for my vehicle for my safety and for my own concern. AUL Corp. was presented to me the interaction with the person who sold me the contract was great. Submitting a claim to AUL Corp. was also easy and the process of getting my car back was three days long. However, if you don't have the number for your towing services, you can't get in contact with AUL Corp. on the weekend or after 5:00. Also, with the rental car, I had to pay upfront but I didn't get reimbursed. I was not fully satisfied with everything but it’s alright. I would tell others to check out AUL Corp.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Angela, and thank you for your comments. I was able to look up your claim information, and it looks like we were waiting for the rental invoice in order to reimburse that. If you would like to submit that, we would be more than happy to reimburse you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

A AUL warranty was purchased with a 2013 Cadillac SRX SUV. The vehicle was taken to the dealer from whom the car was purchased due to a dim headlight. The passenger side headlight was lit, but was dimmer than the driver side. The dealer's root-cause analysis was an issue with the wiring and required replacement. AUL denied the claim because it was an 'illumination' problem. The bulb wasn't the problem - it was the wiring. When the clever adjuster told me '..well the wiring is only there because of the bulb...' I hung up the phone - wasting anymore breath on him was going to do no good. I even offered to send him a picture of the bulb burning if he wanted - he declined. Had the dealer fix the problem at my expense and guess what - using the same bulb that was in the vehicle originally works fine - it wasn't the bulb it was the wiring. Thanks for all of your help AUL - please rush my refund.

Hi Gary,

I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. After taking a second look at the claim I agree with your assessment that we should have covered this claim. We try to adjudicate all claims according to the contract, but in this case, I think we took a little too hard of a line. We apologize for the error and in an effort to rectify the situation we ask that you please submit a copy of your receipt to us and we will reimburse you for the charges incurred.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

It’s literally been weeks since the shop originally had the car. Every day that I call to ask about the car they say that the part they ordered is defective because it fails their test drive. Keep in mind they’ve used this excuse 3 out of the 6 times I’ve called. The other times the “explanation” was that the piece they ordered wouldn’t show up on time for the mechanics to get to it. In short I believe they’re just trying to run up the man hours and parts without actually getting any results. I’d like to use your services on another shop that’ll actually fix my car.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Michael. I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can find your claim in our system? Thanks.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I bought a car from Colonial Nissan, they said that we needed a warranty. AUL Corp is the company that they use so we bought one from them. The service contract was supposed to be bumper-to-bumper, but apparently, it is not. It only includes certain parts and certain conditions. There were incidents with my engine that don't even exist anymore. One of my best friends is a mechanic and everything that the AUL guys told me was shot down by not only my mechanic but three other guys that my friend knows because he researched to make sure that he was correct. Also, their reps were horrible. They were rude and obnoxious. I am not happy at all.

I called AUL and I was flipping out. I threatened to call my attorney and I threatened to drive my car through their front window. They were telling me that there was carbon buildup on my engine from a smudge of grease from the mechanic's glove. But there is no such thing as carbon buildup in cars anymore. It doesn't happen anymore. I got the pictures and I got research but AUL didn't wanna pay for it. Colonial Nissan got them to agree to what they wanted to do and they eventually got my car fixed. It took a month though that I didn't have my car but i was given a rental car. Colonial Nissan was good and they went above and beyond to get everything covered but AUL was horrible. I would never deal with them again.

AUL Corp response

Felisa, thanks for your comments. I was able to review your claim, and I see that your own mechanic sent us a picture of the carbon buildup on your piston. That is the reason your car was having problems with oil consumption for the past several months, and that is why we initially denied the claim. If you look at your contract, that is an excluded condition. I'm sorry you felt like you were buying a bumper-to-bumper contract. AUL does not offer bumper-to-bumper contracts (no one does), and none of our sales materials imply that we do.

I see that, as you stated, we did cover the repair, but we covered it as a courtesy--not because it should have been a covered repair; again, it was an excluded condition. Every vehicle service contract or warranty has restrictions or exclusions, and we encourage everyone to understand those when they purchase one of our products. We try to be as transparent as possible with our contract language; that's why NONE of our contracts contain "fine print;" in fact, our exclusions section is in bold print.

You still have an active contract, and we will still happily honor the terms of the contract until it expires. And, by the way, thanks for not following through on your threat to drive your car through our front window! We really appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My vehicle was out of warranty and I bought a service contract with AUL Corp. They are the ones who deal with BMW Financial. I went to file a claim for my vehicle and had some repairs done. The service people were great as well as the quality of service from AUL. However, I was very unhappy because the guy who sold me the contract was very misleading. He never sent me a contract of what was covered and what was not covered, until after my car was in there. Misleading customers is totally wrong because to replace the part that he told me was covered was $1,500. I was very upset and I reported the guy to the supervisor.

AUL Corp response

Manuel, I'm sorry for the experience you had with your dealer; however, it sounds like your experience with AUL was great, and for that, I'm happy! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We bought the Suburban of my wife's mother and we had the bumper-to-bumper, up to 100,000 miles AUL service contract she bought transferred. The service contract has been good so far. Once, I contacted them to file a claim. AUL worked with the dealership and they had the car's transmission replaced.

AUL Corp response

Richard, thank for your comments. You've inherited an excellent contract! Do you need a copy of it? If so, please let me know, or feel free to call our office. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We were buying a used car and we wanted to be safe, so we got a service contract for it. We got one from AUL and we also got one for my fiancé’s truck. The truck had some issues and the contract came in handy. AUL came out and looked at the truck while it was at the shop and they told us what they would and wouldn't cover. The repair was very expensive and even if the service contract covered part of it, what we paid was still very expensive. But service contract paid for itself and so I was okay with it. AUL is a good idea for a used vehicle.

AUL Corp response

Alyssa, thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that we were able to cover at least part of your claim; I know it can be frustrating when you have to come out of pocket for things, so we do try hard to cover what the contract allows--thank you for your understanding. Please enjoy the rest of your day, and have a great week as well!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I retired from the car business after 30 years, and I know a service contract for my vehicle is important. AUL's contract has been good. Plus, my interactions with their rep were fine -- he was a gentleman. When the car's engine went out, AUL took care of it with no problems and I was very happy. I picked my car up and that afternoon the power window went out. I brought it back to the same place that put the engine in and they said they would contact AUL. I have a copy of my policy and it showed that the window was covered. AUL refused the claim and said they won’t spend any more money on the car. That has turned me very sour against AUL. I paid $318 for the window, but all I should’ve paid is the $100 deductible.

AUL Corp response

Luis, thank you so much for your comments, and I'm glad we could be there for you on your engine claim. Unfortunately, all of our contracts have maximum payout limits, and, unfortunately, your contract has exceeded that limit (see Section 8 under Aggregate Limit). Congratulations on your retirement! Have a great week!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I would give this company no stars. I spent 2600 dollars on a warranty that was supposed to cover everything but wear and tear items. I have had the SUV for 2 1/2 months and opened the sunroof 1 time and it will not close. I called them and was informed that it is not covered. I am pretty sure it is not a wear and tear item. I was also told that if we didn't use the warranty you could get a refund. LOL. What a joke, for 2 1/2 months and no claims they are going to prorate it at 91% with a 50 dollar charge. Just so sad that you can't trust anyone, whether it be the dealer (Cleveland, TN Ford), the salesman, the finance manager, or the warranty companies to tell you the truth.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Rebecca. I would like to have the chance to look into your claim; can you send me your contract number or last 8 of your VIN? Most of our contracts are parts-specific; meaning that a part must be listed in Section 7 in order to be covered. I would be happy to review that for you. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We purchased a used Cadillac from a Honda dealership and we needed an extended warranty. We talked to an AUL Corp rep and he gave us a very good PowerPoint presentation. He pointed out the value of having the AUL contract. He was very helpful to us and I was very impressed so we purchased a service contract from them. So far, I'm very satisfied. Once, I took the car to get a tune-up and the people at the Honda dealership told us that something was wrong with the timing belt. They told us that they don't do that kind of work there and that I needed to bring it to a Cadillac place. They also told me that AUL will take care of it. We then bought the car to a Cadillac dealer and the people there told us that they had to contact AUL. AUL then contacted us and told us that they were getting the work done. AUL's service contract is really worth the money. If people can get it, they should go ahead.

AUL Corp response

Deon, thank you so much for your comments; I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us! Have a great week!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a vehicle and AUL Corp offered me an extended warranty contract. It was great interacting with the manager and he was very personable. He seemed very knowledgeable and gave me a lot of information. He also pointed out any number that I would have to call if I needed to. This is the first warranty that I’ve used and it was a great experience. I was having issues with the drive shaft in my car and the U-joint. My car was vibrating, so I needed that repaired. I called AUL and asked what the process was. They said I needed to find a place to get my car fixed and that once I got an estimate, the company would reach out to them. I had to call back the first time I called because the guy gave me the address for a place to get my car fixed that wasn’t open anymore. When I called back, I didn’t have any other issues. Plus, the cost was very reasonable. I don’t have any complaints with AUL and I’d recommend them.

AUL Corp response

Jacquelyn, thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy we were able to help you with your repairs! Have a great week!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have AUL for my 2011 Kia Optima. I experienced a problem with the engine. I took the car to the closest repair shop. They determined I needed an engine. The shop contacted AUL for someone to come out and look at the car. The adjuster determined it was the engine. The adjuster didn't look into if there were recalls for the engine which Kia covers. They just paid the shop. The shop has had the car forever. I could never get the car because the shop was either closed or the car wasn't finished. I've gone back and forth with the shop. I became obvious the guy doesn't know what to do because of the length of time it had taken. The shop ended up dropping my car off at the Kia dealership. Kia thought he owned the car. They inspected the car and found it needs a lot of work. The shop messed up.

The Kia dealership asked me why didn't the AUL inspector check the system to see if there were any recalls. He would've seen the car had an engine recall and Kia would've fixed it for free without dealing with any other shop. To fix the car correctly, it's $3900. AUL wants me to take the car back to who messed it up. The shop is telling AUL they will fix it, but not responding to me. Why would AUL want a shop that messed up the car to get the car back? This has gone on for way too long. I asked AUL why they won't take responsibility for half of the damage since they were neglect in finding out about the recall. They want me to either pay the dealership the $3900 or take the car back to the shop that messed it up.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Audra. Thanks for reaching out and giving us a chance to look into your claim. The engine recall that your shop is referring to was issued in March, 2017—more than a month after your engine claim was started (1/31/2017). Checking recalls and TSBs is standard operating procedure for our adjusters, so I was initially surprised to read that we might have missed that. Unfortunately, the failures that are affecting your vehicle today are not eligible for coverage per the terms of your contract. We have been happy to cover over $8,000 in claims for you so far, and we will be here to cover any eligible components for you if you need us down the road.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey in June 2017. I had issues 2 weeks later. Took it back to the dealer. They filed a claim with AUL. It was denied. They refused to fix it. Here it is January 2019 I have an issue with my Dodge. Dealer once again filled a claim. They are refusing to pay my claim. They found a loophole with my oil change schedule to not pay my claim. Do not purchase from this company. You will greatly regret it. My vehicle is broken and I'm out of $1800 for a warranty that I obviously can never use.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Felecia, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your claim experience. Would you mind providing me with your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this further?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased my vehicle in 2013. I told the accountant that I didn’t want any scam like warranty. Little did I know he called me about a mile after I left the dealership and asked me to come back in and discuss this powertrain warranty. They have been nothing but amazing for every issue I have had with my vehicle. It has saved me literally a couple thousand out of my pocket and they are always easy to work with. My shops that I have gone to have always said, "I’m glad you are with this company due to the simplicity of the claim process". I just would like to say I highly recommend this warranty company to anyone looking around. It may seem like a lot at first but it is so nice knowing the bigger issues with my vehicle are covered.

AUL Corp response

Nathan, thank you for your comments; I'm glad we were able to help when you needed us!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was sold a lemon and the car started giving me problems after three weeks. The lights started coming on as well as the check engine light and I was told that it did that because of the sensor. The car was acting funny. When I was driving the vehicle up a hill with my family in the car, instead of the car going forward, it went backwards down the hill. I pressed on the brakes fast and everybody was scared in the car. I got the car down to the bottom of the corner and left the car right there with my family in it to call road assistance. They came and I gave it eight minutes to start the car again. Once I did, it started to go forward when I put it into drive, I wasn’t go up the same hill twice so I drove down a little bit further and it made it up the hill.

I had to submit the claim through Nissan. They took the car from me and called up AUL for me because I don’t know all this stuff. So, they did everything for me. The issue was about the transmission going. The air duct holes were bad. There were more other things wrong with the vehicle, but the gentleman said that they were not gonna pay for the whole thing if the converter was added on, and those were bad. There was also a leakage into the exhaust. They got a lot of information on what was wrong with the car and AUL denied me the second claim.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Willie. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your claim experience; however, I was able to review it a little further. It looks like we did cover your transmission, but we were unable to cover the other components simply because they were not included in your contract for coverage. Your contract is component specific--meaning, a part must be listed on the contract in order to be covered.

Again, I'm sorry this was not the experience you were expecting. If you would like to review the coverage on your contract, please give us a call, and we would be happy to walk you through it. Otherwise, feel free to read it for yourself--we don't put any fine print on our contracts. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I've been paying monthly on a three-year warranty for a used Tiguan Volkswagen 2009 with AUL Corp. I'm satisfied with the service I've been provided during the troubles I've been having. Everyone I've talked to on the phone has been on top of things and helped me out. I've gotten locked out on my car. I needed a jump and I've been blessed to have the warranty. It's a good thing that I took advantage of getting it when I had the opportunity.

AUL Corp response

Faith, thank you for your comments; I'm glad we were able to help when you needed us!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I got an AUL Corp for an older Jeep we got. There were some issues that we were going back and forth between AUL and the dealership. But for the most part I’m happy. The warranty is good and I'm very satisfied at this point. If you’re buying an older vehicle, make sure you get a good warranty.

AUL Corp response

William, thank you for your comments; I'm glad we were able to help when you needed us!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

There wasn't a warranty on the vehicle when we were gonna buy it so we put a service contract on it in case we had issues with it after purchase. The AUL Corp rep who sold us the contract walked us through and told us what the price would be and the terms. He said that we had a deductible of $100 and said that as long as it was anything done by a certified technician, that it would be covered. We walked out with that knowledge and that makes sense.

We ran into an issue where my wife's engine needed to be replaced about five months after we purchased her vehicle. My wife has a Prius, so we took it to a Toyota dealership to get it fixed and we came back with pretty much either $2,000 or $1,000 to pay because AUL would only pay so much upfront. I had to call and get with a supervisor to get it lower to the correct amount. And I still ended up having to pay about $500, which was half of what the service contract was. It was crazy compared to another extended warranty I've had on another vehicle before.

Also, we had one issue where the dealership was trying to get in touch with AUL to get the estimate put through and trying to get some paperwork back from them. He couldn't sit on hold because he's got other customers to deal with at the dealership. And I had gotten AUL on the phone and they wouldn't tell me anything. At the same time I had AUL on the phone, I also have gotten the dealer on the phone and they refused to talk to the dealer through my phone over my wife's phone. They demanded that the dealer call through his phone, even though he didn't have the time. It was crazy because he couldn't sit on the phone for 45 minutes and wait. I tried to be the intermediary and they refused to help me out in any way whatsoever.

AUL Corp response

Michael, I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with the service we provided. I did review your claim, and I see the situation you are referring to. It looks like your shop wanted to mark up the part that we sourced for the repair, and that is not something we typically cover. We did, however, work with them to offer them some markup--just not as much as they were asking. They were also trying to pass on the diagnosis cost to you, but that is something we cover when you have a covered repair. I see that we contacted your shop and made sure we covered the diagnosis, so you would not have to come out of pocket for the repairs. I'm sorry we were not able to do more for you; however, I do believe we went above and beyond what the contract requires us to do for this claim. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

As a general rule, I don't purchase warranties because of my firm belief that if a company can make money by selling a warranty, I can save money by not buying one. I've been burned by an extended warranty before and vowed never to buy another one, but the selling dealer assured me that AUL was different. It was 9:00pm, I was exhausted and I wavered and purchased the policy. The next day, I looked into cancellation and saw that I had to go through the selling dealer and I was not in the mood for a high pressure situation, so I just let it ride.

Several weeks after purchasing the vehicle, I discovered that the horn and the heater didn't work. I took the vehicle to have it serviced and after paying my $250 deductible, AUL paid $60.00 for the heater repair. The claim for the horn was denied because it was due to a failed clock spring which they considered normal wear and tear. I'm concerned that almost any breakdown could be considered wear and tear so I'm back at the place where I'm considering cancelling my warranty to put some cash back in my pocket so that I can pay for repairs. So, bottom line, while AUL did cover a small portion of one repair, I did not find it to be the hero riding in on a white horse that the selling dealer promised it to be. I'm decidedly lukewarm on the warranty and feeling a little foolish for purchasing it.

Hello Lynley
I apologize that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. Your contract is parts specific and unfortunately the components that were not covered on your recent claim are not listed for coverage under your policy. AUL is bound by the terms of the contract. Please refer to section 7 of your contract for coverage details.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I was in the military and looking to get a warranty and AUL Corp had good deals at that time. I filed what I needed to file in the service station and it worked out pretty well. Most recently, I filed a claim for my side mirrors and one of the sun shades which was not working. The work that was performed was excellent. AUL Corp keeps their word as far as any electrical or mechanical failures are concerned.

AUL Corp response

Muhammad, thanks for your kind words. I's glad we were able to help with your repairs!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I got a used vehicle. The dealer recommended AUL Corp for an extended coverage and I trusted them. Thereafter, I had a claim which was a big project and it was handled in a timely manner. My vehicle needed to get wheels and a new transmission and the dealership took good care of us as far as getting us in a loaner. I wasn’t in a rush and I would rather have them take their time and do it right. Also, I didn’t mind remanufactured or rebuilt parts being used. I've given the AUL Corp guys a big pat on the back and nothing but kudos to the people that I’ve talked to about it.

AUL Corp response

Hi Jacob, thanks for your comments. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Please review the list of details this insurance provides. It is a sketchy organization whose best intersect is not in the customer. My mechanic told me that my engine was shot. My mechanic provided all the oil change and service records to AUL. AUL asked for the two oil changes I had completed prior to using this mechanic. I quickly got them that info. Before receiving my full oil change record they denied my mechanic’s request, claiming the engine failure was due to carbon build up.

My mechanic argued the case stating there is no way they can claim this failure is due to carbon build up because the chamber is not building enough pressure. The AUL adjuster would not listen and they had made up their mind that this was the issue. My mechanic apologized to me that he could not logically reason with this attendant who appeared to have made up their mind. He stated there are many better companies than this for warranties. He was shocked at their lack of reason. The mechanic was Platinum Automotive in Lansing, KS, a highly reputable mechanic in our area. Please be aware.

AUL Corp response

Kasey, thanks for your comments. I will look into your claim and review it further for you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Bought extended warranty because vehicle was higher in mileage. Discovered water in oil and immediately stopped driving and took it to the shop where it was determined that the head gasket was failing causing damage to one of the heads. AUL denied the claim because it wasn’t an internal engine part. Should have known better. Canceling the policy.

AUL Corp response

Ken, AUL did not deny your claim because the gasket is not an internal part; AUL denied your claim due to the fact that your vehicle was not eligible for Seals & Gaskets coverage when you bought it. I'm sorry we were not able to participate in your claim, but, unfortunately, we did not have a choice.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Updated on 12/11/2018: I just left the Mercedes dealership after picking up my car. I see the notes on my previous email say resolution in process. That is a scam by AUL. They never contacted me and their whole premise is to avoid paying for your repair. BUYER BEWARE! The service manager told me an employee bought the same AUL Estate contract as me and today was told by AUL their repair would not be covered for a transmission issue. AUL is now claiming the contract is part specific. This is not true. My dealership is standing firm on both service issues saying the contract should cover the repair. DON'T BUY AUL WARRANTIES. I am cashing out my policy. What I get back will pay for my repair!!!

Original Review: I have been very unsatisfied with AUL. I bought an extended warranty and when I had my intake manifold go on my 2008 Mercedes E Class they would not cover the repair. The Mercedes dealership did not agree with Aul's decision and thought the repair should be covered under the warranty. I'm filing a complaint with the California Insurance Bureau. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told by Petra there were no supervisor working!!

AUL Corp response

Hi Carla, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the outcome of your claim. I would be happy to review it further for you. Would you mind sending me your contract number or VIN?

AUL Corp expert review by Lauren Fix

Multiple new and used vehicle service contracts for cars of any age and mileage. Provides same-day claims payment and no exclusion for wear and tear.

• Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.

• Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.

• Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.

• Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.

• Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.

• Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AUL Corp Company Information