3.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

04/25/2018

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

08/03/2018

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 8, 2019

The whole experience with AUL Corp was good and I got the work done that needed to be done. There was a little bit of a hiccup on the dealership’s part but everything else was great. We called up AUL with the policy number and they said that the policy wasn’t on file. So, the work had to get started later on in the day. We just called back, gave the policy number and it popped up just fine. I filed a claim and AUL worked with the dealer. I had a very long trip right after I got the car, so I figured with 150,000 miles, there had to be something. So, immediately, when I got to the end of my trip, I took it into the dealership to get general maintenance done and to have a look over, and they happened to catch some ball joints and control arms. It has been very smooth. Everything got covered right up to the limit of the coverage and the work was very professional.

There was a part that I needed that wasn’t covered by the policy that I had. It was part of the four-wheel drive system, but it was a sensor inside of a motor. It was a convoluted, silly thing that probably should’ve been covered, but the fault came back to a sensor and not that the whole motor had to be replaced. I got a lot of work done for the policy that I had anyway. The experience was very streamlined and quick.

AUL Corp response

Byron, thanks for your comments! Hopefully you won't need us again, but I'm glad we could help this time!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We went to the dealership to purchase a vehicle and we were looking for something that offered an extended warranty. They said AUL offered the greatest amount of mileage coverage for the price, and my husband thought it was the best for us. The lady who set us up with finances in the dealership was very nice and friendly. She put everything in simple terms, and my husband and I could understand and follow everything. I felt very comfortable.

Our motor recently had some bad system failure, and we had to get a new one. I got the number from the dealership, and they referred me to a customer service rep who explained everything. She needed to speak with my husband first and as soon as it was cleared, we got everything rolling, which was very quick. AUL did great to keep us informed on what we needed to submit and the different things to get the claim moving and to get it all taken care of, so we could get our vehicle repaired. We got a refurbished motor and AUL was awesome. They made everything easy and covered all the costs. It was a huge weight off of my shoulders and AUL did more than adequately. We're extremely satisfied and I'd buy it again.

AUL Corp response

Vicky, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to help with your claim!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I did not receive a final anything from AUL after job was completed except for this survey. I was recommended to take vehicle back to dealership for repairs, this will not happen again. I believe refurbished parts were used instead of NEW parts.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I would give them -stars if I could. I just went through almost a 2 year fight with them to fix my truck engine. They fight me until the end to not honor their contract with me. I have to hire a lawyer and hire a arbitration lawyer to fight this business. They stated on BBB they reason they denied my claim, yet would not send me a letter stating this information. During the arbitration they lied and stated they never denied me. Their reason for why they denied me and would not honor my claim did not support the report given by the investigator. This case caused me a lost for two years, but I thank God the facts won the case. They were made to pay me to repair my engine. I would not recommend them to anyone. Everyone that inspected my truck they did not understand why AUL would not fix my truck and the damage to the engine was not my fault.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Getting a service contract was the smart thing to do on a used vehicle and the one from AUS Corp for the drivetrain was offered to me. Filing a claim with them was not difficult at all. It was a bit of a hassle at first. They had to bite the thorny branch and tried to tell me I didn’t have something that I actually did have. Once we got squared away on the same information, everything was smooth. The garage and the people that sold me that contract helped me out a lot on it. It only took a day and a half to get the car fixed. The cost for their service was good. Overall, the experience was good and I would recommend the structure of the contract to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I am new to extended warranties so when my auto dealer proposed AUL, I went along. My fan belt is supposed to be changed after the 100,000 miles and I have exceeded that. I called the company and informed them that my fan belt was due for changing and to my utter dismay, I was informed that unless the fan belt fails completely, the company has no role to play. Nobody wait for a part to fail totally before replacing it so of what use is this extended warranty for which I am paying every month to me. If the fan belt fails while the car is in motion it will cause extensive damage to the engine and I am pretty sure AUL will argue that it failed because I didn’t replace it when it was due for replacement. So my question again is: of what use is this warranty to me?

AUL Corp response

Charles, thanks for your comments. I was able to find you in our system and look at your contract. Timing belt replacement is required by your vehicle's maintenance guidelines, and, unfortunately, this is not something that is covered by your contract. Normal maintenance of the vehicle is always the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. We are happy to cover mechanical failures; however, those failures are only eligible if the maintenance requirements have been met. I hope this helps.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I will never use any other warranty company again. I ended up having an issue with a mechanic and the supervisor of AUL got involved and he was absolutely incredible. I truly can’t thank you guys enough.

AUL Corp response

Samantha, thanks for your kind comments! I'm happy we were able to help when you needed us - that's our goal on every claim!

AUL Corp Company Information