It's that easy Request Information
3.85/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

90 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a full coverage plan from AUL for a Ford Explorer. A couple months after when the weather improved, we found that our A/C was not cold. The dealership told us that the Auxiliary Discharge Line for the A/C needed repaired. While EVERY other part involving this is covered, this is the ONE part that has absolutely no coverage. Ridiculous. We paid almost 3K for this coverage to have it be worthless the very first time we needed it. I will be canceling my coverage and using that insane amount of money to cover my repairs. I am disappointed and will tell everyone I ever meet to avoid this coverage at all costs.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

When I bought a car from the dealer, they recommended AUL Corp as they worked with AUL directly. I had problems with my headlights and I submitted the claim through BMW. I took my car in for repairs and other things were found that should be covered under warranty. There were delays here and there, but overall AUL covered what was supposed to be covered. The service contract is worth the money and it covered more than what I was gonna pay for.

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I bought my other car, a Honda, the man said he would never sell anybody a used car without buying AUL, so I bought it. Then after about six weeks, the transmission went out on my car and AUL made the car lot put a brand-new one in there. I really liked that so when I went to buy my second vehicle, I knew that I must get that warranty.

I bought a white Toyota March the 31st of this year. I drove it home and by April the 2nd, it was in the shop. And it stayed there for about two and a half months. It had to have part of a motor put in it and the dealership told me that I was getting a new motor. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't a new motor. I've only had it back for three weeks and now it's back in the shop again. If I had to pay for all that, it would be a nightmare. So far, all I've had to pay was $100 and the bill was $2,600. Submitting claims has been great. I didn't have to do much, other than call the car lot and tell them that I was having problems with my vehicle. Then they took over from there. I felt like I have more problems with the car lot not being truthful than I do with AUL. I would tell friends that they better get AUL if they're buying a used car.

Original review: July 9, 2018

There was no warranty with my vehicle and it had a higher mileage. So I got a service contract but the person who sold it to me could have explained it a little more. I had to have a new engine put in and I thought there wasn't anything that should’ve been paid. It would’ve been $500 for a rebuilt engine but I paid $1600 for a new engine. But it should’ve been zero. I don’t know how they worked it and they should have been a little clearer.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2018

When buying used vehicles, I'm very precarious so I wanna make sure I'm protected. AUL Corp is the dealership's standard warranty provider and I was advised to get it. Dealing with the finance manager was easygoing but it went to a whole lot of persuasion. I got their most extensive service contract and it covers everything, but there were a lot of headaches initially with AUL. I understand that they’re not in the business to pay off and protect people but to make money. They tried their best not to pay for the losses on my truck which was very expensive because of a pinion nut. A pinion nut is not covered under their warranty but the pinion, the drive shaft and the rear end are. And they're all connected to that little nut so I thought that was very convenient for them.

Afterwards, they said they’d pay $2,000 and then finally, they paid the full sum. It was ironic that I wasn’t able to get them to pay anything but the dealership, because they’re married in some way, was able to get $2,000 for the service tech for my damages. I had to talk to the manager of the dealership in Lexington, then he was able to talk with someone and they were able to fully cover it. My dealings with my rep were not pleasant at all because I wasn’t able to accomplish anything with him. AUL Corp should be fair. I got their warranty for a reason and I don’t need to be swindled. I'm trying to get help, and they shouldn’t try so hard to put a hole on those warranties. The cost of the service I got with them ended up well, but I would tell a friend of mine not to get them.

Hello Ernest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback, as it helps us better serve our customers.

In reviewing your claims process, it does appear that more than $6,800 was authorized on your repair. And in light of that positive outcome, we hope you appreciate all the effort that went into getting your car back on the road. We know that everyone needs their cars to be safe and running well, and that’s why AUL’s vehicle service contracts are so invaluable.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 800.826.3207.

Kind regards,

Danna Perry

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: July 7, 2018

My father who used to be an engineer knows how important it is to have a service contract on a vehicle. He makes sure that we always take that opportunity if we’re purchasing a vehicle from a dealership. This is my first time to purchase a vehicle from a dealership and I got a service contract from AUL Corp for engine transmission and something else. The contract covered everything, but the way that they went about it was very stressful.

The day before Easter, my family and I were on our way to church and I was driving. When I pressed the gas, all of a sudden it was not moving. I pulled over right away to the side, which happened to be a restaurant. I pulled into a parking spot and we towed the car from there to the dealership. When I took it to the dealership, there was no replacement vehicle right away. There was only a replacement vehicle for the last two days. So, the rest of the time, it had to come out of my pocket.

When the dealership was assessing my vehicle, the first thing they said was, “We’re gonna take your vehicle apart, it’s gonna cost you this much.” Then after they did that, they contacted me again on the next day and they said, “We have to go deeper into your engine and find out why this happened, but it’s gonna cost you this much.” So by the time they got the approval from AUL to go ahead and exchange the transmission, I was extremely stressed out.

They told me, “This is your responsibility if it’s not covered.” I understand that but the people who are working on my car should have known more about what should have been covered or not. It shouldn’t have gotten to that point where they were consistently calling me saying, “Well, you’re gonna have to come out of pocket $3,000 if this is not covered, but we need to investigate it to find out if it is.” Where am I gonna come up with all the money to pay for it? I was stressed out having to get those phone calls and I’ve got four kids so I can’t just not have a vehicle. We eventually ended up putting all the expenses on our credit card.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2018

I wanted to have a service contract for my car because it’s a 2005 BMW and it isn’t known for having a great track record with engine problems and suspension. AUL Corp was pushed to me by the dealership. However, my experience was not great. When I got my car to the repair shop, AUL gave all of my repair guys a really hard time about getting stuff fixed and I ended up having to pay $5000 out-of-pocket on an $8000 charge. My repair guys had to contact me three or four times because AUL wouldn’t just come out there and check the car out. They kept calling the repair shop and telling them something about how they needed to send somebody out to go check it, and when they asked about that, they didn’t get much of an answer.

It took three days for them to actually send out an adjuster to go check on the car. That was hard and now my finances are in the dirt. In the past, I had a contract on my VW before I got the BMW and the contract covered everything with nothing out-of-pocket and did it without a lot of hassle. The price of AUL contract was fairly decent and I got a military discount as well. But with everything that I have gone through with them, it's simply not worth it. I hope they would improve for other customers. At least if it’s not for my own benefit, then I would really love that this wouldn’t happen to somebody else.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your feedback. Please know we are investigating how your policy was sold because your experience certainly does not measure up to our standards.

After looking into your claims process, however, we were pleased to learn that it was fairly routine as your vehicle was inspected and had work and costs authorized to the maximum provided under the policy within two days of the initial call. Even after the dealer called a week later with additional labor charges, AUL ultimately authorized and paid out nearly $5,000 towards your repair.

And if there were unexpected delays in the repair process, please remember that every AUL policy carries a rental car benefit up to 8 days. If you have any rental car expenses associated with this claim, please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can process your reimbursement.

Again, we are pleased that your policy was there for you when you needed it, yet we do understand the hardships of having your vehicle in the shop. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail with us, I invite you to give either myself or Frank Pfister, the Claims General Manager, a call at 800.826.3207.

Jacqueline Swank

Original review: July 2, 2018

AUL offered several different levels of service contracts and I got the one right beneath the highest one. I'm more than satisfied with my contract and the dealership was great. They walked me through what the warranty company had to offer. For the type of car I got and what could possibly go wrong with it, the cost of service is reasonable. Overall, the experience I've had with AUL was great and I couldn’t ask for a better service contract.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Past experiences made me buy a 100,000 mile, 48-month extended warranty for my vehicle from AUL which is comparable to my previous service contract. So far, I'm really satisfied with it. When I had issues and I had to have the car towed, one of the managers called me back-to-back to keep me updated. I also had two claims with them. The first one was for my transmission fluid line and the process was really quick. The second one was for my engine and it was a little bit more challenging. But it was good for the most part and there was communication. The shop that I had it in worked a little bit better with AUL. AUL also got me a rental car that was really nice since the motor was coming from the AUL warehouse. AUL is a good warranty company to go with and I had an easy experience with them. It's definitely worth it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I purchased 36/36 powertrain from my dealership about less than 2 years ago. I did all the maintenance that was required with my 2008 BMW 528i. Soon as I noticed something was wrong with my transmission I took it to a certified mechanic. They told me the transmission needs to be replaced and it is going to 8500 dollars to replace it. I had them file a claim with AUL and without batting an eye they said they will only cover $4,000 dollars towards the cost and I have to cover the rest of the $4,500 dollars plus the $100 dollar deductible. I was more than furious because apparently there’s a cap on our warranties. My dealership when purchasing this warranty told me if it is covered part then only thing I have to pay is the $100 dollar deductible. I purchased the warranty for $2500 dollars.

So please don’t purchase warranties from AUL. I feel lied to and humiliated. They’ll try everything they can to not approve your claims. They’ll try to get everything out of you and use any loopholes they can. Since I did everything I asked and there’s no way they can back track they’re going with we can only cover up to cap. What kind of warranty had caps anyways. TLDR: DO NOT BUY WARRANTIES FROM AUL. THEY HAVE A CAP ON REPAIRS. I paid 2500 dollars for my powertrain warranty and they will only cover 4000 dollars on a 8500 dollar repair.

Hye,

Thank you for your post, as it is important for us to be aware of how our policies are being sold. We are dismayed by your situation and are looking into the matter further.

And while we are pleased your benefit will be maximized, your policy’s limit is a topic that your dealer is required to share with you at the time of purchase so you can determine if the policy is the right one for you and your vehicle.

If it’s not too much trouble, could you please give either myself or the Claims General Manager, Frank Pfister, a call at 800.826.3207. We’d like to learn more about your purchase experience so we can make sure our partners have the materials and training necessary to ensure your experience isn’t replicated.

Danna Perry

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had a high-mileage vehicle and decided that we should go ahead and buy AUL Corp service contract, and we did. My interaction with their rep was good. We had the opportunity to use it a couple of times recently. It took over a week to get the approval for the first repair on the car, which was a little frustrating, but they did deliver and they did cover all that was needed to be done for the car. And the second repair was immediate. So, I was fairly pleased with AUL Corp.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was shown a couple of different options for the service contract and AUL was the cheaper one. I’m very satisfied with it and I would also recommend getting it. There has been a couple of repairs done on my vehicle, where one was an engine issue, and we've gotten more than what we paid into the contract.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I bought a used vehicle and getting a service contract was the smart thing to do. My interaction with the person who sold me the AUL service contract was good and what I feel could have been improved are just marginals, like an introduction to the warranty. I would have found more information. But I got a good deal and I'm satisfied with the AUL service contract so far. I had an issue with the engine and they covered most of it. The service contract has pretty much paid for itself already with the repair.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a service contract from AUL for my truck. I'm paying $48 a month and I have that for five years. The finance manager told me that in case something happens with my transmission or if any panel of the truck gets damaged for any reason, I can take it back and they will replace it for me. A while ago, they put another motor in my truck because the one that they have, they have a problem with it. The claim was done at the dealership, but it took them really long to switch my motor.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I hate the warranty company for my truck. I had bought a used vehicle and when the service contract was sold to me, I bought the most expensive one offered. AUL told me it was so that I wouldn't have to worry about anything. If anything happened to my vehicle, no matter what it was, it would be covered. I just had to bring it to the dealership and it would get fixed. All I had to pay was my deductible and they would cover the rest. But that was not the case. They tried every different loophole they could to get out of fixing my truck every time it had to go through the shop.

When I took my truck in the first time, they tried to tell that they wouldn't honor my warranty because I should've never had my warranty in the first place because it was over the mileage. But they had taken my money and given me the warranty. I fought with them and the dealership for about three months before they finally honored my warranty. Then they wouldn't let me go to the dealership that I wanted and the dealership they made me go to screwed me over for two years. They never fixed my truck. They would tell me there was either nothing wrong with it or they would fix the exact same thing every time.

I had been in the shop about every month and I would leave it up there for two to three months at a time because the dealership would take their time working on it. And there was one time that I pulled out of the parking lot of the dealership and the check engine light immediately came on. I went back in there and it was the exact same thing they just fixed. AUL refused to let anybody else work on my truck. But when my warranty was about to run out, I finally got them to let me take it to a different dealership. The whole time, it needed a new motor but then AUL tried everything they could to nickel and dime me out of having to pay for the repairs on my truck.

I hope I'll never have an opportunity to buy a warranty from AUL Corp again. A few thousand dollars ain't a whole lot when it comes to buying a vehicle. But when you don't have a few thousand dollars to spend so that you don't worry about it, that's a lot of money, especially for them not to do what they said they were gonna do when they took your money.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your detailed feedback as it provides us the opportunity to investigate and improve the claims process and, if necessary, reevaluate our relationships with certain dealers/repair facilities.

While we are pleased that your AUL Policy covered your major claims (in excess of $10k), we do empathize with you regarding the claims experience at the dealership, as it was not up to our standards.

If you have a few minutes, we would very much like to speak with you about the dealer and speed/quality of your claims process and compare to what we have in our records. This will help ensure future customers receive proper and prompt care when making a claim.

Please give either myself or Frank Pfister, the Claims General Manager, a call at 800.826.3207.

Jacqueline Swank

Original review: May 30, 2018

The dealership talked me into purchasing a service contract for my vehicle. I knew a sports car would've been running hard with the previous owner so having the service contract was more of something that I'm glad I did and I knew I should do. When I talked with the finance manager, he explained that it's a good thing to have and I agreed with him. The fact that he wasn't pushy about it was the thing that impressed me.

Right after I blew up my car, I called AUL up and told them what happened. They told me that they have a tow truck that they can call up and to give the dealership that I bought the car from, a call to ask if they have time to get it in and of course they didn't. So I ended up going with another ASD certified dealership here in Spokane. A truck picked me and the car up, dropped me off and the car off at the dealership. The dealership service manager dealt with AUL mostly. They were kind of sticklers on wanting to know what happened to the car and why it blew up but then again it was a $12,000 motor that needed to be replaced.

It cost us $3,000 and they replaced the $12,000 motor so I can't complain that much. AUL is a good company but it seemed like I had to go to the service manager and I had to run around in circles with them trying to find out what exactly happened even though I had service records on the car within 3,000 miles of having it. I had the engine oil changed, had antifreeze checked and service records to prove that it wasn't my fault that the motor blew up.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We normally get warranties on everything. We bought a used car and obtained a warranty from AUL for the first time. Their finance managers did good and everything went well with the process. Though we had to go back and forth a few times when we filed a claim, it ended up well. We’re satisfied with them, so far.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I got a service from AUL Corp to be covered when any problems occur with my car. The service contract is a four-year policy and it's very thorough. I sent a copy of the warranty to my trusted mechanic and he seemed to think it was better than most. On the other hand, the person that sold it to me could be a little bit more educated and transparent on what the process entails.

In addition, there was some major work on the car and there was a lot of follow-ups and back and forth to get the simplest things approved. There is a lot of fraud and frivolous things that people take advantage of, but mine were legitimate issues that were supposed to be covered by the contract. They seemed to bureaucratize things to get out of it and my mechanic had warned me that they’re probably gonna fight everything that I'd do. He’s the one that did a lot of the correspondence with AUL and in the end, they approved all the claims.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I don't usually write reviews but I have to in this case to at least do my part in letting the public know how poorly I serviced by this organization. Their main issue is that they are misleading, which when it comes to car repairs can be expensive. I have an '07 GMC Envoy that randomly overheated one day. I immediately took it to a shop recommended by the warranty company. I was then told that my radiator cap was faulty and I needed a new radiator. So I went through the process to have that fixed. Within a day of receiving the car back the car overheated again. Out of concern for any possible future damage to the car I asked the warranty place for another shop to take the car to. They told me that I should return the car to the same shop, even after I expressed my concerns about the shop not correctly identifying the issue the first time. I conceded and returned the car to the same shop.

This time around I was told that my water pump was the issue and that I needed to have that replaced. After speaking with the warranty company about the issue, I was told that I would not have to pay the deductible this time around because this was an issue that should have been taken care of the first time around. HOWEVER, when I arrived at the shop I was asked for the deductible. Since it was Saturday, the warranty company was not available so I was forced to pay the deductible and hope that I would be reimbursed on Monday. After 45 minutes of speaking with representative after representative, I finally was able to get the company to re-commit to waiving the deductible. Two days after this, my car overheated again. I called the warranty company and was told that they would waive the deductible again.

However, when I took the car to a new shop I was told that the engine block had a crack in it due to the repeated overheating within the last few days. I called the warranty company to tell them what I had heard from the mechanic, when they informed me that the mechanic had already called and that my claim was denied due to "overheating" damage not being covered. Maybe in isolated thinking that is acceptable; however, in context of taking this car to a shop at the suggestion of the warranty company, coupled with the acknowledgment of the warranty company that this issue should have been solved the first time around (or the second), how can you possibly leave your customer holding the back in this situation?

This problem is the result of negligence and the subsequent problems worsened by bad faith business practice. That is why I can not recommend that anyone trust this organization to hold their end of the bargain when it comes time collect on the benefits of having your car covered by their warranty policy. They will lead you down a wrong path and leave you holding the bag when you expect them to help. I can not express how disappointed I am with what transpired...

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I buy a service contract in any used vehicle I buy but with the service contract I had before, I’ve never used the plan at all. This AUL Corp was the second service contract for a used vehicle that I’ve purchased which I’m glad I did because they had to replace the motor. However, they had a lot of arguments with the mechanic where I purchased the plan from. The mechanic where I purchased my car from has a shop as well. So, there was a lot of argument between those two. Nevertheless, they were able to handle it on their own. Although I did have to pay over $600 out of pocket expense for them to replace the motor because the plan would not cover some of the parts they had to replace when they reinstalled it. I wasn’t very happy about because I had paid $2500 for this plan which was supposed to cover everything.

I had left one message to AUL Corp and no one returned my call. They didn’t talk to me directly at all. Nonetheless, the cost was fair because it would’ve cost me six grand to replace the motor if I hadn’t had the plan. So, I saved half basically. However, AUL Corp should be in contact with the person that actually purchased the plan and not just the mechanic. Still, I will recommend them because they did honor the policy.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 23, 2018

AUL is the worst. Why buy warranty to get damaged used parts put on my truck. AUL told shop to use a used transmission with a crack in a part. My truck has been in shop over 3 weeks now. And AUL has truly been hard to communicate with. AUL is not good and sells a good lie to get you to buy. I will not recommended them to anyone.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Getting a service contract with AUL Corp was well worth it and I would definitely recommend them. I’ve read reviews online and there’s a lot of people saying not to buy a warranty because it's a rip-off. And I’m saying, thank God I have that warranty. I've already filed a claim for a couple of repairs. First, there was a faulty fuel pump shortly after I purchased a vehicle and I took it back to the place where I bought the truck. They took care of it really quick. Then, everything was replaced on my 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4 x 4, from the radiator to the engine transmission.

Throughout the process, I had some periods of frustration. There was anxiety mixed in there because there's a very big repair that needed to be done. So we took it to a shop in town. I'm familiar with this shop since they had work done on my car before. The manager of the shop dealt with AUL and there was a lot of back and forth because it was a big repair job. That had me worried because if the engine and transmission wouldn’t have been replaced through the warranty, I would’ve been paying for an 8000-pound paperweight. It was basically a $13,000 repair.

In the end the shop told me that they would supply the motor. It has a three-year warranty but AUL is saying they're going to supply any motor but it has a one-year warranty only. If I had any complaint is that I want a motor with a three-year warranty because I don't know where you buy motors with a one-year warranty. All in all, the repair took longer than I thought it would take. And while the engine was replaced, all the outside stuff that goes on the engine like oil and all the hoses, belts and spark plugs add up. I paid $1000. But still if I didn't have the warranty I would’ve been screwed. Now that I’ve been through the process I'm satisfied with AUL.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We have an AUL Corp service contract on my lease. In addition, we bought a new used and we have gotten a service contract for it. The rep who sold me the contract said I was qualified and asked me if I wanted it. I did, so I signed the paper. The process took 10 minutes. He was upfront and honest with me. We had to file a claim on my husband’s truck that we had gotten in October. The claim process was fine. However, the dealership had it for over a month and they were trying to get answers on whether we could get a loaner. Three days before the truck was fixed, they finally said that AUL Corp said we could have a loaner. I wasn’t really happy with that portion of it. We needed a second car because we’re a two-car family and my husband works midnights, so he would have my car at night. If something were to happen to me or the kids, we'd have a car. All in all, we are satisfied with the contract.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My vehicle was a diesel and it was an older one. The dealership wasn’t willing to warranty the vehicle at all and I didn’t want to walk out of there with no warranty at all. I got the engine, transmission, front differential, rear differential and transfer case warranty from AUL. It was a good thing I bought AUL’s warranty because two days after I bought the truck, it blew up. If it wasn’t for AUL covering the truck, I would’ve been stuck with a $20,000 truck with a blown up engine. The dealership took care of the claim for me and AUL dealt with them. After five months, it finally worked out. So far, I’m satisfied with my contract with AUL. AUL’s cost is great for the quality of service I got and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

When I was at the car lot, the people suggested that I buy a service contract for my vehicle from AUL Corp. So far, I am satisfied with my contract. They really paid through the snoot on this one. They paid for my engine replacement and it was a lot of money.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have AUL so that if something goes wrong, I will be covered. This is the third time I’ve obtained a service contract from them and I always go with the estate service contract. I have used them on every car we have. Recently we did the straps on my wife's car. The shop called AUL up, AUL okayed it and the work was done. I'm satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I'd never owned a diesel truck before and I knew there are expenses that could add up so we made a smart decision to buy a contract with AUL. The last time I bought a vehicle from the same dealership, it was a MasterTech warranty and not AUL. I got a similar warranty but it was just for gas pickup trucks. MasterTech doesn’t offer a warranty for diesel vehicles and AUL is one of the better ones to get. The dealer's finance manager showed me my options and then laid out the prices. The process was pretty standard.

I have a pending reimbursement for my cooling system in my truck and it has taken a little longer than what I’d like but so far, I've been satisfied with my contract. I was comfortable with the rep and I had worked with him before in my previous car. He was a nice guy. The fee for the service contract is about $600 a month and it can be a little pricey if I were to pay it outright, but it’s on my loan so I don't even notice it. I would tell friends to go ahead and look into AUL, especially if they’re buying diesel.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been calling since Monday regarding car issues and yes, I have a contract. Please refer to the 6 digit VIN number in lieu of the contract one. I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am with the ride and unprofessional agents. Namely an Erica in claims and an Eva in Roadside Assistance. Where to begin... I called on 2/27/18 and was warmly greeted by Erica (note sarcasm). Right off the bat, she had a snotty attitude and could hear the condescension in her voice when I asked her what my next step would be behemoth my car was ready for retrieval. I asked her. I called them with the estimate, to which she yells, "Oh no! The shop NEEDS TO CALL US!" I then told her that this was my first time using the warranty. She was very rude and said, "That's why we are here!" I received no apology nor any sort of compassion regarding having a broken down vehicle. So I hang and thought, "Oh maybe it's just a bad day."

I had been reading on your website what "wonderful and awesome" customer service you provide. Yet, I hung and felt like I was inconveniencing her. She and other reps need to comprehend that car breakdowns are stressful and could do with a little empathizing. This was my first encounter with the lovely Erica. On 2/28, I called again and lucky me, I got her again. Joy! I could tell it was the same woman due to the abrupt way she answered the phone and the abrasive attitude! I asked her if we could do a 3-way with the shop because my car was completed. She practically yelled and said, "No! The shop needs to call us!"

I had enough and told her that I did not appreciate her tone and that I was escalating the call to a supervisor because I felt that she was treating me like I'm an imbecile. Rather than saying, "I apologize and let's start again." She proceeds to say, "I did not call you stupid". I reiterated that I want a supervisor or another agent. I then get Nicole on the line and I could distinctly hear Erica in the background blabbing and carrying on. Yes, I've worked in call centers and I am familiar with them. My point is that she should have taken that behavior off the floor. I was blessed or cursed with sonar hearing and that is just unprofessional. Customers and coworkers don't need to hear the mad rantings of someone who probably needs to listen to some Bob Marley or get a hug!

Fast forward I get Nicole and ask for a supervisor. I'm placed on hold for 5 minutes, Nicole comes back and says that she will take my information and a supervisor will call me back. Twelve hours later and no call. That just proves the lack of customer service. I am saddened because I do not feel valued or appreciated. Needless to say I paid out of pocket $400 for my car because I could predict how the call with shop would have went. I am on disability and would prefer to starve for a week rather have the shop call. If you can treat your customers like that, who's to say you won't treat the shop employees the same? I intend to write reviews on whichever site with let and file a complaint with the BBB. -Unhappy in Hawaii.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

The regular warranty ran out on my car and I wanted to keep it. The dealer that I have been dealing with for years recommended AUL Corp. I went ahead and extended the warranty with AUL Corp. The finance manager gave me the pricing on it and I did it because I trusted him. I have had one claim and it went great. It was strictly through the garage and I didn't have any personal communication with AUL but the garage took care of it. I would recommend AUL Corp to anybody.

AUL Corp expert review by Lauren Fix

AUL Corp. got its start in 1990 and today provides consumers with multiple new and used vehicle service contract options. Choose from a variety of terms that fit best with the number of miles on your vehicle or the number of months you’ve owned it.

• Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.

• Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.

• Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.

• Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.

• Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.

• Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AUL Corp Company Information