ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

AUL Corp covers my whole truck from front to back. And every time I've called them, they always took care of me. They’re the best extended coverage there is because they don’t hassle you about getting anything fixed. You call them, you say you got a problem with your vehicle, and even if they have to send an adjuster to take it out, they cover it. It doesn’t matter what it is.

I tried AUL once back in around 2015. I had the Altima and heard about them. I’ve heard of a few others and heard people have complaints. I read up on AUL and looked up who’s who. Most of the time, people are gonna tell the truth on the internet when it comes to certain things. If it’s good, they’ll say it’s good and they give it a good rating, and if it’s not, then they’ll say that it's a scam. Everybody said that AUL was pretty decent and I tried them.

After my first claim, I knew I was instantly hooked. When I called them and told them I had something going on with my engine, they sent an adjuster out. They figured the issue out with the shop and it was the timing chains and the guides in the car. That was almost a $1,500 job, but they didn’t have a problem covering it. They took care of me at that certain time and I really appreciate it because that was the only car I had at the time. You pay a little price for AUL, but in the long run, it’s worth it. I had more things happen than what money I put in and they still didn’t have a problem. You can’t beat a warranty like that. My warranty would be ending at the end of this year and I’m going to purchase them again.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought the drive train coverage for my 2001 Highlander, because of having to replace a transmission in my prior vehicle. I didn't want to face that expense again! When the Highlander began shifting late and metal shavings were found in the fluid, it was time to submit a claim. I simply provided the warranty paperwork to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted AUL and followed their instructions.

The entire process was completed without a hitch. When I picked up my vehicle from the repair shop I paid my deductible and the small portion that was not covered under the warranty and drove off. I called the repair shop to follow up with them about a week later and was told by them that they had received payment from AUL the same day I picked up my vehicle. The mechanic was very impressed with AUL and stated that this was the easiest and most professionally handled extended warranty claim he had ever processed. That seems like high praise coming from a mechanic who deals with all kinds of warranties on a regular basis.

AUL Corp response

Lynn, thank you for your comments! We try hard to provide a smooth claims experience - both for our customers and their repair shops. Happy motoring!

Original review: July 8, 2019

The whole experience with AUL Corp was good and I got the work done that needed to be done. There was a little bit of a hiccup on the dealership’s part but everything else was great. We called up AUL with the policy number and they said that the policy wasn’t on file. So, the work had to get started later on in the day. We just called back, gave the policy number and it popped up just fine. I filed a claim and AUL worked with the dealer. I had a very long trip right after I got the car, so I figured with 150,000 miles, there had to be something. So, immediately, when I got to the end of my trip, I took it into the dealership to get general maintenance done and to have a look over, and they happened to catch some ball joints and control arms. It has been very smooth. Everything got covered right up to the limit of the coverage and the work was very professional.

There was a part that I needed that wasn’t covered by the policy that I had. It was part of the four-wheel drive system, but it was a sensor inside of a motor. It was a convoluted, silly thing that probably should’ve been covered, but the fault came back to a sensor and not that the whole motor had to be replaced. I got a lot of work done for the policy that I had anyway. The experience was very streamlined and quick.

AUL Corp response

Byron, thanks for your comments! Hopefully you won't need us again, but I'm glad we could help this time!

Original review: May 30, 2019

In the past, I've had problems with vehicles and they weren't covered under warranty. My father used to work for General Motors and we always got extended warranties on a new car. So when I had an opportunity to get one, I got one on a used one. The salesperson at Lou Fusz showed me how much the AUL warranty cost and how I’d really lose a good deal. So she pretty much didn’t have to sell me. I already knew I was gonna get it if it was offered because it just made sense. It covers my Buick GMC up to 200 and something thousand miles and I've used it once. The dealer that did the repair just told me to fax in a copy of my oil changes to a fax number and address them with “Attention: Mark.” The people at the dealer's were very professional.

AUL Corp response

Christopher, thanks for your review! I am glad we were able to help on your repairs and get you back on the road. We (and Lou Fusz--a great partner) appreciate your business and your trust in us!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I purchased a used truck for my 16-year old son, and not knowing the history other than a clean CarFax, I purchased a warranty from AUL to be safe. Unfortunately several months later, the lifters began knocking. First, the dealership where I purchased the vehicle reached out to AUL and were told that if there was any sludge in the engine, no repairs would be covered. Fortunately after risking taking the motor apart and having to personally pay for this, no sludge was found. Unfortunately, there were metal shavings in the motor, and the dealership mechanic and GMC both stated a new engine would be necessary.

AUL refused these recommendations, and only chose to pay for the lifters. I have no idea at this stage if this will be a reliable vehicle for my teenage son, as AUL chose what to do what was best for their bottom line, rather than pay for the coverage I purchased in good faith. If you purchase a used vehicle, I can not recommend AUL. They will disregard factory and mechanic recommendations, and do the bare minimum in repairing your vehicle.

AUL Corp response

Mr Travis, you are very welcome and we are sorry to hear that this was not communicated to you. We definitely understand your frustration. I do see there is a note that the service writer we were originally dealing with no longer works there. Maybe something got lost in the shuffle. I will have our adjuster reach out to them as well.

Ryan

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I have a higher mileage truck and another that comes with issues. I figured why not have everything covered and got coverage through the dealership. It's added on to my payments. I also recommended it to a few people that I know are going to look at cars. When my fuel pump went bad, I went to the dealership and the dealership handled it all from there. It was super simple. I just put down the $100 deductible and it got repaired.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

AUL Corp was offered when we purchased the vehicle four years ago and we’re satisfied with it. It has been very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

When I bought a 2003 Dodge two years ago, it had a diesel engine in it and I said that I was gonna buy a service contract just in case I needed it. The rep was no hard sell. He said, “Here it is. Take it or leave it,” which is the way it should be. When he presented the contract, he said, “This is an option for you.” I liked the option and said I'd take it. I've filed a claim for the water pump and the rear transmission mount. The shop called AUL and told them what the problem was. The guy then asked me if that was it. I said yeah. If you were worried about repairs or if you want someone to pay your repairs, then buy a service contract from AUL.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Zero issues. The mechanic shop said it was one of the easiest claims to settle. The company had already sent the check prior to me even picking the truck up. Despite the poor reviews I saw, this claim disputes them all.

AUL Corp Company Information