Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS
  • Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state
CONS
  • Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

Cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We're glad we got AUL Corp for our used pickup ‘cause we actually needed it. We had to have an injector pump put on the pickup and then we also had the front differential go out on it. They told us what they were gonna cover and everything got taken care of. The cost was fair as well. However, they need to do a better job of clarifying with their clients as far as with the dealerships. We had no bad experience contacting AUL, but there were some things that were unclear and it was confusing for a while. We had to find some different things out, and through a little investigation, they were cleared up. My wife used to write service contracts through GMAC and a couple other ones, so she knew a lot about it.

Most people don't read through the fine print, but my wife goes through the fine print very thoroughly and she could not find the limit. If there's a limit, that needs to be clear. They said, “Well, you have a limit on it.” I said, “It wasn't disclosed to us what that limit was.” They need to do a better job of making sure that that is on the upfront because that's where the confusion was. Once we got it clarified, everything worked out. AUL Corp has been good and I would definitely go through them if I bought another one.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I also sell cars myself, so I know the importance of getting a warranty. So, when I got the vehicle, I made sure that the warranty was included. I was in an accident involving a deer, where if I had had one, it would have helped. So, that's how I ended up purchasing AUL Corp's. I had to file a claim for the front driveshaft a few months back. I had to pay a $100 deductible. I also had to pay the towing charge, but I got reimbursed for that. All of it worked out really well. Being that I work in the same business, I've dealt with some scenarios before that I wouldn't be happy to deal with. With my warranty, though, it was seamless. I was very happy with the way it worked out. Life happens. I, 100%, recommend AUL Corp. If you're gonna do it, you should do it with the same company that I did it with because of how easy it was when I had to use it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I bought a vehicle from a dealership previously and had about $3,000 worth of work done to it. I already had this van looked at and was told that it was good to go. But there are a bunch of stuff wrong with it which are the same things so I bought a warranty with AUL. This is my wife's van and it had been in twice now while on the insurance.

Our experience with the dealers was pretty good but not with the dealership. I'll never go back to that dealership ever again where I bought the vehicle from. That dealership is owned by Toyota. It's a car lot where they don't wanna sell those cars on the Toyota or GM lot or they have a separate sales lot for them. Compared to the dealership, the Toyota dealers do good work. There are a couple of guys in there that are different. But some of the managers are questionable for what they consider safe.

The dealership we go through now is Toyota here in Rhinelander. The service people have been very helpful with us and took care of an issue that we had previously. They seemed to care about it versus the other place that did not really care. The individual who had done the work on our vehicle is good. I don't mind paying if the work is done right.

The dealer's finance manager was good. We dealt with them before so he was familiar with us. We bought another car from the same sales rep. It went pretty smoothly. He told us they covered everything. And although I don't think what they told us is 100% of what the contract is, that's fine. It's just the sales pitch was angled a little differently. I felt comfortable with the rep for the most part thinking that he had the best interest in mind for us.

The service contract has been pretty good for the most part. But it surprises me how expensive a nut and a bolt can be. And it's kind of astonishing that that part is not covered under the warranty. And sometimes the bolt is like 50 bucks and sometimes it's not. It makes no sense that I can go to the store and I can buy a bolt for $1. That blows my mind because I can buy a part at a car parts shop nearby. It's like three bucks from the dealership and pay maybe a 10th of the price for a part. That aside, I'd tell friends to do AUL especially if they are not sure of the vehicle. Our first claim on our van was more expensive than the warranty.

Original review: July 14, 2020

AUL has been fine but it hasn't been with the service providers. They finally took care of what they should have in the first place. Two days after I purchased my 2016 Ford Escape with 95-some thousand miles on it, some engine light came on, “Service Now.” I was out of state so I called Honda and they told me to use my extended warranty out of state. I had to line up the service for it. That service department did not fix the problem even though I had to pay it to get my car back. I came back to Missouri where I live, called Honda, and told them what happened. They got my car back in and fixed the problem.

I have another problem with it. If it rains and I have the air conditioner on, the passenger side floorboard floods with water. So, I took it to get fixed on my own. I went to a different shop than Honda. The guy said he cleaned out what he could and would not charge me. Hopefully, I won't have the problem again. I haven't been in the rain and the air conditioner going since then.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My experience with AUL Corp was phenomenal. The dealership in Lafayette, Louisiana where I purchased my truck from offered me the extended warranty and I read through it and I really liked the offer. I bought the best extended warranty that they had and I only had to pay 35% upfront. AUL Corp has been very honest and generous. They were very helpful and easy to work with. I'm thinking seriously about extending my warranty which should be up in six or eight months.

I had a transmission issue back in 2019. Then the second issue I had were the drivetrain issue very recently. For the first one, AUL didn’t send any adjusters. For the second time, they sent an adjuster to the shop and he was very thorough and he went through everything. Later on, they called the shop and told them to proceed with the repairs. Then when I was about to pay my deductible, I ran into this taxes thing which was worth more than my co-pay. My last warranty coverage didn’t pay taxes for some reason and AUL had me pay the bill taxes, which I really didn’t understand and I didn’t see it anywhere in the contract. But I had been happy with their service so I felt that I could just let go on something for them.

I've had some coworkers and friends that had extended warranty with some other companies and their experiences with them have been terrifying. They’ve been scammed. With AUL, even when my truck broke down, they came through and kept their promises. That’s why I'm not gonna stop doing business with them. If I have any other vehicles besides my truck, I will surely go with them if it has no warranty from the dealership or the manufacturer.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I purchased a 2011 Cadillac CTS from Sac River Auto in Davis, CA on April 26, 2021. At the time I purchased the car, I also bought the extended warranty to cover any issues that came up. There is no future start up date listed on this warranty application so no time limitations in my estimation. I took the car to the Cadillac dealership in Chico, CA to get a new fob and have it paired with the car (the one that came with it was in sad shape). Unfortunately, the service engine soon light had come on and I had them go ahead and check it out. They needed to replace a couple of valves that were leaking, and all 4 motor mounts are broken. A $2500 fix.

The dealership contacted AUL and they said since the contract was so new, they wouldn't cover any of the problems with this car. I did purchase it AS IS, but it was my understanding that an extended warranty, that has been bought and paid for, as part of the purchase of a vehicle was good for the duration of the contract - no matter what the timeline. I realize that I have not had the car very long, but did not anticipate any issues this early in the process. I live on a fixed income and this is quite a hit.

Original review: April 13, 2021

It was very difficult to deal with both the dealership and AUL. They both wanted to point fingers at each other saying, “We can't do this because it's the other one's problem." I finally ended up having to call and get both of them on with me instead of one call and saying one thing, and then the other call, it saying a different thing. And I'm paying for a warranty. For one, I shouldn't have to worry myself about that. They should be able to work that out between themselves. The warranty process was hard to deal with. I was very dissatisfied with the whole process. But AUL went above and beyond. Because when I bought the truck, the family that I bought it from, they weren't with the gentleman when he purchased the truck. So they didn't hear the dealership say that you had to take it back to the same dealership to have it serviced.

I took it to a different dealership, to one that was quite a bit closer to me. AUL did warranty the truck at a different dealership within 60 miles of the previous dealership. But the only reason that they did that was because of me being told by the person that I bought the truck from that I could take it to any Ford dealership, they would warranty the truck.

Then when AUL told the dealership that they wouldn't deal with the dealership anymore, that it had to be taken back to the previous dealership, they called me with a bill, saying that I had a $175 diagnostic fee. Then I was going to have to have it towed to the other dealership because the truck wouldn't run. I finally got ahold of somebody at AUL. They ended up warrantying it because there was going to be that fee. Because I point-blank asked, “Who's gonna pay?” because I was told one thing. I had to go through the whole process of getting the warranty transferred over into my name. I asked the agent that I dealt with, “I'm taking the truck to this dealership. Is that okay?” She said, “Yes, that would be no problem.” So, when I called back and I spoke to the supervisor to get that all worked out, they did warranty it at a different dealership.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Great warranty! I had quite a few issues with the transmission and was replaced by dealer I purchased from all expenses paid by AUL along with rear axle bearings and seals. Very cooperative and understanding and it was nice to speak with a person when I had questions. This warranty company was a lifesaver!

Original review: April 11, 2021

Thank you so much for everything and taking care of me when my vehicle was in need of repairs. I will recommend AUL to everyone I know that will be purchasing a new vehicle. Thank you once again for everything!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I have purchased several new cars and had extended warranties. This company has proven to be the best warranty company. There is never a hassle about coverage. The representatives are always pleasant and professional. The peace of mind is worth the investment, even if you never have to use it.

AUL Corp Company Information