4.47/5
  • 1 star
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

39 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My daughter's Volkswagen was bought used and we started having some minor issues about four weeks later so we took it into the dealership. The mechanical data told AUL Corp that it was owner neglect and it had no oil in it so the warranty company refused to pay for it. Somebody said that because we didn’t buy the car from them, they didn’t want to work on it. The warranty company finally agreed to a second opinion. They took the car to another place where they said that it had oil in it and it was not owner neglect. They tore the whole thing down and the warranty company sent people in to look at it themselves and they also agreed that there was no owner neglect. There was a valve chain that had messed up.

It took over two months for the car being in the shop and back and forth with the warranty company before we finally got it fixed. My daughter had a car payment and no car to drive and it was really aggravating. The only thing AUL Corp would do is to give her $30 a day for five days for a rental car. AUL Corp paid the $5000 and we had to pay a $100 deductible to get the car fixed. There was no, “I’m sorry for the inconvenience” so it was a very bad experience and they were not helpful. We paid for a warranty and they refused to do anything. If they have had problems with a body shop in the past, they should tell the dealership to not send a car there.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was told a service contract would cover my problems and I believe in having one, which was supposed to cover bumper-to-bumper, but I wasn't sold the right one. When I bought my vehicle, Unique Motors told me that the sunroof was acting up, but I might as well wait a couple months, so they didn't look bad and that it was covered under my warranty. And I went in and found out the sunroof is not covered under my warranty and I'm not happy about that. They need a complaint filed on them about that. I wish I had the contract when I bought it, so I’d have known what I was buying, instead I was only given a flyer. I was never sent a contract till I asked for one six months later. I think it's a good contract once you realize what you have, and AUL has been nice, but I'm not happy with the Unique Motors.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I needed to have some reassurance when I bought a used car so I obtained a three-year service contract from AUL Corp. Though the finance manager was okay, I wasn't told that I could only bring my car back to them to have to get it serviced. And they are 40 miles away from my home. Despite being quite far away, I had already filed a claim for two different things, which were handled by the dealership. They worked well. Overall, I had a good experience with AUL Corp.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We had bought two separate 2012 BMWs, and they were both out of warranty. We bought service contracts, which were about $2,000 per vehicle, from AUL Corp at the dealership when we bought the cars. We had a few claims for our BMW 323i. And for the 2012 BMW X5, it has been an absolute nightmare, some of it is just the car itself and a bit of it is the way that AUL decides how they were going to pay for something. Six months after we owned the car, it sat at BMW for three months straight. And BMW had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with it, but the only way AUL would decide if they were going to pay for something is for BMW to completely take it apart. We had to agree to pay upfront if AUL didn’t pay, but they had to completely take whatever the issue was apart and then give AUL 48 hours to come out and look at it.

And then for the first repair, AUL made us use a used part, which wasn’t any good when it came. We had to wait longer, but the sad part was the used part wasn’t what ended up being wrong with the car. It has something to do with where the wiring part is, which they ended up repairing while it was there for three months. AUL paid between $4,000 and $6,000 for that repair. Also, we’ve had miscellaneous stuff that went back in over the last year. Two months ago, the X5 went back to BMW for an oil change. My wife had them look at different things while it was there since it was leaking oil. They said that the valve seals were bad, so they did some work on that, which cost $6,000. We went to pick the car up and it wouldn’t start. They then told us that the engine had completely seized up. The car is still in BMW but now, they replaced the engine, and AUL put in another $8,900. So, AUL had paid $20,000 towards that car now.

The warranty has been kept and I was a little frustrated about that since we had to come up with so many thousands of dollars. Nothing we ever read gave us that indication. I didn’t understand it being kept since it was not explained upfront, but the service manager said he had only seen it twice in 30 years, so it’s not something common. With AUL paying $9,000, we were still going to be liable for about $11,000. And then BMW absorbed a big part of it. The car has broken down at least three times and sat there for three months each time. It wasn't necessarily the warranty’s fault. They can’t control if the car’s going to break down, but part of the delay is the process that doesn’t involve the warranty. The most recent time, BMW had to take the engine completely out of the car, take it apart for AUL to come check it out and decide if they were going to cover it.

At the end of the day, we took our car to BMW, assuming they knew what they were doing. And months into it, the car is still not fixed, and it is the more frustrating part. Even though we’re frustrated in some parts of the process, I can’t be frustrated with a company that paid $20,000 towards a car that I wish somebody would just set on fire. I would still recommend them, simply because people need a warranty. And our overall experience with AUL was fine and we're happy with what they’d done.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The extended warranty I purchased from AUL Corp covers anything from front to rear, the motor, transmission, and everything exterior. Blaise at Joe Ricci was awesome, and he sold me the one that he’d seen with the best price. It covers everything that we needed it to cover. I purchased the contract in case anything happens to my vehicle, and so far, I'm very satisfied with it.

We ended up using the extended warranty. It was a pain when we bought it, but it paid for everything. They had our car at the shop for a month and a half. Our car needed a motor and a trans after only having it for six months. So, they saved us a lot of money, and they ended up covering all that. We only had to pay for some fluid. The cost is amazing and it’s definitely worth it. I would definitely refer somebody to AUL Corp. It was amazing for us to be able to not have to worry when our car broke down. We took it to the shop and they dealt with everything at the shop. They kept us informed, so it was nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I bought a service contract from AUL Corp for my vehicle, and their representative was straightforward as far as what is covered and what I have to do if something happens to my car. I filed a claim for my engine, and I had it rebuilt. They took a lot of steps and the process took a while, but everything got resolved.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We got a bumper-to-bumper warranty from AUL Corp for the first 36,000 miles for our vehicle to have it secured if anything happens to it. The warranty was priced a bit high but it wasn't overpriced since it covered what we needed. We've already used it when the turbo of my husband's pickup truck blew up. AUL replaced the turbo since it was covered. There was a bit of a hassle when we submitted the claim to the dealership, but that wasn't horrible and our interactions with the finance manager was fine. Our experience with AUL has altogether been satisfactory.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your AUL Policy was there for you and your vehicle when you needed it. If there was an area in your claims process that AUL could improve upon, we'd love to hear about it. Your input allows us to improve upon our industry leading customer service. Thank you again!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a used vehicle and I thought a service contract from AUL was a good idea. I got it back in May of this year and there were three tiers and I got the best one. The dealership started the claim process because my vehicle needed new cam phasers and the rear defrost wasn’t working so I needed to replace that window as well because the defrost grid is in there. I thought there was going to be a lot of back and forth and arguing but I was pleasantly surprised about the entire process. The response was good and they paid out $4,000. It was really smooth and easy. I just got the vehicle back and it’s working well now.

Hi Gregory,

We are thrilled that your claims experience was a positive one. We work hard to take the stress out of getting you and your vehicle back on the road. Thank you for the kind words!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Very good, but I was informed that I used up the coverage amount and the policy was voided prior to time and miles expiring. I still had a few thousand miles left. I will consider another AUL policy next time also.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Since my vehicle's a 2010 and did not meet McCluskey Chevrolet for a lifetime warranty, I bought a service contract from AUL Corp. My vehicle was a few thousand miles over. I got the middle contract and I'm very happy with it. I had a lot of work done on my truck three weeks after getting the plan and it only cost me $252 when it would have cost me $3500.

The finance manager was very professional. He showed me three different programs and explained them to me. I picked the one that I could afford because I'm on a fixed income now. He was very good at what he does. Plus, he takes the time to get to know the people he's talking to. I was very happy with him. I took my truck back because it had a vibration and a squeaking coming out of the motor. Plus, once I get up to about 78 miles an hour, my AC would kick off. The guy in the service bay and I didn't hit it off very good at first. He said there was no code showing. I told him that I build high dollar race engines and that I know when something isn't right in the motor. He said that the squeaking is a belt. But I told him no, that the squeaking is coming from inside the motor. He repeated that there are no codes showing. I said that I didn't care if there's a code showing or not. There's something wrong with my truck.

A few days later, they called me and they said it had a couple of bad lifters and it had scarred the cam up pretty bad. They put a new cam, lifters and some other stuff in it and it's running fine now. Until you go through something like this and have to use it, you really won't know what to expect. But things went really smoothly and quickly. They had my truck for 10 days and by the time the adjuster came out and looked at it, they had all the work done. AUL Corp is well worth the money and I tell everybody about it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I got AUL for my son's car that had 30,000 miles and the warranty was already going to expire because the car is past the mileage. We took the best coverage available from them. The rep was very easy to work with and very friendly. Submitting a claim was easy and the whole process went well. AUL had to send someone out to do an investigation. Then, after they determined that the engine needed to be replaced, they had to look for another engine. That took a week or two. It took almost a month in the shop but that’s understandable because the whole engine needed to be replaced, so I was patient.

My son had to rent a car and it was also covered by the insurance. There was a little bit of limitation on it, but it was only for a few days. The service adviser had made an exception. Overall, I'm very satisfied and happy with AUL and I’m thinking of getting it for my older car. It already has 70,000 miles and anytime, anything could happen. I would definitely recommend AUL.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

As far as I know, everything went well with AUL Corp. Our Wrangler was used and we weren't sure of the history on it so we got an extended warranty for it. I've always felt that an extended warranty is well worth the money when you're dealing with a car of unknown history. The salesman offered us several different levels and we got the basic package.

We filed a claim and they wound up replacing the engine. It wasn't easy and we had to deal with the dealership regarding who was going to pay. Then the dealership had to prove that there was prior damage and then negotiate with the extended warranty company regarding who was going to pay for what. All in all, communication with the dealership could have been better, but so far, so good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

AUL Corp was excellent. I got a contract that covers pretty much everything. The dealer's finance manager was pretty good and recommended AUL. He was honest and I was comfortable working with him. It was an older vehicle and I recently needed to have repairs done on the transfer case. Filing a claim was relatively easy. The dealership called AUL and explained what had to be done. Then the dealership called me to give the approval. I'm happy and I can't complain.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Our Ultima had a lot of miles on it and the original warranty was running out. So, through the dealership, we bought the vehicle protection that was one of the top ones from AUL and it was a good experience. We're very satisfied with the contract so far. The policy did what it was supposed to do and the service was worth it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

In the event that the regular maintenance and parts of our used vehicle fails, we have a comprehensive service contract from AUL to cover the expenses. It covers everything except the onboard electrical. We wanted a comprehensive contract when we were looking at the coverage, but there were certain things that couldn’t be covered like Bluetooth functionality. When I was purchasing the contract, I talked with the representative from the dealership and felt comfortable. He outlined the packages for us, was informative and helped us make a decision. We also had a few vehicles before so we have made all the stupid mistakes we needed to make to know what we needed to get this time.

We filed a claim when we had transmission issues. I took the car to the dealership for service but they needed to call the warranty company to see if these were covered. They got back to us after a day and told us what was covered and what was not, but the AUL inspector had to make sure that that’s what was actually going on. It took him a couple of days before he came and gave a second opinion, so I was driving a vehicle that needed repair during that time. If it was undrivable, I would have to pay for a rental car myself. That was the only difficult part of the process, especially scheduling trips with the dealership. The inspector could have been more available.

Then the vehicle went in and got the repairs done for what was approved. The approval process with the inspector took longer than expected, but the cost for that was all on the dealership. They didn’t charge us for anything outside of what our warranty covered, which is exactly what we needed. I had a good experience overall.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that your AUL Policy was there when you needed it. Just wanted to add that your policy, like all AUL policies, includes a rental car benefit for up to 8 days. Please refer to your policy for details.

Additionally, since we contract third party certified inspectors all across the country, we do require up to 48 hours to inspect the vehicle.

Thank you again for your business and happy driving.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The extended warranty I purchased from AUL Corp. was a full coverage that was meant to cover all the major parts in my '05 Ford Power Stroke pickup truck, a work truck I rely on and use everyday. The dealer's finance manager who had sold the service contract to me said that when I bought the truck, I got it qualified for the warranty that would cover all the major components, including the turbo, but except for stuff that wear out like belts and brakes, and I was willing to pay a little more to have stuff like that covered.

My truck has under 100,000 mileage and I've never had problems in the past. But the first time that I had a claim with AUL, they fought the calim and they weren't going to cover the repair work. I was really frustrated because, when I got the service contract, it only covered all the major components and it didn’t even cover my turbo. The company, Tri-State Ford, had to absorb some of the repair costs since the coverage wasn’t as cut-and-dried as I was told it was going to be when I purchased the extended warranty.

I had to clarify what coverage I was getting from my warranty. The guy that worked there at the Ford company was nice and friendly, and he told me what my warranty was supposed to cover. The next time I had a claim with AUL, I didn’t have any problems with them and Tri-State Ford did a great job. That was great service and I was happy with the warranty. At the end of the day, I got the service when my truck got fixed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased a new vehicle and the AUL service contract was one of the offered things at the dealership. I got AUL's 48,000-mile warranty and I’m happy with it. I had engine troubles and the dealership dealt with the claims process. I didn’t have any service record on the car before I bought it so originally it wasn’t going to get covered but then they switched to covering it. And they covered most of it. The engine blew and it got replaced. I was satisfied with the repairs and the maintenance.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

AUL Corp is awesome and I’m very happy with them. My finance manager who sold it to me gave me a little pamphlet including all the good stuff and told me what’s covered and what’s not. My ABS comp had run out so I checked the service contract into John Sullivan and they took care of it. They said that the car’s $1,800 so they were shocked to hear that I had zero deductible and I got it done for free. I would refer AUL Corp to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty a year ago for a 2011 model and it only had 36,000 miles on it. Sometimes when you’re getting a used vehicle, you don’t know exactly why someone gave it up and what’s going to go wrong with it, so I made sure that I bought one. However, the AUL reps went really fast, like they wanted to get me out the door. It was a good thing I got the warranty because the power transfer unit wouldn’t hold six months after I got the vehicle and it would’ve almost been a $3,000 job. But the guy was very hard to deal with when the unit went back. They kept asking for my copy of certain things and I bought it but I thought they would have it. They didn't tell me that AUL was outside of Ford when I got it.

It would be nice if we could get an ID card when you sign up for one insurance program. It would have all our information on it so we don’t have to pull out all those papers every single time to find them 'cause it’s really kind of a pain. They didn't want to look it up for me even though they've gotten it there. Plus, they had to have someone come out because of what it was going to cost to fix it and they had to inspect then do this and that. From the time that I put in the claim, it took quite a while before my vehicle was actually fixed, around 10 days.

Hi Sharisse,

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are pleased that your policy was there for you and your vehicle when needed. Given the description of your sales and claims experience, please give me a call at your earliest convenience as we would like to discuss your concerns as soon as possible. As the nation’s premier service contract provider, we pride ourselves on industry leading customer support and strive to ensure all customers have a great experience.

While all AUL policies are sold through individual dealerships, most provide an AUL Customer Contract Holder and you should have received one at the time of purchase, complete with an AUL Claims Card. Both the contract holder and the Claims Card contain instructions and information for filing a claim or calling roadside assistance; they are designed to be placed in your wallet and vehicle for easy access. For your convenience we will be mailing you an AUL Customer Contract Holder and Claims Card immediately, should you ever need your policy again.

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Danna

800.826.3207 ext.282

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My experience with AUL Corp has been good and I'm satisfied. Their service contract was offered when I bought the car and it's my first time purchasing from them. I got the platinum contract to have some extra protection since my daughter is taking the car to college and she's going to be away from where I'm at. I filed a claim for an air conditioner issue and I worked directly with the dealer and did not have to do anything. Their service is fair and I have already told a friend about them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

The vehicle I own is expensive to work on so I wanted to make sure I protected it. My dealer presented AUL Corp.'s warranty as a solution to high-cost repairs and said really good things about them so I signed up for their policy. When I filed a claim, the service manager at the dealership was the one that handled it and I didn’t deal with AUL Corp. directly. But they took care of what needed to be taken care of so things went fine. I know a lot of other people who owned other products through different companies and haven't had good dealings. But my experience with AUL Corp. has been excellent and they're a great company. They gave me fast and fantastic service.

Hi Chris,

We're so glad that all was handled with your repair to your satisfaction! We strive to do our utmost for our clients, so your positive review means a lot to our team. Thank you kindly!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They are awesome and really took care of my car. Put in so much more in work than I paid for my warranty and bailed me out of some very expensive repairs including a new engine, fuel pump, etc in less than one year. They are highly recommended to anyone needing an extended warranty.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I highly recommend AUL Service Contracts. Fixed the transmission in my truck. I had no issues with getting the claim approved and paid. A very pleasant experience. The service advisor informed me AUL was much easier to deal with than other warranty companies.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I got an insurance from AUL Corp. for my used car. My dealer's finance manager told me that the insurance will guarantee that if anything happens to my car within 6 months, it will be fixed. I filed a claim recently and it was a repair for one of the spark plugs. I told AUL Corp. where I was taking my car and they handled everything. They worked very quickly and saved me thousands of dollars. All in all, my experience with AUL Corp. was short and sweet, and I would tell a friend about it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I really glad I purchased the extended warranty. Read the fine print to see what items aren't covered. Warranty paid for itself on first trip to dealership. Verify the coverage with what components are installed on your vehicle. I feel very comfortable purchasing a used vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

It was a good idea to buy a service contract because it was for my used car. We’ve been happy with all our warranties and AUL Corp has done a good job. However, there was something on the car that I thought should have been covered - the glove box. It started to warp over time and it would not close. We had to replace the whole thing but it wasn’t covered. But everything else is fine and there was also a drive shaft issue that they covered and we were grateful that they did. The process in filing a claim was also easy. Everything went through the dealership that did the work.

Hello Valerie,
We're so pleased that you are continuing your relationship with AUL Corp and that you were kind enough to take the time to write a review. And so glad that the drive shaft issue has been resolved to your satisfaction!

Safe driving and thank you again for your kind words.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I got an extended warranty as I knew the repairs for my vehicle would be expensive. The rep from AUL Corp went into the details about the warranty and asked if I wanted one to which I said yes. I have filed a claim for a sensor repair and it went without any issues. AUL Corp paid my claims. I haven’t had any problems at all and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was refinancing through Blue Harbor and because they recommended AUL Corp., I decided to take it up. My first warranty came with the purchase of the vehicle and I had it until it expired. It had everything included in it and this one from AUL just covers the mechanical warranty. But I’m impressed with them. I filed claims for my fuel pump and the timing belt. I dropped my car off at the dealer and the repairs done were superior. The last repair took time because they said that they had to get signed-off by the manager and the manager was on leave. But everything worked well in the end. AUL was pretty good to work with and paying them is worth it. The warranty has helped a lot and I’ll recommend anybody to them. They were very helpful, understanding and they do what they have to do to satisfy their customers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Never had any issues at all with AUL taking care of issues with my Cadillac. It has been in the shop 3 times since I purchased it and every time they approved repairs quick with no hassle. So I will purchase warranty coverage with AUL with all my vehicles as long as I need to. Ive tried other companies just to be hassled and told, "Thats not covered."

Hello Talmadge,

We are so happy to hear you are pleased with the service that AUL provides you! Enjoy driving in your Cadillac and thank you for the kind feedback.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I had several things that went wrong at one time & when I took the car to be fixed we had to wait for used parts to be sent in. I had to pay several days for my own rental car even though I was waiting on your parts to be sent. I had to pay for your slowness. I could go on for days about this experience & when I called in to Customer Service oh my goodness the way the girl talked to me - SO SAD!!!

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While I know customer service has already reached out to you, our records do show that your claim was paid in full and you received the full eight day rental car benefit outlined in your policy. While we have no record of an out of pocket rental car expense, we have since confirmed the parts supplier had a delay in delivery. As such, we would be more than happy to reimburse you for any extra rental car days their delay caused. At your earliest convenience, please contact me to process your reimbursement.

At AUL, we pride ourselves on providing industry leading customer service, and as such we would like to speak candidly with you regarding your noted experience and learn how we can be of better service.

Jacqueline