3.4/5 (34 ratings)

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About AUL Corp

AUL Corp. provides vehicle service contracts to help drivers with the cost of unexpected repairs. AUL Corp.’s service contracts are effective on the day of purchase, and you can get same-day payment on claims. AUL offers warranties for a variety of vehicles, regardless of year or mileage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Covers new and used cars
    • Available in every state
    • Several deductible options

Cons

• Most VSCs can only transfer once
    • No pricing on website

Bottom Line

AUL Corp. offers a wide range of policies, but it doesn’t sell directly to consumers, so you can only buy through a dealership. AUL doesn’t handle payments either, so you’ll have to deal with your lien holder.

Top AUL Corp Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

AUL has been extremely easy to deal with when I have had claims. Their customer service is miles above par when it comes to processing repair claims. I have recommended them to co...

Verified

... I had quite a few issues with the transmission and was replaced by dealer I purchased from all expenses paid by AUL along with rear axle bearings and seals. Very cooperative a...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is AUL?

AUL offers a wide range of vehicle coverage products to help you protect your finances, including vehicle service contracts, gap protection and ancillary benefits. Ancillary protection products include coverages such as emergency roadside assistance, key replacement and scratch repair.

Most AUL vehicle service contracts are transferable, renewable and cancelable. Coverage is active the same day it’s purchased. The company also offers same-day claims payment, with many claims paid in as little as two hours.

AUL Corp. products

AUL Corp. offers a wide variety of contracts and coverage options to help you protect your vehicle.

Here’s a list of AUL’s vehicle service contract offerings at the time of publishing:
    • Absolute Lifetime Powertrain & Exclusionary Coverage
    • Absolute Certified Powertrain & Exclusionary Coverage
    • Absolute Reserve Care Lease Maintenance
    • Absolute Reserve Care Plus Exclusionary Coverage
    • Absolute Unlimited Time
    • Absolute AUL-Tech - Advanced Coverage for Advanced Technology
    • Nearly New Vehicle Protection
    • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage and Unlimited Time Terms)
    • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage and Unlimited Time Terms)
    • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
    • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
    • Powertrain Plus
    • Powertrain 3/50 and 5/100 Coverage
    • Essentials Coverage
    Gap protection helps pay the balance of your car loan when your car is totaled. This is helpful when you’re upside-down on your car loan and owe more than your vehicle is worth.
    Additional benefits available from AUL at the time of publishing include:
    • Emergency roadside assistance
    • Vehicle theft protection
    • Advanced appearance protection
    • Prepaid maintenance/vehicle maintenance packages

AUL warranty plans

AUL offers a number of different warranty plans to cover different vehicles’ needs. Here are some coverage details (at the time of publishing):

These plans include coverage for your vehicle’s:
    • Brake pads
    • Electrical components
    • Wheel alignment
    • Fluids
    • Green vehicle components
    These plans include coverage for every part of your vehicle except specific items — mostly those considered normal maintenance.
    • Touch/display screens
    • Wi-Fi data connection
    • Video and gaming components
    • Forward, backup and 360-degree camera
    • Accessory power point connection
    • Keyless access and remote start components
    • Tire pressure monitoring system
    This plan includes coverage for every part of your vehicle except specific items — mostly those considered normal maintenance.
    • Turbocharger/supercharger
    This plan tier can be broken into three coverages:
    • Essential Coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Brake group
      • Front/rear suspension group
      • Cooling group
      • Seals and gaskets
    This category includes multiple plans listed on AUL’s website, like:
    • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
    • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)

These plans all offer similar coverage options, outlined below:

• Powertrain coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Hybrid/electric vehicle group
      • Seals and gaskets
    • Vintage coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Powertrain coverage items
      • Power Steering group
      • Air conditioning group
      • Electrical group
    • Domain coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Powertrain and Vintage coverage items
      • Brake group
    • Estate coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Powertrain, Vintage and Domain coverage items
      • Front/rear suspension group
      • Cooling group
      • Enhanced electrical group
      • Hybrid/electric vehicle group
      • Hybrid/electric vehicle battery
      • Seals and gaskets (extended)
    • Reserve coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
      • Powertrain, Vintage, Domain and Estate coverage items
      • All components not considered normal maintenance by the manufacturer

AUL warranty coverage

AUL Corp. covers both new and used cars, and it advertises an option for any year and any mileage. Roadside assistance benefits from AUL Corp. include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump-starts and tire changes.

If you’re covered and you need a repair, you have to take your vehicle back to the selling dealer, assuming you live within 60 miles and they have a repair facility. The dealer then diagnoses the issue and contacts AUL. If you don’t live close enough or your dealer doesn’t make repairs, you can go to any licensed repair facility.

AUL warranty cost

AUL Corp. doesn’t provide prices on its website, which is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of your vehicle.

When submitting a claim on a covered item, the only thing you have to pay is your deductible. AUL Corp. says that most claims are paid within two hours.

AUL Corp. has various deductible options that range from $0 to $100. The company also has a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes.

AUL Corp. FAQ

Who accepts AUL warranty?
    AUL plans cover repairs at any licensed facility in the United States or Canada. However, you may be required to go to the dealership you got the warranty from first.
    Are AUL car warranties transferable?
    Most AUL car warranties are transferable, but they may only be transferable once. To find out whether yours is transferable, refer to your contract or contact the company.
    What is AUL’s cancellation policy?
    Most AUL policies are cancelable. Specific cancellation details can depend on your contract. A cancellation form must be signed by you and the dealer and submitted to the company. You’ll also need an affidavit with the vehicle’s true mileage reading at the time of the request.
    How do I file a claim with AUL Corp?
    To file a claim, you need to get your vehicle to your selling dealer, provided you live within 60 miles of them and they have a repair center. From there, the dealer diagnoses the issue and contacts AUL with an estimate. If you don’t live within 60 miles of the selling dealer, you can take it to any licensed repair facility.

Is an AUL warranty good?

AUL Corp. is a solid option for an extended auto warranty. It has multiple plans available for an array of vehicles. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp. products are available in every state, so it may be worth contacting the company for a quote.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I filed two claims. I had to have new injectors put in at a GMC dealer. The dealer said the AUL representative had just walked out the door when I came in with injector problem. He said they deal with them all the time. The second time, I had a hub go out. My mechanic had dealt with other car warranties, but he didn't want to do it. I gave him AUL's number and he said said it was no problem. I get calls all the time about the warranty stuff. There are scammers but AUL is not. It's a legit company and I'm glad I did it. Because my vehicle's a diesel and they're expensive to fix.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

AUL Corp was awesome. Everything went smoothly on their end. But one thing that can be improved is that they talk to me when they talk to the places working on my vehicle. Because I had no idea. I trusted that the guy was legit, but he wasn't. And touching base with me, because he told me one thing, then I would call AUL and they would tell me something else. I found out something different in the end from AUL. Please communicate with the customers regarding what they are doing with the company or with the company that is doing the work because those people are getting away with some shady stuff and customers are paying for it out of the insurance thing. I hate to see that because good customers end up losing money in the end because shady mechanical companies are doing stuff and they end up taking the downside of it. Had I known some things, I would have gone somewhere else.

I was grateful I had AUL because they took care of me and I didn't realize the company that was doing the work was so shady. If they communicate with customers more, then they would know actually was going on and we can communicate with them. The guy even took some parts off my Jeep that he was not authorized to, so it was bad. He told me for weeks, “Yep. We should be done this week.” Then I called AUL and they told me the truth. “No. We haven't even got the adjuster out there yet.” The guy put 100 miles on my jeep.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

For people who are gonna buy a car, it's always good to have a warranty, which is AUL. Having one is very helpful for your pockets and with the payment you're making, it's worth it because you never know. One day, you're going to have big car issues, and with this, you are covered. When you're trying to make a claim, you have to wait a bit longer, but other than that, it's fine. The package I chose covers everything. I already had some issues with the car and made a claim, and they said, "No, it was covered." I like the warranty so far. I also like the fact that AUL gave an option where I don't have to pay a co-pay, and when I call, the people are very helpful.

AUL Corp response

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My dad is in a car dealership business, so he's aware about the best coverage. When I told him that I needed something that was going to look out for me, he said he had a company that would work for me and he got me AUL Corp. He looked at what the policy would cover in the event something happens and said that they may be my go-to moving forward.

So far, they've been excellent. After I got my warranty, I started driving my car and it sounded like my gears wouldn't shift. I went to Nissan and they said they'd take a look at it. Then they called me back and told me that I had AUL Corp. I already had it in my mind that I was going to end up having to pay at least a couple of $1,000 but I paid them a deductible and they came through for me. Even though I didn't get to speak with them initially, the way that I was handled when I needed them to come through for me with the dealership was a breeze. I ended up needing a transmission and they took care of that. They also ended up taking care of the leak. But everything else that was maintenance, I took care of it. I would recommend AUL Corp. to everybody because of my experience. If anything was going to prevent me from not operating my vehicle at full potential, they would take care of it and I'm more than grateful.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for this positive feedback!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The dealer sold me the AUL contract and he told me about the specific details like how all the moving parts are covered. My car broke down and I just called someone to tow it up and get me to the dealer. The AUL reps were pretty responsive. I gave the dealer the AUL insurance number and he said that the thing that broke down was not covered. AUL's warranty is okay given the things that are covered. If those break, it's gonna be one hell of a cost so compared to that, the warranty is okay. You should go for AUL if you're buying a used car. For that, I would surely recommend them.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for your review. We do our absolute best to take care of our contract holders.

Original review: May 24, 2022

The experience with AUL Corp was very good. I had an old car, so I had a lot of repairs. I also had to spend money so it didn't cover everything, but it was better than nothing. It helped out and did what it could do. An improvement could be if they honored a yearly oil change. Other than that, they were wonderful. They had a lot of places I can take my car if I chose to. But I stayed with one person. They were very good.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I had a dead battery and the starter of my car went bad. I had the work done and they sent me a check. They only took off $100 which is the deductible. The way they sent me that check, I was surprised. I didn't think I was gonna get anything. The only thing was it took me a little time to get a hold of them.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Purchased the extended warranty from company engine went out one month later and was told that they would not cover it, I was told that it was my fault and would not honor the contract. Attempted to get refunded for warranty and went through a hard time was not fully refunded for, I know the car was an older car that was the reason the warranty was purchased. Horrible experience.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The rep who helped me sign up was fine. Their cost is comparable to others.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The proper order for replacement was not available to me on your website. However, I have submitted one of the repairs preceding the replacement which should have been done outright but due to the arcane manner in which a repair has to be vetted, I had to pay for repairs that would not have had to be done had the engine replacement been done at first. The ability to contact anyone or receive a response is at best poor.

Quick and easy. Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner.

AUL Corp Company Information