3.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

04/25/2018

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

08/03/2018

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

185 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 8, 2019

The whole experience with AUL Corp was good and I got the work done that needed to be done. There was a little bit of a hiccup on the dealership’s part but everything else was great. We called up AUL with the policy number and they said that the policy wasn’t on file. So, the work had to get started later on in the day. We just called back, gave the policy number and it popped up just fine. I filed a claim and AUL worked with the dealer. I had a very long trip right after I got the car, so I figured with 150,000 miles, there had to be something. So, immediately, when I got to the end of my trip, I took it into the dealership to get general maintenance done and to have a look over, and they happened to catch some ball joints and control arms. It has been very smooth. Everything got covered right up to the limit of the coverage and the work was very professional.

There was a part that I needed that wasn’t covered by the policy that I had. It was part of the four-wheel drive system, but it was a sensor inside of a motor. It was a convoluted, silly thing that probably should’ve been covered, but the fault came back to a sensor and not that the whole motor had to be replaced. I got a lot of work done for the policy that I had anyway. The experience was very streamlined and quick.

AUL Corp response

Byron, thanks for your comments! Hopefully you won't need us again, but I'm glad we could help this time!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I bought the vehicle, the dealers were the one who sold me the plans of the warranty from AUL and stuff that they carry. When you go to a dealership and you’re gonna purchase something, it would be good to leave there with information like what it covers instead of it just being like a desktop where you’re sitting there in front of the finance manager. Then, it’s like, “Okay, well, this is this plan, this is this plan.” So you’re just looking at it on their desk like as a date or big calendar. If I had a handout or a PDF, I could scroll through there and make a better judgement. But it was nothing against them.

The deductible is low but I have used the warranty and I still had to pay outside of the $100 deductible. If anything goes wrong you don’t know if it gets covered. And they cover this and may not and it’s not the fault of the warranty. It’s just that you just gotta call them and figure out, “Well, is it covered or not?” Also, the cost is fair. If I’m buying a used vehicle, who’s outright gonna pay a 100% on these types of things.

I filed a claim for for shocks and another one for my engine and it was great how AUL worked with me through those processes. The repair place that I took it to dealt with them. They did their deal and then the repair place informed me what AUL would cover and what they would not. The Brakes Plus and Phoenix where I took my vehicle to were really good about the turnaround. It has been good when it comes to the warranty work, the turnaround, and the feedback that I get from Brakes Plus whenever they communicate with AUL when I take my vehicle in. They’re really responsive with the mechanic shop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 16, 2019

My car has the best coverage on my vehicle, yet they wouldn't cover what the mechanics said was the problem with my car. I've been paying into AUL for four years now with not one complaint about my car, but now my motor mounts went bad on my car and they wouldn't cover them! I only have 73,500 miles on my vehicle now. The "inspector" said that the mounts weren't the problem, but my motor was moving from side to side. I will never buy AUL again. Had to pay out of pocket even though it should've been covered and I'm paying into it!

AUL Corp response

Good morning Malcolm. I was able to find your account in our system, and I have reviewed this claim. I will PM you with more details.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2019

It took me forever for them to find my account. I finally speak to someone in your office and he promised to fax my info to Jeep dealer and he did nothing. I had to pay for the service to my car. Worst experience ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Antonio. I was able to find you in our system, and the only claim that I see is a roadside assistance claim. If this is the claim you paid out of pocket, then please forward the invoice to us, and we would be happy to reimburse you. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We work with local roadside assistance companies that each have their own protocols; however, they represent AUL, so we take concerns such as yours seriously. I will pass along your comments to them.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Worked with Autoworks here in Castro Valley. They diagnosed a faulty condenser which was leaking. Found a replacement for my car which is a GTO and pretty hard to find parts for. Service contract covered majority of the cost of work. Happy I chose the coverage.

AUL Corp response

Aljeron, thanks for your comments, and I'm happy we could help when you needed us!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I haven’t gotten anyone to contact me or be in proper communication with me since I signed a contract with you guys. No one has fixed my issue. I don’t know what else to write. Y’all should just call me lol.

AUL Corp response

Allison, I'm sorry if your experience has been less than what you expected. It looks like we did speak with your shop, but they were unable to demonstrate a failure. Unfortunately, with no problem found, there is nothing for us to cover at this time.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I am pleased with their service however, I wished they would of used an identical engine instead of one that dealership had to configure to operate in my make and model vehicle. I did not understand why the Adjuster would not speak to me the client, but, life goes on.

AUL Corp response

Amanda, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could get you back on the road!

Original review: June 24, 2019

Recently bought a car with the AUL service contract supposedly covering 36000 miles or 3 years. We have had so many issues with the car it’s ridiculous. Engine problems, axle problems, you name it. And every time we try to make a claim they find a way to get out of it. Recently we’re having an engine seizing problem and they refused to cover it due to “lack of maintenance” because we couldn’t provide records of oil changes that happened out of state. Terrible customer service with no sympathy, please do not get a warranty with them if you are buying a car. Save yourself the headache.

AUL Corp response

Francheska, thanks for you comments. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this for you? Thanks.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

When I purchased my Chevy traverse the dealership suggested that I add in an extended warranty through AUL, and they provided fantastic customer service. Being a single mother I thought it was a good idea. At the FIRST SIGN of trouble, NO ONE at AUL wants to help me! I was stranded 4 hours away from home, while taking my daughter to the hospital! The first rep stated that my warranty would cover the cost of this repair. The dealership that the car is at, said that it's only covering PART not even HALF of the repair cost! I called AUL again, to see if the dealership was honest with me, because of reviews on said dealership. Not only are they not honoring the warranty I have, there was NO ONE that would help me! I would not recommend this company for extended warranty, because when you need them, they won't cover what is supposed to be covered!

AUL Corp response

Sabrina, thanks for you comments. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this claim for you? Thanks.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2019

I got a bumper-to-bumper coverage from AUL but I'm gonna cancel it because they're making me return the vehicle to only one dealership to get work done. This is outrageous. It's a 20-minute drive from my house. There's a dealership that's close by that they will not let me go to.

Hello Christopher
If taking your vehicle to the dealership where you purchased is to much of an inconvenience, you are welcomed to take your vehicle to any licensed repair shop of your choice. We only ask that the repair shop call with a diagnosis and estimate before any repairs are made.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I felt like getting a service contract for my vehicle was a good idea, and since AUL was offered at the dealership, I went with it. The salesperson was cool and they weren't overly pushy. I got coverage for the engine and transmission, as well as smaller things. It's not 100% bumper-to-bumper but they've fixed everything I needed fixed on the vehicle. I've had to contact them a couple of times to get my vehicle towed, then whenever I take my vehicle to the dealership, the dealership calls AUL, making sure it's covered under the service contract. And it has been good for me so far.

AUL Corp response

Christopher, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Paid $4500 for the extended warranty. Almost year later my transmission went out, and they won’t even cover half the bill. So now I’m stuck with the $4500 upfront bill and more than half the repair bill. Would not recommend AUL!!

AUL Corp response

Hi Casey, thanks for your comments. I was able to look up your contract and claim in our system. Your particular contract has component-specific limits of liability - meaning, it has a maximum amount that it will pay out depending on the component that failed. In your case, AUL paid everything that we could toward the repairs needed. I'm sorry we could not help more; however, we did fully honor the terms of the contract.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Purchased a used 2008 Ford F-150 with 114,500 miles in September of 2018 alongside a powertrain service contract by AUL for $2100. Engine made unusual noises and tried to stall out on me at low rpm (500-600rpm indicated on tach) after a short towing trip after owning for 8 months and 4000 miles, drove(here is the key to this whole thing right here) to dealership to diagnose. At the time no overheating warnings or check engine codes were showing. Dealership did some tests that involved doing some more towing and backing up with a 4000lb trailer and determined that I had cam phaser isuses. Engine was partially disassembled and it was found that I had scoring on the cam caps and cam journals.

After a very long wait (1 week) AUL finally decided to send out an inspector. Inspector agreed with the dealership that my motor did in fact need to be replaced, a nearly $8000 repair bill for a reman motor or around $6000 for a like and kind used replacement. Instead of authorizing either of those options, they decided that because the truck was operated after damages were suspected that they would only cover $2100 of a motor replacement. The extent of the operation was a .5 mile trip to the dealership. No repairs to my current motor were authorized. After arguing with a representative for around 30 minutes, I gave up on getting any further with them. I understand what this company is now, they'll happily take your money at sale day but when you've crossed your t's and dotted your i's with maintenance and service they will still find a way with petty details to run away with your hard earned cash at the end of the day.

Maybe if I had been a little more diligent with a tow to the dealership I could have won the lottery with this one, you can do 99% of everything right and still get left with a giant bill in the end. Even at a discount of the total price of my plan a $4000 used motor with an unknown history is still hard to swallow, $6000 is just eye watering. So, no thanks for the help AUL, you won't see another penny from me nor any glowing recommendations to anyone I know in the future.

AUL Corp response

Jeff, thanks for your comments. I'm sorry we were not able to help more with your repairs; however, we do believe it is appropriate according to the engine damage. No one disputes that the engine needs to be replaced, but our position is that the repairs that we authorized would have been sufficient to correct the problem had it been addressed sooner. The amount of scoring and subsequent damage is consistent with continued operation of the vehicle after failure, and the contract does not allow us to cover that.

Original review: June 14, 2019

The sales rep of AUL, Eric, was fantastic. When I bought the truck, it was about 35 sales price so I put $25,000 down, and I got the best extended warranty policy one could get, but I still also had the certified warranty. The first week of owning my truck, the heated seats and the air conditioned seats didn’t work and Eric did a pretty good job in getting that taken care of in a timely manner. He does a really good job of keeping track and wanting to know what was going on.

But I had a disagreement with the man at the back of their office. I told him that the two front seats needed to be replaced and that just replacing the motors wouldn’t be efficient because I’ve ran into the same situation before with these seats, and the seats aren’t working again. I had to call Eric and he said to give it a couple days, and they literally just fixed them and the air conditioner, and maybe that had something to do with it. They’re still not working, but I don’t even wanna bother with it anymore. I can’t afford to have it sitting at GMC for another two and a half weeks.

It’s fine that they used the policy that I paid all that money for, but it was still underneath the dealership warranty. It was the exclusive 90 days, 75,000 miles. If anything goes wrong with the truck, all I do is bring it out there. But they still billed the insurance company that I paid for. So, it’s not like they lost any money on the transaction. But I’ve been happy with everything upfront, with Eric and the way he’s trying to take care of me.

AUL Corp response

Dustin, thanks for your comments; however, I don't think your frustrations are with AUL. Everything we were asked to repair have been authorized and paid for. I would suggest trying to talk to your repair shop once more. Thanks.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I wanted to keep my car covered and the service contract with AUL Corp was fair. I was also quite comfortable working with their representative. Things were handled in a timely manner. But this is the first time I had an issue with a contract. I filed a claim for an engine repair and I don’t understand why I was paying anything out of pocket for something that was supposed to have been covered under warranty. The oil parts weren’t covered in the part because the part consisted of many parts. That aside, they handled it pretty well.

AUL Corp response

Cecilia, thanks for your review. I had a chance to look at your claim, and I can understand your confusion on paying out of pocket for some parts. While we did cover the bulk of the repair, it seems that some of the components that needed to be repaired were simply not covered by your contract--thus, the out of pocket expenses. I am happy we were able to get you back on the road, though! Take care.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Not everything expected was covered by the policy, the customer service was not as great as expected, it was a hassle to get at least some car parts covered on both my side and the mechanic's side as it took multiple phone calls for both of us.

AUL Corp response

Amanda, thanks for you comments. Would you mind sending me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into your claim for you?

Original review: June 9, 2019

This company has been a lifesaver. Nothing but great customer service and a huge help to me and my old beat up truck. 10/10. Would recommend and will for sure buy this warranty again. Thank you AUL for always having my back in tough situations.

AUL Corp response

Connor, thanks for your comments, and I'm glad we were there for you when you needed us!

Original review: June 8, 2019

My car was making a noise. I took it to a shop. The shop called you guys, you took care of it in a professional and quick manner, and my car was fixed before the day was over. You guys are awesome and definitely worth the extra money that I paid!!!

AUL Corp response

Beverly, thanks for your comments, and I'm glad we were there for you when you needed us!

Original review: June 7, 2019

AUL Corp was offered at the dealership and I got the full package which covered mechanical and electrical. The package itself is good but the amount that it's covered is not so much. I wish they would cover more of the parts and actual GM parts or the dealer parts instead of the aftermarket parts.

AUL Corp response

Chelson, thanks for your comments. While we do authorize manufacturer parts for the vast majority of repairs that we handle, it is sometimes necessary to go with a more cost-effective option. In these cases, we explore our options which sometimes lead us to aftermarket parts; however, you can be assured that your contract will stand behind these parts as long as it is in force.

Original review: May 30, 2019

In the past, I've had problems with vehicles and they weren't covered under warranty. My father used to work for General Motors and we always got extended warranties on a new car. So when I had an opportunity to get one, I got one on a used one. The salesperson at Lou Fusz showed me how much the AUL warranty cost and how I’d really lose a good deal. So she pretty much didn’t have to sell me. I already knew I was gonna get it if it was offered because it just made sense. It covers my Buick GMC up to 200 and something thousand miles and I've used it once. The dealer that did the repair just told me to fax in a copy of my oil changes to a fax number and address them with “Attention: Mark.” The people at the dealer's were very professional.

AUL Corp response

Christopher, thanks for your review! I am glad we were able to help on your repairs and get you back on the road. We (and Lou Fusz--a great partner) appreciate your business and your trust in us!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 4, 2019

I purchased a nice used car and I thought it would be worth it to get an extended warranty for it. I heard that AUL Corp was extremely easy to deal with and very understandable of the situation. They also had a very good price. I looked at other extended warranty providers to make sure that AUL was gonna be the right one and I had a great experience with the rep who sold me the warranty. I happily took their coverage thinking that it would work. Unfortunately, I was proven wrong and I was not happy with my first experience.

I had the vehicle in Florida and I brought it to Toyota of North Miami Beach. When I called prior, the guy at AUL said that I could take the vehicle in then the repair shop would call them and that’d be fine. During the process, Toyota took care of the claim for me. AUL came down to check the vehicle out at Toyota and they refused to cover any of the repairs. The bump itself was preexisting and I wasn’t even trying to get it fixed. It was the opening and Toyota showed them that the motor is going on its own. It was clear from a couple of mechanics that a prior existing nudge on one of my passenger doors has nothing to do with a motor problem in the power sliding doors. The Toyota person was trying to show the fellow that he was making a mistake, but he was not relenting.

I got power doors specifically so it’d be easier with my kids. But I had the car for three weeks and driven it down 20 hours from Maryland to Florida, then I found out about the part that was not working. The vehicle has been around for a few years and it makes sense that sometimes things would go. But that's what AUL Corp was supposed to cover. The extended warranty was a lot of extra money on the purchase of the car and to have my claim go like that is really not okay. I was told that either I pay the $1400 or AUL would cover it, and that was all they could pay. But I don’t have the money to fix the car and I'd appreciate if AUL could relook at the claim for me.

AUL Corp response

Malkiel, thanks for your comments; although I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Would you provide your contract number, so I can look into your claim?

Original review: April 25, 2019

AUL was sold to me at the dealership and I got it in case anything went wrong. I got the top-of-the-line contract and the rep was good. The only thing that could be improved with the service is when the transmission went out and they didn’t cover a rebuilt like they said. I filed the claim directly with them and they got it done right away, but they only put a junkyard transmission in it which I wasn't happy about. What I paid for the warranty is what they had to put out and expend, so it was equaled out.

AUL Corp response

Troy, thanks for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: April 25, 2019

AUL handled the warranty service contract on my Audi. They met and exceeded my expectations as far as coverage. So glad I retained this company for my warranty needs. I only hope to be able to have the capability to extend the warranty after it’s expiration in 2021. Thank you AUL.

AUL Corp response

Tara, thanks for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us! Give us a call when you get close to expiration.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My daughter purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze. She purchased the warranty from AUL and they haven't been good about covering repairs. Her car is in need of a turbo and they are only willing to cover a portion of the job. If the job is eligible for repair then it should be COVERED!!! I feel since her warranty is expiring they don't want to pay out. I was considering extending the contract but now I'm not so sure.

AUL Corp response

Sherry, thanks for taking the time to comment. Would you please provide me with your daughter's contract number or VIN, so I can look into this claim?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased a used vehicle and I thought that it would be wise if I put an extended warranty on it. The car dealer selected AUL Corp as the service contract provider and I was led to believe that my coverage was bumper-to-bumper, not anything cosmetic, but like mechanical and that sort of stuff. I had an emergency when I went to Florida. My brother-in-law passed away. I had to go get his son out of the hospital, and we were rushing to the funeral. That time, my right front wheel bearing seized.

In my highway-charged emotional state, I completely forgot that I had an AUL Corp service contract. I called my auto club, had my car towed to the closest place, and had the issue repaired. I paid for it with my credit card. About a month later though, I remembered that I have a service contract with AUL Corp. I called them and at first, there was a snafu on the paperwork. Some paperwork on the dealer's side, Durango Motors, were not complete. Durango Motors took care of that. They were awesome.

The girl from AUL Corp that I initially spoke to told me that since my situation was an emergency, they could write the whole thing as an unauthorized repair due to an emergency. She told me that they would send me an email with more information, and they did. They then asked me to provide a copy of the bill. I scanned the bill and sent it through email. However, they never got back to me. They didn't even acknowledge that they got my email. I sent them another email asking them to tell me if they have received the copy of my bill since we live in the middle of nowhere and our internet is on satellite. Sometimes, it tells me that the email has been sent, but it actually hasn't. I still didn't get a response. A month later I got a check in the mail. It was 160 bucks. Well, my bill was close to $700. That didn't seem fair to me.

Also, I’ve since sold the vehicle and I’ve been trying to contact them to see if I could get a refund on what was left of the policy since I didn't have a car for a year. I have called and I have spoken to someone three different times. I was told that they'd look into that and then get back to me in a day or so. But then I’ve never gotten a callback or an email. That irritates me. If I'm not entitled to a refund, I’ll deal with that. But to completely ignore me? I was in customer service and food service for 35 years. I’ll blow somebody up who is doing an awesome job. AUL could have gotten back to me 30 minutes later or two days later and go, “I’m sorry. I haven’t contacted you. I was trying to find out the answer to this." Right now, I'm somewhat dissatisfied with AUL Corp. For the way things turned out and being ignored, I probably paid more than I should have.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I took my car to Pritchard's Lake Chevrolet because the part that rolls the window up and down broke. I have an AUL Corp service contract. The dealership got the car right in, treated her well, and did good service. The car was fixed that day. I'd recommend a friend to AUL Corp.

AUL Corp response

Stephen, thanks for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was opposed to you putting a used engine in my car to start with. Now that you are putting the third engine in I'm still opposed to used engines. This is in a three month period. So I am not happy with your service at all.

AUL Corp response

Terry, Would you mind providing me with your contract number or VIN? I would like to look into your claim further. Thanks.

AUL Corp Company Information