It's that easy Request Information
3.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

126 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I've been paying monthly on a three-year warranty for a used Tiguan Volkswagen 2009 with AUL Corp. I'm satisfied with the service I've been provided during the troubles I've been having. Everyone I've talked to on the phone has been on top of things and helped me out. I've gotten locked out on my car. I've needed a job and I've been blessed to have the warranty. It's a good thing that I took advantage of getting it when I had the opportunity.

AUL Corp response

Faith, thank you for your comments; I'm glad we were able to help when you needed us!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

There wasn't a warranty on the vehicle when we were gonna buy it so we put a service contract on it in case we had issues with it after purchase. The AUL Corp rep who sold us the contract walked us through and told us what the price would be and the terms. He said that we had a deductible of $100 and said that as long as it was anything done by a certified technician, that it would be covered. We walked out with that knowledge and that makes sense.

We ran into an issue where my wife's engine needed to be replaced about five months after we purchased her vehicle. My wife has a Prius, so we took it to a Toyota dealership to get it fixed and we came back with pretty much either $2,000 or $1,000 to pay because AUL would only pay so much upfront. I had to call and get with a supervisor to get it lower to the correct amount. And I still ended up having to pay about $500, which was half of what the service contract was. It was crazy compared to another extended warranty I've had on another vehicle before.

Also, we had one issue where the dealership was trying to get in touch with AUL to get the estimate put through and trying to get some paperwork back from them. He couldn't sit on hold because he's got other customers to deal with at the dealership. And I had gotten AUL on the phone and they wouldn't tell me anything. At the same time I had AUL on the phone, I also have gotten the dealer on the phone and they refused to talk to the dealer through my phone over my wife's phone. They demanded that the dealer call through his phone, even though he didn't have the time. It was crazy because he couldn't sit on the phone for 45 minutes and wait. I tried to be the intermediary and they refused to help me out in any way whatsoever.

AUL Corp response

Michael, I'm sorry you weren't satisfied with the service we provided. I did review your claim, and I see the situation you are referring to. It looks like your shop wanted to mark up the part that we sourced for the repair, and that is not something we typically cover. We did, however, work with them to offer them some markup--just not as much as they were asking. They were also trying to pass on the diagnosis cost to you, but that is something we cover when you have a covered repair. I see that we contacted your shop and made sure we covered the diagnosis, so you would not have to come out of pocket for the repairs. I'm sorry we were not able to do more for you; however, I do believe we went above and beyond what the contract requires us to do for this claim. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

As a general rule, I don't purchase warranties because of my firm belief that if a company can make money by selling a warranty, I can save money by not buying one. I've been burned by an extended warranty before and vowed never to buy another one, but the selling dealer assured me that AUL was different. It was 9:00pm, I was exhausted and I wavered and purchased the policy. The next day, I looked into cancellation and saw that I had to go through the selling dealer and I was not in the mood for a high pressure situation, so I just let it ride.

Several weeks after purchasing the vehicle, I discovered that the horn and the heater didn't work. I took the vehicle to have it serviced and after paying my $250 deductible, AUL paid $60.00 for the heater repair. The claim for the horn was denied because it was due to a failed clock spring which they considered normal wear and tear. I'm concerned that almost any breakdown could be considered wear and tear so I'm back at the place where I'm considering cancelling my warranty to put some cash back in my pocket so that I can pay for repairs. So, bottom line, while AUL did cover a small portion of one repair, I did not find it to be the hero riding in on a white horse that the selling dealer promised it to be. I'm decidedly lukewarm on the warranty and feeling a little foolish for purchasing it.

Hello Lynley
I apologize that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. Your contract is parts specific and unfortunately the components that were not covered on your recent claim are not listed for coverage under your policy. AUL is bound by the terms of the contract. Please refer to section 7 of your contract for coverage details.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I was in the military and looking to get a warranty and AUL Corp had good deals at that time. I filed what I needed to file in the service station and it worked out pretty well. Most recently, I filed a claim for my side mirrors and one of the sun shades which was not working. The work that was performed was excellent. AUL Corp keeps their word as far as any electrical or mechanical failures are concerned.

AUL Corp response

Muhammad, thanks for your kind words. I's glad we were able to help with your repairs!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I got a used vehicle. The dealer recommended AUL Corp for an extended coverage and I trusted them. Thereafter, I had a claim which was a big project and it was handled in a timely manner. My vehicle needed to get wheels and a new transmission and the dealership took good care of us as far as getting us in a loaner. I wasn’t in a rush and I would rather have them take their time and do it right. Also, I didn’t mind remanufactured or rebuilt parts being used. I've given the AUL Corp guys a big pat on the back and nothing but kudos to the people that I’ve talked to about it.

AUL Corp response

Hi Jacob, thanks for your comments. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Please review the list of details this insurance provides. It is a sketchy organization whose best intersect is not in the customer. My mechanic told me that my engine was shot. My mechanic provided all the oil change and service records to AUL. AUL asked for the two oil changes I had completed prior to using this mechanic. I quickly got them that info. Before receiving my full oil change record they denied my mechanic’s request, claiming the engine failure was due to carbon build up.

My mechanic argued the case stating there is no way they can claim this failure is due to carbon build up because the chamber is not building enough pressure. The AUL adjuster would not listen and they had made up their mind that this was the issue. My mechanic apologized to me that he could not logically reason with this attendant who appeared to have made up their mind. He stated there are many better companies than this for warranties. He was shocked at their lack of reason. The mechanic was Platinum Automotive in Lansing, KS, a highly reputable mechanic in our area. Please be aware.

AUL Corp response

Kasey, thanks for your comments. I will look into your claim and review it further for you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Bought extended warranty because vehicle was higher in mileage. Discovered water in oil and immediately stopped driving and took it to the shop where it was determined that the head gasket was failing causing damage to one of the heads. AUL denied the claim because it wasn’t an internal engine part. Should have known better. Canceling the policy.

AUL Corp response

Ken, AUL did not deny your claim because the gasket is not an internal part; AUL denied your claim due to the fact that your vehicle was not eligible for Seals & Gaskets coverage when you bought it. I'm sorry we were not able to participate in your claim, but, unfortunately, we did not have a choice.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Updated on 12/11/2018: I just left the Mercedes dealership after picking up my car. I see the notes on my previous email say resolution in process. That is a scam by AUL. They never contacted me and their whole premise is to avoid paying for your repair. BUYER BEWARE! The service manager told me an employee bought the same AUL Estate contract as me and today was told by AUL their repair would not be covered for a transmission issue. AUL is now claiming the contract is part specific. This is not true. My dealership is standing firm on both service issues saying the contract should cover the repair. DON'T BUY AUL WARRANTIES. I am cashing out my policy. What I get back will pay for my repair!!!

Original Review: I have been very unsatisfied with AUL. I bought an extended warranty and when I had my intake manifold go on my 2008 Mercedes E Class they would not cover the repair. The Mercedes dealership did not agree with Aul's decision and thought the repair should be covered under the warranty. I'm filing a complaint with the California Insurance Bureau. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told by Petra there were no supervisor working!!

AUL Corp response

Hi Carla, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the outcome of your claim. I would be happy to review it further for you. Would you mind sending me your contract number or VIN?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

AUL Corp is great. They were referred to me by the dealer to get my vehicle protected. The rep was okay. I felt great working with him. I have filed a claim for two transmissions that were gone and there was a lot of stuff too, and it worked out perfectly. It definitely saved me a lot of money.

AUL Corp response

Basheer, thanks for your comments. I'm glad we were able to help you with your repairs!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Bought the most expensive warranty contract for my car known as the Estate. Dealer swore by this plan that it will cover almost everything. The plan costs me $4500 freaking dollars! So the issue started when I had a CV joint show signs of wear on my drive shaft. It lost its outer boot and grease was flinging everywhere. I was so glad this was found early before complete failure of my drive shaft. At the moment and time of my claim, the drive shaft is still very functional.

However, this so called rip-off of a plan says it covers the drive shaft, but the small print states it doesn't cover any mechanical failure due to a CV issue. Even though you can't just order the CV joint alone on a drive shaft. It comes as one unit. What else could fail on the drive shaft other than the joints. I guess if you drive your car off a cliff and crack your shaft in half then it may be covered, or probably not. This company is the worst and have figured out a way to scam people out of their money. I will be sure to spread the word about this rip off to my peers for I have a few friends who sells cars.

AUL Corp response

Julian, I would really like the opportunity to review this claim. Would you mind sending me your contract number?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The dealer that I bought the vehicle from recommended AUL and I looked into it. A service contract is a good thing to have, so I purchased one. I got a a three-year plan with a full coverage as far as transmission and things of that nature. The dealer’s finance manager that sold me the service contract was super accessible, knowledgeable and helpful. But I have some mixed emotions about the plan.

My car has a virtual transmission, which throughout the years has not been perfected, so there are a lot of issues with them. Basically, you lose your power on your car, so your car drops down to about 55, 60 miles at the most on the freeway. But the issue was when they took the car in. They looked it over like they always do with the vehicle and I had some front-end work I needed done, the suspension, so I needed the struts and the mounts changed. Everybody knows that when you do struts, you do both of them. So the one that was really bad and that failed got replaced, and they went through the negotiation of the price. But the other one that was bad wasn’t bad enough for them as they needed it to be leaking or completely failed.

The claims adjuster came out twice to take a look at it, yet the people at the shop didn’t wanna do it. They said they would do it if it failed completely. So I was faced with changing one strut and then waiting until the other one fails before we do that one. Now, we have two uneven struts. It’s not so much with the money, although that’s definitely an issue. But that kind of thinking kinda disappointed me and deterred me. It gave me a sour taste on it. I wish AUL has been a little more logical about it.

AUL Corp response

Kevin, thanks for your comments. I did have a chance to review your claim, and I understand your concern; however, this contract is meant to replace parts that have failed - meaning they are no longer functioning according to manufacturer specs. I understand the shop's desire to replace both, but the reality is that only one needed to be replaced. You now have two fully functioning struts on your vehicle. Hopefully, you won't need us again, but we're here if you do!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The dealer was working with AUL Corp and when I got a service contract for protection, the advisor discussed it well. But I'm not a big fan of him. He sold me a bad car. It has had multiple issues. I needed a transmission first and I took the car to the BMW dealership. Once I knew what the issue was, I had them contact the warranty company with the information that I had. The dealership did a good job on the repair. But I didn’t get a rental because it’s so expensive. I would cap out the amount for what I was covered. I won’t recommend AUL.

AUL Corp response

Zayim, I was able to find your contract in our system and review your claim. Every contract has a limit for how much it will cover, and, as you stated, you did reach that limit on your last claim. When that happens, unfortunately, we cannot help with further repairs. I'm sorry you don't feel like you would recommend AUL even though we did honor the terms of your contract; however, I am happy we were able to help you when you needed it!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I wanted warranty for our vehicle for protection if something went wrong ‘cause I was afraid that the parts for my car would be expensive and AUL was suggested by the dealership. I got the powertrain package which covers the engine, the moving parts inside, and other things with it. They also have other packages available where you could get more. I've filed a claim before and things took a while because it would depend on the person you'd talk to. It was hard because there were days l’d talk to them with other people too. But things got better towards the end. And I probably would not have gotten what I needed if I didn’t work with the dealer.

I'd suggest for other people to try to stick to the first party as much as you can. ‘Cause I know when people would say, “Oh, you bought your car used,” they’d give you a look. It makes sense to just get it with a warranty so you could talk to the same guy. It wouldn't be like, “Let me call this person,” or “Let me talk to the manager and see what happens.” I had a Goodwill service, but they didn’t recommend the cost ‘cause technically, the automobile maker gave it to me. So, there was a lot of if and only ifs. But with AUL, I paid the cost upfront and had to do a loan so I was able to get other stuff done. I’ll just be working my debt. But it shouldn’t take too long to pay.

AUL Corp response

Julian, Thanks for your comments. Please let us know if we can help any other way.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We went to the dealership to purchase a vehicle and we were looking for something that offered an extended warranty. They said AUL offered the greatest amount of mileage coverage for the price, and my husband thought it was the best for us. The lady who set us up with finances in the dealership was very nice and friendly. She put everything in simple terms, and my husband and I could understand and follow everything. I felt very comfortable.

Our motor recently had some bad system failure, and we had to get a new one. I got the number from the dealership, and they referred me to a customer service rep who explained everything. She needed to speak with my husband first and as soon as it was cleared, we got everything rolling, which was very quick. AUL did great to keep us informed on what we needed to submit and the different things to get the claim moving and to get it all taken care of, so we could get our vehicle repaired. We got a refurbished motor and AUL was awesome. They made everything easy and covered all the costs. It was a huge weight off of my shoulders and AUL did more than adequately. We're extremely satisfied and I'd buy it again.

AUL Corp response

Vicky, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to help with your claim!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I wanted to repair my vehicle anytime I've had any breakdown and the guy who I bought a car from wouldn't let me out of the place without a service contract. He helped drive me in AUL's direction and I'm satisfied. I took my car to BMW of Dallas a month ago and the service agent told me the damage was gonna cost $2,200 out of pocket. He submitted the claim and AUL was given two days to come out and look at it. There were some additional work that needed to be completed, and the cost came to $5,500. Everything that was submitted was valid and AUL paid for everything. I've told friends that if they're gonna get a warranty, they should definitely make sure they deal with AUL. If you're gonna get a used vehicle, definitely make sure you get that aftermarket warranty also because it's worth its weight in gold.

AUL Corp response

Russell, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to help with your claim!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The exclusions are so broad that if the dealer can’t find the root cause of a failure then they don’t pay out. The exclusions focus on common symptoms like sludging and overheating which are symptoms of many problems as a reason not to pay. Then when you cancel the policy they return their share of the premium to the dealer and then the dealer won’t return their commission earned on the policy so you don’t get the full prorated refund. My experience with other companies was not this bad. I’m pretty sure a mechanic would never buy this policy once they saw the section 8 exclusions.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Dan. I'm sorry you have had a negative experience with your claim and with the cancellation. I would like to look into the issue if I could. Would you mind providing your contract number or VIN, so I can locate you in our system?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

AUL Uses Shoddy Parts and Shoddy Parts supplier. Received a transmission from this company through AUL Warranty company. Transmission failed after 20000 miles, the transmission had never been off the highway, or towed anything. AUL told me not to call this company as they wouldn't talk to me, and that I was out of luck because the warranty on the transmission was only for 12000 miles. Will be taking to a transmission specialists to make sure the transmission was in fact rebuilt. Very concerned that it wasn't after reading the reviews here. A rebuilt shouldn't fail after 20000 miles, especially 20000 highway miles with no towing involved.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Tony, I would be happy to look into your claim to make sure it was handled properly. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can locate you in our system?

Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The AUL warranty was presented to me at the dealership when I purchased the car. But no one explained to me that there was a monetary limit, and I have apparently exhausted my limit because I've had so much trouble with the car. It’s a BMW and I’ve had the transmission replaced and all kinds of other things that apparently exceeded the limit. I'm within the time and mileage, but AUL has a limit to how much money they will put out.

The transmission cost over $10,000 and the warranty only covered up to a portion of that. I had to pay over $2,000, and then two weeks later, the air conditioning went out and I only got 76,000 miles on my car. I had to pay the full amount for that. So that’s where my frustration is coming from. The service that I had gotten and the things that they covered up to that point were great. I'm happy with those, but people need to be aware that there is a monetary limit.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Tamara, and thanks for your feedback. I was able to look at your contract and see that we did reach the max aggregate amount payable over the life of the contract. Your contract will pay out up to the current NADA value of your vehicle, and we did honor that. I'm sorry we can't help with further claims, but I am glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Repairs on a BMW are very expensive. I got a full service warranty with AUL Corp and so far it’s been pretty good. I’ve had two services already that they’ve covered. I had a leak in my air conditioning hose. The hoses were placed in the middle of the engine so the engine had to be lifted out of the car in order to get to them, which cost a fortune. AUL fully covered it except for the deductible. A month later, I had to go back in because the fan on the air conditioner was broken and they had replaced that. That was fully covered as well.

I did everything over the phone and it was easy to do. The contract was just included in the lease payments. AUL has a good team. I pay somewhere about $4,000 to three years-worth of coverage. Those two services have totaled up about $7,000, and I’ve had the service contract six months now so I did okay. I am very satisfied with the warranty.

AUL Corp response

Jeffrey, thank you for the kind words. We are always happy when we are able to help with repairs!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a 2016 HR-V from a small dealership and added the AUL three-year warranty for the powertrain. After less than a month of driving the car, the transmission belt broke and now we need to change the entire transmission. I took it to the Honda dealership, they contacted AUL, and AUL said that "it was too soon after the purchase and that they won't cover it". They have been a huge pain, and now, after moving the car to a cheaper shop and accommodating to what they ask for, AUL suddenly said that they will pay for a USED TRANSMISSION, but won't cover the labor. Worst service contract ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Karla. I've had a chance to review your claim, and it looks like a resolution is already in place to repair your vehicle; however, I did want to let you know about a couple key points. First, your contract does give AUL the right to reject any claim if the component was worn beyond the manufacturer's specs at the time of sale of the vehicle--as was the case with your transmission. AUL did decide to step up and help with the repairs anyway by supplying a transmission for the repair. Second, your contract also allows AUL to authorize "like kind and quality" parts for repairs which can include new, re-manufactured, or used components at our discretion.

Having said that, I am sorry this has been a bad claims experience for you - that is never our intent. It is our responsibility to properly adjudicate claims on your vehicle, and that's what we tried to do. We do understand that no one buys a car expecting to have a major part failure within the first month, so I can understand your frustration.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I purchased a Cadillac Escalade and with it a warranty with AUL and now that my SUV is in the shop they denied the work, which is odd being that it is a object sensor which is a safety item involving lane assist system.

AUL Corp response

Ms. Garza, I have reviewed your claim and see that, as you stated, the right side object sensor failed on your vehicle. On your contract, in order for a component to be eligible for coverage, it must be specifically listed as a covered component. Your contract covers hundreds of components, but unfortunately it does not cover everything. Regardless of whether or not it may be a "safety" component, if it is not listed on the contract for coverage, it is not covered. If you would like to give us a call, we would be happy to go over your coverage with you, so you can see what components are covered.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I wanted some security for my used car so I got a service contract from AUL Corp wherein all services are covered with the exception of ware items such as clutch, brakes, etc. However, I'm not too satisfied with them. They are slow and they take the no-position first. I recently had two motor seizures. At first, AUL said, "I'm not gonna cover due to technicality." And then, when that was sorted out, they said that they were going to but it has been a really long, drawn-out process. In fact, I'm still in the process. This saga began in May. It is now September and I still have not gotten my car back. Fortunately, I chose the BMW dealership and BMW has been nice enough to give me a loaner, and I'm on my fifth loaner now.

My vehicle is still getting worked out and they nickel-and-dime me. I got a new motor but I have to pay out of pocket for the fasteners on the new motor that they provided which is ridiculous. They're not on the customer's side. They're on their own side. I'm thinking that a class action should be in place because what they're doing isn't fair. I'm paying a lot of money for this service contract but the progress is just too slow.

Hi Kimo,

I tried calling you upon receipt of your review, but had to leave a message. We appreciate your candid feedback and would like to discuss your experience further. Our teams work very hard to ensure customers receive the very best service and value for their policies and learning more about your concerns will help us improve our service for future customers.

According to our records, however, the entire diagnostic, inspection, and engine replacement process took less than four weeks, not the four months outlined in your review. While longer than we prefer, it is common for there to be short delays associated with inspections, sourcing parts (in this case a new engine), and teardown and installation that, unfortunately, we do not have control over. Also, please remember that all AUL policies come with a rental car benefit, so if you have any rental expenses associated with this repair we invite you to submit for reimbursement.

Again, please give me a call at 800.826.3207 at your earliest convenience so we can discuss further.

Best regards,

Ashanti Patterson

Service Support Team Leader

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We regretted every month that we didn't have a warranty on our Mercedes when it cost about $2,000 or $3,000 to fix it. We had bought multiple vehicles from the same guy and he tried to help us as far as sending us to a discount mechanic. He knew the struggle we were dealing with so when we went to buy another vehicle, he suggested the warranty and it was a no-brainer to pass up. There were two options and we got the higher of the two. And buying the warranty was definitely a good call. It got me out of a pinch.

The motor blew on the BMW, ironically, and we got it fixed and covered. But there were a lot of things that I did not expect. I was told I had $100 deductible. But when we got the call to come pick up the car, we were told that we owed $1,000. We were like, "What the hell happened to our deductible?" So that was frustrating. We were told that AUL didn't cover the oil, the spark plug, the gasket and the sealant. There were all kinds of stuff that didn't make sense to me although that was only because I didn't go in there for something. But since the motor blew, I thought everything that has to do with the motor should be covered. Nonetheless, we would definitely be screwed pretty badly right now if we had not purchased the warranty. So the cost is still gonna outweigh the issue that we could've had.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My original warranty ran out and I got a bumper-to-bumper warranty from AUL Corp. Their finance manager was with the loan company when I refinanced the car and he was very helpful, informative, and was able to get the cost from the AUL warranty rolled into my loan. Filing a claim with AUL also worked well. I would bring the car back to the dealership so the dealership would pretty much do all the legwork in filing the claim and talking with the warranty company. And so far, they have been holding up their end of the bargain. I would recommend AUL.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought AUL warranty with the car and used them two times but both times were a joke. I submitted a claim through the dealer and they diagnosed the problem. I told them to call AUL 'cause that's who my warranty is with. The dealer called them the first time and it took them a week to approve the work and forever to get the work done. So now, the second time they're supposed to be doing work to it but they didn't approve it. I had to wait 72 hours for the reps to come look at my car to see if there was really a problem with it. It's been three weeks and the problem still hasn't been fixed. So whatever I paid for was the worst money I've ever spent and I would rather pay for the junk out of pocket. If someone asked, I'd tell them to take someone else.

Hi Ryan,

We appreciate all customer input and would like to discuss in greater detail both your specific experience and our claims process as it seems neither meet your standards or expectations. With the limited information provided in your review, however, we have not been able to identify your account.

Please contact me at your earliest opportunity so that we can learn more about your experience and work toward a more favorable resolution. I can be reached at 800.826.3207 .I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ashanti Patterson

Service Support Team Leader

No response received
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased the 100,000 mile extended for my C300 Benz. At the time had no idea that what I was purchasing and signing was that I agreed to do maintenance

every 4,000. With that said Mercedes recommends every 10,0000 as most European cars do. I found out the hard way when my check engine light came on and I was to provide my documents. I did as recommended by Mercedes and they denied my claim. Then when I decide to cancel contract because it is useless to me and the car I drive they tell me they can not refund my money in full because it's beyond the 90 days! Furthermore after speaking to several agents via phone and them trying to make me feel like I am the idiot and tell me they are very sorry it's the policy they inform me I will be refunded 37% of what I paid.

I never used their service once and when I finally need to it's useless to me!!! They are scammers and steal people's money!!! The refund Cancellation Manager was completely not putting herself in my shoes or willing to help get me my full refund!!! I would never recommend anyone give this company another penny!!! And any chance I have to tell anyone I can about this experience I will!!! Business is word of mouth!! And all it takes is one dissatisfied customer to red flag your company!! Every situation should be handled differently and carefully and today your company failed to that! Should be ashamed of the business and how it's run!!!

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We value all customer input and would like to discus in greater detail both your policy purchase and claims process as neither meet our standards or expectations. With the limited information provided in your review, however, we have not been able to identify your account.

Please contact me at your earliest opportunity so that we can learn more about your experience and work toward a more equitable resolution. I can be reached at 800.826.3207 or danna.perry@aulcorp.com Monday - Friday 9:00a - 5:00-p.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Danna

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Our Toyota Highlander 2008 broke down and we took it to the dealership for repair. We got a four-year contract with AUL Corp and the process of the repair was very slow. The first time the dealer fixed the car, they said they fixed it but they didn't. We got the car and drove 10 miles to our home, same sound, same lights coming on again, and same noise so we brought it back to the dealership. The second time they fixed it but now we still have the issue. They haven't properly done the bodywork. They showed the paper that said they changed several things and it costed about $7,000 but they didn't fix anything. I said, "It looks like you guys are robbing from the warranty company. They pay you a lot of money and the car has not been fixed. The same problem is still there." They said no and that they fixed it. But I had no problem with AUL at all.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The engine was leaking oil and my buddy and I were trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. We were going through paperwork when I found the contract for the warranty. I called AUL and the lady told me to let her know where I was taking the car. But it took a super long time for each step of the service. I think it was the dealership putting it off. The rep would call me and say I had to call AUL then when I would call AUL, they would say that they were waiting on something for him. Every time I talked to him, it was right at the end of his workday. So I think he was of pushing it back until he had to do it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

One of my cars was at 36,000 miles and I got bumper-to-bumper coverage from AUL. The rep was straightforward. They explained the warranty and I said, "Yup, let's do it." I'm glad I did. They just paid $5,000 for a new transmission and all kinds of stuff. The claims process was lengthy because of the cost of it. The company had to send out an adjuster. It took an extra week and a half more, longer than it should have but I got a rental car that they paid for. So overall AUL has been good. I paid a couple of thousands for it and I definitely got my money's worth. I've had other warranty companies and they're definitely not as good as AUL.

AUL Corp expert review by Lauren Fix

Multiple new and used vehicle service contracts for cars of any age and mileage. Provides same-day claims payment and no exclusion for wear and tear.

• Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.

• Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.

• Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.

• Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.

• Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.

• Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AUL Corp Company Information