3.03/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought the drive train coverage for my 2001 Highlander, because of having to replace a transmission in my prior vehicle. I didn't want to face that expense again! When the Highlander began shifting late and metal shavings were found in the fluid, it was time to submit a claim. I simply provided the warranty paperwork to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted AUL and followed their instructions.

The entire process was completed without a hitch. When I picked up my vehicle from the repair shop I paid my deductible and the small portion that was not covered under the warranty and drove off. I called the repair shop to follow up with them about a week later and was told by them that they had received payment from AUL the same day I picked up my vehicle. The mechanic was very impressed with AUL and stated that this was the easiest and most professionally handled extended warranty claim he had ever processed. That seems like high praise coming from a mechanic who deals with all kinds of warranties on a regular basis.

AUL Corp response

Lynn, thank you for your comments! We try hard to provide a smooth claims experience - both for our customers and their repair shops. Happy motoring!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

The whole experience with AUL Corp was good and I got the work done that needed to be done. There was a little bit of a hiccup on the dealership’s part but everything else was great. We called up AUL with the policy number and they said that the policy wasn’t on file. So, the work had to get started later on in the day. We just called back, gave the policy number and it popped up just fine. I filed a claim and AUL worked with the dealer. I had a very long trip right after I got the car, so I figured with 150,000 miles, there had to be something. So, immediately, when I got to the end of my trip, I took it into the dealership to get general maintenance done and to have a look over, and they happened to catch some ball joints and control arms. It has been very smooth. Everything got covered right up to the limit of the coverage and the work was very professional.

There was a part that I needed that wasn’t covered by the policy that I had. It was part of the four-wheel drive system, but it was a sensor inside of a motor. It was a convoluted, silly thing that probably should’ve been covered, but the fault came back to a sensor and not that the whole motor had to be replaced. I got a lot of work done for the policy that I had anyway. The experience was very streamlined and quick.

AUL Corp response

Byron, thanks for your comments! Hopefully you won't need us again, but I'm glad we could help this time!

Original review: May 30, 2019

In the past, I've had problems with vehicles and they weren't covered under warranty. My father used to work for General Motors and we always got extended warranties on a new car. So when I had an opportunity to get one, I got one on a used one. The salesperson at Lou Fusz showed me how much the AUL warranty cost and how I’d really lose a good deal. So she pretty much didn’t have to sell me. I already knew I was gonna get it if it was offered because it just made sense. It covers my Buick GMC up to 200 and something thousand miles and I've used it once. The dealer that did the repair just told me to fax in a copy of my oil changes to a fax number and address them with “Attention: Mark.” The people at the dealer's were very professional.

AUL Corp response

Christopher, thanks for your review! I am glad we were able to help on your repairs and get you back on the road. We (and Lou Fusz--a great partner) appreciate your business and your trust in us!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

AUL was offered when I bought my used car. They provide me an extended contract and it is good. The person who sold me the service contract was good. When I had to file a claim, I just had to call AUL and start it. The process was super fast, and they were always super nice and helpful. There were a couple issues that were not covered, but they explained why they were not covered.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

For peace of mind, I bought a service contract through AUL for my Chrysler 300. When something underneath the shifter broke, I took the vehicle in to have that fixed and the Jeep dealer dealt with AUL Corp. I just had to pay my $100 deductible and then they paid the rest. Another time, the struts were making some banging when I was going over some railroad tracks and I hit some bumps. The mechanics fixed that and the warranty covered part of it and I had a good experience with it again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

When we purchased our BMW vehicle, we wanted to get an extended warranty. AUL Corp was what was offered to us and we took it. However last year, we were stranded on a highway for about two hours on our way to a Father’s Day event with family members. We didn't get to go to that. What happened was the timing belt guides broke inside the engine, sucked the metal up into the oil pump, and wound up seizing up the engine. I was under the impression that we were gonna get a new engine. It took almost a month before I got my car back because they searched around the nation for an engine that they wanted that had 65,000 miles on it. They found one and BMW went through a 128-point inspection. Within 24 hours after we got the vehicle back, the check engine light came on and they had to do something else to the engine and I gotta put $2,000 more into it.

The dealer said they did let AUL Corp know about it and then they said they weren’t gonna put any more money into it. They said they were gonna put a maximum of $13,000, which is quite a bit, but it’s a BMW and I guess that’s just what it cost. So, they took it right to the limit of almost $13,000 through AUL. And then when we got it back, they said that they were not gonna cover it and I had to pay for it. Also, AUL Corp said that they’d work out what I had to do to get reimbursed for my towing expenses, but they made it difficult for me. I had to do a lot of legwork to do that and I wound up just eating it. That was almost $200 to tow it to my house. So far, they handled everything. It wasn’t to my satisfaction, but it all got taken care of. AUL will cover up to 12,000 miles, 12 months for 12,000 miles. And that’s as far as it’s going now. Lastly, they never communicated with me. It was strictly through the dealer. So, I would like to see some communication.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have a used vehicle and I wanted to take any precautions that were offered, and got the warranty. The rep was very friendly, very helpful and straightforward. And then I had a flat tire, and then something in the engine went wrong. My mom ended up having to take it in and we paid out-of-pocket because the AUL didn’t answer, and then it took a week to get ahold of somebody, and three weeks for them to respond as to whether I was gonna be reimbursed or not. The complete cost was over 600, and they only reimbursed me for 130 or so.

AUL Corp response

Ms Brandon, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are very sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your experience. What you are describing is definitely not what we want our customers to go through and is very concerning. Could you possibly provide me with your contract number so I can review exactly what happened?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My dealer, because they were no longer doing used cars that were my age, felt AUL Corp is the best company for me. I filed a claim many times and it went mostly fine. If I didn't go to my dealer, sometimes, other pretty big companies, but not quite as big as General Motors, they would try and fight it a little bit harder. But it always came down to being okay. They did a very good job. My contract is over, and I haven’t looked into getting another one because I don't think that it’ll be feasible. I have no mileage on it, but it’s a 2008. I could see AUL improving if they could call me and give me a good price for another extended warranty.

AUL Corp Company Information