3.7/5 (41 ratings)

About AUL Corp

AUL Corp. provides vehicle service contracts to help drivers with the cost of unexpected repairs. AUL Corp.’s service contracts are effective on the day of purchase, and you can get same-day payment on claims. AUL offers warranties for a variety of vehicles, regardless of year or mileage.

Pros

• Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state
  • Several deductible options

Cons

• Most VSCs can only transfer once
  • No pricing on website

Bottom Line

AUL Corp. offers a wide range of policies, but it doesn’t sell directly to consumers, so you can only buy through a dealership. AUL doesn’t handle payments either, so you’ll have to deal with your lien holder.

Top AUL Corp Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

AUL has been extremely easy to deal with when I have had claims. Their customer service is miles above par when it comes to processing repair claims. I have recommended them to co...

Verified

... I had quite a few issues with the transmission and was replaced by dealer I purchased from all expenses paid by AUL along with rear axle bearings and seals. Very cooperative a...

What is AUL?

AUL offers a wide range of vehicle coverage products to help you protect your finances, including vehicle service contracts, gap protection and ancillary benefits. Ancillary protection products include coverages such as emergency roadside assistance, key replacement and scratch repair.

Most AUL vehicle service contracts are transferable, renewable and cancelable. Coverage is active the same day it’s purchased. The company also offers same-day claims payment, with many claims paid in as little as two hours.

AUL Corp. products

AUL Corp. offers a wide variety of contracts and coverage options to help you protect your vehicle.

Here’s a list of AUL’s vehicle service contract offerings at the time of publishing:
  • Absolute Lifetime Powertrain & Exclusionary Coverage
  • Absolute Certified Powertrain & Exclusionary Coverage
  • Absolute Reserve Care Lease Maintenance
  • Absolute Reserve Care Plus Exclusionary Coverage
  • Absolute Unlimited Time
  • Absolute AUL-Tech - Advanced Coverage for Advanced Technology
  • Nearly New Vehicle Protection
  • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage and Unlimited Time Terms)
  • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage and Unlimited Time Terms)
  • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
  • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
  • Powertrain Plus
  • Powertrain 3/50 and 5/100 Coverage
  • Essentials Coverage
Gap protection helps pay the balance of your car loan when your car is totaled. This is helpful when you’re upside-down on your car loan and owe more than your vehicle is worth.
Additional benefits available from AUL at the time of publishing include:
  • Emergency roadside assistance
  • Vehicle theft protection
  • Advanced appearance protection
  • Prepaid maintenance/vehicle maintenance packages

AUL warranty plans

AUL offers a number of different warranty plans to cover different vehicles’ needs. Here are some coverage details (at the time of publishing):

These plans include coverage for your vehicle’s:
  • Brake pads
  • Electrical components
  • Wheel alignment
  • Fluids
  • Green vehicle components
These plans include coverage for every part of your vehicle except specific items — mostly those considered normal maintenance.
  • Touch/display screens
  • Wi-Fi data connection
  • Video and gaming components
  • Forward, backup and 360-degree camera
  • Accessory power point connection
  • Keyless access and remote start components
  • Tire pressure monitoring system
This plan includes coverage for every part of your vehicle except specific items — mostly those considered normal maintenance.
  • Turbocharger/supercharger
This plan tier can be broken into three coverages:
  • Essential Coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Brake group
    • Front/rear suspension group
    • Cooling group
    • Seals and gaskets
This category includes multiple plans listed on AUL’s website, like:
  • Used Car Coverage for an Independent Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)
  • Used Car Coverage for a Franchise Dealer (including Any Year-Any Mileage)

These plans all offer similar coverage options, outlined below:

• Powertrain coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Hybrid/electric vehicle group
    • Seals and gaskets
  • Vintage coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Powertrain coverage items
    • Power Steering group
    • Air conditioning group
    • Electrical group
  • Domain coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Powertrain and Vintage coverage items
    • Brake group
  • Estate coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Powertrain, Vintage and Domain coverage items
    • Front/rear suspension group
    • Cooling group
    • Enhanced electrical group
    • Hybrid/electric vehicle group
    • Hybrid/electric vehicle battery
    • Seals and gaskets (extended)
  • Reserve coverage pays to repair your vehicle’s:
    • Powertrain, Vintage, Domain and Estate coverage items
    • All components not considered normal maintenance by the manufacturer

AUL warranty coverage

AUL Corp. covers both new and used cars, and it advertises an option for any year and any mileage. Roadside assistance benefits from AUL Corp. include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump-starts and tire changes.

If you’re covered and you need a repair, you have to take your vehicle back to the selling dealer, assuming you live within 60 miles and they have a repair facility. The dealer then diagnoses the issue and contacts AUL. If you don’t live close enough or your dealer doesn’t make repairs, you can go to any licensed repair facility.

AUL warranty cost

AUL Corp. doesn’t provide prices on its website, which is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of your vehicle.

When submitting a claim on a covered item, the only thing you have to pay is your deductible. AUL Corp. says that most claims are paid within two hours.

AUL Corp. has various deductible options that range from $0 to $100. The company also has a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes.

AUL Corp. FAQ

AUL plans cover repairs at any licensed facility in the United States or Canada. However, you may be required to go to the dealership you got the warranty from first.
Most AUL car warranties are transferable, but they may only be transferable once. To find out whether yours is transferable, refer to your contract or contact the company.
Most AUL policies are cancelable. Specific cancellation details can depend on your contract. A cancellation form must be signed by you and the dealer and submitted to the company. You’ll also need an affidavit with the vehicle’s true mileage reading at the time of the request.
To file a claim, you need to get your vehicle to your selling dealer, provided you live within 60 miles of them and they have a repair center. From there, the dealer diagnoses the issue and contacts AUL with an estimate. If you don’t live within 60 miles of the selling dealer, you can take it to any licensed repair facility.

Is an AUL warranty good?

AUL Corp. is a solid option for an extended auto warranty. It has multiple plans available for an array of vehicles. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp. products are available in every state, so it may be worth contacting the company for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My dad is in a car dealership business, so he's aware about the best coverage. When I told him that I needed something that was going to look out for me, he said he had a company that would work for me and he got me AUL Corp. He looked at what the policy would cover in the event something happens and said that they may be my go-to moving forward.

So far, they've been excellent. After I got my warranty, I started driving my car and it sounded like my gears wouldn't shift. I went to Nissan and they said they'd take a look at it. Then they called me back and told me that I had AUL Corp. I already had it in my mind that I was going to end up having to pay at least a couple of $1,000 but I paid them a deductible and they came through for me. Even though I didn't get to speak with them initially, the way that I was handled when I needed them to come through for me with the dealership was a breeze. I ended up needing a transmission and they took care of that. They also ended up taking care of the leak. But everything else that was maintenance, I took care of it. I would recommend AUL Corp. to everybody because of my experience. If anything was going to prevent me from not operating my vehicle at full potential, they would take care of it and I'm more than grateful.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The dealer sold me the AUL contract and he told me about the specific details like how all the moving parts are covered. My car broke down and I just called someone to tow it up and get me to the dealer. The AUL reps were pretty responsive. I gave the dealer the AUL insurance number and he said that the thing that broke down was not covered. AUL's warranty is okay given the things that are covered. If those break, it's gonna be one hell of a cost so compared to that, the warranty is okay. You should go for AUL if you're buying a used car. For that, I would surely recommend them.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for your review. We do our absolute best to take care of our contract holders.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We're glad we got AUL Corp for our used pickup ‘cause we actually needed it. We had to have an injector pump put on the pickup and then we also had the front differential go out on it. They told us what they were gonna cover and everything got taken care of. The cost was fair as well. However, they need to do a better job of clarifying with their clients as far as with the dealerships. We had no bad experience contacting AUL, but there were some things that were unclear and it was confusing for a while. We had to find some different things out, and through a little investigation, they were cleared up. My wife used to write service contracts through GMAC and a couple other ones, so she knew a lot about it.

Most people don't read through the fine print, but my wife goes through the fine print very thoroughly and she could not find the limit. If there's a limit, that needs to be clear. They said, “Well, you have a limit on it.” I said, “It wasn't disclosed to us what that limit was.” They need to do a better job of making sure that that is on the upfront because that's where the confusion was. Once we got it clarified, everything worked out. AUL Corp has been good and I would definitely go through them if I bought another one.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I also sell cars myself, so I know the importance of getting a warranty. So, when I got the vehicle, I made sure that the warranty was included. I was in an accident involving a deer, where if I had had one, it would have helped. So, that's how I ended up purchasing AUL Corp's. I had to file a claim for the front driveshaft a few months back. I had to pay a $100 deductible. I also had to pay the towing charge, but I got reimbursed for that. All of it worked out really well. Being that I work in the same business, I've dealt with some scenarios before that I wouldn't be happy to deal with. With my warranty, though, it was seamless. I was very happy with the way it worked out. Life happens. I, 100%, recommend AUL Corp. If you're gonna do it, you should do it with the same company that I did it with because of how easy it was when I had to use it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

AUL should make sure they tell the mechanic what’s wrong with the car correctly. Otherwise, it's not gonna be fixed. I tried to explain to the mechanic that came out that when I hit the gas, the car doesn't seem like it wants to go like it used to. He did the best he could and he thought that he took care of the problem. He said he did something with the throttle body, but I don't think that's what the problem was. When I hit the gas again, it eventually goes “vroom,” and then it wants to accelerate, but it doesn't feel right, still. It’s not the mechanic's fault though. He was a good guy.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Our five-year-old truck is going to be 100,000 miles very soon and we just haven't had to use AUL because we never had major problems at all. But we definitely need it in case something was to go wrong and you can't pay like an engine repair or transmission.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My car was in the shop. It was about a month before AUL would approve the claim for the motor to be put in. By then, I got the car back and we drove it for about four days, and then it tore up again, so it's back in the shop. But overall, AUL has been okay.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I purchased a 2018 Ford Explorer two years ago in Tennessee. The dealer gave me the extended warranty through AUL for close to $3000. I’ve never had to use it until now. Sunday my APIM went out. Screen and radio won’t work. The vehicle went into limp mode and check engine light came on. I was able to drive it the two miles back to my house at 10mph. Couldn’t call to file a claim until Monday. Was never able to get anyone on the phone Monday and finally got it towed to a Ford place on Tuesday to at least get the ball rolling.

The mechanic called today (Thursday) and said he spoke to my warranty company and they will only cover portion of what’s needed to fix my radio/screen issues and I would need to come out of pocket over $500 for that alone. He said I also need a grill shutter and throttle body which is what’s causing the check engine light and limp mode. In total I have to come out of pocket $2,145 to get my car back functioning properly on the road (given this came completely out of nowhere, my car was never noticeably running differently.) After extensively reviewing my contract agreement I called AUL and sat on hold for quite some time to get some sort of understanding on how the throttle body and grill shutter are not covered.

To my dismay the lady on the other end was apparently not happy with these questions and very aggressive with her responses. “A throttle body isn’t covered! It’s in section 8 letter L”. I try to explain that this states that ADJUSTMENTS to the throttle body aren’t covered but this isn’t an adjustment. It’s an entire replacement. “Yes well Throttle body isn’t covered in your plan”. I am trying to not get overwhelmed and still get some sort of answers from her so I move on to the grill shutter situation and said, "Okay well the grill shutter, I’m also wondering how that isn’t covered? My Estate coverage says it covers the radiator and the cooling group. But I’m not understanding how the grill shutter isn’t a part of that. It won’t open, if it doesn’t open my car will overheat causing way more damage than what just that costs." “It’s not in your plan ma’am is there anything else you need”.

So I move on to ask about a rental and she said they will reimburse up to 5 days. So I got off the phone and now I just want to CRY. I got the warranty that seemed to cover just about everything and have never used it. I have less than a 1000 miles left on it too. A full time job and two kids and no way from point A to point B and terrified to get a rental and pay for it and AUL decide not to reimburse that either then barely have the money to pay for the actual service and parts. Not to mention I live in Louisiana now and was just hit by hurricane Ida and we are still recovering from that. Two weeks without power and spending every dime on gas for the generator. I’m truly just at a loss for words right now. I have never had such a terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I was not given opportunity to be involved in my vehicle repairs or decisions. Car dealership handled everything. When I asked about details of repairs to my vehicle I didn’t receive any answers to my questions. I still have problems with my car, and at this point I am very unsatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Needed my air conditioning compressor replaced and a short time later needed the fan replaced. The repairs were covered with no issues or holdups, AUL dealt directly with the repair shop. We're very pleased with the service, would recommend to others.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. We truly do our best to take care of our contract holders. Thanks again!

AUL Corp Company Information