Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: May 6, 2020

I bought the car from the Handy Toyota here in St. Albans from approximately two months ago. I noticed that when I put the car in drive, the drive light starts blinking and when I called the people that I purchased the car from, which the warranty will be up by June 6th, I explained to them. They brought it in, looked at it and they said that it seemed that I was having some sort of blinking light because of the transmission. I told them I was covered, that I had the warranty insurance and sure enough, they called AUL up. First, AUL denied the claim because they didn’t feel that it was under the warranty.

I asked what they meant and they said they only took care of internal things. I said that it was an internal thing and that I spoke to a gentleman at the facility who said that it was a gray area. It was taken care of anyway, so I was really happy for that. I had other problems too. I just bought the car, but the struts were going as well. Now, that’s probably not under the warranty because it’s an external problem, but my primary concern was the transmission. I took care of the struts out of my own pocket and all in all, I’m fairly happy of the warranty taking care of the problem.

Whatever guidelines AUL goes by though, they should let people know exactly what they won’t cover. In this way, a person like me won’t be surprised. Because the way it was worded to me when I was told about the warranty, I thought I was covered for any mechanical problems such as drivetrain, transmission, or engine. Any dealership that they would do business with, they should know exactly what they’re saying to the people before they purchase the warranty. Still, I would share that information and recommend them that.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

AUL Corp covers my whole truck from front to back. And every time I've called them, they always took care of me. They’re the best extended coverage there is because they don’t hassle you about getting anything fixed. You call them, you say you got a problem with your vehicle, and even if they have to send an adjuster to take it out, they cover it. It doesn’t matter what it is.

I tried AUL once back in around 2015. I had the Altima and heard about them. I’ve heard of a few others and heard people have complaints. I read up on AUL and looked up who’s who. Most of the time, people are gonna tell the truth on the internet when it comes to certain things. If it’s good, they’ll say it’s good and they give it a good rating, and if it’s not, then they’ll say that it's a scam. Everybody said that AUL was pretty decent and I tried them.

After my first claim, I knew I was instantly hooked. When I called them and told them I had something going on with my engine, they sent an adjuster out. They figured the issue out with the shop and it was the timing chains and the guides in the car. That was almost a $1,500 job, but they didn’t have a problem covering it. They took care of me at that certain time and I really appreciate it because that was the only car I had at the time. You pay a little price for AUL, but in the long run, it’s worth it. I had more things happen than what money I put in and they still didn’t have a problem. You can’t beat a warranty like that. My warranty would be ending at the end of this year and I’m going to purchase them again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've used AUL in the past, and it was for a newer vehicle. But I canceled them out of disappointment considering that I paid for the bit of service that I could possibly get. When my ABS system quit working and it was four grand, I was informed that AUL covers everything except for the bolts that hold in the parts that are covered. And so if they broke it, then I would have to pay for it. But my AUL wouldn't cover it. So when I found that out, I discontinued the service. But when I bought a car off the dealership, I got AUL again and I was satisfied with the service contract this time around. I was able to get a hold of someone when I had questions or concerns that would answer right away. When I had a claim, the process seemed pretty quick to me. My car fixed by Samson Auto and it was a good experience. I would do business with them again. I'm pretty satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought the drive train coverage for my 2001 Highlander, because of having to replace a transmission in my prior vehicle. I didn't want to face that expense again! When the Highlander began shifting late and metal shavings were found in the fluid, it was time to submit a claim. I simply provided the warranty paperwork to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted AUL and followed their instructions.

The entire process was completed without a hitch. When I picked up my vehicle from the repair shop I paid my deductible and the small portion that was not covered under the warranty and drove off. I called the repair shop to follow up with them about a week later and was told by them that they had received payment from AUL the same day I picked up my vehicle. The mechanic was very impressed with AUL and stated that this was the easiest and most professionally handled extended warranty claim he had ever processed. That seems like high praise coming from a mechanic who deals with all kinds of warranties on a regular basis.

AUL Corp response

Lynn, thank you for your comments! We try hard to provide a smooth claims experience - both for our customers and their repair shops. Happy motoring!

Original review: May 29, 2020

AUL Corp is an okay company. I got their service contract that was below the highest quality to protect the vehicle. It was good dealing with them and they explained the coverage very well. Submitting the claim with them was easy with the mechanic’s help and the service was good. I am decently satisfied with AUL Corp.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I work in automotive repair so I know they're good. The only service contract that was available at that time of our purchase was just with the powertrain. But I wish we could get more covered. When we filed a claim, they were pretty good and the process was pretty easy. The contract has been good. It pays out.

Original review: May 22, 2020

These guys are the worst option for a warranty option possible!!! Do not use them or waste your money. They are no different than any other warranty company in the business. They try everything in their power to get out of covering anything.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I came across AUL through the dealership and my experience has been good so far. The customer service was respectful and answered all the questions that needed to be answered. For the claims portion, the shop dealt with them and it was quick and easy. When I had an alternator go bad, I paid $100 deductible and they replaced it. I also had an oil pressure sensor that went bad and it was also replaced. Those were done on the same day, which was fairly quick.

Original review: May 9, 2020

There were certain things that I had to subscribe to in order to receive the loan through the dealership so I went with what they required. Among those the dealership offered was AUL and when there was an issue with the radiator in the rear end of the Jeep, they did a claim for a repair job. I paid my deductible and dropped the vehicle off. They contacted them to make sure that it was covered under the warranty then they took care of the service.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I've had a few claims with AUL. The very first one that I had was pretty challenging to work with them. They refused to cover the warranty part at first because the mechanic, the Dodge dealership that I took the truck to had sent them a photo and it showed that there was an aftermarket cold air intake on the truck, which wasn't there when I purchased the truck. And they were refusing to replace the turbo, which was completely under warranty because they said that they had an aftermarket part on the truck.

And they know well that they have offered these warranties on used trucks and vehicles. They should know that if they're not willing to offer this warranty on vehicles that may have aftermarket parts. They basically said that they wouldn't honor it. I got myself involved in calling them. The dealership that I had purchased the truck from was kind enough to give them a call as representatives of their product and selling it, and the dealership that I had the truck at, all three of us started to call them and basically complained to them. And after a little while, they finally said that they would cover it. For my second and third claims, however, I had no problems.

I probably won't get a warranty through them again because they were such a pain to work with, and I don't have time for that. I need my truck, and if they're going to complain about stuff like that and drag it out, then I need somebody who's gonna work and be efficient. They need to clarify that if they're not gonna warranty something like that, then they need to go get their hands into putting warranties on brand new cars if that's a thing.

AUL Corp Company Information