3.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

04/25/2018

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

08/03/2018

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

166 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I bought the vehicle, the dealers were the one who sold me the plans of the warranty from AUL and stuff that they carry. When you go to a dealership and you’re gonna purchase something, it would be good to leave there with information like what it covers instead of it just being like a desktop where you’re sitting there in front of the finance manager. Then, it’s like, “Okay, well, this is this plan, this is this plan.” So you’re just looking at it on their desk like as a date or big calendar. If I had a handout or a PDF, I could scroll through there and make a better judgement. But it was nothing against them.

The deductible is low but I have used the warranty and I still had to pay outside of the $100 deductible. If anything goes wrong you don’t know if it gets covered. And they cover this and may not and it’s not the fault of the warranty. It’s just that you just gotta call them and figure out, “Well, is it covered or not?” Also, the cost is fair. If I’m buying a used vehicle, who’s outright gonna pay a 100% on these types of things.

I filed a claim for for shocks and another one for my engine and it was great how AUL worked with me through those processes. The repair place that I took it to dealt with them. They did their deal and then the repair place informed me what AUL would cover and what they would not. The Brakes Plus and Phoenix where I took my vehicle to were really good about the turnaround. It has been good when it comes to the warranty work, the turnaround, and the feedback that I get from Brakes Plus whenever they communicate with AUL when I take my vehicle in. They’re really responsive with the mechanic shop.

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I bought my other car, a Honda, the man said he would never sell anybody a used car without buying AUL, so I bought it. Then after about six weeks, the transmission went out on my car and AUL made the car lot put a brand-new one in there. I really liked that so when I went to buy my second vehicle, I knew that I must get that warranty.

I bought a white Toyota March the 31st of this year. I drove it home and by April the 2nd, it was in the shop. And it stayed there for about two and a half months. It had to have part of a motor put in it and the dealership told me that I was getting a new motor. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't a new motor. I've only had it back for three weeks and now it's back in the shop again. If I had to pay for all that, it would be a nightmare. So far, all I've had to pay was $100 and the bill was $2,600. Submitting claims has been great. I didn't have to do much, other than call the car lot and tell them that I was having problems with my vehicle. Then they took over from there. I felt like I have more problems with the car lot not being truthful than I do with AUL. I would tell friends that they better get AUL if they're buying a used car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: May 4, 2019

I purchased a nice used car and I thought it would be worth it to get an extended warranty for it. I heard that AUL Corp was extremely easy to deal with and very understandable of the situation. They also had a very good price. I looked at other extended warranty providers to make sure that AUL was gonna be the right one and I had a great experience with the rep who sold me the warranty. I happily took their coverage thinking that it would work. Unfortunately, I was proven wrong and I was not happy with my first experience.

I had the vehicle in Florida and I brought it to Toyota of North Miami Beach. When I called prior, the guy at AUL said that I could take the vehicle in then the repair shop would call them and that’d be fine. During the process, Toyota took care of the claim for me. AUL came down to check the vehicle out at Toyota and they refused to cover any of the repairs. The bump itself was preexisting and I wasn’t even trying to get it fixed. It was the opening and Toyota showed them that the motor is going on its own. It was clear from a couple of mechanics that a prior existing nudge on one of my passenger doors has nothing to do with a motor problem in the power sliding doors. The Toyota person was trying to show the fellow that he was making a mistake, but he was not relenting.

I got power doors specifically so it’d be easier with my kids. But I had the car for three weeks and driven it down 20 hours from Maryland to Florida, then I found out about the part that was not working. The vehicle has been around for a few years and it makes sense that sometimes things would go. But that's what AUL Corp was supposed to cover. The extended warranty was a lot of extra money on the purchase of the car and to have my claim go like that is really not okay. I was told that either I pay the $1400 or AUL would cover it, and that was all they could pay. But I don’t have the money to fix the car and I'd appreciate if AUL could relook at the claim for me.

Original review: April 25, 2019

AUL was sold to me at the dealership and I got it in case anything went wrong. I got the top-of-the-line contract and the rep was good. The only thing that could be improved with the service is when the transmission went out and they didn’t cover a rebuilt like they said. I filed the claim directly with them and they got it done right away, but they only put a junkyard transmission in it which I wasn't happy about. What I paid for the warranty is what they had to put out and expend, so it was equaled out.

Original review: April 25, 2019

AUL handled the warranty service contract on my Audi. They met and exceeded my expectations as far as coverage. So glad I retained this company for my warranty needs. I only hope to be able to have the capability to extend the warranty after it’s expiration in 2021. Thank you AUL.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 25, 2019

My daughter purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze. She purchased the warranty from AUL and they haven't been good about covering repairs. Her car is in need of a turbo and they are only willing to cover a portion of the job. If the job is eligible for repair then it should be COVERED!!! I feel since her warranty is expiring they don't want to pay out. I was considering extending the contract but now I'm not so sure.

AUL Corp response

Sherry, thanks for taking the time to comment. Would you please provide me with your daughter's contract number or VIN, so I can look into this claim?

Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased a used vehicle and I thought that it would be wise if I put an extended warranty on it. The car dealer selected AUL Corp as the service contract provider and I was led to believe that my coverage was bumper-to-bumper, not anything cosmetic, but like mechanical and that sort of stuff. I had an emergency when I went to Florida. My brother-in-law passed away. I had to go get his son out of the hospital, and we were rushing to the funeral. That time, my right front wheel bearing seized.

In my highway-charged emotional state, I completely forgot that I had an AUL Corp service contract. I called my auto club, had my car towed to the closest place, and had the issue repaired. I paid for it with my credit card. About a month later though, I remembered that I have a service contract with AUL Corp. I called them and at first, there was a snafu on the paperwork. Some paperwork on the dealer's side, Durango Motors, were not complete. Durango Motors took care of that. They were awesome.

The girl from AUL Corp that I initially spoke to told me that since my situation was an emergency, they could write the whole thing as an unauthorized repair due to an emergency. She told me that they would send me an email with more information, and they did. They then asked me to provide a copy of the bill. I scanned the bill and sent it through email. However, they never got back to me. They didn't even acknowledge that they got my email. I sent them another email asking them to tell me if they have received the copy of my bill since we live in the middle of nowhere and our internet is on satellite. Sometimes, it tells me that the email has been sent, but it actually hasn't. I still didn't get a response. A month later I got a check in the mail. It was 160 bucks. Well, my bill was close to $700. That didn't seem fair to me.

Also, I’ve since sold the vehicle and I’ve been trying to contact them to see if I could get a refund on what was left of the policy since I didn't have a car for a year. I have called and I have spoken to someone three different times. I was told that they'd look into that and then get back to me in a day or so. But then I’ve never gotten a callback or an email. That irritates me. If I'm not entitled to a refund, I’ll deal with that. But to completely ignore me? I was in customer service and food service for 35 years. I’ll blow somebody up who is doing an awesome job. AUL could have gotten back to me 30 minutes later or two days later and go, “I’m sorry. I haven’t contacted you. I was trying to find out the answer to this." Right now, I'm somewhat dissatisfied with AUL Corp. For the way things turned out and being ignored, I probably paid more than I should have.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I took my car to Pritchard's Lake Chevrolet because the part that rolls the window up and down broke. I have an AUL Corp service contract. The dealership got the car right in, treated her well, and did good service. The car was fixed that day. I'd recommend a friend to AUL Corp.

AUL Corp response

Stephen, thanks for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was opposed to you putting a used engine in my car to start with. Now that you are putting the third engine in I'm still opposed to used engines. This is in a three month period. So I am not happy with your service at all.

AUL Corp response

Terry, Would you mind providing me with your contract number or VIN? I would like to look into your claim further. Thanks.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I acquired a service contract for my vehicle with AUL due to the age of the vehicle. I filed a claim when the car had a bad transmission, but the experience was awful and the situation was uncomfortable for myself. It was horrible dealing with El Dorado Chevrolet in McKinney, the dealership that sold me the contract. The dealer-financier lied to me, then he didn’t turn the paperwork in on time and wouldn’t return my calls. That interaction could have been improved by letting me know and returning my calls. Since we got everything worked out, though, the claim went well. It was just a matter of getting things set up.

It was worthwhile having a service contract with AUL. But you have to make sure that the paperwork has been submitted. When you buy a car from a dealership, you assume that they are gonna do their end of the purchase. But when I filed a claim, the dealership hadn’t submitted the paperwork yet. My satisfaction with the service contract that I received from AUL was medium.

AUL Corp response

Jeffrey, I'm sorry for your experience with your selling dealer. Sometimes paperwork can fall through the cracks and then delays happen--especially with busy dealerships. I'm glad to see that things did work out, and I'm glad to hear that your experience with AUL was positive.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I purchased a used truck from a dealership and was offered the warranty. It was for the drivetrain which I thought would be a good idea. Little did I know that they screw you around on claims and do not want to be of any assistance whatsoever. The transfer case in my truck went out and they would only allow a used part to be put in my truck. They said they had to order it and it took 7 days for it to arrive. Now the part arrived but it is the wrong part and now I will have to wait another 7 days for another used part to arrive. They have left me stranded without a vehicle because I can't afford to rent a vehicle on my own. They said they would reimburse me but what good is that doing me now when I don't have the means to rent one on my own. DO NOT do business with this company. I will never purchase another warranty from them ever again.

AUL Corp response

James, I'm sorry you are not happy with your Claims experience. Would you send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this further? Thanks.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Updated on 04/15/2019: Yes I got called by AAMCO this afternoon about the approval. Your approval was ONLY for the alternator not the transmission. Transmission will not be dissected & the 2nd gear will not be fixed unless I pay the $585 down then wait & see if it is approved by AUL.

Original review: I purchased a 2002 Isuzu March 1st, 2019 & the dealer at EZMOTORS told me vehicle came with an AUL Warranty. Well it was driving fine until this past Monday on my son's bday. It wouldn't start when we came out of the establishment we were having party at. AUL roadside assistance was wonderful. They picked up my vehicle, brought it to my place & then the next day their claims department helped find a place to fix it & roadside assistance came & had it at AAMCO within 2 hours. Now I get a call that my transmission needs to be dissected & my alternator is out. I have to pay upfront $585 for it to be dissected & see if it's covered by AUL. IM A SINGLE DISABLED MOTHER OF 3 which my oldest son is disabled also. I don't have the $ for that. EzMotors & AUL are both full of **.

AUL Corp response

Selena according to our records,your claim has been authorized as of today 4/15/19.If you have any additional questions, you are welcome to give us a call Mon- Fri 6am-5pm pst.

Original review: April 12, 2019

When I purchased the truck, it was used, so the company that I was buying it from recommended AUL. I got a service contract on it from AUL for the engine and the powertrain. It was good dealing with the dealer-financier that sold me the service contract and our interaction went smoothly. I had to file a claim with AUL and it went fine. I was satisfied with the claims process, as well as with the cost. AUL has been good and having this warranty is valuable because I’m having a lot of issues with my truck.

AUL Corp response

Tammy, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could help when you needed us.

Original review: April 3, 2019

They denied my claims and refuse to answer questions. I purchased a used car and the estate coverage contract in mid November. Since then my car is burning through oil. 6 quarts in 1000 miles. Took it to my dealership which sent me to Audi because they weren't equipped to perform an oil consumption test and detected no visible leaks. At this time service agent informed me that I'd just pay the $100 deductible and swing back through when the oil light comes back on or after 750 miles.

Took the car to the Audi service which informed me the PCV valve is aftermarket and must be an original one to perform the test. Due to it not being a failing part, (and he informed me the PCV valve could be responsible for the excessive oil consumption) they denied coverage. I went back and forth with no resolution from my dealer or AUL. The PCV valve is $355.

It's been 5 days now and after getting the runaround from all involved, AUL has also denied to cover the oil consumption test. Which I'm now informed is $160 to start and $160 to inspect after the miles/oil light come on. I've asked for invoices and pricing the entire time while being assured that it would all sort itself when they file claims. I was told I would possibly have to cover the PCV valve myself, so I attempted to communicate with the dealership to come to a fair resolution. (Split the part? Whatever they would agree to. None of that was even an option and they're denying any wrong doing.)

So a "$100" diagnostic is now $675 to me out of pocket and no one is taking responsibility. I was sold this policy by the finance representative at the dealership. I was told every single thing was covered. My dealership is saying AUL isn't cooperating. My sales rep has admitted to knowing nothing about the policies. Their service manager can't give me answers. I also asked if someone could confirm that the PCV valve would not affect coverage when it is complete and we find out where the car is losing oil. Everyone at my dealership has said it’s in their interest to deny claims and that’s ‘how these things work.’

I called AUL which said there were notes of an upcoming tests but that they didn't approve any service on my car. Upon asking if that affects future repairs I did not get any answers either. Today I asked again why neither service was covered and I was given yet another reason, the PCV valve apparently isn't covered because it's emissions related and I wasn't given a real answer about the oil consumption test. Everyone I've spoken to at the dealership is telling me that AUL isn't cooperating and they just can't do anything about it. I paid $4200 for my policy and am pretty sure they will find any way to wiggle out of being responsible for claims.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Tatiana. I would be more than happy to review Your claim to see if there was a breakdown in our procedures. Would you please forward your contract number or VIN to me? Thanks.

Original review: April 2, 2019

One of the best extended warranty servers around, 20 days into my purchase of my new vehicle and my motor was going out AUL did not hesitate to fund a used motor with low miles and labor charges. I will definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a good solid extended warranty.

AUL Corp response

Hello Albert, thanks for the kind words! This is what we do day in and day out. Glad we could be there for you!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased AUL for my son's truck and it paid off. AUL was great to work with and paid dealer timely without any issues! Great warranty with great people helping. I will definitely purchase and continue to spread the great word about AUL warranty with all future purchases.

AUL Corp response

Hi Jason, thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased an AUL extended warranty on a 2011 Jeep Liberty that I purchased in July 2018. I have had two repair claims since then and AUL has denied both. The first occurred when the weather turned cold and I tried to use the heater for the first time. It blew cold air on the driver side but warm air on the passenger side. I took the vehicle to a Jeep dealer and they diagnosed the problem as a plugged heater core. The service department called AUL which denied the claim saying that a plugged core was not covered, but a leaky core would have been. The repair cost was $1770. The second claim was on March 26, 2019. The check engine light came on so I took it to a Jeep dealer. They diagnosed it as a bad sensor on the fuel evaporation system. They called AUL which said it was not a covered part. It appears AUL will deny every claim they can. I would not recommend getting an extended warranty from them. It will be a waste of your money.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Griff. I would like to review your claims; would you mind sending me your contract number or VIN? Without knowing your coverage, I would not want to try to address your concerns. Thanks.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Side detection system quit working and I took the vehicle to the dealership. They contacted AUL and they, of course, denied it as I knew they would because the same thing happened to my 2015 Impala. After arguing with the dealership, they once again contacted AUL. They sent an adjuster, then claimed it wouldn't be covered because it was due to moisture. A few days later my instrument panel, turn signals, heater, etc. quit working. Went back to dealership and found out it was due to the non-working side detection. Apparently that caused my electrical system to short out. I have purchased five vehicles for various family members in the last four years and put a service contract on all of them. Never again!

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Christine. I'm sorry your claim didn't go as you would have liked. Would you send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into it? Thanks.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Purchased a dealer certified 2011 Chevy Silverado in OCT 2016 with 92000 miles. I purchased the extended warranty for est. $2500-$3500 extra. Have always had the vehicle serviced at the dealership ever since I have had it. I had a couple of relatively low cost repairs made that the warranty covered. Now March of 2019 I noticed some smoke coming from the exhaust intermittently on startup. Took to the dealer to have checked out and WHAM!!! Collapsed piston rings!!! The vehicle still covered. Adjuster comes to the dealership and says...NOT COVERED...blames on excessive carbon build up due to the customer buying poor gasoline!!!

DID YOU GET THAT? POOR GASOLINE and it's MY FAULT??? BS... Bottomline, they were happy to pay for the low cost items because it did not really cut in their bottom line...but now there is a high dollar repair and it will probably cost them more than I paid for the warranty... TO THEM THAT IS A NO HONOR WARRANTY ANYMORE. What a PISS POOR company. My next action is CLASS ACTION if I get no satisfaction. Thank YOU.

AUL Corp response

good morning Mark. I would be happy to review your claim if you will send me your contract number or VIN. Thanks!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I bought a 2009 Ford F150 in January. I purchased a service contract from AUL from the vehicle at the suggestion of my finance manager. I agreed, thinking it was a smart move considering the age and miles on the vehicle. A Week or so ago, the truck started running rough, and then the check engine light came on, so I brought it to the dealer, to file a claim for whatever repair might be needed. Late last week, I was notified that an AUL inspector was to look at my repairs, seems there were some after market parts used in a previous repair (I had no knowledge of any previous repairs before I bought the vehicle).

Yesterday, I was notified that my claim had been denied, citing excessive sludge in the engine (valvetrain components I do believe), that is what I was told briefly. The repairs are estimated to me at least $3300. The sales team and finance people at my dealership are contacting reps from your company and CNA. In my view, I have done nothing to cause any of these needed repairs, I have barely had the vehicle a few months, put very few miles on it. I just want to understand all this, and find a resolution that doesn't involve me shelling out thousands just to have a working vehicle.

AUL Corp response

Bill, thanks for reaching out. If you would provide me with your contract number or VIN, I would be happy to look into your claim.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I wanted a service contract since I didn't buy my vehicle new. I went with AUL Corp and so far, the service contract has been good. I've filed several claims with them and sometimes, there was a little give and take when they worked with me through the process. AUL was a good value and so far, it worked out well. I'd recommend it.

AUL Corp response

James, thank for you comments. I'm glad we've been able to help, and, as always, if you ever have questions, feel free to call us!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Took my truck to the shop because the OD button did not work on the shifter lever. Was declined. They said because it's not in the estate coverage. That's a $500 bill I can't afford and you well should have covered it because it is a component and that should have been covered. Just be aware they will get out of paying for something if they can.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Kracker (AKA Eddie). I was able to find your contract in our system, and I see that you have a component-specific contract – meaning a component has to be listed on the contract to be eligible for coverage. It was actually the wiring to the shifter that failed, and, unfortunately, neither the wiring nor the shifter itself is covered. Having said that, give me a little more time to review your claim.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Buying a service contract from AUL was a smart decision that I made. I’m an old lady on fixed income who has a 2002 vehicle. The people at AUL were very nice and businesslike. I filed a claim with them when my engine blew up. I dealt with a fellow named Jeremy and it was very good. I would recommend AUL.

AUL Corp response

Sharon, thank you so much for your comments! I'm happy we could be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: March 5, 2019

AUL Corp was recommended as a good company with the dealer I had bought it from. The service contract that I got from AUL Corp was for 12 months. I purchased the service contract and paid through the dealer rep, whose name is Isaiah. Working with him was fine. The claim experience with AUL was good. The whole claims process took a month and they did everything that was needed. The people at AUL Corp were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

AUL Corp response

Tammy, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could help when you needed us!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I wanted a service contract for my vehicle for my safety and for my own concern. AUL Corp. was presented to me the interaction with the person who sold me the contract was great. Submitting a claim to AUL Corp. was also easy and the process of getting my car back was three days long. However, if you don't have the number for your towing services, you can't get in contact with AUL Corp. on the weekend or after 5:00. Also, with the rental car, I had to pay upfront but I didn't get reimbursed. I was not fully satisfied with everything but it’s alright. I would tell others to check out AUL Corp.

AUL Corp response

Good afternoon, Angela, and thank you for your comments. I was able to look up your claim information, and it looks like we were waiting for the rental invoice in order to reimburse that. If you would like to submit that, we would be more than happy to reimburse you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

A AUL warranty was purchased with a 2013 Cadillac SRX SUV. The vehicle was taken to the dealer from whom the car was purchased due to a dim headlight. The passenger side headlight was lit, but was dimmer than the driver side. The dealer's root-cause analysis was an issue with the wiring and required replacement. AUL denied the claim because it was an 'illumination' problem. The bulb wasn't the problem - it was the wiring. When the clever adjuster told me '..well the wiring is only there because of the bulb...' I hung up the phone - wasting anymore breath on him was going to do no good. I even offered to send him a picture of the bulb burning if he wanted - he declined. Had the dealer fix the problem at my expense and guess what - using the same bulb that was in the vehicle originally works fine - it wasn't the bulb it was the wiring. Thanks for all of your help AUL - please rush my refund.

Hi Gary,

I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. After taking a second look at the claim I agree with your assessment that we should have covered this claim. We try to adjudicate all claims according to the contract, but in this case, I think we took a little too hard of a line. We apologize for the error and in an effort to rectify the situation we ask that you please submit a copy of your receipt to us and we will reimburse you for the charges incurred.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

It’s literally been weeks since the shop originally had the car. Every day that I call to ask about the car they say that the part they ordered is defective because it fails their test drive. Keep in mind they’ve used this excuse 3 out of the 6 times I’ve called. The other times the “explanation” was that the piece they ordered wouldn’t show up on time for the mechanics to get to it. In short I believe they’re just trying to run up the man hours and parts without actually getting any results. I’d like to use your services on another shop that’ll actually fix my car.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Michael. I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can find your claim in our system? Thanks.

AUL Corp Company Information