4.20/5
Based on 64 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides a wide variety of service contracts for your vehicle in order to help you find the option that fits your needs. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 12, 2018

72 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2018

I got a service from AUL Corp to be covered when any problems occur with my car. The service contract is a four-year policy and it's very thorough. I sent a copy of the warranty to my trusted mechanic and he seemed to think it was better than most. On the other hand, the person that sold it to me could be a little bit more educated and transparent on what the process entails.

In addition, there was some major work on the car and there was a lot of follow-ups and back and forth to get the simplest things approved. There is a lot of fraud and frivolous things that people take advantage of, but mine were legitimate issues that were supposed to be covered by the contract. They seemed to bureaucratize things to get out of it and my mechanic had warned me that they’re probably gonna fight everything that I'd do. He’s the one that did a lot of the correspondence with AUL and in the end, they approved all the claims.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I don't usually write reviews but I have to in this case to at least do my part in letting the public know how poorly I serviced by this organization. Their main issue is that they are misleading, which when it comes to car repairs can be expensive. I have an '07 GMC Envoy that randomly overheated one day. I immediately took it to a shop recommended by the warranty company. I was then told that my radiator cap was faulty and I needed a new radiator. So I went through the process to have that fixed. Within a day of receiving the car back the car overheated again. Out of concern for any possible future damage to the car I asked the warranty place for another shop to take the car to. They told me that I should return the car to the same shop, even after I expressed my concerns about the shop not correctly identifying the issue the first time. I conceded and returned the car to the same shop.

This time around I was told that my water pump was the issue and that I needed to have that replaced. After speaking with the warranty company about the issue, I was told that I would not have to pay the deductible this time around because this was an issue that should have been taken care of the first time around. HOWEVER, when I arrived at the shop I was asked for the deductible. Since it was Saturday, the warranty company was not available so I was forced to pay the deductible and hope that I would be reimbursed on Monday. After 45 minutes of speaking with representative after representative, I finally was able to get the company to re-commit to waiving the deductible. Two days after this, my car overheated again. I called the warranty company and was told that they would waive the deductible again.

However, when I took the car to a new shop I was told that the engine block had a crack in it due to the repeated overheating within the last few days. I called the warranty company to tell them what I had heard from the mechanic, when they informed me that the mechanic had already called and that my claim was denied due to "overheating" damage not being covered. Maybe in isolated thinking that is acceptable; however, in context of taking this car to a shop at the suggestion of the warranty company, coupled with the acknowledgment of the warranty company that this issue should have been solved the first time around (or the second), how can you possibly leave your customer holding the back in this situation?

This problem is the result of negligence and the subsequent problems worsened by bad faith business practice. That is why I can not recommend that anyone trust this organization to hold their end of the bargain when it comes time collect on the benefits of having your car covered by their warranty policy. They will lead you down a wrong path and leave you holding the bag when you expect them to help. I can not express how disappointed I am with what transpired...

Original review: April 21, 2018

I buy a service contract in any used vehicle I buy but with the service contract I had before, I’ve never used the plan at all. This AUL Corp was the second service contract for a used vehicle that I’ve purchased which I’m glad I did because they had to replace the motor. However, they had a lot of arguments with the mechanic where I purchased the plan from. The mechanic where I purchased my car from has a shop as well. So, there was a lot of argument between those two. Nevertheless, they were able to handle it on their own. Although I did have to pay over $600 out of pocket expense for them to replace the motor because the plan would not cover some of the parts they had to replace when they reinstalled it. I wasn’t very happy about because I had paid $2500 for this plan which was supposed to cover everything.

I had left one message to AUL Corp and no one returned my call. They didn’t talk to me directly at all. Nonetheless, the cost was fair because it would’ve cost me six grand to replace the motor if I hadn’t had the plan. So, I saved half basically. However, AUL Corp should be in contact with the person that actually purchased the plan and not just the mechanic. Still, I will recommend them because they did honor the policy.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 23, 2018

AUL is the worst. Why buy warranty to get damaged used parts put on my truck. AUL told shop to use a used transmission with a crack in a part. My truck has been in shop over 3 weeks now. And AUL has truly been hard to communicate with. AUL is not good and sells a good lie to get you to buy. I will not recommended them to anyone.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Getting a service contract with AUL Corp was well worth it and I would definitely recommend them. I’ve read reviews online and there’s a lot of people saying not to buy a warranty because it's a rip-off. And I’m saying, thank God I have that warranty. I've already filed a claim for a couple of repairs. First, there was a faulty fuel pump shortly after I purchased a vehicle and I took it back to the place where I bought the truck. They took care of it really quick. Then, everything was replaced on my 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4 x 4, from the radiator to the engine transmission.

Throughout the process, I had some periods of frustration. There was anxiety mixed in there because there's a very big repair that needed to be done. So we took it to a shop in town. I'm familiar with this shop since they had work done on my car before. The manager of the shop dealt with AUL and there was a lot of back and forth because it was a big repair job. That had me worried because if the engine and transmission wouldn’t have been replaced through the warranty, I would’ve been paying for an 8000-pound paperweight. It was basically a $13,000 repair.

In the end the shop told me that they would supply the motor. It has a three-year warranty but AUL is saying they're going to supply any motor but it has a one-year warranty only. If I had any complaint is that I want a motor with a three-year warranty because I don't know where you buy motors with a one-year warranty. All in all, the repair took longer than I thought it would take. And while the engine was replaced, all the outside stuff that goes on the engine like oil and all the hoses, belts and spark plugs add up. I paid $1000. But still if I didn't have the warranty I would’ve been screwed. Now that I’ve been through the process I'm satisfied with AUL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: March 15, 2018

We have an AUL Corp service contract on my lease. In addition, we bought a new used and we have gotten a service contract for it. The rep who sold me the contract said I was qualified and asked me if I wanted it. I did, so I signed the paper. The process took 10 minutes. He was upfront and honest with me. We had to file a claim on my husband’s truck that we had gotten in October. The claim process was fine. However, the dealership had it for over a month and they were trying to get answers on whether we could get a loaner. Three days before the truck was fixed, they finally said that AUL Corp said we could have a loaner. I wasn’t really happy with that portion of it. We needed a second car because we’re a two-car family and my husband works midnights, so he would have my car at night. If something were to happen to me or the kids, we'd have a car. All in all, we are satisfied with the contract.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My vehicle was a diesel and it was an older one. The dealership wasn’t willing to warranty the vehicle at all and I didn’t want to walk out of there with no warranty at all. I got the engine, transmission, front differential, rear differential and transfer case warranty from AUL. It was a good thing I bought AUL’s warranty because two days after I bought the truck, it blew up. If it wasn’t for AUL covering the truck, I would’ve been stuck with a $20,000 truck with a blown up engine. The dealership took care of the claim for me and AUL dealt with them. After five months, it finally worked out. So far, I’m satisfied with my contract with AUL. AUL’s cost is great for the quality of service I got and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

When I was at the car lot, the people suggested that I buy a service contract for my vehicle from AUL Corp. So far, I am satisfied with my contract. They really paid through the snoot on this one. They paid for my engine replacement and it was a lot of money.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have AUL so that if something goes wrong, I will be covered. This is the third time I’ve obtained a service contract from them and I always go with the estate service contract. I have used them on every car we have. Recently we did the straps on my wife's car. The shop called AUL up, AUL okayed it and the work was done. I'm satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I'd never owned a diesel truck before and I knew there are expenses that could add up so we made a smart decision to buy a contract with AUL. The last time I bought a vehicle from the same dealership, it was a MasterTech warranty and not AUL. I got a similar warranty but it was just for gas pickup trucks. MasterTech doesn’t offer a warranty for diesel vehicles and AUL is one of the better ones to get. The dealer's finance manager showed me my options and then laid out the prices. The process was pretty standard.

I have a pending reimbursement for my cooling system in my truck and it has taken a little longer than what I’d like but so far, I've been satisfied with my contract. I was comfortable with the rep and I had worked with him before in my previous car. He was a nice guy. The fee for the service contract is about $600 a month and it can be a little pricey if I were to pay it outright, but it’s on my loan so I don't even notice it. I would tell friends to go ahead and look into AUL, especially if they’re buying diesel.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been calling since Monday regarding car issues and yes, I have a contract. Please refer to the 6 digit VIN number in lieu of the contract one. I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am with the ride and unprofessional agents. Namely an Erica in claims and an Eva in Roadside Assistance. Where to begin... I called on 2/27/18 and was warmly greeted by Erica (note sarcasm). Right off the bat, she had a snotty attitude and could hear the condescension in her voice when I asked her what my next step would be behemoth my car was ready for retrieval. I asked her. I called them with the estimate, to which she yells, "Oh no! The shop NEEDS TO CALL US!" I then told her that this was my first time using the warranty. She was very rude and said, "That's why we are here!" I received no apology nor any sort of compassion regarding having a broken down vehicle. So I hang and thought, "Oh maybe it's just a bad day."

I had been reading on your website what "wonderful and awesome" customer service you provide. Yet, I hung and felt like I was inconveniencing her. She and other reps need to comprehend that car breakdowns are stressful and could do with a little empathizing. This was my first encounter with the lovely Erica. On 2/28, I called again and lucky me, I got her again. Joy! I could tell it was the same woman due to the abrupt way she answered the phone and the abrasive attitude! I asked her if we could do a 3-way with the shop because my car was completed. She practically yelled and said, "No! The shop needs to call us!"

I had enough and told her that I did not appreciate her tone and that I was escalating the call to a supervisor because I felt that she was treating me like I'm an imbecile. Rather than saying, "I apologize and let's start again." She proceeds to say, "I did not call you stupid". I reiterated that I want a supervisor or another agent. I then get Nicole on the line and I could distinctly hear Erica in the background blabbing and carrying on. Yes, I've worked in call centers and I am familiar with them. My point is that she should have taken that behavior off the floor. I was blessed or cursed with sonar hearing and that is just unprofessional. Customers and coworkers don't need to hear the mad rantings of someone who probably needs to listen to some Bob Marley or get a hug!

Fast forward I get Nicole and ask for a supervisor. I'm placed on hold for 5 minutes, Nicole comes back and says that she will take my information and a supervisor will call me back. Twelve hours later and no call. That just proves the lack of customer service. I am saddened because I do not feel valued or appreciated. Needless to say I paid out of pocket $400 for my car because I could predict how the call with shop would have went. I am on disability and would prefer to starve for a week rather have the shop call. If you can treat your customers like that, who's to say you won't treat the shop employees the same? I intend to write reviews on whichever site with let and file a complaint with the BBB. -Unhappy in Hawaii.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

The regular warranty ran out on my car and I wanted to keep it. The dealer that I have been dealing with for years recommended AUL Corp. I went ahead and extended the warranty with AUL Corp. The finance manager gave me the pricing on it and I did it because I trusted him. I have had one claim and it went great. It was strictly through the garage and I didn't have any personal communication with AUL but the garage took care of it. I would recommend AUL Corp to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

When we had to use our service, it was a little odd that AUL wouldn’t talk to the shop that we took our vehicle to and they wouldn’t approve anything. It was a little sketchy. We purchased a vehicle and took it home. It was smoking when we drove it. The dealership told us that it was just the cleaning of the underneath of something. I said, "Okay." The next day, there was a clear oil leak, so we called the dealership.

We had it looked at three different times by their mechanic’s shop, but it still kept leaking oil. We then took it to a different mechanic. The mechanic’s shop I took the vehicle to tried calling to see if AUL would cover it. AUL wouldn’t approve or deny anything with the mechanic. I had to call the dealership and they had to deal with AUL. The dealership guy took care of it. The car had an oil pan leak and a rear main seal gasket leak and we hadn’t even had it for a month. We were able to get the issue covered in the end, but it was awkward. This was the first time I've ever had to use a service contract and I’m not even sure if AUL technically covered it or if the dealership did.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I paid $2300+ for an extended warranty and when my power steering failed. While they paid to have that fixed, they refused to pay for the wheel alignment that was required as part of the rack and pinion replacement. This resulted in the steering wheel tilted noticeably to one side while driving. Their justification was that the car is driving straight and that's all they care about. Will not recommend these douchebags!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was looking for one of the top of the line warranties and AUL Corp was recommended. There were some issues with a vehicle right after I bought it and AUL Corp took good care of it. That car got the best extended warranty that this company offered. I filed the claim by going to my service department which then contacted AUL Corp to see if they covered certain things under my warranty. AUL took care of the things that they were supposed to on my vehicle and I was very satisfied with everything that they were there for because they worked with me. The only thing was that my contract was not very long as it only covers about 40,000 miles. The quality was good though. I would recommend them if they have a longer option. Also, I have not heard from them since my warranty was up so I never got to renew it. But they were great.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Although AUL has paid out most of my claims I am unhappy that there was a listed item (throttle body) that was excluded from comprehensive coverage that is not considered a "wear item". The original salesman never mentioned the exclusions and the repair shop said that it was unusual for a throttle body to be excluded on a comprehensive warranty. At the end of the day the warranty has paid for itself so I am still somewhat satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Phone agent was fine. Your product is subpar. I purchased what was said to be the best and I can’t use it for any of my issues. Electrical problems, A/C problems, problems that really matter are not covered at all. I was told I have the electrical package but I wasn’t told the electrical package refers to things like GPS; not things like my automatic running boards that cost $2500 to repair. You can rest assured I will not stop telling people how horrible your products actually are and to NOT purchase them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We bought a service contract from AUL Corp for all our cars and it seemed to be the thing to do. We have always had good experience with AUL Corp. and we are happy with it. Our contract has been fine. We bought several cars from the dealer and we are happy with the policy, the serviceman, and everything that has been done with all our cars. We have used AUL Corp. for several things. I give the claim to the dealer and let them process it. The cost is wonderful. It would cost me way out of pocket if I had not bought the policy.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

AUL Corp is horrible. I purchased a vehicle from Unique Motors which had 67,000 miles, and I also purchased the best coverage that they deal with AUL because I don't like messing with anything if I purchased stuff. People say it's a waste of money but I had really good success with it with my wife's Honda Odyssey. With no questions asked, they repaired stuff and there was no deductible with them. With mine, there's a hundred-dollar deductible which was fine, but I expected superb coverage.

I didn't put more than 2,000 miles on the truck, and I was going to take it up North. And before any trip, I have a tradition of taking all my vehicles to a dealership to make sure that it's trip ready. I took it to one of the local Ford dealerships and found that there were some issues with the suspension and the steering. I also noticed that every time I was going about 70 miles an hour, it would kind of shake. So, when the dealership told me about the things that were wrong, I told them to get it fixed because I have the warranty. I spoke with the gentleman that I was referred to by other guys I work with at work. He was extremely helpful. He called in a couple of parts, but AUL said it is not covered. He told them it's a part of a stabilization arm and they said it is under the steering and the warranty doesn't specifically say that it is covered.

The gentleman called and told me that they were saying that it is not covered. I was looking on the sheet and was looking up what the part was. And it was funny because if you look up the definition, it is involved in suspension or stabilizing the steering because it connects the steering. And there was a little paragraph that I read on it. If you google it, it comes under suspension parts and comes under stabilization arms. So, I didn't get how it's not covered.

I called AUL and spoke with one person who said the part is not covered because it specifically doesn't say on the warranty. And when I asked if he was telling me that every part of a vehicle is specifically stated in their warranty, he said yes. I told him he was wrong. There are too many parts of the vehicle to specifically state in their brochure. So, I then asked what is not covered. He got me another man who told me the same thing, and he also said I didn't know what I was talking about. I told him he shouldn't be talking to the customer like that. When I asked again what was not covered, he said it was the part that I needed.

I told him warranty companies not only have what's covered but they also have disclaimers of what's not covered. And it's a small print and us, consumers, don't read it. I asked him where was that piece of paper, and he said they don't have to generate it for me. All they have is what's covered. And if it's not specifically stated on what’s covered, then it's not covered. I talked to another manager and he also told me I was full of crap. I pay a couple of grand for this warranty and they are not covering certain things.

I called the guy at the dealership and I apologized to him for AUL Corp. Another thing that pissed me off was how AUL's reps didn’t know my vehicle is a lifted truck. I've dealt with warranty companies my entire life as a homeowner and as a vehicle owner, and I get it that they want to save money but the perception I received from AUL was it was a nickel and dime as far as what they want to cover. And it's extremely sad because we pay for a product for peace of mind and yet, they are taking half my mind and fighting with them on the phone was completely ridiculous. They couldn't even produce documentation that I was requesting.

I also saw a couple of blogs where AUL is not very popular and I wish I should've done my due diligence as far as looking up the insurance company before I purchased something. I would've gone with the product that I know and the company that I worked for, that was through my credit union. But the truck is beautiful. I didn't know there were major issues with it which was why I bought the warranty. The guy at the dealership even said that the part is only going to cost them $300. They're losing the customer, and I'll never purchase anything from AUL again. I got all my statements ready to blast not only them but also Unique Motors, who I purchased it from. I was totally disappointed in that company and the representation I've received from them was horrible.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I bought a car with approximately 75,000 miles and the service contract from AUL Corp came with the car after the dealership. The person who sold me the contract explained it pretty thoroughly and I had a really good understanding of it. It was a warranty that lasted up to 100,000 miles and covered drive axle, powertrain, and other things. It had a good coverage of everything. I was very pleased with it because it turned out that the car had a bad rear differential and I ended up having to use my warranty just about a few months ago.

When I submitted the claim, there was a lot of coordination that had to be done between the service shop that fixed my car and the company. The company requested pictures for them to verify. After all that, they told us what they were going to cover and they covered most of the expenses. I ended up getting charged for a little bit of extra labor and materials for the fluid in the rear differential which was fine. I got a wholly refurbished rear axle in my vehicle at the end of the day.

But it took a few hours for the company to provide the payment to cover their end of the warranty. We were coordinating all the stuff through fax then we called them and told them that the job was done. I was sitting around in the shop for about five hours because somebody wasn’t checking the fax machine on AUL's end. I wished that the people who were speaking with the shop who was fixing my car were more aware that they need to expedite the situation so that I could get the car and get out of there. Other than that, it was a good time up until the end. The quality of service is great and I’d recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought a truck back in July and bought a three-year 36,000-mile warranty service contract for it from AUL Corp. Their finance manager was very nice about it and he told me that it can be cancelled at any point. He was very helpful, and he explained everything very well to me. When my power steering rack was out, I called AUL Corp and they told me to call the dealership that they go to. I talked to them and it was all figured out fairly quickly. I saved the $100 deductible and had my truck back within a week so I’m happy with it and I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The AUL rep was able to explain the different tiers of what the actual vehicle qualified for and what we were able to do. He was very educated on helping us choose the proper contract and he did a great job. We were very satisfied with our service contract and it is very good compared to previous ones we had. We have already filed claims and we got a new transmission, a new power-steering thing, and a new radiator. I've also got one outstanding claim that I sent in that I need to check the status on. Everything else was paid directly to the dealership but this one we paid and then we had to submit for reimbursement. It was a great experience, so far, with AUL Corp and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

If you're purchasing a used vehicle, AUL Corp is worth having since you never know when something's going to go wrong. I purchased a used vehicle and I was impressed that there was a warranty offered for it when I asked the dealer's finance manager, especially because some places don't have. The finance manager was knowledgeable and able to answer my questions, and there was only one warranty company that he worked with. He showed me the different product lines that AUL Corp offered then I made my selection from there. I went with the service contract that matched my needs which has more than major items on the vehicle covered.

When I filed a claim, I contacted the person from the company who I purchased the warranty from. I told him about what was going on with the vehicle and that I wanted to have it serviced. He told me to take the vehicle to wherever I wanted as far as dealership or repair place and that they would do the paperwork from there. So, I selected a company to do the repairs and gave them the name of the warranty and warranty number. I showed the documentation that I had a warranty plan then they processed the paperwork and did the work on the vehicle. AUL worked with the company that did the repair and it went through fairly smooth. Having the AUL Corp warranty is a good value and I would recommend the company to others.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Bought a used truck with 120,000 miles on it. I thought it would be a wise decision to purchase the 36,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Noticed the truck started using coolant, with no visible external leaks, approximately 3 months after I purchased the truck. To make a long story short, they denied my claim even though the dealer removed the heads and found a 5mm breach in the head gasket. DO NOT BUY ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY AUL HAS TO OFFER! THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR REPAIRS!

AUL Corp response

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your feedback. However, it looks like your review was filed prior to your claim being approved and covered in full by your AUL Policy. While we are pleased your AUL Policy was there when you needed it, Customer Service will be reaching out to you shortly to learn more about your claims experience so we can find areas where we can improve the quality and expediency of the process.

Should you have a few minutes to discuss, please give either myself or Frank Pfister, the Claims General Manager, a call at 800.826.3207.

Jacqueline Swank

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Having an AUL Corp warranty is awesome. It was my first time buying a vehicle so I wanted to make sure that if anything happens to it then the service contract would cover it. Within the first month of getting the vehicle, the motor completely went out on me. The claim process was easy. I was given paperwork in advance which I had on-hand and ready to go and then just turned that in. The dealer’s finance manager who sold me the contract tried to put $300 on top of the original price tag, but he fell through with his warranty and his word. AUL Corp covered it for me and I won't have to pay $100 for a brand-new motor. And it's been running great ever since. Although the contract is black and white as it says what it's covering and what it’s not, I still had a couple of questions. But so far, it’s been a good experience with AUL Corp.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

It pays to have a service contract for my vehicle with all the computers and everything in it. I told the AUL dealer that I wanted an extended warranty and that was what they set me up with. I got the full warranty for 100,000 miles on the car and I have it for about a year now. The service looks expensive and it could be cheaper. But I got to have it and so far, I’m satisfied with AUL Corp. Last month, I used the warranty and AUL paid for the tune up. The dealer processed my claim and it was easy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have a three-year, 36,000 bumper-to-bumper service contract with AUL. It was for a higher mileage van and I wanted to make sure that I'd be covered if anything happened during the first little bit of ownership. When I had to have the transmission work done, they gave me this weird option of either they’d send a transmission ahead with 40,000 miles on it and put that in or I’d have to pay an additional $300 on top of the deductible to be able to get a brand new transmission put in. I chose the latter.

They could have done better in not making me have to pay for a transmission. It was the first time I’ve ever had a service contract where I had to have work done and they told me that they got this working used transmission that they were going to put in my car. Also, the crazy thing was I asked the shop how much it would cost to have them rebuild my actual transmission and they said it would have been $1,400 cheaper than the price for having them put in the used one. But they said that it is not one of the things that AUL does.

Other than that, the people I dealt with were professional and didn't make me want to commit suicide afterward, which for a car dealer or finance manager person is quite the compliment. The dealership handled the claim process and they had to tear the vehicle down to a certain point which took a couple of days. Then they called about it, told me what was going on, and said that AUL authorized the work. During that time period, they had me in a loaner car from the dealership so I wasn't affected too badly.

Considering the fact that I spent $3,000 on the warranty, it’s like I prepaid the cost of the transmission swap and got a discount on it. But if I never had to use the contract, I’d have the frustration of having spent $3,000 on nothing. That’s the way I’m looking at it, so I feel like it was a fair thing and I’m good with that. But then, it’s also nice to have that peace of mind knowing that if something breaks, I could just drive up, have the car towed up and they would fix it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I bought a truck and I got an extended warranty to cover everything just in case anything went wrong with it. The AUL Corp finance manager told me he had a contract and if I wanted an extended warranty, they can put it on so they added it in my truck payment. The AUL Corp extended warranty is a good thing to have. They helped me on my truck a lot and did a fantastic job with it. Everything I’ve asked about my truck that needed to be fixed, they jumped both feet. They did what they said they’ll do and they did what I want done. I’ve had a great experience with the AUL Corp. It was smooth. I’m very pleased and I think highly of them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Everything was covered on the service contract that I got from AUL Corp. The rep told me that the warranty was the best they’ve offered at the time. He was very friendly. The two issues that I have had has been covered. One time, my vehicle had a loud squeaky noise, something was wrong with the fan under the truck which they fixed. The other claim was a sensor that went out on the truck that they replaced. It was handled in a timely manner. One thing I don’t like about it is when I take my vehicle to the shop, they have to call them before they can actually start working on it. Still, I would recommend them. I know when I take my car to the dealership, I will never have any problem. I haven’t ran into any issue that is not covered.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted to make sure I had coverage for my 2011 Dodge Durango since it was an older vehicle so, I got a service contract with AUL Corp. The price was fair but on the other hand, the head gasket that blew wasn't covered. There are limitations on the insurance and what will be covered, but the person that sold me the insurance put it like it was going to cover anything that’s currently wrong with the vehicle and didn’t say too much about having to make sure that it was on their end like the regular maintenance instead of just sitting there on their lot. So I couldn’t prove to them or the insurance company that I could get my head gasket repaired. They won’t pay for it because it’s over how much the vehicle’s worth. I just let the truck sit right now and I haven’t utilized it. Other than that, they’ve been able to help me with the tow services which is an advantage and they also covered the transmission.

AUL Corp expert review by Lauren Fix

AUL Corp. got its start in 1990 and today provides consumers with multiple new and used vehicle service contract options. Choose from a variety of terms that fit best with the number of miles on your vehicle or the number of months you’ve owned it.

• Service contracts: AUL offers a variety of terms for new and used vehicles, up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. Its programs cover things like wear and tear, seals and gaskets, rental and day one coverage. Their deductible are flexible: $0, $50, $100 or a disappearing deductible option.

• Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included on all plans. AUL’s roadside assistance coverage includes towing, flat tire changes, gas delivery service, battery jump service and key lockout service.

• Vehicle maintenance and repairs: Proof of service will be required during the claims process. Keep all maintenance records from the date of original delivery. This includes date, time, mileage and service performed. Call an AUL administrator before you take your covered vehicle to a repair shop. The administrator will authorize everything before work is done on your vehicle.

• Submitting a claim: Submitting a claim is easy with AUL. You can do so online by filling out a quick form. The form includes your service contract number, VIN number, the name on the contract and a description of the work needing to be done.

• Can you cancel a service contract?: In most cases, yes you can. According to AUL your selling dealer will need a copy of your service contract, a brief letter signed by the contract holder requesting cancellation and an Affidavit showing the odometer (mileage) reading on the request date.

• Best for: consumers needing maintenance and service coverage on their new or used vehicle.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AUL Corp Company Information