3.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews

04/25/2018

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

08/03/2018

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

188 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 8, 2019

The whole experience with AUL Corp was good and I got the work done that needed to be done. There was a little bit of a hiccup on the dealership’s part but everything else was great. We called up AUL with the policy number and they said that the policy wasn’t on file. So, the work had to get started later on in the day. We just called back, gave the policy number and it popped up just fine. I filed a claim and AUL worked with the dealer. I had a very long trip right after I got the car, so I figured with 150,000 miles, there had to be something. So, immediately, when I got to the end of my trip, I took it into the dealership to get general maintenance done and to have a look over, and they happened to catch some ball joints and control arms. It has been very smooth. Everything got covered right up to the limit of the coverage and the work was very professional.

There was a part that I needed that wasn’t covered by the policy that I had. It was part of the four-wheel drive system, but it was a sensor inside of a motor. It was a convoluted, silly thing that probably should’ve been covered, but the fault came back to a sensor and not that the whole motor had to be replaced. I got a lot of work done for the policy that I had anyway. The experience was very streamlined and quick.

AUL Corp response

Byron, thanks for your comments! Hopefully you won't need us again, but I'm glad we could help this time!

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I obtained a service contract from AUL Corp and it's an extended warranty for two years and for 24,000 miles. AUL Corp was the only one that was submitted to us from that dealer and I'm satisfied with our contract. The interaction we had with the rep who sold us the service contract was satisfactory. When our vehicle's transmission went bad, we took it to the dealership and then we ended up having to go back. Now, it's making another noise. The repairs took weeks, but the people at AUL Corp got back to me quickly when it came down to handling the situation. They took care of me and handled my situation professionally. I'm satisfied with AUL Corp and the cost of their service was good. I just wish I had a longer warranty, either more miles or more years on it. But other than that, I'm extremely happy that I got the extended warranty. If I didn't have it, I would have been screwed right now. So, I'm very thankful for what they have done.

AUL Corp response

Raymond, thank you for your comments! I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Be sure to check in with your dealership if you would like to renew your contract or give us a call to learn more about your options.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I’ve had many used vehicles and had extended warranties on all of them but I never had to use them. Then I purchased a used vehicle that didn't have a warranty. I purchased a service contract so just in case it broke, we’d be secure. The car dealership recommended AUL Corp so we went with them. AUL has done wonders because my truck broke down numerous times. Within the first nine days that I had the truck, it started giving me trouble. It gave me trouble the entire time I had it up until the last claim that I made, and I got another engine put in. At those multiple times, they paid to get my truck fixed. AUL was the first one I had to use and I was really worried about how it was gonna go and what I was gonna have to do. But the whole process for the claim was smooth as butter. It was simple as making a phone call and saying, “Hey, my truck broke.” And they were like, “We got you.”

The only thing that was a little bit frustrating with the same problem that kept happening, the mechanics that were fixing it were saying it needed a new engine and that the problem was going to keep recurring if they did not replace the engine. But AUL kept trying to take the less expensive route, which was understandable. They were already in the hole on this contract for sure and they probably would have saved themselves 8 grand if they would have just replaced the engine the first time when the mechanic said, “This motor is shot.” I think they should have trusted the mechanic more. Nevertheless, it’s been running great since they put the new engine in it. AUL never gave me a problem about it and they fixed the truck every time. I paid 2,000 for the service contract, and they probably did 15 grand with the work on my truck. It was definitely cost-effective.

AUL Corp response

Eric, thanks for the kind words, and you are correct, "We got you!"

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We went to the dealership to purchase a vehicle and we were looking for something that offered an extended warranty. They said AUL offered the greatest amount of mileage coverage for the price, and my husband thought it was the best for us. The lady who set us up with finances in the dealership was very nice and friendly. She put everything in simple terms, and my husband and I could understand and follow everything. I felt very comfortable.

Our motor recently had some bad system failure, and we had to get a new one. I got the number from the dealership, and they referred me to a customer service rep who explained everything. She needed to speak with my husband first and as soon as it was cleared, we got everything rolling, which was very quick. AUL did great to keep us informed on what we needed to submit and the different things to get the claim moving and to get it all taken care of, so we could get our vehicle repaired. We got a refurbished motor and AUL was awesome. They made everything easy and covered all the costs. It was a huge weight off of my shoulders and AUL did more than adequately. We're extremely satisfied and I'd buy it again.

AUL Corp response

Vicky, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to help with your claim!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When I bought the Acadia, I went to the dealer and in the showroom, they found somebody to do the loan for me. They shopped me around different loan companies. The guy who financed me overwhelmingly recommended AUL Corp and he wouldn’t okay my loan unless I got a warranty on the vehicle. Thus far, I've had to use the warranty two times. The car is in the shop right now. It had an engine problem and AUL took care of it.

Though it took a little longer than I wanted it to, the warranty did what they were supposed to do and stuck to their word. I paid my deductible and they paid the rest. However, I had another problem with the car. Two weeks later, I had to put it back in the shop because the part that they bought for the car was a used part and the car got the same problem again. I'm waiting to hear from the mechanic because the mechanic deals with them. It was good that I was made to get the warranty. If I didn’t get it, I would've had to pay for the engine. AUL is doing a good job and now, I'm gonna see if they do the rest because the same problem came back. The warranty ain’t free and people have to pay for it but they will get their money’s worth.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Derek. I'm glad we were able to help with your repairs; that's what we're here for. I am sorry your initial claim took longer than you expected to complete; I will look into the claim further to find out why and see where we can make adjustments if the delay was caused by AUL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought the drive train coverage for my 2001 Highlander, because of having to replace a transmission in my prior vehicle. I didn't want to face that expense again! When the Highlander began shifting late and metal shavings were found in the fluid, it was time to submit a claim. I simply provided the warranty paperwork to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted AUL and followed their instructions.

The entire process was completed without a hitch. When I picked up my vehicle from the repair shop I paid my deductible and the small portion that was not covered under the warranty and drove off. I called the repair shop to follow up with them about a week later and was told by them that they had received payment from AUL the same day I picked up my vehicle. The mechanic was very impressed with AUL and stated that this was the easiest and most professionally handled extended warranty claim he had ever processed. That seems like high praise coming from a mechanic who deals with all kinds of warranties on a regular basis.

AUL Corp response

Lynn, thank you for your comments! We try hard to provide a smooth claims experience - both for our customers and their repair shops. Happy motoring!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I purchased the most expensive contract that was offered. My engine went bad, I was told it would cost me 5k to diagnose just to let me know if it would be covered. It actually couldn’t have been any worse. Total scam in my opinion.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Nick. Can you provide your contract number or VIN? I would be happy to look into this claim for you. Thanks.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I was about to lose my regular warranty coverage so I got a service contract for my vehicle. I went into my dealer's finance office and the rep gave me a rundown on the AUL, and what should be better and how much I would like to pay for it to pay it off, and she set all that up. I got the bumper to bumper service contract, so if anything should happen, AUL is gonna get it taken care of. They were all very helpful. It’s a great company and they really take care of the customer.

AUL Corp response

Corey, thanks for the kind comments! I'm happy we could be there for you when you needed us; take care!

Original review: July 16, 2019

My car has the best coverage on my vehicle, yet they wouldn't cover what the mechanics said was the problem with my car. I've been paying into AUL for four years now with not one complaint about my car, but now my motor mounts went bad on my car and they wouldn't cover them! I only have 73,500 miles on my vehicle now. The "inspector" said that the mounts weren't the problem, but my motor was moving from side to side. I will never buy AUL again. Had to pay out of pocket even though it should've been covered and I'm paying into it!

AUL Corp response

Good morning Malcolm. I was able to find your account in our system, and I have reviewed this claim. I will PM you with more details.

Original review: July 11, 2019

It took me forever for them to find my account. I finally speak to someone in your office and he promised to fax my info to Jeep dealer and he did nothing. I had to pay for the service to my car. Worst experience ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Antonio. I was able to find you in our system, and the only claim that I see is a roadside assistance claim. If this is the claim you paid out of pocket, then please forward the invoice to us, and we would be happy to reimburse you. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We work with local roadside assistance companies that each have their own protocols; however, they represent AUL, so we take concerns such as yours seriously. I will pass along your comments to them.

AUL Corp Company Information