Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

BOTTOM LINE

AUL Corp offers a basic powertrain plan and a comprehensive plan. Although AUL Corp doesn’t offer a wide variety of plan options, they offer coverage in every state and have multiple deductible options.

PROS

• Several deductible options
  • Covers new and used cars
  • Available in every state

CONS

• Basic plan has limited benefits
  • Plan choices are minimal

Top AUL Corp Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

I've had the warranty with AUL Corp for two and a half years ... When the engine of my car failed, the claim went smoothly. It was all done through the dealership and parts of the engine were replaced.

I have called often for repairs and I have never received any hesitation to repair my vehicle. This is a very good vehicle coverage company. And when it comes time to reimburse for out of pocket cost... I have always received funds in a timely manner.

AUL Corp auto warranty plans

AUL Corp only offers two plans: Powertrain and Estate. The Powertrain plan offers basic coverage, while the Estate plan is more comprehensive. An enhanced electrical coverage option is available on the Estate plan.

Powertrain

• AC
  • Front/rear suspension
  • Cooling

AUL Corp cost

AUL Corp doesn’t provide prices on its website. This is common among companies offering extended auto warranties. The cost of an extended auto warranty will vary based on the make, model, mileage and age of the vehicle.

When submitting a claim, the only thing customers will have to end up paying is the deductible. AUL Corp says that most claims are paid within two hours. The average deductible among extended auto warranty companies is $100. AUL Corp has various deductible options that range from zero dollars to $100. They also have a “disappearing deductible” option. This means that, the longer you go without making a claim, the lower your deductible goes. For more details on this or to get a detailed quote, just call AUL Corp or submit your information for a quote on their website.

AUL Corp coverage

AUL Corp is able to cover both new and used cars. Coverage is available for cars up to 10 years old and with up to 100,000 miles. Many other extended auto warranty companies do not offer coverage for cars that are 10 years old. The 100,000-mile limit, however, is fairly low. Repairs can be made at ASE-certified repair shops, and claims can be submitted online 24/7.

Roadside assistance options from AUL Corp include fuel delivery, lockout assistance, towing, jump starts and tire changes. AUL Corp is eager to demonstrate how prompt their customer service is. They claim there is no wait time on 65 percent of calls and that the average hold time is just two seconds.

Do we recommend AUL Corp?

We recommend AUL Corp to those looking for prompt customer service who aren’t too picky about having a wide array of plans to choose from. The option to choose the deductible size is a convenient way to help customers pick a plan that fits their budget. Plus, vanishing deductibles reward those who don’t use their extended auto warranty often to make claims. AUL Corp is available in every state and covers a wide variety of vehicles, so it’s worth contacting them for a quote.

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: July 14, 2020

AUL has been fine but it hasn't been with the service providers. They finally took care of what they should have in the first place. Two days after I purchased my 2016 Ford Escape with 95-some thousand miles on it, some engine light came on, “Service Now.” I was out of state so I called Honda and they told me to use my extended warranty out of state. I had to line up the service for it. That service department did not fix the problem even though I had to pay it to get my car back. I came back to Missouri where I live, called Honda, and told them what happened. They got my car back in and fixed the problem.

I have another problem with it. If it rains and I have the air conditioner on, the passenger side floorboard floods with water. So, I took it to get fixed on my own. I went to a different shop than Honda. The guy said he cleaned out what he could and would not charge me. Hopefully, I won't have the problem again. I haven't been in the rain and the air conditioner going since then.

Get buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My experience with AUL Corp was phenomenal. The dealership in Lafayette, Louisiana where I purchased my truck from offered me the extended warranty and I read through it and I really liked the offer. I bought the best extended warranty that they had and I only had to pay 35% upfront. AUL Corp has been very honest and generous. They were very helpful and easy to work with. I'm thinking seriously about extending my warranty which should be up in six or eight months.

I had a transmission issue back in 2019. Then the second issue I had were the drivetrain issue very recently. For the first one, AUL didn’t send any adjusters. For the second time, they sent an adjuster to the shop and he was very thorough and he went through everything. Later on, they called the shop and told them to proceed with the repairs. Then when I was about to pay my deductible, I ran into this taxes thing which was worth more than my co-pay. My last warranty coverage didn’t pay taxes for some reason and AUL had me pay the bill taxes, which I really didn’t understand and I didn’t see it anywhere in the contract. But I had been happy with their service so I felt that I could just let go on something for them.

I've had some coworkers and friends that had extended warranty with some other companies and their experiences with them have been terrifying. They’ve been scammed. With AUL, even when my truck broke down, they came through and kept their promises. That’s why I'm not gonna stop doing business with them. If I have any other vehicles besides my truck, I will surely go with them if it has no warranty from the dealership or the manufacturer.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I bought the car from the Handy Toyota here in St. Albans from approximately two months ago. I noticed that when I put the car in drive, the drive light starts blinking and when I called the people that I purchased the car from, which the warranty will be up by June 6th, I explained to them. They brought it in, looked at it and they said that it seemed that I was having some sort of blinking light because of the transmission. I told them I was covered, that I had the warranty insurance and sure enough, they called AUL up. First, AUL denied the claim because they didn’t feel that it was under the warranty.

I asked what they meant and they said they only took care of internal things. I said that it was an internal thing and that I spoke to a gentleman at the facility who said that it was a gray area. It was taken care of anyway, so I was really happy for that. I had other problems too. I just bought the car, but the struts were going as well. Now, that’s probably not under the warranty because it’s an external problem, but my primary concern was the transmission. I took care of the struts out of my own pocket and all in all, I’m fairly happy of the warranty taking care of the problem.

Whatever guidelines AUL goes by though, they should let people know exactly what they won’t cover. In this way, a person like me won’t be surprised. Because the way it was worded to me when I was told about the warranty, I thought I was covered for any mechanical problems such as drivetrain, transmission, or engine. Any dealership that they would do business with, they should know exactly what they’re saying to the people before they purchase the warranty. Still, I would share that information and recommend them that.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

AUL Corp covers my whole truck from front to back. And every time I've called them, they always took care of me. They’re the best extended coverage there is because they don’t hassle you about getting anything fixed. You call them, you say you got a problem with your vehicle, and even if they have to send an adjuster to take it out, they cover it. It doesn’t matter what it is.

I tried AUL once back in around 2015. I had the Altima and heard about them. I’ve heard of a few others and heard people have complaints. I read up on AUL and looked up who’s who. Most of the time, people are gonna tell the truth on the internet when it comes to certain things. If it’s good, they’ll say it’s good and they give it a good rating, and if it’s not, then they’ll say that it's a scam. Everybody said that AUL was pretty decent and I tried them.

After my first claim, I knew I was instantly hooked. When I called them and told them I had something going on with my engine, they sent an adjuster out. They figured the issue out with the shop and it was the timing chains and the guides in the car. That was almost a $1,500 job, but they didn’t have a problem covering it. They took care of me at that certain time and I really appreciate it because that was the only car I had at the time. You pay a little price for AUL, but in the long run, it’s worth it. I had more things happen than what money I put in and they still didn’t have a problem. You can’t beat a warranty like that. My warranty would be ending at the end of this year and I’m going to purchase them again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've used AUL in the past, and it was for a newer vehicle. But I canceled them out of disappointment considering that I paid for the bit of service that I could possibly get. When my ABS system quit working and it was four grand, I was informed that AUL covers everything except for the bolts that hold in the parts that are covered. And so if they broke it, then I would have to pay for it. But my AUL wouldn't cover it. So when I found that out, I discontinued the service. But when I bought a car off the dealership, I got AUL again and I was satisfied with the service contract this time around. I was able to get a hold of someone when I had questions or concerns that would answer right away. When I had a claim, the process seemed pretty quick to me. My car fixed by Samson Auto and it was a good experience. I would do business with them again. I'm pretty satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I have used my extended warranty a few times AUL is a pleasure to deal with. The only issue I have is they won't cover my screen replacement for my GPS because the radio is built in. Seems silly to me since GPS doesn't work at all.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

They haven't paid/covered a few "wear" items that I felt should have been covered. But they typically cover at least half of my costs. In total, within the last 6 months I've saved about $1000 with my coverage. For example, my first incident using their service was for my transition which they replaced entirely for the cost of my deductible. 6 months later I had some serious leaking issues and they replaced my radiator but not the intake manifold which was also leaking.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

The only complaints I had were not knowing the amount the planned covered and one claims representative who kept giving the shop my truck was at the run around and attitude, saying "I have to to my truck 1200 miles to California to have the shop that worked on it fix what was wrong" and lying to the shop about sending an inspector out which would of saved me 1000 dollars and three weeks of not having my truck. Just make sure you read your contract.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

They replaced transmission under the warranty but with a used transmission and as soon as I picked the car up on a Friday it was shifting hard again. I called the repair shop back because the transmission specialist wouldn't be back til that following Tuesday. When I brought it back that morning it was really bad. AUL and the vendor AUL bought the used transmission from kept arguing about responsibility for the repair. That vendor's insurance company kept requesting the repair shop to just keep flashing the computer until it started shifting better which took nearly 50 days.

When I was told to come get the car, it is still shifting hard. Then I was called and said that I was responsible for the rental in which I was told by the repair shop and an AUL rep that it would be covered until the car was fixed properly. I feel AUL did a horrible job at getting the car fixed properly and following through on making sure it was repaired in a timely manner. Everyone was passing the buck and no one seemed to be concerned about resolving the issue for me. It was 90 day from the initial request to get my car back. And it still isn't fix. I am looking into my legal recourse to get it fixed properly.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

AUL honored two claims that I submitted for my vehicle. My one word of advice as a customer of AUL is to not give up if you have some initial difficulty getting through to AUL on the phone. I had better success when I provided AUL with complete documentation in writing through the mail to their corporate address.

AUL Corp Company Information