Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.60/5

ForeverCar

ForeverCar.com is the largest comparison shopping marketplace providing choice, convenience and complete transparency for consumers. With an A+ rating by The Better Business Bureau and the financial backing of AM Best A (excellent) insurance carriers, ForeverCar's end-to-end experience is unmatched. ForeverCar is the premium brand for savvy shoppers looking for a better shopping and buying experience. ForeverCar's Protectionators are ready to guide you to the ideal plan and make sure your claims experience is hassle-free.

BOTTOM LINE

ForeverCar is a good choice for car owners who want control over the details of their plan. Although the plan details are not available online, this is made up by the fact that ForeverCar plans are highly customizable.

PROS

• Choose-your-deductible plans
  • Multiple waiting period options
  • Shares competitor quotes

CONS

• Plans not transparent
  • Limited benefits

Top ForeverCar Reviews

02/23/2018

My car is getting older and things are definitely going to get expensive as time goes by. The ForeverCar rep that I talked to was really helpful. Making payments is easy as well.

01/11/2019

ForeverCar helped me so much when my car broke down ... I recommend this warranty to anyone who has an older vehicle! Without the coverage you can be paying an arm and a leg for repairing your car. ForeverCar is amazing!

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

How much does ForeverCar cost?

The cost of an extended auto warranty from ForeverCar depends on the make, model, year and mileage of the vehicle. Maximum payouts at ForeverCar vary, but they are generally capped somewhere between $12,000 and $15,000. Customers are able to choose from a variety of deductible options. Deductibles may be $100, $250, $500 or zero. You can obtain a quote either by submitting information about your vehicle online on ForeverCar’s website or by calling and speaking to ForeverCar customer service. A unique feature of ForeverCar is that they also show potential customers quotes from competitors. There is no down payment required for a ForeverCar warranty.

If users are unsatisfied with their extended auto warranty or simply decide that they don’t want it anymore, they can qualify for a 30-day money back guarantee. This is only valid if no claims have been made on the plan. This is a common feature of extended auto warranties.

ForeverCar warranty plans

ForeverCar uses algorithms along with market and consumer data to help choose the ideal plan for you. There isn't much info about specific plans on their website. However, they mention you are able to customize your plan.

ForeverCar has three plans: Regular, Premium and Supreme. Coverage for each of these plans will vary based on your chosen plan, but the table below provides a rough guide of what you can expect.

RegularPremiumSupreme
Type of warrantyPowertrain or limited Inclusionary or stated componentExclusionary or bumper-to-bumper
Coverage levelUp to 60%60–90%90%+
Likely covered componentsDrive axle, engine, transmissionRegular plus brakes, AC, engine cooling, engine fuel, emission, steering, electrical, suspensionRegular and premium coverage, plus increased benefits and reimbursements

ForeverCar coverage

Vehicles must be less than nine years old and have less than 90,000 miles to qualify for a ForeverCar extended auto warranty. The vast majority of extended auto warranty companies provide a waiting period of 30 days and 1,000 miles before coverage from the extended auto warranty kicks in. ForeverCar offers this option along with an additional option of a waiting period of 90 days and only 200 miles. You’re able to choose which waiting period you want.

All repairs made must be in-network if you want ForeverCar to pay for the claim. Many plans, but not all, feature rental reimbursement and roadside assistance. Although warranty coverage varies in time and miles, most ForeverCar warranties last for five years and 100,000 miles. Some warranties cover up to 125,000 or 150,000 miles.

Is ForeverCar worth it?

ForeverCar is well worth it, especially to drivers who are looking for a highly customizable plan. Customizable options include deductible amounts, waiting period options and benefits. Because their website lacks specific information about their plans, it’s best to either submit your information for a quote online or call to speak to ForeverCar customer service.

339 ForeverCar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

ForeverCar helped me so much when my car broke down, although the waiting period was long it was well worth the wait, I recommend this warranty to anyone who has an older vehicle! Without the coverage you can be paying an arm and a leg for repairing your car. ForeverCar is amazing!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Income tax time was coming around and I was going to have some extra money. I got an auto warranty while I got the money to do it. The lady I spoke with at ForeverCar was nice and explained things to me. It was easy to set up the payment, and it comes out of my bank account every month. The only thing that bothered me was I didn't receive a hardcopy of the warranty but I will call and ask them to send me another hardcopy as in my old plan. Other than that, I was very satisfied and my experience was great.

Get expert buying tips about Extended Auto Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My car is getting older and things are definitely going to get expensive as time goes by. Since I wanted to make sure I was covered in the future, I got an auto warranty. The ForeverCar rep that I talked to was really helpful. She gave me a couple of options. I asked her what she thought was the best option, and she helped me out with my needs. Making payments is easy as well. We did an automatic withdrawal from my bank on the phone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I wanted protection for my vehicle, and I got an auto warranty from ForeverCar. Their customer service team was great and they responded to the question I had. Also, the payments were taken out of my bank account and I like the way it's done.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I got my auto warranty through ForeverCar. I have 135,000 miles and they gave me another 100,000 miles for $58 dollars a month. Because I’m a Lyft driver, the price of the auto warranty was pretty cheap. They're associated with Lyft. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have gotten that price. Other extended warranties are usually well over $100. I had a good experience with their specialist when I was purchasing the warranty and they gave me the phone number to call. I just got the auto warranty two weeks ago and to file a claim, I have to wait 30 days. The chances of having a problem probably are nil but I don’t have a lot of savings right now so it’s worth it to go and have it. I would recommend them to another Lyft driver.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ForeverCar?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I make sure we are having a good investment when purchasing our car. We had used cars so I wanted full protection in case something is mechanically wrong later down the line. We looked at the pricing and reviews and went with ForeverCar. Paying for it was very easy. We just set it up on an automatically recurring system and they let me know that around the 25th of each month, I’d be charged for the premium. I can cancel at any time without any kind of fee, and my payment would be prorated.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had the car and it was out of warranty, so I wanted some additional protection. ForeverCar was the only one that reached out to me and the rep I spoke with was able to answer all of my questions. Buying the protection plan was easy, too. I would tell my friends that ForeverCar has good coverage options but if they're going to buy from this company, they have to make sure they are clear about what exactly is included in the policy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My warranty was about to expire. ForeverCar was recommended by the car dealer who I purchased my car from. The rep from ForeverCar was wonderful. She was easy to talk to. She explained everything and gave me different options. We went through it together so it made me comfortable. It was also easy to make payments. ForeverCar has been thorough in everything. I already recommended ForeverCar to someone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I did some research and ForeverCar had a decent name plus there are some people locally that had mentioned it. So I went online and the reviews were pretty good. The specialist I worked with was great and very informative. He explained the different plans and got me set up right away. It was a very good experience. Making the payments was very easy. I appreciate everything ForeverCar is doing. They're very helpful and they provide very great service or information.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I got an email from lendingtree.com regarding ForeverCar. I wouldn't have given it a second look if it was ForeverCar by itself but I'm familiar with LendingTree and I know it's a legit company. It gave ForeverCar some credibility and I was interested in doing an extended warranty anyway so I got online, looked up some of the reviews, and everything looked good. Signing up was simple so I was happy with that. I called and they signed me up for a contract and I'm just waiting for it to kick in. They were very knowledgeable with the questions that I had. Also, they knew how it all worked and that was all I needed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I'm a Lyft driver and they recommended ForeverCar because it is one of their partners. ForeverCar had things where we could have a discount with Lyft. I called and talked to the lady and said I wanted to be covered. It is $25 a month or less than what the average maintenance is on the car. It's not a bad deal and I plan on keeping this warranty for a long time. The rep was very polite and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and did a good job. ForeverCar is great and was worth looking into to put on my budget.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have 65,000 miles on my car and this warranty I have right now expires at 70. I wanted to get another warranty, so I looked online at several different places. I have a different company on my other vehicle and I called them first, and they were a bit higher on this vehicle due to the higher mileage. So, I did some more research and then I came across ForeverCar. I called them up and I told the lady what I was looking for and what I wanted. She went down the list and found me an auto warranty that she recommended.

The folks at ForeverCar are friendly and the warranty is easy to use, but you should have due diligence and definitely do some follow-up before you go and purchase it. I probably should have done that, but they're in the Better Business Bureau and they're A+ rate. However, the Better Business Bureau is not a really good statistic view on different things, and one of the people at Undercarrier, the actual insurance company that I called, told me that ForeverCar doesn't have very good reviews at all. These other folks told me that I better check out ForeverCar and cancel it while I can. Some of the comments I saw online had people saying that they went to the mechanic who said right away, "I'm not paying that". I'm thinking if I should keep ForeverCar or drop it and just do without it, but I've been really busy and haven't had the chance to get in there to take care of that.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I wanted to have coverage for the vehicle and I looked into quite a few companies, and ForeverCar seemed to have the best coverage. The rep was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. It was an easy process and a positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

ForeverCar had the best price and coverage that I could find for my high mileage. Their salesperson seemed to know what he was talking about. He explained everything to me and answered pretty much everything I could ask. He seemed to care as well. So far, I've made my first payment and have already referred someone to ForeverCar.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My warranty was over on my personal vehicle then I got the offer through Lyft and I decided to go with ForeverCar. Before that, I was going to go through one of my dealership offers, but I had to put $500 down for that. With ForeverCar, I didn't have to put a downpayment. The rep gave me a couple of options that they offer, the number of miles I could get, and the prices. And I liked the price with the discount that he offered me. I've had the warranty for less than a month now, and it has been pretty easy with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had auto warranty with my previous vehicles, but I just kept getting to look for it with my current vehicle. The ForeverCar rep that I dealt with was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful with my technical questions. I had payment set up on auto debit, and so far so good.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

It's good to have an auto warranty and I always had one, and I like that I can do low monthly payments with ForeverCar. I just signed up with them and their rep was friendly and knowledgeable. It was an awesome experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I’ve only had one conversation with ForeverCar, which was when we bought the warranty a few months ago. My experience has been fine so far.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I got the coverage from ForeverCar not too long ago and it was a good experience. The sales rep made sure that I had everything that I wanted and when I called to change my address, I didn't have a problem.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I’m new with ForeverCar and I found it assuring that it’s affiliated with my insurance carrier. The vehicle protection specialist did an excellent job too. I consummated the contract two weeks ago and I’m now waiting on my 30-day honeymoon period.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I bought a brand new car and ForeverCar looked like it was a good deal. The rep I dealt with was awesome too.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I have a ForeverCar warranty to my older model BMW. The deals they had at that time were pretty decent, so I decided to get it. Their vehicle protection specialists answered my questions properly and I am satisfied. My daughter bought her car and I have referred ForeverCar to her.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I bought a brand-new ‘16, but it was an auction car. And because it was bought in auction, warranties are void. I wanted to have protection and ForeverCar is really the most comprehensive. Their reps were also friendly and answered most of my questions. The protection specialist was also wonderful, went above and beyond answering the questions that I had and made sure that their services also worked in the areas where I live. I felt like I got the best protection from them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I looked into acquiring an auto warranty for security reasons and did it through the bank. Days after I purchased one from ForeverCar, the suspension on my car broke but there was a 30-day waiting period before it becomes active and I can file a claim and that was disappointing. However, I will look into it because it happened after I purchased the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I've had my first ForeverCar plan for a few months but the vehicle I had it with got totalled in an accident. I bought a new vehicle and had the plan transferred over to it. But since I didn't file a claim, they said they don't know if I could cancel everything until they process all of it, but there's a possibility that I could be receiving a refund. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I bought a vehicle and the engine went wrong. It was covered under powertrain but I was told nothing else was covered. I’m a counselor and I can’t be stranded so I gotta have something reliable. I went online and ForeverCar seemed to be the cheapest. Their reps are great and so far, my experience with ForeverCar is good. Their coverage is worth it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I keep my vehicles for a very long time which is longer than what the manufacturer’s warranties cover so I needed an auto warranty insurance. When I did the research, ForeverCar seemed to be about the best as far as what I was looking for which was in the range of 150,000 to 200,000 miles. They went up to 150,000.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I bought a car and had to put a $10,000-repair on it before six miles away from outside the dealership. I have to pay that out-of-pocket. ForeverCar's promises seemed to be good. I got their bookable lead salesperson. She was really the selling point. On the phone, she explained all the benefits and emailed them to me. Also, I didn't have my credit card on me. I left it in my wallet at my mobile office. The credit card took a couple of days to get to me, but the saleslady followed-up.

They're a bit more expensive than the competitors, but the way the saleslady laid it out to me was pretty easy. It was all done verbally and we're in contract, plain and simple. I didn't have to sign anything. Also, ForeverCar can't really go back and say, "We don't cover transmission.” I can just tell them to go back to that phone call. They're going to cover the car unlimited until they prove otherwise. I bought the best possible package, the most comprehensive. I wanted everything covered and now it is.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

My husband and I just got a new vehicle and I searched the top warranties for our particular brand of car. ForeverCar came up and they had a good rating. When I talked to the woman on the phone, she was really helpful and it's the best deal for my husband. However, I asked for warranty information but she said they were completely paperless. Something's supposed to be in my email by now but there's nothing yet.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

ForeverCar was one of the first people that contacted me after I started looking around. I really liked the gal I dealt with. It was just a good experience. And I've already recommended them to a friend.

ForeverCar Company Information