Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My car's old and I never had a manual one so I got an extended warranty for my own protection. The guy I talked to at ForeverCar during my signup did a phenomenal job. He was the reason I purchased from them. He personalized his explanation of the benefits. It didn’t sound like he was checking off a list. He explained what parts of it would be a benefit, and he knew my vehicle even better than I did. He was able to find information on that that I didn’t know and helped me through that whole process. He showed the value very well. Also, I felt I was guaranteed the best option by going through multiple people. Making payments have been very simple since it was set up automatically. I knew how much the warranty was upfront and fit it into my budget so it worked out great.

The car warranty I had is going to expire at the end of December. I shopped around for a better deal and I chose ForeverCar. The protection specialist was very helpful. My extended warranty is very affordable and making payments was very easy.

My warranty had run out on my car that I had through the dealer so I looked online and went with the best warranty. ForeverCar was the best one based on everything that they offered. If something happened to my car and I needed a rental, they have it and that's something I liked. The rep was knowledgeable and he told me everything that was offered. He let me know everything and helped me get my rate down and that's what made me decide to go with ForeverCar. Plus he explained to me the five-year warranty and the way he described it to me sold me on it. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend them.

I bought a used car and wanted to have an extended warranty. I saw ForeverCar online and spoke with someone there, and finally decided to go ahead and get a warranty from them. When I did this, I gave them all my information and they took my credit card number. But that was the end of it. There were no follow-ups, emails, phone calls, messages... nothing. So, I wasn't very happy. I disputed the charges, but I still haven't heard from them.

I wanna make sure I was covered with the truck I got and ForeverCar had the best price. But the price the salesperson quoted me was wrong because when they got the VIN number after the quote, my car was a Lariat edition which had a different price. He pulled a surprise on me when I found out the money they took out of my account wasn't what he quoted me. So I had paid for it then they said that they'd cancel the policy and then wait for a week. I told them I can't do anything until I get the money back so a couple of days later, I got the money back. Then I told them to give me a call but the person didn't call me. They should have compensated for it. Instead, now I have to wait another 30 days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ForeverCar?

I've ended up having to switch cars multiple times because the engine blew up on two of them and the transmission went out on the third one. I got the warranty on this car now so I don't have to worry about all of that. I got the full coverage insurance and I'm covering every single thing I possibly can. ForeverCar was the one that was able to give me a quote without me having to wait for an email or a call. And the lady I worked with was absolutely fabulous. She managed to save me $600 on the premium which dropped my payment down to a very much affordable rate. She gave me all the possible discounts that she could and recommended the best plans for me for everything that I needed covered. And not a whole bunch of bells and whistles that I don't necessarily need. She also gave me her direct extension and said that if I have any questions I could call her. She was amazing and should be recognized for it.

We knew someone who had an experience with ForeverCar. They liked it and recommended the company to us. The representative explained to us how the payments were made, and I would recommend them too.

The warranty that I had expired. I did a lot of Google research and ForeverCar is all over the place. The sales rep was helpful and explained everything. It's only been a month since purchasing the warranty and the only issue that I have so far is when I try to open my credit card information in their website, for some reason, it won't let me. I’ve told this to the rep who called me because my payment was due and the problem hasn't been fixed.

I felt that I needed an auto warranty because I love my car, and I'm planning on keeping it for a while. I researched online and ForeverCar is more reasonable in price and the best service. The rep was good, very nice, polite, explained everything to me, and answered all my questions. Some of their people had called after she called and they were nice as well. Everything was smooth and good.

I bought a car that has a little high mileage and I wanted peace of mind. Then I saw the stars and ratings that ForeverCar had online so I chose the company. Their reps explained all the coverage and when I asked a couple of questions, they answered them. So, it was pretty pleasant. Overall, it was a very informative experience with ForeverCar.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

A friend of mine had auto warranty and suggested I get one, so I did. The saleswoman from ForeverCar was a little pushy so we looked at other plans, but then she kept dropping the price and eventually, it became a good deal. She beat the other company by 10 bucks. However, the monthly payments are expensive. They were supposed to send me a bunch of writing as to what we've covered but I still haven't received it. We tried to contact them but I haven't heard back.

ForeverCar looked like it had more to offer so I went with them. I haven't received my paperwork yet. Their rep gave me an overall view but not a detailed one on how to do this or that. Sometimes on the phone, they say they cover this and that, then later on down the road if something happens and I call in to make a claim, they'll say that's not covered because of A, B, C and D but they won't explain it. That's why I wanted my paperwork. They said a couple of weeks but I never received it and they haven't called to follow up. They should be more thorough and make sure to provide a copy of the warranty with the warranty card, which they haven't done either. But overall, I'm happy with their rep's service.

The car is fine and I have absolutely no problems with it but I like to keep a warranty. The warranty I had was not in place anymore because of the age of the car. It's a 2007 vehicle. The protection specialist of ForeverCar provided the information for the warranty and I've got the payments set up on autopay.

My husband works away from home up during the week and he wanted to make sure that if anything happens, I can handle the problem without having to call him. So we got an auto warranty from ForeverCar and their rep was super friendly, very easy to talk with, and answered all my questions. After I talked to hubby, he gave me some more questions, and I called ForeverCar back, and they had no problems answering my new questions. Moreover, they're very informative and not very pushy. I'm very happy with everything. I'd recommend ForeverCar to everybody.

Because of the type of vehicle I have, I decided to buy a warranty. The cost for the coverage was affordable with ForeverCar. I had a good interaction with their sales rep but I need to have someone call me back because I want to verify the VIN I gave them. I'm thinking it's one digit off. I've called several times and it seems like they're hard to get a hold of and I don't like that. There's never anyone to talk to and I always have to leave a message. By the time they call me back, I'm back to work or off on my lunch break.

I just want to be saving my car so I got an auto warranty. ForeverCar was the first provider when I got online, and the guy that called me was really convincing. I had some questions and in the meanwhile, he always answered my mails. Moreover, making payments was easy. I'm happy until now.

My factory warranty went out after I had 50,000 so I needed something to replace it. I was with Endurance but then kept doing research and ForeverCar offered a better deal. Their rep was helpful and went over everything. He was also pretty professional.

I had a good experience dealing with ForeverCar's protection specialist when I purchased my auto warranty. Moreover, making payments was pretty easy, it's once a month, and that's very good. I would definitely recommend ForeverCar to a friend.

My car was getting miles on it and I figured getting a warranty on it would be a smart move. ForeverCar had reasonable rates and they let me have a monthly payment instead of having it all at once which is really convenient. It's easy to make payments as they set up an auto deduction. I really like the upfront approach they took as well. When I purchased it, the ForeverCar rep was very professional, thorough and wasn't in a hurry. He explained everything more than once. As of now, everything's good though I haven't used the plan yet but if I had to use it, and the end-service is like getting the service, I'll be extremely satisfied.

Insufficient response received

ForeverCar

We have contacted Mr. Desroches and resolved matter on 9/30/216 at 10:15am cst. Mr. Desroches has agreed to change his rating.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

My original warranty’s expired and I was looking for one. I went with ForeverCar, and one thing I was not satisfied with was that they didn’t tell me that it was going to be an automatic deduction. I gave them the card and I had to do the first payment. When I called their customer service to find out how to pay, they told me they already automatically deducted. I’ve never had any business do that to me, and I was really dissatisfied with that.

After I finished, that’s when I got all the surprises where I had to print it out from my computer. I have no printer, so I had to pay to get those prints. My experience with my previous extended warranty was that after I purchased it online, they sent me a hard copy. Right now I’m going over this warranty, and if there is something I need to claim, I don’t even know the number. The only thing these people at ForeverCar want to do is sell the warranty. After that, I have to point it out. That’s another part of it I didn’t like. When I buy something, they need to send me something like a hard copy and tell me this is the plan or this is how I pay for it. They have to be upfront with customers and they shouldn’t surprise people. Overall I would not recommend anybody to them.

My husband’s car is getting up in mileage and he hadn’t had a warranty on it ‘cause he bought it used, so he needed a warranty. The cost and convenience and then the package offered by ForeverCar were attractive so we chose them. Getting a free quote was very easy and quick. The site kept choking on me so it ended up being better to talk to a person on the phone. I tried it because it should’ve been going faster, but it didn’t do what it needed to do at the time. But the sales rep was very descriptive and did a good job. She ran through our options and as I told her what our needs were, she continued to look for other options that weren’t necessarily showing up. We look forward to not having to pay an enormous amount of money if the car breaks.

I bought a newer used truck so I acquired an auto warranty from ForeverCar but I just sold that so I will cancel the warranty. In any case, purchasing the warranty went well and it was not difficult to make payments.

I bought a used car that had a short warranty on it so I bought an auto warranty from ForeverCar. It was good dealing with their rep. He was very polite and he explained everything to me. It was easy making payments. I just put it on one of my cards.

The warranty on my daughter's car ran out. I signed up and paid upfront an extended warranty from ForeverCar three weeks ago. I did it over the phone. The specialist I talked to was helpful, friendly, and professional. If the car breaks down, I have something to pay for it because of my warranty.

I purchased a new car and was looking for a new warranty. I googled “extended car warranties“ and ForeverCar was my first choice. I called and asked for the price. It was a little bit too high for me but the plan that the rep gave was good and I went through it.

I bought a new car and ForeverCar gave me the best quote for auto warranty. I’ve only made one payment and I can’t use it yet ‘til a month of the time that I purchased it which I don't like about it. I'm looking forward to getting my truck fixed and seeing how it’s broke.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 20, 2016

Orlando responded to my review and assured me that this is not the way the company treats callers. I felt he was honest and his apology was heartfelt.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I just purchased a new vehicle with a warranty. I was considering purchasing an extended warranty from the dealer and received price quotes for the terms I selected. Since I am an educated consumer, I decided to go online and receive additional quotes. The "gentleman" who called me treated me like I was an idiot. He asked me if I actually read my warranty information, (not wanting to insult my intelligence) did I understand what I was reading, can I send him a copy so he can look it over. He kept saying he did not believe my warranty coverage and price quote and would look over my contract for me. He treated me like I was an idiot. Then he had the nerve to ask me what I did for a living, why because housewives are too dumb to buy a car warranty. I guess this is the way he treats female potential customers.

The factory warranty on my car was expiring so I looked into getting an auto warranty. I have an expensive car and I knew that if I had one breakdown, it would cost me a significant amount of money. So, it's just an insurance plan. I got one from ForeverCar and it had a lot to do with the price. I did it on the phone which was very easy to do. The rep did a really good job and answered all my questions because I keep calling him back several times. I've been their customer for a little over a month now.

I needed more coverage for my vehicle then and I heard good things about ForeverCar so I got them. My purchasing experience was great and making payments was easy. They were great but I had cancelled it because I already had extended coverage on my vehicle.

I was having a little bit of transmission trouble with my car. It was going downhill and the payments to get it fixed was a little up there. I was looking for an auto warranty and the fact that ForeverCar was backed by Better Business Bureau was the icing on the cake for it. The agent was great. He got me a bunch of discounts that I couldn't find online and explained and helped me understand everything that I was getting. The coverage is decently priced. It was all around a good experience.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

ForeverCar is an online platform that allows consumers to shop for extended warranty coverage with an instant detailed quote. Consumers can choose from regular, premium or supreme plans, depending on their coverage needs and budget.

• Quote breakdown: Your instant quote from ForeverCar includes a breakdown of exactly what you will be paying for. This transparent pricing system lets consumers see how much each component of their service plan costs so they can adjust as needed.
  • Add-on items: Add-on additional items such as tire and wheel road hazard protection, paintless dent repair coverage, windshield protection and key/remote replacement to your coverage plan.
  • Dedicated “Protectioners”: Each customer has a dedicated “protectioner,” which is a personalized repair specialist. This means you have a point of contact who knows you personally and can help you through the claims and repair process anytime you need it.
  • Full transparency: ForeverCar believes in transparency with their customers, which is why their quotes will always deliver accurate, detailed information. They will also leave you alone if you opt to not receive phone calls or emails from them.
  • Best for ForeverCar’s extended warranties are best for families, used car owners and new car owners.

Question and Answers - ForeverCar

What problem is ForeverCar trying to solve?

To be a trusted partner that brings 100% price and coverage transparency for Vehicle Service Contracts, aka Extended Auto Warranties.

What sets ForeverCar apart from the competition?

First, we have the most product offerings out of any of our competitors. That’s because we partner with four separate companies, each highly rated and financially secure. Secondly, the consumer has the ability to get a quote, see a detailed list of exactly what’s covered or what's not and can purchase everything online. Lastly, our focus on customer service makes sure you don’t have to deal with multiple companies to help you manage your payment plans and get your claims paid.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Customers prefer a selection of options to choose from to match their coverage needs and budget. So we’ve assembled four top rated companies who conform with our standards of price and product transparency. Customers also prefer to gather information at their own pace and to shop for extended warranties at their leisure, just like they do for most products and services. That’s why our online platform gives the customer all the information they need in order to make a smart buying decision. And if they wish, they can buy online without speaking with a sales associate.

How does ForeverCar measure success?

Simple - happy customers. We strive to deliver a superior customer experience throughout the process, from shopping and buying to claims filing and payment. If anything goes wrong, you contact us and we’ll do our best to take care of the problem.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and your company?

There have been a number of “bad” players in our industry over the years who continue to rely on heavy-handed marketing and selling practices. This sometimes leaves the customer with a vague understanding of what they purchased and the value of an extended warranty. What’s worse, customers often expect the plan they purchase covers more than what is in their contract, leading to disappointment and confusing claims experience. ForeverCar.com is out to change all that confusion and outdated way of selling extended warranties.

Has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

As consumers become more accustomed to shopping and buying virtually any product and service online, the industry is beginning to (slowly) adapt to online platforms. This pace will quicken as a new breed of online-centric companies emerge and expand.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ForeverCar?

We are so certain that we have a superior product and shopping experience that we guarantee you won’t find a better product. If you’re able to find a better price for same coverage, we’ll match that price plus give you $250 off your purchase.

Has ForeverCar received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We are a two-time (2014 and 2015) finalist for the annual Chicago Innovation Awards, which recognizes companies that are delivering innovative solutions to old and new industries.

How has ForeverCar grown or evolved?

We started by offering a single coverage option from a single partner. We realized customers wanted more options to consider as they shop for the ideal coverage at the best price. So we added 3 additional partners to expand the number and types of plans we offer. Today, we help customers discover the best assortment of options to meet their unique needs at a price they can afford.

ForeverCar Company Profile