Find the Best Personal Loans in Pittsburgh, PA
Top 14 Pittsburgh Personal Loan Companies
Read 1,490 Reviews
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Loan term lengths range between three to five years. Requires a credit score of at least 640. APRs start as low as 5.99%. Minimum debt consolidation is $5,000.
Read 999 Reviews
Offers fast funding and flexible loan terms. Borrowers can get approved for loans up to $10,000. Approved applications can be funded as soon as the next business day. Offers lines of credit from $500 to $4,500. APRs vary by state.
Read 285 Reviews
Peer-to-peer lending company that offers personal loans, auto refinancing and small business loans. Compare multiple offers. Personal loans up to $50,000. Small business loans up to $500,000. Auto refinancing up to $55,000.
Read 525 Reviews
Offers personal loans from $600 to $20,000. Provides small business loans. Requires a credit score of 760 for best rates. Includes seven-day “no worry guarantee” to return any amount. No prepayment penalty.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (844) 725-7868|
Next Day Personal Loan
|Read 70 Reviews|
Offers personal loans from $100 to $40,000. Service is free and doesn’t affect credit score. Application forms take two minutes or less to fill out. Funds as soon as the next business day. Offers nationwide lenders.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (833) 985-2116|
|OneMain Financial||Read 3,105 Reviews|
Offers auto loans and personal loans for debt consolidation and home improvements. Loan amounts range from $1,500 to $20,000. Loan terms range from two to five years. Services offered in 1,500 locations.
Read 590 Reviews
Key Bank is one of America's larges banks, and it is the only bank still headquartered in Cleveland. Nearly 200 years old, they provide personal banking, investment management, retail banking, commercial banking services and more.
Personal Loan Pro
Offers personal loans from $1,000 to $50,000. APRs as low as 2.49%. Serves as a free matching tool to connect users to lending partners. Provides loan offers in less than two minutes.
Read 191 Reviews
Offers bad credit loans, no-credit-check loans and installment loans. Payday loan APRs up to 199%. Loan amounts range from $500 to $4,000. No minimum credit score required to apply. Same-day deposit available upon approval.
|First National Bank of Pittsburgh||Read Author Review|
Provides a free quiz that compares loan options. Offers flexible repayment options. Gives unsecured and secured loan options to borrowers.
|Huntington National Bank||Read Author Review|
Offers a variety of personal loans at competitive rates. Charges no application fee. Allows customers to choose their payment dates and terms, including weekly, monthly and bimonthly options.
|Riverset Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Offers APRs as low as 8.25% with no prepayment penalties or collateral required. Gives discounts to customers with a qualifying Riverset checking account. Provides a 24-hour member services center.
|SSB Bank||Read Author Review|
Focuses on customer service and satisfaction. Offers hands-on assistance with personal loans and financing. Provides loan options, including personal and home equity loans.
|WesBanco||Read Author Review|
Offers personal lines of credit or personal loans secured with a deposit account. Determines rates and terms after reviewing a customer’s credit. Allows customers to begin their application over the phone or in person.
There are several reasons to apply for a personal loan, from emergency costs to weddings. How you choose to use your personal loan is your choice — many Pittsburgh residents use personal loans to pay off student debt, fund a marriage or handle medical emergencies.
Finding a personal loan in Pittsburgh, PA
There are many types of personal loans available from lenders in Pittsburgh, which makes it difficult to know what’s right for your situation. To help you decide which loan makes the most sense for you, we’ve mapped out a few scenarios for you to review.
- Co-sign loans: People who don't have much credit history and need to make a significant purchase may require a co-signer for a loan. With a co-signer that has good credit, the person applying can get loans with better terms and interest rates.
- Variable-rate loan: Businesses in Downtown Pittsburgh may benefit from a variable-rate loan, which may help borrowers pay lower interest rates. This type of loan may be preferable if you plan to repay your loan quickly or if interest rates are projected to fall.
- Fixed-rate loan: Homeowners who need to take out money for new plumbing in older homes, such as those on historic Brookline Boulevard, might choose a fixed-rate loan. Rates on these loans stay the same throughout the loan term, which simplifies creating a budget.
- Secured personal loan: A secured loan uses collateral to guarantee repayment of the loan. Pittsburgh residents can get lower interest rates on a personal loan by securing it with a valuable possession, such as a car.
State regulation for Pittsburgh loans
Pennsylvania has interest caps on loans to help protect consumers. The maximum lawful interest rate is 6% annually for loans of $50,000 or less. For more information, this video guide from the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities thoroughly explains rates for consumers.
Choosing a company in Pittsburgh, PA
There are many loan places in Pittsburgh that offer different options, including loans for bad credit in Pennsylvania, fast cash loans and more. Choosing between these companies can be difficult, but you can find the right company by comparing a few factors. Your rate for loans in Pittsburgh depends on a few personal factors, including your credit score and the amount you want to borrow.
Here’s what you should look for when comparing Pittsburgh loans:
- Low interest rates
- No origination fees
- No prepayment penalties
- Favorable loan terms (between 32 and 76 months)
- Positive reviews
- No (or few) registered consumer complaints
To protect your finances, you must understand how much you can afford per month before shopping for personal loans in Pittsburgh. Higher interest rates and APRs add up to a lot of money over the long term, so it’s crucial to know where you stand before you commit to a Pittsburgh loan company.
Pittsburgh personal loan FAQ
- What credit score do you need for a Pittsburgh personal loan?
- Typically, lenders in Pennsylvania require a minimum credit score of 550. People with lower credit scores are more likely to receive unfavorable rates and expensive fees.
- What’s the best online personal loan company for Pittsburgh loans?
- The companies we highlight in this guide offer online loans in Pittsburgh with APRs as low as 5.99%.
- Are personal loans a good idea?
- As long as you have a plan to pay them back (and the finances to make it happen), personal loans can be beneficial in certain situations. We do not recommend taking them out in a moment of desperation without careful consideration.
- Where do I go to get a personal loan?
- Refer to our list of online lenders and local banks to find a personal loan in Pittsburgh. Finding which one works best for you is a matter of comparing rates and options from each company.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Pittsburgh personal loan company information
Riverset Credit Union offers personal loans with rates as low as 8.25% APR with no prepayment penalties or collateral required. Clients can borrow as little as $2,000 through its quick and straightforward approval process. Riverset customers are also eligible for a 0.25% discount on rates with a qualifying Riverset checking account. And with its 24-hour member services center, Riverset makes it easy to manage personal loans wherever you are.
- Address: 53 S. 10th St., Pittsburgh, PA 15203; Multiple locations
- Phone: (412) 488-2525
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4:30pm
- Website: riverset.com
First National Bank offers lines of credit for borrowers looking to make a unique purchase or cover unanticipated expenses. With flexible repayment plans and both unsecured and secured loan options, there are many different choices for borrowers. First National Bank helps customers find the right solution with its Help Me Decide quiz that compares options and situations.
- Address: 100 Federal St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212; Multiple locations
- Phone: (412) 359-2627
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: fnb-online.com
Huntington National Bank offers a variety of personal loans at competitive rates tailored to borrowers’ needs. It charges no application fees and offers a variety of discounts. Customers have the option to set up their payment dates and terms, including monthly, bimonthly or weekly repayment options, and can easily manage their accounts online.
- Address: 650 Smithfield St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222; Multiple locations
- Phone: (412) 471-7010
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 4pm; F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: huntington.com
Since 1992, SSB Bank has offered personal and business banking services to Pittsburgh residents. SSB Bank provides personal and home equity loans and lines of credit, mortgages and car loans. As a local and independent bank, SSB Bank focuses on customer service and satisfaction first and assists with personal loans and financing.
- Address: 2470 California Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15212; Multiple locations
- Phone: (412) 482-9010
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: ssbpgh.com
WesBanco allows customers to choose a personal line of credit or a secured personal loan, subject to credit approval. Customers can use their savings accounts, CDs or any other approved deposit accounts as collateral against a secured loan. WesBanco makes payback easy with options for online payments or automatic withdrawals. Pittsburgh residents can set up an appointment at a local office to determine loan amounts, terms and a payback plan.
- Address: 1706 Lowrie St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212; Multiple locations
- Phone: (800) 905-9043
- Hours: M - T: 9am - 4pm; Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: wesbanco.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.