1st Franklin Financial Reviews

Let us help match you

What do you prioritize most?

About 1st Franklin Financial

1st Franklin Financial offers personal loans up to $15,000. Its loans feature fixed rates and payments and no prepayment penalties. Its services are available only in select states nationwide, though it does have over 300 offices in its service area. You can choose between short- and long-term installment plans.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Quick approval time
    • No penalty for early payment
    • Fixed rates and payments
    Cons
    • No interest rate info on website
    • Only available in eight states

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Taylors, SC

When I talked to the Manager... I'm not really sure if I can be approved but after she explain to me all the rules and requirement... I'm so glad I got all the information and qua...

Verified
    Little Rock, MS

First Franklin Financial Philadelphia MS, has helped me rebuild my credit. Very professional and kind staff. I will continue to use them for my financial needs in the future. If y...

What is 1st Franklin Financial?

1st Franklin Financial is a family-owned company that’s provided personal loans for more than 80 years. It promises no hidden fees or other surprises and offers straightforward fixed rates and payments with no penalties for early payments.

1st Franklin also provides investment services and retail sales financing. With retail financing, you can make payments straight to the company to simplify the process. 1st Franklin finances electronics, jewelry, furniture, appliances and more, and it currently operates in eight states in the Southern U.S.

1st Franklin Financial loan services

1st Franklin Financial offers traditional installment loans with no hidden costs or other surprises. You can apply for a loan online, over the phone or in person. If you apply online, you’ll likely get a reply almost immediately (within two business days at max).

Regardless of how you apply, the approval will take place in person, so you’ll have to visit your local branch to finish the application. There, an associate will explain your loan rates and terms. You’ll need documents like a valid ID, proof of address and proof of income to complete the process. Once you agree to your terms, your money will be on its way; in some cases, funds arrive in your account in a few hours or the next business day.

1st Franklin Financial interest rates

1st Franklin Financial doesn’t list information about interest rates on its website, which can make shopping around more challenging. Several factors determine your interest rates, including your credit history, term length, employment status and debt-to-income ratio. Interest also depends on the size of your loan.

1st Franklin offers personal loans up to $15,000. The company’s Premier personal loans come through the U.S. Bank and are available up to $10,000. According to the website, this type of loan has a lower interest rate than standard personal loans.

1st Franklin Financial FAQ

Where is 1st Franklin Financial available?

1st Franklin Financial is available in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Does 1st Franklin Financial offer personal loans online?

You can apply for a personal loan on the 1st Franklin Financial website. From there, the application is transferred to your local branch, where final loan decisions are made.

What’s the maximum loan amount 1st Franklin Financial offers?

The maximum amount depends on the type of loan. Premier loans range up to $10,000, and standard personal loans are available up to $15,000.

What can I use a 1st Franklin Financial personal loan for?

Personal loans from 1st Franklin Financial can be used for home or auto repair, medical expenses, weddings, debt consolidation and more. They cannot be used for post-secondary or vocational uses.

Is 1st Franklin Financial a good lender?

1st Franklin Financial is available in just eight states in the South. If you’re in its service area, it’s a solid lender worthy of your consideration. There’s no information about its interest rates online, but 1st Franklin Financial implies this is due to the personal nature of these loans. When shopping for a personal loan, it’s important to look around to find the best rates for you — overall, 1st Franklin Financial is a good option for personal loans in the Southeastern U.S.

1st Franklin Financial Reviews

Stars Rating

• 10%
    • 11%
    • 23%
    • 1%
    • 55%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?
      Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed June 21, 2024

1st Franklin bought out my loan from Westview. It was a bit of a choppy transition, but after reaching out to the branch, we got online access updated. Three months later, they sent a letter stating they were changing their website and people would need to re-enroll again. Ok, fine...but every time I contact the branch, the website is down with no ETA, and their systems are either down at the branch. I spoke with a rep today and, of course, after I give my bank account info, they suddenly aren't able to take payment that way. And I now have to pay a late fee because their systems aren't working. Very, very frustrating experience thus far.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed June 18, 2024

This is the worst experience and I’m glad to give my business to a competitor. Angie stated she would call me back in an hour. Well the next day…still no call. That’s pathetic. I called only to find out she wouldn’t be back until the next day. The lady was as bad.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Loan Process

Reviewed May 8, 2024

First they locked me out of online account as soon as it was created. After contacting them they finally unlocked it for 1 payment then the account was locked again. Contacted again to unlock account and refused to accept any payment from anything other than the bank account the loan was deposited into. Preventing me from making any additional payments. Now, after multiple refused attempts to pay there is a legal hold on my bank account that would prevent me from getting even a penny from my next 4 paychecks.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2024

I have had a loan with them before and had no issues. I got another loan with them and opted in for the insurance protection in case something was to happen the payment would be taken care of. I broke my wrist and was out of work. When the payment that month came due I paid them and told them about my injury. I went a couple of weeks later and got the paperwork (which was a lot). My doctor, my employer and myself had to fill out papers. I don’t know why they couldn’t just use my FMLA.

During this time my phone was also off because I didn’t pay the bill while out of work. I received a certified letter after missing two payments. I called them and he said I had to pay over 700 dollars to get it paid up. My monthly payment was only $189. I told him I didn’t have that to pay. Then someone comes to my home & delivers me a letter saying they’re suing me. It says I’m being sued for $2,300. I went to the office they said they never received my papers they had me fill out. I ask them the payoff and he says $2,600. I offered to pay them $2,000 because I feel that’s what I owe minus the two payments that should have been covered from the insurance I purchased with the loan. He refused and said we’ll just let the judge decide.

During this whole deal the guy has been extremely rude to me & has acted like I’m some trash person. He even looked at another worker in there and rolled his eyes while I was in there. This company are crooks and EXTREMELY RUDE. The interest rates are insane. I went to my bank and explained what they were doing and the transmission also went out in my vehicle. My bank gave me $4,000 and added it to an existing loan and my payment only went up $50 a month. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2023

The customer service representative was very nice. She also helped me in every way she could. The environment and other staff members were also very friendly and welcoming. I will absolutely use this business further.

Staff

Reviewed April 28, 2022

I have been a 1st Franklin customer for 10 plus year, the manager and staff have always been friendly, and helped me achieve financial goals from small loans, to my mortgage. I can't imagine how I'd succeeded without, this great group, and kind words. Renee, Sasha, and the friendly, representatives, thanks for all you do.

Pinned

Hi, Rita! We are so grateful for your feedback! Thank you so much for taking a few moments to let us know how we are doing.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed April 23, 2022

I am so impressed with the level of professionalism of the team at that location. The follow-up calls and when I visited the Branch, they made me feel welcomed and explained all the steps of the process. Above it all, the entire transaction was completed within 30 minutes. Great job guys.

Pinned

We believe that business is all about people and the greatest compliments we can receive are those that highlight the commitment of our staff to deliver the best possible service. We know that you have options and we are very happy you chose to do business with us!

Staff

Reviewed March 8, 2022

My husband and I needed some repairs around the house. We called and gave them our info over the phone, then had an appointment the next morning to sign the paperwork. Very easy and very professional!!! Great people!!!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 3, 2022

I was homeless but my God Dad let me stay with him for a spell and I was sent a loaner check for $1500 and something cent from 1st Franklin Financial Bank without applying for it. So I just had secured a job where I am now. Once I moved into my own place I put my kids in a daycare with the loan's check after I cashed it at Regions Bank. I made a few payments on time or whatever and a few weeks after the first 3 months of paying them I was struggling because I don't get paid till the end of every month and book the hammer dropped. Me and kids was in a car accident. The man total my car. He hit me from the back. I went to hospital and all during the second wave of the pandemic. I didn't have a car. I was unable to go to work because I have a 1yr old and a 3yr old.

For 3 weeks after Christmas and New Years 2021 to 2022 till my car insurance paid my car off in full. So my God father kept calling me saying the state trooper keep stopping at his house. My God Dad just went through cancer and beat it so I thought he was making it up but I couldn't figure out why the state trooper could be stopping by his house.

When the state trooper stopped again I told Dad to ask him what's it for. 1st Franklin Financial is suing me for $1500. Like before I knew it I called the one in Columbus GA and spoke to a Kim. She was rude and after telling her what happened to me she didn't care nothing about it and she asked when I'd be able to pay. I said I wasn't sure in a mean way because it's not like I wasn't paying them nothing. I did pay something. But Long story short I don't recommend nobody on their last dollar or going through any hardships to deal with 1st Franklin Financial at all because of it only takes a few miss payments for them to sue you. What type of people that need a check they didn't ask for people that's in a hardship. Don't make sense.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

My agent was Corey and he had great customer service. He explained everything to me without a problem. I would recommend First Financial and the agent Corey. He was very professional and answered any questions I had.

Let us help match you

What do you prioritize most?

1st Franklin Financial Company Information