2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

1st Franklin Financial Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The people at 1st Franklin Financial were very helpful with providing me the money that I needed to catch up on a few bills. I didn't feel judged or out of place when I went in there. They were also very kind and gave me what I needed. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Well my name is Andrea. My credit was not greatest in the world due bad money management on my part. I went to them. They took a chance on me with a a starter loan. They worked with me when I couldn't make my payments on time due illness, hospital stays or just simply being out of town. They work with me. They showed me compassion. Eventually I was able to pay them off. I recently went back for a another loan due to death in the family. They got me taken care of and out the door in no time. My experience with them has been a great one. Everyone attitude was warm, friendly, even the manager Bill was good to me. I appreciate the way they do business. I am grateful that they took a chance on me. I would recommend them to anyone who needs help. Thanks again to 1st Franklin located on Main Street in Summerville. Bill And Donna you're the best.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have been a customer with the branch of Alexandria Louisiana and I have nothing but good things to say everyone that works in that office. The branch manager is Stephani ** and I must say that they make me feel like more than just a monthly customer. I feel like family to them and the experience of being a customer of theirs make me feel happy to be there. They care so much that I’m even able to give them good news on personal issues in my life. I am happy to be a part of the 1st Franklin family.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have used 1st Franklin for years now. Very good experience each time. Nice & very friendly service in Aiken SC. I will continue using them for small loans. Application is very easy and they are very straightforward when going in the office.

Original review: March 13, 2019

All I can say about this company is a great experience. The interest is little high but if we could achieve a lower interest then we would so... They are by far the most professional and compassionate group I’ve encountered with. They regarded my situation as an emergency and didn’t focus on one factor. I know the true customer service experience is usually not revealed until there’s a problem, i.e., a late payment, but I will say that so far, so great! I’m grateful!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I can always count on them to get back to me swiftly each time I have applied for loans and they are fast and friendly each time I go on to make payments. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking loan assistance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

This company will only bait you in to apply, say that you are pre-approved to deny you. I applied for a unsecured premier loan on 10-22-2019, and spoke with Jaimini **. She was able to look at my credit file to see my Equifax credit score was 785, and told me I was approved for up to $10,000 for a unsecured premier loan. She was being all nice at first, and told me to email her all of my documents. I emailed proof of my address, checkstubs, bank statements, and my identification. She told me that they only give a maximum of $5,000 at the location, and since it was over $5,000 I was requesting it would need to be sent to the regional manager. She told me that the manager would send all of my information to the regional manager, and I would hear something by the end of day. I called 3 hours after applying, and Jamini told me that they haven't heard back from the regional manager.

I called at 4:45pm, because I never received a response from Jamini regarding my application. Once I told them I was calling for Jamini, and gave the other lady my name she said Jamini was with another customer. I told her I really wanted to know if my application was approved, because I didn't want to move forward with another company if I was. Then the lady transferred me to someone else in the office, and she told me the regional manager emailed them hours ago about me being declined. She told me that they had received the response back earlier that day! I asked why I was declined, and she said they couldn't verify my employment through a work service system. I told her that it is impossible, because I have been with my job for years. Plus, they had documentations for every single thing they needed.

I then asked to speak back to Jamini to see why did she lie, and waste my time about not hearing back from the regional manager. She wouldn't get on the phone, and she never answered my email. They had everything to approve me, and still denied me not wanting me to give me the loan. Jamini is a liar, will waste your time, and DO NOT WANT TO COMMUNICATE PROPERLY WITH POTENTIAL CLIENTS. They saw that, I make 6 figures a year, had proof of everything, and did NOT WANT TO GIVE ME THE LOAN. My credit score is a 785, and there is no way with everything I have I should've been denied at all. Plus, Jamini have horrible customer service, had me get a hard inquiry on my credit file then wasted MY ENTIRE DAY PLAYING GAMES! This office just want to give customers $500 loans, and play with people TIME!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

You should not change the rule in the middle of a loan. Have been with you all for years and want to stay but not if you change the rules in the middle of a loan and will not tell any one to get a loan from you all!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have been a customer with 1st Financial for quite some time and never had a problem paying my loans. Well I have ran on some hard times and I have been threaten with a law suits and legal action. I informed them that they sent me a live check and I never came in and asked for the loan. However this is the 2nd live check I've had and I've always paid on time. I have been harassed, belittled and treated like this doesn't happen to everyone. I WILL NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Had several loans with this company. The info given at the time of loan did not comply with the payoff. Take 90 days to report to credit bureau. I question this problem and was rudely told for my information it would not help my score. This is incorrect and was told that the loan would help my credit. All payments were made on time. Just know who you are dealing with. Thanks.

Not sure about 1st Franklin Financial?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Personal Loans for you.

1st Franklin Financial Company Information