2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

1st Franklin Financial offers personal loans up to $15,000. Its loans feature fixed rates and payments and no prepayment penalties. Its services are available only in select states nationwide, though it does have 319 offices in its service area. You can choose between short- and long-term installments plans.

BOTTOM LINE

1st Franklin Financial is a personal loan provider operating in six states. The company offers loans up to $15,000 with fixed rates and payments and no prepayment penalties. You’ll have to visit a local branch for rate info.

PROS
  • Quick approval time
  • No penalty for early payment
  • Fixed rates and payments
CONS
  • No interest rate info on website
  • Available in just six states

Top 1st Franklin Financial Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?

When I talked to the Manager... I'm not really sure if I can be approved but after she explain to me all the rules and requirement... I'm so glad I got all the information and qualified to borrowed money that day. I really appreciate all the help and I'm so glad I went there to do business…

First Franklin Financial Philadelphia MS, has helped me rebuild my credit. Very professional and kind staff. I will continue to use them for my financial needs in the future. If you want good service and honesty give them a call. Thanks so much.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

What is 1st Franklin Financial?

1st Franklin Financial is a family-owned company that’s provided personal loans for more than 75 years. It promises no hidden fees or other surprises and offers straightforward fixed rates and payments with no penalties for early payments.

1st Franklin also provides investment services and retail sales financing. With retail financing, you can make payments straight to the company to simplify the process. 1st Franklin finances electronics, jewelry, furniture, appliances and more, and it currently operates in six states in the Southeast U.S.

1st Franklin Financial loan services

1st Franklin Financial offers traditional installment loans with no hidden costs or other surprises. You can apply for a loan online, over the phone or in person. If you apply online, you’ll likely get a reply almost immediately (within two business days at max).

Regardless of how you apply, the approval will take place in person, so you’ll have to visit your local branch to finish the application. There, an associate will explain your loan rates and terms. You’ll need documents like a valid ID, proof of address and proof of income to complete the process. Once you agree to your terms, your money will be on its way; in some cases, funds arrive in your account in a few hours or the next business day.

1st Franklin Financial interest rates

1st Franklin Financial doesn’t list information about interest rates on its website, which can make shopping around more challenging. Several factors determine your interest rates, including your credit history, term length, employment status and debt-to-income ratio. Interest also depends on the size of your loan.

1st Franklin offers personal loans up to $15,000. The company’s Premier personal loans come through the U.S. Bank and are available up to $10,000. According to the website, this type of loan has a lower interest rate than standard personal loans.

1st Franklin Financial FAQ

Where is 1st Franklin Financial available?
    1st Franklin Financial is available in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee.
    Does 1st Franklin Financial offer personal loans online?
    You can apply for a personal loan on the 1st Franklin Financial website. From there, the application is transferred to your local branch, where final loan decisions are made.
    What’s the maximum loan amount 1st Franklin Financial offers?
    The maximum amount depends on the type of loan. Premier loans range up to $10,000, and standard personal loans are available up to $15,000.
    What can I use a 1st Franklin Financial personal loan for?
    Personal loans from 1st Franklin Financial can be used for home or auto repair, medical expenses, weddings, debt consolidation and more. They cannot be used for post-secondary or vocational uses.

Is 1st Franklin Financial a good lender?

1st Franklin Financial is available in just six states in the Southeast. If you’re in its service area, it’s a solid lender worthy of your consideration. There’s no information about its interest rates online, but 1st Franklin Financial implies this is due to the personal nature of these loans. When shopping for a personal loan, it’s important to look around to find the best rates for you — overall, 1st Franklin Financial is a good option for personal loans in the Southeastern U.S.

1st Franklin Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Chris **, the area supervisor, provided me with exceptional customer service. I was furloughed due to COVID, so he, along with Rhonda **, the Lake Charles branch manager, helped me modify my existing loan. This made my monthly payments more manageable. Chris was polite, courteous, professional, patient, a great listener, and showed me that he genuinely cares about my situation. Also, he contacted me right away and did not hesitate to start helping me. Not many places have this level of customer service. Needless to say, I will return to First Franklin for future loans.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

This loan company is a good place to get a loan but the interest is a little high. But the loan company sometimes will work with you and will help you to get a loan. Overall this is a good place to get a loan. The people are nice and are very helpful. The people are always ready to help you when you need it. They only take cash and checks. They do not take debit cards yet. They start out with a loan of 500. This is a good loan company if you want to start a loan.

Get buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The staff here are remarkable & exceeded all my expectations. Very understanding and reliable. They didn’t judge me off of my poor credit history and that was a plus. Highly recommended! Go apply now!!

Original review: March 2, 2020

My husband and I have been banking at First Franklin Financial Corporation in Toccoa, GA for over 50 years. The employees are always very helpful and knowledgeable. When we need help filling out forms and other transactions, they are always available. You don't talk to a machine and get transferred from one department to another when you call like most other businesses. You talk to a real live person who is very friendly and is happy to assist you. Also, you aren't put on hold for what seems like an hour.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

By far the easiest loan company to deal with. They treat you like a respected customer during the process of the loan and even afterwards when you have to call in that you are going to be late on your payment. Have been a customer/client for several years now and have never had a bad experience with the Greenwood, SC office or employees. My goal is to be debt free but I know if I have an emergency 1st Franklin is there to help!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I can always count on them to get back to me swiftly each time I have applied for loans and they are fast and friendly each time I go on to make payments. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking loan assistance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

This company will only bait you in to apply, say that you are pre-approved to deny you. I applied for a unsecured premier loan on 10-22-2019, and spoke with Jaimini **. She was able to look at my credit file to see my Equifax credit score was 785, and told me I was approved for up to $10,000 for a unsecured premier loan. She was being all nice at first, and told me to email her all of my documents. I emailed proof of my address, checkstubs, bank statements, and my identification. She told me that they only give a maximum of $5,000 at the location, and since it was over $5,000 I was requesting it would need to be sent to the regional manager. She told me that the manager would send all of my information to the regional manager, and I would hear something by the end of day. I called 3 hours after applying, and Jamini told me that they haven't heard back from the regional manager.

I called at 4:45pm, because I never received a response from Jamini regarding my application. Once I told them I was calling for Jamini, and gave the other lady my name she said Jamini was with another customer. I told her I really wanted to know if my application was approved, because I didn't want to move forward with another company if I was. Then the lady transferred me to someone else in the office, and she told me the regional manager emailed them hours ago about me being declined. She told me that they had received the response back earlier that day! I asked why I was declined, and she said they couldn't verify my employment through a work service system. I told her that it is impossible, because I have been with my job for years. Plus, they had documentations for every single thing they needed.

I then asked to speak back to Jamini to see why did she lie, and waste my time about not hearing back from the regional manager. She wouldn't get on the phone, and she never answered my email. They had everything to approve me, and still denied me not wanting me to give me the loan. Jamini is a liar, will waste your time, and DO NOT WANT TO COMMUNICATE PROPERLY WITH POTENTIAL CLIENTS. They saw that, I make 6 figures a year, had proof of everything, and did NOT WANT TO GIVE ME THE LOAN. My credit score is a 785, and there is no way with everything I have I should've been denied at all. Plus, Jamini have horrible customer service, had me get a hard inquiry on my credit file then wasted MY ENTIRE DAY PLAYING GAMES! This office just want to give customers $500 loans, and play with people TIME!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

You should not change the rule in the middle of a loan. Have been with you all for years and want to stay but not if you change the rules in the middle of a loan and will not tell any one to get a loan from you all!!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have been a customer with 1st Financial for quite some time and never had a problem paying my loans. Well I have ran on some hard times and I have been threaten with a law suits and legal action. I informed them that they sent me a live check and I never came in and asked for the loan. However this is the 2nd live check I've had and I've always paid on time. I have been harassed, belittled and treated like this doesn't happen to everyone. I WILL NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The people at 1st Franklin Financial were very helpful with providing me the money that I needed to catch up on a few bills. I didn't feel judged or out of place when I went in there. They were also very kind and gave me what I needed. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

1st Franklin Financial Company Information