1.56/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a personal loan company?

17 1st Franklin Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

Disabled War veterans beware!.. they will take advantage of your disabilities by increasing finance charges and will not work with when you discovered they snowballed you. They are very very unAmerican and do not care about anything but their interest. They will prey on you by sending you letters in the mail to borrow money and misrepresent themselves via advertising. Once you're lured in they’ve got you. Beware! Beware! Beware!

Original review: March 20, 2018

When I talked to the Manager... I'm not really sure if I can be approved but after she explain to me all the rules and requirement... I'm so glad I got all the information and qualified to borrowed money that day. I really appreciate all the help and I'm so glad I went there to do business. I will recommend that company to everybody. Thanks again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: March 14, 2018

I would recommend this loan company to anybody. I say that because the employees there they ask you how you're doing? They also ask you how your day have been going. They are very nice and reasonable people to get a loan from. If you don't have all the money for your loan they will let you pay half before it's due. The other half you have to let them know when you are going to be in with the rest. This is a very friendly and professional business. I'm going to be sticking with this company for a long time.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Very unprofessional! Applied for a small loan on Monday and was told they would get right back with me. Called on Friday and was told they “weren’t able to get it approved.” No explanation or anything. Very bad business!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

These people are so wrong They filed court papers on me the first time and I agreed to pay. I got behind and they filed again after I made a payment. Don't go to these people and they say they're in it to help families. That's a lie. Don't go to these people bc the minute you can't pay they file papers on you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1st Franklin Financial?

Original review: June 14, 2017

I went last week to apply for a very small loan, the smallest FF allows, I have been a customer for over 10 years, never a day late or a dollar short, my credit has improved a lot since my divorce, I even have a credit card... I was turned down. F Franklin discriminates against the disabled and people on a fixed income... never will I apply for a loan with them again, especially when I got what I needed from a bank at 3rd of the interest. Thanks for turning me down, you all did me a favor, especially with the outrageous interest First Franklin charges.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Do not use 1st Franklin, my account has been closed for a year and they have NOT reported it to the credit bureau. When asked they said they did, when confronted with credit bureau on the phone they said they would do it right away. When I called back they sounded like idiot trying to answer a question. They said they have reported for 2 year because they would have to pay fines? Um my credit depends on you doing your job RIGHT! DON'T USE THEM!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

The office in Cumming is the most unwilling to cooperate I've ever dealt with in my 55 years of living. They do not appreciate you at all so keep your money from them. They won't communicate over email. Um, it's 2017. Everyone communicates over email. Even our President! I will be very happy when they are paid off and I would not recommend anyone doing business with them. If you cannot call from your job during the day, definitely don't deal with them!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I had a loan with First Franklin three years ago. First Franklin is not a good place to get a loan. They will not try to work with you when making payments late and they will call you at least four times a day. They called me from different cell numbers, since I didn't answer their business line. Also, they threaten me with garnishment, even though I was a month or two behind and I called and told them my situation. There was a period of time where they did not report, so they would not get fine. I had to call Equifax to get them off my credit, since I already had paid them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

First time dealing with Franklin Financial awful dishonest crooked people... Me my family were homeless. I been working a few months so I took out loan from instaloan... 800$... they were crooked so I paid 2 years on loan over 2200$. Franklin bought this company... After me talking with first loan company I was upset. Franklin sends me a paper saying in guaranteed 1500? So that's when they say "oh we own your loan" so instead of treating me right seeing plainly I was mischarged... they charged me the 334$ I had refused to pay instaloan due to their dishonesty. Franklin yea they do you right aight crooked people, crooked business overcharging a homeless family who already poor... yay!!!

Original review: July 21, 2016

When going to this company I expressed to them I was rebuilding my credit and wanted to make sure they report to the major credit bureaus. I was told, twice, they do and they had a sign in the office stating they do. It has been several months and nothing has been reported. Upon calling the corporate office I was told that two years ago it was an executive decision to suspend reporting!!! I told the rep I was just told a few months ago that you report! In her sweet rehearsed voice she repeats her speech to me, saying that possibly by the end of the years they will again report! I AM PAYING 26% INTEREST TO BUILD MY CREDIT WHICH YOU ARE NOT REPORTING! I must say to their good the workers in the Stockbridge Ga. office are nice but nothing irritates me more than to know I am getting nowhere on building my credit! Looking for someone to buy my loan!!!

Original review: May 20, 2016

We accepted a loan from 1st Franklin to help offset some of our Christmas costs. When we ran into some financial troubles early in the year, this resulted in some late payments to our creditors. From week one of being late, I received at least 4 calls per day, and when I could finally reach out to 1st Franklin, I was told that after I was a month behind, that they were moving to collections. I tried to resolve this with customer service and management, I was met with unprofessional behavior and a very judgmental attitude. I was told that they could move an account to collections even a payment is ONE DAY LATE!

This information was brought to me in what I felt was a very threatening manner. I am Customer Care Coordinator for a local engineering manufacturer and if I addressed any of my customers this way, I would have been fired immediately, regardless of whether the customer was on-time or late with their payments! If you find that you absolutely have to apply for a loan, stay away from this company! If you even fall a little behind, you will be met with several calls daily and lawsuit threats. I know that I should have taken better care of this account, but this company's staff behavior (specifically the management) is WAY beyond unacceptable. Maybe they should try to take in account that there are some good people that just run into bad situations sometimes. Exploiting your customer's misfortunes is really not going to good for your business.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

When I got my $1,000.00 loan approved I had to agree to paying auto damage coverage, which was an additional $1000 plus. Something happened to my car where I had to file a claim. It took over 4 months for the check to get sent to the company to fix my car. Never again will I ever use 1st Franklin Financial Corporation. I do not recommend anyone to get a loan from this company. I have gone through too much with them.

Original review: July 2, 2015

I've been with First Franklin for over two years. I was in the hospital and was late on my payment. They called me at work and told me I had to make the payment on or before Tuesday the 30th. I explained that I was getting paid the next day on the 1st and would happy to pay then. She told me that no I couldn't do that and they would start the paperwork to turn over the account. I had a liver transplant in 09 and had to go to Emory University hospital because I was rejecting the organ. They didn't want to hear that and did t want to wait overnight until I was paid. I am very disappointed. Since being a customer for as long as I've been I thought they could wait one day.

Original review: May 11, 2015

I paid off my loan almost 4 months ago. I've been calling the local branch for 2 months to find out why it's still on my credit report. They claim to have issues reporting to the Bureau. I called the corporate office and ** told me they are doing their audit which could take months before they report my updated information! I have never heard of this before. I will never get a loan with them again!

Original review: May 5, 2014

Manager at local office made numerous calls to a third party instead of contacting me then told third party she couldn't tell him what it was concerning. It was a privacy issue. But decided today she could indulge all info.

Original review: July 22, 2008

interest rates are to high! i want to refinance!

1st Franklin Financial Company Information