1.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 22, 2018

593 Suntrust Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

When we first opened our account, we were trying to have a local bank to do business with and there seemed to be quite a few of them around. I opened the account online and talked to the folks on their customer service line and was assured that the account would be held open until the first direct deposit could be put in it in 10 days. The day before the deposit was due to hit it (from Social Security) we got a letter saying that our account was closed. I went to the nearest branch and they helped me and we went along fairly bumpily. They would charge us overdraft fees when we still had funds in the accounts. Crazy stuff like that. And then last week, my check came in, I paid my bills first and was waiting until Friday to go get groceries and prescriptions. And Friday morning, my card wouldn't work.

And when I called in, I was told that my account is being closed, my funds are frozen, and a check will be issued in 10-15 days. No explanation of why. It has to do with their "rules and regulations" but nobody seems to know which rule. I finally went to one of the branches and the manager there (dumb as a box of rocks) sat with his folded hands and told me very snottily that sometimes accounts are closed due to fraud. WHAT? I was speaking with my US Senator's office at the time and she asked him what fraud. He back-pedaled. Oh, he doesn't KNOW that it's fraud, he's just saying it could be. So, I'm a senior citizen. I am on fixed income. And I have no money for food. My husband is a diabetic and has AFib. We don't have the money to get his prescriptions. He is out of blood thinners. And we're still waiting for them to send our money. Don't use SunTrust for anything. They lie, they steal and they are dishonest and uncaring.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Very happy and pleased with the customer service provided by ** at the Suntrust Bank branch, located at 1900 E Hallandale Beach Blvd., FL 33009. She's professional and sweet. Very helpful. She makes me feel like a King!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Good customer service. I just want to acknowledge the employees of a bank in Scott Depot West Virginia for their excellent service. They were extremely helpful with my transaction and they were also efficient and friendly... Jennifer and Rick thank you so much. Look forward towards future transaction. Note: Cashiers checks to buy my home.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Suntrust took money out of my account without getting permission from me. They told me they could not refund it back to my account and told me they didn’t need my permission or don’t need to talk to me. It’s against the law to take money out of the account without letting the account holder knowing.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I saw that this bank had low reviews, but decided to go with them anyways after the BBB gave them a 3.7 rating. To add to this, I also had a few family members that banked with them. After about 3 months with them I am regretting this decision. First and foremost, what is really where I throw in the towel is with their overdraft fees and policy. They will sometimes not show you pending transactions or won't withdraw the money from your account the next day. If I were you I would carry around a deposit book and regularly update it. Most banks take out the money for pending transactions from your balance. They do not! You may buy something today and they won't take the money out until a few days later. So if you had $100 balance and bought something for $20, your balance would still read $100 sometimes. So if you started spending thinking you still had $100 in your account, you would probably end up overdrafting without you knowing it.

Looking at my bank statement I made a purchase this past Monday. The money was taken out the same day. My bank was at a positive balance. Tuesday I made a purchase and the money wasn't taken out until that Wednesday. My account would have been negative, but I had gotten paid on that Wednesday to cover any negative balance that would have occurred. Wednesday morning I got an email saying my account was overdrafted about $137! They said that because there was a pending transaction on Tuesday, which they didn't include in my balance when I had looked at the account that day, they considered any other purchases made during that day to be an overdraft.

I said, ok. I'm fine with that, but the money was already in the account because it was never taken out until the next day! So when they did take the money out I had already gotten paid so had even more money available for the withdrawal. Even then more money was added in less than 24 hours, and then how could they charge me for money that wasn't even taken out of the account yet? Well, now after all of their ridiculous overdraft fees, my account actually IS overdrafted at this point. So I figured this could all be handled with a simple phone call, right?

Nope! After going through all of their ridiculous prompts I finally got a hold of a representative, who had a thick heavy accent so I guess they probably have outsourced their team members. After telling them what happened they said they could only remove one of the charges and so now I am responsible for paying them over $100 in these overdraft fees. They easily just made $100 off of me even though my account was never negative. While telling the employee how unfair this was they thought it was funny, because I could hear the amusement and scoffing in their voice. Very unprofessional. I actually needed that money for this weekend, but I guess not huh?

While I can't go out this weekend with my hard-earned $150, they get to put it in their pockets when they haven't even earned it. Smh. I truly don't like this company. I'm looking for other banks after I finish typing this. If you're thinking about it, the answer is simple. Just don't do it. Bank with someone else. It will save you money in the long run, because clearly, all they care about is making a profit off of people. I'll probably be going back to PNC, and that's the truth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: April 4, 2018

I mistakenly went to use ATM on Chatham Parkway, located in Savannah, GA... I was under the impression that it was legit and safe to use the Suntrust ATM for my NetSpend card but I was wrong. I tried drawing $240 off and the machine acted as if it was going to dispense the money but instead just gave me a receipt that said, "Contact the bank." Of course the bank was closed already. Immediately I called Suntrust customer service and was told they couldn't do anything for me. SOL... They told me to call my bank and file a dispute. Now I'm looking at up to 90 days for investigation. How hard is it to pull a damn camera and see y'all screwed me. Now my rent is overdue and me and my child aren't gonna have a roof over our heads in 3 days. I can't believe SUNTRUST would do this to anybody. It's really pathetic.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I am a 38 year loyal customer with Suntrust Bank, bank name has changed a number of times. I received a letter one week ago, telling me all accounts associated with my name will be closed effective 4/18/18, no explanation given. I consider myself to be in good standing with the bank, no problems. I called the bank and was folded, they could not give me any information. I went into the branch and was told the same thing. This has made me feel like I had done something wrong. They deactivated my debit card on 3/31/18, no warning given. I would never want to continue banking with SunTrust, I only want to know why I'm being forced out. This has been a horrible ending, to a otherwise good relationship. Do I have no right, to know, why they are closing my accounts?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I just opened my savings account on 3/22/2018. I deposit 3,200 cash the next day. I called and tried getting online to view my account and customer service is saying my account has been closed and blocked. There is also a zero balance. Like are you kidding me. I will be there bright and early in the am. This is ridiculous... Something told me not to open up an account. The branch manager looks like a scammer.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Inability to cash checks even though money is amply covered - This is the second time Suntrust on Gallatin Rd in East Nashville was very customer service disoriented. They are extremely inept at their abilities to process checks. Three different people could read the check which was drawn upon one of their account holders. They said they could not process it because it was not legible. This was directly after Regions Bank processed my co-workers check. They then told me I could come back sometime before closing if I did not want to wait on the manager. Terrible customer service...

Original review: March 16, 2018

We have been with this bank for several years, and I honestly wonder why the hell we are still with them. We have had our debit cards hacked at least 7 times for fraud and then to have to wait on our funds to be put back in our account! We have always had to verify we are the real people over the account like we are on a judgment stand, and then had our cards blocked when we tried to use them, and we are like why the heck didn't you block the nuts that did wrong!! It has been unreal the times we have been hacked by fraud and seems it's a never ending cycle!!

Then when you call to report the fraud the person you get on the other end of the line, you can't never understand a darn word they say, I mean seriously get some English speaking people that we can understand, and stop all the darn fraud hacks all the time. I am thinking about pulling our account to a different bank, but hell I am wondering if they all aren't liars and rip offs!!! So please always keep an eye on your bank account, especially if you have Suntrust bank!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I set automatic payments 2x a month to make easier on my budget and tried to pay some late fees little by little. I was never told that the automatic payments were going to go towards the late fees first then my loan. When they call me to collect the money that was owed for February, 9 days late, 77 dollars they threaten me to send me to collection agency. Now all the payments that I did they went to the late payments instead of loan! Never get a loan from this bank. If there was a non star check. I would check that one! When I said I wasn't going to pay the late payments they told me that they were going to sent me repossess car only for 77$ that I am behind! Very bad Experience!

Original review: March 5, 2018

The Suntrust app doesn't work most of the time and it is very old. The reason I install the app in the first place is to be able to check my account on the go but when I try to open the app it just keep on spinning. It just won't open. Need to fix it but every time I say something to a teller they just say, "We are sorry for your inconvenience."

Original review: March 2, 2018

The bank from HELL! Two different problems. Sold my home and had a balance of approximately 2,800.00. They issued the check in my late husband’s name and it took months, about 120.00 in calls as I live in Ireland and still waiting. Hopefully resolved today. Closed my checking account and they are continuing to charge a monthly fee. They are hopeless to work with. They are not a worldwide bank and impossible to do commerce with. Don’t go with them. They need to be regulated as their practices are illegal.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Do NOT use Suntrust if you want your money safe. Someone used my card for a fraudulent charge and they don’t care at all! I opened a case as I was told I had to. FIRST... I had to wait for the transaction to stop pending and then they would start. They told me I would have my money WITHIN 5 business days. Today is day 6 and now they are escalating and I will receive a call within 24 hours. They are horrible, they read off of a script and could care less about bills and other things you need the money for. As soon as I have my money I am closing ALL accounts with them. Disrespectful, non empathetic, slow as hell. DONT BANK WITH SUNTRUST!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I received a fraudulent check from this bank and called to report it in case the purchaser was a victim of identity theft. It took me 20 minutes to get a person on the phone who then wanted my social security information to set-up an account. I refused and said that I just wanted to pass along the info. She refused to accepted the information and told me to go to the bank, which there are none in my state. BEWARE customers!!! My credit union handled this situation positively and over the phone. I would be very wary of a bank that does not let you even report fraud.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I Made a transaction when my account was positive and then a transaction came through after that trans and made my account negative of 2 dollars. Suntrust charge me 2 overdraft fees because the transaction was still pending when the other transaction went through and they claim they can’t waive it. I will be closing out that account. They don’t have no compassion for their customers and I will be writing to corporate as well.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Every time I turn around they are raising their banking fees, and at the same time I receive less and less support, courtesy and features. I am so sick of big banks screwing everyone and what choice do we have? I transferred money to cover a withdrawal on the same day, and they still charged me an overdraft fee. It was the same day! The CR was not helpful, not pleasant and left me hanging saying the withdrawal came before the deposit, but both were still pending! They are just going to nickel and dime us to death.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Suntrust Bank's phone system is designed to get you to hang up. Ridiculous repetitive menus, extremely difficult long time to get a live person on the phone. Their locations are way understaffed with a skeleton crew who have next to zero authority to do anything much past basic teller functions. Their online banking is designed to confuse and mislead you and results in the highest fees permitted by US banking laws. It’s 2018 but you still can’t see when a check is in on your account until the day after it hits? Their online debit card procedures are designed to trip you up and will result in exorbitant overdraft fees. Again the highest they can legally charge. Not sure if there is anything better out there but going to try a smaller local credit union and go from there. Or switch to Bitcoin, Dash, etc. Anything to get out of the banking system cartel racket!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Suntrust is the worst bank institution a person could get. I have had many issues getting service that's expected of a bank. Account history of previous year as of this month (Feb 2018). Claims handling when in person. Lazy employees who don't fulfill the requested account type, repeatedly. (Opened as a non overdraft - ad to fix it when I got unexpected locked out & stranded, so I came in while on the clock 1099.) Lack of ATM only card for seamless access. I was locked out debit unexpectedly while working on the road - stranded. (Due 2 suspended activity.) *UPDATE AS I TYPE THIS: "(The feedback) service currently unavailable". Please tell everyone these issues & get the word out so they'll fix or close.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Something as simple as paying off an auto loan is like a work from God. I have never had such a hard time trying to get one document before. Nobody in Customer service knows how to handle the easiest task like send a fax with the correct phone number. I'm trying to get rid of this bank and they will not let me. Payment history should be a click of a button to hand over but they want you to wait 7-10 business days for a piece of paper. Hate this bank and I swear I will never do any business with them. The worst bank EVER!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been on the phone all day for their mortgage dept. After waiting each time on hold for at least 20 min., no one can help. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. When you speak with the computer dept., he can't help and there is no one else to talk to ie; system doesn't work for sending mortgage emails. With all problems, I went to branch to make mortgage payment and the teller system does not match the payment amount as the online system I use so he put too much towards payment and not enough towards extra principal. Absolutely horrible.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This is the very worst bank I have ever dealt with... Account was close but they still kept charging overdraft fees at 36.00 every 2 days... Said I could not now close the account until I pay them 280.00 in fees... HIGHWAY ROBBERY. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. After I told them for the last 3 times close this account they return a total 36.00. That’s how I ended up now paying 280.00!!! Will be closing all my accounts with them RIGHT NOW...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Omg...where do I begin? I only had my account for less than 2 weeks. I was sold on the no money to open deal. I just needed an account to get my VA benefits direct deposited on the first of the month. I also had a PayPal balance that I wanted to add the funds to my SunTrust account. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. I tried to link my PayPal and even verified it through them. The next morning I tried to login to check my balance and it told me my account was restricted. I called the bank to see why and was informed my account had been closed via SunTrust rules and regulations. I was livid. Why is an account that has never even been used closed? I was told to go to the nearest branch to verify my info but that was completely out of the question since the nearest branch to me is over 200 miles away.

The next day I receive an email stating that the reason my account was closed was because of a PayPal deposit of 3 cent and it was deemed suspicious activity and alerted the fraud department. So now thanks to this idiotic bank and their half-brained regulations I will not receive my paycheck for another 28 days and now me and my children and wife will soon be homeless. Thanks SunTrust for screwing our lives up. DO NOT BANK WITH SUNTRUST!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My trust and faith in the bank system has been tested and broken. I hold Suntrust at fault. From the very beginning when I reported this matter. I said to myself Suntrust will do right because I’ve done right by them. They will be able to see that the mobile app was not from any of our devices. They will compare the signatures on the back of the check. Someone from the fraud department will do their due diligence to ensure this will be corrected. There’s no way Suntrust will fault us for this. But my fear became true yesterday.

After receiving the call to be notified Suntrust is not reversing the claims and there standing by their decision felt like I received a call being notified that some close to me had died. They allowed someone to mobile deposit 5000 worth of checks and now refuse to honor the claims. I was heartbroken like being wrongly accused for a crime I didn’t commit. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I want to cry I felt so helpless. All I could say is could you do this to us.

Again if your company allow someone to log in and do a mobile deposit with no security measure then this is the banks fault not our and because I can’t go enjoy my trip and for ruining my entire month of January I’m asking for compensation. If you had give us a provisionary credit, reverse the charges and continue your investigation but let us live in peace then it would not have had to come to this. We have not received one piece of evidence laying out how this investigation took place. The only conclusions as to why you're not pay is because it was a mobile deposit.

The only thing we have received was phones calls from smart mouth representative. My question is where was the mobile log in from? What state? When they log in and got the security message about an unrecognizable device because (they had to) or did they call the number that’s listed at the bottom? Who received the call? What was said? I want the recording pulled? Or did they put in a code? Where was the code sent to the email on the account or the phone? What email or phone was it sent too? Did you compare the signatures to my fiancé signature?

I want to know how this investigation was conducted and concluded because it was a mobile deposit will not fly. I want a full explanation as to how with security measures for electronics devices was this done? If the security device measures was not put up to stop the thieves from breaking into our account and depositing not once but 3 times? I want to know why was it not set up on this account but for my other accounts. I want to know how do I suppose to feel safe now knowing Suntrust does not have safe barriers to stop someone from stealing mobile log in and going into your account. I want to know who’s all be in contact with that account that works at Suntrust because it seems to me it someone who works at the bank and this was an inside job.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I don't write reviews, I do read them... I want to allow people to read my experience and make a decision in part of. I will first say, Do NOT TRUST SUNTRUST! They will make certain to convince you to trust them. They will reassure you of your concerns. They will not hold up terms of your Trust documents. They will ignore the beneficiaries trust documents and Pour over Wills! The account manager will accept all pertinent documents, but will not use them to your benefit. They will not protect beneficiaries. They will not provide you with accountings needed. Forget about a final accounting! They will pawn your Trust onto lawyers to avoid fault. These people do very well at covering their mistakes, and fire their employees immediately after a questionable act takes place. They will not correct their misdeeds! Beware of Suntrust!! They are in the business of money... not people and legality!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I wanted to change banks so that I could have both of my direct deposits going to the same bank. My payroll and my VA disability. I went online and got an account from Suntrust. I then went into the branch and deposited around 300 to open the account. I received my card and started checks in the mail a little while longer. I changed both of my direct deposits to Suntrust. All of a sudden one Saturday morning I could not log into my online account. I had to go to the branch and get them to verify me. That took over an hour because they had to call the fraud dept. They said I had logged onto too many devices. My home computer and my phone. Both on the same network mind you. They got it taken care of. Then we went out to get breakfast. I tried to pay the bill and my card was declined. I spend 30 minutes on hold then got through to someone that could barely speak English and they verified some transactions with me.

Then they said they unlocked my card. Well that didn't happen. Fast forward another hour. I had called them back and stayed on hold quite a while. Thankfully the manager of the restaurant was nice enough to allow this to go on. They said the other person forgot to ask for the expiration of the card. Could they not have called me back??? SO paid for the meal and went shopping with my family. Then the next day I could not log onto my online account again. This time the site itself would fail once put in my credentials. I thought maybe the site was down and didn't pay any mind to it. Then the next day it was still going on. I tried to buy a soda at work and the card was declined. I called and they said my account was in the process of being closed and all my funds were frozen.

Keep in mind I had just paid my 1800 for rent a few days before. They told me that it would be returned. I was in panic mode as I did not want a negative mark on paying rent. We had just moved about two months ago. They said they could not tell me why as it was confidential. That I would receive a letter soon in the mail. I asked when my funds would be released as I had nothing. They had all of my money for the next two weeks. I could not buy groceries, pay rent or get gas to drive to work. Thankfully my church helped me with rent and one of my credit cards had enough to put gas in our cars. I took a day off to figure it out. I finally got a call back from their customer service that literally asked me if I had any questions about my account. I asked why did they close it. She stated that they could not tell me that I would receive a letter.

After getting gruff with her and asking why she bothered to call me she told me that they had found something with the account after it was opened. I asked what and again was told they could not tell me. Keep in mind this whole time no one called me or emailed to inform me this was going to happen. I have been without money for over a week now! I still have yet to receive a letter or the promised check with my money. As far as I can tell they had no right to close the account without warning me. I believe it was illegal. They have hurt my family badly and plan to take legal action if I can against them. Do not use this bank for any reason. They are fraudulent and they do not care about their customers. At least they could have called and said, "You have until close of business today to get your money out". Nothing like that. They held all my money. Dishonest!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Due to underemployment, we fell a little behind on our bills. On January 2, 2018, we were 32 days behind on our Suntrust car loan. They repo'd the car without notice for being only 32 days late. They wanted a fee of $450 to recover in addition to making it current. We are getting paid a lump sum in a couple weeks and all bills will be current. How can a bank repo a car that is not seriously late and without warning? The car is worth $5K less than the loan, so they can have it, but I want them exposed to the press, the media and their customers for their atrocious customer service. Don't EVER take a car loan out with Suntrust.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I pay every bill on time every month. After paying SunTrust... One day they said, "Would you like to take care of your $600 late fee on your auto loan?!" I said, "What are you talking about..." They said they didn't know but to call their 1-800 number. I was told that I was paying my monthly car note less 2 cents each month! They had a computer glitch they finally owned up to at one point. Other times they said, "You REALLY need to pay your extra 2 cents each month!" I said, "You have my bank info on file... I come in and tell you I'm here to pay my bill..." They said, "Well you never told us how much to pay!?" Of course half of my receipts have no balance, or payment, or date on them. Their website is always down so you cannot view your balance.

I have paid them 2 more car notes and my balance increases!!! I wrote the State of Florida to no avail. SunBank calls me from collections and have had my credit score drop because of their nonsense. My wife was a CPA with them and was paid $24,000 a year. I guess we have to deal with minimum wage idiots who don't have the authority nor the competence to be able to resolve an issue they created. Am I forced to pay them an extra $600 because their computer forgot to take out an extra 2 pennies on my car loan for the past x amount of months and making it retro? Their branch manager had the authority to waive $30 dollars... Whoopeee!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Suntrust gets 1 star for one reason, personnel. The in-branch personnel are amazing or at least they used to be. The last 5 times I've called I have been answered by a foreigner I can understand and unless you get a veteran representative you cannot get a single action done. I will transition this notion into my first complaint.

Account set up and errors. I had a business account and a personal account with suntrust for a number of years out of convenience. However, I came to find out the credit cards for the bank are offloaded to a third party, resulting in no ability to make changes to the credit card account by the bank. Now, this should not be a problem if you don't need to shift your accounts, but when multiple account are set up incorrectly and linked it results in a major dilemma. My business credit card and personal credit card ended up linked to the same account and my checking accounts were linked to another account. Any business owner knows these two accounts should not co-exist. When I brought this to the company's attention they merely said we can't do anything about it.

Next, I would like to discus their overdraft policies, any overdraft over $5 results in a $36 overdraft fee. With many times no notice until 4 days later. When you try to dispute a transaction it's met by a bunch of lip and policy, and many times a foreigner who doesn't care about the consumer. In the rare instance you do get a representative who can help they are met by various policies which depending on the representative you get, you may get 3 drafts back, but I caution the consumer, because rarely do we realize the overdraft and the consumer tends to make a few more purchases (or automatic purchases) before catching their error or situation. Additionally, an automatic charge in error or fraud will still result in continued overdrafts in addition to the extender overdraft if you can't bring the account even in 5 days.

I was able to bear the account mishap which was resolved after 2 years of trying. However, needless to say they lost my business when the company tried to explain their overdraft procedures and charges $144 due to a pending charge which 4 different representative gave me different answers to. 1st rep: I called as soon as I learned an automatic charge had tried to be taken and was not approved. Representative in nicer language said "due to policy, to bad." Also had a very thick foreign tongue I could not understand. 1st rep's manager: Informed me that with proof of the refund I would be refunded the 3 overdrafts that ensued.

2nd rep: Called as soon as I learned the pending unproved amount processed and overdrafted me again. Representative in nicer language said "due to policy, too bad." Also had a very thick foreign tongue, which I very quickly relayed away from and to a manager. 2nd rep's manager: Informed me that I was not covered for the first three overdrafts and that the only overdraft she would be able to help with was the fraudulent action which started this chain of overdrafts. Meaning if this transaction stands I will only be refunded $36 of the $144 that was taken.

I left Bank of America for less than this. Suntrust needs to take a strong look at their leadership and their emphasis on the consumer. The consumer interaction was the original reason I stayed. But, after my recent experience they have lost my business. A company should not have the power to stop a consumer when the consumer tries to make right. If the consumer tries to make right, let them, hold transactions, provide a grace period.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Where do I begin! Since jump street with this horrific bank, it's been a terrible experience. For starters, I had a fraudulent charge and it took them a month to investigate and get my money back. I'm a single mother who lives on a tight budget. Another time, I ordered checks through their auto direct check order system and the account number was wrong and I was writing checks to pay bills with the wrong account number. I also used their mobile deposit app to deposit a check and when I paid some bills, then, I was charged overdrafts because the check never appeared. I called them and was told I never made the deposit and was lying that I even attempted to deposit the check. Who would stop themselves from depositing money?!

The icing on the cake was when I deposited my paycheck that I have deposited into my checking for the past 5 years, they decided to place a hold on it on 12/23/17... I was unable to buy my 8 year old daughter Christmas gifts. I called them hysterically sobbing and I was told that they will not un-lift the hold until the 27th and the woman on the phone did not seem to care and couldn't give me a valid reason why the hold was even placed on my paycheck! As soon as this hold is off, I'm closing the account. WORST BANK EVER!!!

Updated on 02/20/2018: Once again Suntrust dropped the ball and placed another hold on my pay-roll check. The same check that I have received for the past five years... same amount, same two-week duration, and same employer. I called and was told that they do not have a valid answer to my question when I asked why there is a hold and need to verify funds??!! I'm beyond sick of this. The last time this happened was 2 days before Christmas 2017. As a single mother who struggles on her own to put food on the table for my 8 yr old child should not have to endure this nonsense. It's MY MONEY and I earned it by working very hard and should be able to access MY MONEY to pay bills. Now that bills are on an auto direct pay from my bank account, the amount builds up and so does the overdraft fees which will eat up my entire pay-check... I'm sick to my stomach and very upset.

Suntrust Company Information