Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Suntrust Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Silver Spring was helpful. I explained what happened at another branch of Suntrust, court documents, Greenbelt. How the the lady told me, if I did not want to wait from the branch Manager I can take it to another branch. And she was not nice about it. I asked for a HQ phone number. I called when I got home and was given the silver spring number. The silver spring office told me to bring in my documents, copies will be sent to their lawyers and I will get a response. I can live with that.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a SunTrust customer for over 8 years. I feel It is time to write a review about one of the staff working at 8700 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Md 20910. Ms. ** (Teller) at this branch always give a good service to customers. She has all the qualities required when dealing with customers whether under pressure or not. Very quick and knowledgeable. Above all she has a good manner which makes her special compared to other tellers. I always prefer to be served by her. In addition, I never experienced any big issue with SunTrust Bank so far. Hopefully I will remain to be their customer for good.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Hi, I’ve been banking with Suntrust for over 15 years and I must say, whoever came up with the concept of giving you a few days to replenish your acct without an overdraft fee deserves high praise. My family and I have been struggling financially for the past year and a half and more fees is the last thing we need. I will be forever grateful during these difficult times. Every little bit counts.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

While Suntrust, is more of a traditional bank, unless you are a business account holder, I feel that all banks (for most people) are treated as online banks. Suntrust has a fairly robust online presence and their interface, using a traditional computer browser, is full featured and fairly intuitive. Their mobile app, is above standard, comparatively to other "traditional banks" and offers good security as well as the majority of the features available on their traditional browser based counterpart. I have considered switching to an "online only" bank; however I believe the emergent nature of the online banking business is still in flux and growing. For me, 50ish, I would like to see this mature more before I make the "jump".

Original review: July 3, 2019

It was very efficient working with Lending Tree and LightStream/SunTrust Bank to obtain a debt consolidation loan. LightStream has some negative reviews, but look at the dates. All of them are older and it looks like SunTrust got their customer service act together and got serious about completing for business. At least in my experience there were no better offers, hands down. I will work with this company again in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: June 2, 2020

Unfortunately I am having problems with this bank, 14 days ago I blocked my account, I contacted them and told me that the bank no longer wanted me as a customer, I asked them why and answered me that they are not obliged to inform me why, today 06/02/2020 went to the branch to close my business account and a man with very bad will told me that he would close both accounts, after 20 minutes of waiting he told me that he could not give me the cash but a check, then another 15 minutes he came back and told me that the check would give me because the bank has to send it to my home, I asked why and he told me that it is company policy, and I said, "Because then you told me you were going to give it to me a check?" Insisted on company policy.

Arriving at home, I called the customer service, and the person who answered me told me that my personal account is still being investigated and assessing whether the money in the account is mine and that I have to wait another 14 days to receive a letter from bank because it will close the account, the first 14 days of waiting have passed when I made the first contact with the bank, I have to wait this time and then I have to wait longer for the bank to send me my money check. I'm really going through an uncomfortable situation and a little bit pleasant. Today I told you if in 14 days you won't give me an answer, I'll hire a lawyer and report them.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I tried logging into my online mobile banking from Suntrust. After trying several times and then trying to log onto my account from a computer, I still couldn’t see my transactions or balance on my accounts. I contacted customer service gave the lady I spoke with a explanation of the issue I was having. She transferred me to tech support for online banking. After speaking to a representative. She informed me that my accounts had been closed due to fraudulent activity, and that I was being investigated by the FBI. I’m like are you kidding me?? I explained to her that my Unemployment Checks were going to my savings account and it clearly stated Georgia Department of Labor. I asked if I could go to a branch to withdraw my funds, she told me that all withdrawals and debits have been suspended.

I again stated how crazy this was, she told me I would have to wait 5 to 7 business days after my accounts have been officially closed, for a letter to come in the mail stating why my accounts were closed. Then I would have to wait for them to send me a check with the money I had in my accounts. So obviously I’m trying to save all my unemployment benefits is a crime?? I’m saving money for an uncertain future and that seems to be a crime.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Unfortunately I have been the victim of fraudulent activity using my debit card via a third party app. I contacted Suntrust within 24 hours of the fraud withdrawals (because GOD FORBID their fraud department actually identify fraud on their own!). A "claim" was opened to investigate and my claim was denied. Now I am on the hook for over $1000! No one spoke to me during this sham of an investigation and I need to wait to receive the "documentation" for whatever farce they conducted. SHAME ON SUNTRUST - your fraud department is a joke as it doesn't catch anything and even when your customer (of OVER 20 years!) contacts you within 24 hours to alert you to the fraud, you do NOTHING to protect or advocate for the victim. No instead you victimize them again by conducting a faux investigation, denying their claim and leaving them to fend for themselves during a global pandemic with >$1,000 stolen from their checking account.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Do not trust any of these companies!!!! They are thieves. Once you open an account, make your starting deposits and they clear...they close your account give a bogus story and keep your money!!! All of a sudden your access is revoked on all platforms and your money held hostage. These companies and affiliated brands should be charged with federal crimes! I lost just under $300 but have read reports of account loss of up to $70k. Stay far away from these thieves. They are criminals!!!

Original review: May 27, 2020

I opened a business account and deposited funds for some reason unknown to myself the felt the checks was fraudulent. However, the funds cleared the account and the vendor deposit yet another amount. They decided to close my account. The vendor attempted to dispute the check written as per the Suntrust rep and was advised from her bank that this is not a fraudulent check so it is active, please advise Suntrust. We did advise Suntrust and they told us that they will send the check back to me in 15 business days. It is now 45 business days and the account is on hold no refund and no answers. The worst bank ever. Sadly, due to Covid-19 I have not been able to make it to a physical bank. When good people give them business and they treat the wrong ones with disrespect.

Suntrust Company Information