1.22/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

631 Suntrust Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had fall for the scam of so called "checking account promotion" Suntrust bank ran between January 03 and May 01 2018. The terms and condition of the offer were to open a checking account, deposit at least 100$ within 14 days and $2000 via direct deposit within 60 days, if the conditions are met - there would be $500 deposited into my account. I CAREFULLY read all the fine print, as well as just general terms of the promotion. I also took a screenshot of these rules and confirmation of the account opening page just to be sure nothing is missed. I had a time stamp that also showed that the screenshots were taken within the time of the promotion. I had deposited $100 within 2 days of account opening, $6000 in my account via direct deposit within 60 days and continued to do so later.

After 3 months no promotion was deposited. So I called the customer service and they told me there was another condition - there was supposed to be 10 debit card transactions. Nowhere in the terms and conditions that was mentioned. So I opened a complaint case that was research by marketing team. Originally I was told someone will get back to me within 2 days. Then they said it's going to be 5 business days. Then someone called me and said someone will get to me within 15 days. When Matai ** finally did call me, over 2 weeks later since I opened the case, I had sent her the screenshots and all the data I had, just to receive a denial couple of hours later. Her manager Amy ** also was not helpful and completely disregarded the information I presented.

I had spent hours on the phone trying to explain that I have the proof that I followed the terms and conditions, but they did not want to listen and refused to stick with the rules that they defined stating that no bonus will be given, yet they would not be able to answer where would I get the screenshots from if this information was never posted. On the top of that, I was charged 25$ maintenance fee!

AVOID THIS BANK AT ALL COSTS. These people are scammers and have the worst customer service, very slow response and absolutely not customer oriented. I was going to apply for mortgage here, thinking must be a good bank since they run such a great promotion. Well, not anymore, I will be closing the account faster than speed of light. THE BANK IS A SCAM, TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT fall for any of their so called "promotions', these are the scam just so they can get some of your money and your information so they can later sell it and flood your mailbox with other "great offers".

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

On June 21, 2018 I noticed there was 4 charges on my account that I didn't authorize at all and early Monday morning 25th at 6:18 am I received an text message alert for a $962 charge so it asked was it me or to stop it so I stopped it and went inside a branch on Hacks Cross Rd in Memphis TN where I spoke with bank manager to file a complaint and as we were on phone with Suntrust fraud department they said 4 other charges were trying to go through so they stop it now. My claim for the other 4 was filed and I was waiting on a phone call which Suntrust never called and they send me an email decline my case so I filed an rebuttal form. 3 weeks after received a called and email to contact investigator over case.

Once again declined my case. Again claiming not enough documents from me to prove my case but I did my own investigation and got my own money back which the jerks at Suntrust paying someones else bills and they didn't even investigate my case. I withdrawn all my funds and closed my account. I had this problem with Suntrust before so I gave them the benefit since I had this account for 11 yrs and they wonder why I never gave them my businesses accounts or savings accounts. Never. This is a terrible bank to trust with your money. They don't care about you. I don't know who's the worst. Suntrust or Wells Fargo. Both needs to go out of business.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I opened an account online with Suntrust. Friday August 10 I went to a local branch to deposit a payroll check on a bank with a large local footprint. Because the bank the check was written on is a prominent bank, the teller informed me that the funds would be available the next day. The following morning at 7:25am I received an email from Suntrust stating that the funds are available. I get dressed and drive fifteen minutes to the closest open branch only to be told that the funds are on hold until August 18! Of course I was furious. The bank manager was at a loss to explain the email I received from Suntrust as well as why it's going to take five business days until the funds are available on a payroll check from a prominent bank. As soon as those funds are available that account will be closed. You don't play with people's money like that.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This company tries to get you for your money. Then when you call customer service they don’t even try to help you. They charged me fees after I transferred money. They think they are slick. Little do they know I know someone in the banking industry and they know the tricks on what they do to get extra money by holding things until it’s a lower amount then process. Worse bank!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went to a branch in Maryland last week and opened an account on behalf of my minor son in order to receive social security benefits. A few days later when I went to check on the account deposit I was told my account closed. The only reason provided was due to their rules and regulations. When I spoke to a supervisor in customer service I was told Suntrust can use their own discretion and close any account for any reason or no reason. I spent 6 hours in the social security office setting up and providing this new account information. Just to find out the next day my accounts were closed. I did nothing wrong and do not owe anyone any money.

Now I have to go back to social security and a new bank and do this all over again. DO NOT TRUST this bank!!!! They will do the same to you. I have read at least 23 other complaints about Suntrust bank doing the exact same thing to other customers. Apparently they don’t want to do business with you if it’s a social security check! BEWARE of this bank. Now I don't have any money to feed my son and get him school supplies and clothes. How can Suntrust bank keep doing this to people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I went online to open account. I usually go in to do business like that but I put my trust in it this time because I had no way so the account was open. They said I owe some cash. After I call the next day to confirm I was told it was ok so I went to the bank. Deposit the check. Once they got their cash they immediately close it. Ok I was ok. That is their rules. So I am trying to get my cash back. They said it was mailed out and it take up to 5 days. Well it's over that and now I am being told it's up to 10 now. Mmm. I have bills due and I am getting the run around. I am so very displease with them but I would like to say thanks because it is truly a learning experience. I see why my parents didn't trust putting their cash in a bank. It was not hard for them to deposit but it's hard for them to give me my cash I earn. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I opened up this checking/savings account online. My permanent address is in Miami, FL but I am Currently Not In Florida, I am in Texas for the next 6 Months for work (so there Is Not A Suntrust Branch Location In Texas & I Cannot Fly To Florida Due To Your Incompetence). When I opened this account I gave the representative the address I currently reside at in Texas and requested my Debit Card be mailed here - he said, "No problem." When I did not receive it a week later I called again and was told that my new address could not be verified so my debit card was sent to my old address in Florida, I let the rep know that I had already submitted a change of address form with USPS and he said the card should get to me fine (after all, I did receive the separate PIN number already).

Then another week and no debit card, but received a text from Suntrust saying my debit card was returned by USPS. So again I just called to asked if they could send my card to the right address. This person made no sense because I was told the only way I can get my card mailed to my new address is to fly to a state that has a branch and talk to the people there. What?? Then I was told that I needed the right kind of cellphone service because mine doesn’t match my account even though it’s the same number I opened this account with.

It’s 2018, people do not need to physically walk into a branch to get a simple address change- especially in my case where I told you from the beginning that I need my debit card sent to my present address in Texas - it’s wrong of your company to just ignore that request “for my security” and just decided to send the card to my previous address that I no longer live at. Then to not know how to help me when I called when that is exactly what your text message instructs me to do. If I can’t get my debit card mailed to the right address (the address I have with USPS) then I do not want to do business with your company. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a banking institution and you guys need to do better.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I went to the Suntrust branch located at 581 East Highway 50, Clermont, FL 34711. I used the drive thru and had to wait for over 20 minutes after I gave the deposit slip to the teller. Because it was taking so long, I pressed the call button. The teller was displeased and his answer was "If you are in a hurry, next time use the ATM machine". I have many options to do banking with; I certainly don't appreciate his rudeness. As a customer, I have the right to decide whether I want to use the teller or the ATM. I am not sure if the teller realizes that he has a job because customers like me prefer to use the teller service. I can easily bank with Ally Bank that is an online banking and it has an outstanding customer service!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had a car loan from Suntrust from Five Star Cadillac. I made two payments every month for 8 months until I called for a payoff & found out This bank does not have a special line to make extra payments, so only 3 of my payments were applied to the principal. Being very upset, I went to my bank to pay off this loan. My bank applies all extra payments to the principal balance. I lost about $1,000 because of their neglect. Please be careful.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I received a SUNTRUST credit card based upon my employment. I used the card for official purchases. I got the bill today and had a $30 late fee. I paid each bill on time. When I called to ask about the late fee they said I did not pay. I said I paid and when they confirmed the amount I had accidentally underpaid by 20 cents. I paid $756.54 vice $756.74. I explained if I was going to not pay the bill I would not have underpaid by 20 cents. I misread the amount. I have outstanding credit and have never been late with payments. I asked if the fee could be waived. They would not work with me. This bank is not people friendly. The facilities I bank with would see the 20 cent error. I will be closing the account and request my company bank elsewhere. Recommend you do not bank with SUNTRUST. After reading other reviews I should not have been surprised by the lack of personal service and people friendly associates.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have been with Suntrust for over 10 yrs. In March 2018 I noticed I had fraudulent activity from a company that does not exist. I went to the bank immediately, the bank manager could not help me at all. She told me I had to deal with the fraud department on my own. Which is not true, this is a part of her job description. I asked her to please change my checking account number. I also asked could they send me a new bank card, she said no she could not, I asked why. She said she just couldn’t (she is the bank manager). I went to her 4 different times, she refused to sit at her desk open up my account on her computer to look over the fraudulent activities that have been going on with my account.

The 5th time I went in the bank a kind gentleman who is a teller took his time, went over my account, called the fraud department which then they closed my account. Three days later my account was reopened without my consent or knowledge. I went back to the bank. The gentleman that help me before was not there, so I had to talk to the bank manager, I waited 30 minutes patiently while she was with another client. I overheard the entire conversation which wasn’t about banking. It was about personal issues while I sat there. I became extremely upset and left that branch.

I had to go to another branch to get my account closed permanently. My dispute/rebuttal is still going on, it’s been since March, this bank also charged me overdraft fees and then another extended fee in the same day which was $72 each time, plus the fraudulent activity that was going on in my account. I had to hire a lawyer! This bank manager does not care in my opinion. Also this bank has put me in debt. My money was stolen plus the bank fees that I was charged was ridiculous. I warn everyone. Do Not Deal with this bank. Also don’t trust them with your money.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I recently relocated from Alaska to the DMV area and I wanted a local bank account. So I opened an account. I did the first deposit of $100 w/ my debit card and then a few days later I deposited a check from my retirement fund for over 10k. It cleared. I went to take some money out. They gave me the runaround. They placed the check on hold. I said okay, no problem. I checked the account the following Friday. It was restricted. I called customer service. They said I needed to go into a branch to get an answer. I went into the branch. The branch manager said the account was restricted because they couldn't verify that the check was valid. I said, "Why don't I have access to my account." They said because it was new account and the check was waiting to clear and that they couldn't verify that the check was valid.

I called the retirement fund, they said the check cleared on 7/3. I went back into the branch, 20 minutes later and was advised that the account was closed due to violating the banks rules and regulations. I asked what rules and regulations. The rep said he didn't know. He gave me the number to the fraud department. I've been on the phone with them for almost an hour and still nobody can tell me what the problem or when I will receive my money back. Now they are telling me that they may cut a check in 5-10 business days and that my issue has been escalated.

I talked to the manager, she said a decision has been made to close the account and then 2 minutes later she said, a decision has not been made and I will receive a letter in the mail. She couldn't give me a time frame. I asked her what rule did I violate. She said, the bank has the right to terminate the relationship at any time for no reason. So which is it, I violated a rule or you just didn't want me as a customer? The double talk is annoying. I should have just sent it to my normal bank, but this is what happens when you try to open an account with a local bank. Stay away from Suntrust Bank!!!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I deposited 2 checks totaling more than 10 thousand in separate deposits at different times of the same day. They placed a hold of 10 days on it. One guy at the hold department told me that they had "confidential information that the check may not be paid" so I called my client and he sent me the proof that his bank was debited already for the checks. I called everybody and even went to the branch. Nothing got solved. The manager was surfing the internet (I could see his computer from where I was standing) but never try to help me. I signed the book to be called at 3 pm. There was only 1 customer service but I was next so I waited and waited. At 3:40 I left.

I don't have the time this bank requires. They have super old structure. Their app is a mess. Their customer service is crazy. And they are playing with your money for 10 days making you believe the other bank may not pay it when they already have it since day 1. Government should take a look at this bank and fined them. I need a bank that adjusts to the year we are in.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I opened an online business checking 2 months ago, and I have had nothing but problems. When I called customer service the first time to find out the status of my debit card, the person could not help me. He just kinda shrugged his shoulders. Called again. Again, no one could help. I finally received checks in the mail, and figured things were finally set up. Nope. The check I wrote was returned, because my account was "frozen". Called again. Still no answers. Just got that told that the account is frozen, but no one knows why. I have called several times with no luck. I spoke to a supervisor the last 2 times, and was told that they will forward my request to someone else. Never received a call back that I was told I would get. The service has varied from downright rude to actually seeming to care. I'm now requesting my money back, but who knows if I will ever see it again. I'm beginning to wonder if this is some kind of online scam.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was having trouble with the mobile app so I called the toll free number (ending in 8787). They tell me they don't help with that and that I have to go into the bank for assistance. I take my lunch hour and go to the bank. There is no place to sign in so you just sit and wait on someone to ask if they can help you. I sat for a short time before I got up and asked the teller if I am supposed to sign in. She told me that I don't sign in, I just sit and wait. So I continued to sit and wait. I don't know for how long, but it was enough time to realize that by the time I drive back to work my lunch hour is over.

I am upset because their customer service stinks! No one acknowledges you when you walk in the door. There is no place to sign in to let someone know you need assistance. There is no direction as to what you need to do. I truly felt out of place and as though I was an inconvenience to these people. The few dollars I have in this bank will be inconvenience to someone else. I am closing out this account.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I recently had a problem with an online payment. I was making a payment of 25.00 on one of my accounts. Seem like it worked fine and the payment was made for 25.00. I checked my bank account and the amount of the payment was showing 1348.00. Now that was way more than 25.00. When I pulled up my account, the payment was still pending. I called Suntrust to stop payment because this amount would overdraft my account. The person helping me with the problem tells me that they can not stop payment due to the case will need to be investigated. I ask why. She said, "Because you made a payment for 25.00 and the amount showing is 1348.00." So I asked how long this will take. She response 10 days. WHAT!!!

So to date, they have now charged me 216.00. I kept telling them that it would overdraft my account but no one seems to care. If the payment was still pending, why could they not just stop payment. Thanks Suntrust for the great experience. NOT. I'm still waiting on the paperwork to be emailed to me so they can investigate the payment. Is there anything I can do? I believe they should have just stopped the payment. I will be looking for a new bank!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Kept me waiting for 2 weeks for a HELOC for no reason. First they sent the application wrong. Then the loan officer didn't send the correction, then the last person is just trying to get rid of me on the phone... If you value your time, skip these people.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Been a customer at this bank since 1998. Actually opened the account at this branch. In the last 5 years, I have tried to avoid going there because the customer service was so bad. The manager(s) were bad and unprofessional and I found the tellers to lack professionalism and seem to lack training as well. For example, I overheard tellers disrespecting customers was they leave their line by discussing personal information with each other which can clearly be heard by those of us in the line. In addition, all of the tellers, I have contact with in the last year seem to lack professionalism in dealing with customer and also lacked basic knowledge of the business.

Today 6/19/2018, I went there to make a large withdrawal. The teller, Alexis ** briefly keyed in my information and then told me she could not handle my request because there was no "signature card on file". She said, "have a seat and I will get one of the managers to assist you in completing the card." Rather than protesting, as I was sure a card was on file, I sat down and waiting 15 minutes. No help can. I left this branch and went to the Branch at Friendly and was able to complete my transaction within 2 minutes no issues. I mentioned the problem I had at the Elm Street Branch and was given a print out of my signature card dated 1998. The entire interaction was professional, knowledgeable and respectable.

Then I went back to the Elm St Branch to discuss my concerns with the manager Tim **. He was totally unprofessional. Lacked empathy, never once apologized for my inconvenience and instead blamed me for being rude to him. He refused to give me a specific person to whom I can raise my complaint. So I left there and am writing this review as well as trying to contact management about this branch because they have serious issues at this branch. Not because I say so but because a little customer feedback on every interaction for one week would alert management of whats going on there. I have my retirement, IRA, saving and checking this bank but I am going to transition to another bank as fast as I can. Avoid Suntrust - especially South Elm Eugene/Florida Street in Greensboro, NC.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Closed Business Account. The worst bank ever... Do not ever bank with them or if you do then beware... They can and may close your account with no warning. These people are useless and have no brains... They are so inept and they have not advanced. No wonder the bigger banks are in total control... I foresee them selling off or being overtaken by another bigger and more efficient bank.

Updated on 06/19/2018: Following up to my last review... So we had a business account with Suntrust and 2 personal accounts. My family have been banking since 1979 with Suntrust... That didn’t matter... We had a check from our other business account which was returned because our credit card sales from that account did not clear in time for unforeseen reasons by those cc companies placing hold. Since there were auto payments that cleared Suntrust our account was in negative and we immediately covered with cash deposits and went into to the manager to explain.

She assured all will be fine until we called again to find out when our accounts will be not frozen since ALL our accounts were not accessible. She said after 10 business days all will be fine. Well come to find out after 10 business days and after not paying any of our auto debits and charging fees for extra money to them they closed all accounts and mailed us the balance in checks... No communication whatsoever... These people are on their way out. They will not last much longer with the banking competition. DO NOT EVER do any business with Sunbank aka Suntrust. You will regret and will lose your hard earned money to these crooks.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been working closely with a client of mine who is also a client of the SunTrust bank in Douglas, GA. I had the pleasure of speaking with a Mr. N. ** a few times due to us having the same client. I highly recommend working with him because he is patient, professional, and very helpful anyway he can be. If you're thinking about SunTrust, stopping thinking and open an account. You won't regret it!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I opened a account and 3 days later they canceled my account and are holding my money for 13 more days before they mail me a check for it. I deposited all my savings to open this account and now have no money as I wait. They opened the account with a sales mindset without ensuring they would keep it open. According to everyone I cannot get my funds and as far as anyone is concerned I can starve and lose my job because they are not willing to give me my money. I have to wait. So here I am no gas, no food, no money. Thanks Suntrust.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This place needs to be sued. Their banking process set me up for failure. I withdrew cash from a teller and they processed it like a check which meant it was held for 3 days making it look like my balance was larger than it was. Soon I had a pending negative balance so I rushed into the bank and deposited money to fix it. They held the deposit for 3 days, overdrafted my account and charged me $36 for each overdraft. Now, because of a whole lot of $36 fees and other fees that I don't understand (like a "returned deposit fee" on the cash I deposited), my account is now negative hundreds of dollars. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I wish I could give Suntrust bank a negative 5 stars. I recently started a small consulting firm. I applied for a business account online with Suntrust Bank on 6/5/18. I sent in a deposit and all of the requested documentation and the account was approved on 6/8/2018. On 6/9/2018, I made a deposit from my first newly acquired client. I was told that the funds would be available on 6/11/18.

The following Monday 6/11/18 I went to check my available balance and there was a message stating that I currently had no available funds. I called the bank and was told that my account was scheduled to be closed on 6/19/2018 due to violation of Suntrust rules and regulations. I asked for an explanation and there was NONE. I think that if my account is going to be closed, I should know what the violation is. I was also told that it is going to take 7-10 business days to actually close the account and another 7-10 days to receive my funds that were deposited. THIS IS NOT FAIR!!! The funds that I deposited are funds that I need to run my small business. I would really like someone from Suntrust to reach out to me with an explanation.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have bank with Suntrust for more than 5 years and this last incident takes the cake. I went into the Branch located at 5305 Windward Pkwy Alpharetta, GA to make an over the counter cash withdrawal and, I had problems. I am ** and that was one problem for the mostly Indian and ** employees. I did see one other ** woman besides myself. I provided all my credentials and still was not able to have my banking needs meet.

I was in the bank well over 37 minutes without any customer service. No one could give me any information. I requested an explanation, one was never provided. I even requested to close my account and give me all my money, once again Suntrust was illegally withholding my money. I had to call the police on Suntrust Bank. Only then, was my banking request handled. Suntrust Bank practice unfair business practices such as race discrimination, dishonesty, consumer fraud, retaliation, and theft. Suntrust should not exist. I would suggest no one bank with Suntrust. You will regret it, regardless of your race, sex, and beliefs Suntrust will take you on a horrible ride. Try another bank.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a business and I opened a business banking account with SunTrust. Worst mistake of my life. The first few checks that I deposited went right through and the funds were available the next day. I then deposited a check for over $3,000 and they put a hold on it. I'm a reasonable person. The check was from out of state (Navy Credit Union Georgia) so I understood they probably put a hold on it. No problem with that. I understand. I'm reasonable. I then deposited a check for $575 into my business account with SunTrust figuring that it would be there the next day. It was a local check from (Regents). They placed a hold on that check also.

Please understand Suntrust at Cash the same check from the same customer for the same amount 2 days prior. Now all of a sudden they're putting a hold on everything. I would not do business with SunTrust. They keep giving me this crap about it being a new account and they can do this up to 30 days or forever I guess. I will not deposit any more money into this account. I am going to go open a new account tomorrow and open it with a check that I just received from another customer for $2,500. If you bank with SunTrust you're nuts.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Suntrust deducted money from my checking account without notification or an apology. I have banked with Suntrust for more than four years with customer service going down to zero. Most of them are trained to get rid of you and proceed you to 1-800 number. The online services has improved tremendously but Accounting Department makes numerous mistakes. I filed 3 complaints against a company that countered my account more than once month. I filed 2 fraudulent charges and one end of month. I was satisfied how Suntrust credited my account after it was put in negative balance.

Suntrust accountant made a mistake calculating the charges and paid me $150.00 more than they should have. They never notified me. Just debited it from my checking account. This bank should be held accountable for their mistakes and take fall, not customers. I'm presently looking for another bank that appreciates its customers. IF YOU CAN'T MANAGE YOUR MONEY I KNOW YOU CAN'T MANAGE MINE!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Suntrust canceled my Debit Card for fraudulent activity, despite the fact that no fraudulent activity had occurred. Add to this the fact that they did not tell me it was canceled and I had ordered food at a local restaurant that I now could not pay for. So humiliating, my mother had to make a 90-mile round trip from Christmas just to bring me cash for my food. Then, when I call Customer Service, they tell me that the new card can't be sent to my mailing address... and sit down for this one... because the number of the cell phone I was calling from was not reporting an address, despite the fact that it was on record from the day I opened the account, along with my mailing address. Then, they tell me it will arrive at the branch on Thursday or Friday.

So, I call on Friday to confirm it was at the branch, and am told by the customer service department that it had been delivered and I could go pick it up. I get to the branch, and no card was received. They tell me it will arrive on Saturday, but can't give me a tracking number. So, now it's Tuesday, and still no card. But, they tell me they'll be happy to tell me when it comes in. (Keep in mind it's now 4 days late and was supposedly sent via FedEx overnight...) Still, no offer to try and locate. Now it's Wednesday, and I go to the branch, and no card still. They finally decide to re-order. In the meantime, I can't pay any bills, order anything online, pay at the pump (yes, I'm handicapped, but Suntrust doesn't care about that...), and can't pay my E-PASS tolls. (Suntrust didn't care about that either.) TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This company is super conservative when it comes to fraud. I signed up for what I thought was a secret shopper program which sent me a check that I deposited. Apparently, Suntrust detected that the check was a fraud at which point they denied me access to ALL (why all of them?) of my accounts with no warning. This happened while I was on a business trip leaving me with no access to any of my funds since I do not use credit cards. Suntrust says my funds will be released in 5 to 15 days. I talked to someone in their Client First Solutions department. Apparently, that is a misnomer since my concerns certainly were not first!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have been with this bank for over 20 yrs. And they have always had my best interest at heart. Always trying to find me ways to save and build my money. The people are always pleasant and ready to help with any questions you might have. I had to email a question a few days ago to a representative, and she called me back within 10 minutes. WOW. Now that's going the extra mile.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Do not trust the transaction history on SunTrust online banking app. After following my account from Monday to Friday I knew exactly what was purchased and when. However, when I checked my account on Friday morning SunTrust wrongly adjusted all of my transactions and the order they were placed in. In fact they charged me an overdraft fee when according to my online banking history showed a positive balance and in fact was still positive even after they took their overdraft fee. I spent over an hour dealing with AWFUL customer service.

This woman claimed she was a supervisor, however it sounded unlikely. She claimed it was my fault for not knowing what SunTrust was doing with my account behind the senses all week due to a ongoing dispute that I was never updated on. All week I was able to make purchases with an apparent negative balance that showed positive up until Friday morning. They claim that my card swiped at the end of the day caused a automatic withdrawal (which was done at 3 am) to make my account in a negative balance. Confused? Trust me I know the feeling. It is all a bogus way for them to make money. What a scam. I'll be closing my accounts.

Suntrust Company Information

303 Peachtreet St, N.E.
Atlanta
GA
www.suntrust.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business