Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Suntrust Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Silver Spring was helpful. I explained what happened at another branch of Suntrust, court documents, Greenbelt. How the the lady told me, if I did not want to wait from the branch Manager I can take it to another branch. And she was not nice about it. I asked for a HQ phone number. I called when I got home and was given the silver spring number. The silver spring office told me to bring in my documents, copies will be sent to their lawyers and I will get a response. I can live with that.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a SunTrust customer for over 8 years. I feel It is time to write a review about one of the staff working at 8700 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Md 20910. Ms. ** (Teller) at this branch always give a good service to customers. She has all the qualities required when dealing with customers whether under pressure or not. Very quick and knowledgeable. Above all she has a good manner which makes her special compared to other tellers. I always prefer to be served by her. In addition, I never experienced any big issue with SunTrust Bank so far. Hopefully I will remain to be their customer for good.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Hi, I’ve been banking with Suntrust for over 15 years and I must say, whoever came up with the concept of giving you a few days to replenish your acct without an overdraft fee deserves high praise. My family and I have been struggling financially for the past year and a half and more fees is the last thing we need. I will be forever grateful during these difficult times. Every little bit counts.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

While Suntrust, is more of a traditional bank, unless you are a business account holder, I feel that all banks (for most people) are treated as online banks. Suntrust has a fairly robust online presence and their interface, using a traditional computer browser, is full featured and fairly intuitive. Their mobile app, is above standard, comparatively to other "traditional banks" and offers good security as well as the majority of the features available on their traditional browser based counterpart. I have considered switching to an "online only" bank; however I believe the emergent nature of the online banking business is still in flux and growing. For me, 50ish, I would like to see this mature more before I make the "jump".

Original review: July 3, 2019

It was very efficient working with Lending Tree and LightStream/SunTrust Bank to obtain a debt consolidation loan. LightStream has some negative reviews, but look at the dates. All of them are older and it looks like SunTrust got their customer service act together and got serious about completing for business. At least in my experience there were no better offers, hands down. I will work with this company again in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

After opening an account in branch on Feb 11, 2020 I deposited a 4K insurance check into the account. Check cleared and just say that there a week later I received another check from insurance for 100.88 which I also went into branch to deposit. The next day I couldn’t log in to account. Go to the bank to find out account was closed the previous day after I deposited the check for 100.88. I am now stranded in another state with my kids and no money and Suntrust is refusing to release my money. They can’t give me a reason for closure and keep giving me the runaround. I haven’t even received the debit card from suntrust so I have never made any purchases. Money was just sitting until I found a new car. I’m highly upset and disappointed. I want my 4100$ and I will never do business here again. I will be escalating up to the highest power I can find and will be reviewing your banking on every site possible!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Worst bank ever. Someone in Beijing used my card ($125) and I reported fraud. They block the card and tell me they will send another. A few days later I find my account cleaned out ($2700!) by individuals using THE REPLACEMENT CARD NOT YET RECEIVED IN THE MAIL BY MYSELF. I report this new fraud and after two weeks they deny the claim. I now have to take the loss. I am absolutely STUNNED. Switching banks as quickly as possible.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Extremely long hold time on the deposit of a CASHIER'S CHECK with no reason other than vague accusations of "possible fraudulent activity" but refusal to provide their so-called evidence...not surprising, since there IS no evidence, just BS. Hold time beyond the norm is affecting the outcome of a business matter. Representative refused to provide any explanation or offer possible solutions and interrupted me constantly. Tried to speak to branch manager, was told to call legal department. Tried to call legal department, was told to call 800 number. Tried to call 800 number, was told to call branch manager. Have been with SunTrust for over 20 years. Will be closing our accounts ASAP. What a shady outfit.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My elderly mother has a safe deposit box at SunTrust by Boynton beach and Military trail. I went to visit her from NY on Wednesday 2/5/20 and spoke with the manager Ms. **. I told her that my mother could not locate her key and my mom requested that they drill the box because there were important documents related to my deceased dad that she and myself needed to view. Ms. ** told us that she would open the box on Monday 2/10/20 at 9am. When I got there she said the locksmith would not be available until after my departure on 2/12/20. That is absolutely bogus, insane and unprofessional. Worst bank experience ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I open a account with SunTrust bank at the branch on January 15th 2020. I received email saying that welcome to SunTrust banking online. Not even two days after I open the account they blocked my online access and I can't even log in into my account. I called SunTrust bank to find out why I can't logged into my account. The rep told me my account was being closed for no reason. I asked the rep to speak to Supervisor and the supervisor couldn't even tell me why my account was being. They say they have right to closed your account with notify you about your account being closed. I told the supervisor I needed answer to why my account was being closed. He couldn't even help me. SunTrust bank is the worst bank ever. They don't even tell people why they account being closed. Warning. Stay away from SunTrust and Bb&t bank because they need to investigate by Better Business Bureau.

Not sure about Suntrust?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mortgage company for you.

Suntrust Company Information