Suntrust

92%

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1,041people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Suntrust:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Check made out to cash on my account was cashed by Suntrust Bank. Suntrust Bank cashed a check payable to cash on my Capital One Checking account. Person who endorsed back of check is scammer. I need address, I only have their Suntrust account number.

On several occasions I have experienced a lack of interest from management of this bank. Don't even think of calling them, you will be treated like a pest or 'disconnected'. Even though I knew I had a more than adequate balance I experienced my debit card being denied. So I called, and was asked if I had called the number on the back of the card. She then changed her mind and said she would connect me with someone who would help me. After 5 minutes on hold, I hung up. I called the number on the back of the card and got to talk to someone who was very mechanical and checked with the "security desk". I was told there was a suspicious attempt at a purchase online, I said "THAT WAS ME".

My AC went out and I was trying to order one thru site to store and made a mistake on the input. Not serious enough to lock my debit card, but you can't communicate this to them. ALL of this could and should have been handled by the tellers but they are not allowed to make customer phone calls a priority. This was not the first time I have had an issue with blocking access to my money or phone calls. The first phone call issue was when I tried to RETURN the call of a teller who was helping me consolidate my credit cards to a Suntrust credit card, but the witch in the back would give her the message.

This mini bank is convenient, but THAT IS ALL. So now I look for another bank, maybe I can find one who isn't so twitchy. I have to give kudos to the tellers, they are the sweetest and most helpful people, but aren't allowed to answer phone calls. The first block on my card was handled without the hassle or insults; handled by a teller. After a full day on the job, having to go back out to go to the bank for a little problems like that cancels out any 'convenience' their location provided.

I had a problem with a duplicate charge on my account and needed to speak with someone. They advertise that they are available on Saturday from 8-5. I called and waited over 1.5 hours with no one answering in their side. I called back today, Monday and they answered after over an hour of waiting. The person I spoke with was rude and after being put on hold, she disconnected me. I will switching banks ASAP. A very disgusting display or lack thereof of customer service.

My son moved to Atlanta to start a new job. The job turned out to be people impersonating a company in Arizona. The impersonators sent him a check to deposit into our joint account for $6,900.00, which he did. They then told him to withdraw the money the next day and put it into a Bank of America account so the "software engineer" could purchase the hardware and software my son would need for his new job. The check of course was fraudulent. We filed a claim with the Suntrust Fraud dept. and my son also went to the Atlanta police and filed a claim. I called the Suntrust fraud dept 4 times and was never able to find out anything and they never contacted me!

It turns out after I got my bank statement almost a month later that Suntrust STOLE $6,900.00 out of my personal account to cover the fraudulent check and they are refusing to return my money to me. I am being victimized by Suntrust. They should be going after the people who wrote the bad check not me. Why did we file a fraud report with them if they just took my money without even telling me? Is this how you treat your loyal customers???

My loan was sold to Suntrust at some point - my first payment to them was March 2016. Shortly after I received notification, I called to find out what I needed to do to ensure the tax bill was paid on time. The person on the other end said that they receive the bills directly from the town and that I did not have to do anything but I could fax them if I wanted to. So I tried to fax and it kept failing so I called back. I asked if I could scan and email or upload to confirm receipt and they said "no, we don't do that here" so I asked if they had a different fax number.

As it turns out, these were supplemental bills which the town does not send directly and they needed to be faxed; I faxed in the documents in March. In early June, I receive demand for payment notification from the town indicating that if the payment was not received in 2 weeks, there would be additional fees. I was told that it would require an investigation that would take 2 weeks so I requested that it be expedited. The person told me they would submit that request. I called back a week or so later and was told that the parcel ID number on the bill was wrong and it would need to be straightened out before the bill could be paid. They said it would take another 2 weeks. This goes on and on for many weeks. I spoke with a Desi, Nathan, Laura, Sandy, Miss ** and others - I stopped taking their names as it had become useless.

I finally received a call at the end of July to let me know that it had been paid. It cost me an additional $100 in fees that they were unwilling to take responsibility for. When I finally received the notification, I called the town to confirm. The town had no record of payment (which I later found out that the only the request for payment had been submitted) and furthermore informed me that the regular tax bill had not been paid and was also late. It is now mid-August and I have yet to hear back. Now another payment was due on 8/1 and my bet would be that it also has not been paid. I wish I could fire them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

They are absolute criminals. They don't show things as being processed on online banking on the day they supposedly "go through" until the next day and then they purposely rearrange things to cause you to overdraft. In addition to that, they charged me an overdraft fee for an item that is still pending. The customer service they outsource to whatever country is laughable. You'll be on hold for 30 minutes before they even answer and then they refuse to acknowledge that the transaction has not gone through and will not return the fee.

Their lack of communication and business etiquette is appalling. I have had a business account with them for 20 years. 20 years I have been doing the same type of deposits and transactions. Two days ago they decided out of the blue that "something with a deposit was not right." That was the branch manager's exact words according to their fraud department. No one contacted me to notify me of a problem. They just decided to freeze my account after I deposited $10,000. I found out when I tried to log into my account.

When I called all I was told is that the fraud department flagged our account and froze it, are closing it and they would send us a check! This is a business I have bills to pay. So in the meantime they have my money and are declining all my online payments. We are a service company and we deposit 20-50 check daily, have been for the last 20 years. We did nothing different. The branch manager basically said the same as the phone representative, no real reason as to why and that we would have to wait for our $10,000 to be mailed to us.

On 8/4 we made a mobile deposit of $1000 via the app. On Friday we were trying to ensure the funds were available, and noticed our account had been closed. Upon contacting Suntrust we were told that our account was set to a "no debit status" and the check we had deposited was being held until the 11th because they received "confidential information" that the check was not good. I was told that after the 11th they would hold the money for 5 more business days and then a check would be mailed to me within 7 to 10. That means this money would not be available to me until around the 25th of August. This is a paycheck.

I was contacted by Audrey ** on 8/9 due to me tweeting about this issue. She stated that Suntrust contacted the financial institution where the check was written from and we're told that the funds were available. She stated that this was not enough information for them to release the $1000 to us. I was then able to provide her with a copy of the canceled check where it had cleared on 8/5. I was then told that this would still need to be reviewed by their "back office." Because of them not allowing my family to have this money we have overdrawn our other account, and have accumulated fees and have not been able to pay our rent. All because Suntrust made a false assumption.

ATM not working is a continual problem. Just in the last 6 months, I have incidents that have caused overdraft fees. I monitor my account daily and when I notice that if an item has not cleared and I need to put money in my account to prevent overdraft I deposit cash. I go to the outside ATM, insert my card, the ATM freezes up and won't release my card. The employees at the branch can't release my card and a remote service has to fix it. The employees wave at me when they leave but say if I have any items bounce they will refund the fees. I wait over an hour and finally my card is released and the ATM shuts down and I can't make my deposit and I get overdraft fees, but they reimburse.

Another time, I have tried to deposit cash trying to beat the 9pm deadline and get to the ATM at 8:45 but it is broke and the nearest ATM is 45 min round trip. 6 debit transactions hit and Suntrust refused to refund all of the multiple fees assessed because they have already given me my "get out jail card." I am like it was refunded because your ATM was broke and your broken ATM caused this!!! This scenario plays out 4 more times because I really did not want to the hassle of changing, but I left this week and Suntrust employees do care that they my family's accounts.

This company is not tech savvy like the other banks. Transactions take forever to clear and post. I tried to dispute 3 extended charges on my account which were faulty on their part. They wouldn't work with me. How can you continue to charge someone's account 3 36.00 extended draft fees with no concrete evidence. Slowest bank EVER!!! I should have listened to my wife and never signed up with this bank. Thankfully we are with B.O.A and NAVY FEDERAL. We will be closing all of our personal accounts as well as our business accounts.

On 7/25/16 I called my local branch office and ask for information to add my daughter and remove my wife (deceased on 5/22/16) for my accounts. The representative said to bring in I.D. for my daughter and nothing required for my wife. On 7/28/16 I went to the bank and explained why I was there to the branch manager/Ass. Vice president (latoya **). She stated I couldn't and my daughter had to be there in person and I needed a death certificate for my wife. I explained what they told me earlier that week. She still refused. I became irritated and requested to close my accounts. She refused to release my money. I asked to see the clerk to withdraw my money. She refused again saying she was her supervisor and not allow her to assist me. I ask her for her supervisors name and number. She wrote down a name and number. I called 3 times and left messages. No response.

I have been a Bank of America customer for 15 years. When my boyfriend and I decided to open a joint account, he convinced me to open one with SunTrust. We authorized them to move $500 from his account to ours as this is the minimum balance. They moved $500 to the new account but took $600 out of his. It took them weeks to figure out what happened and return the $100 to his account. That was just strike one.

I chose my PIN number in person at the bank, using the machine. I'm 100% sure of the PIN. When I received my debit card in the mail, however, that PIN didn't work. I called and asked them to send me a copy of the actual PIN via mail. I got it (it was some random number I never would have chosen) and tried that PIN. THAT PIN didn't work!! How does that even happen? How does your system send the wrong PIN to your card? That's terrifying to me and shows how messed up their systems are. I'm removing my money and canceling my account ASAP.

This bank is really going downhill. I checked my online statement yesterday and it showed a $36.00 charge for being TEN CENTS overdrawn, with a note that if it wasn't brought current by the next day they were going to charge another $36.00 for an extended overdraft! This isn't the time they have pulled something like this, but it is the worst. They have rearranged the order of checks that have come in up two days after they have cleared to be able to charge a late fee if something else comes in later.

Two years ago they also shut my debit card off when I was in the Bahamas, thinking it was stolen. They said they tried to call me to verify it and sent a letter but I didn't respond, so they kept declining everything. This is financial profiling. I have a gold VISA debit card, which is supposed to be good worldwide. I had also gone to the bank and informed them that I was going on a cruise on those dates. Their response at the bank? It was for your protection. Gee thanks.

I just got off a fifteen minute on/off hold asking for a customer service address at Suntrust's Corporate Headquarters in Georgia where I could send a letter about my "customer service experience". This address is not known to call center agent, nor to his supervisor--or even a phone number to call. I am concerned for actual customers of this bank because I would not want my sensitive personal information available to employees who cannot answer this very basic question.

My sister in law was a customer of SunTrust. I am trying to help my brother wrap up her affairs. I spoke with Amy today about the problem we are having, and after a brief conversation with Amy, her final comments on the problem were if my sister in law had her accounts set up correctly before she passed away, beneficiaries and all of that, we would not be having this problem. I doubt Cheryl was thinking about the status of her bank accounts the afternoon of December 4, 2015 when she ended her life.

I retained an attorney to handle Cheryl's affairs in January of 2016. We are filing a Summary Administration in Florida because Cheryl had an estate worth less than $5000 when she died, and probate is not necessary. Cheryl did have some money in a savings account, the last statement the total funds in this account are less than $5000 but we do not have the exact amount, which is needed in order to file the Summary Administration. SunTrust keeps quoting statutes that apply to Probate proceedings and will not release any information about her accounts to the attorney that has been retained to handle this process. Now we will have to file in court a petition for SunTrust to appear and be ordered by the judge to release this information. We will have to pay additional fees for this process, as well as wait another three months because the Probate Court is backlogged with cases.

It is difficult for me to believe that there is not an individual at SunTrust who could look at this situation and make an intelligent decision, especially since they are holding a loan that remains unpaid because this process is so goofed up. The privacy rights of my deceased sister in law are a non-issue. Following Cheryl's death, we advised SunTrust of her passing. They would not shut down the accounts until we brought in the death certificate, which was not released by the Medical Examiner for a number of days.

SunTrust had no problem allowing auto debits to hit the account and no problem charging over $700 in fees and overdraft charges to this deceased customer (her employer immediately discontinued direct deposit of her last paycheck) We had to bring the death certificate in to the bank twice before proper notifications were done and the accounts were closed. Difficult enough to deal with the passing of a family member, especially a very sudden and tragic death.

It seems to me I'm not the only one with this issue. Yesterday on Monday, everything was cleared and posted. Today I wake up with everything that was posted yesterday posted in a different way through online banking and the bank charged me two overdraft fees. I only use this account for bills and online purchases, so I check every day.

I spoke with customer service, they apologize and went through as of yesterday I was at this balance (what was showing currently today) which I disagreed with because yesterday the transactions were posted differently. I told them something is not right with their computer system or something because in two days everything showed up differently and now I have to pay for overdraft that I do not feel is my responsibility. I informed them this was not the first time, also informed them of this site with similar complaints, and I will be closing my account. They were absolutely fine with that. That will include my checking and two savings accounts.

I absolutely hate this bank. I have only had the account for a couple of months and was terrible from the start. My daughters have an account with them as well. One of them deposited her check a hold on a check that she has deposited before. What was supposed to be 7 days was really 8. Huge inconvenience because she had things that needed to be paid. All we kept hearing is its policy we have to make sure it's not fraud. This is the worst bank I have ever banked with.

I had a Suntrust account from when I was in college because my mom's company had a deal with them and she was able to get me free checking with them which was great and at that time many years ago they were a good bank. My account started to get hacked a few years ago and a good portion of my cash would go missing and I would end up bouncing my automatic payments I had set up. I would report it and what started to make me realize that the bank was no long about the customer was when they closed my account, gave me the money back that was stolen, but still made me pay the late fees saying that it was my fault... Well needless to say I left Suntrust and went to PNC and couldn't be happier with that choice. I still however own a Suntrust Credit Card and for the most part I didn't have a problem with them...

Until recently, I got notice that I was "late" on my payment to them which I knew to not be true so on 7/26/2016 at 9:30am I called in to complain as I had my banking info up and showed that my payment all cleared before the 20th due dates. The lady on the phone was very combative and kept telling me that I did not know how things worked and because of bill pay that even if I sent early and my bank clears my payment to Suntrust on the 17th doesn't mean that it was paid to my account on time...

I fail to see how them not applying the proper payment on the proper day is my fault, needless to say I fought that with her and she said "fine I will reverse the late fee but you have to pay it for this month and next month" and then it would be reversed and my September payment would be back to normal... HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?!? If I could give them negative stars I would but the minimum I can do is 1 star and warn anyone who thinks Suntrust might be a good idea to be so very deeply wrong.

SUNTRUST is by far the WORST company and bank I've ever worked for or used. The management is horrible and lazy in the in-store locations. They show favorite and I've had to speak with HR on discrimination twice. If you are strong-willed and motivated this isn't the company for you. You will only be attacked. Very unprofessional management (which is why I left) very sarcastic and they don't care if you are properly trained. They just care about making money and getting people credit cards because the workers get paid for every account opened and credit card approved... THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!!! You've been warned...

Absolutely horrible Bank. They've lost deposit checks and then charged me $35 per item not cleared due to their mistake. $10,000 was stolen from my account on a debit card skimming device. It has been over 30 days and they have not returned my money nor my phone calls. I have been into the branch multiple times. I have talked to the people in India almost every day and get the same BS answers. They claim they'll prioritize my account. They even have held checks from their Bank from my customers they bank with. This is a very poor run Bank. It's obvious they don't give a ** about their customers. Do not put your money in this bank. It is a huge mistake.

I had my account hacked into... Not once but twice since April. I got the money back the first time. The 2nd time I had to stay on them repeatedly to give my money back to me. The investigator called and did a phone interview and the following Monday I received an email stating that they had denied my claim "Because my phone interview was unstable!" Seriously... I don't think so. So I had to send in a rebuttal form and state why I felt they needed to return my money... First of all, they illegally opened up the wrong account for me so I could receive the $200 for opening a new account. I'm supposed to receive that by August 6th but because my balance isn't in the positive I can't get it. It's not in the positive because someone took 1200 dollars from me so all the checks I wrote (5 of them) were returned unpaid because of this.

And each one of the checks have came out about 7 times a piece now causing me to owe over $1100 to the bank in fees only. I'm calling Fox 5 to report it because they need to be closed down. This is unethical and illegal on so many levels. We trust them to keep our money safe and if something happens it's like pulling teeth to receive anything back. I was saving my down payment for my car until I needed to pull it out... Now all of my bills are behind and I have nothing to call back on. Thanks Suntrust.

I've been a customer of Suntrust for nine years. I am sick to death of them stealing my money!! THREE times in the last two months, they have charged me $144 in overdraft fees on a positive balance!! INSANE!! Not only that but they have closed all of the branches that are closest to me. The only one left is 40 miles away! These people are sycophants!! They suck the money out of your account for no reason and refuse to give it back!! I have to leave work early again today to go there, to dispute this, again, and close this god-forsaken account. DO NOT open or keep an account with them! You will regret it!! They also closed my savings without notification or an explanation.

I opened an account at Suntrust Willow Lawn branch in Richmond, Va. in Dec 2015. I have never bounced a check at Suntrust Bank. I recently received a letter from Suntrust via regular mail and today (7-7-16) received a certified letter from Suntrust stating that they will be closing my checking account.

As stated in the letter "Suntrust reviews its products, client relationships to ensure that we are able to provide the best client service while meeting our corporate business objectives. There are circumstances where we will identify a specific account relationship that no longer meets these criteria. In the best interest of our clients and Suntrust, we will request that those accounts be closed. As a result of an recent review, we regret to inform you that Suntrust is no longer able to provide some of the financial services you require. We request that you close your Suntrust deposit account by July 29, 2016. Our request does not include your installment loans, home equity loans/lines (or credit card attached to a home equity line), mortgages, or IRA accounts. We appreciate the opportunity to have served you."

This is direct from the certified mail I just received today. Plus, I had to sign at the post office to receive this certified letter. I went to the Hull Street Branch and talked with La'Tora ** at the Hull Street Branch and the branch manager Desiree **. Both ladies were very professional and kind to me, but couldn't understand why I received this letter certified mail today. She made a copy of the letter and told me she will follow up with me as to why I received this letter. She looked over my account and told me that there is no reason for the closure of my account at the bank. I shared with Desiree that I lived in California and recently moved back to Richmond, Va to assist my mother who was ill. I told her that I am joint on my mother's account at one of the top 5 banks in the USA and showed her my debit card from that bank. I also told her and showed her my debit card from a credit union located in Southern California.

I had been thinking that there is no need to have multiple bank accounts at different banks. Oh, I was so wrong!!! I shared with her that I am grateful that I didn't close my account at the credit union and I had a backup checking account outside of Suntrust Bank. I am sharing this experience with everyone that these big banks don't care about anyone but their own interests and their own bottom line in making a profit at our expense. This is a personal wake-up call for me and anyone who will read my post to do your banking at a credit union where their motto is "people helping people." I shared with Desiree that I am not mad and I will close down the account, but I wanted an explanation as to why they are closing down my checking account. I have done nothing to warrant this action from Suntrust Bank.

In my possession, I have a copy of my monthly statements from Dec 2015 and my final receipt from today showing that my account has a zero balance. Plus, the bank has shared with me numerous times, that I am prequalified for a credit card at Suntrust Bank. Do they really think I will accept a credit card from them? I am grateful that I already have a credit card from the credit union located in California. I just want to thank Suntrust Bank for this experience. They saved me from getting a mortgage and a credit card from this bank. I am not mad, I am just grateful for being able to see Suntrust Bank with their mask off. Long live Credit Unions. I will keep my receipt and my letter from Suntrust Bank. I know that slander is real and a person can be sued for it. I have my proof if I ever need to prove it. THANK YOU SUNTRUST BANK. :)

I've had this account about 4 months. Every month they have restricted my account for some reason or another. Last month it was a change in spending habit. Now this month my account is being closed for a reason I don't know yet because I'm waiting on a letter. They have my daughter's and my disability payment for the month being held hostage till such time as they send a check. When that will happen I have no clear answer to since everyone I speak with says something different. Angry yes I am to say the least. I have read the same horror stories from many of you about this bank. I have an 8 year old to care for and they shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want with my money.

Updated 7/8/2016 - Well I was told at 9 am my account would remain open because I was vindicated of any fraud. They got me anyway. All day long they said my funds would be back in my account by 5pm. Now it's 12am and won't post til tomorrow or Monday. I've been made a complete fool of again. They won't get me next month because I changed my SSDI deposit to another account last week when this mess started.

I work my butt off all week only to find out that Suntrust has charged me many overdraft charges on a positive bank balance. I called the call center and they explained in some twisted way that basically they hold pending charges so that they can get the most overdraft fees at the end of the day. I am furious! This has happened before. How unethical. I am done with banks period. If anyone knows of a class action against these thieves please let me know!

On May 24, 2016 that morning I received my SunTrust accounts alerts as usual and all was okay. Later on that day I received another alert informing me saving account had fallen below a set amount. I went to log in online and was able to, so I called; then I was informed that my accounts had been but under investigation by the special fraud department and there was no other information that could be given to me. I should receive a letter within 10 days of this action, but in the meantime I have no access to online, bank card deactivated, checking and saving is frozen. Should I require more information, I should go into anyone of the local branches.

Well, 10 days pass no letter. While in the meantime I did go into a local branch and the gentleman there tried to help me, only to be told the same thing I was told on the phone. So why tell me to check with my local branch for more information when in fact they are being told the same thing as me? 15 days later I finally received a letter dated June 1, 2016. This letter had nothing to do with my current check and saving account. In fact, it referenced an account that I closed after I made sure the balance was 0. This account I called the bank after I notice unauthorized activity and later on the bank sent a letter stating they closed the investigation since the transaction never hit my account.

I go back into a local branch because now this letter I just receive on an account which I closed has impacted my current accounts to be explained to me and here it is. The banker still can’t explain it no other than to tell me to call the number and asked for the fraud department and someone should be able to tell me what is going on. Also, that my money in my current checking and saving accounts should be returned to me within 15 days. Okay, so I call still no answer as to why this has happened. “No other than violation of SunTrust rules and regulations and you should be receiving a check from your accounts.” Well finally, I did receive another letter on June 15, 2016 dated June 10, 2016. This time it did refer to my current accounts; stating my accounts were closed due to violation of SunTrust rules and regulations.

I don’t know what violation they are referring to no other than trying to tie this with my old account and still same thing. I should receive my money from my accounts within 15 days. Well, today is the 25th of June 2016 and I still had not received my money back that now has been on hold for month. It does not make sense for this bank to tie up people money like this. When the consumers owe the bank, they give you so many days before they take on extra fees. This bank does not bother to contact the consumer if something is wrong. It just so happened I stayed on top of my accounts because of the alerts I setup and when I noticed something was wrong I notified the bank.

I help a friend. He needed to put down a deposit for his auto insurance. All of a sudden then I've been penalized each month for his payment. They took over 3 months totaling $555 so I try to rectify with the insurance company. They told me my friend needed to call which they and myself unable to reach him... So I disputed. I got back my money June 7th so here we go again. On June 17 the insurance took out his payment and today the fraud dept reverse the charge back to insurance company so I'm out my pay check and my account is overdrawn. Mad as hell. I went to the back while I had some dumb guy on the phone even though I did not authorize the charge. They told me there's nothing they can do... Wow. I'm ready to close my account. Customer service is no help like they reading a script. Stay far away from this bank!

So I have been with this bank for years and someone put a charge $777.44 and it had the wrong exp date and it still went through. Now they tell me it will be 10 days before they can tell me anything and they act like it's my fault. I was on the phone for 3 hours and got nowhere. Crappy customer service. I will have bounced checks and everything over this.

I made a rather large deposit from Suntrust Retirement solutions to SunTrust bank in Apopka Florida. 24 hours later they have no record of my deposit. I am in the process of contacting the FTC and any other law enforcement agencies that would deal with theft or gross negligence of this nature. Simply put SunTrust is either run by crooks or they are grossly incompetent.

My husband went to a local Suntrust to get funds from a business line of credit. He was there for 45 minutes, and left without anything because they had NO idea on how to do it. He'll go to the main branch, we'll see if they know what they're doing! This is their problem, they need to train their staff in aspects of performing all banking needs for both personal and business. But it seems that the main goal to them, is cross selling other products. They can't keep their help, because when they train them, they really don't mention the "selling", so after several months they quit.

I can also say from a personal experience, that it isn't any better. I have gone to the main branch and stood in line with several people in front of me, and only "ONE" teller working. At that point, I will go and use the ATM, and I have seen people leave, and/or make a comment about how bad this bank is. When I have more time, I will change banks....

I am going through a fraud case with this bank due to a check that was deposited into my account via mobile deposit from another phone. When I first saw this deposit of $991.89, I knew that it was error and did not touch the money thinking this was the bank's fault. I figured like any other bank that they would put the deposit on hold and then notify me of their error. Well, guess what... They froze my entire account and I cannot touch any of the funds that are rightfully mine. I have called I don't know how many different people in the fraud department with getting a different answer each day. I went into the bank itself and spoke with the branch manager which also said there was nothing that could be done and that I would just have to wait out the process.

Now once the case is resolved they keep telling me that they will then cut me a check of what is due to me if any and that will take another 7 to 10 business days on top of the 7 to 10 business days for the case to be closed. Now any person with a brain can see that the phone number is not mine and that I did not have anything to do with this. They are making me feel like I am the criminal. Funny thing is that if I was a person that would do wrong, wouldn't I when I first noticed the deposit, run and take the full amount plus the money that was mine originally? Now because of this bank I getting bills canceling me and if I don't pay my rent I will be getting evicted. All I am asking for is my funds that belong to me. Nothing else.