1.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

551 Suntrust Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Opened a checking and savings account online in September. Everything was going great, great service, easy deposits and never had an overdraft. I began receiving unemployment from Texas. My first payment was sent in the form of a treasury warrant because they had not verified my account before my first payment. I mobile deposited my the treasury warrant on 11/13/17 and was completely shut out of my account, debit card being declined on 11/14/17 with all funds frozen. Please note I had plenty of funds available even before this mobile deposit. I called the number and all I was being told was I violated rules and they were eliminating ties with me.

Next morning I went into a local branch because I still was unsure what happened. The woman at the branch made a call and really told me they had a hold on my account until the mobile deposit cleared then they would review and start the closing process but could not tell me when I would have my money or why my account was frozen. I never keep cash so I had no money and was told I could not touch the funds in my account and would just have to wait. Please note I had holiday plans and Thanksgiving is days away but I can’t access my funds. I go into a different branch on 11/17 because I received a letter stating the bank had a tip that the State of Texas treasury warrant was counterfeit. The guy at this branch was very helpful but still couldn't get any info.

The bank told me I needed to find out how they could verify the warrant and to let them know. I spent hours on the phone and found the exact number to call and verify the treasury warrant and gave it to the bank. An hour later the bank called and said they need something in writing stating it was a treasury warrant from Texas so they could keep it on file. I guess the actually treasury warrant I brought in (the one mobile deposited) was not proof enough for them. At the end of the day nothing had been taken care of even after 6 people from the State of Texas spoke with the various people from the bank. Here we are 11/21/17 and I call the exact verification number I gave the bank to call to verify the warrant.

It was a simple call to verify and I spoke with a very friendly woman who knew the fiasco I had been through last week. Funny thing is I found out the treasury warrant was paid and funds transferred to Suntrust Bank on 11/14/17 the same day they froze my account. This was the biggest crock of bull I have ever had to deal with. They froze my account and now closed my account leaving me waiting for a check from them right for NO REASON at all.

The treasury warrant they claimed was counterfeit was paid before they even started any of this. They have definitely made things very difficult for me just before Thanksgiving and because of their mistake, I’ve been punished and will be spending the holidays alone because I can’t travel home. Also since they locked me out of my account, I’m not exactly sure how much money I had in my checking account so I’m not sure they will send me everything that is owed to me. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK, THEY ARE AS CROOKED AS THEY COME! SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF TROUBLE AND STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I just checked my account and seen I had $100 of overdraft charges on my account. I added and readded and the amount of money I had in my account was enough to cover my charges. My account jumped from having a positive amount to negative with 3 overdraft fees which I should never have been charged. The amounts totally don't add up and doesn't even make any sense at all. Thank God I was able to take photo shots with my 2nd phone to have my proof. Praying they will correct this error. I also sent order out at bank for checks 2 months ago twice and still have not received them. The only overdraft I should have is for a $40 ATM withdrawal. I should have had $4.55 in my account leaving me in negative $35.45.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

SunTrust Bank is the worst bank and has illegal and unethical practices. Several different times I have been charged overdraft fees when money is available in my account. After admitting fault, they reversed the charges however the most recent time SunTrust refused to give me the overdraft money back when it clearly showed funds available. I am actually trying to find an attorney that specializes in consumer fraud that is willing to go against this unscrupulous company in arbitration. Their practices are ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have kept a savings and a checking account with Suntrust for almost 4 years. About a month ago, I applied for a small personal loan and was denied. So I applied with a couple different banks and was approved both times. My credit score is over 700 and I have no bankruptcies on my record. Not sure why I'm being denied. Also, Suntrust's business hours in my town aren't convenient. Open from 9 to 4 Mon - Thurs and 9 to 6 on Fri. Closed Sat and Sun. How do they expect working people to do their banking during those times?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been banking with Suntrust for 10 years and for the first few years I was content with service. Over the past 6-7 years there have been many issues that have come up that require several phone calls, speaking with several people to resolve. Most recently I deposited a 6k check in my bank, a check from a public state college. For some reason they placed the check on hold for 8 days, and after speaking with 5 different outsourced bank representatives NO ONE can give me a straight answer as to why the check is on hold and won't clear.

This check was not written out of some personal checking account by Joe Blow up the street, as this was a check from a University, a state institution. I called the institution that issued the check and they were showing that check has no issues and should have been cleared next day. Due to this "hold" my account is now -300, as I have autodraft bills that were processed. The bank shows that I have a current balance of 6596, but an available balance of -300. And there are over 100 dollars in overdraft charges.

I have never dealt with this before in my life, not having access to your money for over 8 days, after being a Suntrust customer for 10 years is unacceptable! Their outsourcing of calls is a nightmare, and you either can't understand who you are talking to or they act like they have no idea what you are talking about. For example, I have spent 3-4 hours on the phone with five different overseas representatives and had several different stories to find out what was preventing my payment from processing when money was in the account. I have already changed banks and couldn't be happier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Opened a small business account in person in January 2017, and at no time did the banker disclose to me that this type account came with Overdraft fees disguised as $38/incident NSF charges. It was my understanding that that type practice was ended in 2010 when 5/3 bank was slapped with a class-action lawsuit regarding their misuse of that criminal-type system by rearranging debits and credits forcing an account into overdraft. I am now being told that you are only required to opt-in on their consumer accounts. To add insult to injury, some of their ATM and purchase debits are held for as long as two days leaving one to believe that they have a higher balance than their system reports which of course leads to Overdraft fees. Needless to say that I have terminated my relationship with them and I look forward to the day when I receive a class-action invite for this institution.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

In August I went to the branch to change my variable rate home equity loan to a fixed rate. I was told that I had to go through the process to apply for a completely new line of credit. At that time I told them I owned a B&B. For the next two months I dealt with the loan center losing paperwork over and over again, with the branch resending it multiple times. I called 15 times to check on the progress and got conflicting information each time. The loan officer would not return my calls... ever! They finally said they had reviewed my income and ordered an appraisal.

After I called to check on the progress again, I was told that they couldn't give me the loan because I owned a B&B, which they knew from day one! The people at the branch knew nothing of this rule. Finally I spoke to the only knowledgeable person at Suntrust, Sherry, who told me that all I had to do to get a fixed rate was talk to Josh who would do it over the phone for me, which took less than 5 minutes! That is all I wanted to do from the beginning and instead the unknowledgeable, untrained employees of Suntrust wasted my time and money for two months! This was the most frustrating experience ever and once this loan is paid off, I will never deal with Suntrust again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Several different times I have been charged overdraft fees when money is available in my account. Most recent time Suntrust refused to give me the overdraft money back when it clearly shows I had money available.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I transferred $7500 from my Bank of America account to my another bank account on November 2nd 2017. The money was withdrawn from by BofA account the same day. However I was not allowed access to the money and was told it was not available to me for one week. The money is there and they not allowing me to use it. The gentleman Mr.R. ** who spoke vaguely mentioned the fact that the "large amount" deposited might not been legal and so the bank was holding on to it. They had not evidence as to the veracity of the claim.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Worst bank I have ever encountered! Several times I have made deposits with this bank and the money NEVER showed up in my account! The tellers at the windows are very very rude, I had cash one time and she told me next time I need to come in and do a deposit. UM NO??? If I want to use the drive-through I CAN! I am livid with this bank and dissatisfied is an understatement. If you want your money stolen and to be treated with disrespect go to this bank!

The branch managers are pushy and persistent on trying to have me open a credit card and when I decline they had called my number and left over at least 12 voicemails, HARASSMENT! I will no longer bank with Suntrust, this bank has pushed me to the edge and has caused unnecessary stress into my life and I have also wasted time on the phone trying to get my money back that never showed up in my account yet the teller gave me a receipt for my deposit, so what does that mean? Is there a glitch in the system? Is my money being stolen? I CANNOT TELL, but what I can say is I don't trust this bank at all and will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Bank assessed overdraft fees for money that was in my account with a positive balance. Can show proof. Bank argues it's not an error. But through transaction history I can show it's the bank's error. I never had a problem with this bank. Used to be a good bank that cared about their customers and not their pockets. I'm 1700 miles from the nearest SunTrust bank and they give no leeway at all any more.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

When we first got a credit card through Suntrust, we set up online banking to be able to pay our bill online, but we never set up automatic payments. Three times they took funds to pay the credit balance from our account, three times we checked online to make sure we had not set up automatic payments and called customer service, asking them to correct the error. After a while, we paid a significant expense on the card, and again they withdrew the funds from our checking account without authorization--over $5000--which demolished our checking account.

We called customer service to reverse the charges, and they refused to admit to any error on their part, saying that we needed to change our passwords for online banking since a hacker was logging in and paying our balance online. They also refused to reverse the charges electronically, choosing instead to mail a payment. It has not yet arrived, 25 days later at this point--this is all of the money we have. The repeated errors combined with this final, honestly, inhumane response, have caused us to resolve to cancel the card once we receive the repayment.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Today I had an issue about a fee that was taking out of account that I already discussed with the billing company about how I don't have it in my account yet until payday. They said they wouldn't take it out until my payday. Well now I had a -$22.00 in my account. So I call Suntrust to see if I had to pay an over withdrawal fee and they said only if I pay 22.00 that day before 9 pm. Ok well I don't have 22.00 till payday. They said, "Ok well the money for the bill will be taken out along with the overdraft fee." I said, "I cannot afford that cause I have to pay rent and if I don't have rent I am basically homeless." The lady didn't care and said, "Well I already explained to you about the overdraft fee."

I got upset crying and I told her I wanted to speak to a manager. The manager got on the line and I explained again what had happened. She said, "Well I will call LA Fitness on a three way and you talk to them and see if they can stop credit on my account until the day I get paid." So we called and the LA Fitness associate told me that the manager won't be in until 9 so we hung up. And the manager said, "I don't know what to do from here. But you still have to pay the $22.00 dollars by 9 pm today to avoid the overdraft fee." I got upset and told her that "I Have been a faithful customer to the bank and y'all just don't care." And I said, "As soon as I get this paid (borrowing money from a friend) I am going to close my account."

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I received a debt collector letter in the mail stating I owed Suntrust $1232.00. I saw this exact same letter 2 years ago, but threatened to bring legal Action if they didn't remove my name from the debt. 2 yrs later, I get another letter and it states they want to resolve it by offering for me to pay $600. This is a huge scam! I called Suntrust this evening and they would not disclose what the debt was for, but said they would have their fraud team look at it. I have since asked them to call my Attorney and I'm seriously considering suing them for fraud.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I have been with Suntrust for 3 years. I have learned with them never to let your account run too low as they will rearrange the way the money comes out of the account to overdraft you. On Sept. 29th I deposited my check 240. My online banking said current balance and available balance was $257 so I proceeded to use my debit card as funds were available. (But see they didn't know I print my online account twice a day). When I went to the gas station I used the card as debit for $11 and again at the parts store $45 debit, $40 out to dinner, $40 gas, $7, I can't remember the other two but say $20 and $50... So I spent $213 out of the 257 available but they overdrafted me for each and every one of those $216. Plus had taken two of the same payments out with the same confirmation number 328 twice.

When I made a cash deposit on the same day of 306 at the ATM at 345 they tried to overdraft me again saying I didn't make my deposit until after 545. Little do they know I save my receipts also. When I called they would only reimburse me 2 of them the next day. So I called again and made then go over with me and told them I print my online banking twice a day and that money was available. Then they say I was right and say they will refund me my other four and since there was such a error all my overdrafts. So they put the other 4 back in, plus had to delete the item they tried to deduct 2x. This bank is awful. Then I get 8 more overdraft refunds $288 and I have a total of 315 in my account. I go withdraw $300 on Friday at 1:00 for vacation.

Well this scumbag bank goes in my account after 4 on Friday and takes back 1 overdraft refund at a time and overdrafts me for each one they take back. They put it in my account in one lump sum but take it back individually to overdraft me 6 more times. Now they state I owe them $497. I had to cancel my vacation and get reimbursed to clear up my account that they are screwing me on since Sept. 29 - Oct. 16th. Well once I show them I have a lawyer my account is put back to the way it should be and I have the vacation money back and like magic I am in the positive. People if you are with Suntrust save your receipts and print your online banking. You need proof, this bank are a bunch of thieves.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I opened an account Friday the 6th with a deposit from my debit card. Sent confirmation email, and then on Monday got the mobile app, it would not open kept saying, "Sorry for inconvenience mobile site is down." This went on until Thurs the 12th. Then when opening app it then stated my username and password did not exist. I called customer service to find out what was going on and was told Suntrust decided not to bank with me and would be mailing me back my deposit. I asked 1. Why I had no communication about this? 2. Why my money would not be put back on my debit card since that was how I deposited it? Transferred to three people, all of which just read scripts. Ended up on the phone with a woman named Tequila who just kept repeating, "It could take up to five business days ma’am." So Suntrust held onto my money from the 6th until possibly the 17th, with no contact to me at all!!! I’ve never had such an experience with a bank!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Suntrust bank failed to submit payments to my Suntrust Mortgage. I just received several checks that Suntrust Mortgage Escalation Resolution Team Nichole ** made up. I have never seen any checks. I was informed these checks were sent to Seterus somewhere in CA. Still fighting for the truth. I'd like to locate and retrieve all of the mishandled funds, along with the proper recordings to Bristol County Registry of Deeds. And recover my credit history. Where can I submit my proof of facts? Please help me out of this mess. Thanks.

Updated on 10/12/2017: Suntrust Update. Hi it's Deirdre **, September 29, 2017 I received a package from SunTrust Mortgage Escalation Resolution Team Nichole **. The material has been altered. Cut, Copied & Pasted. 100% Falsified & Forged. SunTrust bank 'Failed'. This has gone too far. My SunTrust Dispute is extremely difficult & time consuming. I really need an end. I'm afraid I'm looking it. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have been a SunTrust Bank customer for 8 years. 3 months ago my debit card was denied after I unloaded a grocery cart full of items at the checkout counter. Even though I had not only enough money to clear the transaction, but several more hundreds of dollars in my checking account. Still it was denied. Embarrassed, I excused myself from the checkout counter and proceeded to call SunTrust to identify the problem. After being put on hold several times, being disconnected several more times, I finally was connected to a young lady who spoke very broken English, possibly of Near Eastern accent. After explaining to her the problem, she finally released my funds and could not tell me why they were being held in the first place. However, she told me she would "file a report."

The next day, I went directly to the local branch to speak with the Branch Manager. She was out, so they put me in touch with the Assistant Branch Manager. He went into the main accounting systems and could not identify the reason why my funds were frozen, after searching for over 45 minutes. He did say, "I will file a report" as well. He guessed that it might have been denied access to my funds because there might have been some sort of "identity theft" in the grocery store. But, he could not be sure and was equally as confused as I was. Three weeks later I receive a formal corporate letter from their headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia saying the typical, "We are sorry you have had this experience, blah, blah, blah." Still no explanation. I was tempted to close my account and find another bank, but decided I would give them one more chance.

Today, 3 months later, I was in the same grocery store and tried to use my debit card. Guess what? It was denied. I called SunTrust immediately, but this time another broken-English (I can barely understand) oriental customer service rep told me my debit card had been CANCELLED. Upset, I asked two questions, "Why did you cancel my debit card and why didn't you notify me that you did?" She could not tell me (must be a strange disease going around at SunTrust as it appears no one can give any reasons behind any decisions they make). When asked why they did not let me know either by email, letter or phone, again she was clueless. Yet, now I have NO access to ANY of my funds in my checking account. So, I have groceries in bags sitting at the grocery store yet again.

The Bottomline: SunTrust cannot be trusted, I repeat, SunTrust cannot be trusted with your money period. In my 40 years of banking, I have never seen such negligence and outright sloppy banking management as SunTrust. I will be closing my account next week and finding another bank. SunTrust has proven their incompetence twice over. I am not giving them another chance to embarrass me or deny me my funds when I have done nothing to deserve this. This is completely their fault. And, for whatever "system glitch" they may have, the fact is, they don't seem to care very much for their clients. Do not waste your time opening an account with SunTrust. You will regret it I promise you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I did a mobile deposit on Friday. On Saturday only 200 came through. Not even half. Not enough to pay my bills and get my meds. I call 3 to 4 days. On Saturday they said the hold would come off on Monday. Monday comes and I was told on Tuesday. Later that evening they took all the money back out. May I remind you all I called and told these people I need to get my kidney meds, they act like they don't care. I am so swollen because I have to had my fluid pills. They don't care. They went from the check clearing on Monday to Tuesday. Till now the 29. Till the check is not going to clear. They trying to do whatever to cover their selves. They can see it. I was told the check amount and the company name on it. I told them I have no money, no food to feed my son and self. I have no gas in my car, and on top of it all the longer I keep the fluid on me the worse it gets. I will be close this account. Please guys go to another bank.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

If anyone is pondering on opening an account with SunTrust, please, save yourself the trouble and headache. I'm speaking from recent experience. The other week, I had signed up for a credit check membership that enrolls one in auto pay. Well, long story short, I forgot to cancel the membership and the website charged me and put my account into the negatives. I realize this was my fault, as well as the overdraft charge that came with it. Cool deal, not a huge hit to my account

Here's where it gets bad. EVERY single time I used my card that week to make a purchase, whether it was something small like an energy drink at work, or to pay a bill, I was relentlessly charged a $36 overdraft fee. It totaled over $300 within the span of 4-5 days. When I called to check my balance, I about had a heart attack. On top of that, my paycheck that I bust my ass for day in and day out, was used to bring my account back up.

When I went to the local branch on my lunch break, I was told I could only be refunded ONE $36 overdraft fee. Big whoop. Earlier today, I decided to take it up with corporate, since I know the lady at the branch did everything she could. I was then told by some guy that sounded like he did not give a single care about my situation, that since I had Overdraft Coverage, which I was not aware of, I couldn't have my card declined. I would have much rather had my card declined for a beverage, than had it approved and pay close to $40 for it. The guy from corporate also told me I could not be compensated any further because the lady refunded me an overdraft fee. Some kind of eligibility crap or something. I ended up hanging up on him. I plan to terminate my checking and savings accounts with them within the next day or two.

So to sum everything up, do not bank with SunTrust. If you plan to open an account, don't, and if you bank with them, I HIGHLY suggest you close your account. You'd be way better off banking with a Credit Union, whom I feel are more for the people, or just burying your money in your yard. There's a special place in hell for the people that run this "bank".

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I never thought I would come across a bank that I absolutely despise. I created an account with this bank two years ago due to it being the bank my current employer uses and they were running an offer which gave you $100 for having $500 in direct deposits shortly after opening your account. For the longest time, I had no issues with them as a bank, no fees on my account, no held funds, nothing. I am very careful with my finances to ensure my account never goes negative so I had never had to deal with overdraft fees. Fast forward about two years and it has been nothing but trouble with this bank. It is very clear that there was a policy change in the company or even a change of staff high up. My first problem was with a subscription payment freezing my account with not so much as an email sent my way to let me know.

This was a payment that was made every month for the entire lifespan of the bank account so it was not a new transaction and should not have triggered their fraud protection system. To make it worse, this transaction was not stopped or even put on hold before my account was locked down so if it had been fraud, their system would not have done anything to protect my assets anyways. After spending twenty minutes on the phone giving their call center rep much more personal info than I was comfortable with, I was able to use my account again. I decided at this point that I was done with Suntrust and started to empty my account into my new account with another bank. At this point, I had almost cleared my account and was waiting on the transaction limits to roll over to finish when a separate subscription rolled my account barely into the negative.

I caught this within an hour and immediately initiated a funds transfer from my new bank account from Suntrust's side and thought I had it cleared up as this is how they say to resolve your balance to avoid the overdraft fees. I was wrong. I checked my account the next day to confirm that the wire transfer was showing and not only was it not showing but a $36 overdraft fee had been thrown on my account throwing the balance even further negative. At this point I sent Suntrust a message through their site asking why I was being charged an overdraft fee despite setting up a funds transfer to zero my balance and they sent me an almost canned response "apologizing" for the inconvenience and letting me know that if I did not clear up the balance by the end of the week, I would also be charged another $36 extended overdraft fee.

At this point, I checked my new bank to see if maybe they denied the funds transfer to see that it had not only posted but cleared on the other side. It took a further two days for it to even show as pending on Suntrust's side which still left my account balance -$36 due to the overdraft fee. At this point I sent Suntrust yet another message letting them know how ridiculous it was to not be able to avoid an overdraft fee by following their exact procedure for doing so and that I would not be paying the overdraft fee as I did not rightfully owe it and that I was in the process of closing the account. At this point I got another apologetic message from them and they finally refunded the overdraft fee the day before I was going to be charged the extended overdraft fee.

To top it all off, I never got the notice in the mail of the initial overdraft until nine days after it occurred which put me getting the notice after I would have gotten charged the extended overdraft fee. For anyone that even may have been considering this bank for whatever reason, don't. Just find another bank with much better reviews and don't deal with all the unnecessary stress such as this. This bank makes its money on overdraft fees and intentionally tries to make it impossible to resolve the overdraft to avoid the fees. As a final note, despite my employer using Suntrust, I now get paid a day earlier with my other bank and will not look back for even a moment at this sorry excuse for a bank.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

On 9/5/2017 I made a mobile deposit to my checking account. The only reason I made the deposit was because it clearly stated that my funds would be available to me the next day. Instead my account went in the negative as the bank put a hold on the check. This check I had waited over 1 month to receive. When I called Suntrust, I explained that we were expecting a hurricane and I needed my funds to provide water, food, gas, etc. The bank was less than caring and sympathetic to the cause and refused to release my funds. I explained that I had direct deposit to cover the funds in the event it would not clear and they put me on hold and came back to advise me that they were sorry.

I am a regional manager to a multibillion company and I can say that we strive on excellent customer service. There are exceptions to every rule. I would highly recommend that you do not give Suntrust your business. There are much better banks that have a definition of excellent customer service and it is not Suntrust. I will be closing my account and will let everyone know the awful experience they will encounter with Suntrust.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I tried to report a fraud activity on my debit card account, made phone calls, first phone system took many options to figure out, then it made me to wait more than 95 min. These thing repeated for many time whole weekend, adding insult to injury, on first working day on Tuesday, also it took my 98 min and could not reach the person to contact. Then used international number to reach and shouted at operator to transfer to "a person" in Fraud department.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This grotesque business does not even deserve the recognition of a poor review, let alone a one-star award. One star gives far, far too much credit. Suntrust deserves no such thing. I deposit two checks into my account. The next day, part of the funds had cleared, and part of the funds were held. This was annoying but I understand. The transaction foot note clearly stated that the held on these funds would be cleared up on 8/30/2017. It is 8/29/2017 when I deposited the funds.

Like any normal, logical human being I made purchases with the available funds. Like anyone, I was careful NOT to exceed my available balance. However, when 8/31/2017 rolls around I notice some phenomenal had happened to my account. Not only was the hold still in place, the hold was now for a significantly larger amount than originally. But wait... It gets better. Suntrust apparently has a very savvy system in place that will retroactively decrease your available balance due to the increase in funds held two days after a deposit was and one day after it supposedly had cleared. This means that those transactions I made in the time in between were made with money that didn't actually exist in the available balance.

It gets even better. Not only was my available balance retroactively decreased they decided it was fair to tag on $36 over draft fees on EACH GODDAMN TRANSACTION THAT WAS MADE THE PAST TWO DAYS. Plus an extended overdraft fee, and a maintenance fee. My account is astronomically in the negative and no one at SunTrust has yet to give me any reasonable answer as to why this happened nor will they do anything about it. Suntrust, you are, without question, the embodiment of human corruption and deceit. If there is a God, he has created a uniquely destructive corner of hell for the men and women who "run" your company. You sad, sad, excuse for modern banking.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I'm tired of the ATM telling me I have insufficient funds and when I know I don't cause I check my transactions every day on my phone. Then when I'm on the phone talking to customer service and they are telling me my transactions are approved but I’m getting no money so I go into bank and they are saying they dont see it. First time $400 some dollars on August 18, 2017 which that was taking care of but now. Sending me an email saying they may have an error and they are reversing the 103.50 on September 7, 2017. August 21, 2017 3 transactions, one for 100.00, one for 120.00 and one for 102.50 all authorized were suppose to fix in 48 hours then 48 hours come still not fixed so escalated another 48 hours still not fixed.

Basically, first woman I talked to said my account was being frauded. Ugh no it’s not. I’m sick of blocks being put on my card every day arguing with this bank. I have 500 overdraft but somehow it’s up to 585. And last week when they screwed my account up it was neg 715 so they also screwing me on my overdraft fees cause out all this money I havent got back. They charged me 36.00 overdraft fees and this is their mess up not mine and I told them I will not have my account fixed with them until they fix my account themselves!! I have bills as well I always have money in the bank and I would never fraud a bank and they want to try to turn this around on me. Dont think so. This needs to be fixed please.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

My cellphone bill came out of my account for 30 dollars, Yesterday the money was in my account. Well today they are gonna charge me a 36 fee for the phone bill saying there was no money in my account when clearly I had it come out according to my app. Lady on the phone was rude, my boyfriend who is ** said that he always gets a warning when he's in the negative but here's the thing I wasn't, this bank just tries to charge its members to make money off of them. This bank like all the others are frauds.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I applied for the Suntrust Prime Rewards card online on July and got approved. They sent me a letter with my credit score. After 30 days and no card I called Suntrust. This is where the headaches began. First they kept transferring me to different departments. No one was able to give me an answer regarding why I haven't received the card. Finally they tell me to go to a local branch and take me ID so that they can look up the information. I went to the branch and they called the card services. They put their own employee on hold for 1 hour trying to figure out what was wrong. They had closed the card even though I never received it. I asked them to issue a new card but they said that since the old one was closed they are not able to issue me a new card.

Keep in mind I never received the new card and it was never activated. I waited an entire month for this card and now they tell me that the account is closed and there is nothing I can do about it. How can they close my account if I never received the card? They had no answer as to why the card was canceled or why I was not able to receive a new card.

The reason I applied for the card was to have a balance transfer to avoid APR fees. I guess I'm lucky that the card was closed because I much rather pay Chase the annual APR than to deal with this terrible bank. No wonder they have 1 star rating. I guess their customer relations never checks this site because they have by far the worst reviews for customer service and overall dissatisfied customers. Please stay away from this bank at all costs. In summary I got approved for a card, never received it, account was closed, card was never shipped, "sorry there's nothing we can do about it. Try again next time". FAIL.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Suntrust's helpful, available and pushful in selling their products. They called me several times at work and at home, trying to sell their products to me.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The worst bank. High fees. No customer service. My account was compromised 3 times in 19 months. Each time there were multiple charges and no one called me. I found out on my own.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I submitted a legitimate fraud request to the bank 1 year ago. This was for 2 transactions totaling ~$800 for goods that were not received and the vendor never responded (to calls, emails, live-chat, faxes, and letters). I called SunTrust to report fraud. Originally, I was told by a lazy customer service representative that they needed only 1 of the 2 transactions and the other transaction could be added to the case later. Foolishly, I believed her. Turns out, when I called to ask why the case only listed 1 transaction, I was told that they couldn't find the other transaction even though I gave them the exact date, time, and transaction ID. Apparently, they don't keep proper records of your transactions.

Giving up on the $300, I tried to at least get back $400. After calling almost every 2 weeks, I was finally told to submit additional documentation. I did so promptly. Not just via mail, but via fax too. After that, they kept telling me to wait because they wanted to contact the vendor that charged my card. Again, I kept calling every month now to check the status. Fast forward 1 year since the original application, I received an email stating that they denied my request because the transaction was legitimate. When I called to ask what was going on, they changed their statement to, "We didn't receive documentation from you by the deadline," which is a complete and utter lie. I have some call records from this bank but I doubt I'll get my $800 back after wasting 1 year with this worthless cash grab of a bank.

Suntrust Company Information