1.14/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Suntrust

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Suntrust Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a SunTrust customer for over 8 years. I feel It is time to write a review about one of the staff working at 8700 Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Md 20910. Ms. ** (Teller) at this branch always give a good service to customers. She has all the qualities required when dealing with customers whether under pressure or not. Very quick and knowledgeable. Above all she has a good manner which makes her special compared to other tellers. I always prefer to be served by her. In addition, I never experienced any big issue with SunTrust Bank so far. Hopefully I will remain to be their customer for good.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Hi, I’ve been banking with Suntrust for over 15 years and I must say, whoever came up with the concept of giving you a few days to replenish your acct without an overdraft fee deserves high praise. My family and I have been struggling financially for the past year and a half and more fees is the last thing we need. I will be forever grateful during these difficult times. Every little bit counts.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

While Suntrust, is more of a traditional bank, unless you are a business account holder, I feel that all banks (for most people) are treated as online banks. Suntrust has a fairly robust online presence and their interface, using a traditional computer browser, is full featured and fairly intuitive. Their mobile app, is above standard, comparatively to other "traditional banks" and offers good security as well as the majority of the features available on their traditional browser based counterpart. I have considered switching to an "online only" bank; however I believe the emergent nature of the online banking business is still in flux and growing. For me, 50ish, I would like to see this mature more before I make the "jump".

Original review: July 3, 2019

It was very efficient working with Lending Tree and LightStream/SunTrust Bank to obtain a debt consolidation loan. LightStream has some negative reviews, but look at the dates. All of them are older and it looks like SunTrust got their customer service act together and got serious about completing for business. At least in my experience there were no better offers, hands down. I will work with this company again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The service with my local branches in VA has been good. Now that Suntrust & BBT are merging, I am a little troubled. I am going to the local branch today to iron out the future banking with them may or may not do banking, I will know soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is an accurate acct of how we bank. We are a fairly small but growing business. We opened our acct in 2017. Now here we are just shy of 2020. Now since there is no longer a Suntrust in Texas, due to hurricane Harvey, we transfer most of our monies from our personal acct to suntrust. HOWEVER this is not a good practice when trying to show how much your company makes on a monthly basis. So, at this point we have decided to mail in our customers checks for deposit. 1st check they lost, ok accidents happen. No big deal.

Forward to Dec. 9th the day they received a priority mail deposit of $10,500.00 which again they lost. FINALLY FOUND 12-12. 4 days after they actually got it. And what do they do. PUT A WEEK HOLD ON IT SO IT PUTS ME OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE I CANNOT MAKE PAYROLL. SAD SAD day when such a large bank cannot telecheck to confirm a check is good so would rather shut down a small business that is growing in a great economy. Taking my 10.5K out as soon as it clears AND by by SUN_UN-TRUST. Signed, very upset an disappointed ex small business owner.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have been with SunTrust for 13 years & lately it has been one of the most horrible banks to bank with. There is a delay in how the back post debits and it isn't accurate. For an individual that has a hard time financially there are constant mishaps, such as, transferring money without permission and not even apologizing.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

About a month ago I opened a checking account online so that I could have direct deposit. Ever since my first check was deposited (2 checks were deposited) I am yet to receive any funds. They closed my account and told me I would receive a check in the mail in 7-10 business days. That was over 15 business days ago.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Not even a star???? This is the WORST BANK EVER. Do Not trust your money to this Bank. They will make your life miserable.. Client since September. Getting ready to Close my account on Monday. Can't wait!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have been a customer of Suntrust for over 15 years. I had a car loan which automatic payments were paid through my Suntrust account. I moved out of State and continued to use my Suntrust Account to make my month car payments. When I traded in my vehicle, I contacted Suntrust Customer Service to close my account as I live in a State does that not have a Suntrust Bank. I was at no time informed that I had to close out the automatic payments, if I was informed I would have done that as well. The following month my closed account was forced open to make the car payment, which left the account in an overdraft. When I visited my local Suntrust branch, they put me in touch with Customer Service. I spent the next 3 hours at the branch and spoke with 6 different people and still no resolution. I attempted to speak with the Branch Manager, but she was not available.

About a month later, Suntrust withdrew the payment and fees from my mothers Suntrust account without permission, call or letter. I again contacted Customer Service and was finally transferred to the Escalation Department. I spoke with 2 different people before I got Jason on the phone, who claimed to be the Supervisor. He was rude and arrogant and after I explained the situation he stated "We can do what we want".

1 month later I received a check from the Credit Union, where the car payments were being sent with a letter stating the account was closed and has no way to post it. This check was issued 2 months after the account was closed and the automatic payment stopped. I am now dealing with the Bank Manager to try to sort this out again. Still no resolution. All they need to do is stop payment on the check, but no one seems to get it. It have now been 3 months and Suntrust cannot get their act together.

Suntrust Company Information