2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Marcus by Goldman Sachs

Marcus by Goldman Sachs is an online lender and savings bank. It offers personal loans up to $40,000 with fixed rates and no fees. High-yield savings accounts are also available. The bank is insured by the FDIC.

BOTTOM LINE

Marcus by Goldman Sachs offers personal loans from $3,500 to $40,000. Loans come with a fixed APR, so your payments are always the same. It doesn't charge fees for personal loans or savings accounts.

PROS

• Fast approval
  • Customizable monthly payment
  • No fees on loans

CONS

• No physical locations
  • High credit requirements

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

What is Marcus by Goldman Sachs?

Marcus by Goldman Sachs is an online lender that offers personal loans to borrowers with good credit scores. Personal loans can be used for various needs, including paying down high-interest debt or improving your home. Since there are no physical branch locations for this bank, the loan application must be completed online. Some applications can be approved in as few as five minutes.

Marcus interest rates and fees

As of publishing, Marcus offers fixed APRs ranging from 6.99% to 19.99%. People seeking longer loan terms or who have lower credit scores typically receive APRs in the higher end of that range. Loan amounts range from $3,500 to $40,000 with terms from 36 to 72 months.

For example, a $15,000 loan with a 12.99% APR would require 48 monthly payments of $402, according to Marcus. You must apply online to find out what interest rate you qualify for. During the application process, you can customize your monthly loan payment and due date to find the terms that are right for you.

Marcus doesn’t charge any fees, including sign-up fees or prepayment penalties. You can receive a rate discount of 0.25% for signing up for autopay. With every 12 payments you make on time, you get one interest-free payment deferral.

Marcus by Goldman Sachs FAQ

Is Marcus by Goldman Sachs FDIC insured?
    Yes, Marcus is an FDIC member. Its accounts are insured at $250,000 for individually owned accounts and $250,000 per owner of jointly held accounts.
    Does Marcus have an app?
    Yes, Marcus has a mobile app that provides access to your accounts. This app is available on both iOS and Android devices.
    How do I close a Marcus savings account?
    You can close your Marcus savings account online or over the phone. To close your account online, go to your account details page, click the three dots in the upper right to open the menu and select “Close this account.”
    Is Marcus by Goldman Sachs safe?
    Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a safe online lender that offers fixed rates on loans up to $40,000. It doesn’t charge sign-up fees or prepayment penalties, but it does have high credit requirements for approval. Apply online to receive a credit decision in as few as five minutes.

Is Marcus by Goldman Sachs legit?

Yes, Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a legitimate high-yield online savings account and no-fee personal loan provider. It offers competitive interest rates and no fees on sign-ups, prepayments or late payments. We also like that you can defer one payment after making 12 or more consecutive monthly payments in full and on time.

Marcus by Goldman Sachs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marcus by Goldman Sachs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marcus by Goldman Sachs?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Great Loan and Excellent Client Services. I needed to consolidate my high interest credit cards as my monthly payments never seemed to lower my balances much. I had never done this before and a friend referred me to Marcus Goldman. My loan was able to pay off three accounts in full and pay off a large chuck of other balances that were haunting me every month. My one monthly payment along with not using these credit cards has made my credit score go from good to excellent in seven months!

Marcus by Goldman Sachs Company Information